Speaker 1: Hey, it's I Do Part two and it's your celebrity mentors Brian Austin Greene and Kathy Schwartz.
Speaker 2: And we are in beautiful.
Speaker 1: Salving, California, on a fabulous farm with some of our farmers from Farmer Wants a Wife and incredible it's an incredible farm. And sitting between us right now is Farmer Matt from season three and we are going to kick it off and.
Speaker 2: Wait, can we just wish him a happy birthday weekend?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Tomorrow it'll be twenty one, twenty one years.
Speaker 1: He's going to be thirty two, which is amazing because I turned thirty four the next week after that. So we're just always celebrating birthdays. Or how about you, how about the fieldest one in the room always happened?
Speaker 4: Maybe I could give you guys some advice.
Speaker 1: Okay, so on with that in mind, something really interesting to note here is that Farmer Wants a Wife is the biggest dating show in the world. It has aired in thirty two countries and resulted in two hundred and twenty six marriages, and after I finished, it's going to be two hundred and twenty seven and five hundred and sixty five babies with four more on the way. Again, I'll pass on that. Of those, they must be doing something right. So let's got what do you say.
Speaker 2: The for those numbers are incredible and their bananas and I don't there's a part of me that doesn't really believe them. I feel like maybe they're they've added those numbers to make it seem I iced to think that too. Right, Well, we'll get your roster. Yeah, I would like I would like name by name, experience by experience. So you were on last season, and first of all, like, did okay, did you really come on the show looking for a wife?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Absolutely, Well there's you know, being thirty two, I'm get in my thirties. Yeah, I would like to view it somebody.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I you know, at the time they approached it.
Speaker 2: To choose, like, yeah, I want to be with someone, so I think I'm going to go on a reality show and I mean the same thing. Why why do you giving them a hard time? I'm just asking It just seems like because you're young, and that just seems like a like an interesting step to take.
Speaker 4: It was Yeah, I'm glad it did it. It wasn't something I sought out, they approached me.
Speaker 2: So you didn't consider other dating shows?
Speaker 4: No, I never thought I would do something like that in my life. You know, I don't really watch a lot of reality TV, but I would you know, seen clips and that not for me.
Speaker 2: So what did your family? What did your family say?
Speaker 4: They were so excited. My parents actually were fans of the show before I have ever been heard of it. Okay, so when I got reached out to, my whole family was very excited, forced me to do it.
Speaker 2: And and how how was that experience? You met someone on the show? Right? That was?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's wild. I mean, yeah. One one of the things that I tell people about this show probably different than any others. There's a lot of things. But they film in your home. So we're here on Shawn's ranch today. I mean, the girls are living here, which is wild. Normally you fly off to some tropical location, which I thought it nice too, But it's weird to have like a huge film crew and all these women and everything in your own territory in your home. That's not okay.
Speaker 2: And this is a very interesting representation of a farm, like this is not this is pretty badass. Yeah, it's I could live here and I'm not a farmer at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I grew up in New England and this does not represent any kind of farm I.
Speaker 2: Grew up and this is gorgeous, but it's it's fabous. But I want to know.
Speaker 1: I want to get back to your family. So what kind of filmly did you grow up in? Like, when it came to your parents' relationship, what was your example of marriage?
Speaker 2: What were you looking for?
Speaker 4: I couldn't have been any better, And I think in some ways when I was younger, I didn't realize how good I had it. My parents have been married about forty six years. My grandparents were married fifty something years. No pressure, Yeah, I know, right. I have three siblings that are all married with kids, and so you know in our family there's just there isn't any divorce or any of that. And so I had such good examples, but these days things are a little different out there, and so you know, it's.
Speaker 2: Well again, then let's circle back to and then you took the risk of coming and doing it here you were like this. Yeah, it's like the representation of relationships in my life has been pretty strong. Yeah, I'm going to come on a reality show I feel like this is going to be where I find my partner for life.
Speaker 4: I like to do things a little different.
Speaker 2: Do you believe in love att first sight?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so. I think you can see someone and be pretty interested. I mean might change my mind, but yeah, it's a wild thing to do. But I will say I did my research on the show, and my parents had seen it, and this show is different than any other dating show. I think a lot of the you know, in my opinion, eighty five percent of the cast, whether it was Girls on My Farm or the other guys was, were all actually there for genuine reasons, which I didn't really expect. To me, There's to be a lot more of people there for the clout and all that, but.
