Speaker 1: Yet you know boys is back and reload it all in your mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now deep throating.
Speaker 1: This is going the streets, the real, the real goading, the distenfranchise, the truth escapegoating, and they ain't know where we speak the truth, so they ain't quoted because we wrote it. The North South East Coaches, the gie be mocked for keeping your head, Bobby.
Speaker 3: It ain't no stopping.
Speaker 1: And once the bee drops head by and then the system is so corrupt they threw the.
Speaker 2: Rock hot their heads and then blame it on us. Don't get it twisted on colding. We danced to put no butterment biscuits. It's Willie d y'all reloaded with another episode of information and instructions to help you navigate through this wild, crazy, beautiful world in the studio, the truth trafficker, my brother Derek.
Speaker 4: Muhammad, piece of mild But how you doing, sir, hey man?
Speaker 3: How you doing man?
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me, bro ladies and gentlemen. I just want y'all to understand this. This, this, this is one of the good guys. This guy is on the front lines. He don't just talk it he walking and everything else in between. This man on a daily basis, fight for social justice, he fights against police brutality, he fights for economic equality. I mean, the list goes on and on and on. But one of your biggest, biggest, I would say things that you champion is black male development. Yes, sir, why is that so important to you?
Speaker 4: Black male development is important to me because I don't think that we as a people are going anywhere until the black man puts himself in position to take the lead. Again, I don't think that we as a people are going anywhere unless we invest in the future of black people. I tell people all the time. Right now, there is a battle for currency supremacy. You've got China, You've got Saudi Arabia, You've got Russia, South Africa. They're all gang tackling the dollar. And the conversation is surrounding what should we be investing in. Some people say put your money in gold, others say put your money in land. Well, the point that I want to make is that no matter what we invest in, and I believe we should invest wisely, our greatest investment is going to be the investment that we make in our children and in the next generation. And I believe too often the black mail is left out of the conversation when it comes to upw with mobility. When is the last time you had or heard a presidential candidate come up with an agenda for the black mail? You don't hear it. So black mails may up about seven percent of the population in America, but we get blamed for ninety percent of America's problems. So I think that we as black men have a duty to place our focus on the development of black boys. And this is the only way that we will survive as a people. We must invest in the black male.
Speaker 2: And we got to do that as black people. We got to do that because it's not in their best interest to do that, because they would be fighting against themselves because their goal is to make us look bad. Their goal is to subjugate, to deny, to ridicule, to criticize, to discriminate. That's their goal against us. So we have to be intent on fighting that off, coming up with initiatives to fight that off. And we have to understand what we're up against, like, this is not by happenstance. You know, this is by design, right, This is not happenstance. This is designed. This is by design that there's never an agenda for the black man. Oh, there's an agenda. Yeah, there's an agenda. There's an agenda right now to emasculate black men, to see black men as effeminate. That is an agenda. There is an agenda to make sure that black men have to be reliant on his woman financially. That is an agenda that the black man is kept out of the household. It's an agenda too. Every time something happens, when black man goes out and do something reckless, something forout, it is to make him look like he is representative of all black males. So their overall plan is, Okay, we're going to hold our best up as an example of who we are collectively, and we're gonna hold your worst worst up as an example of who you are collectively.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: And until we see that, we're not gonna get it. Because I see a lot of dummies on social media all the time where black people can't do this. Well, you know, we are worst enemies, you dumb bastards. You got to be the dumber in a bag of rocks to believe that. But there are people who believe in and they think they're smart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're right, dear brother. There is an agenda that is propaganda based, that paints the picture of the black male as an endangered species, paints a picture of the black male as be steal, animalistic, maniacal, and literally inhumane. And as long as that propaganda not only affects how the world sees us, because that's not the most important part. The most important part is how it affects the way we see one another. And as long as we are impacted by that propaganda, then we won't see black boys as being worth investing in. We won't see black men as being worth investing in. So that's why the knowledge of self is critical. See, our young boys have to be taught who they are, whose they are, and where they come from. One of the first things that I was taught in the Nation of Islam is that the black man is the original man, the maker, the owner, the cream of the planet Earth, god of the universe, and the black man is Alpha and Omega. The question is asked in our lessons, what is the birth record of the Black nation? And the question is the Black nation has no birth record, He has no beginning or ending. When you begin to teach a young black male that his ancestry starts at the beginning of time, not in fifteen fifty five when the first slave ship landed in Jamestown, Virginia. It makes him to look at himself a little bit differently. When you teach him that the Greek philosophy that they're taught in college is actually ancient Egyptian philosophy that represents the stolen legacy of our people, it makes him to look at himself a little bit differently. See, we think, brother Will, that our young brothers are out in the streets gang banging, hustling and being emotional and erratic and killing and stealing because they come from the projects and they don't have anything. That's not true anymore.