Speaker 1: The Just Baseball Show is presented by BETMGM. If you haven't signed up for BETMGM yet, use bonus code just Baseball and you will get up to a fifteen hundred dollars first bet offer on your first wager with BETMGM. Here's how it works. Step one, download the bet MGM app and sign up using bonus code just Baseball. Deposit at least ten dollars, and place your first wager on any game. Step three, you'll receive up to fifteen hundred dollars in bonus bets if your bet loses. Just make sure to use bonus code just Baseball when you sign up. First bet offer for new customers only, subject to eligibility requirements. Rewards are non withdrawable bonus bets that expire in seven days. In partnership with Kansas Crossing Casino and Hotel US promotional offers not available in North Carolina, New York, Nevada, Ontario, or Puerto Rico. Gambling problem Call one eight hundred Gambler. Available in the United States call eight seven seven dash eight dash, hope and Why, or text hope and Why to four six seven three six'. Nine In New, york call one eight hundred next step In. Arizona one eight hundred three two seven five zero five zero In, massachusetts one eight hundred bets off In. Iowa one eight hundred NINE a one zero zero two three In Puerto, rico or visit one eight hundred gambler dot. Net that's www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net In West. Virginia don't. Forget if you haven't signed up FOR betmgm, yet use bonus Code Just baseball and get your fifteen hundred dollars first bet offer, Today.
Speaker 2: Sat lakes, girls we will see you.
Speaker 3: Time so's The.
Speaker 2: Gunner welcome hang, Out welcome to The Just Baseball. Show it Is, Sunday may. Third That's Arm. LADEN i Am Peter. Apple.
Speaker 1: Arm get those damn fingers right because it's time for the.
Speaker 4: Weekend Roun up where we go through every game that was over the past weekend with plenty of takeaways and it's all brought to us by BET.
Speaker 2: Mgm, now if you haven't signed up FOR betmgm.
Speaker 1: Yet use bonus code Just baseball when signing up and you will get up to a fifteen hundred dollars new player offer on your first wager WITH. Betmgm here's how it. Works just download the bet mgm app and sign up using bonus Code Just. Baseball deposit at least ten.
Speaker 2: Bucks plays your first wager.
Speaker 1: On any, game and if that bet, loses you will receive up to fifteen hundred bucks in bonus. Bets remember to unlock it all use Code Just. Baseball thank you to everybody joining us here live on on YouTube During Sunday Night. Baseball if you are enjoying the weekend, roundups the best way to support these, streams make sure to smash the like button and hit that big red subscribe. Button and if you're listening to us on, Audio, Spotify Apple, podcasts wherever you get your, pods the best way to support for.
Speaker 2: FREE a five star, review Aram what a weekend we.
Speaker 5: Had it's one THING i just can't get out of my mind right. Now unplanned hilariously generic fit, matching not.
Speaker 2: Matching right. Now you're wearing a.
Speaker 5: Plain BLACK t shirt and the Black Just baseball, hat And i'm wearing a plain WHITE t shirt and the White Just baseball, hat and we just look like LIKE ai models for trying to sell the hats on our website or something like. That completely, unplanned but showing the diversity here two different.
Speaker 2: Hats check it out in the.
Speaker 1: Store, hey speaking about, it go get yourself a. Hat you can look like, Me you could look like. Arm you could even wear a WHITE t shirt with a black. Hat, yes that's legal. Shirt that is a white.
Speaker 2: Hat that is. LEGAL i would LIKE anav. Hat have you ever thought about adding a navy hat to our?
Speaker 5: Collection we can do, That, Clay, CLAY i know you're Watching. Clay can we get on. That, well we'll talk to you, After davy would be. Nice but though this was a sick.
Speaker 2: Weekend.
Speaker 5: Uh one of the THINGS i didn't, realize and it was a high scoring. Game peyton before we started recording was, like, YEAH i got seven walks in a, row like dialed up here on. VIDEO i didn't realize we had seven in a. Row we'll get there in a little. Bit but we got some, crazy some crazy games to.
Speaker 1: Recap why don't we get straight into it because we got plenty of baseball to talk. About you got five, SERIES i got, ten And i'll end With Sunday Night. Baseball get after.
Speaker 2: It let's do. It we Got phillies Versus.
Speaker 5: Marlins this is actually the only one that isn't done unless there's another One i'm not aware. Of we'll have one more game On, monday but we got three to talk about. Still game, One philly jumped out to a six to one lead On Bryson scott's first homer of the year in a four run, seventh but The fish played three in the eighth and a run in the ninth and stranded the tying run in scoring position and both of the final two. Innings Zach wheeler was fantastic And i'm all the way like so now he's, good he's, Back he's gonna be just. Fine six, innings one, run, ball eight, k's and to his first win of the. Year Kyle schwarber went over five with five strikeouts on the heels of a doubleheader where he reached base eight of nine.
Speaker 2: Times so just baseball crazy.
Speaker 5: Sport but, Anyways phillies end up winning six to, five so dope to See Zach wheeler just back into form like.
Speaker 2: That game. Two this one was All.
Speaker 5: Marlins Max meyer dominant, again facing one over the minimum in a career high seven, innings punching out, seven allowing just one. Hit philly was limited to one hit all, night they didn't have a guy reach second. Base Otto lopez And Xavier edwards had two hits, apiece including a homer For. Edwards Andrew paynter walked the tight, rope allowing three runs on seven, hits three walks in five innings for Zero.
Speaker 2: Marlins then he had to game.
Speaker 5: Three phillies got on The Marlins Chris paddock in The marlins early and that was all they really. Needed it was a sixth spot On paddock in the first and they never looked. Back Bryson, Stott, Hoolmer Kyle schwarber And Brandon Mars Mars marsh each each that's a good, challenge had multi hit. Days all nine hitters picked up a hit And Jesus wizardo went six and a third of two run ten k ball in his old stomping grounds seven to Two.
Speaker 2: Philly as they at least get a guaranteed split here in the.
Speaker 5: Series they have a chance to win it On, monday but it is An Aaron nola, start so we'll see how that. Goes it'll be yeah again the final before game set On.
Speaker 1: Monday so a couple of quick. Takeaways my first one is pretty. Fast Jesus zardo went six and a third eight, hits two earned ten punches today against The, marlins and he only give up four batted balls over ninety five miles an. Hour but it was good to see him actually get results and not just get super, unlucky because you look at the profile and you even watch him pitch and you think to, yourself how in the world does he have a five point zero nine. Era he's striking out close to thirty percent of. Batters his walk rate is about six. Percent that's why all of his underlying eer predictors are in the low to mid. Threes but we're still sitting here with a five. Er AND i think this was a kind of a perfect encapsulation of it because of a lot of these blue, pits but he still was able to strike out. Ten this just felt, like even though he got, unlucky it was one of his luckier unlucky. Starts AND i feel like all he needs is just to see some kind of go through the, hoop AND i feel like this start could potentially catapult. Him BUT i keep saying that and he keeps getting. Unlucky like he's just a very tough pitcher to read right, now and especially in small. SAMPLES i still think he's, brilliant but the results just haven't quite been.
Speaker 2: There, YEAH i think today they. Were it was like one pitch he hung late in the start to a story.
Speaker 5: RELEASE i think he did not expect release to take him, deep and, it you, know muddied up the line a little. Bit BUT i think when you rack up the ten k's make it through the, sixth, like think big step forward AND i think when we look at large, sample ULTIMATELY i think things are going to start to normalize With.
Speaker 2: LIZARDO i think ultimately we'll see it's.
Speaker 5: Funny it's hard to have a major takeaway BECAUSE i do Think monday makes a big difference here and how this series is. Perceived, Right but a couple quick things on The marlins, Side, look they Gave Chris paddock four million. DOLLARS i, know for a lot of other teams that doesn't really matter and influence your. Decisions for The, marlins that does influence their decisions because he's like the fourth highest Paid. Marlin the third highest Paid marlin Is John Carlos, stanton who's really A. Yankee so they're going to Give Chris paddock more more. Run that, said you Have brax And garrett shoving And TRIPLE. A you Have Robbie snelling shoving In TRIPLE, a AND i know that's a pay.
Speaker 2: Frustrating topic For marlins.
Speaker 5: Fans the other side of, things and maybe a move that people weren't expecting this quickly is The marlins are calling up their top, prospect top catching, Prospect Joe mack number thirty seven overall On Just baseball dot.
Speaker 2: Com that was according To Craig.
Speaker 5: Mish they are sending down they're Optioning Augustine.
Speaker 2: Ramirez So ramirez is going to go back To.
Speaker 5: TRIPLE a work on some things, defensively also, offensively he kind of struggled on both sides of the, ball and The marlins bring up arguably the best defensive catcher in the minor.
Speaker 2: LEAGUES i got a seventy grade future on the.
Speaker 5: Defense there big questions the, whiff but he's got big power and he's one of the best catch and throw GUYS i think at any level when it comes to. Catching so it's gonna be fun to see him, defensively AND i think The marlins are hoping he can be a little bit of a boost.
Speaker 2: Because this offense has been pretty.
Speaker 5: Poor over the last week or, so And mac could potentially help on the pitch with the pitching and, defense but also you, know offensively.
Speaker 1: Too do you Think Augustine ramirez getting optioning getting optioned down For Joe mack to come up was the right?
Speaker 2: MOVE i.
Speaker 5: DO i, mean, LOOK i think they could have maybe found a way to Keep augustine on the, roster but then what are you doing? There you're you're not giving him opportunity to get better or learn a new. POSITION i don't know if they want to start to you, Know sunset the catching experiment, here or if even if they, do he's got to learn how to play a new, position or if you want him to continue to develop as a, catcher well he's got to go do that by actually. Catching And Liam hicks has been too good to not having the lineup every day you, Can and Then Joe mack is too good defensively to not have him behind the.
Speaker 2: Dish SO i think it makes. Sense and ultimately it's a.
Speaker 5: PAINFUL i think decision for The marlins because it's a guy that they're very invested, in BUT i think will be better for both, parties AND i think it would be a good wake up call For.
Speaker 2: Augustine two more quick.
Speaker 1: Things did you see That Brandon marsh stat that the warmonger are put? OUT i retweeted it AND i, said this broke my. Brain how is this even? Possible batting average on balls and Play Brandon marsh's second all time To tye cop podcast Be would you mind flashing that tweet so we could see the full? LIST i put it out on My twitter as. Well the list is some of the greatest hitters IN mlb, history and sandwich right in between Like, Rogers hornsby and Ty cobb Is Brandon marsh because he's the king of swinging and missing and when he hits the, ball it's with authority and more often than not it's landing because his sweet spot percentage is really really, High like when he makes, contact it's hitting the good part of the barrel and it's finding. Grass but to be able to maintain this from twenty twenty one to twenty twenty, SIX i thought was one of the most absurd. Stats like you see The Mason miller stat where he like hasn't given up a hit and since like the millennium, started and then you Have Brandon marsh posting a similar batting average on balls and play To Ty cob And Rogers hornsby being second all.
Speaker 2: Time that blew my head. Off, yeah IT'S i don't really know IF i have a clear explanation for.
Speaker 5: IT i, mean he's pretty, fast he hits the ball pretty, hard, uh and he's a laftiss.
Speaker 2: A little bit quicker out of the.
Speaker 5: BOX i have no idea how he has one of the highest batting averages of ball on balls and play of all.
Speaker 2: TIME i don't see how that could possibly.
Speaker 5: Sustain but, yeah It's Ty cobb at three eighty, Three brandon marsh at three, Seventy Joe, Jewish Joe jackson at three, Six hornsby at three sixty, five And Rod carew at three fifty, nine which is, like you've had a great, career like Brand marsa had a great, career but like you'd expect the numbers to be better than it's actually just the weirdest STAT i would. Love i'm sure warmonger can can explain it to us and like give us a little bit more.
Speaker 2: CONTEXT i know he, Listened so if you hear, This, warmonger.
Speaker 5: Uh please please give us a little bit of explanation BECAUSE i know he's as good as it gets when it comes, to you, know breaking these things.
