Speaker 1: From Los Angeles, pH PAN.
Speaker 2: And one and only Pez Kilt.
Speaker 1: Why, Hello, and welcome to the PHP. My name would be Chris Booker. That's Fores Hilton. How are you, sir?
Speaker 2: I'm good, But I'm just looking at the topics that we're going to discuss today and people that I love, well, I don't love Blake Lively, but people that I love.
Speaker 3: That are getting a lot of negative attention. This week. We're gonna be talking Katie.
Speaker 2: Perry, a lot going on there, also Jojo Siwa even more going on there. Plus, like I mentioned, the latest dramas plural with Blake Lively, Gigi Hadid coming in with a with a surprise and something very positive though, and we will even be talking a no more than a couple I think possibly three sports stories.
Speaker 1: I was wondering if you were going to bring up the whole.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm just wondering, not much any names, why because it's a tease, and I didn't say what sports story.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about? Well, everyone knows, No, not everybody knows.
Speaker 1: I think everybody in the world has the Internet and noticed that one person dominated the entire Internet this weekend.
Speaker 2: I said multiple sports stories. I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: I can guess the second one.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well we'll get to it.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to talk about it. I was the thinking of I was like, I wonder if Perez is gonna because you are like on top of all pop culture and there were some very big sports pop culture things this weekend. But I'm glad to see we're talking about it. I'm prepped and ready.
Speaker 3: Yeah, multiple ones, I said, Okay, how am I? I'm good.
Speaker 2: I went to see the ballet this weekend. I took my son to a food festival. We got haircuts, I spoke, Oh my god. Actually I don't get nervous speaking ever, but I was nervous this weekend because I was asked. I was invited to speak at the suicide Prevention Walk and I'm like, why are you asking me to talk at the suicide Prevention Walk? And I'm like, I can't. I feel like I can't say no to that. I mean, why would I say no to that? But I'm like, do I make sense there? Like?
Speaker 3: What will people think of me?
Speaker 1: What's your point of view? Like, what's your tie into that exactly? And what do you say?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The woman who invited me just said I just really want a celebrity to go there, and I'm like, oh, okay, I'll be there. And then I was like, you know what I said. I was just I was like, let me just be honest with everybody.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know what.
Speaker 2: I don't get nervous usually, but I was so nervous preparing for today, and like, what am I going to say? What am I not going to say? So I thought, you know what, let me just focus today on being a cheerleader for the organizers of this event, which is a very important thing, and to celebrate the work that they've put into this, and to also celebrate you all because people are busy.
Speaker 3: You know, you're busy. I'm busy. We're all busy.
Speaker 2: But this is very important and an opportunity for connecting and community and healing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well done.
Speaker 2: So anyways, busier than I would have liked weekend, But a good weekend and I'm grateful to be here and alive.
Speaker 3: How was your weekend?
Speaker 1: Very good? What did I do? I went to David Busters. That's what I did this weekend.
Speaker 3: Fun.
Speaker 1: That was my Saturday. I cooked yesterday and made some birds. That's kind of my weekend. Nothing crazy, watched a lot of sports. I was obsessed with the NFL Draft. I was really in on that this weekend. But uh yeah, fun weekend.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's start off with some somber things and then we'll work our way towards more selations, but briefly making a lot of news in the gay community. And you know, I think I've said this before, and you know, this is why I don't give a fuck like I'll I know that most of our audience is women, and I love women, but I missed the days of going to a drag show and not being eighty five percent women. Women love drag and that's okay, we welcome you. But I just miss I want safe spaces. I don't want like all the bachelorette parties and shit, it's like there should be like drag shows just for those audiences. I feel like, I don't know, but making a lot of news. This drag race alum Jiggly Galliente passed away.
Speaker 3: At forty four years old.
