Speaker 1: It's bricking Jeffrey in the morning. Welcome to the second date Update.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I could still be asleep right now, but you.
Speaker 2: Know it is the weekend, and on the weekends we just give you a little treat. Okay, sit back for a little drama, a little fun, maybe some laughter.
Speaker 1: It's all part of your second date Update starting right now.
Speaker 3: We've been covering dating trends for literally over a decade on this show. Wow, long time, and the more we get into them, the more unhinged, untethered and ridiculous they seem to get. Yeah, that's how we like it. Yeah. And if you need an example of how weird it's actually getting, look no further than today's call, when a beautiful woman asked our listener to purposely take her out on a date she would hate.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, why on.
Speaker 3: Earth would she want that? And why would he agree to actually do it? Yes, he says, when you hear what the trend is, it's all gonna make sense. You're gonna hear in your second date update right after this second Date up. Some guys feel this way. I know I do. But as a man, if a person on a dating side ever approaches me and is very forward and direct in their pursuit that sends up alarms. It's funny because it's like, boy, this person must be really messed up if they actually want me.
Speaker 2: Well actually yeah, actually, now that you like pinpoint it to just you and not me in the red flag?
Speaker 3: Did they lose a bet or something? Am I being lured and do a trap of some sort? What is going on with you?
Speaker 5: For work?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But for our listener, Damon, he looked right past those blaring alarms and went forward with a different type of date, a date he says he's never been on before in his life, and he's gone on a lot. So Damon, welcome to the show. What type of date was it?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 5: I was on a dating app.
Speaker 7: With this girl, Marissa, and she called it a contradictory date.
Speaker 3: Contradictory date?
Speaker 4: What is that date?
Speaker 2: Like you do opposite things, You eat dessert and then you work out.
Speaker 5: It was? It was? It was weird.
Speaker 7: I had no idea what I was getting into, and she told me it's kind of like the person and the type of date that you would normally not go on. So it's counter through what you're using.
Speaker 1: So is she.
Speaker 4: Telling you a little offensive to you. Yeah, because basically she's saying you're not my type.
Speaker 7: So that's the thing, is like, Yeah, it was kind of like a backhanded compliment because she was like, nothing about your profile really speaks to me.
Speaker 4: But I'll try it.
Speaker 2: But I mean I can see where like you've been doing the same thing for so long and you're like it's not working on these apps, so let me do they always good?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, maybe what she's saying isn't that like you're bad, It's that I have bad taste, so I need to switch.
Speaker 4: It also feels icky, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well she did say that I was cute, so I took that as a good side.
Speaker 5: She's like, go on a date.
Speaker 4: We usually I go with hot, muscular, but you're sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's like going for a person who're not normally going for. And what was the other part of a contradictory date.
Speaker 7: Well, it was like going for a person but also going four experiences. And her friends apparently told her about this type of date and she was like, screw it, I'll try it. And apparently she was like would I be up for this? And I was like, sure, that sounds interesting experimental?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 1: Well, I out there, So, like, did she explain what was contradicting?
Speaker 2: Like you said, the date itself was even the activity activity is supposed to be.
Speaker 5: Different exactly, So I guess.
Speaker 7: I mean, like from her profile and from her photos and everything, it looked like she was like a really outdoorsy type of person. And don't get me wrong, I like going out, but when I'm going out, I like to do more like urban exploration stuff and go to like bars.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, Well you want to have five bars on your phone signal wherever you're going. That makes sense to me.
Speaker 4: So what did you guys end up doing?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we went out to a bar. We went out to a pool hall, I know.
Speaker 2: And okay, you like, okay, yeah, so it was something new for.
Speaker 7: Really Yeah yeah, because she was like, I want to do stuff that I don't normally do.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe she's not calling you back because she hated it.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, she seemed to enjoy it.
Speaker 7: And it's weird too, because she was like, do something you would normally do, and I would normally go and play pool at this pool hall with my friends, and so she was like, you should also invite your friends so I can like get to know them and everything, and I was like, sure, for a first day it was weird. I mean, don't get me wrong, like that's not how I play it. But at the same time, like she was gong ho about it.
Speaker 2: So I was like, all right, oh my god, what were your friend's reactions when you told them what they were meeting you up and meeting up with you for?
Speaker 7: I mean before the date, they were like, oh my gosh, she's gonna be a catfish or whatever. And then when we got there, and when she got the and we're all playing pool and we were all getting long, they kind of pulled me aside. They were like, dude, she's actually really hot.
