Speaker 1: Welcome everybody, fade this episode twenty six of our run. I'm told by Billy we are going to have a very special twenty seventh edition next week where we celebrate by You know, twenty seven is a number that how many outs are in a game for each team.
Speaker 2: What else is number? Twenty seven?
Speaker 3: Are any of you all twenty seven?
Speaker 2: That's twenty seven? Have someone in the age.
Speaker 4: Outs in a baseball game? Did you already say that?
Speaker 2: Billy's here?
Speaker 1: Billy, I mean literally, that's what I said. It's the only thing I say. Well, I just if you want to enjoy your show, thanks anytime you're ready. This is faide this and as you can see, we're already off to a stellar start.
Speaker 2: Drew Franklin and Matt Jones.
Speaker 1: Drew, I feel so good about my picks this week that I decided to wear sunglasses.
Speaker 3: It's gonna ask uh. The whole show so distracted, the future is so bright. I'm going to be wearing shades for this.
Speaker 2: We're indoors. Everyone at home. They can't see Matt.
Speaker 3: He's wearing sunglasses. It's kind of throwing me off a little bit. Why is it throwing you off? Shady Only? John Wall does this, You're now on the second to do it, John Wall, and on Ted Lesso's zaza. Okay, he does, that's gonna be. We're gonna be the three people that do it. Billy, what do you think of this look? Because I'm so confident about the picks this time.
Speaker 4: I think you probably need to hide your face after the picks last week.
Speaker 2: That's kind of what I was thinking. There's one real one we're gonna address.
Speaker 1: I didn't think I had a great week, and part of it is is kind of changing the usual. Right do you put the sunglasses on, start to reflect on your on your past, and you get back to what we need. Now, tell me how we did. I feel like I did okay in the pros but bad in college?
Speaker 2: What I do, Matt?
Speaker 4: In college? You were four seven and one. It's not terrible, while Drew was six five and one.
Speaker 2: There were a couple of people in this trew one. I don't like these ones. It throws off numbers.
Speaker 4: Throw out was Auburn at Missouri. Missouri was a four point favorite. I think that game, Oh that game got one.
Speaker 2: That's stunt.
Speaker 1: Stunt because I picked Auburn and they led the whole game and should have won.
Speaker 3: And I bet Missouri on game day at three and a half, so I won money but lost on fade this because I think it was four and a half when we recorded throw Away the one yeah number throws them off.
Speaker 2: Ties are gone.
Speaker 3: Okay, we both tied. So what happened in the Pros.
Speaker 4: And the Pros, you guys were both four and four. So for a total, Matt you were eight and eleven while Drew was ten and.
Speaker 2: Nine, still not losing money.
Speaker 4: In the Pros total Matt was sixty sixty four and fifty four and Drew is fifty nine and fifty nine.
Speaker 3: I told you I'm coming back, and Drew is right.
Speaker 2: I had.
Speaker 3: I had a horrible first week and I promised our listeners give me time. I'll get back in the green. We're almost there.
Speaker 1: Well, so, uh, I'm ten games over five hundred. Heat is five hundred, which means if you bet everything we say, which sometimes we country victory since we pick different things, but in general, if you were to bet everything, you're not losing money, right, So that's that's that's ultimately what this is all about.
Speaker 3: Well, you got to go like fifty two percent to make a little money. No, no even know. When we add ours up, we are pasted.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: You're four ahead of five hundred. I'm at five hundred.
Speaker 2: That's that's I'm ten ahead of five excuse me, sixty four and fifty.
Speaker 4: Speaking of losing money, there was a couple of people in this room that were worried about the cat. CBS presents Kathy Bates as Matt lock Lock of the week, which was Nebraska plus six and a half.
Speaker 1: All right, So if for people who listened last time I said that Billy Mario had their their checks, we're going to go on to this game. I talked to the HR and iHeart, Uh, they said, seemed completely logical and reasonable.
Speaker 2: Yes they did. They.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you followed the FTC, but they've allowed this. They've allowed companies to bet their SAP paychecks for their employees.
Speaker 3: My heart was actually thrilled to save them. So appreciate you guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah so they so they But but they did give me permission, okay, to allow you all to invest again this book run it back. They gave me permission. I have a thought as to the one I want to invest it on, but I'll wait and see if Drew picks it. But I do want to apologize to those of you. I thought Kathy bits performance is Matt Locke, which is without question exquisite, that the Nebraska over Indiana pick was worth it.
Speaker 3: I think I think if Kathy Bates had been at running back for Nebraska, they might have done better than they did.
Speaker 1: That was a shocking result. I haven't been on Husker Nation, but are they upset about that?
Speaker 2: They are?
Speaker 3: I liked Indiana, but did not in a million years expect that. Uh, your your Cornhuskers had five turnovers and they went over on several fourth down attempts. And if you do that, here's no chance in hell you're winning football.
Speaker 2: You're gonna lose. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I think most of their fourth down attempts were kind of in Indiana. You're right at the fifties, so when they take over, you know your easy scores, So long.
Speaker 2: Day for you.
Speaker 1: I do apologize to people. I sort of apologize to Mario and Billy. Look, I mean, it's one week salary.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 1: Just tell your wife Billy that, like, oh sorry, this week, no pedicure, and I feel like that I feel like she'll understand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe if the game was remotely close.
Speaker 2: It had been fun to watch. Yeah, in fact, it was.
Speaker 1: Over and it was the noon game, so like you knew immediately, your whole day was it.
Speaker 2: Date night was canceled that night, right.
Speaker 4: I do appreciate Mario sharing his packet of Ramen noodles the other night that we did eat dinner.
Speaker 3: I have a stat that will make you feel better, Billy and Mario. Yes, as Matt noted, that's one week without salary, but there's fifty two weeks in a year, so you'll be fine. Just throw that one aside. You didn't need that.
Speaker 1: One way to look at it is you just don't get a week of vacation. Yeah right, you could pick up a second job during that week and then next thing, you know, it'll be fine. So I'm sorry, Billy, but you know what it happens.
Speaker 3: I'm still throwing off, buddy, sunglasses. You've just never been the sunglass indoors type. I'm liking it. There's a whole new thing I got going, Like, this is a whole new you know, the Mark Pope era. It's all it's just a St.
Speaker 2: John's hoodie? Is that Saint John's hoodie? Uh? Did Rick give you that. No.
Speaker 1: I was at Rick's first game though, and Rick Tino uh Saint John's Stony Brook last year.
Speaker 3: Oh so you've had that since before them the Rick Patino Kentucky mergers a few weeks ago.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I thought you knew. You mean I went to the very first Saint John's game of the year last year. I happened to be in New York when they were playing. They play out in Queens. You know, I made a decision that, in hindsight, was a bad decision, which was I was like, you know, I like to walk. I like to walk through Manhattan, Let's walk through Queens.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You had to take like the Long Island Railroad to get to the stop that is the closest stop to Saint John's. So I looked it up, got on the l I R R took We got off at the stop in Queens. It was a three point seventy five mile walk from the subway to Saint John's or from the railroad or whatever from to Saint John's. It was not like a dangerous walk, but it wasn't a particularly nice walk. Here's how you know it's not a nice walk. A lot of it didn't have.
Speaker 2: Sidewalks, which said that people didn't think this was something that wasn't a well traversed path. So I was kind of walking on the side of a small highway for part of it. But I got there.
Speaker 1: Went to Louis Karnaseca Arena, which was kind of neat, really small arena, and it was a cool trip. Well, see Rick in his first game, he came on the screen before on the big screen. He was like, I just want everybody know we're not very good, which I thought was an interesting way to get your team pumped up for your first game as coach.
Speaker 2: Not very good.
Speaker 3: Also, I don't walk here, just let my fans known for future games.
Speaker 2: No more walking here. I did, though, I went like, Queens is what you think?
Speaker 1: Like you think it's kind of like the Sopranos, Like I went to pizza places and people like, hey, you know and I And that made me feel good. Every pizza place is named like Tony's or Ricardo's or Angelo's, and I like that it was kind of fitting this stererea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're both big New York guys. I would have enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I recommend going to a Saint John's game on campus if you get a chance, Billy sometime.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never been to New York, but I would. I'd love a street Wiener one day.
Speaker 2: Now you can get those with a lot of places in New York. It's not it's actually not very hard, all right.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna do twelve college games, eight pro games today. Uh, there's not been a whole lot of sort of news in the world except a couple of things that I think are not worth noting. You know, I don't feel comfortable talking.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want to listen to people get angry when I talk about politics on the on the radio show. But here it's like we're monks friends, right, What is it that makes presidential candidates or any candid And it's do things that we know they don't do. So, for instance, Donald Trump went to McDonald's in his in his suit, he put on you know, they closed it. They had fake, fake people eat there. They had like he he made fries and or he said he made fries and he put on his apron oversuit. And I thought it was the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life. And then like and then Kamala Harris, she did something like that, like something with wheat, and she went to like a car manufacturer all that stuff.
