Speaker 1: That choke when the rents passed you in the carball Star, when the only sponsors like broken hard. We're hanging on this janky stream.
Speaker 2: Two weird voices in the glow of a stream.
Speaker 1: If the worm bo say to let him laugh.
Speaker 2: With the Heck, it's a brand new episode. This is the Friday Happy Hour Laugh with Me podcast with Jeremy Odoman. I'm your home.
Speaker 1: Jeremy stares at the stats, handshaking over takeout boxes. Johnny's already mapping hotels on a napkin with crazy crosses. They quit jobs a kind of tell their losses catch the show. Goss just shrugs, Oh, it's funny.
Speaker 2: Johnny grants y'all, Nevern Jo and Johnny. I don't know how many more words we can put in that intro before I, uh that pull back and tell him that I'm the host. That's it's starting to get a little a little ridiculous, Johnny. But I appreciate all your hard work there putting uh putting this together. Thank you to Johnny Palermo, our producer. He doesn't get nearly enough credit uh for the work he does here at Laugh with Me, So thank you, john That's for me. Well, I'm still I'm still healing a little bit from my broken back. You know. It's uh, it's tough. It's tough, a little little issue sleeping. But the muscle relaxer that I have been prescribed, and the and the patch it's like a Lado Kane like patch you put over where the broken rib is. Like, that's that kind of helps. I don't know if any of y'all have ever had to uh use these, but man, it it actually do make you just a little more comfortable. And let's let you forget about the pain for at least a little bit. That it's pain, but more like a discomfort, you know, helps you forget about the discomfort for just a little bit longer. Well, it is Friday, it's that happy hour. We're getting ready for the weekend. Yeah, baby, we're getting ready for the weekend. Now. One thing I have done in the last week that we're gonna talk about today is I saw the movie Spider Man Brand New Day. Awesome movie. Number one movie in America, in America, not and not just America, number one movie in the world. Exciting for people to get hyped for the Marvel Universe again, because boy, sure I haven't even seen that New Avengers movie yet, not the not the newest Avengers movie. It's called New Avengers. I have not seen that one yet, but from what I had read, I wouldn't be lost if I watched Spider Man first before I go back and watch that one, which so that's what I did. You gotta go see the Spider Man right when when it's a new Tom Holland action movie out and awesome movie, awesome, awesome movie. But what we have found is that some people, and I mean, like I said, this is the number one movie in the world right now, what we have found is not every theater experience has been great. Now ours was awesome, Okay, Brandon and I went to see Spider Man brand new day. It was a late showing. It was like a ten fifteen PM showing. That night it came out and it was a pack theater. We had to sit up front. I don't like to sit up front, and I strut, you know, kind of have to look up the whole time instead of forward at the big S screen. I'm looking up over and across. It's like it's a whole thing. Braiden said, Oh, it didn't even it didn't even bother. I'm sitting up front. I'm sitting in front. Wasn't that bad? I could still see everything? And yeah, you could see everything, but you're moving, you know, your head moving up, it's moving side to side. You're trying to catch everything that's going on. The next time we see this movie, we'll be looking dead on at it. I guarantee we're gonna see things that we hadn't seen before. And that's just because we're working, you know, our neck, our head, it's working just to see what's going on.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The movie theater experience itself was really good, Pat Kroud. Everybody was enjoying the movie. Everybody making noise at the right times. It was awesome. Popcorn pop good to go. But well, we're gonna talk about today Friday, Happy. We we're gonna dig in. We have ourselves a brand new Laugh with Me reports. It's because in Colombia the movie theater experience wasn't so great seeing Spider Man this week, and we're we're gonna dig right into that right now as we get ready for once again, a brand new Laugh with Me reports. Hello, folks, I'm Jeremy Odoman. Tonight we are going to Columbia because apparently Spider Man has finally encountered a villain he cannot defeat with webshooters, and that would be flatulence. That's right. A movie theater in Cartagena, Columbia, had to evacuate a screening of Spider Man brand new day after an audience member allegedly released a smell so horrific that hundreds of people had to actually abandon the theater. And I want you to understand something. This wasn't a simple Hey, somebody farted. This wasn't a little okay, And everybody kind of looks around. Who did that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: This, you know, this was apparently we gotta get the fuck out of here. That's not a fart. Okay, that's an act of terrorism against the human respiratory system. Like if you're if the smell that comes out of that ass is so bad that an entire theater of people have to immediately run, My guy, that's not just a fart. So here's what happened. The incident reportedly happened during a screening at the Sina Columbia Multiplex inside Plaza Boca Grande in Cartagina. Okay, everything normal, night, people hyped for Spider Man, Tom Holland doing his Spider Man things Zendeia. Of course she was on screen right people eating their popcorn, just loving life. Somebody was probably texting during the movie, because you apparently you can't just watch a movie without having to tell people what you're watching. Apparently there's things going on outside the theater that require your attention now, and you can't just go into a movie for a couple of hours and enjoy life. Have you noticed that I take ross the