Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to betting pros. And no, wait a minute, ru's the wrong thing. Welcome into fantasy pros. No, no, that's the wrong thing. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros. M LB. It is me, Joey p Joe Pi's apia with me is the Welsh. We are brought to you every single day here on leading off. I don't even know show I'm doing half the time. Welsh. It's craziness. This has happened to me more than once, by the way, and we're happy to have all the peanuts of the cracker Jacks here in the chat Live. We're brought to you by Prize Picks, which is a fantastic place to go make some money and watch some baseball and have some fun. The Welsh was watching some baseball last night. He and Bogman were out at the game last night for Arizona. Not the greatest result for the Gore Diamondbacks, but Welsh, I used to be at a baseball game. I imagine it.
Speaker 2: Was very good. I look, I actually looked a little rough. It was a full day. And I told you, I got up from this show and I went out to downtown Phoenix and Bogman and I went to a nice little urban room and hung out, and we spent the whole day in downtown Phoenix, watched the game. I got to watch my home run call happen live on a good Thing. And I think I've officially officially figured something else out. Bogmin'.
Speaker 1: It's freaky Friday, everybody. That's what we'll have.
Speaker 2: It's freaky Friday. Corbie Carroll sucks. I'm officially done with that. Corbie Carroll sucks. I'm out. He's the worst player I've This is getting changed. I'm changing this for Monday. Maybe it's a reverse curse. I don't know, but I had everything going for Carrol last night, had a three to zero count, almost had a walk. Couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: Remember when Julia Rodriguez sucked in April last year? Do we remember that? Can I remind everybody that relaxed, being patient? Everybody, It's going to be fun.
Speaker 2: I'm over it. But Freddie Freeman did get me on the board. That's all that really matters. We finally got back into it.
Speaker 1: Justin calling you out. Corbyn Carroll's a trash panda. There you go. He is not a trash panda. He is a very good baseball player, very good season by low. He's gonna be in your trade video next week. I guarantee it, guarantee I'm gonna I'm gonna be buying him right now. I was trying to kick the tires on him in a league and people are like, I don't really want to deal Gorbi Carroll's like, okay, okay, Now it's the perfect time. This is the calm before the storm. Go back and look at Julio Rodriguez April, folks, if you forgot, it's a harsh reminder. No home runs. I think he hit about like two twenty or something like that was terrible. Look, people were saying, now they were gonna send him back.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, you have the you have the Julio Yeah, pulling out, pulling it up right now, very f You know what I've continuously done, and I'm obviously the big defender, and he has killed multiple he has killed multiple bets for me.
Speaker 2: But the thing that's killing me is the no walks. And I can't get over it. I can't get over how he will not generate a walk. He got to a three ball count last night and then started swinging and ended up, grounding out to first. It's just kind of continuously what he does. He's just so hyper aggressive. All right, So last March April for Julio Rodriguez let it go. I just had it and he had Here we go. I don't know why this is? Who did I who?
Speaker 1: Oh the internet works?
Speaker 2: Well, that's no, I don't, I don't. It was a bourbon thing I was on twenty twenty three, all right. He hit two oh five between March and April. No homers, seven walks to thirty strikeouts, the second most strikeouts he ever had in a month. And uh he did, though, have nine stolen bases, So Cormans fine base to do it, though.
Speaker 1: It's fine Wonky Penguin of course, owning the chat as always. But don't look at Jerald Jared Kelnick's April No, don't, because that's that's a bad thing to do of last year. Don't look at that at all. But seriously, I mean, even Bobby would had a slow start last year. There's always a lot of expectations of these guys.
Speaker 2: I'm being dramatic.