Speaker 2: So my question for you is, why do.
Speaker 3: They feel the need to do No one thinks that you just decided to pick up a shift.
Speaker 2: It's clearly a photo off. Is there any person though, who sees Donald Trump and McDonald's and goes see he's a man of the people.
Speaker 3: Sadly, I've seen a lot on Twitter.
Speaker 4: You're underestimating how stupid.
Speaker 2: I'm actually.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you had a picture of him doing it in like nineteen eighty six before he's running for office, okay, but the elections in two weeks it is clearly for that. Like I don't believe that Kamala Harris has ever like rotated an axle on like in a regular day.
Speaker 2: Why do they feel the need to do it now? And why would anyone fall for it? That's the world we live in.
Speaker 3: I actually saw someone with a huge following on Elion's app. It was like, this man has accomplished so much, but he will still come down here in sarvy McDonald's and it was like, what this is a photo? I swear I saw it and I fought this is a phonop mean, I'm not whoever, whoever's running for president like that. No one believes that you just out of the goodness of your heart. And I guess the answer is that there are people. I just can't imagine there's a person so dumb that they would be like, well, you know jd Vance. I didn't realize in his spare time he picked grapes, Like I mean, of course he doesn't pick grapes.
Speaker 2: He's why would you think that?
Speaker 3: Also, the guy that picks grapes for a living, When you get out of his way he's trying to pick I worked at McDonald's, I'd be like, get out of here, Like what are.
Speaker 2: You telling to feed my family this whole Thursday? So that's number one. Number two.
Speaker 1: I think it's kind of good that this election cycle has led to this idea of we don't just have to do regular media. We can go on call her Daddy or busting with the Bros.
Speaker 2: ORVN. Okay, you read my mind, theovonn. Hell, this is where we're going. Okay, this was exactly where we are going. Theovon You know, when I was a kid, THEOVONN was the dumb guwn roles.
Speaker 3: I remember that well, okay, I was also a road Rules fan.
Speaker 1: He was the dumb gullen road Rules and fairly likable is the dumb gown Rules.
Speaker 2: Then he disappeared out of my life for twenty years, Like I would say, from nineteen ninety nine to twenty nineteen, I didn't remember that he existed. He was the same as the.
Speaker 1: Irish guy in Real World two, the one in LA with John Brennan.
Speaker 2: Where's Dominic? Now you thought of him recently? He's not podcasting with Vice President? What about Puck? When's the last time you thought about Puck? Wow?
Speaker 3: Puck probably probably not a while, right, It's what about Assa Vanessaessa something like that?
Speaker 2: Like, okay, So my point is I haven't thought about any of these people. Then all of a sudden, Theo vonn just got popular again. He has a podcast, Billy, I feel like this is your air, your stick.
Speaker 1: Like his thing is that he acts dumb, right, like he's thinkings like bron believe it?
Speaker 2: Like that thing? Is he actually funny like in real life? Yes he is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it Like he's just relatable and somebody that you know brings up just the wildest stories that you can't help but laugh at.
Speaker 2: But is that relatable? Yeah? I think so you have the wild stories too. Oh yeah, I've got some wild stories too.
Speaker 4: I haven't lived in a trailer park, and I'm not you know, my cousins aren't going at it in the next room or anything like that like with Theovannes.
Speaker 2: You listen to the Theovon podcast. I've listened to a few interviews, not the JD. Vance or Okay, political so you know, he's like forty five years.
Speaker 4: I didn't know he was actually smart, Like I didn't know this was.
Speaker 2: I don't know a bit. Well, I'm asking you, is it a bit? I mean it seems pretty genuine. That's why I connect you think you you don't think it's a bit? No? Is it a bit?
Speaker 3: I mean he probably turns it up a little bit, but I think for the most part, and that's him.
Speaker 2: Okay, you gotta.
Speaker 1: Which brings me to he had on Trump. Fine, I mean, if Trump wanted to come on fade this, I'd have Himon like I don't have any problem with anyone. Then he had on JD. Vance, who in real life those two people would hate each other. Is that fair to say, like in real life, price different Yale educated lawyer. You know Theovonne And I don't know if you saw the clip theo vonn was like, I don't even know what's happening with America.
Speaker 2: Bro, Like you can't even like use cocaine anymore.
Speaker 3: And the fact that someone would say that out loud to a someone running.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not a JD.
Speaker 1: Vance fan by any stretch of the imagination, but there's a chance he could be the vice president, and with Donald Trump's mental capacity, there's a chance he could be the president.
Speaker 2: What makes you sit and look and go real? You can't do cocaine anymore? Bro? First of all, was there a time that it was just cool to do cocaine.
Speaker 3: In certain circles?
Speaker 2: It was still well still in certain circle.
Speaker 1: But he's acting like America has gotten so pc we can't do cocaine, and no one's.
Speaker 2: Yelling like, let's legalize cocaine. So where did we get to a point in this process?
Speaker 4: Cell phones, we've gotten dumbed down. Social media. I don't even read the newspaper anymore, man, I get my news from sites like Twitter and they just aggregate.
Speaker 2: Did you used to read the newspaper. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as a kid, I have the sports section.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Okay, I just didn't know. I love newspapers. My mom got like three every mon that's a lot. She got the Herald, the Courier and the Middlesborough Daily News. And I would read the sports sections before I went to school every day. So I mean I actually lived what you're talking about. Yeah, but I just think that this will be the election that's remembered for the dumbest things.
Speaker 2: Theovonne call her daddy McDonald's fries, trying every tactic, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean till they're just throwing stuff at the wall, like maybe it'll be cool if we're on.
Speaker 1: This or so when this ends? Is this going to end? Or is this just the future? Is this just our life from now. It's such an easy comparison that's overused. But the idiocracy thing, we just keep living it. We just keep living it.
Speaker 4: And like the going on call her daddy to relate to people that may not know a lot about you. I think that'll continue, That'll be a common thing, I think probably, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I do wonder if the uniqueness of Trump makes it to where like it was particularly done this time. But when I heard Theovonne like look at look at him and go bro, you can't do cocaine anymore.
Speaker 2: And Jade Vance was like, I'm the giggle a little. He was like, I'm how do I I've got an election here? THEO?
Speaker 3: You know I have a THEO connection. You know him pretty well, could probably get him one. You know him pretty One of my good friends is his manager. I've even texted that before that shirt THEO has on in this where did he get it? And he's responded, you're.
Speaker 2: Friends with Theov's manager.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when he came to Lexow which called out Broadway on his uh on.
Speaker 2: His list, So if you want him on.
Speaker 3: I think I mentioned it on the morning show one time. You know, once upon a time I was a ten Roof legend. I'll even use that word high in the ten Rink Tin Roof power rankings. Well, the manager of Lexing and Tin Roof is now Theo von Vaughan's manager. Someone drink someone that I have you Manny Rat, Well, it's Rat's best friend. I have a picture Theovonn's manager. I passed out one time and he didn't just draw on my face, he completely covered me in Marker, and I mean that's just one of that's so.
Speaker 2: So Theovan's manager is Rat's friend.
Speaker 3: Yes, his name is Tim. I loved him. We could get theovon anytime you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I shouldn't speak. I don't know he's big, but I do, I do have a connection.
Speaker 1: If we want to try have him on, Like we can decide if it's really pretty good with managers here, So like I know Jelly Rolls manager, that's Mary Forest. Jack Harlowe's manager is a former KSR writer Chris Thomas. We now know Rat's friend is Theo's visager.
Speaker 2: Canada bizl one of my favorite who knew.
Speaker 1: So the question is Billy Mario, when will you all be managing brionn and Chicken Froy.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm staying out of that situation.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well that's my rant for politics. And now we'll get back to fad this. Let's do some college games. Got the sunglasses on, ready to go?
Speaker 2: What's first?
Speaker 3: Well, I want to say this wasn't intentional. This was very intentional.
Speaker 2: At noon, we have Nebraska, No, Matt's Nebraska. Here's here's me.
Speaker 3: After Theo's manager drew on my face and the area is there too, Yeah, we got we both have some skeletons on each other. So that's that's my that's my guy. I love some tim back to the back to asking.
Speaker 2: What Aaron from season two of Real World still next time you're talking to it.
