Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and.
Speaker 3: Jetty Armstrong and Caddy Strong.
Speaker 4: Live.
Speaker 3: We're not here. It's the Armstrong and Getty replay. But what we have for you is delicious a.
Speaker 4: Collection of some of our best stuff.
Speaker 5: You can hear more, of course on our podcast Armstrong Engeddy on demand and.
Speaker 4: Hey, get through your Christmas shopping list at the Armstrong and Geddy superstore, shirts, hoodies and much more.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 3: Now enjoy the Armstrong Eeddy replay.
Speaker 5: And this week, which is always Fat Tuesday in Marti Gras happening in New Orleans, and I just saw some Marty Grass revelers down there. Cyber truck had pulled up on the street and there was a tremendous amount of booing going on, and I just thought that was interesting that that is like seen as an I was going to say a vehicle, but it's actually a vehicle, so using it as a here's.
Speaker 3: The sound doing a cyber truck pulling troup. Oh, the music play Saints in the background.
Speaker 5: Any women are showing their boobs for needs yet it's still time to do the leader of doge because you hate cutbacks and spending.
Speaker 3: I just don't get it.
Speaker 4: Wasteful spending, idiotic spending, that's just tribal signaling.
Speaker 3: Ouga boga.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, speaking of that sort of thing. Oh Michael, are you giving up playing chest for lint? I am, yes, no more shadless. So one of the themes that the President struck in his speech last night was getting rid of a bunch of woke crap and transgender this and that, which I thought was terrific. And we'll play some highlights in I don't know, twenty minutes, half an hour or something like that, but I thought a couple of things were very interesting, one more newsy and one more philosophical. But first of all, the newsy thing. For the last decade, the establishment media have touted advocates claims as fact that we have roughly fifteen thousand transgender people serving in the US military. If you're not familiar with the term, it means a person of one sex pretending to be the other sex. Wow, and over and over again, I've heard the fifteen thousand numbers and thought, damn, that's a lot. I know, believe, Yeah, I was. I didn't either, but I had no idea what to think. But this week President Donald Trump's Pentagon revealed that the number is about forty two hundred service members, which is still a hell of a lot, but it's just over one quarter of what they were claiming. This adds up to one transgender person for every five hundred service members in a military of two point one million active in reserve members. I am surprised that it is that many, and I'd be curious as to what is going on psychosocially that would.
Speaker 5: That would cause that. I mean, you talk about ridiculous tribalism. I came across Bill Crystal's tweet last night. Most of you don't know who he is. He used to be one of my favorite pundits. He is a hardcore conservative, like in the classic style. His dad, Irving Crystal founded I think the Weekly Standard, one of the great writers of conservatism, and Bill Crystal carried that on and then Bill Crystal hated.
Speaker 3: It, called Barry Goldwater a moderate.
Speaker 5: Bill Crystal who used to be on you know, like meet the Press and face a nation and arguing for conservatives all these years. He hated Trump so much he went over with the people that formed the Bulwark, and they have become a grift machine. And they've just figured out that if they say bad things about Republicans that they can make a lot of money. And this is what Bill Crystal tweeted out last night. Stand with trans Americans. You don't have to understand everything about the transgender experience to know that Trump's act of humiliation and dehumanization are unjust and dangerous.
Speaker 3: You've lost your mind.
Speaker 5: Just because he hasn't lost his mind, he's become so cynical.
Speaker 3: He just thinks, you know what, it's all a game. Anyway, screw it.
Speaker 5: There are enough of these people out there if I take this angle, they'll continue to you know, donate money to us and read our stuff and give us clicks, and I'll make a look whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, give them the converts. Everybody wants to celebrate the converts.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, Wow. That is some cynical crad.
Speaker 4: So, speaking of which, those of us who aren't cynical have looked at the world around us, and and I think a lot of you probably understand that the hardcore activists in the woke thing are neo Marxists, and the woke thing is just an excuse to say, you're in charge of this institution, but you're a racist, and I can prove it with my anti racist theories, and obviously we can't have a racist in charge, so now I'm in charge. It's a method of conquest. It takes over institutions, be they you know, schools or government departments or whatever. We get the hardcore doing that, the people who want to be nice people and they go along with it. This is the useful idiots, and they are legion in their numbers, and often it's young people because young people are easy to indoctrinate.
