Speaker 1: Per It's media podcast. Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer Newhart and today we're joined by Brody Randall, Seth Chester, Keith, Corey Taylan and Logan. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat eaters four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking. There is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners choosing. And because this episode is brought to you by Athletic Brewing, they're matching our five hundred dollars donation as well as sponsoring a moneyball question of the week. Thanks to Athletic Brewing, today's game has has the potential for a fifteen hundred dollars conservation donation. Now for the stat of the week. This week, we're looking at player performance in the cooking category. In the history of all Meat Eater cooking question, the player average is fifty one percent at the top of the leaderboard. Do we have any guesses who will that make it? That's gotta be the hardest category, the easiest. Our ranging in categories is cooking at fifty one percent, that I think is hunting in conservation at forty seven percent, and then fishing is forty four percent. So they're all within seven percentage points of each other. Oh, guess Brody, you think Brody is wrong? Who's our best? I think Randall is quite satisfied here that Logan, who's our best performer in the cooking category? Now? Cal is also wrong? Chester, who's our best performer?
Speaker 2: Steve?
Speaker 1: Steve is also wrong? What do you got Keith? Who's our best performer in the cooking category?
Speaker 2: Does Danielle count?
Speaker 1: Danielle is not our best performer? Our best. At the top of the leader board is Yiannis, who gets seventy percent of cooking questions correct. That's followed by Randall with sixty eight percent, Cal with sixty seven percent, Brody with sixty five percent, Steve with sixty three percent, and Maggie, Hudlow and Max with fifty three percent. The cooking category has the fewest questions of all four verticals. Now here's our Infrequently Asked Question segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the medeater dot com with the subject line ifaq Adam McCulloch wants to know. I am wondering if Spencer could review the correct answers at the end of each round to help listeners with their final score. I find myself listening when I'm doing chores or working and tend to lose track of my right answers. Now, this has been a common request over the last few months, so we're gonna be doing that. I think. I think Adam is right. After question nine, we'll review all the correct answers so you can get a refresher on how well you're doing and how you stack up against Brody and Keith and Corey and everyone else in the room. We have some housekeeping to get to. In a recent episode of Trivia, we had a question about what show opens with the fish and Whole song, which is a familiar whistled tune. The answer was The Andy Griffith Show, and in the flavortext I said, how Andy and Opie are walking by a river, but that was wrong. They were actually by Franklin Canyon Reservoir in Los Angeles, which is one of the most famous bodies of water in Hollywood. The reservoir was created in nineteen fourteen and became a popular spot for filming in the nineteen thirties. It's estimated that about twenty five films are shot there each year. Some of those include A Nightmare on Elm Street, Creature from the Black, Lagoon On Golden Pond, Purple Rain, Rambo, The Great Outdoors, Kindergarten, Cop Silence of the Lambs, Big Mama's House, Doctor Doolittle, Too, National Treasure, and I Love You Beth Cooper. The reservoir also makes frequent television cameos, appearing in According to Jim American Horror Story Bonanza, The Brady Bunch, CSI Er Green Acres, How I Met Your Mother, Lassie NCIS, Sons of Anarchy, The Young and the Restless, and Stone Trek Fail. You're a pop culture guy in here. Can you recognize any scenes that were maybe shot at this reservoir when you heard that list? No, Randall, how about you?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm wondering about.
Speaker 3: At the beginning of Silence of the Lambs, aren't they jogging around uh at the FBI training center whatever the body.
Speaker 4: That's one thing that that caught me because a lot of times when you see people jogging around a lake in a movie, it's usually Echo Park Lake. There was like a fountain, and that's that's a lot more recognizable. Yeah, okay, but I've never I wouldn't recognize Franklin Canyon.
Speaker 2: And then in Big Mama's House.
Speaker 1: That, despite his reputation, is the official waterway of Beverly Hills. The reservoir actually has a nice conservation story. In the nineteen seventies, the land around it was set to be developed. That's when the National Park Service stepped in to purchase it, preserving six hundred and five acres of wilderness that's now known as Franklin Canyon Park. Now. The Shelby Index for today's round is a three, so our winner should get six correct answers. And with that, we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Here we go, it's going on. Look, I need to know what I stand to win everything?
