Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Our two.
Speaker 2: On this Monday, Dan and the Dan It's Dan Patrick Show. We'll talk some football with Ross Tucker coming up in a little bit, some baseball with John Shambi, who is the play by play voice for the Mothership of the World Series. The Dodger's up too to Oh and if you're curious about the weather in the Bronx, it'll be clear and low fifties tonight. Speaking of a chill, Aaron Judge has eighty five strikeouts in two hundred and forty eight postseason plate appearances, so we's striking out thirty four percent of his plate appearances. That's the highest strikeout ratio of any player with at least two hundred postseason plate appearances in history. Stat of your Day, Sat of the Day, That past stat of the Day.
Speaker 3: Stat of the.
Speaker 4: Day, Here comes that What stat.
Speaker 2: Of the Day? Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Day Patrick Show. Go to Danpatrick dot com. Thank me later. These foliage flannels are awesome looking. I said to seton, where's mine? I think they're supposed to be in later today you can get yours order yours at danpatrick dot com. Also coming up, we'll tell you about the new calendar you'll be able to order as well. Play of the Day we had that last hour. There were quite a few things to choose from, whether it was baseball or the Hail Maryland Pass with Jaden Daniels to beat the Chicago Bears. We have football tonight, Giants at the Steelers, Steelers giving six, and then the Dodgers will be at the Yankees Game three. John Shambie's on the call. This is how it sounded with Freddie Freeman's grand Slam on Friday Night on ESPN.
Speaker 5: Cortes out of the stretch and a pitch swinging a dry right.
Speaker 1: Slam.
Speaker 4: Emma Dodgers take run.
Speaker 2: ESPN Radio, the exclusive audio home for the entire World Series, which can also be heard on the ESPN app and Serious XM Channel eighty. John boog Shombie joining us on the program. Any doubt about it, that grand.
Speaker 5: Slam man As soon as it left the bat, you knew right. I mean, I think that's one of the things with the call. As all of a sudden, my voice gets a little growley because I knew right, away, and I said, Holy cow, but I probably could have something else.
Speaker 2: A lot of times when you're doing radio, well, you're listening for sounds. You know, baseball is about the sound, and there are certain home runs that you know, certain guys hit a ball different than I always talk about Otani. His home runs sound different than anybody else that I've ever heard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so so, and I'm calling the game on the radio. I'm still, you know, pride myself on timing description. And you know, John Miller's a guy that helped me a lot early in my career.
Speaker 6: You know, now I do TV and radio.
Speaker 5: But with that call, one of the things I was happy about was I say, here's the pitch. I want the audience to know that the play is starting, that there's a little bit of a gap between here's the pitch and then the ball hits the bat. You get to hear the sound, and then my voice is mirroring the excitement of the crowd, as opposed to sometimes the ball hits the bat underneath your voice. You want to hear, you know, here's the two to two, and then the ball hits the bat and you're using the sounds from the park.
Speaker 3: I used to do that.
Speaker 2: When I did highlights on Sports Center, I wanted to time it. So if I said Maddox with the pitch, I wanted to have the pause, and then Bonds hits the home run, even though it was TV, even though you know it already happened, I wanted to have that time. I'ming part of that, and I think that's essential with radio is you don't want to hear something and go, wait, what happened, and then the play by play voice is trying to play catch up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're trying. That's exactly right, And so there's an element of it. The tip that I will give young radio broadcasters is you actually want to say here's the pitch a tiny bit before you think you do, because you can't say here's the pitch on time with the pitch coming because the ball's faster than your voice. So that's one of the components of doing it. And once you get into that space, it allows you to not chase the call.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the other end of the rainbow. With the Otani injury, when you saw that, like the crowd reaction to that, what was your first thought, Yeah.
Speaker 5: You gasp, And it was sort of a progression right, because he stayed down and he seemed like he was in some discomfort. And then you know, as they're helping him off and kind of stabilizing that left arm, you start to realize, Okay, this looks kind of serious. It felt like there was kind of a pall over the crowd in that spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I will tell you this, Dan, that I go in a spot like this where I don't love that because he's the star. The injury gets this World Series more attention in some regard. And I would also say this, it invites people into the space that want to start making predictions or thoughts on it. Whether he plays or he doesn't play. It's baseball. So one of the points I've made, and again I know that this isn't exactly we want to figure out. Is he going to play or is he not? Dan, the Dodgers need to win two games to win the World Series. They can win two games without Shoeyotani. They'll be fine. I mean, like, it's what, it's much easier with Shoeotani. But it's I know it's hard for people to die just this, but it's it'll be fine.
