Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's me Matt Rogers, letting you know. Tickets are on sale now to see me on tour, the Prince of Christmas Tour, that is, I'm doing my whole album have you Heard of Christmas? Plus a lot more with the whole band all throughout December. Go to www dot Matt rodgersoficial dot com to see me in a city near you. And now Lost culch drums look mare, oh, I see you my own and look over there is that culture. Yes, goodness wow, Lost Culture ding dong, Lost Cultureista calling you know. I want to just call out. This is not a visual medium. Well, it is for the people that are going to watch the YouTube, but most people, I think, listen to this podcast on their favorite podcast streamer or whatever that is. You know what, wherever you listen too. I believe the phrase.
Speaker 2: Wherever you listen to podcasts, which could be the app, could be the location specially for you on the tilet could be at the.
Speaker 1: Gym where whatever you are right now, know that where I am is sitting in this red chair and I'm wearing the Lisa Barlow shirt that I referenced last week, Burnt Orange.
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me. My color blindness has reared its ugly head again. So the reason why I'm even wearing this is because I couldn't wear it last because it wasn't purple. We wanted to wear purple for the Catherine Haun episode. And now here I am in it again. What color is it? That's light blue? Perfect? And I'm sitting in this chair. You're telling me is burnt orange? Can I get some? And is it like, definitely not red?
Speaker 2: Definitely not red? It's a rust color.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm so sorry. You look at this and you say it's definitely not red. The tech this is the same as that shit to me, I'm so sorry. Wow, it's really bad. Is it getting worse?
Speaker 2: You never have to get drafted?
Speaker 1: This is it. It's a good thing. And you know what, with the way this country is going, they might bring back the draft. And who are we going to war with this time? Ourselves? Ourselves hopefully honestly, maybe our guest today, maybe our guy, because we we've actually brought in people that are better at this than us.
Speaker 2: That's true, That's that was my main takeaway.
Speaker 1: Listening to the whole time, I'm just shaking my head like I'm sitting on the side of the draft like, oh myself. The better hotter version wait, the better, hotter, cooler, more relevant version of has come more carried back. I'm like forty nine minutes.
Speaker 4: Listen to us, just dron on already.
Speaker 1: This is too long. We've been sitting here for an hour and a half. Time doesn't make any sense. This chair isn't even red. Don't tell me about anything and how it makes sense to you. I don't can al.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you something. What Taylor's album It's called Burnt Orange.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 4: It hasn't been called time. I love that for her.
Speaker 1: I know burnt Orange Orange. Yeah, loving you was burnt Orange? What that means about loving you?
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: You know what lyric in that song I always kind of hate And I will say this publicly and Taylor please just receive this.
Speaker 1: It's that Taylor would be listening.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's solving a crossword puzzle and realizing there's no right answer. That's not how crossword puzzles work. There usually is a right answer, I think by design. But maybe once in like the whole like five thousand year history of the New York Times has there been a crossword puzzle where it's like, oh, nothing's supposed to go in these boxes, which probably.
Speaker 1: Just means the person that created it fucked it up. Will Schwartz, Oh my god. You know his name is one of the editors.
Speaker 2: I don't know him, but he's These names are really kind of in our everyday lives.
Speaker 1: Now, why know you?
Speaker 2: Everyone really takes issue with her everybody now and Connections.
Speaker 4: Well that's people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a lot of opinions about the connection.
Speaker 2: I took a picture on my way here last time we were, we shot in here of me like flipping off the New York Times building because I flopped at Connections that day. And then people really got defensive over the New York Times and they're okay, they're fine. You don't have to cape for them, truly, we we love them, but you don't have to blow up my DM know you, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Love love the New York Times. It's it's okay, it's okay. You know. I am a Daily the Daily Listener, and some people out there in the dark really connected with me, calling it the scariest horror podcast that's out there, The Daily Ist, scarier than any true crime podcast in existence and it's Real Culture number ninety one The Daily scarier than any true crime.
Speaker 2: Podcast in existence, but not better, funnier, hotter, cooler than the podcast that our guests host.
Speaker 1: And let me say this, as lovers, we brought in some haters. No can I say. I feel that they are haters, and I know they identify as such. But I think that if we're haters, it's because we love so hard. Like I'm like, I'm a Katie Perry hater right now because you love her, because I am so disappointed. I know at least one half of this Drew I was going to agree with me hardcore on that one.
Speaker 2: And I am a I am a chopped hater, but I have been kind of proselytized because one of our guests loves it, loves chop, loves chop, pervers it over speak green but not not over dig.
Speaker 1: Not overdig.
Speaker 4: No is so good.
Speaker 1: There's totally okay, It's time to bring them in. Okay.
Speaker 2: These are these are our two favorite writers, are two favorite people to run into at a party. Literally, anytime I see them at a function, I go, thank God, I've never run into them. A pologart just you wait, that's New York.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 2: You're not in New York until you see these two people out of poppy juice juice.
Speaker 4: Oh, I love it.
Speaker 1: Has that? Has that gone down? I think it's gone down. Yes. This is such a huge day for podcasting too, because we're recording this on the day that a podcasting legend has been voted out first from Survivor. Oh we are so, We're so proud of you. You're so proud of you. You jumped off that screen boo.
Speaker 2: Andy is unfortunately clinical and that's all we can say about you this present season.
Speaker 1: It just started. So they're going to get into Survivor season forty seven, and you're going to get into them right now on this episode. Please welcome into your ear is.
Speaker 4: Paintings that hundred.
Speaker 1: Just honestly, it.
Speaker 4: Would be so cool of you guys to not not anything.
Speaker 3: Just no, that is our podcast actually most mostly silence and posing and taking Well.
Speaker 2: You guys actually justify the visual component to the podcast, which is there. There is a lot of nonverbal stuff happening, and like it is about like watching like reactions that are like beyond words.
Speaker 5: I think that's true. Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh, because you always queen for like the craziest stuff for.
Speaker 2: Dropped, talking about Dropped and like and you went recently?
Speaker 5: I did. I had lunch from Dropped, but.
Speaker 1: The one that just opened in Brooklyn. I live right by it. The day opened.
Speaker 3: I ordered it on posting sectually because idn't feel like walking over there.
Speaker 2: But and how close were you? I'm for green Okay, yes, it's not not not not far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it was a discounts it was.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, what did you get? Well what I always get Mexico. I'm not a child. I'm getting here a line. I'm adding avocado.
Speaker 3: I'm auting chicken of course, salt and pepper, heavy on the pepper. And if I'm feeling crazy like a scallion or like maybe even like a what are those girls in there, like the little like toasted onion things that they have? Yeah, and if I'm feeling like hunted, I'm getting you heard me?
Speaker 1: A wrap? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no, the wraps are bad there. Yes, I went for the first time. I was coming out of LaGuardia.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, you're an airport.
Speaker 5: Well, I was on my way home and I said, you know, I'm beel a.
Speaker 1: Little hungry hunted, I'm not getting wrap.
Speaker 5: I was like, I should there's a chop right there. I'm seeing a celebrity. I should go. I fully walked past and said, no, I need to like hold out, and then I walked back around and said, I'm going to the chopped. It's happening today. And the tortilla was gross. It was not good. I did not like it.
Speaker 1: And it was the one in LaGuardia.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so the new LaGuardia not the old one.
Speaker 1: But I almost not the chopped there it's hot.
Speaker 3: There's a brand new No, no, it's different, like you have to go to like either. There's one. The new one in Brooklyn is good, but they're still kind of putting their wheels on. They're getting comfortable, right, They're not perfect.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: I did order two stylds and I did like them. I had them subsequent days for lunch because I'm trying to eat healthier. I think my diet is normally olive garden. And do I have my purse at all times?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: What's that candy?
Speaker 1: Bring that back?
Speaker 4: In fact, didn't you order it last night?
Speaker 2: I did order Fruit by the Foot last night. Bring Fruit by the Foot is back in a huge.
Speaker 1: You have to understanding city and survivoral reality show night. Last night Reality TV popped off. So smoked a little bit of reefer and then Bowen pulls out the MacBook Pro and he says, I'm going to order some snacks.
Speaker 4: You have to imagine my.
Speaker 1: Response when I see there's a fruit the foot or the same Knagra Betty Crocker or something same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something that.
Speaker 5: Had a box top. When I was something I could turn in for like points.
Speaker 6: What was the.
Speaker 1: Catalog of stuff? It was a fruit by the foot, and then what a spring cheese?
Speaker 2: I got a little ham and cheese cracker sort of like adultlunchibles thing basically like an assortment.
Speaker 1: And then I ordered one thing which was one half big half pint was it a half point a pint of half? One pint of half baked ben and Jerry's ice cream. So then it comes to the apartment, we eat the stuff and I finished my ice cream and Bowen turns to me and goes, no, you ate that whole thing? No no, no, no, I go yeah, and he.
Speaker 2: Literally goes, oh no, I literally and then I literally tagged, how.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna?
Speaker 4: Literally I wasn't I wasn't really.
Speaker 2: Feel bad about it. I was like, honestly impressed. I was like, wow, this is the spin room. I was impressed because you ate the entire pint in literally fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: And what was your impression rooted in rooted in me, me judgment?
Speaker 2: Ice cream savor ice cream. I must savor ice cream.
Speaker 1: So you were saying you were incredulous that I wouldn't save half of it for later, and you were impressed that I just allowed myself to consume the whole thing here.