Speaker 3: Nebraska at Ohio State. Ohio State is a twenty five and a half point favorite.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think, first of all, I would never bet this game. I'm not. I'm just not doing to it to myself again with Nebraska. Although I actually think I would pick Nebraska to cover here, I'm not doing it. Ohio State pummels them.
Speaker 3: I agree, They've had two weeks to think about what happened to Oregon. They were off last week. Nebraska's better than what happened at Indiana. Even though I like making fun of you all that wasn't supposed to happen. The turnovers and fourth down duds added to that lopsided score. That being said, I still think Ohio State puts it on them this week, trying to bounce back from that loss to the Ducks. They cover that big number I see, like forty five to thirteen or something crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. I think that's the way to go. So let's say we agree. We agree with both. Take Ohio State. The Buckeyes with the victory sunglasses have made their first pick. What's the second one?
Speaker 3: The sunglasses are killing me, Martore, You getting video these sunglasses?
Speaker 2: All right? How about a little Notre Dame and Navy. This is a big one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Notre Dame is a thirteen and a half point favorite, one loss. Notre Dame undefeated, Navy.
Speaker 1: Two Navy, but I really like Notre Dame. Here no offense to Navy. The Naval Academy is one of our armed forces. I believe in them. They're the ones on the water. They're middies. All respect to the Navy. With that said, now it's time to wake up and say, hey, it's been sweet Navy triple option whatever. Notre Dame covers win's by twenty two.
Speaker 3: I live in a Notre Dame household. I have Notre Dame things in my living room because of my wife, and I'm betting against them because I like our Navy better.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't know how you do that.
Speaker 3: Thirteen and a half just seems like too many points. Notre Dame is gonna win, but the game is on a neutral field. Which means it's gonna be all Notre Dame fan probably besides the midshipman that they live in and I'm rolling.
Speaker 2: With our navy.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you for respecting the troops exactly, by the way, serious question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this isn't even a joke. Do troops like when you thank them for their service? It's become a thing now that everyone does, and so if you think about it, it's kind of like when people come up to me and go, I think Cat's gonna be good this year, and I'm like, I talk about it every single day.
Speaker 2: You know. Do you think if.
Speaker 1: You're in the military, right, people say that to him all the time?
Speaker 2: Do they do people like that? I think so.
Speaker 4: I mean there is an overkill, But like you know, when he stands up at a football game, Oh, that's different, like that, that's my dad, you know, like that.
Speaker 1: That's very nice. But if he walks into a party and so he says, this is naval officer rutleds, would he like people going, well, thank you for your service and then saying would you like a drink?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think he'd be fine with that. Okay, Well then I'll keep doing it. I just sometimes feel like I'm making people feel awkward when I say it.
Speaker 3: They don't want to be forgotten or their sacrifice. They want to know people. I'm just speaking on behalf of veterans, but I would think they would appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I keep doing it.
Speaker 3: When I got back from vacation three weeks ago, I landed in Lexton during one of those honor flights, I tweeted a video. I was crying like that was one of the coolest things ever, very sweet, and a lot of those guys Korean War, Vietnam, they had never gotten their welcome home, so that was their first one. You're eighty ninety years old.
Speaker 1: That was really cool. Yeah, for people who don't know, I think most people do. But they take groups of veterans to Washington deal take them the Vietnam Memorial or the Korean War Memorial. Not too many World War Two veterans left, but if they are, they take him to that and then they really treat him as heroes on the trip. Tony Venetti is a part of a lot of those in Louisville, and he will he will take videos of him and that's something that's really dear to him and I think it's a neat thing they do.
Speaker 3: To tie that into fade this. When I landed, Vandy had just beat Alabama and here come all these servicemen that have served coming off their plane.
Speaker 2: We're giving them clause.
Speaker 3: There's flags or playing music, this soul gillians over him and goes did Vandy beat Alabama? So yeah, it was a fun evening at the Bluegrass Airport.
Speaker 2: Who's the group that does that? We should give them a shot. I think it's just called the I know what's called the honor flight. Let me.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there's someone sponsors it, but they do it somewhat often. Well good, it's a very cool thing.
Speaker 2: That very cool. All right, what's next? What we just do? Notre Dame Navy?
Speaker 3: How about a little Washington at Indiana? Another touchy subject from my friends over here with Indiana. In this game, Indiana's quarterback is out and he had thumb surgery on Monday, but there's still a six and a half point favorite hosting Washington. Washington, Indiana has our nation's number one scoring offense with almost fifty points a game, which they're getting to maybe outscoring Indiana.
Speaker 2: Basketball game day is there? You know?
Speaker 1: McAfee's gonna be going, who's that burn and all that? And then like and the backups played a lot of football. It's not just some freshman getting his first look.
Speaker 2: It's Indiana Hoosier on bart and like, he'll do that and everybody will get excited. I think they covered the sixth too.
Speaker 3: I like Indiana a lot. I liked him last week. It's crazy to me that Indiana could be eight to No. One in the playoff conversation, but that's the world we live in.
Speaker 1: Coming up, it is kind of neat and what I think will probably be his last season doing it.
Speaker 2: Lee Corso gets to go back to Indiana. Oh yeah, I didn't even think that was kind of the school he coached at Louisville, but really the school where he's kind of most connected to is Indiana.
Speaker 1: And this will probably be Lee's last year, and it was not. It's nice that he gets to go to Indiana. I'm sure they will give him a Heroes welcome, which I think will be really.
Speaker 2: Nice for sure.
Speaker 3: Easy one for McAfee too. He's an Indianapolis guy, right he is.
Speaker 4: And Kurt Signetti all he does is win, Yeah, Google, that is true.
Speaker 2: Great, great, great. By the way, there is on TikTok and impression a God does of Mgafee on game day where he's just like, well, I can't do justice to it, but you gotta look it up because.
Speaker 3: He started the chant kind of low, and he starts.
Speaker 2: A chant and then he's like, what do you think it's gonna be? Like when Mike got he takes your shirt off? He goes, that's kind of what he That's kind of what he does. He's like the Theo Vaughn of college football. I didn't really like it a year ago. I think it's perfect forget this year.
Speaker 3: When Sabin was holding his chair a few weeks ago, I was standing up him and it's it's become a good It's.
Speaker 2: Perfect for that show. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's gonna work long term, Like do you want to see a fifty five year old version of him doing that? But right now I think that is his own I think his show that's on the regular thing between me and you, I think is not for me.
Speaker 2: But I actually think he's good at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And something about being next to Saban, why he's doing it, Like didn't Saban feed him stak or vice? Per just you think of staved is just so serious, then you got McAfee the opposite.
Speaker 2: It's been good so far both West Jimmy guys. True, Yeah, who'd have thought it?
Speaker 3: How about a little go back to the sec. We're still at noon. We got a lot of noon games.
Speaker 2: Fade this.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be winning money early Oklahoma at Old Miss.
Speaker 2: I was a little surprise. Big numbers. I couldn't believe this. I actually saw this line.
Speaker 1: There's twenty points. I think I gotta take Oklahoma. I think Old Miss is gonna win, but you've given me twenty. I know it's on the road, but like, twenty is a lot Oklahoma. You know Verry Venables or whatever is the name. Yeah, Brett Brett Vinables. He things are going so bad. His brother Barry's come to try to help him, and I think he's gonna he's gonn gonna they gotta they gotta stay within twenty.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm taking him to stay within twenty because I'm like you, that line seems so high. But their last two games they lost forty thirty four to three and thirty five to nine.
Speaker 2: So it's been a couple of weeks. Play at noon every week. I thought there was a rule that you could only play at noon like twice. I feel like Old Miss plays at noon every single week, which is eleven for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, if I'm Old Miss, how come on? If I'm be upset, I mean play Kentucky at noon? They played South Carolina at noon. They now play this game at noon. I thought there was you can only play like two.
Speaker 3: They're the only school I've ever heard of that tailgates after games, not like people hanging around like the tailgates starts after game, DoD they request it?
Speaker 2: Do they prefer this? There? Ain't They ain't as excited after you beat them?
Speaker 1: No, they weren't by the time my postgame show was done they were out.
Speaker 2: So but when they beat us last time, they were there all not yea.
Speaker 4: Does Oklahoma regat joining the SEC yet or are they just rolling in the money still?
Speaker 1: I said when they joined, it would hurt them more than it hurt anybody else. And I think that's right. I think Oklahoma is the Nebraska of the SEC. Nebraska has not been the same since they went in the Big Ten. Going to the Big Ten oddly kind of killed Nebraska. I think that's what's gonna happen in Oklahoma?
Speaker 3: I smell chass board or chas bar or cornbread? Did you bring chaos bar downtown?
