Speaker 1: I'm morphed.
Speaker 2: Okay, headphones and the love l a orange boon. You know, gott a cat boom boom boom boom boom boom boom, catted cat boom boom boom cat boom Yeah, boom boom check.
Speaker 1: It's serving pancakes with Mac and Caddy. Yeah, we're two batties. I have to bring you all the boom cattle joining now because we've got some boom. I said, lose twice, but it's still wrong.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Okay, welcome back to serving pancakes. I am Mattie Richell.
Speaker 1: I am cat bell a cat cat Cat cat Cat.
Speaker 2: We have a lot to get to today, I fear so all right, So we had our roster releases. Well do you want to do a little catch up first? And then I always just go straight for the volleyball.
Speaker 1: I know you like, let's just go like, can we like not talk about volleyball first podcast? Yes, give us an update on your health. Update on the health health is wealth you guys. So unfortunately, fortunately I have to have another surgery, not as invasive, but still evasive, and that is I learned that yesterday. So I have surgery tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: We're just going to go in. I developed incisional hernia. That's pretty so that my small intestine is protruding through a hole that cannot heal because intestine's coming through. So like, you know what, we don't like that. We're going to go in, close that hold up, put some mesh down, close it up. But instead of had the farmaginal surgery, they kind of like close everything together. The doctor that I have is a specialist in hernias, and so they're gonna go layer by layer like onions. So they're gonna sow every piece of layer down and they're gonna redo my old incisional scar. So give me a little bit more cosmetic, look more appealing to the eye, because right now it's kind of keyloaded and dark. I didn't mind it, like it's a scar. Scars do that.
Speaker 3: They're like, yeah, but it looks kind of badass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm like, I get bit by a shark. That's what it's giving, Like, yeah, a shark.
Speaker 3: I got stabbed.
Speaker 1: In the middle straight out.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So it's like a two week recovery kind of thing. So I'm gonna go back to Austin tonight. First tomorrow, and I'll be there for these and a half weeks and then I'll come back home to Miami. Holy my news. What's your news?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, we'll be praying for you because that sounds like a lot and you've really gone through it this summer.
Speaker 3: What has been up with me? Nothing? I'm just I don't know. New teams, AKA, what's the way?
Speaker 1: It's something like, there it is?
Speaker 3: Does that look right on the screen?
Speaker 1: Flip it there it is? It's giving West Coast versus East Coast. That's what it's giving now. So like like the Battle of the Texas teams, it's like it's yeah, let's got a new thing now. I like it. I love it.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should just adopt that. No, I feel like the La Hands sign is pretty good.
Speaker 1: Figure out that definitely.
Speaker 2: Figure out my hands Miami trign be like this.
Speaker 3: Oh Miami Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So for the people that don't know, I'm going to LA next season, which is exciting but very bittersweet because I really really loved Houston a lot.
Speaker 1: How much as you love Houston, let's talk about why being in LA is so important though for your life?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like my life is in La. So for me makes sense. Like, I think the whole reason of our league was.
Speaker 2: Like, Okay, everyone gets to come home and you get to play in the US, and like that is all so awesome in itself, but like you're still away from home.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day.
Speaker 2: So I'm still My husband lives in La full time. He never travels with me in like the last ten eleven years of me playing, He's always here and I'm away, So.
Speaker 3: It's like obviously very challenging.
Speaker 2: So now this will be our first full year together, which is actually crazy. I know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Maddie has been overseas for a very long time and has been doing long distance since she's been married for ten years plus, which is insane. Yeah, so now that she's coming back home and gets to do like her real life at home in her brand new house, I think is so great. That's so exciting.
Speaker 2: Now, I know, it's like all the stars are truly aligning, and you know, it's so funny, like every time I come home in the summer, everybody's like, I know it's summer like because Mattie's home and it feels like vac and now it just like feels like normal.
Speaker 3: Life, which is a better feeling.
Speaker 1: Honestly, basically, twenty six is the year of alignment. I feel that way too.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, the year the Horse. I don't know that far.
Speaker 1: But she got my setter, Carly Lloyd.
Speaker 2: From all we got Oh my gosh, I'm so s Yes, Carly was my first ever national team roommate when I traveled for the first time with USA. So I think it's just so funny now that we're on the same team. Full circle moment, full full circle. And then we also have oh, Catherine.
