Speaker 1: Start Up, dot Up, Start Up, Brooklyn Boys, Start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start Up, Up Up.
Speaker 2: They making Noise Up, start Up Up, udt ut.
Speaker 1: Up Episode three thirty three. It's the Brooklyn Boys Podcast. These are things like just yesterday we did two to two and one one. Is this your angel numbers? You have angel numbers?
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know in the.
Speaker 1: Three numbers, it's an insuccession number. You know me with that, you don't like it. A lot of people have angel numbers of four four four. We've talked about this before.
Speaker 3: You're still gonna die at some point in your life.
Speaker 1: You don't people have no People actually wear changing around their neck with like you know, seven seven seven or eight eight eight. But the four four fours and the eight eight eight are a lot of angel numbers for some people. You're you're looking at men have five heads.
Speaker 3: Whatever makes you happy? You still you're still just as likely to get sick and be in plane crash like whatever.
Speaker 2: Thanks, whatever makes you happy, you.
Speaker 3: Know, listen, I'm I'm talking will not one to believe. I'm not one to believe that things affect other things.
Speaker 2: I just really not. I'm a little bit like that, though I'm a little superstitious, A little bit. I don't know, are you very superstitious Stevie wonder? I know, No, I just.
Speaker 1: I always look at things that you know me like did you ever like you have a crumple up a piece of paper and try and uh throw it into the waste paper basket from across the room, and say, if I make this shot, then this is gonna happen.
Speaker 3: No, I do it all the time, like, yeah, how's that working out? Like you probably haven't hit a shot in five years.
Speaker 1: Look, if I make this shot, yeah, then I'm gonna come into some money next year. You know that kind of masturbate with a dollar bill. Yeah, of course, yeah, come into some money. That's an old one. Yeah. You know, I don't believe not of stuff like that. But you know, you don't do that to yourself. You don't like psych yourself into things like say, what were you? You know you basically you set up you set up like an obstacle course or something, a challenge for yourself, and if you can make the challenge happen, then whatever you wish for comes true.
Speaker 3: No, who's granted me that wish? Because I got to the top of the steps before my dog did.
Speaker 1: Right there you go, or if you could like walked across, if that ship worked, we'd all be rich and live forever.
Speaker 2: But we don't, and we aren't.
Speaker 1: But sometimes it's like a it's like a hope and a dream. I I you know, I blame Disney fan to play the lottery. It means a dollar in a dream. I blame Disney for this because it's all about if you think about of course, if you everything in Disney is about the.
Speaker 2: Cartoons, dude.
Speaker 1: But but Disney, I know the concept of Disney, of going to Disney is is hopes and dreams.
Speaker 2: And you've seen every Disney movie.
Speaker 3: Your parents have to die miserably first before anything can happen.
Speaker 2: There a single parent.
Speaker 3: Every almost every Disney movie, you're a child of a single parent because one of them got killed or something.
Speaker 2: I know, Bambie, Oh awful.
Speaker 3: Nemo, the father is captured or whatever happens Bamby, Yeah.
Speaker 1: The terrible shit happened? Lime King, where's the father? And toy story doesn't exist? Well, they're trying to My god, you have to crush everything.
Speaker 2: You're dashing. You're dashing my hopes and dreams. But like you're taught that.
Speaker 1: Kids are taught this growing up about it's it's the magic of Disney.
Speaker 2: Everything's magical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Disney is magical, Yes, but it doesn't. Yeah, Okay, the lines are still long, so listen miss the question.
Speaker 2: You're an angry bassador. No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm cynical, and I believe it. I believe in I believe, but I believe in things that can be proven.
Speaker 2: That's why. That's why I love you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so let me ask you the inverse, because this happened yesterday on social media. Some people believe that you can will good things to happen, or you know, good people get good things whatever yesterday or the day before, and police slices. I don't want negativity in the talk back, and you guys would, and you guys are all cool. The story came out that little little nas X that the right side of his face he can't move the right side of his face. Yeah, terrible thing. And some people, you know, their internet doctors. I bet he had a stroke. I bet he has Bell's palsy. I bet he had had a drug reaction. Everybody knows exactly. But then there were those people I feel like religion of any kind should make you compassionate, right and not judge people. They're all like, well, he got what he deserved what a lot of yes, well he did.
Speaker 2: He did terrible things.
Speaker 3: He blasphemed Satan and God and I don't know his videos.
Speaker 2: He deserves this. I I feel like that's not for us to say.
Speaker 3: And I also don't think that you have a stroke or Bell's Paul's because you did uh a weird music video.
Speaker 1: So you do not believe in karma, is what you're saying, because everyone says karma is a bit.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you why, because lots of good people have strokes and they'll have bells ballsy right, lots of good people absolutely cancer people. It happens to everybody that don't nothing, who does, people that did nothing wrong, people that not deserve this.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 3: People don't focus on that. They don't focus on childhood cancer. They just go, oh, oh he did he did a video I don't like that made God look bad.
Speaker 1: That's why he got. Karma's a bitch. Yeah, everyone says that. That's like the catch phrase of our lifetime. Oh he's got what it was coming to him, right, the foos fuck around, Yeah, funk around and find out if he's found out.
Speaker 3: But then when somebody like becomes rich, they're like, oh, fuck him, I hate him. He's a billionaire. Fuck him, I hate him.
Speaker 2: But what about what if karma was good to him?
Speaker 1: Like, you can't pick and shoes, you have to you know, a lot of people say that if you're an evil individual and you're you, you are no good, and you have a lifetime of wrongdoing, you will eventually get yours. A lot of people believe, let's be honest, how many evil people live great lives? How many evil people are millionaires? And I'm just I'm saying they're very wealthy. Uh, they murder people.
Speaker 2: They're in charge of country, never have it coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they live to be a Listen, there's communist nations in the history of a world where the leaders of those countries oppress their people, killed them, tortured them, and they died rich and powerful.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So, I don't know about the karma thing. If karma was a bitch, there'd be a lot more bitching going on. I can think of a lot of people who need some karma and they don't get it.
Speaker 1: So the karma, Well what about the josh one in one said instant karma is gonna get you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think if you if you're a dick to Lil nas X, that calmer should get you. Like, wouldn't it be the ultimate irony if people who made fun of Lil nas X for having let's say a stroke had a stroke like good people people think they're good people, then what would be the excuse? Well, I didn't I didn't make a video about God, So why did I get a stroke?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well maybe because you made fun of the guy who did. I don't know, and the thought I think you know.
Speaker 1: But this goes back to can we bring it back to the hopes and dreams and dream holts and dreams.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have.
Speaker 1: Something to look whatever gets you through the day, slic You gotta have something to look forward to or something that can get you out of where you're at. Like scary if you look at a clock and it says it's twelve thirty four and you're like one two three four and it makes you smile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, God, bless you dude.
Speaker 1: Every time I you know, we've talked about it on this podcast before. Every time I see if I look at the clock and it's eleven eleven, I'm making a wish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anytime I see if.
Speaker 1: It's three thirty three or four forty four or five fifty five, I'm making wishes.
Speaker 3: If next year, on March third, you listen to episode three three three on three three, God bless you listen. If you wait until the year twenty If you wait until the year thirty thirty twenty thirty three and listen to this episode, I'd say played lottery that day?
Speaker 2: Sure, why not?
Speaker 1: Eight on three three three Given these things, God listen, it's only what is it eight years from now? Less than eight years from now will be three three thirty three.
Speaker 3: There'll be people looking to get married that day, Yes, so that they can remember their anniversary.
Speaker 2: That data you can never forget.
Speaker 1: My uncle Peter on eight eight eighty eight, he decided to bet on horse number eight in the eighth race of Mommoth Mammoth Park Racetrack, Okay. On eight eight eighty eight, he bet on horse number eight, and he's like, he put like one hundred dollars on.
