Speaker 1: Hey, ba fan, Welcome to the ba Qa where you have questions and we have answers. But like with a lowercase A, don't come sue us. This is like edutainment, infotainment, whatever you want to call it. It's not real one on one advice. Let's just get that disclaimer out of the way, so get your salt shakers out. I am joined by Yaelli sbnl aka, Miss be Helpful, and the wonderful Chris Browning of Popcorn Finance. Welcome y'all. You excited to get some questions? Yes, let's do it, y'all. If you want your question to answered on the show, what can you do? You can go to Brandhambision podcast dot com to submit your question. You can email me Brandnambision Podcasts at gmail dot com. Yes I do check the emails there and you can dm us on ig. We are at Brannambision Podcast. So any questions you have money career, we love those the most, but also, like you know, relationship, family stuff. Life is lifing right now. So really, whatever the case may be, we are here for you. All right, we got a couple of questions.
Speaker 2: Start.
Speaker 1: Let's start with Sasha. Sasha says I'm DFW. That's Dallas Fort Worth. That's right? Is that what that is? Okay, yay, all right, Sasha says. I have lived in the DFW area for the last four years. When I moved here from my job, I worked remotely and I only went into the office for big events a few times a year. Now fast forward to twenty twenty five, and we're back in the office four times a week like many other companies. I initially lived in Dallas, where the HQ was only fifteen minutes away, but since then I've moved to Fort Worth, which is an hour to an hour and a half hour commute. Hour and a half commute some days. I asked my boss if there's flexibility in the work from home policy. She said no. I asked about promotion opportunities. She said they would be lit id given the state of the company, and don't expect much movement for two to three years.
Speaker 3: My goodness.
Speaker 1: I love my team, the culture, they have great benefits, and it's truly my dream company. Do I jump ship and start looking for a new job. I've heard the market is tough right now, so that worries me, and I'm nervous. The grass won't be greener on the other side. That's fair, that's very fair. It's nice to know that some companies do you understand it's not just compensation that keeps people there. It's like for not all jerks, and we offer you know, work life balance a little bit is nice. But what do y'all think. Have y'all been in that situation before?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I'm just interested in how she said that it's her dream company. But I feel like your dream company would have some leeway, maybe two to three days in office in two days at home, or some more remotely options, maybe a couple of days a month, right Like describing it as you dream company when it's lacking one major thing that's not working for you right now, I would say that's a big deal because an hour and a half commute, that's three hours going and coming back. It's a long time, three hours out of your day. No how much shit I can get done in three hours? Oh my lord. Yeah, So it's interesting. I would push back on the idea that it's your dream company because I feel like there's so many companies out there nowadays that have embraced work from home, even if it's just partial you know, work from home days during the week. It doesn't have to be work from home five days a week, but if it's some days working from home, even that is a little bit of an alleviation of not being on the road for three hours of your day. So I would just push back on that, thinking a little bit of like, no, but it's my dream job. No, well obviously not, because there's a major part that it's lacking, but it's yeah, it's tough. I haven't been in that situation because I'm very fortunate to have been pretty much in a remote position with limited travel since twenty eighteen. So even before COVID, I was in a remote position with limited travel. So I feel like it's tough. I definitely would have a huge lifestyle shift if I had to go in person now, especially if it was an hour and a half away, because I don't even drive, so I would be like, I got no choice, but just right wait on the bus y'all gonna give me a huper budget or what?
Speaker 1: Oh that would be wild.
Speaker 3: But it's just such an inconvenient, massive inconvenience to travel.
