Speaker 1: The volume. The NBA playoffs are heating up. Man, they have been so good. I know it's over, but Lakers Nuggets may have been a five game series.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: Nicks sixers amazing. Why don't you sign up for the DraftKings sports book app takes ninety seconds the official sports betting partner of the NBA. If you're in DraftKings. Once you sign up, you got to check this out. New customers bet five bucks to get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets instantly great proposition right five bucks get one hundred and fifty bucks. Download the DraftKings sports Book app. The codes colins c O L I N. It's me CO L I N really quick, really easy. If you've never bet sports before, check it out. Really makes the games fun. The code is coling. New customers get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus best by betting five only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on the amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Welcome into part two of the podcast with Nick Right being off lit quarterback Jay laser Al who says this, it is the most miserable thing in the league.
Speaker 2: So Atlanta, So yeah, righted Raheem Morris, Reem Morris was a coaching hotshots the wrong word, but like the youngest coach in the league, like on this what happened? No quarter very quarterback. And so then for a decade he's grinding himself back, and I think he's probably like never again, never again, Like I'm going to give myself a floor at that spot. So I understand that I just and maybe I'm spoiled because the team I root was beating for championships.
Speaker 1: Smart ass, and and the Chiefs and the Packers for most of my life have at least been B to B plus at quarterbaas the right.
Speaker 2: The Chiefs never had the guy, but they had Trent green Day an Alex. They they had, they were They weren't terrible except for a few years. But I'd like, man, if you're a Falcons fan, try to go be great. If you sign Kirk, you let me. I'll tell you. Somebody asked me today who I thought won the draft? Right, So I'm going to give you a wild take on that. Okay, I think you can make an argument the Giants won the draft because New England didn't take their Trade's reported yesterday that the Giants offered six and next year's number one for the third pick, And I'm like, oh, so they hoped to draft Drake May at three, not add any weapons in the first round, to trade the pick and have Drake May, a twenty one year old with high upside but who was a radic at North Carolina at put him behind that offensive line with those weapons. Guess what I think that they'd done, that they'd be drafting number one next year and they'd be sending it to New England like Carolina just did. Like the fact that the Giants now have next year's number one. This year, you know, maybe Drew Lock plays, maybe Daniel Jones plays, but a last he has a weapon, and then next year you try to go find your quarterback. That I think New England turning that trade down was a bit of a mistake they'll regret. I think that you could have gone to six, gotten Giants number one next year, and at six, we know Minnesota is willing to give you eleven and twenty three, so you could have had eleven and twenty three to add players, your first rounder and the Giants first rounder next year, start Jakobe for a season and then that's what I would have done far for New England. But New England's GM was auditioning for his job. He doesn't even have it yet, and the owner said, I want a quarterback, so I guess he's gonna draft a quarterback.
Speaker 1: I had an executive in the league said, if you're the Giants, you are rooting for Bryce Young and Will Levis because then the only other team that's guaranteed to take a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Is the Raiders.
Speaker 1: So somebody said, he said, he said to me, you are rooting for that great point and Bryce Young to hit if you're the Giants, because then it's like us and the Raiders need quarterbacks and they'll be two good prospects. You know, Shador Sanders, the kid cam Ward at Miami who's pretty interesting. There's a kids that the other Dame got a transfer who's pretty int.
Speaker 2: No, and I the Quinn Yours people like him. And then there's one more that we're forgetting. That's the guy who's most likely to go number one. I talked about on the show today, So I see if I can remember it. But the I was just about to look like, hold on a second, who are the teams that could.
Speaker 1: Raiders, Titans, Giants and Carson beck is the other one, the kid from Georgia that people don't think he's a top five pick. I think he's Georgia good.
Speaker 2: I think you're probably right. But the if you look at I was gonna look through the NFL like teams that you know, Buffalo, no, Miami, No, the Jets are maybe if Aaron gets hurt, if Aaron gets hurt, you know what I mean? The Jets are a maybe. New England, No, Baltimore, Cleveland is a maybe. I don't know what I mean. They're and I mean that's a rough spot, man. Uh but Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh's a maybe. So there's a bunch of maybees. But there's not a lot of definites to your point, like the because everybody when six quarterbacks going round one, everybody thinks they have a quarterback, you know what I mean, Like, there's just the you mentioned.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, sorry, and they'll at least give those quarterbacks till Thanksgiving of the second year. And so this executive said the bottom line, if you're the Giants, he said, I don't think Will Levis is gonna work. He said, I think Bryce will. He liked Bryce. He said, Bryce is talented. He's not as big as you'd like, but they got him weapons, they got him a really good wide receiver. He's like, Bryce will move the chains. They'll stick with him. But he said, the Giants and the Raiders, that's it that you're absolutely and neither one is going to be any good. He said, So those are those are your top two potential picks. Yeah, and for one of those teams, Tom Brady, who probably played for him, so they won't need to Why not, I mean the he wants to play football so badly.
