Speaker 1: Welcome to Pod meets Twirld, a podcast the once chronicled two guys who had never seen Dancing with the Stars, but watched a season and walked away experts. From there, we ventured into trader As, a show I'd never seen, but one Will swore he could win and now survivor season fifty, the Big One, and this time the roles are reversed. Will has seen exactly one season, the very first one.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, I've watched for years.
Speaker 1: We are Wilfred Ell, who prefers his wilderness with room service, and Ryder Strong, who will hike any mountain but hates the beach. Two best friends, one devoted to the comforts of civilization and one who would never leave the.
Speaker 2: Woods if he could.
Speaker 1: Both reality competition scholars join us as we dive into alliances, blindsides, fire making, sand related misery, and twenty five years of television history culminating in a single massive season. This is Pod meets Twirled Seeking Immunity.
Speaker 2: I like the long pause after the giant build up.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a long intro, it's a lot I love it, and the outro is.
Speaker 2: Like two sentences. I know the outro is probably should be more and this should be less.
Speaker 3: Against again, the four play is always always longer than post coitus.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows that.
Speaker 1: My my big takeaway feeling, my overwhelming feeling right now this week, after this episode, and I'm not sure why is that I want to be on.
Speaker 3: Survivor after this week. I don't disagree, really, yeah, I don't. This was a very fun on the edge of my seat totally. I now know everybody's name instantly, I'm in on their stories.
Speaker 2: I'm in, I'm in.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, great, So I think, yeah, I'm just sitting there going like, no, I think I could do this, and I think I would have a lot of fun doing that.
Speaker 3: I think you might have been a bit like Steph though, or people would cut to your talking head like Rider can't lie to me, so every time he does he's fidgeting.
Speaker 1: Oh God, look at So there's a way to play knowing that you know, Like I think, Ozzie is playing very straightforward game where he's not lying to anybody's face, but he's also not so confrontation that when he confronts people they still kind of like him.
Speaker 2: Rizzo is another interesting way to go about it. Another way, too, is like, hey, this is a game. I'm playing the game.
Speaker 1: Even Devin's like, I think it's when you start getting too personal, which is another problem I would have.
Speaker 3: Rizzo takes it to another level though, and it's the way I would play, which is childlike wonderment. Oh and so you can't kick off the four year old. They're having too much fun totally. And so when you go in with like this is the beat, I.
Speaker 2: Just can't believe. I'm just here having a good time.
Speaker 1: And I get to work with everybody and oh my god, I ate a coconut today and a kicksychopath like you exactly who wants to kick that person off? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You just you never know, man, I think there's playing Well, maybe it's just this.
Speaker 1: Point of the season when everybody's like crying because of the letters they get from home, and it just feels real. And I just cannot believe that every single per looks at it as like the greatest adventure that they've had, and like they see it as like this accomplishment that proves something about themselves to themselves. Yeah, and I just where I'm at right now, Like I thought I would never want to be on Survivor really. I mean, you know, you fantasize about it, like everybody does, I think, to a certain extent when you're watching it.
Speaker 2: But for some reason this week I was like, I think I could actually use this.
Speaker 1: I can do this and be good at this and like and be healthy for me, And I don't I don't know how seriously to take that. We'll see how I feel in a week, but for now, that's my feeling is that I would actually like to be on Survivor, and I think I.
Speaker 3: Think it's really interesting that I'm completely coming around on it again. The thing that hit me this week was because and again this is on me, because I'm coming into the season where I'm supposed to know all this stuff, but now they've been on They said this was day nineteen, so you're nineteen days of hunger and all that stuff. As your body shuts down, you have to keep your mind sharp. Yeah, And so it was like the end, you know, one point Devin's is like, Okay, don't react out of anger. When I react that out, bad things happen. So you have to, like in a more starvation state, continue to remind yourself that the game while having a lot of physical attributes is ultimately cerebral yes and social yes, and as that starts to shut down, that's when people make mistakes.
Speaker 1: We talked about that last week with Christian, where it looked like he was losing it a little bit, like actually kind of lost it. And I think that's what I don't that's what I miss and traders or like that's why I've never watched Big Brothers because I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, well, if you're just a house right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's this there's something about the struggle that these people are putting their bodies and their minds through that I don't know if that's appealing to me, you know. I mean this is I go backpacking, you know, where you go into the wilderness intentionally to test yourself and to get to a place where you're like like the shower you.
Speaker 2: Take when you come back from like five days at backpacking.
Speaker 1: Actually is the greatest shower you've ever had, you know, And it's like makes me appreciate it. It's like, oh, the food tastes so good again, Like I just I you know, I was watching them. I think that's probably maybe what we had too, like watching them eat, like you know, a bracker with hummus and they're just like this is so You're just like, yes, so awesome.
Speaker 3: I was so happy when I saw I was sitting there a sue and I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: This is a writer's talking about it. It's the auction, it's the auction. Yes, this week had a lot of the big the big hits. Yeah, great letters. Yeah, it's a great episode. And I think you're right too.
Speaker 1: We're just getting to the numbers where you can wrap your head around all the people. It probably feels a little less gossipy because now you know what they're talking about the when you know their characters.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but it's also it's fun because it might seem a little less gossipy. But as the hungery they're getting and the more they're trying to maintain some sense of like mental acuity, yeah, the paranoia also kicks in.
Speaker 2: I know. So then it's wait, what did they say? Who said this to me? I had no idea how they were going to vote.
Speaker 3: Man, I was like, that was chaos and people just flat out lying and I'm starting starting to not like certain people because they lied, and like, wait, my crush is totally changed.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean it's been it's I have a whole new crush. By the way, we'll get it all right.
Speaker 1: So, coming off of the last episode where Jeff participated and realized how hard his own show actually is, Christian lost his puzzle. I had to write his own name down. Emily made a move for Ozzie. Serie never was going to do that and told everyone, so they pivoted to Christian, and Christian is out back at camp. You know, Ozzie talks about being happy that he has finally learned how to build alliance and have social skills, which is great because he would have been knocked off in any other season, I think at exactly this point.
Speaker 2: So he's totally right. It's happy Gilmore. Did you see happy Gilmore?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, you never saw happy Gomore. He never saw the hen't think so. I've seen. Isn't that the scene where he beats up a golf player at one? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, beat he beats up Bob Barker. Okay, I've seen that scene. Okay, for whatever reason, but I don't know anything else.
Speaker 2: About the Miracle movie.