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: Some of the most ridiculous cases that I'm getting a coming from young brothers who live in the suburbs, who sometimes both of them their parents make six figures. I'm talking about a youngster, and this is a true story. Youngster got killed at a pool party. I mean did in bad Will didn't walk right up on him in broad daylight and shot him in the chest. So when these cases come to my desk, I started doing a little research looking on social media. So I'm looking at the youngster that lost his life on his Instagram page. You know, laid back. He got a stack of money in both hands, and he got an ar fifteen across his lap. But what people don't know is he's doing this in a five thousand square foot house. Brother, do you know that some of these young brothers are ashamed that their parents made it out of the hood because it don't sound cool when somebody asks you where you're from and you say, oh, I'm from Parentland. You know, the new neighbor hood that your parents moved in with the five thousand square foot house. But our culture has become as such to where we celebrate dysfunction. So a lot of my partners, their sons don't want to be like the good guy that they are today. That rather be like who they used to be because that is, unfortunately, what is celebrated within the culture. So I'm teaching our young brothers every opportunity that I get, you know, don't become a crash dummy out here trying to find an identity. See, if you don't give that young black male and identity, the streets will give him one and they'll turn him into a crash dummy. In the process. But I think it's very very sad. Bro. So many of our brothers who came up with us, they fought very hard. Some of them had to go do time, come home and get it together to put that family in a better position. But because their sons, they feel like their life is supposed to look just like NBA young boys or little babies, and if their appears to be a little bit different, they'll actually be ashamed of that, some of them.
Speaker 2: Man, you said a mouthful, You said a mouthful. I don't understand it. Look, I'm from the hood, man, and that's just that's my story, right, But I wish I was not from the hood. Now. Some people would say, well, damn, will you know if you wasn't from the hood, you wouldn't be who you are today. You're right, I probably would be better than I am today. You see, that's the part that we don't get, you know, you don't I know Black people that will say, well, we did it. It was good enough for us. We walked to school, we wore tennis shoes with them, you know. We we went without eating, or we didn't have three meals a day, We didn't all this type of stuff. But the idea is for you to put your kids in a position where they can be better than you, where they can have better access, better options. This is why I appreciate people like ice Cube so much, who put his who set up his son Osha Jr. To be able to have better access than he had. Some people who ain't ever had ship frowns on that. People that have always had it understands that, you know, I'm doing this shit so you ain't got to go through what I went through. This is why I'm doing it. This is why t I was so frustrated with his son, you know, King, you know, going out there acting reckless and saying, look, man, I made this shit easy for you. Man, I did it, so you ain't.
Speaker 4: Got to do it. But it's something that we have to correct within the culture that says that in order for a black male to get his full respect, he has to have been tainted at some point. He has to have been a street guy. He had to have, you know, dipped down into the lowest depths of hell, walked on the edge of a cliff between you know, Hell and Heaven. You know, you don't have to go through what some of us went through. In order to be successful. But if the culture is saying you gotta be like Willie d meaning used to be poor, used to be a robber, used to bus his gun, used to do this and that, and this is all documented, been to prison, and now he is a mogul. Okay, but what if you what if you didn't go through the used to part be part? What if you never went to jail, if you never made f's on your report card, what if you never dropped out of school? Okay? Do we still give the black mail that same respect whose parents opened up those doors for him, we should, especially if he took what his parents were doing to the next level. If your son takes what you're doing to the next level without going to the penitentiary, without having you know, a gang tattoos all over his neck or whatever, then I believe that he deserves the same respect then the brother who picked hisself up out of that lifestyle and built himself up into something better. But I feel like stories like the story of jay Z, and this is not a knock at jay Z. You know, come from the hood, used to sell dope, told a thousand stories about how much dope he sold. Now the brothers billionaire. My thing is a black male should be able to reach Jay Z's level and get the same kind of respect even from the streets, without him having had to go through that dangerous part of his life. So to the young men who might be listening, bro, it's cool if you make straight a's bro. It's cool if you made it through school. It's cool. If you went to college and got a degree, get one that you can use. It's cool. We all gonna make mistakes in life. But your life does not have to look just like NBA young boys in order for you to be respected in the culture. And if people respect you less because you walk the straight and narrow, then the hell with him.
