Speaker 1: The end of the Eras tour two years, two billion dollars. But most importantly, the news that came out today, which is why she is one of one, is giving out over one hundred and seventy five million or whatever the final number was of additional bonuses to her crew. Of course, she made headlines when she donates food at the local food banks. It's just she continues to impress me, just when you think she can't get more impressive in who she is as a performer but also as a person. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. Welcome everybody to the Calm Down Podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, are you okay?
Speaker 1: I'm making notes, She's making notes. We're making notes fifteen. I just wrote down it is three week of week fifteen when I do my Thursday night Wow. San Francisco forty nine Ers versus Los Angeles Rams a battle in the NFC West.
Speaker 2: But let's go back for a second.
Speaker 1: We both had incredible Week fourteen matchups. I was in Detroit for the Packers' Lions. You were working RAMS bills yesterday, go gas like it was two years ago. Exactly. That's why, like I want to I want to touch on your game just because it happened yesterday. Incredible thinking about what Josh Allen did in a losing effort. I know, but I was so happy for you guys getting a game like that because I feel like you guys have had blowouts, blowouts, blowout City's sister. Yeah, terrible, it was great. I would I love working games like that. Sorry, I almost had a burp. I love working.
Speaker 2: Games like that. But I also, you know, it's not like.
Speaker 1: You're sitting back at home going holy shit, Like you're sitting there on the sidelines, who's hurt, Who's okay?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Do I need? Am I doing a postgame interview? What am I asking? What where are they on? Third down?
Speaker 1: So it's like you are a lot of different places with all that. It was amazing. But yeah, back and forth game and good for the Rams. I mean this is uh, obviously the Bills. I've been having a great year, but I was excited for Selfishly, It's always this is totally selfish actually watching games where both teams win going into your matchup, because then the week is easier because you're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, they're in a better mood. They're not like disgruntled.
Speaker 1: So both the Niners and the Rams winning yesterday sure sets up a great matchup. And then this division obviously being as close as it is, coming down to the wire, the fact that it is going to be Week fifteen, it'll come down to Seattle and the Rams, depending of course on you know, that last game of the year for that division. But anyways, yeah, excited about that one. What else do we have? I had that that Lions Packers game was so awesome. It lived up to all of the hype. Of course going into that game. You know, you forget just from the outside looking at if you're not follow football closely, like that wasn't a battle for the division. I mean the Minnesota Vikings or in the middle of the Lions Vikings and then the Packers. But just the winning I think the overall winning percentage of that division it's like eight hundred or something. It's like, never in history has a division been so good. But yeah, that game was awesome, so much was made. We were standing on the sideline at the very end of the game. Of course, it was tied thirty one, thirty one with a minute and a half left to play, And it comes down to this fourth and inches play, Dan Campbell decides to go for it. Up until that point, he was three for four on calling and going for it on fourth down and converting. So Fitz and I are standing next to each other and he's like, there's no He's like, yeah, they kick the field goal again, there's no, there's no reason to go for it. And then all of a sudden, you see Jared the football and come back out and you're like, wait, he's going for it.
Speaker 2: So I love it.
Speaker 1: And then the next day all of these people, So I'm gonna go on a ram for a second about this because what I think is so wild is you're not on that team, You're not in that locker room, you're not in those teams. So if Dan Campbell wants to go for it, and as Jared Goff told us at the end of the game, Dan Campbell was kind of bascillating, like should I go for it?
Speaker 2: Should not go for it?
Speaker 1: And then he decides to go for it, and Jared Goff is like, let's fucking go kind of a thing like this is our team, this is who we are, Like we're all in one way or the other, but all of these like individuals that I hear the next day on all these different shows like this is so risky, this is so, this is whatever.
Speaker 2: Who cares, that's his decision, that's his team. And guess what, Like, yeah.
Speaker 1: If he wants, he's made those calls in the past, and they've been him in the ass. If that's who this guy is, if that's who this team is, then cool. I just don't understand why everyone everyone has to have an opinion on every little thing and it's like, well.
Speaker 2: He should do it this way.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, guess what if Dan Campbell wants to paint his house fucking purple, then he can paint his house purple and deal with the neighbors later.
Speaker 2: Like that's his decision to go for it, and his team is all for him.
Speaker 1: And if I'm in that locker room, I am riding with somebody like that, like we die together, we win together, whatever did it, we're going to do.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: I just found it so annoying that everyone thinks that they get to have opinions on situations that they're not a part of. So and same thing with the Chiefs, Like the Chiefs are now ten to zero in one score games. They win last night they doing a field goal, and it's like, oh, well, the Chiefs, they can't keep winning like this. Guess what they can't they like last year, Like they can't go on the road and win all these playoff games without home field advantage.
Speaker 2: Guess what they did.
Speaker 1: It's just I am like last time I checked the who you know the winner of the Super Bowl from nineteen sixty five? Did you keep track of how many games they won by one score? How many points did they go forward on fourth down? No? You keep track of wins. In the words of Al Davis, just win baby. So like, if you keep winning, who cares how you do it? So for like both of those teams, Like, I'm so overwatching shows where everyone wants to critique.
Speaker 2: Like this shit. I'm like, they win and who cares? Yeah, Grant it's no.
Speaker 1: I think they're trying to fill time and commercial space and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: People are paid to debate it, and that's what they do and that's what they sign up for. But it's pretty amazing to watch. I was at kind of a Christmas fireworks event last night, which was fun, and they had the game on and people were like I'm so sick of this. I'm so I was like, why this was awesome of the Chiefs. Why because Patrick Mahomes is fucking cool.
Speaker 2: And like they win and they win different way, it's fun. The NFL is fun.
