Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong, and Jettie and he arm get breaking news. Speaker Johnson says, the full bill may go to the or the bill may go to the full House for a vote. Tonight. There you go, come on, Chrissy edwork. I was just reading print media that said maybe this weekend that shows you why print media is dead. Oh, tonight live from Studio C.
Speaker 1: You see signor then it goes to the Senate where they come up with something completely different than the real work begins.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Hello, a dim room deep within the bowels of the Armstrong in Getty Communications compound. And today we're under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 1: To heck with politics. I say, to heck with the our general manager. Today, the Great George went norm from Cheers, a sitcom that went off the air thirty two years ago. It was a better simpler time. The eighties, Yes, were a better simpler time they were. Do you think they actually were?
Speaker 2: Yes? I do? Yeah.
Speaker 1: How about the ninety anyways? Sociologically nineties pretty solid.
Speaker 2: When did it when? When did it stop? Being a better, simpler time. That'd be my question.
Speaker 1: The twin happenings of the rise of the smartphone, which has been both a blessing indocurse about two thousand seven for that, and the rise of critical theory slash DEI in our nation's education systems, which I think really it was under cover so you didn't know it, but it was really i'd say two thousand on really gain esteem.
Speaker 2: And then they start putting skirts on the quarterbacks. Couldn't touch emxactly exactly that too, that's a good point. We used to have men in this country. Yeah, man, like George went of cheers, uh and then yeah, I don't want to talk about this either. It's just I'm so bothered by it. So that well, overnight they claim anyway that the salt deduction thing is going to happen. Now, oh yeah, it's going to be big. And the number now yeah, with with another caveat that makes it even higher, which is just insane.
Speaker 1: Absolutely so, you're insane spending blue states. The poor denizens of those states will have giant tax deductions because they're being soaked by their blue state.
Speaker 2: What could be less conservative than red states paying the taxes of blue states. I know it's obscene. So this congress person from New York, and you can't blame him. He's representing his people. I don't think he can blame him.
Speaker 1: No, he's got to be seen trying. Because people vote their self interests. They shouldn't if they're patriots, but they do.
Speaker 2: That's about him. I might change my mind in that because like, it's my self interest to have the salt deduction would save me quite a bit of money, right, like put more money in my kids pockets. But it's just so horrible. I can't. I can't. There's no way. If I was king, I would not allow it to happen anyway. This representative from New York said, New York is the highest tax burden of any state in the country. We need to raise the cap on salt to deliver relief for middle class families to my ass in which many people replied some version of why is that my fault? Or why do I have to pick up the tab please? Or this if only were there some other way for New York to lower their tax burden, as in, lower your own tax if you get too often.
Speaker 1: It's sarcasm right there, Yeah, it is so crazy, it's repugnant. It's a betrayal of everything the Republican Party claimed to have stood for. But it doesn't anymore apparently.
Speaker 2: And while you are correct that the House version, even if it does go to the full House tonight and gets passed, it goes to the Senate and then they'll have their changes and then it goes back. But it certainly directionally gives you an idea of where things are. Trump was in there yesterday, strong arm strong and strong arming people this way or that to get this thing through. And if it passes in its current form, it will set the record for the highest debt to GDP ratio that we've had since World War Two.
Speaker 1: So during prosperous times of a growing economy, that's correct.
Speaker 2: Right, Not at war with China, which will happen someday, and we'll start the war in a really bad financial position instead of World War II begins, and then you get into financial trouble because you're dealing with the crisis.
Speaker 1: Well, and remember, if there's some giant i'm a downtterm, recession, depression, whatever, generally, governments will go into debt stimulating their economy.
Speaker 2: But we're already way into that. This is like, so, I mean you're always using the family, you know, analogy of He's just like living as stretched as you can your paycheck to paycheck, with a really nice house and really nice cars, and you've already booked your vacation and everything like that, with the assumption that mom or Dad won't lose their job, nobody will have a medical problem, nothing, the air conditioner won't break down. If any of those things happen, you're screwed.
