Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a Sports Byline Broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike Semperviv. Are you ready? Are you ready? Let's get it off.
Speaker 3: Let's get it. Mike semper Viv here with you for the next hour talking about professional wrestling, which is something we do every single day here on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network. Tune in, iHeart American Forces Radio, Sports Byline dot Com, over the air affiliates like KMAV ninety nine, KMSR and The Mightier ten ninety podcast replays on Sirius XM, or maybe you're video streaming on Twitter or YouTube. However you're joining me today, I'd just like to say thank you, hopefully wherever you are at Sonny outside, and if not, hopefully it's Sonny inside. Your beautiful day here on Del Marva. As always, it is a busy weekend in the world of professional wrestling, and I'm here to take you through it. Sadly, neither the boss Man nor Filthy will be joining me today. Brian is volunteering at his kids' school, while Tom is still gathering his senses after his battle with Satoshi Kojima at last night's MLW show. He may need to take some time off, and you know who else needs to take some time off, Sammy Zain. In this week's Wrestling Observer newsletter, which was posted up to the website today, Dave Meltzer notes that Sammy Zain asked for and was granted some time off. No reason was given as to why, but he was written off raw on Monday night after he was attacked by Drew McIntyre. Zain is not scheduled for the December twenty eighth house show taking place in Laval, Quebec. With Zay not there, it's a pretty safe bet that Kevin Owens will be and it's also a pretty safe bet that Kevin Owens is going to be a part of tonight's SmackDown and when we get back from break preview that show for you, as well as everything else that takes place over the next couple of days. Aw Rampage is also tonight, with Collision taking place on Saturday. Both shows were already taped. No spoilers know, so don't worry. There will be predictions though, as I will go through Saturday's NXT Deadline show and give you who I think is going to win to Iron Survivor Challenge matches as well as Ilia Dragonoff defending the NXT Championship against Baron Corbin. Impact Wrestling also has a show on Saturday, as does GCW. New Japan's Tag League is wrapping up, which means we're getting ready for the Tokyo Dome. We'll try to get into all of that stuff and more when we get back from Break Wrestling Observer Live that the Casa Alvarez has caused some havoc here, so audio only today, I'll be tweeting that out here shortly to let everybody know about that who's trying to check out the show live. But hey, you know, if you're if you're not sick of us, or if you just want to curse at us, you can do that anytime you want on Twitter or X or whatever you want to call. And I am at Semperviv, Brian is at Brian Alvarez, Filthy is at Filthy, Tom Lawler, and of course at Sports Byline USA. Another one to remember at tune in, because what better way is there to listen to Wrestling Observer Live than through the Sports Byline USA broadcasting network, which airs twenty four to seven with a live stream on the tune in app. If you got one of those Alexa gimmicks, just tell Alexa, hey play Wrestling Observer live. Play Sports Byline USA on tune in. That's all you gotta do. And I want you to make the Wrestling News part of your day as well. You can tell your Alexa to do that too. Play the Wrestling News podcast. Yes, you can. Everything you need to know to get your day started, get you up to date, or get you to your favorite wrestling review pod daily free in between five and fifteen minutes long. No clickbait, no speculation, no rumors, no paywall, just the Wrestling News. For more information, head on over to the Wrestling News dot com and at Wrestling newsav on Facebook and Twitter. Since we're having a day like this anyway, I'll take Brian not being here and I'll take these technical snafoos to continue to pimp myself. I'm on this week's Sports Guys talking wrestling with my friend Stu Myrik. It's wrestling guys talking football as well as we get heavy into the college football playoff selections and considering Stu went to ut and I'm a disgusting sec