Speaker 1: Plumber, I know, I saw that's going to be insane time.
Speaker 3: Oh that was that was exciting.
Speaker 2: And then they just re announced also Haley Washington. Mm hmm today with.
Speaker 3: Your team Miami. You're already in Miami.
Speaker 1: I know, I've been living my life literally, Yeah, it's fine. They haven't. They were asked for me. I'm still waiting for the Rossity release. But there I'm sure by now this comes out, it's gonna be released. But I'm already in the works of setting up health for the team already, you know. So I'm like, if I'm gonna be be here, I will always have the best of the best kind of stuff from like chiropractors, the massage there, pisture, and the conditioning coaches. Yeah, pets, I'm on it. So I was on the phone this morning with our director of health for the league setting that kind of stuff for the team Miami. But yeah, I've already been in here. This is now my home. I consider it now. And does it feel like oh for sure, It's like when I went home yesterday. I went back to Texas yesterday. Even tho I went back into my apartment that I designed and put together, it didn't feel like That's not like, it didn't feel like my home anymore. You know, I definitely felt like I was visiting and then to kind of like I got on the plane literally last night after flying in yesterday morning and just because I wanted to be here. I want to be yeah, yeah, exactly. Yeah, So but it was it was really good. Obviously, Gonna miss love Austin, you know, Austin always has my heart going to ut there. Obviously, I've developed great relationships to girls and that kind of Step two. Got an opportunity to play with some of my best friends, which has been great opportunity to play with some girls that came after me, you know, it's been really cool and to see them growing developed. But you know, it's a new year, new beginnings, time for a change. Yeah, and it's an opportunity to like, you know, actually you know, practice longer periods of time. So I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great. No more three opposites.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no more three or four opposites and no more of that.
Speaker 3: That's so challenging, just two of us.
Speaker 1: So it's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good, that's exciting. Things are coming.
Speaker 2: It's really hard to leave a team, but like, I don't know, like a new challenge in front of you, is it kind of like refreshes you to the sport.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's also cool too that like, because we've been doing it now for two years, even though on the same teams, even though we're moving teams, we kind of know the gist of everything and how things kind of go. You guys got our Dovo though. Shannon's amazing. You're gonna love Yes, that's for sure, for sure. Yeah, she text us yesterday that she's with you guys.
Speaker 3: Just send me her phone number.
Speaker 1: Yes, Maddie, that's one point. I tell you, that's one person you want to have on your Like, this is my people list, Like if I was open a business, I'm gonna hid.
Speaker 3: Her number, text me her number.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's she's she's amazing, she's.
Speaker 3: We gotta save it up to Shannon. Yeah, sweet, that's exciting. I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Like I'm talking like, oh, I know everything.
Speaker 2: I know a good devo. I know our devo in Houston is the best. Shout out Aaron, you were awesome. But she came in late and so like after season one. But anyway, it pays to have a good Dovo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Shannon has my location. That's how Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: How she knows you'll be late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be late, and now I'll be late. I'll be gone, Like we'll have the weekend off and I'll be like, I ain't tell Eric, but I'm gonna tell you. I'll be back. She was like, Okay, just be back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully Paolo Coco is the same.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think that's the thing. No, I don't think we're getting something selling. We ain't getting weekends off. But I'm the life that I lived in Austin is over with, which is fine because my life was here anyway. So like you know, practice, I don't mind practice. I can practice. Just make it. Just make it useful, you know. I don't like going to practice and it's like, not, we're not really doing shit. Make it worth my while, which I'm sure that he will.
Speaker 3: I've heard oh one thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't never scared. I ain't never scared to work hard. You know what I'm saying. I ain't never scared.
Speaker 3: So working hard on a purpose, I can't complain with that.
Speaker 1: For the past two years haven't gotten much of it. So you know, I'm excited to actually.
