Speaker 1: Hello, friends and family. I'm Devin Simone.
Speaker 2: Yes, and once again I am Davon Rogers. And this is MTV's official challenge podcast, The Best Podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes it is Girl Davon this episode, I had so many shake my head moment, may can not all right, First, we're gonna do a quick breakdown. Then you know, we gotta get into it. So the challenge was ball control, I'm talking it to climb up the rope on top of each other. That looked uncomfortable as hell. They had an opportunity to get fifty thousand dollars added to the prize pot. You know how much they added six thousand dollars right side eying that. There was a lot of arguing, there were some weak performances from Chauncey and Hughie, and then we get into the voting. All right, house votes are in now. Earlier in the episode, we see them talking about team USA versus UK, right, talking about we're gonna stick to this alliance. That lasted for three point two five seconds, because as soon as we get into deliberation, a bunch of the Americans are talking about we're gonna vote Chauncey in, to the point that Berna even said, I don't know if America knows how to be a loyal Oh you girl? True?
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Then Chauncey selects James once he gets voted in, James like what I do. But alright, Bet also allegedly James is six to five. I don't know if that was a smart choice. But they go into elimination called Mike Light. It's like tic tac toe. I like what the producers did with the play on the name there, and the winner turns out to be James. Although it got pretty close towards the end, like one, Chauncey kind of figured it out. It was really a good game and fun to watch. Unfortunately, Chauncey goes home, but he is going home to his new baby girl days. How did you feel about this episode?
Speaker 2: This episode was crazy, like the elimination Like the rest of the episode great, but that elimination. I was on the edge of my seat and I was screaming on the TV like Chauncey, come on, baby, I know you said. It was like tic tac toe. I looked at it like Connect four, like block the man's lights. Chauncey block the man's lights. But once he got the strategy. I mean, it was a little too late, but once he got it come on.
Speaker 1: It was interesting seeing too how James was getting like Chauncey was didn't look tired at all. So it's one of those things with the challenge again, it proves that, look, some people aren't great with strategy, and maybe that's not Chancey's strong Shoot, he's not great at strategy. He's also not great at politicking. We're gonna get to that a second. But when it comes to endurance and you know, physicality, some of those dudes better be happy that Chauncey's gone, because clearly he can do endurance. He's clearly he's very strong, like you know, and I don't. While in the house, I feel like they tried to make it seem from you know, his past season that maybe Chauncey is like untrustworthy. I actually don't think Chauncey's untrustworthy. I think Chauncey in the game is sometimes easily influenced, so it's like he'll kind of go with the direction of whatever feels. I actually feel like sometimes we see that with Michelle too, Like I don't I don't think as a person, I really don't think Chauncey's like not trustworthy or not loyal. I think being that maybe he's not the best strategist. That is, you're enough. Yeah, if you're convincing enough in the house and you're like we're gonna do this or we're gonna do that, he'll do that sometimes not thinking three steps ahead of like how is that gonna read or how is that gonna affect whomever? You know it's it's against I actually probably would have recommended they keep him on. I just think they just need to know how to be manipulative. Basically, you call it saying that.
Speaker 2: He could be puppeteered.
Speaker 1: Lo it's true though, it's true, but it's not a bad thing. Like I would have trusted him as being very loyal. As long as you are convincing at you know your case, then I'd want Chauncey on my side.
Speaker 2: I think all he needed to do was win a challenge. He just needed a little power. I think if you want some power, then we would have seen a different side of him. That's that's what I think. Some people just kind of go with the flow, like I said, because they don't want to cause waves. But once you get a little piece of power. I think if he won, he still would not.
Speaker 1: I still feel like he still would call Like I feel like he's an easy going kind of got like he's just a chill god. Maybe I'm wrong, Probably not.
Speaker 2: Better shake it up if he come back, you better.
Speaker 1: One thing he better not do is ever hold a live Q and A during deliberation ever again in his life, ever again in his life.
Speaker 2: Have I ever hurt you in the past.
Speaker 1: Trying to be Maria minwos He better sit out and don't ever do that when you're on the chopping block, if you're in the winter circle, maybe, but don't do it chopping block.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't.
Speaker 1: It is not good. Not good. Another thing that wasn't good that Kyland and Melissa moment. Although I'm glad it was included. I know you have some feelings about it. I'm glad it was included because I appreciate Kyland speaking about his diagnosis. We've had him here on the podcast before talking about that. I also appreciate just the idea that whether you're diagnosed on the spectrum or not, you do not have to succumb to public pressure for anything. And he will at all, Yeah, like he will.
Speaker 2: You not have to.
Speaker 1: Just because they say do it does not mean you have to.
Speaker 2: And I applaud him for that because he could immediately folded to that peer pressure. He was like, I don't care what y'all talking about. I'm not gonna do it, you know. And then even even though Melissa kind of felt like it was at her expense, he later went to her and was like, No, this isn't even really about right what I'm saying, I have, whatever I have going on, this isn't about you, And I'm glad she was understanding. I'm glad she was understanding of it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm excited to see how that that plays out. And also, I mean, I'd rather a dude kiss me because he genuinely wants to, not because a bunch of friends are saying kiss kiss. Yeah. No, like that's not no, that's not the way. All right, let's talk about the way real quick. We're gonna do gold Star time out. Yes you go first, okay, nomine.
Speaker 2: So my gold star for this episode is Olivia, simply because baby, anybody who can let James stand on their head on.
Speaker 1: This right that shoulder the girl baby.
Speaker 2: Strength out of this world.
Speaker 1: So Baby, he's made out of something else.