Speaker 2: But it's like the star of a movie gets killed in the first half of the movie with you.
Speaker 6: I totally get it. I get it.
Speaker 5: In terms of the story, I would I have a little bit of clinical, like sucking the fun out of sports and just telling you that, like Tommy Edmond get hit two homers tonight, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Okay, So the Yankees down two. Aaron Judge is struggling. Aaron Boone is married to analytics. I don't know if he's married more than other managers in your opinion.
Speaker 3: Can we can get to that in a moment.
Speaker 2: But if you're doing the analytics here, you're gonna bring in a guy who hadn't pitched in what five weeks? You got your lefty on lefty, but then you have the analytics that says that lefty is really good against lefties with the bases loaded. So explain Aaron Judge or Aaron Boone's logic here.
Speaker 5: Well, his logic though, is that is that it's a two hitter scenario and he's got to deal with That's there too, is I think what he's.
Speaker 6: What he's contemplating.
Speaker 5: So I think that you can assume you can't assume getting Otani necessarily and you're not gonna love the idea of Tim Hill facing the righty. I think that's the argument in that spot that it is. I will tell you this, if the rules were not three batter minimum, I think it's Tim Hill against Otani and then he switches out. But in this instance, I think that because there's there's that he's gonna have to face two hitters. I think that he's scared in that spot of Hill against the right hander. And so yes, I still understand the argument of a guy who hasn't thrown a pitch in competition in basically six weeks.
Speaker 6: So I do I do get it.
Speaker 2: John Shanbe will be on the call for The Mothership, the Voice of the World Series on ESPN Radio. Can you explain has anybody explained why Aaron Judge gets to the postseason and doesn't look like Goliath?
Speaker 6: I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 5: You know, we used to have a conversation about Barry Bonds until we didn't and I would say, look, one of the most famous books going on this topic is from a sport that you know and love, and you're a shooter, you know, and it's called the hot hand. And so ultimately he's cold until he's not. You know, look, we talked about sho hey Otani with runners in scoring position. He was nineteen for twenty two with runners in scoring position, Dan full stop. Do you know what he was his previous thirty at bats of the runers and scoring position zero thirty.
Speaker 3: Oh okay. So yeah.
Speaker 5: The thing is, no one is capable of seeing it in real time. No one is capable of seeing he's cold and now he's hot. The results just happened. So I don't know what to tell you. I'll tell you this much. He's going to get hot. I just don't know whether it's going to be in this World Series or it's going to be a twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: But he didn't get bad.
Speaker 2: Breakout star for the Dodgers is who so far? Maybe maybe we didn't expect.
Speaker 5: I think you'd have to say Tommy Edmund. But I would tell you also that I think that the one come. You know, as much as the focus is going to be on Judge, somebody else besides the three dudes are going to have to do something six through nine, three for twenty nine. I went into this series feeling like the advantage the Dodgers had offensively is that if you take out the three monsters on each team. The Yankees don't have a Max Munsey at taoscar Hernandez and now Tommy Edmond's stepping up. He gave Hernandez been one of the best postseason performers in recent memory. So the supplementary players is a big advantage Dodgers.
Speaker 2: I loved watching the shot from behind with Yamamoto to see the movement on his pitches. I don't know if he reminds you of anybody, but it's rare to see that much. He almost at times has too much movement and trying to control it.
Speaker 5: And he's small, right, he's five ten. I get a chance on the workout day he does this activity and I was standing just waiting, and I was in the second to the top level and I was in the left field corner and he does this workout Yamamoto does where he takes these five rubber javelins and he throws them from the left field corner to deep left center and he's throwing all of them, not with like a crow hop, it's basically one step and he lands all of them within a two foot radius, throwing them two hundred feet and then the other funny part that was hysterical is that the other fifteen pitchers down there, including injured guys, are not even looking at him. It's not Hey, there's a guy throwing a javelin on the They're not even paying attention to it. And he's out there doing something that I assume is you know, extension or getting over his front side whatever. But he's a pretty special talent.
