Speaker 1: Colson Media.
Speaker 2: Oh, who's got ed?
Speaker 3: That's not how we start these episodes.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's how we're starting this one, Garrison, it's already begun.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Executive Disorder, our weekly newscast covering what's happening in the White House, the krumbling world, and what it means for you.
Speaker 2: Yay, that's right, motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: That's Robert Evans. I'm Garrison Davis. I'm also joined by Mia Wong and James Stout. This week, we are covering the week of June eighteen to June twenty five.
Speaker 2: That's right, a good week where nothing but good things happened, assuming you are someone who manufactures thirty pound gravity utilizing bunker busting bombs.
Speaker 4: Thirty pound, that's quite a small one. Thirty thousand, thirty thousand, that's a thirty thousand. Sorry, Anyway, we're talking about Iran. We're gonna start with Iran. We're gonna start with a nuclear program, and I think we should start.
Speaker 2: We need to start by giving the Cool Zone Media cool kid's guide for how to enrich uranium.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I don't want to get arrested robbers, now, Mia, it's not illegal to tell people how to enrich uranium.
Speaker 2: Google will do it, and I assume they're correct. Robert, it is legal for white people to do this.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's legal for me to do this.
Speaker 2: It's okay, it's okay, it's okay. Look, if I've learned one thing, it's that it's okay for white people to talk about any kind of bomb on the internet. So we'll be fine. I'll be fine. That's what matters, Robert. Do I have kidnapping insurance? Do we have an extraction team for me when I go to ice prints?
Speaker 4: We do.
Speaker 2: We have an extraction team, but it's not the cool kind anyway. So let's talk about how to make nukes. Because one thing you'll constantly hear whenever the US or is Reel talks about Aron's nuclear program is that they're just three to eight months away, right, there are weeks so way, this is what you'll hear sometimes just takingly if you three months is a number of weeks away whatever.
Speaker 3: And they've been saying this for longer than I've been alive.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. It's technically correct, not in a way that like is correct in the way they are trying to push it, but in a way that is like literally correct, which is that Iran paused their nuclear program in two thousand and three. The current Ayatola has not given the command to start it up again. There is no evidence that it is currently operative. Back in March, US military intelligence the DIA concluded that there was no indication Iran had decided or attempted to restart their nuclear program. That said, it has been true since two thousand and three that they are potentially about three months or so away from having a nuke because of the way that making nukes work. So in order to make the standard kind of nuclear weapon that we're talking about here, you need a bunch of enriched uranium, right, and there's two kinds of uranium. There's two thirty five in the two thirty eight, and naturally they always show up together, and there's always a lot more two thirty eight than two thirty five, and two thirty eight is fucking bullshit. If you're trying to make yourself a bomb, right, you want the two thirty five. And I'm not going to go into a ton of detail about like how you do this, but because of just the nature of how uranium two thirty five and two thirty eight work. They're chemically identical, so you can't use chemical reactions to separate them, right, So you can't use any of the easy ways that you would like separate one from the other in order to concentrate the kind of uranium that they want. The only way to actually do that is by using a centrifuge, which is, in short, uses the magic of spinning in order to separate out the uranium that you want from their uranium that's not very useful to you. And Iran has a substantial quantity of like sixty percent enriched uranium, which is basically one step away from ninety percent, which is like what you need to actually build the bomb that they need. And they've had a shitload of this uranium sitting around for a while, right, because it keeps well, and theoretically, if they were to start their program up again, it would be theoretically possible to enrich it in fairly short order to the concentration that you need. Right And at that point, once you have a sufficient quantity, and you'll hear slightly different numbers, but generally agreed that they have a sufficient quantity of uranium that is fairly enriched that if they were to finish the process, they can make somewhere between like eight to ten warheads with it, right, like something somewhere in that vicinity, and they could have a functional warhead within a matter of weeks after enriching, because enriching the uranium is the hard part. Once you've done that, it's very easy to make a nuclear weapon, right, sufficiently skilled people could do it with like fairly minimal technology if they like. Getting the rich uranium is the hard part. So it's technically true that Iran is that, you know, close to having a weapon. They have been since two thousand and three. But the more important part of the story is that they have not been working on a weapon, and there's no evidence even for the DA concluded in March that they were not actively working on a nuclear weapon. So what's actually been going on here is that while the Ayatola has not reauthorized the program in quite some time, pressure has been It's been generally agreed by people watching you know, Iranian politics, that pressure has been building on him in order to reauthorize the program. Right. There's a good CBS News article on this that notes that the US Intelligence Community assessment stated that there was an erosion of a decades long taboo on discussing nuclear weapons in public, brought on by all of the pressure against Iran by Israel. Right. In other words, the more Israel in the United States threaten and actually do bomb Iran, the more public support there is, and the more acceptable it comes to talk about restarting the program, right, because continuing to bomb and attack them makes the case strongly that well, we probably need one of these fucking things, right, because