Speaker 1: How you doing. You look sweaty? Why are you sweaty?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: I worked out today right before the right before we started recording, I jumped on. Like most people in the world, I bought a Peloton bike.
Speaker 1: All right, well not most people people that can afford an expensive Peloton.
Speaker 3: But well, according to the stock market, right, which is failing right now, Peloton is the one product that is succeeding in these troubling times.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, so so yeah, because no one can go to the gym and it's like a subscription thing, right, So a.
Speaker 3: Bunch of people, a bunch of people that bought Peloton bikes, right, and I am now riding with you know those people.
Speaker 1: How long do you go for forty five?
Speaker 3: I did a thirty minute class just now. But this dude kicked my ass.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: The last time I did it, I had a you know, I tried to pick a you know, we talked about this.
Speaker 1: I don't have to dance around your words. You tried to pick a hot chick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do have to dance around my words. I am, I am.
Speaker 1: I'm sure your wife knows that you tried to pick a hot shick.
Speaker 5: She does know, she well, she picked it. I kind of tricked her into picking it, and she.
Speaker 1: Was like, she was like, what do you want, Like, I don't know. I prefer someone that looks a little bit like.
Speaker 3: Her, right, And so I complained after the workout about how person talked too much and you know the stuff you do when you want to deflect, and my wife was like, well, I'll pick someone for you this time. So she picked this dude who was like a dude and was very commanding and everything like that and demanding.
Speaker 1: What was that better for you? Was it a better workout?
Speaker 5: It was a better workout for me.
Speaker 3: But then I started thinking to myself, well, maybe I'm playing this role wrong in my relationship with my wife. She picked the dude that's like, now, get on the bike, pedal faster, God damn it. But maybe that's pedal hard, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's what you need.
Speaker 3: Maybe I need to switch chump my style instead of being the passive you know, gentle, you know, sensitive guy, you know the guy who loves puppy dogs and moonbeams, righty to be that motherfucker now saying well, I.
Speaker 1: Think that's probably good for you. I gotta admit I don't have a peloton bike. But if I got one, I think I would probably pick the pretty attractive girl to yell at me.
Speaker 5: I'm never gonna pick the pretty attractive girl again.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's probably a pretty attractive girl who scream at you if you want. But what you're saying is you got better results from the dude who was like.
Speaker 3: Pedal, mother pucker pedal right now, God damn it, you ain't pedaling hard enough.
Speaker 1: Right For me, it's all about the music if I if the music's good. If I like the music, I go to a spin class and I will go so hard. But I can't get into it when it's like, when it's music I don't like, I hate.
Speaker 5: I know, I totally understand. I hate.
Speaker 3: I hate getting on a bike and having to listen to listen to something that I'm not in the mood too.
Speaker 1: So did the angry guy have good music?
Speaker 5: Raight up hip hop?
Speaker 1: All it's perfect for you?
Speaker 3: You love that it was straight up hip hop and it was good hip hop too, DMX Little Wayne old school Little Wayne.
Speaker 1: Oh see that's perfect. See. I think I think that's the key. Obviously. You want someone who's gonna push you and be like, come, on you wimp.
Speaker 5: You got this, but I can. I don't want you to call me a wimp. You could call me a motherfucker, but don't call me a wimp. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Rather be called motherfucker than wimp.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, wow.
Speaker 1: I gotta write that down. I'm learning new things about you on this from.
Speaker 3: Here on out, from here on out, if you want to, if you want me to respond in a way that it's positive.
Speaker 5: Hey, motherfucker, what's up?
Speaker 1: Do you want to count us into the theme song as that guy?
Speaker 5: All right, here we go. God damnit, n't get ready for this? About six seven, ain't motherfucker.
Speaker 6: Here's some stories I'm not sure we made about a bunch of tops and nurses, and.
Speaker 5: I said, here's a story, so get around you here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I'm so sorry everyone. I think that Donald has lost his damn quarantine. Mind tell them what else you bought for your kids? You sent me a video And first of all, Donald's like, I'm running you know, he doesn't have a pool at his house. He's like, I'm running out of things for my kids to do. They're going crazy. I got this, uh, this water thing from them in the backyard. I pictured a kiddie pool. Dude, you bought like a fucking you bought like a fucking water park, an inflatable water park.
Speaker 3: I bought an inflatable water park, and we set it up, and I sincerely thought that these kids, like most kids, were gonna spend the whole day in the water park.
Speaker 1: How fast are they over it?
Speaker 3: They were over it in forty five minutes. And we spent so much money on this thing. Dude, it is like this morning we were ready for the water park and they were like, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Describe it to people. It's it's the size of like three cars.
Speaker 3: Know, it's about the size of a nice big ass pickup truck, like a big one, like a Ford, you know, like the big ship, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Right, And it's huge.
Speaker 3: And also our backyard isn't grass, it's fake grass, right. Entirement problem is underneath that, it's just hard and so it's as you know, you climb up this big ass ladder about ten feet up and then you slide down the slide into the pool at the bottom and they're sliding onto concrete. Now, granted, we did worse than that when we were kids, but to watch my wife panic and lose her shit.
Speaker 5: It was a funny thing.
Speaker 3: Every time the kid climbed up, every time the kid slid down, she was like, I gotta go inside.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm gonna have a heart attack out here.
Speaker 1: And So, did you have a slipping slide when you're a kid?
Speaker 5: I mean yeah, we used to slip and slide on concrete though, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Wait in Manhattan, in the city.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in the city.
Speaker 3: So I grew up in a building that had a big ass playground in the middle, like most buildings in Manhattan when you live in tall buildings, and they had and and and and you know, if somebody bought a slip and slide, we'd put it down on the concrete on the playgrounds.
Speaker 1: That's so dangerous.
Speaker 3: If you catch it right, it's fine. But if you don't catch it right, yeah, you're gonna hit your head on.
Speaker 1: The I don't remember a slipping slide ever being fun, Like, there was so much fun in setting it up, and then you'd go down at once and you'd be like, ow wow.
Speaker 3: Well that depends on it, right. If you don't know how to slide, it hurts like it hurts.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they still sell slipping sides because there's sore be like lawsuits.
Speaker 5: They've even padded them now, so a slipping slide is now padded so that we running jump and dive, you can. You got a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of a kids today, Donald, they need it slipping slides. When I was a kid, we hurt ourselves. I remember setting it up on the lawn and my stepfather had just spent a fortune, you know, residing the lawn. And he came home and he was like, what the hell did you do? And I was like, we're slipping slided and he's like the law was all trashed and money he had just met a fortune. Reshot it like it looked like beautiful dream lawn, you know how like you know some people are about.
Speaker 5: Their line similar similar to how you were when my wedding was over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you trashed my one lawn, but you know what, it was all in the name of love. I'll do anything for you, You and your you and your family can trash my lawn any day. You put down a dance floor, yeah not a lawn, no, no, but on on an area it was a botchy court, but now it's a garden. But you put down a full. I mean I was. I was shocked with the effort that when it looked beautiful, and I was for a minute, I was like we should keep it. And then people were like, well, it's not really meant to be permanent.
Speaker 5: It's like not like you know, you'd have a greenhouse without any greens in it. Pretty much.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, I didn't mean they tinted it because there was there was gonna rain, but like they put down this beautiful flooring, okay for your wedding, and I was like, oh my god, maybe I should keep that. And then as someone told me like, no, it's it's meant it's not weatherproof. It's meant to be like you know, last a weekend. So uh so we we took it down. But god, your wedding was really beautiful.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, well, dude, thank you very much for helping us out there. Man, you the cost of the wedding dropped dramatically when you said you could do it in my backyard.
Speaker 1: Well I was so happy to be able to do that for you. And it was a beautiful ceremony and I'll never forget it. It was the way you guys did. The designer of it the whoever did all the decor and everything. It was like almost like a farm, like a farm vibes, you know, like farm.
Speaker 5: Tables, and it was We tried to make it country meet soul.
Speaker 1: Yeah, country meats. So I remember there was a gospel There was a lot of music. There was a gospel choir. What did they sing. They sang a song from Sesame Street.
Speaker 5: No, they sang a song from the Muppets. Everything is great, everything is grand. I got the whole wide world in the palm of my hand. Everything is perfect. It's falling into place. I can't seem to wipe this smile off my face. Life's a happy song when there's someone by my side to sing along.
Speaker 1: That's so beautiful. That's so beautiful. How did you guys pick that? I mean, I never heard anyone I picked.
