Speaker 1: Who do who? Everybody? This is George with some show announcements. If you are in New York, Philly, or Boston, you have a few more chances to see the hour of stand up that I have been touring on and off for the last year and a half. This will be the last time I do this material before I tape it in April, so I would love to see some of you there. I'll be workshopping some of it and reworking some other parts and standing out the rough edges. It'll be really fun. So if you're in New York, I'll be at Union Hall on March fifth and sixth, and then I'll be at Joe's Pub on Monday, March twenty fourth. And if you're in Philly, I'll be at Philamocha March twelfth. And if you're in Boston in the Boston area, I'll be in Summerville at the Rockwell on March twentieth. There is an early show at seven and a late show at nine. I have had such a great time touring this hour over the last few months. Thank you to everyone that has already come. Like I said, will be the last time I do it, and then I can't wait to write new stuff and I can't wait to tour again. And that's pretty much it. You can find tickets at link tree dot com, slash George Savers and it's in my Instagram, bio and everywhere else where you might think it will be. And that is it for me. Enjoy the episode, Love You.
Speaker 2: Okay? Podcast starts now. What's up everyone around the globe? You're listening to Stradia Lab. We are here live in Los Angeles. I'm here with George Savers, who I'm gonna blow up his spot. Just had lunch with his manager in Los Angeles, California. I want to know how that felt. Tell me everything.
Speaker 1: So you know, we are recording two in studio episodes today and there was a like a hour and a half in between. Of course I ran to a power lunch spot. We're talking grain.
Speaker 2: Bowls or how many teenies did you have many?
Speaker 3: Account No, you're just making eye contact with me.
Speaker 4: It's really well, we're looking for yeah, unification, so when when we look at you, that's correct.
Speaker 5: Lunch.
Speaker 1: I had a power lunch with my manager. She said, we're closing all the deals. It said, we we actually have your career set for the next six years. I have projects lined yeah, from now that's awesome through the next projects lined up form but most of the upcoming decade I knew that would happened for you, And it's really diversified to writing, acting, radio, radio, a lot of cinematography work which I do sometimes, appearance club appearances, club music, a lot of sound mixing. I'm actually doing the soundtrack for the next Luka what you know movie.
Speaker 2: Gosh, that's going to be.
Speaker 1: All hardcore hip hop. That's which people wouldn't think of me for that, but I actually do have that in my It's in my wheelhouse and has.
Speaker 2: Been three background background.
Speaker 1: And so I'm doing that and then I'm also doing some red carpet interviews.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For to B, I'm doing the to Be Awards. It's awards that they give to just employees of to Be the corporation. It's not anyone famous. So it's like best meeting that they had, best best hr, best best snack someone brought for like a big need for a birthday, like donuts, best donuts, donut place that they brought. That's awesome and so that actually pays weirdly even better than the project.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's for the love of the game.
Speaker 1: That's for the and I do the game, of course, and I do one for me, one for them. So I do one project that's like for the masses, and then I'll do something super indie. I'm actually designing the shoes worn by only character actresses who go grocery shopping.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, congrats, you can I say something? What the hell is Luca Guadenino's deal? How is this bitch making so many movies? Oh?
Speaker 1: I see what you're saying. How is he so prolific?
Speaker 2: How is it's a How is this bitch making so many movies?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they're all actually very different if you think about it, of course.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know in a sense that there's always a theme of what if a guy was hot and gay?
Speaker 1: What if a guy was hot and gay, and what if a woman was kind of insane.
Speaker 2: Of course, and what if the scene was beautiful? And what if we were on vacation. Yes, but I'm like, I'm genuinely like, how like not I'm like, sorry to call him a loser, but I'm like, make a friend, like you knew.
Speaker 1: Though he actually also has a lot of friends. No big fashion designers. Oh, my god, all his friends are big fashion designers and he's always wearing wide legged pants.
Speaker 2: Well, to be honest, it's obviously coming from the place of jealousy, and of.
Speaker 1: Course we should have his career. Hello, Hello, I know gay guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had.
Speaker 1: Gay exact visual sensibility as him, and I've been I could make those movies literally shot for shot, and without being inspired by him. By the way I would think of it on my own, I could have made Call Me by your Name today.
Speaker 2: It would be easy.
Speaker 1: I would have made it in twenty twelve. Honestly, I couldn't have the funding. And by the way, this was, you know, because a lot of my funding comes from the country of Greece, my origin that. But when I had the idea, it was in the thick of the financial collapse. Now that it's on the up and up, I actually could get the funding.
Speaker 2: And I do think that he has something where I'm like, you know, he's sort of you know, I feel like in my twenties I was like, you know, Lauren Michaels, please notice me. You know, my thirties it's all about Luca Guadino.
Speaker 1: Please. Well, he's a Luca Guardanino of gay guys who are now thirty five and not twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So I really just want to get plucked out of obscurity by Luca.
Speaker 1: It would be sort of cool if Luca just like directed a Stradio Lab live. I think it wouldn't be the you know, I take my shirt off, Oh I would. I would take my underwear off in a heartbeat, just to go to the meeting. I would show up to the meeting. I woul show to the lunch plays, get a grain bowl, and I would take my my cock out. I would say I'll have.
Speaker 2: An eye on top, simulate sex on you. Oh of course.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so speaking of industry titans, I have to say, this is someone who I've wanted to have on for like, honestly, as long as I've had the idea for Call Me by Your Name, which is a long time, a long time. It actually started before the podcast. I My entire plan with starting a podcast was that one day I would have this person on well please. And I actually do want to say, speaking of twenty twelve, that even though what I just said was a joke, it actually isn't because I distinctly remember watching the show Love on Netflix and quite literally being like, who the actual fuck is commeded genius? And how do I befriend her in approximately twelve years?
Speaker 2: And your plan works?
Speaker 1: And my plan worked?
Speaker 3: So please Claudio Doory you did it.
Speaker 1: No, but I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 3: Well, I know, yeah, because we are friends, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying. I'm not kidding about the Yes, we are friends now, but he's not kidding about like, can I ask you something? Yeah, okay, this is a legitimate question. Do people like I just did think they're like the only one that discovered you on that show? And they're like, what's something crazy about me? Is that I thought you were so good on Love?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean well sort of. I mean I just sound like I'm cheating my own.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, sure, okay, sorry that was another But I just meant because it's like I feel like it's the kind of thing that people think everyone thinks they're discovered.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: So so just to like internally, when George was like, I you know, I loved you on Love, Like, is this sort of what you're doing internally?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I like it. I just like it. I roll my eyes, Ali, But people kind of think. Also, it means like often, like I will say, I often play sort of like friendly morons, like that is sort of my bread and butter. Sure, and so people sort of do assume that I am friendlier that I perhaps am in real life. But then I'm also I am kind of.
Speaker 1: You are pretty I would argue you're prett friendly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, maybe I am.
Speaker 1: The first time we met, actually, I think I had recently gotten engaged and we had just met that day, and you like with this true like as though we've been friends for years. You were just like, so, what's it like being engaged? Well I do, and I was, and no part of me I was like, I'm in it, like we are officially, like we're skipping the part.
Speaker 3: Well, I was really excited to get the proposal story.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, proposal, That's what it was.
Speaker 3: And you kind of didn't think I was seriously asking, You're like, why would you want to know that? It's like, because what a crazy what a crazy situation to ask.
Speaker 2: Someone you.
Speaker 1: Had never heard that before. Yeah, and that's sort of what you were asking. I thought you were like excited to talk about the story, but you just had never heard of your conn before and you were kind of like you kept saying who was the woman?
Speaker 2: The woman to a woman?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just like what a scary what a scary thing to do?
Speaker 1: Be gay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely terrifying. But to ask someone that, yeah, I knew you did like a proper No. I don't know how sacred it is, but you did.
Speaker 1: Like a proper like I did, say will you marry me?
Speaker 3: Will you marry me? And also like the other person doesn't know. It's sorry, it doesn't. So it's like that's like makes me feel sick, but in a nice way.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: What's funny though, Like the idea that ever, the idea that you would ever do that and actually not be sure that you would get a yes, is so funny.
Speaker 2: That's wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And some people, I think, because they've been brainwashed by like film and TV, actually think that's like the way to do it, yes, especially.
Speaker 3: Like guys and in public, which is like illegal and literally being like I hope she says yes, yeah, and it's like she might not. We don't actually know each other enough for me to know she's interested in such a thing.
Speaker 2: But I talk about America and.
Speaker 3: It's like that is I mean that is spooky stuff that really is should be examined. Yeah, and to me that does feel straight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when I hear that's like, there's part of me that's like turned on by that. Like a guy, a guy who's so dumb, who's like, I'm gonna propose. I have no idea what she's gonna say, but I'm going to propose. I'm like, that's kind of hot.
Speaker 1: And then, of course, on the other side of things, there's there's the sort of archetype of the girl who's like, why isn't he proposing? Yes, well, he has no idea she's thinking.
Speaker 3: That, and that's also a huge worry. Yes, and that is you know, that is really a big problem in the straight community. In the community is the lack of communication. But they do think that that is. I mean, I am a member of that community, but often they do think that is they can't talk to each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Is that getting better?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean a.
Speaker 3: Little bit maybe. But also no, I mean, because I wrote it in quite a few straight topics, I'm allowed to say them.
Speaker 1: No, no, yeah, yeah, okay, well but now I'm excited. I mean, forgot to ask you Usually we'll ask before recording, what's your straight topic. But I'm so we're still busy talking about excuse me. We literally had to cut an entire segment because you didn't want it to be public.
