Speaker 1: Hi, everybody.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another edition of Packers Unscripted from Packers dot Com. I am like Spofford, joined as always by my trust and colleague Wes Hodkoitz. We're coming to you Hear from our studios at Lambeaufield to preview Sunday's Packers Bears showdown. It will be at Soldier Field in Chicago, a noon Central time.
Speaker 1: Kickoff and west.
Speaker 2: Before we dive a little bit deeper into this four and five Chicago Bears team, a quick.
Speaker 1: Update on the.
Speaker 2: Health department for the Packers. Quarterback Jordan Love, a full participant in practice on Wednesday, took all of the reps. That was certainly good news to hear. Jay r, Alexander, Evan Williams, Josh Myers all back at practice on Wednesday after missing the last game against the Lions before the bye. Colby Wooden defensive lineman, second year pro. He was the only player on the Packers current active roster who did not practice on Wednesday. He has a shoulder injury. By all accounts, at least so far, the bye week did some good for the Packers as far as their injury report.
Speaker 3: You missed the biggest one of all Michael Tucker Craft no longer in the red non contact jersey Tucker Klaft Craft will once again be unleashed on the Packers defense in practices after having to take off him here the last couple months. But you know, all joking aside, I felt like it was a reason why I ended up doing my Thursday morning story. I mean, this was what everybody was waiting to see. You know, you saw Evan Williams, you sat jyr Alexander, you sat Josh Myers going into the Lions game. Jordan was dealing with what he was dealing with. How are they going to look on the other side of this thing? I thought Wednesday's practice obviously was very positive. Nobody's making any promises. Evan Williams wasn't, Josh Myers wasn't at his locker, But it does sound like there's optimism there that all those guys are making the progress you want to see. And even more than that, Michael, I just look at a team that did so many things well in the first half of the season despite some not a huge rash of injuries, but like nagging things at bad positions where you don't want to have nagging things right when you think about the quarterback issues green Bay went through, when you think about the secondary and some of the things they've had to navigate to getting back a guy like Evan Williams, with how well he's played in the first half of the season, what that could do for the Packers. We saw the domino effect of Josh Myers not being out there, Elton Jenkins having to move in, different communications set up up front. I just feel like what we saw is Green Bay getting closer to being healthy, which means them getting closer to being comfortable within their assignments, and from there, hopefully the Packers can continue to fly here in the second half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we'll see how things play out for the rest of the week. Obviously, Thursday's practice is always a big indicator because they put the pads on. It's really more of the full contact practice the one time they do that during the week. So we'll keep our eye on that injury report as the week unfolds. The opponent this week, the Chicago Bears. We talked about a little bit on our last show. This is a team that was one play away from being five and two and feeling really, really good about itself. The Hail Mary goes the wrong way for Chicago. In Washington, they lose to the Commanders, and there's there's been some kind of what you call it a hangover effect, whatever you want to say. The last two Bears performances have just been complete duds. They've gotten, you know, handled quite easily, to be brutally honest, by the Arizona Cardinals and by a struggling New England Patriots team that has now led to a change at offensive coordinator. Shane Waldron is out and Thomas Brown is in as offensive coordinator for Chicago. And you know, I'm not sure exactly how much is going to change with the with the Bears offense. I think you have to be kind of ready for some unscouted looks. You have to be ready for some tendency breakers. If I'm Thomas Brown, I'm coming into this game against the Packers saying, you know, our rookie quarterback is having his struggles, our pass protection unit is having its struggles. As the Bears gave up nine sacks to the New England Patriots. The running back is the best friend in those situations, the running game. I think the Packers have to be ready for a healthy, healthy dose of DeAndre Swift coming at him in this game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent. The tough thing was as I was looking back at that game against New England and where they came up short. Certainly the nine sacks jump off the page and we're not going to sit here and you can listen to Chicago media as far as who's all the blame for that. But you know one thing that I think has really hurt this team when I look at them on paper is the fact that Braxton Jones has been banged up. Darnell Wright has been banged up. Those are your two bookends on the offensive line. They've had a lot of change on the interior offensive line there, and it just seems like they haven't been able to get into much of a rhythm. And I covered this on Insider inbox Er this week, where I feel like, when you're building a team and you have a new quarterback, a young quarterback, you have to build from the inside out. And in no disrespect to Chicago or what they're doing, but I mean they kind of built from the outside in. It feels like, now that being said, DeAndre Swift was a move they needed to make. You're gonna lose David Montgomery. You're gonna lose some of those proven assets in your backfield. You have to find a way to be able to make up for that. Swift. To me, he's been okay this year. I thought last year he was sensational. I thought he really It made it look like both them and the Lions made the right moves with how they did their running back situations. But this year it's been a little bit harder running. But that being said, he does have a fifty six yard touchdown. He is the lead back. There is no committee there. This is the guy, and he's been able to stay healthy for the most part in that role in Chicago. And when you're talking about as much as everybody will talk and discuss about unscouted looks and trick plays and all these other things, the number one thing that I would imagine the Bears are thinking right now is how can we make life easier on Caleb Williams. And to your initial point, that goes back to the wrong game and getting in favorable down in distance.