Speaker 2: Listen, Yeah, Olivia, my goal star, go to you bu all day. My time out goes to the producers for telling TJ right before the elimination to ask Chauncey how he felt about his daughter. I didn't like that. I did not like that because he was on fire. His adrenaline was high. But then when you bring up our babies, it's like now you no and plus us in a state of vulnerability because now when somebody.
Speaker 1: Asked me about my child's aka my fifteen year old York he shout out to Brooks in my left.
Speaker 2: What would make me?
Speaker 1: It would me fire up? It is my child that changes diapers without dogs the kids for so how much money I've spent on this dog who lasted ten years. You'd understand, you would understand when they get old. It's not great. I have to say, first of all, shout out to TJ and his denim jacket. Yes, sir with the pop collar in the arena, Yes, sir, so fly love it now. I feel like it could have been a slightly to more tailored fit, but overall loving the color on you and the Chris White shirt underneath. Yes, TJ, here for it. Also, I'm side eyeing as a nominee for who's going to get the time out the whole group, because y'all only got six thousand dollars. And I'm sorry, it wasn't just two people's fault. Y'all all were terrible. All of y'all were terrible. You know what, I'm gonna just go ahead and give you the time out. All y'all were absolutely terrible as a team, terrible. But then my gold star goes So that was my time out. My gold star actually goes to Kylan's. I love how he really has been at the forefront of communicating being on the spectrum or just being neurodivergent anyway and what that means and normalizing it. And as someone who's neuro divergent myself in a different way I have add or ADHD, I just really appreciate that. And then also as someone who also values people who like to beat to their own drum yet don't let people pressure you into things like do you and do you? That's all that matters, and so I really appreciated watching him communicate. I also appreciated the representation seeing Kylin massage Melissa with his silk Von I don't know if you pot that, go back and let the tape in the night vision footage, but he's over here misogyn her, talking about who he's gonna, you know, strategize him with his silk bonnet, you know what to be represented like that, and how I look when I go to bed.
Speaker 2: Protect the girl just so much to me, protect the curls kind yes, yes, I'm living for it, so living for it.
Speaker 1: Something else I'm living for today is our special guest Navin whooa, yeah, I mean we are going to get into it. By the way, this is one of those times that I wish we had video because if you could see the faces that Davon made through out some of this interview, seriously hilarious, as funny as you think she is, just imagine that time said and her facial expressions hilarious. We get some tea, We get to find out the inner workings of Chauncey P. Jordan and his line and his strategies. Also a bomb drop. I don't want to release it, but listen to it around his family, his baby girl. Going on to this challenge. I'd argue it's probably challenge first or close to in this exact predicament in this exact to comment. So you're not gonna want to miss this. Grab your snacks, get comfy, put on some house slippers, I don't know, do some online shopping, whatever it is, but get comfy. Stay tuned because we have an amazing interview with the one and only Chauncey P. Jordan's right after this.
Speaker 2: Here we are again with a brand new episode, and this time we have the brand new father give it up for Chauncey Palm are coming to hang out with us. Welcome, yo, we are so happy to have you, and congratulations on beautiful, beautiful sunny Fox. She was with us on the interview. Guys, y'all missed it?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, thank you. I appreciate it so much. She's been just like an extra light to my life, so amazing.
Speaker 2: How is fatherhood as a mom? I always asked, how is fatherhood coming into being a new parent?
Speaker 3: It has, you know, but I love it. I love every every minute of it. I'm still, of course, getting used to it, but then this has been she was born five months ago, so it's been just amazing.
Speaker 1: She's so adorable, really so freaking Yeah.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. She's like the sweetest. She doesn't like cry too much.
Speaker 2: Oh, you guys are blessed.
Speaker 1: Have you seen any personality come out? You know, like, I know she's young, but have you seen like do you feel like she acts more like you right now or more like Amber?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't like she's a Gemini so she I see her two faces already. I heard Gemini is the very tooth faste. So I'm seeing her like happy one day or like one minute, and then she'll cry and then smile laugh at it right after. So I'm gonna worried about that. That's that's all I'm seeing right now so far.
Speaker 4: But she's she's going fast, like really tough.
Speaker 1: That's really cute.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's so awesome. I love hearing people talking about the kids, and we could talk about kids all day. But I want to get into this episode because hot, oh my gosh. So let's just dive into it because we want to speak for myself. I refer to you as Amber's main right, and so I know a lot of people also refer to you as Ambers man. So coming into this new season, I know you say you're fighting for your family, but on top of that were you fighting, also to be known as Chauncey the Competitor on his own.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't do too good.
Speaker 1: No, I really didn't.
Speaker 4: Really I didn't.
Speaker 3: But you know, you you take lots of the lessons, you know, so you know, I just learned from it and hopefully if I get another opportunity to do another run, just keep moving forward. Yeah, you know, so I really didn't like blow too much on it. I soon or already knew what.
Speaker 4: I did wrong.
Speaker 3: Like as soon as I got eliminated call, I was like, listen, I met Stile. I already knew it already. You know, I was thinking about it. But is what it is.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about your preparation going into the house, because in a way, you you sort of have big shoes to feel because you are partnered up with the champion right for life. Literally you're right or die. She's an excellent player at the game. Did she give you any advice? Let's start with this. Did she give you any advice beforehand? And if so, what were her words of wisdom before going into this challenge house advice?
Speaker 3: She just told me to be myself and just go in there and just compete because of her friendships and connections I thought going in. I had conversations with certain people that they were like, Oh, we're gonna have your bag and everything, and like who.
Speaker 1: We need some names, Chancey, Like who who did you talk to before the season?
