Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Jim Stadbeck along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks today. We're joined by Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent Normal Inda with today's stock movers. What is going on in the after hours.
Speaker 4: Well, I am looking at some of the crypto link stocks that finished higher. I mean, you've been really looking at Bitcoin just rallying NonStop. If you look at xbtusd ticker up for about one hundred and eleven thousand dollars is what it's currently trading at right now. And you're seeing a lot of the other companies like hot A, Clean, Spark, a few of those other names out here really writing the AI wave here, a lot of them expanding into artificial intelligence data centers, and you're really starting to see that further booing the space even more than it was before.
Speaker 1: Tim Booing is a hard word to say. Sometimes you know that I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna let you take it. You are just sounded out. You are Aptain Carroll, and I assume that that is a sailing term. Also, which are their booies? Are booi?
Speaker 1: Do you know actually nautical terms? Like, I was just watching something on PBS about how the origins of words and expressions.
Speaker 3: You look, so I think, what were you watching? I want I want to know what you were watching on Netflix that you're keeping. This is our weekend watch, mind you, Carol the Diplomat. Oh that's really good, Yeah, quite good.
Speaker 1: There's the whole freaking season. Can I say freaking your second season? Know the latest one?
Speaker 3: Well, you have to go back and watch like the end of I forgot what happened to the first Sea. I feel like I have to go back and watch like episodes eight and nine and ten or whatever? Did you have to say that.
Speaker 1: She's got a new squeeze like me and squeeze like my husband are Like?
Speaker 3: Where that come from?
Speaker 1: I'm just saying anyway, thank you Netflix for coming out last night, because we had two more episodes.
Speaker 3: Netflix Earnings later this week. We're keeping it on see task, We're focusing.
Speaker 2: On our world.
Speaker 1: Okay, where do you want to go next?
Speaker 4: Let's look at some names that ended lower today in trading. So Getty images and shutter Shock both of those companies tumbled. We got Getty that's ticker g E t Y and Shutter Shock S S t K, both.
Speaker 3: Of them lower H.
Speaker 4: This is after the UK's Competition and Markets authorities said that their merger may be expected to result in a substantial lessening of competition here. So I mean, of course you are seeing some pressure to both of those thoughts. If, of course, if you hear that news, that's not what investors have.
Speaker 1: Regulators heard about A did they just hear the interview that we did on Bloomberg Adobe, Like people are going to be creating images like there could be competition. You're going to create images, Tim, I'm going to create images. Nor you're going to create I.
Speaker 3: Think people call the AI slop.
Speaker 4: Yes, do you make that up?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, I wish I should take Yeah, people take credit for I mean that people actually say that I cannot take credit for.
Speaker 1: I'm terrified. I'm terrified.
Speaker 4: Let's talk Apple, Apple, I mean we cannot get through this conversation with I'll talking about Apple. Massive day for them, of course, hitting your first record of twenty twenty five. And this is after a lot of the optimism that we saw for AI demand coming from the US and China. This in particular from the iPhone seventeen series, which is the most recent series that we saw drop, and this is a fourteen percent uptick in sales, and what we saw from the previous lineup, which was the iPhone sixteen. I'm losing count as I speak, seventeen. Yeah, seven, we're on seventeen now.
Speaker 3: But that's really what we're.
Speaker 4: Seeing pushing this stock higher. And of course we know that this is a stock that has barely gained what maybe five percent year to date. It's up four point seven percent so far this year or so. This is some fantastic news for the company. You were definitely seeing Wall Street investors celebrating today.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of celebrating, we're seeing shares of some regional banks move higher.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Also in the after hours, let's start with Western Alliance.
Speaker 1: Well, let's do that because thank you, first of all, Zions for coming out right, because they came out with their earnings and we know both Scions and Western Alliance, you know, there's a little bit of a freak out last week in terms of concerns about credit concerns, and then we saw the stock kind of turn around the fall first of all, we had twenty four hours we were worried about like regional banking crisis two point zero, and then within twenty four hours I think we started to get here from the bank about credit losses and feeling like it was a self contained thing. Well, Zions came out with their earnings, confirmed their loan losses right in terms of what we were expecting, and it looks like there's no other concern. So Zion's is rallying in the aftermarket.
Speaker 3: And we're also seeing Western Alliance rally in the aftermarket right now. Western Alliance shares up three point three percent this after the results coming from Zions.
Speaker 1: Take our WL and then Zions ticker ZIO and that's rather makes sense there, and that's up about three percent. So we just wanted to throw that in there.
Speaker 3: So Zion's higher and then Western Alliance higher and sympathy.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, right, different tone than what we got last week. Oh yeah, for sure, good stuff. All right, We're going to certainly be watching all of these names and certainly other regional banks into the Tuesday trade. Nora, thank you so much. Bloomberg TV Markets correspondent Normal Linda.
Speaker 2: The stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.