apologist. Florida State fans may roll their eyes, but to be honest, I don't blame them. Never trust the process people. I don't know who started that. I think it was Joelle embiid. He lied to you. Never trust the process, and frankly, probably don't trust the people who are doing that process either. Also joining us do on the show both the MLW champion Alex Kine and our very own filthy Tom Lawler. I'll also be filling in for Dave Meltzer on this weekend's McGuire on Wrestling with Mike McGuire of one oh six point one the Goat up there in lloyd Minster, Alberta, right there on the border of Saskatchewan. Shout out to all the truckers riding on the Trans Canada Highway. Shout out to all the truckers everywhere. Actually, because everyone that runs the roads for us, you're the ones who really keep terrestrial radio, in satellite radio, in podcasts, in business. I salute you. If you're on the road, you probably are not worried about checking out WWE SmackDown Tonight Live on Fox from the Amicam Mutual Pavilion in Providence, Rhode Island. It is the twenty first annual Tribute to the Troops edition of the show. Plenty of pre produced video packages to be had, surely, and we'll get a musical performance to start things off. WWE sent out a press release this morning announcing that The War and the Treaty I'm sorry, The War and Treaty will perform God Bless America. Quote. Grammy nominated duo The War and Treaty our husband and wife Para Michael and Tanya Trotter. Michael served in the US Army from two thousand and three to two thousand and seven, where he was stationed in Iraq from two thousand and four to two thousand and seven and one military idol during his term there. Surely we will have a robust USA chant at the conclusion of the song. When it comes to what's actually taking place in the ring. There's going to be two first round matches in the United States title tournament. Santos Escobar faces Dragon Lee and Bobby Lashley will face Carrie and Cross. Also announced for the show as Osca against Charlotte Flair. Last week's show went off the air with Randy Yorton in La Night Cleaning House on Jimmy Uso and Solo Soukoa as Paul Hayman told his phone to call Roman Reign, so I'm sure we're going to be getting some more of that. Earlier this afternoon, WWE also announced that Cody Rhodes will be making an appearance on tonight's show. Also, CM Punk will address the universe as well, speaking of the man who will speak on SmackDown, is it possible to be over a feud that has not even started yet? At least the in ring portion of the feud has not started yet. This comes from the front page of the website and was posted up by Ian Carry this afternoon. Seth Rollins recently went into detail regarding his animosity towards CM Punk. Rollins shold Jimmy Treina on the SI Media podcast that he believes Punk's perspective on the industry has quote been extremely self serving and that Punk has quote played the martyr role to a t Rollin said of his issues with Punk, quote A lot of it's personal, a lot of it is stuff that I don't want to get into. But for the most part, I think he's just been really selfish when he comes to his perspective on the industry, I think he's been extremely self serving, has played the martyr role to a t. Look. I don't get a lot of good things to say about parts of my relationship with him. He helped me in places where he didn't have to. Whether that was for his own good or not, I'm not entirely sure, but regardless, it helped me get to where I needed to go and do the things I needed to do. For a guy who, when I met him, made it seem like he was all about giving back to the business, he really turned into a pretty selfish guy and really wanted to take more from the industry.
Speaker 2: End quote.
Speaker 3: Rollins would then continue on to address Punk talking down to him and to WWE over the years, he said some really bad things about me. Talk down to me for years and the company for years. I'm talking some really bad stuff, called me a boot liquor and crap like that. You don't know me and you don't really know what I stand for. I'm a loyal person. I just felt pretty insulted by a lot of the ways he treated me, treated the place that I worked for, treated friends that I worked with.
Speaker 2: End quote.
