Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Steneback, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 1: All Right, you want earnings, Carol, I'll give them to you Instacart or maple Bear, depending on how you want to see it. Those shares higher in the after hours trade. In the second quarter, gross transaction value did come in right around estimates ten point three to five billion. The street was looking for ten point two billion dollars ipadah coming in above estimates at three hundred and thirteen million dollars. Here's your forecast going forward. The company says that for the third quarter, the current quarter, it s thees gross transaction value in a range of ten point three to ten point five to five billions. So on a sequential basis not quite a big bump from what we saw from the past quarter. But investors least the knee jerk reaction curl to the upside up four percent.
Speaker 3: All right, So let's get to it at a stock that's been outperforming this year, Akamai, which is up about thirty six percent year to date. Let's get to its numbers. Just crossing the Bloomberg terminal, let's go right to the outlook. Alkimai sees fiscal year revenue four point forty five billion to four point fifty three billion. It had seen four forty five billion to four to fifty five billions. So maybe just raining in barely the top end c third quarter just at EPs of a bucks sixty to a dollar eighty. The street estimate is a dollar seventy. So right in the middle of that range you can see Akamai shares perhaps some disappointment here, down about eight percent to say the least second quarter. Looking backwards, a second quarter adjusted EPs just a penny better, a dollar fifty nine a share. Second quarter revenue in line one point one billion. Again that was the street estimate. So maybe remain investors who have pushed up this share price are looking for more.
Speaker 1: May I'm been looking for more. There you see the shares down significantly. You know, tim, I'm looking at another stock right now, and that's trade desk. We'll share getting killed right now. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they are shares down about fifteen percent in the after hour second quarter adjusted EPs miss estimates. I mean, going into this print, the ad tech company shares, we're under pressure, down more than fifty percent so far this year. That third quarter outlook coming in below estimates. Listen to listen to this trade desk sees third quarter revenue of at least six hundred and fifty million. The estimate was for eight hundred and eight point four million. From an earnings perspective, the company sees or the company second quarter revenue came in below estimates too, rather at seven hundred and fifteen million dollars. The estimus for seven hundred and fifty million dollars, So a miss looking backward and a miss also looking forward. Shoes down seventeen percent.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, let's go to Airbnb. It two is crossing the Bloomberg terminal as we speak, bringing up the ticker here and you've got again let's go to the outlook like to go there. Company sees third quarter revenue four point sixty nine billion to four point seventy seven billion. Street estimate is four point six billion, so raising certainly the estimate the range. Their stock is right now up about two point nine percent here in the after market. The company going backwards second quarter EPs that was a dollar thirty seven versus a dollar three year over year. The company also saying it sees fiscal year adjusted EBITA margin at least thirty five point five percent, slightly higher than the street estimate of thirty five point four percent. Second quarter again now going backward, sorry as the numbers cross here. Second quarter revenue was three point sixty one billion. That's a little bit higher, remain than what the street was expecting. It was three point fifty eight billion. Again, and Poster's liking it initially up more than two and a half percent.
Speaker 1: Put this up against the backdrop of what we learned the other day from Expedia and Booking Holdings, and of course we heard from the airlines a couple of weeks ago, and it does seem that overall the travel sector, certainly here in the US, has held up pretty well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Airbnb also, I mean this optimistic outlook I'm just looking at our Natalie Lung putting it right through on the Blueberg terminal. Airbnb is optimistic outlooks suggesting that travel demand remains healthy. Overall nights and seats book jumping ten percent to one hundred and forty eight point three million tim in the second quarter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just going through their investor letter right now. The company says one of the most encouraging trends in the second quarter was that it saw a year over year growth accelerate, not just in the expansion markets, but in many of our largest core markets as well. Net origin knights booked in the US, France, the UK, and Australia all accelerated in the second quarter. Airbnb says it reinforces our confidence that our product innovation is driving demand across our business. To your point, Romain, is it just it's not just an Airbnb store.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's what I was trying to get at here, whether this is something specific or whether this is more sort of an industry all wide thing. We're getting quite a few other earnings, including from Dropbox and also from Lift. Lift shares looks like they're bouncing around here. In the after hours trade. Two qeps pretty much in line with estimates at thirteen cents a share, growth bookings five point five billion. The street was looking for five point three seven billion, so a bit of a smidge quite above that rides also slightly above as well. For your guidance for the current quarter. The third quarter adjusted EPs arrange one eighty three to two oh three the street on average looking for one ninety two. I'm rounding up there. And for the U and for the third quarter gross bookings, the company sees about five point five to five point six seven billion dollars there, and you can see lift shares now up about seven percent.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, Let's get to Sweet Green also, which of course has been under pressure concerns about Lettuce and that has certainly put pressure on this name and others. Second quarter results revenue one hundred and ninety two point seven million, That is a little light. The Bloomberg consensus estimate was for one hundred and ninety five million dollars adjusted EBIT, a loss of eighteen since here the estimate profit was for six eighteen Let me make sure I've got these numbers right forgive me as they go through them. Yeah, So second quarter adjusted EBITA loss point two million versus an estimated estimated profit of six point eighteen million. So that's stacked, not surprise, see it down right now about nine percent tim here in the aftermarket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and updated outlook as a result of what the company says is reflects reduced consumer demand for fresh prepared foods due to the multi state outbreak of cyclospora asis since mid July. The pace and timing of recovery remain uncertain. For fiscally your twenty twenty six, they now anticipate the following same store sales change between eight percent to seven percent restaurant level profit margin of ten point five to eleven percent. They are also are unclear about when there's some sort of recovery heromain. We've seen the story play out with other outbreaks of food born illnesses, but this one's a little bit different given how difficult it is to replicate in a lab because it's on such perishable items.
Speaker 1: And there's a big issue here also just about communication and what the public knows or don't know, and the idea of who you actually trust. And it has a lot of people just trying to avoid any kind of raw vegetables at restaurants. And we've talked about this a lot. Obviously, it was first you that kind of took the brunt of it. There was a privately held salad chain that just filed for Chapter eleven bankruptcy protection, saying that it was already having issues, but the cyclist for our outbreak kind of exacerbated that. So something we'll have to keep an eye on here as to whether there is any sort of meaningful drop in foot traffic. Remember the outbreak or at least the public awareness of this outbreak kind of came towards the end of the quarter so or actually came after the end of the quarter in July, so it won't probably be reflected in the three months past. Can I do tilio please?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really into the stock because it is, you know, the aware of the Internet. It's eleven percent right now, Tim Centevik, pretty decent numbers for the quarter. Expectations were high and the company did manage to beat them. One forty seven is your adjusted EPs number. That was a beat. One point five billion dollars that was your revenue, that is a beat. And the guidance going forward, the company says that full year adjusted operating income will be one point one foward to one point one six, relatively in line with estimates, and organic revenue growth will be about thirteen to thirteen and a half percent.
Speaker 3: All right, Just watching some of these stocks in the aftermarket. As you mentioned, Romaine Twilio is up about twelve percent. You've got Instacart up about twelve percent as we speak.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.