Speaker 2: You would assume that everybody's showing up. It's that part of like I want to be on a show.
Speaker 4: And to make a lot of the shows that we see are like that, right, and so this one's not that way. I think it's pretty genuine and it is pretty real and a lot of the cast, you know, I would say, majority are faith based people who really there to meet somebody. I mean, I was pretty shocked. I'd say all almost all of the girls that I had selected were very genuine.
Speaker 2: So what was your What was the trait?
Speaker 1: Obviously you're looking for a woman who you know wants to move here and be your wife and give you twenty six children?
Speaker 2: But what was the trade thirty children?
Speaker 1: I was just accounting for, maybe, you know, the slow start.
Speaker 2: What's the trait, the underlying traite?
Speaker 1: Obviously you want pretty, you want to attract me, you want smart, you want somebody's be a great mom and all that. Now give me something else. What's that hidden trait, that hidden gem that you're looking for.
Speaker 4: I think in today's dating climate, it's pretty rough out there. There's the people's morals are just not what they used to be, and people are there for a lot of other reasons. I think it's just comes down to Loyalty is a big part of it, but just really how someone operates out other than being with me. It's not just about us, It's like, how are you as a person in general? Yeah? You know, what do you do and no one's looking?
Speaker 2: How's your sure that someone's always looking?
Speaker 3: Usually?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I find out, well, especially when you're on a show like this, Yeah, everybody much?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wow, what's your biggest turn off in dating. I'm writing a book here, I need to know.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know a lot of things. I think it's how you treat other people, because I've dated girls in the past that maybe to me they're great and it's all fun, but then you're kind of seeing how they're talking about their friends, or how they interact with family or a waiter or whatever it is. So you got to keep an eye out for that.
Speaker 2: Is that your biggest dick?
Speaker 4: I would say that's up there. Yeah, someone mistreating someone else. It's not how I operate.
Speaker 1: So wow, hmmm, Well, now we have to get down to the So I'm I'm single and dating this.
Speaker 2: Guy, but I'm working on him. She's She's been trying to get drinks in me all morning and I'm like, no, So, are you.
Speaker 1: Open to dating divorced women? Are you to dating older women? Tell me your I mean, you are just.
Speaker 2: On the couch and I could sit closer to you.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Let's make sure we get pretty even right now. Yeah, I have date dated someone in the past is divorced that had children already, So yeah, it would be open to it. You know, it just depends on the situation.
Speaker 2: You forgot the second part of the question. Is it older women? Oh, you don't have to answer that. You don't have to answer that. I didn't say me. I'm just going to take the heat off of you right now. I want you to feel comfortable sitting on this couch. Okay? Can we so this? So this was brought to our attention earlier? Can we talk a little bit about Chelsea?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 4: What do you want that?
Speaker 2: Sure? I was so that. So Chelsea is who you ended up with, right? And I heard recently that that you guys that you no longer follow her.
Speaker 1: You don't follow her on Instagram and she doesn't follow you, and there's no limit to the number of people you can follow.
Speaker 2: So spill what happened.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know, in a nutshell, we did date for a while after the show, and uh, I think we liked each other. It was just it didn't pan out, and not for any particular reason. Friends, Oh, I would use that word. She's a She's a great person of nothing, not a single bad thing is Where is she from? She is from Texas? I thought so aware, ye small town?
Speaker 2: What do you mean you thought so?
Speaker 1: Because I get around Dallas you're not gonna believe this. I know her really, no, right, you tell.
Speaker 2: Me exactly she said, you're not going to believe.
Speaker 1: You just wanted to see you squirm and it worked. So are you into square dancing or line dancing? Because I had to learn it when I moved to Texas.
Speaker 4: No, I don't fall around with that stuff. You don't dance trying to get me to do that on the show actually one of the episodes, and I refused, you cannot. I'm more of a free dancer, you know, after like ten dranks, maybe I'll get not just kind of like in.
Speaker 2: A circle like it. Yeah, you and everybody moving into kill over.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Not a big choreograph dancer.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So I'm asking for a friend. If a woman is a bad kisser, is that a turn off or something you can work with?
Speaker 4: Oh boy, you know, it's a lot more about a lot of other things said.
Speaker 2: Get out of here, Come on now. No, kissing is a big. Kissing is a.
Speaker 4: Big I think there's chemistry with somebody, you know, there is.