Speaker 3: Did the friends sign of approval?
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 7: And so at this first point, I was like, you know, speaking of a contradictory date and everything, I was. I was kind of like, usually on one of my dates at this point, I would have gotten a second base by now.
Speaker 5: So you should contradict yourself.
Speaker 3: If you want to do stuff that you normally don't do, you should start kissing. That's funny.
Speaker 6: Did she.
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 5: She did?
Speaker 4: Laugh, okay, but she didn't kiss you right then?
Speaker 5: No, No, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 3: Okay, So was that the whole date. You guys just did beer and pool with your buddies.
Speaker 7: Well no, So she was actually asking me like, what do you normally do from here? And the game was on, so we went to a sports bar and we're drinking and watching college football.
Speaker 4: I'm sure she asked me you normally do with your friends, not what you normally do on a date.
Speaker 7: You're I mean, she was trying to like kind of get out of her comfort zone.
Speaker 5: Got it. So she was like, how do you normally hang? How do you normally chill? And we can turn that into a date.
Speaker 3: Okay, so maybe it's like Alexis said, it's a fun night with the bros, but nothing necessarily romantic unless I don't know. How did it end?
Speaker 7: So I told her, I mean, you know at that point, I was like, I tell you what, this is an over you owe me at this point. How about I get a contradictory date and I will do all of the things that are outside of my comfort zone and more within your realm.
Speaker 4: I love that. I mean that's cute.
Speaker 5: Try to leave it open.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I've been texting her only like once or twice.
Speaker 5: I'm not trying to be like super pushy about.
Speaker 4: It once or twice an hour.
Speaker 3: I feel like at least you gave her the out, Like even if she had a bad date, she can drag you on a bad date next.
Speaker 1: Like now, it's if you have one bad date who doesn't.
Speaker 4: Want another life.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I would love a bad date with her.
Speaker 3: Let's talk to her, get her on the phone, and try to convince her to take you on the absolute worst date of your entire life when you come back for a second date. Update right after this second date update if you're just joining us. We've been talking to Damon about his contradictory date with Marissa, which is a new thing that we just learned about, where you go out with someone you normally wouldn't go for and do activities you normally wouldn't do.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's a lot of wouldn't in there, you know, Like maybe we just do the one, not both.
Speaker 3: Well, like if we were to do that on our show, jose would run a five k well, he'd walk it, yeah, not even he can't Uber eats guy to do it for you, And Alexis would go out with an American man to a comedy pun off.
Speaker 4: I can't think about oh my god off American speak.
Speaker 3: Oh no, so, but our listener Damon was challenge to do that go on a contradictory date with Marissa, and that consisted of her drinking beers, playing pool, and watching football because she normally doesn't do any of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you regret Damon?
Speaker 1: If?
Speaker 2: Like, because I know now you want her to take you out doing stuff you don't normally do.
Speaker 4: Like, maybe you should have started with.
Speaker 2: That, you know what I'm saying, Like the first date should have been all about things she likes that you have never done.
Speaker 4: Well, it's too late now, bron.
Speaker 3: Try to read through the pity of what she just said. Do you feel like maybe you could have done a better job.
Speaker 7: I mean, don't get me wrong, Like that is a smart idea. I would have gone with that. But at the same time, she was the one that kind of came at me with this notion that's has egged on by her friends.
Speaker 3: So I like that if she didn't like any part of the date, when we call her, were just like, Hey, that's your fault. You wanted this, you brought it upon.
Speaker 4: Yourself, Blame your friends.
Speaker 5: Yes, I wouldn't throw it in her face like that.
Speaker 3: But well I will. You don't have to. I'm gonna call her right now and we're gonna make her feel bad if she didn't.
Speaker 4: Have a good Is that what we're gonna do.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll convince her to take you on the worst date ever. That was what you want?
Speaker 5: Worst date ever?
Speaker 3: Let's go, Okay, let's make you hate this. We're going to do it.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hey is this marissah is Hey Marissa? I think that you think? You said?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah she did, she said it is.
Speaker 3: Her phone's not great. But Marissa, you're on the radio right now with a show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Hi, what's happening right now?
Speaker 3: What's happening is a segment that we do on the show called a second Date Update.
Speaker 6: Hey, you're on.
Speaker 4: The show, congratula show.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't try to be positive, jeff it's not coming through.