Speaker 3: Why aren't the other pitchers doing what he's doing?
Speaker 6: I'm doing it today.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to you, Boog, Thanks for joining us, Thanks for having me, Dan. That's John boog Shamby Voice of the World Series on ESPN. You can hear it on Series x eighty and the exclusive home of the World Series. So Jessica Mendoza and Buster one Eduardo Perez will be on the call as well. Seaton poll question results from our one what are we going to go with?
Speaker 3: An hour two? This pole question is ambitious, Dan, ambitious.
Speaker 7: Worst weekend might be the most options we've ever had for a bad weekend. Your options are Maddieberflus and the Bears coaching. Bears cornerback Tyreek Stevenson, Colts quarterback Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 3: L's use playoff chances.
Speaker 7: See Yeah, Yankees pitcher Nester Quartz Ravens losing at one in six, Browns, Dak and the Cowboys, the Dwayne Wade statue maker, oh no, and the New York Jets.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of options. I'm gonna say, I'm gonna surprise you. I'm gonna surprise you. I'm I'm gonna say the Dwayne Wade statue because that's permanent. Like the Bears lost, they move on Aaron Rodgers, and the Jets they move on Dak in the like the statue is permanent. So I would say the statue is probably my worst of the weekend.
Speaker 7: The statue maker is currently in second place, just ahead of Matty Eberflut's and the Bears coaches just ahead of it. That's basically a tie those two. There's one that has twice as many votes as Dwayne Wade statue.
Speaker 3: Well, you know both are forever.
Speaker 2: The Bears loss is forever, yes, because that'll always be played, replayed over and over Jade and Daniels throughout his career, Bears in a facing a hail Mary situation, that'll be played. It'll be played forever. But that statue is also forever as well.
Speaker 8: Yes, Paul, the Bears found a way to have two spots out of eight on the worst of the weekend.
Speaker 3: Paul, that's a first a player and then coaching. Stant We had to separate it. It was that bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we'll get to more phone calls coming up. Eight seven to seven, three DP show best and worst of the weekend. When we come back, our good buddy Ross Tucker will stop by. We'll recap college football. Paul fine Bomb, Paul fine Bomb will join us. I have the odds for the number one overall pick in the draft from DraftKings. I'm going to have that for you coming up. I have updated Super Bowl odds, and I have some prop bets for tonight's game. It's the Giants getting six against the Steelers over unders thirty.
Speaker 9: Six and a half, thirty six and a half. Marvin, what are we doing?
Speaker 10: Another one for baseball?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one feels like twenty to sixteen something like that.
Speaker 10: You know what, Dodgers, Yankees? Yet, who's gonna score more?
Speaker 3: All right, well, take a break.
Speaker 2: Ross Tucker, who was on the call for the Cleveland Browns and the Baltimore Ravens, is Jamis Winston a good quarterback.
Speaker 3: We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Before we get to Ross Tucker odds on being the number one overall pick next year's draft according to DraftKings, Marvin, I'll start.
Speaker 10: With you seeing that.
Speaker 3: That is correct.
Speaker 2: Second best odds to be the number one overall pick, Paul, Travis Hunter, No, Todd alright, Travis also.
Speaker 3: Seaton, Uh, have his trunter? Have his trunter.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: If you said Carson Beck, you'd be wrong. If you said Quinn Ewers.
Speaker 3: You would be wrong.
Speaker 2: Jalen Milroe, if you said cam Ward, you would be correct.
Speaker 10: I say, well, saying cam Ward, you didn't hear me.
Speaker 3: You got to turn on your microphone. I said it. So it shaudor.
Speaker 2: Sanders one, cam Ward two, then Travis Hunter.
Speaker 8: Yes, Paul, I would short some of these bets because I don't think a quarterback's going number one. Carolina's got the top pick, then Tennessee, then New England.
Speaker 3: You can trade it. Yeah, they've been trading these picks.
Speaker 8: Is anyone trade Worthy.