otherwise they're simply not going to stop. And that's been the lesson of the twenty first century, which is, if you are a country that has beef with the United States or any other nuclear power, the safest thing to do is get a nuke and then get more nukes as quickly as possible. Right. So that's the situation that we're in. Iran has not moved any closer to having a nuclear weapon over the last twenty some years, but because they've got this uranium, you could always technically say, well, they could be months away. Right. So this all leads us up to last week's strikes on Iran. These were using a wing of B two bombers. Actually, there was quite a few aircraft involved. Prior to the bombing attack, there was a lot of discussions, like the United States preparing for much more extensive action in Iran because we flew all of these different, like refueling planes all around the world, and we're like setting up very clearly this like massive set of infrastructure to refule and keep a bunch of planes in the air. Now, the reality is that all of these refueling planes and whatnot were part of this bombing mission. And the bombing mission did not just include the seven bombers that actually struck Iran, but another wing of B two bombers that flew in the opposite direction as part of a feint, as well as fighter jets and reconplanes that were necessary to help set up and protect the whole apparatus that we were setting up to get these seven B twos to the target area. Right now, the actual mission was about thirty seven hours, which is not the longest mission B two crews have flown. That was forty four hours, and it was over Afghanistan in two thousand and one. And keep a pin in that because we will be talking about how successful that mission was, because there's some similarities between it and what was done in Iran. Now, the B twos that we flew over Iran were armed with these big thirty thousand pound bunker busting bombs, and we'll talk about these as well in a while, but I want to I found out there's a very interesting article on a CNN Politics by Michael Williams that interviews one of the guys who was part of the longest B two mission, that mission over Afghanistan, who talked about like what you have to do in order to carry out a mission like this. And I want to bring it up because, you know, in the middle of this very shameful episode for the United States, it reminds me of what makes me proud of this country. And what makes me proud of this country is our tendency to dose bomber pilots with massive quantities of amphetamines so that they can be absolutely spun off their asses when bombing a foreign country. And that's exactly how you get bomber teams over to a country like Iran for thirty seven hours of flight time is everybody is prescribed amphetamines and they are high as shit. They are pissing in ziploc bags full of kitty litter, they've got a chemical toilet in the back. They're just spun off of their asses, pissing into cat litter. And that's that's how strikes like this are managed, which I think is beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, except for the whole you know, Trump starting a little war aspect of end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, sure, the massive civilian casualties are always a tragedy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the death of Minicent.
Speaker 2: But you know it also, it was from fighter pilots that we get swinger culture, and it's from fighter pilots and swinger culture that we get popularized amphetamines in the United States. And without that, you know, I don't know, we actually probably wouldn't miss out on much that was very good, But the.
Speaker 4: Seventies would have been different.
Speaker 2: The value was lost.
Speaker 4: Might be better, Yeah, it might have been better.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I feel like Jefferson Airplane wouldn't have been as good.
Speaker 4: But maybe they'd be cool something else. Yeah, maybe they'd been called something else.
Speaker 2: So the primary munition that these B twos were supposed to be dropping over Iran and the whole reason why the United States was needed because Israel had carried out a bunch of strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities. But Basically, Iran, being intelligent, knew that, like, well, they're going to bomb these facilities like as long as they exist, and it's very difficult to get like these centrifugias made right like that. That's the hardest part of getting a nuclear weapon is getting the equipment that will allow you to enrich uranium. And so it's very precious and you you don't just have you can't just remake it super easily. So Aron buried this shit, right. They had a number of different sites which were hit by both the US and Israel, the most deeply buried of which was a place called at a place called Fourdoh, and the actual facilities were buried underneath like the ridge of a mountain, beneath ninety meters or about three hundred feet of rock. Right. And we have this tendency in the West in part because of generations of military industry propaganda and in part because the Air Force really wants you to believe this that bombs are a lot more powerful than they are now. Bombs are great at blowing up buildings that are just hanging around on the surface of the earth, and they're great at killing people. They're great at killing civilians, people who are not armored or defended against them. They're awesome at that. You know, what bombs suck at is going more than a couple of feet below the earth. They're terrible at it. Even really big bombs, even the scariest bombs we've ever made, absolute dog shit at getting through, especially like stone and rock. And so Israel was like, we don't have the capacity, we don't have the technology to actually like crack a facility like fourdoh. The only thing that can is these bombs that can only be carried by the B two, which are these thirty thousand pounds bunker busters. Right. And the question that comes up then is like, okay, well, this four to doah is ninety meters. It was beneath ninety meters of rock. How deep can these GBU fifty sevens, these massive ordnance penetrator bombs which had not been used in combat before. How deep can these fuckers go? Right? That seems like a simple question. You will usually see most of the graphics on the news will show that it penetrates sixty meters right or two hundred feet, and then it detonates right, which you know could do damage to a facility that's buried deeper. Right, If you're detonating it like sixty meters down and it goes down ninety meters, that explosion could do enough extra damage that could damage a facility that's just like another thirty meters below.