Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. Breakfast Club, Morning everybody, It's dj NV, just hilarious, Charlamagne the gud We are the Breakfast Club. We're taking your calls. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. We were talking about this woman who hosted Thanksgiving dinner at her crib. She said last year it cost her over five hundred dollars and she couldn't afford it. So this year she did spaghetti. So we're asking eight hundred five eight five, one oh five to one, what are your thoughts on that? What do you think? Jeff?
Speaker 2: I know some people probably got there like is this a baby shower?
Speaker 3: Like, you know, cause spaghetti, spaghetti.
Speaker 1: It's so mad. I expected a spread.
Speaker 3: I get it. This is the thing. I would have been mad.
Speaker 2: She could have told them before they got there, to be honest with you, I mean, because maybe she did not have it, yo, Like, to be honest, spaghetti, that's a struggle. That was a struggle meal like growing up for around my way, you know what I'm saying. And I feel like if she didn't have it, she just didn't have it. Why didn't y'all bring food?
Speaker 3: Or she could? But she could have told them that before they got there.
Speaker 2: Only thing y'all gonna be eating this spaghetti, Like if y'all can pitch in and help me cook or help me buy stuff, that's better.
Speaker 4: But I never looked at spagetti as a struggle mill. I looked at it as a delicacy. That was a gomet meal with two pieces.
Speaker 3: Of white bread and some corn. Then it's not spaghetti no more. That sounds like.
Speaker 4: Spaghetti and some corn on the side. You know what I'm saying, corners the side of some white bread.
Speaker 3: We were struggling, so we didn't have the coin. We just had Yeah, we just had the noodles and we had ground noodles and butter.
Speaker 1: Just noodles and butters and struggle milk.
Speaker 4: But if you got the noodles and the sauce, some white bread and corn, h that's.
Speaker 1: A full course. Mill. I don't eat red sauce, so I eat spaghetti with butter. That's that's that's what I like. I don't eat spaghetti. I don't eat design you little butter. I'm good, Okay, that's a kid.
Speaker 3: I was struggling.
Speaker 1: It wasn't struggling. I just didn't That's just what you'll like, yeah.
Speaker 5: You keep forgetting that he's he's I am blackposed the picture my dad.
Speaker 1: They was like, you must be adopted. No, I'm black.
Speaker 3: Messed up, you might be adopted, not adopted.
Speaker 1: I'm black telling you, yeah, I'm black.
Speaker 5: He's like us, I'm about to see defamation.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: Who's this? Hello? Good morning? Hey? What's uping?
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 7: Oky? I didn't even know y'all had connected. Man in the morning, going to teach to the god. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Game?
Speaker 3: Peace?
Speaker 1: How are you? How are you feeling?
Speaker 7: SEEZ I'm good, bro, I'm good man.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: What's lawding that?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: She's flowing around.
Speaker 8: Yeah, shout out the Lord.
Speaker 7: Man, that's my girl.
Speaker 9: I was enjoining her.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 8: But look right, what's something like scaring?
Speaker 3: Peace?
Speaker 1: Peace?
Speaker 7: Peace? But uh, tell them the ass home?
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: You know they're not grateful, thankful to keep dance on.
Speaker 8: You're not keep your asshome, man.
Speaker 7: That's how I'm looking at it. Man, Family is everything. I think you're coming over to celebrate family GIF thanks all crazes. You know what I mean. You can't contribute, you know, like.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: It's about family. If you get all the food stuff is the fact that you got family alive and healthy and together. That's the most important thing.
Speaker 4: Given what you mean, it's given. The most important thing is the food. But you know, the family to get food, but you should eat. That ain't true, y'all, y'all don't. Y'all don't want to sit around staying in each other face, starving.
Speaker 9: Y'all don't like.
Speaker 1: Each other that much. But I do feel like you should cook what you can afford.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You don't got to jump out the window.
Speaker 3: And in this case, that's what she did.
Speaker 1: That's right, Brittany.
Speaker 3: At least you do turkey ground Thanksgiving turkey ground meat.
Speaker 1: Jesus, good morning, Brittany. What your thoughts?
Speaker 7: My thoughts is to walk in on Thanksgiving and to see spaghetti. Uh, that's kind of disrespectful. If she needed help, she could have asked someone to bring the dish. Everybody understand that times is hard, but to sit up there and to just search spaghetti and to not even give the option to offer to help. If I walk into spaghetti or Thanksgiving, I'm knocking it over because what is now?
Speaker 1: We fight in how you know?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: My mama, Ma, my mama's pagetting when I was fighting.
