Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros m LB. This is leading off live. It is me Joey p Joep's apea. That of course is the Welsh. We're brought to you by Prize Pigs. Don't forget to use that promo code leading off. Download the afro Prize Pigs or just go to Prize pigs dot com. But use that promo code leading off to get one hundred bucks off your first deposit up to one hundred day we'll match it. It's a beautiful thing. It's a beautiful day. Welsh's hair is especially.
Speaker 2: High today, glorious day.
Speaker 1: Down I got rid of hair. Welsh has grown more and Welsh. We've got some movement with the d backs that people are a little surprised about. Let's just say little surprised. Hit the row.
Speaker 2: Jack, don'tate comeback. No no, no, no, no, no no no, Jack, don't you come back? Bumgarner. Bumgarner officially designated for assignment. It's a glorious day. There's so many great things about today. All his stupid antics gone. We're done. We have swooped up the hair in remembrance of everything that we have lost. These are all the runs this is how many runs have been scored up top. Though I will say there's one negative to this. The chat has not seen this yet. Tommy Henry is going to get the next start start. According to Nick Pacarro, it is not Brandon Fought, but I still do believe it will. He is being set up to get it. He will be after Tommy Henry, but not even Brandon Fought. Not starting is not going to take away the happiness of Madison Bumgarner. There's an incredible thread Joe on Reddit that Bogmin sent me. Won't go to the whole thing if anyone wants to see it. It essentially lines out how Madison Bumgarner in his tenure was no better than a position player as a pitcher and essentially turned hitters in his tenure into an all star. Let me see if I can see it real quick what the thing was, because the the amazing line at the end of this thread had a entire Diamondbacks line that he gave up a two sixty seven three point thirty four eighty two slash to all hitters. Think about backup catchers that are involved. All hitters combined for almost two seventy against Madison Bumgarner gone.
Speaker 1: He gone. And by the way, one thing is not gone is the money he's owed thirty seven million dollars still from the d Backs. What a horrible investment. And I can't believe this because I was all set to talk about Bumgarner to day anyway, because he made three down after his terrible performance yesterday, awful, and I wanted to talk about I can't remember recent memory a pitcher who was so dominant, especially in the playoffs, and so good and then fell off so considerably. I almost feel like it had he just retired as a San Francisco Giant not gone to free agency, he would be in that conversation of man, remember Madison Bumgarner, Like winning the World Series basically on his own and pitching four of seven games and all that crazy stuff he did. He was kind of a whole famoush discussion. And now I don't think after this last you know, a couple of rounds here with the Diamondbacks, you could even think about that kind.
Speaker 2: No, No, I might be misremembering. Oh so that's an interesting one. John just put in the chat, Jake Arietta, that was kind of I might be misremembering.
Speaker 1: But Dick Arietta hold On, Jake Arietta had a two year window. Madison Buon Garner was a really good picture for a few years and won multiple World Series.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I know you're not wrong about that. What about didn't Tim Lincecum have a pretty hard fall off at the end. It wasn't to this level because he didn't like do what Bumgarner did, But wasn't it a pretty hard falloff?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was. I mean Lensigham was also, I think everybody always expected it. Linsinggham was always the impending doom of while he's the smaller pitcher, he's eventually going to break down, he can't sustain, and eventually he couldn't sustain. But again, he was a window maybe three to four years. But yeah, it's look Madison Bumgarner, Well, well, latch on somewhere. I would imagine I know people in the chats.
Speaker 2: At the eighth really well, I think they can bawl in an arena. That's what he's going to go back and do it. Any any team that were to which clearly no one's gonna like pick him up off of waivers, he will be a free agent. Any team that is going to put a flyer out him. Why, like, what, what's.
Speaker 1: The redeeming thing?
Speaker 2: Maybe he's a bad personality in the locker room. He's a bad he's bad on the field, he's bad at his the a's.
Speaker 1: Do you hope that he can help, you know, with some of the young pitchers. Maybe I don't know. I look, maybe nobody does. I don't know. At the end of the day, bum Garner has been washed for a while, so it's surprising that it happened this soon in April. But I give the d back to credit. They're like, hey, it's a bad choice whatever, and Fought is going to be the guy. I mean, we all know that.