people are watching The Spider Man and then boa the smell hit. According to reports, the odor became so overwhelming that hundreds of movie govers evacuated the auditorium. But here's my favorite part. There was reportedly a guy in a Spider Man costume among the people fleeing the theater. Imagine being Spider Man getting your ass kicked by ass. That's humiliating. Like you can fight Green Goblin, you got Doctor Octopus down pat you could even fight Venom, but this he can't stop Doctor Colon. You know, Spider Man has something called a spider sense right where he can just kind of the hair on the back of his neck kind of rises, and he can he can sense something's wrong. It's supposed to warn him when danger's coming, but apparently his spider sense this time went danger, Danger. Somebody ate the wrong thing, and Spider Man himself probably looked around and thought something's coming and then realized, yeah, it ain't coming from the screen. How bad was this fart? Now, I've been to movie theaters and I've experienced movie farts first. In fact, I've been a part of movie farts, okay, And I'm I'm not here to tell you that story today. Although it was a time watching Titanic, and my buddy Travis and I we thought it'd be funny to just be ripping ass through the quiet parts of the movie. Yeah, people in front of us did not appreciate that. I'm gonna tell you that right now. They stood up and said, trying to watch the movie. And I don't blame them as an adult now, and frankly, I was not an adult back then. So let's just let's just go ahead and put that aside right now. Okay, Now, as an adult, I totally get it. We're in there, we're just trying to watch a movie. This wasn't your ordinary two teenage kids with with theater farts. No, it wasn't a simple You're sitting there watching a movie and suddenly you smell something, and everybody knows what happened, but nobody says anything. Okay, being civilized, you just sitting there thinking, maybe that smell goes away. That's the optimism of it. That's how people die, though, because the smell gets worse and eventually sitting there thinking okay, either someone just shit themselves or the popcorn machine has become sentiment. But the incident apparently went beyond that. Okay, this wasn't maybe a bad popcorn machine. People didn't just change seats. They didn't cover their noses, and they didn't whisper dude, did you smell that? Okay, this was worse. They evacuated hundreds of people. That means the fart wasn't just localized, it had to range. Okay, that's not a fart, that's an entire weather system. Thank you, Johnny, he's missed all my other I've had some punchlines in here, Johnny, I top of the episode, I give you all this credit. Come through for me, buddy, come through for me one time. Back to the report. Think about being in that theater. Watch it, Spider Man. Suddenly that smell hits Someone gets up, Then another person gets up, Then twenty people get up. Now you have a hunch hundred people that cannot handle this. Eventually, the whole theater is standing in the hallway and there's only one person who doesn't want to leave. There's always that guy. He's just sitting there like, I'm not I paid seventeen dollars for this movie, sir. You cannot negotiate with a terrorist. You cannot negotiate with a fart. The fart doesn't care about your ticket price. The fart doesn't care about rotten tomatoes. Okay, the fart doesn't care that you've been waiting three years for this new Tom Holland banger. The fart has one goal, and that's to empty the building. But here's where the story gets interesting. The person responsible was reportedly never identified, which means we have a genuine mystery in our hands, Like who dropped the bomb? Was it an accident? Was it intentional? Was it some poor bastard who'd been holding it in since the previews? Like we'll never know who dropped the bomb, and I don't want to accuse anybody but let's be honest, there was a person in that theater who knew, Like they know right now. They're probably sitting at home right now watching the news, maybe even hearing this report, and when the reporter says hundreds of people were evacuated after a mysterious odor, they're just sitting on the couch like, wow, that is crazy, Like, motherfucker, you know what you did? You need to just googling theater evacuation in Columbia and just loving all this attention. Spider Man. The title of this movie is Spider Man Brand New Day, and that's perfect because those people definitely had a brand new day. They went into that theater thinking I'm going to enjoy a superhero movie the next Marvel. They came out thinking I have survived biological warfare. The movie should have been called Spider Man No Way Home, because after that smell, there was no way anybody was going home without burning their clothes. Now, because I'm a journalist, and by a journalists I mean a guy sitting in the basement right now talking to a microphone, I've developed some theories. Okay, theory number one, the person probably ate something questionable before the movie. Maybe some beans, possibly eggs. I mean we've all been there, right, maybe something from a food truck that came with a warning label. You ever eat something we're halfway through, You're like, I'm going to regret this, and then your stomach says not halfway through. I'm talking about during the credits. I mean, I've lived it. I live it on a daily basis where ive eating something and I'm like, ah, this is the zaying it, guys, the z ain't it? So I can kind of relate to this to this person, whoever you are. Theory number two, it was deliberate. Maybe somebody bought like that fart spray. And if that's the case, that's an incredible commitment to being an ant because you didn't just ruin a movie. You ruin the movie for hundreds of people. Okay, that's not comedy. That's a declaration of war. And this scene that seems like a very likely case here. Theory number three that it