Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The eighty two game NBA preseason is in the books. Now it's time for real basketball the playoffs. Don't miss out any of the playoff action. Draftking sports Book, the official sports betting partner of the NBA, from the play in tournament through the finals, Draftking Sportsbook has you covered same game parlays, live betting odds, boosts, and so much more. All you have to do download the Draftking sports Book app. You know the drill takes about ninety seconds. Download the Draftking sports Book app. Put in the code colin COOLi and new customers bet five dollars. That's a five bucks to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets and you get it instantly. Code is Colin only at Draftking sports Book. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven or visits CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill casino in resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction Voyd and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: A lot is made of the NBA ratings, and I have touched on this. Baseball, hockey and the NBA are increasingly international, and I don't think that necessarily helps your domestic ratings, but I do think the NBA is really dynamic. I've said before the sports that I truly love NFL, college football, NBA, especially the playoffs, World Cup and a great UFC fight. That's my five and sports gambling. But I thought one of the things that's been interesting about the NBA that I really appreciate, and it doesn't benefit the young teams, but it benefits the tough teams, is that the NBA has decided to do this and this has always been an NFL strength, the ability on the fly to change rules baseball really struggles with its traditionalists and its lore and its history. But the NFL has always, even though it's the number one sport by a long shot in America, always views itself as an underdog and it's not called America's pastime baseball is. So the NFL's always willing views itself as a TV show, always willing to evolve. A few years ago in that Super Bowl, Nick Foles Brady, the league literally changed its cash rule in the Super Bowl and a couple juggled catches that in my opinion, were catches were granted its touchdowns and catches that weren't during the regular season or the playoffs before the Super Bowl. So I really do appreciate the NBA. There was a big story this year in the NBA for diehards. I'm not a die hard, but I watch a lot of NBA after the deadline, trade deadline, I'm into it almost every night or every other night, watching at least a half of a game. And there's been this talk about that they started officiating the sport differently, and I really appreciated this, and I've noticed it in the playoffs. One of the reasons regular seasons are struggling in all major sports outside of football is because other sports lack urgency. The iPhone is distracting all of us. But the NBA decided to call fewer fouls, and I think it's really helped the game. I think these playoff games, there's fewer whistles, there's fewer free throws. I really appreciate this. You know, during that Nicks Sixers scrum on the floor the other night, and I picked the Sixers to win this, so you know, I'm looking for Philadelphia to come out of this malaise and beat the Knicks. I think they have more good players. But I appreciated the NBA letting the play go when the ball's on the floor, give me a break. That's that is just hustle. A ball hits the floor, players hit the floor. I'm not calling fouls unless it's egregious. I love the NBA not calling a foul. Effort wins. The Knicks had more effort. What I didn't like is the NBA coming out where the next day they come out and say that, well, there was two fouls that weren't called and they should have called a timeout. What value does that have? Embarrassing your officials the game is over. It extends the reddit board crowd who thinks the league is rigged and there's a conspiracy. We know the league isn't rigged because major markets like Detroit, Atlanta, DC, previously before the last couple of years, New York. But in the toilet forever, the league is not rooting for Wenby to go to San Antonio, Zion to New Orleans, John Morant to Memphis, and to have Oklahoma City in Minnesota and Denver running the West, steph Out and Lebron about to be out. That's not what the NBA is hoping for. But I do appreciate when a league on the fly, even in season, has an interpretation of this is hurting the quality of product for the fans. And what the NBA has done, they're speeding the game up, fewer whistles. College football has made multiple changes last several years. Speed the clock up. It is my number one complaint. Baseball, by the way, pitch clock first year attendance up eight percent, ratings up eleven. People are telling you we love the games. We don't have all