Speaker 1: Think it also shows like even if you do start working at a place that has a certain policy, they can change their policy, like, uh, even if and the grass isn't always greener, and maybe it is green to start with, but then it starts growing weeds and going brown, do you know what I mean? And take that analogy as far as I can, and I just feel like, if you're choosing companies, bab, you really can just make information based on what you know now or sorry, make decisions based on the information that you have now. And the information you have now is that you're getting some things that are important. But you have to align your values what is most important to you. Not to say that great colleagues, dream company. And I think when they say dream company, they mean that I didn't put that. I didn't read this part. But she says, or yeah, she says, hashtag free flights, great benefits. It must be like an airline that gives her free travel benefits, which are you know not it's a great perk and you have yeah and the but with all the perks, I think people do need to be realistic about what you're giving up in exchange for what you're getting, And you have to decide if what you're giving up and what you're getting is like in balance or hopefully you get more than you're giving and really what like that's really up to you, Like does the hour and a half commute? Do you love listening to audiobooks and driving a lot? Do you love gas bills or electricity bills? If you have a hybrid or whatever? Like do you do you mind? Maybe it fits your lifestyle now, but if you have a family or if you have people who rely on you long term, like that may change the calculation. There's certainly things that I tolerate I used to tolerate that I couldn't tolerate now with my lifestyle and what I need that are different. And it could be that it was your dream company for a time, but now your values have shifted, and yeah, I can't promise that you're going to love your new colleagues and that. But I think when you go into it with understanding your values and like what the reason you're doing things and making sure that your values are in alignment with those actions that you're taking, like you'll be able to have peace knowing like this is why, especially because a lot.
Speaker 3: Of airlines do have remote positions. Now I know a lot of the customer service roles are remote. Yeah, I have a friend whose mom works for American Airlines and she just works from home. She just takes calls all day and helps customer service support and stuff, so obviously on the chat, but also on the phone. So I think if there's like, if the reservation is that, oh no, I'm going to lose my free flights, like okay, well, let's figure out a role that is remote at least part time or full time remote or like part of the week remote, even if it's not full time remote, that we'll still give you that perk, and it's in that same industry, but maybe at a different company, Because yeah, I mean, I think that is a huge perk, and that is definitely a big, a big factor in the decision because that's major for your family, for yourself.
Speaker 1: I'm sure so.
Speaker 3: But you know, it's not the end of the day. If you were to take a position that's fully remote at a different at a competing company, and like, okay, now I'm ten fifteen minutes away or twenty minutes away, which is a major lifestyle change rather than driving an hour and a half every day, or you could.
Speaker 1: Move back to wherever headquarters was. Go ahead, Chris, is that what you're gonna say, that's exactly what I was because I was like, because for me, I've worked enough bad jobs.
Speaker 2: It was funny on the last episode I talked about this job, I hated it, and all my old co workers like, were you talking about this job?
Speaker 1: Job knew it?
Speaker 2: They're like, I knew what you're talking about. But after I'd be willing to move for a good job. And so for me, I don't take that for granted. If this is a job you love, you like the benefits, like if people you work with you like that what you're doing, and they we didn't get the reason why they moved away from the area. But if it's something that's it was just by choice and you could move back, I wouldn't move back for a good job because it is tough out there. You know, it is a little bit of a risk. I mean, it's worth taking risk if it is for the right job. But if every if this is everything you want, I'd be willing to move back for that job, just because it's hard to find a good place. Sometimes it takes some time to find the right fit, and to me, it's it's worth it, even if it's maybe not like my ideal city. Maybe the other city I like better. But if I have a community there, friends, family that still exists in that place and I can be happy there, I wouldn't. I would move back there for a good job.
Speaker 3: That's a good point, especially the mention of like the two to three years till there's a promotion, so it's like a long time. So if it sounds like I mean by including that, I'm assuming that she's deciding she wants to wait for that promotion. And if she wants to wait for that promotion, then there's sort of this inherent commitment to be there.
Speaker 1: For two to three years.
Speaker 3: Longer two to three years of a ninety minion commute is now we're talking about something real specific that is much longer term. So I would say three years of driving ninety minutes a day to and from work, so three hours a day is rough. If you know you're committed to that, you know, advancement in your career within this specific company, then it probably makes sense to do what Chris is talking about, because then you know you're committing to the three years, you're trying to put your name in the hat for this promotion you're trying. That's like the route that you're on, rather than like, oh, well, I'm just not sure, but I'm conveniently located over here. And then it's like, no, there's a very specific reason why you're staying there and committing to trying to get that promotion. In that case, moving closer to the company just goes to show them how committed and serious you are. So when that motion comes around, like oh, remember I done moved back to Dallas for what for you all? For this to stay here, to be able to contribute meaningfully, like keep that in mind.