Speaker 2: There's no nothing that takes you out of a situation. Keep talking. Then bad kissing, Yeah, a bad kisser of course, because it pulls you completely. For me, it pulls you completely out of the moment. There have been times where I've thought, oh, this is really this could be something, and then the kiss was bad, and it's like breaks, what if she was great in bad? Doesn't it? Well? You don't want to This is iHeart, man, this is how we do it. I told you I'm tired. I am. I'm on the dating scene.
Speaker 1: I'm getting I'm using you guys to get all the information we Okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm just a small, humble farmer. I don't kiss and tell Oh.
Speaker 2: Come on, now, he doesn't kiss and tell them. He doesn't dance. I mean.
Speaker 4: You well, I didn't say did you grow avocados?
Speaker 2: Come on, there's gotta be more than that. Yeah, are you dating qualities?
Speaker 4: I've dated around a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you like an English major? Just it's yes or no? Are you dating now?
Speaker 4: I've been dating.
Speaker 2: I have been.
Speaker 1: I like, let's use can use the subjunctive. I would date if.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, there's this whole year has been a whirlwind, as you can imagine afterwards.
Speaker 2: Jesus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so I'm just trying to make sure I'm in a good position to be with somebody else, because there's a lot Like one thing you don't realize maybe is there's a lot of stuff that comes along with being on a dating show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for some reason, pressure all of a sudden. I'm sure when you go out, people go well that and.
Speaker 4: Then you know someone got to see you, you know, get a bunch of other people and said as their family and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: So it could happen to anyone morally. How was that for you having so many women and going through that. I tried my best to dating them all at the same time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was weird. It was harder than I thought because I think I didn't realize how real it was going to be. Yeah, so then a lot of people were really invested emotionally.
Speaker 2: So were you invested emotionally with more than one woman?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: I knew it was going to be Chelsea from the beginning.
Speaker 4: I don't know from the beginning. There was such a whirlwind. There's so much going on. I think probably halfway through I realized that that was going to be the case.
Speaker 2: Wow, And so how long does the season last?
Speaker 4: Like, how long are you filming?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The filming was about five weeks. But it felt like six months. Yeah, it's an intense like it was. I think we had an intense five weeks. I think we had two days off in the five weeks. And you're filming all day nine am to ten pm sometimes.
Speaker 2: And are they picking all of the activities and the things that you do?
Speaker 4: And they let me have a lot of creative freedom with like dates and that kind of thing. So they would kind of like set things up around what I wanted to do or things I like to do, which was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: That's great. Yeah, what was your best date? What were you doing? I mean.
Speaker 4: Best date? Are you doing good one?
Speaker 2: What was I we'll get your mind out of the gut or bots. You're the one that said it. It wasn't me, Like what.
Speaker 3: Were you doing?
Speaker 2: You sort of sad? Why? Seeding a baby goat? Picking a nova? Connor specific?
Speaker 4: It was fun. It was really fun, like the group kind of dates with all the girls because we got like shut myself on the foot on that one. You know what I meant, I did? It was a blast. I mean we're out there on my pharm and these girls are all picking avocados.
Speaker 2: I was going to say my show group dates sucked.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that was a blast, and I really liked all the girls even besides, like in a dating way. It was fun having them all there. They were neat people. I'm friends with a lot of them still.
Speaker 1: So so what's the biggest misconception then about farmers from.
Speaker 4: Just farmers in general across across the board.
Speaker 1: I mean, I would say farmers that are in there, I would assume that, like a peanut farmer is very different.
Speaker 4: There's a really there's a really big range. Like me and some of the guys got a lot of hate afterwards and like they're not a real farmer.
Speaker 2: You're you're not growing correctly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, people think of a farmer and they think of a small town Midwest like hardworking guy out there on a tractor all day. And that is the case a lot of people. But like for us, we don't operate that way. We can't. We have to have labor crews and different piece it's more like management and stuff.
Speaker 2: Like getting at this place absolutely brings that tol like, oh this is there's not one guy running all of this. This is like you have a crew and he's making coffees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a big range, that's.
Speaker 2: What he does Now, I really love making coffee. You're all about the coffee and you're all about the vodkast. So between the two of us, listen, them's fighting words. You and I are going at.
Speaker 4: It, but just settle on an espresso marchini.