Speaker 2: Nice? Smells good, nice nose. But do you agree with me on yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, Sorry that threw me off. Love the corn bread.
Speaker 2: I about a little Illinois at Oregon.
Speaker 1: But I do think to your point, Billy, I think Oklahoma is going to be They're going to suffer the most. There are certain schools that making the jump I think will kill their athletic programs. From a competition standpoint. It killed Nebraska into Big Ten. It killed Oklahoma. It's gonna kill Washington into Big Ten. They'll never be the same after that. I think those they all got destroyed by doing these these.
Speaker 3: Washington was at their highest point right as they made the move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, c might be one of those two.
Speaker 1: I think they'll bounce back. But yes, Ucla football, I think is gonna be in trouble. I think USC is still a brand, but Ucla I think is gonna be in trouble.
Speaker 3: I've always rolled my eyes when people talk about, well, this team's traveling. It's like I got private planes. What's one more hour in a plane? But there I think there really is something to these big ten matchups like USC playing Rutgers.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is so outrageous.
Speaker 3: We have the stat of a week or two ago where if they travel a certain amount of miles, they're like, oh and whatever, yeah, two time zones, yeah, anything, two time zones or more. They're just playing terribly. That is a lot to ask of them.
Speaker 2: All right, what's next? Illinois Oregon?
Speaker 3: As we just brought it up another this is another top twenty five matchup with a huge spread twenty one and a half points, Oregon laying those going on.
Speaker 2: Any one and a half point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say Illinois covers that. I mean, you know, most the Illinois team's probably been like me, never been to Oregon. Excited only state they haven't been to. I'm gonna cross that off in December. They're gonna do a little pushpin on the map when they get there. Where they're from. You when we get to Oregon and it's my fiftieth state, just full nudity.
Speaker 3: You or we're going somewhere for us, I need you to explain.
Speaker 2: The whole state is full. It is orgon.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're just having to be so excited because I mean, it's there's been It's been like ten years of my life where I've been to every state by the Oregon and I've always and this is the this I've been to four. I went to the my forty ninth state when I was like thirty three years old, and now ten years later, I'm gonna hopefully get to cross off the fifty.
Speaker 3: Not hopefully you are. We're doing this, Mario's going. But when you say full nudity sunglasses or no sunglasses, yeah, keep them on well placed.
Speaker 2: Son man, gonna be some aviators, all right?
Speaker 3: Do we even pick that? Yeah, I'm Illinois gonna be a UNI.
Speaker 4: Did you like Illinois's jerseys last week?
Speaker 2: Oh? I actually did. I was with you. I saw people complaining about those on Twitter. I loved them. I thought they were awesome. Thought they looked like it looked.
Speaker 1: Like they went back in time. I thought they were awesome me too. Did you see this story on how they made them yea and hand paint them? And I thought they were awesome too.
Speaker 3: I couldn't really, I mean, wasn't a lot of people and I saw some complaints. I thought it was cool. We were both on Illinois.
Speaker 1: There Okay, I think if we agreed on all these we have, there's one I think.
Speaker 4: We did notre Dame.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you hate the Navy. Let's see, we're going back to the SEC. Missouri at Alabama. Missouri another big spread. So this week I noticed when I built my little timeline here, there's a lot of top twenty five matchups.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, those would be good games.
Speaker 3: Spreads are huge. This one's sixteen and a half. I'll go ahead say I'm taking Missouri. I bet on them a lot. I don't think they're as good as their record says. But I cannot put money on Alabama to cover sixteen.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I think Alabama wins, but I think you gotta say Missouri covers sixteen and a half.
Speaker 2: That's such a huge number. The Alabama seemingly hasn't done anything to earn I know.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's probably gonna be wearing his pajamas again, so they're gonna be fired up about that with the boor Yeah, if this were like thirteen, Okay, maybe Alabama. I just think Missouri covers that. I mean, did Nick Saban dress well? He wore a polo right like he was a polo guy, So why is a T shirt so much worse than a polo?
Speaker 2: You can only go so far, Matt.
Speaker 4: I mean we were at suits and then we went to collared shirts.
Speaker 2: But is that the line?
Speaker 1: So like polo, you're a man of respect, but T shirt or degenerate?
Speaker 2: I think so. Yeah, I think that's it. But people wear hoodies. Is a T shirt really worse than a hoodie? I'll go, yes, yeah, you're showing neck. Let the band shown neck. But but wait a minute. A polo, especially if you unbutton the top button, is showing more neck than a T shirt. It was still classy with the collar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you can go play golf at a country club in a polo.
Speaker 2: You cannot.
Speaker 1: And the teacher never understood why, never understand They let you wear shorts, but yet you have to wear a polo.
Speaker 2: Never liked that.
Speaker 1: I played the Hurstborn country Club in Louisville, Kentucky, probably six or seven years ago, right before COVID with Steve Romans, and I was considering joining it because I was like, I'd like to have a golf home. This is kind of classy, good spot place relatively close to where I live.
Speaker 2: Steve took me. You know, I wore a collared shirt, but I untucked my shirt. I can't play golf yet my shirt. I can't play golf with my shirt tucked in. I feel like I'm being hindered, especially because I got a very fluid swing.
Speaker 3: You know you let those Yeah, you know, I got to get my I don't want to be like pulling on my especially then I had.
Speaker 2: A little bit of a belly. I didn't want to pull on any of a bigger shirt.
Speaker 1: Well I did, but like then I'm baggy and I'm looking like Tiger in ninety six and so so I wore it untucked. Steve Roman's got a disciplined warning from the country club saying you may not have guests here that don't tuck in their shirt. I've heard he got it in the mail. I've heard of getting on people for you know, not having the collar. I've even heard like take your hat off in the club. But I haven't heard of anyone getting reprimended for untucked while out on the course.
Speaker 2: What was it you with me?
Speaker 1: You weren't, No, No, it was Jason and Gabe at the country club in Columbus, Ohio.
Speaker 2: That's so nice. That I asked someone and then they put us on. You wasn't there. It's like the nicest golf course in Ohio. I had my hat on in the clubhouse and they told me to leave unless I took it out. Yeah they're serious.
Speaker 4: I mean I went to Pinehurst and they sent me out of the dining hall because I had sandals on, open toad sandals.
Speaker 2: Well that is gross. What are you doing, Billy? I had socks.
Speaker 3: Oh well, it's different if you have socks ands and I thought you had luck.
Speaker 4: You have to have closed toe shoes to enter the building.
Speaker 3: So your toes and foot were still covered. It was just a sock country.
Speaker 1: In a world where the president can work at McDonald's and the president can say the things that he says and might win, I feel like you can wear open toad shoes at Pinehurst.
Speaker 2: All right, what's the next? I don't even know what we just did.
Speaker 3: We miserad Alabama? Okay, how about a little SEC game another time? Top twenty five matchup with a huge spread, America's team Vanderbilt at Texas after what Texas just went through? Uh Texas eighteen a half? Or wait, this is written backwards? In this game at Vandy. Texas is at Vandy. Yeah, yeah, I have it written backwards. Regardless of the spread, is still the same eighteen and a half.
Speaker 1: Give me Texas. I think Texas will. They lost, They're gonna be upset. There'll be more It's good, even though Vandy's good. There'll be more Texas fans of Vandy because Texas has never been there first time.
Speaker 2: The people in Austin have been to Nashville.
Speaker 1: Like New Nashville plays Old Nashville, Rogan v Jelly Roll.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be uh Texas covers.
Speaker 3: I think the winning city gets to take all the conservative podcasters, former Bachelorette contestants.
Speaker 1: You know, be Ai Caro and Andrew Schultz playing at halftime.
Speaker 3: If you were on the Bachelor or Bachelor at you have to go to the town that wins this and lives there.
Speaker 2: I like Texas tea. You know, it's funny. I used to love Nashville, and now I don't like it. They're just too crowded for you.
Speaker 1: It's just too much. It's like it's like country music, you know, Disney World. Then I used to really love Austin. I still love it, but it's it's it's losing me. What's going to be the next city? Albuquerque nex season, Maybe maybe we're in it, maybe Lexington. But it feels like that's a progression and that's the cool people are gonna be like, all right, I can't do Austin anymore.
Speaker 2: Where are we going?
Speaker 3: I don't want to sound old, but I saw a picture of Nashville when I first started going there, when I was like twenty one, and I loved it, and it looks like a different city. Now it's Vegas of Tennessee. I still love it. It's a different I avoid places I used to.
