Speaker 1: Hey, welcome aboard. Hold up a chair, Andy. We were gonna have a discussion about something off the air, but apparently we're jumping right into serial Killer. I get going, okay, whatever you say. Hold on one sec. Let me get my Japancy all right, somebody.
Speaker 2: By these two boys.
Speaker 1: We'll save.
Speaker 2: Two reviewing.
Speaker 1: And we're just started. Sure, come on, it's the I'll move over to this microphone and give you my chair. Sure, killer show, Killer show, where's that? Where's hold on? Let me start with no, no, no.
Speaker 2: My question is there's no chocolate in this episode?
Speaker 1: Right? Oh? This is going to air after Lent ends, so it's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm not like I can't.
Speaker 1: Do that Japanese. I don't know what it says. It's probably not real chocolate. OK.
Speaker 2: I can just pretend, and I can just pretend.
Speaker 1: You can bow out before that one. That's fine, very cool.
Speaker 3: Welcome to serial Killers. This episode and it's Monday. I hope you had a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hello, everyone, would you do this weekend?
Speaker 1: I couldn't even tell you because it's only a Thursday. And I cut some wood.
Speaker 3: It was a very very full weekend cutting wood.
Speaker 1: Take that long?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because my dad has giant truck floads of wood delivered to his driveway.
Speaker 1: And I get lots of wood. My dad has wood.
Speaker 3: It's funny. One time, one time, probably years ago, he texted me, He's.
Speaker 1: Like, could you come over and help me get wood?
Speaker 2: And I was like, ask mom, she's in the other room.
Speaker 1: That anymore? Oh yeah, anyway, So stuff happening right now. Andrew is here. That's me. I'm Andrew.
Speaker 3: He's Andrew, and I'm daniel Danielle came in for for a minute.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that I came in.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. No, I love when you're here. Hold on, I gonna get work cups.
Speaker 2: I know sometimes you go, Danielle, if you're gonna come, I feel bad. I always prepare.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, since this episode ninety two, I should have thought of things from nineteen ninety two, Like I don't know what what was ninety Bill Clinton, I don't know what was ninety two?
Speaker 1: Is this what the show is? Now? We're going to give like a quick trivia fact about the year, about.
Speaker 3: The year, because as we're heading into the nineties. Yeah, there's lots of nineties things, like I should have a song from ninety two ready to go.
Speaker 1: If you only cared about this podcast.
Speaker 2: If you can't, Oh, the table's are turned right there.
Speaker 1: She wanted to say it that way. Okay, I think I'm good. You're hungry. You've done that bit before. I'm gonna try it again. See if it gets a few more lasts from the audience. Okay, how can you even tell?
Speaker 2: If they laugh?
Speaker 1: Then no one's in this room with us.
Speaker 2: We do the podcast without an audience now because of coronavirus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's true, no audience. So if we're talking to nobody, Hey, so should we start with newer? Classic? Classic? Do you want to go classic? Daniel? How about your classic? Sounds good for you? Sure, I'm follow ya, all right, go down classic?
Speaker 2: Oh do you have wait a minute, you have watermelon underwear on today?
Speaker 1: Okay, you can't call them underwear because under rus No, because you under a kid. They didn't you never an under from the eighties. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like when we were I don't know, when we were kids, we didn't have you know how you have onesies now? Yeah, Like we didn't have onesies as kids.
Speaker 3: We had feed pajamas. I had a trap door in the back. They were doctor Denton's remember those, Yes, yes.
Speaker 2: But they didn't have the ones like I have. You know, I have Batgirl and Superhero pajamas. Now I have Little Mermaid Onesie something years old, I.
Speaker 3: Had an Oscar the Grouch feedy pajamas. It was a trap door in the back. Doctor Denton's made them so you can unsnap your butt and you can pooh.
Speaker 2: But we had superhero underwear. I'm just gonna pretending to say that we had superhero underwear under rus. So I had Wonder Woman under Rush. It was really cool. They were really really.
Speaker 1: Definitely had those. I had Men in black ones. Know you did? I did? I did. I know for a fact I did because I threw up when I was sick once when I was a kid. I can remember every time I've ever thrown up because I'm that scared of it. So I remember having feedie pajamas and I never wore them again because I got sick in them.
Speaker 3: Did you know that under rus are underwear? It is right, under rus are underwear that's fun to wear.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was their slogan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to find the picture of me and my Dukes of Hazzard underroos because I know I have them somewhere.
Speaker 1: I used to pose in all of them. So my Duke's hazard when I'm like, yeah, like I was driving and my Superman went to, oh, please bring those Did they have a chips one? I probably did? I have to check.