Speaker 1: I'm being dramatic. I know, I know you are, but I know there's people out there that are already being very dramatic about Gortman Carroll and going why did we get so aggressive on Gorman Carroll? Relax, It's April seventh, and uh, you know, it's it's good Friday, and a lot of people are on a holiday, so a lot, you know, people are off with the kids doing things, they're you know, attending services, doing all these things. So you can always watch it back on the YouTube channel if you missed it already. And I know we promised a video, but even though Welsh cut the video down, it's still too large for stream yard. So here's what we're gonna do to talk to the powers the base if we can get up on the YouTube channel as a short, so that'll be a good time, so you can watch Welsh myself compete at David Busters. It's only a two minute video, but it's too big for the stream yard here on this, so we'll get that up there for you. But I have some fun things today for you, because I did promise a fun Friday and I don't want to let people hang. So let's get to the headlines from yesterday's games. Freddy Freeman powering the Dodgers pass the Diamondbacks. I was happy because I put money on Freddy Freeman at plus four fifteenth did home run and guess what was the only other bet I made, And it made up for my terrible parlay where Lancelaine got the crap eat out of him. More on that and coming up. Evan Phillips recorded the second save on Thursday. Gradorol hasn't been a factor at all. He has not pitched well and he has been banged up.
Speaker 2: He said he was banged up last night too. That was why Phil Bickford came in the eighth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know what. And Phillips looks like he's the same guy, which was what we thought initially, and then we heard some other rumors. Mookie Betts was back in the line, so that's good. Orlando Arcia delivers a walk off against the Padres in that same game for the Braves. Spencer Stryder struck out nine guys in that one. Pierce Johnson recorded his second save on Thursday for the Colorado Rockies and Daniel Bard's absence, we don't know what he's gonna be back. Fascinating game there with the Rockies and the Nats. Welsh Josiah Gray and Kyle Freeland just throwing goose eggs up there. Would you make of that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we actually had that. That one was out and it was on while we were kind of out just hanging around downtown because they weren't a ton of games on and we were both staring at We actually went to Guy Fieri's restaurant that was right next to Chase and we were sitting there and we're watching and I just kept looking over and I was like, why are there no runs in this game? Just a greet Cayl for what's going on? And then we looked and it was one to nothing, just a lot of bad contact. This is where Colorado is supposed to do. If there were a couple, I think jerks of Profile might of Rob de Hoomer as well. But yeah, it was a wild game. Kyle Freeland actually pitching pretty well, and Josiah Gray sneaky in some spots. Probably Josiah Gray definitely a streamer in appropriate matchups. I think you can actually throw him out there, as can you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who would have thought the appropriate MATCHU would be in Colorado in the day that did not have my BINGO card marked off? That's for sure. Let's continue on with some of the other things we had from yesterday and headlines. Garrett Whitlock withing eight in double A. So he's on his way back. That's great. If he's floating around your waiver wire, pick him up now, don't wait, pick him up now. Please listen to me. Vlad Guerrero Junior had three hits and a homer in the victory as well. Plus the most important headline of yesterday, not to be buried in the lead is our good friend Kelly Kirby, the Wonky Penguin herself, who has been working as a freelancer here at Fantasy Pros for the last two years. I believe if memory serves will get us what freelancer no more. She is now full time with us at Fantasy Pros. So I want everybody in the chat congratulate the Wonky Penguin. Congratulate Kelly well deserved, one of the smartest and hardest working folks out there in the baseball space, in the you know, Fantasy Pros world. We are so happy to have her as part of our Fantasy Pros full time family here. So give her some congrats. Throw some love to the Wonky Penguin. I love that the.
Speaker 2: Most recent comment is classic Kelly snark of see if you can get Corbyn care for us, for Josiah Gray, everyone. I love the key, but that's the brand again, that's what I'm saying. That's Kelly's.
