Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star Infrasco.
Speaker 2: And now your host, Kyle Yeomans. Today is Thursday, March twentieth, and today we are officially one month away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. This is the Draft Show presented by Miller Lte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. It is Miller Tome and the Tennessee Titans are on the clock. We are officially mock drafting today. We've got Zach Wilchuck, Brian brod Us, Tommy Yarish, Nick Harris, and Kyle Yeomans. This is our one month out mock, one of my favorite exercises we do every single year because it's going to change, it's not going to be the same, but it is a good idea. One out after the combine. After a lot of these pro days, have now come to a conclusion where we stand in terms of the NFL Draft. Brian and We've got a lot of picks to be made.
Speaker 3: Here, got a lot of picks be made, and man, I'll tell you what I'm excited about I'm excited about the team. I'm excited to die and get to pick for the Titans. They start to sing.
Speaker 2: Off, so Brian's gonna have the first pick. We're going to go in a rotation here. It'll be Brian, Nick, Zach, Tommy, then me, and then we'll start back over at brian randomized list. That's how it ends up. And just so you know, we're gonna pick the twelfth overall pick for the Cowboys in the second segment. We'll take a break before then, and Nick Harris has that pick this year, but we're going to talk a little bit more about it. Get our opinions on it too. No pressure, Yeah, no pressure, you gotta get it done. Pressure without wasting any more time. Let's go ahead and get things started. The Tennessee Titans on the clock. Brian brought us has the Titans. What do you thinking at number one? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think in the tight the Titans invested in their offensive line with a couple of the free agents signings and stuff that they made with Dan Moore and Kevin Zeidler, so can't go that route. I think they're going to try and help their offense that way. But they need a quarterback. I'm taking cam Ward quarterback from the University of Miami first overall.
Speaker 2: Now, why Ward over some of those other possibilities.
Speaker 3: I just I think Ward when you look at his ability to play the the his when you everywhere he's been, whether it's Washington State, where it's Miami, play of the team that he's been on has been elevated. You know, we've we've kind of you could you could just go through it. Every place that he's been. He's a winner. This kid throws the ball well, he's got mobility. Uh, he's when you watch him the way he sees things down the field, he just naturally does things in a way where you're just like, wow, I could see where this this guy can why people follow him. Just watch the cow game where they get behind in that football game and he never gives up and he just keeps playing and playing. And there's a lot of times where blocking and stuff breaks down for him. And his ability to move, scramble by time, keep his eyes down the field and make throws.
Speaker 2: This guy's a hell of a football player.
Speaker 3: So he deserves to be the first player taken in the first quarterback off the board.
Speaker 2: And cam Ward off the board. Quarterback goes number one overall. We move on to Nick Harris, who has the Browns picking number two.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I was sifting through my closet this morning and I felt like this was accurate, appropriate, appropriate. Yes, yeah, no, not at all. However, if I'm the Cleveland Browns and I'm looking at this draft, I am seeing an opportunity to take a quarterback. Absolutely, but I'm also understanding that I have a lot of money tied into a quarterback on this roster already. I am okay with tanking another year, go get me the best player in the draft. I'll go get Arch Manning in twenty twenty six follow a day, So I'm taking travishoh ow.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you're conceding and taking the best player exactly.
Speaker 4: That's a win win if you ask me. Because let's say you do take a quarterback. Let's say cam Ward is on the board for the Browns. You take that quarterback, you're gonna have him competing with a Kenny Pickett and a Deshaun Watson when Deshaun Watson gets back healthy. But you're also not going to be able to maximize his rookie contract because you have so much money tied into Deshaun Watson with a talent like cam Ward, I mean you would want to do that. Next year's quarterback class is shaping up to be just fine. I'm okay with waiting another year. I think my scouting department's done a good enough job to understand that there's going to be a quarterback available for us in the top ten next year. Go get me Travis Hunter, the best play in the draft.
Speaker 2: All right. So now we've got cam Woard Travis Hunter, two big names right off the jump, and of course he's going to play both ways for you in Cleveland.
Speaker 4: Right there is Yeah, might might even have him doing some place kicking too, may as well?
Speaker 2: Right, why not right place kicking?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 2: Well? Why not? Travis Hunters off the board of two. Zach Wilchuck adds the Giants at three.
Speaker 5: Well, the Giants here would be really really happy with that, because now they can take Shador Sanders, Travis Hunter's teammate, the quarterback out of Colorado. I think they'd love to get their hands on Sanders. I do think quarterbacks are gonna.
Speaker 2: Go one two.
Speaker 5: I think Cleveland will still end up taking one, but I like what you're doing there, because I agree. I think if you project ahead, next year's class better than this year's class. But your door, Sanders is built to play in New York City. This guy is prime time, much like his dad was. I do see anticipation in the way he plays, always able to keep his eyes downfield. He's mobile, He's got the ability to extend plays, the decision making. He's a guy that really doesn't turn the football over a ton. So are there certain warts in his game? One hundred percent?
Speaker 2: Are there?
Speaker 5: Question Mark Seves never played for anybody but his dad. Yeah, absolutely, But I see the talent there. And I think for the Giants, who are a very quarterback desperate right now, we'll see what happens in free agency if they had that guy Rodgers who's hanging around. But I think should or Sanders home run pick for them here.
Speaker 3: I'm interested to see what they think about Jackson Dart the Giants.
Speaker 5: Well, and there was a report today the Jets, Yeah, might be considering him at seven. So maybe maybe Jackson Dart's a guy that goes as the second quarterback off the board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you look at the quarterback conversation right now, that's really what it has become. It's not just cam Ward number one, and should hear number two anymore? If anything that was flip flopped at some point early in the draft process, not the case anymore. Now you've got more of a jumbled board. Brian, do you think it would line up still where chadur is the second one off the board? That's the question.
Speaker 3: I think everybody looks at these quarterbacks so differently, and and you know, depending on when you buy into Sanders. And I don't think Zach's wrong here. I just think there's I think there's people in the scouting community that are that are you know, the media scouts are now starting to catch up on Jackson Dart, and I wonder if there's teams that have already got Jackson Dart over Sanders at this point. Not anything character or anything problems wrong with Sanders. I just think that maybe that Dart might be a little bit better fit for some folk.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Ward Hunter, Sanders, Tommy, you're on the clock with the Patriots at four.
Speaker 6: Man, if I'm Elliott Wolf, I'm doing backflips down the entire facility right now, just because this has worked out so well for you, new England's invested a lot in their defense and free agency so far. Milton Williams is a big signing for them. They went and got Harold Lander the third two. So we're going to continue to bolster this defense, and we're taking Abdul Carter from Penn State the edge rusher. He's he's the second best player on my board, and you know, you've got a They've got a rookie quarterback in Drake May who showed some promise last year, so you've got that a little bit of that window there. They've improved on the defensive side of the ball, and you're getting, in my opinion, the best pass rusher in this class. Just an absolute freak of an athlete who is unstoppable down the stretch for Penn State. Even through an injury, he wasn't at one hundred percent and he was still unstoppable. He uh, you know, the comparisons out there with Michael Parsons. I don't know how much you want to believe that, but he looks the part and he's going to be really good at it for a long time in this league. And I think that if New England is there for him, they're going to be really happy with that pick.
Speaker 3: You have to feel you have to make sure you're comfortable with the foot. Yeah, it's going to be a thing in and you know that's like the precursor to the stress fracture. This is something that is something he's going to have to deal with in the future.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know the stress fracture shows the actual line in the break and stuff. Does he have some symptoms where maybe this is something that's going to happen in the future. I love what Tommy said about the player. I think he's absolutely right. But you have to feel medically comfortable with this kid going forward.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, if we see a slip from that dual carter in this first round, it'll be because of the foot. That's exactly why there are some character question mark, but is more of a concern exactly. I think if if you're going to see slides and one or two picks, I wouldn't consider a slide. Him going at four would not be a slide because of the talent that's at the top of his draft. But if you see him down in the lower parts of the top ten, maybe outside of the top ten, that's when you've got to start thinking to yourself. What is the medical Were you going to say something?