Speaker 3: During the interview, Rollins even invoked the situation between Punk and former friend Cole Cabana and continued to be upset over how Punk talked about people. Quote. We actually love it. We want to give back to it, and we want to make it the best it can possibly be. And I always just felt he was a fraud in that sense, or at least he turned into one at some point in the last decade. That's the long of it. It's a deep, deep rooted I wouldn't call it a hatred, but certainly animosity. There's no animosity there, or there is animosity there, no doubt about it. End quote. As an objective observer, just sitting here on the outside, I believe all of that. I can understand why Rollins feels that way. But here's where the pro wrestling comes in. During the conversation, Rollins also claimed that he was not giving a heads up about Punk returning to WWE before Cult of Personality hit at Survivor series. He set his reactions that night at ringside and later in the back We're all genuine. However, our own Dave Meltzer reported that Rollins did know that punk was going to come out at the end of the show and his reaction to it was all part of building an angle. I mean, the one who did that right that night was Drew McIntyre, who for whatever reason left the ring, stormed out, was upset, got his stuff and left, and that has caused a far more question, or seemed to cause far more question over Seth Rollins and how upset he was or truly wasn't Because he was getting waste locked by Michael Cole and Corey Graves and flicking middle fingers and just screaming. It seemed like an angle to me. And much like I said about Daniel Bryan, Oh God, w w else will hate you for that. Brian Danielson and his eye injury and whether he bladed or whether there was a hard way or whatever it was that caused the blood to come out of his eye. You don't want to shy away from using reality. We kind of have to do that right now. With the way the business is, with the way that social media is, with the way that everything is, you do want to take those real things and build them into this story. And I'm not saying that CM Punk and Seth Rollins shouldn't do that, but I gotta be honest with everything that seth Rollins has said about Punk, and obviously Punk is going to have to respond to that. With seth rollins current character and the fact that he has talked so much and he was such a defender of WWE, I don't know. I want to see these guys Russell and I know, once they're in there together it should be pretty awesome. But everything else, the promos week after week after week, all these little things in the media, in this place, in that place. Man, I'm already tired of it, and we haven't even gotten to the feud yet. But there's a lot more to get into, including the aw shows coming up this weekend, Athenas, Got a Broken Nose, New Japan, and so much more. We'll be back Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: I apologize again to everybody out there who is listening to this on podcasts right now, because you're usually sitting there watching it live and oops, blame Brian on this one. Folks. Hey, ww's also running house shows this weekend too, if you happen to be around New York or Pennsylvania have nothing else better to do. Saturday night at the at the Adirondack I should say Bank Center in Utica, New York. And on Sunday they'll be on the campus of penn State University and the Bryce Jordan Center in State College, Pennsylvania. But that's enough WWE for now. We'll move it over into the Tony Conoverse. ROH World Women's Champion Athena suffered a broken nose recently. She was bloodied up during the ROH tapings held in Montreal on December fifth, after a match against local wrestler Roxanne. Athena was attacked by Billy Starks and her nose was busted open in the process. In a later deleted post, Athena wrote on social media that X rays revealed her nose as broken, but she still plans on wrestling at ROH Final Battle on December fifteenth, where her match with Starks is scheduled to be the headliner. In addition to that main event, the current lineup, which takes place in Garland, Texas, looks like this Survival of the fittest six way elimination match to crown a new ROH World TV champion. Dalton Castle against Commander against Lee Moriarty against Lee Johnson against Kyle Fletcher against an opponent to be named. Keith Lee will face Shane Taylor in a singles match. In an I quit match, Ethan Page faces Tony Nice. And this is no offense to anyone else on the show. But now what makes Final Battle, at least to me is the special challenge match that was offered up by the Blackpool Combat Club. Brian Danielson and Wheeler Yudah will team with either Claudio cashing Noley or John Moxley to face FTR and Mark Brisco. So the addition of that match, I think really puts it over the top. And I was wondering what they were going to add to this, and I was wondering if what they were going to add happens to be the main event. But no, Athena is going to be in the main event against Billy Starks. That's probably the best feud that they've had, hands down in ROH since it's come back, at least it's been. It seems like it feels like it at least. I don't know if that's necessarily the case, but