Speaker 1: I think so too.
Speaker 2: I think that's I think that's what this Bears offense is going to start to focus on to really help out Caleb Williams, the number one.
Speaker 1: Overall draft pick.
Speaker 2: As far as the passing game goes, he's certainly spread the ball around quite a bit. Roma Duneesa, DJ morricle comet. All these guys have produced. Nobody really stands out as necessarily like the go to guy for Caleb Williams, which I think is a good thing for a young quarterback. But the Bears need to find something to hang their hat on offensively, to really to be the foundation of what they're going to do and who they're going to be. And I think whatever that is going to be, I think it's going to start this week against the Packers because of this big if now at offensive coordinate, there's.
Speaker 3: Just no explosiveness to the offense, is what my initial thing has been. Again that's not a criticism, it's just the facts. I mean, they just they have a bunch of guys that have caught the ball. Nobody's had that big game breaker. I think their longest catch of the year is forty seven yards and it wasn't even a touchdown. I mean, like, they haven't had those explosive type plays that I think sometimes can really help boost a young quarterbacks confidence and Because of that, they are what is it, the thirty first ranked third down offense in the National Football League. It's just been tough sledding offensively, trying to find some consistency there. Now, that being said, I want to make this clear because I know we'll transition here shortly to the defense. But the Chicago Bears are four and five. They lost threes in a row here now coming out of the buy they are still undefeated this season. When their offense scores over twenty points. Yeah, defensively they can play with anybody in the league. It's just been a grind trying to find ways to generate offense and twenty three straight drives now whatever it is without a touchdown or passing touchdown. I mean, there is a lot of bad mojo feeling around this team right now. But that being said, an opening driver, you go down the field and you score, it changes everything, especially when you make a change on the coaching staff. So my message this week has been you got to treat this team just like you treated the Detroit Lions. You have to have your antennas up. You got to think about them as not just an opponent, an obstruction from your seventh win but you got to get NFC wins, You got to get division wins, and it starts with the Chicago Bears and keeping this winning street going under Matt Lafleur at Soldier Field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's I think there's a perception out there amongst Packer fans because the Bears are struggling so much, especially on offense, they can't get things going with Caleb Williams and all that, there's there's this perception that you know that if the Packers, you know, they get themselves healthier on offense, they get rolling, that that they can go into that they can go into Soldier Field and just and steamroll the Bears. Here, you look at this Bears defense and that's simply not going to be the case. I mentioned this an Insider Inbox. I mentioned it on our Three Things video with Larry yesterday. This Bears defense has allowed more than twenty one points only once all season, and that was to the Arizona Cardinals the game right after they hail Mary. This is a defense that's taken the ball away sixteen times. They have eight interceptions, they have eight fumble recoveries. That's only a few takeaways behind the Packers. It's only a few takeaways off of the league lead across the board. Two big things situationally where this defense is really really tough. They are seventh in the league in third down percentage allowed. I believe it's around thirty three percent, only allowing third down conversions a third of the time. And this is the best statistically, the best defense in the league in the red zone in terms of the low percentage of touchdowns allowed. And that really becomes a very interesting thing in this matchup because while the Bears are the top ranked team in red zone defense, the Packers are near the bottom twenty ninth in the league in red zone offense. So there's a lot to look at here from situational and a statistical matchup between the Packers offense and the Bears defense. One significant injury, safety Jaikwon Brisker, has already been ruled out for this week. He's in the concussion protocol in Chicago. They've already said he's out this week.
Speaker 1: He won't be playing.