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, poort to him. Man, if they go get up Dual Carter, then Miami needs to go get a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll get somebody else. Yeah, all right, Jacksonville's on the clock at number five. This is a team that needs a little bit of everything, but they need defensive line help. And they just had a new GM, new head coach, the GM James Gladstone, the youngest GM and ever. I mean, what is thirty four years old? Comes the Rams coach about to set that. You got to dominate on the interior of the defensive line. And I think the best player at this point in the draft that you could tab for this Jacksonville bunch is Mason Graham, interior defensive lineman from Michigan. He's a mauler, somebody that's going to come in and immediately turn around the interior of your defensive line. He's going to be a steady force to help you win the line of scrimmage. Again, Jacksonville has not done that in quite some time. They need somebody on the interior to help out some of those edge rushers they've drafted over the last couple of drafts. Get somebody on the inside that can help you fix that. I know that you might want to go offensive line because Trevor Lawrence had some struggles last year and the protection up front. But we talked about it on this show too many times. All these upper echelon offensive linemen concerned me a little bit because of either medical red flags or position fit. Mason Graham doesn't concern me at all. He's going to be a dog in this league and Jacksonville's going to take him at number five and revamp that defensive front overall. Zach keeps looking at me like I'm like staring into his eyes watching the film behind you too. Okay, perfect, perfect, No, I think you nailed the pick. I think this is a lock.
Speaker 5: Like if Mason Graham's there at five, I think Jacksonville is one hundred percent taking him. I don't think that's a secret that they have an affinity for Mason Graham and they want to take a defensive tackle.
Speaker 2: Okay, So going on to six, this is where things can start to get interesting. Brian brought us on the clock with the Las Vegas Raiders. Of course we could talk about maybe gent here you can talk about a wide receiver for the first time here. Where are you going at number six?
Speaker 3: Channeling my inner Al Davis here, And I'm telling you guys, pick, I'm going to pick the best player on the board.
Speaker 2: And I think this kid is amazing.
Speaker 6: Davis. That was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I interviewed with him for five hours.
Speaker 6: Is amazed.
Speaker 2: Taking Matthew gold and he ran a great fully. I'll tell you what, this Golden kid is amazing.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to pick.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, don't forget the kid bonds from Texas.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you I might take two from Virginia Tech Fly Raiders.
Speaker 3: Got a handful of needs here, and uh, you know this secondary, this secondary was not very good last year and it was a big, big, big problem. And they really do only have one solid wide receiver here, and so that's a glaring need. But as I said, I'm channeling my inn Al Davis here. He's going to take a running back here. He's going to take Ashton genty from a boise here. He's going to pass on the secondary help and he's going to pass on the receiving help. But man, you know when you're sitting about in the later rounds here and maybe the second round we'll see Vegas probably take a one of those, either receiver or defensive back. I just can't pass genty up for them right now. So he is this selection for me.
Speaker 2: Now, I like that as the pick because now we have that conversation as this is realistic. This is very much so a scenario that could happen in late April where genty is off the board and you don't even have that conversation. Zach, you made the noise there. You said, no, is that a pin throw for Dallas if he goes even that high or is it not even close enough to where that should be a conversation.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: I mean I'd love gent to get twelve to twelve, and I do think the Cowboys would take him if he were there at twelve.
Speaker 2: I mean to me, I mean, we've talked about it.
Speaker 5: Clean player, you just want to make sure you're kind of navigating minefields here a little bit with some players that he got question marks, you might like him, but Genty to me is he's going to be a hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is Dallas shouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 3: You know, there was a time when when we were all starting when this when when we were when Kyle would go, we're one hundred days until the NFL Draft, and we were always picking Genty at twelve. Yeah, you know you're now everybody's again catching up here. Genty is one of the top three players on this board right now. You just had a couple of quarterbacks go, you had a defensive tackle go. That's I think is one of the best in the best in college football. This makes a lot of sense, I get for you know, don't beat Dallas is not surprised to me. This is not a pin throw. You should have known there's a possible you're about to if you're interested in Genty, you were about to walk a minefield to get there. And that's where I think that Dallas they have to be ready on the board that he's not going to be there.
Speaker 2: And and much like.
Speaker 3: They have in the past, they've been able to pivot before you know, they've lost to Ryan Chase, heer pivoted to Zach Martin.
Speaker 2: Have to be ready to do that in this draft. Yeah, I think you're right. I mean it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 5: Genti going too the Raiders here and Pete Carroll comes from Seattle where they would ran the football a ton and they seemed with your buddy John Schneider, they take running backs every year.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that as the selection. And I think the quote there was if you're going to take action genty, you're gonna have to walk a minefield to get there. That is the quote of the day from Brian broad Us. All right, on to pick number seven. The Jets are on the clock, Nick Harris, you've got it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. If I'm the Jets here, I'm looking at two options here. And this is probably the discussion that I would have in my war room is we don't have a right tackle. Desperately need one to protect whatever quarterback that's going to be, whether it be justin fields or whatever else they decide to do. But we could also use a game changing tight end. So you look at Tyler Warren out of Penn State and you see his ability to change a game. But I like the offensive playmakers they have think think that they can make it, work it, tight end, make it and maybe get a guy later on. I'm going to draft armand Membu at seven here with the Jets. I'm going to take my right tackle. Feel comfortable with it, so I don't have to worry about that later in the draft out of it and worry.
Speaker 2: About jury later. Why him out of all the tackles that you could possibly take well?
Speaker 4: First off, the fit at right tackle is obviously what plays most since it's where he plays. I think he's the best tackle in this class, best pure tackle in this class. The more I watch him, the more I fall in love with this guy. Now I think he's probably more of a twelve to fifteen type talent. But if I'm the Jets, I'm completely okay with taking him at seven and living with it.
Speaker 2: And now, is there realistic expectation from the NFL in this sense that he could go this high? Is there that?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Across the boarder, I think this is a guy. If you're talking about gent and the media scal catching up, this is a catch up guy.
Speaker 3: J Simmons has the knee injury. Yeah, that's a question right there, Campbell. Everybody's talking about short arms, Zach Hates' stance and he's not wrong about that.
Speaker 5: A Hemorry Jones gonna maybe that's an LSU think another Shivery Jones the same thing.
Speaker 2: Banks. Do you want to play him at Do you want to play them at?
Speaker 6: Guard?
Speaker 2: Do you want to playhim at tackle?
Speaker 6: Member?
Speaker 2: He nick's right, He's a right tackle. And you know it's funny.
Speaker 3: I was talking with Mickey Spagnola yesterday about him, like, how about your Missouri gags?
Speaker 2: I wish he was just a little meaner. I wish he was a little meaner.
Speaker 3: Yep, I said, kind of mean like you were to me Mickey, A lot like that. So yeah, but no, this guy's a hell of a player, hell of an athlete. I mean, you watch him play his pass block and stuff is impressive.
Speaker 2: How he's able to move. That's a that's a great pick. And he's twenty years old. Yeah, that's a great pick. Is he the best pass blocker in the draft? I think?
Speaker 3: You know me, I have my love for Simmons, Sure, I have my love for Simmons, but he is not far.
Speaker 2: The doesn't take far to call that role. He's right in that mix.
Speaker 6: Okay, So there you.
Speaker 2: Go, So off the board right now, Cam Word, Travis Hunter, Shadur Sanders, Abdul Carter, Mason Graham, Ashing genty and then Membu out of Missouri is the final selection. Pick seven for the Jets. On the clock. Carolina Panthers Timmy No wait, sorry, Sach. All right, So Carolina needs edge.
Speaker 5: Obviously, losing Bryan Burns that hurt them quite a bit. They could use some defensive tackle help as well, safety corner. The secondary's a need for him. But I've heard some whispers they are big fans of Mikel Williams the edge out of Georgia, which would not make me upset to see him go off.