Speaker 2: Bro, do you Here's the thing, Dereck. The people who put so much emphasis on a person having struggled or being from the hood and ordered for him to be legit or authentic, there's wrong with society anyway. They don't even count many of these people because look, they've picked up and ran with the narrative, the propaganda that was put out there for us. Right there are people who create the propaganda, and they're the ones who say you have to be like this, this or that in order to be accepted. And then you got the clowns, the coconuts and the dummies who are brainwashed, who have what's it called syndrome, what's it called Stockholm syndrome, who just fall right in line with it, and they perpetuated. These people don't count. What I don't understand is why there's so much emphasis on respecting their views, respecting their opinion. They're not for us. Anybody who thinks like that, it's not for us. So fuck damn and the harnts they rode on. You see, that's the way I'm built like. They don't even count. It's like a It's like a troll, right, I got a saying on Willie d Live our block trolls, because trolls a hose. You see, a troll main objective is to cause confusion. They go in and somebody can have a form where everybody's all positive energy, everything is great, it's just a beautiful conversation, and they'll just jump in and throw a monkey wrench in and just basically just throw a grenade and then walk off. They don't care what happens after that, whether you fall for it or don't, They don't care. But if you if you do far forward, they actually care more, but it doesn't matter to them. Their trolls and their goal is never to be progressive. Their goal is never to add to society, to be of use to society. Their goal is to be the nothing that they are, nothing, the nothing that they are, So they don't count. This is why I disrespect them so emphatically. They don't count. So we shouldn't put such an emphasis on these type of people who really don't count in the first place.
Speaker 4: I think the way to combat that is. You know, there's a saying right now that attention is the new drug. I would go further than that and say that attention is the new oxygen for a lot of these youngsters. They live it, they breathe it, and seeing a lot of them, they'll put themselves in death's highway just to get attention. You know, the reason that a lot of black boys want to be football players is because that's who gets all the attention in the household. If the family sat around and watch chess tournaments on Sunday, they want to be chess players. It's not just about them wanting to grow up and make money being an NFL ball player. It goes back to the childhood in them seeing who gets the attention, who gets the time, the quality time from my parents. That's who I want to be, That's what I want to be like. So what we have to do is we have to be we have to be aggressive in our praise when these young boys do something right. You know, we have to be more aggressive in our praise than we are in our condemnation of them when they do something wrong. So if they make all aids on their report card, we make a big deal out of that. If you catch one of them helping the elder take their groceries in next, we make a big deal out of it. Because at the end of the day, they all want to be celebrities. And I have a saying, Bro, I say, every child should feel like a celebrity in their own household. Feel like a celebrity in your own house, Bro, do you know what that feels like. If you make your child feel like a celebrity in their own household, then they're less likely to go out into the streets and pull a crash dummy move to try to get attention to be famous in the streets. So I think it, well, I don't think I know it all starts in the household. Coming up from the household, it extends, you know, to the hood. So those of you who may be listening who have sons, we have to make sure that we're letting our sons know how proud of them, that we how proud of them we are of them when they do something right, because that's really all they looking for, Bro, They're looking for time, and they're looking for attention, and if we don't give it to them, then the traps that are waiting out in the streets will lure them in the position to get the attention that they want, but they'll end up dead in jail. Bro, I'm talking about guys are out here dying from posts that they're making on Instagram, certain posts that they this one brother, bTB Savage. Yeah, bTB, that's a bad situation, my brother. And don't get me wrong, you know, my condolences go out to his family because they had nothing to do with this. But I don't know that it was a wise thing to do to make the Instagram post that he made in the blood of somebody who he just killed in self defense that may have cost him his life. That's the point that I'm making.
Speaker 2: The thing is that he had already won. Like, any time you defend yourself successfully, you're gonna get praised, right because there's a lot of bullies in our society, a lot of people who take advantage of others, people getting guns stuck in their faces every day. So people were on his side because they can empathize with that. Now he had a right to defend himself, yes, against someone who was attacking him that right. Where he lost that where he takes the l is when he takes it too far and starts to brag about it. One thing that I don't do is brag about winning after I win. If I beat somebody, I don't have to brag. I already want everybody know. I want you know I beat you. I've seen people get killed in dice games, bragging, card games, bragging after basketball games, bragging. When you beat somebody, they're already humiliated, right, So if you've already done, you've already done something to their spirit and you know it, they know it. If you had an audience, the audience knows it, right, So I just leave it at that and keep it moving. But if you go to like antagonizing somebody after you've just defeated them and they're already upset. You could trigger something in them that is.
Speaker 4: The push them over the edge.
Speaker 2: You could push them over the edge, and it could, it could. It could entice them to want to do something bad to you, like it can entice him to want to take your life. And this youngster after, you know, his girl is the one that actually squeezed the trigger. You know, she's the one who actually killed the dude, is right, Yeah, but he had a struggle with the guy and he was telling her to shoot him. This is his words. So after the murder, you fast forward a couple months later or so, he's in Houston. He posts a photograph standing in the dry blood of the guy he killed. He went back to the scene, not two months later, but obviously this was probably the same day or whatever. He went back to the scene of the crime and took pictures of himself. So he saved him and he posted him a couple of months later on social media and standing in the blood of the guy that he You know what.