it certainly feels like it's so. Athena and Billy Starks will get their flowers by being able to main event that show. Aw Dynamite writing from Wednesday night, the show drew eight hundred and twenty three thousand viewers overall on TBS, which is down about four percent from last week's eight hundred and fifty eight thousand. In the eighteen to forty nine year old demo, the show drew a point twenty five, which equates to about three hundred and twenty eight thousand viewers and is down nearly fifteen percent from last week. The show was actually up in people under eighteen and over fifty, and I'll wager that most of that bump came from the olds. They had a slight increase in women thirty five to forty nine as well, So there you go. During the NBA season, AAEW just needs to stay over eight hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: I mean, for the most part, I think they've done that. Eight hundred and four thousand, maybe the lowest. They may have had a couple of it may have an upper seven nineties there too. But as long as they stay over eight hundred thousan, I mean, I think that's probably a good number. You obviously want to aim for a million. You should be very happy over nine hundred thousand. But with the NBA going on right now, getting eight hundred thousand and having a let's just say a respectable number in the eighteen to forty nine demo, I mean, that's all you can really ask for. I mean, it's not like, obviously ESPN's got part of this too, But it's not like Warner Brothers Discovery is too upset over the fact that, you know, those some of those NBA games, you know they're paying for and they want those ratings. So there, I'm sure fine with it. AW Rampage Tonight on TNT. Match is taped on Wednesday from the Bell Center in Montreal. AW International Title Orange Castidey defends against a Helico. Avadon faces Trisha Dora, Keno, Skate Takeshta and Powerhouse Hobbs take on Christopher Daniels and Matt Sidell and in a There's one Continental Classic match Tonight. In the Blue League, Brian Danielson faces Daniel Garcia. Daniel sins has four points two wins, while Garcia is still looking for his first victory. AW Collision is Saturday night on TNT. Those matches were taped on Tuesday. Yes, you heard that correctly. The show on Saturday had matches taped on Tuesday, while the show on Friday had their matches taped on Wednesday. But they were both from the Bell Center in Montreal. No more regular season college football, so this would be a good week to steal a rating. Come next week, not only does the college football bowl season begin, but the NFL starts up at Saturday schedule. That's going to be bad for everybody else who is not broadcasting in an NFL game. The week after that is December twenty third, when you have both football and holiday travel, and then on December thirtieth, it's AW World's end at the Mausoleum that's otherwise known as the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Long Island. You can tell him not an Islanders fan, but who has been since nineteen eighty three. So that episode of Collision is likely being moved to Friday again. So this weekend feels like the one if you're going to bring up the December average to Tomorrow Night will probably be the one Cottineat Classic Blue League matches Eddie Kingston against Claudio and Brian Danielson against Andrade l Edelo, Kenny Omega faces Ethan Page to decide who gets bragging rights across Canada, plus Wardlow against Willie mack Willow, Nightingale against Mercedes Martinez, and in a tag match, Penta and Commander will take on Angelo Parker and Matt Menard. New Japan Pro Wrestling the World Tag League tournament finally wrapping up this weekend. The semifinals were held today in Kagashima at the Kiroshima City Makazono Arena. ISWGP World Tag Team Champions Bishamon who are a Roki Goto and Yoshi Hashid the Bullet Club war Dogs team of Alex Coglan and Gabe Kidd. In the other semi final, the Strong Tag Team Champions Guerrillas of Destiny, El Fantasmo and Hickoleo defeated tmdk's Mikey Nichols and Shane Haste. Those results led to the war Dogs in TMDK finishing the A block with ten points apiece, but Cogland and Kid advanced due to their head to head win over Nichols. In haste, God beat out Godo and Yoshahashi by one point in the B block, so it is going to be champions against champions for the right to face some champions. The finals take place on Sunday at the Grand Messe Kumamoto in the city of Mishiki. I think it's pretty obvious that Gorillas of Destiny go over and set up a title match at the Tokyo Dome against Godo and Yoshahashi. I was kind of hoping for Godo and Yoshahashi to win the tournament and then go into the Dome both as the tournament winners and the champions, because I just believe it opens up some fresher matches for that show. You could do Kaito Kiemia and Rio hey Oewa coming over from Noah. You could have done Impact Tag Champs, Ace Austin and Chris Bay. You could have done FTR. You could have done just about anything that you wanted if they had gone that route, but they did not. Very likely by the time Brian and I are back with you on Monday, we'll have the official card for Russell Kingdom eighteen on January fourth. If the