Speaker 3: I picked that song. So the new Muppet movie had come out. I guess it had been out, I guess. But the music from that movie obviously is amazing. It won an Oscar. But that song is the I believe it's the first song of the movie, and so it's the number one number. And Muppet songs are always dope. The Rainbow Connection, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I mean, I had never heard that song. And just just so people can picture it, I had told all my neighbors like, we're gonna have a big ass wedding, and I sent them like little gift baskets, and I sent them a letter saying, hey, it's gonna be loud. We'll be done by midnight. You know, I hope everybody's cool, but I was anxious because you know, my neighborhood is the sound bounces around, so everyone was. Everyone was coming to this wedding, whether they wanted to or not. Right, and and so that's all set up and it's all quiet and all, and then the gospel choir comes and it's time for that moment and they.
Speaker 5: Turned just me walking out for that, right, so they turned but they but they.
Speaker 1: Turn on the mics. And I had never in my mind imagined it was gonna be this loud. And granted it was beautiful and amazing, but as the neurotic homeowner, I was like, oh shit, these people are gonna be so pissed. But maybe they weren't, because it's amazing.
Speaker 4: We weren't.
Speaker 1: I guess there were were they acquired. It was like six people. I don't know if six.
Speaker 5: People, but they were.
Speaker 1: But anyway, this this amazing gospel group sang that song and it just it just reverberated. It was beautiful. It bounced everywhere all over the whole neighborhood. And I was like, this is I was. I just it was magical. I got tears in my eyes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I got to ask my wife what the name of the band was? The name of the group was, But also they when she came down the owl, I can't sing this song for anything because Beyonce sings it.
Speaker 1: But you can sing better than Beyonce.
Speaker 5: Don I wish.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you should have seen Joel's face. Everybody. Joelle made a face like how dare you, sir?
Speaker 5: Mind?
Speaker 1: Joelle's face was like I will not Joelle's Joel's face was like, I will not be a part of this podcast.
Speaker 6: Yo.
Speaker 5: It's funny.
Speaker 3: It's just like the character Joel when Eddie Murphy makes fun of Stevie wan Day and the dude comes up to Stevie wanted to Stevie wanted some musical changes.
Speaker 1: Scott, Damn, you can't joke about Beyonce. You cannot. You can't even say jokingly. Donald Faison sings better than people like Joelle, like lose their breath.
Speaker 5: That's about We lost about seventy five listeners just now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. People were like, I love the podcast, but Donald better than Beyonce. Fuck y'all, she's on Queen Crubs. Fuck Donald's is she here, Queen Joel?
Speaker 5: She is listen.
Speaker 2: She has the hottest checkout right now.
Speaker 5: She just released a new one, Megan the Stallion. I believe the track was dope before Beyonce truly truly elevated it, just like that.
Speaker 3: Ed Sharon record got elevated after Beyonce got on it. Dude, Yeah, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Beyonce. Beyonce be lacing people.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm telling you right now, there are people that have songs and the song will be really good. And then she sings a Verse on it, and all of a sudden, the song is a top five on the Billboard charts. Man, Like that Ed Sharon song was dope, and it was. It was already on the Billboard charts for a long time. And then she sang on it and it's and and it broke even more records thanks to her.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I met her once, you know, so did I, and you were like, good. I met her once, well, I met her several times. We're not together, Yeah, we were, and you were like, yo, that's Beyonce.
Speaker 5: I was like, that's not Beyonce.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about it? At the restaurant bar no name in Hollywood?
Speaker 5: No, no, no Beyonce. Way before that, we went out one night to.
Speaker 1: A poor Please respect my father and call her beonce.
Speaker 5: I don't, yes, Beyonce. We went out.
Speaker 1: We went something else.
Speaker 3: We went out to a Ferrari party or something like that. You me raiding and Carrie Brothers, and Beyonce was there with somebody. This is well before Jovah, well before all of that. This is early on in scrubb.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh I remember you guys being like, go say hi to her, and I was like, get the fuck out of here. That's Beyonce, dude. And this is before she even had the solo record or anything like that. She was still with Destiny's Child. And I was still like, Joe, I can't.
Speaker 5: I'm you know what if I say hi and she says, get the fuck out of here. And so finally she looked at me.
Speaker 1: Maybe she was single, Oh dude.
Speaker 3: Finally she looked at me and she goes hi and gives me the look like motherfuckers say hi, dude. Oh shit, we're the only black people at this party.
Speaker 1: That was the look. The look was where the only black people?
Speaker 5: What are you doing? And I was like, oh shit, my bad, hey, how you doing?
Speaker 1: I don't remember that.
Speaker 5: That's funny A long time ago, dude. So you just said hi, and I just said hi, and I walked and we walked away.
Speaker 3: Listen, man, I played myself to so many of these lovely ladies in Hollywood that I decided I will never do that again.
Speaker 5: Like I played myself. You saw a heart, I went after Casey.
Speaker 3: I've done things that are so stupid that I was like, what was I thinking When I look back at it?
Speaker 5: Now you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You mean like you should have taken your shot.
Speaker 3: No, like I shouldn't have taken a shot at all. Oh, because I sounded like an idiot. I did take my show.
Speaker 1: We all have those flinch moments where you're like, oh, that was that was right. But I was in a restaurant bar called No Name that since closed, run by my friend Brian Ling on Fairfax in Hollywood, and it was like a cool restaurant bar, and upstairs on like a mezzanine, there was a private area where you could have a private dinner party or you could have a small cocktail party. And if you went past that room, there was a another room. So we were headed to that room, he and I and somebody else, and I cam up the stairs and I come around the corner and they are just seated alone at this private table was Beyonce and jay Z. And they looked up and they stared at me, and I stared back at them, and they had big smiles in their faces like saying hi. But I was like, I was in pol of shocked. I really was.
Speaker 5: I froze, that's that's royalty, man. They got that. They got that glow man, they got that Bruce Leroy.
Speaker 1: But it was also like you come, you come around to bend and you're not expecting to see like there's no one else in the room. I mean, it was just Beyonce and jay Z having private dinner. And I was like and I just walked in like hi. Of course, I said, oh, I said, I'm so sorry interrupt high and they were like, hey, how are you? And I said I'm good. Uh you guys are awesome. I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna keep moving.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: They were very sweet. They obviously smiled and laughed at me because I was like a nervous wreck.
Speaker 5: I played myself so many times with jay Z. It's ridiculous, like, come on in.
Speaker 3: Like there's certain people on my list of people that I think are you know the shiz, and he's one of them. Him, Michael Jordan, you know, Denzel Washington, Harrison Ford, you know Billy D.
Speaker 5: Billy D Williams.
Speaker 3: When it comes to athletes, I have a lot of athletes on my list, but I don't have a lot of rappers on my list where I see them and I'm like, holy shit.
Speaker 5: I used to be like that, but then I grew out of that face.
Speaker 1: If there's one athlete you could meet and not just me, If there's one athlete that would be like, Donald, let's go get a drink. I want to get to know you better.
Speaker 3: Who would it be, oh Man, Well, he's no longer with us, But that's Kobe Bryant. That's an easy one. I met Michael Jordan once and that was cool, and I met Kobe several times. But there was something special about Kobe Bryant that was like, you know, I mean, and Michael Jordan too. But you know, when I first moved out to La, Kobe Bryant was just getting you know, he just arrived and I got to meet him way before he played basketball and.
Speaker 1: Stuff and what even before he played basketball.
Speaker 3: So La is a small town, react like it's a huge Hollywood is huge and stuff like that. But you run into people in La. And one of my friends was not dating Shaea Brian, but was hanging out with Shya Brian.
Speaker 5: And so Shaea would come over to my apartment like all the.
Speaker 3: Time, and we would you know, hang out and you know, go to the movies or go to Magic Mountain stuff like that. And one day she comes over. We're going to Magic Mountain and she comes over and she's like, Yo, my brother's outside.
Speaker 5: He wants to talk to you. And I was like, oh shit, why did your brother want to talk to me?
Speaker 1: But he wasn't famous yet, No, everybody kne who.
Speaker 5: Kobe Bryan was. At this point.
Speaker 3: He had taken Brandy to the prom, you know what I mean. And I'm like, oh man, oh wow, okay. So I go outside and he had broken his arm playing basketball at the beach at Venice Beach, at the court on Venice Beach, right, so he had the cast on. I remember when he broke his arm. I remember thinking, come on, man, you've got this contract coming up. What are you doing playing basketball at Venice Beach.
Speaker 5: That was what my thought was. When I saw him with the cast I was like, oh, ship, he got the cast on? Yo, Like it was.
Speaker 1: Because you heard about it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I heard about it.
Speaker 1: But I was like, yo, yo, did you think he was gonna let you sign it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, but but I did.
Speaker 3: But I definitely thought. I was like, this dude's about to tell me, you know, I better respect his sister and all of that stuff. And there was nothing going on with me and his sister. So I go outside and he's like, hey, man, how you doing. I just wanted to meet you. You know you're going to Magic Mim with my sister. I just wanted to meet you to make sure you know that you was looking for for a sister, right.