Speaker 1: I don't know you don't think I don't think you know that. That that clip going around that people on the podcast for Homegirls talking about she met a man in Nigeria and he proposed to her and she's gonna move. Did you see that? And the other two are like, no, don't stop, but give me your passport now. And I would stop. I would stop someone from moving to a city for a job for the promise of a promotion, maybe not even the promise for this, for the for the maybe of it all. Yeah, but there could be other reasons for every all that plus all the other reasons.
Speaker 2: And the culture is starting that you can see it changing for this whole acceptance of work from home to even now there's like the environment started to change back.
Speaker 1: How do you think it's changing, because I don't think it's it's going the wrong way.
Speaker 2: It's headed back to like you need to be. I'm even seeing it here with San Francisco, for like the hub of remote work of the most benefits of all time, and you're seeing a lot of these companies demanding the employees come back into the office. I don't know how it's going to work out for them, but you're seeing that tie change. Even the city here said that they got to bring their employees back. I think it's a four days a week now. So yeah, you're seeing a change, And so I don't I always felt it was a little iffy, like making a move with these remote job promises, because I'm like, I don't know if I trust him to keep this up. After the pandemic starts to kind of calm down, and then you're starting to see is the flip the reversal of a lot of these policies. So I'd even say, like, you know, you don't know how if you find another job that's remote, allows you to say where you are how long they'll even keep those policies in place, because they, like Madi Will saying, they can change your mind and be like, no, we're you're all coming back in.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: That's a great point. I mean.
Speaker 1: And the higher you get up, like the management. I know you mentioned customer service, you and Ellie, but like the more senior positions, I think they haven't even higher expectation of showing up and being seen and heard and all that. And I mean, I'm a little ambivalent about that. I like a hybrid thing. I like going in, I like staying home. Like the key for me, it's flexibility. I'm a grown ass adult. When I decide it's better for me to work from home, I would I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Trust me to make that decision because I'm doing what's best for this job and not being self.
Speaker 1: Like you know, trust and I think you earn that. It's funny because like you expect to hire senior people to like be in the office, but I think you've earned that trust and respect if you're at that point to be able to make your own damn decisions, and like that's a little frustrating. And also make that decision for your team. You know, you can decide if you're if you trust so and so to like work from home or not, like anyway, I you should be able to you should I mean you hired them because to be honest, some people should not be working from home because they can't. If you're not even nothing done.
Speaker 3: If you if you are continuously not meeting quotas or you know, KPIs or whatever it is your measure your metrics are like, then it's a problem that needs to be addressed. But if you're on your ship, like, what's the problem? I don't you know. I do think right now that there's a little bit of like corporate disco because if you're a billionaire, multi millionaire whatever corporation of CEO or EXAC, right and all your other buddies, that other companies are hurting because of the fact that most employees are working from home. Meaning the car industry is hurting because people aren't driving their cars as much. Car auto insurance is hurting because people are canceling all insurance politics. They're not driving their cars all day anymore. People are, you know, the food industry is hurting because people aren't ordering lunches as much because they're not at work. You know, corporate events is hurting because people aren't really doing so it's like all of a sudden, now all of your buddies are calling you up, like what's up? Are you going back in office because you know, we need to bring we need to spring back into action and get you know, people, goods and services going again. And it's going to be better when people are in office. And so I do think some of it is like this not necessarily selfish. I think selfish is the right word, but there's probably a better word. But it's really about like this motivating motivation, the key motivating factor being the benefit to the corporations rather than to the actual workers, and what's better for your work life balance and also what's better for your productivity because I know, for example, when I go to the office and everybody's just sitting at the office taking zoom calls from the office, Like, but uh, what you mean I had to come in person for this, for this experience, for everyone to be putting there ear Buzzy didn't take zoom calls from the office. We can do that from home. So I think it really varies. It really depends on the environment. But I think more so when you see that push like that, like and of course you know that Jamie Diamond clip going viral a couple of weeks ago, it's like you hear that frustration and that anger and then you realize what it's amount of money. He went viral just because he was being recorded and he didn't know, he wasn't aware that he was being recorded, and he was basically bashing work from home culture and like cursing up the storm, saying this is bs, like what the fuck? Like you need to come back in office if you want to work at this company. He's talking about JP Morgan's last chase. If you want to work at this company, you go in, You're going to be in person. If you want to keep your ass home and be lazy and stay at home, stay home, but not here, not for this company. And he was just like going on off about how people yes, and then the audio got leaked and it went viral, and it's like when you listen to the anger underneath his voice, and he was really mad.