Speaker 1: Down, yeah make sure to go give him a follow as. Well puts out a lot of great. CONTENT i want to get to the next, series BUT i really want to ask you your early returns On Andrew, paynter BECAUSE i think it's been a little bit hit or, miss but like you see flashes of a true frontline guy and then sometimes you see flashes of a guy who not should be in the minor. Leagues but it's clearly a five starter at the. MOMENT i just kind of wanted to real quick get your kind of gauge On Andrew.
Speaker 2: Paynter, YEAH i still think he looks pretty.
Speaker 5: GOOD i think execution continues to be the issue there when you look at like the shapes and the. Stuff that was the most encouraging part was that was a little bit of a concern last. Year but he just seems to struggle at points to put guys away and at times get.
Speaker 2: AHEAD i think it'll get.
Speaker 5: BETTER i think, ultimately like he is avoiding you, know a fair amount of of of hard. CONTACT i think ultimately the stuff in a vacuum looks.
Speaker 2: GOOD i think he's gonna get better as a year.
Speaker 5: PROGRESSIVE i don't think it's gonna be a fantastic, year LIKE i think it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a growing year for.
Speaker 5: Him remember there's a guy that was struggling at points In TRIPLE a after not pitching for multiple.
Speaker 2: Years BUT i do think he's gonna be a net positive for.
Speaker 5: THEM i think he normalizes in the low lowish fours and then.
Speaker 2: You, know by next, year hopefully we see him take that big.
Speaker 1: LEAD i love it because he's still young and even if, here if this year is not, amazing he could still have a phenomenal. Career AND i really like the point that you. Made AND i think it's really important that this is the first year that he's recovering from that, injury, Right so you're not going to get full entered painter right out of the.
Speaker 5: Gate, Yeah like last year was like his first year back and racked up the, endings and then this year is like his straight to the, bigs you. Know SO i think it's in terms of pitching, age he's probably two years younger with all the time he had off going straight From higa to really pitch into the triple a for a full. Season, YEAH i think this is gonna be a bit of a, process and at the end of the, day the talent's, abundantly you, know, clear there.
Speaker 2: No doubt about.
Speaker 5: It we'll Go Dodgers' cardinals here and The cardinals just stay.
Speaker 2: Hot game.
Speaker 5: One cardinals set the tone by playing three in the, first including a two run shot From Nolan gorman Against emmett She. Hen Alex burrows and also homered against She, hen And Jordan walker had a four for four day with two doubles and two driven. In Matthew libertore was, solid allowing two runs in five and two thirds innings seven To Saint. Louis we go To game, two most of the scoring, happened and pretty much all the scoring happened in two. Frames Saint louis played three in the bottom of the third against Rookie susaki that included a two run shot From Jordan. Walker remember when people were saying he's gonna start to slow down, Here, nope that's his tenth of the. Year dodgers got two across On riley O'Brien in the top of the, ninth but he hunkered down and secured his ninth save of the year by punching Out dalton rushing off the bench to end the. Game michael McGreevy was outstanding as well as we Lose. Peter on the visual, side McGreevy was awesome six shutout, innings pushing HIS era down to two point five to two through seven. Starts i've enjoyed watching McGreevy pitch so. Much the guy is just an out. Getter three to two win For Saint. Louis you go To game. Three can The dodgers salvage the?
Speaker 2: Series? Yes he.
Speaker 5: Can when you Got Justin robleski on the, mound who spoiled The Dustin may revenge, Game robuski shoved kind of. YES i technically. Yes six, innings six, hits no, runs one, walk zero.
Speaker 2: Ks more on.
Speaker 5: That in a, Moment Andy pihes And Hay Sung kim had rbi hits and put The dodgers up in the second inning and that would hold for a four zero. Victory Dustin may was not bad six innings of three run, ball but The dodgers avoid the sweep with a four to one. Victory Justin roblets is the second pitcher since twenty seventeen to toss six innings of shutout ball without a. Strikeout Jose quintana did it in twenty twenty. Four then he has to go back To Zach davies in twenty. SEVENTEEN i don't know what robueski strikeout rate is now after pulling low.
Speaker 1: It's below four per. NINE i think we're looking at three point seven. Something that's what we're sitting with right.
Speaker 5: Now with him his it's three point seven to five k's per. Nine, yeah For Justin, robuski you, know one point two five. Eer So cardinals take the Series.
Speaker 2: Dodger, salvage but now they've dropped two straight. SERIES i think the bigger story here is.
Speaker 5: That, look we're all expecting The cardinals to slow. DOWN i still think the pitching is going, to you, know become a little bit of a shortcoming by the end of the year in the marathon that is A Major League baseball. Season But michael McGreevey's gonna give you two hundred innings this year, potentially and that's what we've talked. About and at the same, time you, know you're also going to get you, KNOW i think some guys coming up fm the minor leagues to be able to help.
Speaker 2: Them, look they're playing good ball right. NOW i thought it was really.
Speaker 5: IMPRESSIVE i Hope cardinals fans are starting to show up to the park a little bit more again and enjoying this young.
Speaker 2: Team as for The, dodgers they're really hard to.
Speaker 5: Sleep even when they're not playing, great they're gonna usually salvage that last. GAME i just can't get over look at the names the other guys in the last like fifteen years that have gone six plus shutty without a. Strikeout Alec asher in twenty, sixteen AND i have no idea who that. Is Chris, Medlin Danny, duffy emerging A, Siovanni, Guyardo Rick, Porcello Nathan. Eovaldi that's shocking that he wouldn't have had a strikeout in that. Outing Blake beavin never heard of. Him And Tim hudson in twenty. Twelve he was probably.
Speaker 1: Forty years old at that. Point really fun, list really fun. List AND i think The cardinals are a really fun team right. Now and you, KNOW i go live on TikTok around what twelve thirty Pm eastern every, day and BEFORE i get into my, PICKS i just answer questions about, baseball and one of the most common questions That i'm asked, Is, peter what do you think about The, Cardinals because you, know we talked betting and they know That i'm on over sixty eight and a half, wins AND i kind of give the same answer every.
Speaker 2: TIME i don't. KNOW i don't know what This cardinals team.
Speaker 1: Is you know WHAT i do know that this that these five at the top of the, Lineup, Weatherholt Win walker WHOM i, Forgetting Yvonne, Herrera Alec, burlason like these. Five i'm enjoying the shit out of watching. Them i'm enjoying some of the starters in the, rotation And i'm Enjoying riley O'Brien in the back. End AND i know That Heim bloom has a. Plan If i'm A cardinals fan watching this team this, year don't go in with any. Expectations just enjoy the, ride because to arms, point are they more than likely gonna slow?
Speaker 2: Down? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right but at the same, time as we sit here, today The cardinals have one of the best records in. Baseball, Right so going into the, season your preseason expectations was sixty eight and a half, Wins you're at. Twenty you just took two of three from The. Dodgers so, NO i can't tell you that The, cardinals, yes are definitely a playoff. Team i'm also not gonna say that The cardinals are just gonna take a huge. Dive my advice would be enjoy. It this is, Fun they're playing good. Baseball it's a young, core you have a plan and things are looking.
Speaker 2: Up who knows that's gonna. Happen that's the biggest thing with this team.
Speaker 5: Too it's, LIKE i think it's a lot easier to enjoy it when you're watching building blocks of your free franchise continue to blossom before your, eyes, Right LIKE Jj weatherer holds.
Speaker 2: A building, Block herrera is a building. Block walker is a building.
Speaker 5: Block now been a big, One burl listens to building, Block mason wins a building. Block and then even like other guys that you're, like can they turn themselves into pieces for? Us LIKE i wouldn't Call Nathan church a building, block but he might be a complimentary piece that you actually you have pencil in to the future, here you, know you look And michael, McGreevy LIKE i looks like An innings eating building block for you the relievers are, different and you, know maybe you end up just getting a haul For riley, O'Brien but that's. Great, like remember they're doing this Without Lars, newbar who's like entered this. Year is they're most established, guy even if he hasn't.
Speaker 2: Fully fully reached his.
Speaker 5: Potential they've still got a bunch of guys in the upper miners. Too Jimmy crooks has been one of the best performing catchers In TRIPLE. A it's just not really a spot for him right. Now very similar archetype To Joe, mack just a little bit more watered. Down and they've, got you, know some other interesting arms in the upper miners that are either banged up or could you, know come back and be available sooner rather than. Later so NOW i think this is a this is a great situation for The cardinals THAT i think you can start to see this thing come. Together AND i mean they could be really competitive as soon as next. Year although they're technically competitive right.
Speaker 1: Now definition of playing with nothing to lose and those type of, teams they're dangerous and that's what The cardinals are showing right. Now so are they a playoff, Team no, Idea but just enjoy the.
Speaker 2: Ride it's gonna be a fun.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 2: Yeah and, again LIKE i just watching watching them create, runs score. Runs they're never out of. It they.
Speaker 1: Are they are one of the most underrated watches in baseball right. Now good, defense good base running as. Well like it's just a it's A and someone brought this up like no one Expected uncle ted in our YouTube. Chat no one expected The Blue jays last. Year that was a seventy six and a half win projected. Team people forget that and look what they. Did you never know with. Baseball could The cardinals be the shock of the. Season maybe we'll.
Speaker 2: See things have. Happened crazy things have. Happened for. Sure we go to the next.
Speaker 5: Series speaking of The Blue, jays we Got Blue jays Twins game One Byron buckson went three for four with a homer and a. Double Ryan jeffers went two for four with a, homer And Bailey ober worked six innings of one run. Ball WHEN i WHEN i already go into the box, score you probably know how this game went seven to one. Twins, Bonda morris And topa held it, down Limiting toronto to Just Adulton varsho solo shot for that seven to one, final.
Speaker 2: But Blue jays were back In game.
Speaker 5: Two buckston did homer again And Austin martin had a three hit, day but it Was toronto's day, overall and it Was Kazuma okamoto's day.
Speaker 2: Overall it was maybe his, series even though it was.
Speaker 5: Split ultimately multi homer day For, okamoto who was really heating.
Speaker 2: Up won't be the last to hear of him in this.
Speaker 5: Series coming off Of Simon, Woods, Richardson Lnin, sosa And Johndrick pinango each had three hit. DAYS i can't Believe pinango went unselected in the rule.
Speaker 2: Five pinango drove in.
Speaker 5: Two Pat corbin handled business five and the third innings of two run ball seven to Three toronto In game two go To game. Three toronto's eight run top of the eighth got, ugly which included a basis wooded walk and a two run double From David schneider and a three run homer From Brandon. Valezuela buckston homered for a third day in a, row his tenth of the, year But Lenin, Sosa maustraw And okamoto homered as well For. Toronto Dylan cees worked seven, innings allowed three und, runs of punched out seven eleven to.
Speaker 2: Four. Toronto we go To game.
Speaker 5: Four Treya savage makes his second start off of THE il and what was supposed to be a fun matchup Against Joe, ryan but Unfortunately ryan would just leave the game after two batters due to elbow.
Speaker 2: Soreness so very much hoping he's okay, You.
Speaker 5: Savage was effective through four, innings scattering five hits and three walks to allow just one run while striking out, six but The twins got all Over braid And fisher in the, fifth WITH rbi doubles By Luke, Keyshaw Cody, clemmons And Matt wallner all in the same. Ending The Blue jays called back late with Another Kazuma okamoto.
Speaker 2: Homer but they would fall short four to. Three.
Speaker 5: Minnesota low hanging Fruit Kazoo Kazuma okamoto is going. Crazy he's heating Up Byron buxton is really really heating. Up of, Course Joe, ryan wait and see hope for good. News there not a ton to take away because it's a four game.
Speaker 2: Series it gets.
Speaker 5: Split you had like a couple of lopsided games in both directions and then a battle in the final game where things were not you, know didn't go as expected obviously With Joe ryan getting. Pulled SO i think the biggest takeaways from me are just, individuals and Then i'll take any opportunity to highlight Jo Hendrick pinango enter today five for ten to start his big league, career AND i can watch that guy hit all.
Speaker 2: Day he has not struck out.
Speaker 1: Yet he's got a, fun violent swing like that finished from the left side of, like, dude are you?
Speaker 2: Hitting get died? Hired like?
Speaker 1: It kind of it's almost like a golf finish and he it's almost like he's slashing a sword through the strike.
Speaker 2: Zone it.