Speaker 2: How's that? Just tend to win everything? Demon Suckers?
Speaker 1: Question one The topic is fishing. This will be multiple choice. Which of these states is the lake trout not native to Is it Maine, Oregon, Minnesota, or Montana? Which of these states is the lake trout not native to Maine, Oregon, Minnesota, Montana, Phil. Do you have any any nice adotes about any of those films or TV shows from that list?
Speaker 4: Nel Spencer, sorry to disappoint you.
Speaker 1: Should it should give you a heads up? Have you seen Big Mama's House? Randall?
Speaker 2: I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I have feel like you're not their target audience. What are you saying that you're not there?
Speaker 3: I just thought that was an overwhelming list of television programs and movies.
Speaker 1: Which of these states is the lake trout not native to Maine, Oregon, Minnesota, Montana. Is anybody confident in their answer? No, shrew is shaking their head. No, lake trout is native to three of these states. It is not native to one of them, Maine, Oregon, Minnesota, Montana. Is everybody ready? It looks like Brody's.
Speaker 2: For everyone?
Speaker 1: Brody, seven of our players are ready. You're not. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Chester saying Montana, Cory sang Montana, Keith saying Organ, Taylan sang Orgon, Randall saying Oregon, Seth sang Montana, Logan sang Oregon, Brody sang Oregon. Nobody said Mayne or Minnesota. The correct answer is Oregon. About half of you got that right. Lake trout are native to about a dozen states, with most of them being in the New England or Great Lakes region. Montana is an odd outlier with lakes taking with lakers taking refuge in water here along the ice sheet during the place to Scene era. After the ice melted, the trout recolonized the deep lakes that the glaciers formed. So native Domaine, Minnesota, and Montana not native to Oregon. Question two, the topic is hunting. This gun brand introduced the super Black Eagle to the American market in nineteen ninety one. Randal, Chester, Keith, Corey, Seth, and Brody all know this. That leaves Logan and Taylin who are not as confident. This gun brand introduced the Super Black Eagle to the American market in nineteen ninety one. Randal, you're basically a federal arms dealer over there.
Speaker 3: We shouldn't joke about that anymore because they've changed the rules.
Speaker 2: Okay, they've changed the rules.
Speaker 3: Tell us about it to determine whether or not someone is engaged in the business of.
Speaker 1: Arms truck so wouldn't be Randall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the hobbyists in the internet, in the corners of the internet, and we're showing out are much concerned about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the ATF loves folks like Randall.
Speaker 1: So did you ever own own a Super Black e No?
Speaker 3: Not really a shotgun man, Okay, I like to own novelty shotguns, but.
Speaker 2: Not useful ones.
Speaker 1: This gun brand introduced the Super Black Eagle to the American market in nineteen ninety one. Does anybody own one of these? Got what Keith does? Keith is our loane super Black Eagle owner. Okay, Brody seems a little torn maybe on what he's come up with.
Speaker 2: All right, I always won one of these?
Speaker 1: Does that help you?
Speaker 2: Brody?
Speaker 1: Seth is an aspiring Super Black Eagle owner. It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Chester saying Benelly, Corey sang Ruger, Keith saying Benelly, Taylor sang Savage, Randall saying Benelly, Seth saying Benelly, Logan sang Benelly. Brody crossed out. Ruger wrote down Smith and West and the correct answer is Benelly. About half of you got that right. It was thought about that hint you had in a question. I guess what was the hint that it came to the American market. Yeh in nineteen ninety one. That's that's right, there was your hint. It was the first Semiato shotgun that took twelve gage three and half inch shells, which made it an instant sensation with American water fowlers. The black market for the Black Eagle quickly sprung up, with some of the shotguns selling for double their initial price. According to Guns Magazine quote, investors were buying them up for future retirement income. It was a mad, mad time. Now it's an Italian shotgun, right right. So it came to the American market in nineteen ninety one. Question three. The topic is conservation. According to Perdue, the clinical signs of big game with this disease are quote, lesions on the lungs, ribcage, and chest cavity. This is according to Purdue University. The clinical signs of big game with this disease are lesions on the lungs, ribcage, and chest cavity. This is question three. Brodie is the only want so far to write anything down? This may be a zero percenter last question or last round. We had a one hundred what's so funny? Randall?
