Speaker 1: I'm Tamika D.
Speaker 2: Mallory and it shit Boy my son in general.
Speaker 1: We are your host of TMI.
Speaker 3: Tamika and my Son's Information, Truth, motivation and inspiration.
Speaker 1: Name new Energy. What's going on, my son, Lennon, I'm.
Speaker 2: Good, Actively Black, Muhammad Ali.
Speaker 1: I love the activity.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, that's.
Speaker 1: That's how things.
Speaker 4: And I can't even say anything because you put me on and you was telling me you need.
Speaker 1: To be and I was like, Okay, I got to get that's right. I love actively black. That's our people.
Speaker 4: So the State of the People Power Tour is in progress. And you know, for people who don't know, the State of the People Power Tour is an effort that came out of the State of the People twenty four hour marathon that ran at the same time that Donald Trump was intending to do his what he did his State of the Union address. We said, they're gonna be lying and fear mongering and hate throwing. It's so funny because anyway else say they said, that's what we said. That's what they're gonna be doing over here. We are going to be organizing, educating, in forming our people and you know, coming together in community. And I just really have to give a lot of credit to the entire State of the People family because it is certainly a labor of love. A lot of people are involved and working twenty four hours a day under the guidance of our drill Sergeant Captain, which is Angela Rye, who has been keeping us going from day to day. Angela absolutely we have to have her on to talk about, you know what we have been able to accomplish as a team, and she's really really committed to keeping us on tasks, making sure it doesn't fall apart that people don't be like, oh, I'm busy, I got this going on. You know how we do it always takes somebody to drive the mission, and she definitely is taken on that role. And I know how hard it is because as you know, I often am in that role and you know, it gets to be really difficult.
Speaker 1: But the State of the People.
Speaker 4: Power Tour is now a tour across the country that really is designed to examine our power right which we know we have people locally have been doing work for a law.
Speaker 1: They've never been able to depend on systems.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter who's in office, Democrats, Republicans, whoever. It is maybe in their local town, it might be an independent they still have to have systems in place to ensure that the Black community specifically and of course other vulnerable populations. But this is about black folks that they can survive sustainability. And we have never ever been able to rely on the government to do everything that's necessary on a hyper hyper hyper local level.
Speaker 1: For our communities.
Speaker 4: Now you have some people who get in charge and they make things worse, and some people who marginally or incrementally make things better or at least they don't do much harm to our communities. And that's kind of where we find ourselves. And I respect that there are people who are just tired of participating in that cycle. So the State of the People Power Tour is not about who you're voting for. It isn't about that. Now for some people locally, it is for them because they have people that they got, you know, running for office, and you know, people who they believe are better for their communities.
Speaker 1: And that's fine.
Speaker 4: We're not in any way in charge of at This tour is not endorsing any particular candidates.
Speaker 1: This tour is not about that. It is really about.
Speaker 4: Building power and being in community with our people traveling the country, meeting folks who have solutions, because again, these people have been doing this work. They're like, hey, you know, we know this is pretty terrible everything that's happened in this country. But over here we have farmers' market, so we know how to feed one another. We have jobs that we've created, community senses, anti violence programs, ways to govern our own communities. You know, we do all that over here. So we going around the country finding our people. Some of them we know, others we're meeting in this process uplift their work. We have these big platforms million here, million, this one a million people, that one a million people. All these different organizations have so many people, so building power is important again being in a community. And then you have people mice who are seriously afraid they may have been impacted or they're in a situation. Maybe they're in a job because black folks are in jobs where they're the diversity, equity and inclusion rollbacks are impacting them, so they've either lost their jobs. It's a lot of black folks that may not be talking about it, but they might not be talking about it publicly, but they're certainly calling us behind the scenes, saying they're threatening us, they're changing everything. They take out black, take out specific language that's for our communities.
Speaker 1: You know, these things are happening.
Speaker 4: You got people who work for the federal government that are being terminated.
Speaker 1: You got folks who are feeling it and they know.
Speaker 4: And a lot of times, because of the lawsuits, they're always telling you don't talk too much about it because it's not much you can say when they're fighting to get you reinstated, to get the federal workers back.
Speaker 1: So, but there are a lot of people who are afraid.
Speaker 4: There's some people none of that's happened to They just sitting back watching and they're saying, what in the hell is going on?
Speaker 1: I'm afraid.
Speaker 4: I'm scared, and we don't want our people to be out there feeling like the movement has somehow gone, you know, black or whatever.
Speaker 1: Dark dark is a better way to describe it.
Speaker 4: No, we're still active, we're still organizing, we're still meeting, we're still strategizing, and I think I love this.
Speaker 1: Angela says that this tour is a love.
Speaker 4: Letter to black people that were still here and we're with you, and you are with us, and we're in this together. And when I think about the people who have been major players, I mean, there's so many people. I do not even want to get in trouble by naming the folks, but I do suggest that people go to STATEOFTHEPPL dot com, that state OFTTHEPPL dot com where you can learn more about those folks who are engaged, people who are organizing. And you know, many of you have already noticed that there is a meme where you see more and more black people saying I'm in, I'm in, I'm gonna participate somehow in this tour. And so it's ten cities, which is the initial part of the tour. There's to be more to be done afterwards everywhere we've already kicked off in Atlanta, also North Carolina and moving forward to New Orleans, to Birmingham, Alabama, to California, Alta, Dina specifically going to Detroit, Michigan, and you know, doing some impactful work. And I know they have more places, but again, go do the research, check it out, find out where you can come. Newark, New Jersey, Louisville, Kentucky, which our organization Until Freedom is really engaged in those two cities and a lot of people, people with all different skills and backgrounds. That's what I love on one thing about trauma. When your community or when we get hit with trauma, the one thing we will do is figure out how to come together. And what I love about the State of the People Power Tour is that you have people working together who are like blona fide grass.
Speaker 1: Roots, down to the ground activists.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about the ones that you see them and they you will never see them in a room with other people. But then you also have folks who are in the you know, the the more considered to be let's be clear, you know, talented tenth whatever that means. I don't I take that back, that's not even a thing. But people who may see themselves to.
Speaker 1: Be very elite and and and and.
Speaker 4: Their work, the black bougeoisie, I don't know, they don't really like well.
Speaker 2: They don't like being quoted.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying the grassroots will normally considered the big wazi or the black BOUGEOISI. I mean, it's pretty much understanding that we need each other.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: We're at a time in history where all people black, old people in marginalized communities really realize.
Speaker 1: How all people realize.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just saying the majority people realize the times we're in, you know, and if you, if you've experienced, see what's happening is this those who have experienced the luxuries of you know, being able to benefit from the accommodations made in our constitution and being able to benefit off d and be able to go to school based of dr and be able to get jobs based off those situations, not because they weren't smart enough, because they didn't have opportunities, and opportunities were provided for them. And now they're able to create generational wealth or were able to create general and seeing those things diminish and just disappear, and those who've never had that are now realizing that they're on the same exact wavelength. And now they have to come together, and we have to come together and create what the agenda for Black America is and be united in that. And like you said, it's trauma. Unfortunately, we always unite in trauma, you know, And that's why we say, Look, we look at situations. A lot of people say, you know, this Trump presidency, you know, even though it's way worse than the last one, it's what it's going to take to make us revote in the manner that we need to to come together and create what it is that is necessary for black people. And I think this is one of those steps in which we go into different states, in different towns and we're getting the agenda and find out what do you believe that we need to be doing.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I think that's what's always been an issue. You know, we all have our individual and say, well, me and my people we need this. What do we all need collectively that we can have So it doesn't matter who the candidate is, right that we come to and say, hey, this right here is what we need. Black people all around this country say this is what we need, you know, and when they realize that that's what it is is going to take to get our votes and to move us, and then we could create our own candidates, right because now we have a prototype of what it is.
