Speaker 1: This is Frosted Tips with Lance Bass, an iHeartRadio podcast. Hello, my Little Peanuts, it's some of your hosts, Lance Bass. This is Frosted Tips with me Lance Bass, for our Fourth of July special. I mean, we couldn't leave you hanging for a week without a show, so we have a little bitty show for you here today. I got Turkey turching with me. We're in Miami, Florida right now. See, we just were on a vacation. We just got back from Pensacola, and now we're in Miami getting ready for the fourth in a few days.
Speaker 2: True Boo is with us. Hello, and you know what, I just wanted.
Speaker 1: To have a little show. Want to celebrate America's birthday. Okay, Okay, happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One thing that I need to tell everyone is that I'm a part of this little special group called America two fifty. If you've been following my Instagram page, I've kind of posted about it because we just announced it like a month ago or so.
Speaker 2: So Rosie Rios, who if you.
Speaker 1: Just take out any money in your pocket right now, you'll probably have her name on your twenty dollars bill or whatever it says.
Speaker 2: Rosie Reel.
Speaker 1: She was the Treasurer of the United States and a really good friend of mine. We did a TV show together called Unicorn Hunters. Anyway, she has been tapped by the President to be the chair of this America two fifty And they've been doing this for years. They've been planning this whole celebration for years. But it's America's two hundred and fiftieth birthday coming up in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: No six, sorry, twenty six six. Yeah, it's seventy seventy six.
Speaker 1: Seventy six, yeah, so twenty twenty six, that's yeah. But also on top of that, we have the World Cup, we have the Olympics, and we have the birthday, all within a few years of each other. So they have come up with this really great America two fifty group to plan all the festivities. And I get to be a part of planning the festivities of our two hundred and fiftieth birthday.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: And I get to represent my state of Mississippi and specifically Laurel, Mississippi, where I was born. And so they've you know, Gloria Stepan and Miami just you know a lot of different people from different regions were picked to kind of put this whole event together. So we're gonna, you know, over the next couple of years, we'll tell you exactly like what we're planning, but it's going to be really really fun, like really fun stuff.
Speaker 2: I love that, all right.
Speaker 1: So to learn more, go to America two fifty dot org and you can see all the things are going on. So the journey to two fifty, Like, I'm looking at it right now and it's like two years, zero months and six days.
Speaker 2: Woo.
Speaker 1: So July fourth, yeah, twenty six, our nation will commemorate the celebration of the two undred fifteth anniversary and the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
Speaker 2: For y'all that didn't know that, that's what fourth of July is all about.
Speaker 1: And the journey towards this historic milestone is an opportunity to pause, reflect on our nation's past, honor the contributions of all Americans, and look ahead toward the future we want to create for the next generation and beyond.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I can remember, well, I can't remember. I was born in seventy seven. She old, okay, But in seventy nineteen seventy six, America had the by centennial and that was like a really big to do and people were really proud and so.
Speaker 1: And that was the last time an organization by the government was put together for a celebration.
Speaker 2: I love that. So here we are at two hundred and fifty years and so we should get festive. That's right, America two fifty rg yes, yes, which brings us to a fun game we should play. Oh, I got a game. I got a game celebration of the fourth of July just right around the corner. Let's test your knowledge, Turkey, Dirchin and Lance. We'll go with the game. We're calling Merca, Merca Merca. I'll ask you some trivia that any good American should know, and if you get any wrong, you're officially a terrible citizen. Okay, ready, oh lord, okay, here we go. All right, let's start off a little bit easy, Okay. Which US president is on the twenty.
Speaker 1: The twenty would be? Is that Jeffer Jefferson.
Speaker 2: No, No, Jackson Jackson, jack the other Jackson, seventh president twenty dollars bill, that's right, Jackson square, and he was a horrible Michael Jackson. What year did Now this is an easy one. What year did the United States declare its independence from Great Britain. Sei, that's right, we're just talking about it. It's and they did that with the adoption of the Declaration. Okay, who was the first person to sign the Declaration of Concock?
Speaker 1: John hen Concock, Henry John Henri. Do you know why because there's a movie where he's like Herbie Hancock.
Speaker 2: What was that movie? This a player? I know, but it's it's what's it? Uh? Oh my gosh, Well.
Speaker 3: It's never happened. He's making up a whole fake scenario just to cover his bad classic. Okay, we'll go along with him.
Speaker 2: We played them or we we've dressed as them? Is Halloween? Uh? Oh no, it was Tommy Boy.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was on Tommy Boys who signed the declaration. Herbie Hancock, who was the largest signature.
Speaker 2: Chris, anybody connecting these dots because.
Speaker 1: He was had a big signature on that declaration.
