Speaker 1: So I'm here with Nancy Glass, host of the show Burden of guelt. This was one of my favorite podcasts in the last few years. Can you remind us a little bit about the story.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a story of a woman who grew up knowing that her baby brother died when he was four months old and she was two, but never knowing what really happened, and really wanting to learn what happened, but every time she asked her parents, they would punish her, they would beat her, and she grew up in this terrible household. And then finally, as a teenager, she finally gets a hold of the police report from that night when her brother died, and the police report says mother says two year old threw baby out of crib and killed him, And she thinks, did I kill my brother when I was two? Could have really happened? And what happens after that is the most incredible story, all these twists and turns to find out what really happened that night and why she carries this burden and why she no longer does well.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on getting the series turned into a docuseries. Paramount Plus has picked it up for fans of the show. What will people find in the documentary that's a little bit different than the podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, I think they will first of all, see the characters involved, and then you will see Tracy Riquel's father, the murderer.
Speaker 1: I mean that's huge because Tracy Riquel's father was ultimately found guilty of killing her brother, and you guys didn't get him to participate in the podcast. So you're saying, we're actually going to see him in the documentary.
Speaker 2: Yes, they will. They will see this man who was in his day considered suave, and this person is not how you would have pictured them to look, and the abuse that he heaped on people is unreal.
Speaker 1: Wolf in Sheep's clothing, for sure.
Speaker 2: It's funny. The best criminals are the ones who can kind of hide their psychopathology. You know.
Speaker 3: It's like all these people on Betrayal who just both faced liars, and I always say the scariest part of these people is how normal they can appear. And I think the visuals here will help you understand the entire story a lot better.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And so much of this story takes place in the courtroom. I imagine we're going to see some of that in the documentary.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're going to see some incredible courtroom footage, the craziest accusations and testimony. And again, you got to see it to believe it.
Speaker 1: I remember when I was listening to the podcast. You just form a relationship with Tercy Raquel in her journey and then to be able to see it on this screen as a whole other experience. So I'm really excited for that. So congratulations.
Speaker 2: You know, Tracy Raquel is a remarkable person, and she's never thought of herself as a victim, but I think she now sees that in all the things she did, she helped herself as well as her brother. She always had her brother in mine, a four month thought she doesn't even remember. But she has a beautiful family. She is a beautiful person inside and out. And while this has been very hard for her, I think it's been very cathartic for her, and I hope after the documentary airs it will be even better for her. But she's somebody I admire so much.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. Beginning February fourth, you can watch The Burden of Guilt docuseries on Paramount Plus