Speaker 1: The same thing happened with the Patriots when they would win, like so you know and like, oh, I'm so sick of the Patriots winning, or like the Lakers in their prime or the Seltics and their prime.
Speaker 2: Like I'm so sick of it. I'm like, hey, guess what, then somebody else be better? How about that?
Speaker 1: Like somebody else you want to win the division nine straight years?
Speaker 2: Good for sucking you. Who cares how you win it?
Speaker 1: You want to miss win it with doinked field goals and blocked field goals whatever, cope. But yeah, I'm very I can't believe it's already fifteen. We said this every single week going back. If you were to listen some of our podcasts in week three, it's like, oh my god, this season so long and now here we are it's going to be over in two seconds.
Speaker 2: So season.
Speaker 1: I literally marched across my face like it really has Wow, I'm so tired.
Speaker 2: I just look so tired. I looked at myself today in.
Speaker 1: The mirror plates and I went, whoa hell, I need a good night sleep. We talked about this on a pregame show. I just tis this season. It's December ninth as we're taping this right now. I have so much to do as we get except for Christmas. I was so excited to sleep in my own bad last night, not have to get on a plane. I might as well have gotten on a six am flight. That's how much sleep I got. I just woke up at random times like shit, did I get this person something? Did I do this? I need to tie this end. I need to finish this up. It was like, girl, rest your brain.
Speaker 2: Enough, Yeah, you do need to do that.
Speaker 1: But I feel the same way I was saying on a pregame that I felt like I had a great jump start to Christmas. I was ordering things early, I was getting stuff. Now I'm way reading for all of these things to get here, and I'm tracking every single day because I can't send the packages out. But here's my thing. And I would love the viewers, the viewers and the listeners input on this where it's like I think in my head, I have a good list of people that I know I need to get stuff for right, just based off of like, you know.
Speaker 2: The friend group, the work group, whatever.
Speaker 1: But there's always those randoms that you don't think are going to come in with a gift, and then all of a sudden you're standing there and they hand over the gift. You're like, oh my god, yeah, yours in the car. I'll go run and grab that later. Or yours is at home, Oh my god, I'll get No, it's not at home, and it's not in the car because I didn't get you a gift because I didn't think.
Speaker 2: We did gifts. But now you're a new doing gift.
Speaker 1: We're doing gifts, and so Steve it's mad and he's like, you're always buying gifts for people that you don't even know are going to buy gifts for you. I'm like, cause I'm so paranoid that if I don't have the gift then I'll feel terrible. So I would rather have a bunch of August Sary gifts for sure. I would rather have a bunch of auxillary gifts and some last second cards where I can quickly write, because there's nothing worse than standing there and being like, oh, I didn't get you anything terrible.
Speaker 2: So that's where I'm at right now.
Speaker 1: Shopping gifts additional pressure to put on yourself as well, like I'll tell you crazy. Oh, I'll tell you I don't want not to get into my headspace for tonight. Oh God, just grab grab like five or six extra little bags of like goodies or something. Hey, what's what's the bag of goodies? What's the bag like a lip gloss?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Think of you got to have auxiliary for guys and for gals. Okay, you got to have the wine. God, you've got crazy extra.
Speaker 2: You got to do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, then you know, look I'll buy some what are you putting these in like a little gift bag? And then just have a backup card already in there, because by the way, people are onto you if you don't have the card filled out and you just hand them over the gift and there's no card, they're like, oh, I'm an auxiliary gift person. You don't care about me enough to have a card. But if you have the card in there, you've bought yourself sometime and another friendship. I also one always have the backup wine. Yeah, that's an easy one. What's your price range? And what backup wine do you have? You got to go thirty five to sixty five on the auxiliary gift.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I have more anxiety. No, I didn't mean to add this to you.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have more anxiety if somebody hands over a gift and you don't have one for them.
Speaker 2: Plus I gotta have some card waiting. Yeah, you always have to have the card in the what's your excuse? You're like, hey, one second, let me run upstairs. That's exactly what I did.
Speaker 1: What about if the inkstill is like what, well, that's what you doing that? How about when the you're recycling the gift bag and your name it was like to Carissa love mom, and it was like shit, I forgot to pull that off. And then you pulled like part of the bag off and then there's like a whole part of the missing. Yeah, that's why you gotta be prepared gooby gun or something. But I'll tell you who's not prepared. And this is where I said to him. I was like, men don't think about this stuff. Men don't think about Hey, you know what, the dog walker needs a gift because she takes her dogs.
Speaker 2: Out every single day. Why I'm not sleeping.
Speaker 1: We have the luxury of having a house cleaner. The house cleaner needs a gift. And then they're like, well, we pay them. We don't have to buy them a gift. We paid them, And I'm like, I don't care. Guess what I get paid from my employer. But sometimes they also give us a gift. So you can't apply that principle at all. Okay, so men, don't think about it. Steve hasn't done one fucking gift shop. You think he's stressed out. He's not losing any sleep at night. Oh, Jared's not losing any sleep. In fact, he's still snoring away and I'm using all the sleep.
Speaker 2: I want to know what I did last night?
Speaker 1: Picked up the phone, turned the baby monitor on louder because Mac has a sound machine in his room so we hear it.
Speaker 2: He turned it up where it's basically.
Speaker 1: Like like the winds are crashing into the house.
Speaker 2: The fucking phone down.
Speaker 1: And the next morning he's like, Babe, I'm so sorry. I'm always have a scoring issue.
Speaker 2: I feel like he has.