Speaker 3: You know well that you just have more opportunity.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you think it'll be fun to play against Austin if you have to play them next season? I don't know how the East West situation is gonna work, but I'm assuming that at some point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I feel like this has to be some type of like crossover or something like that. However, they're going to design and schedule, which I hope they released soon. But I mean, there's no like excitement about it. I just like it's just like another team, you know, Yeah, it's my old team. I'm excited to kind of like it'd be a different visual for sure, seeing on the opposites out of the side of the net. But like just like any other team, which they did hate that I would do. Like if I saw my friends other teams, I'm going over to go talk. They don't like that, but then they'll see now that like it's normal, you know what I mean. So yeah, I'll come over and see them and hug them and say hi, and then go back to my side, you.
Speaker 3: Know, perfect, and then against them.
Speaker 1: I know I've been saying, I'm like the cha Some people don't know as the championship follows me. People don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh, but what if it follows Carly.
Speaker 1: Oh, that could be a thing. You know what I can share that? You know, well, I guess.
Speaker 3: What if it all? What if it also follows Koto?
Speaker 1: You do have Koto? You want her to be a Pepper partner. I'm telling you right now, Okay, I'll lock that in. Yeah, you want her to be a Pepper partner one hundred percent, Like, yeah.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: She was searching, like who else could be besides her?
Speaker 3: I can't pick any of the middles. Sorry Middles, I love you.
Speaker 1: Sorry, No, I'm always with a Libero or or like I prefer Libero orn outside.
Speaker 2: I was with Jordan Thompson for the last two years, and let me tell you, Jordan is actually a very good Pepper partner.
Speaker 3: Jordan, Yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: Well you pepper with me?
Speaker 3: We're good. Yeah, maybe it's me.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, THEA has to come back. Okay. Do you know who else is on your team? Are you excited to play with anybody?
Speaker 3: You don't know?
Speaker 1: Anyone I know, like Mackenzie Adams Atlantish is on our team. With that I do know of her.
Speaker 3: And Paolo already have that you know relationships.
Speaker 1: I've heard that like players only wanted to play for him. That's what I heard, which is really cool to hear, Like, I love that, you know what I mean? Her? I know. The second opposite is a Serbian opposite. She's kind of young. I don't know officially, but heard her. She's upper She's really good.
Speaker 3: But there.
Speaker 1: Miami is made up of a Miami's made up of a lot of foreigners apparently, so it'd be really exciting to see.
Speaker 3: Oh that's great.
Speaker 2: Also in a city that's so diverse, I feel like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't feel like Spanish everyone I think a lot of people can be like Spanish foreigners. I think that which would be cool, that would make sense. Yeah, you know I've ben with a Latin culture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, for y'all, don't who don't know?
Speaker 1: I used to speak Spanish. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: No, we've heard this story before, but can you just can you just tell it one more time for everybody?
Speaker 3: Because you did not speak.
Speaker 1: So when I first contacted from California, this is like nineteen ninety nine, two thousand, we listened to an apartment complex and there was only friend that I had was the Mexican girl next door who spoke Spanish. He didn't speak any English, which I was fine because you know, I watched Selena.
Speaker 3: Yep, you knew.
Speaker 1: You thought I could see the colors of the rainbow and Spanish, so I thought I knew Spanish. So you know, when we first started playing together, she would talk to me in Spanish and I'd be like, no, dead ass. I'd be like yes, and she would respond to me, you're speaking like maybe she thought you spoke just a different dialect. She's from a different rea. Girl was responding to me. So I was like, you know, we was talking. We was about this is my age, bloom cool home girl like.
Speaker 3: My mom, and ended up going it's.
Speaker 2: Like me and we spoke weird Spanish to each other exactly.
Speaker 1: But like I just we was playing barbiees and it'd just be like and she would say, come on to d some something in Spanish and I'd be like, and we was talking back and forth. In my mind, I'm like, you guys, I'm in this like I'm in like the first grade, okay, Like I did speak Spanish. And it wasn't until another girl moved in, who was by this bitch I think her name was.
Speaker 3: I think her name it sounds like.
Speaker 1: This is. We were all together and yeah, see they were like speaking Spanish and so you know, I'm thinking I speak Fanish too, So I'm like, they like speaking Spanish. I'm like, but some time, but she looks at me. She looks at me, and she goes, you're not even saying nothing. And when I tell you all the way, my heart just broke because then and then I then I could see the girl next to her being like, you know, I know right type ship in my face. Play with them again. I didn't play with them. It was fine, Yeah, I said audios amiga.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, so you'll do great with your team. You'll speak Spanish with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Now I know little span your You know what I'm saying. They call me Muchacha.
