Speaker 1: The nick Ki Gliser Podcast. Nick Glaser here, I am welcome to the Nicky Glaiser Podcast. We are live from the Big Game.
Speaker 2: That's right, the Big Game, Big Game.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we can say what it is, Yes we can.
Speaker 3: I think I can, But you guys, can.
Speaker 1: You tell us what we're live from. This is Dan Hans is from the podcast Around the NFL.
Speaker 2: You can't say NFL, yes, it can't be the big League.
Speaker 1: One of my dear friends from early on in my life, early on in my career. We've been friends, maybe almost going on twenty years, let's round up to twenty fifteen, fifteen years I've known this man and he is the host of or Around the NFL. He's here for as our first guest today.
Speaker 2: That's right, hopefully one of many.
Speaker 3: Right, You're not legally cleared for Around the NFL. So in the vicinity of football.
Speaker 1: Podcast, Dan hanss. What's up?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 3: II So awesome to see you guys and and Nikki. Yeah, we said it when you were on our podcast Home and Home. Yeah, full circle moment, because we do go way back.
Speaker 1: We go so far back because I was Brian to just catch you up with how I know Dan. I was a fan of Dan's best friend Bob, because Bob I loved Best Week Ever. That's on VACH one. Course, when I was in college, Bob did the VH one blog for Best Week Ever, and he was one of the biggest bloggers there there were.
Speaker 2: I remember that my blog is poop.
Speaker 3: He had.
Speaker 1: Poop was what he had, and so he put his aim screen name on there. I put it on my buddy list, just as like a college kid who was a fan of this writing of this guy. Yeah, and he only had a picture of himself from behind, and I was like, what does this guy look like? So one night I was drunk, though, and I saw him sign on and I amed him and I was like, hey, I'm a fan, and then we became friends. I was in Kansas, he was in New York. I finally went to New York to go visit and I met him, and then I don't know if I met you on that trip, but then I met all of his friends, and you were one of those friends. And eventually Dan moved to LA when I was already there friends with Bob and all these guys. Bob ended up as the head writer on Not Safe, which Brian, you worked on Oh.
Speaker 2: Is that Bob Mob?
Speaker 3: Oh that's my best friend since nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, and you released the feature film Yes, falk of Dudes, Yes.
Speaker 1: Dudes and uh yeah, and Dan, I have a memory. Did you ever play rock band? That was like during the rock band we were like obsessed.
Speaker 3: With It was a very if you were twenty something in the late oughts and you had the ability to purchase that and have the system, you played it all the time. Where what so doroky? I think everyone stopped when they realized, like how ridiculous it was ultimately that you're holding fake instruments playing video games like Go Learn.
Speaker 1: Really sea on everyone.
Speaker 3: You're spending the amount of time that we were spending playing that game.
Speaker 5: Because yeah, we could have been in a real band. Yeah, well you could say about any game. You could be like, why are you playing Call of Duty? Get a real gun? Go to a rock wells.
Speaker 1: People always say that because I'm back into guitar hero it's come back around. Remember when we thing we used to say you know what's back? What were we say? You know what's coming back?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: We would see like groovy baby, like we would always bring back. It's back back rock band, Guitar Hero. Tempo based games are back. My boyfriend got me Guitar Hero for Christmas because we just it was in the lobby of a hotel that we were staying at. Yeah, and we had so much fun just playing one song, and so he got it for me for Christmas. We are legit addicted again. It is so fun and I just don't I can't believe it fell off. We've got all the games Pigs, warp pigs. Yeah, I'm all these new songs. Do you know what song I just learned through Guitar Hero two thousand and eight whatever game this was that I never was into at the time, but it's like my favorite song right now. I'm really embarrassed. No, okay, you can get you can get it, Okay. It was like I'm not I'm just gonna give it to you. Killing in the name.
Speaker 3: Of oh right, it's so yeah, yeah, is that the fuck you? You can't do it? I won't do what you tell me song? I won't do what you That was a great song to go like off to yes and that I think And you play guitar and you're an actual musician, do you get a you get a similar rush when you you would hit the chords in the.
Speaker 1: Better rush in the video game. You really feel like you're in it and you feel and and it will mute the sound if you miss the thing you feel.
Speaker 5: Like and you won't laser sound.
Speaker 1: It really feels good and I love it and and I really recommend people getting back into it. I really want it to be so big again that they start making, you know, versions or a guitar hero.
Speaker 3: I was trying to be cool there, but the more I think about it, we were so into it and there was camaraderie to it like there was. We had the whole setup.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: We had the drum kit, two guitars, and the mic with the mic stand. It was like, first of all guys near it's hied this when other people are out, when they would come out, we would have a good time party.
Speaker 1: I remember Dan you famously, and I have used this term for so long after it in two thousand and eight, I want to say I'd just become friends with Amy Schumer. In the past year. Amy Schumer and I share a birthday. She was in town in LA during our birthday and the only place I knew to have a birthday party. Was the house that Dan lived in with all these guys. It was they lived across the street from Lindsay Lohan during her lesbian days.
Speaker 2: Oh those are the best days.
Speaker 1: It's up on El Centro if you're El el Contento. Sorry. And it was so big, it was so nice. I never I still don't know anyone with a houseless nice Yeah, I never got.
Speaker 3: Now that I live in is probably a quarter of the subsis.
Speaker 1: It was so nice. And so you guys threw a party for me and Amy for are conjoined birthdays. We had so many people there. I remember, you know, Eric Andre was there.
Speaker 2: Eric Andrey has been to my house.
Speaker 5: I didn't get to ask him about it when he was on the podcast.
Speaker 1: The story was we were having Eric Andry on the podcast and Brian was like, oh, I've got a great Eric Andre story. I can't wait to have him on and give me a little like teaser, a little old spoiler what happened. He's like, I'll just tell you the whole thing. I looked out my window one day down at the pool area. Eric Andrey is down there and I go, so what and he goes, that's it. You're not going to bring that up. He says, well, maybe there will be some context.
Speaker 2: I wanted to talk to him about it, see what his experience.
Speaker 1: He got nothing with that, But I will say this party was crazy and the next day I think people had to be kicked out. There was some fighting, there was just drunkenness. There's puking, there was stuff like that. But the next day Dan, for me, it was the first time I'd ever heard this term. And you know what I'm going to say, right, I actually don't so Okay, Well, still in the blank, Nikki, you're friends with a lot of blank starts with a J. There were too, but not dude. It is a is a creature that you would find in the Southwest scavenging running about.
Speaker 3: Uh, I could.