Speaker 2: So I actually think I think some of this has to do with like an alignment of how they're pitching. Fought hasn't also been like stellar Stellar. Tommy Henry is someone I think that they know that they can just throw in right now. I do think we're gonna go Fought into the following start. And this is just a Tommy and Read one off.
Speaker 1: But oh, by the way, when is the Joe versus Welsh video being posted? Did we send that to Chris?
Speaker 2: I posted everything. I gave it to everybody.
Speaker 1: I don't know, so you know what I'm gonna have to go follow up.
Speaker 2: You know what I can do, maybe even for tomorrow, is maybe I could lower the thank you for all the hair com this is a pretty good electric hair day.
Speaker 1: We've swooped it to a jealous Hi. It is very grimly esque. Great now, I gotta be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely no idea how high it was when we were doing it this morning, No idea until I got on camera and I was like, oh, this is intense. I will lower the down to like seven twenty, which should probably get it to be able to be posted here, and maybe we could post it on the feed tomorrow. That'll be a nice It's a little birthday present for me, you know.
Speaker 1: There you go, birthday present for Welsh and a w for you. By the way, I see people trying to post stuff about Survivor because now they know I watch Survivor. I don't watch it live on Wednesdays. I watch it with the kids on Thursday, so a day behind, so no spoilers. I literally saw something. I went like a la la la la la la la, and I close my eyes so I don't please. I love you all. You can't talk about it with me until Fridays. I know that's terrible, but I'm all four talking about it with you, but just not till Friday. Let's get to the rest of the headlines, because that one just dropped, and that was a big one. Aaron Judge not only hit two home runs, but he also robbed my show, Hey Atani have a home run, And I was pissed. I was pissed off about this because I was letting show a ride. I thought I was gonna get another home run. Some Jeff Passon stuff today coming out too about already Otani trade rumbling. So get ready, folks, the Otani sweepstakes is going to be something like you've never seen before. It's gonna be unbelievable. Also unbelievable. The Rays the homer streak to nineteen, so they're one behind the twenty nineteen m's right now. Also, there's six shutout of the year. Incredible run here for the raise. Max Scherzer was the other big story yesterday. This was just stunning and entertaining. It looks like he is. There's no way he's gonna avoid this ten game suspension.
Speaker 2: So they actually said they already said zero. There is zero chance that he will avoid this.
Speaker 1: Isn't Sures are also one of the guys at the top for the players union, right, he was one of the guys in the negotiating table last spring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I talked about this on ITL yesterday. One thing I think is interesting he is a total politician. He did this interview like a week or so ago about how he was already setting up these new rules, how they're going to injure players in the summer. He's like, we really gonna be curious if player injuries rise up. Like he is a total politician in this whole process, and he was doing politician work after this. But at the end of the day, even though this ump, this ump also has been involved in all three of these incidents, which is really where the same ump it is, but it's his finger they were sticky for like innings and stuff that.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is they asked him to change the glove, so he changes the glove and then it comes back. And apparently, as as Sures Or likes to tell the story, yesterday I got to see him tell his side of the story, which is there was an official watching him wash his hands and then reapply the rosin excuse me, and the other stuff to his hands. I had a little rosin in my throat there, but he was like applying it back to his hands with the sweat and everything. So he did whatever he did. He did in front of an MLB official and then went back out there and got poned for it. And I don't understand, Like how does that happen? And his reaction was hysterical. I mean it was very I do you know who I am? I'm acture as it was very im in a country club.
Speaker 2: G you know why?