announcement does not come on Monday, it shouldn't be any longer than Tuesday, as we're only about three full weeks away from that show. We kind of know the card already though, just because you know, this is how most wrestling promotions do their things outside of North America, certainly complete opposite of the way WWE often does things, which is, you know, add a bunch of matches late. I mean we see it with both Rampage and Collision, which announced match is today for shows that are already taped. We had a bunch of additions today, Cody Rhodes and other things added to SmackDown. But we've kind of know what the plan has been and is going to be when it comes to the Tokyo Dome. Obviously the main event, IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Sonata faces Tatsuya Naito. The semi main event, even though Kazushko Okada really wants this to be the main event. Okada faces Brian Danielson. There's going to be a three way for the IWGP United States title as Will Osprey defends against John Moxley and David Finley. New Japan World Television title. Zach Saber Junior will defend against Hiroshi Tanahashi IWGP World Tag titles. As I mentioned earlier, Bishamon will now face the World Tag League winners again, probably gonna be Guerroll's Destiny Junior Heavyweight tag titles Clark Connors and Drilla Maloney against TJP and Francesco Akira. Horomo Takahashi defends the World Junior Heavyweight Title against Desperado. Shingo Takagi defends the never Open Weight title against Tamatanga, And surely we are going to have a new Japan Rambo aka their Royal Rumble on the pre show. So we'll see how many of those matches. I would believe all of those matches are going to be announced. We'll see if any other foreigners work their way in. If we get Chris Jericho, do we get Claudio. I'm sure we're going to have some others on the show, but we'll have to wait and see what happens coming up. Like I said, it should be on Monday, but if not, I don't think it's going to be any later than Tuesday. Impact Wrestling is also running on Saturday. Final Resolution from the Don kolov Arena in Mississauga, Ontario. Pre show, Frankie Kazarian faces Sheldon Gan Impact World Tag Team titles, and this is on the main show, Ace Austin and Chris Bay will defend against Brian Myers and Eddie Edwards. Jordan Grace teams with Trinity to face Diana Parrazzo and Giselle Shaw. Re Rhino almost said ReHO Riho against Moose. That would be a match Rhino against Moose. That's gonna be. It's gonna be a slavery knocker, that's for sure. On the complete opposite of that, Speedball Mike Bailey will face Tray Miguel. Jake Something wrestles Jason Hotch for the Impact Digital Media title. Tommy Dreamer faces Diener and in the main event, Josh Alexander and Zach Saber Junior will face off against the MotorCity Machine Guns team of Alex Shelley and Chris Saban. There was some other Impact news today as well too. They've got a new streaming car carrier and we'll get into that when we come back, as well as my predictions coming up for Anick Steed deadline on Saturday night, we'll be back Wrestling Observer Alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Mike semper Viv back here with you a Wrestling Observer Live. No filthy, no Brian, no video. How it goes sometimes that's all right though, will persevere through like Impact Wrestling has persevered through all of these years like a roach. You can't kill him. They can't be killed. T NA Wrestling's coming back, and now they have a new streaming carrier. And that streaming carrier is Endeavor Streaming. And before you go, wait, yes, the same Endeavor that owns WWE and UFC. It was announced today the TNA and Endeavor have reached a multi year deal for Endeavor Streaming to power the new TNA Plus app will launch on Friday, January fifth. TNA touted the app. Touted that the app is relaunching with a dynamic new look, with new expanded options and increased functionality. And most importantly, it's got two different price points too. The Special Attraction Tier is priced at nine to ninety nine a month over ninety five ninety nine per year and includes access to the full TNA Impact Wrestling Library in every TNA Plus special event. Then there is the World Championship Tier, which is priced at two hundred and nineteen ninety nine per year and includes those benefits as well as TNA's four major annual pay per views. Impact Plus, which was previously priced at seven ninety nine or seventy one to ninety nine per year, is going away. There was only one tier available, and that one did not include pay per views. He had to pick those up separately through Fight. Impact Wrestling is rebranding back to TNA, starting with the Hard to Kill pay per view on Saturday, January thirteenth. Quote. This is truly an incredible opportunity for us as we forge into an exciting new chapter of the TNA legacy. End quote That from TNA President Scott de Moore. Also in the same press release, and Devor Streaming Chief Commercial Officer Pete Bellamy said, quote, Wrestling fans are some of the most passionate in the world of sports and entertainment, and TNA Plus is the perfect, always on, personalized ott service to help TNA build a deeper relationship with its global audience.