Speaker 1: Is it is a fun swing to. Watch And Kazimo okamoto his swing looks really good, too and he's just putting balls in the air and there flying out of. Ballparks right, now if we're looking at some of the hottest hitters of the last, week what was it four or five straight games with a, dinger right he's getting his ops up to eight, hundred AND i know he's still struggling a little bit with the swing and, miss but again it's a guy who just came over from THE. Mpb he's still getting his feet under him and he looks like a great. Hitter two unfortunate, Things George, springer this is one of those series For Blue jays fans that is going to be largely. Forgettable, right you split with The twins on the, road, whatever you move. On But George, SPRINGER i think avoided a fractured tow right when he fouled that ball off of his. Foot hopefully he is. Okay and then on the twin, Side Joe. Ryan, right they already Lost Pablo lopez in the. Rotation luckily they've gotten guys Like Connor preelip to step up and. Others, Right Taj bradley has been, Great Bailly ober has been better. Recently, like they have a group of guys that they can go. To but if you Lose Pablo lopez and then you Lose Joe, RYAN i, mean what is the team supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Again as your? Opponent, yeah The Blue jays.
Speaker 5: HAVEN'T i had it as bad as anybody in the big wig. Side the twin situation gets worse if you start looking. Organizationally Emmanuel rodriguez was playing out of his.
Speaker 2: MIND i was playing, really really well and he went down with a thumb.
Speaker 5: Issue he's had recurrent thumb, issues quitting surgery in the last couple of, years he's. Hurt and Then Walker jenkins today just crashed into the wall hurt his. Shoulder we don't know what the report, is but it didn't look good. Either so that's their two top prospects that are potentially out, again both guys that have just not been able to stay on the field at.
Speaker 2: All and for The twins are building for the future, here it's really. Tough a couple of your key.
Speaker 5: Guys getting hurt at the big league, level maybe two of your trade chips as, well and beyond, that just guys that would help keep your seasonal float if you were trying to, compete which seems like they kind of. Were and then two potential reinforcements and long term pieces for you who can't stay healthy both get hurt as.
Speaker 2: Well really rough weekend for The twins on that side of.
Speaker 1: Things before we get to the next series rum this is a great message From King, raj who's also is awesome in our. Discord fun, Fact okamoto's two homers off f SW r was the first time A jay's hitter hit two home runs off the same pitcher in one game Since Davis schneider did it In august last year Against Simeon Wood's Richards Simon. Woods Richardson man, Like i'm having trouble watching. HIM i, mean he is just floating the worst stuff into the middle of the. Zone he has two matchups this year Against Patrick. Corbin Patrick corbin is two to, oh just straight up out dueling. Him that's where he's at right. NOW i think The twins need to give him a good hard look and, say are you really going to continue to? PITCH i, mean With Joe, ryan what can you do? Now you might your hand might be. Forced BUT i mean this is he has some of the worst Pitches i've seen this season and they all happen in like one individual.
Speaker 5: Start his strikeout rate is, down it's halft from last year.
Speaker 2: Halft SO i don't know what the deal is.
Speaker 5: THERE i haven't done the dive on him, yet but uh, YEAH i mean obviously there's something diminished going on with him right, now and there's some arms in the upper miners for The twins that could, be you, know knocking on the door of an.
Speaker 2: Opportunity go To atlanta And.
Speaker 5: Colorado In Denver game, One colorado kicked things out for the five run bottom of the, first But atlanta played seven of their eight runs in the back three innings against The rockies. Bullpen Matt olsen's tenth And Mike harris's seventh were homers For, atlanta And Mickey MONI i comored For.
Speaker 2: Colorado he had a crazy.
Speaker 5: Series Jose kintana worked six innings of one run ball For colorado at the, outset And diddi Or fuentez got his first big league win after working in inning and relief eight to Six atlanta In game.
Speaker 2: One go To game, two nine One, atlanta it was All.
Speaker 5: Braves it was the first Time Chase dolander really got tagged this, year allowing eight hits and three walks in five and a third innings to the tune of a six. Runouting Chris sale gross again seven innings of one run, ball eleven k's and root to his sixth win of the. Year, already this is WHERE i start to get excited about, wins when guys got wins this. Early, now when we're on twenty win, WATCH i don't care ABOUT i become an old, head AND i don't care about your. Analytics Rick Baldwin Austin riley And Matt olson's eleventh homers Or Matt olson's eleventh were homers for The. Braves Austin riley getting, going and that's what maybe they're hoping that he can. Do you, know when you get a series here In denver nine to one final again For atlanta in game, Two game, three eleven, Six, Atlanta Spencer strider. Returns he battle command, issues going just three and the thirds innings three, runs walking, five striking out.
Speaker 2: Six the six strikeouts is the.
Speaker 5: Positive you AND I peter talked about how we like surprised we were that this was his landing.
Speaker 2: SPOT i imagine that it was just.
Speaker 5: Timing they didn't care about the results as much because they know their offense. Bangs they, said don't Worry, spencer don't chase. Results just go out there and throw a little bit and then we'll go. Win and that's exactly what they. Did braves offense at his, Back jonah him And Jorge matteo homeward in the second, ending then three runs in the, fifth two in the sixth and three in the ninth were what gave them that eleven six. Win Mickey maniac did homer two more, times bringing a season total to eleven in a losing.
Speaker 2: Effort but The braves.
Speaker 5: Sweep maniac looks like he might be The Rockies All star representative with the way he's. Trending, look just when, you even if you're playing good ball as The rockies are right, now when you have a red hot team that is destroying baseball's coming Into, coors you're like racing for.
Speaker 2: Impact Man like you're just you just know that it's probably gonna be a fireworks.
Speaker 5: Show and that's exactly what The rockies. GOT i don't even think you could say The rockies did anything. Wrong you welcomed the hottest team in baseball to your launch pad and they.
Speaker 1: Outlaunched you couldn't agree more real, Quick Mickey moniac is leading The National league in ops right. Now the former number one overall pick had a wild, ride and he hit pretty well With colorado last, year like he was an above average hitter when you look AT wrc plus and this year are twenty seven years.
Speaker 2: Old he's hitting his.
Speaker 1: Peak Arm maybe it's going to be a short lived, peak But i'm enjoying the hell out of it on The brave, Side SO i Bet rockies money line like a freakin' moron On, sunday because generally, speaking sweeping The rockies At cores is a tough, task no matter how bad they have been sincewo thousand and. Four in spots like, these they're seventy three and fifty. Three last, year even when they won forty three, games they were six and two at home On, sundays avoiding the, sweep and this year they were one to.
Speaker 2: Zero in that.
Speaker 1: Spot The braves put out a lineup without roner To Kuno junior because he just unfortunately hit the il And i'm looking And i'm Like Eli, White, Jonaheim Jorge, matteo and as a car, Or you're, Like i'm gonna win this. Bet felt all confident going into. It Eli white had two, Hits jonaheim had two hits, Homered Jorge mateo had two, Hits homer Mike ystremsky had a great play in right field and he got a. Knock and then you just Have, Baldwin albi's And olsen in the middle of the. Lineup Du bond didn't do, anything doesn't. Matter Austin riley had a knock and five abs and struck out three.
Speaker 2: Times didn't.
Speaker 1: Matter they are they are an unstoppable. Force unstoppable this, game then great teams.
Speaker 2: Lose, yeah you.
Speaker 1: Take your foot off the Gas strider is making his twenty twenty six. Debut you're you're gonna put It Raynaldo. Lopez you're not even gonna put it your key bullpit. ARMS i mean they did at the end because it was relatively, close but this WAS i know it's against The, rockies but knowing past history and how hard it is to, win this specific game is incredibly. Impressive like they beat the shit out Of Kyle. Freeland it looked like they weren't even. Trying this is such a good. TEAM i, mean The dodgers absolutely have.
Speaker 5: Company YEAH i was gonna say like, that we just did the power, rankings but, this right, now this is the best team in baseball in terms of how they're playing right. Now this is not the team you want to. Face they're team rolling. Everybody everybody's, hot and they're only getting more. Reinforcements like we talked, About kim's on the. Way some other guys are gonna be healthy the back in another month or so as. Well In, waldrip Maybe. Schwallenbach they're they're.
Speaker 2: In a fun.
Speaker 5: Spot i'm excited to, see you, know if THEY i don't even know.
Speaker 2: Now it's not a matter of like if they can.
Speaker 5: Keep this, rolling it's just like how well they'll keep it rolling and how good it can look for. Them is grade one hamstring strand For. Acunya hopefully it won't be too too, long but that'll be.
Speaker 2: Something to monitor as. Well absolutely go to the final series for Me Kansas city And.
Speaker 5: Seattle this was a lopsided one and not the way you'd expect. It In, Seattle Cole reagan's Versus Brian wu not the pitcher's duel that you would.
Speaker 2: Expect neither were very, sharp But reagans at least gave his team a better. Shot The royals tags wou for four in the, first.
Speaker 5: Ending two runs coming On Julio rodriguez home run and his first of two homers in the. Game both teams traded, homers Though Vinnie pascatino And Jack caglion also left the yard for The, royals but The royals were also able to hold on late seven to Six Kansas, city even with The Julio rodriguez. Onslaught reagan struck out eight gave him seem a shot wu roughed UP i think for six total. Earned go To game. Two this was lower Scoring Seth lugo Versus Emerson. Hancock lugo was, Good handcock was. Great The mariners took a two to one lead into the ninth before it Clutch Jack COYGLEON rbi.
Speaker 2: Single but let's just focus On Emerson.
Speaker 5: Hancock real quick seven, innings one, run six, hits fourteen strikeouts and no. Walks this was the day that they Retired Randy johnson's number fifty. One jersey And Seth lugo made a joke after the game that they he asked, like did they Unretire Randy johnson and put him on the mountain? There it is ridiculous What Emerson hancock has been. Doing fourteen strikeouts is the most by any pitcher this year so. Far that, Said Kansas, city they fight, back they tie, it and then they ultimately take the lead in the top of the ninth and they were able to hold on three to.
Speaker 2: Two Kansas. City lucas Her sag was also look.
Speaker 5: Sharp we'll talk about him in the final, game but go To game, Three rose win four to. One Chris bubach was. SPECTACULAR a three run fourth inning was all they. Needed seven, innings four, hits one, run two walk. Seven K's Luis castillo.
Speaker 2: On the other, eye on the other, side allowed four earned runs over six.
Speaker 5: Innings it actually brought his lay down to six point two nine and then ersg you know, again just looking sharp in leverage of. LATE i think that's the exciting part if he says in the crazy in a postgame part LIKE i love this shit or.
Speaker 2: SOMETHING i gotta pull that back. Up but.
Speaker 1: Uh sweep by The royals In. Seattle huge series sweep For Kansas. City going into this, game The royals were three and twelve on the road in twelve and nineteen on the. Season you lose another series like this and we start to ask real questions and The royals need to keep stringing wins. Together but to go Into, seattle Where seattle is always such a tough team to beat At teamobile no matter if they're good or they're, bad they just excel at. Home those pitchers are on. Fire we saw it With hancock and The royals just overcame. It they needed this. One this was a massive, sweep Best i've seen them play this. Season but again they gotta keep stringing wins. Together and With, HANCOCK i, Mean i'm gonna say it, AGAIN i tweeted after his first, start this, guy The mariners sixth, starter would be at the top of a lot of teams, rotations and people THOUGHT i was. Crazy they THOUGHT i was a. Lunatic they THOUGHT i was, overreacting AND i said that this low, slot this is a different. Picture this guy was taking number six, overall, Right this guy always had a great, arm and sometimes guys just emerge and figure stuff. Out And Emerson hancock is a completely different. Pitcher and this, version it doesn't quite look Like brian wu but it kind of reminds me of him in a, way just because it's that low slot, heater that invisible up in the zone that guys just aren't. Touching but the thing is With Brian wu is he's almost all heaters And hancock has this electric. SWEEPER i don't know how many swings and misses he got in this, game but it felt like. Thirty he just has the mix and he has the live. Arm this is a real pitcher and this guy should survive throughout the season and only, survive but. Thrive and When Bryce miller, returns which is. Imminent you're Moving castillo out of this. Rotation you ain't Moving, hancock no, way you.
Speaker 2: Can't you.