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Theoretically, however, that doesn't tell the full story. And I'm very indebted in this part to it in PA article by Joff Brumfell, who did actually like the math. Right, So we figured out a long time ago when we started bombing things, there's like a mathematical equation to how far a bomb that's a given weight and dropped from a given height and has a given explosive payload can penetrate through different kind of substrates, right, that you can just kind of plug that equation in. And yeah, I want to quote from Jeff's article right now because it does a very good job of like looking at kind of why this was sort of a dogshit plan from the start. I went back to take a look at the math from those early studies, and I found it was actually straightforward. The so called penetration equations have existed since the nineteen sixties and depend on a limited number of factors. Including the shape of the nose cone, the weight and diameter of the weapon, the speed at which it hits the ground, and crucially, the type of earth it gets dropped on. It depends enormously on the kind of rocks, as Raymond gene Laws, the professor at the University of California, Berkeley and one of the original authors of the two thousand and five National Academic Study and Earth Penetrators, When I ran the calculations using a key equation from that study, I found that the GBU fifty seven could go up to eighty meters underground if it was dropped in salty clay. In medium strength rock, things looked far different. The GBU fifty seven could only go around seven point nine meters beneath the earth. So that's not nearly the sixty meters that you're seeing claimed on most and it's nowhere close to ninety, right, And there's a good amount of data we already have. Trump obviously claimed as soon as we did this bombing run, because we dropped a fairly heavy cluster of these bombs, twelve on four to zero, and Trump's claim was that, like, yeah, it was completely destroyed. His press secretary said when you dropped twelve thirty thousand pound bombs with perfect precision on a target, there's only one result, complete destruction. And that's not true even if you just like look at the past of us using these weapons. I mentioned earlier that two thousand and one mission to Afghanistan that was US trying to blow up that's purported like cave fortress that been laden had.
Speaker 4: You may have seen the diagram in Tora Bora, and we didn't.
Speaker 2: It didn't work because it's really hard for all of our technological might, it's very hard to blow up something buried under rock. Like it doesn't matter how many of these giant bombs you have, we're shit at it. Right now, there's still some debate. The DIA assessment says that basically we did damage, but it was at most maybe enough to knock them back by eight months, and probably less than that. Right, it's kind of debatable, and we don't have perfect data on this, right, I don't know that Iran has perfect data on this, because one thing we can confirm is that the bombing sealed the entrances, so it's possible they can't get into fod Oh quite yet. Right, Like, there's going to be some work needed to do to be able to get these facilities if they were to do that, which again they were not based on US military intelligence, we're not doing prior to the bombing, But based on satellite imagery, it does not look like there's not really good evidence that we did any kind of significant damage. There's some reports that some centrifugias were damaged, but those reports state that other centrifugions were intact. It's one of those things where like there's not any strong evidence, and in fact, the DIA's report suggests that, like the damage done was fairly minimal, given the extreme cost of this operation and the brags that the administration has been making that like they totally destroyed these facilities, right, right, We simply did not totally destroy these facilities. Now, it's a little too early to say so precisely, like how bad is this? Right, But you know, again that's kind of the early data, is that, like the DIA assessment says, we set them back maybe a few months at most. One of the fun things about this is that Iran moved their uranium prior to the bombing, right, Like, you can't really move these giant centrifuges or these big underground facilities. But you can take the uranium and you can just drive at places and we don't know exactly where they hit it. The head of the IAEA, which is the International Atomic Energy Commission, has already come out and said, like, I have no idea where Iran's uranium is. And it's the job the IEA's job is to account for every fucking gram of uranium held by every country in the world. Right they are supposed to know at all times where it is. And he's like, I have no fucking idea, Like, we don't know where it is, and we don't know how much dammage is double, we don't know where this is. There is at least one report stating that Iron's plan was basically load this up into the trunks of a bunch of cars and park them in public parking lots, because they probably they're not going to bomb a public parking lot.
Speaker 1: Outside of like a store, which is really funny, actually fair, the US might do that.
Speaker 4: A Israel will send me bomb a fucking parking they hit a press which park there's so many yeah, yeah, and they'll pray a shell game, right like they will send hundreds of trucks and vans from every location. Yeah, right, they'll send.
Speaker 2: It's just the funniest thing in terms of it also points out how doomed efforts like this are where you're just like, well, with our technology and our fancy stealth bombers, we clearly we should be able to figure this out. And it's like, nah, we're just gonna park We need one hundred cars. We'll bring in six hundred cars and we'll park them randomly all around the country. Fuck you, what are you gonna do? Bomb every parking lot? Like, it's very funny quote.
Speaker 3: From parking lot bombed? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Anyway, that's uh. What's going on with us bombing Iran? And so again? Very expensive? Yeah, probably did not do much.
