Speaker 1: Cutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now in the air everywhere.
Speaker 3: The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Mahler and Danny G Radio and a Happy mail Bag kind of a Sunday as we hang out and celebrate one of the great days of the year. Today Danny G Radio is National Chicken Finger Day, a day celebrate one of my favorite culinary delights, those golden brown pieces of wonderful deliciousness, the chicken finger.
Speaker 1: How great is that, Danny.
Speaker 4: J I do have one bone to pick with our place. It's our spot. You turned me onto this place years ago and I've been going back ever since. Raising canes. Yeah, I'm not sure that they should have even done a promotion if it was going to be this wimpy. You get one free chicken finger there today.
Speaker 3: Oh goody one.
Speaker 4: That's it one with a purchase of a box combo and as you know, those are upwards of thirteen dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's a little much. That's that's a little too too light.
Speaker 4: How about if they said get three free fingers with a box condo purchase.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and then they did the math, they said, well, we'll lose too much money on that, so that'll be a I actually got an email from a publicist for Raising Canes about National Chicken Finger Day, and they wanted to do a promotion where they were going to come in studio and then they found out what time we were on, you know, and that was all.
Speaker 1: But they would have done anybody. It was like, I don't know. I was like, I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: I love raising Canes, we support them and all that. I don't know that I want to do a whole hour about raising canes.
Speaker 1: I don't think I want to do that.
Speaker 3: But it is National Chicken Figure today today, so I of course went down the old rabbit hole.
Speaker 1: I love chicken fingers. I've loved them since I was a kid.
Speaker 4: You love ranch the chicken finger. Just dip in for chicken fingers.
Speaker 3: They say, the first time ever the chicken finger was served was in Manchester, New Hampshire, one of my favorite cities to visit.
Speaker 1: I love Manchester.
Speaker 3: It's a little tourist town in between Boston and you drive up to Maine and right there on the coast in New Hampshire. It's just a beautiful little you know. Of course, I've only been there during the summer. I'm sure it's probably a nightmare in the winter, but it was beautiful every time I've been there. And the first I don't know how they know this, but in nineteen seventy four, so that predates me. The first chicken finger was made at this joint in Manchester, New Hampshire. And then in the nineteen eighties the chicken finger started becoming a popular item, a substitute for chicken nuggets and raising canes, which was my idea.
Speaker 4: By the way, I can back you up on that. Used to talk about it on the air, long before we got raising canes in our neighborhood. Yeah, yeah, No.
Speaker 3: My plan was, I'm going to become forget Burger King or McDonald's or Domino's, all these fast food places.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be the king of the chicken finger.
Speaker 3: That was my plan, and then Todd Graves established raising Canes and Baton Rouge Louisiana. And then now we have National Chicken Finger Day, which is today.
Speaker 1: And then there you go. And in England.
Speaker 3: Terry can back this up. I'm told the chicken fingers are known as chicken Gujohn's I believe how you say g O U j o n s. They're also called chicken filets and chicken strips. And but here in the gold, good old Us of A, we love our chicken fingers and it is a staple of every kid's menu. Right, I'm sure CoA, when you take Coati, you got those mini corn dogs and you've got chicken fingers, and those are pretty much on every should be on every kids menu when you go out and about, right, I mean those that you must have.
Speaker 4: That he lives, he practically lives on those lightly breaded chicken nuggets from Tosco.
Speaker 3: Oh those are good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh they're they're wonderful and they're actually they're more like chicken fingers, but they're in the form of a nugget.
Speaker 3: Now, is that are you talking about? They come in like a white package with kind of green on them. Is that the one you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yes, those are.
Speaker 3: A ripoff of Chick fil A. Did you know that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And I feel like they're better than Chick fil a.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And you just put them in the air fryer or you put them in the other.
Speaker 4: Yep, air fryer every day. That's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the air fryer food has gotten so much better.
Speaker 3: It's like I feel like they've really.
Speaker 1: Mastered the air frer food.
Speaker 3: Today is also National Scotch Day. So if you you a Scotch drink, I'm not a Scotch drinker. You a Scotch drinker, Danny.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like our older generator, me and me and you are in the same generation.