Speaker 5: Can't and the command has been really cool, too to just see continue to get better as he's. Changed just saw when he first just saw. It we saw him start to have success out of The bullpen're, like, okay maybe they got a you, know a sinker, sweeper funky arm action reliever out.
Speaker 2: Of Emerson hancock at this. Point and then.
Speaker 5: Now this evolution to where he is mastering the four seam and the two seam to where it's two distinctly different, pitches and he can run that four seamer at the, top but then he can throw a two seam where they gets eighteen horizontal zero vert from that from that low you, know release.
Speaker 2: Point that's.
Speaker 5: Nuts and then the way that you can work that sweeper when you have the two seamer going eighteen inches to the arm, side the sweeper going sixteen inches to the glove, side and then the four seamer you can buzz. Up he has a cutter in between there as, well and then a change up will sprinkle. In he can really go all four quadrants and and you can't really have a comfortable approach against, him especially right on. Right it was twenty one whifts by the way in that, game so even you're like what it felt, like answer was not even that far.
Speaker 2: Off it's crazy.
Speaker 5: Stuff and this is one of the best fastball evolutions I'VE i can. REMEMBER i, mean went from a fastball that was a bad AND i know it took a crazy, change but most guys can't do that and then throw two different. Fastballs credit To, mariners you, know like, pitching you, know coaching and, infrastructure but also credit To Emerson hancock because if one he wasn't willing to do, this and two if you didn't have the talent to do, this wouldn't. Possible it's really cool to see a pitcher reinvents himself like, this you, know after pitching in the big leagues for.
Speaker 1: A little, bit no doubt about, it and on just switching over to The royals real quick to end it because they deserve more, love right they coming off this. Weep we don't mean to just focus On Emerson. Hancock it was just one of the best performances we've seen all, seasons so we're obviously going to look at, him but This royals offense like to, see you, Know, Garcia Bobby With, Junior Vinie, Pascantino, Salvi Carter, jensen And Jack haglion all hit the ball hard On. Sunday is a really good sign because all those GUYS i named are all incredibly talented at the, play and yet none of them have AN ops at eight hundred or. HIGHER i think the HIGHEST ops from all of them Is Bobby Wood junior at seven sixty, four and he's leading all shortstops in four, somehow just because the defense is great and he's obviously an amazing.
Speaker 2: Player but they need to start.
Speaker 1: Hitting so for them to hit the ball hard to get this kind of confidence booster against a team Like, SEATTLE i Think seattle In seattle, exactly AND I i hope that they just continue this because it's clear that The royals have. Talent they've just been. Inconsistent, like let's go on a run three straight, Wins let's make it, six, Right let's start sweeping series and get back into this because The royals are too talented to be at the bottom of The American. League they just, Are LIKE i was an eye on them going into the, season but they're not this.
Speaker 2: Bad they just. AREN'T i think they're better than they were last, year that doesn't always mean that they're going to win more.
Speaker 5: GAMES i think the team's more talented than it was last, year SO i, agree, WELL i think they're too good TO i agree be down, there and this SERIES i think is gonna be galvanizing for them and hopefully kind of the start, of you, know an upswing.
Speaker 1: Here let's move over to the next, series but PODCAST p would you mind giving us our first? Whoosh, okay let's Talk Deep backs Versus. Cubs game, One cubs, win six to. Five The cubs jumped out to a three to zero leite and then never looked. Back Michael bush And Carson kelly both had multiple, hits And RBIs bregman And swanson both had our. Hits D backs rallied in the, sixth highlighted by a three run jack From heroldo Per, domo but it wasn't. Enough gallon had a really rough day three and two, thirds seven, hits six earned, runs and the wind was blowing in like it's also context is important, Here like it was a bad start and he had the pitching additions at his, back and it just didn't end up going all that. Well game Two cubs win two to. Zero shoda was brilliant seven, innings, pitch four, hits no, earned one, walk five. Punchies Right nelson was great as. Well the only run he allowed in five and two thirds Wasn't Ian hap home, run but And Ildemaro vargas did lose his hitting, streak which is, unfortunate but what a run it was For Ildemorrow. Vargas and then we moved To game, Three cubs win eight to. Four Gaby moreno ripped his first homer of the season in the, second but from there it was All. Cubs first it Was Carson KELLY rbi, single then A moballer two run, shot than A Michael bush bases clearing, triple then more are For Michael bush And Carson.
Speaker 2: Kelly D backs.
Speaker 1: Finally got back on the board with a homer in the ninth From adrian Del, castillo but it was too, little too, late And Matthew BOYD i, thought pitched extremely well given the. Conditions right in this, game the win was blowing straight. Out he went six, innings four, hits two, earned five, Punches cubs, sweep and Again podcast p is flashing this. Graphic longest hitting streaks of the twenty, twenties Il Tomorrow vargus tied With Trey turner at twenty, seven And Trey turner also had another twenty six game hitting streak shot Out Eldamorrow.
Speaker 2: Vargus what a. Run but we got to talk about The.
Speaker 1: Cubs The cubs when they are rolling this, Offense Mo baller getting put right in the middle of. It that's just another eight to FIFTY ops. Hitter AND i know right now he's hitting three twenty with AN ops at like nine to. Seventy BUT i think when we look at the, season it's going to be in the eight to fifty.
Speaker 2: Range like they just got him, right he just fifty would be incredible for a.
Speaker 1: Rookie he's too good a hitter WHERE i just DON'T i think it's gonna be above eight. Hundred he's got he makes really good swing. Decisions he's got power to all. Fields but he's not selling out for, power like he's not a big with. Guy this guy was just built a. Hit he's gonna he's not gonna run the, bases but he's just built AND i love watching him swing the back and.
Speaker 2: He's he's just such a pure hitter. Man it's just so it's it's so easy for.
Speaker 5: Him the other part that's exciting is like he's kind of been that like replacement and in terms of production For Michael busch Before Michael busch has been able to get going. Here But Michael busch had a nice. Series and If Michael busch is starting to, hit PCA's been heating. Up this is a, scary scary. Team when those guys.
Speaker 2: Are are, starting they've been scary already this.
Speaker 5: Year but if you've GOT pca heating up And Michael bush looking like he looked last, year this offense is a. Problem the other side of it is, that Like Colin, ray he just continues to go.
Speaker 2: Out there and give you a.
Speaker 5: Shot most starts is gonna be his blow up here and, there but to fill in right now like he's been able to hold it.
Speaker 2: Down, Matt thank you. Boyd having a great START.
Speaker 5: I think is absolutely, Huge like that's a guy that you're gonna really really really, need and then you already.
Speaker 2: Mentioned show to like can he keep doing this like this is?
Speaker 5: Amazing we'll see like when the win's blowing, out if it's the same, way but you only give up four hits and walks one. Batter if he did, that even when the wind was blowing out every single, time he'd be he would be in a lot better spot through those rough patches last.
Speaker 2: Year this is a better show to AND i think all all.
Speaker 5: Things are going well for The cubs right now in terms of you, know on the, field play.
Speaker 1: Yeah when they when they're hitting like they. Are this is one of my favorite watches In Major League baseball because there's nobody in the lineup that's a big swing and miss. Guy like you go From Nico horner to Moball er To Alex bragman To Seas azuki To Ian hap like and they Just Michael, Bush Pete, Crow, Armstrong Carson. Kelly we can keep going down the. Line all of them have abilities to like hit three. Hundred maybe outside OF, pca there's a lot of swing and miss, there but it's like one guy in the, lineup and you, know WHEN pca is, hot he can be second IN mvp to show, HEY O tom like he was in the first. Half This cub's lineup is so damn good, Yet, BREGMAN pca And Michael, bush all of ops's that start with a. Six you say to, Yourself Michael bush is heating, UP pca is heating. Up what happens When bregman heats? Up Dear, god this team is. Good and that's why SOMETIMES i don't even care That Matthew boyd had a good out at your. Show that, is it doesn't. Matter they just they'll outscore. You they just need fine pitching. Performances, fine, yeah and that got great once this weekend and that's when they.
Speaker 5: Sweep and what's great for The cubs has come deadline, time especially when the offense is just. GOOD i, know like they've been a little, bit you, know a little bit more reluctant some of the Dead hoyer has been at the. Deadlines like when you have an offense this good and it's so abundantly obvious where you need to. Add you don't need to add anything position player, wise unless somebody gets. Hurt you're not gonna need to do. That even if someone gets. Hurt you have matt shot a plug in wherever you. Need you know exactly what you need and where you can allocate all your resources to more pitching and go from there and hopefully they, do you, know ultimately Get justin steal.
Speaker 2: BACK i know he had a little set, back but hopefully they get him.
Speaker 5: Back but all their assets are going to, pitching and that's going to be the easiest PART i think of how to handle.
Speaker 1: The, deadline the most obvious trade deadline need maybe in the. League, Yeah cubs just get more.
Speaker 2: Pitching all.
Speaker 1: Right let's move over to The reds taken on The pirates and this was another sweep game, One pirates win nine to. One Mitch keller was awesome seven, innings three, hits one earned six, punchies but the offense was just as. Good reynolds got the hard part of the cycle a homer and AN rbi, Triple Henry davis homer, twice And Marcelo zuna homeward as well moved a game. Two, ugly ugly, game but also so. Entertaining pirates win seventeen to. Seven the first inning produced seven, runs two From sincy on a night LOW rbi double that dropped right in between O'Neal cruz And Brian, reynolds but both of them would make up for it in the bottom. Half in the bottom, half excuse, Me pirates put up five highlighted BY rbi doubles From ryan, O'Hearn Marcelo zuna And Connor. Griffin Will benson homerd For. Sincy but then the bottom of the second inning happened probably the worst inning in the twenty or twenty first century for The, REDS i, mean seven consecutive walks From Rhet, Louder Connor phillips And Sam mule led to a five run inning that tied IN mlb, record last achieved in nineteen eighty three and the other time it took place back in nineteen oh. Nine and then another five run inning from the pirates Is, Horwitz, Cruz reynolds and O'Hearn all HAD rbi. Hits it was a bloodbath now but to day he homereed, late but this one was over early And Rehet louder not good eight, earned only got four. Outs E ara is up to five nine on the. Season and then In game three complete opposite Of, Saturday Chase burns And brax And ashcraft were. Fantastic burns seven, innings three, hits no, earned one, walk seven, punches eras down to two two.
Speaker 2: Zero.
Speaker 1: Braxton ashcraft was just a little bit better seven and two, thirds four, hits no earn two, walks six, k's his era is down to six h two and O'Neil CRUZ rbi single in the eighth to. Score Connor griffin decided this one and The pirates. Sweep do you want to start with the seven walk? Inning you want to start With Connor griffin ever since he turned twenty years old is hitting over four. Hundred do you want to talk About Braxton? Ashcraft do you want to talk About Chase? Burns do you want to talk about The pirates getting a big time sweep at home over The reds this? Series we could actually do.
Speaker 2: The whole roundup. ON i, mean what a series is so much.
Speaker 5: Fun it's a really hard lead lead to succeed when you're. Nineteen once you're, twenty it's, easy really easy from.
Speaker 2: There and it's been.
Speaker 5: REALLY i, mean, dude if they if that is, All i'm sure there'll be some more, turbulence but if that's all it took for, like you, Know griffin to be able to just shake out of it and he ends up Becoming If Connor griffin is a seven eighty ops guy for them this, year AND i know long term he's way better than. That right with his speed and his. Defense that will continue to get better. TOO i know he may not great Out, greade it will get.
Speaker 2: Better.
Speaker 5: Yes in this, lineup he's, like they're seven hitter right, now hit right. Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah him And, nicknzalez, Well nickos also said three thirty at the bottom of the, lineup like they're, good they're.
Speaker 2: Good adds a different.
Speaker 5: Dynamic and then If Braxton ashcraft and he, Again i've always talked about, it he was always a prospect that when we would talk about him on the call up or the right, ups it was a top one hundred talent that couldn't be ranked in the top one hundred because of just how ridiculous the injury history. Was but there's been a lot of guys who have put that behind them and then had, long successful major league. Careers And braxton's already throwing more than in deeper and going longer into, games and he really ever did in the minor. League so it seems like he's on the other side of all. That and that's so exciting because, Again Jerry jones looked diabolical in his. Rehab they're gonna get him. Back it's getting easier and easier to buy. Into you know what This pirates team is. Doing and you, KNOW i look At The. Reds it's a bad. SERIES i think you can compartmentalize it and and you, know turn it around next. Series but it could also very easily be the start of like a little bit of a. Skid so you've got to make sure that doesn't. HAPPEN i think you're just seeing, though like when Salth stewart And ellie de La cruz don't, hit like who does.