Speaker 4: Trump the dove strikes again the peace Maker? They going them the peace Maker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll talk about the peace bullshit after this. We should throw to ads first.
Speaker 4: Thank you note from Grumman for sponsoring the segment.
Speaker 2: We're back. So like the four to oh nuclear enrichment facility, Trump is between a rock and a hard place with with this whole carrying out illegal stripes on a sovereign nation thing of a jig in that he came. He came to power a large part by promising, I'm not going to do a World War three. I'm not gonna all these democrats are crazy warmongers, but not old Donnie t. You know you can you can trust me to be a peacemaker. And then he fucking bombs Iran, which is kind of a major escalation, right, so, and we're not gonna There's been people arguing with this have happened under Kamala Yaddia. I don't don't. I don't give a shit. I don't read a shit. It's happening now, fucking fuck off, Like it's not it's not worth talking about that. We're talking about what's happening, which is that this is a major escalation. But Trump has had to He's kind of been hedging between like, yeah, look at how fucking cool our weapons are. We fuck them up so bad and also and now it's time for peace. We have to stop the violence. Why don't you guys come to the table, let's all be friends.
Speaker 3: And getting pretty pissed at the Israeli governments.
Speaker 2: Yes, because he announced a ceasefire and Iran was like after striking back and hitting US bases in a number of countries, was like, okay, we're done. Like we did the thing we had, we did the face saving thing. We have to launch missiles after youbamas. We can't not do that. But we did it. We got our strike off, and we're not going to continue if you guys don't continue, right, And Trump was like, I did it. I made peace. Look at look at how good I am. And then Israel immediately starts carrying out more strikes, and Trump is, are we gonna play the audio of in cursing on TV? Because it's very good. Here's here's Trump being confronted about this, Like, within hours of this Israeli strikes.
Speaker 1: You know what we have? We basically have two countries that have been fighting so long and so hard that they don't know what the fuck they're doing.
Speaker 3: Do you understand that? What?
Speaker 2: So that's a pissed off man, and he's pissed off again. I do think people are generally wrong when they're like, oh, Trump's much better on Israel because he can confront net Yahoo. That hasn't really proved to be the case yet. But unlike Biden, Trump clearly doesn't care about like he's willing to be pissed at net Yahoo, and he was really pissed.
Speaker 3: In this openly, like absolutely openly.
Speaker 2: Very yet because again he's hanging a lot on like nobody would dare go back to war when I said they were at peace? Right, Like that's that this is like an ego thing for him more than anything. He certainly doesn't give a shit about the human cost of any of this. But yeah, and so that's where we are right now. Are we done? Will there continue to be more strikes and retaliation strikes. Something's going to happen. It's not done right, None of it's done no. But you know, also, Iran's not stupid, right. This is a country that has been in these circumstances and in variations of this conflict for a long time. And they are neither foolish nor suicidal. So they're not going to be completely reckless here, right, Like I think you're seeing in what you've seen is pretty calculated responses where they are aware of how much they think they can push when and where right, And so you know, I think we're likely to like I don't know that. I think the escalation ladder is in like a runaway state. I don't see that evidence right now. But this is not the end of this, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something we got news of today in the last this is Wednesday. We got this in the last hour or so. Is that Trump like said on TV the thing that you're not actually supposed to say, which is that the US and Iran coordinated to have the Iran shoot these bases.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's.
Speaker 1: Like okay, like they like we literally went on TV and said, quote, you saw that working vessels were shot at us the other day, and Iran was very nice. They said, we're gonna shoot them at one at one Okay, I said, it's fine, everybody evacuated, not the basis. Like obviously the US has always done this, but like we've never had the president go on TV and just say, yeah, we let Iran shoot empty military basis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we worked it out with them.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 2: This highlights something that's so interesting when I when I say this, I don't mean to ignore the fact that real people are dying, like particularly in Iran. It's horrifying, But there is a massive degree of this at the at the that the nation state level that is cafe, right, and that that proves it, like Iran is like okay, look.
Speaker 3: K fa with the cost of like yeah, thousands of lives.
Speaker 2: People will die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's dick measuring.
Speaker 2: The fact that Iron is only to talk with you us about like okay, what can we strike that's not going to escalate things for you, like yeah, we'll pull you know whatever. And also that's to a degree that was going on with the strikes on Iran, right where they got enough of a warning that they were able to move their physical material right, like this is there, Which is not to say that like things are like copasetic and friendly, but everybody's got everybody, but Israel has like a vested interest in things not escalating too much. Even the Trump administration, right has a vested interest in like there's a line we don't want to cross because we just don't see any like benefit in it, right, And that is that is a part of what's going on here. Yeah, anyway, that's probably enough talk about Iran and news and stuff. But anyway, remember folks, you too could be a nuclear power if you can just figure out how to make a functional centrifuge and get a shitload of uranium, you know, it's not that hard. It just comes out of the ground.
Speaker 4: Youah, depending on where that ground is.
