Speaker 1: Scrubbing in with Bell and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in grub a dub dub.
Speaker 1: In the dub but dubum. No space funds today, No my hair. I was actually gonna ask you for them, but my hair's a little wet.
Speaker 2: Dance sounds pain painful. Yeah, yeah, so we'd have to do low space funds, which I don't know if they would bring the same effects.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well you never know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just feels feels like we needed the space mounds today. You coming back from Mexico invigorated.
Speaker 1: No, you don't need the space funds because I am like, are you going to high Yeah. Because it's a short work week. I feel like I have to be so productive. So I've just been like on one, like I've done like fifty things today already.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I know it's weird, like I don't know what's gone into me, but it's inside.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good for you, Thank you so much. How's your weekend?
Speaker 2: My weekend, alphabah, My weekend and was great. We went to the opening night of Wicked the movie. Yeah, and I the night before I was like laughing at my laughing by myself in bed while it was next to me, and she was like, what are you laughing at? I was like, how funny would it be if I went as Alphaba like to the theater and didn't tell anybody because we were going with a big group. And I had all the stuff because we were Alphaba and Glinda for Halloween last year.
Speaker 1: So it was last year. Yeah, that's sick.
Speaker 2: So I had everything. It's not like I like sourced it to go to the theater, but I was Glinda last year. So I was like, I'm gonna just like paint myself green and show up as Alphaba. And so I surprised everyone and it was hilarious. I actually thought people in the I thought there would be more people cosplaying and dressed up. So I was thinking, like, oh I nix with like the other Glinda's or the alphabus. No one else dressed up.
Speaker 3: No one I'm shocked by.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked by it too, just me.
Speaker 2: But let me tell you something. I was the actual I was getting sed up and we went to like a four o'clock showing. So there's a lot of young kids there, so they were like the parents would be like, can my kid get a picture with you, grown man asking for photos with me. So I was like, do we hit Hollywood Boulevard or do I go to Universal City Walk like start just sending out my venmo.
Speaker 3: Because the green makeup was like professionally done.
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest, I really did at.
Speaker 1: I was laughing so hard because I didn't see any of your videos that you'd posted, like on TikTok or anything that that you had dressed up like that. And I was on and I don't remember who posted it, but there was somebody posted a video and it was like Haley seeing the movie. Taylor Banks was there, Brittany was there, and I was like, that's weird. Beckonting go like just I was like, that's so weird whatever, and then I keep scrolling through and then I realized that you dressed up like that when I went back to that photo, and I realized, indeed you are that You're just.
Speaker 2: In an album. But yes, yeah, no, it was. It was really fun. But I guess people at some theater establishments people were painting their face and they were letting them in. I guess due to security. But I didn't know this, so I was like, imagine if I had gone, and they're like sorry, like you come in.
Speaker 4: They didn't know the rule was masks, like you could wear masks when you're cosplaying in theaters, which I do understand to a degree because people were masks for crimes, so I understand concealing your identity.
Speaker 3: But it seems weird. Just green paint.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I looked like myself.
Speaker 3: You did.
Speaker 1: In fact, that was really wow.
Speaker 2: This is green really brings off my eyes.
Speaker 1: But the movie is incredible, so it's like so good.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 4: My daughter called it a cinematic masterpiece, which from a fifteen year old is really strong.
Speaker 3: Praise.
Speaker 1: You look like you're gonna cry right now.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna cry. But I can't listen to this version of define gravity without like full body chills.
Speaker 1: I've listened to I haven't one with with Cynthia and Arianna.
Speaker 2: I haven't listened to anything else musically since I saw the movie.
Speaker 5: You know, it's it's the it's the fighting for each other and the friendship and and being unlikely friends, and then and then.
Speaker 2: Alphabet fighting for what she believes in and being changed. And I feel like I've experienced that in my life of like I'm not the same person as I was. You know, like there's just something so powerful about it, and I'm so curious because you've never seen the play, if you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Honestly terrified because I feel like you're there's so much hype around it and people are like so freaking out and it's all my algorithms and then you you're like in tears right now talking about and everybody's like hyped it up that I'm scared that I'm gonna see it and be like.
Speaker 2: Well, one of my sisters, my youngest sister, sawt She said it was she's never seen the play and she was like, it's a little more singing than I was expecting. Like, well, it's a musical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that as much I didn't much.
Speaker 2: Caroline was like, I loved it so and she's never seen the play. So hard away, it's really hard to say. Maybe you shoot. Opening week is this week for the It's next Thursday is opening night at the Pantagious, So maybe you wait and see it's huge the play.
Speaker 1: First, I'm going to that you're going to see the play for playing going to opening night?
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: On stage, you're late, really not let me.
Speaker 1: Should I go with you?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, tickets. I'll just got the ticket, so yeah, sorry, it wasn't me.
Speaker 1: Do you recommencing the play first and then the movie because that might change things?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think going cold the movie, read the book, then.
Speaker 2: I think if you know that there's a lot of music and music and like every other word is like a song.
Speaker 5: Yeah I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like grease.
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, I know, but like same vibes. Yeah, yeah, yeah, lots of music, lots of music. Yeah, I like singing. I liked The Gray's Anatomy.