Speaker 2: Ross Tucker, CBS Sports Westwood. He won the Ross Tucker Football Podcast, College Football NFL analyst. He was in the booth Ravens Browns. Check him out on social media at Ross Tucker NFL. Okay, did Jamis Winston beat the Ravens.
Speaker 4: He did, but.
Speaker 11: He also got very very fortunate Dan. I mean, they dropped a number of would be interceptions, including maybe two of the worst dropped interceptions I've seen in a long time. On the first drive of the game, Jamis had a miscommunication with a receiver, Dan, he threw it right to Eddie Jackson, the Ravens safety, and it bounced off his chest. And then the last drive of the game, which everybody saw, he way overthrew. I think it was Elijah Moore again, and Kyle Hamilton, who's like the Ravens' best player, certainly best defensive player, right in his hands and dropped it. I think I just saw online they said only one quarterback has four touchdowns and no interceptions this year, and as Jamis wins, it just kind of cracked me up because he very easily could have had three or four, but he didn't.
Speaker 4: Sow power to him.
Speaker 2: I think these defensive players are thinking, well, he's not going to throw the ball right like they're shot that somebody is that far off target where they're like, oh my god, he hit me right in the hands. I you know, we get on the Ravens bandwagon, everybody's all on this is going to be sustainable, not only regular season, postseason, and then they have a game like this. This is what worries me about the Ravens. I want to be all in on him because I like when they have that run and pass option there and Derrick Henry.
Speaker 3: Are they a great team?
Speaker 11: I think they're very close to being a great Everything you just said, Dan, I agree with it. Look, I have him as a top five team in my power rankings, and I know they lost yesterday, but man, I mean even on offense, they had some of the most brutal drops Nelson Aguilar, Rashad Bateman like the Sun guy in his eyes. I mean, I can't remember a team that dropped that many passes offense and defense that were right in their hands like that. But just preparing Dan for the game yesterday, Lamar Jackson's playing significantly better than he did the two years he was MVP, which is really saying something.
Speaker 4: And then what they did.
Speaker 11: Was they took last year's MVP, Lamar Jackson. He's gotten better because it's year two in Todd Munkin system. He's more comfortable all those things. And then they added a Hall of Fame running back who's still playing at a Hall of Fame level in dere Rrick Henry. I think the Ravens are really good. I think they're going to be in this thing until the end. Wouldn't be surprised if they make a move before the trade deadline. But I think they have a terrific chance to go to the Super Bowl from the AFC. But it's kind of like the Bills, you know, until the Bills of the Ravens, until Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, until they beat Mahomes and the Chiefs in the.
Speaker 4: Playoffs, no one they's going to believe they can do it.
Speaker 3: But that's I think that's where we are with the NFL.
Speaker 2: We know Mahomes and the Chiefs can do it, we don't know if anybody else can. Because I said this about the Cowboys for years, I don't care how many you win during the regular season, can you win in the postseason? The Niners. You have the greatest offensive miners your head coach, I want to see you win a Super Bowl. Baltimore, man, they're unbelievable. During the regular season, I don't care. Show me what you can do with a game on the line. I always want to see, can you win a game when you're not playing your best? And that is going to be the challenge for some of these teams. Now, the Commanders I liked a lot at the beginning.
Speaker 6: Of the year.
Speaker 2: I didn't think they were going to win the division, but I thought Jayden Daniels made them different than Dan Quinn. What happened at the end of that game. Explain that from let's start with the coaching with the Bears of what you're taught and how that play played out.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 11: So I think this is important Dan, because it's funny, you know, I do the Eagles preseason games. They go over these two plays, the play before.
Speaker 4: The Hail Mary and the Hail Mary the day before every game.
Speaker 11: The day before every preseason game, they go over these situations. So I thought iber Flus messed up drastically by just giving them the twelve yard out for free with six seconds left. Because Daniels would not have been able to reach the end zone without getting those extra ten twelve yards there.
Speaker 4: So that was the first.
Speaker 11: Mistake, and that was a coaching mistake because they need to be up there more.
Speaker 4: You can't just give them. Look, if they complete it in the field of play, the game is over.
Speaker 11: You have to have two guys on the outside at about ten yards. You can let them complete anything inside of that.
Speaker 3: So it's so obvious.