Speaker 1: I believe him? I do believe him. He kept saying. You could read his lips. He was saying, I swear on my kids it's rosin. Like he was emphatic about it. You could tell when guys are like half passing it, you know. And you could tell when a guy is, i think legitimately saying what are you crazy? Like you could tell his reaction. They're just not that good of actors. I'm sorry, They're just not.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, the only thing I kind of took away from that what I think this was like, because the anger and the frustration from it really was something that I think everyone you knew you were doing something wrong, but it was accepted. It was being accepted whatever the Because we saw this with Domingo Herman like a week or so ago, where they're like, hey, take it off. He didn't like, Okay, take it off, like nothing happened, there are no repercussions of it. That this felt to me like there's this unspoken whatever how much rosin and how much sweat was going on that they all agreed and that he's getting picked on. There wasn't. There was an extra level of anger and frustration out of this that to me, was built around something that was all kind of greed upon and everyone else was doing and he was getting picked on. That's how I took his reaction to it.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of good ones in the chat here too. Johan Santana fell off. Yes, that was another mood that fell off.
Speaker 2: That's a real one.
Speaker 1: But you know, I don't remember him falling off to embarrassing like Bumgunner fell off to embarrassing. Cliff Lee another one from Sabo's goggles, throws this one out there too. I mean, Bumgunner has been embarrassing for years plural now, and that's something you don't see like you see the guys that like Pedro Martinez was amazing at the end, he was not the same guy. He was out there just you know, kind of on guts and guyle trying to throw balls by people. And he could do it some nights and some nights he couldn't. Bumgarner's just like been batting practice last couple of years. Like, I think he is in.
Speaker 2: His own He's in his own world. Like that's like the thing. He is the epitome of we're talking from greatness down. This is the biggest fall of anybody that I can recall as far as like like this level of pitcher goes. But I think there's in between. That's what's fun to kind of look and find these in between. Johann Santana's probably up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, the chat is live today. People are Yeah, usually Thursdays are a little quiet.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to point out one thing. I want to see how long it goes. There is one piece of news that is bigger than all of this that I don't even see on the sheet. And I'm gonna just not I'm not gonna say it. I'm gonna see how long it goes. I will mention it at some point. But I think that's also why people are very excited.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I I don't know where I am at the chat, but let's continue on here. The Astros, Jeremy Pania Homer stole base and Luis Garcia struck out nine and a win over the Blue Jays. You on Aviedo, Maybe that's I see a lot of Aviedo chat. A lot of people very happy in Colorado for the Pirates. Who you know who have thought the Pirates would be interesting. Six K's six innings one earned Mason Miller striking out five his debut against the Cubs, but Justin Steele was better. Julia Rodriguez, by the way, getting hot. Another home run for him. I told you yesterday when we left the show, I said, keep an eye on he's hitting lasers all over the place. When you know him. He went yard yesterday and.
Speaker 2: The one thing you went, pat hold on, you went past me some MILLI real quick. I just want to point out fifteen hundred plus mile an hour pitches in that game could not go five, but it was getting swinging, missus. His fastball was hitting over one oh two an average one hundred miles per hour was pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: But you know what, for all the velocity, you know, those guys always cacare the crap out of me.
Speaker 2: Dude, ways, I am so with you. I am so with you on this because all I saw yesterday were people patting themselves on the back about their call about Mason Miller. My problem is it took him eighty one pitches to go four and one third. He had to walk, gave up a couple of runs. He's on the A's like he could be amazing. He's on the now Las Vegas, come to soon A's and none of that bows well for me. I like him, and you go make your move and you go get him and you feel good and blah blah blah. But people treating him like Toaj Bradley, I think is a little bit rough.
Speaker 1: No, because I agree with you, he's one guy to the other guy's a pitcher.
Speaker 2: There's a difference, I mean a slider and cutter.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm like the ball.
Speaker 1: Through through a barn door. It's like the Kopek disease. You know, everyone gets so excited about the velocity, but I'm more excited about the katea walk ratio.
Speaker 2: He's got insanely high spin numbers. Like I'm not going to dismiss that at all. My point is, listen that he was likedlo He and I've been I've been saying to everybody like Lodolo. He takes a lot of pitches every single at that, and I think it's just gonna be tough to get wins and to even qualify for wins. But I say all this, and he'll go like, you know, six and no hit in his next start with the A's, and we'll be uh.