Speaker 3: Uh I did too, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: One with the songs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you'll you'll love it. I think. I hope if you don't, and if you don't, that's okay.
Speaker 1: No, I can't come in here and be like I didn't like it. I feel so shamed.
Speaker 2: No no, no, there will be no shame, disrespect, no disrespect. Just give me your honesty and I just be curious, like, what didn't you like about it? You know, because I sat in one of the most uncomfortable outfits with green paint on, with the in a seat that didn't recline which.
Speaker 1: I didn't uncomfortable outfit. Weren't you just like a small.
Speaker 2: Interesting No, it was a dress, a witch dress, like a tato toll like skirt. Oh my gosh, I was pulling so hard. Yeah, I was not comfortable. I'd love to go back and like.
Speaker 3: Is the paint after a while?
Speaker 2: No, actually I was a little too comfortable in the page it was on there.
Speaker 1: Did you get any breakouts from it?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, face looks great. Did you hear from Cynthia Arrivo herself?
Speaker 2: No, but she commented on our I did a reel of Haley and I just like put clips together from Halloween to the trailer audio, like a month or so ago, and she commented on that.
Speaker 7: Wow, and now it means so much more because she's everything we have a Haley got an Alpha BA doll when she went to the premiere, and I'm like, we are never giving that away.
Speaker 2: That might go on a shelf somewhere.
Speaker 1: Wow displayed It's like, yeah, remember when I saw the movie The Green Book? Can you do quick google the two main characters in Green Books?
Speaker 4: Sure, that'sherschel Ali Maherschela Ali.
Speaker 1: Yes, he was so amazing I've never seen any of his stuff before, but I posted on Instagram some like a snippet from the movie and like just tagged him in it, and he responded to it, and I literally felt like I'm trying to find like an equivalent of somebody that we would be like really like Patrick Dempsey responding to me. Yeah, yeah, it was a big deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's impactful.
Speaker 1: It's very impactful. I just did a little tag like cute, innocent, and then he responds, I'm.
Speaker 4: Like e but like Cynthia Riva was like the biggest start in the planet, universe, everything right in this moment, In this moment, there's no one bigger.
Speaker 1: I would argue maherschel Ali.
Speaker 4: Perhaps at the time because that was the best picture of twenty eighteen, but right now, none bigger.
Speaker 1: I love twenty eighteen. Twenty eighteen is my theme right now?
Speaker 2: Twenty eighteen teen?
Speaker 1: Does that mean that's that was what Haley called her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, why is that your theme right now?
Speaker 1: On just like really basking in the year twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was a good year.
Speaker 1: It was a great year. Yeah, I would say Green Book winning Oscars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so y'all are seeing Wicked Friday Friday.
Speaker 6: Yes, Friday. We were up in the mountains this weekend and there's a movie theater that has one screen and they were playing Red One, and so we went did.
Speaker 1: You watch it?
Speaker 6: I absolutely get that bleep button ray. I love read Oh my god, it was so good. It was so good, and we were like also loved to walk out with all jazz, like we love Red One, and we go through our Instagram like everyone else's seen Wicked. We were so jealous because we wanted to see Wicked. We're seeing it this week though.
Speaker 1: But see, that's the thing, like I go into these movies lately with no expectations are very low, like Read One. I did not think I was going to enjoy Deadpool Wolverine. Thought I would hate it, and I end up loving these movies. So now I'm like, that's why I'm nervous for the expectation that I have on Wicked. But you know, I.
Speaker 6: Haven't seen a single person say anything bad about it. Like some people have problems with the color of Wicked, like the saturation.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's it.
Speaker 4: Getting deep there to complain about. By the way, Red One is interesting to me because you know, on Rotten Tomatoes. They have the ratings from the critics and the ratings from people who have regular people have gone to see the movie critics, it's thirty one percent positive reviews, which is terrible. Among people who go see it ninety positive.
Speaker 1: It's a blast.
Speaker 6: It's so funny that it's got great action. There's like practical effects. There's a Crampis costume that's insane that I love. Crampus showed up and elson I got and cheered. It was like it was like thorhad landed on the screen.
Speaker 1: Was new to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's a great movie. Yeah, well, y'all have me hyped to see it. Yeah, I'm in my just like going to see movie eras.
Speaker 1: I'm very much enjoyed the movies myself.
Speaker 4: Yes, we'll put Becca. We didn't see any movies were good for Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I love a movie theater experience. I love sitting down with my popcorn and my candy and being all like cozy in my outfit and watching this like show come to lie. And I love not being tempted or to go on. You can't do it at home, like I have no control if my phone is anywhere near me, which is a personal problem.
Speaker 1: But I agree. I'm with you. I'm with you. It's like the it's like you're in a zone.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's just the general.
Speaker 1: Yes, you love yourself, as Eminem would say, yes, yeah, as the great as the greatest.
Speaker 6: Do you get the same snacks every time? Do you have a routine?
Speaker 2: You know? So this one I went to a theater that's not my normal. They had pepsi products, which I found very problematic, a regal theater.
Speaker 1: I love a pepsi product.
Speaker 2: Good, well, you should go there. I like coke, so yeah, the pop the same thing. It's not the same thing. A pepsi and a Coca cola are not the same thing.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing. Though.
Speaker 2: I understand if you haven't Hedicota and ever then that they probably do taste similarly.