Speaker 2: I thought you would have saved some for me.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I definitely no, that is.
Speaker 4: Not a thing that I will say.
Speaker 1: And it's not time for I don't think so, honey yet. But the ice cream arrived, and it was soup. It was melted because because the Postmates guy had taken the subway train, which he's allowed to do.
Speaker 4: He's allowed to do it.
Speaker 1: But it's hot. It's hot down there in September on what is it, September nineteenth today, the middle of summer. Allegen out there it's okay.
Speaker 2: And now this segues nicely into this conversation that is mirrored on our podcast, which is anti summer.
Speaker 1: With Peyton, right, thank you history. But Hunter, you did say something.
Speaker 2: In the pod that I I kind of took issue with, which, as you said, will fall so obvious. But it's like, but what does that make summer like summers off summer?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, no, okay please, Summer summer is the underdog, she's the queen.
Speaker 1: How dog?
Speaker 3: No, explain yourself the guns away.
Speaker 5: I know we're in America, but wait, okay, this is about summer. You look forward to summer. You have a summer fling. I never heard of a fall fling.
Speaker 1: You winter, clearly, you've never was gonna take this swift.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, interesting summer. You have outfits for summer a swimsuit. Ever heard of it? You go on summer vacation holiday.
Speaker 1: You have never been to an upstayed fall vacation. Like we're going to go on.
Speaker 7: So sumped right in front of all that was crazy for me.
Speaker 2: We're on like the lesbian sort of like shade of the gay sort of color because we're so tired.
Speaker 1: We're tired, and why are we tired? Because of the summer broke us?
Speaker 5: What are you talking about? You don't like putting on like slutty little outfits in the summertime.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a question? It's almost like you don't think fall can be slutty.
Speaker 4: Wow, you don't think.
Speaker 1: I really feel like the biggest slut and fall because I know I have my looks together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're going to walk in somewhere, and it's like, where am I going to put my coat? Where I had a coat taken from me once when I was wearing it from that feels.
Speaker 4: Like reckless behavior.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe your brain was melted from summer.
Speaker 3: First, it was April, so let's get it correct. Was wasted on my birthday party where she wore a Leo shirt to my tours birthday.
Speaker 5: I don't see it.
Speaker 1: Behavior I can't wear We don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I'm so it's a mystery I'm trying to solve now.
Speaker 1: Was it because the coat looked like all their coats?
Speaker 5: No, it was, in fact, it was a nice It was a nice coat, right right, And that was a hunter she doesn't.
Speaker 1: We don't have to know.
Speaker 2: I understand what you're saying though, which is a coat is a liability? Yes?
Speaker 5: I don't like to go somewhere and have to worry. I's like I have like kids, I have to worry about them ring around, Like.
Speaker 1: If you want to know what you get though with a coat pockets. Yeah, but you guys can carry persons, whereas I'm one of those gig guys that's like really slow to like the tiny.
Speaker 4: Bag, like you know what I'm saying, Like that was not a natural thing for me.
Speaker 2: Totally, but now I think we've shifted into Like I think the look for all genders is no no bags, no anything. You're kind of naked. You're walking around basically, but pure pockets. That's your only storage on your person.
Speaker 5: I don't think the way pockets look when they're full, like I like a men's wear a girly where it's like you have to get the pockets sown because it brings on the whole outfit.
Speaker 3: You're one more time men.
Speaker 1: And that's okay. So that's what we can talk about.
Speaker 3: Being gay in summer is so much harder than being straight in summer because you don't have summer day in summer is painful, okay, Organizing schedule, train, no sleep, Yeah, there's no escaping, like, there's no day off. That's where I am at pride parties because they're looking for your ship for me, and it won't be.
Speaker 1: Found because I'm not pap.
Speaker 5: And literally someone asked where I was at a Pride party.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, because your summer can continue after that, because you're not exhausted. That's why. That's why you say it can go it's October thirty first, because you're not burnt out. No.
Speaker 2: No, but I have something to help Hunter's case, which is your summer is purely programmed with weddings.
Speaker 1: That's so?
Speaker 8: Is that so?
Speaker 1: And that's a lot, But that's a drain on you. You like that? Yeah, I like too much. I'm literally everybody no, I like their hands out.
Speaker 4: I put the guns away.
Speaker 5: But I had a wedding last weekend. I have a wedding this weekend.
Speaker 1: How do you feel tired? Yeah, but.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I like a wedding. I love a speech. I love when someone who has never made a created a decision their entire life has to get up and make twenty in front of a room full of people. I love a wedding speech.
Speaker 1: You're joking, es, Yeah, it is like even if they pick the person to have that role, and like because they do that, Like if they pick someone like, oh, I picked my friend who's the maid of honor because I know they're a performer, they're a writer, whatever. They flop so frequently because it's a different thing.
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly, it doesn't threw brick.
Speaker 1: Yes, I officiate my sister's wedding. I was more nervous doing that than I was performing for a crowd of any size, Like just this this wedding. It was like, ugh, because you're not in service to yourself, you're in service to them. You don't really know what they're gonna want. Yeah, because they're straight and quiet. Have you given a speech at a wedding?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, ut a rehearsal dinner. Oh it was okay, but it was like what you're saying, it's really hard because it's like a lot of those speeches just like follow the same cadence of like a little bit of a little bit of roasting, a little bit of like lovey, a little bit of like random reference from like fifteen years ago, and you just have to like like, I don't know, I'm not going to speech.
Speaker 1: They say, open with a local joke. That's that's I think that's true of like college tours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, college open with a local joke.
Speaker 1: No, because like everyone's thinking about how they got there, or everyone's thinking about like why this space? You know what I mean. Like, if it's a lot of college people, make a cool joke, if it's like to get everyone on board, this person did their homework, or hey, this person is one of us, unify your audience, the audience against them.
Speaker 2: But is this why you dislike summer or is this why you love summer?
Speaker 1: Which is weddings?
Speaker 5: I have weddings all times? Okay, yeah, great, I'm pretty both. I'm receiving their hands.
Speaker 1: Crossed all throughout the I'm not regularly in the wedding planner, and that she has weddings all one of her great roles, one of her great roles.
Speaker 5: Oh but made in Manhattan. No, certainly her popping off her little like hair and made of Manhattan so imprinted us here.
Speaker 1: So good totally.
Speaker 2: I feel like I think the hung up the substack that Hunter has just dropped reacting to the lunch that benefit went on this past week. Can we get your thoughts extemporaneously now with what's going on? Because I think you are our most trusted source in Beneifer News.
Speaker 5: I'm reporting live. No you can see me in the background like shrubs. Okay, did you see these photos? I When I see those photos, it looks to me like he's saying, what more do you want from me? What else can I give? I'm here, aren't I. It's like it's very much like indignant, not wanting to be there. But then I was reading from one side all can I say, Benny Medina manager, because it was absolutely planted by him, that like he's still in love with her. They were kissing, they were hugging, all of this stuff. But then from the other side, every other source is like, no, they looked tense. Like the photos even of them in the car together, It's like it's not giving love, it's giving like animosity. It's giving heat.
Speaker 1: The photo of Jennifer Lopez and Matt Damon clutching.
Speaker 5: Ham, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Was a prayer that gives to me. Looking at that photo, I'm like, oh, they're they're his friend, her ex husband is in trouble.
Speaker 4: That's what that photo was giving me.
Speaker 1: That was giving Matt being like I don't know what to do and j Lo being like I can't know what to do anything. And I think if if they're prolonging it. I have a feeling it's because maybe he can't figure out where he's at because he gives to me Leo Man, I'm looking you in your eyes. Look at this Leo man in the rumor who can't stop getting involved. I think that's true.
Speaker 5: I think that's true. It's giving, like hate to see you go, but love to see you walk away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that sex is bombed. Oh fie, you need to get involved.
Speaker 3: Oh my.
Speaker 5: Favorite photo is post Dick.
Speaker 3: I so many good celebrity paparazzi shots in this world, but that one specifically. I'm famously j Lo hat on that. I'll look I'll look you in the eye of Jay's listening and who else dal.
Speaker 4: Each other girls right now?
Speaker 3: But when I saw the photo of her green ear to ear leaving his apartment in him thinking war out behind her, I said, oh, they're sucking in.
Speaker 1: I know that room was crazy.
Speaker 4: I know it's crazy crazy. Whoa crack a window and tear?
Speaker 1: Oh wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah do you think that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's probably the craziest celebrity sex. I do think Brad Pitt and.
Speaker 1: Angelina back in the day were destroying whole buildings.
Speaker 4: I think it looked akin to mister and mister Smith.
Speaker 3: I think that's what we want to think it was. And who is that hot lesbian she dated? And or Angela, Julie and Billy.
Speaker 2: We've all seen we've all seen the monster's balls.
Speaker 5: No, that's the sit on Drea's fault right there, that's what created.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, why God?
Speaker 1: All I know is that Wait, what do you mean they fucked so hard they've created a fault line?
Speaker 3: Sweet little smile after she said to that was like he.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm proud of myself. I'm in the room with the neo baby, an l A native.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, I don't know if you if.
Speaker 5: You were born in l A, you're a neo baby?
Speaker 4: You feel this way?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 5: Are you kidding? In l A makes you ne Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was born in l A.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: Some of us are born.