Speaker 3: It sounds very sarcastic, but no, we are. We're all.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to try anymore.
Speaker 3: That's the spirit broke anyway, Marissa. We actually are excited to talk to you because we've spoke earlier to a guy that you went on a date with named Damon.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: Man, we'd say somebody else's name.
Speaker 8: At first, I.
Speaker 6: Don't know what I was. I was hoping. You guys have caught me so off guard.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's okay. I mean maybe you're just kind of taking it all in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we're contacting you for a good reason because Damon said he had a really nice time with you. He actually told us about the whole idea, which we thought was really interesting. You wanted to do a contradictory date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: Kind of silly we heard about it. It was interesting.
Speaker 2: I mean I got to say good for you for proposing this and telling him you're not someone that would normally go for and then having him still agree to a date.
Speaker 6: I felt so bad saying it, but you know, I wanted to be upfront with him, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wasn't insulted at all.
Speaker 1: He was actually really excited about you know how different you were.
Speaker 3: We're just trying to get a vibe of, like, what did you think about your contradictory day? Did you have a good time?
Speaker 6: I actually did.
Speaker 7: Have a good time.
Speaker 6: I mean this was not my idea, right, It was my friends who suggested it. I thought they were insane, but clearly what I was doing wasn't working for me anyway, So I was like, Okay, we'll just try something. And it was probably the most relaxed date I've ever been on.
Speaker 4: Well that's that's great news.
Speaker 6: Normally, like it was hanging out, it was watching sports, it was you know, going to bars and like, you.
Speaker 4: Know, oh my gosh, wait were your friends right?
Speaker 1: Was this like something to get you out of your comfort zone and find some of you actually?
Speaker 6: Like yeah, I mean I didn't want it to be.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh my god, but you did have a good time.
Speaker 6: I'm like embarrassed to say that I did have a good time.
Speaker 3: Why aren't you calling Damon back? If you guys had a blast together?
Speaker 4: What's embarrassing about it?
Speaker 6: Well, he's he is normally not not my type. That's not something that I've ever done before. I feel like we just like leapt to the like the third date, you know, where you just get to hang out, you know what I mean. It was so it was so chill and it was so comfortable, and I don't know what to do with that. That's like not what I'm used to.
Speaker 1: You know, it freaks you out that you are so comfortable with him? Is that what you're getting to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess does that sound crazy?
Speaker 3: So now you want to go back to your normal type.
Speaker 1: The ones that make are really uncomfortable on edge and.
Speaker 3: You're not having fun or everything, you don't feel like yourself.
Speaker 6: Well when you put it that way, it doesn't sound so good, doesn't.
Speaker 3: But that's not that sounds like what you're saying you want.
Speaker 6: Isn't that what dating should be?
Speaker 3: No? Well, like, yes, for a little bit, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think that when you meet somebody that you feel more yourself with than anyone else, then that's the sign.
Speaker 1: That that could be it like, that could.
Speaker 2: Be the person you're supposed to be with. I don't know about forever, but at least for right now.
Speaker 6: You saying that actually scarcely a lot.
Speaker 5: Are you doing?
Speaker 3: Why are you scaring the women on the phone, we're talking about them feeling good just because you like rush into anything.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, people for like two years and we're still not dating.
Speaker 3: If you want to feel like uncomfortable and like you don't know what's going on, then let me do this to you and surprise you by telling you Damon's been secretly listening to this conversation. Wanting to talk to you. Doesn't that freak you out? O?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 7: Uh so it sounds like you were shocked that you had such a good time with me.
Speaker 6: Huh Oh yeah, I didn't expect to, but I did. I mean, like, nothing in my body says.
Speaker 9: Like I should have had a good time, but I I mean, I've kind of been thinking about you, which is weird.
Speaker 3: Damon, you're making her feel too comfortable.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm kind of blushing on my end. I mean, I'm glad I've made you feel good. I'm sorry that apparently other dates haven't made you feel good.
Speaker 3: She doesn't want to, she doesn't want to enjoy your time.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, you are so cute.
Speaker 7: Are you opening to feel more good in the future, because I, like I said at the end of our date, I'm down to have a contradictory day the other way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you around a bad date like you want it, or you just tell them to treat you poorly all night long, because.
Speaker 6: That would definitely make me feel more comfortable.
Speaker 1: One of my sure friends as a shirt says, don't be mean, it turns me on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, damon, are you capable of that? Can you be the opposite of what you normally are.