Speaker 2: Depending on where that ground is.
Speaker 4: Should we talk about immigration? Sure, all right?
Speaker 2: I love immigration.
Speaker 4: Sadly Robert Congress does not agree with you.
Speaker 2: They rarely do.
Speaker 4: They rarely do. Yeah, that is one of the things they say about Robert Evans. I want to start, actually with a little disclaimer rant. Almost every day for the past six months, someone has sent me a tip saying that ICE are raiding a hospital. This has happened almost every month for the past ten years. I have received this tip thousands of times. To my knowledge, it has never been true. Nonetheless, this rumor persists, and especially among people who might be newer to migrant advocacy or newer to observing immigration enforcement. What is happening in one hundred percent of these cases that I have looked into, is Customs of Border Protection or ICE or some other immigration detention agency is taking somebody who is in their custody to the hospital, and then that person is getting treatment and then they are released again to that immigration agency. Normally, those immigration agents can't enter non public areas of the hospital, i e. Treatment rooms, but it can enter public areas, I e. Lobbies. This rumor, which continues to spread, which I've seen people including journalists sharing on social media, kills people, right. I'm aware of one incident in which someone was having a medical emergency and didn't want to go to hospital, a medical emergency which could very well have killed them within hours, and didn't want to go to hospital because they had heard the ice was at the hospitals. I understand that people are coming to this with varying levels of experience. It's cool, it's great that people are showing up for migrants, but people need to exercise caution around this because it is not harmless to spread that rumor unless you are absolutely certain that it is true. It hurts people, and I keep seeing it, and I think it's important to say something about it, including two other journalists. Okay, with that said, let's start with some good news about immigration. Ice agents in San Diego scattered from the San Diego Court when the newly appointed San Diego Bishop Michael Farm, who is himself a refugee. He was an accompanied miner from Vietnam, entered the court to accompany people to their immigration hearings. Bishop Farm was joined by Immam Taha Hassane. I'm saying that correctly. Of the Islamic Center of San Diego and our Lady of Guadaloupe Church, Pastor Scott Santa Rossa, they say they're going to keep doing this quote as needed. So this is actually one of the very few things, at least in court houses that seems to have worked. Right. We've covered this in previous weeks that what is happening is that the government is dismissing the case against people and then in me detaining them and forcing them to fight for their asylum well detained. Right, this has been happening all across the country. San Diego is the only place I'm aware of where religious leaders right from across the religious community are accompanying migrants to their detention hearings. So we saw Brad Lander doing this in New York politician, but this is the only instance I'm aware of where clerics are doing it, and it seems to have worked. It seems to have in this incidence or in these instances, prevented ice from detaining people. And like, I'm not a religious person myself, but I will say that I respect this. I think this is this is cool. I've reported before. I spoke a lot about Jesuits in the Darien Gap and the how impressed and in awe of their work with migrants. I am, and I think this is another example of like people organizing with groups that they might not normally organize with, but that having really beneficial results.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Huge win for the woke Marxist pope as well, So it's good to see.
Speaker 3: Yep, hell yeah, huge one for Marxism this week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, generally a big week for Marxism in other years. A district court has ordered another man, Geordian and Alexander Melga Saint Maron, returned from El Salvador. He's Salvadorean, but he was removed thirteen minutes after a court order barred his removal, and thus he was removed in violation of that court order. Right, and the district court has ordered him returned. I'm not aware if he's being returned yet. On Wednesday, we shall see, I guess. Because the Supreme Court has allowed the Trump administration this week to continue removing migrants to countries which are not specifically noted on their removal orders.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: We spoke about this before in the case of the attempt of the DODA to remove people to South Sudan. We've spoken about it in terms of removing people to El Salvador who are not themselves Salvadorean. Right, this isn't really deportation. I think rendition is a more accurate way to describe it, and it will certainly result in people facing hardship and more likely than not, people facing torture and probably being killed. It is a disaster. It was a very short and unsigned order, and the justices it wasn't a final decision that they paused the Massachusetts District Court ruling, which had in turn paused the process. So the process is now ongoing again. It's worth noting that the Massachusetts District Court ruling didn't stop them doing it. It allowed them a meaningful attempt at expressing their reasonable fear of torture.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Three justices dissented, so to Mayor, Keegan and Jackson. So to Mayor wrote the descent I'm just going to quote from it here briefly, apparently quote the court finds the idea that thousands will suffer violence in far flung locals more palatable than the remote possibility that a district court exceeded its remedial powers when it ordered the government to provide no and process to which the plaintiffs are constitutionally and statutorily entitled. As she pointed out, the government was seeking relief from this order in Supreme Court, but had also been openly flouting here. Right. This flouting of lower court orders lines up with Ares Ruveni, a DOJ lawyer who was fired for I guess not following the DJ line in the Aberagogavcia case. He filed a whistleblower complaint in Congress this week that the NAT has seen. You can read the whole article in the show notes, but in there you can hear Emil Bouvet, who's he was Trump's personal laurre in twenty twenty three. Trump is now nominated him to be a judge. That he tells DOJ lawyers that they need to be open to responding fuck you to court orders. The allegations in a whistleblower complaint are pretty concerning, right, in terms of the ability of the courts to stop the DOJ doing anything. I would urge you to read it. It's going to be linked in the show notes. We don't really have time to summarize all of it. Here, but I think I think the fuck you comment summarizes it pretty well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And speaking of things that you should buy, here's ads. We're back. And since we've just done ads, let's let James give an ad for something that's not a product or service but is better. Yeah, better of those things.
