Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: The NBA season is in full swing, coming down the stretch. Then we move right into the playoffs in April, May and June. I can't wait. Spice things up with Draftking sports Book and official sports betting partner the NBA. Right now, all you have to do is put down five bucks and get one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bets. Pretty good trade off. I pay five, I get one hundred and fifty dollars. North Carolina listeners, do not forget. Welcome to the party. Draft King Sportsbook now live in your state, North Carolina. Download the Draftking sports Book app takes ninety seconds. The code is Colin col N Again ninety seconds. Download Draft King sports Book app.
Speaker 2: Put in Colin.
Speaker 3: New customers bet five, get one hundred and fifty back in bonus bets instantly. That is the trade all right. The code is always Colin.
Speaker 2: The crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight open wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut help is available. For problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See DKNG dot co slash bball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 5: What's up, everybody? Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. It is Wednesday morning, live from Los Angeles and we are here with another Bleacher Report Live episode on the Bleacher Report app. So shout out to all of you who are tuning in checking this out.
Speaker 2: Much love to.
Speaker 5: All of you who are getting your podcasts where you get your podcasts from, but continue to come show us love.
Speaker 2: We greatly appreciate that. We never take it for granted.
Speaker 5: Doves had a big win last night over the Lakers. Killer Clay Thompson had another good game finished with twenty seven. Make sure y'all go check that Clay interview out on our YouTube pageutube dot com slash at Draymond Green Show.
Speaker 2: To check out the interview with Clay.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of things there to unpack, Clay Thompson's future, what that looks like, Clay Thompson's past, how all of that came about, the championships, the injury, the feelings, all of the above. It's a great time, great chat. And as you all know, we have been waiting to get Clay on for a while. I'm happy it happened the way it did and we had him on last week.
Speaker 2: Or this week. So make sure y'all go check that interview out.
Speaker 5: But getting into it, like I said, yeah, we beat the Lakers last night one thirty four to hitting twenty six threes, first time since twenty fifteen. That Steph, myself and Clay all have five plus threes, second time ever, first time since twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: Man, it felt good. Honestly.
Speaker 5: I went to shoot with Travis yesterday and we went to get shot up yesterday morning, and we just worked a lot on my arc, like.
Speaker 2: Getting my arc up, getting my form right, getting my hand through it.
Speaker 5: And I told him like, yo, my shot feel good, like and I gotta just come off fire because I know they're going to help off and.
Speaker 2: They always played me like that.
Speaker 5: Uh. They are probably as egregious as any team about helping off of me. And you know, I have my ways of making teams pay when they do help off, uh, which Brin and JJ Henner at in their mind the game fourth episode, which we'll talk about.
Speaker 2: But last night I didn't use those ways.
Speaker 5: I used the trade ball and it was very efficient five for five to start from three end of up five to seven. But honestly, was just taking what the defense gives me. And you know, with AD not being out there obviously changes their defense up drastically. Ads arguably having a defensive Player of the Year type of caliber season, and you know, he wasn't out there, which makes a big difference on both sides.
Speaker 2: Of the floor.
Speaker 5: We all we all know what Anthony Davis is capable of the type of player that he is, so that that definitely made a big difference. He was reported out a couple hours before the game, and if I'm honest with you, my reaction to someone being reported out it was probably total opposite of what most would think. I hate playing in games like where you're not playing against the guys. It's hard to get up for the game when you're not playing against the guys that you expected playing against when you come in to the arena, it's kind of like a letdown, you know, And so I was happy to get off to a good start obviously knowing what was at stake. You know, it makes it a little easier to get up for the game and even under the circumstances. And you know, it also came down to like the last second of whether Bron was going to play or not. So I was really here limbo before the game. Once I was told Bron was playing, I'm like, all right, cool, Like that's kind of what helped me settle in because I mean, any Tom Brown's on the floor, he's going to give his team a chance to win.
Speaker 2: So for that was, you know, reason I was able to lock in.
Speaker 5: But finding out like Ad was out, like that sucks because you want to play against like the top competition. Like for me, that's what that what that's what makes me go, like, you know, I can care less about the games against the trash teams that you just gotta be out there like those are the worst.
Speaker 2: So that was good.