Speaker 1: Start with a jay. I don't know. No jackals, Oh, jack jackals is a term used.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: I remember laughing so hard and being so embarrassed that I had so many jackal friends. But I was so delighted that that was a term that uh.
Speaker 3: That you there were a lot of jackals. But I look back, I I have thought about that party before, because you know, you blew up after that, and Amy was just blowing up or about to blow up to you at that point, And I was like, how many actually like big time like comedy people were at that party that you know later became more well known. Yeah, probably pretty I think that was like a place to be that night, and how are good nights?
Speaker 1: It's good nights. But now we're here at the.
Speaker 3: Now all the fund's gone. Now we're left with reality.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're past the hump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're we're in this. So if you haven't heard the hum of a bunch of people behind us, that is we're in an area.
Speaker 5: What is this center at Mandalay Bay in the MGM world. This is the super Bowl Media Day, which happens one day before the Super Bowl every year as part of a huge week of media events. And nobody from the actual teams that are playing in the.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl is here today. They're all practicing.
Speaker 1: They were here a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, prior to today, they were here a lot.
Speaker 3: Now I feel weird. There's some information to clarify on that, you guys. I mean it's not quite media Day. Actually, Uh, there was media night opening at at like in a basketball arena, and now this is every radio show, every TV show, radio row it's.
Speaker 2: And it's not part of the Media Day franchise.
Speaker 3: No, that has now been spun out into its own universe. Okay, they do it at it at the basketball arena, but this is where everyone comes for the week and all the guests bunnel through here and you have to to do interviews. You guys might be doing something today where it's like before you actually can have a human conversations like so, why do you like Bounty howels so much? And then they go into a you know, twenty minute really a prepared statements together.
Speaker 1: Yes, there were. I was offered some and walking by and someone just was like, they go, do you want this? And it was like, is that a napkin? And it was a Bounty napkin? But they go, no, it's chicken wings. And I go, I'm vegan and they go, we have celery.
Speaker 3: You haven't lived until, like Kirk Cousins tells you, I can't throw a party with chicken wings unless I have my Bounty paper towels.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, all right, Kirk, yeah.
Speaker 3: I know that about it.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I went on a media tour I was doing it. I did a spot for some kind of gum tried it and Denteene or something way back when and just did a just a series of online commercials and then they had me do like a media day to go talk about those commercials. And I didn't know what it would really be. But one of those one of those interviews ended up being in the Taylor Swift documentary because I was doing so I sat down with this guy and he's like, tell us about what do you think about Taylor Swift. It was a BuzzFeed got one off thing and I just mouthed off, and then that ended up being in her documentary. Like Calamity, it was because of and I had really bad pits saints during it, and I thought it was like such a nothing interview, so I was just kind of making fun. I was like, you guys, I am pit sained out. So I did the whole interview like bent over like this because I called it out initially and I was like, this is so bad. So I was like doing the interview literally like this. So I'm like, she just has too many model friends. She's too like I was just so the clip I just look ridiculous, as I should because I shouldn't have done that. But this is a lesson Dan. I don't know if you are like a little bit tight lipped about maybe your opinions about some things when it comes to like a TV show you watch or a movie you watch. But I just saw a clip of Tina Feye this morning talking to less Culture Echas, which is a podcast on the iHeart Network the Big Money Players, which were a part of. She was talking to them about how you got You can't have opinions about things anymore if you want to be one of those if you want to be a taste maker, you can't go off about saltburn because you might work with someone who made saltburn. And then Io from I don't know her last name, she was in the Bear. She did snl and and mouthed off about j low. Did you see that she talked about jail She is now eating crow because she said those things. And I was just like, I have so many things to haunt me in the future if I work with impressive people, because I do have opinions about things, and so you just have to get like you have to just not talk anymore about what you really know.
Speaker 5: What you do, you say whatever you want? Well get Yeah, I guess you're right if you might work with them in the future, but like.
Speaker 1: You could work with anyone in the future, you could host s and l with anyone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, well what if you say something negatively about a football player?
Speaker 3: We had we had a memorable thing for us when we were kind of the podcast was getting going, we were starting to get an overseas following. We're like, oh, we can actually maybe go to London and have a trip and maybe do a live show. We were so excited about it. Yeah, and then we we had a It was a wretched boss. He was He was just mean jackal the very the term in the dictionary would be right next to him, this person anyway, so we did, uh, we did kind of like a bit on the show making fun of JJ Watts's new clothing. Want Wow, I even dip my voice because like, I hope he doesn't hear it. In trouble again, you're like inadvertently cracked. Yeah, and his manager heard it and like put it up the flag, hold NFL and this boss said, you know what, You're not going to London now, and then had someone from the desk do a transcription of the podcast and basically read it out to us like we were little boys. Now, it's not exactly what you're saying, but that's in general, especially when what you do with podcasts, like you're just speaking like off the cuff and you kind of end up parking yourself in dangerous culs to sacks, like people will.
Speaker 1: Hear it like there's something And that's what I think the joy the appeal is of a podcast is it feels so personal. It feels like you're kind of in the room with people. Fly on the wall listening club. Yeah, we have like one podcast that's like has a pay well behind it and that's where we really talk some ship.
Speaker 3: But it's nobody can ever like put that No they could behind it.
Speaker 5: I don't think that JJ Watts agent could afford the five dollars to find that information.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's but then if you just if you just like everything, So, yeah, you got to fix some things that you don't like. But I'm also willing to admit that I I don't keep I can. I can change my opinion about things very quickly, Like Travis Kelsey had a total turnaround. I was really annoyed with when he made the Friendship bracelet and got all those headlines about making the French place. I thought it was a yeah, because I didn't know who he was. I didn't know his intent, and I didn't know he actually wanted to date her, and like was a fan and was going to the show as a fan. And then I did a whole one eighty because not only did I think that was so tacky at first and so lame, and like, who do you think you are that she would even meet you after a show? She doesn't meet anyone. She has a preserver voice. She's doing three sold out shows where she was three and a half hours of singing constantly. She's not on the sidelines ever, She's the whole thing. And you are like, she didn't get to meet me afterwards, it's not fair. I was like everything about this I hate, Like why do you think she would ever meet you? And then she ends up dating him and I remember the rumors and I was like no, because I've been so vocal about how annoying that was. But then I totally turned around because he he pursued her hard, and you know, like that is actually the cool thing about it is that he had the confidence and.
Speaker 5: The like a white man in the fifty five, Yeah, he just went after it didn't let.
