Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what he said.
Speaker 2: That's what he said.
Speaker 3: That's what he said.
Speaker 2: That's what he said.
Speaker 4: All right, let's roll up our sleeves for another fight, shall we. The battle of ft against certain Brewers fans that are always waiting for tomorrow continues. The latest story comes from our friend Adam mccalvey from MLB dot com, who did some great work finding out more in terms of the offer package for the Tigers when it came to the Brewers initial offer. According to mcalvey's story, three prospects, all hitters, at least two were Top one hundred prospects. Luis Payana was one of three prospects included in the offer. Well liked, super speedy. He said. The Brewers believe they made a strong offer to the Tigers for Schooble, maybe stronger than what the Dodgers offered. And then we start playing the rankings game, and I know is going to love this right And also it depends on the publication. So mccalvey works for MLB. MLB has their own prospect list. For example, River Ryan's number sixty eight on that list, AJ and many others.
Speaker 3: Twenty eight years old. He's twenty eight years old. I'm sorry, he's twenty eight years old.
Speaker 4: Sorry, the Brewers are not going to trade Jesus made. He's number one, and nobody is faulting that. No, The debate comes to, was there a package that could have still landed this guy?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: If it's Luis Payne against all your Hope and then the Dodgers feel like they have the edge there because the Tigers like him better, that's their right. You need to start looking at the next set of things.
Speaker 3: I think the reason they like Hope better than Payne was because of the power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's definitely power.
Speaker 4: I think there's more upside and he's more of a high risk, high reward player. For me, Pain is going to be a big leaguer, He's going to have speed, he's going to be a contributor there. But Hope has a chance to be a star and has a chance to not work out. It's how it looks okay. Other guys, for example, there's a lot of debate about someone like Jet Williams. Jim Bowden doesn't think he should be anywhere near a top one hundred. He's already been traded once. He's seventy six on MLB's list. Maybe he was included in the Tigers agreed with Boden and they're like, we don't like him. A lot of this gets to semantics on who it could be in there. Here's the part that I'm reading. If the Brewers traded away a starter like Logan Henderson, Trek Schouogl was theirs, I think that's the determining sticks.
Speaker 3: Fans are saying Logan Henderson is better than trek'schoole.
Speaker 4: Then that's fine. That's your decision. And if that's how you feel, that's okay. If you need another whatever it is, four years of Logan Henderson, who is a very good pitcher, then that's okay. But that was the guy that would have made the separation. I don't think anyone's debating that. If they said, hey, we've got Pinya here in Hope a little bit higher. But if you include Henderson, we like him much better than the other pictures on the other side, that gets the deal done.
Speaker 2: That's the decision that probably came across.
Speaker 3: I made the decision they made. Listen, but we're not mad because okay, I'm not mad because they that schoob Ball went to the Dodgers like that's the Tiger's right to choose. I just as a fan of baseball, would love to see the Brewers have done it. We talk about this all the time on the show. Every once in a while, I just go for it and they and they didn't want to give up Logan Henderson, that's the Brewer's right, right. But I'm more of a Hey, I'd like to win one World Series than just make it to the playoffs every year and never win. Like cool, you made the playoffs cool, which is really hard to do.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: That's where I think my frustration has come in, and people are like, oh, he hates the RS. I love the Brewers. If you know me, I love the Brewers. I love Matt Arnold, I love Pat Murphy, I love the Brewers Stadium. I loved going there.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 3: Okay, So don't don't put those words in my mind because I've never said that, But as a fan, I would have liked to just have seen him go. And we talk about this all. We talk about the Rays, we talk about some of these smaller market we just say the Orioles all the time. Man, those years, they needed to take that next step, and they did. I guess with Corbyn Burns didn't work out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but my problem is twofold. We'll get back to the plays.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go back to the Corbyn Burns. The players they gave up to the Orioles or to the Brewers for Corbyn Burns.
Speaker 4: How are they doing Joey Ortiz and dal Hall. Yeah, I'll take Corbyn Burns, thank you.
Speaker 3: I don't. I mean, Joey Ortiz has been a fine he's he's a serviceable big league player. He's not a special player. Deal Hall has been in and out of the pitching because he's hurt. I think there was one other guy in that deal.