Speaker 5: Got a little shot out from the Great Reggie Miller called me a splash cousin. I talked about it on T and T last night. Y'all don't need that. Y'all can go find another splash cousin. Don't put me in that family because the expectations of that family and the way they shoot the ball, I'm not quite sure I need nor want those expectations. So y'all can keep those guys over there. I'm gonna stay over here. That teams keep helping off me, so I can just dial it on up.
Speaker 2: I don't need all.
Speaker 5: That pressure what those guys are doing. Quite frankly, it's not gonna happen anyway. But Steph had a really really good game and fishing game. Only shot nine shots seven to nine from the field, six for six from three, finished for twenty three, eight assists, seven rebounds, your truly fifteen, ten assists, six rebounds.
Speaker 2: I had two blocks.
Speaker 5: They shortened me and only gave me one block, So y'all should check that Brown shot that little face the way in the first half and like toward the shot clocks, Rundown definitely blocked that and then obviously the block on rue it. But I get short of my blocks a lot, just like I get short as the foul because my tooth.
Speaker 2: Hurt like hell.
Speaker 5: By the way, just so y'all know, I may have to go see my dentist make sure my tooth is intact. I was trying to buy some food last night and that shit hurt. Still, no foul, no worries. Klay Thomps for twenty seven points on ten and sixteen shooting. We really shot the ball lights out last night, which was great for us. Now whereas interesting is we know we're capable of shooting the ball lights out. We have a great shooting team, has had one since I've been with the Warriors, and it's very encouraging because a lot of it a came off our defense, our defense leading to great offense, and then also we created great looks and they just happened to go down. You know.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like we were out there taking tough threes.
Speaker 5: Where they were, you know, all over us, and like every shot was just going in, like they were driving kick threes, which drive kickswing three, open three, and so the ball movement was great, played with great pace and we end up getting great looks. So obviously when you got Steph Thompson, Steph Curry and Klay Thompson on the floor. Shooting the ball grade is never a fluke. Shooting the ball grade is actually what's expected. Twenty six threes on sixty four percent from the field, which is best ever in his NBA history. So it came out a good time for us, obviously, a much needy game. That puts us a half game behind the Lakers for ninth place. From not mistaken, if we went out, that'll put us at the nine seed. We can still get up to the eight seed depending on what happens with Sack and New Orleans and Phoenix, and of those teams got to play each other, we still got to play in New Orleans. Both of us will be coming off of back to back on Friday. We got Portland tomorrow at Portland.
Speaker 2: New Orleans have.
Speaker 5: Sack as Sack, so that's a big game, a really big game. And then the next night New Orleans has Phoenix at Sack, which will also probably be a big game for Phoenix with where they are the standards.
Speaker 2: So a lot of shaking down with just playing tournament.
Speaker 5: And it's exactly with the Boss Adam Silver Order And no I'm not talking about those scriptwriters. I'm talking about the play in tournament. Since the Playing Tournament came about what four years ago, three years ago, it has been the game's already highest rated games of the season, and the excitement that it adds to the last ten to fifteen games of the season has been unparallel.
Speaker 2: So that's been great to see.
Speaker 5: But that's what's going on in the play in So if you're not paying attention to that, you just may want to pay attention to because it is something.
Speaker 2: To keep an eye on.
Speaker 5: We've beaten the Lakers the last couple of times, obviously last night without a D and then the game before he left the game early. If I'm not mistaken, the Lakers are always a tough matchup. Like I said, having a D on the court always makes a difference. You know, I am very confident, you know, if we play them in the play in situation that we can win, that we will win. And saying that, you know, anytime you're playing against a D and Bron in a one game situation, it's tough because you know they're always more than capable of putting a great night together, and it's more likely in a one game situation that they're going to put a great night together.
Speaker 2: Than the bad night, So it's always tough.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Nonetheless, that that is where we are, and I have total confidence that we can take advantage of some things that they do and win the game if that is the case. But they're saying that the Kings also lost last night, and that puts them one game ahead of the Doves, which is interesting because, like I said, they have a couple of tough games coming up.
Speaker 2: So we shall see how that play out.
Speaker 5: It is important that over the course of these next three games we win all of them. You got to control what you can control, and that's what we can control.