Speaker 3: The problem with that term is that Lenin's term, I think it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, John Lennon, no v I Lenin. The problem with that term is that it's obviously quite insulting. It's not a good way to explain to someone that they maybe are being used for a purpose that they do not agree with.
Speaker 3: If you call them an idiot, right, you make a good point.
Speaker 4: Let's go with useful morons instead useful halfways. Now, it's actually one of the better impulses in humankind, which is what I'm leading toward. It's long been known that all the intelligence agencies and governments of the world are interested in influencing people to believe certain things to support certain programs or certain governments. I mean that's obvious, right, Propaganda, the Hitler Youth to the malt Se tongue and his Red Guard, just all sorts of programs like that. And a guy who's been studying this his whole life, his name is a Jason Christoff, and he did a presentation recently that was hosted by Senator Ron Johnson speaking of rock ribbed Conservatives, and he explained how mind control is easy to execute because human beings are essentially walking psyops. He said, he quote, he said, Mimetic programming, which is the process of having someone learned to imitate patterns and behaviors, is routinely used in Hollywood films and by powerful corporations and governments.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 4: Mind control works on the subconscious, and the subconscious is something that loves us and wants.
Speaker 3: To protect us.
Speaker 4: And it's in the realm of activity, similar to your heart beating. So there are things you understand as a human being that you're not in control of.
Speaker 3: They're instinctive.
Speaker 4: Your subconscious mind is always looking to establish what the bigger group of humans is doing, and so it is responsive to repetitive content. Simply put, people are always looking to learn what a larger group is doing and fit in, meaning that repeated messages can be enormously powerful. You know, obviously we're just talking about conformity here, but all sales organizations know this sure. Quoting again from mister Christoff. The reason the subconscious does this is because it knows that most humans like other humans who act, talk and think like they do, and all the subconscious nuh, All your subconscious know that it's safer to bond with a bigger group. To break this mind control technique down further, your subconscious automatically absorbs repetitive content and forces people to adopt ideas as their own.
Speaker 3: Your reptile brain is telling.
Speaker 4: You you decided this on your own, to go along with the crowd, because, for whatever reason, that works better with humans. It's more adaptive. As they say in anthropology, that's why, for example, do any of my beliefs come from my own thinking? Or is this all just because I was surrounded by it? I think sometimes the best you can do is be intellectually honest and examine your beliefs and test them. Now, and again and try the other ideas. But anyway, that's a great other topic.
Speaker 3: What time is it? Yeah, we're good, blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: This is why, for example, at a party where there's a lot of alcohol being served and consumed, people can feel nervous saying no when offered a drink. Quote, if you dare say no in opposition of the most repetitive content, your nervous system will make you feel extremely uneasy and full of anxiety, and it will also reward you for going along with it, putting your neurology at peace and calm.
Speaker 5: In the feeling of calmness, that's wow. So there's more to peer pressure than.
Speaker 4: Meets the eye, right exactly, It's not weakness, it's it's anthropologically adaptive. The problem is, you know, unless you're an alcoholic, you're gonna be fine having a drink, or unless somebody is trying to feed your roofy and rape you or something like that, you sally fine.
Speaker 5: Bill Cosby's house, Oh right, exactly. In short, but if there is.
Speaker 4: An insidious group bent on evil utilizing these truths intentionally and aggressively, you get an entire generation of young people walking around saying It's not wrong to have a man in a woman's sport, even though he whoops the hell out of the women and takes all the titles. It's not wrong to have a man in a women's prison because that man says he's a woman. They come up with an idea as ludicrous is that a man who says he's a woman is actually a woman.
Speaker 5: And then certainly things that are easier to go for. I won't say fall four like hearing about climate change every class you're ever in your whole life right.
