Speaker 1: Hey, that folks. It is Friday, December nineteenth, six days to Christmas, but legit, you probably only got five days to really get it together. And boy, do we have a gift today for you that will work and that will get there on time. With that, Welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. This is one I think I enjoy it more when it's not in use.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense, yes, because it looks nice, gorgeous where you can actually display this gift, which is, by the way, our final gift. We had three straight weeks Monday through Friday where we have so you can go back and look if you want to look at the other gift ideas we had. I can't guarantee those are all going to be available by Christmas Day, but it's worth a shot.
Speaker 3: But we know this one is.
Speaker 1: And it is really well reviewed. What we have for you today, folks, it is board games, classic board games with a twist. It is called the Vintage Bookshelf Board Game Collection and the simplest way to put it. From this company, It's a company called WS Game Company, and they design upscale, collectible editions of the world's most iconic games, capturing their heritage while transforming them into decor pieces meant to be displayed and enjoyed for generations. That is the official way to put it. But when you look at it, roll if they look like leather bound legal books that would go on any diction excuse me, any shelf, book shelf, and anywhere.
Speaker 3: They're really well done.
Speaker 2: They're nice, large and thick, so it looks like you've got these beautiful bound books meant for a beautiful library, which we just so happened to luckily have. Our podcasting room is actually a library transformed into a podcast room, so we have them sitting on one of our shelves and they look like they're beautifully designed and nice pops of color. You know, it's always nice on a bookshelf to have a pop of color.
Speaker 3: And please provide that.
Speaker 1: The prettiest thing we have on our shelf right now. Seriously, and folks, you will be seeing these in the background of our shot you stand by. There's going to be some video components coming with this podcast soon, but this will be on the shelf for sure because it looks good. The Vintage Bookshelf Board Game Collection they call a beautifully designed trio of classic board games. The one we have at least Battleship, Checkers, and Backgammon, and then Trivial Pursuit. Each house in an elegant, fabric wrapped book box that looks just as good on your shelf as it does on game night. Which of those I knew family members and whatnot that had Backgammon, but I never really played it. But what about you on these games? Did you play them?
Speaker 2: So? I never played Backgammon, but Battleship with my brother one hundred percent, Checkers all the time, and Trivial Pursuit. We were obsessed with that as a family. I would go over to my grandmother's house actually with cousins, aunts, uncles, and we would go crazy for Trivial Pursuit.
Speaker 1: And they call these a combination of nostalgia and modern craftsmanship and they are really cool. Look and now the one we have is a three game set that included Battleship and then Checkers and Backgammon were together in one and then Trivial Pursuit was in another. They also do ropes, Scrabble, Monopoly, Clue, Yah, see go for candy, lamp jinga, Guess who trouble.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, those were all the games of my childhood.
Speaker 1: So you can get all these games, folks, and everybody has a game, it's usually a closet. And then the top of that closet you throw your board games right and it.
Speaker 2: Gets all messy and the tops of the board game get all destroyed for whatever reason, they get crushed and from all the use of.
Speaker 3: Pulling them out.
Speaker 2: So this is a very cool way to house and display your games. Of those games, I think Monopoly probably was the most iconic in my house. My brother and I would have weeks long games. But Scrabble, I mean clue trouble when you'd pop that little pop pop remember can.
Speaker 3: I loved that.
Speaker 1: I like Candyland Connect four. Monopoly took too much time.
Speaker 3: I'm playing weeks long games.
Speaker 2: And there was a famous There was a famous episode where I had to get my mom involved because Eric almost always won, and in this rare occasion, I was clearly creaming him. There was no way he was going to be able to catch up. And so he looked at me. When he had that realization, flipped the board. The board flipped it and I burst into tears, and so I had to have my mom come down and declare he goes you didn't win because the game wasn't finished. That's what he was saying to me. My mom had to come downstairs and say Amy officially won.
Speaker 3: That was the only way I cal him down.
Speaker 1: It's like peeling an onion with his family of yours. All that reads for Eric, for you, for mom. It all makes perfect sense.
Speaker 2: A true story, and it's so funny you think about your childhood, what you remember.
Speaker 3: That is such a specific traumatic memory for me. But I still love Monopoly.
Speaker 1: Oh there it is again, folks, whatever you like. If you want to seriously to stock your your game collection, your board game collection, this is the first place I would send you. I love it now, don't get me wrong. There are I will speak at least on the checkers and backgammon. The board at least is folds into four pieces. You have to unfold it, so that could be a little annoyed. Don't know how long it will last. It seemed like after so much use that might But other than that that you should absolutely you know. How often do you play a board game anyway?