Speaker 2: This horse in the eighth rae hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: He paid one hundred dollars yeah, the horse came in eighth, not.
Speaker 3: Even kidding good by the way, three three thirty three is a Thursday.
Speaker 1: That's a doable wedding date. Oh, you already know weddings are probably Yeah, how many people know the eight years? So now I bet you there's some women who've already bought, they booked the date just because they might not have met their.
Speaker 3: And men men may have listened, mostly women.
Speaker 2: Wait, don't you know.
Speaker 1: A while ago I was on that talk show It never made it to air. It was the Carlos Watson Show. It was a pilot and the woman had had chosen and bought her wedding dress and didn't even meet the guy yet said no, I'm buying my wedding dress because this is it. And maybe someone out there do that, buy a wedding dress. Think about that for a second. You're gonna spend all this money and you haven't even met the guy, right, you're just sayingle So yeah.
Speaker 2: Second.
Speaker 3: May second is a Friday. That's five two two five. That's Robin's birthday, is it?
Speaker 2: Yep? May second?
Speaker 3: What a great day, What a great day to propose five to two five. It's a friday, you see, her on the weekends. No, this is what you can remember.
Speaker 2: I got.
Speaker 3: I remember the day I proposed to I proposed on well, i'll tell you what I proposed in May without a ring, right. But then when I gave my my at that time, my fiance a ring, it was six nine nine six.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: Six nine nine six yeah, yeah, all right, who knew six nine?
Speaker 2: I doubt you remember that. That's a palindrome.
Speaker 3: It is yes sixty nine in it. So yeah, I didn't plan it that way. I didn't plant that way. I didn't even notice the date when I gave the ring. I'm just like, oh, wait, oh.
Speaker 2: Did you say your thermostat to sixty nine? No? Oh, I do.
Speaker 3: I set my life life to it, by.
Speaker 2: The way, just I just so I can walk by it and chuckle. I said.
Speaker 3: Brian adams big hit, Summer of sixty nine, which I believe he released in nineteen eighty five. If you do the math, he wouldn't have been old enough to have the experiences he says he had in nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 2: So he's lying.
Speaker 3: No, he the song's actually about a Summer of sixty nine, ing from what rumor is.
Speaker 2: Oh, so wait a second so oh, you're googling it?
Speaker 3: No, I want to want to read the exact definition.
Speaker 2: Please do go ahead, I'm waiting. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Brian Adams says that it was just the song is about a year in his life, but it was a playful reference to a specific sexual act.
Speaker 2: So it was about sixty nine.
Speaker 3: In the summer writing about he was writing about it a year or just you know, everybody chose that number. Oh because of that?
Speaker 1: Because of that, Yeah, that's pretty cool. But how old would he have been in nineteen sixty nine? What year was Brian Adams born?
Speaker 2: I mean, they'll tell me he was eleven.
Speaker 3: He would have been ten.
Speaker 2: Oh that's gross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually he would have been nine because of it would have been well, yeah, the summer of sixty nine, he was nine.
Speaker 2: Like I said, it wasn't about how oly in a.
Speaker 1: Second he's nobody's singing like it's his story. Like me and some guys were from school, had a band and we tried, we played real hard.
Speaker 2: But it did it didn't happen in nineteen sixty nine. The fuck man, I feel cheated.
Speaker 3: He was twenty six when he when he sang that song, but the summer sixty nine he was nine, right, it was probably about nineteen seventy eight, but it didn't fit as well in the sut you Adam of seventy eight. Ayah, bullshitcast scary the things you learned. See now, if an artist see if an artist sang like in the in the in the nineties, the two thousands, it would make sense, yeah, to be saying on summer sixteen nine, but it didn't make sense for Brian Adams, who was nine at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is this sort of like how I grew up listening to Nicki Minaj where the years were all fuzzy like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all fuzzy.
Speaker 1: Oh man, dude, I got an invite to a wedding. Another one, yet another wedding. Well, another one is on another one Long Island? Is it on Long Island?
Speaker 2: Again? In the drive two hours? Yeah? No, this one's up in Westchester.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, another long drive another Yeah, Well that's okay. I like Westchester. Westchester is best Chester. I'm a big fan of Rockland and Westchester because I don't go up there often enough, but when I do go there, I find some solace in peace.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's Oh, it's very nice.
Speaker 1: That's it's wonderful, and it's so close a nice rural area not that far from an Not rural, it's suburbia. I mean, come on now, rural, dude, Rural is like Barstow, California. Come on anyway, So yes, so I got I got a wedding invite, yet another.
Speaker 3: One where period the word I'm gonna read you. The definition of rural. Rural refers to areas outside of towns and cities characterized by lower population density UH and more natural landscape. Westchester is rural, Like it's rural.
Speaker 2: It's not rural. It's not rural.
Speaker 1: It's I consider it's a suburb, suburbs, suburbs, suburbs, a suburb.
Speaker 2: It's not rural. When I think rural.
Speaker 1: I think of like the middle of the desert somewhere, a little town of five thousand people.
Speaker 2: That's rural.
Speaker 3: No, come on, they include they include urbanized hold on closely linked to the definition of so.
Speaker 2: By that, by that logic, Clifton, New Jersey, is rural.
Speaker 3: The US Census Bureau defines rural as any population, housing, or territory not included within an urban area. West Chester is not part of the tri state area, not that far up.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 1: So Cherry Hill is rural because it's not in Philly. Yeah, get the fuck out of here. Come on, rural, it's not rural.
Speaker 2: You Cherry Hill, New Jersey have a subway system. No, but it's not. It's a suburb. That's what r I didn't really make the way rural up.
Speaker 1: I would never use it in any sentence because I'd sound stupid if I called it rural.
Speaker 2: If you say that to anybody out loud, I'd be embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Would you say that Westchester has open spaces? Yes, okay? And natural landscape of course, beautiful?
Speaker 2: Thank you. Definition of rural, it's not rural. I don't care it.
Speaker 3: On date, I'm reading multiple definitions. What is a simple definition of We don't care what country. You wouldn't speak it out last to a city or town. You wouldn't say it out loud. That ain't If you live in Westchester, please leave us a talk back and confirm that it's rural.
Speaker 2: It's not, it's the suburb. It's suburbs. Okay. Can a rural area also be a suburb? Of course?
Speaker 1: The answer is yes, but you can't. A suburb can't be a rural area, though. Is that the question you want to ask.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm okay. If you go to the southern part of Westchester, that's not that's not rural. But Westchester goes up pretty far north.
Speaker 1: No, no, because then it gets cut off by Dutchess County or there's other there's other counties in there. Right, once you go above Westchester, right, Dutchess.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to west Chester.
Speaker 1: If you go to Puttnham Putnam County, that's still not rural. That these are suburbs you were talking about, the suburbs Orange County, go above Gay, go in Rockland, Rockland County.
Speaker 2: Rockland County's rural. No scary.
Speaker 3: A kid from Brooklyn Staten Island is rural compared to Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Come on, it's not anyway, I digress. I got a wedding coming out aggress, Yeah, up by the cows.
Speaker 2: Go ahead. So and it says on the card black tie.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's bad enough that my entire life all like the option. It's the money has been going in one direction out, never money coming in, because I've never had a celebration of a wedding of my own. And it's of course it's by my own device for my own devices, by my own devices. But here we are again, okay, and with another with another wedding that I'm going to go to, and it says black tie, which means because I don't have a black tie, I don't have a tuxedo that would qualify. Looks like I'm gonna have to go do another rental. And it just sucks because who are people to dictate if the wedding should be black tie? Is that a little bit uh selfish?
Speaker 2: What do you think? I don't that means tuxedo. For guys, that means a top. I'm not kidding. I'm not the one married.