Speaker 1: And the kids have sat mom and down at the kitchen table and explained the situation to him. Unfortunately, Dad's a coke fiend and mom's psychotics. So Dad does a big line and blow and goes off to the Ferrari dealer as the children sit at their kitchen table crying, crying over their future. Good morning, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: How are you, the eight year feeling the eight year old daughter says, but what if the air conditioner broke? I'm off to get another Ferraur, says the government. I was walking my dog yesterday and I walked by his house. They had their garage door open. I've never walked by it before. He's got a I couldn't help was a Lamborghini or a Ferrari. I'm not I don't know those kind of cars that well, but it was one of those and some sort of super fancy, little tiny sports Porsche car. Those are his two cars. And then in the living room, he's got a giant drum set set up. That's got to be a divorced guy, right, A rich divorced guy has to be a rich divorced guy. Two little sports cars and your drum set in the living room, screams rich divorced guy.
Speaker 1: To me, I can't imagine any lifestyle whatsoever. Well, rich tech guy who's never been married. Could That could? But you're right, that could be. There is no household in America that includes a female partner that also includes a drum kit in the living.
Speaker 2: Room, full setup, like it's Phil Collins. I mean, yeah, wow, my kids hit me the other night with Actually I said it first, and then Sam said, I was thinking the same thing. What did we eat? Yes, I can't remember, like macaroni and cheese, and I steamed some vegetables or something like that. I said, wow, this is really a divorced dad meal right here. Sam said, Sack that you could laugh about it. Yeah, it's hilarious. Well, some laughs are different than other laughs. Maybe we need laughs. We'll go open the show with our very clip. I'm Jack Enough human despair pie God. Yes, I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this. It is Wednesday, May twenty first, the year twenty twenty five. We are damn it. Whoop, we are armstrong and geddy, and we approve of this program. Whoops. There it is all right.
Speaker 1: Let's begin the show officially according to CC rules and regulations.
Speaker 2: Here we go at mark. Everybody paying arm what I know enough? Anybody? Yeah, better give me a tall one case I like it. I was life treating you Norm. I just ran over its dog my nipples. It's freezing out there. How can I do well?
Speaker 3: I am gonna need something to kill time before my second beer.
Speaker 2: How about a first one? That's a good one. I like a really tall one in case I like it. That's pretty funny. I always liked. That's George Went, who died yesterday. He was a figure on a popular sitcom where he would walk in the bar every day and they would say something like, what's up to Norman? He'd say, my ideal weight? If I'm seven feet tall. How's life treating you, Norman like a dog treats a bone. I was watching some video with Seinfeld Jerry Sin the other night, and the question was how did Seinfeld become such a big hit? And he said ted Danson got tired of doing Cheers because they moved into the Cheers time slot. When time when Ted Danson got tired of doing Cheers and Seinfeld had been on four different time slots and not caught on zero ratings and might have died a death as a cult favorite had it not been for that. Yeah, which is an interesting thing about wife right there, It really is. That's why you just keep grinding.
Speaker 1: You never know when the ted Dancing of Fate is going to duck out of the timeslot of reality, right exactly? Yeah, in the TV schedule of your dreams, Yeah, I got one, I got one question before we take a break.
Speaker 2: So a hallmark of the Armstrong and Getty Show. There are several hallmarks, but one hallmark is the media not answering the obvious question. Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 1: We've the one that pops into everybody's mind, but professional reporters, And I think that's happening today where I've heard six times. Probably the Republicans met at one am or still wrangling over the bill.
Speaker 2: The rules committee began at one am. Why did they start at one o'clock in the morning. You can't just throw that out there? Isn't that the obvious question? How did you start at one in the morning? When did that become a thing? Is that a thing?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Did they start it? Well, they started at one am. They're like eight hours in. They started at one am, as I said yesterday. But I haven't heard anybody say, why isn't that isn't it? Isn't that it obvious? Why do they start at one in the morning? Who does that? Who says, be here in your suit and tie and hard shoes, park and get in here and be in your seat at one am? Because do you have any idea? Why?
Speaker 1: Probably because they they were working until roughly midnight to get to a place to have that committee meeting.
Speaker 2: I guess right. It seems like an odd way to do business to me. I don't know. I feel like I'm not I'm not suggesting anything untoward or anything. It just seems odd.