Speaker 2: Why did Romo's telling us this is what's going to happen. All you gotta do is play the sidelines, make them if they catch something, it won't be twelve yards and it might be in the field to play game over. Tony is saying, hey, I'm gonna get twelve or thirteen. Daniels didn't even get to the end zone when they moved it up twelve or thirteen yards. You know it got tipped into the end zone. So if we know it, Tony's telling us, why didn't the Bears do this?
Speaker 11: That is a question for Matt Eberflus because I am shocked that he didn't have a couple guys up there to try to make sure they couldn't just get a ten yard out.
Speaker 4: You in that situation.
Speaker 11: I think when they got when he went out of bounds, there's two seconds left. You can almost let them do anything else on the play before the hail Mary. Then get a ten to fifteen yard out like the Bears let them do.
Speaker 4: And then the actual hail Mary. I mean forget.
Speaker 11: I mean you're probably asking, but the Stevenson kid, I have no idea what was going through his head in that moment. But the thing that's really stunning to me. Number one, they're taught to knock it down. He tipped it up. You never ever ever tip it up. You try to bat it down. And then secondly, the defense is always supposed to have because they have the numbers, they don't have five offensive linemen up there blocking, so the defense is always supposed to have one guy in front of everybody, another guy behind everybody, and then the other two or three guys are the ones jumping up and trying to bat it down. They had nobody behind anything too, Dan and I said this on social media, and I saw that Aaron glennon the Lion did it last week. In that situation. The Bears rushed four, but the one guy didn't really rush. He was kind of spying Jade Daniels. It's his job, right, it's his job. You want Jane Daniels to run. His job is supposed to be the late insert. Okay, so three guys rush. The fourth guy is supposed to come late wherever the opening is, wherever Daniel and come and collision Daniels one. He's about to throw it. He didn't do that, He just like stood there. But my bigger issue is if you rush five, Daniels.
Speaker 4: Does not have that much time. Whatever value you're.
Speaker 11: Getting in dropping seven, I promise you're better off dropping six.
Speaker 4: If we all know it's a hail Mary. Having a fifth guy rush, Daniels.
Speaker 11: Never even then has the time to get the ball off down the field in that situation.
Speaker 2: Ross Tucker Ross Tucker Football Podcast. Which team doesn't have a chance for the postseason? Jets, Bengals, Cowboys, the Jets.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the Jets are done. I don't care about their schedule moving forward. And this is going to be one of the more interesting teardowns that we've ever seen. I mean, then they're going to be playing the second half of the year where they're basically playing out the string with a first ballot Hall of fame quarterback, maybe a First Ball Hall of Fame receiver.
Speaker 4: This doesn't happen very often.
Speaker 11: It's gonna get real, real awkward in New York really soon. Yes, theoretically they could go eight to one in their last nine games and go Tenants have to make the playoffs.
Speaker 10: That's not happening.
Speaker 4: They're not doing I mean to lose that game.
Speaker 11: This has got to be and this is saying a lot for Jets fans. This has to be the most disappointing year to ever be a Jets fan. I can still see, you know, the Bengals and the Cowboys at least have three wins. The Jets only have two, and I can see a picture to them winning ten and maybe getting in. For the Jets, it's just gonna get crazy, ugly. There's no more moves to be made. It's gonna be entertaining for some people, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, but then you're entertaining bringing Rogers back for one more year, to run it back one more time.
Speaker 11: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: No for what Because if I'm a coach, I don't want this job. If I have Aaron Rodgers for one year coming off this year, how are you going to track somebody where they go, hey, this will be great for They're gonna do one one more year, maybe with Aaron, and then it's a rebuild or maybe it's a rebuild at the end of this season, because you're right now, they have the fourth pick in the draft.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think I think they probably cut bait and move on. Because this is also dan the last year of the contract for Joe Douglas, their general manager. So you're gonna get a new head coach and a new GM, and you're gonna saddle them with a forty something year old quarterback that isn't what he used to be, that looks old as a player and wants to be in charge of that. This was his year to be in charge. This was his year to be the one dictating things. You cannot do that if you're the Jets. I think they're all gone. I think it's a new head coach, a new they draft their own quarterback. They probably try to get Shador Sanders. I'll be very curious to see how Dion feels about that. And look, there's a lot of things about that that he would like. The New York part of it, there's a lot to like there, but Dion probably wants to handpick the head coach in GM. This is I mean, just knowing the Jets organization a little bit. Maybe maybe with Dion, he tells Carolina some of their teams. He doesn't want Shador to go there, and maybe he dictates who the head coach and GM are of the Jets.