Speaker 1: Matt, Now you really do want an older woman because that's one of my drinks.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I have a question that people ask me all the time. I was on Golden Bachelor and Bachelor in Paradise. Did not find love on either one? Because what are you looking at? Slash Kathy and Matt walks off into the sunset. Hi, kids, I'm not coming home. I'm picking avocados in California. See it was coming from reality TV one way or the other. That's that's why you're.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I want to know, seriously that what did you learn about yourself? I get asked this all the time. What did you learn about yourself? Did you change? It's like a multifaceted question. Do you think of yourself differently? All those things?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: I don't think of myself differently at all. It's been a really amazing experience. I've made a lot of good friends out of it, which is really cool. I think I now, going through all this stuff and all this I'm just like, Okay, I know what i want. Like, I'm not gonna do you want?
Speaker 2: What do you want? Oh?
Speaker 4: I want to be now you know what I want to be with my wife, whoever that may be. But I am really looking at someone's morals at this point, not just you know, not just looks.
Speaker 2: The fun. The heat coming off of this end of the couch is like unbelievable. Just tell me, this is an air conditioned room.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you something. I will get you back. This day is not over, No, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a long day.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So okay, so you really are seriously looking. I mean because I'm a mother of three and you're a little younger than my youngest child. So I could adopt you or I could date you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one of the two.
Speaker 2: But but I.
Speaker 1: Would say, you know, thirty two, you could, you could, you could shop around for a while.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 4: I don't want to though. Yeah, I think after all this experience, there's a blast. Obviously getting attention from girls is the worst thing. But I'm really looking. I would get fooled before a lot when I was younger and looks and all this, you know, having fun and all that, but I think you come to realize like that, if you're not with someone who respects you and has the same morals and cares about your family or that, just it's just not gonna work. It might be fun for a little bit, but.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love I'm serious that.
Speaker 1: As a mom, I love hearing that because that's what you want for your children. You want them to realize that there's so much more. I was married almost forty six years before my husband passed away, and marriage is an easy and so I love hearing you say that.
Speaker 4: You're no, I mean, it's there's gonna be a lot of tough stuff you go through no matter what. And so you don't want someone that's.
Speaker 2: I don't know, somebody's good looking at you. How tough can it be? Really?
Speaker 4: Well, it's it's not about that though, yeah, but yeah, just I'm looking way past all that stuff now.
Speaker 1: All right, So I have one more question for you, and then you're taking it away because I know you have a lot. What advice do you have for the farmers from you know, from Brayden and Sean and Brett Season four Farmers.
Speaker 4: I'm excited for those guys. I got to talk to Sean quite a bit. He called me before filming a couple of times, yeah, during and after, and so I try to give him as much information as I could possibly advice that I had, but I would just say, you know, have fun with this. Is that once in a lifetime experience. Not a lot of people get to do this.
Speaker 2: Had you ever met any of these guys before this, No, not at all. So they reached down and they were like, hey, you were on this show, Like we need just a little inside information.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, to expect to man, it's crazy and they don't give you a lot of information going into it, and they give you an idea, but you don't know how it's going to be day to day, and so mostly just have fun with it. It's really easy to get like in your head and get like, you know, locked into this whole thing, you know, but just have fun. And I think that the real dating comes after the show, Like once you choose that girl, everything kind of fades and the cameras are gone.
Speaker 2: So how did it change for you?
Speaker 4: Which which part?
Speaker 1: Well, when you say I agree with you, not that I would know. I've never been chosen, But this's my time's.
Speaker 2: Coming to get there. We'll get there.
Speaker 1: But seriously, I imagine being in that bubble. How does how is it so different when you come off the show?
Speaker 4: Well, it was wild. Like me and the other guys were traveling around the country journalist press, media stuff. We're going to these big events and there's girls that are chasing you around, asking for photos and a lot of stuff, and you know, you get kind of caught up in it for a second, like this is pretty fun. But besides all of that, that's just not gonna last. You know, that's a fun experience, but it's nothing to do with a real relationship. So right, I think, in my opinion, the show gets you to the point where you can learn enough about these girls where you can pick someone that you think it's going to work with, and then from there the real process starts. It takes time you start.
Speaker 2: Really dating, because you're not dating here, no.
Speaker 4: I mean you're getting to know somebody. But in five weeks, I mean, there's a lot more to learn. It takes time, you know what. I've just got a brilliant idea. I'm a producer at heart. When these guys they've chosen apparently. I mean, the season's going to start airing, why don't you find out who they didn't choose? You've got you have twenty seven No, okay, I just thought those are you know, try to be respectful here.