Speaker 3: Out like Don Draper courting the substitute teacher, and like it was just he was gonna make it happen. He was so driven by it.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he I just thought it was cute and he wasn't scared to look stupid. I thought, I thought at first it was like I want to look cool. But the truth was he was not scared to look stupid, and that such an attractive thing and really only something that someone who's so successful like that can do.
Speaker 3: I think there was a strategy there too, like he kind of because this is a guy that's his whole life. It's been green lights he's and he deserves it. He's a charismatic, good looking guy, star athlete.
Speaker 2: He got problems in high school, he did he did well, he had well.
Speaker 3: I know he in college at Cincinnati, I know he had.
Speaker 2: Some he almost got cut from the team and then his brother stuff and whoa.
Speaker 3: But but I think the aw shucks thing was a new a new one in his playbook because Taylor was bigger. And one thing I want to say, does it because I like the pairing too, and I think it's authentic and I hope they go the distance. Do you ever think about the old tweets?
Speaker 2: Thought Travis tweets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can we talk about the tweets just a little bit. Okay, so we swept under the rug.
Speaker 1: Now we really forgot about them, and sometimes we get referenced. I'm aware squirrel, the way he spelled squirrel gets referenced a lot of.
Speaker 3: Smart, like sophisticated.
Speaker 2: He spelled squirrel wrong.
Speaker 1: You know, she doesn't fuck a rut, she doesn't mince words, she doesn't. Yes, it's and his tweets are. I just think back. They were ten years ago and he was just probably getting a little bit of a following. He was excited about it, and it was a different time where we would we would be like, hey, I'm about to eat a sandwich, like we would just that kind of suff But now we look back and we go, that's so mundane. Why would you tell people?
Speaker 2: Now you got a video it write it.
Speaker 3: It's a wild spelling though of squirrel, just wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. I think there's a w in it.
Speaker 2: He really couldn't figure.
Speaker 1: Out it was real.
Speaker 3: It's really it wasn't dropping an r it's it was a little bit more.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and some of those yeah, I think he made fun of some people in those but I don't think there was a single person who didn't make a fat joke.
Speaker 3: Sure ten years ago, I don't. I'm saying it's not a deal breaker for me, but I do think about it sometimes.
Speaker 1: How could you not? How could you not? And how could she not?
Speaker 5: And but Travis Kelcey is not going out there trying to say that he's some kind of academic genius. So it's like he's a football player, like can't spell squirrel?
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 1: You got to ask, like, what's your favorite song of hers? And like, okay, so you don't know. You probably don't know our discography, but I know I am. You were dating Taylor Swift. Okay, So if you were answering that question about someone who everyone knows is your girlfriend, what would you say, Like, what is the kind of song you would pick to say the answer?
Speaker 3: I would go with like a romantic deeper.
Speaker 1: Cut, right, exactly, you go with a deeper cut.
Speaker 3: I'd pick one that's not connected to one of her past loves you. That's be strategic about it. Yeah, tough.
Speaker 1: He went with Anti Hero, which.
Speaker 3: I think is little service.
Speaker 1: It might be his favorite song. So maybe it just might be the truth, but it's a little lazy. It's like when I I was working with the Backstreet Boys, and I am so sad about this moment. It was two Decembers ago, but then Nick Carter got in some trouble and they shelved the Christmas special. Oh bummer, there was a resurfacing of some kind of incident that happened with him twenty years prior, and they go, we can't all wrong, yeah, real Jackalie, And so they shelved it. But I was They asked me, we were doing like just a we were improving this scene, and they were like, and I was pretending to be a huge fan, but I'm not or whatever, and they go, what's your favorite song? And I really wanted to, like think of a good one, but I I just was like, Backstreets show me the meaning of being lonely. Like it's just it's so embarrassing to say the thing that everyone knows. And I thought he could have come up with a better one than that. But maybe that really is his favorite song, anti Hero. I don't know. I don't know, but what I do know is that Brian and I belong here today. I was thinking, as I have a trouble feeling like why, I keep saying why am I here? Because I don't. I just learned about football this year, and I've been kind of like scared of it beforehand, and I feel out of place, and I still do. But Brian reminded me that we have a podcast where he is a huge football fan and I'm the biggest swiftie and this is really the culmination of those two things.
Speaker 5: We've been talking about football all year. The fact that a super Bowl pretty good, so it did work out. I don't know why I'm here, but it makes sense that you're here.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm so glad you're here. You need to be here for my spine.
Speaker 3: To help you. Nikki, this will make you feel better, please. Zire Franklin is a great deep cut jersey to wear what he's wearing right now. Yeah, so that shows that gives you legitimacy. Is like, Oh, if Franklin.
Speaker 2: Jersey, that's right.
Speaker 5: If Zire Franklin didn't get injured for one game this year, he would have been the leading tackler in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Respond to that, I'm saying, that's great, Like he could have went with a bait. He could have went with an Andrew luck Old Jersey or Eton Manning Marvin Harrison, but going deep cut up of a linebacker. That shows that you're with somebody that knows ball. So everybody, because I get imposter syndrome here too, because it's basically everybody in my industry that knows more than me about football is all here at the same time.
Speaker 2: So just like, all right, whatever, Now, how do they know more than you about football?
Speaker 1: Like just in terms of like.
Speaker 3: Such a well, we were talking about it on another show.
Speaker 2: He's only around the NFL.
Speaker 3: They're in the NFL, right in the vicinity of football, right, Sorry, But no, like the football, the sport is so nuanced that even people like me who follow it, unless you really have an eye for it and you're like a tape dog and really dig into the newsha of it, it's kind of a gate there's a little gatekeeper to it. And I'm not one of those people. I like the game for the storylines and I just drive the conversation and I love football and I can't wait for Sunday. But there's different levels to knowing the game, which is why how intimidating could be for someone from the outside to try to learn the game. I guess there's so much so advanced.
Speaker 1: It's like learning Mandarin. I really don't and you look around you go, how many How can so many people understand this? It really confounds me. But it's nice to hear that there's different tiers and that you also feel intimidating. I think it's exactly like it is to be a swiftye because there are some Swifties that are very familiar with her work and they go, I don't want to go to Aras because it's I don't know every word to that song. I don't know all the I didn't memorize the Cruel Summer Bridge, I don't belong. But it's like, no, we can all get along.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The NFL wants more fans, so they're happy that they're going.
Speaker 3: To be okay.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna be okay. Dan Hanss, thank you so much for being here with us to start out this. Okay, it's real. It really feels good, very fun, a.