Speaker 2: And I bring it up again, Well, now, I mean it has more of a tease with less with no details. That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Well, as we've heard, it's very good to tease.
Speaker 3: And I also point out, I know my hair is in a rectangle shape today.
Speaker 1: Rectangle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would remember call.
Speaker 3: On East Side. It's gone rectangle like there and I couldn't fix it, and I don't. I know. I'm sad that these days every podcast you're on camera listen, don't.
Speaker 1: On the one hand, we obviously relate to what you're saying. On the other hand, like we have to do video. I flew to Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: We have to, of course, no, and I'm thrilled to get my face out there. But I also know it does mean that if your hair looks weird, you have to feel bad a little bit because it will be committed to film. And I'm not blaming you. Guys.
Speaker 1: You have a cat eye.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, but I often do, do you?
Speaker 1: Oh my sister is like, my youngest sister is one of them, because it's a type of woman that's like, oh, I'm going out going to the bathroom literally fifteen seconds.
Speaker 3: Cat I well, because I'm going to be filmed for a freaking yeah.
Speaker 1: But I mean, is that that's your go to eye makeup?
Speaker 3: Well? Yeah, because I like the sixties and I've got round eyes. Oh that's what it does.
Speaker 1: Do you ever have body dysmorphia about having round eyes?
Speaker 3: No? I think it's good, it's beautiful, it's cartoon like. But I'm going to always want to put a cat on.
Speaker 1: I'm only I've never considered eye shape as like a source of as something. No, No, even just like oh your pair shaped or apple shaped. I didn't know that also actually extended to eyes.
Speaker 3: Oh they'll don't make you feel weird about anything.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: The new thing is is like, if your face is high or low contrast, what's that? This is the create I mean, I don't quite understand it, but I would guess you have a low contrast space.
Speaker 2: Don't say that. I won't say that.
Speaker 3: And then you could also be medium contrast.
Speaker 2: What does it mean?
Speaker 3: So I guess a high I actually don't even quite know. I don't understand it. I haven't explored it, but I think the ant like, actually, I shouldn't be wearing black eyeliner because I've got brown hair.
Speaker 1: So it's like you should be wearing like euphoria, like white islander.
Speaker 3: No, I think the idea is it's like not an idea, it's just like a new way to make people buy things, especially girls. But it's like low contrast is like you're sort of a sandy blonde, a blue eye. It's all in a similar palette, whereas like Georgia over here, I don't know medium.
Speaker 1: I think i'm medium. I think i'm medium because it's like suddenly an expertial contrast. Yeah, I'll tell you why. My skin color is like medium. It's like olive skin, like I'm not pale, but I'm also not dark. I'm Greek. And then my eyes are neither dark nor I don't have light blue eyes. But there's sort of like greenish stormy green. Storm green is the definition of medium. Absolutely, So I think i'm media. So I don't even know what.
Speaker 2: I'm not agreeing. You're not agreeing stormy green the definition of medium. But I just made like light story is an extreme weather.
Speaker 1: On the one and you have light light blue on the other end, you have pitch black. Wouldn't a dark green be in the middle.
Speaker 3: I would agree with Oka saying, wow.
Speaker 1: I'm really good at debates. Just the language I was, No, stormy green is sounds more violent?
Speaker 3: What is good is none of us really know what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny. I'm like, I do you know immediately I'm on board with the high contrast, low contrast and medium contrast that. I'm like, I could literally do everyone's makeup here and you would all look fucking snatched by.
Speaker 2: The time paint out faces were shooting your name. George is shooting it and doing the makeup.
Speaker 1: Do you think call me what your name worked? Because Army Hammer was low contrast and contrast.
Speaker 3: He is so high contrast it's crazy. Yeah, Edward's his hands high contrast. Wow, well we figured it out.
Speaker 2: Figured it out now, I fully get it. I'm just start accusing people of being low and high low, and it's one more desirable than the other. I just want to know if there's getting into.
Speaker 1: Full blown just racism.
Speaker 3: I like, not ever watched I've never watched a video about it. But I've seen the like the first like five to ten seconds of a video about it. So that's all I really under.
Speaker 1: Are there videos that are longer than ten seconds? I haven't seen one. I'm telling you, I'm actually pitching a really one of my many projects is a ten second video.
Speaker 3: I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 1: It's in development right now. Really, yeah, it's all cgi, but I think it'll be really good. And it's based on the How to Train Your Dragon series. Oh good, Yeah, that's a drag. Is like really getting I say, like a like slutty, offensively gay, just like constantly showing his asshole, like bending over and showing his ass whole.
Speaker 3: I think we both know Dragon those dragons a medium contrast. Yes, yeah, those a medium.
Speaker 1: I think like Dragon and Trek is high contrast. She's like the main head bitch in charge. Okay, and then I think, like obviously, like an albino lizard or something is very low count contrast.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I'm still trying to make sense of it all, but that's okay.
Speaker 1: No, go ahead, Sorry, No, my body language was unnecessarily aggressive.
Speaker 2: No, well, I wasn't sure you wanted to direct the conversation somewhere Luca.
Speaker 1: You didn't know if I was going Luca mode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait, how do you say his last names?
Speaker 1: We were Actually I was corrected, not Sam. I was corrected by either voicemail or comment or anyway. I used to say guad Nino, but it's me no, which is actually clear when you see it spelled. I just had never, like, really paid attention, Claudia.
Speaker 2: I have the most boring story also to say about your friendliness that you know, it should have maybe gone before George's because there's even less to it. But the way I was actually internally debating because I was like this, actually there's no beginning, middle, and end to this story, so what is the point of saying it? And then I was like, well, because it's in my head and it's all I can think about. But basically, I remember being at Sandy JNA's birthday party and you came up to me and he said hi, and I said hi.
Speaker 6: You said on, Claudia, because we follow each other on social media, you have some kind of I do think you O meed to go for dinner last year.
Speaker 3: And then you couldn't come.
Speaker 2: I couldn't come.
Speaker 3: Pat told me these and I got replaced by goh early. I was recast, yeah, by another low contrast guy. But he's the thing, so well shall I retell the story from my perspective?
Speaker 2: But I remember being positive. We keep going.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we followed each other. We'd nearly gone for dinner, so I know who you are here. I go crazy thinking, you know who I am? Why would you? Why would you?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: And that afternoon I was walking down the street and I saw you, and I gave you a big smile because I was like, well, there's Sam. Great, we'll meet in real life finally. And I gave you a big smile, and you scowled at menogniecognizing.
Speaker 1: Then did you?
Speaker 3: Later that night, by pure coincidence, we were at the same party, so.
Speaker 1: That interaction just ended with him scowling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I thought, okay.
Speaker 2: I scowled at you, just scowling at general.
Speaker 3: Then because I was like, big smile. So I guess this maybe is what happening. What's happening anytime a fan sees you on the street and it's like, oh my god, it's Sam Taggett and you smile and you're like, get out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do remember, I do remember spitting on someone that day. I just for I hadn't realized it was you.
Speaker 1: It happened so often, so usually it's women. Actually, it's like when women look at Sam's like, I don't like you're kind?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, So you scowled. But then we got to meet that night, so I got to confront you and say you scowled me.
Speaker 1: That was where the energy of I'm Claudia. That's where that came from, because you had already been rejected one.
Speaker 3: I would never just start with that. That would be crazy.
Speaker 2: Instagram is complicated.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, here we go, okay to visual media, So that would give you some facial recognition, unless you don't have facial recognition, which isn't.
Speaker 2: Rehi is a disability sometimes I'm I do think sometimes I'm lacking in it.
Speaker 3: Well, on this day, you were for sure.
Speaker 1: I think you know what Claudia looks like.
Speaker 2: See, I'm so glad I brought this story up because because there is actually a lot of meat here, and to be honest, there's something. When you were coming in today, I was like, I will remember what she looks like? Correct? Sorry?
Speaker 3: What am I such a chameleon? Do I know?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Different on camera.
Speaker 1: You are literally a once your bridgeite Burdo. You are you are one of the most memorable women.
Speaker 3: Thank you Georsh. But so so, how did you feel when I walked in today?
Speaker 2: I mean you, I said, thank god, I remember?
Speaker 3: I remember? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. So you've had emails again that doesn't register.
Speaker 1: I do this.
Speaker 2: I have. I often google people before we like meet up with them because I'm like just to remember, just to remember.
Speaker 3: So I guess when you follow someone on Instagram, you like, you put no you don't like.
Speaker 2: If I know I'm going to see them, I'll scroll through the pics. Yeah, but if.
Speaker 1: Not, I think maybe you do less like browsing on Instagram just like.
Speaker 3: Which is actually good, which is definite.
Speaker 1: So often I find myself just like sort of vaguely being like, what is this person been up to the last three years? My manager said you should be doing more front facing.
Speaker 3: Like literally probably right, because I.
Speaker 1: Told her, I said, you know, actually, would you ever represent Quaitia? She said, I barely know what she looks like front facing exactly, see I do.
Speaker 2: There's like I need to see like one a day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, instead of zero. Ever, so I should probably do that it is my fault. It is my fault. But I had a very similar experience with the on Street scale. And I think I told you this story at the time. Whereas there is this man who has been dming me for about eight years. Don't make this the clip from the podcast, Okay, okay. So he's like, he's an actor and he has been dming me for about eight years and I've been ignoring him on multiple platforms the entire time. I've never met him in real life. It was like he followed me on something. I followed him back. So I was like, oh, I know who this person is, you know, and probably.
