Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, Welcome to the Buck Brief. In this episode, we're joined by our friend David Efoon. He is the publisher of the New York Son, which I recommend to you and tell you that you should subscribe to. David, Thanks for being here. Let's dive into the situation right now of the multi day ceasefire hostage exchanges. Tell me what's going on with this Israel Hamas war as we sit here and we're as up to date as we can be.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, obviously following the horrendous, I mean unspeakable attack of October seventh, that's been a very obvious and clear shift in the Israeli mentality of the defense establishment, certainly across the nation, where you know, after years of thinking about dealing with some of its most dangerous enemy in terms of containment, now it's all about preemption and eliminating threats where they are. And obviously, first and foremost, the nation has turned its attention to the Hamas threat in the southwest of the country in Gaza, it took a little bit of time to get the strategy together, but they've gone in. Now they have Hamas against the ropes in avery in a very tough spot, which is exactly where they want them to be. And you know, as a product of that, you know, Harmas has really been begging for a ceasefire, if you will, and you can see that by the terms in which they have come to Israel, where they're now sort of taking the opportunity to release prisoners at a slow drip, release hostages sorry that they had seized from southern Israel, including a lot of women and children, mothers and grandmothers and grandfathers, in exchange for pauses in the fighting, which I think at this age Hamas sees as being an existential matter. So these Radis are concerned. You know, obviously, it's a democratic country. They answer to the people, including the families of the hostages, and even though this presents for them a military setback, they're prepared to allow it in order to be able to release as many of those innocent civilians as possible. And I think we'll we'll see this go for as long as Israel feels like it can bring back civilians out of harm's way, and then we're going to see all hell break loose again and the final and hopefully complete demolition of Hamas as a governing and military entity.
Speaker 2: Is their unity in Israel behind net and Yahoo on this mission to destroy Hamas as an entity in a way that there similarly was broad unity in the US after nine to eleven to destroy al Qaeda and finemin Laden.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I mean, look, there is a huge amount of frustration with the government over how this was able to happen in the first place, and the response and this and that, and basically everybody who's in any kind of position of leadership or punishment or leadership or responsibility is going to be punished by the electorate. I mean, it's hard to see a way out of this. In the end of the day, the buck stops with Niahu and the military establishment, and you know they will pay the price for it eventually. In terms of the objectives of this war, you know, it's it's it's hard to sort of understate just how unified the country is. I mean, you do see a lot of international calls for a permanent ceasefire or you know, hopefully the ceasefire can be extended. It's just not going to happen. You know, the folks who are saying things like that, talking about you know, I saw a BBC political correspondent talking about how Europreme pressure is going to be so much on Israel they won't be able to stay. The Israelis. Do not give a fake what the Belgians or the Spanish or the Irish chef to say. You know, this is about their security. It's ex ebstential. And you know, the Hummus has really sort of poked a sleeping bearness, sleeping giant. Any government leader or military leader who wants to slow down, you know, this goal of complete definition demolition of Hummus is going to get handed out of office.
Speaker 2: From our sponsor. This could not come in a better time in our society. Well, speaking of a new company with a new membership officer, it's from a company called Patriot Defender. It's legal defense for you and me, the kind we need most. It's no cost legal defense to protect your rights, freedom's reputation, and way of life. If you speak up at a school board meeting about vaccine mandates and suffer consequences, your legal defense is covered. If you're right to free speech is denied, you suffer consequences, your legal defense is covered. The company is called Patriot Defender. Their website is patriotdefender dot com. Very soon they'll be able to provide this membership in your state if they're not already able to do so. Patriot Defender will provide both open and concealed carry self defense, and you're right to defend yourself and your family when you need to. They'll provide you with IRS audit assistance. So many amazing benefits from Patriot Defender. If your business, your income, or your reputation are harmed due to weaponization of government entities, we've seen plenty of that going on, you now have a no cost defense from Patriot Defender if you become a member. I'm such a believer in this kind of defense. I'm actually a partner in this business. That's how much I believe what Patriot Defender's doing. The website is patriot defender dot com. Patriot Defender the only membership that goes beyond just defense for concealed carry weapons. Patriot Defender will cover what others want to protect you, your family, and your livelihood. It's amazing patriotdefender dot com. How has it gone so far in terms of the Israeli expectation of the resistance they would get from Hamas and the speed with which they would be able to roll up different elements of that terrorist entity. Is this more or less what was expected? Has it been tougher fighting? How would you assess that?