Speaker 1: There exactly the.
Speaker 2: One drink soda very regularly. There's a difference. They're fine, They're both fine. Pepsi's fine, Yeah, the same, But yeah, I get my popcorn sometimes if there's a mazzarella stick or nacho situation, I'll dabble. Okay, that depends on if I've popped a little, if I've gardened or not. Where my hunger level is I normally get like a.
Speaker 1: I don't know if everybody understands that reference.
Speaker 8: I think because I have found many of people I've used that reference in like the world, and people are like, that doesn't what you talking about, And so now I need.
Speaker 7: To hear how I'm using it because there could definitely be a delivery that's not no.
Speaker 1: Like we'll see someone on the TV that looks high as a kite and I'm like, oh, he's obviously was gardening before, and they're like, that's not a thing. So I'm like, I think we need to tell people on this podcast, because I don't think everybody listening no knows about if I gardened earlier means.
Speaker 2: Okay, gardening is taking it, taking an edible and being a little high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: So when I say gardening, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Because I felt like I was led astray you were by this podcast.
Speaker 2: You're actually you're just cooler than the people you're hanging with because you're more in the No, that's what the people and that's what the kids on TikTok are saying.
Speaker 1: They're saying gardening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because TikTok, you can't say.
Speaker 1: Like smoking an edible or taking an edible.
Speaker 2: There's no smoking.
Speaker 1: Edibles, smoking the ganja. I'm saying I did a little gardening smoking a dooby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, oh, guarden And then.
Speaker 1: They were like huh.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, you need to surround herself with just people in the know.
Speaker 1: I thought she was in the No, what's the candy situation?
Speaker 2: Situation is I get a chocolate candy and I get like a candy candy. So lately it's been nerd clusters, but I'll go with like, I love a bunch of crunch that's normally my chocolate choice, and then I I do nerd clusters are like a sour like water sour patch watermelon.
Speaker 6: I always wanted do double candy, and I never I feel like I can't. But now I'm gonna be like Tilly does it double candy.
Speaker 1: So the thing that you have to understand about Backatilly is she doesn't eat all of the candy. She'll have like two or three from the nerd cluster. She'll have like two or three.
Speaker 2: I have way more than two or three, but I don't. I don't eat the box.
Speaker 6: No, that's good where mama?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just flops them in her mouth.
Speaker 2: Tanya talks about how gross they are, and then she's got her hand digging in my box the last one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you eat the rest of those nerd clusters. Yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Because Ali had a birthday gift for me and she was gonna put nerd clusters in the bag, but she goes, I ate the nerd clusters from your birthday present. Sorry about that, like before she ever gave it to me. And so I put the text on my Instagram and people were like, I put like, who do you think this is from? Ali, Tanya or Haley? And everyone's like, well, we know it's not Tanya. She would never eat those likely.
Speaker 1: Thank you are.
Speaker 2: So fooled by this act.
Speaker 1: There's no acts.
Speaker 2: There is an act.
Speaker 3: It's an act you.
Speaker 1: First of all, I don't buy nerd clusters for my home because I will eat them off.
Speaker 2: I don't say you bought them at home. I just said you once.
Speaker 1: I bought it once myself in an airport coming back from a Las Vegas wedding.
Speaker 2: And you love them.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was very drunk. Though.
Speaker 2: Hailey is so mad that I introduced her to the nerd clusters.
Speaker 1: I knew about the nerd because I used to like nerds on a rope. So these are just like a different yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, these are just a different adiation. Is it adiation?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Iteration iteration.
Speaker 6: I'm afraid to try them. I have not tried them yet.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've had a nerd.
Speaker 2: People go crazy for the blue ones. The blueberry pink is good too. They're good, but the blue, if you're going to go for it.
Speaker 1: Maybe get a blue and a pink.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 6: I'm afraid they're really good.
Speaker 2: Mark, did you watch Gray's Anatomy?
Speaker 6: Of course?
Speaker 4: Can we talk about a little shocking parts though, whether this is not a spoiler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when we come back, I love that. Wow. Okay, we're back, and this will mostly just be a conversation between Mark and myself.
Speaker 4: I just want to say that the most disturbing part of the whole thing was and it said to be continued March sixth.
Speaker 3: I was like, what the hell, that's forever from now.
Speaker 2: I haven't cared about the return date of Grade and Nasty in a minute, and it shocked me. I was like, one of the best finales they've had in years, and they're gonna make us way till March.
Speaker 4: I'm like, okay, take the holidays off, we skip December, we're.
Speaker 2: Back in January.
Speaker 4: I'll take early February fine, because February sweeps. That's when everybody's gonna be watching TV is in February.
Speaker 3: March sixth is an eternity from now.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something though that episode the past well, I've only watched the past three. I didn't go that far back. They are so good. I told Tanya, she just catch up on the last three, said the last three, okay. Basically when Sophia Bush comes in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's a nice edition. She's a nice edition to anything. The iHeart family. Amen, amen scrubbing, we love her. But yes, I love the farewell to Levi. I love a mon taive. Yeah, I'm a sucker for a mondog like, oh he.
Speaker 2: Looks so young in you.
Speaker 1: That makes me so.
Speaker 4: Sad, really nice, really enjoyed that. And the drama we talked about last week with y Suda and her sister.