Speaker 4: But corn Burns reason why stars get paid so much money. It is a free marketplace, and the industry says these guys are worth so much more than everyone else.
Speaker 3: That is how he and then the other thing they brought up was the two thousand and eight uh c CC Sabbathia trade. Okay, CC got him into the postseason. Legitimize the Brewers because they were bad for a long time. Relegitimates, really relegitimize the Brewers as a big league for Okay, sure they lost in the first round, Okay, that's a crap.
Speaker 2: Shoot.
Speaker 3: Fine, But then they were like, oh, the guys we gave up, you know, we had to give up Michael Brandley. Michael Branley was the throw in. Matt Laporta was the guy. The other guys in that trade were the guys that they thought were going to be so good. Michael Branley was literally the throw in. He just turned out to be really good. That's why these rankings and all that doesn't. I mean, I was never on the top one hundred list. We had joke with JJ Cooper all the time. Yeah, we're nineteen years in the Mazet' never made any of those lists.
Speaker 4: You didn't have to trade Jesus Matte to get this deal done.
Speaker 2: It's a fact it is.
Speaker 4: There was a prospect package that would have gotten this done. Adding more right, Oh, we included three hitters, and two of them were in the top one hundred. Okay, well there's another one in the top one hundred. You might have had to add him. You might have had to make it for you. You might have had to add remember Anderson.
Speaker 2: There was a combination that worked that would have gotten you over the top. That wouldn't have killed your franchise forever. This was your schoogl for.
Speaker 4: CSI go ahead, you go, and then there's four types of Bruis fans that I want to lay out.
Speaker 3: So I remember this. I remember two thousand and three offseason. I got traded to the Giants. Okay, the night before I got traded, or the day before, I got a call from La Troy Hawkins, but he said, you're going to the Cubs. You're going to be traded to the Cubs. Dusty called me about you and he said, you know, I love you. I want you to come with the Cubs of me. Okay, the next morning I wake up. I was traded to the Giants. Why because at the last minute it was Joe Nathan Booth Bonser and they threw in Francisco Lariano, who at the time was an a ball guy. Nobody knew who the heck he was. Okay, they threw him in the Cubs. Whatever their Cubs package was. The Twins are like, screw that, we're going to take this package. Well, the Giants really wanted me at the time, so they threw in that extra player that got it done. If you want to get the deal done, you want a player. About it up, There is a package to get it done. I'm sorry, and that's the way I look at it. If I'm a GM and there's a I use the Red Sox. They really wanted Adley Retchmand. They threw in their top two pitching prospects and said Orioles, go get them, Tigers, go get them Orioles, because we'll see what happens. But we really want Adli. Fine, if that's your progative. Is a GYM, mat Arnold has a right to say no to this. And Scott Harris has a right to pick this prospect package over this prospect package, and he chose the Dodgers over the Brewers. That's his right.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 2: For parents looking for a new path to help your child succeed this year, there's still time to enroll in K twelve Powered online schools. K twelve Powered schools offer tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. Tod Father take it away.
Speaker 5: Stride is a wonderful option for anybody that's always on the run. I mean, look at myself, from playing baseball to helping out a lot of people. Stride is fantastic for your child to be homeschool. They will love it no matter what.
Speaker 4: K twelve's dedicated teachers are trained in virtual instruction, and they provide real time support, all in an online setting that works for your family, at home or anywhere that there's internet. If you're on the go, it could be for you. It's not too late to enroll this fall. See how K twelve powered schools can help your child thrive this year and beyond. Enroll online today at K twelve dot com slash foul. That's the letter K, the number twelve dot com slash f o u l K twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve serving three million students and counting.
Speaker 2: It is fine.
Speaker 4: And right now I'm seeing four versions of Brewers fans. There's two that I like and there's two that I don't like. Do you want the ones I like or don't like?
Speaker 2: First? Would you like the ones I like?
Speaker 3: No, let's go, let's go negative win.
Speaker 2: The ones we don't like first. Okay.
Speaker 4: One set of Brewers fans said, we could not have landed this player. They did not like our prospects. We could not have gotten Schooble. This Macalvey report proves it. No, it doesn't he's laying out some of the players that were put in this proporm one.
Speaker 3: But how does he know that?
Speaker 1: How does he know?