Speaker 4: Christoph actually touched on the COVID nineteen pandemic in the response, said, media let's push highly similar similar narratives to quote unquote control people, influencing them to stay at home. Mind control is the basis of all advertising, and the governments have been proven to be using the same group dynamic application against the public. He pointed to examples such as the UK's Behavioral Insights Team, informally known as the Nudge Unit. Have you ever heard of this? No, It's a former government organization now run by a charity, which uses behavioral insights to change people's behavior, for example, by changing messaging to make people more likely to pay their.
Speaker 3: Taxes on time Wow.
Speaker 4: Christoff believes such tactics have been used to drive social changes for decades, with depictions of large nuclear families on screen diminishing since the nineteen fifties in favor of less conventional families with fewer children, among other things. And corporations use similar strategies.
Speaker 3: But we're running out of time. But you get the idea.
Speaker 4: And I've often said, you don't need to do what the culture is doing because a lot of that is designed by people who do not have your best interests in mind. So maybe the only great takeaway from this is if you find yourself wanting to conform, understand that that is your animal brain being used, often by evil people to try to get you to behave in a certain way.
Speaker 3: That's really interesting stuff.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe Gerty The Armstrong and Getty Show, The arm Strong and Getty Show.
Speaker 5: So my thirteen year old, and it matters what his age is. Apparently wanted to open a checking account at the bank or an account at the bank because he's got enough money built up from allowances and birthdays and Christmases, and he doesn't spend his money like his brother does. He saves it because he wants to be able to put it toward a car someday and that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: So he's got a decent sized chunk.
Speaker 5: Of money added up over the years and he'd been keeping it in his shoe box. And so he's going to oput an account. And I remember when I opened an account when I was probably about his age. I started mowing lawns when I was twelve thirteen and accumulating money and opening a bank account on.
Speaker 3: The right passage. I remember it myself.
Speaker 5: On the way to the bank, I did say to him, I said, you know, I haven't I haven't been around the idea of opening an account for a bank in.
Speaker 3: Forty years something like that.
Speaker 5: So I don't know if the rules have changed, but so in case something happens, but anyway, we should we get it there sure enough. And so we're trying to open this account and everything like that. And first of all, many banks everything is I don't know if it's because the government comes down on them so hard or something like that. They treat everybody like you're a want to be terrorist.
Speaker 3: Like everything you do, it's like, jeez, lighten up.
Speaker 5: But anyway, he needs to have two forms of ID. Is where we ran into the roadblock. I said, what is a form of ID for a thirteen year old? He said, and they said, well, your Social Security card is birth certificate? Okay, great, So I said, the fact that I'm his dad isn't good enough. I can't vouch for the fact that he's my son and I have an account here and have had for twenty five years and open an account for him. I can't do that, and no, we need to. And I said, is that a bank policy or the state law or what is that? Because I was thinking if it's a bank policy, I'll go to a different bank. But uh, it's a federal law. It's part of the Patriot Act. I said, oh, of course, And he said, well, it's a federal I said, you don't need to explain the federal government to me.
Speaker 3: And I hate the federal government.
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 5: And then the guy looked at me like I was Oh. He got wide eyed, like, oh, you're one of those people. You're Timothy McVeigh, you're you're you're one of those people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, clearly I've heard about them.
Speaker 5: I said, I hate the federal government. The Patriot Act's ridiculous. This is ridiculous. The fact that I can't open a bank account for a thirteen year old, and as his parent, I got I gotta prove who he is because you can't take my word for the fact that he's my child. Makes me child, say money laundering, little mule for your militia, whatever you want to call him. The Patriot Act was so much I was trying to explain it to en her. He was so much crap that they jammed through. It's all because of nine to eleven. So you're gonna stop the next nine to eleven by making sure thirteen year olds don't open illegal bank accounts. I guess whatever, even though their parent, who you know, is sitting right there. I hate stuff like that, and the and the but they were there. Their eyes got so wide. When I hate the said I hate the federal government. And I was thinking if I was doing this same thing in my and my where I went to college in Hayes, Kansas, and I said I hate the federal government, the teller would have said, yeah, me too, don't.