Speaker 1: And just two years ago the penguin was just a peanut and a cracker jack. She was just hanging out the chat watching the baseball. Growns up. She's all growns up, and here she is, so fantastic day for us, So that that made my day yesterday legitimately made my day yesterday. I was so happy. What doesn't make people's days? Or injuries? Michael Harris exiting with that issue. That's never a good thing. Bats are never good. Jazz Chisholm expects to play today against the Mets after that shoulder stinger that he had. Speaking of the Mets, Omar Narvaya is going to the IL. He's going to miss eight to nine weeks. Welsh, Look, the Mets have nothing to lose by playing Alvarez. If Valvarez out there in your league, and chances are you know, I would say around fifty percent he is, If not more, I'd have to check what he is right now in terms of roster percentage. But there's no reason for the Mets not to give him a shot and let him get some at bats. You don't bring this guy up to sit, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Oh no, wells, but that's the reason why he wasn't here before. If they were going to allow him to just sit, he would have probably made the opening day roster. But no, they wanted him to get run. He's gonna get to be one of the guys here and he actually, you know what's great about this, In a lot of spots, he doesn't have catcher eligibility right now, so if you can get him in these games, we can reacquire. He was utilh only, which kept him off a couple spots. That's actually why I think he's more available than you would expect because of that stupid util only. But yeah, no pick up Francisco Alvarez that was going early in triple A. Even run in a little bit, and as long as the catching stuff doesn't get really really awful, which at this point, I mean, all the cat what are the catchers doing? They's just framing. You know, you can't throw anymore, You can't throw any guys out or anything like that it's just about framing. So if the framing is up there, they don't even need to call the games, especially in a veteran pitching staff like that. Out the what Alvarez is required to do is so much less than a catcher was like ten years ago. I mean, legit, you barely have to throw because they're stealing, and you don't have to even call the game. So just frame, You're all good. Francisco Alvarez definitely a pickup.
Speaker 1: For Rostered on CBS. I like the U CBS because a lot more people are paying for it as well. Stuff Always think that's a better one to look at. So I'm also cool little things here From the chat, Larry wants to know when the cousin Donnie betting segment is making the show. I do want to know that. I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: I would love to see Donnie just like make a bet every day, you know how, like we flip the coin for the Homer, just like don just say.
Speaker 1: The bets Donn Arizona. It's legal. You go out there, you make a bet. We're gonna whatever your betting on that day, We'll put on the shows. The Official slash Unofficial cousin Donnie Bet of the day. Let's continue on with some of the headlines too, and talk about, uh, some of the ups and downs from yesterday. Lad Guerrero was certainly in up three for five with a homer, two runs and RBI for him Rafaeld Devers, who I kicked myself, Welsh. I had him in the prize picks. He was gonna be my home run pick. I kept going back and forth. I did not get my home run. Pick. I should have picked Devors. I wouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Obviously right now, think in the same way. I actually Devors. I wanted to put in multiple man the prize picks across, and I didn't.
Speaker 1: I here's the here's the fun thing too. How mad were you that I came back in my first day I had a home run? Did that really tweak you because you were on the cold streak yesterday? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of it. It's insane. You came right out the gates with the wander fronto homer. I mean, listen, I was in a dilemma. You gotta understand. Last night there are forty eight thousand people, twenty of them were probably Dodger fans. But I'm sitting on Diamondback fans as a Diamondback fan, and I needed one base. I needed one hit from Freddy Freeman to cash two different bets, because one of my bets yesterday, if you guys followed, was total basis Freddy Freeman. I had a fantasy score on another pick up thing, and then I had the home run call. Freddie hits that opposite field of homer, and I go yes, and then I just kind of like duck my head, put my arms out. I'm like, oh yeah, I'm at Diamondbacks fans here. I was pretty stoked to get on the board because you weren't even here and you would.
Speaker 1: Already hear it was just a beer today, by the way. In more misery for Mets fans news, the third up yesterday, Michael Confordo with three for four, a homer, three runs, three rebies, two walks. Michael Confordo looking really sharp yesterday. I had real concerns about Canforda going into the year because he hadn't played in the whole season he had the shoulder injury. This was a big game for him early on. We'll see if it continues to carry over. The Giants offense just lit up Lance Linn more on him in a second, But we kept saying, you know, why take Jock Peterson where you can wait another two rounds and just take Michael Confordo. And so far that logic seems to be paying off, because Conforido looks pretty good, better than I anticipated him looking at this stage, especially in April. I don't know if it maintains, but Confordo, another guy welshit. You know, I'm sure in some of the more shallow leagues is floating out there. Would you take a flyer on Confordo getting back to form because at his peak this was a twenty five to thirty home run guy, hit a two sixty five batting average type.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I mean he can start off awful against the Yankees and the Yankee series he was hitless. So coming into this Chicago series having two multi hit games, having some homers in there, absolutely the Giants offense wants to get going. And I don't know particularly how great the pitching is in the NLST right now when they're playing those games. So yeah, Confordo is totally It's not even really a speculative ad. He's probably dropped in a whole lot of spots of people freaking out after that Yankee series, and I'd swip him.