Speaker 3: My wedding, if I remember correctly, was black tie optional or sometimes sometimes it may have been black tie preferred, if I remember correctly.
Speaker 1: But as soon as you say the word preferred, you pretty much mean you better wear black tie.
Speaker 2: You're gonna look for Well. No, there were people at.
Speaker 3: My wedding that didn't wear tuxedos, and we didn't borrow them from it. But the family I married into is a black tie type of family. They like, they like dressing up, they like black tide. That was you know, so, uh, my wedding was black tie. But I bought a tuxedo for my wedding after after I rented a tuxedo for my wife's oldest sister and middle sister. So I needed tuxedos. I rented, rented, then I bought, and then whenever there was a black tie wedding, I was thrilled because I had a tuxedo, like, oh, I'm done, I just throw a tuxedo want him to do I have to think about anything. I had a vest and a matching bow tie whatever. I was set. Now that tuxedo is long gone because it's out of style. So now when somebody says black tie, I'm like, all right, well that's that's another two hundred dollars and I gotta give you a gift.
Speaker 2: So doesn't that beg the question.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't the maximum people require at the wedding be black tie optional? So this way they can because everyone with black tie optional, at least you know everyone's gonna come nice and neat. I know you want people well dressed for your affair. I get all that. I understand it's your day. Blah blah blah. Everyone's going the talkbacks is gonna start rolling in now. But at the end of the day. I think the maximum you should demand in a wedding it should be black tie optional. This way, you know you're gonna everyone's going to be in a suit, but they don't have that. It doesn't have black suit mandatory. It doesn't have to be a tuxedo. Although I don't own a black suit, so I still have to go out and get a suit. Well, hold on a second, it's black tie optional. Does that mean you need a black suit? It does, right, yeah, yeah, pretty sure, But it doesn't mean you need a tuxedo. I can get away with a black suit, all right. I think that's the I think. I don't think you should be demanding anything more of your guests, but to say black tie period, that pretty much insists that all the guys have to be in a tux and like some people can't afford that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, looking at the definition of black tie optional, by the way, the black suit or navy.
Speaker 2: Okay, black okay, So that's fine.
Speaker 3: Intends it depends if if it's it's in a.
Speaker 2: Rural area or not. What does it mean for women?
Speaker 3: They have to wear a cocktail dress. Cocktail dress, but a black one. I guess black tie this black. That means a black dress, so it's a blackout.
Speaker 2: It's pretty much. Well, let me ask you this.
Speaker 3: If you go to a destination wedding, right, let's say you have to fly to Aruba, do you give the same amount of a gift as you would if you didn't have to fight Arubah.
Speaker 1: I probably back off a little bit because, Okay, if I'm paying for my fly, hold on it.
Speaker 2: Let me break this down.
Speaker 3: It's all I needed. I don't need to break down. I just needed a guess. Yes, yes, you paid less. Okay, So then, by the same token, if I have to spend two hundred dollars renting a tuxedo, I should give less of a gift because you demanded I spend money on something else.
Speaker 2: Nah, it don't work like that. You canhy not. You just said it did. You just said it did. Don't be chinsey No, because it's chintz.
Speaker 3: It's chintz, not chance hinzy, it's chintzy. Well, what you just said, if I have to pay for a plane ticket, I'm gonna give less of a gift. Yes, So if I have to pay for a tuxedo, I can give less of a gift.
Speaker 1: No, because a destination wedding requires you to book a flight, book a hotel, it's a bigger it's a bigger financial commitment by far.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So if let's say, let's say you would normally give two hundred and fifty dollars for a wedding, let's say as a number, and you have to go to a destination wedding, how much are you given two hundred one seventy five for if I normally give too few fifty, normally give you fifty, probably one fifty.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So if I'm going to a wedding and I normally give two hundred, yeah, but it's black tie, maybe I give one fifty. Proportionally, I gotta drop it a little bit. You know, you're a token, but you're not. You're not going out of town. You're not you're not booking travel like that, you bo it's about spending money. If you have to spend money on a flight and you're back in the gift off, why can't I back the gift off because you made me rent a two hundred and fifty dollar tu.
Speaker 1: Say, I understand your your logic, but you want me to give you more money.
Speaker 2: I think that sports jacket you gave you three you know, whether.
Speaker 1: You have it in your wardrobe or not is on you like like, but you can't. But that's also why.
Speaker 3: I have acentage hold on what percentage of American man own a tuxedo?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 1: I think we're on the same side of this argument, though, because, as I said in the beginning of this conversation.
Speaker 3: Thirty three percent around. Studies show there abound thirty three percent.
Speaker 2: Of man, So the other sixty six have to actually know.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Thirty three percent of men say they don't own a suit.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Okay, so that's sixty six too.
Speaker 1: But but I think again, I was looking out for everybody else, the softer side of skiy hello, and I was trying to explain that I don't think it's right that they're demanding black tie because they're making assumptions that everybody has a tuxedo. So, but if you're going to rent it, I don't think you take away from the gift at that point.
Speaker 2: I do think that you're.
Speaker 3: Renting a flight.
Speaker 1: That's just do a lot more money to and a lot more of a commitment for time and money.
Speaker 3: So you took off some money for a flight. I could take off some money for a tuxedo. You're just frustrated because you know I'm right. You know I'm right, Slices, let me talked about I don't. Yeah, but it's not just about being right or wrong.
Speaker 1: I what about, hey, Slices, how do you feel about demanding black tie no option?
Speaker 2: How do you feel about that in a wedding?
Speaker 3: Is hald I just want to give a flip side because I want to play both side. I want to be fair of both sides. Okay, if you're having a black tie wedding, then the place you're having it in had better be black tie level. Yeah, that I agree, fair that, I agree with that, I agree with Okay, So I've told this story before, but just as a reminder in case you're not. You know, I caught up with all three hundred third three episodes and you listening at order, which you shouldn't. I would say, play the jingle, listen to order jingle, but scared doesn't bring those home. I was invited a long time ago to a wedding that was black tie optional, and I had my tuxedo from my wedding. I don't know if you remember this story, but I'll tell it again real quick. So I was excited. I wore my tuxedo to the wedding. Other than the wedding party, I was the only person wearing a tuxedo. The place was not a nice like black tie level place. It was fine, It was fine. It was average at best.
Speaker 2: It was fine.
Speaker 3: I don't count other people's money, boogie brew but no, not you. But it was it was such. I was such a sore thumb.
Speaker 1: There were people in like powder blue suits, tan suits, white, you know, like all colors, not even dark colors. Every time the photographer gathered the wedding party for photos, they grabbed.
Speaker 2: They pulled you in because you yeah, there was.
Speaker 3: Five five guys in me or six guys in me. I was the other tuxedo, so like, oh, let's go, uh wedding party photos. I was the only asshole that showed up in a tuxedo at a at a.
Speaker 2: Black times options.
Speaker 3: This this this wedding was suit optional. Suit optional. That's a level of wedding.
Speaker 1: But but they called for black tie optional in the in the in hoping for the best, hoping, But now you can't do that, not if it's not up to that level.
Speaker 3: The place where the wedding was was not It was not a catering hole. It wasn't a black tie level. And I'm not I'm not judging people's ability to spend money. We all have different levels, you know. I if I had to throw a bar minsa right now, it would it would.
Speaker 2: Be not black tie.
Speaker 3: So okay, So my point is you have to if they live up to the black tie level of expectation in the catering and the food and the music and entertainment, then I don't feel as bad renting a talks because it's a night out. You're like, all right, well I went out for a night that I wouldn't normally have had.
Speaker 1: So if we're going to a gala or a ball or something, to me, those are the times that you reserve for the black tie.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If I'm going to the Emmys, yes I'll rent the talk all right, that's what I'm saying. That's what I'm going to the Radio Air Awards, like we used to go to those.