Speaker 3: Friend here, happy to be here, and just to show my Swift bono fides. Yeah, Delicate is my favorite Taylor Swift song.
Speaker 1: That's wine it's top five. It's it's one of the best ever. Have you seen the music video?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh I love the.
Speaker 1: Video, one of our best videos ever. Okay, well, this is a great way to end this segment. Thank you so much. Dan hanss from around the NFL listening to this podcast. I was on it this today, so I take about that episode and we'll be right back after this. All right, we're back. It's then Eglazer podcast. We're here live from the super Bowl a couple of days before it, and we have two special guests. I'm sure they have no idea what they're on right now that you're just making the rounds, but I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: We're huge fans of the Nicky Glazer podcast. They listen every week.
Speaker 1: Been saying that they are the co hosts of the Second Act podcast on the NFL podcast Network. It is Charles you know Tellman and Roman Harper. Thank you you guys.
Speaker 3: We like to clap for people.
Speaker 6: Sorry, it's because words matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my thing.
Speaker 1: Hand handwords matter, you know what.
Speaker 7: Let me just go ahead and say it. Because Nikki, I'm a big fan of yours. I watch you all the time on YouTube. I think you hilarious. You talk about I said it things you talk about and you own it. I think it is absolutely and you think.
Speaker 1: It's a brain disorder that I'm able to do that because people go people are shocked by the things I say and I and I don't know why that it doesn't register me that it's shocking sometimes, but I really appreciate that. Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm looking I'm looking at you in real life. I'm like, tean really do all.
Speaker 1: That people don't.
Speaker 3: I'm looking like.
Speaker 1: I'm not like a I'm not like very promiscuous, but because I I'm not outside of a relationship and and when I'm not drinking and I haven't drink for eleven years, but yeah, I've got some history of that stuff, and I just when I have done it, the naughty stuff, I'm paying attention so that I can talk about it as if and then the way I talk about it, it's it could be one time I've done it, but in the way that I talk about it, it sounds like, oh, she must do this all the time. But I'm just paying attention during that one time that could have really only had sex one time and made four specials about that.
Speaker 8: An episode I need to listen to. Yeah, tell me, you gotta tell me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I do roast and then I do I have comedy specials.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, just I want to hear them from the dirt. Oh I got you episode two, season three?
Speaker 1: You need the time stamp?
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah right.
Speaker 1: How are you guys doing? How's this day for you?
Speaker 6: We've been pretty chilling right now.
Speaker 3: Yesterday was they they?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they got us good. Yesterday. We must have did about eight or nine podcasts.
Speaker 8: Oh jesus, we were cracking them things out like like a like a curveyor bell back.
Speaker 3: In the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how long you been doing second act for just our second season?
Speaker 3: Second season?
Speaker 6: This is my third season? Is his second season?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: It wasn't that good that first year, so they needed me. So I completely upgraded him and uh good now and.
Speaker 1: His friends from before the podcast.
Speaker 6: No to I literally just met him this year.
Speaker 5: Wait, wheren't you guys teammates?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, your teammates on the Panthers.
Speaker 8: So I made him better when I went to that team because we went to the super Bowl that year.
Speaker 6: When I got there, That is I upgraded him.
Speaker 3: That is true.
Speaker 7: I would say this though, is real funny because he and I first met it like this Christian conference, like way way back in and he thought I was way older, and he still thinks.
Speaker 6: I wonder why, but clearly I'm not.
Speaker 3: I mean, just look at it.
Speaker 6: It is good luck because like you just like someone's grandfather. Right now, you got a turn neck on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are wearing a turtle night. This is cold in here, though it's cold in Vegas. Yes, it is very but you have great You have gray.
Speaker 3: Hair, yeah, and I've had it since I was young.
Speaker 1: So that's I just heard that. Someone to me to ask you about it, and I was like, does he really want to talk about that? But I want to talk about it. When did you get great hair?
Speaker 7: So I got my first gray hair when I was going into the eighth grade.
Speaker 3: My Barbara told and.
Speaker 7: He was you know, I was always told if you cut it out grade, you know, like two of.
Speaker 2: Them grow social studies.
Speaker 3: Really And so then as I.
Speaker 7: Got older and I played more ball, I got you know, got to the league.
Speaker 3: Everybody's like, you're ever gonna die your hair?
Speaker 7: I'm like, I can't die because the people that know me would feel like.
Speaker 3: Men, oh you didn't got appear and changed on them.
Speaker 8: How much did I try to give you when I used to try to pay him thousands of dollars of dies hair And he was like.
Speaker 3: I can't. I just can't do it. I can't do it.
Speaker 6: I was like, I will give you five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I love to have something for Halloween.
Speaker 9: Just for Halloween.
Speaker 8: I'll give you five g's right now, room and de your hair black Beijing.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't even long. He's like, dude, do it for like two or three days. I'm like no.
Speaker 6: He was like, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: I can't do it because it's just too much upkeep. But you are just who you are and you've never had shame but it, and it makes you more confident to be a guy that gray hair and has no problem with it and isn't trying to deny it. It's like the coolest look you can.
Speaker 6: Have it is you blend in with your coat.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Graham Blue are running your family to have great hair, though you.
Speaker 7: Know and all honestly, I yes and no, but like my mom dies her hair, but I think she's like, all great, I'm sorry, she don't count.
Speaker 3: She don't cont moms don't count.
Speaker 2: Don't count what you're doing.
Speaker 7: My dad too, he's got great but like they're older, so they're supposed to. But yeah, I got it way earlier than everybody else.
Speaker 6: He was just a stressful kid.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Did you did you guys become friends on the team and like you can be friends with everyone on your team. Did you guys gravitate towards each other and like, was there a moment where you're like, oh, this is gonna be my dude?
Speaker 8: Uh well, we had met at po we met this Christian commerce, you met at poys.
Speaker 3: Then l I was probably twenty seven, I was probably.
Speaker 2: Are already in the league. In the league, it's not like a kid's thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we we hang out, kick it whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we weren't like cool like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So then fast forward twenty fifteen, I'm there.
Speaker 8: I'm like, oh yeah, rooms there, and then we just kind of we were the two oldest DB's in the room. Sure, we were too old, so I think complete. I think for that was why we I think bonded the most. We were the two oldest guys in the room.
Speaker 7: And then Peanuts, the guy in the room, and he's such a professional now, but in a meeting room session, like he's the worst because he like if he's something crosses his mind or somebody does something weird, he just blurt stuff.
Speaker 6: Out in the version of you, and so he's like it's just bad.