Speaker 2: I I just realized I was hearing pug noises. Sorry, I thought it was my stomach.
Speaker 1: But put that pug up to the mic again for us, Keith.
Speaker 2: Get my answer right first here, bring the mic down, I.
Speaker 3: Want to disturb.
Speaker 1: According to Purdue, the clinical signs of big game with this disease are lesions on the lungs, rib cage, and chest cavity. That was a good one. It was everybody clear out here here. This is question three. Randall, how do you feel about the answer that you have to come up with yet?
Speaker 3: Well, the answer that I will come up with I feel great about. Okay, the one I have currently not so yeah.
Speaker 1: How about you, Seth? You were the only folks who isn't threatening to change their answer right now, so you must be a little confident.
Speaker 2: I certainly wrote down a disease.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: It's everybody ready. Randall and Brody Chester doing some scribbling and erasing. Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Chester without an answer, Corey without an answer, Keith saying Bruce Losis, Taylor saying chronic wasting, Randall saying pneumonia, Seth saying EHD, Logan saying c w D Brody saying, ehd, nobody got it. The correct answer is tuberculosis. Nobody got that one right.
Speaker 3: If only it could have given us a clue like this used to plague tenement homes in the early twentieth century.
Speaker 1: BOVI TB is most commonly found in cattle and deer, but it also makes rare appearances and raccoons, possums, coyotes, and pigs. The USDA considers most states tuberculosis free, but sporadic outbreaks do still occur. Most recently, deer in Minnesota, Michigan, and Indiana have tested positive for the disease. Question four. This is our listener question of the Week, which was won by Warren Zimistrad for sending this great question. Warren is going to get a board game signed by the crew if you want a chance to win our listener Question of the Week and send your question to Trivia at the meadeater dot com. What Television Angler sells a three hour DVD of bloopers that he calls his best goof ups and Funny Moments. What Television Angler sells a three hour DVD of bloopers that he he calls his best quote goof ups and funny moments, Randall, you have this one right, I feel pretty good now. Randall is a trivia fiend. He was recently attending some trivia local here to Montana and he texted me with a lofty accusation. What happened Randall at that trivia.
Speaker 3: Well, it was just a probably just a strange coincidence. But a day or two after the episode released in which there's a question about the deep Water Horizon known to some as the blue Water Horizon, there was a very similarly phrased question at a local trivia game in which I was not competing, so there was no unfair advantage.
Speaker 2: But I just thought that was strange.
Speaker 1: That is strange. It's not like we were on an anniversary or it's like local to this area, and you said the answer they were looking for was also deepwater horizons, yes, which is I felt like a unique way to phrase that. So yep, it was maybe maybe some thievery happening.
Speaker 3: It was a I don't doubt that that goes on, but for me to be there when a question was that and I wasn't even playing this game, I just walked in for a beverage.
Speaker 1: Now you can you can tell it. It happens with listeners who will lift questions after off of shows, like they'll see something on Jeopardy or or any other like trivia based show, and then I'll get like seven of the same question in a two day span where folks think it's relevant to this category. So it does happen. It does happen. Here's the question again, what television angler sells a three hour DVD of bloopers that he calls his best goof ups and funny moments. Chester with a blank Board, surprisingly sad that you're disappointed in Chester for having a blank board.
Speaker 4: Here, not disappointed, He's just angry.