Speaker 1: But it's gotten worse. We did go get looked at. They did say do you have a couple of cracks in your nose. You have a deviated septum. You definitely broke your nose a couple of times. We should get this fixed. And this sweet guy last night, we're going to bed and I'm so tired, and he's like, hey, just a heads up. I did book an appointment for surgery on my nose. And I said, whoa, Like, we're not doing a pointments dentist appointment and book surgery exactly. I was like, am I home? Will I be able to pick you up? We need to find out more information about this surgery. What's the recovery time? But he is so frightened about me killing him in the middle.
Speaker 2: About that too. Yeah, yeah, this has been going a little bit. Yeah, it's time. I don't appreciate.
Speaker 1: Have we thought about, like maybe a sleep apnea machine or something? Oh we failed test. We have a deviated septum. Can I say septim one more time?
Speaker 2: Septic tank?
Speaker 1: Because he's yeah, so apparently. Yeah, it's just getting worse and worse and worse, and so is my adague.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's okay, it's okay, you're allowed to have that. We'll get through it. So everybody is like, did you love a home game? Loved it so great?
Speaker 1: You we can get through it together. Don't worry about I just need you to be able to get some sleep. That's the thing I told you about. And I don't know if anybody else of their significant other snores.
Speaker 2: Steve used to that, We've talked about it before.
Speaker 1: He has this tape that he puts over his mouth. It's called hostage tape, which is an inane title. He looks insane, but guess what, he does not wake me up in the middle of the night anymore.
Speaker 2: So come three or four a m.
Speaker 1: The hostage tape is coming off like we're a loud breather man, and he's like in the morning, he's like, I'm sorry it fell off. Oh yeah, well maybe we've got to double up on the old the tape. I don't know what to tell you. By the way, go grab some duct tape. So we need to get my gals some sleep immediately, all right. But other than that, you are headed to Philadelphia. Yeah this week for I'm really really excited for your game. You've got the Eagles and the Steelers. And for Russell Wilson Man, there was not a time long ago where it was like, oh god, Justin Fields or Russell Wilson and he has this team playing exceptional.
Speaker 2: So good for you, young man, and the guy who made that decision, Mike Tomlin.
Speaker 1: I get to do a sit down with him, and I am so excited by the way those glasses, those aviator glasses, that guy and when he I don't know if he swag is so sick, so great, that's very exciting. I love that for you and the Eagles playing great football, Steelers playing great football. This is a great week fifteen matchups, sister, and I'm excited for your game too. Look, I know that San Francisco has their injuries.
Speaker 2: Holy crap.
Speaker 1: I just saw their third string running back is now like banging up as well. But like Shanahan gets his guys to play, it's a big ival read between those two.
Speaker 2: It's all on the line for the Rams. So I think it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: And I gotta tell you Sofi Stadium, that's our place. The tunes, the Jams, they love the Calm Down podcast or not so Fi. Excuse me to le Lee VI Stadium. They love Calm Down podcast. There they play our clip all the time over the loud speaker that yes they do not ye. Yeah, like the tunes, the jams Levi Stadium.
Speaker 2: The in game.
Speaker 1: Experience at Levi is so much fun. And like I said, their DJ is freaking awesome. You're gonna be jamming out Pump Bump, eat it, eat it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what I love. I love a West Coast game. We had a lot of East Coast games this year, so we're back to back West Coast, which is great. Yeah, it's week four. Well, Jesus Week fifteen. Every game matters, you know what else matters? Because I know that the Calm Down community all has an affinity for Miss Taylor Swift. Yeah, I need to give a moment, take a moment, take a moment of silence for our girl. The end of the Eras tour two years, two billion dollars, But most importantly, the news that came out today, which is why she is one of one, is giving out over one hundred and seventy five million or whatever the final number was of additional bonuses to her crew. Of course, she made headlines when she donates food at the local food banks. It's just she continues to impress me. Just when you think you can. She can't get more impressive in who she is as a you know, performer, but also as a person giving out additional bonuses for her crew. I just take a lesson everybody out there. I don't care if you have five dollars to give people that help you or you know, fifty million. It's like, just take care of the people around you. And I love her for that, and kudos to her because, you know, we talk all the time about you know, jobs are demanding, and your traveling and your this and that. I remember when we went to the one in June and then thinking about her performing night after night, like we were tired after one night and we weren't performing. So what she's done for two years is incredible. And the fact that she's got on a plane after performing in Tokyo flew all the way to Las Vegas for her boyfriend's game in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Like, I just love her.
Speaker 1: She's just great and Bravo's sister on a job well done on the Era's Tour tour.
Speaker 2: I loved I have.
Speaker 1: My sister is a dancer. My sister did some professional dancing, and we always we know a lot of people in the industry and one thing I've kind of always learned through my sister is when artists take care of their dancers and they have such a great relationship with their dancers, that's really cool. My sister always kind of tells me stories about who does who's great. Like Ken told me when the Celine Dion traveling tour, not not her residency, but the tour, her dancers were obsessed with her and she always took care of her dancers, And I think that's so cool when people are tight with them. You could tell from the clips last night, like as they were all walking off and hugging her, I mean they Yeah. My sister was like, oh my god, this breaks me up because, like you can just tell she loves them so much. That's a lot of time with those people. They're away from.
Speaker 2: Their family, but they're also living their dream because of her. It was really cool.
Speaker 1: I love seeing all that last night off them just hugging her and thanking her.
Speaker 2: It was really really special. She's amazing.
Speaker 1: I hope she gets the time off that she deserves she enjoys the rest of the football season with her. Man. I was kind of waiting to see if there was footage. I was trying to do the math. Okay, can he get on a plane from Kansas City and go meet.
Speaker 2: Her out like at her celebration?