Speaker 2: She had an infection recently that just a few days ago resulted in her losing a leg, and sadly, it seems like things quickly took a turn for the worst and she passed away, so positive vibes to all of her loved ones and her fans. Also, the whole Gene Hackman of it all continues to blow my mind. Really, every time I thought that story is dead, it resurrects like Jesus, and there's more to it. Over the weekend, authorities in Santa Fe released a final autopsy for Gene Hackman that revealed a lot more information. But I would say the most surprising revelation for me, if I'm if I read it correctly, is that Gene, and this makes sense, Gene Hackman died of starvation. How tragic. Yeah, he died of starvation. The acetone. I'm not a doctor, but the acetone levels in his body were much higher than normal and actone. Yes, it is a solvent. That people used it like you to take off nail polish and shit like that.
Speaker 1: Your body makes it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, your body also makes it, especially if you're going through prolonged periods of fasting or starvation. The guy had advanced Alzheimer's, which was confirmed in the in the autopsy, and his wife died a week before him.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. It is also sad. It is also sad oh crazy.
Speaker 2: Also, I don't want us to get political, but every once in a while, if there is something that I deem important that we need to talk about. Let's go that one judge in Wisconsin who was arrested for helping an undocumented immigrant. I'm not approving of anything that the immigrant did or didn't do. All I'm saying is it's fucking illegal to just arrest that job.
Speaker 3: That's just that's not how it works.
Speaker 1: They don't care, and people do not care. People signed up for this.
Speaker 2: But if you think, if you're the president or the attorney general, you think the judge did something illegal, you handle it in legal ways.
Speaker 3: It's so grave.
Speaker 1: There's crazier things going on, and there's more craziness coming. I know people voted for this.
Speaker 3: We'll see what happens there.
Speaker 1: I've read the approval numbers this morning. I mean they are the lowest that we've seen in modern times for a preas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I read that, but I don't know if I believe in polls.
Speaker 1: I believe in where the economy is and where he said it was going to be. And no one's approving of this, and you know, he's the businessman and he's going to fix the economy. Is it going in the right direction.
Speaker 3: No, he doesn't give a shit.
Speaker 1: He doesn't care. He never cared in the first place. Everybody's been screaming that from the mouth totops. This is a very fixable thing. Tax the rich, it's all you had to do. They'll never do that, though. Corporations run this country.
Speaker 2: And they've already started to demonize Alexandria Ocassio Corte.
Speaker 3: Course everybody.
Speaker 2: I used to think that way too, but she's fucking really grown on me over the last few years.
Speaker 1: I like her, but she's not the answer. She's part of the answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think she's the answer either.
Speaker 2: All right, onto less toxic but still polarizing, well pretty toxic.
Speaker 3: Still.
Speaker 2: Blake Lively, Blake Lively, that very influential. Blake Lively showed up at Time magazine's Time one hundred event where she, you know, was honored for.
Speaker 3: Being so influential, and.
Speaker 2: She used her speech there as an opportunity to, at the behest of her mother, share her mother's very personal story of almost being unlived.
Speaker 1: Unlived that's not a word.
Speaker 2: That's the social media lingo for schmurdered schmurdered. It really sucks. I hate the state of social media. Before I wrote some words to accompany the post of myself from the weekend where I spoke at the suicide Prevention Walk, I said, should I not mention the word suicide even though it's the suicide Prevention Walk? Because I know that post is not going to get as much reach because it has the S word in it, suicide. It's so depressed.
Speaker 3: I'm so depressed in social media in twenty twenty five, you.
Speaker 1: Know, And I see it on TikTok, and I've been realizing that people don't say certain words sometimes and I'm always like, what's up with that? And I didn't realize that you can't.
Speaker 3: I guess, no, you can, you just won't get as much reach.
Speaker 1: But that's what I mean. It's just weird that the people I follow have to skirt around language when it's mostly innocent.
Speaker 2: Anyways, How can I be compassionate here because there's a possibility that what Blake Lively shared is true. However, there's a lot of skeptics out there that don't believe this story about Blake Lively's mother, right, I would say that I'm agnostic. I would say that, you know, somebody made an accusation, and I think it could be true, and I think it could not be true.