Speaker 3: And he can drive the ball farther than anybody, and he can hit the ball farther than anybody, but he can't.
Speaker 2: He has no short game.
Speaker 3: So at the end, he like he does this thing where he pulls out this putter and he hits the putt and he makes it from like thirty feet away and he looks up he.
Speaker 2: Goes, oh, oh happy he learned how to putt. And that's what I.
Speaker 3: Thought about with Ozzie, where it's like he's got all the physical act.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, exactly, no, man, I'm still just fully.
Speaker 2: In the bag for him.
Speaker 1: And he's my favorite scene too, Like watching him basically tell Emily and Devin's off to their face without really telling them off. He's just like, all right, you snaked me, you were kind of you did it, you wrote my name down.
Speaker 2: I'm still gonna have to work with you. And like they all managed to be okay with it.
Speaker 1: I mean, they still turned on him in the course of this episode, but ultimately I think it's the way to play, you know, to be like, hey, that sucked that you did that, but not I'm not going to take it so personally that I have to make a big dramatic scene and shame you. He's just calling you out, putting you on.
Speaker 2: Notice.
Speaker 1: I saw what you did there. I'm okay, Like I survived. I'm lucky I did. I got my alliances. I can't trust you the way I thought I could. Oh well, yeah, we move on eventually.
Speaker 3: In the Hunger Games, you've got to kill every other contestant. I mean that's there's one left at the end.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, exactly.
Speaker 1: So yeah, man, just he just made the smartest move locking step with with Syria early on this season.
Speaker 2: She well, she's yes, she's a lucky Avellian. I mean the best possible way I know. And it's incredible.
Speaker 3: It's because she goes from this like, oh my god, I get excuse me, I'm gonna be sick real quick, and then I'm gonna come back and everybody's laughing. And then she gets into gameplay and it's like she turns into Darth Vader.
Speaker 2: Where she's just like, yeah, let's talk about the next day. It's incredible, Yeah, I mean wonderful. All right. So then, yeah, Ozzy has this sort of easy way of.
Speaker 1: Telling them off and telling it like it is without being too aggressive.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate that.
Speaker 1: And then you know, Emily and Devin's call themselves the two psychopaths out here and this kind of becomes a theme of the episode. It's like, because Aubrey's doing the same thing, She's like, I'm a psycho, which really put me in the mind. Do you remember, like psycho was one of those words that was really popular when we were like teenagers.
Speaker 3: Dude is big on Boy Meets World, we would call girls psycho. I think you're a psycho?
Speaker 1: Right, And now it's like not so you hear anymore, Like yeah, because everyone got into like what it actually meant, which is like, you know, you're a serial killer, Like you're being a psychopath was like a diagnosable condition, so we stopped using it as slang.
Speaker 2: But it seems like it's making a comeback. And I was going to say, I'm not sure. I'm not sure. I feel bad about that. I think it's no great.
Speaker 1: It's actually me well, I remember when we were kids, like like Legal Weapon.
Speaker 2: You would talk about him in what's his name? Mel Gibson's character be like he's kind of a psycho, yeah, and it would be like a positive thing. It was like being psychotic was cool. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In the eighties it was they didn't play by the book. In the nineties, they were a psycho. Yeah, that's I mean, that's totally the way, all right. So then Devons decides to make a speech to everyone about his fake idol and reveal that it's a pocket square that he's rolled up. And I, you know, at this point I really thought he screwed his game. Turns out not to be the case. No, but not at all. But you know this point, I was like, yeah, yeah, man, I don't know like this, this this on the edge plane of like I'm constantly trickering, tricking everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm the trickster. And I was like, I don't think it's it's it's gonna work. But he pulled it off by the end of the episode, so he did.
Speaker 3: But he also shows that luck really does plays so many different facets to this game. It's physical, it's mental, and there's time where luck just matters. You're walking the right place, you find an idol, that's okay, you can search for him, but that's still lucky. Yeah, so yeah, it's it's It certainly is a multifaceted game.
Speaker 1: But the whole time Devon's is talking, do you see how the cameras is lingering on Joe listening to him, and he looks exactly like Robert de Niro and Taxi Driver. When he's staring at like the Alco cells are in the glass, like just getting more You're like, oh god, he's gonna knife him. He's gonna like like grab him and bite him. You know.
Speaker 2: I was like just.
Speaker 1: Getting more and more upset, and I'm like, geez, like so Devon's really rubs people like Joe the wrong way, like, you know, the people that are like you got to be straightforward, you know, were And I was like, so, who's going psycho right here? I think it's the the Joe's and the Jonathan's, the guys who are like trying to play it straight and keep their head in the game.
Speaker 2: They're a little more intense in a way that like.
Speaker 3: It's a weird analogy, but it's Thorn Loki totally. I mean, you've got you've got you've got to be a god and go by that, and then it's a total trickster.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean just even watching Jonathan the way he's like picking his beard like this like wise old man, Like you could see him like he's just starting to twitch a little bit. You know.
Speaker 2: They're all kind of enrap he.
Speaker 3: Is, and he's starting to get just I mean, I got you know, I know you got to play the way you gotta play, but lost some respect for Jonathan.
Speaker 2: I know, really did he let Stephanie take the fall? Yeah, he totally did.
Speaker 1: He like did not and then just lye into Ozzie's face and it's like, you don't have to lie, dude, Like play the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I did throw your name out there.
Speaker 3: I absolutely did, because we're trying to figure and I was trying to flush somebody else out.
Speaker 2: But just to just be like that never happened. It's like what never happened? Multiple times never.
Speaker 3: And all I think to myself is, you know eventually they're gonna watch, right like they're filming this right so.
Speaker 1: In the long run, even if it's good for your game right now, to lie, you're kind of looking like I'm not a great human in the end.
Speaker 3: Well. I remember one of the things that you know from the reality show World, one of the things that I heard, because I was a big Jersey Shore fan, was like Jersey Shore Season two, when they go to Miami, is considered one of the greatest seasons of any reality show ever. It's just amazing and one of the reasons is apparently they would sit the cast down and like show them all the stuff from the previous season and then go, now.
Speaker 2: We're starting again.
Speaker 1: So all the shit that was underhanded and behind, like he cheated on her, he did this and just lied about it. They're like watching that and then have to go into the new season. Crazy the stuff that that. It's like, yeah, you're right, you caught me doing.
Speaker 3: So I'm sitting there watching going He's gonna watch the show and see that you just flat out lied to him. So yes, the dynamic's crazy.