Speaker 2: So we actually growing our own candidates.
Speaker 3: We're growing our own electiveficiers because now we have a blueprint of exactly what we want. We're sending our kids to the schools, we're educating them the manner we utilizing all of our skill sets because now you have those that have been in the suites and those have been in the streets, and they're getting a little bit of the people from the streets and they're gonna teach you how to fight there. And then they're telling you the sweets is telling you how you navigating that strategy, strategizing, And that's what it's gonna take. It's gonna take a very nuanced, complex, multi you know, intersectional movement for us, because that's what they've done. They've created, They've created someone who has the will of their poor people right to the will. He appeals to the fact that they feel like they've been disenfranchised.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Then he appeals to the white supremacists who want who have money and the money will want to be white supremacishos who just want to focus on money, and you know, and they appealing to everything. They appealing to the lower viperation and every one of these people, right, And that's what America. America is so built on low viberations that you know, it seems like the majority, but it's not, you know, just because that's what media and social media teaches us or promotes to us. That's what we need to focus on. The more lower vibrational thing we got to focus on. If I don't got money, then I ain't got this. If we ain't got sex, if we ain't got this, if we ain't hoarding.
Speaker 2: All of the resources we need. It's only us.
Speaker 3: We like, there's a whole world, and they have made us believe America America first is such a crazy thing to me, because we have a whole world with billions of people in it, and we're sitting there telling people, Nah, we're gonna we're gonna alienate it.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna focus on them.
Speaker 3: That that ideology in itself is a failing ideology, right, because we're supposed to be it's resources.
Speaker 2: Is.
Speaker 3: When we travel outside of this country, right, and we visit other countries, we realize how beautiful it is, how many different nationalities, how many different cultures it is. Why would we want to isolate ourselves to just America for what?
Speaker 2: How does that benefit?
Speaker 3: Why would we want to not want to trade with other countries and build with other countries and be unified with other countries and not have to focus on we got to have four or five allies because we might have to go to war and every week, every week we got it, like it doesn't even make sense. And but that's what they have succeeded in doing, right, because people are disenfranchised, and they are purposely disenfranchised. They've created all of these things about the immigrants and this, and they tell you that the reason why you ain't got stuff because the immigrant's got it. But they stealing billions of dollars and they make billions of dollars and they able to spend two hundred million a day on shit that makes no sense.
Speaker 2: But you don't have nothing.
Speaker 3: Because the immigrant that came here that didn't have nothing is trying to get a job, and they make you focus on him and not focus on the people who's really stealing from you. But this is what America is. And I think in this time right now, blacks need to be on on cold, on Q and on point about what it is necessary for us to get to where.
Speaker 2: We need to be.
Speaker 4: But it's gonna be some people who gonna say, well, well, ice Cube, he had a plan, and he put the plan forward and people didn't follow or support. And y'all said, I want to remind folks that because I saw somebody tell a lot the other day that I and no, no, no, what I said was timing and everything. And when you're in the middle of a moment where Lucifer is trying to become president in this very second, right, my thing because he ain't do nothing about anything, but.
Speaker 2: He was strategic about that.
Speaker 1: But but okay, fine, whatever.
Speaker 4: What I said again, let me repeat myself, is that the time to present the plan is when there was nine hundred thousand people running for the Democratic nomination, Right, that was the time to present the plan so that you could find somebody of those.
Speaker 3: Even if it wasn't a Democrat, it wasn't Trump. Right, if you if you were saying to yourself that you liked the Republicans better, they were saying Republicans, it was actually something at that time.
Speaker 4: But remember they didn't I think they had a primate, but they were decided.
Speaker 1: Pretty quickly he was going to be the guy.
Speaker 4: When I'm saying that, I'm saying that there was a time when there was nine hundred thousand people running, and all I'm suggesting is that that was a great time for us to know that you had the plan, so we could go force the people to do the stuff that's in the plan.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: One last thing and number two is that some of us might have wanted to see the plan, so we could have actually helped promoted.
Speaker 2: Because if it's a plan for black and America, yeah, it should be a.
Speaker 1: Bunch of people that know about it.
Speaker 2: And sit around. It should be hundreds, not thousands of black people that feel.
Speaker 1: Like to understand that you don't go meet people about your plan. That's us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it wasn't good. I think it was good.
Speaker 1: It wasn't good thing.
Speaker 2: I think it was a good faith.
Speaker 3: I just think that when you understand, organize it, and when you're doing something by the people and for the people, then the people got to be involved.
Speaker 4: So the hints the target boycott. From day one, we've been trying to keep everybody informed of everything.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not easy. It's not easy.
Speaker 4: So from my thought of the day today, so you know, there's a lot happening with Bully Trump and his co partner co president.
Speaker 1: Where is have you seen Elon in Alaska? I ain't seen Elon. Elon said y'all messing.
Speaker 2: With don't figure it out?
Speaker 4: Said, look y'all, bread man, and I bet you some other people probably called the white said.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard from since Vin was talking about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet you. So white folk called down.
Speaker 4: There to the White House and said, y'all have to get this man out of here because he is too much. He's probably you of it to you had a changeaw which I didn't even know that. So just what I'm saying, that's what I'm saying. So we ain't heard from him, But that doesn't mean he's not still doing this thing. Plus they don't already allegedly, uh you know, took what they.
Speaker 1: Needed to take.
Speaker 2: So I ain't heard from since then.
Speaker 1: It's just it's just where's he we should do? Where's Elon Musk? Right?
Speaker 4: But he definitely needs to be gone and not but until it's an announcement that he's absolutely gone, then he's not gone. And Trump said the other day, oh, well.
Speaker 1: What do you say?
Speaker 4: He said, no, you know, he's very talented. You know, at some point he was going to have to go back.
Speaker 1: It ain't been a year.
Speaker 2: At some point you got to go back to work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Stopt, we know three card Malli.
Speaker 1: We saw that before.
Speaker 2: So we're from New York City. We know exactly about three.
Speaker 4: Car We know three card mally so any who, AnyWho? I was thinking, you know, because we've been saying as it relates to this whole Target situation, which, by the way, a bunch of.
Speaker 1: Non believers, Oh you know everybody? Why not everybody? But there were people why Target?
Speaker 4: Why are you doing this first of all, trying to get folks to focus on sixteen things at one time. It has not ever worked. It's just we just and the way that the world moves in the speed of lightning.
Speaker 1: If you don't have a focus on something.
Speaker 4: Your your attention deficit disorder can just take you spiraling out of control. So we know what we were doing anyway. So with that being said, but as we've been talking, and I told you that in a conversation with a meeting that we had with the Target executives Nina Turner, Jamaal Bryan and myself, we asked, what is the difference between Target and Delta, Target and costco right, because those folks have said ten toes down, we staying with diversity, equity, inclusion right now, they need to say they're gonna do better, which we can keep this. There's levels to this thing, but they said they're sticking with it. They're not getting rid of their programs, So what is the difference with Target? And it made me and when I said it on the call, sure, I believe that I know, but it becomes more crystal clear to me as I watch Harvard because Harvard is being bullied. Donald Trump says he wants he gonna hold two billion dollars. Now he's up to another billion, and Harvard said, listen, you can go, you can kick Rocks. We're gonna sue you, We're gonna fight you. And we're saying, no, we're not in the world.
Speaker 1: That's why they do produce very very good lawyers.
Speaker 4: But there's some great lawyers that are coming from HBCUs.