Speaker 3: I'm all in, but I never left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you've been consistent. I thought, Y Suda, I thought that story was going to go dark, like darker than she pretty dark. It was dark, but it was just like her spoiler alert, her like basically being like, I need to go find myself. I can't be here right where I thought it was going to be a little more dark than that.
Speaker 3: They're thinning the herd a little bit. What you have to do.
Speaker 4: You bring in a big new class of interns. Some people aren't going to make it, and she appears to be one of them.
Speaker 1: I wonder why people did people not like her.
Speaker 2: No, I think she wanted to go explore other like opportunities and the like. But that's what I read. Still one of the worst characters.
Speaker 3: Of all terrible.
Speaker 1: I will not tolerate.
Speaker 2: I think he might cheat on Teddy now, so we'll be back to just absolutely said that up.
Speaker 1: Such a baby. I will not hear this about my Kevin mckitt.
Speaker 2: I didn't say Kevin mckittt. I love Kevin.
Speaker 1: I will not hear this blasphemy about my Owen Hunt, not my own.
Speaker 2: Hunt, Christina and Meredith old school. He is a bitch.
Speaker 1: Baby, he is no, he's not he is.
Speaker 2: Yes. He stormed off and got mad because Sophia Bush touched Teddy's and the elevator opened and he saw her touching her shoulder and he's like, I'm gonna go take that break that you're suggested, and then he storms off, and then he offers to give this woman a ride who he was flirting with, to her hotel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, baby, don't talk about my own Okay, we're good friends now. Just if anybody's listening and taking notes. Kevin mckitt and I thick as thieves.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I would say it was like really intense. It had similar feel. I hate to give it the credit of the shooter episode, but it had similar intensity as a shooting.
Speaker 3: Well yes, because there was a shooter.
Speaker 2: Shooter, yeah, but it had that same feel where like everything every other scene felt very quiet except for what was going on. It was just old school grades were anything that could go wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they need to never leave the hospital because everything that every time they do, somebody collapses. They have to save their life, Like something awful happens every time they leave that building.
Speaker 2: And I said on my Instagram, I said, if I was in an ambulance and they saiver going to Seattle Grace or Grace Loan, I'd be like, take me anywhere do the surgery and ambulance right this year, car, I have a better chance.
Speaker 1: Did you see those? And I feel like because Sarah Drew remember when she was on the podcast and she told us about how intense her scene was when she was delivering the baby, And I don't know why. For some reason, that really stuck with me. Hasn't left my mind. And I saw these tiktoks about Ariana Grande and how she hasn't been the same since she got this role as Glinda and that she's like kind of like adapting that behavior and that like I don't know, They're like showing like these before and after videos of her, and I'm like, that's so crazy that like playing a certain role can like infiltrate your psyche that much.
Speaker 6: But Butler syndrome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like how crazy is that that it just takes you, takes your whole personality and morphs it into like something different.
Speaker 2: Well, her dream was to be this role and she was so in my opinion, she played it so similarly to Kristin Chenna with and so I felt like she just put everything she had into being like literally becoming Glinda.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like now she's like still like has that same has that same to me? I know, I'm very curious to see if it continues.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm hmmm.
Speaker 1: And I always I think about that because of what Sarah Drew told us that Sarah really uh sticking with me? Yeah good, Yeah, memorable interview in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah good, I'm serious.
Speaker 1: I had it the other day. I was like, wow, like that's so crazy. These roles can impact them that much with like physically it like impacts their bodies.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean Sean has probably caused a lot of bodily trauma to these gray synatomy people having to act out these traumatic scenes, crazy switching gears. That was my weekend.
Speaker 1: I is it time to take a quick break?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I.
Speaker 1: Wanted to tell you that there's two types of people in this world. Okay, there are people who fill up their gas tank when the light goes on go. There's people who don't. Becca is one that doesn't.
Speaker 3: Becca has run out of gas on more than one.
Speaker 2: Occasion, and so is another very important person in Tanya's life, her fiance.
Speaker 3: Yeah you ran out of gas.
Speaker 1: No some this is actually like it's so annoying to me sometimes when he's right about stuff. But we're driving back from our workout and there's three miles left in the tank. He's like, I need to get gas. And I looked and I see three miles and I'm like, oh my gosh, Like we're not even close to a gas station, like at all, not a close at all. He goes, I think it's about one point eight miles away from where we are right here.
Speaker 2: Look three miles left, correct, So you would have.
Speaker 1: Like, But then it switched in the middle of our conversation, switched to two miles. So I'm like, oh my gosh. So I look it up on my phone. Sure enough, it's literally one point eight miles from where we were. But this thing is going. Went from three to two real fast, and it went from two to one even faster, and I was like, we're not making it. Then it went to zero. It hit zero, and we're still going. So first of all, those things lie they do.
Speaker 6: That's a dangerous line.
Speaker 4: They know they can't trust you, So we'll give it an extra probably ten miles.
Speaker 1: So we ended up making it. We did make it to the gas station. We didn't have to push the.
Speaker 2: Car or whatever.
Speaker 1: But I was just like, I just spent the last ten minutes of my life stressed and panicked. Why does anyone like to live like that?
Speaker 2: But we don't. We don't experience that. In the same situation though.