Speaker 1: Look, there were obviously major military failures that led to the attack itself, but ever since that point, the Israelis have fought like lions and brilliantly and have been incredibly effective. You know, the last time they went into Gaza was twenty fourteen, and you know, casualties were a lot higher than they than they would have liked. I mean, obviously they don't want any casualties, but higher than they would have liked and higher than they expected. See, the Israelis have had about nine years to think and plan and strategize and build technologies that are specifically designed for exactly this theater of combat. And you can see now they've learned a great deal and they put in who act into into action. And no, I don't know how much time we have. Obviously there's a lot you can go into. But one example is and not a lot of people know this. The Iron Dome missile defense system is quite famous for intercepting every single that's rarely armored vehicle, including the America of Ar four BARAQ tanks that came into operation earlier this year and the NAMA APCs that are the two main vehicles that Israel is operating in the Gars of Strip. Every single one of them is fit is fitted with a mini iron Dome system, you know, the joint jointly developed with the Americans. Americans call it the Trophy system, and it's on many ABRAMS tanks as well. The Israelis called it the Windbreaker, but it intercepts RPGs and other projectiles and that's saved you know, countless lives, you know, in the Gars of Strip. But on top of that, I mean just the most advanced technologies. You know, some of these tanks have three hundred and sixty degree digital ai a I inspired and optimized battlefield management systems. I mean, you know, really smart, sophisticated stuff. And at the same time, I think what the Israelis have realized and in this they've sort of taken a page out of Alexander the Great Book, and you know, They've used quite a few battle strategies that were made popular by Alexander the Great and had studied at West Point, at San Jas and other military colleges. You know. One of them was this idea divide Gaza into and go straight for the command center. That was a a strategy Alexander deployed against the Persians Derias. But the other one is that they understand that Hamas needs to be on all the time and they can take their time to a taxi. You see, had this three week pause at the beginning where Hamas needed to be on twenty four hours a day. Israel was sort of resting its troops, you know, taking the time to get its forces and battle strategy in place, but at the same time depleting Hamas Amasa's reserves. So now you know, because Israel has let a lot of supplies in due to this deal, the hostage deal, so you may see that they again sort of go back to the siege, take their time to let Hamas reserves deplete, and then you know, strike again with full force. You know, shortly after.
Speaker 2: That, David, when we look at the end goal here in Gaza, what do what do you think that will be meaning we know that success is the destruction of Hamas. What comes after Hamas in Gaza? Who's in charge? Who runs this place? Or what does it look like? What happens?
Speaker 1: Look I had a piece about this in Thermals Street Journal a couple of weeks ago. I was there in two thousand and five when Israel with forcefully Withdrewid citizens in the Gaza strip. I saw it first hand. I heard what people were saying at the time. Israeli's wanted to give it a shot. I mean, Israeli people are desperate for peace, They're desperate to give piece of chance. And you know, there was certainly a case to be made that you know, this would create a new opportunity for Palestinians. You know, they left a lot of economic infrastructure, their agricultural infrastructure, greenhouses, you know, and it was all destroyed. Her must took over within a couple of years. And now this is the fifth war against Israel that they that they've launched, you know, not to mention, you know, tens of thousands of missiles. So the Israelis have learned their lesson. You know, they cannot risk the possibility that this goes back to what it had become. You know, people have spoken about putting the pasting and authority in charge. Well we tried that before and Hamas knocked them out soon after. I don't think the areas are going to rely on international forces. You know, international forces are pretty much as good. You know, it's useful. You know, they're useful until basically a gun is pointed at them and then they run. We've seen that happen many times in the past. So the only option, the way that I see it now that Israelis consider is as rarely control of the Strip, and you know they're not new to it as well, control the Strip since ninety sixty seven. Sometimes it was you know, they allowed certain degrees of autonomy or self governance, you know, but non military and obviously controlling the borders. But you know, I don't see that the Israelis will allow anything else at this point. You know, that's what you're going to see for the foreseeable future, until some viable alternative becomes available. There certainly isn't one right now.
Speaker 2: David, I want to ask you about this Washington Post report from over the weekend that Biden a few weeks back was behind closed doors apologizing to Muslim leaders in the US. So we're going to dive into the politics of this. In just a second, we're speaking to Dovidafoon, publisher of the New York Sun. Come back in a moment. We're living in an artificial intelligence world. Now it's becoming embedded in so many of the devices we use, the websites and apps we visit. Look at all the attention focused on the departure of the CEO of Open AI and chat GBT over the past five days, and that company has been in existence for just about a year. AI is here to stay, with companies starting to really benefit from their technology innovations, and so will investors. Tech expert Colin Tedards believes this is the beginning of a new era that could make you wealthy. When the market hit rock bottom in November twenty twenty two, Colin recommended shares of a top software company. This top software company is up over two hundred percent since then. Anyone who listened to Colin had a chance to more than double their money in less than a year. But now he's recommending a new AI company that he says could do even better, and he says he's found a way for you to profit from this new AI project right from your brokerage account. The details are online find this website newaiproject dot com. Newaiproject dot com paid for by Brownstone Research. All right, David, why would Biden feel the need to apologize to Muslim American leaders behind closed doors at the White House for overly doubting Hamas based casualty figures.