Speaker 2: I won every year.
Speaker 1: It was great for Best Parody. But I didn't wear a I didn't wear like a wearing tux. No, I wear a suit and jacket how do we address to the the Podcast Awards when we were up for Best Comedy Podcast that year?
Speaker 3: Oh, I wore a blue sport jacket over a purple shirt. Yeah, I wore a sport jacket as well, but all right, well.
Speaker 2: We'll look good.
Speaker 3: We walked the red carpet that night. That was uh, that was the Anuary of twenty nineteen, I believe. So here we are how long it's been since we've been nominated?
Speaker 1: Now now we are six years later, episode of three, three hundred and thirty three episodes in.
Speaker 2: And this is where we.
Speaker 3: Just remind her who do we finish second behind Joe Rogan? Joe Rogan who wasn't as big a podcaster or as he is now. Yeah he was big, but we're not, like you know what, We're on the same trajectory, Brody. Yes, we're on the Joe Rogan's coattails.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait. I'm going to take some of his mushrooms right right now. Listen.
Speaker 3: If you think about it, if there was another Podcast Award and it was us and Joe Rogan, we would lose again to him. Still, we're consistent.
Speaker 2: We are the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 3: We will be right back was there someone you wanted to get on the phone. Yeah, Danielle, he said, remind you, Oh Danielle, Yeah, right right Danielle.
Speaker 2: Oh what is she saying? Hold on, I'm trying to see if she wants to be on the Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Boys pods Danielle from the Elvis durand.
Speaker 2: Danielle from the Big Show. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's she's back to back with appointments. Ah, we are recording. We are recording now, record because she had a nice take on what we're about to talk about. We were recording now, no chance at grabbing you, hey hey for five minutes. Uh.
Speaker 2: She she's she's She did tell me it was a busy day for her. She's not.
Speaker 1: I promise you she's not avoiding us because she told me at five o'clock this morning the kind of day she was having, and I knew she is back to back.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I guess not.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so we had that all female flight on Jeff Bezos's Blue Origin that went.
Speaker 3: Out in the Penis rocket.
Speaker 1: Into space for the eleven minute ride. H Yeah, no, she she's going. Oh I think she's headed to the Guino or whatever.
Speaker 3: Anyway, but she can't talk on the phone and she's going to the Ghino's in the g.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but imagine that. No, I think she's she may be in the stirrups already. Who knows, I don't have nose. Oh my god, I forgot her son listens to this. My god, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: So once you know, some mother was puts her feet and startups.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Spencer. Sorry.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I don't know. I don't know what's going on. But anyway, she's uh she I don't even know what she's at the kind of I just made that up. She's at the dock house anyway, So that said, uh so, yeah, So they had the female flight, all female flight.
Speaker 2: First of all, I feel so bad for the two.
Speaker 1: Female scientists that were on board because they got no love in any fucking story that I heard, any headline. And I've been coming, I've been everywhere with this story, and I want to keep hearing. Is Gail King, Katie Perry, and Lauren Sanchez the wife or fiance of Jeff Basis right whatever, her girl friend.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you, quot Let me ask you a question. If you're Jeff Bezos and you already got divorced and your wife, your wife got like a hundred.
Speaker 2: I know what you're gonna say, you bastard. I know you're gonna say.
Speaker 3: Hold on, let's say you're engaged to Lauren Sanchez, right, but you decided that you didn't do you didn't get a pre nap is and you're like, you're done with her.
Speaker 2: You don't want to give her half your money.
Speaker 3: You don't give her any money.
Speaker 2: Send her up in the rocket.
Speaker 3: If she goes up in her rocket and and something happens to the rocket, you're off the hook.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah. I hate thinking that. Man, that's terrible. Stop. I wouldn't a way.
Speaker 3: To get rid of an that, like you want to break up with someone, you put him in a rocket, David Brodie, Ladies and gentlemen, you know what I thought it. I would never I would never do that you verbalize. I'm just I'm just thinking that if and by the way, it's Bezos. I don't know why people call him Bezos. I don't understand, so I will Bezos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I think that.
Speaker 1: I I think that he was trying to also have her up there, just so it could give everybody a sense of calm. Who goes with her, because like, Okay, if it's good enough to send up.
Speaker 2: You know your you know you're you're better half.
Speaker 1: Then yeah your fiance or whatever, Yeah, then then it's good enough for Katy Perry. But the two scientists that were there that I feel bad because they totally got like looked over, glossed over.
Speaker 2: And I don't even know their names. I don't know who they are, but well you're guilty of it.
Speaker 3: Listen, let's preface this. This conversation is going to get people to leave talkbacks. You're either going to be like, fuck, yeah, brody and scary, scary and brody, I agree with you, yeah, or you're going to be mortified at some of the things we're going to say.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to say maybe, well I'm going to say this what I said on the air, just to be consistent because people listening to The Big Showy they already heard this. We talked about this and have a chance of Yeah, we talked about let me go ahead. So we talked about it and the reason why we wanted to have Danielle on because she was extremely opinionated about it, and Danielle feels the way I feel, and that is big whoop. What did they really accomplish? To me, all this was was women going up into what the space?
Speaker 2: They broke the sound barrier.
Speaker 1: People, these people right going into space yep, on what I call a fancy, expensive amusement park ride. Because they were back in eleven minutes. And they may have been space tourists, whatever the hell you want to call them.
Speaker 2: They were there for a very short time.
Speaker 1: They paid a lot of money to be a part of this, and that's it, and they're not they are not.
Speaker 3: To be Constanchez didn't pay a penny.
Speaker 2: Well, they should not be considered astronauts. They're not astronauts.
Speaker 1: And I don't think I'm gonna get a lot of and and Danielle was like, yeah, right on, and and Gandhi was like yeah, right on, And even the whole show was pretty much on the same side of it. I don't know why people are calling them astronauts. And and I know Gail King, Gail King, yeah, was because I know that the Internet was a blaze with a similar similar vibe an opinion. And she went on and she blasted those people, so she had a lot to say. She clapped back at at everybody who had anything negative to.
Speaker 2: Say, so Gail King.
Speaker 3: Gail King said, I don't feel comfortable calling myself an astronaut.
Speaker 1: You know why, Yeah, because you're not. That's why, for of all, don't make a big deal about how you're glaming it up to go into space.
Speaker 3: You're taking makeup shots and you show all what kind of makeup you're going to be wearing, and have my hair done. Astronauts don't put makeup on and do their hair, right's let's be.
Speaker 1: They also had three days of training for this. They didn't train for years.
Speaker 3: How to sit, how to sit?
Speaker 2: So what happens?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: Wait? What was the the what did they say? It was the first? Uh, that woman in space? What was the.
Speaker 3: Ethnicity on one of It's no, I don't know.
Speaker 1: There was one of them that their ethnicity was like this the first so and so in space.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. Imagine you are.
Speaker 3: A nineteen sixty five Russia had an all women's space mission, right, No, but it was.
Speaker 1: These were the first. I don't know anyway, there was one woman with whatever the ethnicity was. People like, what if what if someone who's an astronaut goes up into space and actually does something like really really major and something very accomplished, and they get the credit because this other person, did you know what I'm saying, like.
Speaker 3: So again I think should carry daughters.
Speaker 1: I think these are the people saying, oh, like Gail and was like, oh, this is such a role model experience for young girls. No, the women who are astronauts who fly the Space Shuttle, the woman who was in the Space station butch uh wasn't butching whatever, the people that were up in the space station for six months, whatever, those astronauts, those are role models. What you did was you went on an expensive ride.
Speaker 2: That's what it was. You what you think? Okay, if you.
Speaker 1: Know was did not defend that. She actually went after people who called it that she was. She was very critical of everybody.