Speaker 2: Two games that.
Speaker 5: We should win, and then one game that I also feel we should win, but it'll be a lot tougher because they're playing for something just like we are, so gotta stay locked in. But I'm very pleased with where we are, how we're playing. We're coming together, playing at the right well at the right time, and I think that'll bowl well for us and punching our ticket and making a run.
Speaker 2: Very excited about that. The t Wolves and other.
Speaker 5: News say they're getting Cat back either tonight or Friday or Sunday or something like that.
Speaker 2: It'll be interesting.
Speaker 5: Because they've played really well without Cat, and they played really well with Cat. I'm not making like some assumption that they're better without Cat or anything like that. I'm just saying right now today, chemistry is everything in the NBA. Chemistry is huge, and Cat, if I'm not mistaken, has missed what the last ten to fifteen games or something like that with the knee injury.
Speaker 2: And to come back at the end of the season.
Speaker 5: Where a guys have been gearing up, you know, from a body standpoint, from a mental standpoint, from a rhythm standpoint. For the playoffs, team has as well. Niles Reed has been playing well. Now you incorporate Cat back, and Cat's a big force. Cat carries a lot of weight. Cat changing the way you play because you're gonna feature him because he's that good. And so that will be an adjustment for them adding Cat back into the fold. And that's always tough to do in the playoffs. Yet nonetheless we've had to do that. We've had to add Kevin Duranton to playoff series. We've had to ask Steph Curry into playoff series. Two years ago when we won a championship, I came back March sixteen, two and a half three weeks before the season ended.
Speaker 2: We successfully did.
Speaker 5: That, and then when I came back, Steph got hurt and we had to add him back in. Actually when the playoffs starting, if you remember one of those series he was coming off the bench, might have been Denver. And so it's not an impossible thing to do. It is a tougher thing to do, especially with a team that hasn't been there. Obviously, the timber Wolves hasn't been at that stage, hasn't been a one seed or two seed or three seeds wherever they'll finish, and so the expectations and then trying to work with that can get a little tough.
Speaker 2: Nonetheless, if you can get Cat back, you add Cat back.
Speaker 5: Into the fold and you just figure it out with whatever it is that you have to figure it out with. Always happy to see guys healthy and get back on the court. So great for Cat. Happy, happy he's healthy and back rade to play for this postseason run. At the end of the day, we're all NBA players and we do our best to uplift a product, and you want the best product on the floor that you can have out there for the sake of the league, for ourselves, for the future of this league. So happy to see Cat back out there. I feel, like I said, ultimately, they just got to figure that out, and you much rather have that problem than the other side, which is he.
Speaker 2: Can't play and moving forward.
Speaker 5: Shout out to South Carolina Louis Vauton, Dawn Staley, the goat, one of the goats, putting it together out there, building an incredible, incredible program, has built an incredible program, and they just took their third championship in two years.
Speaker 2: Undefeated season took.
Speaker 5: Down Caitlyn Clark and the Iowa Hawk Eyes House. Congratulations to Kaitlyn on an incredible career. Absolutely amazing what she's done for the game. I love how she pays her respects to the people that came before her, ultimately knowing and understanding that it's not just her but the people that came before her and giving her the platform that they gave her. And then she did her job, which I always talk to you all about pe Myers, telling me, you owe it to the game to leave it in a better place than it was when you found it, and for those that came before her and where they got the game too. She took it and took it to another level and that's all you can hope for. So shout out to Kaitlyn, but more importantly, shout out to them champions. Shot out to the champions. The South Carolina game Cocks much love. There's been a lot of talk going around over the last few days about women's basketball and college women's basketball pretty much all year, and how the numbers were higher than the guys, and how the star power was hired than the guys. And that's a very interesting and dangerous thing I always talk about when you know, WNBA or women's basketball in general start comparing themselves to men's sports, and ultimately, I think that's a recipe for a disaster because number one, when you start talking NBA and WNBA, the NBA is fifty years older than the WNBA fifty.
Speaker 2: So that right there alone is.
Speaker 5: Already going to give you a big gap, like because it's fifty years older like, so you're automatically going to have a gap just by the stages of where that the leagues are as far as you know, the length of time that the league's been going.