Speaker 2: Well, the team tells him this, Oh okay, and then on the play. I don't think the team's lying, but people are like, see this proof. It's been an hour of FT and you haven't shown that. You're wrong.
Speaker 4: Guys, they could not have landed Okay, So we're reading the article wrong.
Speaker 2: Let's read through it together. We should do a live session where.
Speaker 3: Books aren't as great as the brewers think they are.
Speaker 2: That's fine, but still they could have gotten him. So that's number one.
Speaker 4: That's one set of Buruis fans that's say, no, FT, we could not have landed him.
Speaker 2: That's false, that's fiction. That's one.
Speaker 4: Number two is the set of Buris fans that say, Logan Henderson un till I die. I'm not trading Terrek Scouble for him. That's fine, that's your choice. I would have gone the other route. Many other gms would have two. That's two of them. Here's the other two. One set, what are we doing why didn't we get Terrek Scouble? We've never won a World Series?
Speaker 2: We love you.
Speaker 4: Here's another set. Last set, which I think is very interesting. We didn't get Schooble. I value them for trying, But wait, hold up, Dustin May? Okay, where was Clay Holmes? Where was Robbie Ray? Where was Casey Mice. I hope that the organization's right that Dustin May is better than all of these guys, because if we're huffing and puffing, we have the best prospects in the sport, and we didn't get Schooble. Why didn't we get one or even two of these other guys that could start a playoff game for us? I better not be watching bullpen games every day in October. That's the other subset of Bruce fans that are pissed right now. I'm over Schooble, but what happened on Monday? I got two bullpen guys that I think I'll like, But are we just going to be bullpenning our way through October? And they did at some point miss and bullpen. They're gonna get wrecked at some point. If it's bullpen day every single day. You can't do that every day. Some teams have won with like two starters three starts. You can't just win with MS and or Harrison. I don't think. I hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong. I want the Bruis doing the World Series. They've never won one. Usually we're all rooting for the team that's never won. If you just don't have any dog in the fight, you want to see a team out. Yes, even in twenty sixteen, you probably were like, Nope, no, okay, I was never gonna go there.
Speaker 3: Those words will never come out of my mouth.
Speaker 1: I was not.
Speaker 3: I was rooting for Cleveland. I'll admit, I freely admit that. Nope, that is one million percent true.
Speaker 6: I took a bad turn. But so what do you think about the four four where you are yes? But the problem is the first two that you said that are so negative. I'm just attacked, you know. I don't even go ahead, No, it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 3: I just love when they're like, well, these guys were backwards hats, so they're stupid, Like it's like automatically that's their argument. It's like, what are you talking about. I can wear my hat forward, I can wear my yeah, I'll wear my half for you know. I don't wear wear a hat backwards because I don't want to show off. Show off crats with my glorious locks and crats. So if I if I didn't, if I didn't have such good hair, then it's my fault that I wear my hat backwards.
Speaker 2: Crats.
Speaker 1: I could care less that I wear my hat backwards. I don't care less than I'm bald. I wear a hat because it was something cool. When we started the show, I had like one hundred and eighty six different hats that I was gonna wear, So bald really doesn't matter. I'm going to add a fifth set. And it's on the fan Brewer fans that I don't like, the ones who are like, this is a conspiracy. He wanted to go to the Dodger. All they were doing was just saying, oh, Derek, where do you want to go? Oh? You want to go to the Dodgers. Okay, this is the thousand percent the Brewer or Major League Baseball making them trade him to the Dodgers. That's what this was.
Speaker 4: I don't wait, no, you just wait yeah, hold up, no no, no, no, no no, this needs to be cleared up.
Speaker 2: You just brought up two different scenarios. Nope, nope, you brought up two scenarios in one not fair.
Speaker 4: Ready, there is the contingent of owners that think, you know what, it's not the worst thing if Terry Skoogle ends up on the Dodgers and they just sweep through the playoffs and win it. That's different from a team asking a player where he wants to go.
Speaker 2: That doesn't happen.
Speaker 4: And I actually saw that from many people commenting on baseball like, oh, well, you know how it works.
Speaker 2: They ask the player where he wants to go.
Speaker 4: I was like, since when they do that when the player has a no trade clause, because they have no control if they don't have a no trade clause, they do not check with the player and say, we're getting a worse offer from the Dogs, but I heard you want to go there, so we're going to be nice to you. The Tigers are pissed at Schooble, not like for what he's done, but they wanted him there and they can't come up to terms.