Speaker 2: All right. We get to the auction.
Speaker 1: I was so stoked and terrified because I really, like I am, I'm not a person who could eat.
Speaker 2: I could gross stuff. I could eat anything. Oh good for you, I could eat anything. I wouldn't even think about it. I might not be able to keep it down, but I'll eat it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would love to like try, but like yeah, I said, when I went to Thailand when I was like nineteen, I was like, I'm going to try bugs of course, and then like I saw it sizzly on the street, you know, like pull on, like.
Speaker 2: Here it is, you can buy it.
Speaker 1: You got them deep no, not even crickets. Man, Like, it's just like I won't do the crickets, I won't do the big bug.
Speaker 2: I'm like, none of it. I'm just like, oh, do you think is it a is it a mental thing?
Speaker 1: Or is it a taxar thing or all of the above really, because like you eat eel, you love eel, which I find a little gross, so really like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I think if I saw that it was a eel, like when I see eel.
Speaker 1: And sushi, it looks just like you know, yeah, if I think if I saw the eel's head, if I see a fish head, I.
Speaker 2: Definitely lose my appetite.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of the same way like I would. I don't want my shrimp with the heads on like a shrimp. I wanted to look like any Hana shrimp.
Speaker 2: And the few.
Speaker 1: Times that I've like actually killed an animal and eaten it, you know, not so much with fish actually, but certainly with like turkey, which is really the only thing I've ever hunted and actually eaten it, like ruins, the actual experience of eating it, it doesn't taste good, Like I'm like, oh, yeah, it makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: And I get it, and I know why it has to be done, and I'm so glad other people will do it because I'm too much. I just I'm the same way, Like that would be crying all through my venison, even knowing full well that the deer population needs to be thinned out.
Speaker 2: I couldn't sure do it.
Speaker 1: I sure and ethically, like it makes sense right when you're killed the thing, you eat it and we should be okay with it. But yeah, no, I mean this is why I became. I was raised the vegetarian. And then when I was fifteen sixteen, when we were doing boy, we dissect did a rabbit in my biology class, and I was so turned off that I was like, I can't do this. I shouldn't eat meat. So then I didn't eat meat for another ten years after that. Yeah, and then I had a salami sandwich. I met my wife, who is an incredible Puerto Rican Italian cook, yeah, who mostly makes meat like it's like for her, it's like it's not a meal unless it has a meat like a stable, like a staple meat dish.
Speaker 3: When you first met her, didn't she have a full bore on a spit that she had just hunted, Like, hey, nice to meet you on Malex, I.
Speaker 1: Mean her rice and beans, like her family's rice and beans, Like it's Puerto Rican rice and beans. It's made in bacon fat, you know, like that. It's like bacon is a part of it. It's like you can try that and yeah, oh it's so good.
Speaker 2: Try all right. Well, so we get to the auction.
Speaker 1: I was, yeah, like super excited because this is always a fun thing.
Speaker 2: But I have to say, none.
Speaker 1: Of the rules made sense to me now this whole and and this is my big criticism of this season is they keep introducing these like new ideas as if they make sense, Like tonight's a blood moon, which, as we all know, means three players get voted out in success like no, what you And in this case, he's just like chaos and what comfort? Comfort and chaos And you can just see as he's trying to explain it, everybody's just like tilting their heads going So.
Speaker 2: It's just chaos. It's good or bad.
Speaker 1: There's no way to play this, you know what I mean, There's no there was no predictable because it was like you vote for a thing, maybe it's good, maybe it's a good thing plus a bad thing.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a bad and it was like, I.
Speaker 3: Just say, it's literally Eric at the hotel, you can have this or a mystery bag, like it's like, what is this? I don't And then most of the things had no negative connotations attached to it at all.
Speaker 1: It was like there was there was no way you could listen to the way he explained the rules and then play it well. It just seemed like they were just making shit weird and confused scene and they should have just said, here's five hundred dollars, vote on stuff. Some of it's good, some of it's bad. Good luck, and that's it would have had the exact same result. So I didn't understand any of that, but whatever, you know, when they got to the two objects coming out, I guess is where there was something.
Speaker 2: I didn't see any strategy.
Speaker 1: I just saw you bet on something, took a chance, and then you either were eating grubs or you know whatever.
Speaker 3: Of all the all the dishes that came out, what's the one that you would have been like, that's that's what I need.
Speaker 2: I need that the fried.
Speaker 1: Chicken, I think because potatoes, Yeah, because I saw the first one that came out was French fries, right, French fries and onion rings.
Speaker 2: And I would be scared of that because like, I mean, look, that's what I.
Speaker 1: Want most, but after not eating like that kind of deep fried me, like, I don't would not trust my stomach to be able to handle that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, if that's the case, then it's the two chicken breasts in the broccoli is what you want?
Speaker 2: Oh that's true.
Speaker 1: I forgot that was a quick shot that we saw that you did end up getting that, do you know, Rizzo?
Speaker 2: I think, wow, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: When I saw like the if you actually could vote and what you you know, what you saw, I would have gone for like something later, like the snack plate.
Speaker 2: I guess that thing that you're talking about.
Speaker 3: She even says. Emily even says, and she's one hundred percent right. She's like, this is gonna make me ship myself so badly.
Speaker 1: Well because she got the freaking milkshake. But anything dairy, I mean even the mac and cheese.
Speaker 3: It's like if you have nothing and then you go straight dairy, like when you have the glass of milk and the.
Speaker 1: Cookies, see things, no, no, so yeah, so fries comes out one hundred and sixty dollars Devon's Milkshit comes out one hundred bucks that Emily gets.
Speaker 2: I would have been disappointed in that.
Speaker 1: I love that the snack track comes out and Jonathan and Nause are the ones voting for it because they're like the two healthy guys. I was like, yeah, they know, they they're smart. Eighty bucks to Jonathan. And then we get our first unknown shared item with Aubrey, who bids two hundred and eighty dollars. Comes at this like a g I mean, unneievable how she handles this.
Speaker 2: I know, and I love.
Speaker 1: Risto is like a picky eater, and then Aubrey's just like, I'm a psychle let's do that.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jesus Christ, You're not small. These are not two little bugs either.
Speaker 1: This was like, dude, I would have lost my ship. Yeah, and I think they were still alive.
Speaker 2: They were they were totally moving, one percent moving. I can't do that. I could not do that. You just you can't.
Speaker 3: You have to do it the way that you just thinking about it, jumping out imagine jumping off of an airplane or bungee jumping or anything where the longer you think about it, the worst is going to get.
