Speaker 1: On today's episode. If I didn't know, maybe you didn't either. I have a question. You ever noticed how football feel like slavery but with a halftime show?
Speaker 2: I didn't know. I didn't know. I didn't know. I didn't know. I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, think about it. The NFL combine, that's just a fancy slave auction with Wi Fi. They measuring wingspans, forty yard dash times, hand sizes. Yep, this one here can carry a whole plantations worth of footballs down the field in four point three seconds.
Speaker 3: Bruh.
Speaker 1: They got grown men in spandex doing shuttle drills while old white dudes whisper it looks strong, didn't he.
Speaker 3: I'm like, where's Jango when you need them?
Speaker 1: And let's not even start on college football before nil. These kids is out there getting hit like they owe somebody money, bringing in billions for universities, and what they get a cafeteria meal plan and a good luck handshake. Wasn't no paychecks, wasn't no health benefits. Just a coach yelling you gotta play for the love of the game. Meanwhile, that coach driving a Lamborghini and wearing a visor in the winner bruf.
Speaker 3: This ain't modern sharecropping. I don't know what is.
Speaker 1: And what about the NFL owners, I mean, let's just start right there. You notice how we have to call them owners, not managers, not CEOs, owners, Just something about that word don't sit right in my spirit.
Speaker 3: They up in luxury boxes like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, run fast to my boy. And the players seventy five percent black, coaches, mostly white owners white a than unseasoned chicken. I'm just saying, how you gonna have a league full of black folks and not one team called the Atlanta wacandas where is the representation? And don't get me started on the physical toll. They out there breaking their bodies up, getting concussions, and then the league's like, here's a fifty dollars gift card to Applebee's, thanks for your service. They even added an extra game this year for the NFL. I'm telling you, NFL treats players like old cell phones. It's broken, traded in for a newer model. Only difference is the NFL don't charge of restocking fee. But here's the twist. Players starting to fight back. Colin Kaepernick neil and the world lost his damn mind, Like y'all cool with the injuries, the exploritation, the CTE, and the fact that my Dallas Cowboys ain't want a super Bowl since the Clinton administration.
Speaker 3: But a brother taking a knee, Oh, that's where we draw the line.
Speaker 1: I mean, slavery had rebellions too, Nat Turner in cleats, y'all, we out here flipping the system one touchdown at a time. Here's what I'm proposing. NFL players need reparations. Forget super Bowl rings, start handing out forty eight ers in a Bentley, and let's diversify ownership. I want to see Jay Z and Snoop running teams. Imagine a halftime shows. Then, hey, put me in charge of the Panthers. First move, we changing the name to the Carolina Black Panthers. Hughey Newton jerseys for everybody. So yeah, football and slavery not the same, but let's be real, they could be second cousins. Now, if you excuse me, I gotta go submit my forty yard dash to the NFL combine trying to pay off these student loans. Okay, bye, No,