Speaker 4: I talked. I talked to a few people.
Speaker 3: I talked to Raven, one of them before she's at the bag out of our baby shower, so she I knew she was gonna have my dad. Talked to my Mariah a little bit, Cory Ray, I talked to Heally. I talked to so I or like had conversations talked about me or whatever, saying that they had my back and everything.
Speaker 4: So just going into the game, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, Okay, I have these friends that will hopefully have my back through it all.
Speaker 4: And it just like stuck to be in a position where it's like he or me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where it's one of the people that had Who were you most excited to see going into the Challenge house, like knowing that you had sort of these connections through and burn your own relationships. Who were you just hyped to be on the Challenge.
Speaker 4: I was hard to be on the show with Kylon.
Speaker 3: Kylin and I were actually friends outside of the game before we even played the season together. So that's also like a connection that I had outside of the game. So it was just like, I'm excited to actually be in the house and play the game with him because he's smart, you know, like he's just an animal overall.
Speaker 4: So I was very excited to be there with him.
Speaker 3: And same thing I felt comfortable with, like going in the game with Corey because I knew or I thought like, oh, I have all.
Speaker 4: These friends, so I should be not you.
Speaker 3: Can't never be not safe, but like I or never be saved completely. But I was just like, I have these people in the house that I knew I could talk to if anything goes stop.
Speaker 2: You know what. Speaking of Kylin, I can you know we'll get there when we get there. But I just want to say it since you said his name, I feel like, in a way, his idea that he came back about the burn vautes almost saved you. Almost if it would have been played the correct way strategically, it could have saved you.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about that?
Speaker 3: True? I I just I like, I think Kyler's crazy because even then I was like, yo, this goes correctly. They might not even say me, someone else is gonna be and I could just end up saying someone else's name and just falling with them, and we could just stow somebody else.
Speaker 4: In there randomly.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it just Kylin till he tried great, and so I just like I appreciate it, you know, all their efforts because.
Speaker 4: Even though it didn't go their way.
Speaker 3: Even at they we didn't really see Ed fighting for me too, a software fighting for me. So it's like I just appreciate them all just like trying to do what they can and get me out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what what was the this conversation with Jay at the top of the episode. What was going I feel like Jay thinks he's masterminding this season so far, So what was that about?
Speaker 3: That conversation started because I when we went to the house, I didn't talk to Gary, didn't talk to Michelle, So I didn't like, we didn't know where each other taes were at. I didn't trust them because last season they were saying that I was making deals with Jordan and stuff. After that was already cleared up at our reunion by Jordan's saying that we didn't make the deal and everything. So it's like, I it was like after that, I don't really trust him in the game. You know, he called us had wait the last season, So I'm like, why would I trust going it at all? And so we kind of were just having this conversation just basically talking about just trying to clear stuff up and possibly working together and keeping the US Alliance together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen you say that you something was off about Jay. Yeah, and yet you still decided to work with him. Was it like I'm doing what I have to do to stay in the house or were you like, you know, I'm gonna give him some grace this season.
Speaker 3: No, I was you know, I'm always like gonna make sure keeping h arm the link. But yeah, just because that wasn't the only conversation at one point, every single person from the US team, even when he came up to talk to me to make sure we're all sitting together, every single.
Speaker 1: And when did that come up, by the way, like when did the sort of US who who was the spear header, like the mastermind behind that.
Speaker 4: I don't I honestly don't know.
Speaker 3: I think they already planned it before we even we're on our flight to go into Croatia.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the other US players. You're saying, are you okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Because when I was going on the flight, my thing, the people I had originally was Berna, Hwey, Cordy.
Speaker 4: Lay At, Mariah and Raven, so that's all mixed around.
Speaker 3: But then as soon as I see everyone have a fall at the airport and everything, we say our hotel whatever. Next thing, you know, get in the house and it's like everything switched. I don't know when who started it. I wasn't really informed. I guess currently seems like Jay started. But for the most part, I think it really like started happening when I built a friendship with Jessica and people were like, oh, and Chauncey tried with Jessica and might be friends with the UK signed, so we got to split it out blah blah blah, and basically, you know, make sure he's good with us so that way they don't have numbers.
Speaker 1: Wow. So there's a lot of scheming going on in the house, but we also know there's a lot of coupling up going on in the house. Uh, Chauncey, because you were there, can you give us some tea about some other couples. We see a little bit of the Kylin and Melissa thing developing here. Last week we saw a little bit of Michelle and her thing. Poor Michelle because she didn't know and he had a girl. It's a whole thing. But who else should we keep our eyes out for?
Speaker 3: What other couples at that moment. I honestly, those were the only couples that I seen in the house. I won't lie what I you know, that's that's really I only seen just in the house.
Speaker 4: I've heard.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I believe Yeah, I don't know if I believe you.
Speaker 2: He's keeping his mouth shut for next season.
Speaker 3: I probably, like, I've heard that there were other couples, but that was like after I was out the house.
Speaker 1: Did you give them any advice because you've been coupled up in the Challenge house? No, granted you, and you're like, no, you guys should see his face right now, it's hilarious.
Speaker 3: No, No, I was not going to give them. I didn't give nobody any advice, just for the fact that like and relationship didn't start in the Challenge right, right, So it was a different dynamic going into the house where we were already built our foundation and our trust and everything going into where like we were even saying like I'm thirty eight. Shoot, if you have to send me home to get further in the game, do something right if you do that with the challenge couple, I feel like, or with the relationship starting.
Speaker 1: In the child, I still likes Tori and Tory definitely didn't help keep his behind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know Sebastian was just.