Speaker 1: That's cool story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I ran into him several times after that. But I just when I first moved to l A, Kobe Bryant was in l A also.
Speaker 1: It's so tragic.
Speaker 5: I keep it's like, it's unbelievable. I just want you all to know, man, I loved Kobe Bryant like I loved Kobe Bryant. I named my kid Kobe.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, and just you know, God, I see the love. There's all these amazing murals all over town. I'm sure you've seen him. Yeah, he was one of the most beloved people in the country, probably the world, maybe world. So we switched tones the end of the episode.
Speaker 3: Let's do it, we You know, this is an episode with It was directed by Mark Bucklin, written by Mark Stegman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two Marks, two Marks, uh my blind date.
Speaker 5: Yes. Mark Stegman is a great writer, great friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guy, I believe you went to write on Community after US and some other shows and Mark Bucklin. I really think Mark Bucklin, I'm going to say it now in nine years one of by far one of our top directors.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that's easy.
Speaker 1: This episode is is not to not to say as a director, but as a director, this episode is incredibly directed.
Speaker 5: Well well well directed that it really makes up. I know we're going to get to it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's a really cool woner for those of you who don't know what a wonner is, it's when the camera never cuts so there's no edit. It's a long one shot that moves around and involves lots of choreography, and it often takes a lot of times to get it right, and it's just done really well.
Speaker 5: But this episode is amazing.
Speaker 1: I really want to say. You know, the thing about TV directing is these guys and gals who do this. You come in, you have to execute your vision, but in the tone of the style that's been established by the showrunner and by whoever directed the pilot. In this case, Adam Bernstein, the showrunner and the pilot director was sort of set. This is the look of this show. It has this vibe. The camera can move like this. This this is the sort of tools you can use, and that now you go do it. So for a director to stand out, it's tricky. You got how you can put your own stamp on it, because otherwise it's just kind of like, Okay, I'm here to execute someone else's someone else's vision. But someone like Mark Bucklin, with his level of talent, really does stand out. I was watching this before I even knew that it was Mark. I was watching going, Oh, someone good directed this. I can tell already. There's just a he finds a way to put his own stamp on it, and I looked it up because I haven't seen Mark years. Also a really good card magician, if you remember that, Donald Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also a very great ping pong player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that. But during downtime he would do these insane card tricks. He was one of those guys. He's he's doing a show called He produces and directs a show called Stumptown with great show. Do you watch it?
Speaker 5: It's on the ABC lineup with the new ABC lineup.
Speaker 1: Kobe Kobe smolders, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: As you know, I do a television show for ABC called Emergence.
Speaker 1: Emergence, Yes, And when are we finding out if we're getting a season two?
Speaker 5: We have no idea.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if Stumptown knows if they're getting a season two yet or if or and if they do, then probably we didn't get it.
Speaker 1: But all I know when, when when does ABC tell you that?
Speaker 5: I tell you things are different right now, man, life is right now. Nothing is the same. I'm supposed to find out.
Speaker 3: We were supposed to find like Upfronts is the fourteenth or something like that, so we should be finding out soon.
Speaker 1: But I don't know will you be doling out drunken noogies at this year's upfronts.
Speaker 5: I've learned my lesson. I did.
Speaker 3: I Yo, you know what, last year, I did crash the NBC Upfront. I did crash that and that was a lot of fun to do anyway.
Speaker 1: Mark Bucklin also, just to finish my Mark Bucklin research, won an Emmy for directing the pilot of My Name is Earl oh Nice. Yeah. So he's a very talented fellow, very very very tin and I just wanted to say that that I really notice how good he is. So this episode has a lot of good stuff in it. Man, this is a good one.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, this one's a great one. I laughed aloud. I laughed out loud. None none harder than Kelso. When Kelso go she goes doctor Kelso, I'm not going to sue the hospital, and he goes oh and then just walks out.
Speaker 1: He just leaves. Elizabeth Bogush was a guest star. Didn't arc really talented gal and she this was JD's first.
Speaker 5: First love interest. Yeah, yeah, I was gonna say that.
Speaker 1: And I was just going through the rest of season one. I think she's the only I could be wrong, so sorry if you know better than I do, but she's the only love interest before Sarah and I start a relationship. Really, really, Joel, isn't that what happens? Uh?
Speaker 5: I'm not aware. I haven't gone forward.
Speaker 1: What Joel might know or she can look it up. But I think what happens is there's three episodes with Liz Bogish and then uh, and then Elliott and I start our our thing. I think that's what. Okay, good see, I was right, Donald. I did my research. I did a lot of research for this episode. I I want the fans to know I did. I got trivia? Do you want to know the trivia?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: To start off? The right? Off the bat?
Speaker 5: It's a good one, go for yours.
Speaker 1: So so, so Cox is trying to get his perfect game?
Speaker 5: All right, I gotta ask you a question before you do the trivia? Then? Did you know what the perfect game was before we started doing it? Before the show?
Speaker 1: I know what a perfect picture game is. Yeah, I know it's happened. My brother's My brother is a baseball fanatic. My father was a baseball fanatic, so I know some things.
Speaker 5: So and you don't talk to the picture.
Speaker 1: Well, now that I didn't know, and I wanted to talk to you about that, because first of all, how the fuck does JD know that? I mean, JD doesn't know anything about sports. We hammer home in every episode, and all of a sudden, JD's whispering like you know stuff about never you know that you don't talk to the picture during a game, So tell me about this real quick.
Speaker 5: This is a thing.
Speaker 1: If the pictures doing really well in a game, you don't talk to him like in the in the in the dugout.
Speaker 5: Them, Yeah, you don't. You leave him alone. You don't say anything to him and let him.
Speaker 1: You don't even give him a butt tap.
Speaker 5: No, you don't say. Look, you don't want to be the reason that his rhythm all of a sudden falls off.
Speaker 1: Well what if I'm throwing a perfect game and I'm like, holy shit in my head, I'm like I'm fucking killing this. And then I go into the dugout and I get no butt taps and I'm like, oh, why are they tapping my butt? And then I start and then I start spiraling, no butt taps.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna fuck it up now and then, and it'd be your fault that you fucked it up, not their fault, because so they ignore they tap you on the button, you'll and then you don't have a perfect game.
Speaker 5: You could be like, motherfucker, why.
Speaker 1: Do you tap me on the bice So, so that's the thing. You just ce him. You don't talk to him.
Speaker 5: You let that person do what they gotta do to get that.
Speaker 1: See that, I didn't know that. I didn't know, And I find it hilarious that JD did know.
Speaker 5: Because it's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Why did even Joel wrote that down in her note, She's like, how the hell does JD know all this stuff about? All right, here's a little trivia for you.
Speaker 5: Ready, Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 1: There's twenty seven patients that in the ICU that doctor Cox is trying to keep alive through midnight. Do you know why twenty seven?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: There's twenty seven outs in nine innings.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, Mark, ladies and gentlemen, slow clap, slow clap, clap for Zach Braff.
Speaker 1: Why I didn't? It's not my trivia. I got enough scrubs wiki, but but don know I don't know if Mark Stegman gets that.
Speaker 5: But way to go, JD, Way to go, Zach.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't figure that out. I read that, So don't be too proud of me. I don't even know if that's what we give Mark Stegman credit for that. Let's ask Bill. That's a good Bill question. Bill, you're not gonna remember and he's Bill's gonna be like it was me, that was me. No, but Bill, it's very clever that there's twenty seven patients and there's twenty seven ounce in nine innings. Who came up with that?
Speaker 7: Twenty seven outs in a ball game to save in twenty seven patients came around because the episode started with doctor Cox wanting to have a perfect game, you know, and a perfect game in baseball, Zach, which is a sport, is not only does no one get a hit, but nobody even gets a walk or gets on base with an air So it's not just a no hitter, it's a perfect game. You only face twenty seven batters.
Speaker 5: That's it, all right? So Death's back, played by the wonderful Randa Winston.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Death is back by Randall Winston. Now I don't mean to take a dig at Randall, but.
Speaker 5: Listen, man, I love Randold of Death, but with all my heart, now, don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think if Randall was auditioning he would have gotten this role because death isn't the best you guys. I love Randal to death, but if if SAG actors had auditioned for this part, we probably could have gotten a better fucking performance.
Speaker 5: Oh that's horrible that you say that, dude.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: But for those of you who.
Speaker 3: Don't know, Randall Winston is uh the line producer on Scrub was the line producer at the time on Scrubs. He's since gone on to be an executive producer on Killing. He directs now.
Speaker 5: He's very He's a very very.
Speaker 3: Established UH producer slash director in on television right now. Also, he married my wife and I in uh Zach's backyard.
Speaker 2: He was the.
Speaker 1: I forgot you were married by death?