Speaker 4: If you have any money left after investing in all the wonderful goal their appetites. Who want to tell you? One of the people who we have interviewed on this show extensively, who came into the acted strates through Kumba and who provided us with a really in depth account of his immigration detention, has let me know that he is struggling to find a lawyer and pay for a lawyer. So far, he's been taking care of all of his legal paperwork himself, which is very admirable, but obviously, like many migrants, he understands his chance of the success will be much much better with a lawyer, something he himself is struggling to pay for right now, whilst also supporting a family. If you would like to help, the link for that is www dot GoFundMe dot com slash f slash Standing with our Family. It will also be the first link in the sources for this episode, So if you're listening on your podcast app, you can scroll down to the show notes find it there, click it and help out if you'd like to.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's time for Gehar's good news roundup, and let's start with some actually like fantastic news. My mood Khalil has been released after one hundred and four days in ice custody. He missed the birth of his first child. Was it his first time meeting his child or did he get to meet his child?
Speaker 2: I think he'd gotten one visit where he got to meet his kid, if I'm if I'm remembering directly. It's still kind of about two thirds of the way through his detainment.
Speaker 3: But now he is back in New York right as his case will continue. This is a good step in the fight against disappearing people for political differences, Like this is important fight. This is possibly like the one of the most important like national pieces of news. That's still a developing story right now.
Speaker 2: I've seen some responses that are like, yeah, so after one hundred and four days of being illegally detained, you know, a guy finally got released. This is still a bad thing, and like that's true. This is a bleak story. But like it's actually kind of like foolish to not acknowledge this as a significant win, right, Like it's important.
Speaker 3: They did not want to release him. They wanted to keep him forever.
Speaker 2: They did not want to release him. Yes, this is good. This is a good thing, and it's proof that it is worth fighting because you can win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like every day he's not in jail and that he's with his family is a better day.
Speaker 2: Yes, is a win. Yeah, it's a victory. Yes.
Speaker 3: Also some good news in New York. It is so quover. Zoran Mamdani won the Democratic primary for the mayor of New York City Tuesday night. This is quite exciting. I got to announce to a massive room full of trans people that Quomo conceded to Zoron, and I have not felt better in months. It was like the one of the brightest rays of hope that we've had and a rejection of like the old Democratic Party establishment. Yes, Zoron had to beat like thirty million dollars of super Pac funding against him. He mobilized the youth vote in ways we've never seen before in New York. A quarter of early voters for first time that Democratic primary participants. Zoran ran a very very solid campaign with slick videos online and on TV multil which outreach fifty thousand like on street volunteers, canvassing, door knocks, phone baking, and a distinct focus on affordability, including freezing rent, free buses, pilot program for city run grocery stores, free to low cost childcare, raising minimum wage, and resisting Trump's efforts to use ice to deport New Yorkers. Myself and Mia did a full episode yesterday if you want to have a more in depth look at the New York mayor role primary.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We should also note here that per a CBS New York interview with former Governor Cuomo, he has stated that he is considering running against Mom Donnie as an independent. So we'll see how that goes. We might get to see Cuomo lose twice in a year, which would be pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, honestly, I would be surprised if he actually decides to run in the general. A lot of like like Ackman is going behind Adams. It seems they're certainly going to be targeting from like Republicans and maybe even some den establishments.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, sure, definitely.
Speaker 4: So to like.
Speaker 3: Remove zoran as like a viable candyate, they're going to pull out some crazy like red scare communist shit from the fifties. Absolutely, they might try to remove his legal status as a citizen, like they're gonna pull out the stops. But this is like after the twenty twenty four elench this is like the first first like clear look at what a new Democratic party could look like. And right now is the face of Zorrong. Yeah that's all I have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, it's nice to see a win again. It's like the Mahud Khalil thing. Right, It's it's nice, absolutely, like this is this is good things can happen. Now does this mean is this a part of a fucking progressive wave that's sweeping the country? Does this prove that, you know, being pro Palestine and pro trans is the best electoral strategy in one hundred percent of districts? Now, like this is this is New York. We like, this is one election, but it's like good news and it it I think there's a very solid possibility that we will see this as like part of a growing trend that when candidates are actually left wing and unabashedly so when they don't try to tack to the middle, when they don't try to embrace, you know, a hodgepodge of like contradictory policies in order to please some sort of like farcical median theoretical median voter, that they do better. I do think that, like maybe that's what we'll see. But you know, obviously one election in New York City is not a one one primary in New York City isn't enough to prove that like this is going to be the same kind of thing we see nationwide.