day. So a lot of people criticize the NBA. I thought it was really smart by Adam Silver people were they made it sound like it happened in a smoke filled room. He just said, fewer whistles, let them play. And I think the NBA playoff to this point have been really good, really intense, and really physical. Yukon won a national championship. They were the most physical college basketball team I saw. And Minnesota is pushing around the suns. It works, it matters, and it makes for a better product. I love sports, but I have kids. You have kids, you have work. I don't have all day. Keep them going, speed them up. These are TV shows. It's entertainment. That's why Hollywood doesn't have three hour movies, right, there's like two hours fifteen minutes is to cut off for most movies unless they're gonna be all time epics like Oppenheimer, Michael Pennix Junior going to Atlanta at eight. Oh, that's interesting. Well, what they're saying is Kirk Cousins is gonna be a He's gonna be a two year player, a one year player. By the way, how lucky is Pennix? That old line Drake London Kyle Pitt's two backs. How lucky is Michael Pennix?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: That that is that's shocking. I think just because a lot of people I knew scouts during the season that had Pennix as a second rounder. I thought that was crazy. But there was a lot of talk a couple months ago that he was not a top fifteen pick. And then to go to Atlanta after they just spend all that money on Cousins, They're also getting a guy coming off a tour on Achilles right who's not a great athlete. So I completely understand what they're doing. Maybe there's doubling, I mean they're not. Maybe they are doubling down on the quarterback position. They feel good about their defense, they have a I mean they've drafted seventy five offensive skill guys these last couple of years. Their offensive line's good.
Speaker 2: Hard for me at Hase, Raheem Morris was an NFL coach, couldn't get the quarterback right, got fired, goes to the Rams, becomes incredibly great friends with Sean McVay, and Sean McVay made it very clear, dude, we had goff and moved off. So if Raheem Morris, who's a really smart guy, learned something, you know, as mcvay's best friend, you can't be good enough or deep enough at quarterback. We had goff and we moved off. And so I think this is Raheem Morris saying, listen, this is what I love about this move. A lot of these defensive coaches can struggle with how urgent is quarterback. This is like when Washington had a chance to go out and get people and Ron Rivera wouldn't make the move. Raheem's like, listen, I'm not only gonna get Kirk Cousins with this stacked offense, I'm getting his backup.
Speaker 5: So I gotta be honest.
Speaker 2: I like the move.
Speaker 4: Well, think about this. Rah he Morris had a front row seat as the coordinator two years ago when Stafford went down and they were completely fucked, right, I mean they were. It derailed their season. So you're signing a guy to a lot of money who's a really good player when he was healthy, but he's coming off of torn achilles. Yeah, and think about one of their guys in Green Bay just benefited a lot from having a young quarterback on the roster. When the Rogers things got weird, they didn't skip a beat and now they're a team that everyone's gonna love. So this is the old ron Wolf thing, and Andy followed it. I mean, all these Kyle Shanahan guys, just draft these quarterbacks. You could argue, you know, if you're all in on Kirk Cousins this year trying to win, take a defensive player, especially a defensive lineman. Their sack production has been terrible, so why a lot of people thought they would take an edge rusher or the Texas defensive tackle. But if you're gonna go off the beaten path at this position, this guy's good Colin. I mean, listen, he got hurt a lot, but he has not been hurt the last two years. To me, I love this guy. The one concerning thing is when he did play Michigan, who turned out was an NFL team, they were rattling him and he was way off. But that is a one game scenario. He has a large body of work. No one throws the better deep ball, no one, just I would say, start to finish this last two years, probably has had a better two year stretch. Jayden had a better season this year, Caleb had a better season last year, same with Drake May. But over the two year body of work, you'd have to say Pennix was.
Speaker 2: The best, right, Yeah, and I also think a lot of big game experience. I've defended him on Michigan. You know. My takeaway is a lot of NFL quarterbacks faced Alabama Nick Saban and looked awful. A lot of NFL quarterbacks can face Georgia over the last four years and not look very good. I mean CJ. Stroud couldn't beat Michigan either, so I mean they had a stacked deck, one of the most talented teams in the last decade.