Speaker 3: You said, think she's a big deal what she did. How don't you think it's a big deal what she did is Katie Perry thinks thinks she's she reinvented the earth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they all very listen, let's be proud. I mean, I guess, I mean I broke.
Speaker 1: The sound barrier as as as I read on many posts on social media.
Speaker 3: If so, I'm quoting them. If you fly in a plane, you're not a pilot.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, you flew. You flew on a plane that went higher than a normal plane. You went on a rocket ride and it came back down with a parachute.
Speaker 2: It was a rock.
Speaker 3: I pushed the buttons. You didn't steer it. You did nothing towards the successful failure of the mission. You spend twenty eight million dollars I think on a ticket whatever it was that Oprah fronted the money for for gae.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, it takes It takes a lot of balls to get into a rocket and go up.
Speaker 2: Yes, I GRETI for that. I'm with you on that as well.
Speaker 3: But there are people who faced five six g's and trained for months and years and and their lives studying aeronautics and science and and algebra and trigger.
Speaker 2: That is what I'm.
Speaker 3: Sajectory and and do all the things to do to be to look. I'm going to read you the definition of astronauts.
Speaker 1: So this is another rural thing that you're gonna throw at me right now.
Speaker 3: An astronaut is a person, trained, equipped, and developed by a human space flight program to serve as a commander or crew member of bought a spacecraft. Although generally reserved for professional space travelers, the term is sometimes applied to anyone who travels at space, including scientists, politicians, journalists, and tourists. Astronaut technically applies to all human space travelers, regardless of nationality. Astronauts fielded by Russia or the Soviet Union typically noticed that is cosmonauts.
Speaker 2: That's the term.
Speaker 1: Is that from wiki because somebody must have added that jargon at the end.
Speaker 3: I can get you another another definition. I don't want Merriam Webster a person whose profession is to travel beyond the Art's atmosphere. On Wednesday introduced group of Astronauts. It has chosen for upcoming missions any person who travels beyond the Earth's atmosphere. So broadly the broad definition. So William Shatner in that moment, at least one thing became certain. Yes a non so he said he was an astronaut, So non broadly you could put it under the umbrella of astronaut.
Speaker 1: But I think it's offensive. Uh, it's offensive to astronauts who dedicate their life to this. Let's face it, point blank. That's the end of the story. Yeah, don't you don't you agree?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so I think there's space. There was space tourists. Yeah, I had surgery. I'm not a doctor. I was operated on. That doesn't mean you know that I'm a medical edge.
Speaker 1: Well listen, great, good, good for them. I mean I wouldn't have the ball. I would not have the balls to get into a rocket. So hell no, No, would not do it. Hell no personally No. But if even if it like if okay, scare, let mess you a question.
Speaker 2: They were brave to do it. I'll give them that.
Speaker 3: If going on Blue Origin meant you could get into any club for the rest to your life, like automatic access to any club, any hotel, any resort, you could just walk in and they're like, oh I was on Blue Origin. They give you a little card and you have all access you go to get. You could get a reservation at any restaurant the rest.
Speaker 1: Of your life, key to the city everything. I'm not giving you a key to the city. I gave you every restaurant reservation. Reconsider it so you would go up? Ah No, I probably wouldn't. Nah, Nah, not worth it.
Speaker 2: Still wouldn't. Nah.
Speaker 1: There's nothing nothing like it offer you. What if I gave you run flat tires on another car with the tire package. What if Blue Origin had the tire package, would you then had the rocket package?
Speaker 2: Okay? With scary and vote, I feel.
Speaker 3: Like we could have gone on for another twenty minutes. I'm glad we didn't. Yeah, I just, you know, the Katy Perry thing. A guy like Katie, even though I once had to bump her from the show. I like Katie, like having met her like six or seven times.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's she's sweet. I love her too, and she's quirky and fun.
Speaker 3: I can't speak to the reaction you have looking down on earth from that height.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't. It's probably quite like unbelievable. Yeah, and and I love I should say we're friends with Katie. I mean, Katie gives me a going to kiss every time she sees me. She's yeah, same. I don't know if you remember me now it's been a few years, but she did at the time. Always Katie Perry is terrific, really wonderful young. When she was young, she was wonderful, and she got older, she was wonderful. Like she didn't change as she got more famous.
Speaker 2: She's not no way, She's still she's still a real one.
Speaker 1: But I was just that were a little unusual, like what do you want me to you were happy we didn't go on with that topic, and we cut.
Speaker 2: It right there after she landed gru origin. Now Brody's doubling down.
Speaker 3: Now, let me see if I could pull this up. We're scary is gonna go?
Speaker 2: I can't hear it. It's not loud enough.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna be because your equipment is trash.
Speaker 2: Oh I hear it. What do you know?
Speaker 3: I feel super.
Speaker 4: I feel super connected to love, so connected to love. I think this experience has shown me you never know how much love is inside of you, like how much love you have to give, and how loved you are until the day you launch.
Speaker 2: That's great, that's poignant. I don't have a problem. I don't have a problem with love.
Speaker 3: How are you connected to love because you were higher up than we are?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't. I can't explain it because I wasn't up there. I think because.
Speaker 1: When you're up there, you realize that all the family and all the love and everything you know is on earth and it's not up.
Speaker 2: There with you. There's nothing up there.
Speaker 1: When you go up there, you see like, okay, great, okay, son.
Speaker 3: Love by being up there, what she's saying, she was more connected to love because she was.
Speaker 1: Up I thought, maybe that's not that how that's how she felt when she got back, she felt like the sense of love.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I feel like when you're up there and all you have is just this quiet and you're looking out, you're like, wow, I'm alone, and so you realize it makes you appreciate the people on earth more. I don't know, I'm trying to interpret it.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been on that slingshot ride that have like that at the pier like they and they always have videos of of people. You get in the chair and it's slingshots up in the air. Fucking never, no way, never, you can't get me on that thing. I feel like that's what they did. I feel like they just went a little higher, right, That's what they did. They got into a thing and it went up. Yeah, and where's the footage?
Speaker 4: Where?
Speaker 2: Where where is their.
Speaker 3: Footage from their cameras or from like, it hasn't been a lot. I would think there'd be a lot of footage. You'd be posting on Instagram all the whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, especially since we landed on the moon, right, I mean, you think about it, we would have.
Speaker 3: We didn't, but we did nineteen We landed on the.
Speaker 2: Moon, and we have all that, all that great footage, and then.
Speaker 3: They didn't have Samsung and iPhones.
Speaker 1: But my point is, but you can't. You can't have footage on this. You can't have footage on this.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, this footage from the Moon.
Speaker 1: I think that's That's what I'm saying. You have in nineteen sixty nine technology. If we landed on the Moon, we have all that technology, We have all those I mean, we had all that.
Speaker 3: A little bit of footage inside the castle. Katy Perry was promoting her tour. You would think that list.
Speaker 1: You would think that you could buy something on Amazon that would you could put inside the rocket.
Speaker 3: I would think Amazon would give it to you for free, considering it's an.
Speaker 2: Amazon, right, That's what I would say. That's what I meant.
Speaker 3: Of course, that's my I thinkured it would take two days for them to go and come back.
Speaker 2: But no, I don't know. Okay, we can move off this now.
Speaker 3: You think they're doing a documentary, that's why they're holding back all the footage like Amazon, like Prime Video is gonna have a documentary.
