Speaker 1: Hey, what's cracking with?
Speaker 2: It is zero to King of the Ghetto, the most of it done, and right now you're checking out me on the Bootleg KIV podcast.
Speaker 3: All ready, before we start the episode, man, I got to remind everybody that we are on the radio in eighty cities every single day across the country. Man Real ninety two to three every day Monday through Friday in Los Angeles, Wild ninety four to one in Tampa, Kkfur, and Phoenix.
Speaker 4: We're all over the place, Miami, Vegas. We can go on and on.
Speaker 3: We want to give a shout out to our latest affiliate. Shout out to Knoxville, Tennessee, Man Hot one oh four point five for being the latest city to join the Bootleg CAV Show network. All right now, I don't ever really talk about the radio show on the podcast, keep them separate. But if you want to listen to the radio show, you can click the link in the bio for a list of all the cities you can listen to at Yeah, that makes sense. Let's get to the interview, Yo, Bootleg CAV Podcast.
Speaker 4: Man, special guests in here, a legend rep in h Town zero.
Speaker 1: What's happening, Man, what's hapening.
Speaker 4: It's good to see you.
Speaker 3: Man. It's funny because you know, I'm real tight with one of my brothers was Mexicano team Okay, and he loves you man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Man, shut out Mexican.
Speaker 4: He says you're his Tupac.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Indeed he did say that y'all got the record together, so I know that was a big deal for him to make happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got a couple of records together now. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Shout out to him, bro, shout out to for you man, Like you've been kind of a part of every I mean not every era of Houston music obviously, but the last twenty years to see kind of like where Texas music as a whole is, because now Dallas is getting in on the action. How do you feel about like kind of what's going on with h Town in the movement is happening with with the with the new generation right now.
Speaker 2: I mean it's good, you know, uh, the same thing it was for us and you know one those before us. So I mean to see the to see the growth, I mean, you know, the rotation like it's supposed to be. It's way different, right, but I think it's supposed to be so I mean know thatsoluted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there's so much talent, Like I just he's just thinking of like pay so pay so obviously shout to Sauce Walker, shout out to Ot, shout out to uh D babies.
Speaker 4: Are you she got it? Man, y'all got y'all got to wait right now and oh geez is still doing their fucking thing.
Speaker 1: Hey, we got to eat too.
Speaker 4: You gotta eat too, man.
Speaker 3: I always tell people if you ever go to Texas and you've never been to like Houston before, and you go to the club, I don't think people understand the reaction that most city down gets. Oh yeah, it's kind of like the dreams and nightmares of Houston.
Speaker 2: It is it is it is it? That's she crazy because I didn't think it was gonna be that one. You know what I'm saying. I knew it was gonna be but like I was like that one. But then you know when I listened to it, like you know, my should to do a move a little bit, so you know it's I understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, it's it's crazy because it's like one of them ones that like, you know, you if if you grow up in La you might not have ever heard it, but then if.
Speaker 4: You if you go hop on a plane to go to Houston.
Speaker 1: It's fucking that's how you're gonna hear it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that ship is Yeah. Yeah, it's crazy. Yeah it's crazy.
Speaker 3: You always will hear people say that you are one of the most underrated MC's just period. Do you feel like you are underrated? And when we talk about the goats and if so, like, why do you think that?
Speaker 2: I mean, probably because I'm not as accessible as you know, all these other people are. Obviously, you know, I'm still independent, so you know, I do what I do and uh, it don't really go I guess beyond that, right, So it's kind of like I'm you know, it's a ceiling there, so but I mean, I don't know. Having access to get out of that ceiling is something that you know, we experiment with because definitely needs to happen. But to say underrated, I mean, you know, I mean it's a yes or no thing. I mean, I feel wall may be coming from. But then at the same time, I know the people that they considered to be goats, they know who I am, so uh, I'm not really tripping on it too hard.
Speaker 4: Facts.
Speaker 3: And also I feel like one of the the guys who used melodies in a way that like not a lot of artists really like.
Speaker 4: When you were doing the melodic shit, it wasn't like the thing to do. It's the post.
Speaker 3: Like fast forward to today, everyone's everyone's got crazy melodies and everyone's kind of doing their singing thing.
Speaker 4: But you were, I feel like you've been doing that for fucking ever.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I had to. It was a money thing, yeah, because when I first started off, I couldn't afford to pay nobody to sing that shit for me.