Speaker 3: I'm in the middle here.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think there's any reason to delve into whether it's true or not true. It's more about the timing of her doing this, Like you did a whole movie about domestic violence and you don't bring it up. Then you tell the girls to put their fucking florals on and you know, bring your best drinks out and your besties then. But now it's all serious and you know this happened to my mother and my voice, and I get why people are turned off by the timing of it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if the word a parent I'm struggling to say.
Speaker 3: It's a possible there we go.
Speaker 2: It's a possible distraction, you know, deflection pr moment.
Speaker 3: But it's weird because it didn't work. Think it didn't work.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you think that someone if that was the plan, someone would say to her, let's follow that rabbit down the hole. This is a bad idea. Is this something that she decided to do or is this something that her PR people decided that maybe she should talk about here because all across the board, I think this is a bad idea. There was a time to bring this up. I don't think this was the place for that.
Speaker 2: I would say this was either her idea or Ryan Reynolds's idea, because I don't believe a crisis communications expert would think this was smart. I don't because the ungrewhelming majority of people did not respond favorably to this revelation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, look, she's a villain and there's no getting that stink off of her. Now, it's not going to happen. She exudes ick and I've said it before, go away, lady, go away. But they're not gonna listen.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say something that you are usually the one to say, which is this is just on social media though, Like if she were out and about, people would want to go up to her and take selfies. People wouldn't be heckling her, like hey, Blake, what about Justin Baldoni.
Speaker 3: I don't think that would happen in the real world.
Speaker 1: I think it would be fleeting. I think that there would be the asshole that has a phone and would hold it up and try to get a response. And I do believe that there would be Papa Rozzi reporters, if you know what I mean, those people trying to get their moment that they could sell. I think that would exist. But overall, you're right. I mean, I'm watching her at this soccer match. She's out there taking selfies with people, and they're exactly you know, they just met Queen Elizabeth. Yeah, but that's people and fame in general. Everyone's full of shit. Everyone's got fake muscles when it comes to the internet. Everyone says what they're thinking in the back of their mind on the Internet, but they don't really believe it.
Speaker 2: Well, she was in the UK for her husband's soccer team and they won, and they're that much closer now to the Premier League, and her time there definitely seemed to be appreciated.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I saw all of the people there, happy that she was there and all of that. And just although I didn't see this, somebody said it in a comment either on the message board or somewhere else that I posted, or that I saw. Did you see did she pose for pictures with her booze brand on the soccer field?
Speaker 1: You know, somebody, I think I saw the words boozy whatever. But yeah, I believe she did. Oh god, I mean that doesn't shock me though, And look, I would say this, she didn't kill anybody. No, she is just wrapped up in a frivolous lawsuit and that's all that this is. And I do think at the end of the day this all will be forgotten because there's no real quote crime here. This is just ridiculousness on her part leaning into this thing. But this thing is making her famous. This thing has got her on the Time one hundred Most Influential People list. Whether that means anything or not, the answer is not. By the way, it's put her in a stratosphere of conversation. That's whether you're a villain or your beloved. That equals hits and money and brand value and blah blah blah. Because at the end of the day, like you said, everyone will come down and take their picture with you. I don't think she cares.
Speaker 3: Yes, she was always just the B lister.
Speaker 2: She was always just Ryan Reynolds's wife or Taylor Swift's best friend. And in a way this has now elevated her, even if it isn't too villain category, She's now an A list villain. That's for fucking sure, yeah, also in the villain category. And I would have never predicted this, but in the minds of many. I still won't say most, but perhaps most. Katy Perry is now a villain. There is literally nothing she can do where she will win in twenty twenty five. It's so wild because she keeps on misfiring and miscalculating and thinking that the public is going to respond one way and they respond the complete opposite way. Like, I'm sure Katy Perry thought that whole Blue Origin flight would have been received warmly and like, oh, you're doing something for the for young women and inspiring the blah blah. No, it wasn't received that way. And then I'm sure in the back of her mind and she thought, well, that didn't go very well for me. But you know what, I'm about to kick off my tour. It's a lot of hits on the tour. People are gonna love this. No, She's gone super viral all over social media in every platform, millions upon millions of views and dozens of videos of her being seemingly cringe and bad and people leaving ninety plus percent negative comments. However, I'm not one of those people. I watched the entire thing on YouTube, and sure are there some moments of cringe, Yes, but it's a great show. It's a huge production. She did not cheap out on her fans. There are multiple moments of lovettage, like actually she spends most of the show flying, like there's all these contraptions and this and that, and like she could have made way more money every night had she not spent so much on production, but she wanted to give her fans a big show. And I think if you are a Katy Perry fan and you like all of those hits, and she's got so many fucking hits, and you go see this show, you won't leave feeling disappointed.