Speaker 2: Like I get it. I mean, I don't blame him. Did you see Lebron's quote. Lebron had a quote after the g that I thought was so fascinating. It was also almost a little sad, and it made me think of Brady to a degree where Lebron said, I think to Dave mcmannimon along the lines of, I'm never going to be bad, but at some point I'm going to have to stop. And he basically said, like, you know, I'm not chasing anything anymore. I've accomplished anything I wanted to accomplish, but at some point I've got to stop playing. And it was such a unique thing because I watched it. I'm like, yeah, he's never gonna be I mean, I never's a long time obviously, but I think five years from now Lebron would be good. I do, yeah, Like, I know, you know what I mean. Right now, what is he at best the sixth best player in the league and at worst the twelfth best player in the league. He's somewhere in there he you know what I mean, he lives. He's better, in my opinion, clearly than Devin Booker. And Devin Booker's an all NBA guy, and.
Speaker 1: He led the NBA in fourth order buckets and playoff buckets.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, so, and he played seventy one games. So it's such a unique spot for Lebron, which is like most guys get forced out. Most guys they you know what I mean, they have their fair their averaging five points a game. So he's not gonna be that. So at some point he's just gonna have to be like, I guess I'm done. I'm stopping. And that's kind of what happened with Tom. Like I understand, the Bucks were not good Tom's last year, but the year before he almost won MVP. He still grew for a million yard.
Speaker 1: He's better than half the quarterbacks today easily, no question, no question.
Speaker 2: And he just stopped. And there's I understand that there was family some of New Zealand with I get it, but I think every time someone puts a microphone in front of him, he clearly is like, goddamn it, I want to play football. I miss playing football, And you know, he's gonna be with Fox and calling games, and maybe that'll scratch the itch, but it also might make him watch these guys and be like, god, dog it, I'm better than that guy, you know, And so like it's the weird spot. We're seeing two guys Lebron nearing the end and Brady who just ended, who played longer than anybody ever in the history of their field and at a higher level than anyone ever thought who both you know, Brady already had to and Lebron's gonna have to. We're gonna have to oddly make the decision of like I guess I just should stop because I'm old, but I'm not bad. And it's such a weird thing, like people are like, oh, John Elway went out on top. John Elway went out winning super Bowls, but he was not good anymore, like you know, I mean, I'm not disrespecting John, but like the he was a shell of the player that he was. Peyton Manning went out winning a Super Bowl, was nine touchdown, seventeen picks that year, was a shell. Even the guys who go out on top are usually not good in more so, I don't know that you know what I mean, the Brady seems to still miss it. I don't know what Lebron's gonna do.
Speaker 1: Brady is I can I I'll probably get in trouble saying this, but Brady his preparation for broadcasting at Fox. Dude, he he's in the building.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna get in trouble for saying he was in the building.
Speaker 1: Today, the last the next three days, he's in the building practicing. Like Brady is as obsessed about this. People don't understand the people.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna be great. I think he's gonna be great because he's competitive. Yes, I think that is. I think the key to so much of this is competitive. Yes, And I think that there is the Tom had And I don't know Tom at all, but he had recently in the last year, he did an interview and he was talking about during the game and was basically about now like he hated who he was playing against, like he would build up an anger and like the real like fraud. Because he's competitive and now I think he's going to look around and be like, I need to be better. And it helps that most of the other people in his spot are quarterbacks too. I need to be better. Than Troy. I need to be better than Tony. I know Collins, it's not a quarterback, but I need to. I think he's gonna want to be considered the best. And there was always you remember, God, it feels like a lifetime ago. But during when the flategate happened and Tom unfairly at his text messages leaked and the text message to his I think it was his dad, maybe was his friend about Peyton, and they were to talk about back and forth, and Tom said He's like, yeah, but I'm going to play five more years and Peyton's done, and then it's not even going to be a debate. By the way, he was right about that. That's exactly what happened. But I also think there's like a competitiveness with Peyton, which is Peyton's a broadcaster, you know what I mean, and everybody, unlike some of the other broadcasters, none of the ballooms, everybody. I think that broadcast is great. People love it. I think it's gonna be like, I'm gonna trust these guys. Yeah, I'm gonna, I really do so. I bet he's gonna be awesome when I lost.