Speaker 4: So you're like, yo, I ain't got nobody to do the hooks.
Speaker 1: I learned how.
Speaker 2: To do it myself. Yeah, wow, I learned. I stood in the mirror. Somebody was charging me five hundred dollars or something, and I was like, I ain't got no motherfucking five hundred dollars. So I stood in the mirror like I was. I slung the part until it sounded. I then I just kept doing that shit. After that, I just kept on and kept on and kept on it. I mean shit, it just became second nature.
Speaker 4: That's fire, and it worked out.
Speaker 1: It did it did. It pays us plays a lot of bills.
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 4: Indeed, man, can you tell me what it was like?
Speaker 3: Because you came up with a screwed up click, and I feel like I kind of got hipped to that. Obviously I knew about like stuff being chopped and screwed, but in terms of like consuming that kind of music, I kind of got into listening to the screwed and chop shit around the time like the first Mike Jones album came out, and like Michael Watson was doing it, but obviously screwed up click because the originators, did you understand the like gravity of being a part of Like did y'all feel like you were a part of some historical shit at the time, or we are just doing your thing?
Speaker 2: And uh, he was kind of kind of both, like in the beginning and one that way. Obviously it was the ending by the time I got there, But like I had been watching what this music was doing. You know, you come to Houston and you playing your record. If they like it, first thing they gonna do is slow that shit down. And they weren't just gonna slow it down. They had to be slowed down with the correct type of double beating, and like screw had to do that shit. So in the first beginning, it was just like, oh man, you know, yeah, it's some cool shit for Houston. Until the people from Canada and you know, coming from Amsterdam though we just got off the plane. We want to get a return of the red. We want to get a you know, worldwide south side and all.
Speaker 1: This here, like you want to get all that.
Speaker 2: So they coming from other countries to come get these back then, which was just cossette tapes, but.
Speaker 3: They were like bootlegs, right, so like they'd go for overseas people would pay a lot of good money for that shit.
Speaker 2: But they was coming over here paying regular price. The screw was selling it out his house. This out the house, like got his daddy house crazy. And then you get the store. So now it's like it don't matter where you come from. They flying all the way in because they oh no, his store screwed up click records of the tapes, screwed up records of tapes. At the time, it was located on Coling Boulevard, So they just get off the plane and come on Culling Boulevard, go in there, take pictures with everything get loaded up and go back to the you know, they respect the countries. So I think right before we passed, that's when we was like, nah, man, this shit getting iconic.
Speaker 1: It's different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like as an artist had to like you kind of had to feel like you had some shit going. I'm assuming back then, if you're a Houston artist and he screwed the ship up, that mean it has some motion.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, because I mean, how screw would do it if we go in there to go do a tape, like if we're doing if we're doing a tape with you, it's probably just the all right, cool I want I want to I won't bout out on here. I want friends on here. So all he doing it taking the songs that you give him on a list and he's just mixing them, and you know you he give you a microphone. So here's your chance to make a cool little old tape for you and your people, or here's your chance to do some myconic and be known as whoever you want to be, you know what I'm saying. So that that's kind of like how it was with me. I'm I'm finna go on here, and I'm finna fuck some ship up. Yeah, that was mine. I'm like, I'm gonna start my ship here. I was already on a little record label. But that shit ain't start popping til Screw put his hands on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask you, like, uh, you are somebody who's obviously you know you've talked about your relationship with Drake before. We always think about Houston as kind of being a place where that kind of popped off, like sipping you know what I'm saying. It's obviously it's a big part of the culture. Yeah, tooking over hip hop still to this day.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know it's still for you though, Like, was it ever? Do you still do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are you sober?
Speaker 1: I almost died from that shit that I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: I know you went through some health shit with that, Like, can you kind of speak to the because we always see it get glorified right right, right right, And everybody's capable of recreationally using any drug, but it's obviously an addictive thing. It's opiate, So can you kind of just shine a light on just what you went through and in some of the dark side.
Speaker 2: Of some man, I'm gonna say the the worst thing for me is that I ain't gonna say I discovered the habit right when the money started coming, but right when the money started coming up. Until that point, the only thing I did with my money is that so I do a show. You know how much it was, I'm guaranteed you just being fifty percent of that shit don't serve. So right when that shit was getting bad, bad, bad, I was spending like twenty eight five a month just on that shit.