Speaker 1: You know, we would recognize.
Speaker 2: I'm going to guess Lucas Gage.
Speaker 3: No, but we do. I think we do follow each other. But no, I think this is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can can't.
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: It used to be you can use Lucas Gauge is a bunch of line. Not anymore.
Speaker 3: And isn't that name so similar to Luca Guadene When you think about it, the beginnings are really similar. So this guy did, and so he dm me for many years. I always ignored and one day I was walking down the street my parents live on in Australia, and by crazy coincidence, he was walking towards me and I was like, Wow, what do I do? Also, I used to think I had the power on Instagram to open messages and then make it look like I'd never opened them. Do you have this on your Instagram.
Speaker 2: Where you could be like, don't mark a scene or whatever?
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you know that that's not real? Do you know that?
Speaker 2: I did not know this?
Speaker 3: So for the other person, he can say that you've seen it, it's for you to be like, oh, I must remember to respond to this. Yes, I know that. God. So for about for many years I was opening messages straight away and then I would swipe back across yeah and ignore it for years. Here Australian, we can't get into these specifics.
Speaker 1: Oh but yes, so that's a little slightly.
Speaker 3: Yes, that he would be on the street. It's not creepy that he was on the street. It's a very weird coincidence because it's like a residential street. Yeah, no one's on that street.
Speaker 1: It's very sort of America Center to be like, oh, well that makes sense. I mean he was in Australia a lot of countries, so he was on the Australian Street, Australia, Astralia.
Speaker 3: But I was like in it, I was like, what do I do because I've like opened, I've opened so many messages from this person. I've never I actually don't. I don't know if at that stage I knew that he knew that I'd been opening the messages, but I've been pretending that I was not opening.
Speaker 1: I just want to tell you has all the makings of a story that later on a guest will be like, hey, can you guys?
Speaker 3: I just I think it's okay because like I have no ill will towards this person. And you know, I was like, okay, so what's my approach. I will just really smile at him, because, like I, there's no denying. We follow each other. Yeah, I'm gonna also delete my Instagram this afternoon so no one can figure out who this is. Oh no, I was realizing how bad. It's not that bad.
Speaker 1: It's fine, It's literally fine.
Speaker 3: But like so he so I was like, I'll just give him a big smile because I'll just feel like, I guess I'm just not the kind of person who opened messages and huge smile and he also scowled. He had he did not recognize in real life either, So it does like, maybe I need to look more like something.
Speaker 2: It's trend you need to get. You need to stop scowl.
Speaker 1: That's surgery. To look more like what people think you look like.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Ask everyone ask a caricature artist to draw, what to draw with? People think you?
Speaker 3: Usually I play a kind of characters who were overalls. So maybe like that's it. I should be wearing type of I don't know, hype friendly idiot who rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess you should start wearing more overalls. Maybe have a little I don't Yeah, have some hay sticking out of your hair.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to publicly apologize, okay, scowling. Wow, that was not cool.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever been like apologized to on a podcast, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I don't think I have either.
Speaker 2: I don't think I have. No Jeremy apologized to me.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: That was huge.
Speaker 3: What did he What did he do?
Speaker 2: Jeremy Harris was my high school bully.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's why he was.
Speaker 1: And he came on the podcast and apologize.
Speaker 2: But I'm sorry, my bully, you're my bully, I'm your ably.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: You really are Okay, I accept the apology. Wow, that was cool.
Speaker 2: That's really cool. Damn should we do her for a second? I think we should. That is crazy that I brought that up and then it was so fruitful. Slash made me look.
Speaker 3: Bad, but no, so good to just like show your audience all the shades of your personality.
Speaker 1: You might scowl, see, you know when you were like, we're running out of We're runn out of parts of our personality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you were like when you were like, you know, people think I'm so nice. They play these nice characters, and you're like, and actually I am nice. I'm sort of the opposite, I think where people think I'm nice because I'm nice on the podcast.
Speaker 3: I know you were nice.
Speaker 2: From scrolling.
Speaker 1: Yeah you do schollar.
Speaker 3: Well, which is interesting because you don't actually think.
Speaker 1: I am your way way nice situations, whereas people think I'm a huge asshole. Why you know, I like sort of lean into that a little bit. Okay, interesting, Like it's like, of course I'm being like almost like aloof and stand offish or something as my famous character that I play when I do stand up comedy, and then people meet me, yes, and then people who meet me and they say, oh, no, he is a doll.
Speaker 3: You so friendly? Yeah, but actually the scowla I've got some work to do. But he look at you smiling being nice.
Speaker 2: Well, it's guys, it's not real. I'm nice. Uh. Okay, Claudia. Our first segment it's called straight Shooters, And in this segment, we're going to gauge your familiarity with and complicity and straight culture by asking you a series of rapid fire questions, especially this thing or this other thing. And the only rule is you can't ask a single follow up question or will scream at you.
Speaker 1: Ask anything about it.
Speaker 2: Get ready to get scowled up harder than you could ever imagine.
Speaker 1: A synchronized scowl. Yes, Claudia, singing off tempo or babo.
Speaker 3: Am I allowed to ask?
Speaker 2: That's a question?
Speaker 3: Okay, singing off tempo?
Speaker 2: Okay, winning best actress or feeling most gaseous, feeling most gaseous.
Speaker 1: Being anti vax or deleting hbo max being anti vax okay.
Speaker 2: A urologist or a big long piss.
Speaker 3: Urologist.
Speaker 1: Roberto Benini or Espresso Martini, hm Yo Benini okay, Alert.
Speaker 2: Doctor shoals or being a doctor that's goals, doctor shoals.
Speaker 1: The hand that rocks the cradle, or the marvelous missus maize.
Speaker 3: Oh masil, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Albra cadabra, or have a banana a abercadab rough Yeah, no, that's true.
Speaker 1: Potassium Seriously, I have hype potassium, so you don't need to eat bananas. In fact, they would be actively harmful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. Isn't that bad? No, I didn't care about bananas real.
Speaker 1: I love a banana. And actually your sweater is kind of a banana butllar, and it has made me crave a banana.
Speaker 3: I think there's a stain on it, but I can't can you tell?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: Well, I got to dry clean for the first time and now it smells weird.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't have that.
Speaker 3: Is that something that happens?
Speaker 1: I actually smells?
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: I recently bought a perfect pair of vintage jeans. Wow, took them home. Realized they imagine someone smoking cigarettes every day for like three decades and only blowing onto these jeans. That's what they smell like. And I'm not even I'll have an occasional cigarette like I'm not especially sensitive, but I felt ill, and so I had to. I've got a lot of suggestions. People said, Vina, you.
Speaker 3: Bath have you done that?
Speaker 1: I ended up just washing them on a gentle cycle. And they've gotten to a point where I basically don't.
Speaker 3: Completely solvable problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I was acting some sort of twist or it's like and now they don't fit perfect.
Speaker 1: But it's like, but the thing is that, yeah, that is what happened. But I'm I just I have to persevere it.
Speaker 3: Like I can't see on the Janes though, that it's really out of reach for me.
Speaker 1: So I have a place in New York that I'm going to tell you to go to because guess what they do, take your measurements. Rather than you browsing a bunch of vintage jeans, take your measurements, ask you what you want, they bring you options, Thank you, one hundred and I want to say, okay, so the the genes I think are one ninety five okay, oh and that include no, no, that includes them, the service, the sir, and them tailoring them so they'll like take them in, hem them whatever.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: But it's still a vintage Jans, interesting specializing. It's really hot. What I've got really narrow.
Speaker 1: Whereas I have really wide hips. You guys I have.
Speaker 2: Well, we rate our I guess on scale of one to one thousand doves.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, I actually really appreciated that you genuinely were like, wait, what is this? Yeah, it hasn't happened long.
Speaker 1: You showed an intellectual curiosity that I think in the second Trump era is lacking among the general populace.
Speaker 2: And what what else is lacking in a second Trump presidency is perseverance and giving up left and right?
Speaker 3: And Mike Pence?
Speaker 1: What about Mike?
Speaker 3: He's lacking in the second.
Speaker 1: That's right, as you were lacking Mike Pence and your Yeah, you were like not being Mike Pence.
Speaker 2: There was no Mike Pence anywhere.
Speaker 1: If someone was like, what is you? My you have? I would not say Mike Pence.
Speaker 2: And I would say I don't know, but not Mike Pence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say who's the opposite of Mike Pence?
Speaker 3: Yeah that's nice.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm going to say eight hundred and seventy eight.
Speaker 2: Does out of a thousand.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I did get scared at the beginning because I forgot what the sort of name of the what the name of the game was. So it was like, I have forgotten what I meant to be doing, and that's why I stopped, and I nearly and I did ask a question.
Speaker 1: But that's okay, Okay, show yourself before it got really bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, should we get into you mentioned that you have a list of topics? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yes, And is that wrong?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think that's wrong to do, but should be? Well, well, shattered your confidence for you to ask that wrong?
Speaker 3: Well, no, that's just because I'm a woman.
Speaker 1: You should look into that. I can't get over how beautiful the color of your sweater is. You don't see this sort of canary because it's not quite canary. It is bananaw but but yellow I think so, you're absolutely right, it's now Now now I'm like, I'm such a dumb ass to even call it banana, Like it's so clearly butter yellow bananas can be that color.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sort of insipid onesid, bad bananas.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's hear some of these topics.
Speaker 3: Okay, the first one, well, I'll just say the men aver I have casino aesthetic.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good.
