Speaker 1: The second date of d A lot of people say dating in the workplace is a big no no, but people get carried than ever a really really hard way. But what if you're dating in.
Speaker 2: Your live space, like with your roommate.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not saying your roommate. I'm saying like in the same building. If that goes wrong, it's not going to be awkward, right.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's all well, I don't know if I've moved down.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the situation that our new friend Brian is in, and I want to get all the dats on it. Brian, what's up? Man? Can I call you dirty? Bright? Just jealous because you took her nickname dirty? Tell us about the girl that you met? What's her name?
Speaker 3: And Stephanie? Okay, live on she was on the ground floor.
Speaker 4: Okay, she's a budget girls, dangerous face in the alley.
Speaker 3: Well, I would I would know the budget because you see, I am the resident manager.
Speaker 1: Made it extra.
Speaker 2: That's different than just living in the same building.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of power that you have control stuff. Dude.
Speaker 2: You can get keys to your apartment and just go in.
Speaker 1: The idea something.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: That's not how you met Stephanie? Right, he was home from work.
Speaker 3: Oh man, this is going to go south quick. Then you are.
Speaker 1: Dirty, be so go ahead tell us about how you and Stephanie met.
Speaker 3: Well, we met because she's a lieutenant, right, I'm the one who showed her the unit. I'm the one who filled out her leave And.
Speaker 2: Did you did you have a yeah? Did you have a crush on her as soon as.
Speaker 3: You saw Oh, I don't know if I want to admit this, yeah, before she even came in. Sometimes when tenants, you know, they'll I'll pre screen them and every once in a while I'll look up their name because they'll be like, they'll pre qualify over online. I did see her on social media and I was like, look, you said she was on You're.
Speaker 1: Like pre qualified.
Speaker 4: Basically, every once in a while, when there's a tenant whose name is female and is in this right range.
Speaker 1: Your background check very very detailed top dive on a background You want.
Speaker 3: To make sure that there's a real person coming in and they're not locked about who they are in their position and stuff. A lot of people do it.
Speaker 1: Her last datus is like I burned my old apartment down, got to look for.
Speaker 5: A new one.
Speaker 1: So what was your read on Stephanie?
Speaker 3: So, I mean she looked very presentable, So I'm you know, we went through the process. She wanted to get the place. I said, great, and then I was kind of crushing on it on her a little bit. And then I noticed on her application where she worked she had a couple of different jobs. One of them is this yoga place. So I might have I might have shown up at the yoga place.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, still with you, man, If you know what you want, you got to go out and get it. The thing Ursula the sea Witch said that, So keep going. You're not doing anything illegal here. I just want to say, yoga studio.
Speaker 2: How long has Stephanie lived in the building at this point?
Speaker 3: This is probably two weeks in.
Speaker 2: Oh, really quick, that you're moving things forward.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I'm just I'm just going to the yoga place.
Speaker 1: So what was her reaction when she saw you in her yoga studio?
Speaker 3: Well, she actually didn't really recognize me. She was looking at me, but she wasn't immediately like, oh my god, Brian.
Speaker 1: So why would she wrote?
Speaker 2: I feel like you want to avoid your landlord at all costs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't think of that. Maybe the opposite where she's like, oh my god, my Landlords, I.
Speaker 4: Know you only met him once for the walk through, basically the place and handing the key zone.
Speaker 1: That was the reaction Brian was hoping to get clearly, So.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not a bad looking guy, so it's not like I'm some you know, weird living in the basement kind of you know, Landlord, you're in their shirt.
Speaker 1: List with yoga pants on.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, to see you here, I'm there and I haven't really done this yoga before. I mean, I was shocked how hard it was to hold certain poses or even to get into them. So I'm sweating, I'm shaking, yeah, and obviously she sees me, and then she then she recognizes me. She's like, wait, are you wait, don't you aren't you in the And I'm like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: She recognized you when you were in the pretzel position, but not when you were standing up right.
Speaker 3: So I felt it was kind of stupid about obviously, you know, not being a successful practitioner.
Speaker 1: But practitioner.
Speaker 3: She ended up walking with me back, and on the way back, you know, I asked her if she wanted to get a bite if she was if she was hungry.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you made them you made the transition to asking her out on a date.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, I sure did. Su Yes, so she said yes, Yes. We went to dinner, and I felt like it was a fun date. We didn't really talk about anything too deep. We didn't get into any subjects that were stimulating and unique. We just kind of generally spoke.
Speaker 1: Can I ask what type of food did you go grab with her?
Speaker 2: Are you worried? Is it experience of that.
Speaker 1: Like sushi or something?
Speaker 3: We had seafood? We went to a really nice seafood place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's classy.
Speaker 4: And you're saying that you guys didn't get into deep conversation, but I think that that's okay on a first date.