Speaker 2: That's a big loss because he's, you know, kind of one of those free ranging safeties. He can play deep, he can attack the line of scrimmage. He's all over the field. He won't be out there, but this Bears defense is not to be trifled with. These guys can play. They've really there's really only been one game and that was the game against the Cardinals. The final score I believe was twenty nine to nine. That's really the only game where the Bears defense did not give Chicago a legitimate chance to win the football game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know a couple of things that go into this one. I guess that means we'll probably see Jonathan Owens on Sunday perhaps. Think as far as the backup there, I know they have some younger guys as well. But here's all I want to say about this, because this came up this week because obviously Mattiberflu's he's been under He's in the hot seat, people, he's under the microscope. Yep, whatever idiom you want to use on that. I want to say, the Chicago Bears are doing something right. Because yes, offensively, it's not been what you wanted. But when you have a defensive head coach and your team's not performing the way you wanted to perform, I feel like you gain nothing from letting that defensive coach go in the middle of a season, if their unit, the area that they specialize in, the area that they master in, if that unit's performing. The Bears have done that this season. I mean, you look at what the Jets are going through right now. Not only did you lose your head coach, I felt like they lost their defensive identity. They when they let you know, Robert Salad go absolutely the Bears are committed to a long term plan. Here. They're going to be some strikes and some balls, and you're gonna have to some swings and misses. But defensively, Matti Aberflu's coming here from Indianapolis. It's been everything you would expect the defense to be. They just haven't won enough and they haven't done enough offensively. But that being said, the unit, why they got off to their fast start, it was because of defense and special teams. It was because they were finding ways to win those close matchups. They lost that the last few weeks, but that doesn't mean it can't come back. So seeing and it's a very diverse group. I think fourteen different guys that have a sack this season. You talk about you know, Tremaine Edmonds in the middle of that defense. They've always had really good linebacker played there, TJ.
Speaker 1: Edwards, one of their team captains.
Speaker 3: Yes, and the fact that you know Montes sweat that all this conversation between him and the Packers in the back and the fourth and the rivalry he's talking about, it is what it is when the game gets played. But you can tell these guys are motivated to play it. So I just think it's it's a matchup where the Green Bay Packers have to take the threat seriously. You have to put points on the board, you have to protect the football, you have to play clean. But more than anything, the opportunities that are presented to make the Bears question what they're doing. Those are the times where you really have to pounce because they aren't going to last their and if they get the wind in their sales in this matchup, particularly early on at their home stadium against the Green Bay Packers, a place team they have not beat since the Mike McCarthy era, they they're gonna be feeling themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And there's a there's a lot of curiosity with regard to the fan base as well as the players in the locker room as to just maybe what what the offense can do with with the changeup at coordinator, emphasizing some different things, some tendency breakers, you know, all that kind of stuff. And as you say, especially when you're playing at home, if you start to get the win in your sales a little bit, it doesn't matter who the opponent is on the other side, the Bears are going to start feeling like that team that was four and two and on the verge of being five and two, not the team that has that you know, has really struggled these last couple of weeks and seeing their season start to slip away.
Speaker 3: And I want to make sure I bring this back full circle because the point I'm trying to make with all my assessments here is Thomas Brown was the offensive coordinator for Carolina Panthers last year. He was the guy that had to go in there and they had to try to devise a game plan for Bryce Young against the Packers, and they nearly won the game. Young had one of the best games of his career. To this point.
Speaker 2: Carolina probably wins that game if Carolina gets the ball back, you know, or just gets the ball back ten seconds sooner, I mean literally another ten seconds on the clock, and Bryce Young might have beaten the Packers in that game.
Speaker 3: And why did it happen? Why did it play out that way? Because the Packers did not put Away Young in that offense. Early on, they got they made some explosive plays, they had some big plays late, and then they almost came close to Vietnam. So though, those are all the things you have to keep in mind. But yeah, there's a lot of different traps and things you have to be cognizant of in this matchup with the Chicago Bears. But more than anything, getting back to your initial point, the Bears have not scored a lot lately, they have not had a lot of success. They had an absolute awful way to lose a football game against Washington. Yep, you have to make sure you keep them down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, a little bit of sponsor business here. West Sirius XM NFL Radio delivers hard hitting analysis and up to the minute NFL news. The true ball fanetics need twenty four to seven, three sixty five And at Cousins Subs, we have something for everyone like our Wisconsin Cheese cards, mac and Cheese, golden fries, and creamy shakes, all paired with your favorite sub or sub in a bowl. Cousin subs fifty plus years of better all right, keys to victory. We've are obviously suggested. Hint today, Oh I got plenty more? What I have plenty more? Okay, we haven't even scratched the surface yet, Brev.
Speaker 1: All right, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh you can continue talking if you want.