Speaker 2: No sappy seconds for this guy. There's something to that idea, though. I think that's a good like. I think there's prime Yeah, I think like there's a there's an after the show show kind of aspect to that. It could be fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's definitely that could happen.
Speaker 2: How was it for you going from uh, being on a farm and having a very sort of simple life to all of a sudden being within this tornado? Because that's what these situations are. I mean, you you shoot this for five weeks and then you go back home, and then all of a sudden the season airs and you're back out doing all of this press and all of this stuff. It's just insane.
Speaker 4: It's a roller coaster. I mean, you're living your own regular life at home, and then one day, like thirty people roll up in bands and all this equipment and all this stuff, and all of a sudden you're doing all this crazy stuff and then you're on the today show, and then you're flying around with all these Fox folks doing these different things, and it's it's you know, it's like a real high high. And then you come home the next day and then you're sitting there by yourself, right, yeah, what just happened? You're doing that kind of back and forth.
Speaker 2: Well, you're on the red carpet one day and you're shoveling barn the next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, you know, it's really funny and funny story. So me and John from the show, somehow we worked our way onto the red carpet at the acmwards and we're getting our photos taken. We're next to like all these you know, Alan Jackson and all these like famous guys, and we're like pinching ourselves. And then we didn't get the right credentials for some reason, someone messed up or whatever. And then we leave the red carpet and they wouldn't even let us into like the event. They like to know who we were, and.
Speaker 2: We're in the high and the lowest lows.
Speaker 4: I swear, just on the red carpet with the guys performing.
Speaker 2: Please see the pictures that we were taking. You saw me? Yeah, yeah, I don't wear these boots just anywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so now that you are, now that you are becoming an older man at the ripe age of almost thirty two, godfriends, give me for saying this.
Speaker 2: What's the birthday plan? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm trying to do this year usually go out and throw a big party all stuff, but turning my address. Yeah you there tomorrow.
Speaker 2: No, I.
Speaker 4: I have nine nieces and nephews and try to take them all camping.
Speaker 2: Seriously, that's cool, that's cool.
Speaker 4: That would be a cool memory.
Speaker 1: Women will love that, seriously, that you are take care of.
Speaker 2: Your men will love that. Like. That is not that he doesn't want man. No, I'm not saying because he wants men. I'm saying, like, that's a cool my my son, my who just turned twelve. That's like he wants to go camping to bring like three. It's a destination thing. It's very It's an experience. I I that's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I've done all this really cool stuff, crazy experiences no one will ever get. In my opinion, that's I'd rather be doing that.
Speaker 2: You know, so you really are a family guy. Yeah, for sure. It's the simple things that Yeah, you're at the right place. You're on a farm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like it. I Sean will let me move in.
Speaker 2: That was amazing having you here. Thank you. Farmer Matt. How does that feel first name being farmer? Now? We talked about this before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, I'll never live it down amongst my family.
Speaker 2: You've embraced it.
Speaker 4: I've embraced it. Yeah, I'll take it. We're happy to be invited back.
Speaker 2: The day talking to some other farmers, some other people from the show.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk with farmer Brett and Farmer Braden and farmer Sean, and we're gonna touch notes with them and.
Speaker 4: Don't take it easy on them, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, to take it easy, not really.
Speaker 2: It'll be like putting wrestling and stuff like. It'll be all sorts of things.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, I haven't got to those guys too well yet, but they seem great and I'm excited for him.
Speaker 2: We are thrilled that you came to join on. So it's a pleasure meeting you.
Speaker 1: And yet no, no, okay, so we're back Brian and Kathy sitting here with Brett, another farmer. We're so excited to get into it with you here, So I want the first question for you? What was it about the show that made you want to take the leap of faith? Compared to other dating shows that are out there.
Speaker 3: I would say the main thing about this show is that you have a major wholesome component to it. You know, it's not just about you know, being promiscuous or you know, seeing what you can do or how many times you can take your shirt off. This one's more so about you know, you're bringing people into your hometown. You're trying to find the right person that fits in with who you are as a person and going from there. So you know, I don't think I would have done any other show other than this one. Really.
Speaker 2: Wow, So Brat, you were a bull rider? Did you ever break any bones?