Speaker 2: Like what was the vibe by the end of the night.
Speaker 3: You know, I felt like we were getting along. We definitely laughed, We were joking about a few different things, and I wasn't sure exactly how it was going to end. So we were walking back obviously were going to the same place.
Speaker 4: Right, I mean, it's so easy, like forgot come over to my place.
Speaker 1: This is where you pulled out the ts to her apartment. Yourself in, let me let you end of your place.
Speaker 3: No, I uh, you know, I wasn't sure if maybe it was going to be like a kiss or something, but she pretty quickly was thank you so much for the night, and then boom the doors closed, curtains of the window or shut.
Speaker 2: You don't have to around floor. You had always got to shut your curtains down there?
Speaker 1: Did you walk around, look through her windows and shut? She did? The dead bolt started nailing. That doesn't sound like the best ending to the night. But again, it's okay to not kiss on my first day.
Speaker 2: I'm actually with jose and this one.
Speaker 1: It isn't always.
Speaker 3: Maybe she was nervous, she could have been intimidated, who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it sounds sounds like what it is. We'll conturn that when we reach out to her and get your second date update. Right after this, we're on the phone with Brian, the property manager with restraint soon to turn into a restraining order possibly but her now he's using restraint and not using the company keys to enter his dates apartment.
Speaker 2: That is highly illegal.
Speaker 1: I mean, given him a bad time briment. Yeah, he's been a really really good sport, even though we've been joking around with him. He did ask out one of his tenants, though, and they went out to a nice seafood place. Had a great time, but the end of the night was kind of brief. She just said thank you for dinner and shut the door to her apartment pretty quickly. Yeah, and that was pretty much the end of it. Now he's looking to us for answers.
Speaker 2: By the way, can we just ask her quick? Have you not run into her in the building at all since your date?
Speaker 3: Well? I saw her leaving once, but I don't think she saw me with your binoculars.
Speaker 1: She was climbing out down through the window. Yeah, dude, don't worry.
Speaker 2: We will talk you up to her, yes, Stephan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we're about to call her, but I am not going to mention. And I don't think anyone in this room should mention that Brian found out where she worked from the application, because that is not going to come well.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Yeah, even though it was.
Speaker 1: A background check, it definitely looks really bad.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, if you want to keep up that lot, you need to keep going to yoga, which would probably be.
Speaker 2: Good for you. It sounds like your hips are very tight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on a scale of one to ten. How loose your hips?
Speaker 3: I'd give it a nice seven.
Speaker 2: Wow to keep it?
Speaker 1: Trying to get you a date? All right? Here we go to call her right now? Hello, Hi is a Stephanie. Hey Stephanie. We heard you teach a yoga class, and we're very tight hipped people over here. We're hoping that we could be stretched out a little bit.
Speaker 2: This is where we're starting. Well, Hi, Stephanie.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were recommended to you by someone who's taken your class before, named Brian.
Speaker 5: Sorry, are you guys trying to call the studio?
Speaker 1: No, no, we were giving your direct line from Brian because we're trying not just to sign up for yoga class, but also trying to figure out if we could get you back on another date with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you didn't mention we're a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the br Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought that might come off a little weird. So Brian reached out to us because he told us a little bit about the day that you two hung out and the lovely.
Speaker 2: Seafood dinner that you went to.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm curious that too, but you heard uh, pretty.
Speaker 1: Simple to give up to give you a snapshot of it, is that he ended up meeting you and taking your yoga class then, and you parlayed that into a seafood dinner date date, and then after that he walked you home.
Speaker 2: He said, conversation was light. People were laughing.
Speaker 5: Well he was laughing.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, laughing, not really.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess we have different sent of humor.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you find him unfunny?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Kind of whoa Can you tell us what happened?
Speaker 5: Well, he took my yoga class, and it took me a minute to like notice it was him, And I felt really bad for him because he was really struggling, you know, but I gave him some kudos for making it through the whole box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just even showing up right.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: And then he, you know, he asked me out to dinner and told me that he knew about this really nice seafood restaurant and like hyping me up and up. Yeah, you know, and I was excited. All right. So we get to the seafood restaurant and it's a red lobster.
Speaker 4: Oh hey, my grandpa still thinks those are really really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he sounds like you were unimpressed.
Speaker 5: I mean, he kept talking about like the best deep food. He did all this research online and they get all this fresh everything fresh every day, and.
Speaker 4: Well, but I mean, come on, he tried, and that's his opinion of something nice. You know, like maybe he's not a guy who is a real foodie.
Speaker 1: Right, and his defense it was fresh when they caught it, and then they freeze it and they.
Speaker 2: God asked the name of the restaurant before you going to date?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, I guess I guess what you mentioned though that he was laughing during the date and you weren't what was that about?
Speaker 5: So at one point I was like, I asked him if it was just a coincidence that he showed.