Speaker 1: Yeah. At the risk of returning to the mood of two and a half minutes, ago. I feel like I'm observing a you know, a couple of you know, like I don't know. I'm in a Chinese prison camp and the two guys are discussing exactly how.
Speaker 2: They're going to torture me.
Speaker 1: And I'm listening to the process and absorbing, and the whole thing is so disappointing and disgusting to me.
Speaker 2: I just want to pretend it's not happening. You are to talk about it. If you are in a Chinese prison camp, you've got to get the maintenance worker to figure out a way to let you out. We've got more on that story, a momental genius huh, among other things on the way Katie's headlines. Next stay here. Just writing an article to the wall Sure journal about how you can make money streaming. That's what I need to do. I need to be a guy just like opens boxes. That's a big box opening box, boxing stream unboxing streamer. That's what all become. I'm gonna open up these shoes. My son was watching one of these the other day. Just got the shoes, Gonna open it. Ooh, lift off the lid. Look at this some nice crey paper. I am so mystified by This guy had like eighty million followers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know, I try not to poop poo something before I at least a little understand it. Ah, maybe I could kill a couple of birds with one stone, Katie, what do you think of this? Let me just try that. You're young and hip garage cleaning videos?
Speaker 2: Oh what sure?
Speaker 1: That could get guy? Where will I put this rake? Let me think? And then people would be watching thinking you could put it up on that rake rack. I don't know it would work.
Speaker 2: Then you cut to Judy her saying, if I see that rake l leaning up against the car one more time, I don't know what I'm gonna do. Then back to you with the rake.
Speaker 3: There's this whole time Scot He's got millions of followers, and he does yardwork.
Speaker 2: Is he hot? Nof?
Speaker 3: He just goes through and he finds he finds houses that have completely let their front yards go, and he fixes them for him and videos it and puts it up. And this guy, he's making so much money that his niche now as he goes around and does it for free for people.
Speaker 2: I've never watched that, but I have watched things before, and this might be my least favorite emotion. I've watched things before where I'm several minutes into it, sometimes way too many minutes into it, and I think, what am I doing? Is this how I want to spend my life? Agreed?
Speaker 1: Right, It's like you on your deathbed as whispering to you, are you serious with this? This is how you're this is how you're spending our time. I'm thinking my garage cleaning videos would be great. I think Judy and I could work on a little I don't know, honeymooner's style, bickering sitcom style.
Speaker 2: I told you I pick up the rake. Yeah, I haven't picked up that ring. You know, just this sort of thing, money pit do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, A right, Let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green Dailey.
Speaker 3: Starting with the free Beacon quote. It could be twelve to eighteen months. Former White House doctor says biden cancer prognosis is grim.
Speaker 2: Really he might have that long to live twelve.
Speaker 3: To eighteen months, according to the Free beaconless he was one hundred percent healthy.
Speaker 2: Given you know the look of him, it wouldn't be super long anyway. Yeah, wow, But God bless him. He's our fellow human being God bless him in the liar. I don't wish he had cancer, but he's a freaking liar top to bottom. And every continue to hear out of them about their cancer diagnosis is probably a lie. So where do you place your sympathy since they're lying about everything.
Speaker 3: From The New York Post, Hunter Biden told Jake Tapper to go f himself after CNN host pestered him during his brother's last days.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I heard they almost got into a fight at some point. I don't know that story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tapper was asking him about bow and Hunter flipped.
Speaker 2: Well, hundreds of crackhead and they flip about a lot of things. I don't know if you ever see him on the corner yelling at fire hydrants.
Speaker 3: From CNN, Trump details planned to build Golden Dome missile shield by the end.
Speaker 2: Of his term. Love this story. I don't know how doable it is.
Speaker 1: And they've got to develop the technology at Notre Dame University. Obviously, the golden domes And did Trump just go with that name because he likes gold so much?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe I mean orya the plated dome. Israel has the iron dome, so it's not a huge stretch. I guess I don't know. I'm a titanium. Gold is a soft metal. It's useless as a dome.
Speaker 3: From NBC. Twenty one year old man charged with giving alcohol to twenty year old who fell two stories.