Speaker 1: Month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean I'm not drinking that shit by myself though, right, like you know, I mean, you know, for my people, for some sucker ass niggas, for some fake motherfuckers, and for you know, but all I knew, especially where you from. It's like she who who got some bread around this motherfucker? Oh he got the gallons, he got the paints, so she you know, you buying four to six ounces of this shit every day you get you some money.
Speaker 1: Now you getting two and three paints of this shit.
Speaker 2: You ain't drinking all that shit at one time, But I mean, still though, you overloading, So me, I want to buy enough of this shit. I ain't got to be in your face every motherfucking day, Like how much you got? Okay, I got nine gallons? All right, give me that all, give me all that, all right, I'm taking the nine gallons with me. So nine gallons. I ain't supposed to your ass for the rest of the year. In fact, I'm gonna see you in Bouy sixty days though.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, I mean I got a potty in here right now. He was drinking some of that shit with me, you know what I'm saying. But I mean, nah, I fucked around and locked up. I fucked around and stroked out on that shit.
Speaker 3: Was that while you were on her? While you were trying to get off it? Both because I know you go through withdrawals, right.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, yeah, But I mean I had drunk so much of that shit in my life. When I stopped drinking, it ain't ever really feel like it. I was still dope to fuck up.
Speaker 4: It was just in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And when I asked, I asked, I guess said high power to help me with my habit.
Speaker 1: I caught a case.
Speaker 2: I was pulling up to a video shoot and the cops came out of nowhere, and you know, down there's the state jail feeling it, so they take me to jail for the syruf I missed the video. These dumb motherfuckers leave the syrup in my car, so I get out of jail heavy and Mike d take me to my car. I'm out on bond for some shit that's in my back seat, so they ain't even got no evidence. So I'm like, damn, mis fucked up. I'm gonna go to court and she's gonna get dismissed. Ain't got to drink. I drunk that shit and then I went to go mess with somebody at a studio and then before I knew it, my left side wouldn't move, and then I had a siege. And when I came out of that shit, man, look, you can't pay me to damn not putting a pancake syrup on food.
Speaker 1: I ain't fucking with those syrup.
Speaker 4: So that was like the wake up call.
Speaker 2: July fifteen, twenty fifteen. Woke the fuck up, woke the fuck up, and I ain't fuck with that shit.
Speaker 4: Since that's amazing, congrats man, she.
Speaker 1: I don't even need congrats with those shit like that.
Speaker 3: Hey maybe, but that's I mean, you know, they always say people got to hit rock Bottom.
Speaker 1: Yeah you damn that dying.
Speaker 2: Yeah shit, that ain't congrats. That's bitch ass motherfucker. You should have been took this shit serious. And I'm like you right with me, Just don't take me out.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Listen, I think, like like you said, like you you the money came while the habit was happening, and there was a mixture of those two things before.
Speaker 4: Like that's the thing.
Speaker 3: If it's being glorified in the music, you don't look at it like I'm a drug addict.
Speaker 4: You just look at it like this is just a part of what I do.
Speaker 3: But you know, because you I feel like, do you feel like the addiction got in the way of your progression as like your career?
Speaker 1: Nah, I mean that's the fucked up part.
Speaker 2: Like that ship made the ship progress more because a lot of people like dumb shit.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I mean in terms of just like I got some cold songs like Can't Leave You Drink Alone.
Speaker 4: That's one of your biggest songs, right.
Speaker 2: And it's I mean yeah, but I mean it could be it could be viewed as one of the biggest intros to a fucked up life also because I'm doing this shit. I mean, like it's cool to these people. It's cool to me when I did it, but damn they're dying. Just shit wasn't cool, right, So that is like I done left drink alone. You know what I'm saying, Like remix, I ain't fucking with no no rubble toutsing or nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you get a copy like I'm good. Just give me a lotenger, man, me a fucking give me when the honey honey things, a little cough drop of cherry when it mint eight.
Speaker 4: Now it's interesting because for you man, now that like, did you notice clarity?
Speaker 3: Did you notice like you having your shit together more professionally after you got sober? Nah?
Speaker 1: I can't say I did. Nah.
Speaker 2: I mean the main thing I recognized about the difference in my music now is how my voice sounds like this type of I mean, it's like waking up in the morning and you say your first words, this is the deepest and the most curious your voice is gonna be through the day.