Speaker 1: I was so stressed, I was like, pull over, let me get out of the car, because.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do I'm just uber home.
Speaker 3: Well, there's less weight in the car. You've used less fuel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, I'll sacrifice myself so that you can get to this here gas station.
Speaker 4: I don't really have an issue with this because Robbie knows what his car can do. I've pushed it before because I know exactly what I'm dealing with.
Speaker 1: My life comes on and I am at the gas station. Baby girl never gets below twenty five miles life.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's bad for your car to run that low on the guest exactly. Easton Sam's boyfriend at one point in his life was would rent low frequently, and he famously coasted his car run out of gas, coasted into the gas station and up to the pump, and that rules.
Speaker 3: It's like some James Bonds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were at zero and he goes good thing it's downhill all the way to the gas. It's like, yeah, he was doing things with the thing. I was like, oh my god, the stress in my life.
Speaker 2: Well, some people just like to live on the edge or just feel like they can do it, you know. And I told Robbie, I go, you're gonna people on zero, like ninety percent of the time, you're gonna make it. No, I said, most of the time you're gonna make it, And he goes, yeah, like ninety I said, I'd say ninety five. I'd say out of all the times I've gone on zero, I've ran out of guess twice in my life.
Speaker 1: How many times have you gotten on zero?
Speaker 2: Every time I need to take gas? It's on zero every time.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen zero on my car since birth. Never have I seen it. Never have I seen the zero on my gas gage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you said it. There's two types of people in this world.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed there are.
Speaker 3: How many times do you run out of gas in your life?
Speaker 1: She said two?
Speaker 3: Is that for sure?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 3: Three times?
Speaker 2: One was a rental car, though, so I can't that one's hard because I was in a car. I had no idea how long I could go on zero. So I was just like, maybe this will go as long as it didn't. The Jeep compass does not have on zero. You better get to a gas station. You're not gonna go for very long. Wow, I was in the middle of Texas Cooston.
Speaker 1: Stress.
Speaker 2: That was a little bit stressful because that was literally in the middle of nowhere. Went knocked on people's doors in the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's a It builds character at the very least. You have to be a little brain. You know. Had I not run out of gas and had to ask for help in my life, maybe I wouldn't have had the courage to go.
Speaker 1: Ask for help in life in general.
Speaker 2: To go to Wicket as alphabet on a level of like it can't hurt me, correct, Yeah, gave you a level of courage Ridge like the cowardly lion.
Speaker 1: Is he in this wickeed?
Speaker 6: No kind of they're in the trailer the gang.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm so curious to see what happens with that.
Speaker 1: I'm not I need to watch The Wizard of Oz again too, because I don't even know what that's about. A lot of homework that's about. No, I just remember the yellow Yeah, it's pretty classic. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mexico did a lot of eating this weekend.
Speaker 1: I did a lot of eating this weekend. I ate so much food this weekend. It was insane, like more food than I've eaten in a week. But it was amazing. Any nerd clusters, No nerd clusters, straight they at the resort nerd clusters, I haven't seen any on the property. I haven't seen any.
Speaker 2: Those myself and bring them over.
Speaker 1: Yeah the No, I haven't seen any, but I'm sure at the gift shop they might have.
Speaker 2: Well explain to people what you were doing in Mexico because it was for a significant reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really cute because we are getting married in Mexico, and so we had to go and meet with like all of our vendors that we're using, because we've never met them in real life, just like over email. And so we had his parents come, my parents come, and then Robbie and myself and then our wedding planner, and we met with like the rentals, the music, the lighting, and then we did food tasting. So we did like a lot. It was like a very forty eight hours, like a very busy forty eight hours, big step.
Speaker 3: It's very real now, I would imagine, Yeah, yes.
Speaker 1: And it's so crazy because I wasn't sure where we were gonna have our ceremony. And then when we found the spot, I like walked down the aisle or like what it's going to be the aisle, and I just started like bawling, like this is I can't and I'm not having close like I like you know what I mean, Like there's nothing, no music playing, and I'm just walking down this thing and I started like bawling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to make sure you're not going to be good waterproof. Yeah it's not going to be good, Like it could be great.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that my water work situation is going to be a problem.
Speaker 2: When you get nervous, do you cry, like you know, if you're like nervous sometimes like it almost makes the emotion that you would normally feel like you were relaxed and in a very like you know, no one was staring at you and with address on, and you cried because you've probably felt like relaxed and safe. But I wonder if, like when you're you're trying not to think about tripping, if you'll be as like, right, yeah, allow yourself to go there.
Speaker 1: I did think about that because I was like there's steps, like it's like it's like a staircase kind of not like an aisle, like a normal aisle. It's like you come up from like a staircase. So and I.
Speaker 2: Gotta make sure the shoes I'm wearing or because we're all walking down the stairs, right, you're all.
Speaker 1: Walking down the stairs. But it's also grass too, so but the steels are gonna maybe want to be short or blocks or flocks. But you're gonna be walking with your dad, yes, down the aisle. Yeah, so you'll have him for like support. Yeah, but you know he he might. She's not not so clumsy himself. Really, he's been known to trip over a thing or two. So I got to make sure does that walk many times before we go.