Speaker 3: Well, this one's it's hard to say because of where I'm sitting. Gray couches and also sort of teal couches.
Speaker 2: Teal.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 3: I'm also going to say being sunburnt m and I think that was really it. Oh no, the color blue.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's put a pin in that. Okay, I have a tight ten. That's actually one of the I'm taping right now for my career. Just off the bat, I want to say, great couches. We've actually organically discussed.
Speaker 3: I bet this might be.
Speaker 1: Done no, but it wasn't his topic. But we were talking about how for furniture, gray is a straight neutral and beige slash tope slash is the gay neutral. It's like a gay person if they're like, I just want something simple and uh that can go with the space, they won't go gray, They'll go beige, right, whereas a straight person will say, well, what's the most neutral color?
Speaker 3: Scared of being identified as someone who has any kind of prier, yes, so they choose gray.
Speaker 1: It's really and I actually the.
Speaker 3: Fans to whoever chose these, and I actually think like and this tone as well, this one's so bad.
Speaker 2: I think he's horrible.
Speaker 3: Oh and he's not.
Speaker 4: We're just decorated this studio one of them Messenger Gone have so many gigs, and it's like, yeah, my interior to core business is not as good as my acting or my directing.
Speaker 2: But like, but you have to understand lots of people use.
Speaker 3: This space eight years ago.
Speaker 1: And also, guess what, Claudia, most people in the world are straight. Like if I'm if I'm designing just for like a sophisticated uh you know, queer like magazine collector. Yes, how much money would I make? Like we need I need to be able to churn these pieces.
Speaker 3: Out exactly for the straight mark, the straight market. I get it. I remembered another one air fryers.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And I would go so far as to like rice cook or instant low cook.
Speaker 3: Is all of this stuff any plastic things actually on the countertop.
Speaker 1: I have very little patients.
Speaker 6: Microwaves, Yeah, I do wish they like work.
Speaker 2: When people don't like a microwave, I'm like, enough enough, Harvard, one of the people use a microwave exactly.
Speaker 1: I actually want to specifically call out people say reheat things in the oven. Guess what the appeal of leftovers is? They don't take forty five minutes to prepare because they are leftovers. If I wanted to use my oven for forty five minutes, I would make a lasagna from scratch.
Speaker 2: I have to confess something. Have you guys seen the videos of like the Little Boys. It's called like Maryland Food Boys or something, and they're literally like twelve years old. You need to like they trust me. This is gonna pay off no matter.
Speaker 1: I like what you're describing is sounding a little a little George, don't go there.
Speaker 2: There's these videos of these boys hosting a podcast and they like it's like really professionally. They eat food and they go, oh, so, what's your favorite pizza? I like when pizza's crispy, I like cheese. Like they and they're like still twelve, but they're like in a podcast studio. Yes, it's very funny. And now whenever we start going off on a small topic and being like like being like, here's my thing, ovens are too long, I'm like, we're just like the Little Boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Well that's all the podcasts really are, is like people saying yes or no.
Speaker 1: It's also kind of what like our generation of comedy, and you see the adjacent comedy is it's just like, maybe we can just be childlike and it can remind us what it was like.
Speaker 3: Trying to do that recently a lot really trying to be a lot more to that child exactly. I'm getting lost, you know, I'm scared a lot of the time.
Speaker 2: I want to return also to getting sunburned, because I find this to be an interesting topic with the amount that gay guys go on beach vacations.
Speaker 5: And they're tanning, and they're tanning, and they're they're speedoed, they're nude, they're in the sun all day long, and there is something where it's like, but they're not sunburned like the way that very rarely have I been in a house with someone who has been sunburned in the many years that I've been going on gay vacation.
Speaker 2: I'm actually quite surprised at the statistics of that, whereas every straight vacation it's like, well, dad's sunburned, he's cooked. Yeah, he's got to wear a shirt now exactly, And it is and I'm not sure it's I'm not sure why that is. We all have the same.
Speaker 3: Education, I know, Well, can you provide answers what about women? Well, there is a sun burn sunburnt woman. Also, I'm Australian, so it's like sunburn is a huge part of my culture. Everyone gets like one out of two people get skin cancer. Was yes, there was a hole in the ozone layer when I was a kid, so it was like we were getting extra uv race and obviously like white people are not meant to be in Australia and so it's like we were just getting really cooked. So everyone got everything.
Speaker 2: Is that way.
Speaker 1: So many Australian actors like Nicole Kidman moved to the United States. Nicole Caman especially like would have died.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and she is like the most porcelain, Like her swimsuit goes to heat. Yeah, and she well someone told me she like ll like I saw an interview to say. Someone told me it's like probably not that's what happened, but that she would get up before shooting and swim before the sun rose, like at the beach, and they were like, isn't that amazing. I mean, she like gets she's doing so much every day. And I was like, I think it's because she doesn't want to be sunburned. Yeah, she doesn't want to put on that swimsuit. No, it's like this, but yeah, it's so sunburn is a big part of my culture Australian and also straight because I think it is like the idea like especially for men, and we will talk about women as well. Don't worry.
Speaker 1: Well, we were recently accused that we sometimes erase women, so that's why I am bringing them up from the beginning.
Speaker 3: What the image I really have is like, well, it was like there's so much sun damage, so it's like every woman like a really familiar thing is like a chest. Yeah, yeah, that sort of like the vertical wrinkling and maybe a sort of the freckles, a very sort of specific cooked in redness.
Speaker 1: Yes, cooked in redness, which I guess is different because I also imagine like a leathery tan, which is sort of a different thing. But yes, cooked in redness.
Speaker 2: It's so icindon to be like, we need to raise women up. So women like often get this like burn where like their tits like wrinkling. Really it's disgusting, like so women age like really badly.
Speaker 3: Like also, I really remember there was such a thing of like in Australia, people would go to Bali because it was.
Speaker 2: Like oh, because it's close.
Speaker 3: Close, so it's like a beautiful place to go and it's close and it's not Australia. But people would come back, white women. I just remember saying, like, mom's on the plane my family went when I was like sixteen. Just like everyone would get the braids, which was obviously an interesting choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that was such an era.
Speaker 3: BOLLI braid. So it's like there's beads, there's braids, and then just like the reddest circle in the world, so women get some burnt too.
Speaker 1: It's really amazing. Like I feel like the kind of era of white people making fun of white people is coming to a close. It's sort of it's over it. It seems like self flagellating in a sort of like pathetic way at this point. However, that said, it is crazy the things why people do. Sometimes when you think about the fact that just for a full generation they slash we were going to you know, the Bahamas and just being like and now I'm going to get braids with little seashells on them. Yeah, and it's going to be so fucking exciting.
Speaker 3: Did you ever do it? I never did it.
Speaker 2: No, I never went on one of those vacations.
Speaker 1: My sisters when they were kids, like I'm talking like eight years old and five years old. Yeah, they did it, and there's a lot of photos of it.
Speaker 2: That's so funny. It's when I was in the z Way room, we were like trying to write a thing that was making fun of that, and then like the writer assistant is Jamaican and she was like, well, everyone's making like loves doing that to white people.
Speaker 1: Like this, so this is classic.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was like because it's funny, like like they're like, we're spreading the culture.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, it's a very American because we're sort of applying an American notion of appropriation and race relations to a different.
Speaker 3: Well, it's interesting. I mean, like I wouldn't. I'm not saying I know anything about Balanese culture, but I don't know that the braids originate there at all. It's like they've just like been like, well, they're just yeah, it's a vacation.
Speaker 1: It's just like, oh you got vacation hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I've never seen like a Balanese person with braids. So let's think about that for a while.
Speaker 2: I think we should say with that, Wow, I mean, look at us talking about women talking about race, talking about.
Speaker 3: Okay, apologizing, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Damn, I do think well, first of all, I think sun burnt has to be our topic. I really like because I actually I do want to return to what you're saying about how gay guys magically don't get sunburned.
Speaker 2: Well, and it makes me think, like, right now, I'm watching Survivor constantly. I started late, and they I know they get them sunscreen. I know this, But that's all I'm thinking about the entire time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we will get back to women, but for now, let's talk about men. Yeah, just sort of baseline theory. Yeah, obvious, Okay, obvious theory. Gay men interested in more interested in skincare more knowledgeable about how to treat their skin. So it's just like a effortless that you don't see them like fumbling to get the sunscreen. That's like leaking out of the bottle. They're just like doing it.
Speaker 2: The other hand, I have a problematic addition to this is that they also are like, want me to put sunscreen on you?
Speaker 3: Like, well, here's something I discovered about myself. If I ever wanted, I have to pretend I am less flexible than I am. If I want to get someone to put sunscreen on my back because I if that can put sunscreen on my tie back because I think I'm hyper mobile, so I can touch every sentimente out of my back. I can to, whereas everyone else is always.
Speaker 2: Like put sunscreene on me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, why, I just do it yourself. But they can't. They can't reach, but you can.
Speaker 1: So one of the things that I can't one of the things that has been a really sad thing in my life. I know we'll get ready to actually burst into tears. So I used to I'm I used to be able to. I won't do it, so no one freak out. I used to be able to clasp my hands all that oh literally all the way around, and my shoulders would just like dislocate and like go around and I can't believe I'm about to say crazy? Is this like this? But because I have been working out more in the last year and a half, I suddenly can no longer do it, and it actually is like making me feel less like that was always my party trick.