Speaker 1: I don't even think it's Vegas because at Vegas, at least there's glitz and glance. This is put on your cowboy hat, put on your cowboy boots, and act like for a weekend you're a cowboy, the same way you would wear mouse ears and act like you're a Disney character.
Speaker 2: It's also just very Vegas. People are who they are. They're just a wild version of themselves. People try to play like cosplay in Nashville.
Speaker 3: And I can't gonna sound like such a boomer. Everything's like very commercial. I'm just going to a hole in the wall on Broadway where beer was cheap, some guys playing some country music. Now you gotta go to Eric Church's booth house or Miranda Lambert some I just want to go to a place where it might have a little bit of a smell. Not that many people there, and some guy that didn't make it as playing guitar and I can have it.
Speaker 2: Bit it's all Luke Brian's fault, all of this, so I don't even know if he has a bar, but all of it is Florida Georgia line is whose fault it is.
Speaker 1: They're the ones who screwed up the bar seat. But the entire like what Nashville is, was ruined by Louke. The moment he put his little tight butt into jeans and girls got all excited, it all changed.
Speaker 2: At least Billy ray Cyrus when he did that, kept the mullet.
Speaker 3: It's right, we still have a few hits left Robert's Western World couple up there on that end, but some of the legends are gone for these stupid Disney World bars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, what's next? I'm upset and the Titans suck. They do. They're trading everybody way, and.
Speaker 3: We'll get to that in a minute. Florida State at Miami. I can't wait to say this out loud. Let me get one in six, Florida State seven and a half. I think you might like the someone knows Then it's twenty one Miami.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't understand Florida State. I do.
Speaker 3: They're not good, but it's just so crazy to see a team.
Speaker 2: That we didn't get you pullion. Now you're one and six? Did dj Ungle lad quit? He doesn't play right now. I don't think he's playing anymore. So they just I mean, they just benched. They paid like two million dollars for you. He is really bad? So what is he? He still has another year of eligibility. By the way, what does he do? Oh, he goes to the next team. There'll be another You think you think another team this? Yeah? I think so. I think so.
Speaker 1: Be weird though it'd be weird for him just to quit. You don't think somebody will try to make it work?
Speaker 2: Oh? I do? I mean kennessas State be willing to pay him something? Yeah? Well they beat Liberty. They don't need him.
Speaker 3: He has four touchdowns and six interceptions, and he's not playing right He's played in five games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he hadn't played since September.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll take Miami cam Ward probably maybe along with the kid from Boise State, two favorites for the Heisman.
Speaker 3: I will say I bet on mam Miami against Louisville last week, so I watched the whole game. Miami's defense kind of sucks, so does Louisville. They'll cover this, but I thought Miami might be a contender. They they're two flawed defensively to do anything meaningful.
Speaker 2: But I'll cover this one.
Speaker 3: Okay, Penn State, where you were not allowed to ask James Franklin questions.
Speaker 1: They could not have handled that worse. Like, I don't know who thought? Did you see what happens now? So I guess two players for Penn State are are charged with rape, and I understand that as a school and as a coach. That puts you in a very difficult spot because what do you say?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You have to dismiss him from the team or suspend them until the charges. But like you, you know, you can't say you really can't say anything. I get it, But here's what you don't do. You don't have someone come out to the press conference and say James Franklin is about to speak.
Speaker 2: He will not speak about the rape. Alligame.
Speaker 1: Somebody else came out, and someone else came out. Then he came out, said what are the any questions? And somebody goes coach called him, coach, coach, can you address the allegations, and he just goes.
Speaker 2: He just walked away.
Speaker 3: He didn't say a word. He just looks at them and leaves and calls. You see emotion for the first person that came up to come up again and read the statement again, like he can't even say no comment. You can't do that because he's the face.
Speaker 2: So James Franklin has to.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, if I think James Franklin comes out and goes, we are aware of the allegations. We've suspended the players until further resolution. I have no other comment because of Lee proceedings. My prayers are with all in say something like that, right, like that's I here's what you cannot be like, don't ask me.
Speaker 2: He like walk away.
Speaker 3: He like stares at the dude and then walks behind the big thing they have behind him where he's not even in the shot, and then calls in the other guy to just read the statement.
Speaker 2: Again, Yeah, I really don't like that.
Speaker 4: You got to respect the situation and at least coming on it in that way like you're saying, you.
Speaker 1: Even have to say no comment. I mean you have to like at least take on. Part of why I'm so pro in ile and all this stuff is I college coaches are the last people in America, outside of maybe now the president, that we treat like like kings and like like they like they they can't screw up. We treat them like they can do whatever they want, and they're masters of their own little domains. And I think it's absurd they are. They treat these people like babies. I'm not even gonna mention coaches, but the way coaches feel like they're the only people in public life that should get no criticism is just absurd. And James Franklin, every other human being has to say something. If you run a corporation and your CEO gets charged with that, you're gonna have to make a statement. I don't get one comment. Yes, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Just say that.
Speaker 3: Well, I read a story from some of the media that were there, and that's what they're saying. They're like, even if your answer Is. I'm not answering that at least say something. But he hid behind the big screen, didn't want to be in the shot with the other guy.
Speaker 1: You couldn't draw up a worse response unless he just was like, hey, let me go cook at McDonald's and show you how I work at the friest Like it's the only thing that could have been worse.
Speaker 2: They couldn't have handled it worse.
Speaker 3: Well, you said Wisconsin, and they're six and a half quid favorite.
Speaker 2: They cover that.
Speaker 3: I think Wisconsin, I agree, I hate Penn State, I hate Jamis Franklin.
Speaker 2: That added to it. Yeah, they're covering that. They do have a problem though with the runway.
Speaker 3: Don't forget that they can get to Wisconsin fel to.
Speaker 2: Get to wist content.
Speaker 3: Okay, LSU at Texas A and M another top twenty five matchups.
Speaker 1: This is a great game. This is the best game of the weekend in my opinion.
Speaker 3: And it's tight spread. A and M is a two and a half point favorite.
Speaker 2: This one is a toss up and that's down to one on DraftKings, So down to one really.
Speaker 3: I filled this out this morning from DraftKings A and M minus one. Some new money money's on l s U. Excuse me minus one then l.
Speaker 1: She's had a bunch of games in a row. And I think they play Alabama what next week? I think A and M gets this one. I'm gonna say A and M puts themselves in the driver's seat to make the playoff. I think they play Texas either next week or the week after. I'm gonna say A and M gets the home victory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is huge for the SEC standings. He's only two undefeated teams in the SEC. Who would have thought that before the year began.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't think about that. This could be the game. Yeah, both, This might be a game that puts the winner of this in the SEC championship game. I mean, there's a real real chance of that because of the all It's gonna be such a weird tie breaker when it comes to that.
Speaker 3: I'm really conflicted because I've been betting against A and M and betting on LSU. But I like A and M at home here in the game so meaningful. I'm taking the aggies.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I'd forgotten that this could lead to Yeah, because LSU still has to play Alabama, A and M so has to play Texas.
Speaker 2: So this is a big game. Winner is in a good spot. I'm gonna take I took A and m you took.
Speaker 3: I'm taking A and M to rolling with Elco Big ten rivalry game, a game I haven't attended and had a lot of fun. Michigan State Michigan. It's at Michigan. I went to it in East Lansing. They definitely hate each other though both teams are four and three and Michigan is a four point favorite.
Speaker 2: Love Michigan here. This is my.
Speaker 1: Pop and locket lock of the week. You just throw it in. This is I'm not going to put your own salary on it, but I'm oh and seven this year on locks. But this is my lot, Michigan. I think destroys Michigan's day.
Speaker 3: You just gave me the only stat I needs, so put me down for the Spartans Villey. Matt has a great record. You should be tailing Matt this season. But the moment he starts giving away salaries and guaranteeing, I think he.
Speaker 2: Loses his way a little bit. There's no way in the big House, Michigan. I'm trusting a rivalry game.
Speaker 3: This is you have no faith in the big Blue of Michigan. No, no, I have no faith in your lock of the week.
Speaker 2: It has nothing to do with the.
Speaker 3: Teams salaries, not only for the scholar Brothers, for Tom Brady, for Dave Portnoy.
Speaker 1: Who else went to Michigan, the Fab Five? Didn't we meet some k and we were and they were there, Samantha Irby, For all of those people, Michigan gets it done. For Tom Izzoh, Magic Johnson, that's all you get and we'll move on. Here's why it picks Michigan. There are only two times in my life outside of his lovely wife happy, that I've seen drew in love.
Speaker 2: My visual. One was in London, Ontario.
Speaker 3: That's I will say this to my wife's face. Married at a hotel in London, Ontario. A girl was on the computer in the lobby on the Internet.