Speaker 1: Right, I think, especially in other countries as well.
Speaker 2: I'm getting an awful sense of deja vu from twenty twenty four. And I know that some of you might fight back on this, but I do think that there is a layer of misogyny here because it reminds me so much of Jennifer Lopez and.
Speaker 1: How by that.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of it is also tied to monetization on social media. Creators know that Katy Perry is so toxic right now that if they make a video about her, or even share a clip of her, it'll get a lot of attention and make them a lot of money. So then it just becomes this pile on effect, and I don't think is necessarily fair or even a reflection of the truth. Like it's a great show.
Speaker 1: Well let's go back a conversation, and it's the same thing. I think. There's always an Internet villain, There's always going to be a story, There's always going to be a pylon somewhere. It's just part of social media and how people communicate with one another, Like you need to have something to shit on to participate in the Internet. That's what makes it so toxic social media. I agree with everything you said. I think the Jennifer Lopez of it all is the perfect kind of comparison because they've stopped with Jen, you know what I mean, Like they've moved on, but Jen mostly hasn't been feeding it, and Katy Perry's now on tour and the whole space thing. I think people just want to pile up on that and find moments. But you know, the things I saw from the Katie tour, I thought we're pretty cringey, But looking at some of the moves and such a It just doesn't look very thought out to me her tour from what I've seen online, and look, you watched the whole thing. I'll take your I'll take your word for it. But what I've seen it looks like, oh I saw a Pink show, and oh I saw Taylor Swift show, and oh I saw Jojo Siwash show, and I'm just gonna do all their shows and I'm just going to try to do that. And some of the dance moves were pretty like phoned in if you ask me.
Speaker 3: Well, she's not ever been a dancer.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it just has that look. It doesn't feel authentic, is all I'll say about what I saw. But I don't actually know what she is. I've never really known what she is. I mean, it all seems kind of put on to me. So I agree with you, though I think ultimately, I think you're right. The internet needs a villain always, it always needs a villain, so it's a lot of that. But I did hear something I heard part of that tour. She had a whole space section in the tour that was going to be part of the show, and then they just scrubbed it because they're like that the Space thing went so badly and they realized, like, we're going to scratch this and we're going to do something else.
Speaker 2: That could explain why some people were calling her out for using AI visuals. Maybe they had made good visuals and spent money on them, but the visuals were all Space visuals, so at the last minute they needed some like quick new visuals.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I had heard a couple of times. I could believe that it's what you said. I always say everything they talk about online, nothing's real. It doesn't matter. It's just fodder for the stupid, that's all it is. It's just so people can participate in something. And people are inherently cheap. They just follow along. If somebody says something sucks, there's forty five people behind you listening and going, yeah, it sucks. People can't think for their own They didn't at least take the next step like you did and said, hey, let me go watch this whole show and let me investigate my It's easier to take other people's opinions and just continue to spread them, and that's what's probably happening here.
Speaker 2: And I would absolutely go to her show if I got free tickets, but I don't and I'm not going to ask for them.
Speaker 1: So there's another aspect of this too. The other parts of the world haven't seen her, and fan bases are different. The worst crowds in the world, if you ask me, are Los Angeles crowds. They're a bore. But you go see Katie in Mexico City.