Speaker 3: You high five Joe came into that brother, but that.
Speaker 5: Just being oh, my god, you shouldn't she said, oh, she gasped the woman gasped, and her.
Speaker 3: Boss just looked at me white. I'd like, oh, were we about to have a fight. Oh man, I have to have two pieces of id even though he's my kid. I just found that amazing.
Speaker 4: All right, here's here's the guy who retweets my quotes. Get ready to jot this one down and get it right?
Speaker 3: Would you?
Speaker 4: Anytime the government says there's an emergency, there are two emergencies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but actually exactly. And I actually told my son because here's one, and he was really like, is that something you can't say out loud? I said, I told him. The most revered Republican president of the last maybe century, Ronald Reagan, ran on the scariest words in the English language are I'm here from the I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you. I mean, he ran on, I hate the government, or I just saw clip this morning.
Speaker 4: The government isn't the solution. Government is the problem.
Speaker 5: And the woman who was typing furiously after I said that, because she was so horrified that anybody would say that, I said, you know, all the money in my account I made that by going on the radio every day and saying I hate the government and I make my living.
Speaker 4: By the way, if the Justice Department is listening, or the FDIC or the CIA, the NSA, if I'm happy to testify against this monster.
Speaker 5: I'm sure I'm on some sort of terrorist watch list now, yes, Michael.
Speaker 3: So wonder they didn't hit the silent alarm on you and then you know, cops show up or something.
Speaker 5: I would have been I would have loved to talk to people and exp why it's okay for me to say I hate the government.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, We've got to surveill him for a while and go through his mail and monitor his phone calls. We've got the NSA working on it already.
Speaker 5: What I hate is the manager guy acting like it makes sense that we have a law I can't vouch for my kid being my kid. That seems perfectly reasonable to me. Two forms of ID for a child right when their parents is there. I thought, he says his name, then I say his name?
Speaker 3: Is that two forms of ID? And if not, what the hell has the world becalled? I know Armstrong and.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 6: The US Navy has dozens of nuclear powered submarines. Fourteen are capable of carrying nuclear weapons. Each Ohio class sub can carry twenty trident ballistic missiles with eight nuclear warheads each, meaning one American Ohio class nuclear submarine could strike one hundred and sixty cities at once.
Speaker 5: I thought it would be good to play something current before we get into a discussion about the anniversary. Eighty years since we dropped the atomic bomb on Japan. We still have wars going on. Nuclear weapons are still a conversation. People are still willing to fight to the death over a variety for a variety of reasons. Nothing has changed on that front since World War Two. World War One was the going to be the war to end all wars. Then we had World War Two, which was significantly significantly bigger. And since World War Two, we've now had more people die in wars since World War Two that happened during World War Two.
Speaker 4: And I believe as we speak, we have the most armed conflicts going on Earth that has been recorded.
Speaker 3: Really just heard that yesterday. I didn't know that it's like one hundred and forty or something like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I get discouraged sometimes with my love of history and that I feel like it is wrongly portrayed so often or narratives catch on and they just become the truth forever in some cases, and they're not accurate, and it's.
Speaker 3: Just the way it is.
Speaker 5: Like our friend, we like, Victor David Hanson's he wrote a book a couple of years called The World Wars, and he was trying to make the argument that it was really separate wars that we call it World War Two, but there were separate wars going on that really didn't have much to do with each other. This other book that I've been reading just recently, Operation Downfall by Richard B.
Speaker 3: Frank.
Speaker 5: It's the most recent book written about. Downfall was going to be the was the campaign for US to end the war with Japan. Japan bombs US December seventh, nineteen forty one. They attacked US. Hitler had already been defeated at this point, and we needed to figure out how to finish off the Japanese who were still fighting like crazy. But the whole fight in Japan and fighting Germany didn't really have much to do with each other. There are a couple of instances and when Japan and Germany kind of worked together, but if it ever came down to it, I mean, think about it, these are two incredibly racist regimes that believe the other side shouldn't exist un.