Speaker 2: The board here. I think you doing this on purpose. No, I'm not.
Speaker 5: I think that legitimately he's in play here for Carolina.
Speaker 4: Didn't want me to take him on twelve of them.
Speaker 5: Yep, no doubt I was. I was blocking you there, Nick. You know, Mikel Williams is a good player the long arms. I mean, he's a freak athlete, really good against the run. He's not a guy that gets caught out of position a lot. I think the question mark would be like, as I was watching him, it would be Jalen Walker, his teammate, that would just flash. So I think there's upside when it comes to the pass rush there. But there's no question that he is one of the better ready made run defenders in this draft. And if they can tap into any potential when it comes to the size and the speed. He's got a good bull rush, he's got a swim move. He could showcase his some speed off the line. It's just inconsistent, but she gotta love the way he can set the edge in the run game six five two sixty five.
Speaker 2: I think team's really gonna cove at the size that he plays with. Okay, so and with the talent level and the ceiling. We had that conversation on Tuesday, the ceiling conversation with Mikel Williams. There's some ceiling there? Is he available there at eight for the Panthers? Yes? Is this the ceiling of where he could land? Is there any chance he goes any higher than what this is? Or is this maybe where it feels right for Mikel? I think this is where it's right. I don't see him going higher than eighty. Danew Chairmia had him going to twenty nine. Oh mock track.
Speaker 5: So, and the reason I'm pulling the trigger here is when we got our teams, I tried to do my due diligence. Yeah, ask around, and that was a name that Carolina is eyeing.
Speaker 2: Good to know?
Speaker 4: Why why not?
Speaker 2: Jalen Walker Carolina.
Speaker 5: I think it's the size thing there, and I think I don't know how they view Walker if he is an off ball linebacker.
Speaker 2: I think they want a defensive end.
Speaker 4: And you were if you were Carolina.
Speaker 5: If I were Carolina, I'd go Jaylen Walker, I take I take Mike Green. I would to take my Green. If you're looking for a pass us edge, you take Mike Green there.
Speaker 2: And remember we're trying to be accurate here. Yeah, that's kind of why we're going this selection. I appreciate the inside work there.
Speaker 4: We're going like what we would do. All right, we're at pick nin I know what we're doing now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, what do you want with the Saints here? Yeah, Tommy, what's job?
Speaker 6: So if I'm the Saints, I'm looking at you know this, this this roster, Derek Carr coming back at quarterback, and you know, you'll see what you get there. I don't think there's many quarterbacks. I'm not as high on Dart as I think some people are starting to come around to be. So I'm looking at offensive weapons for this Saints team, and I think they're going to have a toss up here between tedor Row, McMillan and Tyler Warren. I'm gonna go Tyler Warren here for New Orleans. I think that you look at what he can do kind of as a Swiss Army knife, and they're very familiar with those kinds of play. Think of Taysom Hill, who's already on the roster, but he's getting up there in AH So this guy can be their next Taysom Hill, not as stockey, but a guy who can kind of fill multiple roles for you on offense. You can look at this guy as a wide receiver and a tight end all in one. He's not going to be the inline blocker that Taysom Hill or Jawan Johnson are on that roster, but he's going to be a guy who can get downfield for you and do a lot with the ball in his hands. And I think that's the type of playmaker that New Orleans needs. So Tyler Warren tight end Penn State.
Speaker 2: That's interesting because you look at what Warren is compared to Brock Bowers, right and what he was last year, and now you're having Warren go ahead of where Bowers fell in the first round to Las Vegas a year ago. But the impact was there. You saw it from Bowers. He saw what he could do in year number one as a rookie and was an incredible difference maker for the Raiders last year. Can Bowers be that in that offense with the Saints. It's yet to be seen, but it is something to keep an eye of an eye on moving forward. Kind of a little curve ball pick there, I do. Why do you like Tyler?
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm just a big fan of Tyler Warren general. I mean, as you mentioned the Swiss army knife, but it looks different than what brock Bauer's played with, very different styles. Rock Bowers is very elusive. He's got the speed, he looks like a wide receiver and a tight end body. Tyler Warren is the guy that's just gonna run downhill and run through your face like he doesn't have the elusiveness, kind of clunky. I've comped him to Gronk a little bit after the catch, but the production it's there, and I love the catch radius. I think he's just an all around hell of a football player. And to me, again, when you're trying to look at guys that I don't think are going to bust in this class, I think Tyler Warren's going to be a productive NFL player.
Speaker 2: I agree, good call, good call. All right, Chicago's on the board at number ten. This is a team that gave up the most amount of sacks in the NFL last year, and they're looking across the board and they're seeing a couple of great players offensive linemen still on the board after only one is gone and that was armand Mimbu at seven to the Jets. They're gonna take the number one offensive tackle or offensive linemen on their board because they can play tackle, they can play guard, and that's not a question question that the Bears really care about. They're going to take the best player across. They're taking Kelvin Banks out of Texas. They're going to take him. The top rated offensive linemen on their board at the time, and Banks is going to be with the Chicago Bears wearing a different shade of orange and a little bit of Navy mixed in between now this year, trying to protect Caleb Williams. All Right, we're getting close to the pick for the Dallas Cowboys. On the other side of the break, we'll pick number eleven with Brian on the clock and the forty nine ers who could they steal from the Cowboys. And then Nick Harris is on the clock with the Cowboys at twelve, and then we'll give our insight on what we would do in this scenario, run down the picks. In a moment, I'll actually tweet it out as well more of the Draft Show, one Month Out Mock right after this.
Speaker 7: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge.
Speaker 2: Smoothie King has.
Speaker 7: The fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothies available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothiekid.
Speaker 9: All Right. Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw a hell Mary go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure. At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see check.
Speaker 9: Them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you.
Speaker 2: Hoo hoo.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: As they snapped the press, guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll look throw a first Doyle.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust.
Speaker 2: With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands.
Speaker 10: Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, I sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 7: Pres Scot's gonna run this and show run it up the middle ay scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot Com Cowboys Fans.
Speaker 11: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot com Draft show.
Speaker 2: The Dallas Cowboys Girls Flag Football League is here with nearly one hundred participating high schools. The Cowboys are thrilled to provide opportunities for athletes to develop their talent and foster the growth of girls flag football in the state of Texas. Fine teams, view schedules and learn more at Dallascowboys dot com slash girls Flag. All Right, we're rolling on in our one month out mock. We've got Zach Walchuk. Bryan brought us Tommy Yarsh, Nick Harris with Chris Beam running all the film in the back of Kyle Yeomans. Glad you're with us. Let's run down the pick. So far one through ten are finished. Cam Ward was first off the board to the Titans. Browns took Travis Hunter, Giants selected Shooter Sanders. Patriots selected Abdul Carter out of Penn State. Jaggs took Mason Graham out of Michigan. Raiders took Ashton Gent out of Boise State. Arman Minbou the offensive tackle from Missouri, goes to the Jets at seven. Mikel Williams edg rusher from Georgia off the board to the Panthers at eight, Tyler Warren tight end from Penn State off the board to the Saints at nine, and then rounding out the top ten, the Bears took Kelvin Banks, junior offensive lineman from Texas. Brian is on the clock San Francisco at pick number eleven, and then we get to the Cowboys at twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this is a pretty easy one for me because I'm thinking about what Robert Sala does with his UH, with his coverage, and you know, he likes to play with his front seven and create.
Speaker 2: Pressures that way.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: He plays a bass cover four, which is playing quarters. He doesn't want to give up big plays. He wants to be able to handle the run as well. This is very very easy for me because I think that Jadday Baron from Texas fits perfectly for what he's trying to do. You got to play with discipline. You could for you could you cover well on the outside if you have to play some manned stuff, some pressure stuff you could play in the zone. You can also you tackle very well on the edge. The San Francisco forty nine ers take cornerback Johday Baron from from the Texas longhorner.