Speaker 3: You're less flexible now that you're more muscular.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, exactly, you lose flexibility, do you really? Yeah? Think about like the guys that are really muscle that can't even up with their arms straight.
Speaker 1: Oh right, I just like I don't think it took much. I think I used to have literally zero muscle masks and be very naturally flexible, so I could just do it and like the second I got even just like a little bit, it just I can't do it anymore.
Speaker 2: Wow. So do you go home for the holidays with it? Yeah? And your family's I don't know my family, like they're like, George, do the trick? The trick?
Speaker 1: I think it's no one ever. It's one of those things I used to do it, and like I can't.
Speaker 2: Mom, I've changed.
Speaker 1: She used to do it and think some people would be nongrossed out by but every single person would be like, you never do that again.
Speaker 3: I don't think I can do that one. Well, I can put sunscreen on the way back, fit my whole fist in my mouth, you can. Yes, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 1: No, no, of course, of course, imagine if you never asked that I've actually offended you even did like iroll it. I'm not.
Speaker 3: It's just like there's a camera here, obviously it's so tempting to it away. I'm not going to be.
Speaker 1: The equivalent of cleavage, of like hinting that you can do it.
Speaker 3: I could do it. It could happen at any moment. It takes a while to get it.
Speaker 2: In another Claudia, wait, George, you were making a point about sunscreen when we all on.
Speaker 1: The one I mean, on the one hand, gay guys are conscious of skincare norms and also, as you're saying, basically use it as a fore play just asking their friends to pitch. And then on the other hand, the straight men a feel invincible and b feel like it's a sign of weakness to protect themselves in any way.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I think it's like there's so little self reflection in the greatest of men. Like it's like to reflect is gay because you're looking at a guy, and so it's like they they can't sort of think about themselves in any way. So self preservation is like not available to this.
Speaker 1: Well, it's also like self preservation, it's like, what do you think? So you think I'm weak? You think I literally need armor to go to the beach.
Speaker 2: If I'm meant to live, the Lord will keep me alive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because God is straight, Because God straight.
Speaker 1: And also I'm sorry to say that it's an unwillingness to learn from past mistakes because these people are getting sun burnt over and over again every year. It's not like this is the first time and they're shocked.
Speaker 3: Yes, completely, I.
Speaker 2: Got to say. Sometimes them, like when gay I sexualized putting on sunscreen. Sometimes I'm like, enough, I've been on a nude beach where like they were really like, oh, in the inside of your butt crack really needs something. Oh my god, no it doesn't. You guys need to clomb down.
Speaker 3: So with someone putting your inside.
Speaker 2: But it was like two guys and it was like screaming up and we're like trying to have a normal conversation. He's like really getting in.
Speaker 3: And I mean, I have to ask. So you're on a nude beach, like, what about the shaft all.
Speaker 2: Over the shaft?
Speaker 1: You and you do you have to first get erect and then put the screen on so you can get This is complicated because you do.
Speaker 3: Have to do it because if you put it, you.
Speaker 2: Have to do it. You're doing you have to not get hard, but you have to put it on. So you're like, you do you have to rub yourself exactly.
Speaker 3: So that's why I'm.
Speaker 1: So sorry of chicken out the eggs. You are getting hard because you're putting.
Speaker 3: Because also if you put it on flaccid, then it's not the full surface area, so then it's like expanding and then suddenly it looks.
Speaker 1: Like a red tiger exactly. Yeah, yeah, tiger, red tiger stripes hot.
Speaker 3: So you have to wait, you have to get hot.
Speaker 2: You literally have to care about skin cancer at all. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, there's like PSAs where men are like I didn't know I would go to the beach flaccid and next thing you know.
Speaker 2: They are like specifically life cards that are there like get you hard so you can like put sunscreen on.
Speaker 3: It would be awful to have a sunburnt penis on it.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Like the appeal of a nude beach is like loses its luster pretty quickly when you're like, well what if I get sunburned? Yeah, because it is fun to be like, look, I'm naked, and it's like I don't actually want to lay in the sun naked. Yeah, I need some very dangerous to me.
Speaker 1: You you got to just go srong.
Speaker 2: What's that again?
Speaker 1: But that David Beckham, Yeah, David, or even just like I'm thinking, like little piece of fabric. It can even honestly be see through, so you can get what you're wanting out of the out of the new sea through.
Speaker 2: Don't you get sunburned.
Speaker 1: No, it's like wearing sunglasses but for your dick.
Speaker 3: But also you're not nude if you've got a sarong on. But it's kind of creepy. It's sexy. I mean, I always get but it's different.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's men.
Speaker 3: Now let's we're going to women again.
Speaker 1: So women. Okay, the women get suburb because it's like decoltage. Yes, and lesbians don't have that. Actually that's true. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't associate that because they're wearing a crew.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm thinking I'm trying to say, for a sort of phrase this in a positive way, like there is something lesbianic about kind of always being prepared.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 1: It's like she has a little kit, like a little you know, fanny pack, like a little purse or something that has like all the things you might need, like first aid kit, chapstick, sunscreened face, sunscreen. That's different like snacks, whatever. And that to me is which is a very different reason than why gay guys don't get sumber. But that to me is the reason a queer woman would not get sundering is because she just is always prepared when she's going to the beach, like she has all the materials. You would never see her like open. Think of like a harried mom who's opening the bank is like fuck, like we didn't bring the popsicles. That would never happen. If it's too much, I agree, But I.
Speaker 2: Even feel like that's true with straight women still, like they are sunscreening themselves.
Speaker 3: They definitely have more access to.
Speaker 2: They have more access to.
Speaker 3: The instinct that straight men do not. But they and so that is a problem with pretty much everything I've said about straight all these straight ideas. Is there more attacks on gate on straight men?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well but again I'm speaking completely.
Speaker 3: Ribbing attack like a gentle rib it's tasteful.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Don't you think the pressure to be tan is a very straight woman thing? Yes, that's what that is. I think the reason why straight women true like some sun burning is because it's all about getting tam.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's that's very like teen too.
Speaker 1: Like even more so than gay because game then also want to be tam. But straight women own being, like you like, put baby o A on, like theres thing.
Speaker 3: I did that when I was like thirteen, someone had that, is it? What's the brand that, like, coconut oil?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Hawaiian Tropic, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think so. And it was like set plus seven SPF factor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing zero, not with that hole in these only.
Speaker 3: And my friend who had a different complexion to me, she was wearing it. She was she was turning golden brown. Whereas I put it on and I literally I was like I had sunstroke. I was shaking. It was bad. And it's probably why eventually I will cats cats I know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, sure I will as well. And it's like a moment. It's just like I'm mostly waiting and I'm like, it don't.
Speaker 3: Happen, but you do you get checked?
Speaker 2: Oh you guys know I don't get checked.
Speaker 3: You don't you guys you have to get checked. Yeah, it would.
Speaker 1: Be really bad for my career if you like, if there were any health issues that I don't know about it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's unfortunately.
Speaker 2: It's so much doctor. You have to go to the dentist. I know, you have to go to the skin you know, normal.
Speaker 3: What oh normal doctor. Yeah you do.
Speaker 2: I mean gay doctor too.
Speaker 3: That's why I know about my potassium because of the normal doctor. She did a.
Speaker 1: Blood test, the normal doctor.
Speaker 3: But also she didn't say why potassium.
Speaker 2: She was just did was bad.
Speaker 3: No, but she's like it is.
Speaker 2: High, but she was she was like, you have high high potassium, and that's your superpower exactly. I wish it was.
Speaker 3: I didn't explain why it's bad, so I don't know what am I mad to do. Maybe she didn't say how to not have high potassium.
Speaker 1: Huh huh.
Speaker 3: I guess if anyone's watching or listening who knows why it's badge of high potassium, please call me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can you actually please comment directly to Claudia, not to us, because I cannot say through comments about.
Speaker 3: I don't open DM right now because now I'm scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're scared.
Speaker 3: Now, I understand. You can see if I've seen it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of SPF, the I think, let's see, I think it's very SBF talk, being like did you know that like thirty SPF means that it lasts for thirty minutes, or like this SPF means this like you have to That is also feels very straight woman to me, am I wrong, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, and well because I actually as a straight.
Speaker 1: Woman, could you do love pain? What does it mean?
Speaker 3: Sun protection factor SBF quite literal is like the is the number, okay, the fifty or whatever the number is is the amount of time you can spend in the sun without getting somebody.
Speaker 1: So it's like, so it literally is that.
Speaker 2: It's just so, No, it's not.
Speaker 3: Fifth, but it's not fifty minutes or fifty seconds. It's fifty times the amount you could spend of time you could spend in some without getting some burnt without sunscreen. So let's say that's actually seven minutes.
Speaker 2: WHOA, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think that's like based on your like that makes sense, honest. Actually, yeah, so you could spend fifty times the amount of time in the sun.
Speaker 1: That seems like you're saying I can apply a fifty SPF just once and be in the slot.
Speaker 2: They're not taking into account you're dipping in the ocean and you can't sweat.
Speaker 3: You can't dip in the ocean. Also, you have to apply two to three tea spoons or something crazy like that. You have to apply such a ridiculous amount of sun screen to actually get what they're saying they can give you, and that's impossible for me with such a small face. I can't put that much liquid on my face. I try. Doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Do you do a daily sunscreen? Of course I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm Australian. Yes, of course, of course I do two fingers, but sometimes you went to do three.
Speaker 2: When someone says like, of course I do Australian, I'm like, I don't think you understand. I have no idea what the Australian.
Speaker 6: Yeah is like sunny sunscreen.
