Speaker 1: Welcome to your Second Date Update podcast.
Speaker 2: I gotta say I'm wrapping the shirt today, the sweatshirt, you are. I get more compliments on my Second Date Update merch for a Cause than any that we've ever done.
Speaker 1: Probably that's so cute. Yeah, I personally love the crew neck.
Speaker 2: But do you We got a hooded sweatshirt and we got a T shirt. They will only be available for a limited time at one hundred percent of proceeds go to the charity Convoy for Hope. So again, hit that link up in the notes and we got some comments, some great listener comments before we get to the podcast. Yeah, I'm thinking of our listener Roger Alverado today because he said he's listening on the toilet right now.
Speaker 1: And that was the other day, so I wonder where he is today for the second day, same time every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a system.
Speaker 1: I tell my husband all the time.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, there's no way you have to go at the same time every day.
Speaker 1: Wait till you have to go. And Roger, do you listen to us the whole time you're in there? Is like part of it, you know. I got questions and maybe stays for a long time.
Speaker 3: Radio I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it all right, Hey, thanks for being here again, and let's get this started. It's your second date update only right here on Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Second date Update. Are you guys up to mission impossible? With me and a listener today?
Speaker 1: I'm I'm into it.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do? Are you gonna hang from a ceiling? Or you're gonna jump out of a plan?
Speaker 4: Her name is Sasha And if this call doesn't go well, we might have to wear dark outfits and black hats. Yes, and Brook, do you have any peanut butter you want to smear all over your face?
Speaker 1: I always I probably have some on my face for my breakfast.
Speaker 2: Still this morning, I usually do a peanut butter and still because.
Speaker 4: We do, we might need a camo and go covert here, but yes, because we could be on a reconnaissance mission today. That all started with the first date, which ended up at a guy's place you leave their girl. We're gonna find out first. Let's welcome Sasha to the show. Sasha, how you doing?
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm better now that I'm talking to somebody about this.
Speaker 3: So I imagine you were like hiding somewhere in his house, like I.
Speaker 1: Need you, I have my kip. You ready, let's go.
Speaker 4: We're ready for action. So start at the beginning, Sasha, tell us what happened with this guy?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: I met this guy named Marcus online. Okay, and aside from like me, is super attractive, like Paul and like Caulled all the stuff. And I was like, I'm really into tennant and he's really into tendans. So that was the one thing that I was like, Okay, So we started talking or whatever, and he was like thinking of stuff that was kind of out the box. And so there was like a local festival. I don't know how. I'm sure you'll heard of the dinal drunk Fest, right, So what.
Speaker 6: Drunk fest?
Speaker 1: I want to go? Do you get drunk and roar like a segastory you get.
Speaker 5: Drunk, but I'm like the drunk fest, but it's the drink fest where you get drunk, you feel me? You got it?
Speaker 4: Have you this more?
Speaker 2: Because I know if I'm following, where are the dinosaurs come into play?
Speaker 5: I'm a little hungover. I can't even lie a little hungover because I did I did go out last night. Anyway, It's like this festival where everybody wears like these inflatable t Rex costumes. Okay, I thought it was a little weird, but I was just like, you know what, I'm really attracted to him and let's do something.
Speaker 2: But he's still attracted to a guy who shows up to your dating an inflatable t Rex costume.
Speaker 5: Fun.
Speaker 4: She's also supposed to be in the t Rex costume too, so.
Speaker 1: It's well, could you share one so that it's like you're hanging out.
Speaker 5: Still that idea.
Speaker 4: This is some hot Jurassic action that we're about to get into. So how did it go?
Speaker 5: So we're going drinking in the outfits and then like for some reason they had a rock wall. Now imagine like the whole costume is plastic and you have like kind of like climb a wall, so like you we're falling.
Speaker 2: It was had not about when you land, yeah, because it depends on how much you've drunk too.
Speaker 1: Did you do the rock waller? Is this just something he did?
Speaker 2: He did?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: And I was like, you know what, I've had enough of dinal world, Like.
Speaker 3: Let's go. But good for you. You went on your comfort zone for a whole.
Speaker 1: Hour hour and a half and it sounds like you had fun and you had.
Speaker 3: A good time.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I had a good time, but I did it, Okay, still.
Speaker 2: Proud of you, and he still liked him because you guys left together, Okay.
Speaker 5: He was like, well, you want to go back to my place, and I'm like yeah. Then he mentioned like having some more drinks and would be like I needed more to drink, but whatever, let's just get out.
Speaker 3: Of here and like, yo, get drunk at your house.
Speaker 2: Usually that's like decisions like this is why the dinosaurs don't.
Speaker 1: Roam the earth.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's how you end up back at Marcus's Apartay, yes.
Speaker 5: So we go back. We're chilling more dreams, end up watching movie till like eventually after a while, I'm like, I didn't realized. It was like three o'clock in the morning. I get up at six to go to work.
Speaker 1: Oh day, don't you sleep at that point? No, you're not sober at work the next.