Speaker 1: But I know that that's a long flight, and obviously he just played an amazing game himself. But yeah, go enjoy your man, girl, Go enjoy the rest of this amazing football season. And if you ever want to get a drink or hang out, we know two good hangs.
Speaker 2: I promised to be super normal. She will, She should be on her best.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know where you know we're not going to be going We're not going to be going to karaoke, But you, my dear, have put it out there in the universe that you are great at karaoke. And it has been brought to my attention by some members on your crew that you are not just thinking you're.
Speaker 2: Good because of a few cocktails.
Speaker 1: Kevin Burkhart, Grossy Casey, and Jason Bob Ak Bob have taken it to the streets and take an act. In fact, I believe that we have one of those members joining us here on the podcast today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very excited about it.
Speaker 1: Jason Thornberry are statistician on our NFL on Fox crew. He's been with the company what he say for about twenty years, so that's super exciting. We'll give you guys a little bit of a look of what his job is like. Watching a shot of Micah Parson's rolling in right now to at and T Stadium. I think that's a white tuxedo. God, he's great. I like Michael. A lot of people I know have thoughts about him. And ooh they have the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders starting up. I love them. I know a lot of people like you know. Mike has even said I've heard a lot of people say some things, but I love a guy that speaks his mine.
Speaker 2: It's great. I enjoy him. I like authenticity.
Speaker 1: I like people who don't apologize for who they are, and that's whether the you like them or not.
Speaker 2: I like consistency.
Speaker 1: I like people that just you know, like what you see is what you're gonna get. This is not the segue into the story, but today because I'm very decisive in my life, Like today when I was shopping, I when I'm in I know exactly what you're the person the sales associate was like, wow, you know exactly what you want? I'm like, sure, do I'm this I'm this, I'm this, I'm this. I'm a person who has purchased homes and never even went and looked at them. I got an inspection, I saw them online. And whatever I purchase cars, I don't even go and test drive it.
Speaker 2: I just know what I want.
Speaker 1: We all know what I've done in marriages, so it doesn't always work out, but I am very decisive.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: I was sitting there getting something quickly to eat before we jumped on here, and I was at a restaurant and I was like, I got twenty minutes. We got to get the order in, we got to pay, we got to eat, We're in, we're out. So the woman she drops off the menu. I go, oh, you don't even need to go anywhere. I was like, I'm got this, this, this. She's like, okay, fine. So I'm waiting for the food, and there's these gals that sit down next to me, nice enough group.
Speaker 2: There's like three or four of them.
Speaker 1: From the time that I put my order into the time that I left, it was probably maybe twenty two minutes. If I was to clock this thing, twenty two minutes, and this group next to me couldn't even figure out their order.
Speaker 2: They were going back and forth and well do I want this? Do I want that? Look into the mind, Well what are you going to get? What are you gonna get?
Speaker 1: By the time I left, I want to be like, look, bitch, you're gonna have that. You're gonna have that. You're gonna have that, You're gonna have that. It is wild to me you are going to waste twenty two minutes of your life deciding what you're going to order to eat, Like, let's go, don't you have things to do? Or there are some times I feel like we've been out and we've been talking so much, they're like, do you have you had time to look at the menu?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 1: That's different, That is that is different. That's because we're talking. We're catching up, so we haven't even looked at the menu.
Speaker 2: Babe.
Speaker 1: This was twenty two minutes of looking at the menu. Okay, we're flipping it. We're going back and forth. The waitress, this poor waitress brought over three times answering questions, does this have chicken in it?
Speaker 3: Does this?
Speaker 2: Is this vegan? Is this?
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my god, this poor waitress has already earned her money and she hasn't even taken their order yet. But he just was sitting there and I was like, I can't imagine being that indecisive in my life. Imagine their husbands. He's like, Jesus, what are what are we going to do?
Speaker 2: Let's get on with it.
Speaker 1: And maybe that works for some people, and maybe some people think about me and they're like, Okay, just relaxed, lady, take a beat. But I can't imagine. We're moving, we're shaking, we're doing things.
Speaker 2: We got it ordered.
Speaker 1: This is not a decision on what you're going to name your child. This is lunch. Yeah, these are I'm trying to think of a catchy thing to call these, like calm down, like observations or something that's what you saw in the streets today. I'm going to tell you what I saw in the streets today. Container store lady wants to return something. The woman and I'm holding like seven things trying to I'm like, I'm balancing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, ask, you.
Speaker 1: Haven't got the car because you thought you were just coming into one eye.
Speaker 2: Things are falling.
Speaker 1: I got ten seconds to get in and out make pilates this woman. The woman at the register goes, okay, so you want credit what do you want for this? She's like, i'd like credit for this. She goes, yeah, you bought this in June. I could give you store credit. And she's like, yeah, i'll take that. So the lady goes, can I get your license please? And she goes why and she goes because the store credit. Like at this point, just just do what. She says, like, I'll hold in seven things. She's like, well, I don't want to give it to you. And then the lady's like, then I can't give you the store credit. It's to be under your name. I don't know, Like, we're only keeping the information here. What do you want like a stowaway? You're not supposed to be here? Like, why can't you give you license information? See?
Speaker 2: I'm with see, I'm with the woman though on the license we.
Speaker 1: Don't bring your ship back from June, and the cashiers wouldn't of course you My shit's in the back.
Speaker 2: I don't even where went.