Speaker 3: Planet Earth, so stay the hell away.
Speaker 5: The Nazis would have killed every Japanese a person on Earth if they had the opportunity, and vice versa. Japan was an incredibly racist nation. They believe they were superior to the Chinese, let alone the white mongrel United States. And this Frank's guy is trying to make the argument that a lot of historians have, but it just hasn't worked yet, that World War Two started in nineteen thirty seven when Japan invaded China and started taking over that part of the globe. Because we're mostly from Europe, and we're so Europe focused, and most of our World War two movies are about Europe and fighting the Nazis, we just we don't we think World War two started in September of thirty nine when Germany goes into Poland and all those countries and starts doing their thing. But the Japanese invaded China in nineteen thirty seven and started one hell of a war. Eight million Chinese had died at the hands of the Japanese.
Speaker 3: Before Pearl Harbor. Eight million Chinese.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Japan was one of the most ruthless regimes that's ever existed on planet Earth. Why we regularly refer to Nazis or Hitler like the worst thing that has ever happened, I don't quite know. Stalin was worth worse than Hitler, and the Japanese were more deadly than the Nazis. Japan controlled twenty percent of the planet. What they were fighting at the time that we defeated them a significantly greater chunk than the Nazis took over, even though they took over most of Europe.
Speaker 4: And call it racism or bigotry or just resentment, but I've always reacted to the obscly, unspeakably stupid statement from progressives that only white people can be racist, because ask a Korean about the Japanese, right, ask a Japanese firston about the Chinese, Ask a Filipino about any of them, Oh my god, will they bring the hate anyway? But part of that is fairly legitimate resentment of I don't know, killing eight million of our people, often in horrific you know ways.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And things had gotten so ugly there at the end, fighting Japanese soldiers island by island as we tried to get close enough to the main island of Japan to at the time we thought we were going to invade. We ended up deciding that wasn't going to work because it would have been too deadly and too costly. Sixty between sixty and seventy percent of all of our casualties happened in the last year of the war. Half of all marine deaths happened in the last couple of months, as we're fighting island to island. By the time we got to Canal, it was the first battle in which we lost more people, more men died that were US soldiers than the Japanese lost, and we just figured that that was going to continue as we got closer to the island and then invading the island, we were going to take way more deaths than they were going to take. So people who make the argument we shouldn't have dropped the bomb, why do you think we should suffer more losses than the people that attacked us?
Speaker 3: What's the argument there?
Speaker 4: Well, and there are a lot of good arguments on that side. Loyal listener Mike San Francisco urged us me to read about the Battle of Okinawa, which raged for two months in three weeks and was one of the last big ones before we were either going to invade Japan or not. But one hundred thousand Japanese troops in Okinawa, fifty thousand Allied casualties, around one hundred thousand Japanese casualties, also including local Okinawan's conscripted into the Japanese army according to localists, already is at least one hundred and forty nine thousand Okinawan people were killed, died by course, suicide, or went missing. So, yeah, the carnage at the end was, Oh, it's unspeakable, it's unsinkable.
Speaker 5: It is a version of total war that is practically unseen on planet Earth. Why it doesn't get discussed more often, I don't know. And then as to the idea that Japan would have surrendered at any point, so Japan had never surrendered historically in their twenty seven hundred year existence, they had never surrendered to an invader, and more recently, during World War Two, no Japanese unit, not one, had surrendered in any battle, no matter how defeated they were. They would continue to fight until they were all dead. That was just to the last span their culture. And it's kind of hard for us to get into the mindset of it's why the whole Kamakazi thing worked. They have a cultun of mindset that we do not have of where they would take such great pride to have their young son go get in a plane and fly it into a ship and die. They were perfectly okay with that. It made every bit of sense to them to serve their god, King here Ahito. Thing that they had going on, that we also can't quite wrap our heads around culturally because it not only was it a monarch, but it was a religious figure, and we just we can't it doesn't make any sense to us culturally the way that that worked. Roosevelt also believed, if you're a fan of World War One, you know the hole stabbed in the back myth that entered into Germany after Germany lost and we left their government, we the Allies, left their government in charge. Then the young Hitlers of the world, people that had fought in the warst started this whole Our government stabbed us in the back, and it's the dirty Jews that caused it. Thing that grew and grew and grew and led to the rise of the anger of the German society. And Nazi Germany and World War two and all that. Roosevelt knew that, and he didn't want to leave in Germany or Japan any He wanted to make sure Roosevelt believed Germany and Japan, every man, woman and child in the country had to believe they were defeated. To make sure that they either one of them didn't rise up again. They had to all know they were beaten, completely beaten. They were their own.