Speaker 2: No, it's an eleven minute ride, a space ride.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if you're watching a slow motion it's could be twenty three, twenty five, forty minutes. Yeah, but you wouldn't do it under any circumstances. Nah, Na, okay, I don't even like flying in a plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what what's going on? What do you got? You actually have a lot. Someone he's putting on the orange glasses. Stop that stop.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you, well I had, So do you want to hear about a news story from my Brooklyn boys friends or the tragedy that happened to me at the Chinese restaurant? Always a tragedy because from tragedy we know comes comedy.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: So last night I had a craving for some Chinese food, Like that's what? What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: What's going to be dinner? Chinese food is dinner. So I went to my place, my place where I've been going for I don't know twenty five years. My people, my place, your people, I call it my go it's David. They know my order pretty much. At least they know how I like my food, right, no vegetables. Now it's a husband and wife and occasionally the sun works there. Everybody has that Chinese restaurant. They used to have a little kid like sitting there doing his homework. Well, this kid grew up in the twenty five years I've been going there. Now he works there. Occasionally the guy makes the lomaine. The husband a little bit better than the wife. She's fine, but the husband uses more sauce whatever. So it's always a little moisture. So I always hope that he's more.
Speaker 1: Hold on a second moisture moister moisture, Yeah, it has you know more. I don't think that's a word moisture, moisture. It's moisture that yes, it is more moist moister than that. You can say more moist You can't.
Speaker 2: Say more moisture, but you could say moisture.
Speaker 1: No, you could say, you say more moisture. Hold On, you can say more nose, you can say more moist They can say more moist.
Speaker 3: It's moisture a word. No, it's more moist Is moisture a word? It's thinks I'm saying moisture. Hold on, No, it's not I'll type it.
Speaker 2: Certainly not you weren't. You must have been absent that day. It's more moist.
Speaker 1: Adjective comparative adjective slightly wet, damp or humid moisture. Well so then so then if something's the moist the most moistiest, is it moistest? If it's the most moist, is it moist it's moistest? Yes, yes, come on, I never heard that term. By the way, I fucking hate the word moist. What are we doing?
Speaker 3: Okay, it was juicy here?
Speaker 2: Stop it?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's better. Don't use the word moisure when when I walked here last night. It's a horrible word.
Speaker 3: I call on the phone and she answered the phone, which she answered the phone most of the time. Even though he's there and her English is not great, he speaks English much better than she does. I think I may have mentioned this before. But when I get there, she's behind the counter, my bags on the counter, ready to go. She's there, and another woman around her age is there also. I've never seen her before.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know if she's hanging out like her friend's hanging out, you know, maybe it's to.
Speaker 3: Bring your friend to work day. I don't know, but she's and there also. So I get my food and I get the car.
Speaker 2: I go home.
Speaker 3: Now I order my food on the phone. You know how I ordered my food roast poke, Lomono vegetables.
Speaker 1: Right, So last night I ordered, among other things, small roast pork, Lomono vegetables, lord roast pork, fried rice, no vegetables.
Speaker 2: She goes.
Speaker 3: So when I said small, she was small. Yep, she went large yep, lodge. Okay, I got it home. I open up the lo main, It's terrific. I open up the fried rice. It's got vegetables in it.
Speaker 1: Scary wom I have? I ordered the same food the same way for twenty five years. They know me by name. How do you put vegetables?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: The question is was she distracted by her friend being there? Or did a friend make my fried rice?
Speaker 2: Could have been the friend.
Speaker 3: So I'm devastated because now I've got bean sprouts and onions and my fried rice. I don't want to have to deal with this, but I want to eat. I'm not gonna not eat. I'm not going to drive back. I'm fifteen seventeen minutes away from this place now since I moved.
Speaker 2: Did you pick it out? So? Wait? A minute.
Speaker 3: So I started picking it out, and I'm like, this is too much effort. It's too much effort. So I called back and I saw so I said. I said, hello, this is David, and uh, you made a mistake. There's vegetables in my large rost pork fried rice. So she says, large ross pork fried rice for vegetables.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm not ordering a large roast No, no, this is David.
Speaker 2: I just picked up my order. I ordered a large roast pork fried rice. No vegetables.
Speaker 3: There's vegetables in my pork fried rice?
Speaker 2: What else do you want? I want?
Speaker 3: I want my money back. You made a mistake, She says, you want money back? Yes, come now. I said, I can't come now. I'm going to eat dinner. We'll come today for a refund, so I said. So I said, no, i'll come back. I'll come back in a few days. No, few days, come now, So I said, no, I'll come in a few days and get my refund. Oh, you can give you another fried rice, but I'm not coming now. No refund in a few days. Refund?
Speaker 1: Now, Well, what what happens in a few days that makes the refund invalid?
Speaker 3: So I said why why Now she was bring back rice, bring back the rice. So she wanted me to come now so I can bring the rice back and show her his vegetables and then she'll give me my fried rice.
Speaker 2: These are people that know you for all these years.
Speaker 3: Yes, I said, I said, look, you know you put vegetables in my fried rice. You weren't that busy. I was the only person who picked up just not you know, it was me. So says, well come now, I like, I'm not coming now.
Speaker 2: She's treating you like a stranger.
Speaker 3: So then I then then then it dawned on me, scary. This is my favorite Chinese restaurant. Yes, there's certain items there that nobody makes the way they do.
Speaker 2: Okay, you really want to start with them? You really want to do that?
Speaker 3: If I brody this, yep, I may end up getting a free bottle of soda, but I may never get my food again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you will get me black bull. You will be blown out, blown out of that. I'm not worried about them spitting in my food before You're like they're.
Speaker 1: Gonna spit You could cliche, you could, You can worried about consider yourself like disinvited from ever buying ordering from there again. I would I would weigh your options very carefully. What did you do?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 3: So I said, all right, well, thank you very much, you have a good night, and I stood there for twenty minutes picking onions and sprouts.
Speaker 2: Chinese restaurant one Brody zero. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now people are gonna say that's calm and for the grape soda, because that's I understand that that's not the same Chinese restaurant. These are my friends. These are people.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I hired this son to do construction in my house once he has a construction coming. By the way, I'm family for them. I went to wait a minute, one last question. How do you make my roast pork low main, no vegetables, and then make my roast pork fried rice and put vegetables in it?
Speaker 2: They did you make the fried rice first and then say fuck it? For a minute.
Speaker 3: Did they make the fried rice first with vegetables? And they were like, fuck it, gonna make the low main properly. He did say no, oh shit, and they're like, fuck it. Maybe he won't notice the vegetables and the fried rice.
Speaker 2: They didn't want to do it again. They didn't.
Speaker 1: They didn't screw you on purpose. They absolutely they made it. It doesn't matter what they made first. It was an accident. They didn't do it on purpose. Why would they want to piss you off? Ordered trimple lobster source, no vegetables, one ton, they jump soup, no vegetables, roast pork, low maino vegetables, roast pork, fried rice vetu.
Speaker 2: Why would you put vegetables in one of the items. You know why? Because you are a weirdo.
Speaker 1: You're the only person who orders fried rice with no vegetables in it. The whole point of fried rice is you get all the things, all the things on the point of fried rice.
Speaker 3: Hear me out, now, hear me out. You know what the point of fried rice is, the fried rice and the pork and egg. If it's a good Chinese ruce.
Speaker 2: So then you know something.
Speaker 3: I don't mean filler. Don't get me cheap filler you threw in it. It makes me colorful.
Speaker 1: Bean sprouts, don't want them, love bean sprouts, carrots, all of that stuff onions you don't want on your little I don't want on you know, little pieces of scrambled egg in the in the in the fried.
Speaker 2: Egg and pork.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't want vegetables in my fried rice. The point is I had a step away.
Speaker 1: I had to back away slowly from the phone before I fucked myself forever. There is a wonderful Chinese restaurant that is that what the name of it, by the way, is called wonderful with my dad. It was in that drip ball parking lot in Freehold, New Jersey called Kings and there Brody, my Dad and I sat there. We had lunch, yep, old school. It was like we were like a Chinese restaurant in Brooklyn, like the ones that they used to make in the sixties and the seventies and the eighties.
Speaker 2: They all went out of business. This is one of those classic ones. Cloths.