Speaker 2: End quote.
Speaker 3: As I mentioned, in Deavor Streaming, a subsidiary of Endeavor which owns TKOS Holdings, the parent company of WWE and the UFC. So there you go. That's what's going on in the world of Impact here. Get into this NXT deadline show. Don't want to run out of time on this Saturday night. Peacock and the WWE Network from the Total Mortgage Arena in Bridgeport, Connecticut kind of downplayed my excitement for this week because I'm not excited about it.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: It's not that I think it's going to be a poor show or anything like that. It's just just a show. Even with the Iron Survivor Challenge gimmick, which yes, as Brian said multiple times, as I will admit to it turned out a lot better than we thought it would last year. Both the men's and the women's matches, two people start out. Every five minutes, someone will enter until all five people are in the match. Whoever score was the most falls in twenty five minutes, regardless of having many people are in the match, will win the match. The men's die Jack Trick Williams, Josh Briggs, Brown Breaker, Tyler Bate. The winner will eventually get an NXT title match against Ilia Dragonoff. Everything screams that Trick Williams should win this, But there was another person that was on his phone and has been weird on his phone recently in the world of NXT. That is Josh Briggs. And nothing against Brooks Jensen, but Josh Briggs, at least when he comes to the eye test, looks like somebody that they would love to have on the main roster. I know saying, well, Mike, you know Vince's gone. You know that's not as important anymore. You're right, it's not as important anymore. But Josh Briggs has been in NXT now for a while. I don't know if you take that team and put him on the main roster that it's gonna be all that great. I think Josh Briggs seems to be far more advanced. But then again, maybe some of it's in the presentation. Maybe I'm getting worked here, maybe I'm getting fooled a little bit. But Josh Briggs seems like he's kind of ready to break out and do something else. At least that's my feeling on it. And again, he was weird on his phone at several times. I have a feeling that Carmelo Hayes is going to come out, and also to depending on where this match is placed, I mean that probably plays itself in to where Carmelo Hayes and what happens during the Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams match. I would assume that the women's match is going to open the show and that this will be the main event, but we'll see. You know, we could also have the NFT title match be the main event. But long story short, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Josh Briggs gets the victory somehow, whether that be through Carmelo and Trick having an issue and that causes a distraction, whether it be Lexus King, I don't know exactly what the how the whole thing is going to play out. I just have a feeling that Josh Briggs is gonna get the shot. Because here's the thing too, Josh Briggs can get this win. He doesn't have to beat Eliot dragon Off. In fact, I don't think either on the men's or the women's side, I don't think anybody, you know, no matter who wins, they don't have to get the title. They can have the title match but they can lose, and I think in the case of Briggs against Dragonoff, I don't think that's the worst thing in the world. So I'm gonna go with Josh Briggs getting the victory there, even though something's telling me maybe Trick Williams should should you know, if you're gonna put money on, somebody would probably be him, But I'm going with a long shot with Briggs. In the women's match, it's Tiffany Stratton, the Lash Legend, Blair Davenport, Klanie Jordan, and Fallon Henley again. The winner's gonna get an NXT World Women's title match against Lyra Valkyria. The two most obvious candidates to me are Tiffany Stratton and Fallon Henley. They have not done a whole lot with Tiffany Stratton here recently, and yes, she was out for a while with an injury all that, you know again, but even before that, and I believe that was at the Halloween Show that that happened, she has not been positioned in the same place that she was kind of as we entered exited last year at this time Stratton and Henley. I'm gonna go with Fallon Henley getting the victory because she's had a situation with Tatum Pasley in the past. You can kind of elevate Henley up a little