Speaker 1: He really was. I mean he was two heads over hill for.
Speaker 3: Sure, all the way over. He was like fully in love like from day one. I mean, I know it's the first sight. However exactly, I feel like there's a lot of egos, So I feel.
Speaker 1: Like interesting.
Speaker 4: Happens.
Speaker 1: Is that why you guys couldn't come up with the cohesive strategy? Because this is now the second week that we're seeing you guys struggle, So walk me through and like, knowing what happened in week one, did you and did you guys intend to do better regarding coming up with the plan and strategizing and not having too many people bossing people around? Like what especially because you guys wrote hard on the girls last week? So what what was the thought process going into this week's daily challenge?
Speaker 4: Yeah? After week one, I remember us all talking.
Speaker 3: We were like, we need to have at least three people talk and that's it, or at least if everybody wants to talk. Everybody saved their point, but not yelling over it, and of course that did not happen. I personally was like, I'm just gonna sit back. I'm not going to say anything. And because I don't want that target to be put on me by give it. You're like, hey, guys, we're gonna do it this way, and everything fails. It was crazy because I remember, like.
Speaker 4: Like everybody.
Speaker 3: Eventually, after having that big conversation, everybody explained the groups and I was told I remember going to each group to figure out what my task was and I was not told my past until the very minute before we're jumping in the water. Like Johnson, you're going to be at the top.
Speaker 1: Is the timer going? This is happening? Chohncy, Like while you're strategizing, is TJ already counting down the time? Or does that not start until you are going into the water.
Speaker 3: He gave us some time to strategize before, and I forget how much time specifically, but he did give us some time to strategize before, so there was so many different like no matter which group you went to talk to people, there was a different tasks like oh, you might be doing this, and I think Jay said you're going to do this, but Karen said you might be doing this, and so you know, my Jay side is fine.
Speaker 4: Which was cool.
Speaker 3: They give me what I have to do and I'm like, I'm just gonna try my best. They get their job complete. Personally, that's not where I would have put myself on the chain or whatever. But I wasn't going to argue with knowing the fact that we didn't have too much time before starting challenge. And on top of that, I'm not trying to hear everybody on at me because I don't want to do something and now I look like a nineteen player.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you both the question, do you think it's whise in a situation like that to say, Hey, I know my strengths and I know my weaknesses, and what you have me doing is not one of my strengths, so put me somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Yes, And it is why. And the thing is Hughie was and this is why it was quiet. Hughie was telling people, I am a good swimmer, I'm a good swimmer. I'm a great swimmer. I remember End telling me before like Hughie could swim and everything, and nobody was listening to They're like, or not, how.
Speaker 4: Do you swim?
Speaker 3: You know, They're like, we're gonna have you on the have you on their chain or whatever. So I'm like, and they're not listening to him telling that, Why am I gonna tell them what I'm good?
Speaker 1: Because you're big muscles?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I I think that even if they don't listen to you, I feel like that could have been leveraged. Though we'll get into the speech you did gave gave chancey, but I feel like that could have been leveraged as your rebuttal as to why it shouldn't be you, because at that point, then if they're not listening to you, and this is just for future hypothetically, if they're not listening to you, and you said, hey, I know my strengths and I know my weekend, you know, like, well, so it's sort of two things too. To your point, Davion, one, would I speak up, Yes, if I found if I could identify quickly another strength that would benefit that particular game, right, So if if I didn't see one the nomledge just shut up because I'm a suck at all of it anyway, and I'm gonna just do my best with what Davis sign But if there was one where it was like, you know, then there's the eating part or whatever cool I can do that, I think actually we did on free agents. That's exactly what happened in the first the first daily we had to do where we had to like run up forty flights of steps and then jump off inside the building. Now, granted I didn't catch the flag, but I knew I couldn't run up forty bys of steps, so we sort of said, this is my strength, this is my strength, is my strength. So I would have spoken up because then Chauncey, you could have flipped it back on them when you didn't do well and said, hey, look, as a team player, I communicated. I tried to set the team up for a win. You guys didn't listen. So now we need to look at who the leaders were and who overruled the information. I gave them right.
Speaker 3: And right, and now you know you're right. I overall, even like sometimes in de conversations for Amber, I struggled with like communication because I'm a quiet verson, I don't really speak a lot, kind of just do my thing, and you know, I just kind of let life go the way so I was supposed to go. But as far as that, like, I feel like in that moment, I didn't really know how to be. Like, guys, is what I'm good at or what I want to do when everybody's yelling, you know, like everybody's out. You go in a different groups and people are telling you this is what you want you and everything in my head, I'm just like, all right, it is what it is. I mean, just you know, try to do what I can't. But you know, I guess in those moments, I just gotta you know, like you know, I got to speak up more.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like a scenario like this, I always ask the takeaway or been asking sort of the takeaway from each season from our guests and sort of what, yeah, what your most valuable takeaway is from the game this time around? Do you feel watching this play out and sort of what you just said is your takeaway that like you're going to your personal challenge is to start pushing yourself in any situation, to advocate for yourself a little bit more and speak up a little bit more instead of.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I definitely like in certain situations, I'm definitely want to sleep my mind. But I guess I think my big thing from this whole season was just like working on my communication and getting to the point with saying what I have today. And I just I feel like when I'm trying to talk, words are just going around my head like crazy, so it's like it's kind of like I'm just putting words together. But I think really just paying attention to what I'm saying and what I'm trying to say and get to the point is my big takeaway from the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you feel like on righted eyes Amber was more of the mouthpiece for your team?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely can see that there was like certain conversations that was having when Amber was not around as far as like gameplay. However, like, for example, I'll bring it up like when Nelson was like trying to pushure me into saying access and that I didn't say packing is in the bar. Amber is going off and I personally like, you know, I don't say is what it is? Like, I don't know why you're mad or this or whatever, And I understand they here kind of switch his game around or whatever. But I know I didn't say these words, and then we're just flipped flipped off and was like, I'm like, okay, I guess you know.