Speaker 7: Like coach is saying something really serious is like positive and like all this motivational stuff and Peanuts like just something like just random out of left field, just totally. It was just like all the time, I'm like peanut, Like, dude, that was under your breath.
Speaker 6: No, I say it very loud.
Speaker 1: You get in trouble, No, I.
Speaker 6: Don't get in No, I don't.
Speaker 1: And everyone they appreciate that.
Speaker 3: And they laugh, they do.
Speaker 7: He brought a fake alligator and like scared all the coaches one time. He like put it in Rob Ferris Frankster big time, yeah, big time.
Speaker 1: Of these pranks that are like you're planning months in advanced, weeks in advance, or are you someone that's little of this guy right now?
Speaker 6: A little bit of both.
Speaker 1: Into this bush or whatever, a little bit of what's a recent one that you're kind of proud of draft.
Speaker 6: I brought Hank with me. Hank is my rattlesnake and I brought him with Draft. I have a video. I'll show you.
Speaker 1: You can have a Yeah, I got its.
Speaker 6: Not real, id.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 6: I had it in my room at Draft. We was in Kansas City room.
Speaker 3: Walks in the room.
Speaker 8: I got my camera all strategically set up.
Speaker 6: And he opens the door and he was like ant.
Speaker 3: Because he like you in here? Oh my god. Yeah, but I ended up.
Speaker 1: You go because the snake was like right there in the kind of the rest of your hair turned grave being so scared. But do people have like fear around you because they know that you can bring that kind of stuff? Like have you ever scarred someone?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 8: I have scarred someone. Biz, I apologize if I tell this story. My neighbor back in like six she was getting ready to get in her uh she was. She started her car and it was like, I don't know, negative ten out in January when we're going to Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like five am.
Speaker 3: She's going to the city.
Speaker 2: I'm walking mynakes in her car. No.
Speaker 3: No, I got in the backseat of her car.
Speaker 8: Oh, I got it, I got it. Yeah, I got in a I got in the backseat of her car. And then she got in the car and I jumped out of the back seat. Was like, ah, she was shaking, literally like she had a seizure or something like.
Speaker 6: She was shaking shaking. Yeah, all day, and I didn't learn my lesson.
Speaker 3: I kept it going.
Speaker 8: So the next day she got smart, she got hold on you did it again. Oh so she was like twenty two. She had good lungs, she was good. She had a good heart. Yeah, she could take it. She had a good heart. So the next day she she was like, screwed. I'm just gonna get in my car cold. She didn't care. Yeah, she takes her key, sticks it in the door, and I ran up behind her. I put my hand over her mouth and I said, I put my hand over her mouth, and I said give me your money.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, she could have killed you.
Speaker 3: No she didn't. She did she Oh she paid.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 8: She was like, oh huh, I don't even think she smoked.
Speaker 6: She smoked a cigarette after that day. Oh my god, she's a chain smoker. Now she's a chain smoker.
Speaker 3: This is bad.
Speaker 2: Hey, Now she's gonna get set up for real. Someone's gonna pull her.
Speaker 5: She like, is it Tillman, Yeah, she's gonna go oh, be very afraid.
Speaker 6: Yes I have.
Speaker 8: And he almost got punched when he got me. Oh yeah, you can scare me, but just don't touch me when you scare me, because I'm I'm like, whoa, Okay, it's a prank.
Speaker 3: You got me?
Speaker 6: Ha ha he he.
Speaker 1: What is the peanut punch? We've been told about that.
Speaker 6: The peanut punch is just a.
Speaker 7: How would you describe it, bro, It's a maneuver that that Peanut kind of perfected as playing football, where guys when they're they're taught to hold the ball high and tight. Peanut learned a way to just like, even though I'm trying to tackle the ball, tackle the ball carrier, I just punched the ball and and like most people you talk to like strip at it or rip at it or come from different ways, Peanut just punched it, like right down and it just goes straight down.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: People use this, oh you.
Speaker 7: People reference it every week in football all over It was him.
Speaker 5: If you watch football any weekend of the year, Peanut Tillman will be a referenced at some point.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it's really cool.
Speaker 7: And look, I didn't realize it until you know, he became my teammate and he's great with his hands. He's always doing different hand hand combat, different things, really good with getting off blocks and using his hands. And so our dB coach is like, look, I've been around Peanut. You guys just got to keep running to the ball. He's just gonna punch the ball out. We never know what is going to happen. These guys are always trying to protect it. But he just he's just really good. Just just whenever he's around, just run.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 7: And it never failt not all that, but it's contagious. So he starts doing it, then everybody else just starts trying it, you know, like, oh, it's this opportunity. Paulsy like, oh this is a chance you could just just punch at the ball, And so everybody practices and the next you.
Speaker 2: Know, but not everyone's as good at it.
Speaker 3: No, he's mastered. He's way better than everybody else.
Speaker 1: God, that is what an accomplishment.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's pretty cool to invent. You basically invented a new move in the NFL that's now coined after you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty amazing. I mean, how many people have that?
Speaker 1: I'm so I don't I wouldn't know that.
Speaker 5: I mean the brotherly shove, which is basically Jason Kelsey's move.
Speaker 2: It's not named after him though, no, no, yeah, but you got the peanut punch. It's named after you.
Speaker 7: Completely named after him, and it's not even great examples of peanut punches, but people just say anytime the ball comes out, oh, it's just.
Speaker 1: That, and know and Tillman who created that. So great to meet you, guys, Thank you so much for being on the podcast. Thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Who are you guys taking for the game? Who you guys picking?
Speaker 1: I'm swift, so I want my girl to be happy.
Speaker 3: Can I just say this?
Speaker 7: I think I think Travis Kelsey's is the best she's gonna ever do I think she just go ahead just.
Speaker 3: Get it over with, have a baby?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's over.
Speaker 3: I think so too people. I tell people this year.
Speaker 6: Like, no, I agree, he ain't gonna find better.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's gonna find better.
Speaker 6: I don't six five swaggy swaggy brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, he can dance.
Speaker 1: Wrap it up too.
Speaker 3: Yeah like that.
Speaker 1: I love that, tell exactly as I am. All right, Thank you guys so much for being here. Check out their podcast. It's called the Second Ax Podcast. You guys are hilarious and so fun. Thank you what for doing.
Speaker 3: We're not better than you though, thank you.
Speaker 6: We'll be right back, Season two, episode three.