Speaker 4: Maybe Dion's the head.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I'm I don't I'm not a hot take guy. If you're the Jets, would you entertain Let's say you have the opportunity to draft his son, because you got to get both of them. You can't hire Dion and then you don't get his son. Uh, And I'm gonna assume you're gonna have a head coach before the draft. But is that crazy to think Dion coaching in the NFL coaching his son.
Speaker 11: I don't think it's crazy. You think Dion coaching in the NFL or coaching his son. I don't think it is what, Uh, the elite organizations, the good organizations in the NFL would do.
Speaker 3: So that means the Jets can do it.
Speaker 4: It sounds a lot like something that Jets would do.
Speaker 11: And look, Jets fan, Jets fans think I don't hate Jets fans like I love Jets fan.
Speaker 4: You guys are so loyal with getting so overgar.
Speaker 11: But let's be honest, Like when you look at the Jets Underwoody Johnson, that's the type of move they would make. They kind of like the flash, they like the splash, they like being.
Speaker 4: Talked about, they like the excitement. I think they would.
Speaker 11: Like the idea of having Deon Sanders' coach in Shador Sanders' quarterback. And by the way, on some level, Dan in terms of like hope and turning the page, that would be a heck of a way to turn the page from the Aaron Rodgers error.
Speaker 3: Great to talk to you, Thank you, Roboys.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Then that's our good buddy, Ross Tucker, CBS Sports Westwood One and you can check him out. His social media is at Ross Tucker, NFL. Barry in Santa fe ec S.
Speaker 12: Good morning fellows, good morning chat bro.
Speaker 13: Luckily, for the past month and a half, I've been focused on the Mets and a beautiful traveling troup through New England. Paul, I get why you love Vermont, So I wasn't really concentrating on how bad the Jets really really are now I have to yesterday, I mean, come on and to make matters worse three days from now, and we're going to get the butts kicked against the Texans on my birthday. Oh man, when does spring training store? Let's go Islanders.
Speaker 2: Thank you Berry, Adam and Pennsylvania. Hi Adam, what's on your mind?
Speaker 12: Hey Dan? First time, long time six to two, slim, one seventy slam. No worst of the weekend, but my best Jamus Winston over three hundred yards, three touchdowns and making the Browns offense a little bit fun to watch. Finally, Oh I got.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you Adam, all I got. Thank you Raj in Chicago. Hey Roj, welcome back, Good.
Speaker 14: Morning, mister pass Thanks for taking the call. My best and worst for the week. That's definitely the best. Kicking that led. That was good to see, especially being a Packers fan. And then my worst, uh Indiana fever fire and that coach. I just don't understand how and why, I mean, trying to make the lead relevant and you're firing coach after the team hasn't been some playoffs eight years. So yeah, that's my worst.
Speaker 3: Man, all right? Thank you, Ron.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there is an obvious candidate here to placer.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paulie.
Speaker 8: A lot of people are speculating, not reporting speculating. Stephanie White, the head coach of the Connecticut Sun, is in place, in place, which is why you would. And by the way, the fever announced that they were parting ways, they never use the word fired, of course.
Speaker 10: Like like the like.
Speaker 3: The coach said, yeah, I'll be fine with that.
Speaker 8: I'd be no problem with that.
Speaker 10: Mway.
Speaker 2: I didn't fire ESPN. I parted ways with ESPN. Yeah, when I said.
Speaker 3: Goodbye, be awesome if you like you know what ESPN? I fire you?
Speaker 2: Yes, And I could have I fired you, because really that's what it was. I said, Uh, I'm not going to work here anymore. I'm going to fire you. I parted ways is what we did, all right? When we come back. Best and Worst of the weekend, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app Seaton.
Speaker 3: Would you update the poll results so far?