Speaker 3: Yeah, married by death in your backyard. Randa Winston is one of my all time favorite people.
Speaker 5: So don't you death. It's like it's like Joel and Beyonce. Don't do death. Say I'm bad you.
Speaker 1: Made a face like Joelle made. Listen, I just want to say I love the guy to death. He's an extremely talented producer. I don't know that acting is necessarily his forte but boy, but listen, uh, Death talks to his daughter. I don't know that any in any art form I've ever seen Death's daughter, But there she is. She's in a girl scout outfit, trying to sell her her cookies.
Speaker 3: Right, well, that's why Death's occupied. He's selling cookies. It's pretty funny to try to help doctor Cox out.
Speaker 1: He's a Death says something like she's in second place, and if the first place girl keeps winning.
Speaker 5: We're just gonna take her take.
Speaker 1: In the ICU, where there's a lot of the scene takes place, there's a lot of amazing camera work. At one sixteen, there's a cool three sixty pan. It's always challenging for the cinematographer and filmmakers to light when there's no place to put the lights and when the camera is steady camming. For those of who don't know what that is, it's I think we've mentioned it before. It's it's this rig that mounts on a steady cam operator's body and it allows him or her to move around and it gives it and they can run and do all these cool shots and the camera always looks like it's floating. A lot of Scrubs was shot on a steadycam because of all the quick walking and running around, and sorry to digress, our steady cam operator has a cameo in this episode. Did you recognize Charles Pappard Don.
Speaker 5: Where was peppert At?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was the guy on the MRI.
Speaker 1: He's the MRI tag when the MRI goes awry and you see a guy freaking out by the way, speaking of people who aren't actors giving a decent performance, I thought Charles did a wonderful job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know Charles Pappard. Every time I run into Charles Pappard, Yes, every time I run into him, he's like, He'll introduce me to the people on his in his camera crew, and he'll be like, tell him the song, and I'd be like, what, like, sing them the song? They I've told everybody about the song. I was like, are you fucking serious right now? He's like, sing them the song.
Speaker 1: It's the Transformer's melody. But I don't remember the words.
Speaker 5: You remember the words, Charles Pappard All balls and no shaft.
Speaker 1: All balls and no shaft. Yeah. I love that he's I like the show. I love that he's begging you to sing a song to his friends about how he's all balls and no shafts, all balls, no shaft.
Speaker 5: He begs me to. It's like he says to them, So Donald Faison's coming in the day. He has a special song about me.
Speaker 1: I want to say that what's funny about that song is that it's the Transformer's melody but and sung very softly like a ballad. But it's it's but it's all balls and no chef. Anyway. Charles Pappert was our study cam operator and he uh plays the MRI I tech and I thought he did a wonderful job.
Speaker 3: Thought he does an amazing job in the episode. He also is amazing. He's an amazing steady cam and normal cam operator. I've worked with him several times since then.
Speaker 1: And maybe he's had some you know, a surgery to adjust his lack.
Speaker 5: Of justice his situation.
Speaker 1: He uh, he didn't get like a shaft extender. Is that a thing?
Speaker 5: I once asked Real j D about that. I was like, yo, so what is this about? This penis enlarging stuff? You don't need that.
Speaker 1: Why the hell are you asking about that?
Speaker 5: Listen, man, everybody wants to be.
Speaker 1: Do you remember in the in the episode of Bahamas. Do you remember in the episode of Bahamas when I when I thought I saw an eel?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it was my It was me.
Speaker 2: I'll not know.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go and break while you guys think about Donald's eel and we're back speaking of your eel. My girlfriend's mom was facetiming me about this about our podcast because she listens, and she was like, I really like it, but you guys talk about your willies too much. And I as we began to talk about your eel, I I was hearing my girlfriend's mom talking, telling us that we talk about our willies too much. So sorry to the people of the United Kingdom. I don't like to talking about.
Speaker 5: Really whoa I don't like talking about my Willie.
Speaker 1: Colonel doctor at two forty nine. I just got excited to see him. Snoop Dogg intern. A lot of the greats are in this episode.
Speaker 5: Yes, Lynn's in the episode. A lot of people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lynn, Deontay once again, Deontay Deontay worked a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, Deontay was deare we do? So what they would, But what they would do is sometimes when they needed more background performers than they they would ask the stand ins to to put on a costume and and join the scene. I think that's what happens.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, not just that. Also the stand ins are you know, they're all good actors on their own, you know what I mean. You give Deontay a line, he he'll deliver it.
Speaker 1: Well, not everyone, but Deontay was someone who was a good actor, right, and so, but my point is is that I think usually the stand ins weren't dressed in costume. So often when you see them, my brain goes, oh, they wanted a couple more bodies, so they asked them to suit.
Speaker 5: Up, right. But they're always prominently featured if you notice.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, because they're not. They're not. Dante's not fucking around. He knows where the camera is, right, he knows what he's doing.
Speaker 5: He knows what he's doing, the.
Speaker 1: Saying Deonta's first rodeo. He knows where that camera's going to be. He's like, He's like, if I'm gonna put on these scrubs, you're gonna see me right right, right? All right. So at four oh two, there's this long monologue Johnny se By the way, Johnny c is incredible in this episode.
Speaker 3: Crushes what I've learned that I you know, I didn't appreciate it when it was there, you know what I mean? There was so many lessons to be learned just from watching Johnny, just from watching Judy, just from watching Ken. And you know, you want to get the fuck out of there at a certain point in time, you know what I mean. And I look back at this stuff now and Johnny crushes set. He's very funny, you know.
Speaker 1: I I agree with you Donald watching even just watching the however many we've watched twelve At this point, I'm really taken by what a good actor Johnny McGinley is. He's just he's fantastic, and this episode really highlights so good he's And Sarah is wonderful in this episode.
Speaker 5: Oh it's amazing in it.
Speaker 1: Do you find it's weird? I always find it weird in a TV show when they reference another TV show? So here here we reference I referenced er, for of all things, another hospital TV show.
Speaker 5: I think we were trying to be funny.
Speaker 1: Uh no, I know, but I just think it. I always think it's weird when you when JD me playing a fake doctor on television then references another doctor show. I just think, I just pulls me out of the show. It's I find it weird.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 3: But the problem is is that in Er Anthony Edwards was still kind of he still kind of looked like uh, the character he played in Top Gun.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: No, he didn't. He was more bookish and academic.
Speaker 5: Kind of sort of.
Speaker 1: But he's still good on Anthony Edwards Revenge of.
Speaker 5: The Nerds that you're like, holy shit, that's the dude from Revenge of the Nerds.
Speaker 1: Anthony Anthony Edwards has had such a career. Can we just talk about him for a second?
Speaker 5: Get it?
Speaker 1: That is that is the right name, right, Anthony Edwards. Absolutely, what's the name of the black guy named Anthony Edwards?
Speaker 5: And you're thinking of Anthony Anderson more?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Sorry, sorry, they're very similar Anthony Edward. By the way, I love that you knew what I was talking about. That's how close we are, baby. Anthony Edwards has spanned Revenge of the Nerds to Top Gun, Yes, and then back to Er and and and I'm po zillion other things, I'm sure, but those are the things I most think of him for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got ranged.
Speaker 1: Now are we not allowed to like Revenge of the Nerds anymore? I know that it has a very problematic movie, but man, as a child, that was life changing for me in that movie. I went with a babysitter to see that movie in the theater and and oh, I think I was nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 5: I was probably did your babysitter get kicked out?
Speaker 1: Listen? I think it was I was nine. I think I can't believe I got to go see this movie with a babysitter.
Speaker 5: Was your babysitter? Fire?
Speaker 1: Was it nineteen eighty four? Joel? Can you look that up please? I remember went to see and I had a crush on her, a nine year old crush. And then I see this movie that's obviously are and I can't believe I was seeing this. And then at the end, I was so riled up. I was so turned on, if you will, by the movie, and I thought, I, yes, thanks, she says nineteen eighty four. I in my mind, I thought like, oh, I'm going to try and impress my date. I just started thinking of her like she was my date. And we went into like a CVS type you know, pharmacy giant, you know, one of those big ones, and I forgot someone had my sister probably wanted to buy something. And I was like in an aisle and I was like, what can I what can I act like I want to buy that's gonna seem impressive to my baby? And we were in like I was like, I went in like the hardware aisle because that felt masculine and uh and uh. I saw this this battery, you remember, one of those big chunky batter not a car battery, but like for like a lantern. It was like this bit like you know, like like you know this a lantern battery basically, and I and I remember looking at it and then I saw my periphery. She was coming down the aisle and she's like, what are you doing in this aisle? And I was like, see this and I pointed to the battery and she goes, yeah, I go, this is what I want for my birthday. Because in my mind I thought she would be like, whoa.