Speaker 3: Yeah, mostly concussions, but broke ribs TOI ligaments my my forearm, my wrist, and got my legs stepped on a lot. I'm about six inches two to to be a bull rider.
Speaker 1: Can I just tell you I wrote a mechanical bull once and that ended my bull riding career, just saying.
Speaker 3: It's not the riding drinks of falling off it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: So I'm curious you mentioned finding the wholesome relationship that this is a wholesome show. So I'm guessing that you come from a wholesome family. What kind of wholesome family, what kind of household did you grow up? And tell me a little bit about it and your parents' relationship, because I'm guessing that helped inform what you were looking for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, well, one grew up in a Christian household and that's a big part of it. And then two you, I mean, I think for all of us, actually we have you kind of model what your parents do is, as you know, your path to a good relationship, especially if they have a good relationship. So for me, it was pretty much just seeing how my parents treated each other and how they have been in their marriage my whole life, and you kind of you kind of learned from them and use that to go on.
Speaker 2: Wow, true, that's true. How many times you feel like you've been like really in love? And I know love changes as you get older. So now at this point in life compared to in your twenties, how is it different?
Speaker 3: I mean, how many times have I actually been in it? Probably once one where I you know, I was like, you know, that's probably going to be it for me, and I was young. But the older you get, like you said, it changes and you kind of understand more about relationships and how they're supposed to feel. And it's not just what I call being love struck when everything's great at the moment and then it turns out not to be so great, like you think you're in love, but six months down the road, you know it changes. And so I when I was about my mid twenties, I had a strict three month th all. So after about three months is when you start seeing your sales come out and relationships. So I always gave it three minds before I decided if that's somebody I actually wanted a date, or if.
Speaker 2: I learned I learned recently that like that not learned recently, but I like I really understood the concept of it recently. People always talk about the the honeymoon phase in a relationship. I honestly think that the honeymoon phase is how long you can fake it, fake being the person that you think the other person wants to be with. But then after a while, of course, like you're gonna you're gonna get stressed out, You're gonna have a tough day that all of a sudden that mask comes off and then it's you, and then that honeymoon phase is over because now you guys are seeing who you truly are, and sometimes you don't like who you see. I think it's I think it's important to start off without that, like to just jump right in and be who you are. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I do too. And that's that's a big thing about this show that I went into it with. And I told the girls on the first day, I said, I don't care what you look like with makeup on. I don't care who you are when cameras are rolling. I was like, I want to see who you are when there is nobody around.
Speaker 2: Because that's what you're gonna be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that's what you're gonna get. And so for me, I like, I wanted to make that a point from the very beginning to where be yourself around me because I'm gonna I'm gonna see who you are. We're around each other all day every day, so I'm going to figure it out eventually, See, it's better just to do it now.
Speaker 1: And then it's kind of like the dating apps that I know a lot about. When you go on a day app and you go to meet a guy and they're like twenty years older, fifty pounds heavy. You like, did you think I wouldn't notice? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well do you think I wouldn't meet you? Yeah? Exactly who you are.
Speaker 1: And like somebody said here earlier, say what you mean, mean what you say, who you are, because that's ultimately what you're going to fall in my lasting man.
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, So those are really really important things for a relationship. And I admire you that your age, you have figured it out. I'm really impressed. But now I am from Texas and I do like tequila, so I know that you do own how'd you like to that transition? That a great segment. Okay, So I do love tequila, and there's nothing better than a tall tequila soda and a little bit of line. But you do own a tequila, Brandon. You did say you're going to send me a bottle? Right, Yeah, so's now been on the podcast, so it will happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you said it publicly, said it publicly. Yeah, I'll send you a couple of cases.
Speaker 2: A couple of cases.
Speaker 3: Wait, they're in the Selier category. It's not a Battle of tequila. It's a selser category what drink.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 4: I'm in.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 3: That's what can It's.
Speaker 2: Less for me to mix.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's my question what to go with that fabulous tequila soda selter? What is your favorite favorite romantic meal to eat while sipping on one of those selters.
Speaker 2: And he's cooking it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean a seltzer in particular.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Favorite meal would probably be.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I love Italian food when I can get it. And if you have your favorite real Italian food, Like, what's your favorite anything?
Speaker 2: Anything Italian is? Well, like there's chicken pacata.
Speaker 3: There's chicken Pacata's way up there.