Speaker 2: So is this a pin throw at this point for Dallas Tommy.
Speaker 6: I think I think somewhat yes, depending on where they feel like they need to go with twelve. If they feel like they need a wide receiver, I don't think so, just because McMillan's a little bit. But if they feel like they need that corner help more than they need that wide receiver help, than yes, I think this is definitely a pent throw. John A. Barron just so complete as a defensive back. He can play anywhere in the secondary. I feel like he played some nickel earlier in his college days, played really well there. They moved him out to the outside and it felt like he got better and so you can slide him back. He has the size of slide back. It's safety. I feel like he could play back there too, just incredible ball skills, great footwork, super sound anywhere and coverage, and he's got a knack for knocking the ball away or picking the ball off. This is a really, really, really good player.
Speaker 5: I agree with everything he said in his breakdown. I think it's a penthrow for us. I don't think it's a pen throw for the Cowboys. I don't think he's in play at twelve. I think they want the size. It is kind of the vibe. I've gotten a.
Speaker 2: Corner, okay. And if that's the case, then that's not John A. Barren, No, it would be Will Johnson. I think Will Johnson would be the one that they would consider in the first round. Well, it's just fair. Yeah, that's totally fair. And I think Johnson might be in play there more than we're talking about, but we've brought that up the last couple of shows. Now, I don't know if it's a pin throw because of the guys that are still there. I mean we're looking on the board at the moment, Tetoro at McMahon, you're far from being wiped out right now. This is kind of a great centaround.
Speaker 10: Nick.
Speaker 2: Do the right thing now, Will right thing there? Got Will Campbell. On the board, you've got James Pierce, Mike Green, Will Johnson, Luther Burden your pick of the wide receiver class. Basically across the board, you've got Josh Simmons still there. I mean it is. It is all on the table for the Cowboys, and they've they're going to come out with a great pick at twelve here. And remember we're not doing trades. There is a trade thought process here. Would you think about trading down if there are this many names here?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I'm looking at Seattle at eighteen, seeing that they have two second round picks and two third round picks, and there's an opportunity there. Now Seattle gives you a call. You got to entertain that that second round pick that they have would almost be a perfect matchup on the on the points chart. So that would that would I want to stack top one hundred picks? H I want to stack top fifty picks even if I could so, I would certainly entertain phone calls before the spirit of the conversation, Kyrien Lacy, No, I'm joking, We're gonna go Tylo mcmill No, no, no. It was just a just the funniest possible scenario Ted Roal McMillan here at twelve, it just makes sense. I mean, these guys they need an outside receiver. I want to implore people who are looking into the draft and not overthink this guy, and I'm trying not to do the same. I I was just telling Brian as we were walking in here. I watched Matthew Golden again last night and I was like, man, this is gonna be a tough decision to make between one or the other. But if you're looking at it for this team and understanding Ted Roald McMillan's size, his ability, his red zone ability, his scoring ability, how he could open up a guy like Ceedee Lamb, it makes a lot of sense. Now, what are the concerns with Tedroll McMillan that have had people overthinking things? The speed is maybe not the best of some of these guys. He ran a four five plus and his pro day earlier this week. But look, there's guys like Mike Evans, There's guys like Drake London out in the league that are performing at that type of size who weren't blazers in the combine or draft process. I think this guy's talented enough. I think his route tree has developed enough. One concern that I do want to throw out. And again there's some of the Stilling and Brian's were walking in that I forgot until I went back to my notes from during the season. He's had the same quarterback since he was a freshman in high school, so I wonder how much there will be a transition period for Tedro McMillan. You know, we've talked about, you know, Shador Sanders having the same head coach since he was you know born. What about having the same quarterback as a receiver. You know, how is that gonna be a little bit different for him at the next level. But I still think this guy's gonna be a bona fide player. There's there's concerns with every draft prospect, but I think this is the perfect guy for the Dallas Cowboys at twelve.
Speaker 2: Now, would you do anything different? I personally wouldn't do anything different. I would take McMillan there. I still think he's the best wide receiver in the class. You have the pick of the wide receiever class. No, he had gone outside of Travis Hunter. So I'm taking Teed McMillan here, and I'm pairing him with Cdee Lamb. I think that's a great combo. Gives you the physicality, gives you some size that you don't have in your wide receiver room, and I'm running with it. Would any of you guys do anything different here in this scenario with the board that's available to you.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: The three names that I would discuss would be McMillan, who I've got is the fourth best player on my board, Mike Green, who's the sixth best player on my boarder than Jalen Walker, who I've got is the eighth best player on my board. But you're still going with but Tet's the highest graded and it fills a need. I think he's a great compliment to Ceedee Lamb. I think there's a lot of overthinking when it comes to this. I think he's clearly the best wide receiver in this class for me. I mean he's a certified bad ball catcher. I mean he played with his buddy, I guess, But I mean the quarterback play could be a radic at times. And I mean you look at the four five three, which is what Mike Evans ran. I've comped teed McMillan to Mike Evans because he's a play a player that you see play faster on tape. He's a long strider, he gets open down the field, he makes plays after the catch. He excels on inbreaking routes over the middle. And it's not even fifty to fifty balls, it's seventy thirty eighty twenty. You throw it up to Ted McMillan.
Speaker 2: That's his great job at hand, fighting down the field with DBS to gain positioning. I love him.
Speaker 5: And again, when you need a hit on this pick, I think you're hitting on Ted rowat McMillan at twelve.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to come down for Dallas for in this scenario that mcmillanon, Golden, and Will Johnson. If that's the case, I think those are the three players they're going to have to decide between. And McMillan makes a lot of sense. So would you go with McMillan there, I personally would myself. I'm just saying they're probably gonna look at it as McMillan, Golden and Johnson. It might be McMillan, Johnson, Golden. But if they're going to consider a defensive player at this point, I think it's gonna be Will Johnson good to know.
Speaker 6: What do you think, Tommy, Yeah, I think it's hard to pick a side from McMillan. You just look at what he's going to be able to do for you as as a big body, downfield threat. He's going to be instantly the tallest wide receiver on the Cowboys roster by a full two inch is when he when he gets drafted. So Dallas has been looking for that for that downfield guy they compare with Seed Lamb. It allows him to focus more on the slot where he's played a lot of snaps and he's been at his best. You got your big outside guy for Dak Prescott, and you know, he's a guy where you can throw the ball in a lot of different places and because of his big catch radius, he can come down with it. He's a freak of an athlete. You know. Speed is not as big of a concern to me as as it is for some others. I think this guy is going to have a long, successful career, and if it's with Dallas, it'll be it'll be another good one at the wide receivers.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, though, We're all in consensus here, which means this will never happen. Yeah, it's just not gonna happen. Sorry, everybody, Could we do something? Could we adjust something real quick? Sure, you're saying, if McMillan's off the board, take take me, take his trade, take the Seattle trade. Okay, and you're going down to eight carry this, carry this scene to eighteen. I know we said we weren't going to do any trades. We'll just play it. Couldn't you guys play it out if we made this trade? What was the what was the return there? Nick, don't worry about the trade, just worry about going to eighteen. Okay, we'll just see who's there, Yeah, theoretically there, Yeah, see who Just see who's there? Okay, all right, So Zach's on the clock with the Dolphins at thirteen, Well.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, it would be Seattle's on the clocket with twelve twelve at twelve, pick for Seattle.
Speaker 2: Who's got Seattle? Zach doesn't? Actually, Oh okay, you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying. Can you want to play it now? Where where Seattle takes? Whoever?
Speaker 3: Take Seattle and now go to eighteen. We all know that we would take McMillan. Sure, just take it down to eighteen and see who's there. Would they take McMillan there? Would they be coming?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm about I'm talking about Dallas, Dallas. We know as a group. If it's twelve Sattle, I'm saying, Seattle, did they come up to get mcmillians a guy there, picket just pick it? I know they signed Cooper cup like, they just take yeah Millan. Yeah, they could absolutely take McMillan, that's fine. Yeah, they lost DK metcalf, that would be a good They need a big bodied receiver next to Jays and I don't think that would be the pick there, but just for for one relations what do you that's fine?