Speaker 1: Right, we're back live from the Super Bowl Niki Lazer Podcast, and we have with us. I'm so excited because I get really intimidated by uh sports players, and these guys are they do not play They might play sports recreations. I've intimidated in a different way, but one that I'm a little bit knowledgeable about. Our I'd like to think I am. We have the Avila Brothers with us. Who are there? You're performing in the halftime show with Usher?
Speaker 9: Yes, what we're performing and we also have produced this.
Speaker 1: You have to produce the half show with jay Z too as well. Right, isn't he produced?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, Okay, so he's been on one Zoom Call. His name's on it. That's so cool. So can you just to give us a little background about you guys, because I'm sorry I wasn't really familiar but until now, but your big deals? Tell us how you got started, how.
Speaker 2: You got how will fare?
Speaker 9: We're sort of a sort of yeah you are, So we're songwriters and producers and we've been working with Usher for about twenty years now. My god, we were introduced to Usher through Jimmy jam and Terry Lewis, who which were are? We call them our musical godfathers, and uh, you know, we've had a great run here in Vegas. We did the Caesar's Palace residency. We then moved over to Park MGM, and I think that's kind of been the tail of the tape of how we have ended up here at Super Bowl. And so super Bowl four months into the process.
Speaker 1: Of four months ago is when you found out you were doing it, or just that's when you decided.
Speaker 9: To start, when the will started turning, you know, pencil to paper, set list songs and all that, and so it's been intense, but uh, you know, we're beyond grateful and aestatic to be here. And oh my god, shout out to that Chief shirt. You're right a diehard Chief Chiefs fans. So we're Cali boys.
Speaker 3: We were.
Speaker 9: My father was a huge Montana fan and so when Montana left the forty nine Ers and went to the Chiefs, we followed him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so it's like it's the forty nine Ers and Chiefs it's like, what, you know, we don't hate on the Niners, but like we're cheese fans and we're not Locker Hopper, so we we just we're not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you guys gonna.
Speaker 1: Be able to enjoy the show though, because you or after the halftime show? Is it going to be like a release and then you can enjoy the game.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do the best we can.
Speaker 9: You know, we got TVs and set up in our area, but you know, we thought, you know, maybe we can sneak away and get in there, you know, get close to the seat or something. But I think we're gonna be so focused on halftime.
Speaker 1: How's it looking. Are you so excited we're coming to whips Masks?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: We're coming. It's amazing.
Speaker 4: And you know, I was watching you know, ESPN earlier and you know all the first taking all that stuff, and it's like the Chiefs are the underdogs and it's like, come on, guys, like they've been there a wild times and you've seen how they've been able to pivot from the postseason versus now like where they're at now in the playoffs now super Bowl.
Speaker 3: It's like the fact that.
Speaker 2: Their dogs is crazy. I mean, how could you against Mahomes in any circumstances. He just always wins.
Speaker 3: He's a winner.
Speaker 4: And you know, I think the crazy thing for us is, like last year, we were trying to figure out if we're going to go to the Phoenix and watch a Super Bowl. So I did one of those like kind of one foot in, one foot out, and Little John was performing at Gronkowski's casino pool party. And just to think we were there last year and now we're going to be on stage and producing the show and being in it, and we got our parents coming, our kids are coming in. I love your shirt because my daughter is a massive Taylor Swift fan. So she's a Swifty for sure. She's like, knows where she was born, all the songs and mom's name, you know, all those YouTube trivia. She's got it down cool. So her birthday in December was like a Swifty party. So I'm glad she's going to be here.
Speaker 1: My son, she's going to get to be four.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I mean.
Speaker 4: I attribute like our journey in music and how powerful music and how great me music has been to us to where we're at now, and it's that's that part of It is really truly exciting, like walking around here and you know we were introduced to you guys. It's like we're ihearted. It's like, oh, I think I've heard of you guys. Meet you guys. It's like it's a tribute to how powerful music is. And that's just the real the realness of being on the ground and being here and a part of the experience.
Speaker 2: And you know, it's not the Grammys.
Speaker 4: We love the Grammys. That represents, you know, music at a high level, but there's nothing like the super Bowl in the halftime show on Earth. And as Mexican Americans would be like, yeah, we're producing it and we're there. It's it's a testament to how powerful your dreams can take you and how powerful hard work is and where your gift.
Speaker 1: Can Where are we standing right now though, Okay, we're two days out. It's Friday, The game is Sunday, the show is Sunday. Do you have more rehearsal time or there? Are you? Is it locked in place? What you're doing? I actually know the editor, the editor who edited my special is editing the super Bowl halftime show. The director of the superwl Hopton Show, Hamish Hamilton was my director in front of him, but he was telling me, you know, the rehearsals like this is. This has been going for four months to prepare for this. It's the biggest show. Where do you is there still tweaks to be.
Speaker 4: Made before it is even answers. I stopped looking at my phone and I just asked him out, what are we doing today? Because it's been crazy, so you know he's.
Speaker 9: Been I'm just gonna say, it's not even about that. It's at the end of the day. As creatives, it's perfection. It's the process of perfection.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: When we started this thing, we had two targets we wanted to hit, and that's Prince and Michael Jackson. Yeah, that's where we want to be and we want to make sure we land in between those two names.
Speaker 1: So we're going to get it terrain and I know.
Speaker 4: So we had a conversation with God, but the stadiums closed.
Speaker 9: That's yeah, so that's the.
Speaker 3: Bar for us.
Speaker 2: You feel competitive with other halftime shows and yeah.
Speaker 9: You got to love me this is you know, and I always tell people like Usher is a musical athlete, you know, the process of that He's taken throughout the years to maintain his his his his knees and his and his movement and his flexibility and his voice, his voice.
Speaker 2: You know, he's a true man.
Speaker 3: He's a true student of the craft.
Speaker 9: And I think when you're around somebody like that that represents greatness, it spills over into other departments. And I think that's what also feels our inspiration, is by looking at how much of a student he is of music and the greats that he constantly studies. And so yes, it's like yo, it's it's it's balls to the wall, it's it's all or nothing.
Speaker 1: Is he someone that is uh? Is he very calm within all of this because he's just been doing it for so long? Is this something obviously matters enormously to him, But is this something that he's just like, Yeah, this is I belong.
Speaker 4: He's a he's a racquetball and a racquetball room. That thing that ball is just like pain really yeah, yeah, everywhere. You know, there's so many parts and elements of him as a creator that he just he just he don't sleep.
Speaker 3: It's all in his DNA.
Speaker 2: He's just built for it.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 9: I like what Rihanna said, I saw a really dope clip of Rihanna when they're asking her about you know, Usher and the super Bowl and and to her point, it's it's really what he was built for. He was built for that.