Speaker 2: And you, know in game three it was. Nobody In game one it was, Nobody.
Speaker 5: And in game two they did get some you, know knocks from some other, guys but it was also kind of out of hand and everybody walked, everybody you, know so it made it a little bit different. There, Ultimately LIKE i think this was a great series By, pittsford BUT i also think this is kind of a part of the concern with The reds that if you, know if the heart of The order isn't isn't doing what they normally, do Like sala is on a skid right, now it's really hard for the rest of the lineup to.
Speaker 1: Produce, yeah and that was those were the concerns THAT i had for The reds moving, forward, right we were talking about buying or selling these hot. STARTS i was, like all, right you, Know i'm looking at the underlying for their. Bullpen they're. Overperforming they've gotten some, key timely. Hits it's really hard, to you, know do stat on a regular, basis and it's really been on the backs Of elie de La cruz and Salth. Stewart and we see what The reds offense did when Salth stewart isn't, hitting and it wasn't, much and then the bullpen didn't have a great. Day But lauder was another pitcher WHERE i was looking at where it's, like all, right he's way. Overperforming his peripherrals as. Well Brady singer hasn't.
Speaker 2: Been all that.
Speaker 1: Good, luckily they're gonna Get Nico lodolo back soon and Then Hunter green will. Return this is still a good. TEAM i just don't know Whether i'm buying that they are a prohibitive playoff, team LIKE i was being told By reds. Fans AND i Love reds, fans, RIGHT i was big on The reds last. Year we have an amazing listener base Of reds. Fans But i'm always gonna be honest and just this, year this team right, NOW i think they're overperforming a little bit and they caught a slide right. Here but at the same, time the magic could just be or the lack of magic could be short, lived and then they turn it around next series and the record will then speak for. Itself but, AGAIN i JUST i don't know whether to buy The reds or, not and it's one of the more confusing teams in.
Speaker 5: Baseball shout j J b has been a nice little addition to the, lineup, THOUGH i will, say and AGAIN i do think fair amount of the credit still does need to go to this Uh pirates team here that you, KNOW i Think marcello is in a homer Ring like he had a, KNOCK i think a couple of knocks two throughout the. Series, LIKE i still don't think he can be this bad we. SAW i think he's just incredibly streaky at the stage of his. Career if he can get it going a little bit here, too This pirates offense is going to be a lot of.
Speaker 1: Fun Podcast Peter Our Private. Chat first loss for The reds this year in a game that was within two. Runs they were twelve to zero in two run or one run games to open twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Six, yeah and it's not. Sustainable it's Not, no it's gonna be. Tough who, knows?
Speaker 1: Right where do things have? Happened all, right let's move over To brewers Versus. Nationals game. One brews win six to. One this was The Jacob mazerowski, show throwing five and a third without allowing a hit and striking out, eight but he had to exit with an. Injury Pat murphy did come out and say he'll be, fine so that's good news at. Least and more good news came from this, offense Notably William contreras four for five with three.
Speaker 2: RBIs what a. Day brewers. Win game.
Speaker 1: Two brewers win four to. One three first inning runs ended this game quickly As Kyle harrison continues to dominate. Now he did scatter seven hits in this, one but he went six strong one, earned only walked one five, strikeouts lowering HIS era to two to. One two And Brandon lockridge led to Charge, milwaukee going two for four with two, RBIs And Foster griffin took his first loss of the, season but he was still really solid again six. Innings he only allowed three, hits but three earned eras at two to, two, seven they moved To game, Three national. Salvage they win three to. Two next man up attitude for This brewer's rotation As Logan henderson came up and Gave milwaukee six innings of two run ball with just three, hits no, walks and eight. Strikeouts but the they got the last, laugh highlighted by Two Nazi NUNA'S rbi singles and A Jose TANIA rbi. Triple this one is another tough one to have a lot of takeaways. From you'd expect kind of The birds to win two of. Three they.
Speaker 2: Did they got.
Speaker 1: Good pitching, performances, Thankfully misrawski is. Okay Kyle harrison continues to. Shove Logan henderson looked, Great Foster griffin looked. Great national struggled a little. Bit that's the, Series like it's gotta like if if if you pulled all baseball, Fans isn't that exactly what they'd say this series was gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Before, yeah ESPECIALLY i was maybe even The nats getting swept Though i'm surprised they they have not been hitting really since they've Been they have not hit since they were, hitting and like the last week or, so they've been one of the worst offensive. Teams but, YEAH i, agree like this would be exactly how you would think this would GO.
Speaker 2: U but, YEAH i mean five total runs in the series for The.
Speaker 5: Nationals huge part is because ran into a couple of The brewers' best, arms and the other part is that The nationals are struggling a little. Bit but telln McGill is starting to put, together hopefully some better appearances. HERE i Mean jacob As rawsku is throwing a no. Hitter it would have been cool to see ME i try to finish. That of, course a little hamstring tweak there unfortunately cut that. Short, YEAH i don't know IF i have any major takeaways because it seems to have gone.
Speaker 2: Exactly how we would have thought it would. Go and The brewers are still kind of fighting the score runs ultimately.
Speaker 5: Still but as we, saw they can still take two out of three a lot out of a lot of, series even as they still kind of fight to push runs.
Speaker 1: Across but even when you say, that, LIKE i don't want to bag on The brewers for their offense not really clicking when you don't have yellig and you don't Have choria and you don't Have, vaughn so it's, like, yeah this isn't their full. Lineup you look at the lineup card that they're putting out every day and it's a bunch of guys who you don't expect to, hit and they're still winning ball games because they're such a great. Organization so right now they're just trying to tread water and their guys come back and then they'll lead The brewers. Again so we're just kind of in a wait and see period with His brewers. Offense i'm not really going to look at their you, know, stats really on offense because, again it's not their full, lineup similarly to The Blue, jays and there's a couple other teams Where i'm just, like, yeah if they're not, hitting it's not really their, fault AND i put The brewers in that. Category all, Right let's move over to The orioles and The. Yankees this is a fun one game One yankees win seven to. Two both teams traded runs, early highlighted by A Pete alonzo, dinger but from there it was All. Yankees Caba arro, Homer Ben rice had a three run shot and all of a, sudden it was five to one and this thing was. Over Will, Warren, GOD i love. You six and a, third three, hits one or nine k's eras down to, two three.
Speaker 2: Nine just.
Speaker 1: Fantastic and Then game two was just as fun for. Me yankees win nine to. Four yankees Gave bradish a hard, time putting up five and four, innings raising HIS era to five zero, three but it was almost all From Cody. Bellinger homeward ripped AN. Rbi grisham even got in on the fund with a homer as, well and Then bellinger would homer again in the, fifth his third extra base hit in the first five innings of this.
Speaker 2: Game now The.
Speaker 1: Orioles would, rally But bellinger again brought home a run on a, single and Then Jazz chisholm did the. Same Pete alonso hit his second homer of the, series but this was All, yankees and then we moved To game. Three yankees won eleven to. Three Trey, gibson in his major league, debut hung two. Curveballs Ben rice And Aaron judge took advantage and he exited with three earned runs and four and two, thirds and then The oriols bullpen got blown, up not really all The oriols. Bullpen it Was Andrew kittridge who allowed seven earned highlighted by A Jason mingus, homer and then in the same inning from the other side of the, plate ripped AN rbi. Double freed was below average for his standards five and a third six, hits three, earned six. K's, again he pitches into the sixth inning even if it's not his, day and HIS era went up to, two three to. Nine, dude this was such a good series from the N. Yankees you're Seeing Jason emiguez get called, up hit the ball hard from the left, side and hit the ball hard from the right. Side those evs from the right side are certainly. Enticing you're getting production from the bottom of the. Lineup you're getting good starting pitching performances From Ryan weathers From Will warren For Max. Free the bullpen came in and do the. Job Ben rice contusion on his. Hand hopefully he's. Okay exited that Game On. Sunday what Happens Paul goldschmi comes in and gets AN rbi, knock and this From Meredith. Morokowitz Ben rice exited today's game left hand contusion that he sustained on a pickoff attempt while playing first base in the third. INNING X ray's negative day to. Day that's a good sign. Too Austin Wells Jazz, chisholm like everything is going, well AND i. Understand Anthony volpi thirteen games in his rehab, assignment put up a six point fifty. Ops yankees Optioned. Tom you got to earn your way on this. Team this offense is two damn good. EVERYTHING i, mean this was just it's the Best i've seen him play all. Year they looked so.
Speaker 5: Good three hits From ryan. McMahon that's when you, know you guys are. Dialed, yeah, yeah it's it's large. Part this is another one of those circumstances where struggling team not. PLAYING i think The orioles fans to say they're playing playing, terribly but you, know playing pretty badly runs into team that's dialed and on the, road and the dial team at home is going, to, uh you, know take care of. BUSINESS i also just seeing The domingo swings from the right, SIDE i wonder if that was part of the reason, why you, know they decided to bring him up, too is just feeling confident That domingos would give, you, know a little bit more quality of contact from the right, set so you don't have to be it's not a guy that you're you, know worried about platoon splits.
Speaker 2: With that adds another layer to this team as.
Speaker 5: Well if he hangs, around AND i mean the fact that you Have goldmate Replacing rice and he drives into really really good spot to be in right now if you're The, YANKEES i think The. ORIOLES i, Mean Pete alonso has just got to get. GOING i, know he hit a, Homer he's starting to show some signs of, life but they really need him to Be Pete. Alonzo you, KNOW i thought they've really struggled against left handed pitching this, year and they really stacked the lineup to potentially make it a little bit more difficult on free AND i thought they started to in the early, going and then it just didn't matter with the ward Rochman alonso, O'Neill you, know start to the, lineup which is guys that have either historically crushed, lefties and you, Know adlie has been better from the right side this.
Speaker 2: Year adley's just been better.
Speaker 5: Period but they just can't really find it right, now And i've got a lot of guys right.
Speaker 2: Now it's still in that lineup that you get the back.
Speaker 5: Half all of a, sudden it's Like Kobe mayo is still trying to find it at the big league.
Speaker 2: Level Leodi Taveres.
Speaker 5: Uh then you're going To Weston, Wilson Blaise alexander like it's. It it drops off a little. BIT i want to also shout Out Trey. GIBSON i don't think he looked bad big league, Debut top one hundred prospects for us for The, ORIOS i do think this is a guy that could ultimately help them ran into a really good. Team four and two thirds to three run ball on the road and your debut At Yankee. STADIUM i don't think this particular. BAD i Think gibson can end up being a helpful arm for them this.
Speaker 1: Year i'm not saying that the season is certainly not. OVER i wouldn't want to start with. THAT i would just point out The ools are fifteen to nineteen with a negative thirty run, differential like the season is not getting away from. Them but at the same, time they got to start stringing together wins if they want to compete in This american. LEAGUE i know The American league right now is all bunched up because there just aren't that many good, Teams but if you want to truly, compete, like the REASON i Think orioles fans are so upset with this team right now is it's such sloppy. Baseball it's bad, defense it's bad base. Running it's striking out on pitches outside the zone with runners in scoring, position like that's the baseball that as a, fan it makes you want to tear your head. Out it's one thing just to, lose, right teams lose all the.
Speaker 2: Time it's going to.
Speaker 1: Happen you can have bad, stretches but when you're playing sloppy like, that, right and that eleven to three game On, sunday it was much closer early on and then just the doors got blown off and then it's a eleven to three. Hurts the run differential makes talking heads like me look at the standings and be, like this teammate all that, good but it keeps happening to. Them they're playing really, sloppy bad baseball right. Now and when you run to The yankees on the, road who are as, dialed this is the result just a.
Speaker 5: Bludgeoning they Need westburg And holiday back really really, badly because even If holiday is a one to TEN wrc plus, man they just need quality at. Bats holiday gives you quality at. Bats westburg is obviously a guy that can play even above that. Level they just when you look at this lineup right, now the young guys are letting them, down. RIGHT i, Mean kobe Meyo is is letting them. Down Colton kowser is letting them.