Speaker 5: Would be let me see now, because they were picking in the twenties, so I've got to read just.
Speaker 2: At eighteen eighteen.
Speaker 4: Almost ever at eighteen I've seen as having them getting Tyler Booker.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they need an offensive lineman while there they I mean, and Connor Williams are tired on him. I think Tyler Booker would actually make a lot of sense for them there. Or I think Gray's Abel could be a sneaky pick out in North Dakota State. Yeah, if they want to kick Campbell into guard or they could even I mean, they could use some help.
Speaker 2: You're picking now at twelve, Yeah for Seattle. Yeah, I'll go. I'll go. Tyler Booker here for them. Okay, So Tyler Piper's off the Boarder Booker is gone.
Speaker 5: McMillan still there at the guard from Alabama, right, correct, Right, And so Zach, you're back on the clock defense at thirteen. Okay, So with Miami, Miami does weird stuff. And again I was asking around about what they're interested in defensive back. I think Tyler Booker would also be in the conversation here. Will Campbell's saw on the board might be interesting for them, but they covet speed. I think Will Johnson's in play. But I'm going to give them a safety shake up this mock a little bit. Nick emm and Wori safety out of North Carolina goes to the Miami doll here at thirteen. I do think they like him. He might be their top safety on the board ran a four to three eight. They love speed, you know, it might be Daniel Kovitz there and hey, he's got the size everything you want. I mean, the fluidity's there, the change of direction. He's an interchangeable safety as a team captain. I just want more violence when he strikes, in a willingness to mix it up like that size. I've seen some people say, oh he could even can like freelance like Jayron Kurst did at linebacker. I don't see that play style from him. I don't see a guy that wants to come downhill and absolutely smack you. But as a safety, the athleticism, the traits, they're all there and they need.
Speaker 2: Help in the secondary ALKI stars.
Speaker 5: I think they like em and Warriy more than Starks, and personally I don't have either as my best safety. I think I would go mccooba or Xavier watts oeat of both players.
Speaker 2: Okay, so aim and Worry is off the board. We're going to Tommy with the Colts of fourteen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, when you when you look at the Colts, this is a team that is pretty set at wide receiver. So I feel like that takes McMillan out of the equation. And they picked light to Lato with their first round pick. Last year. He kind of had an up and down year for them, but overall pretty productive. I think they continue to bolster this pass rush. I'm going to go with Jalen Walker, the linebacker from Georgia. Linebacker, edge receivers. You let them figure it out. I think that I think that this is just an overall good defensive player who has a knack for getting after the quarterback. And I don't know what he as much how he can drop back into coverage and help you as much back there as he does rushing the passer, but certainly a really fun piece to add to your defense. And I think that he fits in well with what Indianapolis is looking to do.
Speaker 2: And I think Atlanta behind them would take an edge rusher too, yep, And so that would be a spot where they would look up ahead and say, man, we were hoping Walker would fall. And so now Atlanta is having a scramble at fifteen, I've got them on the clock. I'm going to go with Mike Green edge rusher out of Marshall there. I think he's going to fit that mold. They need speed on that defense. They've got some speed on offense. They've got the wide receivers in the running back and take in the quarterback, taking care of at least what they think moving forward. So no need to really stretch it on the offensive side. What they need is team speed and Green gives you that with some length off the edge. I thought about maybe going with.
Speaker 4: A guy.
Speaker 2: Like a Shemar Stewart there or somebody off the edge, but it's just not the same as what Mike Green can bring you from a speed standpoint. I think the Falcons take him at fifteen out of Marshall. That's where I would go. I favor pick of the drafts over No. You love my Green fifty with you man Hey, great value. It does, great value and the production speaks for itself. Sunbelt Conference record twenty two and a half tackles for loss registered to TfL in twelve to thirteen games. I get it. It's at Marshall. But the skill set this guy has the first step quickness. He's going to be a stud.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Brian? At sixteen with the Arizona Cardinals on the clock, Arizona Cardinals are they're hunting?
Speaker 3: I think defensive line help here. I mean they've signed Josh Sweat and then they resigned Baron Browning as well. They could they need to improve the interior of their defensive linemen. Their defensive tackles were just not very good. And you know what, they've added Dalvin Tomlinson as well in free agency. I just think that's kind of a piece that you know, we'll see how that really really plays out. But they're they're they're in the they're in the mode right now where I think that Kenneth Grant or Walter Nolan probably makes some sense for them right now. I'm going to give them Kenneth Grant here. I'm gonna give the Cardinals the Michigan defensive tackle, the big nose, the one technique, uh, the the Michigan defensive tackle one technique. Kenneth Grant is who I'm going to give.
Speaker 2: Them second interior defensive lineman off the board, second one out of Michigan as well. After we saw Mason Graham go to the Jags at five, moving along, and I mean, we're looking at this side scenario here, see Will Campbell and Ted McMillan are still see that's I wanted to see if that was really going to be the case far down. I mean, if you want to, could probably keep going and see this, but you know, you can make the pick there at eighteen if you want. And seven seventeen is still Nick on the board here with seventeen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're looking at in between twelve and seventeen, the only team that you would be worried about taking a receiver would be the Cardinals. Now, they took a first round receiver last year, so you know you have you factor that in as well. And I agree with Brian. I also had them taking Kenneth Grant and and my mock last week. So the Bengals are certainly not taking a receiver.
Speaker 2: They need some So you don't think they're gonna go receiver here. Yeah, It's it's possible.
Speaker 4: And it's it's crazy that Will Campbell has slid this far. We would be talking about okay, is there a gas mask video out there?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: There's a couple of different scenarios here for the Bengals. If they end up trading Trey Hendrickson, then they need to go get an edge to replace him. But if they don't, I like them to get some secondary help. And in this case, I would have them taking Will Johnson out of Michigan.
Speaker 2: So back to back Michigan Wolverines off the board. This would be a dream scenario, right, you get what's their offensive line situation.
Speaker 4: It's it's they took Amarius Mems in the first round last year out at right tackle. There was definitely some learning learning curve with him because he only had nine starts going into his his career. Orlando Brown at left tackle, he's played up and down. Ted Carson center's played up and down. They certainly could go get a Will Campbell, but with how much money that they have invested on their offense, they got to go get young guys on defense because they'll never be able to sign anybody on defense for the rest of time.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean I gotta go there.
Speaker 3: I just know the Brown family likes Ohio State players because their their father, their father, the patriarch. You know Paul Brown Simmons here, Yeah, he was, he coached Ohio State. I mean, he goes all the way back and they tend to draft Ohio State players and I wonder if they would consider Simmons with the offensive line situation. But it's funny they take a Michigan guy with Will Johnson. But it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Well, they had the worst guard play in the NFL last year, so I mean.
Speaker 5: Maybe Donald jack Donovan Jackson, maybe they could look at him up.
Speaker 3: Maybe that might be a little rich considering, but they tended to drift towards Ohio State players. That family does because of the father's background in Ohio State.
Speaker 2: So it's just something and be an Ohio team. You know, sometimes they look at that as well.
Speaker 3: But they'd like LSU players though, too. Campbell, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's true. Yeah, the fact that he's still on the board, like Nick said, fact that Teed McMillan's still on the board. This is the type of skid that if Dallas doesn't take him at twelve, we could see him on and that's why he ends up in some of these mocks like Daniel Jeremiah and Dane Brugler and seeing them kind of a little bit further down. But Zach, you're on the clock. The Seahawks slash Cowboys pick at eighteen. I mean, when we trade down like this, I think we're going right back to tet right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, this would be technic billing again, Yeah, one hundred percent, it would be techniccmillan.
Speaker 6: For me.