Speaker 4: It reminded me of. It reminded me of that we can't be stopped album cover was that was that we can't be stopped after Bill shot himself in the eye. That's yeah, that's we can't be stopped right and how it was your idea, man, let's we need to take Let's take it right here. Yeah, just happened to be in a hospital where Bill had inflicted his gunshot wound on himself, took a photo, took a picture of the album cover. I remember when that album cover came out because the cover itself was so controversial, it made you want to go get the album right now, comparing these two situations, because nobody killed, nobody, nobody was bragging about, you know, but I'm thinking that, first of all, why would you take a photo like that? Why would you take a photo like that? If I had to kill someone in self defense, the last thing you would see me do is take a photo in that person's dry blood. Now now, And I'm not eating rest in peace or however y'all say it to be TV Savage. I'm not even disparaging the brother. But what I'm saying is that's something in the water, that's something in the culture that made him think that number one, taking the photo would be advantageous to his career, because that's what I think it has something to do with men. Let me get that photo real quick.
Speaker 2: It's all about and posting the photo.
Speaker 4: This might accelerate the sale of my music. This may accelerate. But you putting yourself on death's highway for what, brother? The attention, the money ain't even worth it. And I think that that's what we have to take a step back and look at, just not the fact that he took the picture and posted the picture, but why he did it. Who are you trying to impress?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Where where does where does this? Where does doing this move you forward in your career?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, this kind of madness is celebrated in certain aspects of our culture. Yes, you kill somebody's op, you go take a picture by the grave. You know there was a time, brother, that even in the heat of the most you know, aggressive battle rap, you didn't disrespect the dead. But I think but it ain't. It ain't got nothing to do with the dead. You're taunting his homies because you believe that this is what's going to get you attention. And it's sad to say that certain elements of the music industry according this kind of thing. And I believe this is how a lot of these youngsters feel like they could get recorded. Did you know by putting this kind of content out, that's true because it attracts attention to their music and to their PERSONA.
Speaker 3: Got a boys reloaded podcasts will be right back after this week.
Speaker 2: You know, I was a very reckless young man, as you know my bed witness. But it wasn't until I actually decided that I wanted to live that I started protecting myself better so that I could have a future.
Speaker 4: Do you remember at at what moment, like what happened? Was it particular incident that they say, you know, I want to live.
Speaker 2: I saw people getting killed my age. Yeah, I was seeing them getting murdered. It's like and I saw a lot of things, simple things like you get into a fight at a basketball court. You leave, You allowed the guy to leave, You beat him up, you allow him to leave, You continue to play basketball. He comes back, boo, boom, gun you down. I see a guy calls another guy's sister the B word. She goes to get her brother. Brother comes back with a shotgun, blows his head off. I see guys getting into a fight over a parking space. Guy puts a gun out, boom, Another guy bullying a guy. This is he This is when we're like teenagers, like sixteen. This guy's a bully. So we're at the skating rink and he cuts in on the guy slow dragon his girl. Now, this guy had done this a hundred times, just bullying. Guys just go in while you dance with your girl. They just get right in front of her, you know, and push you out the way and start dancing. And he had buddies around him. If you tried to fight, they just jump you. So they go outside and dude goes to his car to get to get his gun. Guy follows him out. What you're gonna do, what you're gonna do, You're gonna shoot me, what you're gonna do, You're gonna do? Boom boom, boom, boom boom. Put him on the front porch at his mama house. You see. So I've seen almost damn near any kind of scenario. You can get caught up in some foolishness and get your life taken. And I was just like, so I used all of those experiences and I just started moving in a different way. I don't think that experience is the best teacher. I think that other people's experience is the best teacher.
Speaker 4: That's real.
Speaker 2: So I mean, if if you go around that corner and come back bleeding profusely and you say, will don't go around that corner, they just I just got stabbed. They stabbed it. Do it out there, got a machete. He stab at everybody. And I take my dumb ass around the corner anyway and get stabbed. You know, does that make sense? No, I'm gonna say, Okay, I take your word. You bleeding, I see blood. You just came around that corner. Bleed, dude, wild in a machete. You know what, Let me make sure I don't go around that corner. That's me. So I just I just picked up. And I still made a few mistakes along the way, but I was able to greatly reduce my chances of checking out early by just being observant and love it on myself. See, once I learned to love myself, I actually started learning to love other people, like really love. And I understood that love ain't just me helping you fight.
Speaker 4: Love ain't me that's at Love, ain't just me.
Speaker 2: Helping you go shoot up the block or shoot some dudes.