Speaker 1: He was pissed.
Speaker 3: It's like it's hurting their money, guys, that's why, that's why they're so.
Speaker 1: Mad and their egos and they're that whole like, well, that's not the way it was when I was coming up. And but you look at who had attended the inaugural and it's like Silicon Valley you mentioned that, I'm just you know vasos, and oh shoot, we didn't even talk about Jeff Bezos, basically like saying, where do I begin, girl? What do you say? With the Washington Post Jeff Bezos? He the opinion section stepped down, and I can see why because he's basically said, we're going to have libertarian opinions here only and no questioning or critical opinions, literally opinions about the White House. And that's just such a reversal for what the Washington Post stands for. It it's what everyone feared when he bought it, I think. And now it's coming to fruition. Yep.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's just another nut subscribe, another Twitter slash x situation where they just keep buying up things and using it.
Speaker 1: For and Trump doesn't like work from home, so then they don't like it because they want to appeal to his ego.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course it's ridiculous, it really is. I mean, you know, it's funny a couple with this is random, but a couple of weeks ago are months ago, two months ago, maybe I was in Atlanta. I went to the Usher concert with my homegirl from college and we turn around and see two three sections away like towards the back or like the stripper poles set up in the back, because Usher concert is crazy. Jeff Bezos in there just just with his girl, just drinking, and I was like, wait a minute, oh no, no, this was not in Atlanta. I went to the Usher concert twice. This was in Miami, the Miami Usher concert. So in the Atlanta Usher concert, who was there? Tiny and t I okay, and you know that makes sense. And then the Miami one it was Jeff Bezos and and Damon John from Shark Tank and from Poubu. Yeah, so it was just it's like ridiculous. How you see like the most the wealthiest freaking person being escorted by all the security and this, like you know, it's ridiculous, like the uber black situation pick up and drop off and like just being treated whatever. And it's like, bro, we are all at this concert just trying to have a good time, like don't bring that energy in here. But it's so frustrating because they literally have the first and final say when it comes to so many of the policies that affect our lived experiences every single day. And yet when it comes to even just like your ability to go to a consert and enjoy yourself, Oh excuse me, you have to wait an hour until Jeff Bezos enters and exits. Like it's so frustrating.
Speaker 1: But you know at the back of the office, we have to order sit again because you can't make time to go.
Speaker 3: To the stove, you know, And so you can't even boycot Amazon even if you wanted to, because they make it literally impossible. Mm, well we should wrap up the b a qa.
Speaker 1: For her. Oh yeah, we just.
Speaker 3: Went off track.
Speaker 1: I think we got the answer. I remember we got there. Good luck, Sasha, and I think we all wrap I think just to wrap that up. I think that the key takeaways are you have to decide where where your values are and recognize that companies are not going to always be the perfect fit for you for where you're at in your life. And like maybe it was your dream company, but now that it wants you back in the office, well that just it just qualifies them from being your dream company and just to I think that's a healthy it's a healthy thing to know as you pursue the rest of your career and will help you make decisions that are grounded in like what you want versus what you think you should have or what companies say they think you should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's no harm in just interviewing. Just just interview, just be, always be interviewing. Just just do it and if if something feels right in your gut, it might be the right leap. And if not, hey, at least you're interviewing, you're staying in the game. You're staying fresher. I mean, Mandy could talk to this better than anybody about those skills. You have to kind of stay sharp on them. And if you get real comfortable and settle with this position and it's so great and so you stay, you don't kind of only make it harder for yourself in let's say, in three years, if you did decide to leave because you've been out the game for so long. So even maybe just do a couple of interviews. You might find a better opportunity and a better fit. And you might not, but at least you're getting at bets you're getting that point.