Speaker 7: We're not fighting nothing. I'm knocking it over because you should have asked for help. It's about being thankful. It's a family thing. We also have contributed and came together. Don't just take it for yourself to ruin everyone's Thanksgiving because you broke She just.
Speaker 2: Damn yeah, she definitely stuff.
Speaker 9: Absolutely not.
Speaker 7: I have a deep and rasty y'all got a lot of that trying to step for me.
Speaker 1: Did you see him? You see that?
Speaker 4: Just identifying you as a stud for no damn reason.
Speaker 7: Nobody, No, y'all, just trying to sip for me. I live in Detroit.
Speaker 4: We got to know.
Speaker 7: It's like twenty three degrees. I gotta I'm not I'm not a I'm just a stick with a little rafty boy.
Speaker 3: It's my bad. He's right, right. You give a profile and people you know, I'm snicking in Detroit, enabling people out here.
Speaker 1: I'm bad. Okay. She was just so aggressive.
Speaker 3: Just assume she got I was gay and they said I was the man when.
Speaker 7: Given I'm exactly aggressive. But Thanksgiving is my favorite, So to disrespect one of my favorites, it's.
Speaker 1: Got to go there. The phone didn't even hang up on it.
Speaker 4: Thanksgiving is one of our favorites because we like food and we like fellowship.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's the reason it ain't because of I don't even know.
Speaker 1: What the hell thanks give. I don't know what the meaning of things. I don't know either, But I love the fact that family come, we watch the game, we played cards, we played board games. That's what it's about. Who cares about the food? Eight hundred No, the food.
Speaker 4: Is the most important thing next to the family. I'm saying, who cares about the food? Because if you didn't care about the food, you have your family, nobody else.
Speaker 1: You talk eight hundred five eight five, one oh five on a magic on a Thanksgiving dinner, and when you get there, it's only spaghetti. How you feeling, Let's talk the morning.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's a turkey and the spaghetti turkey ground turkey.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 1: It just looks like spaghetti spahetti. We'll talk. That's the breakfast local morning. Warning everybody and see j Env Jess, Hilarie Chelamane, the God. We are the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: If you're just joining us, we're talking about this woman who said she wasn't paying for Thanksgiving dinner anymore. She said last year was over five hundred dollars, she couldn't afford it, So this year she did spaghetti. So we're asking eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five to one, what are your thoughts? We got the pre on the line, the pre good morning whatever.
Speaker 7: Breakfast up you morning man.
Speaker 9: This is a pretty one on the baskets.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 9: We are not doing spaghetti at the Thanksgiving dinner table.
Speaker 6: The Pilgrims was not even forgetting.
Speaker 9: Man, we're throwing it away.
Speaker 3: Damn not, Damn. You're just gonna wait. She already broke. You're gonna waste the food that she struggled to buy.
Speaker 7: No, we can help out. Now, we can help out.
Speaker 1: You gotta say something.
Speaker 9: We canna help out. But we is not baked beans and spaghetti. I think getting no, Bro, you messing up the whole menu.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 9: We need the HEM, we need to holler greens, we need the YM, the candy yms.
Speaker 7: At day you said to put some Mark Love candy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they must know the whole She should have.
Speaker 2: Said something, Yeah, she just should have said something. Now if she do you have at least a little bit of understanding toward the fact that that's the only thing that she could afford.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I mean, and she can afford something different, you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Bring some fruit? You know what I mean?
Speaker 9: Ye need some fruit? But forget it. Yeah, no, no, you're trying to do something quick and easy. We need you to get the kitchen. Okay, get the kitchen. I appreciate though.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 8: Hey? This is bribab from.
Speaker 4: What part of South Carolina you call it from?
Speaker 6: Most going for three?
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 1: I was there last week.
Speaker 8: I know I missed it, but I know, great job.
Speaker 3: So what you think you talk to us?
Speaker 8: So I'm just applying to her for bringing the family together. Had we the known, I would have run a dollar bread. Somebody should have brut meat balls or something.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 8: But the fact that she did that and her family was together, that's all accounts.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: But like you're saying, nobody hurting, nobody eating hemp, so so many left overst what she had to do.
Speaker 3: Now, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 1: Why did you didn't do a potluck?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: We ain't.
Speaker 4: I'm not just thought about that why didn't do a pot up?
Speaker 9: Everybody?
Speaker 3: Everybody bring a little dish.
Speaker 2: I literally said that you did the last ten minutes. Yeah, And I'm like, why you said like ten minutes ago, right, Like, why didn't.