Speaker 1: I feel like the people older than us.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I just feel like I remember being at social events and relatives were drinking scotch.
Speaker 1: Maybe they were.
Speaker 4: I feel like it was our grandparents drink.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, I feel like our grandparents were scotch drinkers. That they did that they had cart I remember our grandparents had car slide shows from vacation.
Speaker 4: They had always bring.
Speaker 3: Us kids over and show slide shows and where they want to vacation. And then they also had they would play weird card games. They It wasn't poker, I forget the name of There was a couple of card games my grandfather, one of my grandfather's a big card shark, and he'd have friends and family over to play cards. But it wasn't I forget the name of it.
Speaker 4: The whole slide show concept is strange too, when you think about it. That would be like if nowadays you trap people in your living room and force them to look at pictures from your iPhone from when you went out of town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is odd.
Speaker 3: It's one of those quirky things that you tell people who are younger, younger than us, like the next.
Speaker 1: Generation, like what the f is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: My god? You had to sit in a room and pretend like you cared because your grandfather went to the Grand Canyon. You know. It's like, well, yeah, yeah, my grandfather, my dad's dad.
Speaker 1: He was the master man.
Speaker 3: He had all these cameras, so for him, like he would go on vacation. I'm pretty sure he just was on vacation just to take photos.
Speaker 4: Oh he was Antel Adams. He was just forcing people to see his artwork exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: As story with everything, and a little story about we met this.
Speaker 1: Gentleman and he's a friend of the family.
Speaker 3: You know, when you're a kid, you don't give a flying f you know, you know, I don't care the friend of the family man. Dude, I just want to get the f out of here, all right. I don't sit here and watch this crap. That's that is a world before the Internet.
Speaker 4: Both slide shows would have been better if they would have shared their scotch with us.
Speaker 3: Exactly, kiddos. Let's get hammered kids. Anyway, Let's get to the mailbag and a man who did very well in the mal or palooza. Let's give it up now for ohiou. It's all right, very good, thank you, ohio. A first up is our guy Reggie in Detroit, a regular fifth hour listener. Reggie says, hey, Ben and Danny, hope you guys are enjoying July. He then says, Ben, the NFL is beginning this week. There's exhibition football this week. I like that, Reggie said, exhibition, not preseason. Danny, he said, exhibition, because it is exhibition. And I will never forget the late great Dennis Green. I was hanging out with Dennis Green did an interview with him when he was coaching the Vikings, and I said, I was talking about the exhibition season and Danny Green, God rest his soul. He then Danny got on a soapbox and said, well, Ben, we don't call it the exhibition season.
Speaker 1: It's a preseason. The season ticket always get.
Speaker 3: They get the regular season, then they get the preseason, which is a very important part of how teams get ready for the season. But he was giving me all the talking points. I still remember it. It's been so long and I still remember Dennis Green trying to educate me.
Speaker 1: But I don't care. I still call it exhibition GEPs. Anyway, I think they.
Speaker 4: Charged and you screwed that up, by the way, because he offered you free tickets and you didn't take them up.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: He didn't.
Speaker 1: He did offer me, and I didn't didn't use them.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Reggie says, what's going on is Benny versus the Penny been canceled. Reggie, I will give you an update as soon as I can. All I will tell you is we have not been canceled. The show has not been canceled. The show has not been picked up, though which is not good. I will admit that's not good. But here's the thing. Until you know, I have been in conversations with the people the network at NBC. They've been very good to me. They've been very kind. And the good thing is we've done the show for two years now, and I've worked with Tom Looney for almost thirty years. Me and Luney have done radio and television, so we work really, really smooth together. It's not it's not really an issue. So we're still waiting and I will let you know. And I'm optimistic, but I'm also realistic that it's it's not been picked up. And you are right, Reggie, this is not great this season. The practice games start this week, so we will find out. And as soon as I find out either way, we'll let you know. I mean, we will do Benny Versus the Penny. Whether it's on television or whether it's somewhere else, it'll be done.
Speaker 1: So I'll let you know.
Speaker 4: It's tough because it does cost a lot to produce that show. It's like the Colbert Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we uh, well, that's well, that's funny.