Speaker 1: It's like that meme. I don't know if you guys have seen the meme or the tweets or something about like yeah, my boyfriend or my husband whatever is quiet. So but but he dates me because but he dates me because if they get the order wrong, someone's got to be the one to like, you know, sort of clap back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, that's our dynamics.
Speaker 2: Oh I love this.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have to take a quick break, but we'll be right back after this.
Speaker 2: Do you think it was harder to play this time around without her? I do this on your own.
Speaker 3: It was hard for a number of reasons. Is going in there by myself two days actually my daughter is born, not knowing about where you want to go.
Speaker 1: To day. Wait you went to film two day Well, wait a minute, roll it back, Chauncey. That was the lead statement, sir, wait two days after the baby was born and you left. That was THEO. We need a whole another episode. Just wait. Okay, what were the conversations with Amber like through this. No, I'm kidding, but what okay, what are the conversations when you got the call and you telling Amber because she's pregnant. I'm assuming when you got the call and how who who initially? Like was your initial reaction yes, I'm definitely gonna go or was it Amber's idea? Or were you both hesidentt what walk us through that?
Speaker 4: One thing?
Speaker 3: Amber told me if I ever get certain opportunities like this, to not say no. So as soon as they called me, I remember, I actually remember the day they called me factored and they literally called me and was like, do you want to do another season? In my head, I'm like, oh no, I would love to, but my god born around this date. So I'm like, I don't know if I could go. And I told and Amber was like to say, yes, I just told him. Yet and as the days get closer, we're literally in the hospital where Nick you and they have us there for two there for like three days in the hospital, and could you not I packed my bags before we going to the hospital, just in case she was born before.
Speaker 1: Not y'all both having a packed bag, but for different reasons.
Speaker 3: Wow, reason I had my suitcase at home already ready just in case my daughter was born.
Speaker 4: And I just remember like them telling us.
Speaker 3: We have to say in the hospital, say in the hospital, And I was getting worried.
Speaker 1: Because on bed rest, like was she not? Sonny was okay?
Speaker 3: Amber was on ben rest. Sonny ended up being born on the twenty ninth. We ended up leaving on the first.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think there's what's thirty days, thirty.
Speaker 1: Days, something like the thirty Days Passive ten break book, June November.
Speaker 3: So it was in the hospital and once she was born, they told us we had to wait due to their own like white blood cells or something that they had to double chet. So I'm worried about that. I'm not caring about leaving for the show because my daughter is my number one priority.
Speaker 1: Yeah and yeah.
Speaker 4: From this point.
Speaker 3: On, I just remember, like I'm saying, we were good to go the night before I had to leave.
Speaker 1: Wow, So Sonny got out of the nick you the night before you were to fly. At any point did you question your like seeing her and just holding her but then also seeing the complications when she was first born. At any point did you second guess your decision or call up the producers and say, hey, wait a minute. I don't know if I can do this.
Speaker 4: I dolly.
Speaker 3: Way I was not going is if we were still hospital, if we were still in the hospital the next day, I'm not leaving.
Speaker 4: That's just number one.
Speaker 3: However, when we did leave and like we're leaving, Ander's like, are you ready? Like you gotta be?
Speaker 1: Yeah, period.
Speaker 3: So I at least got to, you know, be in my house with my family for one night, half the night or whatever before leaving the next morning. So that whole thing was like tolling, like just a big toll on my mental Yeah. Absolutely, I'm leaving, you know, going in again by myself. First season, my daughters is born. I have friends, but I'm not friends with a lot of people in the house.
Speaker 4: I know that already.
Speaker 3: So it's like I'm going into this game and I'm like, it's just like a lot of my mind.
Speaker 1: Did they let you call Amber? I know, usually you can only make so many calls or facetimes, but given the circumstances, were they more flexible in allowing you to contact Amber and the baby?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They allowed me to contact Hamber and Funny just because they had another appointment while I was gone. I wanted to make sure that's the first point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So they allowed me to stay in the of course, not nothing crazy, but they allowed me to stay in contact to make sure that they were Okay.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, three days is it?
Speaker 3: Ok?
Speaker 2: My first season a big brother. My daughter was six or seven months wow, and so and that was I can't even explain how I felt leaving her that young. So three days my mind is just like I can't even imagine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like it didn't really hit me, like yeah, like I was there and I was able to hold my daughter in the hospital and everything, but it really hit me out like I was a father, that I was.
Speaker 4: A father time came home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because those three days, your main thing is like making sure that we have skinnerstain contact and all that stuff. And I'm just trying to do what I can. So my body's going crazy because I'm like, what if I don't have skin skin contact enough amount of time when I get back home?
Speaker 1: Who is you and where have you been? And where have you been?
Speaker 2: You've been talking to that belly the whole time she was pregnant that maybe know your boy, and.