Speaker 3: Just bring food? Like that's dumb?
Speaker 1: He who's this?
Speaker 9: This is Lamar, Lamar?
Speaker 1: What's up? Where you calling them from?
Speaker 9: I'm calling from Jersey?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Talk to us.
Speaker 9: Yeah, be honest with you, Like, if there's no food, it's different ways you can look at this. If she cooked the spaghettis from scratch, I'm kind of good with that, you know what I mean. If she gave me like Raby oldies or anything like that, then I'm gonna have to ask questions like are you being funny? Yeah, you know what I mean? Or maybe you're being creative. I don't know aving out there, I don't know. You know what I'm saying. But at the end of the day, she got some food on the table, that's right, That's right, And it's about being a thankful for the fact that she got food on the table.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 9: I'm with you know what I'm saying. And Christmas is coming up, so that like you know, November things give us like the buffer. You don't want to spend too much money on that holiday. You gotta save all that for Christmas.
Speaker 1: You gotta get the gifts for Christmas for the kids.
Speaker 3: You're right, I do you feel me?
Speaker 9: So it was like, I'm good, I'm not spending that bread. I'm spending the bread for Christmas.
Speaker 4: I do wonder why she didn't tell the rest of the family though she spent five hundred dollars the previous year and she didn't have it to spend this year.
Speaker 3: Why not just say that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why not just tell the folks like, hey, man, you know, things tight. The cost of everything is up.
Speaker 3: That's the only thing.
Speaker 4: So y'all gonna have to chip in, or y'all gonna have to bring your own dishes if you're gonna have things giving dinner.
Speaker 2: She should have said something, because I ain't gonna lie if I walk in the house and I only see spaghetti, I'm like, yo, damn, I had my mouth set on turkey wings and all that, like, and you only got spaghetti. So and must go to her house every year, like she mustn't be the one that always holdts.
Speaker 3: But she ain't having this year matters?
Speaker 1: If that's a mother in law. Though, you go to your mother in law's house, you walk in into this spaghetti. Damn and also too.
Speaker 4: Now you're realizing why those turkey drives and those food drive is why they mean so much during this time of year, because people don't be having.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's go to one more caller. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: I eat it from North Carolina?
Speaker 1: Hey, I eat it from North Carolina. How you feeling?
Speaker 7: I'm great?
Speaker 6: A couple of works.
Speaker 1: Good? Now what's your thoughts? Now you get to you get to the house. It's only spaghetti there. What you how you feeling so?
Speaker 6: Yes, I would be upset by the same time. Yes, groceries do cost money. And then if you really want me to cook that bad, then just pick in everybody you know, family coming over, Give me about thirty fifty bucks, pus family, and I'll make something happen.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, thank you?
Speaker 6: You welcome your you too.
Speaker 1: Now what's the morrol of the story?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: Do what you can, but definitely look out for your family. Help your family. You feel me, don't don't don't.
Speaker 3: Be upset about don't get too upset about it.
Speaker 2: Like you said in my opinion, Thanksgiving is about coming together, you know, like you said, the fellowship. I take both of what y'all said and put it together. Yeah, it's about food. It's about the fellowship. It's about the family and what you're most grateful and thankful for.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 4: And if you don't have gratitude, like if you go to somebody's house and you you like, oh, so you got a spaghetti, you turn your nose up at it, You're missing the whole reason for the season. Isn't it about gratitude?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Thanks, and not only that, And that's why you know, in this time of the season, it's always a blessing to be able to give back. And that's why those turkey drives, those food drives where people get those fools. I know a lot of time they be like they just doing a turkey drive. But as you can see that that is well needed at times where people can't afford it. So if you can make sure you do give back, or even if you just can just go to those events and be a volunteer as well. And we got just.
Speaker 2: But yeah, not for real and for real, but also not the mortar. The story is they could have went to Golden correl this year. Yeah, this year they did it the first time doing that where they had Thanksgiving dinner and it was like discounted crazy turkey, yams, everything like traditional.
Speaker 3: Thanksgiving soul food. They had that.
Speaker 2: So if somebody come to my house, oh yeah, you only got to seget to take yours down the street.
Speaker 1: Because how much you think of because they got everything there they got, they got.
Speaker 3: And you could have taken and you can take it to go. You could have took it to go. You couldn't have sit there.
Speaker 2: I mean you didn't have to sit there if you didn't want to, but you could have took it to go.
Speaker 3: Commercials was all over the place for that.
Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning Breakfast Club,