Speaker 1: Up, all right. Some guys maybe that had some bad days. Yesterday on Thursday, land Slim had a bad day. I'm not worried at all. It was the day game. He left a couple of pitches up, all the pitches he left up coming out of the yard. I'm not worry. He was great in spring. He was due for a bad game. If he has two or three, then we'll worry. He's the Alray's at nine. He gave up eight earned runs yesterday, five k's. After the game, he just said, I just sucked. Like some days just don't have it. Some days lead balls up and they go out of the ballpark. Spencer turnball was a turnstyle five and two thirds, five earned for him, one strikeout, gave up a home run his Thera's at thirteen point five, but all Man the third down. Blake Snell Welsh all Man three and two third, six hits, four earned, four walks, only two k's eras seven eight, eight. Man, what you're doing? It's my Blake Snell voice.
Speaker 2: Oh man, okay, yeah, no, man, yeah, knowing a lot today, well Snell was on my trade four early on in the video that I posted. This is not what you want to see. But I'm still a couple. I'm still going to give it just a tiny bit because the strikeout numbers were crazy. He did not have Andlan was also like, it's a really tough matchup. But in that first game he had all those swinging misses. He was getting strikeouts, but the ineffectiveness with the walks, you're seeing it again. I would just point out that last year, his first two months of the season, and that doesn't help, especially for the trade video side. Maybe we needed to save this from May. He was absolutely lit up four eight ERA in May because he was out April and a six two ERA in June, but then he proceeded to have an under three ERA July on the rest of the entire year, so he's definitely a slow starter. I wouldn't go crazy freaking out about Blake Snell. If anything, I think this opened up more of a buying opportunity on the real, real low. But the walks have got to stop.
Speaker 1: It's brutal. Justin in the chat, Blake Lively is better than Blake's now, I can't disagree. She's hilarious on social media by the way, her and her husband Ryan Reynolds going at it. Oh yeah, time or so funny. That's that's what you that's what you're looking there. Then you're looking for that kind of relationship in life. But look the Snell stuff. It's the inefficiency with Snell, which is why even though you made and a lot of people made a lot of good cases for the ADP being you know, too low on Snell, I thought it was deserved because the inefficiencies are always what comes around with him. When he is efficient, he's a very good pitcher. When he's not, unfortunately, it's he's becomes a fantasy liability. And I think that's something that it's puzzling as to why. I don't know if it's a mental thing, if it's a mechanical thing, I don't know what that reason is. And you know, when he's on the West Coast, I don't get to see as much Blake Snell. You see the highlights, you don't really get to watch full games very often. So that's just something to you know, keep in mind that if he has a good run here and you're not buying it, then maybe you get out of the Blake Snell business.
Speaker 2: Yeah here was a well maybe yeah maybe. By the way, I'm taking a look here too, the swing and Missus were way down again because I had I hadn't really looked into the start slider up fastball. The velos were kind of down. It was Yeah, it was just ineffectiveness and no command. It didn't look like anything else really really worrisome though. The change up even went down further. And I know no one wants them to throw that. So yeah, I don't know you could get out of the Blake Snell business, but I think it might be a little bit too early.
Speaker 1: I remember it is fun Friday. So I got some fun stuff lined up here on the show. And Troy wants to know where do we post home run calls? Well, Troy, you post them Mad Fantasypros dot Com slash chat in our discord. That's what you do. So join the discord. It's free to joined, and go look for the home Run channel and then you can get some free stuff. We're giving away, giveing away monthly prizes, We're giving away an annual prize. Is gonna be so much fun, good things. Getting the home run contest. It's April you got plenty of time. Hey, you get one right today you're tied with Welsh. This is a fun article. It was on MLB that I took. It was key trends and takeaways from the first week of baseball. I thought this was fun. Welsh ironically, bab it is up? Who would have thought batting average balls and play in the league is up. That is a good trend. You know why because the shift is not what it used to be. So of course babbitb is up and that's good for baseball. The time of game still low, also good. Here's what was interesting to me. A lot of hitters setting personal best in exit velocity marks. And some of the names are not your normal names, like you know it's it's guys like Jake Berger going one hundred and sixteen and a half going, Josh Lowe and one oh nine, Brandon Donovan one o nine. It begs the question, are we is this April or is this the juice ball back?