Speaker 1: Anthony Volpi is five steals in seven games, Edward Julian three for four with a homer, Joe Ryan picks up his fourth w got another win there in the betting column yesterday, and I saw a lot of people join the group yesterday, So awesome betting pros dot com slash leading off join our little betting group, and so people start following me there too, So shout out to you. I see you, Kyle Bradish six innings against the Gnats, against against the Mats, but still six innings is good. And Nick Martinez strikes out six and a big win over the Braves. Lots of injuries, so let's fly through them. Welsh Miguel Rojas hamstring to the IL, Ramon Loreano left groin to the IL Brewers. Garrett Mitchell ten day with the shoulder sublixation, which is always a hard thing to say. I probably, but I never I gave it my good old college try. Corbyn Burns with the pectoral is going to make his next start, so that's good. I'm sure everyone's going to be holding their breath. But your Noverez also was back in the game yesterday, so that ankle thing was not a big deal. Jorge Matteo did leave Wednesday with a hip issue. Cal Quantrell was helped off the field with the liner off his leg in the sixth inning against the Tigers. Starting Marte left the game against so many things with next stiffness. And then Carls Carrasco. So here's the Carrasco update. We talked about it yesterday. I'm going to the IL small bone spur in the right elbow. He's gonna resume throwing in a couple of weeks. I just read this morning that Verlander is going to also start to ramp up on a five day schedule, so he is going to be you know, imminent return in the next couple of weeks. But in these few weeks, especially if they don't have Shuerzer like sures Are, is gonna need to appeal just to bide some time for other people to get back healthy in this rotation, because it's a hot mess right now for the mat.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the if I don't know if the appeal will be long enough for him to get in like one more start, you know what I'm saying, Like it's it's he's got like four days until it. Usually those appeals happen within a day or two, and the word is he ain't gonna get any So it's gonna be a rough like week or ten days with pretty much nobody in their rotation. Hey, you know what they could do, Madison, Bumgartner's free. There you go, there's your team, Joe. You guys can have bum Garner and he can get a start in for it. Have fun.
Speaker 1: Great. I apologize, you're right. It is Fernando tatists day, Rodrigue.
Speaker 2: Than we did it. I was gonna say, Rodrigo knows we weren't gonna go too much longer because when we get into the bets and the prize picks. It is all about Fernando Tatis. But happy, happy, happy cheater day Fernando Tatis. And you're yes, he cheated, but he is an incredible player and he's back. So I'm excited as hell and I'm excited to see him. Probably gonna beat up my Diamondbacks tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably, although he's been so red hot, just like remember when Trey Turner was so red hot in the WBC and he just hit his first homer in the season yesterday, So do you remember that, I was like, oh my god, Drey Turner was, oh my god. He's the goods player ever. He's done very little for you know, not very little, but relatively quiet for the first twenty days of the season. Here's a fun fact from yesterday. Three managers got ejected yesterday. So you got to love those all those day games where people can lose their mind too. So the A's, the Reds, and the Angels all three of them had managers get ejected yesterday, So that was a good one. Uh. Kurt Morris, our good friend Kurt is in the chat. Remember yesterday I told you about my buddy Kurt back into fantasy baseball using this stuff. Now he's not only using the Fantasy Pro tools, but he's here watching live. So look at that. Look at that.
Speaker 2: Not a fake story, not a fake story at all. Real, it's all real.
Speaker 1: Look at it. Really the handsome beard right there. But but Pryor was great for a short peer of time. Bumgarner was really good for I feel like a good what six years? Was it? Sure? I mean to go back and look at the Bumgarner.
Speaker 2: You know what the problem with Pryor is, Prior is the mold between like Mark Pell and Madison bum down where.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, let me finish, let me no, I know.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is mark uh Mark.
Speaker 1: Mark Pell is a trigger word for me, by the way, my triggers because I never thought he was any good and everybody kept telling me he was, but everybody argued.