Speaker 1: And he fell in love. This is how long ago this was. We were having to print directions off a computer. He fell so in love that he told me and Hubby just leave me here, and I was he wanted us to go to Toronto and leave him in London, Ontario. You don't remember, and I don't know how I remember. We were in east Land seen one time and we walked by club and there were two women that walked by, and you said, that woman is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. And I said, Drew, we're going to bed, and he said I'm gonna stay here and I was like, no, you're not, because I'll never find you. Those are the two times besides Abby, of course, who I didn't know Abby then, yes, who I've seen Drew in love. That's why he speaking.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that one as much. I'm not denied it. I love hard, Matt, I love hard.
Speaker 3: But the London one, they were parked in front of a hotel and I was just running into you know, the hotels. Got the little computer, you know, I'm just gonna log on get us some map quest real quick. And I came back like I'm stank. And there I got Drew at eleven am in the morning. We're checking out. What do you mean you're stak. It's like I found the one. I'm gonna start a family in London. I will write you all enjoy the rest of the trip. Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's probably not true anymore because you've been married for a while. But I think it is almost certainly the case that for me and maybe for you still or I'm certainly second. We have spent more nights in more different cities with each other than any other people in our lives.
Speaker 3: I'll talk about this. Abby's sneaking up on your record.
Speaker 2: I think if you're just.
Speaker 3: Counting random cities and trips, you still have a slight edge. Though we did like three or four years of the greyears of thirteen different cities and thirteen nights around the and that's not even counting the December KSR road trips. I'm talking like for Fox and CBS, we did college basketball tours. Let's just name the campuses we went to, all right, let's just almost the.
Speaker 1: Ones we didn't. Let's just name the campuses. You and I have been two together, all right. I'll just let's start in the acc We've been to NC State, Duke, Carolina, Clemson, Boston.
Speaker 2: College, Louisville, Louisville.
Speaker 1: Let's just I'll keep going around, Maryland, Manhattan, Syracuse.
Speaker 3: I got a couple you haven't said, Virginia, Virginia Tech.
Speaker 2: Virginia and Virginia Tech. That's right.
Speaker 1: Uh, both of those were Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Bradley, Pittsburgh, Morehead State, Western Tennessee, South Carolina, Auburn, Old miss Let's go Purdue, Northern Iowa, Butler De Paul, Indiana. Yeah, yeah, ann Arbor, Ohio, Valparaiso, Vandy.
Speaker 2: Tell you we couldn't named the schools we haven't been to yet. That was a state. That's a good call. Boise State, Marquette. That's the one where everyone left the bar. It's like they blew a whistle and everyone would leave a bargo next bar, just leaving bars empty. Marquette was a weird college experience, it really was.
Speaker 1: And so and Wichita State, Well they tell us, which they're like, we're the They were like, Sunday nights in Wichitar are the most wild nights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were like, we're voted.
Speaker 1: The vote, we're voting, We're voted the wildest Sunday night. There literally was a quote, We're voted the wildest Sunday night in Kansas, which I would love to know who gives that award. In the restaurant we went to had like, fine, people are the wildest Sunday night in Kansas. And so, I mean that's I'm sure there are many more than that. Those are just the Purdue.
Speaker 3: Right, we didn't go to the Northeast with Manhattan and Yukon and right, we did the women's basketball trip.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right.
Speaker 1: We had to Bridgeport, Connecticut. We went to Bristol, Connecticut. We went to Maine, South Dakota.
Speaker 3: State also during this time a baseball road trip with eleven stadiums in twelve days. That's right.
Speaker 1: We went to the Mets, We went to the Phillies, We went to the Pirates, we went to the Blue Jay, the uh, the Tigers. So, I mean he and I have been. That doesn't even count. Where we've been for the NCAA Tournament with Kentucky, US Open, Indian Hills, Uh, Cincinnati, we us Open.
Speaker 2: We love for just being in a place we've never been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's that. That is a cool thing that we've gotten to do it. We've been to the Southern Conference Championship before in Asheville, North Carolina.
Speaker 4: That's yourself bickering like an old married couple.
Speaker 2: Pretty well.
Speaker 1: I Drew and I gotten a little tiff two days ago, and I was thinking, I said this to uh, to a friend of mine, if you go back, how long have I known you.
Speaker 3: I'm about to hit sixteen years with KSR, which sounds crazy.
Speaker 1: Sixteen years. That's probably like the third time we've ever really argued.
Speaker 2: And that's been in the car a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he kind of knows how to deal with me, and and he's also a very agreeable sort.
Speaker 3: So we both like going to places. That's why Seattle. That's gonna be a grind, but I'm excited. That's just part of the country. I'll never see that up is never gonna pop up. He's gonna check off number fifty. I think about how much time we've spent together.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And I'd say one time we got an argument at South Carolina.
Speaker 3: Because I think I told you I was gonna punch you at that point because I was about to fight a guy because he wouldn't leave me alone.
Speaker 1: He was being a jerk. And then Drew thought at some point it flipped to where I was beating the joke.
Speaker 3: Well, I try to de escalate, and I think you thought I was taking him, were taking and I was just trying to get airbody to calm down.
Speaker 2: And that one that was that's probably the worst argument, and that.
Speaker 3: Was that a ten roof was that the only ones, and then two days ago when I was like, the only two, there's gotta be it.
Speaker 2: That was just brief. Yeah, that was just brief.
Speaker 3: So I mean it's it's very Sometimes you got yelled each other in the parking garage down third floor. I think it was because we're on the third floor normally, I'm on you Wanner P twotis.
Speaker 2: Was the elevation. We're below sea level. I couldn't find my car. Yeah, well that's impressive, Drew.
Speaker 4: I know this guy likes to a time.
Speaker 2: There's two of us. Impressive Drew over here, I know Matt. So we've had a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not gonna get I'm not gonna get sentimental and go get him hug right now.
Speaker 2: We've had a lot of fun, A lot of fun. Is everybody okay? From the P three experience, I mean it was over. It was over, not then, it was over in thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: The only lingering argument we ever had was that one in South Carolina.
Speaker 2: And that whole night was just there was a lot happening. When Free of.
Speaker 1: Mine passed out in the bunch of tin roof, we had to pick him up and carry him to a car and he was not little in there.
Speaker 2: Uh so yeah, that was a tough night all the way round.
Speaker 3: I bought a golf club from a homeless scout at night Sugar Home. I was like, dude, why do you have a golf club? He's like twenty bucks. Let me see it is the right handed.
Speaker 2: Good time.
Speaker 3: I missed the Columbia trip, and that's thanks about and Rouge and Athens and Oxford. Columbia is where the fun is and the fights. So it was a nice trip down memory lane.
Speaker 2: Mario.
Speaker 3: Look what you have to look forward to your first road trip coming up? Uh, this is our last college game. If my math is correct. I feel like we always have to do some late night Colorado, but they're so wild. They're hosting Cincinnati Colorado.
Speaker 1: It was a big game Cincinnati since today started zero and two and won five straight games.
Speaker 2: And now, uh Colorado, so what's the spread? Five and a half? At Colorado?
Speaker 3: I saw Shredar Sanders got a boot put on his nice SUV again this week. My man's gotta learn where to park on campus. And I know you're a big man on campus, but you can't be getting.
Speaker 2: Boots all the time. Yeah, I'm gonna take I'm gonna take Colorado. It's late at night.
Speaker 1: They have a magic late at night in Scott Sadderfieldn't.
Speaker 2: You put the bear Cat down. I'm gonna say Colorado does it?
Speaker 3: I like Colorado here for basically what you just said. If I were to take Cincinnati and lose money because I bet on Scott Saturdfield, I wouldn't be allleep that night, just wouldn't be able to do it.
Speaker 2: What if Cincinnati wins the Big Twelve, I mean there's a world they could They could have like be seated in the playoff, and they think, yeah, Big twelve s you know, the Big twelve has a chance to not get the by oh, because it's the if the wrong team wins. Like let's say Cincinnati were to win the Big Twelve, there's a chance Boise State could be ranked ahead of them, and Boise State would be the four seed and Cincinnati would be like the twelve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want the five seed if I'm a team, you've convinced me that's the best spot.
Speaker 2: But the five seed is not going to be a conference champion. Oh it's not.
Speaker 1: No, So the top four conference champions, the fifth one is just wherever they're seated normally. Does that make sense? Yes, So the five seed is gonna end up being like probably an SEC team that didn't win the season, Okay, probably, or maybe Penn State if Ohio State wins a big ten or something like that.
Speaker 2: That's probably what it could be. All right, let's go to the NFL.