Speaker 1: You're just not disappointing. So I'm just pissed him. I can see him off his boat. You're you're going to bed at yourself when you hear the answer. You must be a fun way to feel. Chester is everybody ready? I think Brody is the most I'm not. It's everybody ready. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Chester without an answer. Cory saying the dude with the Tennessee hat, Keith saying Bill Dance, who happens to be the dude with the Tennessee hat? Taylor without an answer, Randall saying Bill Dance, Seth saying Bill Dance. Logan sang Oliver Nighte Brody saying Bills correct answer is Bill Dance. We're not going to give it to somebody who wrote down Bill Tennessee had or the guy who is the Tennessee hat. Bill Dance's blooper videos on YouTube have over twenty million views. They range from hitting his shin on a trailer hitch to setting a hook so hard that he falls over backwards into the water. As one YouTube commenter put it, Bill Dance is the only man who can make bass fishing look dangerous. Here's a look at one of my favorite bloopers from Bill. Play the clip Phil look at that style too. Our players are watching Bill Dance remove a snag from a tree and then a cotton mouth falls down on it. But what I think is a cotton mouth? What is it? I don't think they'd be That's a good point. Probably just a bull snake. Now my question is like, doesn't it seem like some of his stuff is barry stage Oh so he admitted once that some of the bloopers are recreating things that happened when the cameras weren't on now this appears to be organic, and I think many of them are. But as Brody said, you'll find some stage ones in there. Now here comes the instant replay. You can only see this on our YouTube channel. Some Bill dance Kung Fu here? That would be terrifying.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's anything funny about it.
Speaker 1: I didn't see the kick Bill dance. It is the correct answer question five. The topic is cooking named after a fish. This Massachusetts peninsula is considered one of the best places in the world for fresh seafood.
Speaker 4: Sorry, guy, it's gonna be a second for us on the TV.
Speaker 1: Here, the topic is cooking named after a fish. This Massachusetts peninsula is considered one of the best places in the world for fresh seafood. Randall, you have this one right, I hope so. Keith you have this one right.
Speaker 4: Feeling good about it?
Speaker 1: Keith, have you been to this place? Negative? Never a Massachusetts peninsula that's named after a fish. Randall and Keith may be the only two who get this right. Named after a fish, This Massachusetts peninsula is considered one of the best places in the world for fresh seafood. Chess, did you ever watch Bill dance's fish and show yes all the time, I imagine occasionally, Yeah, been doing it for a long time. To create a three hour blooper DVD?
Speaker 3: Well not if you constantly do the playback in slow motion. That stretches your content way out.
Speaker 1: Or would you have a good blooper reel of your fishing guiding days?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, if you had a camera on go pro attached to the boat.
Speaker 1: Anything good come to mind. Hooks, your faces falling over the boat.
Speaker 5: Hooks constantly, and people really being woosies thinking that it's gonna like you know, it's a size like just a tiny little nymph getting caught in someone's finger and they they think they need to go to the er. And then you do that now when you got surgeon Chester that little monofilament trick and pop it out. I don't know, there's nothing really that comes to mind, but be a lot of asshole clients like that'd be good. I'd watch that and like wives out fishing husbands a lot things like that. It's probably got some good ones.
Speaker 1: I swamped my boat with some clients on the big hole. Oh that sounds a little more serious than the goof ups and funny moments that bill dance. It was creey.
Speaker 3: It's funny now, but yeah, it was annoying at the time.
Speaker 5: Pooping my waiters, not that anyone would know on the video.
Speaker 2: Do we get that filler rolling, Crystal?
Speaker 1: Can you elaborate?
Speaker 5: I ate some fried chicken from a local establishment.
Speaker 4: We've been through this.
Speaker 5: Maybe me eater, okay, but long missed it and h yeah, I figured it was just didn't I didn't make it to the woods, so I cinched up my waiting belt nice and tight.
Speaker 1: Just nothing else to do.
Speaker 3: I mean, was there any sort of visible reaction on your part, like if we were to play it back in super slow motion with the Benny Hill Gang.
Speaker 5: I mean, imagine rolling really hard to the bank, throwing down an anchor, hopping out, getting halfway to the woods, and just turning around and coming back.
Speaker 2: You could have just faked it. You could have gone for five minutes, just come back and said, everything's normal.