Speaker 1: When I you know, I tell my kids, you know they're tired of hearing it.
Speaker 2: But I always say, you know.
Speaker 1: There's there's certain traits and people that are really important, and it's not where you went to school. One of the things that's really important is resilience. Don't be fragile. You're gonna have shitty days, You're gonna have horrible relationships. Don't be fragile. These people on the internet go sideways and upside down because somebody said something I don't like. You better get over it. Don't be fragile, and you know, be mobile, be willing to move. But the editor I tell my kids all the time is in life, you will compete against yourself. I will never compete against Elon Musk or probably a ditch digger. I'll compete against people in my sphere. Intellectually, emotionally, I'll be competing against me. Right, I'm not gonna neuroscience. I'm not going to be competing against those people, and probably not against dog walkers, right, Like, I know where I'm competing against, and and and I think so, I think what my point is, if you're competing, it's almost life's like boxing.
Speaker 2: There's weight class in your weight class.
Speaker 1: That's right, You're competing essentially in life against yourself.
Speaker 2: You know this is so Wild's made fun of me for this, And maybe I said this to you already on a podcast. If not, I don't care, I'll say it again because it's it's I truly feel this way, which is I just said kind of flippantly to Wilde's once about a different broadcaster. I was like, oh, they're one of my rivals. And he's like, what do you mean, like you have a bad relationship with him? Like, no, I've never met him. He's like, you just said they're your rival. I'm like, well, they're on the national scene and they're about my age. I must be more successful than them. And he was like, you're you You're insane, buddy. I'm like no. I was like, everybody has this, and he was adamant, No, No, normal people don't. And I'm so glad because you didn't say it. But I think you did too. It seems like as you were coming up, Oh, you knew who the other guys in yours you put a weight class were, and I need to beat them is wrong because you're not rooting for them to fail. But I need to be the valedictorian of the class, so to speak. That's how I've always felt and so like the person he was like. He said to me, he's like some name Arrival. And I said, really, the most ridiculous one, because this person has almost a universal Brewer rating. But I said, Mina Chimes. I was like, she's my age. He's everyone thinks she's super smart. She talks to you, she didn't talk about everything. She's my rival. I was like, I'm sorry. I was like, it just is like I hope she does well, but I need to do better. I was like, this is like, this is just how my brain works. And so yes, like I like and again I'm not speaking for Tom because I don't know him at all. You know him somewhat. I don't know him at all, but I would imagine Tom looks at brought other broadcasters. Now is his rivals like I need to be the best, which is why he the other thing. And I did say this to you. I think when Tom was on with you, you asked him about Patrick, and he had it was an unbelievable answer, which is he was super complimentary. And then he was like, and you know, anybody who can get to seven Super Bowls like you know, I tip my cap to him, and it was to me a very intentional kind of setting of the ground rules, like, oh yeah, anybody can say he's going to be the goat, no problem at all. But just so we're clear, if he doesn't get to seven Super Bowls, it's not a conversation like I don't want to hear about MVPs and I don't want to hear about yards. I don't like he was. I think he is competitive in everything, and it's like, I'm the greatest football player ever and this whole idea that this guy might be better than me one day. Okay, sure, but don't you come to me with his yards and touchdowns and MVPs if he only has five Measley super Bowls, because the barrier to entry is seven. And I just and I think that's I respect that.
Speaker 1: I think about this a lot because I do criticize athletes at times about how remarkable athletes are. So if you look at the history of comedy you get to be the funniest guy in the world for about three to five years. Ben Stiller, Jim Carrey, there was Drew Carey twenty five years ago.
Speaker 2: Mike Myers, by the way, he's very charitable to include Ben Stiller on The Funniest Guys Worldless. He's pretty good, pretty good, but go ahead. Maybe he's a friend. I don't know who you're having drinks with, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: So if you go look at you know, Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David, you know where.
Speaker 2: You're sort of compel yell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, and then it's very hard to be as funny because your life experience changes dramatically because there's so much money in movies and production when you get.