Speaker 2: They're not like, oh, let me make sure it's a cushy landing spot for him. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I agree, that's that I've seen, though I've seen that.
Speaker 4: What Yeah, you've you've seen teams talk to players about where they want to go. This was not one of those situations.
Speaker 1: No, no, yes.
Speaker 3: Usually though, it would be a guy that's late in his career, it's getting towards the end, and they'll say, hey, we have a chance to trade you to A or B is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the deals are similar. That's not when you're the top starter.
Speaker 3: They didn't go to school LA and they're like, okay, you're going to LA no matter what they offer us. I know Harris, isn't that dumb.
Speaker 2: No, he's not that dumb.
Speaker 4: He liked the final offer that he got from the Dodgers better than what he got from the Brewers. I guarantee you if we sat down with Scott Harris and said we're they're three were they're four players on the Brewers aside from Jesus Mane in the organization that would have landed you Brewer's package versus Dodgers package.
Speaker 2: He would have said yes.
Speaker 1: And this is not this is not just a one way street. The Tigers say hey, I would like this guy. They do it all in tiers. Hey, we feel like trek Scuble is worth this tier one from this tier one from this tier, and each team evaluates each of those differently and for everybody who's like, oh, actually, do some have some ball knowledge, Actually do some research. We do a ton of research, and the only name that's come out is Louis Pana. Everything else is conjecture. There's no other. When Scott says Jet Williams, that doesn't mean Jet Williams was in it. We're talking about other hitters that are in the top one hundred. That is it. There's no like. So unless you say Louise Pania, no chance we're getting Trek Scubel to get rid of Louis Pana like it's the only real name. There is no way. It was a different package. The package was liked better by the Tigers from the Dodgers. There, that's it. There's nothing. If the Pots the Brewers wanted to get it done, they needed a better package.
Speaker 3: Hope, to me is the key the Tigers sink. Hope is going to be a stud That's what it came down to for me. And listen for all the people saying River Ryan had a one point three to three ERA when he was healthy. He's been in the big leagues one time, okay, and that year he had a one point three to three ERA. In twenty innings, tony innings. Okay. He also walked nine in twenty innings. Okay. Now this year in Triple A he is three and one with a four point four six ERA, thirty six innings, forty three strikeouts. Okay, fine, he's also twenty eight years old. Okay. And then the other thing is we all know who Logan Henderson is. To stop saying we don't know who Logan Henderson is. He pitched really well last night for the Brewers. I've watched Logan Henderson pitch. I've done a game where Logan Henderson started the game. He's a really good pitcher. But I'm just gonna ask this question, playing and simple to all you brew fans out there. Would you rather have miss and Logan Henderson or miss in Trek's schooble pitching against a playoff series? Playing pitching in a playoff series? If for as you're one two, that's that's the simple question. And if your opinion is Logan Henderson, then I'm proud of you Brewer fans. You got Logan Henderson. But for this year, if your answer is Trek Schoogle, then you make the deal for Terrek School.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very simple that's it.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's it, that's all of it.
Speaker 4: And also I still think there was a world where Henderson didn't even need to be included and they still could have come up with the right package. Would it have had to potentially be four or five guys, maybe.
Speaker 2: But that was your choice.
Speaker 4: And Brewers fans still coming after me about all of this, have not answered the question of do you hate Robbie Ray, do you hate Casey Nice? Do you hate Clay Holmes? Do you hate Jose Soriano? How far down do we need to go? Do you hate Trebbor Rogers?
Speaker 2: Right? Should we just keep going with players that were not at it?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm done talking about this. They didn't get them, and I'm tired of fighting with people that that are keyboard warriors. So congratulations Burus. I hope you win the World Series.
Speaker 4: And for Burrs fans that don't care about this year as much, I really really am rooting for you in twenty eighty nine, I won't be here, but I'm rooting for you.
Speaker 1: I think the Brewers still have a chance, Just to be honest.
Speaker 2: I do they definitely do what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We're not saying that everything's.
Speaker 4: Going to take so literally right now, if the Brewers win, it's going to be all they hated them, They're terrible.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: All we're saying is when you have an opportunity to get a big player like School or again, Option B a number of pictures that I listed to me, I'm just wondering, why did you not like all of those other pictures I just listed? Because I do.