Speaker 3: Or Brazil, they them. Yeah, Brazil is the wildest, but.
Speaker 1: People go ape shit when an artist comes to their part of the world and they haven't seen it. They're hungry for it. We get so much here and in Vegas probably as well, just because of the amount of entertainment that's there. People are ho hum. I think it's a lot of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, next year it'll be better. And I think she still has all the hits. You may not hate her, but she's got so many fucking hits.
Speaker 1: You're right, that's all that matters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she'll always be able to make money off of them, right, Like even Paula Abdul. I love Paula Abdul, but Katie can actually sing, and Paula is not like a vocalist like Katie is. Katie may not be the best singer, but she can actually sing Okay.
Speaker 1: J lo And and Paula Abdull are the same person.
Speaker 2: Exactly, So anyways, sending positive vibes her way does seem like it has affected her though, because Katie I just noticed, has limited for the first time her comments on Instagram, meaning not everybody can leave a comment now, so it'll blow over. But that's a clear indication that like shit's getting to her if she's limited her comments, So all right. Meanwhile, over in the UK, Joe Joe Siwah is making a lot of headlines actually not even there everywhere because she's internationally known. She just left the Celebrity Big Brother UK House and her time on that show was very eventful, from a headline making exchange with Mickey Rourke to her spending a lot of time with her thoughts and feelings and saying, you know what, I'm not a lesbian, I'm queer, meaning she's potentially open to dating or being attracted to men. And she had a very close friendship with a guy in the house, this guy named Chris, and then at the rap party, her girlfriend from Australia had flown all the way from Australia to London and Jojo dumped her at the rap party. However, she literally a few minutes ago gave an interview talking about everything, and she insisted that this relationship with the guy from the house is just platonic, and I believe that. I don't think they hooked up or anything like that, and I don't think it's emotional cheating either. The experience of Big Brother is so wild, and I know because I experienced it.
Speaker 3: You know, you are not in the real world.
Speaker 2: You don't have all this distraction, so a day really feels like a week, and you can form really tight bonds and relationships with people that you wouldn't necessarily in the real world. And it's also heightened too, It's like it's not necessarily real either. I would say, you know, you have this really special bond and it might not last when they're now out in the real world.
Speaker 1: That's a good way to put it, because I mean, even watching like Love is Blind and The Bachelor, they eliminate the noise of the world and then they put you in these situations that in the regular world you're not going to experience. Maybe on vacation a little bit of it, but you know, you're not getting in a helicopter and going on or romantic date and it's not just you and the other person and the focus of the whole world being on you. You probably do get caught up in the emotion of that and the erasing of the rest of the outside world. And it's almost like therapy that's prolonged. You're focused on yourself and yourself only and that's your world for a week or two weeks or a month at a time. So I get how that could be confusing.
Speaker 2: Therapy is a positive thing. Celebrity big brother can be very negative and it's hard. It's not as always lovely as therapy can. I mean, I guess therapy can be hard too. So in those moments of difficulty, when it's a hard thing that you're doing in that house, you just also cling to anybody that's making it easier for.
Speaker 3: You, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they made the process easier for each other. And of the moment when she dumped her girlfriend at the rap party, which we found out about because the next day on Saturday, JoJo's girlfriend made a very long video talking about everything, and she does accuse Jojo of emotional cheating. Don dun da and she did it say that she thinks that some of the things that we saw were real, like some of the flirtatiousness and all of that. So, you know, she said that Jojo has confused feelings. That that's what Jojo told her, that she's got confused feelings. However, on Today, This On, This Morning Today. The show's called This Morning On This Morning Today.
Speaker 1: Not the Today Show. This Morning Yeah, This Morning Today.