Speaker 1: Look, Biden's a politician, and a pretty slimmy one at that. And this is what Simi. Politicians do. You know, they speak out of the two sides of their mouths. They say to their audiences what they think their audiences are going to want to hear. And you know, I wouldn't be surprised that this is exactly what is that play over here. You know, the question of civilian casualties in Garza is a big question because effectively it's the most potent tool that Hamas has against Israel right now. You know, claim that the damage is so enormous, so disapprotionate, that the humanitarian disaster is so extreme beyond anything that any Western country has ever done before to protect its citizens and try and externally induce a degree of international pressure that forces Israel into halting its campaign against Hamas and Gaza. This is their strategy, it's their only game, it's their only advantage. What's shocking is just how many supposedly you know, let's say, clear thinking or or or or at least you know, entities that are supposed to be responsible, are just swallowing this Humas propaganda hook line and sinker. And you're talking about yes, international world leaders from a lot of different countries, international organizations, supposed to human rights groups, age scroups, journalists, celebrities. I mean, god, you've got to see what Hollywood has come up with. But in the end of the day, this is just Hamas propaganda. There is no and I mean none is zero, none at all verification for these numbers. There's no source for these numbers outside of Hamas. And you know, the New York Times has put together this, you know, extensive article over the weekend, which you know, uses all kinds of smoke and mirrors to try and lead the reason reader to believe that they have any more information. But of the day, they just don't. And there are some very obvious questions that need to be asked about these numbers, and nobody nobody that I've seen in the Western press that the big newspapers of record are asking these very obvious questions. And you know, the question. I can go through some of them if we have time for that, but the question of why is a big one that a lot of people are wondering. And you know, it explains why distrust in news publications in America today is at historic loads, and it's just being reinforced at a moment like this when there are obvious truths, obvious questions that are being so brazenly and blatantly ignored, you know, in the service of a certain narrative, in a certain perspective, which those publications of record favor.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's what you mentioned, the so called publications of record, dovid and for the left and the political elite in this country, those would generally be New York Times, Washington Post, and a handful of others. And what we've seen is an effort on their on their side to be I guess they would call it even handed when it comes to believing, say, Israeli government information and believing Hamas provided information. What's interesting to me is, I remember during the Trump administration, the Washington Post The New York Times, both from the newsroom as well as the editorial page, openly saying that what we have to be effectively anti Trump, because to be for the truth is to be anti Trump. Well, I mean it would seem that Hamas would certainly fall in the category of maybe the truth isn't on their side either, folks.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's exactly right, and it's the reason why the trust of these publications, you know, really that really is in the toilet. I mean, there are so many dis solvious questions. I mean, I must puts out numbers. It makes no distinction between civilians and terrorists that would kill I mean, is the New York Times even going to ask, you know, how many of these deaths were militants versus citizens, I mean, as civilians. Beyond that, I mean, it's just you know, I interviewed some folks who were involved in processing the bodies that were brought in, you know, after the terror attack that I must committed against Israels in southern Israel. They were brought to a central base in Ramla Shura base it's called it's run by the IDs chief Rabbinet, and you know, they had a morgue that contained that space about two hundred bodies, so you know, twelve hundred victims. They had to bring in ten shipping containers shipping containers just to hold the bodies for processing. Right, and here you have claims that ten, eleven, twelve times the amount dead of victims of bodies you know, are in Gaza, and Israel is responsible for it. Has anybody seen has anybody seen a morgue where the bodies are stored? Has anybody seen the graves? I mean, we've seen some pictures of maybe a couple of dozen or one hundred bodies being buried in a mass grave, But I mean, these numbers are so enormous, you know, it's impossible that if they exist, there shouldn't be some visualization of them that the world press and international bodies or human rights groups or the New York Times can gain access to. And if they're not asking these questions, you know, it's clear that they don't have an interest in the truth.