Speaker 3: I think as somebody justin and Cincinnati said, have you been given the Colbert you know that was That's how.
Speaker 4: We foolks using it as a verb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm happy to report and I can say this, even if Benny Versus the Penny gets canceled, we did not call lost NBC forty million dollars a year. They did not lose forty million dollars a year on the TV show. I promise you that now. Ferd Dog and Fullig and says, hey, Ben and Danny g I'm still holding out hope, Ben, But if our worst fears come true and Benny Versus the Penny is not renewed for a third season, do you think the main reason why is because the Penny got lucky and beat you in the regular season last year? He said, no, nobody, that doesn't matter. In fact, I think that made for a better show. Not that I was trying to lose to the Penny, but that was the whole point of the show. The whole point of Benny Versus the Penny is, I actually do handicap the games, and I think I know a little bit about the NFL, and I go out, I picked the games, I do my due diligence and in an adamant object the penny, we flip it up and it ends up beating me, even though I have access to all all the numbers and all the stats, and and that's the whole point of show. Now. As as for the email, Uh, Fergnuck says, and Danny g I know you'll never admit it publicly, but would you take would you secretly take a little joy in Benny versus the penny getting canceled? Uh?
Speaker 1: And then he says, because of that schmuck Tom.
Speaker 3: Looney, Uh, Danny, would you would you do a victory lap if the show got canceled?
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't do a victory lap. I do remember all those early mornings toiling though to put all those penny sound effects and all that together for every Friday podcast that we used to do back in the day. But you don't ever do a you don't ever do a victory danced. I mean, what's the what's the saying that Clay always used to say, Uh, rising tide lifts all ships.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also you'll all the people you see on the way up, you'll see on the way down.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: If you start you to that whole yeah talking, we start shitting on people.
Speaker 1: The clippers coach.
Speaker 3: Whatever we talked about him yesterday, it does kind of come back and hit you a little bit. Scott, thank you for Doug, Scott writes in Scott says, Bend and Danny g I was born and raised in Clearwater, Floorida. My grandfather entertained all of my childhood fascinations and heroic figures.
Speaker 1: During my early years.
Speaker 3: Like most seventy nine ers, I loved hal Cogan and Rocky three.
Speaker 1: Was my favorite movie as a six year old.
Speaker 3: So when I moved back here in twenty twenty about a house one block from the Hulkster, but considerably cheaper and certainly more flood prone, I always thought my grandfather would cackle at the thought of us driving past each other on a regular basis. Every time I saw his, meaning hal Cogan's white goatee driving a hot rod, I thought of my grandpa. I never had the guts to introduce myself and to say hi. Scott says it was something I always was going to get around to doing and to personally thank him for providing some of the greatest childhood memories I still have about my grandfather. So my question to you is this, do you have any regrets about not approaching or thanking or even genuflecting at the altar of people that you have come across as an adult who you're up to as a child. I imagine in your line of work the opportunities have been funty, but the professional code and the awkwardness of adulthood must hold back in some instances. It sounds like you properly connected with Vin Scully, which must have been a dream come true.
Speaker 1: And then he says, I love Scott.
Speaker 3: He says, then, ps, By the way, Ben, when you die, my six year old son, Carter is going to be like my dad always listened to Ben Mallor.
Speaker 1: He is a regular.
Speaker 3: Podcast listener and talks about me or talks to me about your show.
Speaker 1: Well that's very sweet of Carter.
Speaker 4: But and you and I actually have a story about this very thing in the FSR building. Yeah, remember standing outside of that studio where you stole a pen. But we actually didn't get to meet the guy and shake his hand.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, Rush Limbaugh.
Speaker 3: Yesh, Yeah, we were supposed to meet Rush Limbaugh, the iconic Rush Limbaugh, greatest political talk shows in the history of radio and the biggest name and financially for the company we worked for. He made more money for them than anybody, and we were supposed to meet Rush. And I remember every year Rush would come to LA for man. I've worked at Premiere for twenty something years, and in those years, Rush would come to La usually a week or two sporadically he'd show up. And you always knew when Rush was coming to La because the whole company was Defcon one. Everybody had to be clean, everything had to.