Speaker 1: Boys, that's a good fishing guy. Chester clients are definitely like, honest, that was the biggest of the day. Again, we're on question five, named after a fish. This Massachusetts peninsula is considered one of the best places in the world for fresh seafood. Is anybody besides Randall or Confidence they have this one right? Yes, I know Taylor. Have you been there before?
Speaker 3: No, I haven't.
Speaker 1: Keith or excuse me, Corey? Have you have you visited?
Speaker 2: Have not?
Speaker 1: Massachusetts? Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Chester without an answer, Corey saying cape Cod, Keith saying cape Cod, Taylor saying cape Cod, Randall saying cape Cod, Seth without an answer, Logan saying Marlon Brody without an answer. He's taking a furious sip of his The correct answer is cape cod. Cape Cod was named by an English explorer who took note of the peninsula's abundance of cod. According to National Geographic Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket and Cape Cod are some of the best places on Earth to order seafood. The region is home to some of the finest tasting oysters, clams, lobster, cod, tuna, and striped bass. Historians actually believe the wooden lobster pot was invented there in the early eighteen hundreds. Fill we're halfway through the game of trivia, give us a leader board update.
Speaker 4: For some reason, I was unprepared for this. I don't know why I've done this one hundred times. Brody Chester and Corey, I'll have one point a piece. Wait to go, guys, Logan, Seth and Tailan have two and tied up in first place are Keith and Randall. They've got four points.
Speaker 1: Are defending champion Keith striking fear in the eyes of Randall and Brody. Question six. The topic is wildlife. This is the Athletic Brewing moneyball question of the week. For every correct answer provided, Athletic Brewing is going to make a one hundred dollars donation that's capped at five hundred dollars. This week, Athletic Brewing is giving to the Audubon Society. Here is your moneyball question. What animal did Edgar Allan Poe describe as being quote grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt, and ominous? Question six, the topic is wildlife. For every correct answer our players get, Athletic Brewing is going to make an extra one hundred dollars donation. Here's the question, what animal did Edgar Allan Poe describe as being quote grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt, an ominous? Maybe it was a pug? Yeah, Corey, you know this one. It picks okay. Randall is also confident. Brody I think was the first to answer Chester. Do you have this one right? Probably not okay? One hundred dollars per correct answer, capped five hundred dollars. This is question six. You have it right, seth Okay, I have an animal though, Okay, is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Chester saying Raven, Corey saying Raven, keep saying Raven, Taylor saying Crow, Randall saying Raven, Set saying Bear, Logan saying Kyote, Brody saying Raven. The correct answer was Raven. I think we had five people get that right.
Speaker 2: On to count Crow.
Speaker 1: You want to count Crow.
Speaker 2: I just think it's basically the same thing.
Speaker 1: It's not Taylan. We're not going.
Speaker 2: For crow. I appreciate that. It's just a thumb in the eye of the bird. People.
Speaker 1: Now that line is from Edgar Allen Poe's most famous poem, The Raven. It's about a man who lost his lover and believes he's being he's having a supernatural encounter with a talking bird. Now, our thespian Phil is going to entertain us by reading a Stanza from the poem Take it Away.
Speaker 4: Phil, the raven never flitting still, is sitting still, is sitting on the palid bust of palace, just above my chamber door, and his eyes have all the seeming of a demon that is dreaming. And the lamplight or him streaming throws his shadow on the floor, and my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor.
Speaker 2: Shall be lifted.
Speaker 4: Never more.
Speaker 1: Well well done. It was so good watching a YouTube video. He killed the lights. He brought some dramatic lighting up on his face. I made that request to Phill at ten pm last night, and then he still brought that level of performance and he memorized it.
Speaker 4: Well, here's you memorized the reason I started. It seemed like I was really throwing on the mustard there is because I forgot the words and I was stumbling, so I just kind of stretched it out a.
Speaker 2: Little old stagecraft there.
Speaker 1: Well well done, Phil.
Speaker 3: God no matter who has the most correct answers. Phil is one Today's trivia Now.