Speaker 3: All right, that's a good.
Speaker 1: That's a good. That's my little new name. So the cat they call Muchacha here in Miami be gonna look out for that.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Muchacha is like girl, okay, perfect or yeah, look it up. Let's look it up, just to be safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah is the god side. That's my name is Miami. But anyways, I'm excited about Miami. I'm excited to learn Spanish. I will say I can cuss in Spanish now, so if it gets to the point where I gotta cuss, I can cuss, you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna have to do it in Portuguese. With Muchacha means.
Speaker 1: Girl, I'm gonna cuss out. I'm on Google Translate and showing my phone. This is what the hell I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We're so sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm just okay, but I promise I'm fine.
Speaker 2: The true true downfall of our teams the next season is that we will be like the furthest ever from each other.
Speaker 1: I know, and we have a thing that like when we play against each other, even if we don't play against each other, I won't really see you, but I don't know. It depends on how to n which is crazy because like I'm used to seeing you at least four times, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I know, and we were like so close that even when you would come and play me, or like I would go there, we could stay for a day and then just like make our way back.
Speaker 1: But the good thing is for you, I.
Speaker 3: Need a private jet, private jet sponsorship.
Speaker 1: Somebody plug it here. But the good thing for you is that like when you come here to play us, potentially you can still stay right and then you fly back into time, so you don't really you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, Yeah home, Yeah, I know that is nice even think about that.
Speaker 1: But the other way around for me would be kind of difficult. But you know, we'll play it by ear. We'll see how it happens.
Speaker 2: I know when I flew there the other week, it took a whole day off my life, but then when.
Speaker 1: You went back, I gained my whole day back exactly. So you know, so if you got practice at eleven am, you leave here at five, you go get there by ten.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, So make it for practice. Don't worry, Yeah, don't worry.
Speaker 2: But we don't know who our coaches are even by the.
Speaker 3: End of the week. I don't know if it'll be announced.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was one thing that Shannon had asked me because she wasn't sure because she like, obviously you know, she wouanted to know who was her superior, right, And that's what you didn't know because she had asked me.
Speaker 2: There's some ideas, but nothing solidified yet, so I won't speak on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I saw the video that you and Carly had did for the.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 3: We're going to see some people, We're going to meet our team. It's so fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the scooter in the video of the vespa is mine and that is like how I get around my little area. So like the people were like, oh, you should just ride the scooter, and I was like okay, And so then the little footage of me on the scooter going out, and then I rode to Carly's house picked up and then we met our whole team at the beach house that that they want us to meet at Carly's family friend.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was so cute and I really like, I really like our team. I think it'll be a fun vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very excited, but like if also Vespa, if you're listening, I could use another one.
Speaker 3: Plug it here, plug it here.
Speaker 1: I rode on the back when I'm there, So I would prefer a bigger seat for this bad ass in the bag. Maddie needs a bigger helmet for her head.
Speaker 2: But its yeah mm hmm, yeah, well your head's getting smaller with all the surgeries.
Speaker 1: It was my my head meet the best story.
Speaker 2: Yes, you told me when your sister text you or told you you were losing your head meat she said.
Speaker 1: She's like, yeah, I can see your school Like damn bitch, Like I'm going through it, Like can you not?
Speaker 3: It was like the lowest low to Yeah.
Speaker 1: She was like yeah. She was like, you ain't got no hit meet. My brother was like, yeah, I can see your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Shut up.
Speaker 1: See this is what it's like being in the black community and going through things. You know what I mean, Like they make fun of you to make you feel better, you know. He's like, yeah, I can see what you're already thinking, Like shut up. Fuck both of y'all. Actually like, how about that, Jean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're just trying to make your head smaller because it was actually getting too bad.
Speaker 1: Well, I had just I just got my weight back and so hopefully I can keep it now, even off the surgery. I don't. It'll be fine. It's gonna be fine. So yeah, whatever, Okay, But anyways, but I would like to say, yes, just some little advice for Calarly, Well, for you, take care of my girl.