Speaker 3: It's like, who's on first.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Jojo said that she realized a lot of things about her relationship that she did not like. It was very mysterious, but she would not go into details. I'm like, oh, she's throwing that ex girlfriend under the bus. And she said that she didn't plan on dumping her at the after party, but that the girlfriend asked her if she was okay and if she was happy, and she was just honest and then things came out and up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's going to be hard for Jojo, or it is becoming hard for Jojo dealing with new fame outside of her bubble, meaning she's had her fans and her fan base which has been very focused on her. Now the rest of the world is starting to get to know her, and I think there's a euphoria to that, where you you're becoming a celebrity and in your mind you're becoming a big deal and norms don't apply to you anymore, and you're going to break up with somebody on a TV show. It's starting to unravel for her.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think you're wrong. I think that's exactly what's happening. And I think I know. I hope that she's cognizant of it, that none of this bullshit is real. This show's not real. Everything she thinks is not real. It's all because of the situations that she's in. That's how Hollywood works.
Speaker 3: That's also just a young person thing. She's twenty one years.
Speaker 1: Old, and pour on the fuel of celebrity on top of it, it becomes magnified times one hundred. Is all that. I'm saying. You're right, but I'm just saying, all of the craziness you experience in your twenties, you pile fame on top of it, it becomes a trash can fire, okay, and then a forest fire. And I think she's in the infancy of this, and I just hope she can stay grounded in it, because she seems like a grounded kid. That's what I likes about her. Yeah, but I think it's starting to fall apart a little bit. It's starting to unravel.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think she's twenty one and I think she's still got it together.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 1: I hope you're right right.
Speaker 3: We'll see, we'll see. I do predict.
Speaker 2: Perez a Damis predicts that that guy will definitely be coming to Los Angeles soon because he's a professional.
Speaker 3: Lover and he loves attention.
Speaker 2: Onto our sports segment, story number one, an update on our Patreon show, We talked about Shannon Sharp, the former NFL player who was recently accused by a woman that he was in a relationship with of rape. Well, now another woman has come forward, a second one, accusing him of sexual assault. And like this other woman, she too was in a relationship with Shannon Sharp and was very clear that she did not want to have sex with him, and he took advantage of her, according to a lawsuit.
Speaker 3: So one, all right, now.
Speaker 2: Two, it's starting to look real bad for him.
Speaker 1: So yeah, look, the guy loves to do some fucking, is what it sounds like to me, and I think when you're famous and you do a lot of fucking and you jump up and down and say it's consensual in this and that it may very well be, but you play with that fire enough times with these young girls and you start getting in that game. Beware. I don't know what happened. I don't know if he was in the wrong, but I will say he's too old to be fucking with these young girls like this, and come on, grow the fuck up, seriously, grow up. And that's what I'm seeing from this.
Speaker 2: There's a difference between being freaky and then being a rapist.
Speaker 1: Okay, when you put it out there enough times, like you said, here we are, here's another one. I gotta feel like the floodgates are going to come open because people smell money, and you know what happens when you smell money, And when you're a guy that's in your fifties and your or sixties whatever, you're just inviting trouble. Even George Clooney got married.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well.
Speaker 2: In other sports news, this has gone super viral. Former Patriots head coach Bill Belichick was interviewed by sixty Minutes, and his nearly fifty years younger girlfriend was like a helicopter parent by his side the whole time, and, according to sixty Minutes, repeatedly chiming in throughout the interview, but not on camera. But at one point they kept one of those moments in saying, oh, we're not talking about that, like when they asked Bill how he met the girlfriend, We're not going to talk about that.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh my god. It almost felt a little bit like elder abuse.
Speaker 1: Really, you didn't watch it, I didn't. I just read about it. I heard that she kept chiming in, and I didn't know that she was off camera.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I know she was off camera.
Speaker 1: That makes it even more interesting.
Speaker 2: More cringe, and more sad. Like the guy seems like a little bit Joe Biden ish, like a little bit of cognitive decline. Perhaps, I don't know, forty nine years younger Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Oh, these guys.
Speaker 3: When they get that pill, they're super mad.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of the NFL, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: I had never heard this name before, but I definitely heard it a lot this weekend. Schadere Sanders the son of Dion Sanders. He was hyped to be one of the First, how does that even know what the one of.