Speaker 5: This kid, this kid is deserves to see my book.
Speaker 1: This kid is fucking manly. I know he's nine, but if he's into battery, he's like this big I I really thought. I remember this many years later. I remember thinking, like, just act like you want this fucking battery. But that's what That's what the nerds did to me. All right, let's move on the French five fight. Talk about this, John, Because you're married, you probably have this fight with your wife.
Speaker 3: I believe in this fight, and I believe in Turk side of this fight too. And you know, at the end of the show it goes someplace different. But absolutely, if I if we go to get burgers at McDonald's and I get a combo meal and I ask you what you want and you say, I'll just have a burger.
Speaker 5: You're not eating my fries. Goddamn it, right, those are my fries.
Speaker 1: Does this happen all the time? It sounds like you got riled up just now.
Speaker 5: It's this.
Speaker 1: Does this happen in your home?
Speaker 5: I got riled up because of this dude that was teaching me how to ride the bike today. Oh yeah, you've.
Speaker 1: Taken on his persona. You are you are as an actor, you were like a sponge and you've taken on his persona.
Speaker 3: I am, I am, I am the bike riding instructor from this Do you remember do you remember his name?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I don't remember his name. God Devin, I'm just him right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, calm down, calm down. He's probably how anyway, smoothie on a on a couch right now, and you're.
Speaker 5: Some drinking orange gourgu.
Speaker 1: He's probably probably in a steam room with other dudes.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 3: But no, this is sincere, and this happens all the time, and I I used to hate this when but then this is also when I knew, Holy cow, I love my wife. We would go and get food from someplace like Astro Burger or McDonald's or something like something quick and fast and greasy and everything after a night out of partying in the club, and I be like, do you want anything? And She'll be like, no, I'm not really that hungry. In my mind, I knew exactly what that meant. That meant she's gonna eat my shit.
Speaker 1: Right, So would you order extra fur?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Well, at first you.
Speaker 3: Don't realize that, and then when it when it gets to where Turk and Carla are, it's when you start testing it and you're like, I'm gonna test and see if When I say do you want anything? And she says no, I'm good. I bet you she's gonna grab my fries. Watch that's what's gonna it's gonna happen. It's gonna happen. And when it happened, you're like I knew it, and you and you and you explode. And that's what happened with Turk. Turk was online with Carla at the cafeteria and he's getting all of his food and she's looking at him, and in his mind, he's like, she's gonna want this stuff.
Speaker 5: She's gonna want it.
Speaker 1: It does feel like an example of not sweating the small stuff, though, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: But that's not the small stuff. Come on, man, that's not that's not the small stuff.
Speaker 1: Harley Pasternak, who we both know very fascy celebrity trainer, he told me that I think it was him who told me that French fries is the worst thing you can put in your body.
Speaker 5: He once told me pizza was the worst thing you could put in your body. So I don't know. I think that was him just trying to get you to stop eating French fries.
Speaker 1: And he also told me that something I'll never forget that he calls a banana a sugar stick. He's like, you might as well have a candy bar. Banana is just sugar. Really, Yeah, I love a banana Harley. Celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak ruined bananas for me. I still leep bananas. I like them in my smoothie. But he told me that they have even though it's natural sugar, it's filled with sugar. But he also said French fries are the worst thing you can put in your body because it's just saturated fat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he also told me pizza was the worst thing you could put in your body.
Speaker 1: He got you in good shape once, and you played basketball with Yeasy? Right?
Speaker 5: I have played basketball with con Yeezy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Was it at Harley's house?
Speaker 5: I gave Yeasy and common to business. They know what's up. They know what's up. Don't act like y'all don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure Yeezy's listening. Listen. Did you play it? Did you play it?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: He's somewhere in Wyoming?
Speaker 1: Do you Did you play it at Harley's house? Did you play at Harley's house?
Speaker 3: I know we would go and play at like a gym. We would go to a gym. He would run out of gym and meet him.
Speaker 1: That's the only time I ever when I was working out with Harley. That's the only time I ever met Kanye. It was before he became, you know, enormous.
Speaker 5: He was still huge. Kanye has been Kanye No.
Speaker 1: I know, but I didn't. He wasn't the household name at this time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was making that music since back in the y.
Speaker 1: And I used to get on the treadmill next to Rick Fox Donald, Who's.
Speaker 5: I played basketball with Rick Fox before too?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I played basketball with a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I know you're fancy, all right. Listen, A drunk clown hurt me once, laughed.
Speaker 5: Out, laughed out loud, laughed out loud.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I made that up or not. I would like to take credit for it.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's ask Bill.
Speaker 1: Bill's not gonna remember, and if so, he's definitely not gonna give me credit. But Joel, please ask him who made up a drunk clown hurt me once? And make sure to put in parentheses. Zach believes it might be his. He's gonna come back with the sassiest answer.
Speaker 5: And here it is a.
Speaker 7: Drunk clown hurt Me once was Zach Braff improv. He came up with that, and I remember watching it happen and I remember taking credit for it afterwards.
Speaker 1: Thank you Bill. Well, we haven't heard Bill's answer, but I'm just gonna say thank you Bill. I agree, No, thank you Bill.
Speaker 5: I don't know that you're going to agree with I might not agree.
Speaker 1: I might not agree. A drunk clown hurt me once is very funny. I gotta say I left out loud about that because God knows what that story is.
Speaker 5: And how you found out the clown was drunk is love.
Speaker 1: I love these JD things that never get explored, like these long you know, there's times like there's this random sentences that you know we could have gone into a fantasy, but we never do.
Speaker 5: I love those rare moments like yeah, like I got treated by a Kayu.
Speaker 1: That is probably my favorite episode and you know why because you directed it. It's the first one I directed. But also not just saying because I directed it. That is a fucking epic great episode.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a great episode. Do you know what season that is?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: My god, that episode shows up.
Speaker 5: I know what it happens.
Speaker 1: I got Joe, will you please look up for me what episode that is. It's the first one I directed. I don't even have no idea what it's called. Heather grams in it. But Donald I got treed by Kayo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that one.
Speaker 3: And then I'm starting to see why, uh what did he say his name was? I'm starting to see why leon Il foxed you.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that.
Speaker 5: Jason Bateman, I like to make I like to make belts out of it.
Speaker 1: Oh and Jason Bateman says, I like to make belts out of their necks. I mean, how stoned were they must have been in the writer's room when they came up with an idea that the ostriches are are are sentries?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: No there So in Jason Bateman's character's home, he has ostriches, but they they not only work as guards, but they stole your kango right and.
Speaker 5: Put it on right. Oh that's leon very funny episode.
Speaker 1: All right, we're back to this one.
Speaker 5: Michael McDonald is back.
Speaker 1: Michael McDonald's back.
Speaker 5: That was right away. He was just on we should have him one.
Speaker 1: And he's paying the same guy. I think, Joelle, you may have thought he was playing multiple characters.
Speaker 5: He's always definitely playing the same guy.
Speaker 1: He plays a hypochondriac who's always I.
Speaker 8: Believe, unless the fanily he's wrong he plays different characters in.
Speaker 5: A later season.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we don't know. Maybe the fans will tell us on the social media's but I believe that he's always playing a hypochondriac. The episode, thank you Joelle for finding this that Donald and I were talking about, was is season four, episode eight, My Last Chance. It's probably my favorite episode of the whole one of my top three of the whole run. Granted it was my first time directing and that was special. But also Bill, because he's so fucking competitive, decided to write an episode that should have been shot in like ten days, and because it was epic, we called it Scrubs the movie. If you recall, it's the one where Donald and I have a permission slip from Elliott that allows JD to sleep with Heather Graham's character and we go on an epic night long quest to find Molly to give her the permission slip.
Speaker 3: I have a question for you when you were making this episode, did you realize when you were making it how big of an episode it was?
Speaker 5: For you to have to execute.
Speaker 1: Yes, I knew I knew it. Bill. Bill's a big brother to us both, and it's always been competitive with me, like we don't play sports. So the competition came in like in other ways. So it came in like, okay, it was after garden State and he's like, garden State was a success, and he's like, okay, you can direct. Here's the script. And it was like the most epic impossible thing. You know. We shot an episode of Scrubs traditionally in five days and you had to write them, so they were they were executable in five days. And this was you remember Donald, We were like, oh, we were on the Universal back lot. There was an ambulance chase with ancient. It was huge, and I just remember being like, oh my god, he's totally testing if I can pull this off, and I did, and I did. I think it's I mean, we were ziplining across the Universal backlock.
Speaker 5: Let's save it for that episode.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: Sorry you got me talking about because I really love that episode.
Speaker 5: Okay, so now we're at this awesome w No, you're going too fast.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about Sammy, the legendary Sammy Lloyd has some good stuff in this episode.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, okay, yeah, five.