Speaker 3: That's all I want to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and season she needs like lots of love and lots of like you know, oh, so take care of her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, you will.
Speaker 1: Big enough to cry on for sure.
Speaker 3: That's all I get. Yeah, lots of love.
Speaker 1: Hey, mom, Now that I have an after school job, I think I want to buy a drum kit.
Speaker 3: Okay, rock Star, let's look at your account.
Speaker 4: When kids start making money, Chase has easy to use tools and expert bankers to help them learn how.
Speaker 1: To manage it.
Speaker 3: And next month I'll buy the bass drum in the symbols. Oh and maybe some noise canceling headphones for you. Ah, You've thought of everything.
Speaker 4: Help kids save budget and build financial independence, all with Chase. That's good for kids. And good for parents. Visit your local Chase branch and get started.
Speaker 1: Account subject to approval JP Morgan Chase Bank and a member of FDIC.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we can talk about as of today, we're recording who we know is on certain rosters.
Speaker 1: Oh, Tia is staying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tia and p are staying in Atlanta, which is awesome.
Speaker 3: I love p Yeah. Yeah, she's so fun. Okay.
Speaker 2: And then your team, well, your ex team is keeping a lot of same players. Yeah, my Libarrow from last year's going there, Little Lauren, I love her.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. And she's also a training on the messal team right now too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's I feel like.
Speaker 1: Eric, that's a cheat, Like, how do you Eric's training with most of his girls that he will compete with in the love season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a great question that you're putting on the table. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's fair or not. I'm just saying, don't shoot the messenger.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well, I think in some in some countries, you can't the head coach of the national team, can't coach in that country, can't be a head coach of a pro team in the same country. Mhm, which I think is honestly a decent rule because then stuff like that doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: But what do I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got Claire choon Say who was at Madison last year. We got Brooke Millaviller, who was at super Novous last year.
Speaker 3: Yah coming over from MLV A fellow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really insane. The internet is crazy. Everyone's going crazy on it. I know there's been something said and I'm like, people are crazy.
Speaker 2: What was the most loco I'll say the most loco thing that you see, Like.
Speaker 1: Not loco, but like people are just like I don't know, they're just good things are bad things. I guess, like I guess bad. I guess too. This is a little bit of both. So no one cares then, but it's something interesting I think. I think also, like people were saying how they feel like Love was like poaching players from MLV. I'm like, no, to dever to poach players, you gotta have given them bread, and there's no way they're breaking more money, like Brooke coming to Love making way more money she's making Super Novo.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I have no idea about any of that, but like, if your choice is to play high level volleyball, I'm gonna be a little biased and say you would be in the correct league now.
Speaker 1: Now, So with that being said, that being said, Okay, for me, there's no down for MLB. I think MLB is a great great everybody may exactly it's perfect, but I feel like the levels are just different, you know what I mean, Like when you're competing against you know, Jordan Larson every other night, or Jordan Thompson every other night, you know, Madison Skinner every other night, the level is different, you know what I mean, Like you have Olympic players training the national team gym that are all in the same league across the board. On top of really good foreign best Dick can say, you can actually say best players in their position in the world of playing in this league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would agree with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that it's yeah, you can't for anybody who's like comparing the level of the two leagues. I just don't think that it's a fair argument at this point.
Speaker 1: So you want to hear my I want to hear my example. Sure, So again, I have said this before, and I will say I'm dying on this heel. Okay, I can give okay, best I can give the NBA has a G League. Yes, the levels are both good. When I watch the G League game sometimes, you know, they have some phenomenal basketball players. I'm talking about guys that are on the cups that definitely could be playing in the NBA, you know what I mean. For sure, there's guys that bounce around from G League teams into the big teams. You know, like there was one guy last season that was going from the sup from the Spurs G League team to the big team, up and down throughout the season. I think G League gives me All Star. I'm talking like they dunkin, not a lot of the defense, a lot of offense. It's very like boom boom bam MLV. It's very MLB for me, is very flashy because the block isn't discipline. You know, they have a lot more opportunities to have. You know, middles get faked out holes in the block, blocks being set up all over the place. When I watched the games, I'm like, this kill was insane, but the block had three feet of a hole in because the middle was late to it.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. Yeah, you're one on one a lot. It feels good. Yeah, you get like a lot of.