Speaker 2: Oh man, you undersold it too. Taylor Modern had I think the second hardest at one fourteen point eight.
Speaker 1: That tells you, Taylor Matter one fourteen point eight, mos, brow are you?
Speaker 2: I would never discount that The juice ball is back. If you someone said it, I'd be like, Okay, yeah, I believe it. If I were to look in a different direction, I wonder if it's also just the approach with pitching, in the fast pitch stuff. I mean, you like it's wild when you're especially at a game like I was last night, with like how quick you turn your head one left or right and all of a sudden the next pitch is coming. I wonder if it is part of the approach and the setup. There's a whole lot less going on reaction time with hitters, maybe a little bit more on point, you know, it'd be interesting to look at like pitch usages and a sweepers or renowned and everything like that. But maybe fastball ue usage is up. I don't know. I tend to think that also the speed of the game might be playing a little bit of a role in some of this. But also that doesn't like attest to the science behind it, which really the only true answer. Besides we have the shift and babbit going up for hard X velocities would really just be the juice ball, you know, the air and judge ball. Maybe they just wanted to put the air and judge ball back into play for the whole year.
Speaker 1: Maybe they did. And just a reminder too, you have to be premium in order to get into the home run channel, and there's way to do that and that is one year free premium upgrade. Drop a comment below. You might be the person who wins that, which is amazing, or you just go to fancypros dot com slash upgrade slash premium. Excuse me, I can't remember anything today. It's Friday. My mind is complete. Mushypros dot com slash premium. That's where you upgrade to premium, because that's the word premium. Welsh what Oh no, there we go naked for a second. Speaking of all of the fun things going on now, Welsh was at the game yesterday and when mayor this might have to be the poll of the day. I'm gonna put this up. There's a picture of Is this a picture of Welsh at the game.
Speaker 2: Or I know exactly here's the picture.
Speaker 1: I want everyone to take a good look at this picture and tell me did Welsh shave? Is this the Welsh because it kind of looks like the Welsh in his playing days for the Diamondbacks. If you can correctly. Guess who this is. Maybe it's the Welsh, maybe it's not. You will always win my undying respect everybody. And again this is the visual here, which is why you have to watch and subscribe to the YouTube channel. And fancy Bros MLB. I saw we just gained another hundred subscribers yesterday. Huge stuff. So take a good look. I want everybody to tell me is this the Welsh or is it someone else who actually did play or work for you?
Speaker 2: Take a good look, Take a good look, because you know what, there's nothing more offensive then someone being like, oh you know what you look like. It's always a fan. Has there ever been a time where someone's like, hey you look like and you're like, wow, that's a comped.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's offensive at all. I think this guy looks happy to be a diamondback. What is offensive? He's a good looking guy's easy.
Speaker 2: Joe profession, like, hey, you know who you look like? And you saw it and you're like wow, look at it.
Speaker 1: All the time that everybody says I look like the lead singer from Disturbed, that's what people say that I look.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know, okay yea.
Speaker 1: And the funny thing is the other day we talked about, well, does Joe you know, look like the lead singer of Disturbed, And we talked about also the different wigs that I have to where when we get to fifteen thousand subscribers, and one of them was potentially a girl scout wig. So here's a fun picture of what that might look like. So there you go. Are you down with the finn Mins? Everybody? Get down with the fin Mins?
Speaker 2: Hold on, is that the is that the face of the Disturbed singer?
Speaker 1: That is the face of the Disturbed singer? You do look selling finns and a girl scout wig, so you actually look a lot like this guy I know. Idea boom. There you go. So I'll hope again if you're just listening to the show, you gotta you gotta watch.
Speaker 2: It's just this is at least for me. At least for me, nothing has ever been a positive. They're always negative. They're like, hey, John, I had.
Speaker 1: Like this one from Donnie c cousin. Donnie, you seem too happy in that picture, so can't possibly be you?