Speaker 3: Now that we got that sport all of the way, let's get to the one where we're making lots of money. We're I mean, he is the expert being on NFL, but I feel like I'm doing well too. We're gonna start with the Falcons at Liam Cohen's Bucks.
Speaker 1: Once again, I said, I haven't gotten a Falcons game right since two thousand. Pick a different game and pick no, no, do it but the Bucks topical. I picked the Falcons on ESPN see Hawks win. So this is Falcons Bucks.
Speaker 2: Now. The problem is the Bucks is two best wide receivers are out.
Speaker 4: They've already lost to Atlanta this year too, and.
Speaker 2: The game is in Tampa Bay. Yes, what's the spread?
Speaker 3: Tampa is getting two and a half points, Atlanta's favored.
Speaker 2: All right, then I got it.
Speaker 1: I have to take Tampa if they're hitting two and a half at home, even without those guys, They've got.
Speaker 2: To win this one, right, What did Atlanta just do? This? Lost to Seattle at home? There you go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like Tampa. I mean Liam Cohen's gonna be coaching them four the seasons over. Yeah, their fan base.
Speaker 2: Seems already done with the fans I already want, can you le?
Speaker 1: Liam Cohen goes from like people wanting to get rid of him here to the coach of inmfabe getting credit for resurrecting Baker's career.
Speaker 2: What's next?
Speaker 3: Eagles at the Bengals. Bengals are a two and a half point favorite. Finding some life. They're three and four. The Eagles are four and two. Eagles at the Bills. You said Bengals, Joe Burrow? What's and Bengals getting two?
Speaker 2: Bengals are a two and a half point favorite.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take Cincinnati, although I don't think they've looked good all year, but neither is Philly. You know, there's Saquan's been good. I think Cincinnati. I mean, they win this game, They're back to five hundred and kind of what that's what they do?
Speaker 2: Right? They just kind of.
Speaker 1: Hang around, hanging around, like in rounders and uh, I'm gonna take the Bengals.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think the Bengals are much better than the record shows. They had the Chiefs beat. I mean, if you're a Bengals fan, you could argue, I mean, we didn't realize at the time, but they just barely lost the Commanders, who turns out to be very good, and they've been so close, played the Ravens within a field goal. I feel like their record isn't telling their story. So I like the Bengals here too. All right, next, don't make me do it. The Titans at the Lions.
Speaker 2: Oh what is the spread? Eleven? Oh? And I want to go ahead and tell you right now.
Speaker 3: Last week the Titans at the Bills not a half point favorite, parlayed Bills and the Titans team total under in it hit. It was a lovely hit. Just bet against your own team. Bet against the Titans.
Speaker 1: This is definitely like I'm gonna do some kind of tease that teases the Lions to four, because that's I thought this was gonna be like fourteen and a half or something.
Speaker 2: So yes, definitely take the line.
Speaker 3: I don't usually bet NFL till Sunday morning because you got to get you through your college bankroll. You know you don't have that money setting us out on a Saturday. But I have already bet on the Lions on this one. The Titans are so bad.
Speaker 2: I love them.
Speaker 3: I'll be watching, I'll be cheering, bless their hearts, but they're terrible.
Speaker 2: Is it still Rudolph? Probably? I don't know if anything's been determined. Billy can ask you a quick question. Outside is just let's let's I want to talk through Drew here with the etiquette of this. There is a record company has sent one of those big like you know, ceremonial records framed when you platinum, when.
Speaker 1: You go platinum. They've sent us that for jelly Rolls newest album. So it's jelly roll and it's a big hang like picture framed and all that. However, by us, I mean not me. That was gonna be my next question. They addressed it to a person that we don't think works here.
Speaker 2: I saw this outside. Maybe does hasn't worked here in a decade.
Speaker 3: I looked at this package leaned against the door when I so you have to understand it worked here.
Speaker 1: Oh well, now you're talking about that, that's a different one that's a different one. This is another one, so there's there's two two of them. The person who doesn't work here hasn't probably worked here in a decade. So, but it's not for us, but it is for ourheart right now, this building, people don't work in it every day, and so there's no one to just take it.
Speaker 2: What do we do?
Speaker 1: I think it would be a great giveaway because if I gave away on the air a ceremonial jelly Roll platinum record, people would love that.
Speaker 2: Somebody saved me, right. That's OK. I've met jelly Roll. Mary Forrest is the is the manager Titans Van. By the way, jelly Roll is very nice. I think he'd want me to have it. But they sent it to this other person.
Speaker 4: So when is it accept When you.
Speaker 2: Put it like that, the answer seems like never.
Speaker 3: But this is not for for that person in particular, it's for her role that she no longer has. They wanted to be in the iHeart studio. I would assume I would assume that's not for her personally. If this person had left iHeart to go sell cars, they wouldn't wanted to be hanging up at the Nissan dealership.
Speaker 2: They wanted to leave.
Speaker 1: If I leave Billy and go somewhere, and UK sends the poster for twenty twenty nine basketball and addresses it to me. They don't want me to have it. They want whoever is the host of KSR at that moment to.
Speaker 4: Have Okay, so they're just sending it to iHeart and John.
Speaker 1: Guessing and I don't know, but I would think they didn't send it to their home address.
Speaker 2: They send it here. Yeah, so when brew can we just take it? Here's an important ring.
Speaker 3: But Billy's the one that works here around the clock.
Speaker 4: Yeah. By the way, people do show up to this building every day.
Speaker 2: Me when I got here too, Mario was the only person here. I just want to They do.
Speaker 4: Not allow us to hang things in these studios. They want all the studios to stay the same.
Speaker 2: Even more reason exactly to steal it? Well, not the word I was looking for, but like, if.
Speaker 1: We don't do it, it could sit there. What is how long will it take to bio degrade platinum? It's gonna be a while. Did they go gold platinum or silver platinum? Yeah, that's gonna be a while.
Speaker 2: So I think we should take it. I'm just along there's there's four of us. Let's vote.
Speaker 4: Well, I think we should probably have a sing off. If Drew is so passionate for you all.
Speaker 2: Round, should I take it all in favor? Say yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, raise your hand? I have two handsome all against raise your hand? Are you brio?
Speaker 2: So it's too too? Oh? How do we decide? Has manager? Can we call him?
Speaker 1: He does her and I do know her, and uh, i'd say she said we should take it?
Speaker 2: What's next? Uh more jelly row?
Speaker 3: Hopefully we're both on the Lions there bless the Titans. Heart Bill's at sea. Bills are a three point favorite on the road.
Speaker 1: Love the Bills, I think, I think Buffalo's really good. Third best team in the league behind uh uh Kansas City in Baltimore. Problem is they're all in the AFC. They go to Seattle and they get the win.
Speaker 3: Keep agreeing with you, and a lot of people say, hey, that's just a lazy take, or we're just getting all these rights. So I'm also taking Bud. I've actually gotten used to it, and tomorrow morning I expect you to be wearing them at the show at forty.
Speaker 2: Six Solutions and Ray Davis Tuddy in that game, Hey, he ran one in against the tight Monday night football. Yeah, he was really good.
Speaker 3: Next man, he did an interview, uh with the NFL network this week. That dude is just a great guy. He was talking about coming from homeless to make the NFL.
Speaker 2: It was really good. Do you remember when that SEC Yeah, that was bad. I actually thought of that while watching.
Speaker 3: You're when that SEC network announcer said that unbelievably stupid thing about Ray Davis a nice touchdown. Yeah, Ray Davis, for people who don't know, for people who don't know, was like abandoned by his parents and he got raised in a foster home and then he's made himself into a success, which is a great story. And he was on he had scored a touchdown for Kentucky and he was sitting on the sidelines and the woman, I think it was a woman, she was on the sideline. Reporter goes, ray Davis has gone from being where no one wants him to where the whole Kentucky, big blue nation wants him. And I just thought that was, like, whoa.
Speaker 2: It's a little harsh. Yeah, I mean she meant it to be sweet, but it did not come off as I just founding exact.
Speaker 3: Well, you're pretty close, but it says nine months ago everybody wanted him, Eleven years ago, nobody wanted to.
Speaker 4: Awful.
Speaker 2: It's an awful thing to say. It is.
Speaker 3: I'm laughing, but he really has a good story and a good attitude about it.
Speaker 2: I love Ray Davis. She meant it, she meant well, but it did not come off. Well. All right, what's next?
Speaker 3: You're Chicago Bears, You're two loss, Chicago Bears are undefeated, Washington. What am I saying out loud Bears a three point favorite?
Speaker 1: Well, I think the assumption is Jadon Daniels is not gonna play it hurt, which is a shame because this game was set up to be Kayleb Williams versus Jade Daniels.