Speaker 3: Up to my yoga class.
Speaker 5: You asked him, what did he got really weird? And he started playing with his lobster and putting it in yoga positions, going look a downward blaster. Not when I'm asking him a serious question, and he's like diverting it by.
Speaker 1: Maybe with it comes off.
Speaker 2: Cray fish and a sun salutation.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, I mean he tried to make a funny joke and it didn't land. That were really like not worth giving him another chance, you'll make.
Speaker 2: Me laugh and mountain, you know.
Speaker 5: And if that wasn't bad enough, something else happened.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay, you know, I mean, I've heard enough. I think.
Speaker 1: Brian has been actually listening on the other line this whole time, supposed to wait, but he's there.
Speaker 2: I think he needs to hear it. Step, you can hear the rest of the story. Oh yeah, what else happened?
Speaker 3: I don't need to hear the rest of the story. I think I'm good. I think I got the gist of it.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: Oh, do you know what she's gonna say? I would be so.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Of course he doesn't want to hear the rest of it because he probably doesn't want me to say it on the radio.
Speaker 2: Why would you do? Did he do something inappropriate?
Speaker 3: I didn't do I didn't do anything inappropriate. Okay, sure he stuck me with the bill?
Speaker 1: Oh like stuck the bill to your body?
Speaker 5: Or no, like I paid for dinner.
Speaker 4: Oh you're the one that asked her out.
Speaker 2: You're the one that picked the spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. My question is what's wrong with that?
Speaker 5: What he invited me out?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Look, I don't make I mean, I get like compensation for certain things. You know, dis kind of rand et cetera. But you know, like I know how much Stephanie makes from the application. Well no, but hear me out. I know it sounds bad, but she has a bunch of side hustles. She has, like main income, what anthing't do with anything?
Speaker 5: That's really creepy that you know that I make more than you.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I don't know if it's creepy. He saw it on your application.
Speaker 5: Well that's what doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird, that doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: So then that confirms that he didn't just randomly step into my yoga clock.
Speaker 1: Brian, any comments on that, look, I will No.
Speaker 5: There's nothing to look at your ratchet.
Speaker 1: He's a handy with a ratchet. That means I don't think she still used it.
Speaker 3: I was going to pay. I actually had a coupon or red Lobster that I had with me that I did not pull out because I was like, oh, that's going to look cheap.
Speaker 2: Here's what happened, Brian.
Speaker 4: If you can't afford red Lobster, fine just pick another date.
Speaker 3: Like I can afford red Lobster. I just figured that she has the means. I mean, I already like the yoga class. Imagine went directly to her, soble that's a good boy.
Speaker 1: He technically did pay you directly.
Speaker 2: That is not okay.
Speaker 4: There's a building, there's a studio, you have to pay for broke insurance.
Speaker 1: Jose, Alexis and I are all on the same page here. You're the one who's on the outlier against Brian. For some reason. I just devoted and caring listener.
Speaker 3: When everything's said and done, I think I paid almost two dollars for everything because I had it was it was like a rental thing. I had, I drink, I had water, I had a protein drink at the mat.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you overcharged him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, before I offer to send you guys out on another date, would you mind paying Brian back first said the overclass yoga class. You have money.
Speaker 2: Come on, we're kidding.
Speaker 1: Well, then let's just offer to send you guys out on a date.
Speaker 3: Then, yes, I'm good.
Speaker 1: We didn't get the chance. Let Brian throw down a cupon Brian. I'm sorry, man, it sounds like we can't get you another date here. But at the very least, would you mind sending us a video of you putting that lobster into downward lobster. It sounds really funny. We could put it up on our on our page.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll send you guys a new video, I guess. But yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Can't afford lobster.
Speaker 1: In the morning. I know we're supposed to talk at this point about the date and the people on it, but maybe this time we should take a second and critique ourselves. I mean, we're trying to have fun and be entertaining and joke around with our callers. That's our job. But maybe is it coming off as like a roast? Well, I mean it's when.
Speaker 4: We all are on the same side.
Speaker 2: Made her pain like job.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just think overall we need to be we need to go a little gener a little softer.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of going against you now, but these.
Speaker 1: Are our listeners. If you're listening right now, you want a second date. You know, we joke around like it's expected to be.
Speaker 4: Jokes, but you also have to have a critical stance of what you're doing wrong here, and those are clearly things he was doing wrong.
Speaker 1: Those are all that's absolutely all true, one hundred percent. Yeah, But I do think I want to be able to go a little softer, so stick around to hear Jeff go soft and we're gonna put that up on the website. Just make sure you listen to that. If that man, we're gonna get record numbers on our site.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: If you want to hear any of our second dates, make sure you head over to your favorite podcast hub and find us at Brook and Jeffrey. Don't go to Jeff gosoft dot com. Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,