Speaker 5: Their privileges. O.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm gonna say that. I'm gonna say this. I like because actually I almost called you out last week because Joe so Becca producer Becca has entered the chat and because you ventured the chat, and I'm pointing we were doing our interview with Jojo last week. I look over because I'm hearing the sounds of lunch being eaten. I look over, stop, my girl was chowing down. Chick allowed on checking Phil the producer of Lost Coult stuff everybody.
Speaker 4: And I'm sitting here.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting here next to noted Chick fil A apologist Bowen whatever herself.
Speaker 4: And this is the accountability episode, and.
Speaker 2: That you already come crawling when I'm an executive streaming service.
Speaker 1: Chick is doing original contest. You didn't hear this, You didn't see the headline. You're fucking kids.
Speaker 2: Chick fil A doing doing a streaming Actually, wow, is it gonna be like conservative media totally?
Speaker 1: Okay? Family friendly programming?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, which is terrible.
Speaker 3: But okay, probably.
Speaker 1: They've got hand They got the most nominations.
Speaker 5: Actually, excuse me, I don't want to hear it. Okay, I hope they don't use that fond. I hate that font. I hate the chickilate Yes.
Speaker 1: Well, noted graphic designing legend. You Yeah, I don't love it. What Chicken place has the best logo?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Interesting? What are our options? Popeyes? Chick fil A went about canes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't what's it called Nando's.
Speaker 2: Nando's has great chicken a great font and great chicken. But I will say I think Popeyes has has the most timeless logo.
Speaker 1: What they don't have is the iconic mascot that.
Speaker 5: It stands a colonel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, colonel doesn't need another white man.
Speaker 1: Remember when Reba McIntyre was Colonel Sanders for a second. Yeah, you remember five years ago. It was like a few years ago. Yeah, they were like there were colonel's missing.
Speaker 2: No, they did like a whole like bond unveiling, like, oh, this person is the new colonel, like getting us all excited.
Speaker 1: I used to work at that time.
Speaker 2: And you're eating Chick fil a. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: This time when they were changing the colonel, that was like the campaign is that the colonel was someone new every few.
Speaker 1: Months, right, the colonel. That's kind of that's great.
Speaker 3: From whatever to be the colonel.
Speaker 1: Oh sean Aston football like campaign Uh huh uh huh arnold. Oh yeah, point is they were that they were trying things. They should bring that back. Yeah, wait, that's kind of fun. Actually, I know, wait, I want.
Speaker 5: To be the let's be kind of a high honor, like getting the key to the city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the new doctor who chicken the chicken, chicken favorite chicken place.
Speaker 5: Oh bye bye, of course, thank you.
Speaker 1: You know what, I feel like really loyal to KFC because on fourteenth and Second Avenue, right next to where I went to college. Sorry, literally right before we got on there was like we have to talk about the epidemic of people talking about college, but.
Speaker 2: Are we stepping on the yes, well let's speak no more of it.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying there was a KFC near me that was really good to me for a very long time. Yeah, yeah, that's good, really good to me for.
Speaker 3: Like loved your door obviously, but really the red beans and rice every yeah, it besides me that I'm actually like, this is where I'm taking it.
Speaker 1: Yes, the chicken is good for the sides.
Speaker 5: Are really where it browns out.
Speaker 1: The thing is, if you do live in New York though, like there's so much fast food everywhere that I was never really I was always going for a Burger King or McDonald's moment, because I do think that the nuggets at Burger kinge well, the Burger King used to have good nuggets and then they changed, And I don't know why. Sometimes these people change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, when dis you used to have good nuggets too.
Speaker 1: Actually they had an incredible Numa and then it's almost like all the fast food chains tried to copy McDonald's. They all became like McDonald's nuggets esque, like pink yea video. Yeah yeah, oh it's wild.
Speaker 3: Didn't stop anything.
Speaker 1: Like this is what I want to tell you. So we've been on our like diet coke kick. Now we love diet coke. As you can see, it's in my hands. So I'm at the seven eleven just twenty minutes ago. Before we started thinking I'm gonna grab a diet coke, and then I saw a slurpey machine. So this is always a slippery slope for me because I love slurpy. If I ever go to the movie theaters, I get slurpy. This is one of the flavors that they had. Coke zero oreo.
Speaker 2: No why.
Speaker 1: I put my finger under the thing and went, I can try a little bit, just raw raw. I figured there was a cup and no, I just go. I pulled the lever over my finger and it like ran over my finger and in the middle of New York City. Were on thirty ninth Street and thirty ninth and eighth The most disgusting part of the So I went to seven eleven on thirty ninth and eighth, put my finger raw in the slipping machine to try coke zero oreo. Yeah, and I want to say I'm happy I did it. I loved it. It was good. My limited time only eleven on thirty ninth and eighth, and make it happen for yourself. Do you watch.
Speaker 5: Do you watch Mormon Wives?
Speaker 1: I've started to, and I don't think it's for me.
Speaker 5: How far are you?
Speaker 1: Two minutes in?
Speaker 5: You haven't seen anything yet?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I heard. It's good.
Speaker 5: It's so good. It's so crazy.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize.
Speaker 3: I thought it was going to be a documentary in the way that we would be like watching right, just like treated a little bit more like Jim Crazy or something like that.
Speaker 1: But when you.
Speaker 5: Thought it was gonna be serious, thought it was going to be like intentional and exploration, if you will.
Speaker 1: But it is.
Speaker 5: It's really TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Hear that they help you with the swinger stuff. Like you think it's gonna be sexier and crazier, and then it just ends up being like a pretty facile reality show.
Speaker 5: Well, the pilot is weird because for the first like even fifteen minutes, its like it's going to be something one way like about the swingers, about like a sort of I don't know, like emotional reckoning. Yeah, and then it becomes full bravo. I mean in the.
Speaker 1: First episode, I can do that tho.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in the first episode, it's like, this is not a huge spoiler, but the the main girl goes on quite a journey through an arrest and a pregnancy, like and that's just.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 5: And then someone gets mad at her for talking about the miscarriage, well pulling focus, which but that was not okay. But that's I know. But I'm just saying that I'm giving them a preview. That's that's what you should expect.
Speaker 1: I'm interested. I'm interested to actually on board. I mean, I love the show that the woman on my shirt is featured on, which is The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City. This is the sister show to the Secret Lives of Mormon Wives.
Speaker 5: Yes, one of the girls, the main girl, Taylor, who you've seen and like she's most of the pilots about her. She was cast or she was considered for Celtic City Housewives. They said she was quote too boring. I said open your eyes, your.
Speaker 1: Eyes a little bit wider, because what's happening over on this show?
Speaker 3: Something but not over Mormonism. I feel like it's been a little too heavy on Mormonism. More and more Mormons, like what about did.
Speaker 5: You watch.
Speaker 1: Under the Catholics actually number eighty? What a Catholics? But do you know there's there's now a news show because they said on Celtic City last night they kept batting to this woman like Sarah Sarah and the under third was Lisa's realtor, and I'm like, why are we?
Speaker 4: Why are we?
Speaker 1: And then it was a commercial where it was like LISTA was like, Sarah, don't you think this is so much amazing real estate it happening in Salt Lake? I actually do and that's why and it said sold on SLC meets these Mormon girls shows. Wow, very interesting girl.
Speaker 2: But this is sort of this thing that like, are we not over Mormonism?
Speaker 1: Over Mormonism?
Speaker 3: I think we've like had our fair share of It. Started with Under the Banner of Heaven, right Andrew Garfield actually have no idea what happened with his words, but I love that show. And then all of a sudden, I feel like it kicked off all this Mormonism and I feel like again it's distracting from the Catholics, actually, is what I'm landing on.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's other religions to explore, well, Mormons.
Speaker 3: I will Mormonism to generalize.
Speaker 2: About Mormons on this podcast. They are very good at media. I will say, They're good at like getting in there and like this is our deal, like the billboards they would have like growing up in Colorado, like they had some good billboards.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 5: Like everywhere there's like an ad for like have you met him? Like God?
Speaker 2: Those just scientologists and Mormons are very good at like marketing, messaging.
Speaker 5: Who is their tree paint I.
Speaker 2: Wonder, Oh my god, now thank god you're back, because Hunter is also as obsessed with tree paints as we are.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about tree pain painting.
Speaker 5: I'm an allergy of the experience.
Speaker 3: I'm a swifty so bypropy I support, but.
Speaker 5: I'm not a swifty just a paintiac.
Speaker 1: We can connect, yes.
Speaker 2: Now what do you make of her recent and you said treat pain kind of orchestrated so well, this whole Taylor Endorse and Kamala thing like kind of getting past the Brittany mahomes of it all. What's your take on recent happenings with Tree I don't know.
Speaker 5: I feel like the Brittany homes of it all is like it's it's gotten too much. She Tree Pay needs a worthy foe and that is not Brittany Home. So I'm sorry her, like Evanka Trump cosplay in like the Chanelle suit she wore, like the last game was just it was a nightmare. Yeah, but I feel like Trea is playing this pretty well.
Speaker 2: Who is a worthy opponent to Tree Pain? I think I dare not speak their name.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know who it would be. I don't know who it would be.
Speaker 1: Jello. Well, did you see.
Speaker 5: Benny Medina.
Speaker 1: Medina's Life?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Have you wait?