Speaker 1: It's really flashy, big kills, big blocks. Love is not like that. It's like, yeah, you may get those opportunities like slim chants like sometimes, but the block is solid, it's big, and it's yeah, it's literally trained, like we train to block specific players because you have to. You can't go on and just being like, oh, let's just take her line when she's diverse and has both you know what I mean? Like, so I compared it to those two things. No, again, it's still like, no, there's a great G League, still great, great players, but the level is just different for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then like a lot of players go through the G League, they develop, and then you go to the NBA.
Speaker 3: There you go. Yeah yeah, so yeah, similar vibe, I would agree. So and that's our two cents.
Speaker 1: That's just our two cents. For me, it's like who's gonna who? Who won't fight me? Nobody, But I'm just saying, you know, you can argue about it if you want to and say whatever, but that's just like the best way I can because for me, it's like Americans are just now getting to getting into high level volleyball and what that looks like, you know, and I can't stand when they say things like a bast certain player or like oh, she's the best player in the world, and we know it's not, you know, because we know who those bar and they're not. They're not they're not here yet, they're not here yet, you know.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, that grinds my gears truly.
Speaker 1: Even love. We have phenomenal some athletes, we do have our prime time best in the world. But there when you say someone's best in the world, and when you know you have Vargas who's probably the best, and the who's yeah, they're the best opposites top one and two in the world. You can't say you're the best opposite in the world when you got there over there, fucking yeah, slang in you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And if you have laid over there or you have played against them, yeah, then I think you you can't say it.
Speaker 1: And I think America does a really good job of hip too. They'll believe that ship like they say, the best in the world, best in the world. You also have to have some kind of accountability and be like, okay, let me be let me be humble, you know, right, jump.
Speaker 2: In some areas, But yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, anyway, Okay, let's move on. Who are where were we at?
Speaker 1: Where are we off?
Speaker 3: On our tangent?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, Houston is keeping a lot of their same team for the most part.
Speaker 3: Jordan Mica.
Speaker 2: Justine's coming back from having her baby, which is so awesome. Amber will be there. She's coming off an injury, but I think she'll bounce back quick.
Speaker 3: Jess Karen. They're solid. They'll be really solid this year. I think the many good.
Speaker 2: Players, yes you guys truly showing up to practice every day for me was like the highlight of my day.
Speaker 3: You know. People are like I have to go to work.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I get to go to practice like with all of my friends, and it was just so much fun. So yeah, I'll miss them a lot. I'll miss my coach, Sonya, my dog. I really loved her, and just all of our stuff. I feel like we just had such a good like group of people and everybody was like truly cared for each other and like really looked out for each other, and we built I feel like we built something really really special last year specifically, so it.
Speaker 3: Was fun to be a part of. So I'll miss that.
Speaker 2: But hopefully with La we can do something similar. But yeah, it was a good group and I just loved Houston.
Speaker 3: Honestly. Before moving there, I was like, Houston, I don't know. My father like as my father in law, it is like, you've been to Houston before, right, He.
Speaker 2: Used to do like work trips there, and he was like, ah, worst city ever.
Speaker 3: I never want to have to go back there.
Speaker 2: And I was like what he's talking for like five minutest of how much he disliked Houston, and I was like, oh, man, like I've already signed this contract, like I'm going. And then after living there, I was like, this was one of my favorite places to live. So Houston. Yeah, it was so fun and I just had a good community there. So yeah, I'll miss it for sure, but I'll visit.
Speaker 1: She'll be back because Houston is Houston is in the Western Conference, so I'm sure you'll. If you guys are.
Speaker 3: Playing be a spot at off the Record, I'll be back. Oh not off the record. I'm sad.
Speaker 2: I know there was one night specifically where Kat do we play against you guys and then you stayed yeah yeah, and then we went to this like really great place called off the Record. They have like R and B music and Cat got in a dance battle with somebody on the dance It was like, what's the movie.
Speaker 1: You Got served?
Speaker 3: It was like you got served?
Speaker 2: Kat is like dance battling against somebody and then they start like hitting an extra move and then Kat was like, uh uh, Kat hits this great dance move and then fully hits the splits.