actually was Spider Man. Okay, think about it. Nobody knows where Spider Man came from, nobody knows where he went, and everybody knows Spider Man has a mask. Maybe there's a reason for that. Maybe Peter Parker wasn't protecting his identity. Maybe he was protecting the public. There's a few theories out there for it. This incident also raises an important question, what are the rules when you fart in a movie theater? Because I think we need some We need to set a certain level of guidelines. Rule number one, if it's silent and harmless, you walk away with your dignity. Okay. Rule number two, if it makes a sound, You've got two options. Option A, pretend it wasn't you. Option B. You gotta own it. You gotta turn around and say, ladies and gentlemen, my apologies. That's respect. Okay, that's leadership. That's if you release something so powerful that people start evacuating. Okay, you don't get to leave. You have to stay. You have to face your victims, and you need to walk into the hallway and say I'm sorry it was me. Then everybody gets to decide whether you deserve to live. I mean, that's that's living in a community of people. Okay, that's living in a society. I got no beef with that. I also love that someone reportedly fled the theater while wearing a Spider Man costume. That is the most hilarious image imaginable. Hundreds of people running for their lives and there's Spider Man in the middle of them. Just imagine seeing that. You don't know what's happening. You just see Spider Man sprinting down the hallway. At that point, you just don't ask questions. You run, You follow Spider Man. Okay, if Spider Man's running away, we're fucked. Thank you, Johnny. You still miss some punchlines, But that's okay. You know what Americans would have done. It's a good thing this happened in Columbia. We would have immediately started investigating. Within five minutes, There'd have been a Facebook group called who farted at Spider Man Columbia area. People would be posting blurry photos anybody recognizes man. Possible suspect sitting in Roe g witness says he bought nachos at seven fourteen breaking. Suspect may have consumed three chili dogs and then some guy, maybe a guy named Randy, would comment, I know who it was. Randy don't know shit. Randy wasn't even there. Randy was four hundred miles away. But okay, Randy knows. You always get those fucking people. I imagine the theater staff had a very difficult conversation though. Okay, you have somebody, why are people leaving? Next person? Well, I think there's a smell. What kind of smell? Well, I don't know. Is it chemical? No, electrical, we'll no gas leak will know? Well, then what is it? I think somebody farted. That's not a sentence you want to say professionally. I mean, that's not the kind of sentence that makes you question your career. Okay, you went to work that day expecting to sell popcorn. Now you're standing in an empty theater trying to determine whether a human asshole has become a public safety hazard. Maybe this is the future. Have you ever considered this. We've got three D, we've got Imax, we've got that Dolby utmost and now smell a vision except nobody orders it. Just imagine the movie theater advertisement experienced Spider Man like never before. You won't just see the action, You'll smell the action, and then they'll come in with them no refunds. The best part of the story is that the movie itself wasn't necessarily canceled. The movie theater was eventually aired out, and apparently some moviegoers decided they'd seen enough and maybe smelled enough, so they went home. And honestly, I respect that because there are moments in life when you have to just accept defeat and you can't always finish what you started. Sometimes you just have to look at the situation that say, yeah, I'm not watching that final forty five of Spider Man because there is something in the air that has made me question every decision I've made since birth. Somewhere in Columbia right now, there's a person walking around who knows that they caused an entire movie theater to evacuate. They'll never admit to this. Hopefully they take that secret to the grave, and that's probably for the best because we don't need to know who did it. We don't need a name, we don't need a face, don't need a big confession, we don't need to remember. Okay. One thing we do need to remember, though, is that it did happen. On one faithful night in Columbia. Spider Man met his greatest enemy. And it wasn't the Green Goblin, and it wasn't Venom, and it wasn't doctor och doc Oc. It was the human ass and unlike every other Spider Man villain, this one couldn't be defeated with the web ladies and gentlemen. That was laugh with me. Reports I'll tell you what I like. I said, I have definitely definitely been the movie theater farther before. Okay, I don't know that I've ever publicly admitted to that. I've done it once on purpose, once on purpose, and that was it feels like a million years ago, watching Titanic, Trav and I trying to build him up and let him fly. But that those people in front of us that were like, come on, we're trying to watch the movie. That really that really sat with me every time I've seen a movie ever since. Okay, this is no time for fun and games. This is time to sit and enjoy the art that has been given to us. And ever since then, I've respected it. I've respected the movie theater going experience ever since that day. But this this guy, I'm gonna assume it's a guy in Columbia. I'm gonna go ahead and just put that on them. Man, this guy has taken it to an entirely another level. And to that fella, I say, cheers, it has been the Friday happy hour. Laugh with me. Who will see y'all next? Did so.
Speaker 1: When the rents passed too, in the carball starday, when the only spuzzlers my broken heart. We're hanging down this shanky stream. Two weird voices in the glow of a screen.
Speaker 2: If the world boss to let it laugh, When