Speaker 1: The second date of date.
Speaker 2: Well, I hate to start things off on a sour note, but I already know Brooke is going to be rooting for this second date to fail, like.
Speaker 3: The fail want to find love.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know much, but the only thing I do know is that one of our listeners, Ronald, went out with a woman recently, and that woman apparently says she does not drink.
Speaker 1: Brook famously hates the sobers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sonald, you have an uphill battle to fight here, my friend, but hopefully you can convince my lovely co host to go to bat for you. So tell us about the girl that you want us to call. What's her name?
Speaker 4: Her name is Cindy.
Speaker 3: Her name Cindy. And I'm guessing was she upfront with you about not drinking.
Speaker 4: It's a complicated story, but yeah, she was upfront when we met for our first day. We met at a cocktail bar.
Speaker 3: So okay, So she's cool being out around it, Yeah, totally. Because everybody has different levels of.
Speaker 2: Society, sometimes you need that reminder of like, oh, yeah, this is why I don't drink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just go out with a bunch of annoying drunk people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So I mean, how did that meeting go?
Speaker 4: It was a really small cocktail bar. It's like a place you go get one or two drinks. They're pretty expensive.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I know what you mean.
Speaker 4: And so when I found out, I was like, oh, should be you know, go somewhere else. She's like, no, this is great. And I had a drink and she had something just like a soda water and okay, are.
Speaker 1: You are you sure? She's rolling her eyes speaking, breaking things in half in her hand.
Speaker 3: Great, it's not true at all. I totally applaued people's life of sobriety. I think that it's.
Speaker 1: Awesome, absolutely, But if you were on this date, you'd already be fo drinks.
Speaker 3: Deep because I'm not a sober person.
Speaker 2: Not on the date, not now exactly, not during your sleep now. But that's okay, let's let's learn a little bit more about sober Cindy tell us how well?
Speaker 4: In my head, I was like, we should probably go somewhere else where they have like food because this also they didn't really have food this part. So she was telling me that she's really religious while we're there.
Speaker 3: OK, okay, is that why she chooses not to drink? Then? Right?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 1: In the Lord too?
Speaker 3: Is that okay with you? Because like, personally, I probably wouldn't date a super religious person because I'm not a super religious person, and I feel like those are the type of things that you really need to be on the same level with.
Speaker 4: If not my jam either, Bye and large. But this is going to sound really shallow too. But she is so attractive.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, absolutely, let's say.
Speaker 3: So your Jesus relationship depends on how hot.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying that I would be in is did in her if she wasn't an interesting person. But I still feel this way. I'm like religious, Yeah, Okay, it's not what I would prefer, but hey, everyone's got to live their life.
Speaker 1: Bro, you're in front of a pretty girl.
Speaker 2: There's just something inside of you that's just like, keep her attention right now. Okay, So she's locked you back in with her amazing good looks. Where do you move from after the cocktail bar?
Speaker 4: Well, she was like, do you want to do something wild.
Speaker 3: To go youth group?
Speaker 1: What's wild? What's wild for a sober church girl?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you because I was like, yeah, of course, and she said we should this is true, we should go buy a back of groceries and give it to a homeless person.
Speaker 2: No o, god, wild, she's going to want to leave.
Speaker 3: But that's actually sweet, but not wild. You get the order from the homeless person first, like you're not like forcing groceries on them that they don't want or something, because excuse me, yeah they can be.
Speaker 4: Laco, you know, I was. I actually thought it was kind of an awesome idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, it's a good way.
Speaker 4: But it was late, so the only slash was open with seven eleven and it was fine. There was still some decent stuff in the seven eleven beef sticks.
Speaker 3: No, you could still get some pasta there, you know, like mac.
Speaker 4: And cheese, sandwich whatever, and like toilet trees and stuff.
Speaker 1: That's actually good.
Speaker 4: So we got this bag. It was like fifty eight dollars for the stuff.
Speaker 3: All right, that's a really nice and did you pay to like, you know, show off?
Speaker 4: I try to pay for everything on the first eight.
Speaker 1: So what happens next?
Speaker 4: So we take this bag out and we're just looking around downtown area for a homeless person to give it to, and there was this man sort of slumped over in an entry way of a business.
Speaker 1: See that's more Brooks type.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, I laid out with one really hot homeless guy.
Speaker 1: So you approached him.
Speaker 4: She was asleep, and so I was like, there's a stoop here protected from the rain, so we might as well just put this bag here, you know, And she was like I want to wake him up?
Speaker 3: No, no, why would you wake him up? Like at that point, she just like what does she want in praise from the guy, like why does she wake up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so she does wake him up. She won't take no for an answer, actually, and so she wakes him up and he's like what the you know? Yeah, and she was like, we got this package for you, you know, full food and stuff, and he sort of like glanced over and he was like, oh, you know, he's just like sleepy. Yeah, and she repeated it again. Actually, she was like we got to speak.