Speaker 2: Big, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course hip hop stars similarly, first couple albums can be fantastic and then the material changed hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Athletes, what's really amazing is athletes almost the opposite. Mahomes is better since he's been paid, Lebron was better when he was paid. Is that athletes, unlike other entertainers, often feel a guilt or a pressure to elevate their greatness when they're paid. It's very rare when you look at athletes, they get paid, and I'm sure it happens, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Telling it happens not to the great ones. That's what that's the in between the great ones and everyone else. Because I think that when you talk about getting paid, but I think that at every step of your athletic journey, there has been a getting paid but not actually money moment where you could relax, you know what I mean. The kid who when he makes varsity as a freshman takes his foot off the gas doesn't get the college scholarship. And the kid who when he goes to college is a starter early on and takes off the gas doesn't make the league. So it almost we you know what I mean, It slowly, but surely weeds. It weeds those people out because it's such a finite number and there's always a new crop of people coming for those jobs.
Speaker 1: Also, is that in hip hop, when you win, you're worshiped by everybody. In comedy, when you're the king of laughs, you are worshiped by everybody. In sports, when you win, most of the league hates you.
Speaker 2: Hate you.
Speaker 1: So in sports, greatness does not equal worship outside of your town. It equals kind of a villain, kind of a target. And that's why music critics tend to be too soft and and you know movie critics are you know, they they're they're too in bed with them. Music and movie critics and Hollywood. When's the last really tough reporter that Hollywood had? They don't, So it goes to your head in music and it doesn't work that way, but the media in sports kicks the shit out of you once you're great. It's like, well, you weren't good last week against Cleveland, And there's a healthy there's a healthy account ability that doesn't exist in comedy, movies, music. This accountability standings criticism that I think actually it's like being tough on your kids. It builds character. So I think you.
Speaker 2: Might have just solved might not be the right word, but you just said something that really crystallized something for me. Okay, we might have just like, I feel like this is a real thing that just happened because you talk, you're talking about the inestween athletes and artists. Yeah, and I'm not taking I'm really not trying to be unfair or take a shot. But there are two specific NBA players that I think, as great as they are, have markedly underachieved their talent and ability even though they are. One of them's one of the twenty greatest players ever and one of them is one of the ten most skilled players ever. And I think both of them view themselves more artists than athletes. And those two guys are Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irv and I think a lot of what has worked against them and a lot of what they have pushed against is that they are covered like their athletes and not like their artists. That it is a lot of criticism and a lot of why did you do this, and a lot of but you didn't do that, and comparative stuff that athletes are used to. But they're like, we're fucking artists. I Am out here painting a picture and you're asking me these questions, like, just appreciate the art. Meanwhile, other folks who look at themselves as I don't want to say, hired guns, but we are in competition and we are here to win and you know, to do what we have to do, haven't been as bothered by the media criticism. But it does Katie and Kyrie who and again Kyrie, to his credit, has been unbelievable this year, and Katie post Achilles is the best Achilles recovery in sports history. So I'm not trying to be unfair, it really is. I'm not trying to be unfair and I aren't trying to take a shot, but they really seem to both struggle with the way they are covered by the media. And what you just described about how artists, musicians, or actors or comedians are covered by the media is different than how we do athletes. We don't do when a movie six, when there is a huge movie release weekend. When Barbie and Oppenheimer come out the same weekend, there were no articles written like, well, fucking Oppenheimer, how do you not win that? People are just like, this was awesome. This was even more awesome. These are both great. It's and so that I do. I think there is something there and maybe I can describe it exactly right, but about the difference between how athletes and artists are discussed and whether or not you consider yourself an athlete or an artist, and how you want to then be discussed in how you feel you should be discussed.
Speaker 1: I also think basketball more than any sport, and soccer has some of this as well. I've always compared basketball to international soccer. Is an artist, Rinaldo is an artist, Kevin Durant' an artist. Tom Braddy's a football player, right like Mike Trout's a baseball player, that's different.
Speaker 2: But filming, Lebron's an artists.
Speaker 1: No, No, he's more compartmentalized and strategic artists, aren't they kind of hear? I mean very much. Lebron's a stacker, compartmentalize work on this part of the game. Solved this part. Kevin Durant's not looking to solve. Kyrie Irving's not looking to solve parts of their game. They're looking to paint their most beautiful picture. Kyrie had it the other night with that layup over three Clippers.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, exactly right, like that kind even though they that kind of was, and there is something beautiful about this and honorable about it where it's like that Kyrie has worked for He's thirty two, so call it twenty five years on every little bit of his ability in order to pull off that one moment. And I know he's obviously done way more than that, but I'm saying, like that was of physics and basketball impossibility.