Speaker 4: Love is me telling you it ain't worth it, right, And and that's as loyalty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, love is telling me, is me telling you it ain't worth it, homie. Love is me seeing the situation and being able to say, say, bro, man, them dudes is crash dumbis man? Let them crash into somebody else. Don't throw your life away with a food you know and ain't got nothing to do but being afraid. But you do have to pick your battles. So a friend, a true friend, would taking consideration what would happen in the event of your demise and your parents, your siblings, the people who love you, your children, your wife, what would happen to them if you were if you were murdered? And on my watch. So when I look at you, I don't just look at Derek. I see your daughter, I see your wife, I see your mother. Yes, sir, people that I know that love you. Yeah, so I'm going to protect you, Yes, sir, that's love to me. But see, when you're growing up a lot of times, when you grow up in certain environments, you learn everything that's right is wrong and what's wrong is right.
Speaker 4: Right, And that's also loyalty. Will you know, among the street organizations, loyalty is very important. I was speaking to a group of boys out in Miami last week, and I was telling them that there is a difference between loyalty and being disloyal to yourself. You know, if somebody comes up to you and say, hey, in order for us to accept you into the gang, then you're gonna have to show your loyalty by robbing that convenience store and popping the store onwer on your way out. If you want to be a part of this gang, well they're telling you they want you to be loyal to them, but at the cost of you being disloyal to yourself. So that's why it's key that which you said, I learned to love myself, then I learn the love of the people. It's the same with loyalty. You got to be loyal to yourself. You got to be loyal to your gifts, your talents. You got to be loyal to your life and the plans that you have set for yourself. And let me tell you something, if you are a black male in America and you do not have a plan, then you have a problem. You should be able to go up to every young black male in America. I don't give a damn. If you're ten years old, you ask him what you want to be in life, what you want to do in life, where you're going. He needs to be able to tell you, because if he's not able to tell you, we know that somebody got a plan for him once he's once he If he tell you he don't have no plan, then you need to sit down with him and help him map out of plan based on his skills, his gifts, his talents, and his interests. The earlier you catch them, the greater of opportunity. You have to not just save them, but set them on a course for success. You know, and we can't shy away from those who have already quote unquote gone astray. In my in my book New Rules, I write a chapter about how we need to repurpose gangs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stee the cover.
Speaker 4: New Rules, New Rules. Yes sir, Yes sir, yes sir.
Speaker 2: We got we got a good. Do we get this? We captured that good? We got it.
Speaker 4: On page twelve we talk about repurposing gangs, and I tell the story of the wolves in Yellowstone Park. You know, wolves are predators by nature, and there were too many of them in Yellowstone Park, so they got rid of all of the wolves. But when they got rid of the wolves, the deer came and took over. The deer started eating up all the vegetation. When they ate up all the vegetation, the trees stopped growing, the rivers started drying up, and people didn't want to go to the park anymore. So what they did is they allowed a few of the wolves back into Yellowstone Park. Yeah, they killed a couple of deer, but it ran them away. Next thing, you know, the vegetation, vegetation started growing back. When the vegetation started growing back, the trees grew taller than they'd ever grown before. The rivers started running again. They were all cleaned up, and barry started growing from the trees. So now bears were coming to pick the berries off the trees, and rabbits were coming and running around. And what happened is instead of just getting rid of the wolves, they just repurposed them. When you look at the original purpose for black so called gangs, the original plan was to protect the community against white supremacist gangs. Right, that was the original purpose. But the politics of crack cocaine, the politics of mass incarceration, the politics of them you know, taking foreign agents out of Russia and dropping them into the hood as agents among the gangs to turn the gangs against one another. You know, the past three four decades of gang warfare has been ridiculously the multuus to black life and black men. So we have to look at how or why the gangs were originally started and repurpose them back so that the goal is to build the community and not destroy the community. The government puts billions of dollars a year into the eradication of gangs, and they may as well turn that money into toilet paper and wipe their behinds with it, because gangs ain't going nowhere. It's if hip hop is fifty years old, gangs are older than hip hop. And as long as the government creates the conditions, the family conditions, the community conditions that would make these youngsters want to join gangs, that will always be gangs. But they have to be reorganized and they have to be repurposed and bring them back to their original agenda, and that is the protection of the black community, the protection of black women, the protection of black children, the protection of our elders, and the organizing of us as black men to be the defenders of our agenda.