Speaker 2: Marcus Mariota, though, is still decent. He got to play a little less. And you're saying the Commanders get three at home Home dog in the d m V.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna go with the Commanders because there's still an outside chance Daniels plays. I think Mariote is still decent enough to win. And while I like Caleb Williams and he gets better every week, giving him three on the road, I don't think it's time for that yet, So I'll take the Commanders.
Speaker 3: Didn't Mariota have like a pretty great game when he checked in? Yeah, they had already, they were already, but I mean he's still he still played well, yeah.
Speaker 2: Kind of forgot who's in the league. That used to be my goat. Plus the Titans shouldn't be and he quit on the Falcons.
Speaker 3: He beat the Patriots when he was a Titan. I take the Commanders. Also, all right, what's next? Two more? Another undefeated team, Kansas City in Vegas. Chiefs are a nine and a half point favorite.
Speaker 1: The Chiefs have oddly over the years struggled with the Raiders. I think the Raiders beat them Christmas Day last year. I think I watched that game with Larry, who at one point looked at me and said, who is the Chiefs quarterback before Patrick Mahomes? And I said, I don't think you would know Elvis gerbark It was Alex Smith and I was like, I don't think you would know, and he goes, I thought it was Lynn Barker.
Speaker 2: I was like, that was a long time ago.
Speaker 1: But I was impressed he knew Lynn Barker's name because my Larry's not a big football fan, but I was impressed he pulled that name out there is so I remember that, and in honor of Lynn Barker, the Raiders covered.
Speaker 3: I didn't even where you're gonna pick, and I was gonna pick the Raiders. We just keep agreeing.
Speaker 1: They always as play the Chiefs close, and they've beaten them sometimes.
Speaker 2: This is a rivalry game.
Speaker 3: So when I was in middle school, I went to Chiefs game every year because a friend his dad moved out there and I would be his travel buddy to go see his dad. I've been Narrowhead several times, but I went to a Chiefs Raiders game. And it's probably changed over the years, but that was a nasty rivalry. I saw like a three year old in a onesie that had a shirt that said F the Raiders, but it was like spelled out, no blur F word, just there in print. These teams have hated each other for a long time.
Speaker 1: Chiefs will win, but it will be a three point game, So I'm taking the Raiders.
Speaker 2: DeAndre Hopkins true now in the Chiefs. That's right, He'll be good for him.
Speaker 3: What's today, October twenty fourth, Save this Mario save this Billy. DeAndre Hopkins will catch the game winning touchdown in the Super Bowl. If I could get odds on that right now, I'd bet on it you would.
Speaker 2: He still got some good football, lef. He loved Nashville.
Speaker 3: He wanted to be a Titan, and we let him down because our franchise is in capable of doing anything good. We make horrible draft picks. We let aj Brown go, we let Derek Henry go, We do all the wrong things. Good luck to DeAndre Hopkins, thank you. I'm sorry we wasted.
Speaker 1: Your time and you let Rabel go, who I think is gonna be one of the best, Who's one of the best coach in the Somebody's gonna hire Rabele next year and that franchise will be immediately. He came to Chaos Bar, he got the burger I lovel he really was in love with our one of our bartenders. I mean, well, I don't mean like really, but like you could tell, I think that was a big tip.
Speaker 2: Let's just leave it at that.
Speaker 3: Speaking of tips, he was going to cut off his penis to win a Super Bowl, and we let go of that guy. A man said in on a radio interview, I will cut this off.
Speaker 2: I'm married. I don't need it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, yes he did. He said, if we would cut it off, I don't need it. Well, he said, as a joke over, They're like, you really cut it off. He's like, I'm married. I just joke around. But no, he said he would cut off his his jump to win a super Bowl and we let that passion walk out.
Speaker 2: Thanks his happiness at Chaos Bar even hotter. Yeah, bless the Titans heart. All right, what's next?
Speaker 1: But he was he didn't, he didn't do anything, just very very friendly with it and gave a big tip. The place was otherwise empty and they watched Thursday night football there, but.
Speaker 2: He was filling the vibes.
Speaker 3: Let's get to our two primetime games Sunday night and the other team my house loves that sucks. This year, the Dallas Cowboys are in San Francisco. Forty nine Ers are a four point favorite.
Speaker 1: Love the forty nine ers here lost last week, not been playing well. I think the Cowboys blow forty nine ers cover.
Speaker 3: I got this tradition. I luckily married someone that likes football. So if we have a London game, I start at nine to thirty and I watch a game all the way through Sunday night, and part of that includes my Titans at one and our Cowboys at four thirty. I changed my shirt to Cowboys gear at four to fifteen, and they continue to lose on the same day after Kentucky has lost. I've had so many oh and three weekends this season it's I think we should honestly cancel football.
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, I used to call the trifecta Billy. If Middlesbrough, Kentucky and the Bears.
Speaker 2: All won the same weekend, that was your weekend.
Speaker 1: And let me tell you something, This is not an exaggeration from age let's say eight till twenty one, when I was really keeping track of it. I think it only happened like three times. I'm not kidding you. The Bears were really good for a while, but my high school stunk and Kentucky stunk. Then my high school got pretty good, the Bears stunk and Kentucky snunk, and then Kentucky and my high school were good, and the Bears became the worst team on the planet.
Speaker 2: And I think there was only like three weekends where it ever happened. I haven't kept track with my high school as much in recent years. But that triumvirate right now, Bears of Kentucky, Titan Cowboys is a tough one.
Speaker 3: You're a good friend, Judge Gabe two years ago. He would keep up with it and he would text me three and oh on a Sunday night when it would hit, and it happened fairly often when those three teams were rolling.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard from game this season. Well, the Middlesboro, Kentucky Bears one was a tough one from like nineteen ninety to two thousand.
Speaker 2: What's next, Drew, who'd you pick there?
Speaker 3: I've been betting on well, actually I have bet against them in the last couple weeks, but I believed early in the season. I lost money. Uh, this is their last one if my math is right. So we're going to Monday night Steelers, who.
Speaker 2: I said, don't tell me they're playing the Jets. Like the Jets. They're not on primetime again, are they?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Who do the Jets play this week? It's not primetime, is it? But hatreots when one o'clock after put that on.
Speaker 3: Care However, this one is a little predictable. It's the Giants, same same city. They get it a lot too. I want to call myself out. I was furious. I hate the Steelers, but I was like, why are they going to Russell Wilson idiots? He's good, he looked very good. Hand up, he looked good.
Speaker 1: So I watched all that Steelers Jets game. If I hear Chris Collins worst say the word moonball one more time.
Speaker 3: That's all they said, and even got the point I would like rewind, like is it really that cool?
Speaker 2: Do you really think that that's true? Though?
Speaker 1: I mean his point was Russell Wilson throws it so high and it drops down so quick it's easier for the receiver to catch. What does that mean? Does he think Russell Wilson does not follow the laws of gravity?
Speaker 3: There was one throw I think it was to the tight end where the tight end was running, and if he hadn't even moved, the ball was played so perfectly, I think it would have just landed comfortably in his swinging arms and stuck in his chest. He Russell did have some good throats.
Speaker 1: I've never heard the phrase moonball as like a type of throw in a quarterbacks, but he said it.
Speaker 2: What's the spread? Six? Big number by Steelers? Give me the Giants.
Speaker 3: It looks like we're green on all the NFL games. Let's go for the sweep, taking the Giants myself, all right?
Speaker 1: Sunglasses Matt and Drew eight, No NFL feeling it, feeling it.
Speaker 3: We need to put a name on that. You always have a good name for our NFL Sunday sunglasses.
Speaker 1: It's just this is the sunglasses Sunday.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna encourage this behavior. Everyone home, do what you want to do, gamble responsibly. I think I'm to do an eighteen parlay with all those picks and just see what happens.
Speaker 2: Boy, that would be nice.
Speaker 3: That would be almost had a big one last week with my ty go.
Speaker 1: Let's see, that would be sixty four hundred and twenty eight two fifty six to one. Throw the juice a little bit, it'd be like two hundred and twenty five, two hundred and thirty to one.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good, mon.
Speaker 3: You're forgetting one hundred percent ks bar boost. That makes a part of a big difference in parlays.
Speaker 2: Throwing that on there, that'd be like four hundred and sixty to one. On Saturdays, you know, on ks par you can get one hundred percent bonus on your parlays, which is what you ought to do. I did it today already for the Thursday night game. That's smart. Yah. Well listen, Billy, thank you, Mario, thank you, and thank you to theo Von. We'll see you later. I'm just a long cat son of a sinner.