Speaker 1: And other Right, they do they do, they do.
Speaker 4: There's people who've gone to Harvard for the most part, if they really were there, not just because somebody bought their brought their way in because we saw that we know how that was going down. But people who really went there and studied, they get something from it. And absolutely, so you're right, but Harvard said, Kickrocks not doing it now. The funny thing about it, And by the way, Harvard has a an endowment billions of dollars of an endowment.
Speaker 1: That's what endowment to four.
Speaker 4: Something happened, there's a rainy day or a situation. You can still take care of your business and maintain the institution no matter what's going on. That is a lot of rules and this and voting and boards and whatever, But nonetheless, that's what you have. You have a pocket of money or a bucket of money that is there to sustain you. Right, So they they basically like, let's play a game, because we know you you want to bully us. But if we look the devil in his eye, he a flee from you.
Speaker 1: Is that not? Is that not the word? Okay?
Speaker 4: Columbia pretty much has said they was gonna do whatever Trump wanted. Right they announced, we hear you, We're gonna get rid of this and that and do we're gonna do this to the students to put these rules, and I mean they went along with a bunch of stuff that was crazy and embarrassing. When Harvard said we're gonna fight back and created or whoever created the Big Ten, which is a bunch of educational institutions that are joining forces to fight back. Now, Columbia has sort of started to walk back some of what they've agreed to. Colombia is like, yeah, actually, we're really not gonna let the federal government tell us take away all of our autonomy.
Speaker 1: That's their statement, quote end quote. Right.
Speaker 4: It took the courage of one to stand up, and now that courage has become contagious.
Speaker 1: One became contagious.
Speaker 4: Now other people are like, oh, okay, yeah, I can stand up too. I'm gonna speak out too, I'm gonna join the fight. And my thought of the day is that we have to no matter what the nay says, be people on your team, your family members, your friends. People say the left and right, and you are telling you this ain't gonna work. While y'all in Target, what about John and this company and that company? Yeah, them companies, they also need to be on the list. But it takes you to be able to show one, just one, just one. Since we as black women especially like to go to your store and we walk around for four five hours and we became besties with you because Michelle Obama said y'all was Tarja. Somebody reminded me of that the other day. Michelle Obama said, y'all was Tarja, and we love it, We love you, and we up in there spending money, and you got the audacity, first of all, to say you're gonna roll something back and didn't even meet with the business owners or the people the community. And you want to meet now, maybe you should have met before, but you would have had to respect your consumer base and respect the people who actually are helping to keep your company in one of the top whatever number they are of those big box brands.
Speaker 1: So for me, it just.
Speaker 4: Reminds me and it underscores that we are on the right issues. That if you are a company who has decided that you want to stand with those or at least try to somehow seem like you're on the same page with this administration's racism, bigotry and oppression suppression of people.
Speaker 1: We have the right to say, we don't even need to argue with you. Let's just take our little stuff, our little bit of court.
Speaker 5: You don't need.
Speaker 1: You didn't even need it. You didn't even need it.
Speaker 4: So simple thought of the day is, it takes the courage of one, and it takes the sometimes a precise battle to be able to spread to others, to one.
Speaker 1: Alert them we're not playing and.
Speaker 4: Two show us the power of what we can do when we come together.
Speaker 3: Boycott Target, Boycott Target because Target is boycotting out.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, We just we just following suit. Man. You don't want us, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We get it, man, You made you said, look, I'm breaking up with you, and we said we know.
Speaker 4: They said we're breaking up, but we still got some stuff for you. But it just we can't tell it.
Speaker 2: They just want to have sex with you. They don't want to go with you. See, they don't want to go with you no more, but they want to call you a little booty call.
Speaker 4: Here my time.
Speaker 1: Forget it.
Speaker 3: You can't get none of this. Now you realize that you've got that. We had that good good and you're like, damn man, what we're going to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, thank you for.
Speaker 3: No more booty called down up, break up with us in the daytime and try to get a little bit of at nighttime.
Speaker 2: It ain't gonna work, man, So we on you.
Speaker 1: Terrble moving right long? Do you have to see your minde for today? Are people still doing too much?
Speaker 2: People are doing way way too much.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this is too much right because you know Trump's tariffs they have to like two hundred and forty five percenting against China, and so we, I mean, this.
Speaker 1: Is like not even making sense the word we're from.
Speaker 3: We're in the tariff war with a country, a nation that we have allowed to outsource most of our things with in hopes that now people in America saying, you know what we're gonna We're just gonna build all the things that they got and we're gonna find out. But now what we're doing is we're eliminating the fact that we have import export companies that are gonna be disenfranchised. We have certain trucking businesses that they can go to those docks to get through. All of these places that have built their industries off the import export building business, mainly going to China, are going to close down. So the only thing you're doing is actually sacrifice it. You're interchanging them, so it's not going to build anything, and you're gonna end the relationship with the country. But that's not even the thing. Right now, China has said, okay, so we a war. So what I'm gonna do is let y'all know them the consumer dollar bags y'all paying for they made right here in this little factory for about thirty forty dollars and if you want them, we can ship them to you personally. Since this is what y'all want to do, we gonna let you know the back is made in China and ain't made in whatever you think it is. And we got them right here. They charging you fivey ten thousand. We got them for about fifty one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Man want fifty hundred, They charging fifty hundred.
Speaker 3: And they on every site letting you know this this the game y'all want to play. They playing dirty? So are they doing too much by exposing? Because I think that people are stupid anyway, Yeah, y'all, y'all love to spend more money because if it's saying costs more money, y'all say, it's more value with So they let y'all know that they be playing y'all, and some people won't be like, I'm not buy it. And it's the same day. This is this is how we have been conditioned to just do bullshit. It's the same bag if somebody put the same exact bag and they tell you this bag right here it's five hundred dollars and this one is fifty thousand. Some people will say, dont want that fifty thousan fifty thousand dollars bag.
Speaker 2: And you're gonna buy it.
Speaker 3: And so I'm just saying to myself, is it even gonna work? Because we so materialistic and we want to have what's called high level fashion anyway, that want my end high end and whatever it is high end fashion anyway that people gonna still want to pay five thousand dollars for the thirty dollars bag?
Speaker 2: So are they doing too much? Are they wasting their time? Is it gonna make sense?
Speaker 3: Are we gonna fall for or we're gonna because listen to me, China, let me get about ten twenties bag.
Speaker 2: Because I know I can sell them here.
Speaker 4: Now, but you can't sell them because the logo is not going to be on them.
Speaker 1: See that's the thing.
Speaker 4: The reason why the bags cost more money is because the people like Hermez is one that are trying to put this information out about Hermez puts they first of all, this is so crazy, which when I was watching the video, I said.
Speaker 1: Who They said, China ships the product to Europe.
Speaker 4: Europe puts the stamp and the serial number and all the hardware on it that comes from this count from from her meds and her ear maz and then they send it over here to America.
Speaker 1: So when they send it over here, they send it from Europe.
Speaker 4: So you think you get used some European stuff.
Speaker 1: And really that's what China said.
Speaker 3: Now did they go over here and they put it made in Europe and then the shore.
Speaker 1: They don't say made in Europe.
Speaker 4: I think it might still say made in China, or maybe it doesn't say it at all, because I'm imagine they paid him a little more to take everything off of it. I have to look because I am a victim.
Speaker 1: I'm not a victim. It's by choice. It's by choice. It's my choice.
Speaker 4: But I'm not a person that says, I'm not willing to buy this fire one hundred dollars thing. I'd rather the fifty thousand. I have all of it. I got something. I don't have nothing fifty thousand, but I have all of it. I have high end stuff supposed you know, quote unquote with the logo, and I have things that I value that are very good quality, that comes from different people, and especially black folks, that cost something that is much more reasonable.