Speaker 7: I mean, that would be way outside my own comfort zone. And that's not exactly what I had in mind for a contradictory date.
Speaker 5: But if that's what you's into, it's.
Speaker 3: Different, that's awesome. It is possible. Like Brooks said that, maybe there's a chance you two are just made for each other opposite.
Speaker 4: They do say that, So this contradicting thing may.
Speaker 3: Be onto something makes me sick to say it. But yeah, you guys sound cute, and that's contradictory to everything that I believe in. So yeah, I mean, this is disgusting. Yeam, I want to get off the phone with these two. I will.
Speaker 5: I'm wondering. I'm wondering if Marissa has been out with you before, mister.
Speaker 3: I mean, she's not my type, so yeah, likes him now. Anyway, Look, we want to send you guys out on another date. That's the whole reason that we called you, Marissa. We will pay for it if you say yes.
Speaker 4: If you don't say yes, I'm going to call all your girlfriends. I'm gonna let them know are listeners.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, all my girlfriends are going to start dating this way. This is going to be crazy. I think they would kill me if I if I said no. So, Gamon, I would like to go on another date with you.
Speaker 3: It's so cute, it's disgustingly beautiful. Congratulations too.
Speaker 7: I'm so excited to go on the worst date of my life.
Speaker 6: I will do whatever I can to make it terrible.
Speaker 4: This is the wrong come we needed.
Speaker 3: Yes, rooking Jeffrey in the morning. Was that the most sweetest, touching second date update we've done all year?
Speaker 4: Yes? And my soul needed that. It was so good. Look, there's hope for love out there. People don't give up.
Speaker 1: Try something new, try something different.
Speaker 4: You can do it right.
Speaker 3: Tell me you don't want to hear a part three from these two. Get an update update. I don't know if I could stomach.
Speaker 1: It unless they go on the second date and it's terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, heartbroken. I want to know is that she gonna have just as much fun as he.
Speaker 3: This is just making all of our single listeners feel bad listening to stuff like this.
Speaker 4: Did you give him hope?
Speaker 3: Nobody wants hope?
Speaker 4: Yes, jeff wants.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, if you do have any hope left, yikes. But you can always email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey Broken.
Speaker 5: Jeff Free in the morning.
Speaker 3: During the many years of us doing calls with listeners, we've seen all sorts of endings for second dates. Yeah, but there's been romantic ones, disappointing ones, even unresolved mysterious endings like even though he only had one foot, why did he have two shoes in his closet? Try to connect the dots.
Speaker 10: You can't do it left hand right or why?
Speaker 3: But today the entire studio was surprised by the very unpredictable way that our phone call finished. And I think our texters will all agree it's seven eight, five, nine to two. The majority of the blame goes to Brook. Yeah, to voice your opinion as long as it's in agreement with mine, or I will block you.
Speaker 4: You it's probably your fault.
Speaker 3: There she goes again, what happened? You're gonna find out in your second date update, next second date updated. Dating in today's world feels like a big competition to see who has the best looking profile with the most compelling bio and the least corny pickup lines. I mean, it's tough to find a real authentic love connection now. And that's why it's no surprise most of our listeners who fail to get a second date turned to inflated date.
Speaker 4: And that's that.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to go into what that is.
Speaker 1: That is inflation at first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is a one hundred percent success rate with inflated date. I just I hope that our new friend Nathan doesn't go down.
Speaker 10: That way as long as no needles or sharp objects.
Speaker 3: Or welcome to the show to tell them what's in your Amazon cart right now? And it better not come with a small hand pump, Nathan, you're with your late a date right now. I didn't want to interrupt.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, I'm all good. I can okay.
Speaker 10: Later, just imagine flying around.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get back to her. First, tell us about the real lady that you connected with the other day. What's her name?
Speaker 5: So I met this beautiful girl on hinge right?
Speaker 3: Her name?
Speaker 5: Her name is Jessica.
Speaker 4: Jessica. Okay, what'd you like about her?
Speaker 5: You know, really everything, But let me suffer the begin Let's talk how how we met?
Speaker 3: Okay, the hinge, I feel like Hinge go back farther started typing in my bias.
Speaker 5: So basically how it all started was, Uh, I left a comment of one of her pictures. She was wearing these boots and it made me think of Reno nine one one. So I just said, new bootoo, new bootoo goofin.
Speaker 9: We love that.
Speaker 1: Nobody's heard that joke, but I still like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just google boot goofing.