Speaker 3: I always remember that my gym teacher, because I would in elementary school. I would wear like a shirt with buttons, and I would be wearing my Superman under rus and he could see kind of like through, so he would unbutton it and and then I talked about some and I would open it up and I'd be like Superman. He would pick me up and I would fly.
Speaker 2: Sure, Yeah, where's that guy today?
Speaker 1: Should be talking about that on a different episode maybe maybe off my Oh, I did have chips on the ruse. Sorry, I had that handy. I just have to throw this out there. But the statute of limitations on reporting things like this, I mean it's gone now, so well, no, I was.
Speaker 3: It's funny because I would always like to have the top button open, so the little top of the logo was peaking out.
Speaker 1: Because I need to keep going into detail. I think we're good on this one. We should just start eating the cereals. It was such an innocent time back in the eighties, it really was. Yeah, according to people reporting on things from that time, it really was.
Speaker 2: Because you didn't report anything.
Speaker 3: In the late nineties, Post came out with cereal and it was this one.
Speaker 1: Scott's gonna have a very scat, Scott's gonna have a bid by accident. Scott's gonna have a very hard look in the mirrors. And I used to be called let it's great grains, crunchy pecans. I'm so excited. There's lots of great grains varieties. You know, we've had multiple ones.
Speaker 3: I'm not a pecans I am or if you're down south, pecan Carl Mari, she's on the pecan board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they pay her. Yeah, tell me what a scam that is.
Speaker 3: So this is a post great grain cereal crunchy pecan con, she says, with clusters pecan pecans and flakes, and it's heart healthy.
Speaker 2: Did you wash your hands before you I did?
Speaker 1: We actually we just I went to the bathroom and I washed my I did my duty for everyone. What did your duty?
Speaker 2: Did you wash your hands? You did your duty.
Speaker 1: There's the trash can in the men's room is so far from the door, and so I can't open the door with a tissue and then throw it out like I just don't have good aim and it's just I can't stretch that far. So I kicked it over to the door. So I feel as if I've martyred myself for this floor. Good job, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, set usual.
Speaker 1: Why do you look at your phone when I haven't to them one? Because it's like a five to ten second interlude. I can it's like getting a break in a movie, like, oh, they went to the next scene.
Speaker 2: He's que shaking his box.
Speaker 1: You don't think not when he doesn't make the promo I want. Oh it's been how many weeks now I've asked for it. I don't make these things. I can tell you. I can see through the lies. Oh, Danielle, how do you like the new Cereal set up behind me?
Speaker 2: I really love the shelves. It's easier to look at. And here's what I really love about them. It's also organized, like there's four different kinds of life Cereal and they're all in the same place, and.
Speaker 1: They're all from six years ago.
Speaker 2: There's a one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine different types of cherios. So I can choose from the ones I want. There's honey bunches of boats one, two, three, four different types of honey bunches of boats, like there's all they're all like categorizes. It's nice.
Speaker 1: Guess who's not a fan of my organization, Andrew, I know it, Andre get rid of because you're at the point of hoarding. It's not hoarding when you need to have special shelves ordered just for your quote unquote hobby. It's much need. It's not a hobby. It is not a hobby. It is a hobby.
Speaker 2: No, this is Can I just say something. I'm going to say that one day this podcast is going to really do things. Elvis loves it. He talks about it all the time. And you guys don't realize how many people love cereal. How many people get so excited when they walk in this room and see how much cereal you have.
Speaker 1: We get excited when they see it.
Speaker 2: I really think you have got to have something here.
Speaker 1: But Elvis ate the cereal today and said it was rancid that the.
Speaker 2: One I had today too?
Speaker 1: What was it? Most of them were just for show?
Speaker 2: I had this. I had the Halloween cereal apple jacks. That's gotta go to.
Speaker 1: So then what we need to do is just start cutting the boxes out and then posting something on the wall. This way, it's like we have a cleaner shelf.
Speaker 2: You know what's a good idea? What you could get one of those you know the book that you better have the laminates in some and then people can look through the books and the cereals.
Speaker 1: That I'm the fan. No one has tim clean and keeps it organized. Yes, I enjoy that.
Speaker 2: Look in charge of that. If you'd like check it out.
Speaker 1: Look at this new review that just got posted. This podcast is the best stress relief. Get rid of your therapist, your booze, and your pizza. This is all you need. This five stars. I appreciate the five stars, but don't give up pizza for anything.
Speaker 2: No, no, although I'm trying to give up cheese. I can't figure out what's bothering my stomach and I think it might be cheese. No, you have to go what's it saying?