Speaker 4: Be had carpet cleaner services in the week prior.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it was just Rush had his own studio, even though he only worked for like two weeks a year in La own studio.
Speaker 4: Way nicer than the one we worked in every day twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean he had the golden mic, the whole thing. And so our boss at the time was was like, hey, we're gonna you know, he was every once in a while, I'd be like, I want to show you. I'm going to introduce you to Rush Rush Limbaugh. And so that that was the plan, and you know, you remember what happened, Danny did not.
Speaker 1: There was a there's a lot going on that.
Speaker 3: Day, and there was some meetings, as I remember, and some timing that was supposed to happen did not happen, and.
Speaker 4: It was just awkward anyways, Remember because there were a couple other people waiting around to meet him as well. One of those strange things where you want to meet him but then you don't and you don't pull the trigger. There were a couple of times where you and I could have walked up to him and we didn't. He was in the same room as us, and it's just so odd and awkward, and finally we just let it pass. And I remember though you sneaking into his Golden Mike's studio and grabbing his pen.
Speaker 3: I did I have a rush Limbaugh pen? I have guilty of that one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's a great email, Scott, And I got to tell you this Hull Cogan thing really did touch a lot of middle aged guys like us in the fields, Danny, as the kids say, Uh, there were a lot of emotions and a lot of us. If you're around our age and you grew up with wrestling, like Hulk Hogan was the Bomiti Bomiti Bomiti Bomiti Bomiti. Uh for sure. But I'm trying to think some other people, Scott, you you did mention Vin Scully and yeah, I got to know Evan a little bit, which was awesome. And I was always someone that admired play by play people. And these are the people that when I was a kid, like I got to talk to Harry Carey, who was when I was a kid, was the voice of the Cubs on WGN the superstation, Skip Carrey, who was the Atlanta Braves. I used to watch TBS and all the Braves games were on there when I was a kid, and so I'd watched that. And I'm trying to think. Ralph Kiner was a Mets broadcaster when I was a kid on w w o R the superstation. Got to got to meet him, Harry, I meant Harry call I did meet Harry Callis, who was the voice of NFL films, The Fighting.
Speaker 4: Phils, Nice Eagles, A.
Speaker 3: Really nice guy, Harry Callous. Could he I actually had him, Danny do liners? Remember we used to get people to do liners. You're listening to the Ben Mallor Show, and this is Harry Callous.
Speaker 1: And so I got that.
Speaker 3: Ernie Harwell, these are legendary if you're broadcasting. Nerd these were legendary names when I was a kid. So I did get to meet a lot of those people and that was pretty cool. But you're right, you didn't really get to tell them like, hey, you meant a lot to me. And that's some of them. I did a lot of them that I didn't, so you know, that's part of that's part of it. And plug I did know a little bit from being around Vin Scully a little bit and doing some stuff with the Dodgers, Like people did come up to Vin a lot and say that, and so I think he kind of liked when people just treated them regularly, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I know, and talk about regular things. And I think that's part of dragging your feet a little bit, because you don't want to come off as some super fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I remember Fernando Venezuela who would always hang out in the back of the press box dining room at Dodger Stadium, and he just loved that the other Mexican reporters and the other media people that would be at his table just treated him like a regular person. Because Fernando in the Mexican American community in Los Angeles is a god or was it god? Obviously passed away, but he just loved the vibey guy from a guy like that was like he just liked being one of the guys. And so you know, hey, it's it does suck when these people die. And like because Hahul Cogan, you figured out I probably had you know, at least seven eight years, maybe nine, I don't who knows, but seventy one man, that whole Cogan. Yeah, yeah, like we in the last year with George Foreman, the Foreman, Grille Boxing gone, Hull Cogan, the kid from the Cosby Show died. He drowned, and he's a little older than us.
Speaker 4: I'm Malcolm Jamal Warner. Really sad.
Speaker 3: Ozzy Osbourne, you know these man legends, these are legends. These are iconic people in our childhood, our youth.
Speaker 4: We're getting old. And that famous jazz musician who has one of the only instrumentals any of us know.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: So we just have eighties and nineties stars dropping like flies lately, and it is sad because it's definitely like a piece of your childhood going to the wayside. Yep.