Speaker 2: How do you repurpose these law enforcement gangs. That's a very good question, you know, because they are a gang. I saw something in Kansas City, a woman by the name of Monicia Smith. She is suing the Kansas City Police Department for illegal searching, illegal search and death. They broke into the woman's house. They kicked the door in with a warrant and stole twenty thousand dollars. So the backstory is Monica Monicia wakes up in the middle of the night to a knock on her door. She looks out the people sees somebody who appears to be shot. Afraid for a life, she doesn't open the door. She gets contacted by an officer who tells her I'll be by to pick up the video. She spooked because she has in the back of her mind all of these police killings of black people, specifically black men, So she don't open the door rightfully, sore rightfully. So so they decide that, you know what, we're going to come in and get it. So a couple of days later they go in, they kick her door down, and she I guess she gets she gets alerted some type of way that they're at our house. She speeds over to her house, jumps out the car with her daughter, and they start calling them all kinds of names, make them, they draw down on them, make them put their hands up. She fully cooperates. She allows them to take DNA samples, uh do blood testing that was from the blood that was on the door. And then she goes back in the house and she realizes how money is gone. She immediately contacts them and say, hey, man, you know y'all, you know came in here, took my money. Of course, they played dumb, so she had to escalate it, and eventually she ends up filing a lawsuit and telling her story and putting them on blasts. But this is something that has been going on for a while in the US. There's a big uptick in police stealing money in merchandise from the citizens of America. They're they're pulling people over in their cars, They're stealing money from people, take illegally searching people, stealing their money, and they're kicking in doors with bogus warrants, breaking into people's homes and stealing their money and their merchandise, taking whatever they want. I just saw some group, another group of officers who who inadvertently captured themselves on video stealing money from a person that they identified as a suspect. They were at this person's house and they're going through the closet, taking money out the purse, taking money out of clothes, and just stealing, just going in. It's like the whole idea to go in here is not to oh so that we can secure justice. The idea is to go in here and steal people's stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, sir. There was a Kool Klux Klan grand dragging by the name of JB. Stoner, and back in the sixth he made a statement. He said, sooner or later, he said, very soon, you won't see Ku Klux clan members wearing white and white hoods and white sheets. He said, we'll be wearing police uniforms. We'll be wearing firemen uniforms. This will be the new uniform for many of our members. And so there was a concerted effort for white supremacists to infiltrate these police departments. You asked the question, how do we repurpose these police gangs. You cannot repurpose them because to re means to do again. To repurpose means to bring them back to their original purpose. Their original purpose was slave catching. See, I don't care what anybody tells you. The job of the police departments in America are to make certain that what happens in black and poor neighborhoods does not spill over into what happens into rich neighborhoods and white neighborhoods. That's the purpose of the police departments, and whatever happens within that context is free games, fair game. But I agree with you. You know, even after the George Floyd marches in the whole era, the whole George Floyd that was literally might as what we call it the George Floyd era, you would think that these police officers would be more careful, or that they would take a step back because they don't want to see America go up and smoke again. It appears they have gotten worse, and as time goes on, they're gonna get worse. Which is one of the reason is that we have to repurpose street organizations and that black men like myself and yourself, we have to be serious about the business of organizing these young men so that we can police and patrol our own neighborhoods. I don't think that there's any other way for us to get justice, because I think it was it was W. E. B. D. Boys said that you cannot expect to get justice from a system that was not set up to give you that in the first place. So when I see good police work, I'm surprised. When I see that gang activity what they call the Blue klucks Klan, I'm not surprised, dear brother, because if you study the history of policing in the United States of America, we have always been the targets.
Speaker 3: Always Little boys reloaded podcasts will be right back after the break.
Speaker 2: Did you see the video of the police officers who apparently gunned down the guy who robbed didn't rob the bank, but shot up the bank the employee. The bank employee shot up the bank.
Speaker 4: No, sir, I didn't see that. You didn't see that, no, sir.
Speaker 2: Well, in any event, I'm on one of those pro cop farms checking them out, and they're like just all of the oh, praise you know, you know how you go all praise, all praise la la the law, right, they just praising good cops. This is why cops are heroes and cops and cops. This happened in Louisville. This is Louisville Metropolitan Police Department. These are the same people who killed Breonna Taylor, right, and they're just all praise, all praises. I went in there like a troll and through the monkey rich and I threw the grenade and turned my back. I say, is this the same Uh? Is this the same police department that killed Breonna Taylor? And they were mad? Yeah, get get Like, what all it takes is like one act of bravery right for them, and then they're coming for the next thousand infractions.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I say, this is why we need cops because of these type of situations. Well, these type of situations don't happen often enough to justify police officers overreach. You see, like, these type of things don't happen often. But what does happen often is police stretching their authority, beating up people, stealing, robbing.