Speaker 7: I'd be happy to Dan. We have a lot of options here for you. Who had the worst week? Matt eberfluts and the Bears, Bear's cornerback Terreek Stevenson, Colts quarterback Anthony Richardson, LSU's playoff chances, Yankees pitcher Nester Cortes. It goes on and on, it goes on and on and on. I didn't even get through half of them. Right now, the Dwayne Wade statue makers leading. He's got about thirty percent of the vote, followed by the Jets who are just ahead of Matt Eberfluts and the Bears coaches and Bears cornerback Terry Stevenson.
Speaker 2: Adam in La Adam, thanks for holding best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 15: Hey, Happy Monday, DP Dan at slightly long winded take this morning. I appreciate it. Worst of the weekend was the Jets losing to the Patriots, So embrace that darkness, Rogers. And that's now tied with what I found out this morning when I woke up and turn on the show that Shay got a dinner invite. That sounds like a great evening, very peaceful, delightful, shade cowboy dinner conversation that you and the wife are going to have so enjoy. And then bes to the weekend for me was my father turned seventy six, lifelong Dodger man from East LA raised me as a Fernando fan. I had him over for dinner drinks. We had a great night together watching maybe the best World Series game ever. I said it after the intentional walk of Mookie Bet that this is setting up to be a perfect Hollywood ending with all that Freddie Freeman has been through this season with his son's help, struggling recently with the ankle injury not looking good at all in the NLCS, so then hitting a walk off Grand Slam and extra innings of a World Series game set up play by play was perfect by Joe Davis. Was the same as Vin Scullies called Kurt Gibson's walk off in eighty eight just an amazing, amazing moment for me and my father to spend together. It was very special. I always cherish it. You guys have a great week. Thanks DP, You're the best.
Speaker 2: Thank you Adam. Congratulations getting those moments. I had a moment with my son yesterday, found out I'm going to be a grandfather again. My grand daughter comes out, she's got a sweater on. It says big sister. Well I don't I'm not even reading it. She just walks out and then she's like a year and a half and says Big Sister. And then my son goes, j you see her sweater? I said, yeah, I love the color. Like He's I don't know. I'm thinking maybe this is a new brand called Big Sister. And I'm going, yeah, I love that color on her. And he goes, no, did you read it? And I go yeah, yeah, And then all of a sudden, my wife and I would go alrighty, congratulations. So best and worst to the weekend. Just a best for me, Todd, I'll start with you best and worst of the weekend?
Speaker 10: Best Adam and La just nailed it. As obvious as it may be.
Speaker 16: The Grand Slam by Freddy Freeman, who walk it off worst of the weekend than now ohn A Kent State Golden Flashes need to be relegated in some fashion. They lost fifty two to twenty one at Western Michigan Sally, adding up the final scores of all their losses three hundred and seventy three to one hundred and thirty six. They've given up at least fifty two points five times, with earlier losses back to back against Tennessee and Penn State. Those scores seventy one nothing and fifty six nothing Kent State get out of the college football business.
Speaker 2: It feels a little overkill there time. I mean, I think you piled on it.
Speaker 10: Needed to be sick.
Speaker 3: Okay, three hundred.
Speaker 10: And seventy three points.
Speaker 3: They've given up Seaton Best and worst of the weekend needed to be set.
Speaker 7: My best of the weekend. You're Arizona Cardinals. Feels like they've really turned the corner.
Speaker 2: They're kind of there. I don't think they're a good team, but they stayed in the moment.
Speaker 7: It feels better, though, doesn't it. I think it feels a lot better. Kyler's playing well. It seems like he's finally on the same page with Marvin Harrison Junior. That seems to be trending upward in a pretty good way. Beating the Dolphins is a great wine.
Speaker 2: Okay, do the Dolphins get to the point where they bench Toua just because they're not going to make the playoffs? Like, would you leave him out there? You know you owe him over one hundred million dollars? Do you put him out there and then you run the risk? Or then use say no, well we're gonna wait till next year and hold our breath. The Dolphins might be facing that dilemma coming up. All right, do you have your worst of the weekend?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, My worst of.
Speaker 7: The weekend is, unfortunately the New York Jets. That is just a disaster and just a spectacular failure with a lot of eyeballs coming into the season.