Speaker 1: So I'm across the spectrum.
Speaker 4: Just to be clear, however, I am one of those people who have purchased things that are very expensive and it came from this brand and that brand. So I'm just saying that when target targeting, when China puts this information out, it does make you sit back and be like, this is very interesting. They send it to Europe, and in Europe does yeah because you don't really care. You will wear a little bit of name brand, but that.
Speaker 3: Ain't your thing because I realized that somebody is jerking, somebody is skimming and.
Speaker 2: Skin It's funny.
Speaker 1: That was funny when you.
Speaker 3: When you start selling clothes and you get into like fashion, start realizing that you go downtown and people is buying twenty three, they bring it up town they.
Speaker 2: Selling for two hundred.
Speaker 3: So if that's just happening in that in the micro, I know what these people is.
Speaker 2: Making and how they doing it. So listen. Might be TAMN, but might not be.
Speaker 1: There's that, it might not be tr min. Maybe I think it's it. I think people need to know.
Speaker 4: This decision because there are people out here that kill over this stuff and die over it.
Speaker 2: Work.
Speaker 4: They whold life, won't buy nothing else before they get whatever this thing is that has a symbol of status.
Speaker 1: So but that that was you, That was a good one. Yeah, that was very.
Speaker 4: Now speaking of where folks are getting products and stuff, man, I tell you they're trying to kill us.
Speaker 1: This lady that is coming.
Speaker 4: Up right now, our next guest is about to talk about something that's really serious, like our health is at risk, for people's greed, for people's lack of care, and again, a lot of stuff that we're getting from other places around the world, they really don't care if it's killing black women and killing black people. And so we're about to learn a little bit more about that. And like I said, it's really personal for me because I'm one of the individuals who needs needs the service that this woman is coming up to talk about. So this conversation that we're about to have is so serious. I don't even know if we've ever talked about anything on this show that's more serious than that than this.
Speaker 1: Because my health is at risk.
Speaker 4: I love me some braids. Got to have some braids. This is part of my lifestyle. And even when I have my bundles in my head, there's braids under new So there are literally braids in my hair probably three hundred and fifty five day fifty what is it, three hundred and sixty by d about three hundred and sixty days of the year I have braids in my head. I just want everybody to understand because I only got about five.
Speaker 1: Days of all through a whole year.
Speaker 4: Of taking it out, maybe a night of letting it just be free. But I keep my hair done. So I'm trying to figure out what's going on. So we have this sister who is here with us today, Kadija Doso, who is the CEO and founder of Doso Beauty, and that is a company that is the first clinically tested, non toxic, hypoallergenic braiding hair and organic hair care brand on.
Speaker 1: The market, the first.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm taking A young beautiful woman who you have been recognized by Forbes thirty Under thirty, Refinery twenty nine and you name it. I think you also won the competition with what's his name, Pharrell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you're like.
Speaker 4: Making headway, making headlines, one point eight million dollars in sales and your company just started in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: No, we started in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 4: Oh, in twenty eighteen, Okay, But twenty twenty four is when you begin to get the recognition. Yeah, got a lot of recognition in twenty I mean in these past two months we've jumped by eight hundred percent of sales. Okay, So it's a lot happened in what you were saying, the political dynamics are shifting people's focus towards black businesses. Then, of course, health is a thing. And I love knowing that you guys started in twenty eighteen because what that consistently underscores for our young people and for other people who think that this is the social media it pops up and just happens.
Speaker 1: Era it doesn't.
Speaker 4: People are building things for years before we see the finished product and before you actually get the credit. So you're saying that for six years you were moving around and doing stuff, but you begin to get a focus and the recognition in terms of headlines and whatnot in twenties. So it took you six years twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Four, it's definitely been a culmination. That's okay. Just you know, because we deal with people every day.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow you're supposed to be rich, Like they're like, no, I just did it. Why ain't got the money because you ain't put the work in. You got to struggle before you could really strive. You don't understand. They don't understand that that was a bar. So you got to struggle before you can strive.
Speaker 4: But I don't want to always struggle.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, you're building a house, like you're building something. There's a foundation right before you building foundation is mud, is this and that, and you have to make it solid so that they just it don't blow away. It's like the Little Piggy's houses man, you know three all of them had different houses. When you know when they built it. That brick though, it's gonna last long. So you just gotta understand what it is that you're doing. So that's why I'm saying we appreciate you because this is this is the lessons that our kids need to understand that there is a process, that it takes time, because most of they just go on the internet and they see people.
Speaker 2: Go viral one day and somebody's viraling. You know, I was popular.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know. I woke up and I was viraling out nos. But there are a lot of us who had to do this brick by brick who had to put the work in, you know, and there's a story behind it.
Speaker 2: And the thing, the thing that I.
Speaker 3: Always tell people is those closest to the problem or closest to the solution. Right, So when you you created this out of something of reaction that you had to synthetic, kids, plain how that happened.
Speaker 4: Yes, So I was living here in New York and I got my hair braided in Brooklyn and I had a severe allergy creation. I mean there's something called dermatitis bump so it's a little tiny bumps that you're like, ooh, it's pulling.
Speaker 1: Or so it was actually the braiding hair.
Speaker 4: I called myself being precautious by getting the clean therapy like pre cleansed hair, pre treated hair. But the hair is still super toxic. Most people don't notice, but braiding hair includes lead, mercury, and a bunch of other carcinogens that literally cause us cancer.
Speaker 1: Damn. What is VOCs is that?
Speaker 4: So those are different compounded ingredients that help that they basically help us to cause cancer.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: So those different compounds and ingredients they are mixed together, especially when you put other chemicals together, and the basis of the connectulon fiber when they started to create it in nineteen fifties something. It was built together, so it can last longer, it can be shiny, it can take to color, it can be flame retarded, heat resistance.
Speaker 1: So basically, it's toxic chemicals.
Speaker 4: Toxic chemicals. Okay, So Johnson and Johnson. I think about our brother, attorney Benjamin Krump, who is suing Johnson and Johnson because clearly the baby powder, the talcum and other things were not good for us. I think Revlon is one of the other companies as well. So we know that there's a history of these toxins, specifically harming black folks, which sometimes I wonder, like how why is it? Everything it just escifically, so I don't understand. Yeah, I mean, so how why is it that the end, I'm not saying that there haven't been white folks, white women who also use talcum powder and they got you know, what do we get cistus and things like that cancer cause insists. I'm not saying that, but we know the numbers are not the same, and I just try to understand why is it?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 4: Maybe you don't, maybe this is off topic, but do you understand, like what is it that the products are specifically bad for us as black people?
Speaker 1: I think for me, honestly, you really got to take a look at the ownership of the actual industry.
Speaker 4: So most people don't know, but like almost eighty nine percent of all ethnic hair care products are owned by white and Korean men. Do you think that they researched what might harm their own people and make sure that it's not as prevalent in the product and they don't care about the rest of the folks. I think they care about time. I think they care about the speed, how much money they can make off of it. But as far as health is concerned, I think that's the last part on their list.
Speaker 1: No matter what.
Speaker 3: I'm making it not to say, but who is really getting braids? You know what I'm saying, the white girls.
Speaker 1: Are using And I was talking about tau compowders.
Speaker 4: So I'm all to Johnson and Johnson kind of you know, just thinking about like Johnson and Johnson and Reblin there is a specific impact for black women with those products, black people with those products, and a lot of times black men are impacted too because black men can get cysts and you know, cancer cause and sist.