Speaker 2: So just don't even think about it the way she did.
Speaker 3: He was like, She's like, go you have two minutes and they were down, like, don't think about it.
Speaker 2: Throw them in your mouth to them and then that's it. You've got to chew them and they're still hell no, no, no, I've seen grubs being eaten before.
Speaker 3: So anybody out there who's on a grub challenge of any kind, there is a secret I can give you from what I've seen.
Speaker 2: The first bite.
Speaker 3: You have to keep their head, part of their head and body out because when you bite, everything squirts.
Speaker 2: So you want it to squirt out of your mouth take it off, but I can't. I'm not. Oh my god, you I'm not putting my head bones back on until you now that you are not going to say, well, let me finish.
Speaker 3: So you bite either the head of the tail and it squirts out, and then the squirret doesn't go down your throat, it goes out.
Speaker 2: Now you can put your headphones back on. You're good. Swear to God. Swear to God.
Speaker 1: I want, seriously asked him, at okay, true, all right, get the cookies, and milk Riza just wins Jesus and saying he got the healthy yeah, okay, oh you know what, the grilled cheese.
Speaker 2: Grilled cheese, but again dairy.
Speaker 3: An empty stomach would not be good. But yeah, I mean I'd take the mac and cheese. That that was the thing that associate me the most, but o god, it would be awful.
Speaker 2: Rigat's a blanket for one hundred and eighty bucks.
Speaker 1: That was the only thing that wasn't food, right, and just that one blanket that was I wonder I'm because.
Speaker 2: There because if as as far as I.
Speaker 1: Could tell, Joe didn't get anything, oh, toothbrush and toothpaste, that's right, which but like we didn't see Joe get anything, and he didn't comment on it. Nobody commented on not getting anything. So I wonder if they just didn't show us all that they like that there were more things then we just didn't see it all.
Speaker 3: I don't know, or it's one of those things where he said, because the deal was, here's five hundred dollars. Any money you don't spend you can keep, and he might be like, anything I eat is coming right back up.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna stay hungry and keep five hundred bucks, which is also possible.
Speaker 2: Who cares about five hundred bucks at that point, though, Man.
Speaker 3: I think, dude, that's true, and it's also somebody handing you five hundred bucks. But you never you never know, you know, cause again it's like one of those things where have you ever had those moments where you're so exhausted that you know if you take a fifteen minute nap, it's actually going to make it make it worse. So eating something quick and shoveling it down might actually be worse than just I'm going to stay and have some rice when I get back to camp, like I never know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So then we get this covered chaos comfort thing, which they then call a fall on the Sword challenge, as if any of this means anything, you know what it is. It's like Calvin Ball. Do you remember in Calvin and Hobson they would just play Calvin Ball. You're just making up the rules while throwing each other out. That's what this felt like. It was like the Calvin Ball action.
Speaker 2: Ball, Like whatever, why he keeps.
Speaker 1: Acting like Jeff is like, well, now we're going to do this and this means this, I'm like no, it doesn't. Just just make him go eat weird shit. I agree, the sea slug comes out. I don't know what this is. I don't want to think about it anymore. But he choose it down.
Speaker 2: Okay, could you not do that? Could now?
Speaker 1: What if?
Speaker 2: What if it was? I would have to try?
Speaker 3: Yeah that you're like they do it here where it's like if you finish it, the other person gets to eat.
Speaker 2: It's a selfless ass.
Speaker 1: Well, so here's the thing that's actually my question, because then Ozzie said, I'm pretty sure he says, dude, I'll share this with you.
Speaker 2: No, he said, I'll give you some money.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, because he's not allowed to give a chicken. No, but what he said is he'll give him some cash. Because when I heard him say that, I was like, buddy, like that you that's against the whole point.
Speaker 2: No, it's he was going to give him some money for him. Yeah, yeah, that makes sense. Okay cool.
Speaker 1: A charcoterie play goes to Suri for two naighty bucks. She throws up ye boot and rally. Aubrey iss the mac and cheese, which makes her cry because it reminds her of home. Yeah, and this was very touching, talking about the power of mac and cheese and yeah, I think this is where the pathos starts to really come into the show man. It's like it's intense, like, yeah, they missed their home, they're yeah, and then the biggest item comes out, which they all again, there's like this this option that I think, why would anybody not take it?
Speaker 2: Which is twenty books.
Speaker 3: But he said it could either be the best thing that everybody's going to get or it's the worst thing that.
Speaker 2: Ever but for twenty bucks, they're going to take that chance.
Speaker 3: And this I gathered this is a thing that happens on Survivor because it's some letters.
Speaker 2: I knew it. So the letters are obviously a reoccurring thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think I've told you, Like I the best is when they actually bring family members, but I guess they're not going to do that this season because they got the letters.
Speaker 2: It's usually kind of an either.
Speaker 3: Or Yeah, they do it on a loan. Remember, it's like, you know you win because they come.
Speaker 2: Out because they show up with medical will.
Speaker 3: Come out and then you turn around like your wife's there a hundred oh my gos or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so they get their their letters from home which immediately makes everybody sad and emotional, and then.
Speaker 2: We gotta have an equal dose of chaos. Why who knows?
Speaker 1: And mister Beast gets introed. So what what's your knowledge of mister beast?
Speaker 2: Will I've heard the name? That's it? Huh, that's it? Okay. I know that he does a lot of good.
Speaker 3: Like I've heard he went to Africa and Bill Wells and like I've heard he does an awful lot of good. I also know because I googled it last night. He's a literal billionaire.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he's like the most successful YouTuber of all time and he's built up this you know, empire. What did he do? What was like his first YouTube video? What was the shtick it was? It was it started off pretty simple, but it was always like it was always built around giving away money or giving away opportunities.
Speaker 2: Oh great, so yeah, like you know.
Speaker 3: Oh, was he the guy that was like would just go places and be like here's five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's always about that, or like I think one of his earlier stunts was like get call an uber, get in it and be like I will pay you the full sum plus some if you drive me across the country over the next four days, and like would video it. So it's like him doing a YouTube video where he had a driver go across the country you know, or what you know, and then he would take the winning like he would whatever he would make from his YouTube channel he would immediately give away. And then he started doing things like, you know, providing surgery for people that have like ice like disabilities or whatever.
Speaker 2: So this is a dude that walks with the angels. This is a this is a good guse.