Speaker 4: Did you answer that phone people like yo, you just wake up? Yeah, because you know it sound.
Speaker 1: Like I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But around five thirty six, o'clock your ship up a little bit like this because you gonna go out your good ship out your motherfucker voice. Yeah, that sir, mixed with that weed. It keep your voice sounded like you just woke up our day. Yeah, that's why I was able to sing, uh, I can't leave drink alone like that and some of the mother songs like you know it kind of it kind of really helped with how I wanted to sound. And I still sound like that, but I guess that it's a lot of the heft ain't there No more like I don't sound fat as fuck, no more like that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That should have you bloated too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's why I was signing.
Speaker 3: Always say it like man that I remember school Boy Q was talking about it because school Boy Q went through his his addition with Lean and he was like, man, I got off that ship.
Speaker 4: I got rid of this gut because that's that that lean guts a real fucking thing.
Speaker 3: It is because you also drink helisoda, and that's what the people don't even realize so much soda.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. That's where the weight coming from. That's where the weight coming from.
Speaker 4: Because how many two leaders a.
Speaker 2: Man say at the end, at the end of my ship, it wasn't even no more two leaders of soda. I was so I was so into it, motherfucker. You just get a get get a paint and just go to the go to the juice ISyE, and just go get a gallon water and just poll the paint in the gallon water and just put that bitch in the freezer. Wipe right when it's slush up like sonic ice. Take that motherfucker out, no cup, Just ride out there and just just to look like, yeah, but a gallon note then be riding this motherfucker on interviews. I look at my old interviews, motherfucker be like, man, that nigga zero be stuttering like a motherfucker. No he don't. He on his syrud I rolled up with uh yeah, uh. I go to look at that ship. And now I'm like, I was about to die right here. I was about to die right there, like yeah, and you look at my ship now, motherfucker be like so he so he knows words, right, Yeah, you can talk like a motherfucker.
Speaker 4: That's one thing that innerne can't help you with.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 3: You could go back and look at this and be like, I never want to be that guy. Yeah that nah, that's some real ship. They say, they call you the real N words. Luther van Dross and the new album just explain everybody the title of the new albums as wrote.
Speaker 1: The Van Dross. Yeah, uh call me Rother.
Speaker 2: That's uh the title of the new the new album coming out of December thirteenth. And uh you know that Rotha. You know it's a saluta to Luther because you know, as you said, I do be doing my being melodic thing. Sure, so you know, uh, I'm just on there. You know, called me wrote it just means like you know this about me now? You know that about me now, and you know, twenty five, twenty six years later, should know I'm I'm solidified when it comes to making his music shit. So I don't even want to just be known as nothing else is just man wroth that called me, wrote that that she means, call me everything that's brilliant as a motherfucker, called me anything that's creative as a motherfucker. All that she means just called me wrothor to me. So I'm giving you a I'm giving you a project that you can hopefully agree with with the title. So when you listen to it and be like his body at work, man, that shit was really wrote the like.
Speaker 3: And you got Selo on the album, Helos on the new record, so speaking of it, just revolutionary voices. That motherfucker right there. Yeah, yeah, shout out to see who else is on the album.
Speaker 2: I got my boy Cook Covert. I got my boy Cook Covert. Who's who was in the building right now with me?
Speaker 4: I see him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know he don't pay back.
Speaker 2: I got a DJ x so on there on you know, he on the Stone that he also produced on and uh ain't slimmed up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, slim Thug on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout out to slim Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's it. I kept it, uh, I trim the fat. You know, I always be on the project at least I'm gonna say seventy five percent me. But I mean, I'm the only ones I got this time.
Speaker 4: You're like, how many albums are altogether?
Speaker 1: Are you in? Right now? Man? I lost count.
Speaker 3: I said about y'all Texas boys from a certain generation. Y'all got motherfucking catalog for real. Yeah, that catalog though, pay like like and you've been independent like, I mean, I know you're on rap a lot, but like independent for most of your career, right right, right, which is crazy. So you own the catalog so for a lot of this music, Like how important do you think it is? Because I think that's one thing about Houston we always I think we always associate Houston with like getting it out the trump you know, obviously for you, how important is it to in twenty twenty four, Like do you feel like I feel like the industry's catching up to what y'all been doing because a lot of artists would rather be independent now as to where back in the day you were independent.