Speaker 2: My argument is potential. I'm saying Mark Pryor was this full build potential, ace could be everything. He had a couple seasons where it worked, and then it was injury after injury after injury. So he's not really I guess he's not even really like the Bumgarner situation at all. It's just he was unfilled potential. I feel like with prior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's pitchclock violation things yesterday people get all kinds of sassy and mad about stuff. Let's continue all the three up and three down. Tommy Edmund had himself a day. Uh he's not one for a lot of extra base hits. But here's the funny part. He got the double, he got the triple in the homer. He couldn't get the single. Tommy Edmund couldn't get the single for the side would be would kill h know? Could you imagine, like that's that's your day. The double, the triple, the homer, but no single. H five rubies for him. Trey Turner h three for five with a double homer, his first of the year. It was also my prize pick yesterday, so I hope you were in that. Brandon Neimo, how about that day, five for five with a dinger his first of the year. So he's on the board now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's still in some bases now too.
Speaker 1: And so officially Trey Turner and Brandon Nimo have as many home runs as Welsh now because Corbyn Carroll not only did he hit two doubles, but he walked twice.
Speaker 2: I believe yesterday he was two for three, two doubles, two walks, and a stolen base. He did everything except get me my homer, but he did. He did cash by the way, in uh price picks, pat cash there. I don't know if I had him there, but I had him in another place as well. So he did everything but give me the homer, as I will never get the home run call until today.
Speaker 1: Oh, today's the day. Huh. All right, I didn't even look to see who you picked today, but I will say this when it comes to the prize picks too. The thing that I like is if you're in on a player, and we've been doing this lately, then you go all in on that player. So you're going for the fantasy score because that's an easy one to get, and then you go for the total basis like, you go all in on the one player, and then you find the third other thing that you like. It's a great approach to it. It's fun. You should go check out the price.
Speaker 2: I sacked mine yesterday. I smacked mine yesterday.
Speaker 1: He smacked it good, Yes, smack the hell out of it. There you go some downs from yesterday. Levi Stout made his major league debut and gave up seven earned runs and four innings nine hits. It was ugly. Brady Singer also ugly, five earned three walks, four k's is the ra is at ten. So you had one good start. Guys are hitting three forty eight against him. What do you do? A pritty Singer? Because this was a guy who was actually kind of in that, Hey, this is a good picture on a bad team. Draft him late. He has not been that guy for what the last three of the four starts, he.
Speaker 2: Said, and cut him. I mean, I think you can move on. There's there's no fat.
Speaker 1: You drop him for the fat? Sure?
Speaker 2: If you want to speculate, did you drop him for the mas Millers?
Speaker 1: That's my new team name, Trim the foot, dropping the fot, trim the pot.
Speaker 2: I did drop a weird awl reference yesterday.
Speaker 1: Uh you did? Did anyone pick it up or no?
Speaker 2: They A couple of people did pick up for Brandon Fott. It was a Madison Bumgarner and it was you know, I'm don't you call me? Don't you remember that? Don't you call me? But tell me once again, who's fat?
Speaker 1: I don't think it's weird? Kid weird like make music nowadays? Because you can't make fun of anything. I feel like, but I think who can?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think it's like turning a little bit, So I think like he could actually start.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think people are like, you know what, let's laugh again. That's why they love us.
Speaker 2: So we need okay, so you know we need weird Al. Weird Al is our savior.
Speaker 1: He's here to save That's right, he's here to save us. Uh. The other guy who made the three down, ironically was Madison Bumgarner. So he went so far down that he got d F eight. So look at that. All right. Let us talk about some prize picks, Welsh, because I know you've got some prize pigs before the picking. Everybody's got the prize pigs. And if you want to make prize picks, go to prize picks dot com or download the app. Is that promo code leading off to get one hundred percent to pause a match up to one hundred bucks. So Welsh, let's keep the streak alive. What you got for the people today?
Speaker 2: Yes, let's try to win another one. And going to be across the board. Someone in the chat I was trying to find the name to give them credit. Because they said they would bet one hundred dollars if Tatis is going to go oh for four today, I hope that's not right because I'm going to just go all in on that first one. It's against the Diebacks and it's against Ryan Nelson, and he has looked good Tatis Junior, so I am going to pick up his fantasy score. It's seven points. I like him to have a big fly today, so I'm going seven points on the fantasy score for the first time. I'm going to take an under, and I'm going to take Charlie Blackman's score under seven today. I think in a pitching matchup that doesn't, unders are fun.
