Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC erness What's Up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting business that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 2: How do podcasts make money? Like you guys have a successful podcast? How did they always wanted that? I never really knew how?
Speaker 3: Oh you know.
Speaker 4: Kind of podcast newcomings? This is?
Speaker 3: This is so, you know, we gotta.
Speaker 4: Let the people now.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, we make money a few different ways. We make money obviously from ad revenue. We make money from streams on YouTube. We also have a Patreon. We make money with Patreon. We used to sell merch, but we don't really sell merch as much anymore. But they used to be a stream of income that we had and I'm trying to think of my live shows.
Speaker 4: Live shows, but we haven't toured in like two years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like hosting events, like do you have products? I have a cosmetics business, but we don't have anything with Poor Mindes together currently.
Speaker 4: But we used to sell hoodies and rap tea.
Speaker 3: We have like the little wine stoppers and stuff like that, Like we really like ramp up, like the merch stuff whenever we're touring and things like that. But like she said, those like our main sources of income. And we did an e book as well, ye cause I mean we get so many questions of like, oh, how do I star the podcasts? What do I need? But it wasn't just like the typical even like okay, get a camera. It was like I was legit giving actual websites that we used. I want to make some ad revenue. You can sign your podcast up with this audio this source. So I did the course too, so you can actually get the bundle. Like if you're somebody who's more of a visual learner, you can watch the course, or if you know somebody that need to look at a book, we have the Yeah, and then we stepped, like I said, we stepped into the hosting space. We did, you know, we did the Festivalence Festival, we did so, yeah, BT Awards, ET Awards. Yeah, we did the Media House last year. So I think, like I said, when you're getting into podcasting, the actual show you can make a lot of revenue from. But the outside things that you do outside of just sitting on the couch and being in front of the mic is like so.
Speaker 2: It's using your influence to get money from absolutely.
Speaker 3: I mean even now we get money from faith book, Tiktie. It's like a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: That's what I was forgetting social media plays.
Speaker 1: There's a ticket going on on the streams, y'all just name it's about We're about eleven. Yeah, it's moltiple. Streams is important in the ad space, I know, like when people are starting the podcast, that's very important, right. It's probably one of the first sources of income you're going to have based on your topic. Do you guys ever feel limited, right, because there's only sometimes there's only a certain level or a certain category of ad client that's looking to put things on your show, right, Whereas if you have more of a broad based topic, it leaves it open for a lot more categories. Have you guys ever felt that way when it comes to the ad spends.
Speaker 3: You know what? No, not really to be honest, like, I feel like a lot of different companies want to work with us, Like we never really had that issue, but we do know some people in the podcast in space that have told us that they've had that issue because they may have like a six base podcast.
Speaker 4: But we've never really had that.
Speaker 3: I mean sometimes we get as I'm like, they want.
Speaker 4: To work with up, you don't be the mouse and random so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like manscaping like all that stuff, like it'll be like but it works, Like if they renew the contract, I'm like, oh, y'all must be clicking blue Choo and I'm like, do men really watch the show? Women are buying it for their men?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think y'all will be limited because you're not, like you said, you're not a sex based podcast.
Speaker 3: Like we have a segment, but it's not the whole entire show, you know. I think people think that sometimes just because of the clips that are cut from the show be like the six topic. So then before people actually come and watch the show, I think they assume that it's a six man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or it's a female based show men not be big watching, but that could actually be the opposite, right, And I.
Speaker 3: Think it's really crazy with these ad companies as well, because, like you said, you just never know what we're gonna get or what people want to work with us, because honestly, being that we're so heavily with the women crowd, we don't get a lot of beauty as like a lot like makeup stuff like hair stuff. We really don't get a lot of stuff like that. We have one fashion company where like you could you know, have like a subscription service to get closed like one time, but most of the stuff is really.
Speaker 4: Like food, food stuff, mental health.
Speaker 3: Mental health stuff, stuff like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So, how have you guys been able to build your community because you got like a loyal fan base, supporters, you have a name for them, right, poor crew, poor oh you are So how a lot of people create content, but then everybody doesn't have like a community. So like, what's some of the ways that you've actually been able to cultivate and keep that community together.
Speaker 3: I feel like one of the major ways, and we always say these one of the major ways that we've been able to build such a large community. Is that for the first few years that we started doing Poor Minds, we never had guests on the show because we always wanted to make sure we were building a fan base of people who wanted to see us every week. I feel like a lot of the time, when people start off having huge guests on their show weekly, when you don't the week that you don't have a guess, the viewership falls off. So we wanted to make sure we were cultivating a space in a community of people that no matter who we had on the show, they're still gonna watch.
Speaker 4: So I feel like that was a major key.
Speaker 3: And another major one is we talk to our listeners like everybody acts like they too good to take twenty thirty minutes and just respond to comment, you know, talk back to people like I still do that. I engage with my listeners because I just started a new channel YouTube channel called love lex P, so I do like hot topics on there, and I'm like, y'all hashtag love lex P so we can talk about it together, you know what I'm saying. I think the engagement of feeling like, you know what lex Andrea cool. I can talk to them if I tweet four minds they gonna tweet me back. So I think it's like not feeling like you are a celebrity, you know what I'm saying, and really engaging with your audience helps a lot.
Speaker 4: We do that with.
Speaker 3: Travele Queens too. We live tweet every week. Yeah, Twitter, and when Trouble Queens is on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was wondering right that that community that you built, it obviously helps when Travel Queens is about the debut and people are supporting it. But when you guys at the debut for it, there was just like an overwhelming set and some emotion that I watched for y'all, I was like, this is interesting, talk about what that felt like in that moment to watch yourself on a big screen in your fancy and family there with you.
Speaker 3: That was the first time we watched the episode, and I think like in that moment, it really just kind of like hit me and I'm like, looking at her, I'm like, we really did that, because even while we were filming, it was like we were working and it did. I think in that moment it hit us because honestly, getting the party to the premiere party together, getting ready for everything, finding outfits and just hair and makeup all this stuff. We didn't really get to sit. So in that moment, I was like, Oh my gosh, like we really have a TV show.
Speaker 1: You was bo yeah together.
Speaker 4: I was trying.
Speaker 3: But honestly, I feel like it hit me at that moment as well, because when we were filming the show, I definitely felt like, oh my god, We're about to have a TV show. But that day, all of our friends being present, all of our family being present, seeing it on the big screen at the menu, I was just like wow, because we didn't know how it was gonna look. Idn't know it was gonna look like a little toob boot league. We didn't know what it was going to look like. And I'm like, oh, they got us looking really now, you know what I'm saying, Looking like nor yeah.
Speaker 5: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 4: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 5: I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported you will never But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 4: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,