Speaker 4: Because you just kind of had to be right right right.
Speaker 3: Like, how do you feel like in twenty twenty four, like the business models have changed for you in terms of being an independent artist.
Speaker 2: Like, well, I mean it changed for me because I've been doing the same thing the whole time. It was just like you said, I did it through rap a lout for a little while. But uh, I don't know, it's kind of like the importance of it being in Houston. You know, we big enough to uh create platinum artists on every street in that motherfucker.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, that's why coming out the trunk, as you say, it's so important down there, because in these spaces that you're gonna pop your trunk in, it's so many motherfucking people. So when you put out some shit, you don't even need to go to Beaumont to make good. You can stay within the confounds of Houston, Texas. You ain't gotta you ain't even got to reach Austin.
Speaker 4: And you're gonna do you know, you're gonna do you have a career, Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Can have it. Yeah, you can have a dope career.
Speaker 2: So, and the reason we have them catalogs is because these motherfuckers keep on paying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you wouldn't be doing it if it wouldn't make it sense.
Speaker 1: You feel me.
Speaker 2: And every time you put out something new, all your shit spike up. You just gotta be going harder than you did on your last one.
Speaker 4: I would say it's like compounding interests, Like every time you drop.
Speaker 3: Everything else goes up with it, exactly because it just brings people to your exactly, to your ship.
Speaker 1: So exactly.
Speaker 4: No, that's that's some real ship man.
Speaker 3: Somebody who obviously has a lot of has given a lot of flowers and have been influenced a lot by Houston is Drake concluding, you know, Drake, you're obviously influence.
Speaker 4: He's paid homage to you.
Speaker 3: I feel like, uh, you know, it's easy to kind of shoot on Drake right now if you're like hip hop media, but Drake showing you love and and and and and kind of like giving you flowers in terms of like being an influence on them.
Speaker 4: How crazy was that era.
Speaker 3: Because that was like early oh eight on nine, at the beginning of this craziness that we you know this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was cool. Yeah, that was cool. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was listening to a lot of the early ship. I was like, yeah, this, this is this ship is cool, just gonna do something like it's gonna do something big. And the here that he was even out there doing my sh at a couple of his shows, Yeah, I was like, yeah, that's dope because he's like one of them guys at the time.
Speaker 3: I mean, but at the time he was like I mean that I felt like the September eighteenth Ship was like some people thought he was from Houston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you would listen to it and if you ain't know the wiser, you would think that. You know what I'm saying, because a lot of a lot of what Houston is you're gonna hear it, and a lot of people ship today.
Speaker 4: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: But I mean it definitely was all over all over his ship, and I mean it was it was dope. It started with him doing it at uh I want to say, I think it was club Hush. He performed it, and uh, he tried to stop the crowd and the motherfuckers like, nah, nigga, we're finna wrap this bitch. He had to say, Nah, man, look, I got a show limit y'all, gotta let me finish this motherfucker. And then yeah, then the next time the Verizon Theater, he had me come out and he did that bitch with me.
Speaker 4: Oh that's fire, That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like because you know, I think Drake Is has done a lot. It feels like he's done a lot of events in Houston to do his best to kind of like get back even though, like you know, because he's been influenced by the sound, some people don't necessarily do that. You think he's done a lot to be like, I'm not taking from the culture, I'm inspired by the culture. But I'm gonna, you know, do what I can to get back to the community.
Speaker 2: Type shit I mean, could be. I mean, to be honest, I don't be paying attention. Yeah I'll be. I'll be trying to get me. You know what I'm saying. I hear about what I hear about, But I mean, whenever I hear about him being in the city, it'd be always some cool shit. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, especially now living so close to the city.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like the age down club set that you're gonna hear is you most city done? Obviously somebody will throw in September eighteenth and then get throwed.
Speaker 2: Get throwed might be in there, Yeah, get throwed might be in there. I would say most city done September eighteenth, and then I would say June twenty seventh. Okay, I would say June twenty seven. You know, which is the where he got You know that from right. That's like I don't give a fuck. Every night in the club, them three them going crazy or they're gonna fuck you up.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, bestrip club in Houston.
Speaker 1: I ain't been the one of the motherfuckers and so long I can't see.
Speaker 3: I respect it. Stay out the strip club, don't get those.