Speaker 1: That's a very interesting thing. I find it a little off put in. I have to say, really, yeah, because I've watched because Indy really loves him because he is a child and children, I love this guy and he is the biggest celebrity for everybody under the age of thirty.
Speaker 2: It's like they're, yeah, he's like their hero.
Speaker 1: And I find it a little weird because the way his games work. He has something called Beast Games, which I've heard of too. Yeah, I've heard of it any and it's it's you'd probably really enjoy. It's pretty excited. It's basically squid games, but without dying. You know, it's like really her he flew like thousands of people to an island. I think there might be only one season thousands of people to an island, and then does like really big crazy challenges. But to me, the challenges usually come down to do you take money and be selfish or do you help your fellow contestants? Like that's mostly what his setups like his he does these big things like two people living in a bunker, but we're going to secretly offer one of them ten thousand dollars to get out and screw the other person out of the chance to win a million.
Speaker 2: You know. It's like that kind of thing, which is fine. It's all like it makes.
Speaker 1: For entertaining, like right, uh, you know, moral choices. But I guess for me, it's weird that the bottom line is always money. There's no like other option, there's no like other value. There's it's always just are you willing to like do you want money or not? And it's just like it's not really his fault, it's more like culturally, I find it. I find it sad that we're just at a place where that is the only value that we really celebrate anymore, you know, And I think that, no.
Speaker 2: That's not true. We also celebrate celebrity.
Speaker 1: Exactly true, right, Cet and Wealth will put man good point, and I think that, like, maybe that's why even in this episode of Survivor, I get choked up and I get into it is because I feel like you start hearing them talk about things like almost as if winning the million dollars now two million dollars, almost like it doesn't matter that much, Like that's not the point. And I appreciate that, you know, and I think that that's something that I don't see in mister b stuff effort. It's like literally just like, you know, let me offer you a bunch of money because I can, and he has it, and because you know, no matter what he's offering, he's clearly making enough to make that totally fine for him because YouTube endorsements and his deals are so good.
Speaker 2: Literal villainaire. Yes, I think it's a two point six billion.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, But yes, in general, I do think he does a lot of good, and he turns it around to like helping people and kids love them, kids love them.
Speaker 3: I guess I would look at it like if if he didn't set the trend, he's seeing the trend meaning money and giving it away and kind of making it a game show. So if he's doing what's already out there but using his platform for good, right, then I can see how criticized. Yeah, go do your thing, because I didn I read an article where he had built like all these and people had a problem with it, like why did mister beasts go in and help people in Africa?
Speaker 1: Like really, well, yeah, no care, no he should. I'm totally all about that. But he's also you know, he's also selling beasts. I forget what they're called beast bites. Yeah, he has like he has brands where he's made, you know, like he's making tons of.
Speaker 3: At the Supremery store and I just saw that there was there a.
Speaker 2: Jerky he was selling, Like he has tower.
Speaker 1: Bars or like candy bars, and it's like, so he's he's doing it all. I also just find it interesting how kind of bland he is as a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just kind of like he just an he was like, hey, how does everybody do?
Speaker 3: I also had to google because either they're wrong with how tall he is or they're wrong with how short Jeff is.
Speaker 2: Oh really, because he's towering over Jeff.
Speaker 3: Towering And it says that he's six' one and Jeff is five ten, and I was like, huh, they're eight inches apart, so somebody is lying or both of them are lying, because.
Speaker 2: It's probably it's probably Jeff. That's what I'm thinking too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I mean it was just so interesting to see him walk in and be a part of the like really devoid of personality, like even in his clothing.
Speaker 2: You know, it's he's just kind of like a dude.
Speaker 1: Which is I think part of the like YouTube appeal and and part of the influencer thing is that you're not really like a host. You're more just kind of like an avatar for the viewer, which is just a different vibe. It's like it's it's a generational divibe that I find interesting.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like because most of his videos are not like driven by even when he's doing good things or set up these crazies, he doesn't really have an opinion about it.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because Jeff comes in, he's like has an opinion about survivor and why we're doing this, and you don't get that.
Speaker 2: From mister Jeff a host.
Speaker 3: It's a whole different but it's also a different talent. There's some people that you're going to be great on YouTube you're not an actor. Yes, you're gonna be great on YouTube, you're not a host. So he's now hosting things, which is a complete I mean, we look at our our best die Danielle.
Speaker 2: Danielle is a really good consummate host.
Speaker 3: She knows how to do that and no matter what you throw her in, she can host it. And so that's just a skill and a talent.
Speaker 1: The vibe for all the Beast vide if you watch them, are him and four other four to like ten other dudes, like an entourage with bigger personalities around him going.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, bro, oh my god, I can't believe you hate that. It's like that vibe. It's got nine mhons around you exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like the like it's that influencer. It's you know, kind of Jackassie. You know, it's not that extreme, but that sense of like, oh my god, like it's just kind of there's always an audience and they're all just kind of talking it out. No one's like hosting and being like over here, we're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, Yes, it's it's a whole different but it really.
Speaker 1: Speaks to kids differently than you know, Like I watching I'm like, I don't get it India, and he loves it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I've never seen it.
Speaker 3: To me, YouTube is for watching music videos and listening to all your music because I don't know how to work Spotify.
Speaker 2: So then he brings out this wooden suitcase. Is this a thing that happens on his show? I don't know what it is. I'm I didn't know about the suitcase thing.
Speaker 1: No, I mean usually he shows the money, like a lot of times he'll have like a pile of like you literally have a pile of cash, and he's like, if you don't get through this thing, it's gonna blow up there.
Speaker 2: We're gonna light it on fire.
Speaker 1: And who knows if it's actually a pilot, but that's like he does stunts with like big piles of cash.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. Maybe he does a briefcase or has done briefcases.
Speaker 1: Before, but oh yes, Actually I think he does a thing where they where people he's done.
Speaker 2: I think it's him that's done.
Speaker 1: The thing where people like walk into a room and they have suitcases briefcases and they don't know what's inn each other's so that to like write down notes and like take chances and bluff one another, like I have a million dollars in my suitcase or so maybe it's a thing.
Speaker 3: Either way, it seemed like they were just adding words where he's like this, he brought in the yellow triangle of morbidity.
Speaker 2: That's what it was. And then they turn it around beware, and I'm like, and then.
Speaker 1: He walks, so tonight something's gonna happen, and that's it. I found it very anti climactic. But then they got swept off immediately to a challenge, which everyone was like, Okay, the hits keep coming. We get to the set, it's these weird catapult things. I didn't know what was going I thought it.