Speaker 4: I listen, and I'm a Michael Pennox fan. He's one of my favorite players in this draft. I think the concerning part about it specifically, though, is right, he was sacked eleven times during the season. He had one of the best offense, so he never got touched. So he played in somewhat of a situation like a lot of the Ohio State and Alabama guys have over their career where it's a pretty unreal situation with awesome wide receivers. And he dominated, and then they started getting pressure, they started hitting him. And it's not like he's small, like I don't view him as slight, quite like Jaden Daniels. But you were at the Oregon game, up in Seattle, that Michigan game. A couple of times you're like, this, is he gonna be able to get up? That's the one. Now get a little bigger. He doesn't have to play right away. Is he immediately one of the better backup quarterbacks in the NFL?
Speaker 3: Oh, he's making eighth pick.
Speaker 4: He's making six to seven million dollars. It seems like a pretty good deal.
Speaker 2: He's the most talented backup in the NFL. Officially, you can go with that. He throws a gorgeous ball. Greg Cosell told me today brock Bauers does some things better than anybody in forty four years covering the draft on film. His ability to transition from like pre catch to post catch after the ball in his hands, he said, there's no transition. He's running full speed before and full speed after. There's just no transition.
Speaker 4: So I think he's one of the best players in the draft when you just factor in he went to Georgia in the height of their talent and dominated immediately. And it's not like he's a Southern guy. They got him out of Napa, California, which last I checked, isn't exactly producing both some brother type talents and he I'm sure he just annihilated those guys in practice every day.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, Brock Bauers is the best player. I mean, holy when somebody's getting a star Denver, Okay, they reached so bone X. I just I think in that division with Harbaugh, Herbert reed, Mahomes, you gotta get you gotta you gotta take a swing here. To me, that's what it feels like. And they're all line by the way Hayton built that thing. One year it was top seven by PFF. So you don't have a need there. MEM's in Courtland Sutton. You can get a receiver later, they need an edge rusher and a quarterback for the future. I think Denver's actually, I think their roster's okay, it's not great, but it's okay.
Speaker 4: I think taking bo Nicks in the first round is pretty nuts. But the way he wants to play, let's face it. Drew Brees the last couple of years when they were successful in the late teens, like seventeen eighteen, was not bombing the ball down the field by any means. Get rid of the ball fast, get rid of the ball accurately, and Sean Payton Sneaky's kind of.
Speaker 3: Got a little old school Bill Parcel.
Speaker 4: He will run the ball once he got Alvin Kamara. So could you just function immediately, because let's look at their quarterback room right now. It's Jared Stidham and Zach Wilson and Danucci. I mean, if that's your quarterback room going into the season, I don't care if Sean Payton turns into Bill Walsh. I mean, is that a six win team at best? You'd be in major trouble. He'd be in major trouble.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. I saw him play live twice. Here's what I liked about him. He's more athletic than you think.
Speaker 5: Well, he's a good athlete, really good athlete.
Speaker 2: Little Alex Smith, like, I mean, Alex gets on the run and you're like, oh, Alex can out run linebackers.
Speaker 5: Alex is fast, Bo can move.
Speaker 2: Bo's got sixty one starts the Oregon offense to some degree is Drew Brees's. I'm going to design a play with two options, throw it to it. So remember Bo doesn't throw a good deep ball. Breeze. Last five years, he didn't throw a great deep ball. So my take is Sean talks himself into listen, I one with Breeze, who was the best quarterback in the league with no deep ball the last four years. Let's be honest, Patrick Mahomes no longer throws a deep ball. The deep ball's great if you have Tyreek Hill and a handful of receivers. Not a lot of teams are throwing the deep ball consistently.
Speaker 5: If you have a J.
Speaker 2: Brown, it's great. Most teams don't have aj Brown. There's a lot of good teams in this league, John that don't have an over the top star receiver.