Speaker 2: No, I can't pig me. I had someone come up to me. I'm not even joking. I was with a friend to a spring training game and ask if I was John Lackey and I was like, I hate my Well.
Speaker 1: It's not John Lackey. So now anyone guessed in the chat who that is? All right, we're gonna go do some more baseball stuff. And while you're thinking about it, I want to hear your answers. Is it Welsh? And if anybody can figure out who that is?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you what a horrific like handle for me to have to If this is gonna be a game, is it the Welsh? It's gonna be a whole game. Now it's just gonna be pictures of monsters that look like.
Speaker 1: After all, is it the Welsh? I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: I mean, you guys are gonna go to the Goonies and pick the the Yeah, the monster and Goonies.
Speaker 1: Does this look like the Welsh? I want to have you on this weekend for Easter, and then on Monday I want you to come back to the show with the Diamondbacks hat on and see if that works.
Speaker 2: Actually, I am I am shaving this week.
Speaker 1: I gotta get better bringing us back in properly. These I'll tell you this is Friday, folks. This is what happens. All right, let's get to some prize picks here, and of course, with prize picks, Welsh, you've been crushing these. What do you have on tap for us? I'll go through mine after yours.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you though. The Jordan Lyles one killed me yesterday.
Speaker 1: I just want five and two thirds. I texted you when I saw it. Well, all the response I gave.
Speaker 2: He got out of the fifth with ninety five pitches down five and the team brought him back in and then replaced him and he was able to get an out or two. He actually even gave up a walker hit on the first batter in the next inning. It was crazy to me. They just didn't want me to hit it. I've got two lock guys that I'm gonna have a wacko one today. So for prize picks, I'm gonna go for a three first. So twenty bucks would pay you one hundred dollars if you want to do that, use a promo code. Leading off, I've got Trey Turner Fantasy score eight and a half points. I like that one today going up again. So I think it's the Reds, right, Hunter Green and the Reds. I've got Aaron Judge total bases. I think he's got like a four or five hundred record against Ian Kreamer. Yes, give me Aaron Judge Shuttle bases and follow me on this one. McKenzie gore strikeouts over four. His prop is actually at four and a half. I like him to hit five or six in this game, so I'm gonna put mckenziy Gore in there. So one does not look like the other. Aaron Judge total bases, Fantasy score for Trade Turner and mckenzy Gore strikeouts over for my three piece on the Price Picks.
Speaker 1: Doesn't Dean Kreamer sound like one of those bad guys who runs the college in one of those crappy nineties movies, right, like, oh no, we pissed off Dean Kreamer.
Speaker 2: He's got like big, like slick back hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's wearing a jacket with always really.
Speaker 2: Mean to his secretary. And yeah onred percent, don't forget everybody.
Speaker 1: Prize Picks will match one hundred percent of your first deposit up to one hundred dollars. Use that promo code leading off and could download the app or just go to prizepicks dot com. But you gotta use the promo code leading off. That's what you gotta do, all right. My picks for today, I'm sticking with the uh mostly the fantasy stuff today, but I do have one. I'm going back to the well with the Lucas Giolito and the the White Sox. Yesterday burn me bad. I'm learning to just move on along to the next day, very Bill Belichick Monson's five and a half pitcher strikeouts and going with the over on that one. Francisco Lindor hit her fantasy score over seven today and Showiltani tonight. That's right, you got your Dally Jotani eight and a half. I'm going over on that one as well. In terms of betting today, back on the White Sox again because I'm playing the Pirates. I don't care. Yesterday's a bad day, Shake it off. Move on, White Sox, Milwaukee Dodgers. You put those three favorites together, you get plus three oh seven on the money line over on FanDuel. Go make that wager today. I've already made that wager too. Throw ten bucks, you win thirty. It's a good day. Everyone's happy. Show Altani point five RBIs like the over on DraftKings on that Tyl McGill six and a half strikeouts. I think that number is way too high on FanDuel and going the under on that. Randy Arosarina point five RBI down against the Oakland A's today, that's over on DK point five. Again, these are straight from the prop bet chee sheet over at Betting Pro, so go check them out, Welsh, what are you wagering on today?