Speaker 2: At the Pirates game. O. Wow, you're twenty one and you slipped a beer to your twenty year old friend and you're in trouble bottom two beers. Thank goodness. None of my friends or I have ever done that during our coll No, God, that only happens always. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Come on, hey, Darwin, try not to flip out of your seat onto the field and break your neck.
Speaker 2: I mean, I realize the laws of law, but it's not the same as like a fifty year old buy and beer for twelve year old. Yeah right, right.
Speaker 3: From the Financial Times, Google offers AI mode in.
Speaker 2: Total re imaging of search, so they're trying to just yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: No, it's just they're trying to keep up with the chatbots and all of that nonsense.
Speaker 1: I was just reading about Google's challenges with AI and then competing and how it's changing the landscape of search, especially so much.
Speaker 2: But Google's doomed unless they really revamp it. I'm I'm full chat GPT for I surges. Now, yeah, Google's got some interesting stuff in the works. I wouldn't give upon him yet. In fact, I was tempted to buy some stock from the Babylon b Alarming.
Speaker 3: Thanks to public schools funding cuts, this five year old student doesn't know all of the various sexual lusts adults adults can have.
Speaker 1: Because of the funding cuts, we've had to cut our teaching perversion to kindergartener's program.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid we've got some more news of the day for you, and there's a lot as always. If you missed a second, get the podcast Armstrong and get you on demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you direct me and personally that I regret voting for you for Secretary of State.
Speaker 2: I yield back.
Speaker 3: I respond, well, first of all, your regret for voting for me confirms I'm doing a good job.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because you're a dumb ass. Then he took a drink of water because he's so thirsty. L Marco's too classy to throw in the dumb ass part. But that's precisely with him. And if I found myself in agreement with you, I'd be humiliated your dumbass. Okay, that was fun. So I uh, I'll speak for myself. Joe then can put in his opinion on this. I'm I'm feeling maybe people getting tired of the Hey, we get it, Joe Biden was ancient and they're covering it up. On the other hand, at the risk of wearing people out on this, it is well, I'm looking at David Harsani's tweet. He echoes what a lot of people that I like are saying. It's the biggest It's one of the biggest scandals in US history. Yes, it could potentially be the biggest scandal in US history, right, and for a number of reasons.
Speaker 1: It's a multi layered not only scandal, but opportunity I think, and I'm sure we'll miss it as a country, but the opportunity is to blow the lid off of the unbelievable dishonesty and dysfunction of the American media system. Okay, so you used to claim to be one thing while clearly behaving is another.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it depends on how you define the scandal. If the scandal is the Biden cover up like within themselves, and then the media going along with it for whatever reason. That's a very, very giant scandal, just the media's coverage in the era of Trump. The Wall Street Journal lays it out today. And when you put it in order like this, their failure to admit that Russian collusion was a lie, followed by claiming Hunter Biden's laptop was Russian intelligence when they knew it wasn't. Then four to eight years of pretending Joe Biden wasn't senile. You put all three of those together, it's amazing they don't have a zero percent approval rating. I mean that is incredible. Oh and as they point out in the Wall Street Journal, all the while trying to claim Trump was hitler and you should be afraid, very afraid, right, Yeah, And which brings us back to the incredible, hilarious lack of self awareness that Jake Tapper displays with his whole look what I uncovered saying, the media, after each of those major betray rails of their listeners, readers, et cetera, said nothing is here. Let's talk about the next thing, thinking people didn't notice.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute. I watch you every night and you told me something that wasn't true. Two hundred and thirty seven consecutive nights. Well, okay, I guess I'll keep watching, and then another one and another one occurs, and then they have no trust left in the American or the American people have no trust left in them, and they're completely mystified as to why it's It's really strange.
Speaker 2: I don't Well, they clearly don't realize, as was laid out by the Wall Street Journal there, how much damage they've done to themselves.
Speaker 1: Right right, That's what I'm saying there there. They are spectacularly unself aware. Speaking of which I said to the guys in the pre show meeting today, this is as if I created it with Ai A WHOOPI Goldberg, commenting on the scandal, dishore is always.
Speaker 4: Been a mass trust of trust issue because politicians, media nobody does what they're supposed to do.
Speaker 2: Now, I say, for me, is.