Speaker 4: Killing, rapist and not being held to count not being held accountable. Right, And it's the lack of accountability. It's the lack of accountability that creates them us that us versus them mentality When it comes to black people in America, it is a justifiable mentality. It's the same with the health industry. There's a doctor by the name of j. Marion Sims, and he has been championed as the father of gynecology. So if you send your children to medical school, you have to study the research and the science from Jay Marion Sims. I think I'm saying his name right. There's a statue of him in Central Park that just got removed in twenty eighteen because when they studied his history, they studied that he learned what he learned about gynecology from his research experimentation on black women. And what he would do is he would perform surgical procedures on black women with no anesthesia, with no anesthesia because the belief was that black women were more prone to be able to take the pain. Then he'd take what he learned and turn around and perform the same procedures on white women with anesthesia.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: But he went down in history as a champion in the medical industry. And you wonder why black women and black men are a little reticent when it's time to go to the hospital, because it's just another system in America that was built on the pain and suffering of black people. It's the same with the police departments in America. So right now we have to redefine what it means to be pro black. You know, back in the sixties, if you wanted integration, they might have said, oh, you will pro black. Or in the seventies, if you were with the Black Power movement, they would say, hey, you know, you're pro black. Or if you pushed for black people to be able to go white universities, that was considered pro black. Or even if you thought that someday we should have a black president and we've had that, that may have been considered pro black. I heard this brother one time say that success is a moving target. He said, when you're two years old, success is getting through the night with our peing and to be right, you turn fifteen, success is having a girlfriend. You turn twenty two, successes you know, paying off your first call. Thirty years old, success is behind your first house. You know, fifty five years old, success is having your first grandchild. Then you get older, you get to be eighty ninety years old. Next thing, you know, success again is getting through the night without peeing in the bed. It's like a moving target. It comes full circle. Well, I believe that being pro black is a moving target, and what it means to be pro black today may be different from what it meant fifty years ago. See, we're not just charged with fighting for what our ancestors fought for. God damn it, we should be fighting for more. So if you're not talking independence, then you're not talking pro black. If you're not talking ownership, you're not speaking pro black. If you're not talking about us organizing ourselves to patrol our own communities and not dependent on the police to handle situations like the one that happened with what's my sister's name? Me, shit, the sister in Louisville. No, not Brianna, the other sister we were just talking about.
Speaker 2: But but oh.
Speaker 4: Sister Monica. Yeah, we could have handled that situation, you know, in a way to where it brought her justice. So independence is the new pro black, And if that's not what we're talking about, then we got to change the frequency of the conversation.
Speaker 2: I'll ride with independence being the pro new pro black, But I also ride with self love is just black, period. Like I think that I think that anybody, no matter if you're black, every single person that's black, should be pro black, because to be pro black it is to mean that you love yourself. Yes, sir, and I think that every single person that's white should be pro white. Every single person that's Mexican should be pro Mexican, Asian whatever. You know what I'm saying. I think that's just a person that love and said I think that you are that should That should be a GIMMI everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it starts. I think it starts right there. I agree with you, it starts with self love. But before you can really have self love, you have to have self knowledge because it's difficult to love yourself if you don't know yourself. And knowing yourself means knowing your history as well, because those who don't know what was don't understand what is, and they will never be prepared for what will be. So I agree, brother, when you love yourself, then you respect yourself. When you respect yourself, then you are most likely to respect your brother. And when you respect your brother, you are less likely to want to kill your brother. Why because who is your brother? Your brother is your other self. So when you look in the mirror and see somebody that you hate, when you see someone who is a reflection of you who looks like you. It's easier for you to hate that brother if you hate yourself. And if it's easy for you to hate that brother, then you could very well hurt that brother or kill that brother. But I agree, bro at all starts with self love, and that's something that we still have to be taught in twenty twenty three. Because see, when you look at the definition of white supremacy, white supremacy represents the preservation of all things white over all things none white. Okay, you cannot have white supremacy with out black inferiority. You can't have one without the other. Black inferiority is the oxygen to white supremacy. That means, in order for me to believe that a Caucasian or European person is inherently better than I am, somebody has already had to trick me into believing that I was born less than And when we operate with this black inferiority complex, it creates a dynamic among us where it's very easy for us to disrespect each other. You know, like respect and my humble opinion is a universal currency. Where you get it where you give it. You should be able to receive it. But the most powerful form of respect that an individual can have is respect for himself. Once you have respect for yourself, then it goes back to respect, you know, for your own right. Recently, a nonprofit by the name of I should be ashamed of myself. I forget the name of this organization, but they gave me. I should have just left it at another profit. They gave me an award, a Community Leadership Award, and it was very beautiful. I appreciate it. And when I got the award, in my award speech, I said that I was always taught that the greatest award that you could be given is not an Academy award, a Grammy, or an Emmy, but the greatest honor is to be honored by your own That's the greatest honor. And when we see it from that perspective, then the respect of month US bills. But I think it goes back to self love. My brother, I agree.
Speaker 2: Did you see this guy, Mark Taylor, the coach, Yeah, yeah, this guy went to at Last.
Speaker 4: I saw it this morning, made.
Speaker 2: A video where he just totally just clown talking about black people everywhere he was. He was saying, Atlanta, what he used to Atlanta ain't what it used to be. They can have it, they can have it. You go to But he said, you're going the restaurants and the blacks. They're in the cards, in the cards, they're black. And then he threatened to hang this black lady who he thought that might try to cut him off. Did you see that part?