Speaker 4: Day, I can tell you that, So what do you do?
Speaker 6: So I ordered uber, I rushed out.
Speaker 5: So then the next day get to work realize, oh my god, I left my earrings and they were like not just some ordinary earrings, they're like my diamond stud earring.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean you were on a date, so you probably wore the good stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I don't even have any good stuff, so good for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So I reached out to him and like, no reply.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it's the worst two because you leave it actually on accident and everyone assumes you're doing it so that the guy calls you again and you're like, no, honestly.
Speaker 3: She may honestly told his friends like, guys, she purposely left her stuff here flagged. They're all probably telling him, dude, that's not a good you.
Speaker 1: Guys talk to their friends about that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: It's more like, dude, she took my hoodie.
Speaker 4: This is working well, So where are you at with Marcus?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: Well, after a while I was like, okay, no, lood are my earrings I need?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 5: So he didn't. He never replied back, and I just went back to his house and I rang the doorbell and like and what I ring the doorbell and somebody else answer the door.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 5: It was a guy, all right, And I was like, because the one was there the night before and he never said anything about a roommate. And I said, hey, you know I'm looking for Marcus. I was here last night. I left my ear rings and he hadn't take me back. And they were like, I don't know what you talk about, Marcus.
Speaker 1: What were they were playing dumb? Was it a joke?
Speaker 5: I mean, if they were playing dumb, they were a really good actor, because he was just like, I don't know what you talk about.
Speaker 4: Well, you have been drinking for like many many hours in a dinosaur costume, and after that too.
Speaker 1: So what are you thinking? Like wrong door? Is that what you mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Probably wrong with but so okay, now we're gonna call Marcus for you and try and help you get your earrings back. Do you want a date too?
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm open to it. I just kind of really want to know why did he like hurt me like that?
Speaker 2: Like why does no one else want to know who the random guy in his house was.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if that wasn't.
Speaker 3: I think we all assume it's the wrong house, right, I don't know.
Speaker 4: We have a lot of questions to ask this guy. Once we get him on the phone, we're gonna come back and try and get you your second date update. Right after this second date update, if you're just joining us for the second date update. We have two objectives today. The main objective recovering some precious belongings. We're putting love on the back seat just for the beginning, because we need to help Sasha get her ear rings back.
Speaker 2: Her diamonds more than just ear rings, Seriously, it's so important.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize, but she left them at a guy named Marcus's apartment after they hung out all night. And the weird part was she texted him to get them act he didn't respond to her, so she actually physically went to his place the next day and a different guy answered his door and said, I don't know, Marcus. Marcus doesn't live here.
Speaker 5: Do you think he.
Speaker 1: Moved moved out in the middle of the night.
Speaker 4: Is it possible you scared him completely out of his own building? Sasha, I doubt that.
Speaker 5: Like, we had a really good night, and I don't know why he wouldn't like take me back. I'm like, did he sell them? Like, I don't know it's where the.
Speaker 3: Guys like I have no idea what you're talking about, too.
Speaker 4: She had said she was drinking a lot, so we don't even know if it was the right place that she went back to a lot of things to answer. So let's just call Marcus if this actually is Marcus's number, and see what he has to say. But here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking for Marcus.
Speaker 6: H who's calling.
Speaker 4: We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Pretty fun, good morning.
Speaker 4: You could tell by the tone of my co host voice how fun we are.
Speaker 3: I'm the fun one. What's up market, Marcus?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show. I did sound like you or when I said that. Yeah, okay, Marcus, are you there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry to like barge in on your life like this, but we're doing something called the Second Date Update, and we're trying to help me.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: We're we're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners named Sasha that you actually went on a date with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, drink it with Dino's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was crazy crazy.
Speaker 3: It was kind of a crazy night.
Speaker 2: Well, we also heard you went up a rock wall and a trap, so I think crazy suits the event.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was. I was messed up that night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we heard, we heard there was some positives and some also negatives from the date. Because Sasha said that she left her ear rings at your apartment and texted you about it and you never responded.
Speaker 6: She tried to pull on those Cinderella acts on me.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, Marcus.
Speaker 2: It was not a move. It was not like a ploy to get you to call her back. She honestly forgot them.
Speaker 4: But what did you what did you call it a Cinderella act?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I'm sorry, were you there?
Speaker 1: But I talked to her.
Speaker 2: I talked to her, and I can tell that, like, okay, listen, if if a woman leaves something at your house and it's all an act, it's not going to be her diamond ear rings.
Speaker 1: It's something that she could totally toss.
Speaker 4: We don't know they're real diamonds, exactly.
Speaker 6: I don't have a diamond I don't have a diamond detector. I don't know if their real diamonds, But not the less, I know she left them intentionally at my house. I know this.
Speaker 1: Why why you know?
Speaker 4: How do you know that?
Speaker 6: How do I know this? I can tell like it happened to me before.
Speaker 3: Well, it's happened to all of us dudes. But imagine if it really is an accident.