Speaker 1: Oh nine, Sammy Lloyd comes in and uh, I remember now because he's covered in sweat. Yeah, right, right before, right before it takes they would sweat Sam up so he would totally look like he was always on the verge of a panic attack. Yes, yes, and and and Kelso goes to him, tell him Todd. He goes, it's ted, but it's ted even it's only been twelve years. And then at five twenty seven he laughed when he goes and then if this, if that happens, the higher ups heads are going to roll. And then he starts laughing. Yeah, very funny. Y. Yeah, Sam has some funny shit later later on in the MRI room run Away with Me, Yeah, he was run away with it. And then before that way I wrote down something. It was so funny. He says. Since my wife left me, I find it hard to see past the evil, right, something about like I can't date women since my wife left me, I find it hard to see past the evil.
Speaker 5: Now he finds love again. He finds love on the show later too, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah with Mazuchi, right with the gooch. Yeah, the Gooch played by Kate mccuchi, who's a very talented gal and plays the and sings really well and plays the ukulele very well. Yes so, Donald Liz bogush I. She did a great job. Of course that's her voice. Imagine getting apart good things. She knew she had two more episodes coming up, because imagine getting a part in and be like, hey, we're never going to see your face and I'd forgotten at the end of the episode. They were clever enough to not even reveal her.
Speaker 5: That was cool, right, and you had to wait until the next episode.
Speaker 1: Right, But it wasn't even like to be continued. It was like some of the audience fight be like, oh, we never see her, you know, right?
Speaker 3: Well that's that's also very interesting because this is so at some point during the season, the show does start to connect where it becomes a serial, right, where it becomes uh, is that the right way to put it?
Speaker 1: Where yeah, when when they're when they're you know, when they're going.
Speaker 3: In every episode is connected to and then it breaks apart again. I always like the fact that you could tune into Scrubs and no matter what episode you catch it on, it's.
Speaker 1: Like you you know, yeah, you can watch it out of order, as I'm sure they aired it on syndication out of order, I imagine.
Speaker 5: But but but this specific, these specific two episodes.
Speaker 1: Well people would also you know, yeah, and certain actors would do arcs. You know, they do three, you know, I think Liz did three. All right, but come on, first of all, why can't JD just bend down and look into the damn machine.
Speaker 5: I don't know, man, I don't.
Speaker 3: That's you know, I'm if if you're worried about that, If you're worried about that, you're not really watching the show.
Speaker 1: I know, Donald, But I'm telling you they nationalized it a little bit. You can tell the writers were wrestling with this because they were like, oh, no, she's hurt herself. We can't move her. Otherwise it was like, oh, come on, girl, just climb out of the fucking time, right, just or if you're that worried, slide a backboard in there and help some dudes slide her out, I mean, get her out. But but it is very clever. But I just want to say that, uh, the device was a little like, come on, buddy, just just peek in there. JD.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, she's just see what you would just see nostrils and forehead.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, if you've ever if you ever had an MRI I and I have, you're deep in that. You're deep in that thing.
Speaker 5: You're all the way in there, You're all the way in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what the hell kind of MRI Liz Bogers was getting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just ahead, I guess. But even when it's just ahead, you're all the way in.
Speaker 1: You want to take a break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should cut the commercial. They'll be here two minutes. So let's you know what we should do.
Speaker 1: Give me a break, Give me a break. I'm not gonna save the brand.
Speaker 5: And we're back with Donald Fazon and Zach Braff talking about this awesome wonner. Finally, I've been dying to talk about this for the entire episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this this woner shot that starts at six fifty six. It goes for a full minute. It's very cleverly choreographed. And and here's Jackie. Hi, Hi, Jackie, jack Jackie.
Speaker 5: Jackie's phone. I use hi.
Speaker 2: I was gonna use my computer, but at the very old computer, and it just wasn't working at all.
Speaker 1: No worries where just clad you're here. Welcome to fake doctors, real friends.
Speaker 5: Ladies and gentlemen. Please welcome Jackie. Jack is here to surprise someone.
Speaker 1: Oh another surprise, Joelle. You are just making people's months.
Speaker 5: I needed to pick me up and Jack did it.
Speaker 1: So Jackie, what's the story here?
Speaker 2: So at the end of this month is my boyfriend's thirtieth birthday, and I've been trying to forge out when I wanted to give him, and he has no idea what he wants. So I thought this would be a really nice surprise because we both are huge fans and we just finished we watched watching it Adie for the millions time. We watched it once a year together.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you so much. That's that's really cool. Donald, we got to this is a this is a thirtieth birthday present. We gotta like, do you want to straighten your shirt or something? Do you want to change your shirt? Because what's his name, Jackie?
Speaker 4: Sean?
Speaker 1: Sean?
Speaker 5: All right, Sean.
Speaker 1: You know it'll be funny if you tell Donald and I something about Sean that we they we couldn't possibly know, and we'll throw it out there during the conversation.
Speaker 2: He is a very big D and D person.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Donald, Donald, Donald can tap into that.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is a very big Dungeons and Dragons person. We actually are in a campaign. No, he does not, he does not DM, not yet. He's m I'm in my very first game with him right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, how do you? Congratulations? I guess sorry play? Have you played Dungeons and Dragons before or is this your first time?
Speaker 1: This is my person and are you liking it?
Speaker 2: I am like you, and we're having it to do remotely unfortunately because of the pandemic going on, but it's still really fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would imagine a lot of D and D folks are doing this online.
Speaker 5: These days, right, yeah they are. You can good games?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Can we get into a game, Donald? Because you like it? Right?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 5: I just it depends on what their rules are, you know what I mean certain rules are? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man, you play, you know, I grew up playing Dungeons and Dragons and so you kind of get used to your DM and then you go and play in somebody else's world and you're like, this is nothing like how I remember playing it.
Speaker 1: Now, it can take a very long time, right, we don't have that much can we go? Can we do a campaign? Can we do a short campaign? Are you able to do a short campaign?
Speaker 2: It's possible. Yes.
Speaker 5: How long is the campaign that you're on right now? How long have you been doing it for?
Speaker 2: We have been doing it, I want to say for about a month, the same campaign. We meet up once a week and we'll play for about four hours.
Speaker 3: So you guys play like short hours. You don't really do the eight hour nine hour D and.
Speaker 2: D unfortunately not because some of them, like my boyfriend has to go in the work in the morning.
Speaker 3: H right, So we used to that used to be the jam, playing D and D until the sun came up, and then sleeping all day and then getting back together that night and playing D and D again.
Speaker 2: Oh he has had campaigns like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we used to love that. And I grew up in the inner city, so I used to play D and D with a bunch of drug dealers.
Speaker 5: It's us.
Speaker 1: Why did you end up in a D and D with drug dealers?
Speaker 5: Because I grew up with a bunch of drug dealers as friends, dude, that's why.
Speaker 1: So would they have to would they have to pause the campaign to deal drugs?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, no no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: But it would just be funny because you know it's funny listening to your boy two ki rolling dice, Like, so I pull out my you know, I'd reach into my bag a holding, then pull out my sword plus five swing.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: You know, rolling dice turns into something completely different when you're in the hood. Yo, it's something completely different, yo. And then you know what I mean, you roll a twenty side dice. This is the dope thing about twenty side dice. You could either do a twenty side dice or you could do a ten sided and a six sided I think at the same time.
Speaker 5: And that's the same thing, right, And so you roll, and it's like rolling dice.
Speaker 3: You like blowing on the shit, hitting it off the feet, off the dogs, yoo, on the table.
Speaker 5: You got rules. If it goes off the if it goes off the board, it doesn't count. Then you get particular about it.
Speaker 3: Like let's say it does go off the board, but you roll a natural twenty, which is a critical hit in the game that my buddy would DM and it rolled off the board, you'd fight five hours, like, yo, just.
Speaker 5: Please let this stand, let this be I just love playing D and D.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe maybe Sean will let us into his game. He would, you'll bring that up.
Speaker 5: We'll bring that up in the conversation, like kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: I made him hide in our bedroom.
Speaker 1: What does he think it's gonna happen? Does? Does he have any idea what's about to happen?
Speaker 5: He's like, Yo, she's.
Speaker 2: I guess it, but not really.
Speaker 1: I hope we're the best of his guesses.
Speaker 5: What if I doubt it, He's gonna be like, you need this this He's like, what the hell is bullshit?
Speaker 1: I thought I was getting a new D and D dog.
Speaker 2: Ready, I need to sit next to you.
Speaker 1: You gotta put the earphone in his ear. I'm sorry to direct you. Happy birthday, Happy birthday, Happy birthday to your Happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, Happy birthday too, Happy birthday, Happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Hi Sean?
Speaker 5: Is Sean's birthday?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: You can stop, mister third.