Speaker 3: I like them, Cubs like them, and then in your division and they're gonna you're gonna end up probably maybe playing them in the postseason.
Speaker 4: So it just puts a lot of heat on your players. They they have to all perform and make sure that what they got was enough, because if not.
Speaker 1: Manny Machado twenty eighteen, Manny Minchada was almost a Brewer to the point where Manny Machado asked somebody to take his equipment from the All Star Game back to Milwaukee. That's how close Manny Machado was to being a Brewer. Does Manny Machado help us win a World Series? I don't know. Mike Mustakis ended up being the third baseman we picked up, moving Travis Shaal to second or Moose to second whatever scope we picked up. Also, they had some big hits for us. Does that make the difference? I don't know, but if you can guarantee me that somebody is going to make the difference, I think there's a time you got to move in or you're always just making the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Wait, I have one quick follow up question, because I forgot about this. Kraft was on that team in twenty eighteen. What was everyone saying when you didn't come up with Machado?
Speaker 1: They honestly, we didn't know about it until after the trade deadline, but at that time we had gotten Moose, and Moose came and just killed it right away, so nobody really cared.
Speaker 2: But because you got an option B that was good.
Speaker 1: We got an option B that was good, which is exactly what you're saying, Scott. Yes, and that's why I asked you say, did Manny Machado help the Dodgers get to the World Series. No, he actually fell in his face that Championship series, but he was on that team, so you never know. And I've talked about it countless times about the Jacob de Gram for Corbyn Burns. Never would that be a good trade for the future and That's what people need to get through their head is it's never a good trade for the future if you have legitimate players that you're trading away. The issue is how much of those legitimate players you're trading away helping the current team. Luis Pana even Heesus made any of those guys, are they going to help you win a World Series this year? The answer is no. Jacob de Gram would have come over. Come over in eighteen. Corman Burns helped us, Big Will helped us. He had a dinger against Clayton Kershaw in Game one of the NLCS. Like so they're different cases. But all this stuffs tried to tried to figure it out before and coming up to the trade deadline, and you know what, they didn't get the job done. And the Brewers can still win. FT is not saying the Brewers can't still win.
Speaker 4: This is that time of year, aj It is Baseball's time to shine, and it is sea Geek's time to shine with MLB tickets and finding the best pricing seating and games that are even sold out available on sea geek.
Speaker 3: Absolutely if you want to go to the biggest matchups coming up, we have Yankees, Cubs, coming up, Where's Yankees red sox? That means stuff. Again, there's some big moments that are coming up here and the as the penachases really heat up, go to seke can find those green tickets with the best deals and get yourself out to an MLB game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're straightforward with you.
Speaker 4: They will actually put a red dot next to a ticket that they don't feel is your best. Look. Green dot means very good code for you. It's Territory ten ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at Seakeek. That's ten percent off MLB tickets when you use the promo code Territory one zero. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The core argument is just the amount of people that I think it's okay that you don't land a starter like that, and how dare we want the brewers to be better?
Speaker 2: I just don't get. I'm like, what are we playing the game for anymore?
Speaker 3: Okay, But it was also again, they're going to have to I'm just going to say this, They're going to have to go through the Dodgers, Cuds, Phillies' Braves. Those four teams are going to probably more likely be in the I mean, let's something crazy happens. Cubs are in, Dodgers are going to be in, Braves are gonna be in. There's three of the and then the Brewers. There's four. There's probably gonna be the Phillies, Yeah, and then the Padres are Diamondbacks is the sixth. They'll be the There'll be the four seeds. So they're gonna have to play. I mean, they're gonna be probably the one or of the two, so they'll get a bye. So they're either gonna get Braves, Padres, Diamondbacks and then Phillies, Uh, Cubs Cubs. Right, So let's say they're the Let's say they're the one seed and the and the Cubs are the top wild card and they get through, and then the Braves and are Brewers and Cubs or Brewers and Cubs have to play again like they did last year, and the Cubs go Holmes Imanaga, I mean Gosman. And with their defense and the way they're swinging, do you feel.
Speaker 1: Good about that?
Speaker 2: John? I think is going to be really helpful.