Speaker 4: Hoards your money.
Speaker 2: Yeah I used to, but now I respect them the time.
Speaker 3: Who would you put Let's say, because we kind of know like the OG H town like Mount Rushmore would obviously include Scarface and the Ghetto boys. And but let's say you're era en up, I'll say, like from like oh six, and who's on like the the new og Mount Rushmore of Houston hip hop for you?
Speaker 4: If you're on there? Who else you got up there with you?
Speaker 1: Out of the new the newer era.
Speaker 4: The new o G guys, you know you're era and uh.
Speaker 2: Well, I got to say, I got to say slim thug, I got to say ki ki look kikey.
Speaker 3: Mm Paul shout out to Paul, Yeah, Paul, wow, oh man.
Speaker 1: I don't know. For the O G side, I probably say I'll probably say that because I mean I rock with these people. That yeah, yeah, yeah, that's it's more.
Speaker 2: But you know, I ain't gonna I don't want to put too many eggs on my plate. I know those me and those guys are for sure it's a couple more.
Speaker 3: But I mean, yeah, sure, talk to me about would you because you you had like a series of albums are all named after drugs like crack, heroin, cocaine, et cetera.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Are you ever gonna get a that no album?
Speaker 3: Hell No, I gotta ask because I feel like this is the perfect time to put an album out called Fentanahl get back here.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, you got you got Heroin Dark?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah you do, But I mean Heroin was like.
Speaker 4: You gotta you got a fucking album of a myth pipe on the cover.
Speaker 1: I do, I do.
Speaker 3: I remember seeing that ship at the fucking Zo Records in Phoenix as a kid.
Speaker 4: And being like, oh, I saw one of them at my aunt's house.
Speaker 1: See it was myth.
Speaker 2: The fact, I don't know what the fuck fitting really is and ituld just be taking motherfuckers down when it's good. No, I don't want to. I don't want to take you down all the way. I want you to jam, I want you to bob your head, but I want that motherfucker to come back up though I don't want you.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, hero would be taking motherfuckers down, but you can see Heroin.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know what the look like.
Speaker 3: Do you ever feel like you kind of got out of drugs at the right time before all this ship got weird and spiked with all this craziness.
Speaker 1: Man, I ain't doing nothing crazy than sir.
Speaker 3: So you never got into any of the syrups. Was just kind of where Yes, yeah, I like now that even like the shirtin people were saying that they're sprying weed with that. Now I'm like, who the fuck doing that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they should be weak and they want their ship to be strong, when when they said it to you, they're probably not trying to.
Speaker 1: Kill you with.
Speaker 4: But that sh it's insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, That's why I'm like, yeah, like I want to kill you with my music, but I don't really want to kill.
Speaker 4: You hypothetically of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna get sued or some ship.
Speaker 4: Being from Texas. Have you ever gone hog hunting?
Speaker 2: I ain't never actually shot one of the motherfuckers, but I've been on I've been on one before a long time.
Speaker 4: Ago, like on a hunt.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, there was some motherfuckers and ship. Hell nah, you didn't like it? Nah?
Speaker 2: I mean you know, I went out there thinking that I was going I had to let's just say I had the wrong shit on. Oh for sure, I had the wrong ship, and I was like, damn, I paid now.
Speaker 4: I got a similar story.
Speaker 1: I went to Texas with ot Oh yeah, n your shit was fucked up.
Speaker 4: Listen. I was in Bay City with this full.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We had like a twelve hour day of hunting. We did the helicopter thing, and then we had a late night like call of duty. Everything's pitch black. We got night goggles on. I got Travis Scott fucking Jordan One's on there. They're fucked. They're just mud. Like you said, you gotta wear some bullshit if you're gonna go. Yeah, for sure, you were trying to be flying.
Speaker 4: I had not to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't have no I didn't have no ship to go hunting in. It was just like you want to go. I'm like, yeah, let's go. Shit, I'm trying to roll up weed and then I'm like hold on, Like y'all want me to actually get out the car. They were like no, this is like we're gonna ride up in there. I'm like, and then do it. Then we're gonna get out and walk ah, y'all tripping. I got on our babe. I had on some man. I'm tripping, I had on some threes, had on some leather threes.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the threes.
Speaker 1: And the bitch was eight farty. I like, nah, I fucking hog after that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I'm curious if you could do a joint album with anybody right now, who's on who's who's on the younger side of the hip hop spectrum in h town?