Speaker 2: That would seem to be where we are with some of these entities that they perhaps they view their obligation to take the side of the so called victimized. In the case of Palestinians, they somehow the victimization of is really Jews doesn't factor into this equation for them, But they're willing to excuse so much and even lie about things in order to take aside in this Dovid speaking of excusing abhorrent and the inexcusable atrocities the college campus stuff that we've seen in terms of support for the Palestinians, I want to ask your opinion on this, and basically we'll come to this in a moment. Are you surprised or did you expect this kind of a reaction to what we see going on over there on US campuses. We'll get to that in a moment. You can determine whether the towels on your next hotel room stay are any good within just a few seconds of using them. It's hard to determine that in a store. They might feel soft for the touch, but are they absorbent? I mean you got to use them to know.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: When you buy new towels from my Pillow, they come with a sixty day money back guarantee. Their new line of my Towels is made with a cotton that's absorbent and soft. But the proof is in the usage and That's why you're given two months to try them and make sure they're perfect for you. You won't need that two month period, but you have it just in case. You can get a six piece set for an amazing introductory sale price as low as twenty nine to ninety eight with my name as the promo code Buck. You can get the Designer Premium Line Premium Line for just twenty dollars more no matter what set you just side on. That's fifty percent in savings. To find this offer, just go to my pillow dot com click on the radio listener special Square. Check out the new my Towel six piece towels and get fifty percent in savings. Remember enter promo code buck for the special and many more. That's my pillow dot com. Click on the radio listener special Square. Enter promo code b U c K. I have these towles at home. They are amazing, all right, David. The college campus pro Palestinian thing where there they got kids chanting from the river to the sea and all this stuff. I've known there's been this affinity on campuses for the Palestinian cause, the same way that you have idiots walking around who are you know, big supporters of like climate change and the LGBTQ plus agenda with Chay Gavara shirts on. You know, they maybe just don't know, they're deeply ignorant, and so they think that Jay Gavar, the Communists would have somehow been their friend. But with the Palestinian issue, I mean, after the mass terror attack against Israelis, for college kids to be walking around so desperately supporting Hamas, surprised when you see this expected and how did this happen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not surprised. And you know, there are sort of ideological underpinnings frankly that run you know, from from Hamas in Gaza, you know, straight to the center of our most elite college campuses. And you know, if you have to sort of put a finger on it, you know what it boils down to is, you know, whether you sort of view the world through the lens of victim victim hood victims and oppressors, of course, or you know, through through the lens of of you know, responsibility, right, the culture of victimhod and the culture of responsibility in the end of the day, the American way, the Israeli whey, certainly the Judeo Christian way is a culture of responsibility. It means building a better future. The culture of victimhood, which says, you know, the whole world is the divided into victims and oppressors. It's obviously prelevant, im prevalent in Palestinian society and also prevalent on American college campuses that you know, you don't have responsibility for your own future. You can't do anything about and you can't do anything about it. It's just about finding somebody to blame and and you know, tearing them down effectively. And it's interesting, you know, to look at the dynamic. You know, we've heard this from a lot of folks, even frankly from I saw the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staffs in the United States, this idea that terrorism is a product of hardship, it's a product of persecution, it's a product difficulty. I mean, you know this from from your background. I mean, someone in Laden was a wealthy guy. You know, he came from from an affluent everyone background. I mean, and you know, if you compare sort of the response that the Palestinians have had, you know, nationally, to the hardship that they've been through to you know, the hardship for example, that Jews who were sort of persecuted in Arab countries and were forced into Israel. You know, it's a very very different mentality. You know, I don't see Holocaust survivors going and blowing themselves up, you know, massacring or raping German women for example. You know, it's it's a mindset and it runs, it's a cultural mindset and it runs, you know, straight from Gaza, you know, to the center of American college campuses. I don't want to say that every individual Palestinian holds holds these views. I mean, there are a lot of Palestinians who want a better future, who, if you gave them a choice, would rather live in Israel and become part of a free society. You're seeing a ton of Palestinians now in the Gaza strip, now that Hamasa's stranglehold on the strip is weakening. Talking about you know, how terrible Hamas is. But you know, there is certainly an overarching theme that is taught in the Palestinian institutions that mirrors almost precisely the theme that is taught you know, in sort of the woke you know, anti racism. If you want to call it tradition on American college campuses. So you know, in that sense there's a very strong thread that ties them together and there should be no surprises at all that you know. This message is resonating, you know, from the middle of Gaza to the middle of Harvard.
Speaker 2: You know, David Ifoo and everybody. David's the publisher of New York Sun. Go to n y s u N dot com New York Sun. Peace up right now. If this pause in the Gaza conflict is allowed to turn into a durable ceasefire, it would be a decisive defeat for Israel. That's by Conrad Black. Great stuff up at the New York Son, David, appreciate you being with me, my friend.
Speaker 1: Good to see you. Always a pleasure book.
Speaker 2: All right, that was great man, Thanks so much. I'll let you know what it's out, probably be tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. Thank you. Rich out that in Florida.
Speaker 2: Florida's good, man, Florida's good. Do you ever make it down here.
Speaker 1: I think we can have an upbassl party. Actually, but it's it's on. It would