Speaker 2: So that's a natural thing, an interesting thing. Though.
Speaker 5: What's been interesting to me is that all the talk and everybody like pinpoint, like see better than the guys, better than this, more numbers than the guys, ticket prices, highers, Like people are actually like pinning these two things together and creating like this competition, and I think it's so wrong, Like I think it's actually horrible for the women's game because you start comparing where you don't like, competing where you don't need to compare it. And to me that that's crazy, Like you're you're never going to like pull your watchers from the men's game, Like no, they can watch both, like they can watch the women's game. They can watch the men's game. But when you start comparing college star power for for the women's game in college star power for the men's game, that's where it gets tricky. Because when you watch ESPN and they're highlighting the the game.
Speaker 2: Per se Iowa versus Yukon, when.
Speaker 5: You watch the women's game, they're not really highlighting the coaches, although Gino Ariama is such a legend that they always mentioned, but they're not highlighting the coaches, you know who they were highlighted. They were highlighting Caitlin Clark and Paige Beckers. They were highlighting the players, which is great, I think, But in college men's basketball, they don't highlight the players. They highlight the coaches. So when you watch the Michigan State play against the Kentucky, they don't put Tyson Walker picture up and Rob Dillingham picture up. They put John Caliperry picture on the screen and Tom Izzo picture on the screen. So college men's basketball has always been about the coaches.
Speaker 2: It's not about the players.
Speaker 5: So what you don't get marketed is like the player in college men's basketball, what you get marketed is the coaches. Coaches that's been there for all these years, fifteen years CALIBERI is leaving Kentucky. Coach has been at the head coach at Michigan State since nineteen ninety five, it's almost thirty years.
Speaker 2: That's what is marketed, not.
Speaker 5: Xavier Booker, who's looking to take that next step next year. And so I think it's a very slippery slope when you start comparing those two things, because next year there won't be a Kaitler. Now there will still be Paige and pages incredible, but my point is you won't have that star power every year, and you can't just flip it then to the coaches like I never knew Iowa was coaching until maybe like this week, and like I remember her last name, but don't remember her first name because she's not marketed. Caitlin Clark is marketed. So when you don't have that star power now and you're still being marketed up against these giants because their game will be marketed as by the giants that is tom Is the giants that is Caliperry, the giants that are you know, the list Bill self, the list go Rick Barnes, like, the list goes on and on and on.
Speaker 2: You're going to be marketed against those giants every year.
Speaker 5: And so in the year that you don't have a Kaitlin or even a page for that matter, are you still going to market against those giants? And if you do and you don't have that star power, then all traction that you've built now fall off because where does your marketing and go and does it stand the test of the giants versus the giants? I think not, which is why I think is a very dangerous slope to go down in comparing the two and making it we're better than this, Look at this, we did that. That's a slippery slope, and I think it's actually a very unnecessary slope. So now when talking about growing the women's game, now you have these players Caitlin angel Rees, cam Bring, Camilla Cardozo, you have these players go on to the WNBA.
Speaker 2: Now where that gets trick he.
Speaker 5: Is you're better marketed in college than you are to WNBA. WNBA is starting to take that next step. But the problem that you run into in the WNBA is now you're going to have the Kaitlin Clarkson the league and all this thing, and like you got grey traction.
Speaker 2: But now you got to find the game somewhere.
Speaker 5: Because there's more college women's games on TV than our WNBA games on TV. So now you got to be able to find the games. So that problem has to be addressed as well. And so I said all of that to say women's basketball is in an incredible place and I think it's great. I just said all of that to say, don't, like, let's not go back down the road of comparing the two, because it just doesn't make sense. It's an unnecessary battle for no reason. And if you lose the battle, the unnecessary battle, then what there was never a point to create the battle, and not saying the women are creating the battle, although you sometimes do see some of the women like yeah, look at that. But I'm not saying the women that are creating a battle. I'm just saying in general, probably should tread a little lightly with that because it's unnecessary.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the Yukon Huskies.