Speaker 2: Was going to be I thought the same thing.
Speaker 3: I thought they're going to be shooting something like into the ocean at targets or something like that.
Speaker 2: It turns out to be wasteimpler than that.
Speaker 1: They just stand on it with a bow and a ball that they have to balance, which at first I was like, Okay, this seems like an equalizer, you know this, this could.
Speaker 2: Be anybody's game. Turns out it wasn't It was.
Speaker 1: Still kind of the physical people that that my crush totally changed because Steph was out in seconds Yep, just like flailed, which was so interesting. Massive crush on Tiff. Yeah, Tiff is a she is a bad ass, a piece I love. People are like, see has she has the ball even moved? Yet?
Speaker 2: Like, has the ball even moved?
Speaker 1: She have a theory? I have a theory too when we get there. Okay, okay, so yeah, so Steph was just out, which I was shocked considering two seconds how good she had done with arm thing and she's so fit.
Speaker 2: I was like, what happened?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Rizzo super bouncy And so.
Speaker 1: At this point I started getting this feeling that what was like, my take on this game is that it actually reflects. It becomes a perfect analogy for how people are playing the game socially, Like, did you realize that like the people that are like a little like more erratic and all over the place, we're out the people that are a little more like steadfast. I've got my plan and I'm sticking with it. It lasted longer, and so I was like, oh, it's like it reflected their personality.
Speaker 2: It's a sort of like a steady thing. But also my big thing was Tiff was the only one with her hands downward facing? Did you notice that everybody else did? And I was like, wow, that's interesting. I think that actually probably is.
Speaker 1: A physical advantage because if you think about it, it makes more sense to have more control this way right with your hands up, But more control is actually not what you want. I think you want more steadiness, and if you think about it, naturally your hands just press it down. So I think the result is that you're not straining as much. You're just kind of a little more calm.
Speaker 2: What about one up one down? Maybe that I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but you're right because he's the only one who did, the only one who had them things not but did not budge.
Speaker 1: And I think, yeah, I think if you were going up, you actually have more strength that way.
Speaker 2: But you don't need more strength in this game. You just need more steadiness.
Speaker 1: So I think going down was just sort of a more relaxed body position, and so it wasn't as much of a like, you know, a balanced struggle.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Super interesting. So yeah, it comes down to her and Ausy.
Speaker 1: I will say, there's this editing moment where you see sweat like dripping down Ozzie's face and then it immediately cuts a tiff, and I thought full snot was coming out of her nose because she has the nose piercing. Oh that's right, but because of it gone from like liquid on his face to her, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh my god, oh god, swipe your nose, lady. Wish those those septum piercings usually don't work for me, but I think she pulls it off perfectly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a big crush on her, but I don't get I don't get nose piercings on anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anybody, even like the side ones.
Speaker 3: Nope, Nope, of all the places to draw attention to, why the nose, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I think they're some people who really pull it off. I agree, and I used to agree, but now I'm like, no.
Speaker 2: No, not a nosering guy. I don't get it. The sceptum, I'm usually like no, but for her, it's like the big giant ear lobe things.
Speaker 1: Well though, it was just make me when people start like gauging up to like stretch out their ears.
Speaker 2: Now I just get uncomfortable. I'm like doesn't that hurt?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I know it probably looked to me. I know I get the tribal significance of them. I completely understand that. Don't don't get it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, tiff wins falls apart crying. Turns out she crushes it. Yeah, but also just because she was voted out day nineteen last season, so there she is, or the season that she was on, so she feels really good. And that is just the beginning of the tears, because then we go back to camp where everyone gets their letters and just balls their eyes out, and Sari.
Speaker 2: Gets the first letter ever from her father, which was so sweet that crazy.
Speaker 3: I would hope, by the way, when you go on Survivor, you'd want the letter from me, Not Indie, not Alex, but me, the one who writes you the letter.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: Of course, you're not a big letter writer, are you.
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, see I'm not at all. But that's why i'd write.
Speaker 3: I would write it to you, but just to really freak you out, I would use cut out pieces from magazines like a ransome note.
Speaker 1: We have writer. I'm writing this from within your house, keeping.
Speaker 3: An eye on insane fifty thousand grubs. By the end of survivor.
Speaker 2: Oh stop, all right.
Speaker 1: As the day goes on, everyone starts complicating the easy vote of Devon's of course, which makes Stevens play style maybe the genius move. So then Jonathan starts saying Ozzie, which he later denies, but he clearly turns on Ausy.
Speaker 2: Clearly starts the whole you're right.
Speaker 1: So Jonathan turns to Stephanie and says Ozzie's dropping her name, which.
Speaker 2: He admits in his you know talking head.
Speaker 1: Talking head is like, oh, I was a Jadger in a bit You're full online, yes, and really, you know, this is on Steph. She shouldn't fall for that, Like why is she trusting Jonathan over Aussie Because Ozzie's is a pretty straightforward player and has been very upfront with everybody that he's voted against and who's voted against him.
Speaker 2: So it's on Steph.
Speaker 1: At this point, there's this scene where Devons and Emily are laughing about how unhinge they are on the Psychopath and they're like, we should be allowed to play this game, certainly not together, And then I was just like they're laughing maniacally. It was like all they're just short of like twirling their mustache.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I have strapped the girl to the train tracks in this action with their heads. Jesus, guys, you're characters.
Speaker 1: But yeah, maybe everyone's just yeah, now they're getting a sugar high from the food that they have.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're losing it just a little bit, all right.
Speaker 1: So then Joe goes and tells Sirie about the vote for Ozzie, which I'm like, why, okay, why are you doing this? And then Steph has to lie to Syria and say, oh no, no, we are not planning Aussie and she's all shifty, which Suri just sees right through.
Speaker 2: Everybody tells everybody everything I.
Speaker 1: Know, because then tells Jonathan about Steph, and I'm like, you idiot, like how they've lost all sense of who's actually connected to who yep, which I guess is just maybe because they're such a small crew now they're just down.
Speaker 2: They've just lost track. I don't know, it's yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I don't even know who the alliances are. I know, I know Sirie's gonna win, that's all.
Speaker 1: By the end of this yeah, by the end of this afternoon, it just seems cast like, I mean, it even just gets to the point where Jonathan is literally saying the wrong name, and like whoever he's saying it too, is.
Speaker 2: Like okay, and then it's like no, no, no, I mean Stephanie.