bit. She can get the title shot. Stratton can get screwed out of it, and you can lead to whatever they're going to do with her. But maybe, and I could be wrong about this, but it also feels like Tiffany Stratton even though she should remain in NXT. I mean, frankly, you know, they pull people up too early and then they have people that are left down there for too long that then they decide to throw on the main roster and go, Okay, let's see if they can sink or swim. You know. Tiffany Stratton I think should be on the main roster. And I don't know if that's going to happen at Royal Rumble, you know, and seeing her there and then maybe debut after rustle Mania, I'm not quite sure what direction that's going to go. But I'm not sure how much more Stratton can really get accomplished in NXD, other than being able to put some more work in. But she can also do that on the road with WWE on the main roster. NXT Championship ilia Draggonoff against Baron Corbin. It's dragging Off's third defense. I'm sure boss Man's going to be all excited about this one. I think it's a really good matchup. I think they've told a groat a really good story. I think Corbin has been perfect in his role. I think dragging Off as great and as passionate as he is, and as much as I can believe that the man is and works himself into a frenzy, I do think his segments go on for too long. I do think it's a little bit Mello dramatic with the way he brings himself up and brack down again, and all the movements and the machinations and all that, and you know, all of the stuff during the promos. I wish they would kind of temper some of that back a little bit, because if there was not a lot of that rigamarole leading in to his psycho hug of Baron Corbin on Wednesday, I think they could have or on Tuesday, I think it would have come off better. But long story short, I think dragon Off keeps the title, and I don't know what's next for Baron KORbin, but I have enjoyed him a lot in NXT nxd's North American Title on the line Dominic Mysterio against Dragon Lee. Ray Masterio is going to be in Lee's corner on SmackDown. Tonight, Dragon Lee faces Santos Escobar in the US title Tournament. I believe that Lee will get the victory there, which can spill over very very nicely into Saturday. Escobar could beat Lee down after the match and weaken him, or show up during the match and maybe, you know, get into a mysterio do something they costly the match of both. You know, he could beat him down and appear tomorrow we'll see. One other piece of fantasy booking for me is that Saturday may be a good night for Escobar to pick up two partners, and not in the way that he did with Cruz del Toro and Joaquin Wilde, who were, if you recall, kidnapped in the parking lot. The NXT parking lot the most dangerous place on earth. But maybe Escobar could scoop up on hell Garza and Umberto Koreo and take them over to the main roster. It might be unnecessary, as Escobar is surely going to be teaming with Logan Paul against the LWO at some point, but it's not like Paul is going to be wrestling every week on SmackDown. As we get to the Royal Rumbles, so we'll see. I would love to see those guys come up though, So my prediction Dominic Mysteri overtains. Cage match Roxanne Perez against Keana James. We started this feud with a gimmick match, and we are going to end it with a gimmick match. At Halloween Havoc, they had a Devil's Playground match, which Roxanne won. Then they would go on to cost each other the chance of making the Iron Survivor Challenge, and here we are. People have rumbled about Kora Jade returning because the match is in the cage, and we know how cage matches work. They're not made to keep anybody out anymore. They're made for somebody to come running in somehow. Who knows what will happen here, but I don't think with what they're doing right now with Keana James, that you want to go ahead and beat her. You've had enough of her tripping up on TV leading into the Iron Survivor matches. So I'll go with Keana James getting the victory here. Carmelo Hayes against Lexus King. Again, it will be interesting to see where they put the matches on the show, because again I have a feeling whatever happens here is going to dribble its way over into the Iron Survivor Challenge match. I'm gonna go with Lexus King getting the victory here because let's just say it is Carmelo Hayes that has been responsible or partially responsible for payn Blues and agony