Speaker 4: Who would be.
Speaker 1: M that's a good question because it probably wouldn't be no motherfucking body, to be honest.
Speaker 3: My whole album EP, that's five songs.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I already got there with.
Speaker 4: Pro Pane shout to Propain, who's incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I gotta I got something like that with Propane. But I mean, like I'm kind of I'm kind of funny when it comes to that ship, yeah, because I kind of like be moanting ship to mean something.
Speaker 4: For sure, like let's not do it just to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I mean, I mean that's cool. I mean, we do songs just to do them all the time. But I kind of like want to wait because you know, Propane, do you know, shout out to Probate pro a bunch of shit with everybody m hm, So.
Speaker 4: You kind of will be like, yo, if we do it, like I ain't trying to be.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I want to wait till he ain't did nothing with nobody in a while, because the ship I'm gonna do with him, I want that ship to stand out in another type of way.
Speaker 4: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I mean like and like everybody out there is doing shit with everybody right now, which is good to that's good to see, you know what I'm saying out of their own errors and ship. But you know, uh, And to be honest, I don't even know if I just say this ship or that. But we was toying with a We was toying with a pro Pans Zero Sauce Walker album. So we was toying with that, like we ain't. We ain't recording nothing only yet. But they did some ship that we was talking about though.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Salwaka great mind. He's got to do a song called things called three or four Bounty Hunter.
Speaker 4: That's fucking raw. Shout out to him.
Speaker 3: Yo, you were on the last ugh GK album ever before passed passed away. What was your actually? I think that album came out after he passed away or around the time he passed away. It was a double disc. I think I think I think it might have came out before he passed. But what was it like? I mean, I feel like pimpsy with the internet would have been crazy.
Speaker 4: He'd have had a podcast.
Speaker 3: He'd have been canceled thirty five times by now, this motherfucker would.
Speaker 4: He could have been the president. Who knows. But what was it like being around pimps like?
Speaker 1: Man? It was?
Speaker 2: It was educational and funny as fuck. Yeah, and in that order, because he's gonna always say some shit like he like, just like this nigga know everything. Hey man, we're gonna go over here, man, let me tell you about it over that, whether he was talking to him or not. You know what I'm saying, Like this nigga was gonna and then he gonna end up saying some funny shit to you on accident that wasn't even funny to him. So if you laughing at the shit, he's gonna be like, fuck you laughing at It's serious. That shit was like it was comical as it was coming uncle as fuck. And uh, but he always told you something good and he always said something about a dollar time. You know what I'm saying, I always had some real strong building words. You know what I'm saying out for what me and Slim Thug need to be doing and all this other shit. And I wrote, I wrote a song about y'all niggas. I don't give a fuck if you like it or not. Nigga knocking those nine and I was like, hum from the player for you and he played that part. He was like yeah, he was like Slim Thug and Zero like what was it?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: We still bullshitting need to sit down, take a tour. Us too much money to be getting. And I was like, I'm like, Nigga, we squashed that shit last month, though, I don't give a fuck the song coming out.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Nigga, So y'all know the songs on the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, damn, But you know it was cool though. That was that's kind of dope though.
Speaker 3: That Like, it's because back then you could just leak music right away to the internet, like it had to come out. So it's like, yeah, the fact y'all had a heads up to you guys, and the fact that he had the wherewithal to be like, I'm gonna put this out there because he's got the influence to maybe bring you all together, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, wasn't nobody else do that? Ship? Though?
Speaker 4: Have you been to Trilburger? M?
Speaker 1: Is it good? It?
Speaker 4: Is this the hype real?
Speaker 1: I like the vegan Burger?
Speaker 4: Are you vegan?
Speaker 2: I'm supposed to be. I respect that I'll be. I'll be trying.
Speaker 4: I got your music playing, right or Jesus Christ or no, it was Tyler playing? What made you want to go vegan? Was it just just to be healthier? Like doctor tell you that you had to do it?
Speaker 1: I had a I had I had a couple of chins. I had a ship. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I had a couple of chins. Yeah, and I.
Speaker 4: Wanted to be You don't want to have two chins.
Speaker 2: I want a singular chainmanship. So I needed to change my dad to you know, pro create a singular chin.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if you want the single chin, you got to get rid of one of them. So you give you bullshit?