Speaker 2: For look at that. Well, too bad, you're already taken or maybe already taken or could be Italian food. It's just so simple. Yeah, and it's so good even like the crappy Italian food I can still do deal with.
Speaker 3: I'm going to the redneck answer and said fried catfish.
Speaker 1: But can I just tell you Brett fried cat fits. It's not Italian, No, it's not, but it's southern. It's Okay, so your most romantic meal is Italian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'd say so. I'd say so will drinking tequila? Yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: I mean I agree, really I do.
Speaker 3: What's your what's your romantic meal?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: If I'm having a romantic meal, it's going to start with oysters because they are afrodisia. Yeah, start with that, and then who cares what you wait.
Speaker 2: You can't eat them, Brian can't.
Speaker 3: So I'm not big on them either, do you like not after hearing about them just being sponges.
Speaker 2: I just don't know. It's there like slippery stuff.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's just it's like like it's a it's a weird, like you taste the ocean. It's a like bin. I know, I'm not thank you, thank you, Brett. I like that. I feel loves him. I'll watch or eat them all day long.
Speaker 1: So your true story here. I never had a muscle. My husband loved oysters, muscles, named some other things clams. I used to look at them the way you're talking like that's disgusting. It slippery, God knows words been. We're literally raftery died of well, you know, everything else gone to hell. Let's try a muscle and I love them.
Speaker 2: You take this thing out of losing a partner, you really do. Yeah, such a way with words. All right, So Bratt, real real quick. Last question. Yeah, you're the oldest farmer on the show. Have you ever gotten close to getting married before? I mean, what is it that makes you feel like you might be ready now?
Speaker 3: I mean the closest that I've gotten was when I was twenty twenty twenty one years old, and like I said, that's you know that really young would be doing something like that. But I don't know, man, I don't settle, And uh, this isn't This wasn't me going in desperation trying to find a why or anything like that. It was more so of you know what, this is a good opportunity to meet some people that I'm never that I would have never met, and you know, if something great comes out of it, then it's a when. If something doesn't, I'm gonna go right back to doing what I was doing.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: No loss, Yeah, there's no there's no way to lose here.
Speaker 1: So you wait, you're saying you're a different I mean, obviously you are, but you're much more different now and looking for different things now. Than you were let's call it twenty one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because at twenty one, you're just looking for the hottest thing or you know, something that's fun at the time, and you don't really understand.
Speaker 2: We're back to but boots, we're back to that question.
Speaker 3: I mean, and that's part of it. And but you know, you don't really understand what you actually want because you change throughout your twenties, and like, who I was at twenty one and who I was and who I was at thirty is a completely different person and they're looking for completely different things. So and I think that's why a lot of people get in trouble nowadays, where they feel like they got to settle and jump on the marriage trend early and they end up getting divorced by twenty seven, twenty eight. And it's I mean, it's just because every it's the it's the shiny thing in front of you, right.
Speaker 2: I jumped on it early too, because my father, by the time he was twenty four, he had me and he had married my mom, who already had three kids. It was like it was like, what I'm like, your father was twenty forty four, he married a woman that had two kids and had me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then my parents got married by when they were twenty one twenty three.
Speaker 2: I got married when I was when I was like twenty nine. I was like, I gotta get like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Are you from around here?
Speaker 2: I'm from North Hollywood?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And it well so and I imagine I guess it's some more similar, but like in the South, like it's that's you know, one of the things you.
Speaker 2: Do, what you do?
Speaker 3: You get married young, have babies.
Speaker 1: And yeah, Brett, when I was twenty, yeah, ten days after I turned twenty, I got married and everybody and I'm from Massachusetts originally, and everybody thought I was pregnant, you know, shotgun ways it wasn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't have kids for eight and a half years. But I think you're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and seeing the South, that would be a normal Maria, normal Marriag yes, you know. But for me, I'm just always the type not to settle for anything unless I'm one hundred percent sure about it.
Speaker 2: So well, that's.
Speaker 3: Why I'm on a dating show.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm on a dating show.
Speaker 1: And we are so glad that we've had a chance to chit chat with you today. You are an amazing man. We can't wait to see your season.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We wish you all the best in your search for loves, and we hope Farmer finds his wife.
Speaker 3: Yeah wellngratulations, Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Guess yeah, thank you, thank you. Farmer Wants a Wife returns for season four on Tuesday, April twenty first at eight and seventh Central on Fox