Speaker 2: The rehearsal will be a long rehearsal. Yes, yeah, I get really emotional when I see the groom when he sees the bride walking down for the first time. That's always what like really chokes me up.
Speaker 1: Oh me too. I'm gonna need someone to video that because I'm not going to a videographer. A. Yes, yes, yes, we have not We have not gotten a videographer yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, that would definitely be on the list of the shot list you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm definitely gonna want to see that.
Speaker 2: Well, you'll see it.
Speaker 1: You'll be walking towards him, I know, but you know like that initial like, oh yeah, I guess I will see it.
Speaker 2: You'll be looking right at him.
Speaker 1: Ah yes, yes, yes, I imagine it's going to be like a blur. So I'm definitely yes. Yeah. But uh so we did all that, and it's so crazy because you don't even realize how many decisions you have to. I feel like I made a hundred decisions weekend, Like even like little things too, like what order do people walk down the island and like where do you like? I'm like, oh my gosh, I didn't even know that. I was just I was just have my wedding planner to side that. But I guess it's a big decision.
Speaker 2: Using what side of you is going to be facing the audience?
Speaker 1: Audience are close friends and family.
Speaker 2: Know, like what side of your face? Like you know, because and don't you have a good side? I do it?
Speaker 1: Better be on my good side, a good side.
Speaker 4: And then there was like you're good, which is your I don't know, I'm sorry it should be obvious to me, but which is your good side?
Speaker 3: I see it? Yes?
Speaker 1: And then look at this side. Uh huh, which one's better?
Speaker 3: Exactly this?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you're lying.
Speaker 4: Show the camera way Crystal can make this her magic for Instagram. There's there's one side and there's the other side.
Speaker 2: You turn more, wait, you turn more for that way. So make sure you're like, look at look at my hand.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love the smile and like that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, just right there.
Speaker 6: Yeah it's right side.
Speaker 1: Right, my right side is better. Yeah, yeah, thank you really wow?
Speaker 6: Yeahs to me.
Speaker 1: Yes, so lucky you too, blessed.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's like even like stuff like that. And then and then we're doing we want to like have these lights over the reception, so it's like, oh, do you want the lights covering just the tables or the tables and the dance floor or I'm like, I don't know. Yeah, it's like all these little things that you just don't even realize until you're in it, and I'm just kind of making the decisions.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm telling you, and I know it doesn't feel like this because you want everything to be perfect, but not a single person is going to remember where the lights are or what the silver wear looked like. And we'll just be like, oh my god, that was beautiful.
Speaker 1: My biggest thing right now is the food. So the food's amazing at this hotel, Like, the food is delicious.
Speaker 2: You made some good choices for us.
Speaker 1: Yes, the choices are amazing ate every single one of them licked it to the bone. But here's the thing. So I've always thought I would have a plate of dinner at my wedding because I just thought I would have a plate of dinner. There's they also offer to do stations, not like a buffet, but like there would be like a station for the civice. There would be a station for the for the meat, and the station for the salad. Da da da da. I. For some reason, I've always just envisioned my wedding with a plate of dinner. But I feel like it's gonna mess up the vibe that I want, which is just like party and if some people because we're gonna have cocktail hour before the ceremony, so people might not even be hungry. So if you have stations, it lets people eat when they want to. We also have more variety because if people have to decide what they want, you only get that one thing, versus if you have the stations, you can pick from two or three things, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean. I, before I moved to California had never had a set, sit down, plated dinner at a reception. I've always had kind of buffet style, go up and eat what you want when you want. So like when my first wedding out here, when we had to sit down reception, I was like, what is happening? Are we all having to sit here and eat at the same time? Like I was so confused, But then everybody's been too since out here does the plate of dinner.
Speaker 1: I know, and I think that's so ingrained in me, you know what I mean. So it's like it's this weird thing that I can't. I'm like, I know, the logical answer is to do the stations, you know, and like also, we're not doing all of our speeches, We're gonna do the night before, so but for some reason I can't. And the desserts, Oh.
Speaker 3: You were very excited.
Speaker 2: She is a dessert. If y'all don't know this about Tonya, because we talk we focus a lot on.
Speaker 1: Your healthy ye, yes, but you love a dice. I love dessert like I love dessert. And we tried both of the desserts, ones like a chocolate one and one's like adulte de leeche one, and they were I can't even pick which one was better. It was like just thinking about it now makes me like makes my mouth water.
Speaker 2: I was like, please watch your words.
Speaker 1: But so that's kind of the big decision right now. But anyways, we did it and our parents really enjoyed the food and it was just like really sweet because my parents have hung out with Robbie's parents multiple times, like we've done things givings together and stuff like that, but we've never spent like a weekend together like a lot of meals, Like we've had breakfast and we did dinners, and we spent every day. We went to the beach together, and then Robbie and I came home Sunday night and our parents stayed and had dinner together and like, yeah, so like we've never I've never seen them spend so much time and like, I don't know, it's just like really really sweet and it was really really special. I was like emotional like the whole weekend and it made me and it almost it did feel really real, like I was like, oh my gosh, like this is where we're getting married. Yeah, we're like this is like this is it? So now it feels like countdown is on.
Speaker 2: So well, y'all go before the wedding around it. I mean I was so smart to do that though. Yeah, that was it, wow, because no, like really you can just make the decisions you need to make and by the timing, like you know everything, you're not going to be surprised by anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, hopefully what great.