Speaker 5: Rudy Gay went to training camp with us earlier this year, like we're a blue blood. I'm like, Rudy, y'all not a blue blood. And we talked about if they wanted again, would they be a blue blood? They're probably blue bloods. With what yu Kon has done, to Dan Hurley's point over the last twenty five to thirty years, you kind of got to put them in the blue blood category. Going back to back, there was never a doubt that they win that championship. I had tweeted something about Zach Edie and you could go back and watch. Jackson'll probably go find a clip if we're allowed to put the clips up here, which we're on Bleacher Report. T and T had the game. Turner Family had the games, so maybe the clip can't go up. But there was a specific play maybe around like the eighteen nineteen minute mark, where it was kind of Haywire on Purdue and they ended up getting a turnover. And I saw Zach Edy walking back down the court and he was like walking like shrinking down, like head down. And I told my boys, I was watching the game where and my wife was sitting. I say, he's done. That's it, he's done. I have not seen his body language like that all tournament. A long he's toase it's not going great for him right now, and his body language drop. But the start of the game he blocking little dude shot and like looking at him like he was crazy for coming in there. And now that body language he no longer believes. And the next place after that, he ended up like giving up a couple offensive rebounds, which I hadn't seen him do all tournament. A couple of guys drove to the land and just got easy layups. He didn't even come over for the block. He caught the ball in the post and travel And I'm like, I told y'all, like I could see that in his body language. And then you know, when I tweet, I tweet because I just want to tweet. I never really read y'all replies, and so I'm sure, though, like I know how this thing works. And most of these people out here don't really know the game of basketball. I'm sure if I did read my replies, they probably said something like, you don't know what you're talking about. He had thirty seven points, how dare you say he quit? Blah blah blah. He did his job, and the reality is he finished with thirty seven points. But it wasn't no zach Eedy thirty seven. It wasn't a dominant thirty seven. What was dominant was like twenty twenty two. And then they bottled it up and they was just like, you're gonna just shoot these jump hooks. We're gonna take all these other guys away. You're gonna fight, fight, fight against this one oh one for these jump hooks from almost a free throw line, and we gonna see if you can make him. He was not moving the guys. He was backing down, so he was taking far jump hooks. And on top of him not being able to back the guys down and move those guys and taking those far jump hooks like it was killing their demeanor and it was killing their spirit.
Speaker 2: And so as the game went on, YU kind of opens the leader up.
Speaker 5: They're now taking the three away the last four or five minutes of the game, pretty much inviting him to throw the drive to the hole or throw the ball in the zak Edy and they drive, they're missing layups, he's getting a little put backs. That's how he ended up with a double double. That's how he ended up with thirty seven points. Like the last fifteen points were kind of like garbage time, Like we're not giving up a three.
Speaker 2: You can have these layups, and.
Speaker 5: So don't come to me with the Oh he had thirty seven, I see through that was not a dominant thirty seven shout out the number thirty five and clinging from Yukon. He started it off, and number thirty five came in like I don't care how if I file out or not. I'm using all these files. I'm just trying to get under his skin. I'm just putting up a fight. And number thirty five did that. And it was him that I saw that got to zak Aty, like it was him that really got under the sand started with clinging. But number thirty five, if I really got under skin, and they did their job, and so I want to get those guys credit for the job that they did on Zach Edy, because when you always get the.
Speaker 2: Ball, you're going to score points.
Speaker 5: So you're never going to shut down a guy like that completely because you're going to get the ball so many times you're going to score some points.
Speaker 2: But I'm not buying that thirty seven.
Speaker 5: That thirty seven was not the thirty seven that you all who don't know basketball try to tell me on my.
Speaker 2: Twitter he had thirty seven. Stop it. That was not a dominant thirty seven.
Speaker 5: And now I just showed you how to read somebody byty language. So if you want to go back and check out that clip and see at that moment where he was walking back and I said to my boys, he's done, and then you want to go watch him after that, go watch.
Speaker 2: And you've learned your.
Speaker 5: Lesson today on real points and garbage sound points and real dominance and your number said thirty seven and how to spot blood in the world. Water just gave you a real tutorio on that. So I hope you all appreciate it. But more importantly, I hope you go check it out so you can see it, you can identify it as a different layer to the game and how you may see it moving forward in the future.
Speaker 2: There you have it. Before we get out.