Speaker 1: I did one with Javier Bayez the other day. It was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're gonna go black Men underscore. I'm gonna add in Juan Soto hits, runs and RBI over again Ryan Nelson. I think this is starting to come to a head a little bit and the Patterys are going to be on it tonight. And then as a fourth one. You can or cannot add this if you want. If you want to add the odds up Alec Boom one and a half hits runs an RBI as he has been stroking the ball. So give me those four Tatis score Blackmen score under Soto hits runs RBI and Bom hits run RBI for my price picks for today.
Speaker 1: I can't believe this. This is usually guy said, Thursday's kind of this lower day. We just hit our of live watchers. So look at that good stuff there.
Speaker 2: I love you, hey man, that's a bum Garner gets down and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody shows that they want to hear tatist.
Speaker 2: It's tatist. It's Bumgarner out. I mean, and we haven't even talked about it. But you know, the Oakland A's, which is very historical to my past, by the way, was what I spent my time with my grandpa that will be no longer in the near future is they will be going to become the Las Vegas A's in a matter.
Speaker 1: It is a trash ball park that doesn't have helmet Sundays. I think they had some sort of rat or possum living in Did you hear this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it still does. I I hope you know what.
Speaker 1: I actually ast of possums or rats or something living in the broadcast booths.
Speaker 2: I think that should be the new Las Vegas mascot. They should move this possum and they should bring him back over. Hopefully they take care of him.
Speaker 1: I like that. Let's go to the posums, all right. My prize picks for today Brian Reynolds one and a half total bases and then I'm all in on Freddy Freeman. There we go against the Cubs tonight wins blowing out. Let's go one and a half total basis seven and a half on the over for the fantasy points there for mister Freddy Freedman. And again let's get to some betting stuff here, as we like to do. Don't forget. When you have the betting things here, make sure you go put them in over betting Pros. It's free. We want you to join our group bettingpros dot com slash leading off. And again you don't have to be putting real money in the picks. You could just go on there risk units and compare how you would do. You could do it just for fun as a game. As you're watching the games. It's a good time. And if you start to build confidence and you start to get what's going on here and you're watching the show and listening to the show, We're gonna help you win money doing that too. Baseball is very hard compared to NFL, NBA in a lot of ways because there's so much failure built in and somebody weird anomalies that happen, and so many injuries my goodness, on a daily basis. But still we've had a pretty good track record. It bears it out. Go to I got the leader board. We're making you money for me today. I'm gonna troll the Mets. There you go, Sean many A plus one twenty against the Giants. He's at home, and of the Giants have been meh, they're six and eleven. But I want to see Senga kind of show it to me a little bit. He wasn't great in that last start. I know he was on the bench for a long time because they scored seventeen million runs, But you know he's only pitched against the A's and that wasn't a great start, and then two against the Marlin. So I want to see what he does against the Giants here. But manaia, I think as a puncher's chance for the upset here. I was like Je Soto the over total bases that's over on DK along with Corbyn Carol plus one and a half and Bryce's stop plus one and a half on the over. On the total basis, you're getting plus one twenty on all these one Soda plus one thirty. Again, that's over at betting pros dot com. Welsh, what do you have for the folks because you're on the other side of the Senga.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I want to point out I do actually like that Soto in that Carol total base one. I might actually tail those as well. I just like Senga with the strike I like with the strikeouts. He has been a strikeout machine. The ghost fork gets it done right now teams have not quite caught up Giants or one of them.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Cousin Donnie might have had the better name for the for the U A's moving to Vegas.
Speaker 2: The Slutters, the lost. I mean I saw someone do like the run.
Speaker 1: There it is there, it is the Las Vegas Slutters. Look at that, I mean it does itself. Come on.