Speaker 3: Ryan from Shrewsbury, mass right sin and he says, hey, Benny and Danny, I was on TikTok earlier. I saw this clip and someone asked this question, so I want to He thought it was a good question. So Ryan wants to ask us the question. He says, question, in a one versus one race between Usain Bolt and Joey chestnutt in a hundred meter dash.
Speaker 4: Who wins?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: He says, when the gun goes off to start the race, each runner has to down one full hot dog then run the one hundred meter dash?
Speaker 1: Who wins?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know the easy answer as well with Joey Chestnut because you know he'd need it in two seconds and it would take you sain Bolt a long time. And here's the thing, though, I would pick Usain Bolt anyway, because even if Usain Bolt took a long time, like Joey Chestnut, God love him, he's been on the podcast. He's just a middle aged guy. He's got a dad body. He's not gonna be even Usain Bolt could take.
Speaker 4: I don't know, remember how he put that protester into a choke hold.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's a physical But I'm talking about running.
Speaker 4: Though, yeah, point And I bet what he could down those dogs so fast, Ben that even if he's jogging, he could still win.
Speaker 3: I interviewed Usain Bolt years ago. He was promoting something. They put him on the show, a show I was filling in for somebody, and he was very nice and very cool guy, Usain Bolt. And I remember about that interview is I, I don't know a lot about running. I don't know if you know this, Danny. I'm not an expert track and field.
Speaker 4: I implows my mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I was trying to think of some things to ask him because I didn't really know a lot. I watched him. I used to watch while he's not performing anymore in the Olympics, but I used to watch him in the Olympics. And so the only time I watched track and field like anyone else is the Olympics. And so I tun to He was like, yeah, you know, when I'm not running, I just want to sit around and eat and play video games like that.
Speaker 1: He was like that.
Speaker 3: He claimed that guy was his life. He just spent hours a day playing video games. So if he's doing that, I'm guessing he can probably put down a hot dog.
Speaker 1: And he runs so much. Isn't the rule of thumb, Danny?
Speaker 3: When you're running around that much and you're doing all that physical exercise, you gotta eat a lot. You gotta put it down because you're burning calories.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, the fuel that you need. What is it like we've seen some of those guys ten thousand callerie diets.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the NFL, some of the NFL guys Kevin and Kansas. And it says, dear Ben and Danny g What is the ohass for me? He says, what has the status been of the laundry basket that you found on the side of the road a few years ago?
Speaker 4: Has it been I remember this story?
Speaker 3: Yes, I I think that was was that during the COVID? I think that might have been during COVID. I don't know. Yeah, I was driving around and I on the side of the road was a laundry cart, like a professional laundromat laundry.
Speaker 1: Cart on the side of the road you rescued it. I drove past it.
Speaker 3: A couple of times, and I, as I remember, I said to myself, next time I come down this road, if that thing's still there, I'm getting it. Because and next time, I, like the next day I drove down the road, the damn thing was still there. So I went and I took it. Uh and uh anyway, Kevin says, has it been in storage, is being used? Has it been repurposed? Inquiring minds want to know. So essentially, it's it's a bit of one in three. It is not being used for laundry. It is not being used for laundry. It is in storage, but it has been repurposed, Kevin, because we put other junk in it, Like there's other stuff in it, So we we have repurposed the laundry cart. It is not completely gone. I'm sure we're gonna get rid of it at some point because we don't use it, and it'll be a sad day, Danny when we get rid of that thing.
Speaker 1: But that's the.
Speaker 4: It's now holding all of your illegal fireworks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta get ready my Disneyland style fireworks I get from Tijuana. Racist Alex from Boston writes in he says, hey, bndon Danny Lebron James.
Speaker 1: He says, is trying.
Speaker 3: To stop AI. He says his lawyer sent a cease and assist letter and he wants to know. He says, you guys work in the media business. Is there any way AI can seriously be controlled. That's Alex in Boston. He's talking about this viral video Danny of Lebron pregnant Lebron. Yeah, pregnant Lebron. Me.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's so good. All right, I'll let you go first, Danny. What do you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we talked a lot about this on the CNR show. Yeah. I don't know if you're aware of this or not, Benny, there's actually an AI version of the two of us. What. Yeah, really, just don't know if you want to listen to it because there are some curse words and it's not stuff we normally would say. But somebody actually took your voice and my voice and they have us interacting together doing a fake version of the podcast after this podcast. Oh my, I was unaware of this. I yeah, it's on YouTube.