Speaker 1: Day Donald, Let the man speak.
Speaker 5: Jackie hooked it up.
Speaker 1: You got a good girlfriends, real friends. You're doing man, Happy, happy birthday.
Speaker 5: Is this a surprise you expected?
Speaker 1: We want to make sure that we're better than the surprise you were expecting.
Speaker 8: Well, I did make a guess earlier was it was it us? Yeah, it was you, but it was like out of the world, like, yeah, sure, I bet what maybe you did this. I thought I had like a friend coming over or something, but this is, uh, this is.
Speaker 5: A friend coming over during quarantine. That's what you wanted?
Speaker 1: Yes, no, Sean, no friends only maybe a masked friend. I don't all right, right, hey man, Well, thank you for for liking our show and for being fans of us. We we we really appreciate it. And it's so it's so one of the cool things about this podcast is we get to randomly meet fans and and uh and it's it's so it's much fun for us to be able to see your face and talk to you.
Speaker 5: Absolutely. It's like it's like when we played D and D and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we wish you were in the D and D because we were gonna invite you into our game, but we we hear you're not into it.
Speaker 5: No, it's just like when we play right, and it's like, you know, you're going up against god.
Speaker 1: I grew up, I grew up playing I grew up playing I grew up playing with I grew up playing with with drug dealers in my in my hometown. I was gonna take I was gonna take your whole story and make the mind and impress Sean. Yeah, there's two key.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So so tell us about yourself, Sean. We want to get to know you briefly.
Speaker 2: We have you.
Speaker 1: Oh, where do you guys live?
Speaker 4: We live in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Speaker 5: Virginia, in the house right right right, West Virginia.
Speaker 1: What do you guys do for a living?
Speaker 4: I'm a pharmacy technician.
Speaker 2: Nice currently I work at Alta Beauty as a prestige beauty price. They're sorry put makeup on people for a living right now, but you're.
Speaker 1: Not able to do that, I imagine right now, or maybe you guys are open, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We are open just for curbs I pick up, so only my managers are currently working. I have been home for the past month and a half.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're not gonna be able to go to the curb and put makeup on someone in the car, unfortunately, not.
Speaker 3: When and when you are reopen, I imagine it's going to be masks and gloves as you Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, Sean, have you still been working because pharmacies are obviously open.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, still nothing every day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so no time to play Dungeons and Dragons.
Speaker 1: Then, yeah, how are you able to do your campaign?
Speaker 8: You know, she was telling you, We've been doing We've been doing like Skyper, Google hangouts and there's a lot of online.
Speaker 4: Us to use.
Speaker 2: You're in three campaigns right now, I'm playing three different games.
Speaker 5: Well, what kind of character you do you have?
Speaker 3: Like I had a I had a cleric in one, and then I had a monk and another like my my, my brother. At one point, the DM got funky in the game we were playing and he got to play a ogre magi, which was so sick.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, can the DM?
Speaker 1: Can the DM make up any rules he or she wants?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's their world, yep.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm currently playing a a goliath fighter in one. I'm playing a halfling rogue in another, and a half elf draconic sorcerer in the third one.
Speaker 3: Nice do you guys have dark elves and with elves and all of that stuff? And oh yeah yeah, it's so such a fun game, man, oh man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's uh, it's a lot of fun. I've made a lot of friends through.
Speaker 1: It and uh, that's cool. And so now that it's all online, does that make it easier for you or is it just as fun or do you prefer to be in person like around the table?
Speaker 4: I prefer to be in person table. It's just you know, it's just uh, some of the games have maybe six seven people in it, so it's kind of a big group to do online, a lot of screens to go through. It's just easier to do in person. But it's still you know, it's still scratches that itch and people.
Speaker 5: Get really passionate about it, right, I say, do you talk shit when you play?
Speaker 3: Are you one of those people that's like, yeah, I'm about to crack this motherfucker upside.
Speaker 1: Wow, Sean. Sean doesn't seem like they like he would say something like that, Donald, Okay, not so much. Maybe do you guys ever get heated? Do you guys ever get heated and get in fights like I should have? That should have worked that role.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's been some uh, there's been some friendly conflict in some games.
Speaker 5: But yeah, do you guys have a question?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we forgot that. You're supposed ask a question, Sean. You can ask us anything, Sean, you can ask you know how on Reddit they have Ama ask me anything, this is your own personal birthday, Donald Faison, Zach braf Ama.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it could be anything.
Speaker 1: It could anything Donald. You can even ask Donald a very private question and he'll answer it.
Speaker 5: I'll make it, don't blow it, Sean, I.
Speaker 1: Was ready, Okay, Well, well, Jackie, maybe while he thinks, do you have a question to help him out?
Speaker 5: I've had a.
Speaker 2: Question because we we've discussed while we listen to your podcast, like if you're ever on here, what we want to ask Yeah, while we're watching Scrubs. So I assume you all have seen that the last season, season nine was not the best season.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you're talking.
Speaker 1: We don't even know there is a nine. I didn't know there was a season nine.
Speaker 5: What are you talking, Jackie.
Speaker 1: The first rule of season nine is there is no season.
Speaker 4: Don't talk about it.
Speaker 2: Well, they make it a season nine on Hulu. So I was kind of just wondering, like, you're just your own feelings on season nine.
Speaker 5: In general, I.
Speaker 3: Thought season nine had some very funny moments. You know, I was going through a lot during season nine, Like I got new teeth while we were doing season nine. So there are a couple of episodes where my teeth are like.
Speaker 1: I didn't know your teeth didn't come till season nine, And.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's when I started. That's when I changed it up, yo, and got these big ass pearlies. Anyway, there's some really funny performances in season nine. Dave Franco makes me laugh, you know, in season nine, and outside of the show. I have great memories of season nine. I also have really bad memories of season nine. I knew it was over, and I knew it we weren't necessarily making the show that the fans wanted.
Speaker 1: But did you miss me?
Speaker 5: Well, you were in a lot of the episode.
Speaker 1: I was only in the first six.
Speaker 5: We only did thirteen.
Speaker 1: Well did you miss me for the seven?
Speaker 5: I missed you so much. I missed you so much.
Speaker 3: But the point is, I, you know, I didn't mind season nine. Granted I never really watched any of the episodes of Scrubs anyway, so it all kind of seems. It all felt like we were still doing our job.
Speaker 1: But it was weird too. It was weird for multiple reasons. One, I was leaving and that was in the air. Also, also eight seasons had been shot, as I'm sure you may know from just us talking about it in the past, in this abandoned hospital. And then for season nine we moved to a traditional studio backlot and all, and so they built that fake hospital on a stage and the classroom stuff was all on a stage, and it felt weird to me. It felt like jump the sharky a bit, if you will.
Speaker 5: If you're gonna jump a shark, you might as well do it. Season nine.
Speaker 1: Though well we did. I mean, you know, we were so blessed we went nine seasons, but it just felt I don't know, I felt weird about it, and I to this day, it's gonna be funny if we keep going and decide to make it Disease nine. It's gonna be really funny for me because I've never seen them, so I will be watching them for the very first time. But I know, Dave Franco was so funny. And I like to say I discovered Krrie Bochet because I put her in a pilot and then Bill saw the pilot and yeah, and I think carry a Northwestern graduate mind you, is very talented. But but I don't know, it was weird. There was a weird energy in there, you know, you know when when I think we all knew something was it was coming to an end, and we kind of we kind of knew his time for it to be over, but we kind of didn't want it to be over. And and I think in Bill's mind it was like, you know, if these new kids, if this gels with the audience, this could take off like like er you know, and and and just keep putting in new cast and have it keep going.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I remember the moment I realized. I was like, holy shit, I'm screech. Holy shit, I'm scre you were screeching, and and and and and John.
Speaker 5: C Is Belding. I was like, holy shit. Yeah, especially if.
Speaker 4: I did I did read.
Speaker 8: I don't know if you guys talked about it or I also looked it up that it was almost supposed Season nine was almost supposed to be like a not a spin off kind of but like you know, they were gonna call it something different, like.
Speaker 5: Well, it is a spin off.
Speaker 3: It's not the same episode if you if you if it's not the same show, if you recognize Season nine came like a year and a half later, and not necessarily a year later, like.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, Yeah, I was, I was leaving, and the the idea was to help launch this new series, So JD would be there for six episodes to like make the audience feel like it wasn't that different, and then I would tiptoe out and and hand the vo literally off to Carrie Bouche and and it was gonna be like Scrubs. Med School was kind of like the idea, right, yeah, and you know we're teachers now, but we had.
Speaker 5: Gotten so far into the silly realm by that time too, you know what I mean, Like it was very broad. Yeah, absolutely, dude, like you and I dressed up as a cowboy.