Speaker 2: Hey? Pointing out yesterday my money line parlay hit if you guys took it, and I think it was just Toronto and Atlanta, that one was a nice plus one fifty. I believe it was all right. So the plays that I have got for you today matt Olsen total bases. I like Judge and I like Trout, but they're both minus money on the total basis. But matt Olsen total bases one point five over. He's got a five seventy seven career record against. I'm completely blanking on the pitcher who's going against. That's plus one fifteen. So matt Olsen total bases. I have got two weird strikeout ones. One is the mckenzy gore one which is sitting around. I actually think it might be plus money right now, like plus one ten, one fifteen, Mackenzy Gore strikeouts four and a half. I'm taking over. This is the weirdest one, and you might have to pair it with something. Brad Keller strikeouts three and a half. He's got some new breaking balls. I love this one. It's minus one sixty on books though, so it's kind of a no better. You could pair it with Gore. I actually also did a pairing with Zach Eflin because I kind of like Eflyn today. But however you want to do it. And then finally, I'm going with a hits parlay and I'm putting that with three guys Olsen, Turner and Mike trut Just need one hit across the board that pays two hundred. Just have a little fundzies there and those are my bets, all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's settle this fundzie. This picture here again. Fantasy Pros YouTube channel YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB. This is the MLB channel we want you to be a part of. If you're looking at it right now, this is not the Welsh. It is Rico Bronia. Ladies and gentlemen, remember Rico Bronia played for the Mets.
Speaker 2: Great names.
Speaker 1: I played for the Phillies. You remember Rico Bronia, first baseman. Rico Bronia short lived time with the Diamondbacks. But my got You know, you always look like John Lackey. There's a John Lackey thing here. But something about this one here. I'm telling you if under the hat shaved, it's the smirk uh. And this is not Joe p as Apia, just so you know it is, it could be. It does look a lot like me. I know, I like the s'mores cookie. I think girls scalt cookies are overrated, hot take. I think they are. I think they're just it's fine. I like this, so I buy them every year to support. But I'm don't go crazy like, oh my god, the girlscout cookiees like, who cares?
Speaker 2: I got better, bit onto new stuff. I was just forced into buying popcorn for my kid to support their they've moved into snacks ten dollars bags of popcorn, so we'll see.
Speaker 1: How that goes. Yourra Is your daughter a girl scout?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, this is like a school fundraiser, and they have to they get something apparently for selling it and there's the most expensive popcorn, but it looks really good. Gourmet popcorn. Gourmet popcorn or thin mint Cormet popcorn.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, the thin mints are overrated. I'm just saying, like I'd rather have an oreo. I'm gonna eat a cookie, just saying, but the s'mores cookie is very good. It's pointing out there, I look at the Smores cookie DFS. Here's what I like today. Here's your fun oppo. Play Zach Eflin at home eight point a K. It's gonna be very under rostered. If you're looking for a secondary picture on DK, go that route. Brandon woodro for ten to five, Clayon Kershaw ten eight. Those are your big dogs today. They got good matchups. Just do it. Milwaukee's whole lineup is still under rat underappreciated. I like the Milwaukee stack. You can kind of get some of the Dodger guys in the Tampa Bay guys using some of the Milwaukee guys. So I'm back on that train, which brings us, of course to the home run calls of the day, which is always a good time. The home Run Board as of today. Shout out to Ethan for making the board every day BHB daddy, not HGH daddy, which is a whole other thing. He's at five still where she's at five? They they, I guess the proper pronoun they are at five. Somebody give me a bud light. JJ Tator is up at four. I like the name jj Tator for home run.
Speaker 2: I like saying the word tater and just I'm.