Speaker 3: I am blown away though by AI Danny. It is wow. People have sent me emails like you can do a full Malar monologue. They will write it in like two seconds. They will write a Malard monologue in my voice, that my phrasing.
Speaker 4: With the voice stuff, you can tell that it's you know, a deep fake.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The problem with those videos right now, I guess if you look closely enough, you can tell because it almost the colors and things look like I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, I don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Lebron looked pregnant to me.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you're doing but that. But look, here's the thing. The videos uh have tricked people. The voice stuff is not tricking people yet, but when it gets better and it starts to trick people just off of voices, then shit's gonna hit the fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no how do you verify anything if you're you know your voice verify What are you going to do? Like I, I'm sure there'll be some ways of someone will figure out, there will be a solution. It is just mind blowing though, So I don't really have a great answer, Alex, I mean you can. That seems like a game of whack a mole to me, Danny, where you're not gonna be able to win it. You know, you play whack a mole, you knock one of things down, another one pops up, So good luck. Bobby from Florida writes in on the Fifth Hour mail bag.
Speaker 1: He says.
Speaker 3: A team went viral this week. According to Bobby, I don't think this is the key line, Pie, Bobby, I think this is a different Bobby. Apparently there's more than one Bobby lives in Florida, says Ben and Danny. A team went viral this week, saved one thousand dollars on driving lessons by watching YouTube videos, and he passed the driving test the first time. Thumbs upper thumbs down on this from Bobby in Florida. You know I'm gonna go thumbs up. I took I had a driving I went to driving school.
Speaker 1: Drive.
Speaker 3: My mom hired some guy to teach me how to drive when I was a kid because we didn't have YouTube. But the whole point, my take on this, Dany, is the whole point is to learn how to drive. So if you learn, you can learn multiple ways. Like some people learn from from writing things now and something I learned from watching. But if you learn YouTube, I've learned a million things from YouTube. So what's the problem.
Speaker 1: I don't do What the problem is?
Speaker 3: I don't?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm serious, Like once a month I'm learning how to do something from a YouTube video. Driving no different. The thing is, though, to get good at it, you do gotta be on the road. Because I remember when I taught myself how to drive, I would just keep getting on the five Freeway, and I would go a few exits and then get off. And it was so scary getting on the freeway and getting off the freeway. After I did it a few times, I started to get comfortable. But if you watch those videos, at least you are prepared to then get by the wheel.
Speaker 3: Now, if you really when CoA is old enough to drive, which will be many years from now. But if you really want to give CoA a real life lesson on driving, take him on the one ten freeway, Danny in the La between Dodger Stadium and Pasadena, and just let him go on and off those off ramps on the avenues in La Avenue twenty six, Avenue forty whatever. I used to live right there in Lincoln Heights. That is the original freeway in America. And that is designed for cars that were going what, Danny fifteen miles an hour or something like that. It is wild, it is next. These on ramps are literally how many.
Speaker 4: Feet you think they are, Danny, like fifty NASCAR drivers would have a problem on that road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like people talk about the autobaon.
Speaker 3: We we used to have a guy Autobon Butch who's now in modesto who calls h but like to me, that is so and people drive like complete.
Speaker 1: Assholes in l A terrible anyway, I just popped into my head.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's a that's a great idea. And then to give to a further lesson, I would have them parallel park in skid row there in downtown La.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just get out and you know, go eat some food and enjoy himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Kwang from Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam right sent as big Man and Daddy g Radio. We know if it were up to Rob Parker, our friend Rob Parker, that NBA gms would shop for players like Ben Simmons at the discount rack at TJ Max.
Speaker 1: I need a cole shower, he says.
Speaker 3: In the context of TJ Max, did you know that the numbers one, two, and seven on price tags indicate the source of the item, And he says, one, when you go to TJ Max one item, the item with one are often manufactured by the brand for TJ Max, I guess maybe there'd be a slight difference. Quality is not quite the same. Number two there are genuine These are genuine name brand items that were also sold by the brand itself, making them a quality if I see you want that?