Speaker 1: We're an offer. Because the thing I love about all these like oh two to three years for promotion, What I love most is how quickly that goes out the window if you get a competing offer, It's like, oh wait, we found this money all of a sudden. That's hard interesting. So yeah, I would, yeah, one hundred percent on Ellie go be interviewing and get those competing offers. All right, Sasha, thank you for your question. Let's take a quick break and come right back with question from a listener. Tara Ariba fam Tara in the house with a question. She says, Hey, nanny, thank you so much for what you do. I just discovered brand ambition and can't get enough. Oh that's kind, that's so sweet. Tarah says, I'm thirty seven years old. I had been with my partner for thirteen years. It's a very loving and committed relationship, but we are not married. We both have some disillusionment with marriage. Both of us have divorced parents and other trauma issues. Were both in therapy for. It's occurred to me that if something were to happen to him, i e. He dies in a car crash or something, I'd be pretty much screwed financially. I work part time and have a side hustle, but he makes way more money than me as a computer programmer. I contribute to rent and other smaller expenses, but I would not be able to afford our current lifestyle on my own if something were to happen to him. Part of our arrangement is that I pay lesson rent so I can work. I'm paying down my credit card debt, which I'm very slowly making progress on. Anyway, I've heard horror stories of women being with their man for twenty plus years, he dies suddenly and they have zero claim to anything because they're not legally married. I can't say for sure if we will ever get legally married, maybe not, or maybe some day down the road. But in the meantime, what can I do to protect myself financially in case the worst were to happen. We live in Idaho, oh Idaho in the house?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Good. We live in Idaho, which does not offer something like common law marriage. I'm assuming my priority should be to save, save, save like a squirrel, because right now my savings is almost nothing. Sadly, anyway, sorry for the long email. Thank you so much. Don't be sorry much. Love Tara through it. Listen to your gut. What do you say, christ because you never go first? Assertive? Be assertive? Oh yeah, sometimes I forget that you're doing it by choice, not because you need me to like shut you to the spotlight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't need you don't need to make me go first, since you already put me on the spot. All right, I would say, you know what I think, obviously, it's always good to be prepared, right, to have your own stuff in place, have your own savings, to have your own streamer income, to be self sufficient, right. Because in the situation, it sounds like it's not that he is making her be I guess he's not forcing her. In the situation, they're involuntarily they're choosing that to be married. But I think there's differently things we don't know why. Maybe she's working part time versus working full time. There could be a lot of reasons why someone chooses to do that. I don't know if they have kids or anything like that, but I would say you can definitely make sure you're self sufficient on your own right. You got to make sure that you and no matter what happens, because a relationship could always in that you are taking care of yourself and you put yourself in the best position to survive any type of separation. If this is like a committed relationship, right, I don't know if they've done any type of estate planning, and maybe have the conversation with your partner like, hey, if something weren't happen to you, something would happen to me. Do we plan on giving each other some of our assets when we pass away? Because that's something that I think that would give you a lot of relief if you know for sure, because just because you're not married doesn't mean he couldn't have a trust or will in place that gives you some of the assets that you built this life together.
Speaker 1: You can name anybody a beneficiary of that for a one K bye bye anybody life insurance policy?
Speaker 2: Yes, right, so I would have that question. I would have a conversation and figure that out because that may solve your problem right there. If because if you feel like, Okay, I don't know what will happen, this may give you that security that you need to know that, hey, we both have each other's back and that one of us were to pass away. But if you may find out that you that's not the plan, so then then you can make it a planet according based off of what you know.
Speaker 1: Now that's scary too, because if he passes away, you can't afford the house, like and there's still a lean on it or mortgage or whatever, like his family may take ownership or whatever the laws of Idaho suggest, and then they could, you know, want to sell it for a profit or like kick you out or whatever. That is a fact.
Speaker 3: I really love that, Crystal, because that's pretty much what Jamil and I did. We are in thirteen years in to our relationship and also not married. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also so like terror, I feel you girl.