Speaker 2: And who's gonna want that job? I don't want that job? Okay, Hey, do you want this job? We got a first ballot Hall of Fame quarterback and a first ballot Hall of Fame wide receiver. Maybe nope, nope, Well there's only thirty two of these.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 2: Do you think Ben Johnson the offensive coordinator for the jay It feels like he's walking into this or maybe the Cowboys because the Lions are putting up some points, Marvin.
Speaker 3: Best and worst of the weekend? All right?
Speaker 10: Best of the weekend?
Speaker 17: Friday night in Los Angeles, the Dodgers beat the Yankees, the Lakers beat the Suns.
Speaker 10: Hey they got a coach. Usc beat Rutgers and Garfield beat Roosevelt.
Speaker 15: Told you.
Speaker 3: I told you dogs. Yeah, let's go Bulldogs. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 10: Worse of the weekend.
Speaker 17: I was at this game, Navy getting just molly WoT by Notre Dame. Well, they just said there's a huge difference between us and you guys. Yeah, and they proved it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I hope Barbie puts up a little better fight at the Yankee Stadium coming up in a couple of weeks. All right, Paul, Best and worst of the weekend?
Speaker 10: I have two best.
Speaker 8: Kansas State Kansas tight game for Kansas State, a real challenge by Kansas. They needed a field goal Chris Tennant, their field goal kicker, fifty one yard go ahead field goal. That was a nice play by him. And then Indiana Hoosiers football. Great weekend for them against Washington, nice clean win. They needed everything from their defense. D'Angelo Pond's two picks. The fun name to say, D'Angelo Pons for the Hoosiers.
Speaker 2: All right, LSU lost against Texas A and m Mike Elko is the Texas A and M head coach. Let's try to play the who is Mike Elko talking about after the win.
Speaker 18: We're very honest, we're very open, and this is a real program. It's not fake. It's not a politician running this program talking fast and BS and everybody. This is a real program and for all the recruits out there, this is a real place, and if you want to be really good at football, this is a really good place to be.
Speaker 2: Who is Mike Elko talking about? Could it be Jimbo Fisher, former A and M head coach. Could it be Dion Sanders? Do we have any other candidates?
Speaker 6: Paul?
Speaker 3: Well, he just.
Speaker 8: Beat Brian Kelly of LSU. But I'm not sure if that'd be an apt description.
Speaker 2: But well, Brian Kelly, because of the accent, is not a fast talking guy. Well, because I haven't won all of my games yet, So.
Speaker 3: I'll put him on the board though it's a possible on the board.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, I put him on the board too. That's so far of all the options I'm hearing that. I mean, I guess that makes sense. It makes just as much sense as like Dion.
Speaker 2: Well, Paul Finebaum's going to join us next hour, Yes, Todd, But why would he be.
Speaker 16: Taking a shot at Brian Kelly number one? He just beat him number two? Is there some kind of direct rivalry between texting and him and LSU? Then he needs to take a shot at.
Speaker 2: This felt like it was Jimbo Fisher used to be there. But the more I'm hearing about fast talking that it was Dion PAULI.
Speaker 8: Yeah, going back to Mike Elko and the connection to Brian Kelly. Brian Kelly, Mike Elcho was a defensive assistant Notre Dame in twenty seventeen for one year and one year only under Brian Kelly and left to go to A and M Well, possible disgruntation.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't know that some type of there's a hook. No, they need to be made aware.
Speaker 2: There's more of a hook with Jimbo Fisher who he just took over for.
Speaker 7: But he talks about like in that say he's like, this is a real program over here.
Speaker 3: Doesn't he use the words over here? Year Yeah, well Jimbo Fisher was over there, then maybe it's Dion play it again.
Speaker 18: We're very honest, we're very open, and this is a real program. It's not fake. It's not a politician running this program talking fast and bs and everybody.
Speaker 10: This is a real programming.
Speaker 3: Okay, did the reporters say, coach who you're talking about if they don't even play Colorado? I don't and they're not even in the same conference and.
Speaker 10: Did he lose recruits for coach?
Speaker 3: Who are you talking about? Final hour on the way.
Speaker 2: On this Monday, Paul Feinebaum will join us on loan from the Mothership