Speaker 5: Did you watch the documentary?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did you watch him?
Speaker 1: Watch it again?
Speaker 5: Do you watch him tar down that exact who was like, it's not a music video?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But you know what though, ultimately, and I say this with all due respect, what was it? What was it? And I'll say I will also say the by far most compelling element of that entire j Lo project was the documentary.
Speaker 5: Director who directed by Leo Mann.
Speaker 1: Be Careful Ben Ben, Yes, he won.
Speaker 4: Yes, you said this, So it's so.
Speaker 1: Crazy that he's depicted in and being like, well, I don't know, because, like you said, he was setting up cameras.
Speaker 5: Yes, they have photos. I can't remember this, maybe page sex and they had photos of him setting up cameras and like him like framing.
Speaker 1: Your do you know what The biggest gag is, this is the biggest gug.
Speaker 5: Heels amazing in the documentary.
Speaker 1: No, he's yeah, he's he's like the.
Speaker 3: Hes the best part about her.
Speaker 5: Oh, feminism walking out of the I.
Speaker 1: Will say he did come off really well in the documentary. The gag is that he and Matt Damon are producers on Kiss the Spider Woman. Yes, which is going which I heard. I heard Tea that it's good okay, and that she is really good in it, and that they think if you're looking for narrative to go. They shot it while they were separating, before they got divorced. She shot this movie from March to May the last year. Wow, and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well we were watching challenges and she was getting to work.
Speaker 1: She was literally doing it, and it was it was like very quiet, the fact that they shot it, but they literally got it in the can during what if we're to look on paper, were the darkest day separation, and you have to imagine if that's funneled into the project and this is and the narrative is she's coming back and she's able to like capitalize on this. Maybe Benny Medina does win after all.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like she's always a professional. I will say that it doesn't actually stop me to hear that she would be able to like make it through that experience and still be able to like serve kind. I'm also just looking at her Instagram and the way that she's handling alone is kind of making me stand I'm like changing my tune a little bit because I loved bit. Yeah, you're gonna be like, oh, I'm going through a breakup. I'm gonna live to eat every moment of it. Like I gonna take this almost like tenderesque selfie where her ass is seen in the mirror and then her face is in the front.
Speaker 1: That's a real woman's The old man doesn't stand a chance against a leo woman. Mm. That's the real truth. That's the truth Hunter.
Speaker 5: Wolves within me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cool true bisexuality actually, and I I'm actually one of those people that believe she should be holding an oscar in her hand.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, can we stage the space like that was deserved.
Speaker 1: Because only j Loo could have done hustling. Yeah, lots of ladies could have done Laura joining a marriage story. Not saying she wasn't great in it, but it's like, I just feel like, when when the role meets the performer in such a way, you have to honor that moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you watch her Netflix dock where she's like sitting in bed, like crying over not getting Oscar domination? Now that was a low moments.
Speaker 1: I also subscribe to the newsletter about me. I'm also I'm a Jalofan.
Speaker 5: Listen, I love it. I swear I'm blacklisted from it. No, no, I get them like hours later than everyone else.
Speaker 1: No, yeah I do. It's been Jalo newsletter. Yes, on the Jay Love, I didn't realize. I didn't realize this existed, she writes.
Speaker 4: Fine, she writes, you're not one of the jay levers.
Speaker 2: Wait, where's the documentary on this March to May period?
Speaker 1: Then coming coming?
Speaker 2: Because because that's Kiss of a Spider Woman and the separation and Metal, which was like the first sign of like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, though soon hopefully.
Speaker 1: I mean that would be a perfect trifecta documentary trifecta, which is Halftime, the greatest love story I never told, and then whatever.
Speaker 4: This is, that's what.
Speaker 1: When capitalism is cool?
Speaker 3: Wait, that would be epic if we actually just turn this into a whole bit.
Speaker 4: It's like everyone's talking about Beyonce's trilogy.
Speaker 1: Well we need to be talking about so for this Jalo trilogy.
Speaker 5: Is the Beyonce trilogy ever happening?
Speaker 4: I mean, there will be the third album.
Speaker 2: It will be the third album, but it's just a question of where the visuals are.
Speaker 5: Oh I was talking mean in the Netflix thing when she had like signed a Netflix for three productions and one of them was Homecoming and the other two materialists.
Speaker 1: Wow, I mean you have to imagine, well, wait, renaissance is that any renaissance was count It didn't land anywhere, and then it didn't didn't come out, It didn't come out anywhere.
Speaker 5: I don't think it was a Netflix production, right, Maybe it was, though I don't know.
Speaker 1: I believe that the visuals exist, and I believe that there's a plan. There are some people out there who think doubt who doubt that something leaked and it was like, you know, it might not be as much of a grand plan as everyone thinks. I'm like, no, even this, I feel like is a leak because you're talking about someone who is the greatest virgo of all times, done things previously thought that you couldn't execute, and they've been to perfection every single time. I don't think there's any way that you are the visuals is the final answer on that.
Speaker 5: Exactly that you are the Visuals does not feel like the end of anything. It's the beginning.
Speaker 3: But also I think it's fine to like hear me out like, wait, like this is just we're edging, Like I think it's fine that we are.
Speaker 5: You advocating patients. Yeah, okay, this is a crazy day.
Speaker 1: Actually changed while we have you advocating for patients, we want to dig a little deeper you, Peyton, because we have not yet asked you the question. Hunter Harris has been asked the question what was the culture that made you say? Culture was for you? Okay, but now it's time for you, Peyton Dick, to answer that question. Oh god, the way I was like, oh my god, I'm so honey already.
Speaker 3: Okay, my chest got tight.
Speaker 2: To remind everybody Hunter's answer we were recalling from when you came out, Aaron Brock.
Speaker 1: A, Oh okay.
Speaker 5: I was thinking about, like.
Speaker 1: Okay, it could be anything. It can be. It doesn't have to be a movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, because wow, I have a different answer. I was like in your camp brag and I remember this girl. I was like maybe middle school, and this girl was telling me.
Speaker 1: About how Pink got her name.
Speaker 3: If we all know the Lord, yeah, I think you forgoting her about her government names.
Speaker 1: But I've never known. It's a l e C why people are so creative with their names. I love it. I love what are they gonna do next?
Speaker 3: But she got her name because she had friends that were black and had never allegedly seen a white girls. Pussy before pussy.
Speaker 1: You can say whatever you want, great, you said earlier, and I'm like, oh shoot, should I say words are bad?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 1: I want to hear before? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Classic, And then she my down bitch showed and was like, damn, that's pink and that's how she got her name.
Speaker 2: Pink.
Speaker 3: Seriously two story.
Speaker 5: WAITA said she had potential no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no professional center.
Speaker 3: It was right there would you could pick it up?
Speaker 1: Let me say this.
Speaker 8: Wondering, Yeah, sorry, wow, are we getting this okay?
Speaker 1: Is that really? We're true? It's true?
Speaker 4: Is that just where the exclamation point came in? Or was that just fun that.
Speaker 1: White people are really creative?
Speaker 3: And then excation point, she's loud and I think, like in general, I love think and that felt like so.
Speaker 1: Shocking for me to hear.
Speaker 3: Also was just so much more interesting to me this like era of like white woman caused playing different races.
Speaker 1: I was like, more you never forget when there you go came out and then I saw the video.
Speaker 3: And I was like, going, Stefani, we're doing it big and doing it hard. By this, I think, when you're gonna culturally appropriate, you got to do with your chest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the metal, I'm like, that's why I'm talking about positions. Oh my god. Now, And it was and look, it's a great album. It's a it's a great album, black album, it's an R and B album.
Speaker 3: So I was thinking, next, so was that's my black queen when when she I think she's taking time off right now, But that's okay, Like we're arms are open. Yeah, we all get into sometimes.
Speaker 2: Imagine a creative white name to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a like a verb. But like name.
Speaker 2: For her last heap is iconic Heap, her legal name.
Speaker 1: Heap. Imagine heap. I saw her actually at the Greek It was a transcendens what would you call images? I don't know.
Speaker 4: She's a wide creative.
Speaker 1: But she like just imagine a white creative and that's number fift A white creative?
Speaker 3: Is she Irish?
Speaker 1: Know, she's a white creature?
Speaker 5: The close so the neighbor she like she is American, British, she's British. Okay, she British.
Speaker 1: She's an English musician.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Did you guys have a brad summer? Would you say?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a brad lifestyle.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: And learned, but like every time we record our podcast every Monday, I come in with like they're like, Paint needs to drink more water because I've been like hungover.
Speaker 1: Wait. But I will say it's a very brad coded answer to the question, which is how Pink discovered her name was she showed her to her friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Charlie was like, and so does this like lump and a bunch of other stuff free? Like is it like a queer awakening too for you to like know about this or absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Actually less gangs was like I had to close my legs to that. But I think it just was one maybe a sexual awakening in general, and then leaning into being like, oh, pink is so fucking cool and iconic.
Speaker 1: I want to be a bad girl.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, it hasn't been a steady love of Pink since that time.
Speaker 1: She remained.
Speaker 3: She has remained despite all odds, She's remained in the roof and like she's wait the performance, Oh my god, sealed into my brain.
Speaker 1: I oh wait, the glitter Sorry, that was great.
Speaker 3: Sorry, yeah, the glitter performance on the Grammys and Glitter, it was stunning.