Speaker 5: The value is unbelievable and you've picked up an extra second round pick, so really good about it. Yeah, I mean, this would be this would be on anything that we could ever imagine night one of the draft.
Speaker 2: We are this is bigger than Cooper bebe. This is like hell yeah, pants are flying off, pizza party for everybody. We're cracking Miller lights.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. If it sounds good, let's do it. If Dallas were a parachute to eighteen, I think a team would trade up ahead of eighteen to.
Speaker 5: Go try and get again Ted. Yeah, and that's the fear. That's that's why I personally wouldn't move out at twelve. I'm staying there and I love it. Ted McMillan, fourth best player. You're getting him at twelve. For me, I can't move on that.
Speaker 4: And for the spirit of the draft, Seattle, you'd be taking Booker.
Speaker 2: Here, Yeah, yeah, I just went Booker for him. Yeah yeah, So there you go. I mean, you've got Tyler Booker and Will Campbell's still on the board, falling further and further nineteen Buccaneers, Tommy Yarish, you're on the clock.
Speaker 3: So Dallas took McMillan at the trade back spot eighteen.
Speaker 2: It was just a flip flop. Yeah, yeah, twelve, same.
Speaker 6: Scenario, Can I present a quick other argument for eighteen? Real quick? Yeah, I would consider Will Campbell here if he slides. I think you out here. Yes, I think if you're looking at guard for Will Campbell, you've got a guard position open for competition. You signed Robert Jones and free agency, you've got Brockoffman TJ. Bass in there. But if you've got a guy in Will Campbell who a lot of people have as a consensus top ten to fifteen player in this draft, and you parashute back to eighteen and he's still there for you, I think you have a conversation about that. I think you at least have a conversation about it. So I'm just throwing that out there. Nineteen Tampa Bay. I think that you look at this Bucks team and I think I look more defense for them, and I'm going to look at a guy with a lot of high upside here. There's question marks for character, but I think that you've got a lot to work with still, So I'm going with James Pierce, the edge rusher out of Tennessee. Really high ceiling, great build, super athletic. Would like to see a little bit more production. You kind of saw him thrown around as a guy who maybe would be the first overall pick very early on in this process. He's got all the tools in the bag, but just still needs to come along a little bit more, and I feel like with good development at the NFL level, he'll be able to do just that. New pair him on a defensive line that's got Vita Veya and a good defensive backfield, I think this is a pick that can work out really well for Tampa Bay's defense.
Speaker 2: By he could be a monster there. Yeah, he could really be good there. All right. Just rounding out the top twenty here, the Broncos on the clock. They need some running back help, but I don't think they're going to take it this early, especially with Genti already being off the board. You could maybe see corner here, but with Baron and Johnson there off the board, I don't think they could necessarily take a guy at twenty, and same thing at tight end. I think the only tight end that would be available there would be Tyler Warren. So I'm gonna go wide receiver, and my second best wide receiver on the board is Luther Burden from Missouri on the board at twenty. With the Broncos. I think that's a guy that can help bo Nix out give you some extra weaponry on the outside after kind of going back and forth through a good rookiees season for bow Knicks, but kind of a shaky year overall for that offense. They need weaponry, They need somebody that can create separation. Burden can do that, and I think the Broncos would take him at twenty and run with it moving into the next couple picks. All right, we've got to take our second break when we come back. Brian is on the clock with the Steelers at twenty one, and we'll continue to wrap up our one month out mock draft here on The Draft Show presented by Miller Lyte.
Speaker 8: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated.
Speaker 6: From wearing my glasses all day. I went to.
Speaker 8: Lasercare Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Laser Care Eye Center, I can see near, far, and between don't fumble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center, they got me back on my game.
Speaker 10: Star Sports Tools is the only efficient fan tram partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and ods with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package. Today.
Speaker 7: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 12: How about them Cowboys, or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets. As we cheer the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets that, along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and.
Speaker 6: Off the plate.
Speaker 12: Remember, tailgates and game Day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallas Cowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: All right, Kendrick Lamar and Sizza are bringing the Grand National Tour to AT and T Stadium on Saturday, April twenty six. Limited tickets remain. Don't miss one of the biggest shows of the year. Get your tickets today at sea geek dot Com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium. I don't know why that's on the Draft show.
Speaker 4: That's on day three.
Speaker 2: That's day three of the draft. Why are you going to see Kendrick say.
Speaker 4: Three of the draft. It would be wrapped up about three pm and you can bowl out of there. You might see me there, Who knows?
Speaker 2: Will we maybe maybe twenty one. Yea if you can get you a heck of it Sunday and get it on seakeeek dot com get away to cap off the draft weekend one hundred party with Kendrick and Sissa and Sissy. Yeah, no doubt. All right, we're moving on in our one month out mock draft. Here's what we have. I'm just going to start from eleven. John A. Barron goes to the forty nine Ers at eleven, Tedorolla McMillan to the Cowboys at twelve. A possible trade was made with Seattle to go back to eighteen. They would have ended up with McMillan anyways, and we'll continue on from there. Thirteen Dolphins, Nick em and Warri off the board to Miami, Jalen Walker edge rusher off the board of the Colts. Of fourteen, Mike Green edge rusher to the Falcons. At fifteen sixteen, the Cardinals selected interior defensive lineman Kenneth Grant from Michigan. Fellow Wolverine Will Johnson goes off the board at seventeen to the Bengals. Seahawks at eighteen take Tyler. That was also the spot where the Cowboys could have taken ted roat McMillan with a trade back scenario. The Buccaneers at nineteen take James Pierce Junior out of Tennessee, and then twenty the Broncos take Luther Burden to sure up their weaponry outside of bo Nicks up in the Mile High City onto the Steelers at twenty one on the clock, Brian brought us you got it, Jackson dark quarterback. Oh, let's get it.
Speaker 4: Oh pick of the draft.
Speaker 2: I love it. Yeah, that seems fun. You get a quarterback like you say.
Speaker 3: You know, they're talking about Aaron Rodgers at forty one, Wilson at thirty six years old. They have nobody that really can throw it Mason Rudolph Skyler Thompson. No, no, thank you. You don't trade for DK Metcalf and others and give him one hundred and fifty million dollar contract and play with the quarterback spot. This is where Jackson Dart is gonna end up Pittsburgh at twenty one. Even though that Mike Tomlin was at Alabama Pro Day and had dinner with Milroe, I don't think Milroe is a first round quarterback. So Jackson Dart at twenty one. Here to the Steelers.
Speaker 2: I feel like that that might hurts your soul a little bit here.
Speaker 6: And about Milroe there, Yeah, I like Milroe a lot. I know it's a it's an unpopular guy to like, but I just feel like, there's so much you can work with there. Oh, there's a lot to work with perspective. But I completely also on the flip side of that, understand the concerns about, you know, him throwing the ball. I think what he can do for you as a runner is he.
Speaker 3: Had three incompletions yesterday from what I heard from my guys. Yeah, so the accuracy is troubling, but he's got a cannon of an arm and he's been a great deep ball thrower his entire career at Alabama. Some of the decision making hasn't been great, but he changes games with his legs.
Speaker 6: You look, you look at the Georgia game. You look at the Lsli Shue.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Brian absolutely, Dak Prescott did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and and what he I just feel like there, if he gets to the right system, he can be a really good player in this league. That's a big if. And you know, you look at a guy like Anthony Richardson from a couple of years ago, and you see how that's worked out so far, because he's kind of the same, similar kind of athlete, not as quick as Milroe is, but you know, it's those kinds of concerns that you're gonna have to deal with. Then that's why fit is so important for a guy like Jaln Milroe. But I'm still a fan. I think he can be really good.