Speaker 4: Throw the ball deep ever.
Speaker 5: Look in the movie Ay Yuke.
Speaker 2: So my take on bon Nix's he's a young Breeze and you can say, well, that's ridiculous, but Price the guy's went to the SEC. The PAC twelve was the best it's been in twenty years. He was very good. He was he was awesome.
Speaker 4: He was awesome. I feel like I'm talking out both sides of my mouth because we always talk about the importance of the wiring and the character and all that stuff about bon Nicks. People love what he kind of became in Oregon. The way they talk about him. I also think you gotta be careful when you're evaluating the player of falling in love with that, and clearly Sean puts a premium on it. I mean he spent fifteen years around one of the highest character guys in like League history and Drew Brees. And that's where again you get back to the Kenny Picketts, those type players, the mac Jones, where you fall in love with the character and the physical attributes. Is this is also as simple as they were desperate. I mean, like we just talked about before they made the pit what were they gonna do roll into the season with Deanucci and Zach Wilson.
Speaker 1: I mean, they didn't have a choice.
Speaker 2: All right, do we want to bring Danny Parkins into Talk Bears. Let's bring Danny in from Chicago. Danny is the most talented young broadcaster I think of the country doing radio. Buddy and Nick Wright introduced me years ago. Like Nick Wright has a borderline gambling problem. That's why I love him. I say that as borderline is that the problem is with the casinos and the books, because he actually wins. He comes from a math family. So Danny, first of all, I was surprised. I thought I thought they would go defense Danny with the pick because the defensive coach coaches have can pound the table and kind of get Usually you know, they make two to three times what a coach does. But Ryan Poles has so much steam now, so much momentum. Eber Flus doesn't. So my take by getting Romadunze, that's a Ryan Poles call.
Speaker 5: That's my take years one percent. When Ryan Poles was here, when he got hired, people were asking him about team building philosophy, and he said, remember where I came from, and that's Kansas City. Because he got criticism for his first draft where he didn't have a first round pick, taking Kyler Gordon and Jakwan Brisker with his two second round picks. And I criticized him for not taking a receiver in George Pickens with the Jaquan Brisker pick, and he said, remember where I came from, which he was basically saying, I didn't think anyone there was the right guy to take, but I'm not going to not support the quarterback. He traded for Claypool. It didn't work. He trades the number one pick he wants Dj Moore attached to it. It does work. He trades a fourth round pick for Keenan Allen. He's one of the most consistent players in the NFL. And then the ninth pick overall comes up and he makes what I thought was the obvious pick if he was on the board, and he gives Joe Burrow his Jamar Chase. You know, these guys have a rookie contract timeline that are completely aligned. I know Burrow and Chase wereing back to back drafts, but the idea is the same, to get Caleb Williams a weapon that he can grow and develop with. I'm ecstatic. This is modern offensive football finally coming to Chicago for the first time in my lifetime.
Speaker 3: Wity nuts.
Speaker 2: You know, John and I were talking about this. When is the last rookie quarterback that got this?
Speaker 3: This is insane.
Speaker 6: Gerald Everett's a throw in. He was the Chargers' best tight end, highly productive. Well, we've never seen it for a number one overall pick quarterback. We've definitely never seen it for that. Justin Herbert had a very good situation in LA with Keenan Allen and Mike Williams, and you know he was supported with Austin Eckler and Corey Linsley. At center and Rashaun Slater at tackle, and he set the rookie record for passing touchdowns with thirty one. So we have never seen it for a number one overall pick to have this type of nest to come into and develop. And if I may for a second, because Colin, you and I talked about this on the show about like how Chicago's a place where they've never had offensive success and quarterback and goes to die and all of that stuff, and that cynicism that Bears fans is well earned. The amount of luck that led to this moment is just staggering. Week eighteen, two years ago, the Bears needed the Texans to beat the Colts, and Davis Mills led a fourteen play drive where he converted a fourth and ten and a fourth and twenty on the same drive and then a two point conversion to give them the number one pick in the Bryce Young Draft. They then trade the number one pick to the Panthers. The Panthers then have to be so bad and they lost four of those games by only three points to give them the number one pick to be in this position to get Caleb Williams. So the stars are fine.