Speaker 5: Of here, we'll take a couple of malbad questions, but before we get there, I'm always fun talking about the mind of game episode Brian was recently talking about one of my superpowers is my IQ.
Speaker 1: But it's your IQ that creates the space. Draymond's biggest asset offensively is being able to know that guys are going to stack off them because they daring them to shoot, and Draymond's smart enough to say, idiots, I'm not going to shoot the ball. Y'all playing so far off me. So when I catch it in space, I'm going to find one of my deadly two guys, Clayer Steph, and I'm going to d h O to those guys and get a clean hit. And because you're so far off me, you're not going to be able to contest.
Speaker 5: That allows me to play in space and make defenders pay for things that they do in regardless of being a knockdown e last shooter, which you know, obviously Steve Carr helped me out a lot with that and just giving me different reads and things that I can take advantage of. But I think that's an important thing, and obviously you know, playing with Stephen Clay allows you.
Speaker 2: To do some things to take advantage of that as well.
Speaker 5: They get shot off so quick, so if somebody go overhelp, all you need is to split second to kind of get a piece of their man and get them a good look.
Speaker 2: And so that all plays plays into it.
Speaker 5: But nonetheless it was a very interesting thing to me how have learned because I got told you all before, I had been a score of my whole life.
Speaker 2: Like I was never a defensive guy.
Speaker 5: I've always been a really good passor, but I used to score the basketball, and so adjusting to that over the course of my career was an interesting thing, but one that I appreciate because I think it separated me from a lot of other people. Bron also talked about a guarden Steph and why the Warriors always will have a chance because with that movement, with the force that he creates, people are always going to overreact.
Speaker 2: And you can never really rely on your normal.
Speaker 5: Defense that you work on all year loan, that you play against, that you get so comfortable with that you play against most teams, there's always an adjustment when Steph is on the floor, when Clay is on the floor, So that opens up different things for a lot of people. So that's something that we definitely take advantage of. And then I saw bron broke down the block. Man man, y'all take that. I probably want to talk about that block, but no, needless needless to say, bron in the chase down block.
Speaker 2: Obviously that's a staple of his career.
Speaker 5: But what's I think what's even more important is that his teammates can trust that he's going to because he goes every time for and that consistency allows your teammates to not file. And so obviously that was one of the biggest players in history that I don't want to talk about. Y'all can save it and talk about that somewhere else. We're going to talk about some mailback questions, Jackson, you got a feed for him.
Speaker 2: Before we go.
Speaker 6: Yes, let's start with from at tj X five. In the spirit of talking about lebron James. Can Bronnie be a successful player in the NBA? He asked about him being a star, But let's start with being successful in the NBA.
Speaker 5: Bronnie one hundred percent will be a successful player in the NBA. Number one, he knows how to work and If you don't think he knows how to work, go look at Bronnie from his freshman year, sophomore, sophomore, junior, junior to see there you will see a kid that knows how to work because you can see the improvement in his game, you can see the improvement in his body, you can see the improvement in his athleticism. At worst, Brownie is an NBA level defender that can knock a shot down. So at worst he's a three and D guy. Great, we got those all over the NBA, can pressure the ball, can come in at worst, be a backup point guard that can pick up full a court, that can put pressure on another team's league guard, whether that's their backup, whether that's their start and guard. He can come in and change the tempo on the defensive end. So at worst he's a three and D guy.
Speaker 2: Three and D guys are highly valued in this league.
Speaker 5: Three guys are higher the value that can't play no defense, so three defense guys are definitely valued. And BROWNI got a really good shot, so didn't shoot the ball all that great this year, but his mechanics are great. He's always shot the ball great. Bunch of different factors into why he didn't shoot the ball.
Speaker 2: Well this year.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to overreact to that because I know he can shoot the ball and he can defense. So yes, I think Broanni will be a successful player in this NBA draft.
Speaker 2: Also think it's a smart I mean in the NBA.
Speaker 5: Also think it's a smart move for him to go in this NBA draft because this NBA draft is basuda.
Speaker 2: This NBA draft will go.