Speaker 2: I like go cards, the Royal Flushes with all of their poop related toilet incidents in Oakland. I think all of those work. The Slutters works as well, all right, so could I Sanga. I like the five and a half strikeouts. I'm actually putting two units on it because it's pretty juice up. The Giant strikeout a ton, so that's why I like that. I've got the this is a little two teamer parlay Phillies first five up by one run and Pittsburgh money line first five and you get plus one sixty one. So Phillies up by a run after the first five. Pittsburgh's just straight money line with the Contreras at plus one sixty one. I'm going McCutcheon one and a half total bases, which is plus one twenty. That's kind of following Joe's total base run and just for the haters, for an and of Tatis home run around two fifty two forty five play. It should be way higher. It is crazy crazy down right now, but I'm gonna go with the Tatis homer today.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I imagine whenever they move to Vegas, whatever they decide, it's going to be a cool looking uniform. Like I don't think they're gonna be the A's anymore. I think they're gonna change the name in the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be it'll be black and gold. I think it'll probably be representative of the rest of the Vegas teams. There'll be some gold, white, black involved in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be cool. All right, let's talk a little bit about some other ways to have some fun with baseball. So Rare is fun. It's a revolutionary free to play fantasy baseball game, officially licensed digital cards from thirty MLB teams. So go to Fantasypros dot com slash collect again Fantasypros dot com slash collecting. Sign up today. You build and manage your own mb team like a pro. So what you do is you go ahead and you goodbye. You can scout, you can sell and compete with other players every single week, and you actually own your cards, and you win or lose basically based on the team you have. So hopefully you didn't have Madison Bumgarner as one of your cars, because that would have sucked. But so Rare MLB allows you to advance to higher levels of competition, and you can join now at fantasybros dot com slash collect and take your fantasy baseball experience to the next level. It's very cool. If you like cards, you like digital stuff, you like baseball. This is a perfect marriage of all those things again, so rare MLB. The next era is yours. Today's a weird slate for DFS. Yesterday was weird too, but we targeted what we liked and it worked. To me. It's Ronzie Contreras at seven point three, Matt Strom, who you've been on at nine k Shawm, and I as the appo play to Senga. So saying it's gonna be heavily invested in, I don't think that's wrong, but if you want to make money and be different, Manaia at eight point six is a great way to do that. I'm in on the Dodgers offense, the Padres offense obviously with tat teas back Arizona and Philly, and the value play today. He got stot at two point nine, leading off Trey Mancini at two point six, Gabe Moreno is still two point six, and Tommy fam if he's in the lineup today, which I imagine he will be with Marte having the next issue, he's two point seven. He's been being a hot vat as well, So that's a neat little one for you. All right, I'm going Freddie Freeman today for the home run call No. Surprise there. If you're looking at the board, it's the same as yesterday. Still behb Daddy at the top with nine, all the way to Riley over there with six. So I am stuck at three. Welsh is still stuck at one. But Welsh feels like today might be his day. I thought yesterday was the day. The two doubles was encouraging. He was hitting the ball, we were all there, fell a little short. So who's the guy today for you to break the curse?
Speaker 2: I'd be great on a I should take John Singleton if I could pick anybody in the miners, but if we were doing the doubles contest, it'd be great. I will go with Fernando Tatis Junior today. Why not? What do I have to lose? I can't pick them, but we are going to go in on it today. Fernando Tatis Junior with a homer in his first game. I'm gonna bet it and I'm gonna put it up on the board and maybe I can get a couple from Tatis. And I actually do like the thing that people were saying in here where it's like I think it was wonky. Tatis will have like two homers today, and go over twenty three. I could definitely see that happening. But he is going to be jacked up in this first start up against right Nelson.