Speaker 1: Love the podcast? Hate it when daniell is on, though, definitely five stars without her. Who said that Cass is floble.
Speaker 2: That's not very nice.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. And they gave us three stars because of it you, Dick.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. It's my fault.
Speaker 1: Daniel. You totally just made our ratings.
Speaker 2: The only bed writing I got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone else love you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You can't. You can't please everything.
Speaker 1: You can't. It's okay, well I can please. What's up anyway? Can we eat this? The same teacher that also un buttons your shirt?
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you very much to Kelly, because because of Kelly, we're using stop and Shop milk today. Kelly provided us with a gift card for stopping shop so we could buy milk. Thank you so much, Kelly.
Speaker 2: Kelly.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we're using one percent and have to go upstairs and steal some thank you?
Speaker 2: Should I be here because you know that person hates me.
Speaker 1: I love well, we love you, So that's all that matters, all right, go ahead? What doesn't really have a smell? No? No, I don't like the way they're different, boring pieces marry each other. It's not there's like twenty seven different things. I'm cheering, right, I give us two bowls. It's okay, two bowls on a spoon, Okay, if not the best.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how you rate things, Andrew. You you always give things two bowls on a spoon if you really don't like it, like because it's a bowl or a spoon.
Speaker 1: To me, that's like drastic. Like there's very few movies I hate like so much so that I'm like, I never want to see this again. Jurassic Park two is one of them. There was Jurassic World too. Oh my god, that movie was there alone. Child, They're releasing Dinosaurs into the Wild. No, get that movie out of my face.
Speaker 3: See Two Balls in a Spoon too. It's not because of Andrew, but I just feel like it's middle of the road. Two bowls in a spoom.
Speaker 1: I probably wouldn't buy it again to eat, but it's not awful.
Speaker 2: I'll give it two bowls. You know what, I think if you added raisins to it, it might give it a little well.
Speaker 1: Great grains. They have lots of varieties with raisins, So what makes me sad? Said the pecans be sweetened? They should be candied. Yes, yeah, I would always have that cinnamon sugar yep on it. These are boring. And there's peanuts too. It's like, what the hell there was there's no peanuts in there? I thought it said that. Okay, first of all, lower your voice. Oh yeah, second of all, get me the box, daddy, thank you. I like Daniel's really depressed now I feel awful. Pecans and flakes. Oh I thought it said peanuts, but it ruined your dead. It wasn't me. I shouldn't have read it though. No, it's fine. That's a thing.
Speaker 2: Do you really think that's the first person to tell me they don't like me?
Speaker 1: Not at all.
Speaker 2: They don't like me on the Big Show? Twenty five years exactly.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the new okay.
Speaker 3: Twenty eighteen, still new, two years. It's okay, right, we said five years is as before it gets established, becau. Usually if cereals last, they'll last more than five years.
Speaker 1: Otherwise they're out. I would like to eat it to get this taste out of my mouth. Here we go, now, stop you always look. Don't look. It's a secret until I open it.
Speaker 3: It's okay, okay, So this is a Cashee cereal. This is a little bit of a healthy episode. I'm sorry, Danielle.
Speaker 2: How did you go from that to Kashi? That's worse?
Speaker 1: No, this might be good.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: This one came out in twenty eighteen. There's some guy on the back who is that, mister Kashi. Yeah, this cereal is not organic. Oh I think, well, I can't eat it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but hang on, that's the point me, Eric, or he likes to call himself the conductor. I'm not reading all that's anyway. Cashe cinnamon French tolls.
Speaker 1: Oh it could be good.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good. I would buy that in the store because it's better for you. Healthy, is Whole food says it's Coshi. Is everything Caschy better for you?
Speaker 1: I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: I just assumed everything and Whole Foods is better for me.
Speaker 1: No, no, I okay, I went to the hot bart Whole Foods. We died the other day. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: I would not go there right now.
Speaker 1: That they It is so damn good, is it? They have so much variety. There's so many good things.
Speaker 2: You know there the other day? Oh, do you know what they had?
Speaker 1: Do you know what they do?
Speaker 2: You know what they have when I when I can eat chocolate, they have peanut butter, milt balls and you.
Speaker 1: Know the mod you know mothballs are multiples.
Speaker 2: You know mobiles. You know when you go in your pick.
Speaker 1: No, it's such a good chunk.
Speaker 2: It's like you weigh them.
Speaker 3: Hold on a second, I wasn't trying to make a joke, you dick. I thought she said mothballs.
Speaker 2: Two of you.
Speaker 1: You actually think she wanted peanut butter mothballs? I think she. I thought she accidentally said mothballs. Okay, I didn't hear her. I would like to.