Speaker 2: Yes he did. Yes, Actually I have it right here. That's why they call it Hancock your signature, Yes, exactly. President he was. John Hancock was President of the Continental Congress. He was the first to sign the Declaration of Independent and his large, bold signature became iconic. Yeah, all right, moving John Hancock right here. Now, this one's a little tougher. Who was the main author of the Declaration of Independent Uh Benjamin Franklin. No, but you're the right.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know this, I know that. Thomas Jefferson, Yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, uh yeah, he was a principal author of the Declaration of a Great Citizen in someone Else's law? In Which war? Did the Battle of Gettysburg take place? Eight? A civil war? That's right. Civil war was fought during the Civil War July first to July third, eighteen sixty three, and was the turning point in the war. That's right, all right? Which us? Now, this one is going to be a speed one Lincoln next.
Speaker 4: Proclamation Emancipation was issued by President got It January first, eighteen sixty three, which declared that all slaves in Confederate held territory were set to be free.
Speaker 2: There was really that Marita that did all the work. Come on, now, okay, what was the name of the first permanent English settlement in America? Established in sixteen Oh?
Speaker 3: Oak, no, Brono, No, it was Oh, it was a provincetown.
Speaker 2: It's not provinced. It's one of those Massachusetts. It is ending in town. Yeah, it's Jamestown, James Jamestown, Yeah, located in present day Virginia. Established in sixteen oh seven, was the first permanent English settlement in America. I hope I got all these right. Okay, who was the first Secretary of Treasury in the United States of the United States? Come Adams. I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's a famous musical that came out Hamilton Hamilton. He was the first Secretary of Treasury, serving under President George Washington seventeen eighty nine to seventeen ninety five.
Speaker 2: All right, what purchase Louisiana? What purchased double the size in the United States in eighteen oh three. That was the Louisiana purchase negotiated by President Thomas Jefferson, double the size of the United States when it was acquired from France. France was French. What it was? How many cents an acre? It? It was like nothing. I it was cheap, royal cheap. It was royal chape. That's right, the Louisiana purchase. Okay, who was the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean? Real hair? You better believe it. What year do you have any idea nineteen twelve. No, it's nineteen later than that.
Speaker 1: Later later, nineteen twenty six, close, nineteen thirty two.
Speaker 2: God all right? Landmark decision did the Supreme Court make in nineteen fifty four regarding board of education? Yeah? Before Okay, do you know what it was about? Yeah, it was about it was the whole separate but equal. No, no, no, no, it wasn't No, but it was that Wasson.
Speaker 3: That was a Ferguson. But the brown and board education it was segregation. No oh yeah, it was the first one. Yeah, in schools.
Speaker 2: But then they care that racial segregation in public school schools. It was unconstitutional. You guys are good. Okay, this is a really good one. Who was the leader of the civil rights movement, known for his I have a dream jrdon Let the game. That's right, I was a j was a leader and his famous speech I have a dream in nineteen sixty three. Who was the first president to live in the White House?
Speaker 1: Oh, that was a good one. Let me think I don't know this one. I'm going to say Carter Noid Adams. Adams when Washington was president was so.
Speaker 2: But but when did they move the White House to Universus wasn't in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: I probably I thought, see I thought the first president was out of I thought they were out of New York.
Speaker 2: It is not all google able, but by the time I was John Adams was the first.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, yeah, where was the first? Where did George Washington live as president?
Speaker 2: Like? Where was his house was in Virginia? That was Virginia. He had a large whatever in Virginia. By the way, is a great place to visit. Well, we were sounding really smart. Now we're just sounding dumber and dumber. As long as I think we pretty much did pretty good. Yeah, you really did. So we're good citizens, is what you're saying. I think we're pretty good good citizens. Do you recycle? Do recycle? His name is Michael. I'm Michael. I like to recycle next stupid. That means they're a good citizen. Fourth of July. I'm really excited. We're doing fireworks.
Speaker 1: All right, here's okay, let's talk about fireworks. For some reason. I just loveworks to just love it. I need to fight in the last few Fourth of July's I've not seen them really, but.
Speaker 2: You gotta make it a priority.
Speaker 1: You got to go something always somewhere where we can't shoot fireworks because the place is going to burn up this time. I really like. We're in Miami, so there's gotta be something in Miami. It's wet, it's everywhere here, so I'm sure they will shoot fireworks from on Palm Springs.
Speaker 2: It's right near our sister's house. I'm going to hang a place in Palm Springs since where well, actually no, we're going to be in Los Angeles, and I know right where we can watch fireworks.
Speaker 1: See, I grew up and I blame it all my grandfather, my granddaddy and my dad love. We were a fireworks family, you know, growing up in the country in Mississippi. That's what you did for New Year's and Fourth of July and probably Memorial Day and Labor Day. They would have those fireworks stands, you know, and you could get the best fireworks because there's no rules, no regulations. You can blow anything up and you are fine. And it was so especially the mortars. The mortars are the best, the ones that just I mean professionals use amazing.
Speaker 2: Now. I love it. I love fireworks, and I love the way they smell, the sparklers when they light the all of that stuff. It's so fun. But nowadays, especially in California, we have to go and we have to go drive someplace to watch fireworks. You can't really like fireworks. Oh here in Los Angeles, you know, everywhere we look at it.