Speaker 1: Really, that's what it feels like. Yeah, this is his moment that's been a long time coming, and I think it's going to be. There's just so many Usher songs that you know, you know, but you don't remember that you know till you hear him. I think it's gonna be one of those moments where culturally we're just like people that are like, what's this going to be? They know every freaking song he's going to blow us away with dancing. He's going to look so timeless, so youthful, but also like youthful but with the experience behind it too. I think it's just gonna I think it's going to be such a perfect He's just a perfect person to do it, and it's I know he's gonna I know he's gonna kill it.
Speaker 9: And I think too, you know, what he's going to represent is something that we don't see a lot of anymore in entertainment, right, Somebody that we know is going to sing inky Yes, asshole, yes, and and the true element of entertainment. You know, he represents that. That's that's his claw. And so you know when you get to put that, you know on a microscope, which is the super Bowl stage, I mean it's I think it's going to inspire even new fans, and.
Speaker 2: That's our goal right to take.
Speaker 4: Like absolutely, we talked about it, like not everybody that's watching the Super Bowl is an Usher fan, and our goal was to to give the viewers an experience that allows him to embrace him in a way that he's never been embraced to be and to create new fans.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I should. I want to look at his followers before and after because there's going to be a gigantic because people are just who don't know are going to find out and people who are just young and have never known. It's going to be awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't even think about that, Like that's a great defining kind of like bar just to like see you know where he's at now, I'm going to actually do that.
Speaker 1: I think it's a good thing too, because people are going to lose their minds about it. I just know it's gonna wake some people up that haven't either been sleeping on him for a decade or so since you know, he was culturally everywhere. And then the new generation of people who've never you know, are too young to have known what he when he was really like peaking. He's peaking. He's gonna peak again. It's just it's so it's so exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great moment for Yeah, well I'm.
Speaker 1: So excited for you guys. What's your what's what's how what's your self care journey up until Sunday? Are you gonna do anything?
Speaker 9: Focus? You know, focus and one enjoy the process, you know, because sometimes as creatives you get sowing the weeds on it that you wake up the next day after it's done. It's like, oh man, I didn't get to really absorb it.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, you know I'm like to do That's like god, man, put your phone down and and now I'm like, yeah, everywhere, like just being here, the energy here, like I mean of you guys, like it's like cool. But I literally went to bed about four o'clock in the morning. We had a we had an incredible event just for the dancers and the whole production staff. And then at Okay, we got to hit this and just to be here. It's like, I'm glad I haven't had my first yet. I'm taking this.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you doing a really good job appreciating the.
Speaker 1: Moment about you guys tomorrow and celebrating for you when it's finally over, because I know that relief of something you worked so hard and when it's finally done, like you're gonna have the best second half.
Speaker 3: Of the game.
Speaker 4: Think about the Super Bowl halftime shows, right, you have to. You can go back to YouTube and always look at it and view it over and over again.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be like always, you know, can't wait. Congratulations, Thank you guys, Thank you for having Yeah, yeah, you guys are incredibly funn thank you for taking the time and go Casey right right, We'll be back up to this final thought.
Speaker 2: That's pretty surreal, pretty surreal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you like losing your mind? You keep looking around.
Speaker 5: There's people I keep looking around going that's blah blah blah, and I don't know who that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Roger ask you and I don't know, but yeah, it's exciting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Benedict Falafalon, Yeah, there's a Yeah, Steve Smith is doing interviews behind us Steve Smith one of the greatest wide receivers in NFL history, and he's also a personality, a halftime post guy.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know I know him from that.
Speaker 5: He was interviewing Bijeon Robinson, who was the number one running back draft pick in last year's draft on the Atlanta Falcons, and he also has his own brand of mustard, a Dijon from Bijeon.
Speaker 2: It had been fun to talk to him about that. Maybe we'll get him on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have one more show to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have one more show to do still, but yeah, it's it's pretty well. And then Ali has her fantasy football trophy.
Speaker 1: Brian's wife is here.
Speaker 2: My wife is here with us.
Speaker 1: She won the time in ten years.
Speaker 2: It's an over ten years, over ten years.
Speaker 1: Her family has a fantasy football league and she won, and she has a trophy that she won.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: When you win, you get it.
Speaker 5: You get to have the trophy for the year, like the Stanley Cup. It's it's passed around. I've won twice. I've only been her league. Yeah, I came the first year I joined it. I want joined the family won the league in the first year, and then one again two years later. But list year it was terrible. But we have this trophy and they're all from Chicago and their Chicago Bears fans. And so her brother, who is the commissioner of the league, has been going around getting signatures of Chicago athletes. That's a thing in fantasy football. The person who runs the league called.
Speaker 1: The commission I see why people do it. You get to be called commissioner, an amazing title to have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're my microphone's going there.
Speaker 2: One of the Avila brothers, the unscrewed it, unscrewed it or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, so he's going around getting signatures from people. He's gotten Scottie Pippin, He's gotten Matt Forte he was a Bear. He's gotten Brian Urlacker, who's a famous Bear. And so now Ali was like, I'm going to the Super Bowl. I bet you I can get some signatures of Bears. And she also just happened to win the league this year, so she has the trophy.
Speaker 1: She had the trophy center and it was two hundred and fifty dollars to ship.
Speaker 5: She had to get it shipped overnight in order to get it here in time for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: And she carried it in and I go, what's that. She was like so embarrassed, and I was like, no, that's so cool. And so she got it signed by Peanut.
Speaker 2: She got it signed by Peana Tillman, who is a legendary Chicago Bears defensive player. Amazing, and then she got it's.
Speaker 5: Signed by DJ Moore, who's the number one wide receiver on the Bears.
Speaker 2: She's over, She's losing her mind.
Speaker 1: She keeps saying, why am I here? I can't believe I'm here, And I'm like, no, this makes sense that you're here more than you should be here, more than anyone.
Speaker 2: She's a fan, yes, yeah, she's.
Speaker 1: So excited and yeah, it's it's nice to be around her energy. Yeah, she's like it's like she's at a Taylor Swift concert with like, yeah, how excited she is about everything.
Speaker 5: That's how it is in life with me. It's just like, I'm just like not happy with anything, and she's she's she's delighted. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Does she ever get like sad and pissed off and like really moody and like oh yeah, really okay, so she can be a little bit okay irritated and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and she gets irritated, she'll like start yelling and pounding her fists. Good, she makes a noise and I go, what's the matter. She'll make a really loud noise. You won't even realize she makes a lot of noises.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, that's good. And you know what. I make noises too, and it's it's usually to get people to go, what's wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, that's what I you know, that's how I feel. And I bring it up to her all the time. It's like, are you.