Speaker 2: No, that's all right, I'll throw I'll toss it over to you. What's at the top of your list.
Speaker 3: Packers have to run the football in this game. They have to run it well. When you look defensively at what Chicago where they've struggled this season, it's been against the run. Now again, there's a couple of chunk games in there. I think that have added that up. But it's not just the fact they're twenty fourth and rushing defenses here. It's a fact they're twenty eighth in yards per carry almost five yards per carry allowed this season.
Speaker 2: Which means you can stay ahead of the sticks as long as you're not committing penalties, right, bingo, what's its name?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I mean that's the fact. I mean, when you are able to control the line a scrimmage the way that the Packers have when they've been successful this season, I feel like the blueprint is there. So many people are gonna make this about Jordan Love. He's a full participant, He's getting all his practice reps. Everything's hunky dory in that regard. Josh Jacobs is a third leading rusher in the National Football League right now this season at this point. Getting him going, getting manageable down in distance and then executing when you get in the red zone, I think is going to be absolutely paramount. In Michael, I don't want to steal any of your stuff. I know you're gonna have plenty of points here too. But the fact of the matter is the Chicago Bears gave up nine sacks last week. Yeah, Green Bay Packers have made some significant changes with their defensive front. I'm very interested to see exactly who the personnel is going to be in those third down rush packages. Will we see more Aaron Moseby. Could Brenton Cox Junior be involved in that? Where is Rashaan Gary going to be? Hey, Eddrian Cooper is playing really well, Maybe he gets involved in this thing, whatever the case is. You know, Evan Williams talked about this at his locker on Wednesday. You know, Caleb's gonna run a little bit, you know, he's going to try to extend place. But that's also an opportunity if you've plaster to potentially make up play. Yeah, Packers have to be able to execute in that regard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what rises And I certainly agree with all of those as keys to Vic, Thank you, no disagreement there whatsoever.
Speaker 1: For me?
Speaker 2: What rises to the top of my list? I go back to the situational discrepancy that we talked about before. The Bears are the number one red zone defense in the league. Statistically, the Packers are the twenty ninth ranked red zone offense in the league. Pretty amazing, quite frankly, that the Packers are ninth in the league in scoring yep, yet twenty ninth in the league in red zone it tells you how many opportunities the Packers have left out there and how close, as we talked about on our last show, how close the Packers are to seeing this offense really hit full gear and hit full stride. I think this game comes down to can the Packers finish drives? Because I think with Josh Jacobs, with the balance that the Packers generally have on offense, they will be able to move the football against the Chicago Bears. But when they get into scoring territory, are they going to be able to finish drives against the number one red zone defense in the league and get the ball in the end zone or are they going to be relegated kicking field goals all day? Yep, if the Packers, and you're not going to finish every single drive. But obviously you know if you're in the red zone, if you're in the red zone four times, there's a huge difference on the scoreboard between going three for four in the red zone and going one for four in the rest right, and that really becomes the difference in where I think this game gets.
Speaker 3: It's funny too you mention that because if you want to look at the glass, not that that was glass half empty, but the other aspect of it, when you talk about the discrepancy between these two teams, it is the explosive plays. Now I don't have the true media stats in front of me, but when you talk about how many yards Green Based produced, how many points they still produce, it's because the explosive plays they've had a lot of times have also led to touchdowns, whether it's that drive or whether it's the play itself. Yeah, they've been able to extend for that, and that's where Chicago has struggled this season. So bring it back to what I was talking about with the defense and what they have to do against the Bears, not allowing those plays to rupture, playing well in front of them, and making sure that you're making the tackles that you have to make. Certainly, there's gonna be a lot of different factors and variables that can played into this outcome and how they're gonna win it. But there's a lot of things that Green Bay does significantly better than the Chicago Bears. They need to be able to carry that over into this matchup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, you need to you need to be you need to be who you are and uh and the Packers know they have the thing, they have the things that they need to clean up and all that. But really, as much as we've talked about the changing offensive coordinator and how good this Bears defense can be and everything, this this still just is It's one of those games that strike strikes me where this is this is about what.
Speaker 1: The Packers do.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent of Bears do.
Speaker 2: If the Packers bring their bring their a game and play like it the Packers are the better team. They've proven it over the long haul so far this season, and if they do that, they should be able.
Speaker 1: To win this game.