Speaker 2: Try them anyway, you know when you go and you scoop them out and then the way well in that this peanut butter multiples, they are insane.
Speaker 1: Do you sample them? When you're done with that? Can you go to Whole Foods together?
Speaker 2: I'll get them and bring them in for it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I hate people that sample things in supermarkets. Like I was there, Why do what?
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to tell you. So I was there and like, you know, the old ladies. She's trying the grapes. Why would you do that? They're dirty? Other people have touched them.
Speaker 2: But I do understand that because sometimes if they're not good, then you don't want to buy.
Speaker 1: Them to try the grapes.
Speaker 3: Yes, there was a big bust at the supermarket I was at one time two years ago.
Speaker 1: The lady.
Speaker 3: There was a lady walking down the aisle and eating cherries. Out of the cherries are expensive and where they're on sale. Well yeah, but you just you just kind of keep them in your mouth like a squirrel. Yeah, who does that? Well, you just spit them in the aisle, you know.
Speaker 2: I used to let my kids take the bananas and like, and then I would throw the peel in the garbage.
Speaker 3: A lot of stores now will give away fruit to kids. Like the shop right that I go to, they have a basket. It's usually you know, they're damaged a little bit, but they give them to the kids. They kids don't care.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been to Trader Joe's and played the game Look find the Monkey? So the Trader Joe's they it's for the kids, so that the kids have something to do while the parents are shopping. There's a monkey. They hide it in the store different places all the time, and then you bring the kids in and they look for the monkey. And then if you find them, you go and tell, like I guess whoever works there, and you get a little prize that as.
Speaker 1: An adult give Here you go big beeches one two things.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's boom, it's not bad, not bad.
Speaker 1: I like them a lot. It's healthy. Hi Lydia Hi, would you like to try some cereal podcasts? It is.
Speaker 2: Killers.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Killers. I like this one a lot.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what, maybe Lydia can stand in for you since you can't have the next one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I can't have chocolate, so I can leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do that, Okay, I'm a big fan. This one gets four balls. I got three bowls in a spoon. It's a little too healthy for me.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give it three balls in a spoon too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's not bad French toast.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you all for letting me be part of this. I'm sorry to the one person that didn't like me.
Speaker 1: Now we have a three star it out yet on you? Yeah, what am I missing?
Speaker 2: Is it something?
Speaker 1: No, don't show her. I have to play the jingle first, hold on and yes, but he actually did that name. Yeah, I had that made for Andrew because he brought back five cereals from Japan and this is the last one. This is number five, so you know what, I have to use it one more time and Daniell, so this one is I don't know what this is called, okay because it's all in Japanese. So down, Dennis, Okay, it's made. That's in English.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 1: Now I can tell you this is Coco the Monkey. I don't know who that is. He's a mascot on Kellogg cereals and I believe he's uh here, he's over here.
Speaker 3: Oh so there's Coco the Monkey and he's on Coco pops. And this is from the UK and this is from so they interchange him on different cereals.
Speaker 1: So internationally cocoa is still used, that's correct, but not here. No, we don't use coco anymore.
Speaker 3: Cocoa was on Coco Crispies for a while, but now it's now crackle pop again.
Speaker 4: All right, let's see something.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, please translate for us. We tried this last week and it didn't work so well. Horizontal chocolate. So that might say chocolate, it says nutrition and calciumslator. I think it's just a chocolate. Choco wa chacoa choco wa here.
Speaker 4: Let's go to the back and see what it's like. Oh god, uh, start with your child and mourning. Well, let's start your child's mourning.
Speaker 1: Well. The nutritional value of chocolate. I love that it looks.
Speaker 3: Like a part of a complete breakfast. There in Japan is some of this cereal with a wooden spoon, a piece of toast with some gou on it.
Speaker 1: It's probably like margarine or something. Well though I see some butter, but there's goo on top of it. That might be some sort of jelly.
Speaker 3: Well, we know we got chocolate, and we know that Coco the monkey is the mascot, and they are they look like well, I mean.
Speaker 1: They're loops because they're calores. Of course they're loops of some sort. I don't think Kellogs has any chocolate loops here in the United States, so they're going to bring it afterwards. No, I don't think this is going to be that good. Okay, it's another bag cereal. It is a bag. They only have bags in Japan. Yeah, it's true. I love the bag versus the ball.
Speaker 3: I notice some of the bags that you brought back, they don't have seals on them, so you just kind of have to rubber band or tape them. Yeah, the Lion cereal doesn't.