Speaker 1: Thanks again to Athletic Brewing for sponsoring the Moneyball question of the week and for making that five hundred dollars donation to the Audubon Society Question seven. The topic is hunting. Which migratory bird flyway has the fewest hunters? Which migratory bird flyway has the fewest hunters. I also asked Phil if he ever prepared or if he ever performed the Raven in his life. He said he never had, so that was all with him having about twelve hours to prep.
Speaker 4: Very good Phil, and for being realistic. It was about four minutes before. Okay, so I was trying to get that Bill Dance video to work and I couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wow. Only on meat Eater Trivia you can get bill Dance followed by the raven? Which migratory bird flyway has the fewest hunters? Randall, you have this one right.
Speaker 2: I have no clue if I haven't.
Speaker 1: Right, Keith, you have this one right. You think it's a it's a flyaway. We'll see what happens. All right? This is question seven Chester. How'd you come up with the raven despite not being confident on that last one?
Speaker 5: Well, we in high school did some Edgar Allen Poe reading and I remember the raven, so I went with that. But I also was like thinking animal, so I almost erased raven and put down like a possum.
Speaker 1: Oh can I ask a question about your question? I mean sure, I may not ANSWER's.
Speaker 5: Refer to like all hunters or specific kind of hunters.
Speaker 1: Well, think about how they would get this. You know, the US Fish and Wildlife Service would take a water following survey to ask about how many ducks you killed and geese you killed and snipe you killed, so it would be specific to water fowlers. Gotcha, which migratory bird flyway has the fewest hunters? Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have chester. You're saying Pacific, Corey saying Central, Keith saying Pacific. Tailor without an answer, Randall saying Pacific, Seth saying Central, Logan saying Pacific, Brody saying Pacific. The correct answer is Pacific. Most of the room got that one right. According to a twenty twenty one survey, the Mississippi Flyway has four hundred thirty thousand hunters, the Central has two hundred thirty thousand, the Atlantic has two hundred twenty thousand, and the Pacific has one hundred seventy thousand. Despite having fewer hunters, the Pacific Flyway actually harvests more ducks and geese than the Atlantic Flyway. Question eight. The topic is gear. This outdoor gear brand that's named after a rodent made its first sleeping bag in nineteen seventy three. This is questioning scoreboard update from Phil the Thespian. After this, This outdoor gear brand that's named after a rodent made its first sleeping bag in nineteen seventy three. So I'm a first one of the spring. The other day, Oh okay, there's a there's a hint on what this rodent might be. Stephen Seth or excuse me, Brody and Seth just saw one the other day.
Speaker 5: That was a big hint.
Speaker 1: This outdoor gear brand that's named after a rodent made its first sleeping bag in nineteen seventy three. We've had a story about the sleeping bag, not the rodent. We've he old rat Sack got a zero percent of this game. We may have a one hundred percenter. Here is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Chester and Corey and Keith. The entire room said Marmott. They got it. The correct answer is Marmott. Marmott began as a Mountaineering Club for students at the Universe Verity of California, Santa Cruz. The first rule of the club was that everyone got to be president, and you could join the club after climbing one peak with a member. They named the group after the Marmot because they appreciated their social disposition and mountain climbing skills. Fill we have two questions left. Who remains in the game.
Speaker 4: We've got Corey, Taylan, and Seth with three points. Logan, Brody, and Chester have four and none of them are in the running for the victory. Keith and Randall are tied up with seven points.
Speaker 1: Two questions left. Question nine. The topic is cooking. This four letter word is defined as quote a hardy seasoned Italian sauce of meat and tomatoes. This is question nine. This four letter word is defined as a hardy seasoned Italian sauce of meat and tomatoes. Keith has not come up with an answer yet. Randall does have one, though that damn Bill Dance threw me off for the four letter word. As a reminder, there is a one thousand dollars donation on the line today because of Athletic Brewing sponsorship.
Speaker 5: M hmm.
Speaker 1: This four letter word is defined as a hearty, seasoned Italian sauce of meat and tomatoes. Keith, you now have an answer. Do you think you have it right? All right? Bro do you have this one right as well?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But I'm out. It's everybody ready. Cory, you got this one? No four letter word?