Speaker 1: So the lady goes, I shouldn't even be giving you credit anyways, but I'm doing this. So then she's like fine. She goes through all this, the lady gets the credit, she doesn't even say thank you. So then I'm next, and the ladies like, have a nice day. I walk up and I go on, behalf of her. I'll say thank you, and she goes. This is how I look at it. That was five minutes of my time. I don't have to go home. Door was like right, I like her, Yeah, that's really good. Yeah, I'm not you don't have to be rude to the person. But I'm also not at you know, these starts getting real cocky with this information. You know how I feel about the email. Enough with the email, the phone number, the freaking social security number, the driver's license. You know, it's the container short. We're not stealing plastic containers, Okay, the bins do not need my driver's life finger printing me. Yeah, I don't know about that, but whatever. I also understand. It's like, well this is the policy. Okay, well the policy needs to change. But I'm with you. If you don't want to if you don't want to give up a license and you're not going to get the credit, this is very simple. This is the way we do things. Either doing this way or you keep it moving. But yeah, I just I just left there and I was like, oh my god, these women good for you if you have that much time on your hands. And that's not to say like, oh I'm so busy, it's just more of like that much time going over menu, big menu. Look, I've worked at the cheesecake factory. You can only imagine to say. I ever, you've been doubted some of those people when they're going there with that book and they're on page fourteen. I was like, look, I got to turn tables. I gotta make money. You want me to help you here? What are you looking for? You looking for chicken, you're looking for seafood, You looking for steak, you want a salad?
Speaker 2: Salads? Page four let's rip it? Uh huh.
Speaker 1: I can't have you as a two top or take it up actually at the eight top, taking up forty five minutes of my session. Now you got to turn and burn.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the.
Speaker 1: Order at cheesecake, I'd always go for the mars and that would rip Guess what? It was so good, the bow type hostas so buttery.
Speaker 2: They took the Marsala off the menu. Well yeah, because it was probably ripping people up. Stop sacking ripping people? I should Can you believe that?
Speaker 1: And what is that with the most popular items get taken off. It's like my favorite lipliner for mac or whatever it is. You know at the time where it's like, oh, we've just continued that my favorite bronzer. She now has this bronzer which I pay way too much goddamn money for Crewe. No, not the cream I wanted the it's a powder. I can't always be with the creams. I get it's a more dewey look, but sometimes I need a mat. I don't want to be glowing in the door.
Speaker 2: Okay, bring it down. It's like, oh, she's sweating.
Speaker 1: Is no, that's just she, not she and they got rid of and they had it was the nice big mirror because you know, sometimes when you're in those small compacts, I can't really see what's going on. Then you get into a full length mir and you're like god damn, like can we run the next So that big mirror really gave me the estate that I needed to see a full frontal discontinued it. What is with discontinuing the best items? They're the best items. Keep them moving. Hey, guys, I had that with my eyeliner. I don't like it. I don't appreciate it. Yeah, what I like he was Chanelle too. They discontinued it. I don't understand. Can somebody from Corporate America way in here? Why are we discontinuing the best items?
Speaker 2: Not sure? Hey, you have a child, you have to fly on an airplane? Wayne a child?
Speaker 1: I sent you and are wonderful producer Ryan and Kurt this story today there was and I really hope this is here's the problem with AI and all this other stuff. I really want this story to be true. I mean it shows a picture of the little cute. No, here's the deal. A mom is on a plane a ten hour flight from Soul, Korea to San Francisco. A mother handed out more than two hundred goodie bags with candy earplugs in case her four month old child cried during the fl and even included a note that said, Hello, I'm John Wiu and I'm four months old.
Speaker 2: She's writing it like she's the baby. Today.
Speaker 1: I'm going to the US with my mom and my grandma to see my aunt. I'm a little nervous and scared because it's my first flight in life, which means I may cry or make too much noise. I will try to go quietly, though I can't make any promises. Please excuse me. So my mom prepared little goodie bags for you. It has some candies and ear plugs. Please use it when it's too noisy because of me.
Speaker 2: Enjoy your trip. Hi, n I can't even handle that.
Speaker 1: Like that is the sweetest talk about me thinking I'm I'm getting cocky with my auxiliary gifts back here, two hundred gift bags of can't anxiety when she was getting ready for this trip and now I got to make candy bags and how many sweetest thing I ever did see? And by the way, like a ten hour flight with a baby, and to think like how she could when a natural thing for a baby is to cry. She's thinking about other people's reaction.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: I really hope on that flight no one gave her one look, one whatever, And I hope that everyone was nice to her, because that is just so sweet. I can't take it. It's so sweet, it's so thoughtful. It's also we thought Dan Campbell really you know, like went for it.
Speaker 2: She really went for it with that ten hour flight. Wow, this is going forward.
Speaker 3: I can.
Speaker 1: With my eighteen month old a ten hour flight with a four month old.
Speaker 2: You go, girl, I see how you good for you?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, wow, speaking of children, you you take Mac to a little gym. You sent Steve and I a video the other day. You would think that Steve's the father because he was so concerned about Max's head in the video when he's rolling the back flip. Everything is safe, everything is monitored, and Steve goes, I don't know if he should be doing that. I go, well, his parents sent us the video and they're fine with it.
Speaker 2: So one thing I'm so thankful.
Speaker 1: For with are our child care is that they are doers. He is not sitting around in a little squared off area. They are out. Mac is busy. People want to come see him. He doesn't have time. He's out, he's socializing. He's doing a lot of adventures, which is what one of our nanny says, which is so frickin' night nice. So one of the adventures I was home for because we had a home game this week and I decided I want to go. I want to go with Mackie to this gym. Be a part of it. See how it goes well. It was so nerve wracking and so stressful. There weren't a lot of children in the class. I don't know where all the children were, but they weren't there, and it was me and another mom and a little girl and so yeah, Max, I wouldn't say his it's like me right now. His not his patients. His attention, well attention ladies and gentlemen. His attention wasn't all there, and like it was really highly skilled, like stuff, We're gonna go up and over here and then up on top of here and then jump here and then leap here. And I'm like, what happens after we get off the thing? And it's like Mac is trying to do it. He's off over here.