Speaker 1: I mean really for you all's first child and for her believing in you so much, like, can I just say, whatever happens to Yale's relationship, this is the matchmaker in me. It'll go back in a second, guys, but here's the thing that right there, that level of support. I was watching the show yesterday and the guy was saying to his girlfriend, Oh, I'm going to try and humble you or something, I just want to smack him off my TV screen. And with the idea being that you should lift one another up to be the best versions and sometimes it's going to be hard, but a level of this where Amber said I want you to go pursue your dream when she had every right every right to say no, baby, I need you, like she would have been well within her right. And I'm not saying I know it wasn't easy, and I'm not even saying everyone should do it, but just the way you all ride for each other like that and support one another, I'm so glad you guys are public in a way that people can see this does indeed exist. You do not have to settle for less, do not be with anyone who wants to dim and shine, and together you can accomplish so much more. When you say, look, relationships aren't fifty to fifty. Sometimes it's sixty, sometimes it's forty, sometimes it's eighty, sometimes it's twenty, and it alternates. And in that moment, Amber said, I got this. You go do that. Now you couldn't clip in, but that's a different thing. We're gonna get back to that in a minute. But she said, you got that, And I just love that team dynamic for you guys so so so much. And baby Sonny Fox is really fortunate to have parents who really ride for one another, because she's gonna get to see what that looks like. Of course, let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you went collected that check even though it wasn't the big check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got an appearance feech you got an appearance speech and they are expensive, so I'm glad wining.
Speaker 2: Period. Okay, then let's get back to the clip because you didn't clip and I don't want to know what.
Speaker 3: Happened, Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: What happened, So honestly, I might just be completely honest.
Speaker 3: As soon as I got up there on this the human ladder or whatever I'm standing on Huie, I'm like on her test on her boops, and I feel bad, like I'm up there and I'm like feeling bad. Everyone's young, like are you clipped? And I'm like trying to get on her shoulders, but she's leaning back. I'm too heavy, so like I felt, I mean, I wasn't like I just feel like our weight is like I don't know, like the way off, like it's way off compared to actually I'm not going to get that. So anyways, I feel like our weight ratio was like just really awesome. When I'm standing on her chats, it was hard for me to like pull myself up to where she could kind of straighten up on her shoulder and where we're clipping willing, I'm like the caribing is like in the center of our like like close our stomach. So I'm trying to do what I can to reach it, and I just couldn't reach it. So at that point, I was like I got to drop. I see Mariah coming up, and the last thing I want to do is be up here and get on my shoulders. Yeah, and I'm holding myself up and then we go fall on someone get hurt and injured, and so I was just like, dang, I just got to fall, and I just got to drop and hopefully just pick up another task while I'm down here, and if everyone clips up, I'll climb up there, take my ball up, and handle my business.
Speaker 4: It didn't slow down too much.
Speaker 3: Of what we were doing because the other side was struggling completely. So it was like, hey, I didn't clip, but I still was able to at least get down, you know, in the water and like collect all the balls to make sure everybody had their balls for the people that were swimming over.
Speaker 4: But we could still make more money.
Speaker 2: When you dropped, did it click in that moment, like ah, here we go, Like I know these people are going to say my name if this doesn't go according to plan.
Speaker 3: When I dropped, no, because I was like, the other side is terrible, and from my point of view, I'm looking over and then seeing everybody unclipped, I'm like, this isn't too bad.
Speaker 4: Of course, I hear people.
Speaker 3: Saying how did you not clip? Blah blah blah, but that I was ignoring that. I was really just like in the water and I'm like, here, I'm gonna help you guys out make sure all the balls don't go with the waves, and I'll just find another task again, you know, So in that moment, I wasn't thinking like, day, I didn't clip, it's bad. I just feel like, yeah, I didn't clip, but you just gotta keep going. And I just try to keep going because again not done. It's how old until the time. So even though I stuck, I still was like, I'm gonna still figure something out to do something else, and I just sit here and dwell and be mad and be upset because I didn't do one thing.
Speaker 1: Who do you think they should have voted for? Like who should have gone in based on their performance or any other reason that you may have.
Speaker 3: I I love Karen, but I would say I would have to say vote for Caring because he took charge in the first one, he didn't get done, and he tried to take charge again on our second. You know, Dad didn't get it get it done again. So you, yeah, you're looking at them. They were looking at the weakest length. But you also have to look at the people that are trying to take charge and had Honcho and all this stuff. And if we're listening to what they're saying but stuff's not happening, why aren't they looked at, as you know, someone to be voted in because technically it would be their fault that we didn't really done.
Speaker 1: See now, Chauncey, and I haven't called you this at all today, which is disappointing at myself. Chancey P. Jordan. Now, Chancey, what you just described right now is very logical and rational and pragmatic in terms of strategy and why it's gonna be voted in. What the hell were you doing when you tried to call out Habrazzio talking about did I ever disappoint you? And then you just go down a lot of people who don't please walk us through, sir, exactly what where?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: It just got worse and worse walk us through? So that I was like free, be quiet.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, even in my head, I was like be quiet. But I was like I'm already in this. I might as well just.
Speaker 1: Keep going to yourself, okay, keep going okay, So but no, but like.
Speaker 3: In that moment, I I was very overwhelmed because I haven't really been in that in that like situation where in just some life in general, like I've never been like an interrogagent like that. So I felt like I was very overwhelmed, and I just kind of started blabbing stuff of course, But in that moment, it was like, I asked Hiassio, and I had a feeling that he was going to say that, But in that moment, in the moment, I really didn't think it was that bad because I was like, if you remember back to thirty eight, I literally said it because it was a burned vote. So I literally burned with him went that way, being the only brooking guy on my team in that moment. If I said someone else's name, then they would have came for me.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, wait, wait, but is this when did Phirossio get voted in? When you said his name that same time? Was already right, already okay? So then, sir, that is not a burn vote, the burn voat.