Speaker 2: So you got to eat right, You got to work out and do all the other ship we be doing?
Speaker 4: So how much how much way to be lost? So you've been taking that.
Speaker 1: Serious about like sixty eight pounds.
Speaker 4: That's a fucking that's an anorexic white woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of.
Speaker 2: That's a twelve year old for sure, from but but from like but from like damn near three hundred pounds, So you know, I lost a lot and in games and ship back the way I'm supposed to. So I mean, it's it's way better than it was. I got Utchy in again.
Speaker 4: Back to the single.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you feel of a single.
Speaker 4: Yo, do you you know?
Speaker 3: I always find it interesting that we have like a couple of the biggest artists in the world, well, not a couple of I mean should obviously Beyonce for considering her, but and hip hop at least Meg and Travis are kind of like they're not there's literal superstars. And it's interesting because I had this conversation with Saswoka. He was saying that a lot of I think he was talking more about Meg, but he was essentially saying, like the outward list outwardness of them repping he town sometimes isn't where he would like to see it, because I feel like when you think of mag the first thing you don't think of like you kind of got to be reminded she's from Houston. But how crazy is it? Like for you, for you to see kind of like where those two people's careers have gone being from the city. Like, but somehow they I feel like they don't get necessarily associated in the same way we think of like slim thug or even like ot ot is so like shoving it down your throat, bitch'all from Texas.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you know, Otch, he got Texas in his name, you know what I'm saying. So you know what I'm saying that miss So I mean you gotta think, you gotta think that just just off his.
Speaker 4: Name, right, and he has a fucking cowboy hat on it all times, so there's.
Speaker 2: Stiff yeaways looking like he on the ranch like yeah, that's this texas As fucked Yes. But I mean for me, man, I don't even give a fuck. Yeah, I don't even give a fuck because I mean, uh, people do what people do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You want to say, even like Don Tolliver, Don Talker's huge.
Speaker 2: From Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I mean you know, some people some people do, some people don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, you have any like you and you and Travis ever chopping up out maybe doing a record together or anything.
Speaker 1: We talked about it. Yeah, we talked about it.
Speaker 2: I did something back in the gap that didn't that didn't see the light of day on there.
Speaker 4: But really, which album was supposed to be on astral World?
Speaker 1: Whatever pornography was.
Speaker 4: I think that was. I think that was Rodeo whatever it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, whatever it was. But I mean, she.
Speaker 4: That'd be crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know that happens a lot.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it does. I mean and and and and you You can't take a person because it just happens, Yeah, for sure. Yeah, Don Tolliver. I remember someone told me that Cheddar the Connect found Don Tolliver, and I was like, flick at the risk, guy, Fire, That's just that's some Houston ass ship.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Shade of the Connected. All right, so your new album is coming.
Speaker 1: Out in December, December thirteenth.
Speaker 3: December thirteenth. The new record with Silo is currently out coming now. It's coming soon, coming soon, Yeah, coming soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think we're gonna I think we're gonna lead out with this little freestyle done no Ice.
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna lead out with that on the eighth.
Speaker 2: I believe Fire yeah, and then uh, then the Sea Low record gonna come after that, then Rotha gonna come after that. Then I'm gonna December thirteenth.
Speaker 4: I love it. Yeah yeah, So this is your second album this year.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: You don't man, y'all, but Texas boys don't play about putting out your projects.
Speaker 1: Dog and the Bills don't play. We gotta keep going.
Speaker 4: Hey, but that ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I've been looking at we were driving I forget where we were at in Texas. We're leaving Houston to go to Bay City, and we're driving by a suburb that was in the middle of nowhere. Just off to the left. There was just brand new houses in the middle of nowhere. It was just flat everywhere.
Speaker 4: I just pulled up Zillow and I saw how much the house is cost and I was like, damn, we might need to move to Texas. No state tax, y'all.
Speaker 3: Can protect yourself, can't get an abortion, but hey, pull out it is what a what everything that's good. There's you know, there's a given a take no abortions, but you could carry a gun and no state tax. Yeah, you moved to fucking l A l A will make you consider it fucking just I don't know, getting the fuck up out of the country. Nonetheless, man, Zero, I appreciate you pulling up bro, your legend, and your new album is on the way, so make sure y'all go support it, Go support everything this guy's got going on.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you, Zero Fire.