Speaker 3: What does she want?
Speaker 4: And then he said thank you, and so that seemed to be, you know, that was enough, and we walked away, and she was kind of in a sour mood about it.
Speaker 3: Like cry or like jump up and hugger.
Speaker 4: What does she would I think she thought that she should have gotten more recognition for the gesture.
Speaker 3: Ah, So that's not typically why you should do good things. Yeah.
Speaker 2: People, so you go and you take the food back and you find a more grateful.
Speaker 3: I mean, was that a turnoff for you because that would have been a turn off for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, to be fair, I didn't know if that was real. That's what it seemed like. But you know, people are very complicated, and she could have just been in an a strange emotional place.
Speaker 3: I hear you saying that she's hot all over again.
Speaker 1: Okay, so how did that night end?
Speaker 4: So we didn't kiss her anything because I also didn't know about like religious principles and so I'm not going to like lean in. So uh that was it. And uh I've texted her a couple of times since then. I called her once. I didn't want to be annoying, but I just never heard back.
Speaker 3: Did you think that maybe you weren't grateful enough for the date? Oh?
Speaker 2: Did you text her on a Sunday? Yeah, there's a lot of mistakes that you could have made here. But we're gonna call sober Cindy for you and try and get your second date update right after this.
Speaker 1: Update, before we.
Speaker 2: Embark on this holy journey over the phone lines in search of second date salvation. Let's first give praise to our listener, Ron, who, during his first encounter with Cindy, shunned the sin of alcohol, took the righteous path of charity to feed and bathe the homeless. He gave him some toothpaste, which is pretty close, and finally he resisted the alluring temptation of carnal pleasure and did not go in.
Speaker 1: For the first kiss.
Speaker 2: For he who takes the righteous path shall be rewarded with a second date, especially if it's with a hot.
Speaker 1: Girl named Cindy. In this we pray.
Speaker 4: I'm in.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Reverend.
Speaker 1: Basically, we're going to call Cindy and see what I just want to go out with Ron again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, Ron, do you think that you know, it was pretty obvious that you weren't a super religious dude, and that just isn't what she's looking for. I mean, honestly, it could be that simple.
Speaker 4: You know, we had the conversation at our first drink and I laid all my stuff out on the table, exposed yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely shouldn't be putting your junk up on the table by religious.
Speaker 3: Or non religious girls. Both don't appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I don't like that.
Speaker 2: But we're just joking around, man. But let's call Cindy and we'll see what she has to say. Hopefully we can get you another date.
Speaker 1: Here you ready?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello? Is it Cindy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is she.
Speaker 3: Cindy.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just have a feeling she's not going to like us, or that she listens. Yeah, I don't know. Do you listen to the radio in the morning, Cindy, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, like occasionally sometimes Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, is one of the stations you listened to have the show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: I think I've heard of it. I mean I've at least heard it like advertised.
Speaker 2: I guess big Jesus lovers on this show.
Speaker 3: You're Jewish?
Speaker 1: Still love that guy, but you we heard maybe you're you're the religious type, Cindy. Is that true?
Speaker 5: I mean it's kind of like personal. But I do consider myself a Christian.
Speaker 2: I'm practicing. I'm gonna be better for you seeing me. But the reason that we're calling is, uh, we're trying to get a little help for one of our listeners that you recently went out on a date with named Ron.
Speaker 5: Oh. Yeah, okay, yeah, So.
Speaker 3: That's why we know you're religious, is because he had mentioned it when we talked to him.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's all part of this segment that we're doing called a second Date Update. And Ron told us all about the evening that you guys spent together, which sounded pretty fun.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, he was a pretty nice guy. Like, I mean, we got along. I guess, I don't know. I guess it was just like a little disappointing and so in the end, like I tried to do something like really nice for someone, and I don't know, I just didn't turn out exactly how I envisioned. I guess, like he.
Speaker 2: Told us a little bit about going to the bar and then going to the seven eleven to pick up food and things to feed the homeless, which we thought was a really cool gesture.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was. I mean, I'm glad he did that with me. He seemed a little confused at first, but I mean he was down, which was nice, okay, But I don't know, I just didn't turn out all the way how I had hoped.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about when you insisted on waking the man up to tell him that you guys were giving him groceries? Is that what you're referring to?
Speaker 2: Because I told him that he should have slapped the guy away, so I was on your side.
Speaker 3: I think we kind of thought you should have left him to sleep, but I mean.
Speaker 5: They you know, homeless people do sleep a lot, so I mean, like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I.
Speaker 3: Well rested. I just think that those are two things that usually go hand in hand.
Speaker 1: I never thought about it that way.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's true.
Speaker 1: But what was the reason, that's what we're looking for. What was the reason that you're not calling Ron back now after the date?
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess he just did a seam down all the way with like what I was trying to do.
Speaker 3: Well, what were you trying to do?