Speaker 1: And then number seven.
Speaker 3: These are last year's items that are still genuine name brand products, but they're just offered at a bargain. So do you ever go to TJ Max Danny shop there?
Speaker 4: No, really, I used to go.
Speaker 1: I don't go anymore.
Speaker 4: Once in a while. If you're looking for I think we used to go to the mar Marshalls. Yeah, we used to go to Marshalls for like, like if a phone case cracked, or you needed a charging cord or something like that, or a shaving kit or a bathroom bag, things like that. That's what those stores are good for. Yeah, we would Gods and Ends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ross dress for least.
Speaker 3: I think TJ Max if you need like a computer bag or a backpack.
Speaker 4: Like, yes, really good, really good? Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 3: Tony in the Bay Area one of my favorite rights and says, please improve the bumper music by mentioning chronic and pussy in your monologues, Grossius and Danny, g are you part of the Covino and Rich after pod show? I heard the commercial bears that's Tony in the Bay Area.
Speaker 4: So there's Tony there.
Speaker 3: Check.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he's talking about over promised. They do a podcast every Thursday. I am not part of that podcast.
Speaker 3: Stars attract other stars. Yeah, Barry from South Carolina rights in says Yo Yo mob, Benny and Danny g Who would you like to see from your regular ex contributors or people you have met at Mallard me and Greet's become callers to your live show. Uh? Yeah, Mar, We've We've had some people that I'm there's a lot of people that hide behind their X accounts. Like I don't know who mister nice guy, Like he's interacted with the show for years on on X, but I don't think he's ever called. Maybe he has, I don't remember. I'm trying to think, like a lot of these guys have called. I met Ike in Roseville, Minnesota, very nice man, great guy. Uh. Some of the other guys in Minnesota that kind of hide behind their their phones, I've I've met them al in Minnesota. I've not met Ohio l. Hopefully if we do the Ohio Meet.
Speaker 4: And greet, Well, probably wish that weed Man Hippie was a Texter or a tweeter only.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, when weed Man, Oh God, that's a good question, Barry. I don't.
Speaker 1: At the top of my head, I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not really nothing's really hitting other than mister nice guy and Ferd Dog calls in every once in a while. I don't think Alf does. I have not. I don't think I've spoken to Al.
Speaker 4: Who's the one long time listener where you would love to finally meet them at a malor meet and greet.
Speaker 3: Well, Dick and Dayton, Alf the Alien Opiner. Those are a couple of the guys for sure that I would like to be. I'd like to be weed Man, Hippie a weed Man's been calling the show for twenty years, fulllexus like these are. I met hollering James. That was an experience. I didn't say a good one.
Speaker 4: Now, Well, weed Man tried to open for you at a live show convention center and you blew that opportunity.
Speaker 3: It's ran out a casino in Vegas and would have all his money. There would have been seven people that showed up to that event, and five of them just to laugh at weed Man.
Speaker 1: We'll get out on that, Danny. It's Sunday.
Speaker 3: I'll be back tonight in the Magic Radio Box to break it all down.
Speaker 1: Should be a normal week for me on.
Speaker 3: The radio side and anything you want to share. Well, you did chair earlier this weekend that your wife will be going away, so you'll be running around buck naked in your house this week Danny. That'll be fun.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yeah, I'll have the house to myself for a few days, and that'll lead into Thursday and Friday when CNR and myself are in for Colin Cowherd Thursday and Friday, as all the big time radio stars continue to take their final days off for vacation before the NFL season starts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I am. I will be taking some time off. I have not talked to Mike.
Speaker 4: I said big radio stars.
Speaker 3: Well, well I'm big in size, not in Yeah. All right, we'll enjoy that, Danny.
Speaker 4: And enjoy your couple of days off with your brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Not this week, by the way, but he's the following week. My brother will be hanging out with us. I'll be hanging out with him anyway. Have a great rest of your day and we'll catch you. I'll catch you tonight, Dani'll catch you tomorrow later.
Speaker 4: Skater gotta murder. I gotta go