Speaker 1: The early quarterbacks. Yeah, yeah, they've deemed him this great quarterback. College football is changed because the players get paid now and he's made millions of dollars right, players can get paid. And he's like a social media guy. You know. His dad's Dion Primetime Sanders, one of the greatest players ever, and his coach at the football team that he was on to put him in good situations. And his dad's really outspoken on where he was going to end up. And he probably scared a lot of teams off because the NFL, the one thing about them, they don't want distractions, especially from their quarterback. They just don't want it. They don't want the pomp and circumstance, the Instagram of it all. They really want to stay away from that. They're trying to, but you know, the world is the world and the way that it is, and I think a lot of general managers maybe deemed him too much of a distraction.
Speaker 2: Well, I read something that I forget what team. There's like one team who's spoke anonymously.
Speaker 1: Well, he interviewed with all of these teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he apparently gave a really he was like the worst interview, Like he was just really awful in interviews.
Speaker 1: And some people said maybe he did that on purpose because he didn't want to go to certain teams. And no one's bigger than the Shield, and by the Shield, I mean the NFL brand and the NFL they frown upon.
Speaker 2: That pause pause. We didn't get to like what actually happens. Oh, okay, he was supposed to be one of the first round picks. He threw a party on the first night, and assuming he was going to get picked in the first round.
Speaker 1: And if you saw the room like a press conference, he had hired all these camera crews and once again smells of distraction. This is not what an NFL franchise wants. They want some nerd.
Speaker 2: I mean, you need to be cocky, but there's a difference between you need to be confident but not cocky and arrogant.
Speaker 3: And it seems like he's cocky and arrogant.
Speaker 1: You picked up on that, right, And typically in the NFL, that's a wide receiver that's usually the firecracker of the team, that's always seemingly in the mix of whatever's going on. But you gotta be a cocky motherfucker to go across the middle from these monsters that are going to hit you and have the confidence that they do to catch bullets. These guys are the most elite talented people, so you do have to have a chip on your shoulder, and you do got to be cocky and confident. But you typically don't see that in quarterbacks. You don't see that. I don't know if it's swagger. I think it turned off a lot of GMS.
Speaker 2: So he threw this big party expecting or hoping, predicting that he would be picked in the first round.
Speaker 3: He wasn't, and he ended.
Speaker 2: Up getting picked in the fifth round Shadeur Sanders in the fifth round at number one hundred and forty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a bit of an egg on his face situation.
Speaker 1: I will remind everybody this. Tom Brady was picked one ninety nine. He's the greatest quarterback. I personally think Dan Marino is the best quarterback ever, but hormance wise, he's the best quarterback in the history of the league. He was picked one ninety nine. It's a draft. No one's right today, no one's wrong today. Only time will tell if he makes it to the NFL, if he can figure out how to read a defense. If he can throw the deep ball. When I watched him, I'll say one thing about him. He's a fucking tough kid. He could take a hit. That's half the battle of the NFL. So we'll see. He's on the Browns, which is the worst organization in football. They have five quarterbacks right now. Five.
Speaker 3: That's too many quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: They're the team that has Deshaun Watson, the hand job guy. They're a bit of a mess of a franchise. It's the Browns being the Browns. That's what we say as Steeler fans. We'll see what happens, but look, drafts don't mean anything at the end of the day. This was a soap opera for men this weekend and it's just showing this kid's star power.
Speaker 2: Well, we need calls. Eight hundred seven two one one one eight five. We have a lot more show left, but not enough time, so we'll finish it on Thursday. In the Patreon If you want to get an extra show a week, sign up at patreon dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash Perez Hilton.
Speaker 2: We do an exclusive show there every week and your support would be greatly appreciated. At Patreon dot com slash Perez Hilton, I will give you tea on I might be in trouble again.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I'll spill that on the Patreon. Okay, this Thursday.
Speaker 1: Guys, it's less than a cup of coffee a month. Get the show patreon dot com slash Perez Hilton and if not, we'll see the rest of you peasants on Monday.
Speaker 3: All right, have a good week, everybody.