Speaker 3: One's parents to pick them up and they'd have like a bandage across their face because they've had something chopped out of their face. Really, that's how because like, yeah, and there's like a huge bat of sunscreen that everyone uses communal sunscreen really, and there's a no hat, no play policy in the playground because you will get burnt. Wow, no no play. So I do wear a hat as well?
Speaker 1: Do you wear my?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Is that why your hair is rectangle?
Speaker 3: Probably? No, I didn't wear one here today it is cloudy, but still the sp the UV factory is.
Speaker 1: High mat SPF. Hat is that something you're familiar with?
Speaker 3: Sort of?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I never this new thing where they're like saying clothing.
Speaker 1: Has yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: Feels fake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, doesn't. Isn't all clothing? Yeah, it's cloth protecting you from the sad.
Speaker 1: Here's what I think. I think that SPF clothing could be a great way to get men into the mix because they love high tech clothing and synthetics. Yes, like bike to work, that's true, or like things a lot of zippers cargo, you know, unzipped, like shorts that become pants.
Speaker 3: Yes. Are we talking about men generally or straight men straight man?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Because also it's like they're so scared of expressing themselves in any way. So if they there's like a practical edge, they can explore that. They're like, I'm being practical. This is good for when I'm on my bike. Yes, but they can't be like I need to protect myself because that's too Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Wow, wait another Australia question.
Speaker 3: Okay, go for it. Well I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yet, Okay, good, Okay, So you know how everyone was going? Nor was that annoying?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'm so that was like the most annoying.
Speaker 3: Because people really they think I want to hear they're no or yeah, And obviously I have an Australian accent. I say no, which maybe to you sounds like what you just did. To me, they sound very different. Yeah yeah, but that's just how accents work. Of course, we're going to hit my age quite differently. But for some reason people think I would love to hear.
Speaker 1: Their no and that I would like murder someone like no. I might imagine like just for a full two years, everyone is going up to Claudia and being like no.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a real breakthrough in the Australian accent reproduction because it used to just be like a crocodile dundee, yeah, the knife. It was a different thing. And it's like now people have found a more effective pathway into the Australian accent, so people are getting better at it. Yeah, and like no is gateway. See I can't say it because I'm like trying to think pet what you're doing. But yeah, no, it's a crazy thing to do to me when people are doing it for me. For me, I'm like, I'm just like, what do you think is happening right now?
Speaker 2: Even when they weren't doing it for you, I'm sort of like, what were you like? Was it like even just seeing people like type it out, like the way that it was like memified, was that like bizarre.
Speaker 3: I was like they're coming for me. I know it hunted, you know, it was interesting, and now it is like people are really doing it and it is it's just like a party trick I love to do for me.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Yeah. Wow. And then my next question is do do you feel that Australian straight man have a more healthy relationship to sunscreen than American streatment?
Speaker 3: That's a really wow. Well do you know I feel like the Australian Australia it's like they've learned a lesson a little bit and they're just like, well, I have to I actually really have to wear something.
Speaker 1: It's part of the ethnic identity. It's part of the national culture.
Speaker 3: Still you're seeing burnt men. You do see burntman, but it's more likely in Sydney if you see a very burnt man that he's British.
Speaker 1: Uh. You know what It's like. It's like how it used to be that speedos were like gay in America but actually totally straight dad in Europe. It's different. Gay slash straight norms change from locational locations, so in Australia, unlike in the United States, it's not gay to wear sunscreen.
Speaker 3: Exactly, whereas like the straight men I know here are all I guess like comedy men and they don't want to go to the bak.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine a male comedian putting on sunscreen.
Speaker 3: I've seen common Christopher put on sunscreen like he common takes care of himself. Yeah, so that makes sense for him. Yeah, George is silent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so scary.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'm thinking. I think I was about to say, I'd say Carmen has like sort of olive skin like me, But then I actually don't know what his ethnic background is, so I don't want to misspeak. Do you I believe Mexican? Yeah, oh so he is Latino, so that is different than it is different than me.
Speaker 3: But he's wearing sunscrepe, so that's good.
Speaker 2: Okay. My next Australia question is what is gay in Australia? That is straight here? Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: I mean, like the answer can be a trick question.
Speaker 1: What is gay there? That is straight here?
Speaker 3: He's gay there is straight here? What is gay there? Straight? Do you have any I do you have any ideas?
Speaker 2: Like the opposite is like the Speedo is gay here but straight there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what's Oh I have one that is actually straight in Australia and gay here, like I think dance like dance. I think the Veronica's here is like lesbian culture because I think the Veronica's in Australia is mainstream pop.
Speaker 3: It is. It's straight that's very straight.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, wow, that was a good example.
Speaker 2: That was a really I think, I mean maybe even Kyl of Minoa doing that.
Speaker 1: But I do think I even know who's also a gay kind of Australia. True, it's because she's the Madonna of Australia. Like she's she's mainstream just like Madonna is, but it's still gay culture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's part of gay culture. She might perform at the Mighty Gras Pobby and that is obviously a very gay event.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think you know that shirt? I don't, Okay, I think this is.
Speaker 2: You know that?
Speaker 3: Do you remember that shirt that like navy blue shirt that was like short slaved and it had like a tiny flamingo or palm tree or pineapple on it, like the print like.
Speaker 2: As a pattern.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's kind of separate like it's like spread.
Speaker 2: Out, yeah, like a small It was like the one.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's that was what's the question, didn't what's straight here and what's gay there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, something that's straight here.
Speaker 3: I'm seeing that as straight here and gay in Australia. But I also saw it earlier in Australia, so it's like gay sort of like normal, very normal gay guys. We're adopting it as like the biggest like here's my here's like my fun shirt. There's like microscopic flamingo on the navy blue. Do you have this shirt?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, But I do actually think you're pointing to something. I think that the idea of Hawaiian shirts more broadly or like shirt it's like that in America is such a specifically dad like thing. I actually think everywhere else it's like such a bold print and you don't have the cultural implication that it's like a lame dad tammy Bahama thing to do. Yes, So I think I mean just think of like it's like if I saw someone wearing a flowery Hawaiian shirt in Greece, I wouldn't I would think think they were like, you know, flaring it.
Speaker 3: Up you're thinking they're a straight person flaring flaring it out there again.
Speaker 1: That's very fashioned forward, like not a land dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, self expression yea, that is that not available to a straight person here, a straight man here, they have to I.
Speaker 1: Just think Tommy Bahama is so dominant in that space that it's normal.
Speaker 3: We don't have Tommy Bahama in Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you guys get it, you're gonnau.
Speaker 3: Is it a restaurant.
Speaker 1: It's a brand of Hawaiian shirts, right, yeah, but they might have a bar. It's very Tiva Tiva's, Like imagine like Tiva's Mohamma's not Tiva's.
Speaker 2: Tommy Ohama's not Tiva's.
Speaker 3: Should the podcast become it's it's like Miami Tommy Mohamma.
Speaker 1: Is more like Miami linen pants.
Speaker 2: I know. It's like like one are the Chaka's or Chucka's one of these one of those shoes I'm thinking of like Chaco's. Yeah, they're like a brown sort of like like they look like they're made of straw almost, but like a little shoe. Yes, that's more tim Mohamma. Tiva is more like I'm like it's Patagonia more like I'm hiking.
Speaker 3: It's a hiker Campa. Yeah, they're going to campus.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: You know those shoes?
Speaker 2: Do you know that brand?
Speaker 3: That European Brandish Spanish brand, and to is. I feel like that one could be like get you somewhere and straight somewhere.
Speaker 2: I completely agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I actually I think I think I just feel like it's somewhere in there.
Speaker 1: I think that in I think that it's straight in Europe because it's like mainstream and here. Like I literally bought camper sandals last year because I.
Speaker 2: Was like, whoa, Okay, amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think that's a real one.
Speaker 2: I love an international perspective.
Speaker 3: I agree, yeah, but it made me feel scared that I didn't understand Australia when you asked me that question about what was gay or did you.
Speaker 2: Not understand any Yeah, maybe you didn't know gay people there?
Speaker 3: Well I certainly do. So then I was like, God, I'm not paying attention to my friends eno in Australia. They're like word do they yeah?
Speaker 2: Spread that word is gay? Straight?
Speaker 1: In America?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Don't they get annoyed when it's a word that specifically in American spelling because we do spell differently, people using words you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's so do so do most English.
Speaker 3: Everybody else?
Speaker 2: Does it?
Speaker 3: Just not U. You don't have time to add to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, well you have to make more money.
Speaker 3: Exactly for you? Is my money is dipping out?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is there anything else to say about sunscreen or Australia or being sunburned or Australia.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm decided you didn't want to talk about the casino asthidic.
Speaker 1: We didn't even touch upon that, you know, just candidly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Have you talked about it?
Speaker 1: No, we haven't. It's just like it makes me think of Donald Trump in a way that like I can't even I just was like, I don't want to even joke about it right now because I'm in such a great mood after my amazing meeting where I figured out the next ten years of my career.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've gotten a few emails.
Speaker 2: That's why he's been absent in this conversations.
Speaker 1: A bunch of projects got renewed for more seasons.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's it's just more work for me, that's it.
Speaker 2: We're going out to drinks after this.
Speaker 1: But so that it was sort of my I was like, I was sad. It made me sad. It's too real, it's too real. But of course I agree with you. Yeah, of course I agree with you.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things too. Yeah, maybe it is the Donald trumpness, but there is something about it what I'm like, it's just so viscerally gross and doesn't speak to me that I'm like.