Speaker 1: It was one of the first times she did the aerials in like a very public performance, and I think as a result of it being such a beloved performance, it then kind of.
Speaker 3: Became a thing that she's constantly up in the air and did you ever like two feet on the ground.
Speaker 4: She is, but not for long.
Speaker 1: If there's potential for her to be I'm not even kidding shot into the sky. I sent me the video of her. She's seconds later.
Speaker 4: She is the back.
Speaker 1: It's one hundred feet in there at the back of the stadium, like.
Speaker 2: It's one of the most incredible things ever seen and.
Speaker 3: Singing, well, I do feel a little bit of a nostalgia for hoo. Pink used to okay, okay when she accepted I think it was was it a glad award? When she was like, I'm gay and everyone's waring applause. No I'm not me.
Speaker 1: Too, I said, just kidding.
Speaker 3: Actually mind, like she used to just be so. I guess maybe this is just an extension or an older version of being so out of pocket. It's just in a different way. And it's like ten feet off the ground.
Speaker 2: Totally different her feet off the ground and start being out of podcast to.
Speaker 1: Swinging on the roof.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and for some reason that made me kind of like lock in to get out of theater camp and into the streets, the streets eighth the camp growing on Chevy Hills and my buzzy I did say things with my chest.
Speaker 1: Yes you have to. I feel like Pink would do the same.
Speaker 3: I'm honoring her.
Speaker 1: Pink like was one of those girls too, Like she had a reputation for like going there and I'll never never forget like the back and forth between Pink and Christina Aguilera on their watch What Happens Lives, like about who swung on who in a club? Like Pink was like there was some physical altercation between Christina Aguilera and Pink at some time and then like Pink said, oh, Christina swung on me, and Christina was like, why would swing on her? She could kick my ass, Like I would never do that, but like know that neither of them denied there between Pink and Christina.
Speaker 2: This is the old pop girl beef that we need to now. It's all in the business aspect of it, and like we need to be back, we need to go back to like a fight broke out of the club at the last moment of this was like Cardi and Nikki, I guess yeah, But the thing is.
Speaker 1: Like it's tough though, because like, yes, I would agree, the like litigious nature of it all is like it's a little bit uglier and weirder and dark and sadder. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Recipes, we're losing recipes.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, But then I don't want the girls physically, no, I know, but I think that's fine. Sabrina and Olivia should have like a like all.
Speaker 4: Those are children.
Speaker 1: If you're under like you can't be.
Speaker 5: Like throwing chap will beat someone's ass.
Speaker 1: I actually that's they fight, they fuck yeah, because wait no, But the the thing about Chapel that you guys were talking about on your podcast, because you guys had like a real dialogue about Chapel Roan and and the like response to everything, apparently like so our friend Dave Mazzoni was on the carpet at the VMA's working for Logo, and apparently Chapel hits the carpet and everyone is just like screaming at her because now the photographers know if they fuck with her, she might like snap back. So the weird thing about it is like she's low key matching their energy. And he said that she like sprinted over to them at Logo and then was just like so nice to them. She's like, I just want to talk to you guys because you guys aren't fucking screaming at me. Because he was saying that. Being there watching it, it's very clear that like they are fucking with her, that you could like see it happen, Like there's clip of her being.
Speaker 2: Like, no, she tells the guy to shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he goes, She goes, that was us earlier, but he said it was wild to be there and like watch it, and he was like, oh no, she's like giving it back to them in the way that she gets it. Worst case scenario is she like ends up being speaking of Apple, she ends up being like a Fiona Apple kind of person or a d'angela who's like, I'm gonna lock myself in a house for the next decade and not put up music. Like it's like that's what would be the biggest not the biggest loss, but it would be like a sad situation that, like she did, she would not feel like what Adele does Adele Adele literally being like you will not see me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't get a lot like she really like went away for Yeah, is that what torses do?
Speaker 1: What you like?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Is that what torses do? Because didn't you just have a brad life? Most sources, Yeah, but I you move different, a little different. What is pink astrologically?
Speaker 2: Maybe it would be my gastrological aries.
Speaker 4: Are you one of those people that I can guess.
Speaker 1: Guess for me? Do you guess for pink?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I'm curious Stember, Yes, I believe that she has to communicate with so many people that have to get her into the sky. This is my body, make sure because then did you see that one clip of them getting it wrong and she's like.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no no and she hit like baker.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 5: Oh well that performance I.
Speaker 1: Felt no no no no, she like went her whole side of her body slammed and is it giving? And it starts right now? Is it giving?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: It's the guy like the the jet pass, the water jet pack. He's like he's on the news and he's like and it starts.
Speaker 4: Times.
Speaker 1: I love any video of someone where something suddenly puts them in motion, Like you ever watch a video of like a reporter on like a free fall ride. This is but like years ago, I'll never forget. It was Rosi O'donald ros o donald took the cast of the Drew Carry Show Yes Where God to California Adventure when it had just opened and they had this ride that was like a free fall drop tower ride that they've since taken down. It's no longer there, but it's just ros o' donald and the woman from the Drew Carry Show. I don't remember her name, No, not me. The other one oh, the one who was yeah, I know you're talking about but they were like literally heavy on conversation. They're like, where are you from from? Oh my god, I have cousins from long No, seriously, where are they? And then they just shoot into the sky and Rose o' donald is like and I'm like, see this more television like making people flying quickly more? You know the two.
Speaker 3: Girls that like the one they get launched and passing yes, yes, nothing like that put into my veins.
Speaker 1: I love videos. They don't want to be there. I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it beautiful.
Speaker 3: It's one of my favorite experiences is like going to a theme park and being like I'm kind of scared and everyone's like patent and I'm like, no, I'm scared and they're like patent. I'm like okay, even though I'm kind of like fine, yeah, I just like I actually just want people to be.
Speaker 1: Like you want the drama.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like a little like lead up to the moment.
Speaker 1: So that's something about me. Sign and the one you were gonna say, is not it? Oh you saw my mouth start to we're.
Speaker 4: Starting to say capital.
Speaker 3: I was wow, I was thinking Earth.
Speaker 2: But now I'm he's a he's a crier.
Speaker 1: Well, you're gonna give it away.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, sorry, Okay, cancer feels too on the nose for that, then maybe Pisces.
Speaker 1: Rising use cancer moon. It's serious. Oh my god. People look at my chart. People that are in the know look at my chart and they apologize to me.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's like every feeling that's ever been felt, You've had it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, in any given moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like right now, you just start week.
Speaker 1: I've actually been really emotional lately. That's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's good at first, real tears. I've cried in a long time with Hunter saying yeah.
Speaker 1: That was pretty.
Speaker 2: That needs to be that needs to be a techtile, cereal or whatever.
Speaker 1: Just kind of vertical. Wow.
Speaker 2: Well that's also one of my favorite answers in a while. Yeah to her friends, where did you hear about that? Like on a theater camp.
Speaker 1: From the girls of.
Speaker 2: The girls, the girls from sitting around and was there an implied like breakaway from theater camp?
Speaker 1: Whence you've found this information, like you never went back.
Speaker 3: I hated those girls also, I was, but I was thankful for the information and information from the people you hate.
Speaker 1: And that's like totally.
Speaker 2: Was this the early time going to theater camp or did you go regularly as growing up?
Speaker 1: I frequented you frequented, But.
Speaker 3: I actually it was only ever really in theater because I was dancing, So I was just kind of a five six girls.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Dancers are the perfect vibe of like it's you're not a theater kid necessarily. You just love to like hang out and like move and you love music. You're you're like the vibe with the dancer is so ideal because you're not like competitively like rattling off like musical theater facts. That's why one thing with theater kid dumb is that I'm like, okay, like we don't have to be like encyclopedia at each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's my only thing, but you theater kind of.
Speaker 2: But like the thing that like put me off of being a theater kid was like it was just this constant like what I'm in ship about like who did it?
Speaker 1: More and more like all this stuff that I'm.
Speaker 3: Like I hate that I like being approximate to and I like being able to talk sh about a community that I'm tangentially a part of. Like that feels like I kind of. I don't know, does that make me a minority.
Speaker 2: Community a minority total?
Speaker 1: You boil it down to theater kid, You can boil it down to what my vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And back then, back then, it was like I'm sorry to say, improv kid, this was like theater was just a means to like get into like the improv group.
Speaker 1: Sports kid, Yeah, you're hardcore cross country and track, and then before that baseball and soccer and basketball, like always a three sport athlete because I had a coach dad. So that will sort of dictate what your activities are, especially growing up on Long Island. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, distance running. Wow.
Speaker 1: I had a four thirty six mile when I was in high school. Wow.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, that's good.
Speaker 1: I was that dedicated girl who was like not cool about it. In fact, at the straight wedding, I was just that last week the guy who was no. I was number one on my track on my cross country team, and then number two was there and he was like we were like jamming out, and I remember, and I was such like a in high school. I was so like, why are you smoking weed? And then because I remember at the time, way back in high school, he was like you're so he's like, he's like, I don't know why you're like this. You know what's gonna happen. You're gonna become the biggest stone out of all of them. And then and then you finished that cut to now Bowen Yang says, you finished the whole thing. No, no, no, So how would you boil your identity down? Back then?