Speaker 5: We aligning in Chicago to be set up at quarterback and have a good offense and potentially a great offense for literally the first time in my lifetime with any consistency.
Speaker 2: So Minnesota trades up twenty three to seventeen. Jacksonville slides back, Minnesota selects Dallas Turner. So ten minutes ago, John and I sort of guessed we predicted we would go on a defensive run here. So since Latto Law two goes to Indy Byron Murphy, the small but explosive defensive tackle a Longhorn goes to Seattle, that's a real need. Minnesota smartly moves up. So you know, Minnesota moved up just a little to get JJ McCarthy. Boy, this division's got This division's got good personnel. This division is freaking ridiculous. I'm sure you could do a Pro Bowl offensive Pro Bowl with the NFC North that can beat the league. I seriously believe that.
Speaker 4: I well, I mean, you'd have Danny, That's yeah. That's my with the Bears, I mean, we're all in love. I mean, how could you not be what they've done. It's not the Packers. We know if that quarterback he's playing, they're gonna be good. You'd assume their defense can't be as shitty as it's been. And the Lions honestly should have beat the forty nine Ers should have been the super Bowl. So it's you could have an excellent, improved team and still be the third best team in that division.
Speaker 5: Very I mean it could it could be a ten win team gets third place in this division. It could be. It could be three playoff teams that come out of the North.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I I think Minnesota and Chicago will battle for a wildcard spot. I think Detroit still as the best roster. I think Green Bays is young, not as good as Detroit's, but it's it's pretty damn interesting offensively. I the Packers defense never delivers. I couldn't say the last year I thought great defense.
Speaker 5: It just doesn't.
Speaker 2: The Aaron Rodgers year, it was pretty good. But they Green Bay does offense better than anybody. They can't get the defense right, even though they draft it in the first round historically almost every year. So Dallas turn.
Speaker 5: That was their night.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what I wonder with Poles, and I wonder if Poles may say this tonight in his press conference, because you hit on the Claypool situation. I mean, they missed badly on character, and like you said, he came from around Ballard and Andy. I mean, they value character pretty high with their high end guys. I wonder if they would have taken Rome over neighbors, like Rome was the second wide receiver on their board. It wouldn't shock me with that at all because his character, from what I was told is elite.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Brock heword told me that he's one of the two favorite players that he's seen at Washington and being about around the program in about twenty years. And you know what's crazy too, They they kind of telegraphed it, not the Bears, but Caleb, Like it came out the other day that Tom Pellisero had it that Rome with Dunsa was working out with DJ Moore Keenan Allen with Caleb Williams throwing them the ball. Caleb and Rome were on the same flight from LA to Detroit for the draft. Caleb put on Instagram a couple hours before the draft, how much you liked Roma Dunsay's outfit. So I think it might. I think it might come out because I mean they've been doing install with Caleb Williams I mean, this has been locked up for eight weeks, that Caleb's going to be a Bear. It would have shocked me at all if Ryan Poles admits that he asked Caleb Williams for input on who he wanted them to take at number nine and so, yeah, the character part for Poles, sure, but it would not surprise me at all if Caleb Williams had at least a say in Roma Dunsay being a Bear I saw.