Speaker 3: Of course, what do I say exactly? I just feel like it's like there was a thing when I was like a teenager. Well, it's like you know that thing once against, Like everyone wants to dress up and it's like the only costume straight guys feel like they can do is like sort of like a rat pack. Yeah, a casino against, which is also ultimately barely a costume, Like it's like a shirt, a white shirts.
Speaker 1: Like when people go as reservoir dogs, like hello.
Speaker 3: Yes, totally, it's like that's nothing, it's nothing at all. But like and then also there was this was a party theme when I was like a teenager that I never went to one, but it was like gangsters and moles, Oh my god, mll So it's like eventually it's like a sex worker.
Speaker 1: A female, Well do you know that it used to be. Now, I don't think this would fly, but it used to be pimps and parties in America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's even more sad, really sad stuff really.
Speaker 1: Great, No, it's bad. And also in Bridget Jones, what was the party she was going to remember?
Speaker 3: She just players and tarts and vickers. That's a British one. Tarts, tarts t a R T s an accent problem because you repeated tot Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Put you really just did an amazing America.
Speaker 3: Well, because I just wanted you to understand. Sometimes there are certain words I have to say so people know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And it's tarts and vicars. Does tart mean wrror?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay absolutely, So that's why she will the play and then everybody or the man got to be extremely clothed.
Speaker 1: Remind me why was it controversial if it was a tarts and vickers party?
Speaker 3: Because there was a mix up. I recently watched it. I recently watched it to get ready for the new one, which I've.
Speaker 2: Heard is great.
Speaker 3: I can't wait anyway, But there was a mix up, so she her dad and also I'll have something else to say about that, which is have you noticed so her dad was played by Jim Broadband, and now Colin Firth is you know. It is obviously the love interest, but he has sort of turned into Jim Broadman in his older age.
Speaker 2: I have to look up a picture.
Speaker 3: I mean, like very handsome, and I love it. I'm not criticizing the way anyone looks everyone, but it's interesting he's become physically he's in the same genre now as Jim Broadback. You know, I do think he could play Jim Broadband.
Speaker 1: Think that happened? Sorry, don't you think that happens with British men? They kind of all grow into Jim Broadband.
Speaker 3: Well this is just like this crazy. No, I'm dead right about this. I'm a double ganger detecture. I can really tell who.
Speaker 2: People looks crazy.
Speaker 3: Well, you're looking at a very recent I didn't he die? Did he die?
Speaker 2: Did he?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 2: He? A whole lot?
Speaker 7: Jim broad Bent a live Bitch's he's alive? That old Yeah, he's like but look, this is not like Colin Firth even like old bigs.
Speaker 3: You have have you been watching Lockerbie?
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 3: That's Colin first, my most recent TV show, where he plays an older version of himself.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, is this some Apple TV?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I see I've just been in Australia, so I've been watching.
Speaker 1: Oh it's an Australian show.
Speaker 3: No, it's a British show.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I think all the TV is the same now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I just got brick Box, so it's a whole new world for Wow.
Speaker 3: I've got brick Box too. I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I One of the horrifying things that happened recently is I kept showing Matthew Catherine Tate sketches that I like, loved as a team and he was not cracking a smile.
Speaker 3: That's That's one of the rest That is one of the worst.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine.
Speaker 3: Don't show people things because yeah, and also don't be shown things because it's really hard. When someone's like, do you like this? Watch it? They're holding the phone. That's bad.
Speaker 2: You have to give them a link and they can watch on their.
Speaker 3: Own time, privately, privately and they can decide what they actually think. It's not fair. Socially, it's not fair, and I think that's for gay and straight people.
Speaker 2: That's universal across.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy that the idea of tartsan vicars, Like there's a version of that every like there's a version in America and in the UK and in Austria.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in the Australian want gangsism also sort of like nineteen twenties, but it's.
Speaker 1: Still like but it's just because for women it's always.
Speaker 3: Doesn't get close.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I have two thoughts about this one. Once I saw a TikTok that was about like, like how every culture invents the dragon, like separate from each other because there's like something about the dragon.
Speaker 3: That medium contrast, of course, and.
Speaker 2: So like this sort of pimps and hose party is the dragon of parties. Every culture comes together to create this eventually, and.
Speaker 3: It's such a sad concept. It really is devastating.
Speaker 2: And then the other thing I want to say is it's are you familiar with the porn category clothed mail, nude male kind of speaks for itself.
Speaker 1: Actually, no, it's.
Speaker 2: Kind of speaks for itself nude.
Speaker 1: I actually could imagine that being and just get one close.
Speaker 2: Sort of like without when gender is removed, you still want clothes mail. Somebody wants to be clothed and one must be naked. No, But the problem is that the gender defines who is clothed the nude, whereas it should be like I want to be the nude male, I want to be the clothes.
Speaker 1: So you're saying clothed as male, unclothed as female.
Speaker 2: Currently in current society, and I think it would be radical if they could choose I want to unclothed or I want to be closed. What we need is basically they're trying to clothe.
Speaker 3: So we need to reduce the theme to clothes.
Speaker 2: Unclothed, clothes on clothed.
Speaker 1: We need gender swapped. Kanye West and Bianca and.
Speaker 3: Sorry where I know?
Speaker 1: And also she's Australian. That's do you know her?
Speaker 2: You ran into her on your parents street.
Speaker 3: I looked at her. She scale, but.
Speaker 1: Like, who's a you know, a famous powerful woman. It's like, Okay, Selena gomezfortunate Sea Gomez should be fully clothed, and then Benny Blanco should be fully nude.
Speaker 2: I just think they should be able to choose. It should be like, you know, who wants to be clothed, he wants to be nude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I think we need to make up for the year, the generation, the generations of Like I think women need to frankly cover up.
Speaker 2: Need to be nude, yes bad, and then once they've done it for maybe one hundred years, and then we can and then we can do everyone choose shoes, then you can choose.
Speaker 1: I also, I really am I'm talking fully nude because I actually don't like well duh.
Speaker 2: The idea that like, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I don't like is like the sort of red carpet fashion right now where it's like men have their arms out or men are only wearing a vest. Like that's a little too uh. It's the word faggy, okay, like whereas if it's new then it's almost like ancient Greek like Olympics, like be.
Speaker 3: A man, not faggy.
Speaker 2: So it's like it's like.
Speaker 1: No, it's like sportsmanship and and and competition, competition, the Atlantic spirit give. I think it's less so than having.
Speaker 2: You know what I loved? Do you remember, like was this like you know, six years ago or something. There was some I forgot. It was like raft Simmons or something who did the suits where it was just the diick hole cut out. Yes, yes, yes, I thought that was kind of genius.
Speaker 3: That's funny, that could be fun Yeah, you'd have to put sunscreen on.
Speaker 2: Of course, get it hard, get it hard to.
Speaker 1: Get literally like some more makeup lady being like, I would.
Speaker 3: Recommend no putting the sunscreen on before you put the suit on, because sometimes putting like a sweater on, you're like, oh no, this sounds green.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so true.
Speaker 3: Really careful stuff like that. Someone who wears sunscreen. Yeah, you never wear sunscreen, Sam, and you've never had a skin check.
Speaker 2: Do not attack him. I wear on screen. I just haven't done it.
Speaker 3: You Okay, great, I don't do.
Speaker 2: When I moved to Los Angeles, California one year ago, I tried to do a daily sunscreen. Yeah, but it gets in my eyes, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Staying us You're using a chemical. You need to use a mineral. It won't burn your eyes. If you do a minerals on screen.
Speaker 1: You just can't get to well.
Speaker 3: You just need to get a Korean sunscreen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you of those?
Speaker 3: You have, Jason? There's just like these special websites where you can get Korean stuff, and I can't remember what they're called. Well, and I called things like style vana ooh.
Speaker 2: I but yeah, I've been trying to end of the game you've got the parties just like it's too late.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've that's wrong. I've aged so much in the last three years. I just look at I growing up. I was always like babyface, baby face, Like I'd be twenty six and people be like, are you in high school and suddenly I age?
Speaker 3: You're ripped?
Speaker 1: No, well it is because the first time I aged was because I lost weight. Because losing weight ages you. Oh yeah, use yes, no one talks about that. Yes. And when I got on ozembic, yeah, I lost weight.
Speaker 3: Once a zampic is made out of is like, well, okay, no, say I will is that like they got it from lizard venom? So it's like, is that the witchiest thing you've ever heard? Is like, if you take a potion made out of lizard venom, you.
Speaker 2: Can hate that? Actually that's so cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I know it's great.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: I think it seems good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. Yeah, I mean as long as diabetic people do not.
Speaker 3: Really give it to them first please.
Speaker 1: But otherwise I think it's a win win for everyone.
Speaker 2: Basically, that's like the fantasy of science that you like can be like, oh, I actually have lizard venom and I took a little bit of it and it actually made me better.
Speaker 1: That said, I would hate to not have an appetite to not like artistry chicken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, now I'm scared. I don't want to offend anyone.
Speaker 1: No, no, no one has ever been offended.
Speaker 3: Everything I love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: We put a disclaimer at the beginning of every episode that says we are not in a place to be place to be packed.
Speaker 3: I'm never in that place.
Speaker 1: Well, you're in the right industry. Should we do our final segment?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Our final segment Claudia is called shout Outs, and in this segment we pay homage to the grand straight oral tradition of the radio shout out. You know, shout out to something and you know, imagine your Tyrrell you're calling into a big radio show. The reason we're both looking very distracted is because we think of them on the spot. I'm really trying to think of one right now.