Speaker 1: It was incredible, was his? It was his Mona Lisa, it was his.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly right, it was, And it was like, oh, you are probably literally the only human being who's ever lived who could do that, Like I believe that I really believe that. Yeah, And I think there's for Kyrie, He's like in God damn it, you guys still credit like do you not see it? Like do you not understand? But because it's sports, were like, yeah, but you're lost and you haven't been in the finals in eight years because it's sports, And so yeah, I do think there is I want to think about this more because you said it in real time, but I do think there is something really to that, and I think there is. I'm gonna start like looking at because you know, another guy who I think was as much as you can be in football, closer to artists than athlete, is my Palodell. I think there was a lot of like, yeah, look at this show I am putting on. Of course, look at what I can do that I have worked on and honed and the beauty of it. Yeah, And then but he's also a guy who never felt he was given a fair shake by the media, you know what I mean, who never felt it was that that that it was that he was covered fairly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think and I think about that a lot. With basketball, it is it's it's a canvas. There are players, you know, Michael had some kind of a almost mechanical.
Speaker 2: Mid range.
Speaker 1: Michael scored most of his points on two to three moves. Kobe was more artist. He had a side of the key he liked. But now Michael and Kobe both Michael would do these flips over his head or the switch hands. But Michael really scored. Michael really his game was not mechanical is the wrong word.
Speaker 2: He was sategic.
Speaker 1: It was really strategic. It was really efficient. It was really remarkable, and Michael would just go back to what he did over and over. By the way, I would compare Michael to Mahomes, there is absolute artistry, but Mahomes is better today than four years ago. For the same reason Michael was better his second three pete than his first is that he took the layups and he had great discretion on use of energy. Like Michael knew hold it off.
Speaker 2: He really.
Speaker 1: Actually it's almost like a kid. When kids are eight, you just they have a biting stage, they have a punch the sister stage. It's all inappropriate, but they have so much energy they can't control themselves. Michael came into the league. He could have scored sixty at nine, and he wanted to I always call you have the show off stage, the title stage, and the mogul stage, and you can't stop here. Lebron used to chase people down on Tuesday games in Denver and block a ball off the backboard. It meant nothing. It was the show off stage. Look at my gifts. But Michaels and Mahomes now take the laps. They can serve energy. Like Patrick could run all the time. He runs on third and one or fourth and one in the fourth quarter. He could do that all game.
Speaker 2: So that is so that is, and I know we're going along so we can wrap the But I do wonder of all the things that people could learn from Mahomes. I don't know why more quarterbacks haven't copied his situational running. You might not be able to listen the kid played baseball as dad was a baseball player of the arm Angles, or you know, there's only probably five quarterbacks in the league if that who can throw it as far as him. He has a I don't remember the word for it. It's like something it's not photographic. It's like didactic. I think memory as far as like his ability to there's certain things, but what is copyable is the understanding of the riskiest thing I can possibly do is run. It is also wildly effective, and I am going to recognize that both of those things are true. And so I am basically never going to do it on first or second down, and I am not even going to do it on third down if it's early in the game in the regular season. But that then also means teams are slightly less prepared for it when I do it, and I am more one hundred percent, or even two years ago when he had the bad ankle, I am more I have a couple bursts in me to make sure I get where I need to get to. And it just seems like because I think Mahomes is a good athlete. I obviously he's a good athletes, but I'm saying I think he is a better athlete than people think because he's never caught man he when is the last time Mahomes chose to run in a big spot and didn't get where he was trying to get to, Like, And so now, if you ran all the time, it would happen all the time. And maybe Josh Allen's a unique case because he's bigger than everybody, so we can deal with it. But I just think more of those guys. I also think that, you know, I was skeptical of Jade and Daniels because he's he's one hundred and ninety pounds, one hundred and ninety five pounds. I also think there is something too that picture of Mahomes with his shirt off, where it's like, oh, that's actually what your quarterback should look like. I have a little extra, you know, like the and I understand Brady in his later years looked more chiseled.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's much more chiseled now than he was as a player.
Speaker 2: Correct, exactly right. It's like, no, I'm gonna have muscle underneath a layer of protection almost, you know what I mean. And I think that is uh. I think that's smart.