Speaker 2: So I'm like trying not to be the nagging mom where I'm like no, no.
Speaker 1: No, this way, this way, this way, but it's like we got to follow, and then you know, the instructor is over with this kid.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, am I supposed to go on this trampoline? Anyways?
Speaker 1: Jarrett would have hated it. It's so stressful. I'm trying to get the kid. All the kid wants to do is go over on the mat and run. So I was like, you know what, there's nobody here in this gym. I'm just gonna go with my kid onto this mat because he doesn't want to come over here, and he's gonna start screaming. So we start running around the mat. He's screaming and so much fun. I start screaming and so much fun. He picks up a scarf and like throws it in the air. I pick up a scarf and throw it in the air.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this is great. We got reprimanded. Oh no, you're not allowed to get creative liberties in the class.
Speaker 1: And I ended understand where they're coming from. We got told you need to stay with your group. I understand they're probably concerned if we fell then it could be somebody got to the specifics. What did she say, ma'am, Eric, excuse me, ma'am, you have to stay with your group. No, my group was right there.
Speaker 2: What did you do when she said that?
Speaker 1: I couldn't apologize enough. In fact, after I apologized twenty times, it went back over and said, listen, I'm not a war breaker at all, but like I kind of figured he needed to blow off some steam here, and he wasn't really following the direction, so that's all made fine.
Speaker 2: I felt terrible. I looked at our nanny and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, I'm never going there again. I can't ever go back. I can't ever show face there again. My armpits were sweating. It was such an ordeal. I made it worse than I needed to. But anyways, it was so stressful, and my kid didn't want.
Speaker 2: To do all this shit.
Speaker 1: He just wanted to run and I was so excited because I was running after him. And you're paying to get reprimanded. You're getting into your public class.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: But you know what you did the right thing, okay, and look you apologize to the person your kid had fun.
Speaker 2: Everyone wins. Jared would have.
Speaker 1: Been, we have to get out of here. We have to get out of here, right, I'm like driving away like this, but it was like, how great is that place? I'm like, I can never go back. Look for you think you would have think you would have thought, I like, knock something over, it broke, it spilled. No, we just were on the floor routine, putting on a floor routine, and.
Speaker 2: We were told to go back with our group. Score ten for you. You're a great mom. Look at you. You knew what your child did. Because all stressful.
Speaker 1: So is Christmas shopping, so is all of it. But you know what, we have each other.
Speaker 2: We got this. I need you to get a good night's sleep because I feel better. Go in the other room. You're fine and I love you.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us on the Calm Down Podcast. In a moment, though, we're not done because we teased it. The big moment where we find out is Aaron a good karaoke singer or not? Hey, before we do that, sorry to break this up. I do want to give a shout out to My Cause My Cleats. I did one we introduced you guys. It was actually when we were at Top Golf doing our show there. My girlfriend Jackie brought my attention to this Jackie Quick of a little girl who's actually she just turned eleven, named Claire.
Speaker 2: She is a sideline reporter for peewee football.
Speaker 1: She has been through it literally a poster child for Boston Children's Hospital, and I had the opportunity to kind of honor her with My Cause My Cleats.
Speaker 2: They are up for auction.
Speaker 1: The money goes to Boston Children's Hospital and they have done an amazing job with Claire. She has an uphill battle coming her way. I think next week and I know she's going to kick the tail out of it, and I know her parents have been through it. So you guys check out my cleats on my ig page. Also, there's a link, like I said in my bio, if you want to bid on them. She is such a little cutie pie. I know her mom sent me a picture of her watching her game yesterday. And I love that the NFL lets guys do that. It's solwity to see what their causes are. It is Claire, We love you, We are duting for you always, and make sure you guys check out like Aaron said her page, and Claire thinking of you in the next week. You got this girl, You got it bag. I am so excited to have. I have multiple work husbands, as you do, Chrissa.
Speaker 2: This is one of them.
Speaker 1: Kevin Burkhardt self proclaim self proclaimed work husband Jason Thornberry from the NFL on Fox A Crew statistician.
Speaker 2: How many years have you held that job, my friend.
Speaker 3: With the A crew.
Speaker 4: I think this is a six year, but I've been at Fox for twenty now, twenty one something like that.
Speaker 2: Wow, what would you start with?
Speaker 4: Well, my very very first thing was doing just scoring baseball games on the studio show, so they'd have guys come in keep scoring, so everybody knew what was going on. And that's what I did. My friend Brian Biederman said, Hey, you want to come in on a Saturday and score some games? And I said yeah. And he's now a big director at Fox. He doesn't call him. The one thing led to another, and here I am today getting to work with fabulous.
Speaker 1: I love that Berkhart, Tom Brady, Tom Rinaldi, they the name a few.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're good.
Speaker 1: So last week on our podcast, have you guys met before?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we were in passing. I don't get the privilege of being on the road with you guys. Wish I wish in an alternate universe we could like all be together. We had the preseason game, which was fun but still not enough time. But yeah, Aaron of course loves you guys so much, and I'm so glad has all of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so last week I was telling Chris all about our experience in the karaoke I was gonna say karaoke room, but really it was our meeting room at our hotel. We after our Thanksgiving dinner, decided let's bust out the karaoke machine.
Speaker 2: I was a little timid to start it.
Speaker 1: Jason, who we all lovingly call Thorn on our crew, went right after it, went right after it.
Speaker 2: He was the master of ceremonies.