Speaker 3: In the middle of.
Speaker 1: This, y'all talk about people's phones are out. There's light splashing. Yeah, that once I hate. Everybody was like, it's sober.
Speaker 3: And then we're telling the story and everybody was like, Maddie, do you have a video? Do you have a video?
Speaker 2: Like phones are out this and I was like, I was so like hyping Cat up in the moment.
Speaker 3: I was like, what, no phone out?
Speaker 1: That's how you Yes, exactly, It's all up here though.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I love that day. Good core memory right there. Oh also Jordan Larsen coming out of retirement girl you are yes, hey girl.
Speaker 1: I thought when she threw that rich ass party, that party looked insane. I was just like, damn retirement party. Now, yeah, I was like, she really is good.
Speaker 2: Now going out with the band and then coming back with a bigger band came back with a bigger band. Okay, hey, if you could still do it, props to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm giving it. I'm giving it this season, the next season, and I'm out. Oh you called it now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, now, I'll be at your retirement party.
Speaker 2: So they have heard Lexi Rodriguez coming back, Julia san Jacamo from Atlanta.
Speaker 3: That's a good pickup for them. Rebecca Alec going back.
Speaker 1: To her not surprising, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Also Nazi Valentine.
Speaker 2: Says she's going to settle her love her one of the best teammates I've ever had. Any trades that surprised you, I think the four from Houston to Salt Lake honestly were like pretty shocking to me. But yeah, I didn't realize that half our team would go.
Speaker 1: Experience your experience and what they're looking for. I think some girls are actually looking for like playing time, so you don't want to play behind someone really big if you're trying to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Kind of moves some stuff too. So anyways, any additional information you want to find on these rosters, you guys can go to love dot com.
Speaker 3: You welcome, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Okay, and now just bonus question. What team is shaping up to be one of the big dogs. Who are you not looking forward to playing against?
Speaker 1: I would say, now, looking forward to playing against you guys, I will say that, yeah, be a good team. I feel like, yeah, I think you guys are gonna be really good team. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's because we'll have good players and just like really good.
Speaker 2: Energy yeah yeah, and good vibes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll count for a lot. But I'm also looking forward to those phone calls I'm gonna get from me too, So I can't wait. Yeah, I can't wait. But I would say you guys are gonna be good for sure.
Speaker 2: I would say, you guys, I think a sneaky one is gonna be Madison because also they got Montano.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lauren Carlyn.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be deadly mm and they have Timmy and Anaho Oh yeah. I think they'll be a silent killer this year. And that's my opinion.
Speaker 3: And that's my opinion. That's my opinion.
Speaker 2: Well, stay tuned, everybody. I think rosters are going to be all out by the time this airs, hopefully, and people will have to let us know what they think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give us the scoop of what you guys, what's the team? What's the two teams that you guys want to see compete head to head? Who going to dictate off roster's pick?
Speaker 3: Who's going to be in the finals?
Speaker 2: Miami and Los Angeles because of me and Car.
Speaker 3: And Goto and oh I love that?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I think that's all you have for today. Yeah, it's great to see your face.
Speaker 1: Always good to see you. I'll probably have seen you in next few weeks for six Man. Who knows. We'll see what happens after this.
Speaker 2: Maybe we have to do like a special six Man episode. Yeah, good luck with your surgery.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that'd be so fun, like filming together. I want to do an episode filming together. It's the last, the last episode.
Speaker 2: It will be Oh that could be fun to feel we do it at six Man.
Speaker 3: Okay, that could be good.
Speaker 1: You imagine is walking off our mics and our phones, like because the mice connect to the phones as well.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd be great.
Speaker 3: The full microphone, this whole.
Speaker 1: Big Yeah, that's what this. The thing is the cord that sucks, but you.
Speaker 3: Can get a mini one anyway.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all we have for you today, this has beand Serving Pancakes.
Speaker 3: I'm Mattie rachel and I'm Cat Bell and we'll catch you on the side.
Speaker 1: Clock. Serving Pancakes is an iHeart women's sports production and partnership with Deep Blue Sports Entertainment. You can find us on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast, or wherever you get your podcast. Production by League one Volleyball, We're your host, Cat Bell and Mattie Rachelle see you on the flip side.