Speaker 4: I thought it was.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me just let me just real quick, sir. A burn boat means that the person you were voting for you are one hundred percent sure will not go in, or at least ninety Well you can be ninety percent the numbers are add If the numbers aren't adding up, then you know, okay. Cool. So the fact that everybody else was voting for Rossio burn boat would have been voting for Davon or like doubling down.
Speaker 2: I didn't think that's that bad that burn vote.
Speaker 3: Sir, because I was I was the last person on my team, like to like to say Passio, the last person to say his name. But you know, going in, I thought we were going for if we go back to the thought way, want to vote Jordan. And then in that moment everything switched around and I was like, I'm not going to stick with Jordan's and say that there just because I don't want.
Speaker 1: To say your name or TJ's name or so that would have been a burden vote. But you voting for the dude that everybody's voting reference, not a let me go.
Speaker 2: And lie ye you gave approval.
Speaker 1: And then and then had the audacity, even trying to save yourself to be like, oh, I didn't think it was that bad. You mean when you piled on him, you didn't think it was that bad. What John.
Speaker 3: Five times a season, me saying his name.
Speaker 2: But you know what, as as insane as it was, I think had you won and come back into the house, that would have been great information for you to have.
Speaker 1: Now you know it.
Speaker 2: Still has a grudge again, right, sure that's a problem with you. That would have been phenomenal information for you to have, So I mean, yes.
Speaker 1: And no, yet.
Speaker 3: I asked, I asked everybody in thirty eight. So I went from Hirasio then went to Raven. Raven said no, I never did it rise and I never did. Colleen said, though, I never did them dirty. And then of course Olivia is gonna stick with Hurrah the res and I I didn't even ask her. We both laughed about it real I was like, I'm not gonna ask you. We were going ahead ahead and I was like, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 4: Quite ask you. So I was surprised.
Speaker 3: So when Michelle and Jay still surprised that they said I did them dirty, because I don't see any moment where I've done them dirty at all.
Speaker 2: That situation was weird to me. It gave very much you had an alliance with them and they didn't have one with you, but they wanted you to think that you had one within That's what I I mean.
Speaker 1: I feel like tracks for their games play in general from what we've seen in the.
Speaker 2: Past, I feel like, I mean, I do I think for show they got each other right.
Speaker 1: I feel like, but do you so you said you have anything against them? Uh? Did you have something against James or do you think James will have something against you? Now, since you called, where did that come from?
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: So in my head, Oh, actually, let me go track.
Speaker 3: So after the whole infariation, you go in the house, everybody who's like talking or whatever, of course, and I told he we shaped his face. I'm like, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Going to call you.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm not going to because I told you from day one that I had your back. So I was like, even though we're going up against each other, I won't tell me to say you because they know I will beat you.
Speaker 4: I know I could eat you.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to do that because I was like, we're friends at the end of the day, and I was like, I know you're a strong competitor. I don't knock that. I just have paid to my abilities, my game that I could pull this out and when.
Speaker 4: But ultimately, like when I got down into the arena, I was like.
Speaker 3: I heard, I know Karen's to the Karen was in the military, So I'm not gonna call him out because I know he's good with stand up. I didn't hear too much about his puzzles, but I know that I know for the most part that he's not get a map alum. I was like, I would call Callum down, but knowing who's a boxer, he was sanna also know that he's the reason why he didn't win his final was not because of the puble. I mean, it was because of the puzzle. So I'm like, huh, I might call Calum down, even though he said my name too. And then I was like, at the same time, everybody seemed like they're scared of Games. I was like, for some reason, seems like they're scared of him because he's six five. I was like, I'm gonna call the games now because I feel like I could beat him. And if I come out from beating him, now what you know, who's like at this point, you can't call me the weakest link.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And.
Speaker 3: So when I called him down, we he was like, you know, it is what it is. He's like, you're committed. I'm a competitor.
Speaker 1: You had that boy and you did the light thing and you shoved your light in there, and he was like, man, I was like, yes, Chauncey all right, pushed him.
Speaker 2: Like you could have beat him. The whole time I'm yelling at the screen. I'm glad we were all mute. I'm yelling at the screen. I'm like connect for like, oh my gosh, it was the strategy clicked for you. It was too late, but when it clicked, we saw that. You could see that, like, your strategy was phenomenal after that. And I was like, if you would have got that, even in a round two, you're gonna took him out one point one point.
Speaker 3: Exactly, And I knew, Like, and the crazy thing is, I was like, if I got one point and just tide it, if we went to another round, I was gonna win. I knew that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you knew it took him out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I remember Kylan looked at Kyland colon con it before and he told you no. I was like, I was like, he said nothing, He was like no, And I was like, dang, you know knew that I lost? Yeah, right, ky.
Speaker 1: Numbers coming up? What were before we let you go? What was it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's bittersweet leaving the game so early, but what were the emotion to being a new parent and knowing that you're out of the Challenge house but you're about to go home to your daughter, you know, to your first born. What was that feeling, Like.
Speaker 3: I, as soon as I was eliminated in my mind obviously went to my family. So I was just happy to see excited.
Speaker 4: To get home and see my family.
Speaker 3: But it was like I don't really like, yeah, it's bittersweet, like dang, I lost, but I understand at the same time that you're gonna have to take else and one day my win might be there because I'm taking all these lessons building up my game. So I understand that it's a process.
Speaker 4: It still very new to it.