Speaker 2: I've been told this by multiple scouts and gms in the league that this is the most talented top of a draft in years. Brock Bowers goes thirteen, the best run blocking offensive tackling years goes fourteen to the Saints. Byron Murphy goes sixteen. Dallas Turner, who was considered a top eight pick, go seventeen guys for years, Danny, I've always been told by scouts a good draft have seventeen to eighteen first round players and then it's death Valley. I was told this year it was nineteen to twenty. I'm amazed. My guess is Cincinnati's next guys. I think they go wide receiver. You got a defense? Oh no, they went and got a Marius Mims. This is the first pick. I have real questions with not a ton of starts. If listen, somebody's gonna bust in the first eighteen picks. This one scares me.
Speaker 5: I mean, most of the guys will bust. Multiple guys will bust in the first eighteen picks. I mean, don't you think this is maybe just Joe Burrow needs to be healthy in order for us to be good Like with the Bengals.
Speaker 4: Love the high weight speed guys too. You know, this guy's got eight starts or whatever, a little bit of a fly you know, I wouldn't say a flyer because it comes from Georgia. But pretty risky, but that's kind of their history. They take some risks.
Speaker 5: We yeah, but when Burrow is healthy, they win, for sure, win big. So so I mean, I know everybody apparently want you know, Hendrickson wants to be traded and uh t Higgins wants to be traded, and guys are getting out of there because you can't pay everybody. But I'll roll the dice with a healthy Joe Burrow and a healthy Jamar Chase. And so if this pick helps keep them upright, that's uh, that's not the worst thing in the world. The runout offensive players was just remarkable, Like we knew, we knew it was gonna be the top seven. We're like, oh, maybe it'll be the top nine. But what it was the top top fourteen, top right, top fourteen picks.
Speaker 4: If wonder if is going to start being a trend, you know, with the way college football is much more offensive. I mean, Ohio State, a historic program, is an offensive program. Now Alabama now would do bor gonna beat lean more offense. George is probably the last of a dying breed. Even Brian Kelly look at him, Jaden Daniels, Moleague neighbors. I mean, it's just wonder if this is kind of where we're headed as a as a well sport.
Speaker 2: There's two quarterbacks Shor Sanders will go very high next year. I do think cam Ward at Miami's a fascinating player. Saw a ton of them at Washington State. He is really electric. There's a third quarterback. Is the Georgia kid is I think is he eligible? He's I don't I worry about Georgia. They literally play with like it's twenty eight NFL guys. You know, It's like, I just don't It's like JJ McCarthy, Jesus, did you ever trail? Did you ever not have a third and two? I mean when was third and fourteen? I mean that's like the league.
Speaker 5: I mean, JJ McCarthy went a half without being asked to throw a football.
Speaker 4: He was Jimmy Garoppolo of college football.
Speaker 2: There's a stat that he only threw the ball, and I'm I'm this is top of the head, like he only threw the ball on third down like thirty four times, the whole thing or something. I looked at the stat and I'm like, oh no, that's not the NFL. That's that's like well, I mean Alabama quarterbacks, Georgia quarterbacks historically, and that Michigan team when you get eighteen pro players, Like that's why I've defended Michael Pennix Danny with Michigan. I'm like, do you know how many good quarterbacks look bad during that fifteen year Alabama Nick Saban defensive run like Pennicks was great. I watched him twice against Oregon like he was exceptional. Michigan beat CJ. Stroud, So like, I'm gonna give you Michigan, you were overwhelmed.
Speaker 5: I'm okay with that the Pennix thing. I'm sure you guys talked about it a ton. It's obviously the biggest surprise pick of the draft so far. Brian Baldinger said to me on the show, he was like, I hear Atlanta's taken a QB and that they love Pennix. This was like ten days ago, and I thought it was the dumbest thing I had ever heard. Because they gave Kirk Cousins one hundred million. The last three first round picks are skill position guys. The defense is pretty good, but CO try to win a division and get a piece for right now. But I wonder if they're saying we are good, Cousins is gonna make us better and so we're not going to be picking in the top ten for the next couple of years. So Michael Pennix will learn from Kirk Cousins and will have an elite quarterback prospect learn from Cousins, and then they'll never have to pick in the top ten again for the next decade.