Speaker 1: Like I don't called it pudding, he said, like brock Hewart's a friend of mine. Brock couldn't put on weight, and he's like skinny quarterbacks like Matt Ryan tried to put on weight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know who had it too? Was Peyton? Yeah, Peyton? You know what I mean? Peyton? Was you ever seen Peyton in person? Peyton's you realize how big these damn quarterbacks are. But Peyton when he was playing wasn't like, you know, like bodybuilder type. He had a layer of protection and.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and it also what matters to you? I said this, I called an NFL head coach on Will Levis's combine when he was wearing a shirtless yes ripped. It was very Brady Quinn and I said, I'm out on him. And he goes call this NFL head coach successful coach, he said, Colin, it was the talk of a road trip me and the GM went on recently. That was the talk of the he cares deeply about. His girlfriend was beautiful. He's a good looking guy, big man on campus in Kentucky at basketball school. He's the football star Will Levis's I'm going to show you my build, literally a successful GM and coach said they went on a drive and that it was the topic of conversation like he's got the wrong priorities.
Speaker 2: On that note, and we can, you know, leave it at this. I am shocked. So I don't know if you saw this reporting, but Spencer Rattler evidently was on a Netflix dock six years ago when he was in high school. Did you see any of this column? Okay, so there was a Lebron's company produced a Netflix documentary called QB One and it was basically they followed around I didn't see it some top high school quarterback prospects on their journey, you know what I mean? Like, what's it like to be one of the top prospects in America as a sixteen year old sixteen? And evidently Spencer Rattler was a real dick as a kid, was mean to his backup quarterback, was a bit of a bully, was kind of like your stereotypical mean, popular jock. And Ian Rappaport reported that multiple teams brought it up to him before the draft, like yeah, we just we and it's like, dude, this guy was literally sixteen years old, Like I don't know, man, like, please don't use against me in a job interview. How I treated like come on, and so so here's why I bring that up. I don't even care about Spencer Ratler in that art. I am shocked no one has talked about what Shador Sanders and to be fair, Dion have been doing these last couple of days, just punching down in guys that left the school. And if you're Dion, and I have massive respect for Dion in general. But if you're Dion, it's like, man, this guy was one of your players, and you're like, where are your stats at? Like you are one of the most famous athlete coaches in America and this is a twenty year old Like that doesn't seem right. But then shador like buddy, people are talking about use the number one pick of the draft, and you're on Twitter just shit talking guys like I can't imagine that's not going to be a problem in a year. Oh, I just can't.
Speaker 1: It's already being discussed. It's absolutely being discussed in the league. It's not a good look at all.
Speaker 2: That's what I think. I just I think, like, listen, any position other than quarterback, I don't think people would care. Same Travis Hunter, who's going to be a top ten pick on Colorado.
Speaker 1: I almost like it from an edge rusher, I want you to be obnoxious, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's certainly a corner like there are a certain spot, you know what I mean, Like Travis Hunter, like corner wide receiver. It's like, Okay, the guy's a little out of his mind, you know what I mean? Maybe you know talks in the third person. Great, love it. I've actually seen that archetype go to the Hall of Fame, fair or not. And again, I'm not even saying it's right. What I am saying is if Spencer Rattler can fall a full round as rap report was sawing about because of how he acted as a junior in high school, yeah, then what are these same teams going to be saying about someone who knows they're a potential top ten pick? Yeah in twelve months. It just seems wild. Nick.
Speaker 1: It's a glaring lie of self awareness. It's really bad. It's being discussed, and I think it's the difference between going one and fifteen.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean. So that's what I'm talking about. And I want to be very clear here because I'm not trying to be the old man yelling the cloud saying. I'm not even arguing that it is one should care about this at all. I'm saying all of NFL history tells me a lot of teams do. A lot of teams one hundred percent do care about this, and it just seems risky. And the difference, by the way, between going one and going fifteen, it's not just I don't even care about the dollar amount of the first contract, But it does have a lot to do with how if you're not good early, how much margin of error do you get to hell of a lot easier to move off from Kenny Pickett at fifteen or Mac Jones at fifteen, then it is from a number one pick you know what I mean somebody, And so I just find that a little God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it hasn't made the show because the NBA playoffs have been so good and the NFL is so big, but it's it is something I've noticed and thought, eh, don't do that.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny. It hadn't made our show either, but today I mentioned it during commercial break. I'm like, it gonna sounds silly. I was like, I think what I said was, I think we're two tweets away from this being a top two more tweets, and I think it's enough for us to put it in the show. Yeah I do.
Speaker 1: Nick Wright, as always money, thanks buddy.
Speaker 2: Absolutely great time talk to you letter the volume.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for listening. If you've enjoyed the podcast, take a moment rate and review