Speaker 1: Uh So, Mayor is telling me that BHB Daddy has ten now now Mayor Ethan sends me a new home run board every day. When he doesn't send me one, I just assume that there's been no change. So apologies to BHB Daddy. But if we got a beef where I have to go take it up with our friend Ethan who makes up all the fun cards, and I send him something also today so he could be out of the office. I don't know what's going on. Hopefully he's okay and doing well. It is very exciting though, to get Fernando Tetis back. And this is what I kept saying everybody, it's a couple of weeks. You should be treating him the way you would treat him if he wasn't suspended, because at some point most guys go on the IL. All right, you got to that ten to fifteen days or whatever it is, somewhere in that stretch, you're gonna miss games. Now he's back, it's the twentieth of April, and if you got Tattists at any kind of significant discount, you gotta be loving life, right I am, because I've got him in our Fantasy pros league, and I bid on him, and I got him so much cheaper. I got him for at least I would say a twelve to fifteen dollars discount in that salary cap draft.
Speaker 2: I got him in TGPI too. The other thing I would point out is like, this is different than other situations with Tatis. He has been healthy. He played the entire spring training and he wasn't allowed to play. This wasn't like he was hurt and he's rehabbing and he's not in shape. And he has been playing this entire time with the minor league team. He was training with the guys, playing with the guys in spring training. He's been going this entire time. There hasn't been any time off. He was in before pitchers and catchers were reporting down at camp. He has been there with that team. He's been hitting and working this entire time. So it's just a little bit of a different situation. Will he go for four and the million strikeouts, It's possible, but this isn't like all those other spots. He has been playing, and he's been filling Homer's in triple A.
Speaker 1: It's being a killing Homer about this old school tattis two grand slams in the same inning like his daddy did. Now, Kurt and I were in college together when this happens, and we were playing fantasy baseball together back in college, and I remember when this went down and went crap. This is the craziest thing I've ever seen. Also, some good names in the chat I'm seeing too for some of the teams. Somebody brought up the Vegas Vices. It wasn't Razor with somebody else. I think it was Tim brought it up there. So that's an interesting one. But it's time to move on. And it's sad because the Oakland A's had a legacy in the seventies. They had an incredible run there in the mid to late eighties, you know, with the Bash brothers and you know Stuart and.
Speaker 2: This is literally my family, all.
Speaker 1: Right, and then they had the the Tim Hudson Barry Zito years with Mark Moulder and all that fun that you know, those teams produced. And it's sad because it is a good fan base and it is a really historically over the year is a good team, but it has been such a wretched building. It's in such a wretched place, and they've really been mismanaged horribly. I know they had that thing over We're gonna be good for a year or two and then we just blow it all up. But if you go back and look at the trades they made in the last ten years, everything from the Donaldson trade on because off the top of my head, was it Barretto they got that was like the piece in the Donaldson trade? Right, Uh, He's supposed to be. Yeah, Barretto was the main piece in that.
Speaker 2: Well, Barretto was an A. He was an A the whole It was an A.
Speaker 1: Because of Donaldson trade. I guarantee it. Go look it up right now.
Speaker 2: Right about that. It's just like was the lower miners with the a's, So that must.
Speaker 1: Have been Franklin Barretto that was supposed to be the guy, and then it was after that, it's been nothing but crap since they have not won any of these deals. And it's the same thing that hurt the Pirates. You know, when you deal to Garrett Coles and when you deal this player in that player and you don't get the right pieces back. You know, it crushes you. You can't whiff on those deals when you are a small market club in Major League Baseball, because you know they're not going to go out and they're not gonna spend money on free agents to make up for it. So there you go. Barry Zito, by the way, another guy who fell off towards the end. A lot of those guys in San Francisco, like the Giants, I would.
Speaker 2: Actually like to see the the Vegas. Just treat this like a like a minor league team, but go with like crazy jerseys and you know the crazy names of minor league teams, like the Toilets or whatever the hell they are. Yeah, that's so that's my vote. Y. It's Las Vegas toilet possums for the new OK I think will be the best way we could get it.
Speaker 1: Can't get better than toilet possums. There's nothing else to do with the show after that. We'll be back again tomorrow, same time, twelve third Eastern here on Fantasy Ros MLB. Make sure you subscribe. Welsh has his trade video out on the channel. Go peep that. Go check out my waiver wire pickups too. That video is out. Subscribe, click that little bell to it goes ding for notifications and enjoy your baseball tonight, everybody. We'll be back again tomorrow to do it all again and preview the weekend action. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids, toilet potsum