Speaker 3: I mean, but it did show how to mobilize like a huge number of like young people and like a lot of a lot of like young men, which which the Democratic Party has been like whining about for the past few months terrible about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's a big deal.
Speaker 3: Like how how how do we reach out to the young men in this country? And like Zoron showed you how to do this. It's actually fighting for like real things that make your life.
Speaker 2: You can get people excited about your candidacy. If you're standing for something and getting people excited, it's even more important than just being like, well, this theoretically polls the best, because if you do take all the positions that poll well, but nobody gives a shit and you don't have any kind of excitement or the ability to build like a grassroots ground game, then you'll do worse. Like if you have that behind you, if you have all that enthusiasm, you can make less popular positions more popular. That's how politics works, right, Look at Trump, you know, like the whole everyone's always wondering, like how does he get away with all these things that were forbidden for so long? Is because he had a lot of enthusiasm behind them, and that wave allowed him to push a bunch of boundaries.
Speaker 4: And like, that's how it works.
Speaker 2: It can work the other way too, if you try, if you're not just gutless, if you're not a fucking shumer.
Speaker 1: So in less good news and the less good news, I mean really really horrible news.
Speaker 2: Terrible news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So last week we got the results of the United States versus Crimmetti. I think most trans people have been expecting that this was going to be really bad, but it was. It was, I guess technically not as bad as it theoretically could have been, but this ruling was there was a six' three ruling that Upholds tennessee's yeah ban on gender affirming care for. Minors that ban, IS i, mean just like hideously. Illegal it's like very obviously sass. Discrimination The Supreme court gave Genuinely LIKE i had a friend described it as like we're just in Pure calvin ball, Land like it's if you read the, decision it's fucking. Nonsense it's. Gibberish that also makes it hard to figure out what it's gonna do because the legal reasoning is just so unbelievably.
Speaker 3: Nonsense like it leaves it it leaves in place the twenty twenty ruling on sex discrimination in the workplace for trans people, intact but it invents this new justification that you can discriminate against trans people if you're discriminating against gender dysphoria as a, diagnosis specifically not necessarily them being, trans but the ability to treat gender.
Speaker 1: Dysphoria, yeah it's really really fucking. Weird i'm probably gonna do like a full episode looking at like like bringing into actual legal people to talk about what the legal impacts are going to. Be this is really. Bad this means that like twenty five states bans on gender firm and care go into. Effect one of the worst parts of this right is that you, know and this is one of the biggest issues with like targeting and trans kids in, general is that just the structure of the family and if childhood makes it really hard to help these kids because they're significantly more isolated than trans. Adults, right it's harder for trans kids to find. Community it's harder for the community to find.
Speaker 2: Them.
Speaker 1: Yep and because of the structures in place, here, like they are denied the autonomy to keep. Living and if their parents decide to just be, like fuck, you we're just Doing we're going to do conversion therapy on you by refusing to let you, transition they can do, that and it's extremely hard to resist.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 2: Yeah the root of so much, AUTHORITARIANISM i would all, argue like the absolute core of the fascist movement is the idea that parents own their. Children, yeah and that like that is the most that is the single most important property right that, exists is your ownership of.
Speaker 4: Kids i'm going to, say it's bed time if we really get to the core of, it isn't, It, Rob, yeah it's.
Speaker 3: No rubert's going full like no future queer, Theory LIKE I i agree with.
Speaker 4: You, no he's, Right, no.
Speaker 2: This is THE i don't think this is even debatable as someone who has raised in. It it's, this and it's it's not a simple, problem right because like kids are not adults and shouldn't like have full autonomy about, choices like you, know because they'll they don't understand the world. Fully there's a degree to which kids need to be like.
Speaker 3: Guided, yeah you should stop a child if they're going to walk into the street and get hit by a, bus right, yeah like grab a, fire or.
Speaker 2: If they only want to eat candy for, dinner right like, That there are, limits but the idea of, it like and so parents own their. Kids they're like that that is just it's pure poison and it's killing us all and like more, broadly like guys who hate that kids are the fucking forefront of fascism right, Now like, Yeah Elon musk Bought twitter because he hates his, daughter, yes more more than if any any other.
Speaker 4: Thing like it's, uh, yeah it's a repugnant. Ideology it's.
Speaker 2: Disgusting, yeah, yeah, anyway we'll do some sort of more detailed look at this that like that at some, point BUT i think we've you, know covered the.
Speaker 1: News, YEAH i, MEAN i think the last the last THING i want to say about that is, like if your trans AND i know this was a bigger thing in the immediate wake of last, week but keep.
Speaker 4: Living yeah, yeah, yeah stay.