Speaker 5: I wanted to let this guy know that we got him groceries, and you know, we did something for him, and I'm trying to help the community. And I asked Ron to like take a selfie of him and this man and like me and him.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, did he use a wrong filter? I could see.
Speaker 3: You are not using charity as clout, are you.
Speaker 5: No, No, it's not clout. It's like I just wanted to show the world, like what I'm doing, and I want to like raise awareness for this man. Like, the man didn't.
Speaker 3: Want awareness to sleep, he wanted to keep sleeping.
Speaker 5: I mean, the man wanted food and I gave it to him.
Speaker 3: How do you know that you never talked to him before you handed him a bag of groceries?
Speaker 5: White. A homeless person wouldn't want like a bag of food that they don't have to do anything for.
Speaker 3: Like, it's just like, if you want the selfie, why don't you volunteer with an organization and then take a picture of yourself at said organization and tell people to then donate to said organization specific Yeah, I mean, I like, but like, if you're raising awareness, you raise awareness for an organization that is trying to make an impact on the community. You don't go up to random sleeping people and assume what their wants and needs are.
Speaker 2: Brook certainly knows how to exploit homeless people on a profession, but it doesn't you know, who never told us any of this is Ron. His side of the story didn't include any picture. So I'd like to ask him about it because he's actually on the other line listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, Hi, Cindy, Hi, Yeah, you know I didn't mention that because it didn't actually happen. What didn't happen, she asked me, and I said no.
Speaker 2: Why why you say no? You don't want to brag about your good deeds? Selfish of you.
Speaker 4: I think Cindy actually has a point, you know. I think Cindy's heart is in the right place, I think, and he wants to raise awareness and this is a way to do that. But I'm not but it can come across as being you know, predatory.
Speaker 2: It's a border ye, I mean Brook, He's not just saying this because Cindy's super hot.
Speaker 3: I don't think that she was thinking of her heart. I think he's taking all the stuff that's in front of her heart is probably much till they're married. So I don't buy it. I mean, come on, Ron, you said no because it's the wrong thing to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't go that far. I think people have different standards that they hold themselves to.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, before I offer to send you guys out again, I feel like maybe first you should Ron apologize to Cindy for not taking that self.
Speaker 3: You you're being sarcastic. I am sarcastic.
Speaker 1: I am trying to do my job and make the connection happen.
Speaker 2: I will go to any lace to make sure that our two listeners get to go out.
Speaker 1: I know you don't care about love, but I do.
Speaker 5: You know what like apology would actually be really nice?
Speaker 2: No apologize for it would be the holy thing.
Speaker 1: Ron, go ahead, Yes, we are ready. We are ready to hear your arms spread open wife, Go.
Speaker 4: Ahead, Ron, I honestly apologize. I am sorry.
Speaker 3: What are you for not exploiting a man who was asleep?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, honestly, there was no actual exploitation happening. Everybody's got their own past, everyone's on their own journey. We all get to Heaven on different buses.
Speaker 2: Right, let's take the bus journey to date number two because send me.
Speaker 1: Now that you've got your apology.
Speaker 2: We would like to offer to send you out on another date with Ron.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you, Ron for the apology. I appreciate. I know it seems shallow, and these radio hosts that are judging me through the phone think what I am trying to.
Speaker 4: Do is shallow for you?
Speaker 5: Is what I exactly I'm trying to inspire And I you know, thank you Ron for being there with me and trying to help me with my vision.
Speaker 3: So are you going out with him again?
Speaker 5: Are you saying yes, I think your heart's in the right place, and I see I think i'd be interested to give you another chance another chair Ron.
Speaker 3: Ron.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, I'm so happy to hear you say that.
Speaker 5: To send.
Speaker 3: Combine religion.
Speaker 1: We're all happy together.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: You know what again, just stick with the music.
Speaker 2: Do I feel bad that I put our listener on the spot there by asking him to apologize for not taking a selfie with the homeless man.
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what plastic the whole time, and she thought you were.
Speaker 1: Being sincere Brooke.
Speaker 2: My charity to the world is hooking up regular dudes with smoking hot ladies, no matter if they have to grovel or beg or go against their own belief system.
Speaker 3: They're not even to hook up jeff she's super religious.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You guys always say the religious ones are freaks in the sheet.
Speaker 3: I don't say that. You told me that they'll.
Speaker 1: Figure out something to do for sure.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I want it to be clear, I never holds him to apologize.
Speaker 1: I just gave him the avenue to do it himself, okay, and he couldn't tell.
Speaker 2: Just how attractive Cindy was because Ron could not have jumped on that freeway faster.
Speaker 3: You know, it's interesting how quickly our morals moral compass just dissolves in the face of a nice set.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you know what, if you would like to become our next charity case so we could hook you up with that hot guy or gal who got away, then email the show and maybe will convince you to apologize with ulterior motives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,