Speaker 3: Hardly?
Speaker 2: Ever, Now I think the truth is Sadly, I do think this is sad because we have phones. In fact, analys was coming back from a group party she was at the other night. She's like, I have the best game for us to play when we're all together at Christmas. But it involves being on your phone. She even said that, Yeah, first question, is it on your phone? I phone for this because they want to do it all the time. What's the one they always have to connect?
Speaker 3: Yes, I forgot what it's called. But everyone likes it.
Speaker 2: So now that's obviously what kids these days do.
Speaker 3: But it is fun to pull out a board game.
Speaker 1: But so to that point, we don't do it often. No body. We pokest on your play board game once a week. So that means they need to be stored somewhere. And if you have them in such a package, that can be stored anywhere. And it's beautiful, and I promise you if you leave this out, there will be more board game playing.
Speaker 2: That's a really good point, because you forget what you have in the closet on the top shelf. I actually we bought a bunch of board games a year or two ago. We were going to bring them with us when we went on like an airbnb house. We forgot them because they were out of sight, out of mind. And so you don't think about playing them. You just think, Okay, what's on Netflix tonight or some you don't consider doing that because you don't see them this way. They're they're fresh in your mind because they're in your face.
Speaker 3: They're displayed.
Speaker 1: And I have and I'm going to show this to you Rod and let you react to it as we're sitting here. But the ones we have, we have red, purple and is that gray? Are the colors of our ya, red purple us. But they all those other games and look at how it comes up.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, god, so pretty. So they have a whole set and it literally is a rainbow. It goes from red to pink, to peach to yellow to like gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Shades of blue and green. Yeah, this is so pretty when you buy them all together like that. Wow, how much does that cost?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to get into that. And you know what, I will tell you. I'm not to a point where I think it's too much yet. But the games, let me get back here. The reviews. I had a hard time finding reviews initially, but I was able to track them down ropes and the reviews, I will have you know, there was not they're not many, but of the reviews, there was not a single one that's a one star or a two star. Only forty six that were on the Amazon websites, so not a lot. But they all say the exact same thing about this game. They all love it. Everybody loves them.
Speaker 3: No regrets from purchasers.
Speaker 1: Eighty nine percent were five stars.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's that's huge. That might be the highest five star percentage in any of our gifts.
Speaker 1: Seeing it's a small sample, the only about fifty people that chimed in. I'm not gonna go and read the review. Just their titles, great quality and conversation piece. I need them all. Wow, love these our favorites. Beautiful to look at, worth it just yes, great, you get the idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we talked about this earlier.
Speaker 2: I have always been of the belief you have to be really passionate and moved in one way or the other to take the time to write a review. And usually people get moved when they're angry or there's a problem, when there's something they don't like and they want to warn other people from buy it. So to have that high of a percentage of people who felt compelled to go on too Amazon and write a positive review.
Speaker 3: I think speaks volumes.
Speaker 1: And I will mention we're gonna get into the price here in a second, but you can get an individual one, just one game. They do them in sets of three, and you can buy the entire twenty two game set if you want, if you have a bookshelf in places to put it, So stay here. We'll get into how much this thing cost, when you can get it, and where you can get it. Stay here.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everyone, as we wrap up. See what I did there, We wrap up our holiday gift guide. I just did that for you because I know how much you love my puns. We are a gift number fifteen, and we might have saved the best for last at this point, especially when it comes to the reviews and how we feel about these gifts because we are using them even though we're not playing the games. We haven't played a game yet, but we have been looking at these gorgeous bookshelf vintage board games. They have packaged them so well, and it invites you to play in a way that it just doesn't when you have them stored messily on the top of your closet or a drawer.
Speaker 1: Do we store it in the case like this, so it looks like as an individual, it looks like a thick, almost legal book. It's gorgeous, but it comes in this what do you call this, it's tasting a box a little Yeah, it's a book.
Speaker 3: Box, a bookcasing.
Speaker 1: Maybe a bookcasing, yeah, that you can slide it into. How do you store it? Do you do it this way?
Speaker 3: Or do you do you could? Or turn it around? Let me see what that like.
Speaker 2: Even doing it like that, even you have options. You can you can actually turn it around in the box and it still looks gorgeous, or you can take it out of the box altogether and just have it stored like a regular library book.