Speaker 3: We are in a long term relationship, very very committed, but we've you know, not really necessarily seeing marriage necessarily in our future. Maybe maybe not like you said, but that don't mean we play around when it comes to the estate planet. We both sat down. I added him to my retirement assets as a beneficiary along with some like you don't have to name only one person, so you can have multiple beneficiaries. So Jamil is one of the beneficiaries. I have a big family, so there's others as well. And then I have a life insurance policy he is one of the beneficiaries as well as another family member, and then he did the same in return his retirement assets. The beneficiary listed is me as well as one another person in his family, and same thing with his life insurance policy where'm listed as a beneficiary. So you can not have that fear looming over you every day in your relationship. As he walks out the door and hops on his bike, you're like, is he gonna die today and leave me screwed? Like, don't you know, don't create that situation for yourself because naming yourself, I mean, that's like the leading cause of death. I feel like if you look at these bikes.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're getting I don't know, but I just feel like the other day I'm red an article.
Speaker 3: But like everybody gets on a bike and dies, and I'm like, why is everybody dying.
Speaker 1: On a bike.
Speaker 3: No, you guys got to do that a state planning process, like Chris said, and it doesn't even have to be the official formal estate planning whole thing where you have a trust or you have a will and you have all that. But even to us, starting with the simple act of adding each other as beneficiaries and establishing joint ownership on some of your assets and accounts. That could be the move that he makes to show you that you know, you are really valued to him and you guys are equal partners in your partnership, even though a marriage is not necessarily the thing that creates your partnership, right, So I do think that's really important. And if you want to take that next step and you want to set up a trust, that will be even better because then it could skip probate. You know, you can have a will and you still have to go through probate, which can be you know, held up in the courts. We've seen that with a lot of celebrities who unfortunately, you know, their families kind of are fighting in core and they're held up in probate to get assets from the person who passed. So just at the very least adding beneficiaries and creating joint ownership so that you know that you have access to things and you're not screwed financially, like you said, if he does pass, but also you know, discussing like maybe potentially a will or a trust or something bigger, because if your partner is making all this money as a programmer. He can afford a life insurance policy for eighty bucks a month with you as a beneficiary, and he can afford to set up a will for a couple hundred bucks online and a trust right, which is not a ton of money. We're not talking about ten thousand dollars here. We're talking about a couple hundred bucks, and that can definitely give you the peace of mind that you need and you can sleep better at night knowing that you all are on the same page.
Speaker 1: Let's change, you know, the whole diamond thing, the whole diamond being like the diamond engagement ring that was just a marketing stunt from like or a commercial campaign from the early nineteen hundreds. So like, could the new engagement ring be I love you and I want you to be my wife. Here's my four oh one k. I'm adding you as a beneficiary today. Will you will you take me as your partner for life? Yeah, that's that's romantic to me all the study. Put me on your four one k baby, like talk dirty to me, Like can I be? Can you put me on the deed? Give me the title? You know what I mean? Like paper other kinds of paper ownership assets. We need to tap into our woman in Pakistan, give me land, give me hands out a week. But it's so it's real, true people get caught up in like the bridle, the white dress and the cake and like the venue. And I'm like, babe, what does the what does the paperwork say? Because there's some people who are more protected who never get married if they do things properly. Then people who do get married and don't have a prenup because like you can go back to listen to our episode with Aaron Thomas, the prenup attorney, incredible prenup attorney with those book, listen to that episode from Valentine's Day in February, because we talk all about that how even just because you get married, it doesn't magically give you protections exactly exact think.
Speaker 3: And I love that point, Mandy, because I do feel like a lot of my girlfriends are so enamored and it's like it's been instilled in us since we were little girls. It's like, oh, the idea of your wedding day is the most important day of your life, the most special day of your life, and you know you want to get married once and you have your dressing, you have to have your perfect wedding, and it's like all of that. I don't want to call it shit, but it's like it's all symbolism, but what is it?
Speaker 1: Yes, but what is it to?
Speaker 3: What's underneath it? All that actually has meaning and is the foundation for everything that matters? Is like are you good? Are you and the kids gonna be good if he's gone? Or are y'all gonna be good if she's gone? Like what is the reality of your life and your livelihood? That's what really matters. So I just feel like, yeah, like get get the fluff stuff out of the way so you can really address what's really important. At the very least, he should have a life insurance policy. Come on, that's I mean, my life insurance policy. I pay seventy two dollars a month and it's up to one point five million dollar payout. It's a thirty year term policy. There ain't no reason why he shouldn't be spending seventy two dollars a month on an insurance policy like that. That's chump changed for him as a software engineer. Come on, girl, like that's the the bare minimum he can do. Add you as a beneficiar on the retirement accounts and create a life insurance policy. Turn policy's fine, something under one hundred bucks a month. He can afford it, and it just it's it's a real action, not just words, just putting action behind the words. If like you are my partner, you matter so much to me. We've been in this game for thirteen years together. Let me show you what that means to me in this way.