Speaker 1: But never talk about it.
Speaker 4: And that's why the death rates are so stark because most of the men are not taking care of themselves properly and not getting the proper checkups and all of that. So by the time they're gone the research and the process of treatment and all of that, it's too late, you know. So it's so there's a lot of disparities there. But I was specifically thinking about why some of those products, all the toxins harm us the most. But to your point, all of them, back to your point, across the board, they're thinking about how to get these product make the most that they can, so they want to spread it as much as they can in which means you need to put synthetic things. Let's go back to I learned a little bit from New Jack City and juice not juice, what's of belly and all of that that when people making drugs they put products in it that makes it look the same, but it's what is it lower quality that stretches it out, Like we know, we saw them cook it up, you know, bacon powder, bacon soda was a part of that, right, and that so that that so we know infence and all is now something that is being used to stretch drugs and it's killing people. So this is a problem, Like what is the FDA involved?
Speaker 1: So that's the thing. Like the other part is that there's.
Speaker 4: No FDA regulation about around cosmetics, especially the ethnic hair care products that are around there, so people can like I had the allergic reaction. Again, it's said clean therapy, it's said that it was pre cleansed.
Speaker 1: But that's just marketing.
Speaker 4: Anybody can can mock up a PDF on canvas and say, oh, I'm gonna print this out and put it on the packaging.
Speaker 1: Anybody can.
Speaker 4: There's no regulation the braiding here that were using my hair itching right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I'm cratching. I wasn't even in that engine.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you're saying that there's no body. No. And by the way, have you ever seen Painkillers? No? No?
Speaker 4: Okay, so you have to watch Painkiller. You have to watch Painkillers on Netflix. God, we've been telling you about it. But you find out at the end of this documentary that the guy from the FDA who was continuously denying the Percoset family, my line, my son their application over some year, no no, because he knew that it was addictive and harmful, and he was like, nah, this is not good for people.
Speaker 1: They met him somewhere.
Speaker 4: It was this is a documentary painkiller, so they's supposed to be true information here. They met him somewhere at a conference or invited him to come and kind of see up close and personal what they do. There was a meeting in the hotel room. The next thing you know, he a year later, he approves their patent and then.
Speaker 1: Quits the FDA and goes to work for.
Speaker 5: Stop.
Speaker 2: They paid him a lot of money.
Speaker 1: The Sackler family, the Sacler family. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Okay, so the FDA don't even mean the thing, but you're telling me there is no governing body.
Speaker 1: There is no governing body.
Speaker 4: So like, that's why it was important for us to get our clinical trials because I wanted to make sure that, Okay, my manufacturer wasn't just telling me, okay, this is non toxic and hyper ologenic. I needed clinical trials to both say that we are clinically tested non toxic and also hyper ologenetic.
Speaker 3: Wow, So what exact chemicals are there that causes like these cancers?
Speaker 4: Lead mercury and a bunch of again other carcentergens. The biggest part about lead and mercury. As we know, like if lead and mercury aren't in any of the food items too much that we have we consume, it can cause us to have really really like bad health concerns.
Speaker 1: But those are just two of them.
Speaker 4: There's a bunch of PBBs and other VOCs like Tamika mentioned that literally caused cancer. They also help to induce other thyroid reactions as well too. Some people that have fibroids as well too, they see flare ups. I have so many friends, quite a few friends who are you know, they have all of these different you know, feminine issues that are you know, going on with their womb and with cysts, and it actually makes it that worse, right, because the thing about braids is it's not like you're taking it on and taking it off. I'm keeping this in for weeks at a time. My pores are open, right, So whatever chemical that you sweat hair, I'm sweating, it's open. Even coloring whatever, yes, color, Yes, it's color too, yeah, exactly, so it's color the hair come.
Speaker 1: From that we use for our braid in here.
Speaker 4: Please don't tell me, don't you know you know where I saw something somewhere like it's like terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So mostly most of where everything else in this country comes from is exactly.
Speaker 1: Where the braiding hair comes from.
Speaker 4: So most of the braiding hair is made in China but sold by Korean people.
Speaker 1: So like there's this like whole I don't even know if.
Speaker 4: Y'all, if y'all dig or peep and understand the hermes, I mean, hermez, they don't.
Speaker 1: The Chinese is feeling everything.
Speaker 4: They said, actually you can get this from us for twenty dollars two thousands, that's what they said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it showed you where is being made.
Speaker 4: Okay, there sitting across from each other, like it's crazy. So the Asian Empire is just like a crazy conglomerate. Like, so you got Chinese people, they own restaurants and all those things. We have Korean people right who are notoriously known for opening up beauty supply stores. They have trade agreements with China where they can if my manufacturer is selling it to me for a dollar, they're gonna sell it to them for opinion. So I'm paying, you know, one hundred percent more than what they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Sell it to their fellow Asian brethren, and people.
Speaker 3: Talking about we shouldn't be doing business with each other. And listen, we ain't got time. We don't got time to do.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna help you because my goal is this. If you ain't got this right, we're gonna fix it.
Speaker 1: That's right, We're gonna fix whatever you ain't right. I'm gonna fix it.
Speaker 2: Bring my money to look.
Speaker 3: Okay, you messed up this time, but look this, and once you show the need that you want to be better, I'm invest in that.
Speaker 2: And that's what we have to do as black people because that's what they do.
Speaker 3: And I don't know anybody who does not think that every other ethnic group does. That is crazy, just because they see each other as brother and sister. It's like if my little brother is doing something, because why am I not gonna invest in him, especially when I know he got the skill set and the will to do it. I'm going to bet on him more than I'm gonna make sure you get rich. I'm I'm making sure that I'm creating generational wealth. And and black people the only people that don't want to and tell you, oh, I ain't just doing it because you're black. I am I'm gonna do it because you're black, and I don't want you.
Speaker 2: To be confused. You black, you doing something and I need it. I'm going to you.
Speaker 3: I believe in it, just the be reality of the situation and we have and we don't have to be ashamed.
Speaker 2: To say that. Well.
Speaker 4: I think the other thing that's interesting, and I saw something earlier today was about nepotism, right, like in the sense of not just like familial but cultural nepotism. Like there's nothing wrong with putting other black people.
Speaker 2: I'm awful. That's why I want That's why I want to make sure that Lebron.
Speaker 4: Said, and I got opportunity and when my son want to play ball, you could play.
Speaker 1: Yes, but you need to be good when you get there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if you not, then but I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 1: The opportunity of opportunity.
Speaker 3: Because even the thing is this right, because people try to tell Bron he wasn't good, right, all right, It started out he was having he was going through the things, and he created his son. You're gonna be able to mess up a little bit. We ain't just throwing you up because I control this. I'm the face of this, and I.
Speaker 2: Say, my son's gonna get something.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna send him down to the other league, and we're gonna let you get Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get it.
Speaker 3: Look you listen, they're gonna talk crazy about you. That's will come with the game. But you're gonna have every opportunity. Now, if you fuck this up, it's on you because I'm giving you every and next to you know, he was going to forty and thirty and they was old, Ron, Nah, I don't say that, because that's what you're supposed to do to your son.
Speaker 2: That's what we're supposed to do with our kids. We gotta let them.
Speaker 3: I'm a soccer dad, So my son goes out there, he might have a bad quarter, bad game, and I'm like, don't worry about it. And I'm near every game, so the coach know that I'm here for my Sony, y'all gonna make sure that he get all the opportunities. I'm ana scream at the top of my lung. I'm a curse a the ref. I'm going to make him feel so comfortable to be able to be one hundred percent of hisself.