Speaker 3: Deephyr John was nasty. He was nasty. I don't know, it's just it's just us. Can the Brewers do it? Absolutely, kN the Brewers do it.
Speaker 2: But if they don't, I'm not going to.
Speaker 3: Say I told you so, because it's it's not in our nature. But if they do do it, then we'll have autotal.
Speaker 2: Well, it's in my nature, so I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, because you know what, sometimes we fall on our face too and we're dead wrong and we say I'm dead wrong. But right now, we'll see what happens. Let's get to one other issue in Milwaukee right now, booing of Christian Yelich. Pat Murphy for his manager, talked about it.
Speaker 7: I heard a couple of fans today, you know, the kind of start getting down on yellye. And I know some of you guys are talking about the last this many games or that many like. Look, guys, this guy's meant unbelievable amount to our organization and the way he leads in there. You guys don't get to see. He doesn't need my protection, he doesn't need me to speak up for him, but he needs encouragement. So I'm asking the fans to understand this.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 7: Remember who this guy was?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: I don't know how many MVP the Brewers have had in their past history MVPs. I mean, I'm just saying, Yellie, Like God, he basically won two too. If nineteen he doesn't go down at the end, he wins that. So let's not forget what he's done, and that doesn't give him the grace to not If he's in the lineup, he's got to perform, and he will.
Speaker 3: We just can't.
Speaker 7: We can't start piling on when this guy's done a lot. He deserves the respect and hopefully hopefully our fans understand that. That's when again, if we're going to thread the needle, we need Yelly.
Speaker 2: Do you think they're going to give him the trade turner treatment.
Speaker 3: I think brewis fan.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's a minority that was booing them. I think it's fair.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't remember, well he heard some enough booing that he felt like he needed to say something.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't think they needed wouldn't look back at his two m VP seasons. I know he only won one m v P, but those two seasons were elite. Last year he was a ridiculous contributor to this team. A three war, a two point three war in seventy three games, an All Star in twenty four Like this dude is everything that Pat Murphy said he is, and he means everything to all these young guys that are doing well. I would bet for Christian Yellis to be a major part of this team. If they're gonna win, he has to do well, and I think he will.
Speaker 3: What did Murph's meant when he say thread the needle? If we're gonna thread the needle?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: I want to know? That's what I've been my follow up? What do you mean Murph by threading the needle? I don't know. That was when he his quote to me was we're gonna if we're gonna thread the needle, what does that mean? I would that would be my follow up. Whoever was in that room, Mcalvey, whoever it is, I would have said, what does threading the needle mean?
Speaker 1: It means it's hard to win the World Series? Oh, that's what it means.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh okay, I don't know. It was just an interesting choice of words from Murph to Saint. Thread the needle.
Speaker 4: Sometimes managers are very calculated with how they say things, not holding back. I'm saying there are messages within their words.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's why I want That's why it was very interesting. Yes, and Murph is one of the best at doing that.
Speaker 2: He's so good at it.
Speaker 3: That's why I was wondering what that means.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we never saw it. We never even talked about this when we were in Milwaukee. AJ kind of got like bit by Murph a little bit when we were at the BBW a's last year because AJ said something about like, oh, college something, and he goes, oh, you know, is that like a negative connotation. AJ's like what, No, But Trevor McGill came on the show and was like, we kind of we kind of have that, like Murph kind of has that like college mentality. So I wonder if he bit back at Trevor McGill. I know this was this was back a few a few days when we were in Milwaukee. But AJ called called a spade a spade exactly, and Trevor McGill said it said the exact same thing. I don't know. I think that college mentality is a positive thing that the locker room sees and I think Murph is sometimes like no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: I meant that as a compliment. I think that's awesome the way they I love the way they play the game. I cannot compliment the Brewers anymore. And I've said it to Murph and I'll say it to murp till I die that I love the way he goes about what he does and the way he protects his players, and they play baseball like an older school type, right, They're not relying on homers, And I love that. I meant that as a compliment. I've told Murph that, I'm like, Murph, I meant that as a compliment. If you have a problem with it, then I can't help you with that.
Speaker 4: My thing is I like how he does actually call guys out gracefully sometimes, Like if you're a manager that just always defends every single iota of what a player does, then nobody really is listening to you because they know that you're just, for a lack of a better term, homer, Right, Murph. Sometimes I'm like, yeah, he's really been bad lately, and here's what I'm seeing. And to me, I think that's more endearing to actually explain what's going on true more real anyway.