Speaker 4: It he's eighty three, so he's a little stumbling, he's a little rumbly.
Speaker 2: I can't point to.
Speaker 4: Anything that he's done as president that he did.
Speaker 2: For you.
Speaker 4: But but I'm saying, I want not you, but I want somebody to tell me, well, when did you know.
Speaker 2: It was bad? If you knew. Why did you wait? So he said that it was after moderated the debate.
Speaker 4: Yes, but that's I'm sorry, baby, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about if if you're telling me that hundreds of people knew that he was not able to do his job, then where the hell was everybody job?
Speaker 2: No, it's more like one hundred million people knew, wood be two thirds of Americans knew. How were they not away of this? The bubble syndrome?
Speaker 1: It's got to be they are as bubbled as we suspected when we were at our most cynical. That's clearly true. So again, this scandal has so many different layers to it. One of them is just you know, you, us, all of us, as we observe humanity, have learned something about how delusional people can be.
Speaker 2: Right. That quote from Morewell that Jake Tapper put in the beginning of the book that he thought he was making about people around Biden was actually about himself. But it is really really good about how difficult it is for human beings sometimes to recognize the truth if it's not what they want it to be. It takes a constant effort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and it exists, you know, all over the spectrum.
Speaker 2: I know some folks.
Speaker 1: I haven't talked to him for a little while, but it was in the wake of one of Trump's, you know, just inexplicable missteps, and they denied, as a couple up and down, that he had made any mistakes or miscalculations at all, and they thought I was nuts to say he had.
Speaker 2: And I thought, wow, okay, well we can uh, okay, let's talk about the weather. So I've got so I'm still reading the Jake Tapper book and making my way through it. But the one thing that he doesn't seem to have the answer on that I wonder if history will dig up. But he he suspects strongly, and this clearly seems to be the case somebody close to Biden, and I don't think this could be Jill. This had to be some of his handlers. They were feeding Biden fake polls. Yeah, you know the various interviews where he went on said no, no, I'm leading the polls. That's because he was being fed phony poles. As has been pointed out many, many times, there were no internal Democratic Party polls that ever showed him being ahead. Kamala Harris being ahead ever once? Right? So who I mean that? First of all, why are you doing this? And secondly, what makes you think that's a good idea to make up a poll for an old, senile man to make him think he's ahead right?
Speaker 1: Well, And that is probably the headline because it's practically become a cliche in American politics. George Bush doesn't want to run the White House. He's a puppet, Dick Cheney's in charge, blah blah blah, just every president. This was an actual example of a senile old man unable to function at some times and not function very at a very high level at others, being completely controlled and gas lit in the classic sense from the original movie by his inner circle, including his wife, that he was doing great, and the poor doddering old fool believed it. And oh, by the way, he was the leader of the free world at the time. But why would the The normality of that story cannot be overstated.
Speaker 2: But why were they bringing him polls showing him ahead when he wasn't? For what reason?
Speaker 1: To keep him in it? Because they thought only he could beat Trump. They shared that decision apparently.
Speaker 2: But that's not the way usually you do The opposite, like, look, our internal polls show us behind, so we need to change our messaging here, or we need to go to these states or whatever to help your strategy. What's the point telling the guy he's winning.
Speaker 1: Well, I think they had that low an opinion of his abilities to do anything about it.
Speaker 2: So you think they were running the campaign based on the real polls that they knew. Yes, he wasn't incapable of doing any he wasn't going to do anything, so it doesn't matter. Let's just keep him happy. He can eat his jello and he can watch prices right and go to bed.
Speaker 1: Well, if I were to use the football metaphor, oh the tush push soon to be outlaw jack, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh it's a Persian. It's it's it's it's it's an American. What it's against a lot?
Speaker 1: I have a big ass, the ass, that's the operative, the factory.
Speaker 2: This was America, all right, So oh, to use a football metaphor.
Speaker 1: So the campaign is thinking, all right, can we jazz up our offense, meaning can we use our candidate more effectively? Can we alter our strategies become more aggressive?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 1: And they looked at the senile old mummy and said no, we cannot. So they went entirely in this may ring a bell on defense. Trump is hitler, Trump is evil. Trump is coming for game people, for black people. It will come to your home and beat your children down.