Speaker 2: And that's what we're supposed to do his parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're supposed to, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, so since we support you, tell us some more about your products.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: So now you you have this product here that and do people believe in you?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 4: Where do you think the click happened for folks starting to support and respect your work? So I think it was so funny enough. I conducted my clinical trials last year well before, and Princeton reached out to me directly. They found our brand and they were like, hey, we could help to test your hair to make sure it's hyperolergenic.
Speaker 1: I was always putting pressure on my manufacturer to.
Speaker 4: Be like, yo, like, we got to make sure we get testing, testing, testing for regulation, and so I decided to do that way ahead of when the Consumer Report just got released two months ago.
Speaker 1: Once the Consumer Report.
Speaker 4: Got released, people kind of are like, oh, well, I don't have an allergic reaction, so it doesn't matter now. Since that got released and it showed the breakdown of all of the top ten brands that has black women in a choke hoole and has had us in a choke hoal like expressions like shak and go like all of those brands. The exposure was there. So now people are like, no, I need to find an alternative. I have to find an alternative. So that was the really big peak for me. But the preparation is why we're able to do what we do, and while we were able to grow by eight hundred percent, right because I have the supply chain, I have the background. A lot of the other non toxic branding hair brands, they're all sold out of stop and they can't restop for months at a time. But I've already had great trade agreements with ups with my manufacturer to be able to produce and purchase orders once a week and to get in here. Question, so what is what is it going to be? The pushback? What are the hair braiders saying? So, like my the person who braids my hair, certain hair you she won't use right now, I don't she. I hope she knows. Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't. She says pretty cleaned, and she definitely tries to use quality of everything and all of that. But she I'm sure she could be educated as well on how we can do better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, So I'm.
Speaker 4: Sure I'm as soon as I called you gonna say what let me write it down? Let me see what you're talking about? Right, So I get that, but I'm sure there is there, there, there has been, and there always will be an excuse that we love white folks or anybody else folks stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love it. You've got to have so we'll.
Speaker 4: Say no, no, no, it doesn't work because it's splits and it doesn't do the thing right. And whatever is there? Have you heard some of that? Or you think that your product is just ready and there's no issue.
Speaker 1: No, no, there is a lot.
Speaker 4: There's a ton of braiders who I find myself having to educate and I've even created a community called the Braid Corner to give them more education about it because they would rather go purchase Expressions because they've been using Expressions for twenty years rather than trying a non toxic braiding hair brand that not only is this hair that they braiding in your hair causing you can't touching it all, you're touching it all day so you are now susceptible to those same things times.
Speaker 1: Ten because you're playing in the product all day long.
Speaker 4: Right, So for a lot of the braiders, right, what they do is they send their customers to come to us to purchase the hair directly, but we have a program where you only need to buy twelve in order to get thirty percent off, So it's not like it's super hard for you to do it. We're on other platforms where you can pay for your hair and your products that you need in net sixty terms without having you don't have to have stellar credit and you know, have a crazy trade line agreement because people don't want a lot of hair sitting around when they're working in a suite or they like because my braider every time I leave, she like, you want to take the left or right?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, no, man, no, not at all.
Speaker 4: And again it's a business acumen thing. So like I went to Hampton for undergrad and study business. The more and more i am speaking with braiders and I'm speaking with salnes, a lot of them just don't have the best business practices and understanding that every single product that you pay for is a part of your cost of good soul and so when you do throw that extra piece of hair away, you are literally throwing money away, right, So I think it's more so about educating people and then also right now they're putting the onus back onto the actual customers or the clients to get the hair, so that hair in your head is your hair, of course, yes, yes, okay, well I don't have to try your hair, so they a different type of technique or something that braiders need to be aware of when it comes to your hair to help them loop it around better, easier whatever.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, you.
Speaker 4: Can use our braiding hair just like you wild. You can hot water set it. Oh talk about hot water. Tell me about the dipping process, because we thought I thought that was really you know, making it good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, problematic, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It is, especially with the toxic braiding hair because you're admitting all of it.
Speaker 1: You ever see the water and it's super cloudy.
Speaker 4: That's a bunch of those chemicals coming off of the hair into the hot water. And so you can hot water set our braiding hair. You won't see white foam and all the stuff bubbling around because it's pre cleansed and pre treated already.
Speaker 1: Our hair is super soft. It's lightweight.
Speaker 4: You felt my hair already, and it's super like, it's super super soft. A little a lot, a little goes a long way. That's what I also say, is like our bundles are actually thicker and bigger than the regular braiding hair that's in the market.
Speaker 1: So really, if you want to get like medium not list, you can use two three bundle packs of our braiding hair.
Speaker 4: We also do have different lengths and colors too, so I thought it was super important for us to have a shorter length for you know, some of the kids as well as like sometimes you just don't want a bunch of long braids, you know. The knotless bob was a thing that has been trending, right, so like getting a shorter length. And then we do have our twenty eight inches which is our three bundle packs, and we have our thirty two inches, so I have our thirty two inches because I wanted it longer.
Speaker 1: What's the price point difference?
Speaker 4: So our three bundle pack is thirty dollars right now and our single packs are thirteen. So that's why it just makes sense to get too three bundle packs and you're good to go.
Speaker 1: Good, But what you got, oh you're going to ask.
Speaker 3: So being a black entrepreneur and working and having to sell you know, your products online and in different spaces, how is do you affecting you? Do you feel like it's affecting you? Do you feel like it's necessary.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that I've been able to be the product of twenty plus accelerated programs that were created and curated for black entrepreneurs. So me being a part of those programs, just like you mentioned earlier for Royal Williams Black Ambition, I was the HBCU Grand Prize winner. If there was not funding being poured into the foundation like Black Ambition, then there would not be opportunity for me to have money and capital to start and grow my business. Right, So for me right now, I think I'm on the other end of it, not looking to receive a bunch of grants to get started, because we are doing well as far as revenue is concerned. But now it's like me pouring back into our community, right and so giving back to the community, employing other people that are within our community, in my retail store, in my actual braiding salon in Philly, like being able to do those things. And so I think that the other part that the D and I issue I feel like and I come from corporate too, so I worked at a really big management consulting firm and I was a part of the DR program because again I'm the HBCU grad and recruit. Oh you mean to tell me that you, as a black person, were in a dr program because you know, if you let the internet tell it, black people didn't get nothing from it, just all white women and that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, So me as a black woman was a part of a really really good program that filtered in from HBCU students. So they go to the Hamptons, the Howards, the more houses, and they picked the best of the best there to start.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 4: That was the That was the We've been trying to tell people that we got to choose one thing or the other. We're saying that it didn't benefit black folks, but then we're saying we've got to support the black businesses that are being impacted by either either it either was impacted or it wasn't exactly and it was though, right because I think the other part is it we just talked about it, right, nepotism in a sense, right, but in a good way, right, Like, Hey, if we are disadvantaged people, and it's just like when you apply for a grant, if you are from a disadvantaged community, a marginalized community.
Speaker 1: It's a part of me you can check that bot off.
Speaker 4: That means that I do need a leg up in order to get and have some sort of equal way for the counterpart to. All their dads are partners at the firm and they didn't even really have to apply, So yes, we need those programs. I think it's super important for all of the larger companies and firms to still have all of those recruitment programs. And the former job that I actually left, they actually just announced that they were stopping their DEI recruitment programs. So now I'm interested to see what consulting is going to look like, because if it's all going to be whitewashed, or I'm only recruited from all of the top schools that have all the legs up, there's no diversity in thought and in those rooms and all of the other really cool things that y'all need to provide to these clients that you're all making billions off of. You're not going to have the opportunity to have those people in the rooms.