Speaker 5: Like when people generally make noises and stuff like that, they don't even realize it that subconsciously they just want someone to come by and like give.
Speaker 3: Them a hug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's going on totally.
Speaker 2: They want people to know how much they're suffering.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've started asking for hugs recently. Yes, because it's just just let's get let's get to what I want to do. Let's get to what I need.
Speaker 2: To get all the what's going on, Yes.
Speaker 1: Hug, let's just get get to the hug. Yeah's help they so do people need to hug more. I just hugged one of the Veala. I hugged the Villa brothers on the way in before the interviews start. Yeah, and then on the way out we went for a handshake, and I felt like our relationship crumble during that interview. Uh, it's it's it's weird to know what to go in for. And especially as a woman that wears makeup, all I think about is how I'm going to get makeup on their shirt. I was on Dan Han's's his shirt. I saw my makeup on his shirt and he has no idea because he doesn't know to look for it because he's But men should know took for that.
Speaker 2: If they, if they, If you touch a woman.
Speaker 1: Touch a woman who looks better than you think her to look in that moment, you're going to have a scuff of tan on your shoulder blade.
Speaker 2: Didn't you have that joke about sleeping on your pillow and then you'd wake up and then there's like.
Speaker 1: A it looks like your pillow case had gone through a color run the night before. There's like colors on it. You didn't even know we're in makeup. Yeah, so we are. We're waiting on more guests. We'll see what happens. We have another show to do.
Speaker 5: We're at the radio row, but we're also in Las Vegas, and I have to say I forgot how much I love Vegas. Amazing, I love gambling. I talk about this all the time. Why would I not.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be after the apocalypse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll have to be all.
Speaker 1: Inside people like robots. Things just curated perfectly. I hope this is what it's like.
Speaker 2: I mean that would be the best case in the best case scenario. Yes, worst case scenario. But so before we came on for this episode, I wanted to gamble a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yes you did, and with the encourage it, yeah, we were like I wanted to watch you gamble. I feel safe for watching it. I want to I want to be a part of it. But I don't know the rules about watching it either. I felt like bad being behind you.
Speaker 5: Oh, everyone loves everyone loves an audience. An audience okay, yes, okay, people feel so cool because you feel like a king. You did because when you just you don't have to say hit, you don't have to say stay. You just make a hand movement and then the.
Speaker 1: Person does what you will day No, to hit, tap is to hit.
Speaker 2: I was playing.
Speaker 5: This is a blackjack, So you're playing blackjack. Taps to hit and you can just do.
Speaker 1: Like, no, no, you wave your hand over it.
Speaker 2: If they don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you don't want anything, and then you don't even have to say you want to split, you just split the You just put your money.
Speaker 1: The people are adding up these numbers so quickly. Well, some of them are watching the guy next to you. He's getting a two, a four, a seven like.
Speaker 2: That guy seemed like a pro.
Speaker 1: It was really hard for me to compute all that. And I'm not a complete idiot.
Speaker 5: He was playing one hundred dollars chips too. He wasn't messing around.
Speaker 1: Oh he wasn't.
Speaker 5: Okay, I wanted to gamble a little bit. I even asked, I said, do you do you want to watch me gamble?
Speaker 1: Yeah? At fifteen minutes to kill Yep, that was exactly what I wanted to do.
Speaker 5: And I was trying to find a blackjack table, and the only blackjack tables available were fifty dollars minimum. I know, so I was like to do it, so I was fear pressured into doing it. I was looking for five or ten dollars lost.
Speaker 1: Immediately I was like out.
Speaker 5: I gave three hundred dollars to the to the woman, to the woman, the woman, she's a deal with the dealer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the female dealer, the.
Speaker 5: Female well first man, Yeah, I gave three hundred dollars, I got that's that's fifty. That's six hands. I could lose all my money in six hands, which would go by so fast, so fast, and then my first three hands I lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was I'm looking back, I'm like, this.
Speaker 1: Is what really doesn't give a fuck? She goes. She was like, it doesn't matter to me. I'm just like watching because it's not my money, and I go, aren't you married? Isn't this your money too? But she just didn't care. She had a little bag of the trophy in it. She was happy to watch.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was crazy how quickly you can just lose all your money.
Speaker 1: It's so fast. But it was so fun. But then you got back.
Speaker 2: I was wondering.
Speaker 5: I was like, this is even gonna last to fifteen minutes. We need to kill I'm gonna lose all my money. You have ten minutes.
Speaker 1: We were getting to the point where I was like, we have to be there in five minutes, and you were still trying to get it back, and I'm like, Brian, five minute warning.
Speaker 5: I started doubling my bets instead of fifty, I did one hundred. Yeah, and then I my last hand. What yeah, my last hand. I got aces and I split them and I won the hand.
Speaker 2: It's from Zara, that's right.
Speaker 5: And I wound up with three hundred and forty five dollars, so forty five dollars up and did you so far? And I wound up with three fifty. I tipped five dollars because the dealer helped me once I said hit. You said you don't want to do that, yeah, and I said, okay, that's really helpful.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She They do that, you know, because they want to.
Speaker 1: Get to show you five dollars if it's wrong.
Speaker 2: If it's wrong, then they have to give you five dollars you wish. Yeah, no, they'll take your money with no.
Speaker 1: I totally get how it could be addictive, and I kind of want to go gamble now.
Speaker 2: Well that's the thing.
Speaker 5: Afterwards, even though I won, I feel good terrible. I felt like I had just gotten over the.
Speaker 1: Flu because it was so anxiety inducing.
Speaker 2: He went through so much anxiety. It's nothing like it.
Speaker 1: If you had just been pranked by Peanut Tilney.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Well, I really do think he has scarred that woman for life. You see protecting the card in her car, and then he did it again by wrapping his hands around her when she was going to like she thought she was gonna die twice in one day, and the second time she thought she probably thought it was one hundred percent not him because she thought he wouldn't do this twice.
Speaker 2: It's that's on her. That's on her. I was just pranked yesterday in the same spot, and now someone's houlding me up my own driveway. I mean, I think.
Speaker 1: I don't want I don't like franking. I wouldn't I would. He would be out of my life. If I were her, I would have moved away from him. She was his neighbor. But that was such a fun show. We have another one coming up right after this one, so stay tuned for that. It's Brian Frangie and Nikki Glazer live from the super Bowl. See you next time.