Speaker 3: Am. We're still teaching me. She's stilling herself. Yeah, So there's like there's so many different ways I could have thought about, like this leaving, but I didn't really think like too much on the laws. Like I was like, it is what it is. I went out there, I competed, I called somebody that is a freaking animal down and it just didn't go my way. So the things I was done, I was like, I'm going to go home to my family and it's hopefully message be prepared for the future.
Speaker 1: When you walked away and you knew where you were going to go, see beautiful Amber and baby Sonny in the back of your mind, who were you low key rooting for especially since so many in the house turned on you, Like at that point, what guy and what girl are you now? Without giving any spoilers off anything you may know, but just are you now going? Okay? I ride with this person. I hope they make it to the end.
Speaker 3: There's a few people I was riding with, but I would say the number one person I was like, I want to win for sure is At I was like, and he had my dad always we have like a good friendship at house. I was like, I want to edit it. So I wanted to win this. As far as women, I there wasn't really like one where I was like.
Speaker 4: I want them to win.
Speaker 3: But I was also I was thinking that, I mean, I think that Zara.
Speaker 1: Well not after Raven gave her whole life in her social game to stay here behind.
Speaker 2: That up because Raven blew up his spot.
Speaker 3: She but like Raven at the end of the day, like Raven, she did have my bag. And yeah, but I was with the girls. I was thinking, like, I I understand that there's one winner. That's it. And I'm like, I try to like put everybody drains and weaknesses, and those are the few that I.
Speaker 1: Think that would win the loyalty ain't loyal, that is all? You know what, Raven that Raven, don't you ever go out on a limb for this man again? You mean, don't you.
Speaker 3: Yet, El do that?
Speaker 4: Don't do that?
Speaker 2: Because she blew up spot I'm standing in the game together.
Speaker 4: So that's just really what it is like at.
Speaker 5: The Just don't tell her nothing now, But she was really trying to the best of your She did try, and then she got with her man and was cuddling and Pillow talking and blew up.
Speaker 1: It's not I don't know. I think she was trying to help make her better. But because then they got burn votes because they thought it did help. Because they got burn votes because then they were like, well, I don't want to be the one voted in, so like it made it a little bit more competitive. I think she's trying to help.
Speaker 2: No, a friend was Pillow talking as.
Speaker 3: I mean, hey, you know, to keep me in the game. He made Yeah, you know, I appreciate her, but I just again, you know, the winner if you.
Speaker 1: Have to see that he's making right now, this is proof Okay, his relationship. You don't want to talk about how loyal and they lift one another. Good. At least he's that way in relationship. She springships though, Hello questionable. Don't if you play the game which the future, just know you heard it here on the Official Challenge podcast. Don't be too loyal to this man. This is why they tried to vote him out now, Chauncey, we appreciate you for the other people who appreciates you and want to follow you on socials? Where can they find you?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man, that's terrible?
Speaker 4: I official on YouTube, on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Chauncey. Please send all of our love to baby Sonny Fox. We can't wait to interview her one day. I'll probably have dangerous by then, but still excited for it. And uh Amber as well. We love all of you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you. Thanks for having me and I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We will. Yeah, work on your speeches. Work on your speech work please, Okay okay, yeah, prac someth in the mirror, like before you go next time, or Lee, Slip them some money so that they give the answer that you need. When you do this big public display, you know you're on the same page because you can't be.
Speaker 4: Like that again.
Speaker 3: Man, I should you should have that's it.
Speaker 2: You should ask Kylin and Raven that's it.
Speaker 1: Thanks johncey Oh, that was such a good interview with Chauncey Pete Jordan. Oh, that was so fun and I'm glad he got to go home and see his sweet sweet baby Davon. What's that People want to go home with you? I'm kidding, not if they want to go, but if they want to keep if they want to keep up with you and what what you've got going on and be a little bit in the Davon No. Where can they find you on social stay Adam my house.
Speaker 2: But you can find me on all the socials and medias. You can find me on Instagram at Davon Diane, Underscore, TikTok Day Diane, Instagram day so said that already Twitter, the Twitter, the Twitterville USA. You can find me there at Day Davon Underscore. And contrary to what Devin wants, because I was about to also, I was about on YouTube at Davon Diane because I reside there as well. Where can people find you, Devin? Where you at?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just say this to our lower the followers, by the way, our our challenge podcast spam I'm gonna need you to come report back to me about Davon's YouTube channel. Please like, help me, help her and hold her accountable. Thank you, guys, love you so much. You can find me. You can go to my website devinsimone dot com. It's Devin with the y smee with an ie dot com. Scroll to the bottom you'll see all my socials. If you're single, you want to be matched, I talked to some challenge fans last week. You can click the matchmaking tab and you can also I'm most active on Instagram, trying to be better about it. It's a real struggle.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then oh Amazon, Yeah, we do some fun lives, so check that out. You can just google devinsone and Amazon. It'll come up. Just click the follow button there and then after they follow us day, what should they do? You know what?
Speaker 2: Before then, I'm gonna go right on over there and click that match Meka tab because I've been trying to get matched maked for a couple of months now.
Speaker 1: I just want to pay. They have never hurted the tab and have never clicked the instructions. The simple instruan. You can also click it from my bio on my Instagram. I think it can even click it from my bio on my Twitter account, but yes, please do well, we.
Speaker 2: Want to thank you all for joining us for another episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast. Now remember if you liked this episode, rate and review us on Spotify or Apple Podcasts. And tell a friend, y'all, Tell.
Speaker 1: A friend and a friend of a friend and a friend of a friend's friend's friend, And then catch new episodes of the Challenge Battle for a New Champion on MTV.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we'll see you back right here right after for a brand new episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast.
Speaker 1: Hi Baby Sonny Fox