Speaker 3: As long as you have chicken, that's all that really matters.
Speaker 1: Although we are having chicken as an appetizer, it's like it's like a crispy chicken taco. Oh yeah, but it's not like you're not gonna be able to have like chicken like off of a like chicken. O.
Speaker 2: God about.
Speaker 1: The carving, yeah, the carving. Also thinking like stations is better for like a Haley, because I was thinking about Haley with her onion and garlic.
Speaker 2: So thoughtful, but also she she's able to typically they can, especially at a resort like that.
Speaker 1: But I was like, oh, it's probably better for like her people that have allergies to certain things to do it kind of in stations because they can hold the onion or whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Hold the onion, Hold the cilantro. Yeah, me exactly. Well, this is very exciting.
Speaker 1: It was so and we got like so drunk the first night because we were so excited, Like we we just got there and the hotel did like a lot of really sweet things for us. They like had a little band and they like had picture like pictures of us framed in the room and like a little like balloon with butterflies on it, and like they just did like a lot. And so they gave us a margarita when we got there, so we drank the margarita, and then they gave us champagne. So we drank the champagne and then we went to dinner with our parents. And it was the first night, so we were just like woo. So the next day we were like hungover doing all these walk through which was not smart. And it's like eighty degrees.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah it did look warm.
Speaker 1: It was warm.
Speaker 2: She was still not be cold.
Speaker 1: No wedding, No it will not be cold.
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really really exciting.
Speaker 2: I wanted to talk about the bachelorette because there's this new thing saying people are ditching rides, are ditching bachelorette parties for solo trips.
Speaker 1: Not Amy, but let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: But we'll do it when we come back, all right, Tanya. So it seems to be that brides are ditching the traditional bachelorette parties for solo trips because the bachelorette party has turned into a multi day weekend trip for a lot of people. It cannot up to a lot of cost, and people love it. But some people are just choosing to go away by themselves to really ground themselves before the bridal festivities begin.
Speaker 1: No one needs to be grounded less than me. Solo grounding. I don't last thing I need is solo grounding. You could end time period, especially because I'm so stressed about all this stuff. The last thing I need is to be left alone in a hotel to my own thoughts.
Speaker 2: You could pin the penis on the robbie by myself. Nothing sounds worse blindfolds yourself.
Speaker 1: Is this because you want to get out of going to my bachelorette Now? I'm actually I'm hearing here.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited about your bachelor. I love a bachelorette. Yeah, they're so fun, I know. So I'm very excited about it. I would be very sad if you did your solo bachelorette party.
Speaker 1: Well, I ain't doing it.
Speaker 2: They're calling it a solourette.
Speaker 1: Nothing sounds worse to me, honestly, Like I don't want that at all. I was actually thinking, because we're doing things a little different, We're gonna do a cocktail hour before the ceremony so that people can have like a little food and a little drink before. And uh, I was like, well that sucks because I can't be there, like I'm not going to be a part of it. And then I was like, well, and none of my bridesmaids are gonna be therecause they're gonna be with me, And Roby's like, no, you should let them go, and like I'm sitting there by myself before the ceremony. No, thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, there might be a moment like right, because it's gonna be crazy, I will say, like Ali getting ready there. It was so much happening that I did feel like if she had had a moment just to like calm, yeah, like this is happening, have a moment with yourself or.
Speaker 1: I've had those moments, okay, but.
Speaker 2: We will not you that crowd you and not make sure you are not alone, but you know moments.
Speaker 1: You know, what I thought would be really fun is one night of the Bachelorette to do Love Island theme.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: I don't know, just like like just get like cups with our names on them essentially.
Speaker 2: Okay, the water bottle names on them. Color is going to be there.
Speaker 3: From Love Island.
Speaker 1: Taylor disrespectful.
Speaker 3: I don't know these people, tramp her.
Speaker 1: No, but you know what you might be excited about live from uh Love Island is dating Christian Cavalary's ex.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm excited about that, but good for them.
Speaker 1: For sure, if they're dating. But that seems to be on the rumor mill.
Speaker 2: They definitely spent some time together because they did the Vegas screening of G and then they were also both at the premiere.
Speaker 1: Oh and then I saw some TikTok that she posted with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was something about like what she proposed to him or something.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's multiples. There's multiple with them.
Speaker 2: Well, well, when she comes on the podcast, we'll ask her about I'll ask her about it. Yeah, if there's any truth to that.
Speaker 1: I love any tie to a Christian Cavalary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know. Yeah, well we can have Kristin Cavalary on the podcast to talk about the rumors between Mark and Live.
Speaker 1: I don't think she'd enjoy that very much.
Speaker 2: Okay, right then we will not. I mean, I don't know. She's pretty much an open book.
Speaker 1: She is an open book, that's for sure. But like, would you want to go down a podcast talk about like your ex and their new girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I don't know, think about it, but I don't always do things the way Kristen does. Think so she could be into doing that just because I want it. Doesn't mean she would look at all this rain.
Speaker 3: Okay, see, we shouldn't have TVs on during the show.
Speaker 1: By the rain. Oh my gosh, it's going to be a wet Thanksgiving here in l A for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is, so, it seems, Yeah, it seems there is a We do have a email from an anonymous It.