Speaker 5: Down probably as one of the worst in history from a top talent standpoint. Now, I think when you get in this draft, you will find some guys from the twenties and forties, Like I think that's actually where the strength of the draft is. When you start getting in like the top ten, top fifteen. It's not your typical top ten and top fifteen. There's not even a consensus number one pick. Last time there wasn't a consistence number one pick. We ended up with Anthony Bennett that didn't go so well. So don't think this is a great draft, which I'm Bronnie. I'm also taking that into account, like this is not a great draft. I can even move up in even higher because of the lack of talent. And then my name who I am what I bring, what I can grow into. So I think it's a great decision and I definitely think Briannie will be a successful NBA player.
Speaker 6: Next one from at K Sizzle, Who is your favorite young player in the league right now?
Speaker 5: My favorite young player in the league right now? I mean, don't we all love the thought of what Womy can possibly become? And the thing I love most about Wimby is he does it on both ends. Affects the game and an elite way on both sides of ball. Somebody said something last week like, how scary is it that this is the worst season in Wimby's career?
Speaker 2: Very scary for everybody.
Speaker 5: And like I said before, if Wimby never grows offensively, he's already an All star back NBA player. If he never grows offensively because of how elite he is defensively, he's already all star NBA player just off that alone. So I gotta be Winby. And then for me, what is young right?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Maybe under twenty five? Is Lucas still earned twenty five?
Speaker 5: I don't know. Man, gods are starting to get old, however, And man, love what he embodies, love his game, Love like you see them down and then he end up with fifty, you know, like he takes on those challenges crazy, and he has the skill level and the athleticism and the star power and the mindset he believes it.
Speaker 2: So it's a man for sure for me.
Speaker 6: Last one from at Watshi, what do you think about coach cal leaving Kentucky?
Speaker 5: So Coach Cayle leaving Kentucky is an interesting one for me. And the reason it's interesting because I know exactly why coach Cayle left Kentucky. And the reason I know why Coach Cayle left Kentucky is because I was once admitted to Kentucky when Tubby Smith was the head coach. And I'll never forget the day I was standing in Sagging on a high school gym and my high school coach, Lou Dawkins put me on the phone with Tubby Smith, who was his head coach in college and Tulsa many moons ago, and Tubby was at Kansas and he put me on the phone and Tubby told me, Draymond, I wanted to talk to you. I wanted you to hear this from me first. But I'm going to lead the University of Kentucky they're not going to fire me. But every year it's more and more scrutiny.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 5: It's getting harder and harder for me and my family. And I've just had enough. I need to get out of here. I need something fresh. I'm going to go to the University of Minnesota. Would love for you to go with me, but I understand if you want to reopen your recruitment. Yeah, coach, I'm gonna reopen my recruitment if I'm gonna go to Michigan State. And if I'm gonna go to Minnesota, I can stay in Michigan. And so never really truly considered Minnesota, like I never even took a visit there or anything of that nature. But that's where cal is at. Like the pressure, the expectations at Kentucky.
Speaker 2: If you don't win, it's just never enough.
Speaker 5: And you know, I've heard about him having a relationship with Tyson Food Group, the owner of that, who's an Arkansas guy. You got to cleanse down there. Who's Arkansas people? You got the Walton's down there, who's Arkansas people? And so Kyle going to be able to do what Kyle does at Arkansas because he's going to have money behind him, and so he's going to be able to recruit at an e lee level, and Arkansas will appreciate more of him recruiting at an ear le level and not winning than Kentucky does. Kentucky don't give a damn if you're not winning.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 5: I think it's a great move by Cale. Job well done at Kentucky. You can't take nothing away from him. There out amount of guys that he has put in the NBA to change their lives and their family's lives is unparalleled.
Speaker 2: So I think it's a smart move by Cal. I think it's a great move.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get that bad, but even more so than getting the bad, the access that he'll get off the court through relationships is huge. And kudos to Cal. Job well done at Kentucky. My man, they can't take nothing away from me. It's been very fun to watch year after year how great Cal is a recruiter. But you know, it'll be also interesting to see who's Kentucky's next head coach. That'll be an interesting one, so we shall see. But Michigan State, we still got the great time. Mizzo baby until next time. That's a rap on this episode of The Draymond Green Show.
Speaker 2: Peace Lin Levy, Climate, Simon Levy, Climate Living and p