Speaker 2: Looking around the league, Week eleven, elsewhere in the NFC NO, Minnesota is at Tennessee. Jacksonville is at Detroit. So those are a couple of NFC North versus AFC South matchups. I'm not gonna be holding my breath on either one of those. Quite frankly. Jacksonville playing with Mac Jones again at quarterback. They couldn't do Diddley squad on offense against.
Speaker 3: Diddley pooh, I think is the what's that is the expression Diddley pooh oh? Okay, well, I forget Who's Diddley squad is the one I grew up with. So I'm just I'm not holding my breath on on either one of those games. I mean, it will be interesting to see Minnesota going on the road back to back weeks now with all of you know, last week they went to Jacksonville, couldn't score touchdown and Sam Darnold through three interceptions, so well, their offense, you know, get something going more in a positive direction against Tennessee or not, but it is interesting though that if I believe it comes down to if the Vikings and the Lions win these two games, the NFC North, the NFC North versus AFC South will be all done after this weekend, and if the Vikings and the Lions win these games, the final tally will be fourteen and two. Wow.
Speaker 2: The only to this point, the only AFC South versus AFC South beating the NFC North is that both Houston and Indianapolis beat Chicago and Tennessee should have too, and Tennessee should have beaten Chicago. Dude, you know what's hilarious about that now that you think, yeah, possibly fourteen and two if the favored teams, the Vikings and the Lions win this week.
Speaker 3: So you're telling me the NFC North is done with the season series at the AFC South this week after this weekend, and this is the first time the Bears are playing an NFC North opponent, correct? Yeah? Is this? They did a number on that schedule that the.
Speaker 2: Schedule this year is just it's it's bizarre. It's bizarre in a in a number of ways. But aside, huh from that, the other this is a really really interesting win this week eleven schedule in the NFL because it is the first time from what I read, it is the first time since the league merger that in Week eleven there are three games where all six of the teams have seven or more wins in Week eleven playing each other. And it starts tonight, starts on Thursday Night Football with Washington at Philadelphia, and then continues on Sunday with Baltimore at Pittsburgh and Kansas City at Buffalo. So these are some major, major mid season matchups here. And of course Packers fans are going to have, you know, their eye on Packers Bears, and that's where our attention will be. But this is quite the slate of games for one week in the NFL, well.
Speaker 3: In Washington, Philly. Man, you were talking about it last week on the show. I mean the fact that we've got these really pivotal, critical division matchups here on Thursday Night Football. One, it's obviously I agree with you, it's the way to go. But two, it really raises the stakes because you're looking at Washington now where hey, dude, there's seven and three. I will not disrespect that record. Obviously, I've sat up here before and I've talked about Jayden Daniels and everything, that.
Speaker 2: They were an eyelash from being eight and two because they were right there with a chance to beat the Steelers last week.
Speaker 3: They absolutely were. But the part of it that I thought was really interesting when I was breaking it down, because you know, I'm sophisticated, I have NFL gsis and everything. The strength of victory for Washington is one of the worst of the National Football League. It's three thirty eight. I guess it's yeah, no, it only twenty three wins against the opponent that their opponents have won. This is a big moment for Washington to show that they can play with one of the upper echelon teams and credit to Philadelphia the way that they've kind of been able to pull themselves back together, pull itself back together after how last year unfolded. They're proving once again that they are still not to be trifled with and that NFC East and absolutely the part that I didn't know all the ins and outs of it when you were explaining some of those statistics with the seven and eight win teams playing each other. When I first looked at this sc this week, what I thought was most interesting is how much teams are paired against each other a similar record. Really Detroit and in Jacksonville's the only like really huge difference. I mean when you look at Kansas City Buffalo, but even there's like five and four playing four and five teams. I mean there's a lot on the line in terms of stakes for a week eleven matchup, and certainly Green Bay is a part of that. You're trying to, you know, extend themselves out from the Bears and also keep themselves in contention there with their other two NFC North adversaries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well in those in those big matchups with teams with seven plus wins. Two of those our division games Washington at Philadelphia in the NFC East, Baltimore at Pittsburgh in the AFC North. That's one that'll have a lot of eyes on it. You know, Russell Wilson has taken over at quarterback for the Steelers and and you know that team keeps winning and then a lot of eyes I believe it's I'm assuming it's you know, kind of the game in the national window the Kansas City, Kansas City is at Buffalo. What do you think do you think Kansas City stays undefeated or do the Bills hand the Chiefs their first loss. The Kansas City has been they've been riding right out of the edge. And not just block field goal last week, but we've seen in other games, you know they I mean, it was overtime against Tampa Bay on Monday Night Football the week before. They've had other games earlier in the season that just that came right down to the end. And no apologies, Kansas City is finding ways to win, and you take nothing away from him, but they have been on the edge and you have to feel like one of these teams, and maybe it's Buffalo this weekend, is finally going to knock them all.