Speaker 5: I was writer girl. Yes, no, I was no, no, no, not. I was just a writer. I went to Italy when I was in third grade and I came back and said, I'm going to make a newspaper for class so I can tell everyone about my trip. Oh, educate them all.
Speaker 4: It's alarming.
Speaker 1: You weren't bullied.
Speaker 3: Mister world wide went to Italy and she was come tell us in Oklahama like joking.
Speaker 5: No, everything, every year I wrote something. I was always a writer.
Speaker 2: Was newspaper like the first thing of many, like weird tumblr girl.
Speaker 5: I was a tumbler girl.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: I wanted to be a novelist. When I was like younger, I would like fake write books all the time. And then I eventually fake wrote screenplays because I wanted to write a screenplay for Daniel Radcliffe and I to fall in love. Oh, thank you? And then yeah, then I wrote it for the high school paper to meet boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then to meet boys boys because we interview them. Oh so you would be like a big piece for the school paper. I interview you.
Speaker 5: Absolutely. I did a whole thing on the football team. Remember that was part of it. I had to interview them all.
Speaker 1: And it was pull trade.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna say, oh, what are you talking.
Speaker 1: About high school? You can't. You can't puld back the curtain on whether or not your grand plan worked and work. It did work great.
Speaker 5: And then oh wait, and then it comes to c because then I wrote for the college paper where I brought her in. Oh that was the first time working together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first Claub Yeah well.
Speaker 3: First club was like you needed a know, it was in college.
Speaker 1: That was our first club. What was Emerson like, it's supposed to be fun not. I know, you don't want to talk about college fun. I tore Emerson in therenumber One thing they kept saying was Jay Leno went here. They couldn't stop talking about it. Well, they look about the Canadians for sure, they do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was either Jay let They're always talking about Trinifer Coolidge too, and the Gay Show Friends.
Speaker 1: Not that what Grace Grace.
Speaker 3: Started their film the or something was that the director or something went there.
Speaker 1: I think so one of the sets was in our something like that.
Speaker 5: But alumni office worker is like digging their heels, digging their.
Speaker 1: Okay, so not what was college and Emerson like? But what did you enjoy Boston or were you like almostlebrity?
Speaker 5: Get me out of there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think anyone enjoys Boston.
Speaker 4: I love I go there.
Speaker 1: I go there to tour and there's some of my best audiences.
Speaker 5: So you love Boston but hate ben Affleck.
Speaker 1: I just want to sust I didn't say I hate Ben Affleck. I said I have Ben Affleck's number. I don't hate easy wait, hold on, no, I get I feel like I understand ben Afflecks deal. I don't hate Beneffleck. I have empathy for ben Affleck. I don't think he should be dating these emotionally like deck of Cards esque women because I think he should. I think he should know himself the way I feel I know him, and then he wouldn't hurt so many women.
Speaker 5: I also, I need a save space for emotionally deck of cards.
Speaker 1: Women, Yeah, I identify, thank you. Yeah, I told you all about mine.
Speaker 3: I understand that you are water sign coded. Thank you. The thing is, I feel like every sign people just say, oh, Leo's love, but Leo men. Virgos love, but virgo men. So there's a common denominator. Man, I kind of say, okay, so.
Speaker 2: Right, like you guys had him, Oh that astrologists astrologer and she was like, oh, it's an astrology's pattern recognition. But it's like the ultimate pattern recognition is gender. It's like men act a certain way and women act a certain way. If I mean I'm being I'm like bastardizing the whole concept.
Speaker 1: No, but I think that that is what happened. Ye, Like but of course Capricorn man right.
Speaker 3: Right, Like everyone does it with every sign. So then I just let's like stop busing each other, just say what it is.
Speaker 1: Are tough. The thing that, like, I was reading about aquarious men in the wake of something, and it's like, well, you know, they'll often just like they march to the beat of their own drummer and like they'll do whatever.
Speaker 4: I'm like, that's that's like a funny.
Speaker 1: Interesting way of saying they'll do whatever it is the they want to do, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean, Like, you know, like the terrorist is different by the sign, but it's still like terrorizing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they when you're supposed to.
Speaker 3: Zach is like, oh, he's gonna tell you, like why he hates you use emotionally, Yeah, or for.
Speaker 2: Sure, Hunter current feelings about Daniel Radcliffe because it's still like do you still hold a torch?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's healthy.
Speaker 5: No, I can't do the Harry Potter thing. Yeah no, I I yeah, I think he's passed Harry Potter. But I'm just saying in general, it's just like reminds you too much like that era totally.
Speaker 2: It's nice when you like grow up and are like I don't know why I was in love with ex celebrity or wife, celibrity or any person.
Speaker 1: Really. I used to have a crush on Rupert Grint me too.
Speaker 3: I thought he was so hot.
Speaker 1: And it's so crazy because when you're reading the books, you don't have a crush on Ron, you know what I mean, You're never creating a Ron in your head that's hot. And then for some reason that Grint.
Speaker 3: But honestly, it was like, really Malfoy at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Really Malfoy, really, what's his name, the guy from I don't.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's his name Alfred something.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, Alfred.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 4: He was the lead of How To Get Away with Murder?
Speaker 1: Right right, right, right right? Why did were you upset?
Speaker 5: That can't be a spoiler this year? If you get your nails done, you know what happens to in that. I mean it's like it's playing at every nails.
Speaker 1: And I feel, wait, how To Get Away with Murders playing at every nailsal.
Speaker 5: I feel like it was playing at when I just went to the other.
Speaker 1: Day, just they were just playing. Oh my god. I'll never forget the pilot of that show when she turned around from that chalkboard and said how to get Away with Murder? And I was like, this is what you chose to do And I'm so chilling about with all your power you said I want to do this? How long was she that show? A long? Really?
Speaker 4: You didn't go for like six seasons?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 1: But she was, she was with it the whole time. Yeah, good for her. Yeah, she just respects the work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no matter where it comes from, no matter what it is.
Speaker 1: It is period. Sometimes I will be floored when I realized, like someone is doing some I'm like, wow, they really wanted to work.
Speaker 2: Sure, But sometimes I implored by like what people love and are obsessed with, Like the fact that Jayla through a Bridgeton party is crazy to me.
Speaker 1: But to me that was the big takeaway.
Speaker 5: He's America's most famous basic woman.
Speaker 4: Don't talk to me about Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: No, that's you're gonna lose. I think that j Loo cosplays as someone that's not as basic as she is. And then but then why is everything cream? Oh my god, infinity for hats? Why is everything with all the hats? What's with the getting married to Mark Anthony?
Speaker 5: Huh, that's basic?
Speaker 2: He's a light the man you keep pushing, I'm sorry, sorry, I'm like, I'm just I.
Speaker 1: Didn't notice that You're just moved the moment I'm leaning in.
Speaker 2: Wait, you guys were saying to Brady Carpenter makes music for straight women. I think Jayala makes music for straight women.
Speaker 5: It makes music for did you listen to sorry like two songs?
Speaker 1: But no, that was that album was really bad.
Speaker 5: There was one song that I like, which this time around?
Speaker 2: Can you.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna do it justice, okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair, but maybe I need to give it one me.
Speaker 6: No, that one at.
Speaker 4: Least had something because it was like something you could latch onto.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just felt like, you know, remember when she released on the Floor like that was things were different, things were different different. Well, I'll never forget when this was actually way before you were on SNL. This is so random, but my best friend from high school, Kenny, and I we would dream about one day going to Saturday Night Live, like and we found out that the way you get tickets is you have to send in for the lottery during the month of August and they'll give you a random date, like two tickets and you can either take that date or you don't go, Like you don't get to pick. It's it's like a really intense it's really really really rare that you get it. We got it, like we would do it every year and then Kenny won it one year and it was host and musical guest j Lo. This was okay. So she was releasing an album called Love question.
Speaker 2: Mark Yes, and this is on the Floor.
Speaker 1: This is on the Floor, but this was before they put the dance stuff on it. So she did two ballads called starting Over and until It Beats No More. I'm telling you she.
Speaker 4: Sang two ballads.
Speaker 1: There was an acoustic guitar on stage next to her, and I'm telling you, I'm this was there and I remember turning to Kenny and being like, I thought she was pretty good and he was like, I mean, she's good, and I was like no, And that's what I'm saying is just like but I will say it was at that period of time where Kenny is a straight man, So there was definitely the energy of dad ass though you know what I mean, Like it doesn't definitely doesn't lie and it's an absolute treasure.
Speaker 4: But her sketch comedy was pretty.
Speaker 2: Good, so she's really she's a really good host.
Speaker 1: But it was weird because all of a sudden after that, like I was like, oh, on the floor came out and I was like, this is a pivot. The music was not the They did not want what would ultimately be the type of genre she did on This is Me. Now, she has wanted to do that. I think she's wanted to give like this is music that I really feel from my heart and my emotions. Okay, Joanne.
Speaker 3: I like, don't like when artists do what they want to be doing.
Speaker 5: Like I feel like you said, give it into the sweatshop and make it get into the heart factory and get to work.
Speaker 1: Like that's not what we want from you.
Speaker 5: And yet you like chapel Roade and you really defend her, Okay, but giving us.
Speaker 1: What we want though, and what she wants.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, happy meeting for her. But yeah, you guys, you.