Speaker 4: Speaking of fit, do not let Mike McDaniel get his hands around Jaylen Milroe. Things would be dangerous in South Beach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be interesting, It would be Yeah, that would be fun, all right. Moving on to twenty two Chargers on the board, Nick Harris.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a This is an interesting one because you look at potential needs for the Chargers.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: You could look in the offensive playmakers, tight end, receiver, running back. You could really make a case for any of those. They could use some defensive line help as well. But I I want to go to the guy who just continues to fall. If I'm the Chargers, I feel lucky that this guy is even still on the board. I have my right guard in Makai Beckton. I'm gonna go get my left guard and get Will Campbell.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked he's still here. I mean, yeah, me too, Like that's is that a failure upon the draft if that happens, If you got a guy like Campbell here and why is he the one? That's that's all?
Speaker 3: We don't we all have questions about these offensive linemen. Let's act like we don't. I mean, I mean, what I'm saying there is that this is in the years past, it's been this guy, this guy, this guy. They've all lined up. We have questions about Campbell, Simmons, Membo, Booker, Banks, we have all these questions about these guys, and I think teams are the feeling the same way. They're probably thinking, like, man, do I really want to take Campbell at ten when he's probably more like this, you know, I think that the struggles that we're going through trying to evaluate these these offensive linemen are the same struggles NFL teams are going through right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, that's a great point. And with Campbell falling down to twenty two, I think it might have been a thought process for the Packers at twenty three as well. Who needs some offensive line help? But they could go elsewhere. Zach, what do you got with the Packers at twenty three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think they really want a corner. Now you've got the top two corners gone with Baron and with will Johnson.
Speaker 2: So do they pivot? Do they look at you know, at chavn Ravel. Do they look at at Maxwell Harriston from Kentucky? Is that a little early for some of those guys? They also need defensive tackle help, and this is a loaded defensive tackle class wide receiver. For whatever reason, they don't take.
Speaker 5: But at mechgg Buka sitting there and Matthew Golden, I think would be very, very interesting if you're Green Bay. But I am going to go along the defensive line because whatever reason, they do not seem to covet taking offensive players in round one, and they missed a couple of years ago on a defensive tackle when it came to Devonte Wyatt. So I'm going to give him my best defensive tackle left, and that would be Derek Harmon out of Oregon.
Speaker 2: Big body is athletic. I think he's a one tech, but he can give you some pass rush. I love Harmon. That'd be a good pick up the middle for Green Bay. That's a good one, and that shures up that defensive line a little bit more. They could use some edge help too, But with all those edges across the board like Green and Walker off the board early, I think this is a great pick Harmon. Just like we talked about a multifaceted defensive tackle. He can rush the passer, he can stop the run. He did both of those on the West Coast. Now he gets to go up into the cold a little bit more in Green Bay. Vikings on the clock a pick number twenty four, Tommy Yarsh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're going with a little defensive lineman run here. I'm going with my second best defensive tackle in this class, and that's Walter Nolan out of Old Miss. Super powerful, hard to block one on one. He's got a knack for getting into the backfield and getting to the quarterback, blowing up run place too, good hands of the line of scrimmage, throws guys off of him. Has dealt with a lot of double teams in college at Old Miss and at Texas A and M. He's getting tired of that. And we talked to him at the Senior Boy He told us that he's gotten better and speed to power though, is something that Nick asked him about this is a really good player. I feel like in Minnesota could use some of that help in the interior of their defensive line. So they take Walter Nolan ole Miss.
Speaker 4: I want to throw out one possibility from Minnesota at twenty four. Stefan Gilmore was merely a placeholder for them at corner last year. They could really benefit by going and getting a corner early in this draft. And no team in the NFL loves tall, long corners more than Minnesota. Chevon Revel is when you keep an eye out here out of East Carolina.
Speaker 2: That was really a good selection there. And then you've got Rebel's got more size than Amosamos is more of like a six foot guy, right, so not as much across the board, but yeah, Revel is a possibility. Texans on the clock at pick number twenty five and they are looking up and down their board. They're saying, my goodness, there's a guy that played a couple hours away for me that can help and run some routes, can possibly be the speedster that we need outside of Stefan Diggs on our wide receiver core. And he's still on the board at this point in time. Matthew Golden out of Texas is going to remain at Texan and he's going down to Houston and picked number twenty five. I think this would be a great fit. They would be ecstatic about this. You're talking about a natural route runner, great hands, separate all there. You have some speed in your wide receiver corps already across the board, and this would just continue to up that a little bit more, a little bit more weaponry to throw the football too as well. For CJ. Stroud down there in Houston, that would be a great pick for the Texans. Hey they got a block for him or else heah for the football.
Speaker 5: That offensive line is looking really bad, but this would be Hey hometown kid, Yeah, played at Houston for he transfer to Texas, so I could see this.
Speaker 2: That makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, clink kid as well.
Speaker 2: M oh yeah, so he's from down there. All right, there you go. Brian brought us the Rams are on the board at twenty six. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Rams have been dying since they let go of Jalen Ramsey. They just have not been able to replace him. None of the quarterbacks all to me, the quarnerbacks have are that kind of level. This is kind of maybe where they thought if Baron had to slid down, that might be something to think about there. So I feel like that to me, this is where Nick made a great point about Minnesota needing Revel. I think this is where Revel goes. I think that this is the perfect spot, uh for him. So Minnesota Vikings will select the Revel from the east from East Carolina, Chevon Revel right rams ram Ramps, East Carolina.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he goes coast to coast. Concerns about the injury there not at all. Nope, there he goes. And I mean he was one of the best players on the field.
Speaker 3: He would be one of the best corners in the draft if I mean, if he he would, I think he might be the top corner in the draft. If he doesn't got hurt.
Speaker 2: Wow, And that's the time. That's the kind of confidence I have. Here you go and I'm with you.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: Why is that, Zach?
Speaker 5: I love the length that he plays with, like puts a chip on the shoulder. If Al Harris was still here, I feel like Al Harris would absolutely love uh, Chevon Revel, Revel, Revel Revel.
Speaker 2: I have been saying, Revel, Nick, what did you say? Is it Revel or is it revel, It's revel?
Speaker 5: Okay, Uh yeah, I just love man press corner, physical long arms. I think he does a great job mirroring, mirror, mirroring wide receivers off the line. U to me, I think he's got the trades. If he wasn't hurt, he would be my number one corner.
Speaker 2: All right. Ravens all on the clock at twenty seven.
Speaker 4: Nick, Yeah, I'm looking at another player that's kind of fallen, and Man, they've lost some guys in the secondary. They're gonna get younger there. They still have Marlon Humphrey in the secondary. But I look at a guy that's falling in Malachi Starks and understanding the Ravens and how well that they have developed defensive backs over the course of the last twenty years. Shoot, I'm gonna go ahead and go with Malachi Starks out of Georgia the safety.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: Not a ton to talk about outside of the fact that he would play next to Kyle Hamilton. Yeah, that would be for dangerous pairing out there in the secondary. Moving on to the Lions, Zach, you've got him at twenty eight.
Speaker 5: Okay, they'd love a corner, but we've kind of had a run on corners here. They did also sign reed in free agencies that helps them there. I do think they want to go edge. They need help opposite Aiden Hutchinson. So the conversation is, do you want to go Shamar Stewart out of Texas A and M or do I want the guy that already has the production and I'm not looking ahead at A that I'm hoping ends up being that guy. Let's go to Boston College, shall we? Let's give them the edge Donovan Easy, I'm just going easy.
Speaker 4: There you go?
Speaker 2: Is that okay? Do we just go Donovan Easy?
Speaker 4: I allow that?
Speaker 2: Does anybody have a pronouncer Hewaku? Easy Rowaku? Easy Rowaku? In college? Easy Rowaku?
Speaker 5: Super productive player works, He's a worker and I think Dan Campbell's gonna absolutely love this guy. He breaks down his opponents, the game, moves along, loves to attack the outside shoulder.
Speaker 2: But the production was there.
Speaker 5: Single season sack record sixteen and a half, also led the team with twenty and a half tackles for loss. He's getting first round buzz. I think he's a great pairing with Aiden Hutchinson.