Speaker 2: I still think there's a missing element to this somewhere that I don't quite understand what their end goal was they did. There's no way they thought that Biden could be president for another four years.
Speaker 1: No, no, they just wanted him to beat Trump and then they would continue to be the puppet masters a new puppet.
Speaker 2: Because there's a lot there's a fair amount of suspicion and well earned suspicion that they were as scared of Kamala Harris being president as you are. Yeah, and so that that that I mean, if if if al Gore had been the vice president, problem solved, We we make it clear the guy's got to go, and al Gore's president and we run him because he's a good politician and he would win. That that's what they would have done. But they didn't have that in their in their as a backup. But that doesn't make sense. So you want to get Biden to win, so then he has to step down after he gets elected because of his brain and Kamala Harris's president. That's is that what they wanted. I still don't understand it. I would argue that.
Speaker 1: And whether it was the super cynical version of this or the fairly cynical version, I don't know. But they either thought, we will continue to be behind the scenes puppet masters with all this enormous power when we install Kamala Harris, making it clear that we engineered her rise.
Speaker 2: Trump is more you did it again yesterday. He's more leaning more into the hole who was running the auto pen, who was running the autopen And that's not a crazy conspiracy given the way things have played out over the last couple of months at all.
Speaker 1: Or the slightly less cynical version of my theory is that they actually believe Trump is the h man and that they had to save the country by keeping him out of office, and Joe Biden was his best their best bet. But either way, it was quite literally a cabal of insiders controlling a senile old man to their purposes.
Speaker 2: I've got a nugget that might help explain it from Jake Tipper's book. Right after this, you don't want to have your nugget stolen by some scumbag. That's why you need simply Save home security. Holy cow, the combination of technology and human beings at a very very reasonable price is amazing. Simply Safe active.
Speaker 1: Guard outdoor protection helps prevent breakings before they happened. You got your AI powered cameras backed by live professional monitoring agents, and he scumbag starts around your property, the agents can see them and talk to them in real time. Activate the spotlights, call the cops all before your windows get smashed through your door.
Speaker 2: Get skech special AI technology that can detect the scumbag ooching. It's true. I love driving away from my house every day with the simply Safe sign in the yard. Learning to people that I've got all the sensors on the windows and the cameras and all that different sort of stuff makes you feel good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It starts around a dollar a day. Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: That's so much better than traditional security systems. Visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong. Get fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan. Get your first month free just because we're buddies. That's simply safe dot com slash armstrong there's no safe like simply safe.
Speaker 2: I mentioned this last week. Sometimes with politicians we act like they don't have the same needs that every other human being has for employment or having their kids in school or all those different sorts of things, and make all these things out. You should have resigned, or you should quit to if you don't believe whatever, or you know, he should be honest about this or that. Whoever he works for loses the next election, you gotta move. Probably you're picking up your wife and kids, her husband and kids and moving and putting them in a different school. And now you got to figure out how to get a job. And you know it's not easy, and it might not just be you. This is what I got from Jake Tapper's book last night. They're talking about the inner circle, the very inner circle that he calls the pull up Bureau in the Jake Tapper book. The people around Biden that will protect him in the most the people that were lying to like Chuck Schumer and saying no, no, he's fine behind closed doors. The inner circle. They're immediately family members worked at the White House too. This one person's daughter was Biden's day schedule, or this other person don Len's his niece worked at the National Security Council. Rashetti's children would find found jobs in the White House Social Office, the State Department, and the Treasury Department and the Department of Transportation. So it's not just you. You and your entire family would lose their livelihoods. It's all you're is that? Okay? First of all, how was that? Okay? The Democratic Party is always worried about equity and equality and people getting a patriarchy and all this different sort of crap. You get a job in the White House, and you get all your kids different jobs in the federal government.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, yeah, And this Jack, I'm gonna read your mind here in case anybody's wondering.
Speaker 2: You're not making excuses.
Speaker 1: You're you're helping people understand how incredibly hollow and hilariously fake the notion of public servant right right, please, it's the gig And my gosh, that what an interesting illustration, all of those different family members. Yeah, you're gonna keep the Mummy in power if you possibly can, because if Kamala gets in there, who knows, maybe she cleans house.