Speaker 3: Government didn't stab in the back, nothing like that happened.
Speaker 5: They were soundly defeated, and that was one of the reasons they had to take it clear to the end the way they did. Combined with that nobody had ever surrendered, so there's no reason to think they would ever give up. The Japanese we now have we've only had this for thirty years. We now have the communications that were going on in Japan. Thanks to Japanese historians. There are only six people in control of the whole decision, they called the Big Six. Five of them were in the military, and they had no interest in surrendering whatsoever, and they were willing to lose tens of millions of Japanese civilians. They believe if we surrounded him and did a blockade and tried to starve them out, which ended up that was going to be the plan. If we didn't drop the bomb, we were going to surround Japan and starve millions of people until they surrendered, which would have killed way more people than the bombs killed. But the Big Six in Japan, they figured, if twenty million Japanese starved, the world opinion will finally turn against the Allies in the United States, and.
Speaker 3: While surry hamas like strategy.
Speaker 5: Exactly, and we'll be able to negotiate a much better situation. They're perfectly comfortable with that for anybody who argues that there is a way out that would have been less deadly than the nuclear weapons. Also mentioned it the other day, but worth mentioning again, around two hundred thousand people were killed by the bombs. It's hard depends on where you know you do the cutoff because the cancer later and everything like that. But around two hundred thousand died from the bombs that were dropped eighty years ago tomorrow, and then on the ninth the other bomb, twice as many Japanese as that at the hands of the Russians in the very same weeks as Russia was coming on and taking ground and trying to take it back from that much more ruthless than we were. When you ever hear anybody say anything about that, well, yeah, self hatred is the hallmark of the progressive and they're proud of it.
Speaker 4: They stoke it, they like it, and it's it's just it's it's perverse.
Speaker 5: They had a million men ready to defend a ground invasion, some eight thousand planes, maybe half of which we're going to be kamakazis attacking every one of our ships, which would have been That's why they ultimately decided, and we've only known this since the nineties, that are our navy decided we ain't going to do this. That's a no. We're a no vote on that. So the ground invasion was not gonna have it because it would have been too deadly. It just absolutely couldn't be done. So it was either starve them out or drop the bomb. So I went to the Oppenheimer movie with a friend. When was that three four years ago that that Oppenheimer movie came out. This friend was a super lib But anyway, we're driving away from the movie theater and we're having a conversation about the whole should we have dropped the bomb or not? Kind of got started the conversation and it was very funny because it took us ten fifteen minutes of driving and saying, I know, can you believe that there are some people that believe that. Before we realized we were, we had completely different positions. We're both saying, I know, it's crazy that people believe that. I was thinking, it's crazy that people believe we shouldn't have dropped the bomb. She was thinking, it's crazy that people think we should have dropped the bomb. And at some point, and it got very quiet in the car after that, we realized, oh, oh, we're completely on the opposite side of this, because those of us on whichever side, just can't believe the other side believed what they believe. And I'm on the side of, obviously we should have dropped the bomb. Who wouldn't have given the circumstances. But there are plenty of people that think it's just nuts that we opened up the can of worms, and it's one of the great black marks in US history that we crossed that line and dropped.
Speaker 3: In atomic bomb on Japan. Yeah, what's the.
Speaker 5: Other pushback the best put what's what's the college kid? College professor pushback on dropping the bomb that Japan was prepared to offer a not unconditional, but more or less complete surrender, and that it just had to be worked out over the course of a couple more days of conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no documentation for that.