Speaker 4: I saw that part. I saw it. I saw it on your page.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy, Mark Taylor is an uncivilized mutt, and he needs to be brought to heel. I'm pretty sure that whatever contracts that he had pending or whatever deals he had going on right now, he's those are all coming. They're tumbling down, and people are distancing themselves from because he was cool with Nick Saban over at Alabama. That's you know. I seen him on pitches with him, and this guy was celebrating, you know, his achievements in coaching football. This guy coaches college players, He coaches high school players to become college players, and college players become pro players. And over eighty percent of his clientele are black. Eighty percent of his customers, over eighty percent of his customers are black, right, so it's like they don't mind making money off of us, but they will still have this type of energy like and you wonder where did where does this come from? Like like what did people do to you? Like, here's the thing about me. If I don't like you, we can't make no money together. You can't make no money off mind, name, likeness, image, right, brand, contacts, nothing, even if it means that I'm not going to make money. If I don't like you, we can't get no money together. But that goes to show you how unprincipled they are. They could be like I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, but I deal with him and laugh and hug hug him and kicking he he ha ha, as long as I'm getting paid. But an uncivilized mut has no principles. An uncivilized mutt will kill his own mama for some money. He'll kill his own children for some money. He'll kill himself for some money. Mark Taylor is an uncivilized mut. Sir, where did they come from, Derek, Brother? They come from America. They come from America. And you have to remember, my brother, the chief reason, the chief agenda for bringing our forefathers to America. We didn't come here as slaves. We had to be enslaved. We came here as educated, civilized human beings who were builders of civilization, but they brought us here to be made merchandise and uncivilized MutS. Look to use your words like Mark Taylor, still have that mindset that I can stomach the presence of black people as long as their presence equals a profit for me. You gotta understand that the big house where the master live, that it was right there on the plantation with the rest of black folks. And as much as they hated us, they stomached our presence because it was our labor that.
Speaker 4: Made them rich. But what came to mind when I saw that video, brother, is how many of these other redneck coaches think just like him, but would never ever be caught expressing it on a video like that. Like when Donald Trump was president and everyone was in the uproar and in such you know, fury that you had someone of his ilk in the White House. You know, everybody was just upside down about it. What you think about Donald Trump? What you think about Donald Trump. Let me tell you something. I'm not worried about Donald Trump. I'm more concerned about the Donald Trump minded joker that's in the line behind me at the at Starbucks or wherever, or black on coffee shop. Right, well, if I'm at the grocery store, they're everywhere. Brother, Donald Trump didn't get to the White House by himself. Somebody had to vote for him.
Speaker 2: Vote.
Speaker 4: So there's eighty million of them running around here. I'm not worried about the one that's on TV.
Speaker 2: Who ain't gonna bust a great pushing nothing then save it.
Speaker 4: My concern is the ones that are teaching my children at these universities, coaching our sons on these football fields, making our food. Not that they make the food, but they don't actually prepare it. But when you go to their restaurants and they they they're serving you. Bro, you you just so when I saw the video of Mark Taylor, I just said to myself, man, I wonder how many more of these are running around? And this thought crossed my mind, brother, and I hope it doesn't happen. I just hope that some you know, paarent of a black athlete doesn't come out into the public and say, we been knowing mister Taylor all our life. He done nothing but good for my family. He gave my sons hot dogs every week. I just hope and pray that nobody is ignorant enough to come out and defend this blatant overt And it's not just racism, bro, this is pure hatred for black people that this man is expressing. But think of the hundreds of families that put their black boys in his hands. For years, this man been thinking.
Speaker 2: Like this man, with everything that black people have done for this country, everybody in this country that benefits should be kissing our ass. That's right. I said it. I said it. America ain't America. America don't have its richest America don't have this economic superpower position. With our black people, we put America in the position that is in to be a world superpower. Black people, y'all should be kissing our ass instead of hating on us, instead of waking up every day mad. But I know why they mad because they can't get the free labor no more. That's why they mad. But still okay, at some point the teacher must be at some point the student going to become the teacher. Man, suck it up, butter Cup, we ain't going back. Appreciate you, Derek Man. Appreciate you for coming on the show. Ladies and gentlemen, dak Muhammad before you go what you got coming up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: Go out and get my new book, it's called New Rules, where we discussed some of the issues that we've discussed here today. Truth trafficker dot Com is where you can purchase the book. Buy a copy by two by three, four five and give me your feedback. I'd like to know what you think about the book, and that's it New Rules, True traffic dot Com.
Speaker 2: Or if you run an organization, you know, buy as many books as you need and give it out to each each member.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir absolutely, I like that, will yes sir, piece and blessings absolutely.
Speaker 1: This episode was produced by a King and brought to you by the Black Effect Podcast Network at iHeartRadio.