Speaker 1: Guys are making great points about like how chapel Roone sings with her chest. She doesn't just say what she feels with her chests, but sings with her chest. And it has been nice, has been have someone really coming out here and giving me full belt. I do think the musical moment of the year is the end of the good of good Luck Bridge. Yeah, it was the musical event of the period.
Speaker 2: One more thing about Jaylor, though, is that I do think she is she has this like pincushion quality to her where it's like we all want to like get in there, and like no one will let her like do the things she wants to do, and people like pick on her in this way like like and the way that we might even be doing now and it's totally fine. I just think like, even like the Io moment on the podcast, like Io talking about Jaylo in that way and then having it like kind of rear its head again when they were like sharing a space at SNL. It's like there is a quality about Jaylo that we were like we kind of love to make fun of, not make fun of her, We love to like it apart she works so hard to be.
Speaker 4: As famous as she is. Yeah, and you have to remember.
Speaker 2: Like that's okay, It's okay to for someone to sweat like that, right, Yeah, But what I'm saying is.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna be out here sweating like that, you're gonna have commentary on you totally and then to be like arms folded, Well, I didn't like that comment when you not you're yes, you are so gifted, so talented, whatever, but you're also like so you you work so hard for people to talk about you like this, then you can't be irritated then people talk about you like yeah, totally totally that's true.
Speaker 5: But I mean that being saying that Io thing was such a specific moment of like Jaylo actually reacting and what I felt was a cruel way, but like usually she does take it like usually she's not super reactive, but I think in this one instance she was like I think she she gave an interview where she was like, well, people said, you know, everyone says up in their twenty years. It was something that I just felt like was very disingenuous because like Jayla, when you were twenty years saying the N word in music, we remember the song be serious.
Speaker 3: I also think it's fine to make fun of hot people, like that's what they're well.
Speaker 1: You can't take it.
Speaker 3: You look at your abs, you can take fifty whatever, look at your ass off, you can take it.
Speaker 1: Okay, You've got that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would be like if that was me, I'd be like anyway.
Speaker 5: We talked about it. She is, you know, I think she like wants to be a singer, but she is ultimately like a superstar. Like she's so good at big FA. She's so British on birthday, come on, be serious, She's so funny, she's naturally, she's a Kamala Harris of girls. Girls. She's Nadia.
Speaker 1: You know you know what we've lost, which is actually I think the best Kamala on me ever? Can someone turn that up.
Speaker 2: Which is one of the classics.
Speaker 4: Can someone turn that up?
Speaker 1: Is I think my favorite thing we have? Did she say those words in that moment? I don't know. I don't know. I just I just like the I like.
Speaker 3: Not knowing any of them in context. I don't want the context any of them. I just like them as standalone. What's your favorite?
Speaker 5: Com with me? Don't choose mine.
Speaker 2: I have a new favorite, but it's not that it's recent. Sorry not to cut into your no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Wait, well what's yours? What's yours?
Speaker 5: Okay, so there's some teachings that need to.
Speaker 3: Happen to me every week.
Speaker 5: She's like the children were left behind that day.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, randomly new favorite. It was not gonna be the one I was originally gonna say. But the wheels on the bus go around and tune and like skipping in hot I was like, oh, she is on some good SSR that I want to be softwering like that, like totally want to live.
Speaker 1: My life soppering quality. What about you? I mean? I think, can someone to turn that up? But in terms of what she has said, I do love unburdened.
Speaker 3: I love the physicality that one is also really good Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I just love anyone that repeats something a million times, like I recently did watch that There can be one hundred people in.
Speaker 2: A room performance. It's one of our best moments in press.
Speaker 1: Ever. What is your favorite combum?
Speaker 2: It's it can be stubbed up sept out for something else, but it's I Love Good News.
Speaker 1: I just love I Love I Love gen Z. So there you go. President.
Speaker 2: Let's let's president president, President, President, Let's move on.
Speaker 1: I don't think so is it time a time Segmber?
Speaker 2: We take one minute to really on something in culture. Matt and I will go first. Matt, do you have something? I have something. It's kind of it might not totally land, which is not unusual for me, but I have something.
Speaker 1: Why don't you go first then? Because I'm actually struggling to okay, great, okay, So this is gonna be Bowen Yang's I don't think so honey on this episode and his time starts now, I don't think so honey.
Speaker 2: Hovering or just like pacing around, like stay the fuck put I was on a plane. The people who hover by the bathroom, you need to stop. You need to plant your feet, feel your feet, stay in one.
Speaker 1: Place, I'm just knocked ying my down. What is this thing with hovering? I need you to be still?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 4: Damn?
Speaker 1: I am I making any sense.
Speaker 9: I'm sitting next to my good sister, my friend, and and he paces every now and then, and I think we all need to And this is not I'm not I'm not targeting you. I'm saying there's a there's a thing happening in the culture right now where people love to hover around folks or around a door, or just are not being spatially considerate, and hovering is usually not convenient for anyone else but you, Why.
Speaker 1: Are you hovering?
Speaker 2: Sit down, plant your feet, feel your feet, feel the weight of your body on the surface that you're making contact with. I don't think Sony hovering. You are not a saucer a UFO. You do not get you. You are not levitating. You must plant your feet firmly where you stand.
Speaker 1: That's one minute.
Speaker 4: Don't ever tell me how to move.
Speaker 3: If you ever tell me how to move, again, her body, her choice.
Speaker 1: Okay. No, I'm definitely a pacer and I understand pacing, but there's there's a difference between pacing and hovering Like.
Speaker 2: This, whole like airplane doors. The plane door thing. I'm like, oh that's crazy. Stop stand there and wait.
Speaker 3: So iron roll like thirty eight like immediately, no.
Speaker 1: Come on, okay, wait now I have my think.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is Matt Rogers. I don't think so many times.
Speaker 1: I don't think so honey. The words feel free to roam about the cabin. First of all, feel free to roam about the cabin. How about everyone just sits in their seat for the what even if it's a long fight, it's not long enough where you need to get up and roam about the cabin. The word rome excuse me, no, if you want to stretch your legs, it's one thing. You want to get up and stretch and walk around to make sure you don't you're buy your parcel fall asleep. That's one thing. Feel free to roam about the cabin.
Speaker 4: I'm here too.
Speaker 1: And then it's gonna become a thing where you're standing over me. I can't tell you where, because then when you've done is you've given.
Speaker 4: Them the freedom to roam.
Speaker 1: They can feel free and they him feel free to roam.
Speaker 4: Right above me.
Speaker 1: And then it becomes a bonyang situation where He's like, why are you standing over me while you're standing by the bathroom, because guess where they're gonna roam where there's room around the bathroom. Guess who maybe needs to go to the bathroom. Everyone else, normal people who don't roam about the cabin. And trust me, I'm someone who gets restless, like I have ADHD self diagnosed. I have to get after all too, but not about the cabin on the plane. I don't think so. And that's one minute. Thank you as some of them self diagnosed with ADHD sam that you have to get up and move, but not round the cabin.
Speaker 3: No, wait, that's like so that's like one of those things you really never think about. But there are rom.
Speaker 5: And they're always being nosy. They're always trying to see what you're you're watching, to see what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Stretching. I've seen stretching and I've witnessed it. And we can't fall on stretching on the same page about how you behave in an airplane because I'll also tell you this, what really bothers me is when the plane is landing and you're in an aisle seat and they won't pull up the window. The person in the window so you can't see when it lands, because the moment of a plane landing can be so No.
Speaker 2: But oh and you and you would rather get a visual on when.
Speaker 1: The plane is landing.
Speaker 4: The windows are up. We all need to see.
Speaker 1: Do we need we need to have Oh my god, you don't agree. No, No, I'm not. I do agree.
Speaker 2: I think there should be like a class in the third grade for all children across the world about how to behave on an airport.
Speaker 5: That's true, that thing said. I think if it's a dark flight and early flight, it's dark outside, the shak thing to be closed. That's fine, the shaking to be closed.
Speaker 4: I'm reasonable.
Speaker 1: I'm a reasonable person. But what I'm saying is, when we're all gonna land, why wouldn't you want everyone around you to have an awareness of when a large sound and movement is going to happen. I don't want someone to, you know, be next to me unaware that we're landing, and then when we feel the jostle do something crazy.
Speaker 3: I guess it's never sudden when you land, like it always is like a shake, like it's never sometimes.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've been on some flights where it lands and You're like, that can't have been right. Have you all? Have you ever felt have you ever helped, like really felt one wheel hit the ground and then were you on spirit?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I do have for European airlines. They'll make you open the shades before you land.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. I appreciate it. Delta doesn't make you do that. Delta is very like choose your very feel free. Yeah, very feel free to about the cabin. I'm telling you these words are harmful and we're gonna regret them because someone's gonna feel too free. Yeah. I think we've all felt too free.
Speaker 5: You already to feel feel too free when they walk around the cabin like barefoot?
Speaker 1: Barefoot a class, but.
Speaker 3: There should be class like how to fly? If you talk about this all the time, the sexiest thing someone can do is getting through security.
Speaker 1: Just don't do it.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Wait, what are you guys? Do you guys get into it?
Speaker 1: Travel?
Speaker 5: Were also say we're in different lines.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was the classes. Well, this one's this one's global entry. Excuse me, this class war happening herect Okay, hunter, do you want to go first?
Speaker 5: Sure? Okay, No, I want to hear your zone here.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, because you've done.