Speaker 4: It's great what you're talking about.
Speaker 8: Funny.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, isn't that show at twenty years old?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Clip is still I caught it and I've seen like TikTok and Instagram.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people use it when they boot goofin.
Speaker 3: I mean, you guys are missing out, bro, It's funny to somebody out there, hysterical. Millions of people are laughing right now, okay, jealous, just no one in this room. But so Jessica liked that, She liked the new boot laughed like comb it it excuse me, butcher the hilarious joke.
Speaker 5: They bonded over it.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's good. That's good. Take my cynicism away, and it sounds like you guys have a good connection. Tell me more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so uh we ended up meeting up.
Speaker 1: Of course, did she wear the boots when you first hear her?
Speaker 5: No, no, she's not wearing boots. But she was wearing these sunglasses and uh fuzzy rush.
Speaker 3: Of the hat Russian hat when you met up.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And do you look with your Russian spy Russian spy.
Speaker 10: Like no, not like a hotter elmer fud hat. It's like a stovepipe hat without the brim.
Speaker 3: Okay, So and you like that?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, she's got.
Speaker 3: Her own style. What did you guys do?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, we talked about music at first. Was going for a walk and record player.
Speaker 4: Okay, so she's like vintage. She likes vintage stuff exactly.
Speaker 5: So obviously I'm thinking, let's let's go to a record store.
Speaker 3: Good idea.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: What was it like going to a record store with a real girl instead of an inflatable one? Is any good time?
Speaker 4: He didn't have to turn her sideways?
Speaker 5: Nice?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just messing with you telling me what were some highlights from the record store?
Speaker 5: Well, I picked an album for her?
Speaker 4: Okay, what'd you pick?
Speaker 5: The Bat and Forever soundtrack from ninety five?
Speaker 10: Interesting is that the one with Jack Nicholson as a joker.
Speaker 3: Again with the thirty year old references.
Speaker 4: If she's never like was the penguin?
Speaker 3: Remember, I don't think I was alive and.
Speaker 10: In ninety five, you were alive in ninety five, Jeff, Okay, Alexis wasn't.
Speaker 3: Definitely, I've been a dead inside since my birth, So I don't know. Did she approve of Batman Forever?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she liked it. She liked it, Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: And it's nice to buy a little gift on their date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's just a little gift. There's nothing, nothing crazy, right.
Speaker 3: So what happened after the record store?
Speaker 5: So after a record store, we went to a candy store.
Speaker 4: Oh the stores.
Speaker 10: Okay, you feel a little bit like a teenage date from that one sixty two.
Speaker 3: And then we were roller skating.
Speaker 5: And we got a bunch of lollipuffs.
Speaker 4: That's like the worst candy in there. There's like a million things. Are you guys vibing?
Speaker 5: No, No, I'm telling you. I was nervous. I was really nervous.
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 5: It was like when I was at the candy store, we had I have for different types of candies in my hands, and I dropped a few of them on the ground and what you know, she asked me if I was nervous and if I'm feeling.
Speaker 4: Okay, what'd you sayikes?
Speaker 5: I just said, yeah, I'm doing good. You know, I'm just excited to be here with her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were just like high. It sounds like the date didn't go like maybe the way you hoped that it would go in your mind, That's what I'm trying to say, or how anybody's date would ever want to go in their minds too. But you made the best of it. I mean, she didn't seem mad though or anything.
Speaker 5: She seemed mad, but it kind of ended abruptly. She you know, she had plans to go out with friends at night.
Speaker 3: So so it seems like your intentions were there.
Speaker 1: It just sounds like the nerves, the nerves got the best of you.
Speaker 10: There it is, Yeah, and it just was maybe a turn off, do you think for her?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it has to because she's not responding like she was before. How long has it been It's been a week.
Speaker 4: Okay, hmmm.
Speaker 3: Did she at least take home the Batman album?
Speaker 5: She did?
Speaker 3: Okay, there you go, that's one small victory.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 3: We're gonna try and get a couple more and hopefully another date. Get the pump ready just in case we don't think about it. Yeah, so we're gonna do it. Get your second date update. Right after this second date update. While we were waiting, I looked up the Batman Forever soundtrack from nineteen ninety five, and the main title on there is kiss from a Rose from the artist's seal.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was when he was married to Heidi Klum back in the day.
Speaker 9: Do you remember that?
Speaker 3: When I play this song, Brooke and you hear it, what does it make you think of from your life? What flashback are you having right now?