Speaker 2: I either have it or you hear it.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and revealswer we got Chester without an answer, Corey saying ragu, Keith saying ragu, Taylan saying ragu, Randall saying ragu, Seth and Logan without an answer. Brody saying ragu. They got it. The correct answer was ragu and Corey just thought he was being funny here and he got it right. Instead of beers, ragu is typically made with ground meat, onions, tomatoes, and red wine and served with pasta. Danielle Pruitt says making ragu is one of her favorite ways to cook a deer neck. To learn how to make it, go to the meadeater dot com and read her recipe called Venison neck Ragu. Now here's a correct answer review for our listeners at home. One was Orgon, Two was Benelli, three tuberculosis four Bill Dance five, Cape Cod six, Raven seven, Pacific Flyway eight, Marmot nine RAGU. Here is question ten. The topic is public lands. Name three of the national parks that UTAH refers to as they're mighty five? His question ten? Phil? Who is left in the game here for this final question?
Speaker 4: JUSTI and Randall? They both have eight points.
Speaker 1: Name three of the national parks that UTAH refers to as they're mighty five.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Seth gives up, puts the whiteboard down, said, it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 4: Can't hunt him anyway.
Speaker 2: I think I get two, but.
Speaker 1: Give it a try. Set Maybe that last one will come to you. And as as you know, we've see and we keep all these stats.
Speaker 2: So just get the juices flowing, spill.
Speaker 4: It a la.
Speaker 1: Randall, you have this one right, I think so. Keith, you have this one right?
Speaker 2: You boys?
Speaker 1: Could you boys name four of them if you had to?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Could you name five?
Speaker 2: I could? I could do four.
Speaker 1: Might take me a second on five. I'm not gonna make you will go to overtime the old fan.
Speaker 2: But UH.
Speaker 1: Like to see you boys try write them down and then you know, like circle the ones that aren't part of your three. It's very clear. Name three of the national parks that UTAH refers to as they're mighty five. This is question ten. Is everybody ready? Randall is writing down his fifth gives up. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have chess. You're saying Great Salt Lake, Zion, Arches, Corey saying arches, Zion, Bryce Canyon, and then his bonus one was canyon Lands. Keith saying Zion staircase, Arches, and then his bonus were needles. And what's that one saying San Taylor saying arches, Zion staircase, Randall saying Zion, Arches, Canyon Lands. His bonus was Bryce Canyon, Seth saying arches and Zion, Logan saying Zion, Grand Canyon, Escalante, Brody saying Arches, Zion, Bryce. The five are Arches, Bryce, Canyon, Canyon Lands, Capitol Reef, and Zion. That makes Randal our winner who got three of them. Keith incorrectly had the staircase in there. The five parks account for about eleven million visitors each year. They range from the third most visited park, Zion National Park at four point six million visitors, to the twenty eighth most visited park Canyon Lands National Park at eight hundred thousand visitors. All five parks are known for their red rocks, hoodoos, and arches. Randall is the winner with nine correct answers. Where is the one thousand dollars donation going from Meat Eater and Athletic Brewing?
Speaker 3: You know, I took a jab at the bird folks earlier with my raven crow comparison, and we're already given some money to That.
Speaker 1: Was a job I didn't tell. Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm dismissive of distinctions between animals that looked very similar, and we've already got some money going to the National autibonn Society.
Speaker 1: That's right, the moneyball question, and.
Speaker 2: So let's just push the whole pot in fifteen dollars. Then, yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: What do you like about it besides feeling bad a little bit for picking on crows and ravens being the same animal.
Speaker 3: Organization with a very interesting history named after a character.
Speaker 2: Who killed a lot of birds.
Speaker 3: Okay, And as Seth pointed out, you can often find where birds your targeting might be by finding the bird hunters, and so there's a lot of bird watcher. I'm sorry following the bird watchers, and there's a lot of bird watchers in our community, so.
Speaker 2: Just share the love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they got a seated the conservation yep, habitat work, all that stuff, fifteen hundred dollars going their way. Well done, randalled. Thanks again to Athletic Brewing for the moneyball question and matching our five hundred dollars donation. Join us next time for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.