Speaker 3: They're on the edge of glory. And I'll tell you what I think Buffalo wins. That's my pick for this one. Okay, not that I often offer predictions, but that is what I'm thinking. But here's the thing that's funny about it. It doesn't matter. Kansas City is the closest thing. I've said this for a while now. They're the closest thing to an NCAA basketball team where it's like the regular season is the regular season. Yeah, they'll win the you know SEC or whatever the ACC and then it's all about how good are you entering the tournament? Last year was another example of that. You know, Packers ended up beating them in December here at Lambeufield, but they just kept building. That's what New England did during its dynasty, and that's what Kansas City is doing.
Speaker 2: And I think what and not to go on too much of a tangent in the AFC, but I think what was most impressive about Kansas City's run to the championship, to the Super Bowl Championship last year is that they weren't just.
Speaker 1: Playing at Arrowhead. No.
Speaker 2: In the playoffs, they had to go to Buffalo, they had to go to Baltimore. They were winning those playoff games on the road in order to get there. And again that's where it sort of does become like they're the NCAA tournament team where it doesn't matter if they end up with a one seed or a four seed or a six seed or whatever. They're going to be formidable in the postseason because they've been there and they've won those kinds of games in any condition, in any location, And you're right, and they're for all the attention that's going to be on this Buffalo Kansas City matchup, it's probably just a preview of another matchup coming up in January. To question of then where is that game going to be?
Speaker 3: Which is That's the only question that Josh Allen and Sean McDermott they have to answer, is that is that question? Because Kansas City has been the final boss, it's been the final boss for the entire league, but definitely Buffalo because Buffalo. We were talking beforehand about how Houston and the bumfill era would run into Pittsburgh and Buffalo keeps running into Kansas City and it just cannot get through it. Now that being said, for them being nine to zero, the Chiefs still have a lot of issues when you look at they have been dinged up everywhere on the offense. I mean, now they brought in DeAndre Hopkins and they made moves to try to augment that. But this is another example I feel like of proving why Patrick Mahomes is a perennial MVP contender because he is lifting that football team up with the way he's playing, in addition to a very talented defense. But for me, for that reason, yes, the eyes will be on that game, and certainly it's for the right reasons, but I think Baltimore and Pittsburgh's probably the one I have my my most interest in because Mike Tomlin's doing what he does and Russell Wilson is resuscitating his career after people like myself question whether or not there was anything left in the gas tank. The Baltimore Ravens have a lot of issues now on defense, but they still got Lamar Jackson, So it's like seeing how all that interacts. That's what's fun about this time of the year, because, yeah, all these teams are going to be in the playoffs, but these are where you kind of put your your flag in the ground and say, I should be the one that's out front of this thing.
Speaker 2: Right And when you're talking these divisional matchups, that not to say that anything's going to be decided in week eleven, but a game that is going to have a big influence on who wins a division versus who You're talking about the difference between maybe a one or two seed and being a five seed, right, because that's just how the that's how the numbers break down, and how the structure of the playoffs breaks down with the four division champions being one through four.
Speaker 3: And that's what the longer I cover this league, the more you'll see it am I writing, the more you'll hear me say it on the show, whether it's September or December. Now in January, you have to keep stacking those wins, because how often is it? Mike. We'll be doing the same thing here with the Packers in week seventeen and eighteen, hopefully talking about okay, playoff positioning, getting in seeding, buys, all this type of stuff, and it all comes back to these games that you play in week eleven. Yep, that at the time feel like you're just trying to get one win, but in reality have a much much more important purpose.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, well, it should be a good one in Chicago.
Speaker 3: And the yeah, good one in Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Two before we go April, the countdown to the twenty twenty five NFL Draft in Green Bay has begun. Mark your calendars for April twenty four through April twenty six of twenty twenty five, and visit green Bay dot com slash Draft twenty five for more information. With that, we'll call it a rap on this edition of Packers Unscripted. Be sure to follow all of our coverage of the team and everything from Sunday's big game against the Bears at Soldier Field.
Speaker 1: Wes and I will be there. We will have it.
Speaker 2: All for you on packers dot com.
Speaker 1: For Wes, I'm Mike. Thank you for tuning in. Everybody. We will see you next time.