Speaker 4: There are a couple of communications from a couple of people that hint that that might be possible, and they extrapolate from there and feel free.
Speaker 3: We can talk about this as long as you want.
Speaker 4: But on the at home sociological why do people believe what your friend did? It occurred to me, and I've said this many many times, that if you are on the left, you get a great deal of social reinforcement, a lot of pats on the back, acceptance for being a self hating American. But it's funny. I hadn't really looked at it from the other perspective. You cannot be accepted in those circles if you are a patriotic American who thinks, by and large, we have been a great country doing mostly the right thing. I mean that is you are drummed out. That's it's like committing an act of violence. You know, at a social club, that's it. There's no hearing you're gone. That's enormous social pressure for those people.
Speaker 5: Well, just as a response to your thing for we and we can break And I want to get two in the weeds one this, but the Big Six made all the decisions for Japan. If there was going to be any sort of surrender, they would have to do it. There's no indication anybody in that group wanted to surrender. And five of the X were in the military and they absolutely were into fighting to the last man.
Speaker 3: So it just was never gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Right Anyway, I wanted to get this on on the fifth because I have a feeling tomorrow you'll hear a lot of news from mainstream media pushing the idea that we did something wrong, and I'll be interested to see how that plays on your evening newscast.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Show. Yeah, Marjah, your shoe podcasts and our hot links thee Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 5: Do you have a compelling reason for why we eighty year anniversary of US dropping the bomb on Japan is tomorrow? Do you have a reason why we focus so much more on the fight in the nazis European part of World War.
Speaker 3: Two as opposed to the Pacific War.
Speaker 4: I don't know that I've perceived that in the same way you did. I've always been into the Pacific War, partly because my father in law served there, and I've always been acutely aware of it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, maybe culturally, I.
Speaker 5: Know, factually, in terms of movies and books and everything, like the whole European theater dominates and has forever. I think it's because it was just so morally more clear cut. Things got so ugly against the Japanese, bit by bit, island by island, where both sides were just so. The book I'm reading read several of them, Twilight of the Gods by Ian Tole, which is considered one of the definitive books on it. He had a story, Oh, by the way, we got a text the Japanese. The text was, it's cute that you think the Japanese surrendered because of the bombs. It was because they knew Russia was coming. There's no documentation about that. If you have a book that says that's true, that's a common narrative, but there's no documentation that that conversation was being had by the Big Six who made these decisions in Japan. So if you have a different book that says they were, you know, feel free to text me.
Speaker 3: I'd be interested in reading it.
Speaker 5: For instance, on one of the islands, and I don't remember which one it was, but this became a common thing. Our marines would come across dead US soldiers who had had their genitals cut off and shoved in their mouths, sometimes while they were alive, by the Japanese. So the Japanese soldiers had come across, you know, a wounded marine cut off his junk stick in his mouth. So we got more and more brutal, and it just it got that way to where it was just like freaking Lord of the Flies, total war, as awful as it could get, foot by foot, trench by trench in the mud and the blood and your own feces and everything right across the islands, And that's what it was going to be in Japan. And it had a story in there of collecting gold teeth became a thing, so US soldiers would collect gold tea And it had a story in there about one US soldier coming across a wounded but still alive Japanese who then took his bayonet and started digging in the guy's mouth, trying to pry his teeth out while they're still alive. Of some of the fellow US soldiers said, dude, that's not cool. Came up and shot the guy in the head to put him out of his misery. But that's the sort of warfare. It was there at the end, and it was going to be that times. Who knows how many thousand on the beaches of Japan if we actually invaded.
Speaker 4: Well, and I think Europe got more coverage partly because a film crew could do what they did then go back to Paris or London or whatever, and so you can't do that in the islands of the Pacific.
Speaker 5: Space, said Crisis a legend alls a hard time.
Speaker 3: This bad trucker with Elasi, bad therapy and a mouth they went.
Speaker 1: They covered it all this morning and tomorrow they'll do even more.
Speaker 4: The arms strong and Getty showed the conscience.
Speaker 3: Serveny