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm a shoot high dance all over again.
Speaker 3: Oh which teacher are you slow dancing?
Speaker 4: Mister Polt? Obviously?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly those history boys. This song makes me think of my underwear, my blue Batman on these from when I was six. In fact, I'm sure as we speak, my mom is going to be sending pictures of me wearing them to all your Facebook messengers because she loves listening to this and embarrassing me wherever and whenever she a Brew chat and.
Speaker 1: She's the only one talking, She's really going to get us flat.
Speaker 3: But I bring up Batman Forever because Nathan bought his date the Batman Forever soundtrack while they were at the record store before they went and hit up the candy store to get some lollipops. But what what is it about Jessica that made you want to email us today, Nathan? What what is so special about her?
Speaker 5: You know, sometimes you just feel like someone was the one.
Speaker 2: Whoa I thought you're just going to say, like she was super attractive, like the chemistry.
Speaker 5: I built a lot of threes than fours. But she's the number one.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe maybe, mister Holt, you were the one broke.
Speaker 4: Mister yeah, for legal reasons.
Speaker 3: Thank god, I'm not looking back into the past. Let's move forward into the future and hopefully get you another date here with Jessica. I'm in a dollar number right now here we go. Hello, Hey is this Jessica? Yes, Hey Jessica, She answered, Hi, it's meant to be or maybe I'm sorry?
Speaker 9: What is this about?
Speaker 3: This is about love today because you're on a radio show right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: What okay?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: I like you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, You're you're go with the float type of woman.
Speaker 6: It sounds like I try, I try.
Speaker 3: Well, we're reaching out on behalf of one of our listeners who you hung out with the other day about a week ago. His name is Nathan.
Speaker 6: Oh, I thought I made one something?
Speaker 4: Okay, what oh you thought you wanted something? So you were the one not you won? Amusing it is.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about Nathan?
Speaker 8: He seems like a nice enough guy, but not for me. There was some strangeness happening there.
Speaker 4: So he said he was super nervous, and that.
Speaker 8: Would be okay, but like that's not the part that kind of concerned me where I just left.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because so you didn't have plans with your friends like you told him. No one ever actually has plans with their friends.
Speaker 5: Sometimes that's just.
Speaker 8: The emergency exit that and like, yeah, okay, well that's disappointing to hear, but it's okay.
Speaker 3: Like, if you're not interested in him, that's totally up to you to feel that way. But maybe you could help Nathan understand if he made any mistakes that night, or if there's anything he could do better just in the dating world.
Speaker 8: Yeah right, yeah, I mean it was a nice state, Like we went to a record store and he bought me the Batman album, which was like really sweet of him. But then he says to me, sometimes I think this city is like Gossam descending into darkness.
Speaker 4: What he handed you the album he was trying to ban.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like he was the Batman.
Speaker 8: And then way it gets worse, and then he brings up that sometimes he likes to drive around by.
Speaker 6: Himself at night and call the cops on people who are breaking the law.
Speaker 4: Oh who does he break the law? I'm just curious, Like.
Speaker 8: He didn't super elaborate, and I was so shocked.
Speaker 6: I was just kind of like, oh, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you're you're pro crime, you don't want you want to crime.
Speaker 8: No, I just don't really picture like the man in my life zooming around.
Speaker 9: The city at two am, catching the guys.
Speaker 1: You do show bar the sign says they're closes. Okay, okay, wait, this could have been a joke that didn't hit right.
Speaker 8: Maybe he was a little too comic con like, and I leave then like I kept going, I said, okay, So then we went to the store and.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean he mentioned that you guys went to a candy store and were thinking about buying some lollipops.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the straw that just ended it. It was like there were five lollipops and he's like, oh, this is how many kids we would be having.
Speaker 4: What Oh no.
Speaker 5: That's not first date energy.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, definitely thinking.
Speaker 1: I'm just really hoping he was trying to be funny.
Speaker 3: Because he is on the other line listening, wanting to talk to you, lurking in the dark on the dark phone.
Speaker 5: Are you there?
Speaker 4: Hello, Hi, Hi, Hi, That was truth, Nathan Hot.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I mean I like to do that. I like to make sure the city's safe.
Speaker 10: Wait what, Okay, you actually do you actually drive around at night and call the cops on people.
Speaker 5: It's just not every night, but you know they need help. They're understaff. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 3: Okay, who do you call the cops on?