Speaker 6: Bro, Listen, she can have an ear rings back. I don't want them. Well, what the heck I need them for?
Speaker 1: Then why aren't you texting her bag?
Speaker 6: The reason why I haven't touched the back because I don't want her showing up at my house that she did the other day.
Speaker 1: Your house.
Speaker 4: We okay, she told us that she actually went back to get the ear rings that but somebody else answered the door that you didn't live there.
Speaker 6: No even know you exactly. That's my little younger brother. I gave him instructions, well what to say, what to do when I'm not wrong?
Speaker 1: Now I just give her the earring.
Speaker 6: Yes, true, Listen, she just popped over my house on some shady like she It was just listen, you didn't even get the text messages.
Speaker 4: You know that she's doing it on purpose, just to try and like get back into your life and trying to get an another date with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yes, and she would have gotten another date if she did not pull this stunt.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not a stunt.
Speaker 4: We don't look, we don't really know what the intentions were behind it. The only thing we can do at this point is bring Sasha on the phone.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know it's not a great book, but the truth is she's been secretly listening on the other line waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 1: You got to use the word secret.
Speaker 4: Well, it wasn't open, So what else do you call it? Sasha?
Speaker 6: Are you there? Hey?
Speaker 5: Marcus?
Speaker 6: Oh man, what are you pulling this now?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: Do you know I would I really appreciate it if you didn't have your little brother answer the door, and if you could have come to the door and given my ear rings yourself.
Speaker 4: Well I think he would have appreciated if you had warned him that you were going to show up to his apartment. I invited.
Speaker 1: You know what, You're bad? He's gonna warn him. But there's no response.
Speaker 4: Clearly Marcus was scared of her.
Speaker 2: Oh god, this is he huns out with her until three in the morning.
Speaker 6: You weren't that scared, Marcus, come on the drunk and stupor the whole time she was?
Speaker 3: So were you?
Speaker 4: You're the one that fell off the rock wall, Marcus.
Speaker 5: Okay, Vaginal drink Fest is where you take me on a first date. You have the nerves me right now? Really, I just.
Speaker 6: I got you. I will give you your ear rings back. But that's what I'll send it to you. I need an address to send these earrings to you.
Speaker 1: Are you trying to show up at her house?
Speaker 4: Marcus?
Speaker 1: Is that what you try?
Speaker 6: I'm not trying to show up at the house. No, I'm not trying to show up at the house either.
Speaker 4: Before we started like exchanging addresses with each other, Sasha, Marcus is accusing you of leaving the ear rings there on purpose, trying to Cinderella him to meet like trying to make sure you meet up with him again.
Speaker 5: Right, that's shady. That's not what happens.
Speaker 4: You're saying.
Speaker 5: No, No, I didn't leave on purpose, but I have done that before, like five other time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Marcus, you weren't even work, but you don't.
Speaker 5: Done earrings that night?
Speaker 4: So okay, can you see like her perspective? I mean it sounds like, Marcus, maybe you have a little bit of bad experiences in the past.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I'm gonna say trust issues.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, sure, listen.
Speaker 6: She just admitted that she left the ear rings at other places, like at least five different times.
Speaker 3: Marcus.
Speaker 2: Don't be so righteous, all right, You've done shady stuff before too.
Speaker 6: We all have. She's gonna leave her ear rings, and you know she's gonna leave her children.
Speaker 3: How do we make that jump?
Speaker 6: Honestly, you girl did that to me before she left the kids here. Wait, really, guys, we did it because she wanted to come back the next day to see me.
Speaker 4: Not to see her children, to see Marcius.
Speaker 1: Actually, that's a pretty genius move.
Speaker 4: There's no children all well, Marcus, you clearly got a little bit of PSD from your past experiences.
Speaker 1: With women, So do those children.
Speaker 4: It sounds like Sasha did not do this on purpose, and you yourself said that you would have gone out with her had it not been for the text and the showing up to the apartment craziness. So what we would like to do before we start exchanging addresses, is offered to send you guys out on a date that we would pay for, and then you can bring the ear rings and give them back to her in.
Speaker 1: Person, and we're paying for it, clean.
Speaker 4: Slate, no dino outfits.
Speaker 3: I think for you too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I think I think she said no, Well, your little brother can come along with.
Speaker 5: I don't want to second date with him. I'm sorry, I just want my earring.
Speaker 3: Okay, you please give her her earrings.
Speaker 1: Bro I think you're gonna have to show up to his house and get them.
Speaker 6: She can have them. They're not even real diamonds.
Speaker 1: That was below the belt market.
Speaker 4: Okay, we will pay to have them diamond tested for validity, and then we'll send them back over to Sasha's place.
Speaker 6: Maybe that could be our day we all get together and we can check to see the.
Speaker 5: Kind of romantic I won't even waste my time with that you got. You get the earrings, just to be directly because I don't want to see don O Brough anymore.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, well, no love connection, but at least sounds like we recovered the jewelry that she wanted.
Speaker 1: We're almost like a pawnshop at this point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.