Speaker 3: You're like Jesus, thank god they put that in there right now, just like we're voting Emily.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, Stephanie. They can't even keep itself bad.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so by the time we get to tribal, no clue what's going on, and you know, they really, Jeff truly tries.
Speaker 2: To make it that it's about the mister Beast factor, which I guess is kind of true. But I don't know, man, I don't think it was. I think so. I honestly think it was.
Speaker 3: It was chaos anyway, but they were trying to keep mister Beast involved. So with him even going look what happens when we even mentioned his name. No, I don't think they were thinking about him at.
Speaker 2: All either, totally no, because what could you plan. I felt the same way.
Speaker 1: There's like a beware, Yeah, that's all they know. So there's no again, it's Calvin ball. So they're just like, we're playing Calvin Ball. We're just gonna have to plan our.
Speaker 3: Vote and whatever happens, and then we have to see what the hell is going to happen with the Magical Case of Mystery, which is apparently a thing.
Speaker 1: So I think due to the editing, we aren't sure how they were going in. Do you have any idea how they were going in?
Speaker 3: No, I frankly thought, meaning what by the time we got to try beforefore.
Speaker 1: Devons blew up the game, which is what he does and which I think seals the deal for everybody. I don't have a clue, and I think they intentionally make it through editing that we don't have a clue.
Speaker 3: I think Devon's would have been the low hanging fruit, but at the same time they talked about how maybe that's that's not the swipe you take, that he's a good the good smoke screen, So I don't know. I would say it wouldn't have been anybody that that's Team SII, So Rizzo wouldn't have gone, Surrey wouldn't have gone, Ozzie wouldn't have gone.
Speaker 1: I think I think they were potentially still trying to flush Ozzie's idol and make him play it. Yeah, but then they were going to split the votes between like Devon's and Aubrey or something weird.
Speaker 2: I still don't get splitting votes.
Speaker 1: Well, it's because if somebody plays an idol, right, Like you tell right, because if if it turns out that Aubrey plays her idol, then all those votes for her don't count.
Speaker 2: And whoever it's the next person in, right, So you if.
Speaker 1: You feel that you have the majority, you want to cover your basis by like voting for that person but having them also the second most votes. So I think they were going to try if everyone had Like, yeah, I can't speculate because we don't actually know. What does happen is that Devin just blows up everyone's game with just the truth, with just the truth.
Speaker 2: And I think it's a brilliant move, genius.
Speaker 1: It's only move, it's his only move, and I think it benefits everybody actually, Like I could you know besides Stephanie and Jonathan, they're the ones who kind of look bad based on but it's also it is kind of on them, like they're the ones who did the biggest move, which was try and you know, turn everybody on Aussie and lead the pack that way, and then they don't really own up to it.
Speaker 2: In this moment, and I think it.
Speaker 1: Looks bad, and I think Stephanie panics and just like Devin says, protests too much.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And she also said something even Rizzit, where she's like, I would never throw out anybody's name in Rizzles, like that's the game, Yes, you throw out people, and she's like, no, I meant first.
Speaker 2: I meant first, And by that point she was I think she had sunker ship. Yeah.
Speaker 1: At that point, I think yeah, because like you know, because Siria is just laughing, you know, and I think that.
Speaker 2: That her reaction is just so.
Speaker 1: Much better, Like they could have all just been like if if Steph and Jonathan had been like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Well Devin's just blew up our game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had thought about that, but things change and we came in with a different plan. And I did communicate that plan to you. Everyone would have been like, Okay, weird, it's anybody's game. But because they were so defensive and.
Speaker 2: So like, no, man, I didn't do that, It's like screw that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I felt I felt exactly the same way.
Speaker 2: The whole thing was weird.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I think she she did. I think she completely and totally sunk kership right then and there.
Speaker 2: I think that was it.
Speaker 1: So mister Beaeste comes out. Chaos has ensued, everyone's been whispering. He walks in, reveals it's a coin. What does this mean? Well, turns out flipping this coin.
Speaker 3: The coin of happy mutiny. Beware Comma, Beware, beware sunlight streamings, falling the sword, Yes, falling, cozy ins chaos, chaos theory.
Speaker 2: You know that whole advantage steal a vote.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's a coin. I love always describing what's on it as if.
Speaker 2: It like has a real meeting like and then has his B symbol and.
Speaker 1: Then on the back it stands for survivor, but not tribal, because it's ironically a fire that we're going to put our.
Speaker 2: Gonna put out.
Speaker 3: And yeah, did you also notice that they are clearly listening to our podcast because they've turned down the music.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Oh, they've absolutely turned down the music. Somebody went like, just crank it down a little bit. Maybe they're right, just cranked down a little bit.
Speaker 1: So we are clearly effect sense that audio engineers would be listening to a podcast about the show.
Speaker 2: But I was like, where's the huha? Where's what what's going on? Very low? Yeah, very low in this one. All right.
Speaker 1: So it turns out if you flip, if somebody is willing to flip this coin, you'll get two million.
Speaker 2: The prize will go up to two million dollars, which is really huge, huge.
Speaker 1: And that person is safe and they get an amusing and they get an idol. I mean, my god, that's that's enormous.
Speaker 3: I know, I figured most people would want to flip the coin. Me too, I would size that everyone was like, I don't want.
Speaker 2: To do it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think they all just knew that Devon's was like had nothing to lose, you know, or that he would do it, So I think they felt safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But Jeff even says, I mean they clearly set it up to where this is going to be a fight to where who is going to flip the coins and if it comes down to it, we're going to have to draw. So they never He's like, we didn't expect somebody to go, I'll do it. It never would go okay.
Speaker 2: See they've done this multiple times this season.
Speaker 1: I think they just, you know, because they the same thing with like at when Jeff was like, well you want the Rice, you got to beat me.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, no shit, we're going to do that.
Speaker 1: Like there's no there's no alternative that you know, So they haven't really set the stakes correctly for this season. Yeah, interesting, I think, yeah, because like if you flip it and you lose, there's no increase and you go home. But exactly, like Devon's pointed out, that's better than a shot in the dark, right, A shot in the dark is a one one fifty fifty and everybody's gonna love me and gone and protected for two Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or I'm gone anyway. I literally have nothing to lose and everything to gain from everything.
Speaker 1: That's why I like Aubrey considers it for a moment, and I was like, yes, she could probably do it too. And for a second I thought maybe the rule was that if like that, one person does it, another person could flip it too, but it wasn't. But I was like, why is she you know, if she considers it, are they going to let her do it?