Speaker 1: I would almost recommend this with schools, like this is a way to storm in classrooms that you can still pull them out and you can put them all in one comepack thing and maybe pieces aren't going towhere. I absolutely do love this gift. I wasn't sure what exactly it was when we first got it, but once we research and looked into it, now it's the one we have. The set of three costs a pretty pitty I guess right, one.
Speaker 3: Hundred and forty bucks it's not cheap.
Speaker 1: It's not cheap. I would absolutely say it's worth it. You can do it individually, and they're forty seven bucks, so you get a little bit of a discount if you do it that way. The whole set of twenty two is like six hundred and fifty bucks. Is that what you were just saying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, six hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 1: If you wanted to get them all again, that sounds like that. One is a collection of fifteen excuse me, you would get fifteen books for six hundred and fifty bucks. So give's your idea. But I don't think it's out of reach. Yes, if you want to go buy Candyland or Connect four, it'll cost you fifteen dollars. Maybe if you go to Target whatever that is. Yes, this is more expensive. This is a better version given how we use board games.
Speaker 2: I agree, And you know, like I appreciate what one of the reviewers said that it was a conversation piece. So people come into your home where they see your shelves and they say what are these and you start talking about something fun. You're not talking about politics or gossip. You're actually having a fun, nostalgic conversation. About the childhood games that brought you joy that can continue to do so in adulthood.
Speaker 3: And I did the math.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you get the set of fifteen, that makes the books forty three dollars a piece, so you do get a little bit of a savings buying it in bulk Bsickly.
Speaker 1: When you see them, there is no way you think it's a board game. This is done well. Rats whoever this is. WS is the name of the company, but it is done so well. You can get these on Amazon also. The company WS is what it's called WS Game Company, WS Game Company. They do have a website. You can get it through Amazon as well. I checked ropes. We could get this delivered to us through Amazon today. That's remarkable that was availability. Certainly could get it tomorrow. But I put in my parents address as well, and sure not, they could get it to them in the next couple of days. So it sounds like no matter where you are, you can still get this by Christmas.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: And I think especially for people who are at a certain age like our generation, these are the board games of our childhood. So it would speak a lot to folks who are of a certain age, because we just I don't know how excited our kids would be about getting a trivial pursuit. But in that packaging, I think, yes, well, adult children now who have apartments to decorate, they might really appreciate this. But I would, genuinely, Babe, I would like to play revial Pursuit this weekend with the kids.
Speaker 3: I think it would be so much fun.
Speaker 2: We haven't sat down, and actually, I know you're not a huge board game person, but.
Speaker 3: Maybe you would participate.
Speaker 1: No, Look, it's it's the college football playoff this week, and I think you're asking a lot of your mate folks. Clearly we're excited about this one. We appreciate and hope. I think maybe some people bought some of these things to that's true.
Speaker 2: Yes, there were some cautionary gifts or just with an asterisk maybe next to it, but they were all great gifts thanks to our iHeart producers who picked these all out for us to try out and give to you. We've told you throughout the all the episodes we didn't get paid by any of these companies. We were lucky enough to receive these gifts so we actually get to keep them and use them so that is part of the tradeoff I guess of reviewing this, But we gave our honest opinions about what we thought about these gifts, from how they look, how they feel, how they're used, to the price point themselves, but also just the reviews I think are so helpful.
Speaker 1: I think we were. I think we almost endorsed every single item to a certain degree. We gave some caution every tales and something you had actually used, and gave your warnings and your experience. And that's fine, and it's okay for everybody. But fifteen gifts, what was your favorite? Do you remember?
Speaker 2: I think of the ones we received, I think the Marshall speaker might be the best gift of them all.
Speaker 3: It's going to get used every day.
Speaker 1: How many have we bought for the kids?
Speaker 3: Well, we bought.
Speaker 2: We bought the toothbrushes for the kids because I did like that toothbrush a lot.
Speaker 3: And brick, the charging brick, the charging brick.
Speaker 1: So we actually got things off our own list.
Speaker 2: We went out and got items for our kids based on these gifts we were given to try out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's the best thing. Your voice got low. We're in here. We got kids in the house. And sleep in the next room were whispering about their gifts.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so funny.
Speaker 2: You just automatically you do, don't, Yeah, you don't even I didn't even realize what I was doing.
Speaker 1: Well, folks, wherever you may be, and however your Christmas shopping is going, hopefully these could possibly possibly have helped you out. But we appreciate you coming along with us on this Christmas journey as well. But for now I am T. J. Holmes On behalf of my dear Amy Robot. We will talk to Yelson