Speaker 2: Before, yeah, before, it's gonna bring us out. This is Peyton Dix's I don't think so honey. You're ready and her time starts now.
Speaker 1: I don't think so honey.
Speaker 3: Standing on business. I think we should sit, maybe step on business, and then immediately step off of it. We need more wishy washy representation. You actually don't need to be ten toes on anything.
Speaker 1: I think it's fine.
Speaker 3: It's a big tall order. I think he'd be like five toes or two big toes. Like I think standing on business is actually, if you think about it, just an extension of capitalism. Yeah, the man you're calling in the machine. If you are pro standing on business, I think when you move like me, a professional, a woman with an open mind, a child of knowledge, if you will, I'm actually just you know, a libramoon. Also, by the way, but I feel like if you are someone who is anti standing on business, you are someone that's just eager to learn.
Speaker 1: You're actually someone that I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Behold into, like a tweet from No one should behold into a tweet from you know, high school or anything. I don't want to be holding into a tweet ten minutes ago.
Speaker 1: That's not my business anymore.
Speaker 3: Like I think that we should just be able to say what we want and then immediately regret it or immediately take it back.
Speaker 4: Yes, no consequence, and that's one man.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yes, anti accountability.
Speaker 1: There was a arable clause that just happened. I get cut from the audio.
Speaker 4: But it did happen.
Speaker 1: No, it did happen.
Speaker 2: Ten toes down is such a trap, silly.
Speaker 1: You know what, though, I have a question for you. So you're an advocate for saying things with your full chest, but also you're not an advocate. You're now, I don't think so, honey, standing on business. So what is the differences standing on I'm doing it right now. I'm being wishing. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now I say so many things on our podcast and I'm just like, that's how you fee I'm like, actually no.
Speaker 1: There was. I actually iconically discovered a time that I did this and I actually couldn't believe it.
Speaker 4: With my full chest.
Speaker 1: One time, probably about two years ago, I said people should be calling Taylor Swift out for the private jet thing. Literally six months six months ago, I go, why people, you don't want you don't want her showing up to the airport.
Speaker 4: What you think Taylor is going to shove up to the airport?
Speaker 1: That all be it inconvenient. But I literally said prior like, no, that's not okay. And you should be able to hold people accountable if you love them. That's what a fan should do. And then in this on the same podcast, the same human being, Hunter Harris, do we have time for mine? Absolutely?
Speaker 5: What do you mean you said?
Speaker 1: I said, Hunter is going to close this out?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, okay, I say take it back, take it.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if we were like, we can't, we can't.
Speaker 4: Well, I know the last one.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I have the class o Hunter Harris's I don't think need the return.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to get ready. I hope that's good.
Speaker 1: Thing. Well, her time starts now, Okay, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think so, honey. People who talk about college too much, I don't think so, honey. People who have school spirit as an adult, you are grown. We get it. You went to school, you got a piece of paper, You paid two hundred thousand dollars for a piece of paper, and to make your friends. Enough is enough? Enough with it. I don't want I don't want to see this school. That's Stanford. The dumbest pitches I've ever met, went to Stanford. I sweared it on Harvard. Take off your glasses. Enough enough, Okay, So you want to go like to your re union. Okay, fine enough, Okay, so you want to go hoody or whatever, walk on Williamsburg. That's too much. No one cares for all adults. We all go to Whole Foods, to Trader Joe's. Those are the real colleges of adulthood, Chopped Academy, Academy, fool spirit. You gave money to somewhere and not you are an adult, and we don't deal that anymore. Enough, it's enough. And I don't talk about Emerson College because I'm not proud of it.
Speaker 2: Oh and that's one minute, wowder. Trader Joses is like, what did you say, is the college of adulthood?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the choice that you made.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy is like here someone went to like some prestigious college and then you're like, oh, well they clearly didn't get any emotional intelligence. Wow, you know what I mean. It's like the eques are some of the lowest in the world from people that went to these really good colleges like I could name some Stanford, Harvard, Georgetown, like I mean I could go down. You can't drive yourself, well yes, no period.
Speaker 5: Wait you said you can't drive yourself.
Speaker 1: If you I said, if you can't drive yourself New York University with my full chest, I'll send some of the some of the dumbest people in America in the world. Really, it's you said, you went to Tish and then you only have emotional intelligence. That's all you got that some of these Tish it's the EQ is bad.
Speaker 4: You lower your voice.
Speaker 2: No, no, I've had to deal with you kids for my entire adult like to deal with us.
Speaker 1: Again and again and again. You could have stayed in your College of Arts and Sciences. I really could have.
Speaker 2: You're shrinking yourself drink, yes, think you think Emerson what Emerson is like so funny though, because people have such school spirit of ever. But this is probably why you're talking about this is that, like you know these people so so well, it's just.
Speaker 5: Too like, why talk about college at all? It's it's when I what does the Bible say we put away childish things? Enough?
Speaker 2: Oh my? You know?
Speaker 3: Okay? Hunter was popular in high school and it shows she was like talking about college. Actually, I love when people talk about high school, though I feel.
Speaker 1: Like cho though, Like for me, it's like I don't know college. Yeah, I get like prizing high school over college, but the high school thing is just like there's only so many experiences you can talk about. Where is like college affords. I guess a lot of different experiences, sure, but high school.
Speaker 2: But talk about high school interesting because you are because the parameters are smaller and you are more limited in your.
Speaker 4: It's like that extracurricular like I was, I was this superlative.
Speaker 3: But the college feels too, like they're too synonymous. To me, A lot of colleges are pretty much the same, just different, like branding names like high school feels a little bit more hyper specific.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it feels like coming of age too. It's like when did you first drink? Like what was your first like party, like your parents getting mad at you. It becomes a whole story, like you're growing up, like where you coming from too exactly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, or that was that was something I would have never guessed.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that's that is more interesting because you're way more different from the from the person you were in high school than you are now, so there's an element of surprise to whatever.
Speaker 5: Yees, totally, totally.
Speaker 2: But are we all on the same page though, And you're alluding to this anti reunion I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Reunions, not in this dnage.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been to no you no interest high school or college?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe you do. With high school. One of my one of my good girlfriends from high school was our class president, and she doesn't give a fuck. I mean, she's the person that would be like organized in that. But literally we do have so many weddings. Yeah, and also with social media, it's like I I the people that I would want to check on, I still follow you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't need to reunite.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm nosy, but I don't need to Again.
Speaker 1: I don't have to hop on a plane, hop on a plane and then off for nothing but get dressed to go up to see people from high school. Good luck managing the anxiety there and then actually having to not just be like, so what are you doing now, but continue a conversation after that.
Speaker 5: Also iconic episode of the other two when they're on the way when he's on the way to the reunion, and he's like singing along and it's like, oh, everyone is like talking about you because like you live in New York. Like that's kind of a that's like satisfying.
Speaker 2: But that's but it works for a TV episode, Yeah, I don't think it works for real life. But then you're just there, You're just You're literally just there.
Speaker 1: You are just there. And also, like I'm telling you, like every conversation would be longer than you needed to be. Like I can barely get through conversations with people I like, period. And well.
Speaker 4: That's why I hate hosting a podcast.
Speaker 1: Talking disgusting yourself. This I have for it. I can hear every day, and I'm so upset with my life. Well I didn't choose it. Y'all chose it for me. You made this podcast successful. Fuck you, I should do this to me.
Speaker 2: Hi i q eq king yea Rogers And this is not inferable.
Speaker 1: This was so so fun. And I would have paid for y'all's friends. I would have for y'all friendship in college, just like.
Speaker 4: I paid two hundred thousand dollars. I can have a lesbian shape.
Speaker 1: That's the best we can do. That because it's a lot of movement.
Speaker 3: You're like subtle and seeking attention.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? That's ours is doing Yeah, that's hovering. We truly love your podcast. Let me say this.
Speaker 2: It's on Wonder. You simply must listen. It is truly the better version of this podcast, and watch it on YouTube because we got to get those numbers up.
Speaker 1: Come on, yeah, I'm telling give you a good visual and I'm like I'm looking at it and I'm like, no, people need to be watching this. You need you shading their number as well the numbers.
Speaker 4: Because I'm like, why wouldn't you, Why wouldn't you.
Speaker 5: Money mentality, I am pain.
Speaker 1: And I'm proud of you, and we and every every every we end every episode.
Speaker 5: With the song.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know what song is in my head right now? Because when I will live buy a million, come helove, cause they do, I am.
Speaker 6: Let it right, Let it right, let it roight.
Speaker 1: Song came out. I was like the thil song has ever gotten part of the Remember the beat?
Speaker 4: It was like this cronky beat.
Speaker 1: It was like really nine it was back then I was a singer in high school. Kevin Rudolf listening the Lord we've been listening last.
Speaker 2: Culture Racis is the production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players in the Heart Radio.
Speaker 1: Podcasts, Created and hosted by Matt Rogers and Bowen Yang. Executive produced by Anna Hasnier and.
Speaker 2: Hans Sani, Produced by Becker Ramos, edited mixed by Doug Baby Monika Board and.
Speaker 1: Our music is by Henry Komirski. Hey everybody, it's me Matt Rogers, letting you know. Tickets are on sale now to see me on tour the Prince of Christour that is, I'm doing my whole album Have You Heard of Christmas? Plus a lot more with the whole band all throughout December. Go to www dot Mattrogersofficial dot com to see me in a city near you