Speaker 4: This is my hipster pick or hipster first round grade, at least for the guys that I have first round grades on right now. I think this guy's an animal. And you talk about the motor, you talk about what he can do in the pass rush, what he can do in the run game. I think he's a complete guy. I have him above guys like Mike Green, James Pearce. I think this guy is a complete player off the edge. I thought he was a little bit smaller than when he came in at the combine, so that just further completed my theory about him. I think he's gonna be a hell of a player. I think it would be a nasty pick for Detroit if they could pair him with Adon Hutchinson.
Speaker 2: All Right, so you've got Zack off the board there. Moving on to Tommy with the Alliance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm sticking with edge rushers here. I was going to pick Donovan if Zach didn't get him, So I'm gonna go with the guy who maybe some might think would be dropping based on mock drafts, and it's Shamar Stewart, the edge from Texas A and m one of, if not the biggest winner from the NFL Combine as a whole. This guy is a freak show athletically, and I know there's questions about the production and on the field stuff that he had at Texas A and M. You know, his sack numbers aren't that high, but if you watch the tape, this guy is just living in the backfield and he constantly finds a way to get past offensive lineman and make himself present back there. He just hasn't gotten guys down. So if he can take that next step, keep putting pressure on the quarterback. This is a guy that Dan is gonna have a lot of fun with in Washington. And they're a team that is looking to win right now. They're making those kinds of moves and free agency, They've already bolstered the interior their defensive line. They lost, you know, another pass rushaurant in Dante Fowler to the Cowboys, So now they kind of fill that gap on the opposite side with a guy and Shamar Stewart who has some really high upside. So so what was the pick there for the Shamar Stewart edge Texas A and M.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Shamar Stewart there, Sorry I skipped the zone out I was trying to catch. I missed it. You're juggling. You're juggling a lot, all right. Either way, Malachi starts with the Ravens. Is a typical Ravens.
Speaker 4: That's such a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would not be fun, all right. The on the clock there for the Buffalo Bills, They've got a lot of options here. Possibly go corner back. You got some depth issues there at corner. Defensive line help could possibly come into play both at edge and on the interior. Grant Nolan, Harmon Graham off the board on the inside. I think they would maybe stretch here and go get an edge rusher. We talked about these edges a couple different times. I think they're going to fly off the board run here another run of edge. I wouldn't be shocked if they go with a guy like prince Ly oomami Ellen out of Old Miss kind of an an athletic guy, somebody that you could possibly rely on. That would be a game wrecker there. Pierce is not there. I'm trying to look at some of the other ones. Yeah, I'm gonna go with prince Le Oumamiel and he's my highest rated edge rusher, and I think that's where they could probably see the best fit on their defense and in their front seven.
Speaker 5: And we've got jahand Campbell, Josh Simmons, and a MECG Buka all falling.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, still going. Those are some good players. And now we're moving on to pick number thirty one, that is the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Brian, Yeah, the Kancy Chiefs need to figure out who's going to play next to Chris Jones defensive tackle. This is where guys like Harmon would have made a lot of sense for them. I'm going to give them Derek Darius Alexander from Toledo at this pick. I think that he'd be a really really nice fit for how that they they want to play their front and uh, I think that he's one of these guys that kind of started and saw him as like as a third round guy, and then all of a sudden, you started to watch the workouts, you got some more tape on him. He's a guy that clearly needs to be selected here in the first round. So I could have maybe thought about an offensive lineman here, but I went with Derek Darius Alexander, defensive tackle from Toledo.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think about offensive line for them just because of how the Super Bowl went down.
Speaker 2: Like Josh Simmons, Yeah, that would be probably perfect here. That would be the perfect pick there with him still being on the board. Alexander there though, I like that pickle.
Speaker 3: They would, but they they they went for Jalen Moore at tackle in free agency and then they're gonna move Kingsley to guard so that they kind of like they're they're hopeful there that but yeah, Simmons is the consideration there. But like I said, their defensive line. I think I figured that's why I went. I went for for Darius Alexander Nice.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 2: Nick round us out thirty two on the clock.
Speaker 6: The hated Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 2: Who cares who they pick?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll tell you what, they have an embarrassment of riches in the fact that they can pretty much go wherever they want here. Now that run of edges there at what do we have there at like twenty eight through thirty Yeah, that that would that would not benefit Philly just because they've lost some talent on the edge. I mean they currently have Moro Jomo set to start on the edge if if the season were to start today. Yeah, another hooking guy. But I don't think he's a starter. I think, uh uh yeah, they could go in many different directions here. Let me, I'll tell you what. Let me. Let me go ahead and grab a guy that can certainly help in the secondary traded CJ. Gardner, Johnson go ahead, yeah, yeah, gonna help in the secondary. Smart player. I'm gonna go Exavier wats Pick.
Speaker 3: That guy's a clutch. That guy's a clutch player for them. So that's a great, It's gonna be a really good pro yep.
Speaker 2: So as we wrap up this, uh, this first round, let's take a look at some of those sleep on your board guys. I mean, you've got Josh Simmons working his way into the second round, Jahatt Campbell's still there, Amika Buca still there. You got all the running backs outside of Ashton jenty available going into day two. Any of those names interest to across the board?
Speaker 5: I mean, jeez, Jahad Campbell and Mech egg Buka, like those would be two names that even at twelve I think you would talk about. So yeah, I mean, if I had the ability. Now, you already took a receiver in McMillan, so obviouslyg Buka, you're probably not doubling down but Jahad Campbell is an athletic freak and Philly I think that he's got the ability to edge rush too, So would they consider him as a guy that can do a little bit of both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that if you looked at my sleeping on the board, I've got Simmons probably over a Buka and then over Morse in the corner from Notre Dame is where I would look right there, and then you know you're gonna have your choice for somebody these run. I got Johnson Overhampton over Henderson. You know, hope that holds up. I don't think in the second round that's gonna hold up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think this would be a pretty fun scenario for the Cowboys if the board were to fall like this in the first round, just because you have two different opportunities for other teams to go on running back runs. Yeah, you have that twenty to twenty five range where if the Broncos pull the trigger on Marion Hampton and you could really see some running backs fly off the board there in the twenties. The second possibility is right at the top of the second round. The Browns pick first, they could go with a guy like a Marion Hampton. But if there's guys still on the board like a Josh Simmons, like a Gray Zabel or a Johad Campbell, then those those kinds of players, you go get that talent first and then maybe a talented running back does fall to you at forty four. This would be a pretty solid scenario for the Cowboys if they were trying to get a home run hinder at forty four at running back?
Speaker 6: What do you think, Tommy No, I completely agree with what everybody said. You know, Maxwell Harriston is a guy who jumps out as somebody who could have I could have seen going in the first round, just because you look at some of these teams that may have taken a chance on a corner. Gray Zabel, interior offensive lineman from North Dakota State, that's a guy that you know, you look at some of these teams that are like maybe you know at Kansas City and you know he's played some tackle, so could they could that be an option for him out there? But you know, aside from that, I don't know if anything necessarily has shocked me. I mean, Simmons from Ohio State, if he drops, I feel like that the medical is going to be a big reason why. I probably I know you you had said that you got the did you agree that that? Okay, yep, so maybe that changes things, but I yeah, I agree with think that in terms of if this is how it falls for the Cowboys, they should be very pleased.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of opportunity going into Day two. You got the second round and third round pick. Day three is where it's gonna get really interesting. We'll get a seven round mock here over the next couple of weeks. But that's the first round mock all the way complete. I tweeted out all of the the finishing picks along the way so you could follow along as you listen one through ten, eleven through twenty, and then twenty one through thirty two. Hope you had some fun with us here over the last hour. It was a blast kind of working through these scenarios. And again, it's still gonna change. We're still one month away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay. Can't wait for that day. In late April for Zach Wolchuck Brian brought us Tommy Yarsh, Nick Harris, Chris Beaman, the backup Kyle Yeoman, saying so long from the Draft show. We will see you next week.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.