Speaker 1: Then I started feeling comfortable, started feeling really comfortable with myself, felt like I was doing the backup singing, backup dancing, sometimes doing it on my own. In our conversation in our podcast last week, Chrisa said, I she laughed at me and said, I don't know if I believe you that. Okay, go ahead, explain yourself. I was surprised Jason that she said that she was a good singer. Aaron and I have been friends for fifteen twenty years, and I didn't know this about her. So I simply said, who else thinks you're a good singer? And she said, I will get some guys from the crew to co operate this, you know, self proclaimed I'm a great singer situation, So here you are. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't, you know, a few glasses of wine that made her believe and have false confidence, because look, no one is a bigger fan of a karaoke night than I am.
Speaker 2: So what was her strength?
Speaker 4: Well, her strength was the dancing. I said, Oh, if you're doing karaoke, you're gonna need a dancer. You gotta call Aaron Andrews.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean she never stopped stop. It was like, you know, regular dancing. But then she throws some drill team cheerleading moves into it, you know, like.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that Dazzler days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then a random leid kick here and there. It was great. It was great.
Speaker 2: That's when I pee myself. Actually, yeah, there was.
Speaker 4: One part where I think her family called, her husband called. She took it out in the in the hallway, but then she heard us song she came running back in dancing. So the singing part of it, she was a little timid on the singing, and she would like bring me up there to do Tracy Chapman with her. And then you know, I was like, you're good, you can do this, you got it. And then she would belt out the tomb and then we did I think we did Madonna together.
Speaker 3: Uh what was that all the night with.
Speaker 2: Like a prayer?
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a great way to send everyone home.
Speaker 4: I kind of started, but then I handed it off to her and she she belt it out the tunes.
Speaker 3: She went a few others too. She was good. She was good.
Speaker 4: No one's good. Just carry o first of all. Oh, and well, I'm just saying like the bar isn't exactly. I'm not trying out for Broadway, okay. And I like to go out, have a good time and seeing a few, uh you know, television hits of the seventies and eighties, and throw in a few more stuff and call it a night.
Speaker 3: But she was good, she was she was good, Thorn.
Speaker 1: I'm missing the a whole intro to how you began karaoke that night. I had told you, after many cocktails that I really, really, really badly want to do Saturday Night Live. You had said, if you do it, would you please think about doing this as a skit hit it.
Speaker 4: Well, I've always had the idea that if I was ever on Saturday Night Live, I was singing television theme songs from the seventies and eighties as like a lounge singer, you know, a cigarette dangling out of my mouth.
Speaker 3: And then it dawned on me. I'm sitting there in this room there.
Speaker 4: We got a microphone, we got an amplifier, so I just went and no one's singing. So I went up, I grabbed it, flipped it on, and started belting out the you know now the world don't move to the beat ad just one drone, So I started belting those out nuh. Then I got everybody into it, and then all of a sudden we were doing karaoke all night long.
Speaker 1: It was great, amazing. Mine would be the full house theme song.
Speaker 2: I think they go everywhere there's a place of some Oh, I can only be seventies and eighties. It was a very sif.
Speaker 3: My range, Jefferson's and facts love.
Speaker 1: It brings great joy to me to know that Aaron, amongst her many skills, can now add in her arsenal karaoke singer and not only cooperated by you, but also by Grossy, by Casey, and by Kevin Burkhardt. So I stand corrected, Aaron, you have a wonderful voice, and I cannot wait to get on the mic with you. Our next time that we have an opportunity will to be probably.
Speaker 2: The super Bowl, So watch out in New Orleans. That'll be dream.
Speaker 4: Heyd's just a little more confidence.
Speaker 1: I need a lot of false content, so I'm happy to give her some thorn give all our listeners who are massive football fans, A lot of them are just.
Speaker 2: Look into a peek into your wheat.
Speaker 1: How you are prepared preparing for our massive Steelers Eagles showdown this weekend, big.
Speaker 3: Show it on? How do I prepare well? On Mondays?
Speaker 4: Usually I usually watch our game that we just did, and then I watched the games the two teams we have, make some notes, and then on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, I start making my notes. For matt Yale, our broadcast associate. He and I kind of do well. He and I the whole graphics team make these graphics for the games, put pop the on air, and everybody says, wow, that's a good note.
Speaker 3: So during the week you gotta prepare and get ready for it.
Speaker 4: So I sent them a bunch of notes during the week, and we pre build a bunch of graphics and then hopefully during the game we get some of those on. Then we react to the game during the game and make graphics on the fly. But that's generally it. So by Thursday, I've sent them my notes. Friday fly out to our game Saturday night, hopefully I'm doing karaoke.
Speaker 2: We'll be in Philly.
Speaker 1: We'll be at that great restaurant, probably with our our top by and in our pants un done. But that's because of the food so great, not because of any other reason, So don't get crazy. Wait, Thorn, what was your favorite scat or graphic that was on television yesterday from our Amazing Bills Rams game? Did you have one that you were like? Because you're in the truck and you are feeding things too, either our producer director, are you feeding things.
Speaker 2: To Kevin and tell them sometimes I'm texting you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I usually come up with something or one of the guys in the truck, Elvis the Fox Box operator, he's part of it too. Mike Eldrid shout out the knuckleheads of Michigan City, Indiana his bar, and then Jacksicato he's there too, doing stats on the staff. So we're all kind of, you know, thinking of the same same things. And uh, I guess the I don't know if it's the best one, but the one that sticks out was Josh Allen. He had three rushing touchdowns with three passing touchdowns and he was the first guy in the NFL history to do that in the regular season. But I wish we didn't have time. It's very you have to be very quick, right, So I would like to have put that Otto Graham did it in the playoffs. Who But if you look at the note on the screen, it said regular season on the top. That's because it was actually done once in the postseason by Ito Graham way back when in like nineteen fifty four or something. That would have been cool to have on there, but you have to be very quick, and so we didn't have. Really I was like, just just put it up there like that. It was fine, it was accurate, It was a great note, and our producer richie's ion Z liked it.