Speaker 2: Alive maybe get a passport because you can do that right. Now there's a lot of benefit even if you're not going to, travel if you don't have the money to, travel there's a lot of benefit in having THAT. Id.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah we're all going to see the sun rice together like we, are and it's going to be.
Speaker 3: Beautiful but do you know who won't is a man From norway who will probably never be seeing The United states ever.
Speaker 2: Again, god oh my. God, Okay, Garrison.
Speaker 3: So to finish this, episode we're going to talk about the one deportation we're kind of allowed to laugh. At not because the guy is. Bad the guy seems perfectly, fine but the circumstances around the deportation are so. Bizarre it's wild, shit and it Affects. Norway so it's you, know it's like, Whatever garrison Anti norwegian action over no offense To. Norway i'm just, like it's it's not, like this guy's getting deported to a place where he's in.
Speaker 4: DANGER i love You, norwegians even If garrison. Doesn't this is not a guy who's going to. Suffer he's not going To South, suda, beer.
Speaker 2: Life threatening or. Whatever he's. Fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah norwegian man was coming to The United states for vacation and at the border check point AND i Think, newark he was questioned and handed over his. Phone on the, phone porter agents found a photoshopped picture of BABY jd v sorry of bald BABY Jd. Vance. Yeah, Yeah and for this reason was BABY jd denied entry into into The United states and deported back.
Speaker 1: To Your.
Speaker 4: Thomas country On.
Speaker 2: Earth, anyway said photo has now been shown in The Irish parliament because we live in a it's, beautiful the world's.
Speaker 3: Beautiful they're Deporting norwegians FOR Jd vance. Memes, now this is the level that we are, at like The party Of Free speech deporting people who has OF Jd vance memes on their.
Speaker 1: Phone, like on the one, HAND i think you can make the argument that fascism has always been this, Stupid like Google Google mussolini's headquarters and look at that.
Speaker 4: Building it is this dumb but like good, lord LIKE i just oh my, god personal.
Speaker 1: Vanity there's such fucking tiny babies about. It like that's, like that's like the really defining characteristic of this era of fascism is that if you make fun of them the tiniest, bit it is the worst Consequences i've ever suffered in their entire. Lives and they fucking lose their mind that everyone doesn't fucking love.
Speaker 3: Them, yeah they they're they're fully like willing and like desire to use the complete mte of the states to uh to step on anyone who dares defy their, authority even even when that defiance is manifested through having a picture of BABY. Jd evans with a bald head like, that that is too. FAR i DON'T i don't know what else to say about baldy ju.
Speaker 2: You, know get get a, tattoo get a full facial, tattoo or like a bin afflet guy.
Speaker 3: Denaturalized for YOUR jd events back.
Speaker 2: Tattoo you can't punish you not for a. Tattoo Uh, no it, is it.
Speaker 3: Is it is funny how much vance in The Border patrol do not understand the barber strikes in. Effect this picture is now everywhere it shows how how hurt Jd vance is by these, photoshops even though he's tried to laugh along in the.
Speaker 4: Past, Yeah i'd love to, Know, like how is there a directive that has come down like, No vonce streams did some like off it's a field operations.
Speaker 3: Guy did they send it up To Stephen miller with, like, Hey, steven is this? Okay it seems like, no, no, no it's not somewhere at.
Speaker 4: The take offense on behalf Of Von's like that could be very.
Speaker 2: LIKELY i think that is what, Happened like that all of the data suggests that's what.
Speaker 4: Happened roberts talked about this like working towards the furor stuff, before but like it we're seeing a version of that, here, Right like.
Speaker 3: Oh, YEAH i mean like all of the current border agents are Like trump cultists, Essentially like they're they're the most evil people you will you will ever.
Speaker 4: MEET i, mean of the of all the federal, agencies, right IT'S cbp that has had the lowest vaccination. Rate they're playing One american use in their break, rooms like they are more ideologically sympathico with what's. Happening THEN i would imagine most other feeds are certainly Like ice are pretty much in lockstep with The trump. Administration, yeah if you want to help, US i guess don't send A Jd vince baby, meme but you can send your money again to GoFundMe dot com slash f slash standing with our. Family they'll be in the show notes, Too and if you would like to contact, us you can do so using proton, mail which is only encrypted end to end if you are sending from an encrypted email address like a proton mail, address and the way you can do that is by typing the email address Cool zone tips at proton dot me into the two field and sending an email to. Us that, way we do read them. All we don't respond to. Them, all all of them get.
Speaker 3: Read we reported the, News, oh we reported the.
Speaker 5: News it Could Happen here is a production of Cool Zone. Media for more podcasts from Cool Zone, media visit our website coolzonmedia dot, com or check us out on The iHeartRadio, App Apple, podcasts or wherever you listen to. Podcasts you can now find sources for It Could happen, here listed directly in episode. Descriptions thanks for.
Speaker 2: Listening