Speaker 1: You get there, you sit down and you get a pile of deep fried noodles with the hot with the hot mustard that burns your nose out, and the duck sauce next to it, and then they give you the tea kettle with it with tea, and it was oh, it was foreno hold on the ribs, Brody, with the spare ribs that you love that that taste, I can taste it.
Speaker 3: Right now, oh my god, it was so last time I was there, they were still serving food in the dome the metal dome dishes. Did they have those when you were there?
Speaker 1: No metal dome? Yes, yes, the wait no, eight, I can't think. Oh you know, I think they were. They think they had a dome over the dish.
Speaker 2: That's it for me.
Speaker 1: If you have the metal dome dishes. The dish itself was not dome. Oh I know you're talking about. No, it was not. Sorry, it were regular dishes. But okay, Brody, you love this place. There's also a place called peaking, the Peaking House, a peaking.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's the strip club up the block.
Speaker 2: Now, people, you're peaking in.
Speaker 1: No, there's another place in Freehold that's even that they say is even better, but it's it's a little more boogie than this place.
Speaker 2: This is one of those old school, no frills Chinese. A couple of them on Root nine.
Speaker 3: I think it's Route nine in Freeholder one thirty. There's a couple of places.
Speaker 2: Because my mom used to this is nine. This is nine.
Speaker 3: There's two places, the one you mentioned, another one forget the name of it, at Pink table cloths and also old school vibe really good food. Oh now I'm hunger, so.
Speaker 2: Fucking hungry, right, my boy? All right, so now let's see here.
Speaker 1: Oh you know I'm going I'm going on vacation, Brody, You're going back to Cali.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I've headed to Uh have you ever been to ten Reef?
Speaker 3: No, I've been to I've been to seven a Reef. I couldn't afford ten Reef.
Speaker 1: Tenor Reef is part of the Canary Islands and it's uh, it's a province of Spain, so it's owned by Spain. And these islands are off the coast of Africa. It's like if you look on a map, the Canary Islands are like next to like Morocco in Africa, and you it makes you wonder, like how the.
Speaker 2: Fuck the Spain? You know? Going to a new place, yeah, going to a new place. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's the point of what I was about to say, is ah, look at you. I'm going here because I've never been. This is part of a promise. I'm an ongoing promise I made to myself to do less of things that I've done before and more things that are new, Like I want to I want to see more of Asia. I want to go to Japan and there, you know, Japan. I want to go see more of Europe. But yeah, so Tall Darren you remember by Buddy Tall Darren. Yeah, he's the short guy, right, but he lives in Yeah, he lives in London and uh he says that it's London's Florida.
Speaker 2: So basically, like.
Speaker 1: A lot of British people, a lot of people from France and Spain, when they go on vacation, they'll fat to Florida. They fly to they fly to uh like it's like us going to It's like a New Yorker going to Miami.
Speaker 2: That's the analogy.
Speaker 3: It's not London's Panhandle of Florida.
Speaker 1: No Florida. No, it's it's London's Miami.
Speaker 3: I'd love to see those people in British accents.
Speaker 1: But they all go to you know, they go to Abiza, they go to uh Mayorca, Myorca, Minorca. Those are Spanish islands the south of France. But this is one of them. This is a part of Spain.
Speaker 3: People don't know this. My Orca is a dolphin. I don't know if you know that.
Speaker 2: Oh did you just learn that? You just learned that. No, the last the lifetime, you learned that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that orcas are actually dolphins. But when I say dolphins, I meant like traditional gray dolphins.
Speaker 1: But okay, So I'm headed out and I think we're gonna try and save money by sharing a room.
Speaker 2: But I'm in as it turns out.
Speaker 1: As it turns out, a lot of these places they just have king beds. So am I gonna like share a bed with tall Darren? Yeah? Yeah, fine, he's not why Darren fatn't want to share a bed with?
Speaker 2: But tall Darren?
Speaker 1: Right, we've done it once before. But like it's kind of is it odd that we're gonna share? We may share a bed. No, we're grown ass men. We're not twenty you know, we're not college kids. We're not Have you and I shared a bed? I think we may only shared a room. We shared rooms.
Speaker 2: We might have shared a bed long time ago. I feel like we did. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know how I feel about it. So I wanted your opinion.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think down's gonna I don't think that.
Speaker 2: No, it's I'm not saying anything. No, No, Brody, come on, we're both you know.
Speaker 3: I think you might damn successful, good looking guy.
Speaker 2: Maybe, but look it is it weird? Is it awkward? Is it weird? No? For two grown ass men?
Speaker 3: Nah, I don't think it.
Speaker 2: I don't think it. You think there's a problem with that?
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't. I think you're find all right.
Speaker 2: Because some people like you're grown ass men. Get your own rooms.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you know what your are you gonna be out drinking and going to the beach and lotioning up?
Speaker 2: Of course all that.
Speaker 3: Oh well in that case, now, I'm not so sure. I feel like, if you weren't told down, I'm gonna get drunk. You know, anything's possible. Okay, all right, come on, all right, let's let's watch White Lotus. He's like a brother to you.
Speaker 2: Any Oh. Oh, I heard what happened with the two brothers. Oh my god, did you?
Speaker 1: I didn't see the show, but I don't want to give any spoilers away, But yeah, I heard some things. I heard some things happen. Well, yeah, and a brother sometimes comes in handy. That's all I'm going to say. Oh my god, brother, I see their play on words. All right, very nice. Let's move on before people crush us. For giving away white lotus last break.
Speaker 2: Right, this is it?
Speaker 3: So let me then then this this will be what we ended on.
Speaker 2: Scare.
Speaker 1: I want to know you're going to your boys, right, my one boy? Yep, yep, yeah you boy. Okay, but we had this conversation. Now we've already talked about treating the girl at dinner. So oh we've talked about it, all right, Yeah, we.
Speaker 2: Talked about it.
Speaker 3: If you by the way, if you got if you don't listen to Slice time, always go back. We'll listen to Slice Time for three thirty two.
Speaker 1: Also, we are definitely done taking commentary on that because we I mean, we just had like five six pages of unfortunately anybody behind, anyone behind to get this all right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: So I I was talking to my friend we'll call him paper Menu from the one who already wanted a payper menu, and we went to lunch this week, Paper Menu and guy moving to Florida. M right, We're like, oh, let's get some lunch. So we met for lunch, the three of us. And you know, they said they heard the episode of us talking about, you know, picking up the tab for the girl, and they thought it was hilarious and whatever.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 3: If you hate that brody, you're really going to hate this other thing. We sometimes do, boy, I said, what you should put this on your podcast. It might be it might be a good topic. We do this sometimes we do this, I said, what is well? Normally we always pick. Normally we pay cash, as you know, but sometimes when when a bunch of us squad to eat, the bill is so much money that we have to use credit cards, we don't have enough cash, we all we all put the credit cards down. But because with this same group of people mostly that go out together, and sometimes there's one or two people that don't go out with us a lot, but usually it's the same five or six core people and then a couple of stragglers, maybe we take all the credit cards and we throw them into a hat where someone brings a bag and we reach into the bag, and as we reach into the bag, that person doesn't have to pay for dinner, and then we reach in front of the card. He said, because what happens is, he said, the way you play credit card roulette normally is you reach into the bag and whatever credit card you pull out pays the bill, and everybody else leaves. Scott free. No, don't pay for anything. But the way they do it is the reverse way. Yeah, the last card in the bag pays. So there's the tension in the relief. Every time a card is pulled out, You're hoping it's your card, yes, and then if it's like only two or three cards, you're like, oh fuck, I may be paying for this dinner. So they said what they do is if it's if it's like a decent amount of money, the last card pays. If it's an exceptional amount of money, the last two or three cards pay, so that you're not stuck with like a thousand dollar bill.