Speaker 1: Now, well, honey, let the church.
Speaker 2: You said it.
Speaker 1: Let the church say amen, Amen, and we appreciate you.
Speaker 4: You are extremely knowledgeable, beautiful your product. I'm going to start using and talking about I can't wait to put it on my socials and tell the sisters. We leaving the other people and we go in to a black woman. There's nothing wrong with that. And I don't have space, but I will find space to stockpile my braiding here so I can bring it with me whenever I go to get my hair braided. And you know, Kadiza listening to you speaking on the diversity and he was the one who said, we have to ask about diversity, and I was like, well, maybe she doesn't want to talk about that, but to know that you actually have history and personal experience makes it so much better because you said something that is so key. You said because I was a part part of programs that were created in the name of diversity, equity and inclusion. I was able to get funding so that I could build and now I am taking what I was able to accomplish and help and helping other people.
Speaker 1: That has always been the.
Speaker 4: Reason why diversity and equity and inclusion was established. That was why some of these companies were forced to do it because people.
Speaker 1: Called them out on not having it.
Speaker 4: And yes, it's been infiltrated by white women in this group and we get that always happened.
Speaker 1: They wear corn rolls.
Speaker 4: You're trying to act like Kim Kardashian at some point started it. Okay, so we know, we know, we know that it's always infiltrated. What we should be asking for and what we should be demanding, is that you don't change.
Speaker 1: You don't take back diversity, equity, and inclusion. You make it better, you make it stronger, you.
Speaker 4: Add more elements to it to ensure that it impacts the most vulnerable populations. But some of us are so crazy and we get caught up in I don't even know whatever whatever they learned on the podcast somewhere that you know, a YouTube that we don't need it, We don't need it. So now what you're because you said the nothing, I want to correct that you said.
Speaker 1: You said, we don't know. We're interested to see what's gonna look like.
Speaker 4: It's going to look like how it looked before, and how it looked before was white men were the leaders and made all had all the money, and the white women were their assistance, and black.
Speaker 1: People worked in the kitchen, worked in.
Speaker 4: You know, driver maybe and had these little jobs, which is why they want immigrants to be moved because if you have immigrants who are filling up some of those spaces of doing a lot of the hard work, the labor work, and then you have more black people becoming more educated and entrepreneurs. Now you got to deal with us on a level, and the immigrant into becoming a larger population. They're growing, they're having more children.
Speaker 1: So now you got to you.
Speaker 4: What happens is white folks are being called to the table that you can't have all of this pie for yourself. So they said, we got to readjust this thing so we can make America great again. Don't play with us like we don't know what's going on. We should be fighting for not just diversity, equity and inclusion.
Speaker 1: We want plus plus plus plus plum. Yes, so there's that. Okay, I don't have anything else to say. Thank you for coming to my ted talk.
Speaker 2: Yes, definitely, thank you for being here. Great. We appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I appreciate you for having me.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. Anything that we left out that you need to say, how do people get it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: So you guys can purchase our products directly on DOSO Beauty dot com.
Speaker 1: That's d O S S O B E A U t y.
Speaker 4: We are a top seller on Amazon as well too, and you can find us on socials at do So Beauty. And then if you're in Philly, stop by our store or we have the doc Beauty Experience, which is the luxury hair breeding salon and also retail story as well too.
Speaker 1: Well there's that we need some product, yes, and some stuff. I got something for you too.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not listen because I don't get no raids, but I.
Speaker 1: Got some stuff for you all right now.
Speaker 4: My songs like whatever they say.
Speaker 1: And then I got some of our top selling whip shade. Look at.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 1: My customers will not let me stop. It's just correct.
Speaker 4: I have skin, skin, so it's for the skin, skin, hair, body face like that.
Speaker 2: I got something.
Speaker 1: I got something. I got our hair hair oil.
Speaker 2: You got little self.
Speaker 1: Okay, you got stopp y'all. We love gifts up here.
Speaker 2: Now they bringing gifts. This is what I'm talking about. You can come anytime, y'all giving me the space.
Speaker 1: I got to give y'all something.
Speaker 2: And welcome.
Speaker 4: We appreciate, Welcome to come back. Welcome to you is our social media bring more gifts. If you need to post something, if you're doing a promo. Well, we say we want to help. What we mean is that how whatever resource we have, we want to offer it to you. So don't be hesitant to say, hey, can you guys post this thing or can you talk about it? Because I want to be able to say this is do soo my head.
Speaker 1: Yes, I got you. Yeah, no, I would definitely, and I pay the stuff. I don't need free product. Thank you, thank you for the person.
Speaker 2: I'm broke. So you know what I'm saying, I might give me.
Speaker 1: No, don't plan. You're under resource.
Speaker 3: Then you want under resource, so I might need a discount about Thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, Thank you much love.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it all right. So now you get a bag and everybody gets a bag.
Speaker 3: That's a lot. It's a lot, especially when you but the way you about your head. I ain't never seen nobody. And you got braids in right now, so that is crazy.
Speaker 2: But good thing. She gave you a few bundles and you were gonna best right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean I'm in.
Speaker 2: Got to invest because it's about health. You know what I'm saying. You want to look right, but it got to be healthy.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I didn't even understand. I mean not to understand.
Speaker 3: I didn't even realize the way that she was saying that cancerous chemicals are inside head, how they get transferred and the sweating and the paws and even the people that's braiding like that was that was a deep, really deep conversation. We just don't understand how our health is being impacted by everything. Like right, it's at some point you I see where you get this German fold because once they start telling you this and now you're gonna be like, no, you can't do this here, like they don't they know. Oh my god, I don't even know what they did with you, because that's a whole nother thing that you're gonna be super super crazy about.
Speaker 2: Now it's head. We gotta find out. You're gonna be reading the.
Speaker 1: Ingredients and.
Speaker 4: Carl Jennison's she said that they can put anything on the label and there's nobody that's actually terrifying this stuff because that.
Speaker 2: You get tested. She said, you gotta get your stuff tested.
Speaker 1: Well, I trust hers Doso.
Speaker 2: Beauty. Yes, got me a little skin cream, you know what, I.
Speaker 3: Gotta some stuff, man, she comes bere and give she with me man, so well that brings me to my I don't get it today, and it's it's pretty much on target with a lot of the stuff we've been talking about today. You know, we are in very serious times and I just don't understand why people don't realize that.
Speaker 2: Right when we look at.
Speaker 3: Trump and shout out to Jolly, you know last week's show, and he was talking about how serious and it's not games, not fear mongering, how this is really happening. Right, And I'm I'm a person that likes to study history, and I've been looking at fascism, and I've been looking at dictatorship, and I've been looking at how these authoritarian governments were actually established. Right, So because when people were saying that, to me, what is fashion?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? What does dictator? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: And then you look at the Hitler regime, right, you look at the Nazis and what they did and how they had a very clear strategy that Trump is sharing.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: They made people lose faith in government, right, they said, this government is not doing this for you, and I.
Speaker 2: Can do it. And he made you feel like he was the person that was able to save you. Right.
Speaker 3: He focused on the Germans and said, look, this is what the Jews are doing, right, and we need to fight back. They're doing this to you. These who are invading our country. These people are doing these These people are the enemy, and I'm praying for the little guy and I'm gonna make Germany greater. Like these are the same phrases that he used, you know, And what starts happening is those who don't feel like they're impacted or think it's just fear. Migrant is just government, it's the regular thing, you know, whatever.
Speaker 2: They just they're black.
Speaker 3: People that're just like, this is nothing happening, and they just kidnapping people off the streets. Like two days ago, I'm watching a little girl in handcuffs. Right as Ice comes to elementary schools. They're literally arresting people with no charges and shipping them to El Salvado to pretty much concentrate.