that it was laid upon Trick Williams. Well, Carmelo Hayes being pissed off at Trick Williams for winning the Iron Survivor Challenge and getting a title shot while he's now losing the Lexus King. You know, it's a way to further that storyline. If you don't want to do any physical between Carmelo and Trick and Lexus tonight, we'll see what happens. I've been King gets the victory. He's got to get one at some point here. And then on the kickoff show, Axiom, who has not won a singles match on NXT Proper, which means not level up. He hasn't won a singles match since May second, when he defeated Scripts. If anybody remembers that feud. My prediction here Axiom wins just because Axium hasn't won any matches in a while, and then now Nathan Fraser can have two losses in a row. He lost obviously Delia Dragon Off a couple of weeks ago. He loses to Axiom tonight. We'll see if there's a handshake or not. We'll see maybe if Nathan Fraser accepts what Axiom said on this past Tuesday show and maybe goes back to the mask. I wouldn't do that though. I wouldn't do that maybe for a short period. But these two getting together and going after the NXT Tag Team titles, or at least being involved in that mix, that's probably the best way to go for right now, especially because the other titles are tied up anyway. So that's what I think is going to happen. Do not put any money on any of that. If you want to put any money on some of my predictions, well, during ball season, I'll give you those. I can tell you right now. Though, whatever the line is on Oregon and Liberty take Oregon, I don't care if it goes up to twenty five and a half, you're gonna stomp Liberty. We'll be back Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Whether you're Wrestling Observer Live, I'd like to put a bow on this thing again. Apologies for all you out there listening or cursing right now, cursing your device, cursing your radio, cursing your phone. That's all right. Look, we'll be back with the video on Monday. Once boss Man gets back in, everything will be taken care of and Brian and I will be back then. I believe you're going to get Brian and Dave this Saturday night after the NXT show. Realistically it's early early Sunday morning. They'll be back with a full review of that. I'm not sure because I haven't really been on social media today. I'm not sure if Dave is going to be doing his regular Friday night Saturday morning show with Garrett, but I believe that he will, at least I'll just guess that he will. But you know, today was a great example of have backup plans, folks. You know, have some other things in the Chamber. If you're always watching us on YouTube or on twitch, we thank you for that. But don't forget about the radio aspect of this. This is a radio show. That's how this thing started off. And you can always check us out by going to the Sports Byline USA website. There's a direct link there where you can listen to not only this show, but of course everything that takes place on Sports Byline USA, whether it be Rick Total, whether it be the best of Ron Bar, whether it be Farrell coming up here in a little bit, any of that stuff. You can do it directly through there, or you can listen through tune in. I put them over early on today. I should not have done that is they're having issues with their stream right now. But take a listen again five pm Pacific time APM Eastern time. Hopefully that feat will be up for that. That is when the show is replayed APM Eastern time every single day. If you happen to miss us when we're live, you can always check it out later. You can do that through tune in, you can do that through Ihearten. Of course, you can do that directly through Sports Byline USC, through Sports Byline USA, and of course, you can check out the show via podcast over at Wrestlingobserver dot com. Hey, it was an easy day for him. I want to thank producer John for pulling his hair out and dealing with the nonsense that Brian left him with earlier on today. I want to thank producer Daniel for putting up with my nonsense every single Friday. And I want to thank all of you out there for listening to me. As I mentioned, Brian and I will be back, and he will be back with Dave from members of Wrestling Observer dot com and uh yeah, you know what. I'm out of words, I'm out of gas, I'm tapping out. We'll talk to you again after a while.
Speaker 1: You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network