Speaker 1: By the way, I love that because that's what I that's gambling. That's gambling right there.
Speaker 2: It's like placing. It's placing of gambling.
Speaker 3: Either dinner's going to cost you two hundred or it's gonna cost you eight nine hundred.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: That a game of chance, you would do that? Oh yeah, fuck yeah, I love that. Ship I love it. I live for that, okay kidding me.
Speaker 3: What he said was the people who play all the time odds are eventually you might win. Like if you lose, eventually the next six you might not have to pay right. But but I said, well, what about the guys only come once? Like it's like, oh, let's invite Mike, and Mike on he shows up once. If he has to pay, he may never get his money back. They're like, well, he had a chance of walking away for free meal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: Here's what I didn't ask paper menu, and I should have asked. I'm gonna ask, and I'll find out if you pay. If you play credit card roulette and all the and all the credit cards in the bag, if there's a woman at the table, does she not put the credit card in the bag? In other words, is she out on the game? Also like, does she have to not put her credit card in? I gotta find that out. Okay, yeah, I gotta find that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah you should.
Speaker 3: So the question is for the slices, would you play this game if if the bill was like a thousand dollars where you could either like get out of paying one hundred or end up paying a thousand or two people pay five hundred, would you take that risk to avoid paying one hundred? Scar He says, he's in, I'm in. You guys know my answer, I'm out.
Speaker 2: Of course, we didn't even have to ask you.
Speaker 1: We already know, so I said, I said to pay per menu. I said, hey, I call him Pape, Go paye Pape. What if I'm at the table, I don't throw my credit card in? He goes, did you automatically paying the whole bill? I go, no, no, no, no, no, I don't want that. He goes that you're out. He goes, if you don't even play, you lose. You got to get in so you can get out. Yeah, throw your caught in and hopefully you don't. You don't get last, you know, for the slices. I don't know when you're going to be visiting Brooklyn anytime soon. But there's an awesome classic old school red sauce italion in Coney Island called Guard Giulio's, which Brody.
Speaker 2: And I have been to before. The bait clams are amazing.
Speaker 3: By the way, my friend who's moving to Florida used to work there, and we were talking about Guardjulio's at lunch this week.
Speaker 1: That's right, And then what happens is at Guard Julio's and they do this as a no, they do this as well.
Speaker 2: What they do is how do you know? I was talking to him. He said, that's right. How do you know I was talking.
Speaker 1: About that's right, meaning that what Brody said is valid. I validated your statement. And continuing on my thought, at the end of each meal at Guard Julio's, when they give you the bill, they also come around with a like a container with a lot it's like a lottery bind with about.
Speaker 2: With ninety nine or yeah, ninety nine.
Speaker 1: I guess they balls or they it's almost like the lotto or the little cubes whatever it is. They're numbered from one to ninety nine. Okay, I think they're a little small blocks, but they're one to ninety nine. And the guy comes and he shakes up the thing, the container, and then one person at the table picks the number from one to ninety nine, and if you get the number correct, the entire meal is on Guardjulio's. So there's no it's just a fun thing that they do. It's a it's a it's a gimmick. It's cute, it's kitchy.
Speaker 2: But I hear that occasionally. I've heard that there were people that have won this where all of a sudden, all right, the checks on the on the restaurant, it's on the house ninety nine cubes, yeah, whateppen, but a bit chant one right, thank you? And you have to guess what number and then reach in and see if you can grab it.
Speaker 3: I guess no.
Speaker 2: No, they you you guess the number? What what numbers are going to be? Guys? And the whole table comes up fifty three, and then he shakes it up and he pulls out in the first cube that comes out. Right.
Speaker 1: It's like a lottery thing, a loto whatever. Whatever the number comes, it's a random thing. Whatever one comes out, if it matches, if it's a fifty three.
Speaker 2: Right, Bill's on that free. Dinner is free.
Speaker 1: But there's no penalty for getting it wrong. No, there's none. It's just a cute thing that they do. And what's the penalty if you're from Brooklyn and you've eaten a whole life?
Speaker 3: But you still say the name of the place wrong.
Speaker 2: Isn't it called guard Julios? No, it's Grdulo's, isn't it? That's correct? It is Guardulo's all right.
Speaker 3: It's Guardulos. I know that because because one of the owners is in my phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my bad, I called it. It's been a minute.
Speaker 1: Everybody in Brooklyn calls it gud Julio's, but it's guard Gulo's Cardulos.
Speaker 3: Anyway, it's one of those Brooklyn things. Oh, the food's great.
Speaker 2: There since Yeah, they're early nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: So if you ever go, you remember when you and I were big deals at the Brooklyn Cyclones game, which is the America the Mets Minor League.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember.
Speaker 3: God Jewelo's used to bring the food in and cater all the events. So whenever we were there and we were eating God Jewelos.
Speaker 2: Like crazy, ah, man, that was so much fun.
Speaker 3: We used to sit in the owner's suite back in the day.
Speaker 1: Got Easter Sunday coming up for me, I'm gonna be going to my sister's house. I'm deep in the hard to passover right now, deep in the hard passover.
Speaker 2: So I ordered it. I ordered a rack of pork, a rack of pork, Brodie. It's it's basic, by the way, you'd think that would be the boobs of the pig.
Speaker 1: It's this long, it's got a fat cap on it, and it's got all the it's got, you know, like little bones like bone, pond bone, bone bone. No, it's an uncut it's an uncut slab of pork not Jewish, Yes, exactly right. And and when you slice them like spa ribs, those are little those are pork chops. That's how you get So anyway, it's a big thick. I can't wait to dig into this. I ordered it from some company that you know if I saw online, of course, so I'll let you know how it is. But apparently this is supposed to be a really good, high quality pork.
Speaker 2: And uh oh is it pre brined pork like your turkey?
Speaker 1: It's like no, no, no, it's it comes from a place called No Snake River Farms. They not a sponsor, and they did not give it to me for free. So yeah, so I ordered it from there. I'll let you know how it goes. But we ordered it just a place that's known for having bougie pork. Did you google, like who has the boogie is?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's actually called ku about a pork k u r A B A t A. I don't know what the fuck that means. How come you can pronounce kurrabata but you can't pronounce guard Julos. I may be guessing at that one too. Ku about a pork. I guess it's a high quality pork. I don't know if it was a grass fed pork or something. I don't know it was a cleaner pig. I've got no idea. All I know is we're gonna have rack of pork for Easter. On my recommendation. I had it sent to my dad's house. Are you looking up?
Speaker 2: It's cure about it what it can. By the way, now I'm looking up. Where can I hold on?
Speaker 3: Where can I get bougie pork ribs ordered and sent to me?
Speaker 2: Days? Is it gonna? Say?
Speaker 1: Snake River Farms And they have amazing dude, they have. They have Their beef is supposed to be the found a place called Four Rivers.
Speaker 2: No Snake River Farms anyway. Snake River, Yeah, they do. They specialize in beef. Anyway. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I'll let you know how it goes.
Speaker 1: My sister is a little nervous because she's never cooked this kind of item before, and she doesn't eat meat, so she's just kind of.
Speaker 2: Never heard of a place called Wild Fork. Yes, I have.
Speaker 3: They just opened up about twenty minutes from me.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna do the things.
Speaker 3: This came up. It came up. It came up as one of the good places to buy.
Speaker 2: Let's go for steak dinner. What do you think?
Speaker 1: No, it's a buy and cook. It's not a restaurant. Oh okay, yeah, all right. Anyway, why are you taking me for steak dinner?
Speaker 2: Is that an offer? I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Huh? Huh?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I haven't made connections.
Speaker 1: We're out of time, Brodie, I was gonna ad you that questions ship brocly do boys
Speaker 2: Brocoli brocly No boys proclam