Speaker 1: Down gunners that well Who gunner's not playing that, Well.
Speaker 5: Gunner's not playing and you know who'll get going and he's defending and he's been. Fine if you told me That Adley rochman would would have a one SIXTY wrc plus And Taylor ward would have a one forty seven to start the, YEAR i, say, oh The o's learn a good spot to start this. Season saido has been heating up and has been really starting to figure it. Out but it just feels like it's like guys taking turns here and just trying to carry the back half of this. Lineup so, Yeah westbergen And holiday can't come back soon. Enough AND i, Mean holliday just keeps having these minor setbacks on some swings and, stuff and it only makes it.
Speaker 1: Worse and they need good starting pitching performances as, well because IF i told you at this point in the, season Both Trevor rodgers And Kyle bradish would be hovering eras in the, fives you'd be, like, oh, no did they win a?
Speaker 2: Game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right because those are their, dudes And Shane boss has Been he's flashed really good. Stuff it's just the results haven't quite been. There and then they're just trying to find somebody to give them a decent outing look. Over, yeah and they. Can't let's go over to The astros and The Red. Sox this one was who wants to lose? More game, One Red sox win three to. One the only runs came here on, homers but what separated them was The socks had guys on. Base krey hit a solo shot For. Houston Jared duran hit a three run shot For. Boston Jake bennett solid five, innings five, hits one, Earned Mike burrows tossed the quality start six innings and three run, ball But ashros didn't. Hit and then In game, Two ashros did hit and they won six to. Three it was five zero after four innings As houston roughed Up connolly early four, innings five, earned three, walks three k's As zra climbed to three seven. Nine he still had a great, season but this was his one of his rougher starts of the, season if not the. Roughest Christian walker led the charge, here ripping AN rbi, single, anahomer And Bryce matthews also. Homered Spencer arraghetty was effectively, wild walking five over five innings but only allowing one. Run he's four and oh one nine SIX E game. Three this, GAME i gotta be, HONEST i watched.
Speaker 2: It it. Sucked, yeah like that baseball.
Speaker 1: Game ashros win three to one in ten. Innings raiders worez. Again this is another reason WHY i didn't like this. Game he was rolling for four shutty for hurting his, hamstring but it was, reported thankfully THAT i think he's gonna make his next, start so.
Speaker 2: That's a good.
Speaker 1: Sign but the Only Red sox run came out On Jared. Duranholmer Spryce matthews tied it up on a sackfly double play like.
Speaker 2: Throw home was.
Speaker 1: Late Then altuove got thrown out at, third and then we just head to. Extras Then Cam smith came up with the tenth ripped a single to score Two booth review And houston. WON i, mean this is just, ugly but The astros win a series and The Red sox. DON'T i, mean this was two teams playing bad baseball right. Now did you see That Wilson contreras.
Speaker 2: QUOTE i was pulling it up.
Speaker 5: IMMEDIATELY i believe it for us that was. Strange uh, Yeah Wilson contreras after the. Game this is Via Tim healy on long time friend of mine from The Boston. Globe wilson contraras After cora got released or, fired the guys got loose a little bit more BECAUSE i feel like the tension was.
Speaker 2: Gone why was the follow? UP i don't.
Speaker 5: Know When alex wasn't in the, out the team was like excel noise was what was said? There like, loose but it doesn't. Matter we have to play. Better weird, quote what.
Speaker 2: Are you talking? About what is he talking? About he's saying that firing was. GOOD i guess he said we were more relaxed When cora was let.
Speaker 1: GO i guess it's not resulting in. Anything they're playing terrible baseball right. Now going into that, game three of the six headers who are at the bottom OF, wrc plus The Red sox got three of.
Speaker 5: Them you think you think got a friendly nudge from the front office to go say that he's the.
Speaker 1: Leader he's the leader at the, Glubhouse, like, hey weird thing to, say, yeah especially after several other teammates were clearly don't feel that. Way contreras hasn't been working With cora that. Long that's the other crazy.
Speaker 5: Part the biggest thing to me is you had other teammates saying, like we wanted a better ex explanation for, this WHICH i think implies that they would rather that move not. Happen he had others that, say, like you, know we feel like we Let alex, down blah blah. Blah AND i know sometimes you just have to say those, things BUT i would guess that a lot of the team doesn't feel that. Way so going out and saying that and kind of speaking for your teammates in that fashion.
Speaker 2: Probably not a good.
Speaker 5: Idea LIKE i wouldn't be, Thrilled like IF i had a decent relationship With Alex korra AND i played for that, TEAM i wouldn't want that being put out technically on my behalf because he's saying the. Guys the guys supplies, everybody, Right SO i wouldn't be thrilled with that If I'm Wilson contraras's, teammate and it just seems like.
Speaker 2: Everything that can go.
Speaker 5: Kind of weirdly wrong or just be optically negative finds a way to happen right now At Emily.
Speaker 1: Park The astros won the, series you got anything positive on? THEM i, MEAN i Guess Spencer, raghetti but he didn't even look that good in his. START i know he's had like a good start to the, season And i'm happy for him and The astros need, arms BUT i can't be, like, oh, Wow Spencer raghetti looked, awesome he walked, five he walked a guy an.
Speaker 5: Inning they might be able to trade The Christian walker. Contract that might be the good news. THERE i, Mean Christian walker is playing out of his. Mind he's already like matched his production to last. Year and you know how Happy Jim crane will be to be able to get even lower below THAT cbt if he can. Move Christian walker took a fastball to the. Head fortunately not doesn't seem like he's gonna be. Hurt looks like that might be a contract they can. Move that might be the most positive Thing i've got for, them because it's twenty million this, year it's twenty million next. Year If Christian walker is swinging it this, way there might be some teams that, are you, know.
Speaker 2: Shopping around to add. Him other than, THAT i got.
Speaker 5: NOTHING i think if The astros are, sellers it's gonna be a really unique deadline because a lot of guys that you wouldn't presume would be traded could be traded BECAUSE i don't Think crane's gonna want to just sit height. There that, said they took two out of, three so they got some time. Sales they'll try to prove that they can make this thing. Work but it's crazy That bolton to Blue, ball To occurt To Delo santos to a, bray you put up one run on The Red, sox or like held The Red sox to one run in ten.
Speaker 2: Innings so shout Out, astros.
Speaker 5: But i'd say shout out The Red sox for doing their part there PODCAST.
Speaker 1: P i THINK i need a woosh just to take a quick break from This Astros Red sox brain rod of quotes and the way they. Played let's take a quick break before we get to the next. Five, whoosh all, right let's talk about The giants and The Rays. Man The giants Suck game, one raise win three to. Zero shane mcclenahan just gets better and.
Speaker 2: Better this.
Speaker 1: Time he tossed six innings of scoreless baseball with five, hits no walks in five, strikeouts lowering HIS era to three to one zero And Junior homeward yet another shutout for The. Giants moved To game. Two giants did score one run in this, one raised win five to. One first bats start For Landon group this, year allowing four earned on eight, hits and with how The Giants bass was swinging, it they left him no chance of. Winning the combo Of, Griffin jacks And Jesse schultens went five and two thirds without allowing or while allowing just one. Run Luis riaz going three for. Four it's the lone highlight For San. Francisco moved To game. Three giants scored one run, again raised win two to one and ten. Innings Casey schmidt brought home a run on a single in the first and that was.
Speaker 2: It For San.
Speaker 1: Francisco they wasted a scoreless outing From Tyler mallley as he pitched into the sixth, inning only allowing four hits and striking out, five but The rays just bunted to a. Victory the bunt parade brought home the tying, run and then an Extras Jonathan arona singled to write to Score simpson and The rays. SWEEP i got nothing positive to say about The. Giants you could probably hear it in my. Recap watching them this, WEEKEND i felt LIKE i was waste my own, time AND i don't feel that way When i'm watching baseball BECAUSE i love watching. Baseball watching The San Francisco giants try to hit right, NOW i feel LIKE i should be doing other, things LIKE i, should you, know get some chores done around the. HOUSE i should get some more, SLEEP i, should you, know start watching college. Baseball like The giants' offense right now is just unbearable to.
Speaker 5: Watch the only, guy every one of the, few That i'm enjoying right now Is Casey Schmid because as you, know you can probably remember back to like Early Just Baseball show.
Speaker 2: Days it's like this guy is so much better than people give credit for incredibly.
Speaker 5: Biased take BECAUSE i watched him go two way on The cape WHEN i was calling play by play games for they could two At kedaliers in a championship season where he shut the door and went deep in the championship.
Speaker 2: Game but point, being.
Speaker 5: There's always been a guy THAT i think is a really unique player because he played really really good third, base so good at third that he could actually plug in a short stop and then play great second. Base And i've always thought there was more power in there and started to show that at the end of last, year AND i think he's really starting to show that this. Year schmid's been one of the lone bright spots for. Them one forty THREE wrc plus so far this. Season, actually if you include today's game as we're recording, this one forty, five as he had two more. Knocks but that's the craziest part is you're getting guys like you, Know Casey schmid contributing a couple other more unsung guys starting, to you, know put together some dcent, abs and the guys that should be hitting, aren't and it just puts you in a spot where like.
Speaker 2: You're just not producing at.
Speaker 5: All, Yeah Drew gilbert's even been good since coming, up and you, know you look at everybody else and it's just Been Futrid, Chapman Adamis, Devers they've none of these guys are above.
Speaker 2: League average right, now and it's just been tough to.
Speaker 5: Watch and Then Patrick bailey look the barometer like where he needs to be to be a solid. Catcher as we've talked, about he doesn't need to be a very good offensive. Player he can't be one of the worst offensive players in the sport by like thirty. Percent it's Himick Bryan hayes right, now he's.
Speaker 1: Not the worst offensive player of the sport as his Teammate Raphael devers.
Speaker 5: Is BY wrc plus attacked actually, him but by war it would Be devers TWENTY wrc plus For Pat, Bailey, uh that the only guy.
Speaker 1: That's for anybody, listening like you might not know WHAT wrc plus, is that's.
Speaker 2: Okay that means he's eighty percent below league average.
Speaker 5: Eighty but no amount of strikes you can steal that makes that. Okay so he's gotta make it. Go the same With kebriyan as he's got like a. NINE i think it's gotta be.
Speaker 2: Better.
Speaker 5: Offensively they're just a very flat team to watch, You AND i think that's the biggest reason why you feel what you feel is, like, ah.
Speaker 2: They don't even play with.
Speaker 5: Energy it doesn't you don't feel like like even a team that's, struggling like sometimes you can just see them trying to fight out of.
Speaker 2: It, LIKE i just don't feel anything with this. Team it feels like it's over before it. STARTED i totally agree with.
Speaker 1: That and on The ray's, side the race of the fourth best record in? Baseball does anybody know that The rays of the fourth best record of? Baseball they are twenty one and. Twelve they are probably so thankful to have the trot back because they are so tough to beat in that freaking. Stadium they're eleven and four on the. Year they just swept The. Giants they've been phenomenal at home this. Year they've won nine of their last ten.
Speaker 2: Games BUT i swear to you are IF i swear to, YOU i don't know how it's. HAPPENING i raise. It i'm just like they.
Speaker 1: Won they got a good performance from the starting pitcher this. Day the bullpen did just, enough they had just timely enough. Hitting they they're the Bunting. KINGS i, mean nobody's bunting more than The Tampa Bay rays and they're doing.
Speaker 2: It the nerds got rid of. BUNTING i thought the nerds eradicated.
Speaker 1: It it's a it's a full. Circle we went from bunting as stupid to now teams like The rays of The brewers butting. Again and then bunting will be come back and they'll start doing it a little league and, everything and then The rays of The burgers will stop doing.
Speaker 2: It it'll be, like, nah it's actually not cool. Anymore so we're just at a revolving. Circle well it's it's kind of.
Speaker 5: Sick and now all of a, sudden your favorite oldhead uncle who hates everything about the game today is going to be a Pro rais guy now when they're in the playoffs manufacturing runs the other.
Speaker 2: Thing Johsnh schwoltz is gonna love the. Race oh, yeah oh. Yeah it's like the Trop is.