Speaker 5: You know, like the other day I saw like some guy who looked like he was drinking out called his cars, so I called the cops on him.
Speaker 4: How could you tell that.
Speaker 5: It was a glass bottle? There was a school nearby. You know, I had to do my due diligence.
Speaker 3: So you really do that? We we thought maybe you were joking, just in light of buying the Batman soundtrack but that's a real thing you do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a real thing, and it's not as weird as it sounds. It's actually very helpful.
Speaker 3: Okay. Neighborhood watches changed a lot since I was a kid on the book. Calls the cops on the kids in her neighborhood. But at least she's doing it in the daytime. I do not.
Speaker 10: It just sounds like maybe that's more of a nuisance to them than anything.
Speaker 5: But they never told me that.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I mean it is kind of brave to go out put yourself in the middle of crime. Well he's he's not really putting himself. He's just calling the cops on the criminals. He's parking adjacent.
Speaker 4: To It's like dating a hall monitor. What sounds like a man is when I'm here.
Speaker 5: This is weird that you think it's a red flag. It's not bad what I'm doing, sweetie.
Speaker 8: It's like a carnival of flags, a carna.
Speaker 3: I know, it sounds like a good time.
Speaker 5: Actually, all I care about is safety, and that's not a weird thing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, if we've learned anything about from talking to women on the show, it's that they usually like more dangerous men. They're not really into the safe bet.
Speaker 4: That's just their actual job, not like.
Speaker 3: That's a good poor like have you considered like trying to be a cop.
Speaker 5: It's a little too dangerous for me. I'd rather just stay back and call on my cell phone.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: Okay, might be the next best step.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah. We all have a job to do, and you know that's my job.
Speaker 4: It's not your job.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 3: He has five future kids that he has to take care of.
Speaker 4: So I've gotten to why would you bring that up on a date? Were you trying to?
Speaker 5: Well, one, am I not supposed to talk about my expectations for my future family?
Speaker 10: I mean, wait until somebody asks.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, I can see where you're going wrong because in your head, you're protecting your community. You're a family man that wants.
Speaker 5: Shove it up your wha.
Speaker 3: You don't know.
Speaker 5: No, you're telling me everything I want is wrong. You know, all I want to do is communicate what I want for my future family.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right.
Speaker 4: He's also very open to criticism.
Speaker 3: Just take a breath, Okay, Nathan, just slow down a little bit. We're not coming after you or your your datings ale that it just doesn't seem to be working with what Jessica wants out of her. Man.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, So Jessica wants a giant.
Speaker 3: And if she does, that's totally okay. That's her decision to date that spineless man.
Speaker 4: Dude, you are so right on the Carnival of Flags.
Speaker 7: Just thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Well, we'd like to send you back to the carnival, and we pay for it on another date.
Speaker 6: Me feel so much better about everything.
Speaker 3: Like face, he's like the.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 3: You go on a midnight ride along in a cop car and we'll pay for it. You have a car car, We'll give him a little flashy light, yeah, to put on top of it.
Speaker 5: I'm not interested. I'm not interested anymore. Okay, making fun of me?
Speaker 4: You called the wrong show. I don't know what that's what we Let's.
Speaker 3: Not infuriate the man who calls the cops on everybody. We like you. I like you at least all right than all right.
Speaker 5: I know where your studio is located.
Speaker 3: If you're going to keep someone's car, Key Brooks, it's an electric Kia.
Speaker 4: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: You know, I think Nathan did bring up a good point during that call.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't. He didn't bring up any good one.
Speaker 7: He did.
Speaker 3: He said, stop making fun of me, which I agree, Brook, knock it off. It's supposed to be an uplifting, supportive morning show, and there you are mocking a grown man who calls the police on people drinking in their cars while he's hanging out with his inflatable girlfriend in the passenger seat. What's funny about that? Brook, Cindy, should we call the cops on that man? Stop looking shocked and answer name? Is that funny to you? Brook?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: The segment is officially getting out of control. We got to go back to our roots, helping people, not mocking them.
Speaker 1: Well, if they were so mockable, maybe it wouldn't be a problem.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey, I mean that guy seriously.
Speaker 3: I'll expect better from you tomorrow. Brook, I want you to go home and think about what you've done. For more of our brand new Second Date updates, you can head over to our website Brooknjeffrey dot com to hear them. We're also putting them up on our YouTube.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, you're learning your lessons. Check it out online, Brookjeffrey dot com.