Speaker 4: Kind of fits the theme here. Yeah, Hi, Tanya, Beckham, Mark and Easton. I love listening to you age every week and always find myself smiling and laughing along. Your conversations are a bright spot in my week. That's very nice. I could really use some advice on a wedding related dilemma. I recently got engaged, and I'm thinking of asking my two best friends to be co matrons of honor.
Speaker 3: However, I'm a little torn.
Speaker 4: Because my sister, who would normally be my first choice, lives across the country and has already said she's not going to make it to my wedding.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh.
Speaker 4: I don't want to hurt my sister's feelings, but I also know that my two best friends would be the most helpful leading up to end during the wedding. My question is, do you think it's okay to ask my best friends to be co matrons of honor? Or should I just ask them to be bride'smaids instead? How can I make my friends feel special when I ask them to be part of the wedding party. How do I ensure my sister still feels included even though she won't be physically present. Any advice you have would be so appreciated. Thank you for all the joy and laugh do you bring to my life every week.
Speaker 2: Do we think she's really saying she's not going to the wedding or we think more just the fest of like the festivities, like like being there for the dress. I'm hoping it's not wedding.
Speaker 4: But even if the wedding, Anonymous seems cool with it, Like apparently it seems to be no matter what it is, Anonymous is cool with that.
Speaker 2: Anonymous is accepted.
Speaker 3: There's no bitterness here that I'm sensing.
Speaker 2: Right right, I think it's well, you what do you think?
Speaker 1: Uh? Well, I asked my sister and my two best friends to be co matron's maids of honor because I felt the same way like I was like, obviously I'm going to be I'm asked my sister, She's my sister, but I felt like Becka and Paulina would be doing the brunt to the work, so I wanted to like honor them and respect them and give them that title. In hindsight, I'm thinking, like, I only have two other bridesmaids, So I was like, I should have just made everybody you made of honor, you know what I mean, Because I'm like, recounts of fear are going to be doing just as much, you know, So in hindsight, I would have done that a little bit differently. But we're here now. But I feel like, at the end of the day, there's so much pressure put on every single all of these little things, like and I think just telling people like that you want them to be as involved or not involved as much as they want. Like I get what she's saying, because it's like there's this weird like I like, my sister lives far away. She doesn't live across the country, but she lives in San Diego. She's two kids, so it's not so easy for her to just come up to La. We're doing flower girl dress trials, and it just happened to land on a day where like they're going to be somewhere for Thanksgiving, so they can't be there. And I'm like, I literally like and I feel like I feel like she's sad that I'm sad, and I'm like, I'm not sad at all. I'm doing this to make everything easy for people to give the girl's flower girl dresses. If she cannot make it, we will FaceTime, We'll send photos, We'll send it. Like it's I think everybody just feels this like pressure on every single side. And I feel I wish that we could all feel unpressured and just do and enjoin and what we want to do and not feel I just feel like there's this level of pressure that just like it is not nice.
Speaker 2: I think it's just wanting to be a part though, you know, like you're invited to something or to be a part of something and wanting to be wanting to be there, but knowing that it's not really physically possible with the other obligations of life. But I think that you just honoring your sister and if she I can't tell if she's married because she's referring to her as a matron, because typically it's a matron and the maids. So maybe it's like your sister's your matron of honor and then your other bridesmaids are are maids of honor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you don't say nothing wrong with having co's though.
Speaker 4: And make a three cos I mean you wish that she had whatever you.
Speaker 3: Want to do. There's no rules here.
Speaker 1: The rules are out the window, gone gone, left them in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: WHOA, I don't know if they've been gone that long.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, I feel like invite her to everything and just make her feel like obviously there's no pressure. I want you here, but I'm not gonna be upset or hold it over your head or you know what I mean. I feel like that's the thing that like, I don't know, I don't know how to explain it.
Speaker 2: I think you just say, hey, I obviously know that circumstances and distance don't allow for you to be a part of everything, but I will invite you. I'm gonna include you in everything, right. I don't want you to feel like I'm upset for anything you can't make. I'm just so happy that you're going to be included and like be on this text messages to see what we're doing, how we're doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love you, and.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it. You're the bride. You don't need to like take care of everybody.
Speaker 1: But you do.
Speaker 2: You really don't, but you do.
Speaker 1: No, but you do.
Speaker 2: Not everyone's emotions or your responsibility.
Speaker 1: I know, say it against sister.
Speaker 2: Not everyone's emotions are your responsibility.
Speaker 1: One more time for.
Speaker 2: The people to not everyone's emotions are your responsibility. It's good, especially adults.
Speaker 1: It's good. I gotta do that.
Speaker 2: That applies to everything, not just brides.
Speaker 1: Care to share anything, get anything off your chest?
Speaker 2: No no no no no no no no no no on that note. That's all we got. But this is a Thanksgiving week and we do have an episode coming out because what we do is we take care of our scrubbers.
Speaker 1: And on our most thankful day, we are thankful for you.
Speaker 2: We are thankful for you. So we hope that whether you're celebrating with family, friends or doing a solo giving, get back to yourself. Yes, we love your that's right, I wasn't going there girl.
Speaker 1: By love you bye to be continue out
Speaker 2: Chairs