Speaker 1: You know, it's going to give you information if what if he acts weird about it, then you got a red flag, babe. And then I would say, yes, start saving.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure, save you the way, but take notes if he acted skimming off the top. My mom used to do that. I mean sid I mean, not put our business out there, but definitely gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: A lot of spouses do. Take a little sum for me, you know, put it, put it behind the toilet, wherever you want to hide it behind the toilet. You know why, because I was picturing j Loo in that movie enough and I don't think she puts money behind the toilet, but there is a pivotal toilet scene. It really made an impression on me where she pretends to be peeing by putting a bottle of water on the toilet so that she can escape her abusive spouse. You'll never enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean so it was like a remake of Sleeping with the Enemy with Julia Roberts from back in the day.
Speaker 1: Listen, we don't need to know all that, but yeah, I will die on the Jalo hill. I don't know why. I think you'll be alone.
Speaker 3: It. I like JL, but that movie was for sure just straight up robbed sleeping with the Enemy, like the entire storyline, a lot of the scenes. I'm like, oh, this is just a just a remake.
Speaker 1: Julia Roberts did not learn how to fight blind. No, no, she didn't know how to fight Morgan Freeman.
Speaker 3: No she did not, but it was it was that overarching story.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was a slight very You're right.
Speaker 3: You're right, it was a slight very. She was the Bronx version. It was the Boogie Down Bronx version.
Speaker 1: Was blind. She learned how to box blind because she was dark. She had to like learn her house fight him in the dark. She had to fight him in the dark so that she you know, it also a game of Thrones when Aria Stark when she like has to fight the little the ladies.
Speaker 3: Ye, well no these are these are old old foot films, and Joe very old watching this today, like he was watching enough.
Speaker 1: There's so many characters to forget who that is. Anyway, she like turns, she like cuts the candle off, and then she's like, oh, you're on my turf now, bitch, I'm blind. Now.
Speaker 3: No, that was Aria. That was Aria.
Speaker 1: You Chris, they're connected. You're trying to make me, not make it. You're trying to discredit Mandy.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I'm here girl, I'm with a man gaslighting us.
Speaker 3: I'm following you.
Speaker 1: Girl in the middle. Nothing in the middle, the beginning of Women's History Month. Okay, follow me. Me and yan Ellie are on the train. You're trying to keep up. You're just right here, like sweating, dripping down your bald head, trying to catch a train that you ain't gonna catch it. You ain't never gonna catch his train, Chris.
Speaker 3: You gotta want to catch the train. In order to catch the train. You gotta want you gotta want.
Speaker 1: It, want to It's gonna listen. Just take this whole episode anyway, j Lo deserved all yes, and she had to learn how to box blind so that so she could turn the lights off and then win, and then women win, women win. That's all you need to know about that. Okay, just Maarah is gonna win when she listens to this episode and she and I just I want an update, Tara, because we really want to hear that you have as you deserve financial security. Okay, thirteen years is a long.
Speaker 3: Time and at least reassure even if you don't have your own financial independence. You've been in this relationship for thirteen years and you just are love you that reassurance is so important.
Speaker 1: Wants you to be Okay, yep, yeah, all right, another colorful episode of the AQA. I love it all right, big fam, thank you so much for listening, and for those of you who are on the train with us, I hope you're enjoying the view. We got. We got chilled sparkling rose, which is my favorite, like fancy beverage. And you know, maybe we'll slow down a little bit so Chris can do you hear those tires screeching? Just hop on how you can hang on to the back of the kaboos gonna go to the kabboos, you know.
Speaker 2: But for those of you out there who are who are trying to just learn and do better, and you're running outside the train with me, you know, it's great to have you there well, striving to get better, you know.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it. This train is sponsored by Adhd al r Ba Fam. Until next time, we'll see you on Monday. Bye,