Speaker 1: If you look outside our house in Laos like a war zone.
Speaker 2: I know, it's wild. They're completely illegal in Los Angeles County everywhere everywhere, Like if you are up above the city at all, crazy cool look Hollywood Hills or whatever. Yeah, it's really really beautiful.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know we have to go soon because this is gonna be a little short episode. We all have to get back to our vek haashans.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: So, but I know we have some fan questions that we were going to do on the show. Give me two and we're gonna move these over to the next episode.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got a really good one. This is This is from INSYNCT fangirling. Okay, okay, And she wrote, if twenty twenty four Lance could give two thousand Lance advice, what would it be? Oh? I like it? Yeah, I think I would say, take better care of yourself. What do you mean?
Speaker 1: All things like stretch? Stretch, please please, stretch and learn how to eat vegetables right now. Don't wait till your forty, eat them now and enjoy them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about you, Michael, I'm just curious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd be like, oh, don't care what anyone thinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the truth, because it really does it. You get the less you care.
Speaker 3: And I wish I would have just believed that when I was younger and doesn't done what I want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to agree nothing. It's so crazy because you I look back at pictures of all of us, any of us that are older, and you're like, oh my god, we're so young, we look so good, and it's like and I was so hard on myself and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, oh I look horrible, I'm fat. I'm missing that in your head and you're like what was I thinking? Like, no, yeah, you're always will be your biggest critic.
Speaker 2: So, okay, I have another one here. What is the funniest fight in Sync ever had? Okay, I know that's by the way, that's from Justice for j C. Chase. I love it. Well.
Speaker 1: J C has nothing to do with this one because it was a fight between Joey and Justin. It was so freaking funny. I don't know if we've ever said this publicly. I me, it's nothing crazy. So we were doing Challenge for the Children in Miami, our charity event, and.
Speaker 2: The basketball thing.
Speaker 1: We had basketball on a really there's there's like a three day event, right, and one of them is basketball.
Speaker 2: Well, why.
Speaker 1: I don't hate basketball? I hate playing basketball. So you know, choose a sport that actually would have fun playing?
Speaker 2: No, we didn't. We chose basketball. So we're you know, on tour.
Speaker 1: We are tired, tired, tired, and you know, this charity event's not all just fun and games for us because we have to do the press and we have what So we had to wake up early, meet up this hotel room. They're going to have lunch for us or breakfast, and then we're going to immediately go do the press. And you know, we're in there, they have our food, we're eating and Joey's late, you know, so he's not there, and so Justin is like, well if he's late, going to you know, so he takes his burger, It takes a big old bye of him, puts the lid back on it. Now, that's not that bad of a three. It's funny, right, Oh No, Joey was not having it that day. Usually Joey would take a joke, but Joey must have been real tired because he was like, he came in and he was so pissed.
Speaker 2: Who took a bite of my burger? And no one would say anything. He's like, who did it?
Speaker 1: He's like, no, I'm gonna wait, We're not going anywhere. I'm waiting for would anyone leave until another burger? And then it just gets funny already late. I mean, it's great, but he put his foot down. He's like, nope, nope, I don't care. I am waiting for my burger to get here.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was a manic.
Speaker 1: It was a manic, but it It's one of my favorite things of seeing joe because Joey doesn't lose his cool like ever. It was the one time I saw him him just like really get pissed.
Speaker 2: I love that. I love that. And you know he's trying so hard to like draw a line in the sand, but everybody's just like, whatever it is, it is so great.
Speaker 1: It was so great. Justin's face was kind of a little scared. He was like, oh crap, do I say it was me? Or like I feel.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Well on that note, Happy fourth everyone, Happy Birthday America, Come on, Happy Birthday. But that is all the show. I after you for this little mini episode. Everyone, enjoy your holiday. Be safe out there. Don't blow your hand up with a little you know, horrible you know.
Speaker 2: It happens a lot during July.
Speaker 3: And my uncle is a plastic surgeon and you had to help a lot of hands really.
Speaker 2: After fourth of July.
Speaker 3: Everybody blowing them hands, people holding them not realizing you're holding explosives.
Speaker 1: So it goes wrong and we do that all the time. Thanks to Boo again for being here, Turket turch In. Enjoy your fourth everyone, be safe, be good to each other. Don't drink and drive especial on this holiday.
Speaker 2: It's so easy. Uh, just don't do it.
Speaker 1: There's lots of things you can do besides that. And remember take care of those animals, especially around fireworks. Bring them inside if you can. They get real scared, like their ears are so sensitive. So comfort your dog during these horrible, horrible, lovely fireworks seasons.
Speaker 2: Until next time, stay frosted.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at Frosted Tips with Lance and Michael Turchinard and at Lance Beast for all your pop culture needs
Speaker 3: And make sure to write a review and leave us five stars six if you can see you next time.