Speaker 1: And that corny looking weak bring the Lion cereal. Okay, the corny looking weak eye. Yeah, corny wheat. This smells really good, it does. Yeah. Do you like chocolate cereals? Dennis I have been known to dabble. That's what I hear. I hear you are a dabbler in chocolate holes. Here we go, there we are. This is going to be so good. I feel like the milk that this makes is going to be delicious. Who is this woman on the bag. She must be a Nutritionistuff.
Speaker 4: Translates Yeah, that would be great, and find out who she is if she's a nutritional expert.
Speaker 1: It's very chocolate, right, This smells chocolate. It smells like the tim bits from Tim Horton's Yes, yeah, very chocolate all right.
Speaker 4: Her name is Narita nicayo. Oh oh, so that's her name. So she must be the nutritional specialist. This is her profile. She has certifications.
Speaker 3: I have to open pediatrics, so for children, all right, chocolate is for kids over there?
Speaker 1: Specialist all right.
Speaker 4: She's an expert in parenting and as a proud representative.
Speaker 1: I don't know any parents, is like, give your kids chocolate. Okay, but here we go. The guest hmmm. It tastes like hot coco powder. Yep, great, and they do get soft relatively quick. Yeah, but it is pretty good. I like this. It's not that sweet. It's more coca wee than chocolate. It's cheerios with chocolate, right, big old fat cheerios. I'd give us three bowls in a spoom. It just tastes like plain loops that are dusted with hot coco powder. That is what it tastes like. Larger. Yeah, it's like if Swiss Miss made a cereal. I'm into it. Three bowls in a spoon, and I bet you the milk is good.
Speaker 3: By the way, they do make Swiss Miss hot chocolate with lucky charms marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Nice. Just so you know, I would love that. Can you bring that in? Sure?
Speaker 4: I'll find it well, Narita Nicayo very good for children, Thank you, Narita.
Speaker 1: Creating scale is one to five bowls.
Speaker 4: I would say because of the likeness to cheerios, it got a couple of demerits.
Speaker 1: You don't like cheerios, just because of originality. Yeah, style points.
Speaker 4: I would actually give it three balls. Okay, yeah, so it's like a c plus.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, so is that what the spoon means? Yeah, this is spoon. You three bowls in a spoon, three bows in a spoon. I'm going to do three bowls in a spoon as well. The milk really makes it good. Yeah, the milk, The milk is delicious. Yeah, big fan, big fan, So Andrew, that's it.
Speaker 3: No more approve sorry, no more u uh Temple And that's it. So unless you make a return trip, that's the last time we're ever going to hear that.
Speaker 1: Don't think it's happening soon.
Speaker 3: No, okay, you never know. Well, thank you for listening to serial killers.
Speaker 1: This is what's your favorite cereal? Have you asked before we got to Yes.
Speaker 4: Honey, bunches of oats?
Speaker 1: Which one?
Speaker 4: Just the regular original original? Just that's my childhood favorite.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't have the original.
Speaker 4: We have.
Speaker 1: Been my strawberries, piano maple and the new frosted variety. Have you tried that? No, No, I'm not into bonus rounds. You're a pearist.
Speaker 4: I'm just yes, okay, but that's why I'm saying this gets originality.
Speaker 1: Three, I got it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you know what, we've noticed that anytime that Kellogg's comes out with a new cereal, they just make loops. So you look back, look, these are all new cereals from Kellogg's, and they're all just different loops, called different things and flavored differently.
Speaker 1: But they're all you know.
Speaker 3: They just use the same machine loop blue blue, blue loop, and they just change the colors in the flavors and throw some marshmallows in.
Speaker 1: So peeps. Cereal looks absolutely right now it's discussing in tastes like ketchup. It doesn't thanks for the catch up. First of all, it's catch up and second hitch up, it doesn't. It tastes like marsh It tastes like way too much marshmallow.
Speaker 4: Catch up and all cross Flakes is an old school class. I loves original very little milk because they still want to keep the crunch.
Speaker 1: I hate when they get sorry, yes, wow, you asked me what I think? Thank you? All right, we're done, Thank you very much, thanks for stopping by. Glad you came in.
Speaker 3: It's been episode ninety two of Serial Killers. Please follow us on all social media at serial Killers PC.
Speaker 1: That's Cereal with the C and make sure you like and subscribe. And what else was it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Leave a review that's nice, but be nice to doing yes please, And you know what, if you don't like Danielle, don't screw our podcast by give it the three stars you have dope, go do it on her Serial Remix Podcast. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah with a y.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, at the end we have to say Crunch altogether. Okay, thanks for listening. Crunch, Now, can you make some crazy noises?
Speaker 1: He's so good at that. I love it.