Speaker 5: Wild it's almost like their own obstacle course that nobody else can perform. At it's like when you're Playing Super, sluggers you go LIKE Dk jungle and just A Donkey kong has just such a disproportionate advantage because you're not ready for like the barrels to roll and hit. You. LIKE i, know it's just a baseball field with the ninety feet bases and sixty foot six inch, mound but for whatever, reason it seems like it's just an obstacle course for everybody else other than the.
Speaker 2: RACE i agree with. THAT i think getting the trop back is huge for. THEM i don't, know, MAN i. CAN'T i can't doubt this team.
Speaker 5: Anymore they're another one where it's JUST i don't know how they do it, completely but they are really.
Speaker 2: Smart they have the couple mashers obviously.
Speaker 5: A trio that is, disgusting but then they've got these on table setters THAT i think helped fit their identity with What simpson can do and What frailey can. Do you, KNOW i think there's just this peskiness to. Them cedric moments has been unplayable and they're still doing.
Speaker 2: This they could end up.
Speaker 5: Pivoting to somebody else to get those abs, too and it could get better from there. Too so the other thing lasting on, Them they're gonna start stretching Out griffin. Jacks let's see what that looks. Like i'm sure it'll look good.
Speaker 1: Somehow so he's been going like two to three innings and he looks, good AND i think they're just, beginning and they kind of piggyback him again With, shultens who has like got this weird slider that works at the, drop and like you watch a pitch and you're, like, oh and then he's through four. Scoreless you're, like, oh BUT i didn't love. It hayes is at minus four right.
Speaker 5: Now is that is a negative FOUR wrc plus that it's a comment we just got that is one hundred and four percent worse than league.
Speaker 2: AVERAGE i could do. THAT i, THINK i think THAT i think you can do. It you get a.
Speaker 1: Shot let's go over to The guardians against The. A's this is a fun. Series game. One guardians win eight to. Five Brent rooker ripped a two run shot in the, first and Then Chase alatter brought home two on a, double and then we were nodded it two. Early same thing happened in the. Fourth geloff brought home two on a double for The a's and Then Reeze hoskins did the same For, cleveland but an on Hell martinez sack fly Gave cleveland the lead and they never looked. Back hoskins Homerd naylor And rokio RIPPED rbi doubles and The guards took the series. Opener game, Two guardian's win fourteen to. Six a's had a lead in this one through four innings if you can believe, it highlighted By Shay langler's, homer but so Did Austin, hedges and then it got. Ugly guardians were put up four in the fifth and then score in every inning after, that highlighted by homers From Kyle manzardo And David. Frye Austin hedges best game of his, career backpick to Nab Lawrence butler behind the dish and he went three for five with a homer and a double shout. Out Austin hedges move To game three as. Salvage they win seven to. One this is a home run. Party Colby, thomas Zach geloff And Tyler's Tyler soderstrom all homeward For sacramento and the only run From cleveland came on a chase to latter. Homer Parker messik had his first bad. Start it's gonna, happen going five innings while giving up four, runs but he still had six strikeouts and his era is still two four.
Speaker 2: Zero savali just Did savali, shit.
Speaker 1: Scattered seven hits over six, innings only allowed one, run and got the dub to avoid the. SWEEP i Think Parker messick kind of ran into An a's offense At. Sacramento, yeah that needed to salvage the series and had a ton of focus going in and in that, stadium it's tough to.
Speaker 2: Pitch he gave him a couple.
Speaker 1: HOMERS i still thought he pitched, Well LIKE i really enjoy watching him. Pitch this performance means nothing for me going. Forward that's my takeaway is.
Speaker 5: Nothing and he still gave him five and he kind of went six if they really wanted him. To didn't walk anybody struck out six like. THIS a good pitcher when he's off still gives you five, innings four run ball and you got a, chance right like you're not dead. Yea SO i don't have much to take. There it's always going to be hard to get out Of Sutter health with a, sweep kind of like similar to The rockies system that you talked. ABOUT i think it's going to be similar through the years of. THEM i don't, know there's not that much time more of them playing, there but it's gonna be. SIMILAR i think if you have a chance to sweep The, a's it's going to be really hard there when they go bombs away at home and just how much of a hit or environment it. Is don't have any major. TAKEAWAYS i think The guardians are starting to play some good. Ball it's fun to, see you, Know Travis bizana up there and he had the two knock day to close out the, series and if he starts to settle in, THERE i mean that that adds a fun element to this. Lineup Austin hedges he had twenty five hits.
Speaker 2: In one hundred and eighty plate appearances last. Year he's more.
Speaker 5: Than halfway there in forty four played. Appearances here's thirteen hits and forty four played. Appearances, there we go shout. Out career high in hits was eighty three in twenty. Seventeen he's not had more than fifty hits since twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: ONE i Think austin's gonna get.
Speaker 1: There the second he, retires he is going to be number one on every team's coaching Big. Board gains every team you want to bring. It Austin hedges to manage this, team and he's got a chance.
Speaker 5: To join the elusive five hundred hit club by the end of this year if he keeps it.
Speaker 1: Up elusive is certainly a word. Elusive all, Right let's go over to the next. Series mets against The. Angels. YUCK i, MEAN i don't mean to be, mean but the series was kind of. Yuck game, One mets win four to. Three Wilbert urina was cruising through five innings before he got hit on the knee with a, comebacker forcing him to exit the, game and The angels bullpen sparked The mets. Surge alvarez And semion HAD rbi singles which tied it up a, three and Then Ronnie mauricio homer in the seventh brought home the eventual winning. Run Christian scott solid five, innings three, hits two earned an eight strikeouts. Movie game, Two angels win four to. Three Von grissom broke open the one to one tie in the fourth with a two run, single but The mets would claw. Back New Edition Andy abonyez brought home a run on a sack, fly and Then Tyrone taylor drove in the tying run on a single in the, seventh and we head to. Extras Oswald braza walked it off for The angels in the tenth on AN rbi. Single nolan McLain just didn't have, it allowing three runs and four. Innings detmers also allowed three, runs but when six innings while striking out, eight and then In game, three The mets win five to one to win the. Series Mark viento's gave The mets a two to one lead on a homer in the, fourth and The mets never looked. BACK a strong eighth inning gave The mets an easy, win As Carson benge double Homed Brett batty and Then Mark vano's homer again to give The mets a five to one. Win Clay holmes was excellent yet, again six and two, thirds four, hits one earned six. Strikeouts HIS era is down to one point six'. Nine rum this is another series that made my, eyes bleed made.
Speaker 2: Me want to not.
Speaker 1: Watch baseball there was a lot of series this WEEKEND that i just ACTUALLY not a lot of series like these were a FEW where i just didn't. Enjoy it you're holding your.
Speaker 2: Hands up did you? Enjoy This the mets are back two out. Of three one of them Was. The angels they have the worst bullped you have.
Speaker 5: Ever, seen, it's dude larger CONVERSATION that i think is such a low, hanging fruit like bad. Bad Radio but i'm actually just it's at the, point, WHERE like i actually can't take.
Speaker 2: It anymore please Just Get mike trout off the.
Speaker 5: SINKING ship, i get especially now that he's playing, Better too like now that he's Playing Like, mike trout just it's making it more torturous when he's playing close to his previous form And the angels are in their peak form of this just. Misery again it's like there's a correlation between The Better mike, trout plays the More the angels Become the angels again and just suck and, become unwatchable and then The worst trout, plays, like Oh the angels, are pesky maybe they'll, buy it like let's get A Rental, Lucas GILITA like i can't do, it, ANYMORE dude i want to see this guy play somewhere where it Matters ardi moreno is holding this franchise hostage.
Speaker 2: And He's Holding mike. TROUT hostage I know trout's a willing like he's a willing. HOSTAGE here I don't i don't, understand it but that's for.
Speaker 1: Another time you Don't Like yowan mancatta providing him protection in the, three hole, OH gosh i think he said in. The fifty but it DOESN'T even i don't even care about. The Lineup this angel's bullpen is like the worst unit in. BASEBALL period, I mean i think They've blown their era right now is like well. Above six and the thing that sucks and makes it more of a problem is It's, not oh they're losing four to one and it ends up being nine to one in the.
Speaker 2: Bullpen sucked they're winning.
Speaker 1: These games they're up four to two in, the, eighth five three in, the, ninth six two in. The seventh they're losing all, of them which makes me think once the bullpen figures, it Out the angels are actually gonna. Be pesky but there's nobody to. Go to do you know who their.
Speaker 2: CLOSER is i Think It's sam Bachman Or, Chasing still i'm. PRETTY Sure, i.
Speaker 1: Mean it's been a, revolving door But when i've Turned on, angels games it's like these guys are. Coming in look at this Exactly what. I'm saying they have the lowest save percentage in twenty twenty six at twenty eight point. Six percent number Two Is new.
Speaker 2: York, best wait who's saving the?
Speaker 5: Games though i'm looking at roster resource right now and it shows nobody.
Speaker 1: WITH saves i Think it's bachman Or. SIL seth i mean those are the Two where, i'm like, all right.
Speaker 2: This guy these guys.
Speaker 5: Aren't terrible just Wait Till kirby yates. Comes, back yeah they'll. BE good I just. I don't i can't deal it with. This team they just make me. So angry and IT'S just i want To see trout get a chance to. Do thing here's the other. Crazy part trout is a one point. Six four if you combine the rest of, THE lineup i don't even think you get.
Speaker 2: Halfway there, you might you might get.
Speaker 5: Halfway there Oswald to oza actually saves them off.
Speaker 2: The bench what if.
Speaker 1: This is the year he gets Traded to philly And then, philly also is it even close to?
Speaker 2: The, playoffs.
Speaker 5: Yeah just holds him hostage. There too trade In a philly. And rebuild that's what. We need baseball. Needs that, all.
Speaker 2: Right let's move over a Podcast be you're. Coming up we Can't do trout with, That, Podcast, peachimon.
Speaker 3: No, no it has nothing to Do. WITH trout i just need to say this to the. Listening Audience The Los angeles angels have four saves this year out of fourteen. Save opportunities all four saves Were By, jordan romano WHO. Is dfaed, last week There, you go a, Nice week thank, you.
Speaker 1: Podcast electric comparance for Podcast pe we. Needed that it's just it's tough Times And Los angeles Anaheim Of Los angeles. County area it's a it's a, you know it's a tough it's a tough go. About it let's go over To The white sox And. The padres let's Not go this is a fun series and a fun TEAM that i just made. A Video on, Game One white sox win eight. To Two white sox hung Six On herman marquez and the second inning started With A SAM antonachi rbi single and ending on a Moon, to takamurakami thirteenth dinger of the YEAR. Leads, mlb, Well actually judge is right. There now montgomery with homer in the fifth, his ninth and this one was A Route, Noah, schultz dude this. Guy's awesome, six innings, two hits, no earned eras down to two to five to three for the six foot ten. Left hander, Game Two white sox win four. To zero Sean freaking burke. Dominated again, six innings, four hits, no earned, one walk eight k's his eras down to two seven. To two has a lot of run in his past, two starts going thirteen. Plus Innings michael king's line doesn't do. Him justice he threw five shout out, of innings a Lot Of miguel vargas blue pit for the, first run and then allowed three in the seventh courtesy of a two run Single From edgar carrow And A tristan peter's bunt brought home. The fourth so it was, six innings, seven hits. FOUR earned i watched. The game he pitched way better, Than that but it doesn't matter When the padres scores. Zero runs, Game three. Padres salvage they win four. To three duromo homard For The white sox to open, the scoring but a three run fourth From the Padres Put san diego. In control Miguel And Dujar Manny machado homard and it looked Like the padres are going to cruise do an. Easy Win But derek hill would say not, so fast ripping a two run dinger in the seventh to tie. It up but in, The eighth bogart's hit where the fielders weren't, in field hit bringing home the eventual. Winning run And Then mason miller came in, the game so you know. What Happened griffin canning looked pretty good in, his debut, five innings, three hits one earned. SEVEN strikeouts i want to talk About The. White sox, YOU know i made. A video it's been Thirteen hundred it's been over thirteen hundred days Since The white sox were last at five hundred, or better and they were sixteen and seventeen going into, this GAME and i made a VIDEO and i, was like can they break? The curse and, they didn't And Then mason miller came in and. They lost so they're sixteen and, eighteen now but this team is going to get back up to.