Speaker 2: Denny. Basically, they're saying, we're gonna do a Green Bay Packer. We're just gonna this is who.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Because Penex I thought was ready to play, they one because of his age. But they're gonna make him sit for two years at least.
Speaker 2: My guess is he sits for a year also.
Speaker 5: Six So well, one hundred million guaranteed, your cousin.
Speaker 2: But I know, but they're not paying anybody offensively they've I mean, if that's why they went in free agency and can get a Rondell More, they can go get players they don't have. I mean, Jarrett the defensive lineman's making money. They're not paying. I mean, they had so much money for Kirk, They're not paying very many people.
Speaker 4: I wonder if that owner got so scarred after watching the quarterback play these last two years and says under no circumstances, after dealing with Matt Ryan for a decade, are we ever dealing with this again? So not only was he behind it, I wonder if he kind of pushed for it, like just double down on this position. Because watching Desmond.
Speaker 5: Rittoral always have a succession plan. That's interesting, that's possible. That would be an ownership thing.
Speaker 4: And Rahee Morris I was telling Colin think two years ago had a front row seat. Stafford went down and the whole season got derailed. And now Cousins coming off an Achilles. Now it's an expensive Achilles, one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: But still, Danny, we said this. Raheem was a head coach, got fired, Why quarterback? He goes to LA he becomes Sean mcvay's best friend. McVeigh is in his ear saying, dude, you're gonna get another job. But let me just tell you. We upgraded off a super Bowl quarterback. You cannot be good enough or deep enough at quarterback. And I do think Raheem is one of these, you know, these defensive coaches wearing me out. But I do think Raheem I've been told. I mean, he is quick. He is also kind of a progressive. He's not one of these, like, you know, I watched Pittsburgh Steelers offense sometime. I'm like, can you guys run motion? I mean what it looks like. I'm watching the NFL network in the eighties. It's like there are these defensive coaches, Pete Carroll, I'm like, can you can you get an offensive line right? Pete McDermott. They couldn't get a run game for seven years. Raheem's not that guy. He's got a little bit I'm trying to think Demiko Ryans is the same. He's a defensive coach coming from an offensive culture, and I think it matters. I think Kyle Shanahan Dimiko comes out and says, I get the league, and I think Raheem Morris says, I get the league. I'm with McVeigh those guys. By the way, has anybody on mcvay's tree not worked yet?
Speaker 5: Right? Which is? I mean that's why I wanted the Bears to fire eber Fluse and hire someone better than Shane Waldron, although he is saying kind of he's on the tree as well, old passing game coordinator. There. Offense is the way of the league, and obviously if you hit it quarterback, it's never a bad pick. It's just a shocking allocation of resources with to draft the old quarterback with the injuries in terms of a draft prospect, when you just signed the old quarterback coming off of the big injury like this is a very unconventional thing, at least with Jordan Love. It had worked for the franchise before and they thought Rogers was done, but then Rogers shocked him and won a couple of MVPs. Kirk Cousins hasn't played a game for the Falcons and they drafted his replacement.
Speaker 2: Okay, Danny Parkins has a book, Pipeline to the Pros. It's outstanding. Also, Danny Parkins and Spiegel. It's Chicago. It's a big radio hit. I can't believe we got you. It's nine to seventeen. You have a family and young children.
Speaker 5: Hollin, I'm in Detroit. It's ten seventeen. I'm in Detroit to see the Bears get Caleb Williams and Row. I left my four year old and two year old to my wife in Chicago. I'm here for the party. My man, I can call him Colin. The Bears just won the twenty twenty seven Super Bowl. Tonight, come on, Yeah, I'm texting. I'm texting Nick Wright, taunting him that there's no shame in Patrick Mahomes losing to Tom Brady and Caleb Williams and supermow.
Speaker 6: The volume.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for listening. If you've enjoyed the podcast, take a moment, rate and review