Speaker 3: So it's like things two things you like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, that's pretty much it.
Speaker 1: Let me think, Let me think, let me think.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Oh I think I can do one?
Speaker 2: Oh please?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, what's up, freaks, the losers. I want to give a shout out to the store in New York that does the genes that I was talking about. It's called the Consistency Project. The Consistency Project on Atlant in Brooklyn. They the best girls there, they will literally they. I went there once, and then I went there against six months later. They remember me by name. They said, George, welcome back, and they and they gave me the most perfect pair of Levi's five oh fives I've ever owned. I was rugg them the other day. I've also gotten a pair of stan Rays there that were fit to my exact measurements. Those are even cheaper. Please support your local small business owned by women who know their way around demand's body non sexually, because I was very comfortable the entire time, and so shout out to the Consistency Project. Go there if you want a nice pair of vintage jeans.
Speaker 2: Oh beautiful. Okay, I don't stop me if I already did this, but it's time. What's up, freaks, losers and yes, perverts. I want to give a huge shout out to my little earring. I you know, for many, many years, I've been like, it's time I should get a little earring. I should get a little earring. Then everyone already had one. I said, okay, it's really good. This clock is tick in. I should get little earring. Finally I pulled the trigger not a second too late. I feel like it's incredible. I feel like my whole look has changed. And I get why people are like, no, it's like fun, like you get like addicted. Because I was like, wow, a big shift, just like that, just one little, one little appointment and there you go. And now I feel that I'm punk rock. I've never been edgier in my life. I am ready to fucking beat up people. And all my normal clothes don't feel so normal anymore because I am a freak weirdo with one little earring xoxo.
Speaker 3: I'm like, hi, great, oh no, now you can go, hi freaks. Everyone got all the pervts out there. I'm going to give a shout out to the cuco I've been making.
Speaker 1: Oh yum.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I love a really weak hot cocoat drink, one that comes with powdered milk, within the within the cana stuff. So I was on a camping well sort of a camping trip. Don't make me explain when I what I mean by And we found we found this hot cocoa the stuff that has the powdered milk within it. And you're meant to add like a lot and you're like, it's meant to be very sweet, but if you do it my way, it's not that sweet at all. You just put a lot of hot water in and it's the perfect wintery chocolatey. Wait at the end of the.
Speaker 1: Day, Wow, do you want to shout out the brand?
Speaker 3: I couldn't tell you what the brand is. A shouldn't look for anything that has cocoa, sugar and milk powder in it, and you're going to put in much less than the instructions tell you to.
Speaker 2: Less is more, you hear exactly.
Speaker 3: It's watery, it's it's like a whisper of chocolate diness and it's barely sweet. And that's what I'm.
Speaker 2: Looking That was electric.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you freaks.
Speaker 2: Damn well, do you.
Speaker 1: Not to be weird of anything you want to promote?
Speaker 3: I actually, seriously don't.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a crazy time in.
Speaker 2: No. Actually, when people have something they want to promote, I'm like enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone can figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Google, Google, Yeah, Mr.
Speaker 3: Exactly, DM me. I'll open it. I'll then swipe across, thinking you can't tail. I've looked at it. Oh man, that's I mean the amount of people I've just accumiliated myself so many times because I've said to so many people, oh my god, just seeing this. Yeah, they have had sane on there for three weeks.
Speaker 2: But maybe they thought you like opened it while driving and suson meta or something.
Speaker 1: It's also like enough with like this sort of surveillance. Yes, I just saw it in the sense that I'm just replying to it exactly.
Speaker 3: It's no one's business what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm also like, well, I'm saying this to someone. I'm trying to make peace with this. We're not perfect, you guys. We're gonna make mistakes.
Speaker 3: Remember when I scowled exactly?
Speaker 2: That was close.
Speaker 3: For a year, I've been thinking times that nice. But now we know you are nice.
Speaker 2: I was nice on the party though, right, but you are like, what what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Like two hours ago, I remember.
Speaker 2: Sure where it was, and I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 3: It on Sunset Boulevard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I tell you something. I wish I remember who this was. Literally two days ago someone told me they saw you in your car and tried to say hi, and you ignored them. Who was it? I will look think back to who I've seen on this trip, but literally, this just happened.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, I'm driving, I'm supposed to the road, right, I'm taking my mirrors exactly, I'm looking for people, for bicyclists. Who was it? I need to know scene, I have to know. Yeah, I'm open to saying hello.
Speaker 3: The thing you have to tell us is like, do you ever like think to you do you find yourself like someone smiling at you and you're like, ew, no, I loses problems. No if I mile back at them.
Speaker 2: I think it's the opposite. I think I'm just like in my head, no idea. I mean, okay, it's not the exact opposite. That's a I misspoke. It's simply different. It's simply different.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: I think I just am in my head and I'm like not thinking about like the public, Like I'm not thinking I'm in public, and so I'm sort of like lost, and then people look at me and I'm sort of like ocience.
Speaker 1: So it is the opposite in the sense that it's not that you think you're better than someone, it's that you think no one would ever notice you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I'm not here, Yeah, but you're so here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you better start acting like it.
Speaker 2: I will never scowl again.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: I can't get I can't get a reputation as a scowler.
Speaker 3: I know you want to shout reputation, okay, yeah, and you might look them up and be like, this is so interesting. But the price has gone up since I it's Margaret Hall.
Speaker 1: Claudia what. Literally two weeks ago we mosted a reel where I was wearing a Margaret House sweater and multiple people ask me where I got my sweater and I had to literally say, it's Margaret Hell. But it was really discounted on Essence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because yeah, I know Essence is the place to get her stuff. Yes, if she even is a real person, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Anything about her. Yeah, but they are the softest sweaters that Mine is more like a turtleneck one, and it's so soft.
Speaker 3: It's just like I really love Angel's whisper exactly. So yes, I do have a Margaret House sweater.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulations. I guess things aren't bad.
Speaker 3: So maybe I do have some secret for Jay, but I'm not shouting them out not here. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: I would love to be sponsored by Margaret Howell because I actually now cannot afford.
Speaker 3: Apparently, so it's a British brand cpently it's huge in Japan.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why does it make sense?
Speaker 1: Because I think it's like simple, simple lines like classic, classic, good taste, not showy, kind of the definition of quiet luxury. I would say, I don't know if we're still using that.
Speaker 3: So it's silent, yeah, even when.
Speaker 2: It's Yeah, it was screaming at us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well at George, Yeah.
Speaker 2: About it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you even like your sweater?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're just thinking about your earring.
Speaker 2: No, you can't do it. I'm being attacked on my own podcast. This is crazy. Rive Oh my god. When George says something, I take credit for it too.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's that's allowed. You can do that.
Speaker 2: Because I imagine if you said I love your sweater, and I was like, and I love your sweater, we're objectified.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: I'd like that to so nice. That's so nice.
Speaker 1: Maybe Australia.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 3: My worries it's too floppy.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, even if it gets floppy, that just means it's like oversize. And you're yeah, and you're like a tiny You're like a girl in college, girl in college, rich girling rich girls.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, this has been a delight. Thank you so much for.
Speaker 3: Doing the Thank you so much. And do you know a secret. I've had a migraine the whole time. No, level two, level three. I took assume a trip down before I got here.
Speaker 2: It's fine, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Also, we can't publicize I mean, you can put it in a podcasts, but we can't publicize that too much because it will remove my excuse of I often say I've got migraines.
Speaker 1: We really appreciate, but I do have one right now.
Speaker 3: It's it's just like this. But I had to come. I've always wanted to be on this show. The first time I saw it made Higgins she posted die for She's to die for and so.
Speaker 1: That was one of our best episodes.
Speaker 3: That was the first time.
Speaker 2: That you called the Ireland trending.
Speaker 1: That's right, and you and I was completely right that Ireland was trending and it's still.
Speaker 3: Is it still trending.
Speaker 1: Now? People are even right there was like a vulture piece or something. People are writing things about how Ireland is having a moment and two years on board.
Speaker 3: I think he's very talented. But I think Paul Mescot was miscasting Gladiated too.
Speaker 1: I didn't seen it.
Speaker 3: It's just like he's too nice to be the Gladiator. I've heard this from other people as well, but I think he's great.
Speaker 1: People have strong opinions. Someone in the city Los Angeles told me that Gladiator two was the worst movie he had seen this year.
Speaker 2: Wow, I heard it was quite bad.
Speaker 3: I liked it. When there were sharks in the coliseum, I love that.
Speaker 2: I want to see that.
Speaker 1: It was really good.
Speaker 2: Sure they should put that into a YouTube video.
Speaker 3: Why doesn't look really I forgot the shout out Juror number two.
Speaker 1: We have to stop all right?
Speaker 2: Bye? Okay, bye bye podcast and now want more?
Speaker 1: Subscribe to our Patreon for two extra episodes a month, discord access and more by heading to patreon dot com, slash Stradio lab.
Speaker 2: And for all our visual earners. Free full length video episodes are available on our YouTube.
Speaker 1: Now get back to Work.
Speaker 2: Stradio Lab is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Created and hosted by George Severs and Sam Taggart.
Speaker 2: Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hans Sonny and Olivia Aguilar.
Speaker 1: Co produced by Bei Wang, Edited.
Speaker 2: And engineered by Adam Avalos.
Speaker 1: Artwork by Michael Failes and Matt Gruff.
Speaker 2: Theme music by Ben Kling