Speaker 2: FIVE hundred i. THINK eventually i didn't watch the.
Speaker 5: VIDEO yet i was working on the script of just for, the roundup AND when i saw break. THE curse i thought it was like a larger video of like event them eventually making it to. The PLAYOFFS like, i, like hey you know they're going to take a step forward this year and then could next year be the the curse was just to be five hundred for.
Speaker 2: A day we're trying to.
Speaker 1: Be, positive yeah we're playing, good baseball, but yeah it IS object i mean, this.
Speaker 2: TEAM but i do think they get there. This year i'm. WITH you i think they can. DO it.
Speaker 5: I do and the fun part for them is like there's other young guys that are gonna come up, And help like We'll See hagen smith at some point.
Speaker 2: This year that'll.
Speaker 5: Be, fun well we'll Potentially See brandon montgomery at some point.
Speaker 2: This year that'll.
Speaker 5: Be fun there's some other guys in the SYSTEM that i think are interesting that could come up and. Help them by, The Way kyle teal still hasn't played yet this year from that hamstring issue injury that he suffered IN, The WBC so i ended up being probably a little bit worse than, we thought or at least just ended up being a pretty rough. Injury There Like kyle teal was one of their best players, last year that's gonna be a huge get for them and a guy that will help them. Big time AND then i think They'll Get drew thorpe back at some point. This year they've got some other guys throwing the rock. DECENTLY well i think they can get to. Five hundred this is a, pesky TEAM and i think the fact that they took two out of Three In, san diego like we're talking about like IT'S always i always try to look at these series, and say was it this team playing bad or this team playing good or a little bit. OF both i think this Was The white sox. Playing well they played. The ball they can pitch the ball a, little bit and they Did In, san diego where even even though it's a home field For, the padres it's a tough place, to hit and if the team that comes to town throws the, ball well it's going to be hard.
Speaker 2: To score and they were timely with their knocks and.
Speaker 5: MANUFACTURED runs i thought this was an impressive series By The, white SOCKS and i DON'T think i don't think anything too outwardly negative From. THE padres i think they've played decent ball. As well they just couldn't get the offense going in those first.
Speaker 1: Two, games yeah you lose two out of three Of The. White sox When The white sucks are, playing well you kind of just tip. YOUR hat i really don't have anything From the. Padres Side But, COLSON montgomery i got to. Mention This since july fourth when, he debuted he's number one, in homers number one, in RBIs number one in, slugging percentage third and four fifth and ops among all shortstops in.
Speaker 2: That timeframe it's a real building, block here a real.
Speaker 1: Building block and when You got Montgomery and murcami both hitting homers the way, they are You Got miguel vargas walking as much as he's, striking out and he's kind of gone under the radar just because those guys get All the sean it is ever really so they're. Hitting Jacks But miguel vargas has been a great hitter Ever Since sam antonacci. Came up he's been a well above. Average hitter You Got davis. Martin, throwing oh He Got sean. Burke, throwing oh you Even Got eric fetti throwing well out, of nowhere And Then noah schultz is just, A beast like this is just a beast of an arm so For The white sox again kind of similar To. The cardinals cardins are just playing, better baseball but, it's clear like you see the fruits of, The labor like you took all, your losses all these one hundred win, lost seasons and now you're seeing guys come up. The pipeline you're gonna get the number one, Overall pick you're gonna get even more reinforcements from the. Minor leagues like this is a good time to Be A white. Sox FAN like i think the bad part. Is over here's to the next few years hopefully of more success.
Speaker 2: For them one.
Speaker 5: HUNDRED percent i agree with everything and Just seeing schiltz just continue. To blossom it has, been, really really. Really fun last thing on the podject is real quick Is Just. Griffin Canning like i've mentioned him as a. Few times it, is like could he be a guy that just helps bolster. This rotation he was really. Good before he looked like really good before he Tore the achilles With. The mets there's a lot, of stretcher really solid starts. FROM him, i mean this was fantastic. From him he does not need to be great if he is A fort R and i think in this one he looks better. Than that but if he gives you one hundred and thirty innings at A, four r like they just need to plug guys in at the back of the rotation and It'll say cannon could be better. Than, that, so uh we'll see if he can keep. It ROLLING but i thought he. Was fantastic look kind? Of, nasty yeah is that crazy to Say? About, Griffin, no because he was kind of nasty before, The injury like it seemed like he may have figured something Out In new york and then just as long as he feels good off, the injury like that same thing he figured out might still.
Speaker 2: Be there subtle. Mets, Chirper, No now i'm he had a three, seven seven, you know and seventy With the mets. Last year they let. Him, go yeah. They did THAT'S what i, was.
Speaker 1: SAYING don't i don't mean to give a subtle. Mets CHIRP but i caught it. All right let's move over to the. Decks, series, uh last but Not least Rangers. Versus tigers so, right now, of course they're currently Playing On Sunday. Night Baseball the tigers are up three. To zero let's talk Talk about games one. And two rangers win five. To Four in game one through, three innings it Was. All Rangers josh young HAD multiple rbi Hits And danny jansen, went yard but Then the tigers stormed all the. WAY back rbi Singles From, winsiel Perez How you lee brought, in three And Then riley green brought home a run in the fifth tie. Back up but this game was decided in the Eighth As alejandro osuna ripped a double to bring home the eventual. Winning run but not great starting pitching performances on. Either side gore Struggled and. Flaherty struggled Gorz the ras up to four to, Six Seven mike king has, been Struggling And jack flaherty it's up to five. Nine zero, Game two tiger's got a great pitching performance Out Of, kaider montero winning five. To one montero to shut Down the, rangers bats going six and, two thirds only allowing. One run his era's down to three. Four eight he has been a godsend For this tigers. Starting Rotation dylan dingler crushes baseballs and crushed a three run shot in the first that basically ended, this one but McGonagall and glaber BOTH at rbi hits To give detroit. To win The lone rangers run came From A jake. Berger homer bad Day For kumar rocker, two winnings, five earned, two strikeouts he ramped to four to seven, to one and again Right the tigers are currently Beating the rangers three.
Speaker 2: TO zero i was The.
Speaker 1: Biggest mackenzie gore fan going into, the Season and i'm not willing To say i'm, wrong YET but i don't. Feel right that's that's one thing guy will. SAY definitively i Don't think i'm not Gonna say, i'm Wrong but i'm not Right.
Speaker 2: Not hey this is one of. Those. Takes though you gotta. Be stubborn you can't give up because ten straight.
Speaker 5: Nasty starts he's one of the, few guys like there's some others where you got to, cut bait get out in front, of It say. I'm wrong you SEE what i Did With. DYLAN dingler i think it was two weeks IN when i ranked. Pretty low my catch up himself, Was like, i'm, wrong guys.
Speaker 2: Never mind i'm wrong. ABOUT take i don't want to do. This Anymore dylla diggler is way. TOO good i. Underrated him i'm not giving up on you Go or.
Speaker 5: I'm, not yeah it's worth potentially embarrassing yourself if he never figures, it out because.
Speaker 2: With myself EVERY day i can't hit who cares like whatever?
Speaker 5: My Guns, kyder montero this guy can, pitch man he can pitch and and this is fun because you know They Got Melton troy mountin just threw a. Rehab appearance he's working his. WAY back I Saw jackson job on the bump starting. TO throw i don't know what his, timeline is but irons in. The Fire But kyder montero looks he's another guy doesn't need to punch out the world six and two thirds, two k's but it's only one run he. GETS out i think this is a guy that can need a lot of innings for them and be effective and really Help this. Tiger's team, you know we're we're in the middle of the finale here and it's it's a Three zip tigers lead. So FAR but, i mean this is one of those where it's hard because the series could go one way. Or another but in terms of Just what i'm watching From. The tigers no matter how this, series goes, In particular i'm seeing it come together a little bit more and more. And more melton's gonna be a really nice addition to.
Speaker 2: The staff, You Know.
Speaker 5: Torc is he's gonna just be hot, and cold But big homer, Already tonight i'm starting to see him at least be able to.
Speaker 2: DO that i, DON'T know i feel like.
Speaker 5: This team is gonna settle. INTO it i feel like they're slowly starting to.
Speaker 1: Do, that yeah you see the pieces right when you got McGonagall, leading off and You, got glaber and You Got, riley green and You Got, kerry carpenter you Got, cold keith and you just kind of keep going down the lineup and, you're like you're a. Good hitter you're a. Good hitter you're a. Good hitter why are you not? All hitting but they're doing enough to keep me, Very interested but they're not doing quite enough for me to Stamp the tigers as like one of the great teams In The.
Speaker 2: American league they're just good.
Speaker 1: Enough to KEEP the tv on and for you to, watch them and they'll have a big hit and it's like a good team And, THE rangers i, feel like are the, same way except that's what, they're pitching where it's like everyone normally gives you good starts and the bullpen just continues to. Prove it you're just waiting on. The offense With, the tigers you're waiting on who's gonna give me a good starting pitching performance Outside of schooble and Outside. Of robber is it Gonna Be? Kyder montero it's probably not Gonna Be. Jack flaherty who's gonna. Step up they're very similar in that WAY where i know, they're Good but i'm not running around. Telling, Anyone yeah i'm patiently waiting for it, to click AND eventually i think with these two teams, in particular it's gonna but not.
Speaker 5: Quite, YET yeah i FEEL that i believe it a little bit more With the tigers Than, the rangers like we've talked about in, the PAST but i think both are in similar ish situations where you could see, it going, you, know well for them sooner rather. THAN later i just believe In the, tigers lineup AND then i just think the pitching like it's gonna get.
Speaker 2: Myes back we'll see what they.
Speaker 5: Get from verlander when he's back, AND healthy I think fromber is gonna still settle in to be a really solid two. For them And if montero is what, he's been maybe not the best Three In Major, league baseball but at least as a guy that could plug In before myes. Comes back but that's a really good four all of a sudden starts to come.
Speaker 2: Together a little. Bit more on the, PITCHING.
Speaker 1: Side I like montera because he doesn't, walk anybody throws. Strikes right it's a it's a very. Pleasant watch and he gets. Quick outs he can get through innings and, you're like, all right and that's what you need at the, back END like i, would honestly like you can dream on a back end starter who will strike out eleven, per nine but he's got eighty eight pitches in the, fourth inning and then you go to. The bullpen you might lose that game because your bullpen is Washed. With montero it's not that he's giving, you length giving the bullpen a little bit of, a breather which is really nice For this tigers bullpen because it's not a, Great bullpen like they need a little bit of help. In there so every Inning catda montero throws is just better For the tiger's bullpen in, the future not as MUCH as i think that'll. Do it for this episode Of The Just, Baseball show thank you to podcast p for a brilliant. Producing job, yet again think you to everybody's joining us here live. On YouTube the best way to support these YouTube. Live streams make sure that you smash the. Like button if you love, the roundups smash that. Subscribe button and if you're listening to us On, Audio Spotify, apple podcasts wherever you get. Your podcast the best way to support to leave a five. Star review and if you want to join the best baseball group chat in the, freaking world you know where to. Find it link is in the. Episode description and if you want to rock our on my uniforms that we're wearing right now. Be played we're obb at, all black he's at. All white you can mix.
Speaker 2: And match.
Speaker 1: Don't worry you don't have to follow our weird outfits that we randomly. Choose today go get your merch in the merch. Link below Anything else i'm before we.
Speaker 2: Say, goodbye no THAT'S all. I got we'll see if wein and yang and again one.
Speaker 5: More TIME but i LIKE the i like, the fits and, Uh Yeah bryce aldridge.
Speaker 2: Caught up i'm sure he will Save the.
Speaker 5: Giants offense, go ahead, kid here you're getting into just walking into that clubhouse.
Speaker 2: Like two, that sucks but good for. HIM hopefully, i mean he's happy to be In the biggs nine to.
Speaker 5: Sixty, three ohps contact rates up a, little bit so hopefully he can give them a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of spark but THAT'S all.
Speaker 1: I got so hopefully you enjoyed. This episode hopefully you had a. Great weekend we will see you live in the Morning on tuesday and, until then, with that thank.
Speaker 2: You everybody