Speaker 3: So, like I said, I love Murph, I love Matt Arnold, I love Vasalo, I love Bernie Brewer, I love I think the Brewers are awesome. I think they're fun. I can't wait to go there in the postseason. It's going to be a rocking.
Speaker 2: Yep, Jerry.
Speaker 3: If they play the Cubs, I hope they sweep them. I hope they win in five because that means I get to go to more playoff games. But I mean, obviously we all know where I stand on that one.
Speaker 4: More steak dinners for aj Oh Carnivore. Yeah, there's some good ones out in Chicago, Okay. Jerry Depoto, running the front office for the Mariners for a while, did a little bit of buying, and he was asked about Kate Anderson, who is one of the top pitching arms in the sport, pitching pross to arms in the sport, and when we could see him and how they might implement.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're not going to put Kay in a bolt. Then he's the best starting pitcher in the minor leagues. I think he leads to the minor leagues and everything, not the Texas League, but the minor leagues, and you know, he is trending in every way you can. There's extra velocity there. The precision has come so far even since the day he signed. He's doing everything we could possibly expect. Their ask Cub. We want to build his innings. I think he's at eighty two today and for us to put him in a bullpen right now would be irresponsible for his future development. There is going to come a time where we get to a juncture in the season where we're no longer concerned right now he is the next starter up, you know, and for us that that is an important element, especially now with louis no longer here. Five traditional starters on the major league club, you know, and having a guy like Kate in the background is a really positive thing. So to shorten him up would not be something we would consider. We may get into September if we don't need to tap the extra starter now we can talk about more creative things, but we're not going to plan on a runway would more likely be creative and how we use them as a as a major league once he gets here.
Speaker 4: Jerry Depoto was a big league pitcher the Mariners I think have done as good a job as any team of developing and keeping their pitching healthy. I purposely found this quote for Krats because we've seen some top end prospects come up to the show and they do a little bit of foot seat and they dance around. This does not sound like a guy who is going to come up to be a reliever. It does not sound like a guy who is going to come up to do some bulkwork like your boy Chase Dolander did for the Rockies before he got hurt.
Speaker 2: So I like where the Mariners heads are at.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't want to. I don't want to kick the Rockies. I mean, I think they're what they were doing. They were they were looking to a lot of games. So I don't want to kick the Rockies when they did that as nine move. This is genius. This is genius. And I was just looking at Kate Anderson's numbers. There's so much that Jerry Depoto said there that I loved. We're looking to build his innings. We don't need to do this right now, so it means you already have a good bullpen. He didn't say it. It's never gonna happen in September, but he's the next guy up. He's the next guy up, and we're gonna want him to start. He is the best starting pitcher in the minor leagues. He has a point six' five whip point sixty. Five every other inning one guy gets on, base is what that's telling. Me he's striking out thirteen guys per nine, innings like his numbers are video game. Esque does he want to be in the big? Leagues absolutely. Tough. Org, sorry every one of these dudes makes. Starts but to, me that's an environment where you show up and you're expected to do the exact same make every one of your. Starts so it's a good spot for The mariners to. Have my only follow up question To Jerry depoto would be Cam Cad anderson hit or drive a run In that would be the only reason to get him called up right.
Speaker 4: Now, well his response IS i did add one bat In Taylor. Award Brendan donovan is back and hopefully he will do things for the. Team they Cut Rob refsnyder And Mitch. Garber they're. TRYING i don't think the offense is going to be this bad the whole months or two, months and then if they get into the playoffs all.
Speaker 2: YEAR i, know BUT i think it's gonna get a little.
Speaker 1: Better, okay all years, years A.
Speaker 3: J it's last year their third hitting. Coach, Okay, scott they're gonna get. Better bobby And Magianos gott fired their third hitting, coach not the first who is and they're not the second who's A hall Of Famer Edgar martinez or maybe it's Vicey. BERCY i don't. Know one guy is A hall Of famer with the other. Guy, thanks and then they Fired.
Speaker 1: Bobby bobby appreciated everything you guys said that we said on the show. Too by the, way he heard it and he appreciated. It he's he's just one of those. Guys