Speaker 1: Rooting low key, I'm rooting for JJ Tator. I am going with Freddy Freeman tonight. I am going with Freddie Freeman for the weekend because I always like my make my weekend calls. He's got bum Gunner today, so I figure they're gonna getting that bullpen pretty quick. That's my guess. Either that her Bumgunner goes seven shutout innings. That seems to be what April's all about. But I'm going with your boy, Freddie Freeman, keeping the streak alive throughout the weekend. Welsh, where are you going for your home run call today?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with Matt Olsen. Mad Elson's a part of my total bases. Like I said, it's a good there's a good BVP matchup here and see if I can possibly find it to give it to you real quick. Yeah, against Nick Martinez, he's got a couple career homers and only ten plate appearances. He's got two homers, a four forty four average and eleven hundred slug I like, and Mike Mayer completely copied me on this, but I think for the week I guess I'll go with Olsen for the weekend. I would say I almost went Judge. Judge was the other one if I had to have that. But you know, we're gonna go with Matt Olson. We'll lock it in for the weekend. Let's get some homers, Let's get more.
Speaker 1: On the board.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: True story here from the vapors in the chat, peppermint JoJo's from Trader Joe's crushed in vanilla ice cream. No, absolutely a good thing.
Speaker 2: And what's hilarious. I have the JoJo's in my pantry right now, but they're the vanilla JoJo's from Trader Joe's. We didn't get the name.
Speaker 1: I haven't had the vanilla Joch.
Speaker 2: Phenomenal, phenomenal JoJo's Joe.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. So if I take a picture of myself eating the JoJo's, that's Joe eating JoJo's.
Speaker 2: That'd be a great item in the Fantasy Pro shop. Just have Joe faced Oreo.
Speaker 1: That's what everybody wants.
Speaker 2: Pat yourself with Joe this weekend.
Speaker 1: Everybody. It's some really uh some different takes here on the thin mins. Some people very much agree with me the positive grouch agreeing with me thin min's are the worst. I don't think they're the worst. I just don't. I think they're overrated. And then you two k thin Min's are awesome. Saying otherwise is blasphemous, so very very hot. Take you today in the chat. Things are going on there wells before we close out today, what are you looking forward to this weekend in Major League Baseball? You already did. Go Oh, Mayor just changed his home run call. I just saw it to c J Cron because he doesn't want to be like you. So CJ. Crone, everybody just got changed. Mayor the worst. He just doesn't want to be with you at all.
Speaker 2: I think that's it with me.
Speaker 1: Watch CJ. Cron has three home runs today and you get an er from metals.
Speaker 2: Over four strikeouts. Yeah, I mean, I'm looking for Cormyn Carroll to ever swing the bat properly. I'm looking forward to is he gonna sit to I told Bogman that last night before the game was over. I'm like, there's zero chance he plays. He's playing so bad, swinging through everything. Get him the hell out of there. It's against the lefty. No way he plays tonight. But I'm really looking forward to taking this autographed mantle and switching it out for another number seven, which will be putting up on the wall next week.
Speaker 1: Mets Opening Day today in their ballpark. The new screen. I don't know if you've seen this. Uncle Steve bought us a new TV. It is ridiculous, so it's it's almost like the Dallas Cowboys Stadium. It feels like now it's like the biggest screen I've ever seen the baseball stadium.
Speaker 2: I saw that they actually had this weird edit in MLB the show where like they screwed up the screen so bad. It was like it was like a third of the entire video game screen because they didn't do it properly. Because it's some crazy wild screen that, yeah, that the Mets have put up. I'm excited to see it. I like big old screens back there.
Speaker 1: Big all screens are good. Big old home runs are even better to tail. Again, everybody, enjoy your holiday weekend here, enjoy that time with your friends, with your family, or if you haven't, you know, you're away from those folks, you know, enjoy the baseball and just you know, try to relax a little bit and take some time for yourself. It's good to do. It's good. Mental health is important. Take a little break, enjoy the weekend. Everybody, enjoy the baseball. It's gonna be a lot of it. And again, remember it's only the first week or so of baseball. The things that happen here become a distant memory come May and June, so don't hyperventilate, don't get too crazy about everything. Put your waiver wire claims in. If you haven't already, go check out my waiver wire video and Welsh's trade video. It's right here on the Fantasy Pros MLB YouTube channel. And if you just listening to this show, as Mike Mayer was trolling me before, what a great listen today for everybody all these visual things. Well, we want you to come and watch the YouTube show because it's a good time, it's fun. We want you to join us live when you can too because we're a good time so enjoy the baseball. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey Pe. We'll see you next side kids, Fini