Speaker 2: She probably will, probably would, because she's got her own family members and staff to get in there, got mail bag on the way. Stay here. I do want you to explain that if the NFL is going to make the tush push illegal, that's a pretty big deal. It won them the Super Bowl, right, Yeah, they're just going back to the old rule. Need an asterisk. The Chiefs won. As a Chiefs fan, Chiefs should get the trophy.
Speaker 1: Boy, it puts the ass back an asterisk, doesn't it? The tush push?
Speaker 2: I get it? Okay?
Speaker 1: Freedom loving Quote of the day from the Marquis de Lafayette, Frenchman, soldier, fighting man, leader helped us win the revolution. By golly, humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a.
Speaker 2: Country's said of the United States.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful. It gives me chills just to read it. Yeah, humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country. Hey, friends, let's try not to screw it up. Mailbag Woo woo drops an oap mailbag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. You want short emails, here you go, writes Brian in Vancouver. Kudos to Katie. That was very brave to share with her family what she and her husband are going through to bring a sweet child into the world. Our oldest utter and her husband had been worth trying with IVF unsuccessfully as yet. But Katie was talking to us about that at fair length that process during Armstrong You Getty One More Thing podcast dated May the twentieth.
Speaker 2: Do you plan to share more of that? Katie?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All Sarah, that goes Why not your choice?
Speaker 1: Let's see Brian family wish you and Drew's success success. Look forward to hearing about the results. Listeners since day one of the show. Good lord now, thanks Brian.
Speaker 2: Good to hear from you. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's see Freaquent correspondent Paolo guys budget frustration.
Speaker 2: It's tempting to give up on.
Speaker 1: The national debt, but politicians' attitudes and actions just keep getting worse. Please keep harping on this stuff. Then he sends a quote from The New York Times Has he got the Votes? As the title of the story. About three dozen Republicans deficit hawks have been strategizing in a group text and at the Capitol Hill home of one of the members. Most of them signed a letter earlier this year saying they would not vote for a bill that adds to the federal deficit. The bill's current version would add three point three trillion over the next decade. All these hawks are talking about is controlling the deficit, and they can't even muster up support for that. Have you seen the great you know, outcry and ground swell and conservative media for how we cannot possibly grow a deficit one more dime?
Speaker 2: No, you have not. No, the country doesn't care. Getting back to that last temailer, who's been listening to us since day one? That's yes, twenty seven years ago, is that right, twenty? That is twenty seven years. You've been listening for twenty seven years, Brian, Have you tried anything else? You know what you've earned.
Speaker 1: You've already earned the armstrong and getty potholders, Oven Mitz, Oven Mitz, the bumper stickers, the framed as signed autograph poster to end autographed.
Speaker 2: We came to your house one Thanksgiving in Cooke to dinner, and.
Speaker 1: Now you've earned yourself a three night stay at Jack's place. That's the twenty seven year premium.
Speaker 2: So check in anytime. It's gonna be hot. The air condition work right now, no early.
Speaker 1: Check insh Matthew, Idaho farmhand on a similar topic, right, guys, excellent takedown to the big beautiful craft sandwich making its way through this Republican Congress. Joe, my wife and I had already said done this past election cycle when it become undeniable that the R stands for little else other than expediency and a means to power. The parties do indeed shift chameleon like to match whatever their standard bearer of the month is. We're independent Conservatives, although the f yahli Can Party certainly appeals Yeah, yeah, what are we? And Michael will be about out of time about one minute.
Speaker 2: I think Trump is reading the room correctly, though the country doesn't care. They should and leaders should lead people into caring.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, yeah, they should vote their conscience, not pander to the you know, greedy simpletons who vote for them.
Speaker 2: But good luck getting them to do that.
Speaker 1: I'd like to talk more about the salt deduction and salt penalty for people in blue states. Give you a little bonus mail bag a little bit later on in the show.
Speaker 2: If we add three trillion dollars to the deficit, yes, during prosperous peace time. Yes, we as a country deserve what's coming. We do we do. I just hate for my kids to have to live through it, right, Armstrong and Getty