Speaker 2: After? Devons like, I don't know, I didn't, you know, That's the thing. All the rules are just little they are they're a little hinky.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Devon's volunteers to flip. The coin was.
Speaker 3: Not flipped, So if they were going to draw rocks, then not flipping the coin was not an option, got.
Speaker 1: Right, And I think they just assumed everyone was going to take play it safe, which doesn't really make sense.
Speaker 2: No, I think it was too good of a thing to just get. That's too much of a win. Yes, So really what they should have done is.
Speaker 1: Just made it your prize to a million and you're safe for that night and you don't get an extra idol, because I mean that's like you basically committed to staying in two more days by winning and two million dollars in the to.
Speaker 3: You also could have made the bad really bad where it's like but but if you lose, you go home, and so does someone.
Speaker 2: Else, right, another person and it's like yeesh, or or.
Speaker 3: We take somebody's idol away, like something else bad happens.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was Devon's really had nothing to lose. He was on the bottom. He knew there was a real good chance he was going home. Why not He's like, yeah, why not? Why wouldn't I do this?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then like they talk about mister Bees being a genius, and I was like you're just a rich dude who showed up with the suit.
Speaker 3: And you wonder if he created this or Survivor created this. And then they were like, you know, yeah, I think they I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's clearly a fan. It's his money, they said, like his money. He was putting up a million dollars.
Speaker 2: And that's significant.
Speaker 3: Man, going from a million bucks to two that's that is a significant jump.
Speaker 2: And I'm so curious, like what the play is on his part?
Speaker 1: Is he just like got to get the olds, the people who watch Survivor because he's got enough money and enough of a following.
Speaker 2: He doesn't need an appearance on CBS. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: Though, he had such few money that it might just literally be like I love Survivor and.
Speaker 2: I want to I just want to be there, man, Just all right.
Speaker 1: Devn's calls it heads heads it is and with a perfect rolling on its side. I don't know which way it's gonna fall. You could not have scripted it anybody.
Speaker 2: I was like cheering, Yeah, this is good television. Thousand. I love when mister piece is like I gotta sit, I gotta sit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then we spend like ten minutes talking about how historic this is. And I was like, yeah, I get it, I get it. It's a big deal. It's cool.
Speaker 2: Let's move on. Yeah, they're stroking Survivor a little bit, that's what they do.
Speaker 1: And then we get a live tribal like I've never seen before. They're literally just strategizing and walking back and forth and everyone's making their plans.
Speaker 2: Can we just call it a live bull? Why does nobody do it? A livel A live bull?
Speaker 1: The live tribal all right, before they go to vote, stefinitely plays her steal a vote. She's gonna steal Devon's vote, which makes sense considering he's already safe and not voting, and she votes twice for Aubrey, which turns out to be the only non Stephanie votes.
Speaker 2: It was unanimous. Yeah, I was intense. That's that's I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm not surprised that she went with the way she played it tonight and the way she kind of got thrown under the bus too by Jonathan, But I am surprised that it was unanimous, not a single person for anybody else.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 3: I thought Aubrey might get a voter to or even Jonathan after what he did, might get a voter to.
Speaker 1: Or just splitting it with devons like they had talked about. Or no, no, no he can't.
Speaker 3: But maybe somebody like a Rizzo or an Assis, somebody getting another vote.
Speaker 2: But no, couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: I guess for Jonathan to save himself. He couldn't have voted for Frozzy right to make it look like I never said that, dude, and I would never put your name down.
Speaker 1: It's like you, you brought that up, Broll.
Speaker 2: It's going to be so interesting to see how next week goes.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know, he kind of I feel a little bit different now wearing the pants because I feel like like these these pants are a little bit they're kind of intent lies.
Speaker 2: They're patches of lives right now a little bit. So yeah, we'll see. All Right, you got a survivor for me this week? I sure do, cause it's will history of survivor. I think, Wow, I don't know what kind of song that was neither.
Speaker 3: Frankly, I write them at night, and this time when I did it, originally I had a whole backup orchestra.
Speaker 2: It sounded very different.
Speaker 3: Tonight we're going to talk about Jose Salvador Alvarengam is who we're going to talk about.
Speaker 2: My friend.
Speaker 3: He's a Salvadorian fisherman and author who was found on January thirtieth, twenty fourteen. He was either thirty six or thirty seven on the Marshall Islands after spending fourteen months a drift in a small fishing boat in the Pacific Ocean beginning on November seventeenth, twenty twelve.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Yes, He survived mainly on a diet of raw fish, turtle, small bird, sharks, and rainwater. He swamed ashore at tile Inlet, a small island that's part of the Ebon Eben A Toll, on January thirtieth two locals. I have their names too, because I know everything. Emmy, Libo, Cemetto and Russell. You know these names, and that you can't pronounce them well. In my head, I have this weird thing where it's pronunciation. I have a problem with that rot. You know that they found him naked and clutching a knife and shouting in Spanish. He was treated in the hospital before flying home to his family Nel Salador on February tenth. Now again, there are certain people that are trying to poke holes in the story of whether this happened or not. For instance, he actually left with another person who apparently refused to eat after four months and died on the boat.
Speaker 2: But they never found that guy's body, so there's a lot of different stuff that are going on him.
Speaker 3: No, that he specifically said that because he was a Christian he would never have eaten the body, which I found odd because other survivors we have not yet talked about. But the people that survived the flight of wherever, the soccer team that ate each other. One of the reasons they were able to eat each other is because they said it was like the body of Christ, and that's how you're sustainable. So they were devoutly Christian as well. So yes, yeah, that seems like a weak argument. I'm just gonna let you know, even if you're just asleep, I'm going to start eating you.
Speaker 2: If we're on the boat, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm just I might just take away from you to no, no, I might.
Speaker 3: You might have to hobble around, but I'm gonna be sat on like day two exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this would be this would be a cruise. It would still be a buffet downstairs. Then we run out of ice cream on the exactly wait a second, that the I'm taking rider.
Speaker 3: That's your foot just the way it is. So again, shout out Jose Salvadora Alvarenga for living for fourteen months.
Speaker 1: It seems like surviving in the ocean is the harshest, ugh like the worst. Yeah, I mean I couldn't, Yeah, I couldn't imagine. Also, just how the vast nothingness wouldn't just get you just be floating in space, It would just drive the infinite nothingness must scare the hell out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crazy, crazy, you've been listening to Podmeys twirl. The torches may be snuffed, but our questionable analysis burns on. We'll see you next time. A tribal trap. Your smoking