Speaker 4: Whatever they got some places here where they're keeping them and detaining entertain them.
Speaker 2: And they have no charge.
Speaker 3: Like, people don't understand how seriousness is when when you can look at when the president is looking at the Constitution and telling the Supreme Court, I don't have to follow you, right, and they made a decision that they're not even gonna follow the law. There's no checks and balances. That is supreme rule. That means that the people have no say over how the government is being rtten. This is exactly what Hitler did. He completely disenfranchised, He eliminated anything that would give a check and balance of what he was doing. And this is what Trump is doing. So as we look at this situation, I remember in the movie Origin that Avid I think she released it.
Speaker 2: Did she direct the movie?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, it's her movie, and it was it was it broke down how racism and casts go hand in hand, right, and how in the cast.
Speaker 3: System is what they did to villainize an enslave and commit genocide against the.
Speaker 2: Jewish people in Germany.
Speaker 3: And there's one scene where it's in the bathroom and there's there's a couple, you know, the man is a German, I think he might have been soldier and a woman is.
Speaker 2: A Jewish woman who could pass, who could pass.
Speaker 3: You know, and she's in the bathroom and people are walking in to the bathroom saying, hey, are they rounding up Jewish people?
Speaker 2: I think they're around up Jewish people. And then people are.
Speaker 4: Just because the women are like in there.
Speaker 3: But this young lady, she she was aware because she had been paying attention, you know. I think because a man was a German. I think he was a German soldier and he was pretty much trying to protect her and made her aware was going on. So when she heard that she was she was looking around like what But there were so many people who were just oblivious, like this is not And then and then later on you see these same people in concentration camps, and I think it was to tell you how we are not really identifying the seriousness of this moment. I think that people are just they And then you have these social media bots and you have people that say, oh you you people just fear mongering. It's nothing, No, there is something going on. When people can be kidnapped, When when when the president can sit in the White House with the president of another country.
Speaker 2: That human rights abuses and.
Speaker 3: Then tells you, hey, nobody's going to send him back. He's not going back. The courts are saying, of course, and you and he's looking at hey, it's nothing I could do. And they just playing this game in front of the American people's face, like I don't care about what y'all think, I don't care about this man and his family. I don't care that we sent the wrong man to a foreign country as a criminal that wasn't a criminal.
Speaker 1: I don't care that they have improved.
Speaker 2: Level of due process.
Speaker 3: The fact that you can you can look at somebody and say they have a tattoo and you can call them a criminal based.
Speaker 2: Off that, it's crazy to me. It's it's just unrealistic to me.
Speaker 3: And the fact that we are not taking it serious enough and we're watching the fall of democracy, that any sense pseudo democracs, any sense of what democracy look like, it's actually falling by the waistline. And there are people who are just saying, ain't nothing happening to me? Is just it's just regular, and that's what they support. That's what they want you to think. They want you to think it's just regular and everything. You know, you've been sold for cheap. Today they just announced how now people are gonna have to start paying back these loans and they're gonna start garnishing wages, you know, because now the school loans.
Speaker 4: Oh, you got some people, some of your friends that love that. They don't want nobody else to have nothing they don't get but that's crazy.
Speaker 3: So that means the mind state for me is that you're willing to burn down the country and burn down everything because one of two things you don't like, like you're gonna give you would give the rings to somebody that said I'm going to go in and slaughter everybody because you like that the pipes in the building is not good.
Speaker 2: And super super and then fixed the pipes.
Speaker 3: So you said we're gonna burn the building now, like it just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: Why were we not?
Speaker 4: But it's not even burning the building down because they're not trying to really burn the building down.
Speaker 1: They're just trying to.
Speaker 4: Strip it so that they can take over the building and have a hierarchy that.
Speaker 1: You might be able to live in the basement.
Speaker 4: No I know, but I'm saying they're not even they think that they are part of Oh, they're burning it down, We're gonna have to.
Speaker 1: Recreate and rebuild.
Speaker 4: That's not what's happening. What they're doing is burning you out of your party. And maybe you could stay in the basement if you're willing to clean the building. Because they're moving in with their strategies and what they call making America great again.
Speaker 1: And I will say this and and and and really you've.
Speaker 4: Said so much that's so powerful, mice so powerful, and it just makes me so proud to really see how much like you get it right. But a lot of times people like the bully because either they were bullied or they they were a bully. But that was on the college campus maybe, or the high school school yard, maybe in elementary school. Now we're talking about a nation that you like, you attracted to Donald Trump being this bully because you feel like this is what makes you feel better about whoever knocked.
Speaker 1: You over your head when you were a child. And this is real serious stuff.
Speaker 4: And I laugh all the time that black people still gonna do our boots on the ground dance. We're gonna learn how to do it. I'm still trying to learn how to do it. And you know, we gonna still find ways to have joy. And I don't want to take that away from anybody. But it's really not funny. It's really not funny because those women that were in that bathroom, most of them were not Jewish, they were most of those women were actually German. There was only probably one or two in this particular woman she was ended up being killed than a firing squad, with her children and her German husband who tried to protect her.
Speaker 1: And so she's in there and she hears them talking and she.
Speaker 4: Never reveals herself, but she knows that, oh shit, something's happening. But those women were out there dancing and partying, and they were in the bathroom freshening up. They were in their version of the Boots on the Ground dance. They was in there doing one two step. You know, we having a good time. So while everybody is saying, hey, are they rounding up the Jews? Are they getting ready to put people in concentration camps and kill the's a get a phone that we in here just enjoying ourselves.
Speaker 1: And when we look around, what they do to one, they will do to the other.
Speaker 4: Because when they say they hate a group of people, they don't say it, but they show it. They don't like the immigrants. Don't you worry, It's coming around the corner for you. It's coming around right now. They are not even telling you the numbers in terms of the black folks who have been fired from their federal jobs.
Speaker 1: They're not even telling you the numbers.
Speaker 4: And we have been disproportionately impacted by the loss of weight work.
Speaker 1: If you don't believe me, just as the heads of.
Speaker 4: All the labor unions who are now trying to fight some and suing doing lawsuits, the Legal Defense Fund and others who are pushing back to try to get these folks back to work. I mean, boots on the ground if you want. And I'm not telling you not to do it, because I'm a learning but.
Speaker 2: Just know, just know it's gonna be in your ass and yours.
Speaker 4: They got it in our hair. They trying to kill us. We better pay attention. And okay, let me be quiet, because I was about to say a conspiracy theory that might get me in trouble. But I tell you what, we better be careful what people are trading back over here from all around the world once they get mad, because we don't know we already they put it. The toxins is going in our hair, and that is not something that I don't want to spread a conspiracy on that. But I'm just telling you while we're pissing people off.
Speaker 3: Warn't there's no way that you can be successful when you don't have allies. When you've made your allies, your enemies. Right, when people don't trust you, it's just unreal. When no country trusts you because you haven't proven you have proven that you're untrustworthy, that you will say anything and do something different. Right when people see that, then there's no trust in you. So what happens is all of these people that our enemies start joining against you and they trying to figure out how do we eliminate you.
Speaker 2: And when they talk about you, we talked about us because we live here.
Speaker 3: So I don't know how much y'all understand where we are the situation that we're in, but you better start paying attention. And with that said, it's the end of another episode. We appreciate y'all. TMI is the number one podcast in the world at TMI, show PC on YouTube at TMI Underscore a show on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna always be right, Tamika the marriage and I can.
Speaker 3: Always be wrong, but we will both always and I mean always, be authentic.
Speaker 2: That's how we