Speaker 3: Put it in and away we go.
Speaker 1: As you know, Aaron and I get very excited for stats, like we're such like in the best way, like we just like love a good stat. The fact that Josh, the Rams haven't beat the Bills at home since nineteen eighty three, that was a stat that stood out to me. I was like, I'm I was born in eighty two, I'm old as shit, Like this has been a long time since the Rams have been the Bills at home.
Speaker 4: They don't play that often, but it's only been five five games. But still nineteen eighty three. So that was one of the walkoff notes we had if if the Rams won. But you know, we had another one too, and there's not a lot of time and it didn't get on.
Speaker 2: But what was the other one?
Speaker 3: I was the one that got on that I forget there whatever. There.
Speaker 4: It was the first time all year they've had a winning record, the Rams. They started off slow, they've chipped away, chipped away. Now they have a winning record, so they're happy.
Speaker 1: The last one because Josh Allen is the fact that he did all that in a losing effort is just tells you how crazy that game was.
Speaker 2: But didn't the week before.
Speaker 1: That he had, for the first time ever receiving a rushing and a passing touchdown like this, So back.
Speaker 3: To back weeks he's done things that are unheard of, basically.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the other amazing thing about that game was that you had all these points scored, there wasn't one turnover or one sack. Right, it's amazing that a touchdown, but it wasn't one turnover, one sack.
Speaker 3: So crazy, crazy game.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'd be remiss if I didn't ask you. Since I have you on here, I know you're a massive Seahawks fan, right ish, Oh, there we go.
Speaker 2: Okay, the lookers to grab the mug. There we go.
Speaker 1: So I've got the Niners and the Rams for my Thursday night matchup this week. And we were on a call this morning talking about the NFC West race and Suan was saying that he thinks.
Speaker 2: That Seattle will pull it out. Whatever.
Speaker 1: Give all of the Seahawks fans a reason to believe that they will win the West given how tight it is.
Speaker 4: The reason to believe is their defense has gotten massively better since they cashed out to I don't want to rip anybody in your podcast, but they started the year with two linebackers who are no longer with the team, and they brought in Ernest Jones. They're starting this rookie in the middle, and they've been awesome since then. And I don't have to stay out the top of my fingers, but they haven't done They haven't allowed too many points since then. They had the big game against the Bills that we did and they got killed, but that was still with like one of the bad linebackers who's no longer a team. But that move, and it's a massive move in the middle of the season to cash out your middle linebackerers and say we're gonna throw caution to the win. But the defense was not good. Mike McDonald he's known for defense, and he's the guy and hit his schemes he's come up with and actually been pretty amazing in sometimes a couple of games ago, when Leonard Williams had the pick six, that was all scheme. I won't go into it because you know it's the Calm Down podcast. We don't want to get calmed up. But it was all scheme. And then the guy took it to the house. And to watch a three hundred pound man run that fast as that's remarkable to anyway. The point is Seahawks fans should be encouraged because the offense still hasn't hit its stride, I don't think. And Kenneth Walker has been a little banged up yesterday and the offense hits its stride. The defense is good now and they're they're as good as anybody in the in the division. Forty nine ers have fallen off rams are coming along. They're kind of that's going to be a massive game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the year, I think the seas can not just make the playoffs, but you know, do something in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 2: All right, there we go.
Speaker 1: Do you have a little nugget for us for our game on Sunday in Philadelphia? Anything should just really get us going, get us Okay, yeah, I'll Herery come downy.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've just started delving into this, so this isn't her shattwing.
Speaker 4: But the Eagles got a nine game winning streak going and during that time, Jalen Hurts has twenty three touchdowns passing and rushing and only two turnovers.
Speaker 3: So the guy.
Speaker 4: Maybe their pass offense isn't light in the world on fire, but they're still getting it done. Twenty three to two, it's pretty darn good. But the interesting matchup in the game is that in that span since I think Week six, the Steelers have twenty takeaways their defense, which is the second most in the league, and the Eagles have three turnovers.
Speaker 2: So something. Yeah, I'm all horned up over here. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. Well, I know, what.
Speaker 2: About Christians game on Thursday? What do you have for us?
Speaker 3: Uh? Forty nine Ers rams.
Speaker 4: Matthew Stafford since he's gotten his his receivers back, Coopa Cooper Cup and Pooka Nkua. He has sixteen touchdowns and three interceptions in that time. They're five and two and they're rolling.
Speaker 1: Like we saw yesterday, that catch that Pooka had on the sideline was being insane to have the Now it was number eighty in your program, number one in your hearts, you know, and a congressman.
Speaker 2: He's there for the people.
Speaker 1: But uh yeah, that was a ridiculous catch. So good and is there like a happier person in life than Pooka and Akua?
Speaker 4: This guy the soccer show Football's life so good, he's awesome.
Speaker 2: Well, you're the thorn. We love you so much.
Speaker 4: I just basking the of EA and try to gravy train off that as long as I can.
Speaker 1: Oh. Pretty happy Thanksgiving. We thank you for joining us.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, if you want to make it a weekly segment, I wouldn't say no. Good, But look, I have to clear my calendar.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'll have to get it sponsored by uh beat for something.
Speaker 2: My man can take down a stake like nobody's business.
Speaker 3: We can talk about how Michaels would love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I love you.
Speaker 1: Calm Down with Aaron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.