Speaker 1: And what was the name of that guy who I think may have passed? He was very funny, the security guard guy.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, did he pass away?
Speaker 1: He did pass away? Yes, Joell's going to get his name for us. He was fun He was very funny. I remember doing some funny stuff with him while I was there for season nine.
Speaker 5: Do you have another questioning?
Speaker 4: I'm just entrance shock. Yes.
Speaker 1: Do you even request Donald concernade you with the song?
Speaker 4: The only request is that if I can do a it's a sequence of numbers that after the numbers a song plays you guys always doing the podcast. I don't want to say it because if I say.
Speaker 5: It, Oh you want to do it? Wait, I would have done it already.
Speaker 1: No, he's very respectful.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that, but I would have.
Speaker 1: Off Dan listen, listen, you would be You're allowed to do it because it's a special occasion. And by the way, a lot of a lot of people sorry, it's Wendell of middlebrooks uh. And he was hilarious and I'm sad to say that he did pass. He was a very, very funny man and he was on Season nine Scrubs. This is a security guard. But a lot of talk on the social media about Bill Lawrence and these numbers this week, and I think people were cracking up about how Bill kept doing that, and these numbers are all over my my timeline. I don't know if if it's happened to you too, Donald.
Speaker 3: No, I I I I knew exactly what he was talking about when he said, I'm very impressed that he asked if he could do it, and he's.
Speaker 1: Unlike Bill, he's a respectful man.
Speaker 2: Made it.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, like, but now you're taking it from your Donald.
Speaker 1: Stopping. Listen, listen, and uh it's your birthday. You're the very first person we've allowed to do this. Who's not Donald? Bill Lawrence? A right? Oh, Judy did to.
Speaker 5: Judy did it? And so did Uh what's her name?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: The caller didn't she?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, you're right. You ruined, you ruined the specialness of it.
Speaker 4: As I'm not the only person.
Speaker 1: Well, you're the you're, you're, you're one a few other than Donald and I.
Speaker 5: You're way too respectful, Sean. I'm gonna say that you're way too respectful.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, thank you for calling in. Happy birthday. And as you leave, you may yell those, don't yell them because Dan's just she's but Donald let me direct Sean go ahead.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, dude. I didn't mean to get in the way.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sean, you can do it however you like. Thank you for coming on the show. Happy birthday.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys so much. This is amazing.
Speaker 9: Go Ford Sewan five s stories show. May okay, damn turn it off.
Speaker 5: D that's enough.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Dan. Okay, we're back. Thank you guys for coming on. Happy Happy, happy.
Speaker 5: Birth Happy birthdays. So much.
Speaker 1: May all your how do you. How do you wish someone well on a Duncan duncan on a D and D campaign, you say like, may your journey be successful or something like that.
Speaker 4: That sounds great.
Speaker 1: May or may all of your May all of your journeys be successful. May the dice fall in your favor.
Speaker 4: That's perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 5: I wish you. I wish you twenty five critical hits in your next campaign.
Speaker 1: May a warlock never eat your brain.
Speaker 5: I hope you never see the eyes of a beholder.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If you ever come across an elf and his name is Jasper, ignore him.
Speaker 5: Elf with the bow is so cliche.
Speaker 1: Okay, bye, guys, we have the show is going on forever.
Speaker 5: Donald, this is a long one, huh.
Speaker 1: I know, I know what we got it going on, D and D and and uh and and so many other things. French fries.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's get back into it. Okay, So we were talking about the awesome.
Speaker 1: Uh, I think we've done the one or Justice Johnny's great Charles Pappard, the city came operated a fine job to choreograph Lomark.
Speaker 5: Buckland missed a man amazing Okay. Uh. Then you with the medical jargon, I know, dude.
Speaker 1: I want to say that was badass, and I was watching him going go Zach because at nine ten, I have a big ass chunk of jargon. And for all of you in the medical profession, who know what the hell I'm saying. You guys are smart and all I had to do was memorize it. I didn't get too many of those, but that was a doozy.
Speaker 5: That was a doozy. Also, the return of Jimmy Walker.
Speaker 1: Oh so funny. Why are you oh always in my fan No? Why am I?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Ways the way you got a problem man? Yeah, by the way, you mentioned it last time, Jimmy Walker showed up and he makes really fun bizarre choices. Yes, like why are you oh in my fantasies? Yeah you got a problem man?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. That was hilarious, though very interesting line reads. It makes it very very funny. Yeah, that was he was kid dynamite.
Speaker 1: A little bit of trivia on Sarah Chalk in the Catcher outfit. She looks very cute at eleven forty two, but she's wearing a left handed mint Donald.
Speaker 5: Well that's for camera purposes, obviously, I guess so.
Speaker 1: But I'm telling you I looked on the on the on the trivia, and Sarah's a right hander, she shouldn't be wearing a left handed mint.
Speaker 5: Throw it right here, right here. She was help me to help you. I don't know how she didn't laugh with him doing that in her face.
Speaker 1: I think she did. I think I'm to help you, I'm sure. On the gagriel, which is probably on YouTube, you can see her cracking up at that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and now finally, Yeah, it wasn't my final one. Doctor Kelso saying doctor Kelso, I'm not suing the hospital and then him walking out was my biggest laugh of the show. I said it before, I'll say it again. That shit was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Man, that was funny. My heart hates Ugos for fourteen forty fourteen. That's funny, but I mean, it's a funny line. But first of all, I'm no piece of art, and the idea that JD was saying he ates Uggos is a bit ridiculous because I'm no Brad Pitt myself. But it was funny.
Speaker 5: But it was very funny. Yeah, very funny.
Speaker 1: That end song is supposed to be five for Fighting Easy Tonight, for licensing purposing purposes. I listened to it on Was it that on who? You listen on Hulu?
Speaker 5: No, I saw it on Hulu.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that for sure, Yeah it wasn't. I was on iTunes and it wasn't on iTunes. So, just to reiterate, some of you have heard say this a thousand times, but those of you who hadn't because there was no streaming and such when this show was made, and these licensing agreements were made with these songs unless you're watching them in certain places you have the DVDs of course, or most of the time, when you purchase it, like really purchase it iTunes or Amazon, the songs will be the original songs, I believe. But when you stream, some of those contracts have expired or didn't cover streaming. So someone who we never know and has nothing to do with Bill or Christa who did a lot of the music, just put songs in. I'd love to meet that person. Maybe Joelle can, Maybe Joelle can do a homework assignment on a very special episode of We Got to Bring That. We gotta find that person and be like some mysterious intern at Disney was responsible for just putting in random songs Because I was watching this this montage moment with Sarah starting to kick as in the ICU, and I said to myself, this music isn't moving me. And one of the great things about Scrubs is when they would find the perfect they slash, we would find the perfect bit of music and it would give you goosebumps, and it took the show to the next level. And people love that about the show. And it just goes to show you you can't just stick any old song in there, because a lot of the magic of this montage for me was lost because the song did nothing for me. No offense to those musicians. It's a lovely song, but it wasn't that magic that happens when you find just the right song. And I bet that five for Fighting Easy Tonight's song would have been perfect. Son you tell Judy you love her? At twenty twenty twelve, I was surprised by that. Why you break up for the whole episode?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't think he's trying to break I think I think he's panicking. Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 3: I think the fact that he got upset about her taking the fries panicked him, because that's a sign of I really do care.
Speaker 5: About. You know what this how this girl makes me feel.
Speaker 3: I care so much that I'm starting to recognize patterns, you know what I mean. And when you start to recognize patterns, you're invested. And I think Turk realized, Holy cow, I'm so invested in Carla that and and and it's it's it's new for me. Therefore, he snaps with the French Fries and he doesn't know how to take it. And when it comes time to, you know, break up with her, what she thinks is about to happen, he tells her the truth.
Speaker 5: You know, the writers so much.
Speaker 1: The writers did a good job with that mislead, because I again haven't seen this in twenty years, and I was like, oh did they break up for a few episodes. I had no idea that you were about to say I love you.
Speaker 5: Oh, right on.
Speaker 1: You did a good job though you were. It was a very heartfelt moment. And you're a nine actor, Donald.
Speaker 5: Faizoon, Oh, Zach Braff, you are a fine actor.
Speaker 1: Two more small things. First time doctor Cox ever calls Sarah Barbie. Okay, just a little trivia for you.
Speaker 5: The two of them together was really fun. They were really good together.
Speaker 1: They were good. They were good combo. And lastly, because there's girl Scout cookies in this episode, do you want to tell the listeners what your favorite Girl Scout cookie is? Joelle? Do you want to go first? Will don't?
Speaker 5: I don't fuck?
Speaker 2: What you?
Speaker 5: Gho style kikies? Whoa fighting?
Speaker 1: Where's Donald?
Speaker 2: How can you have by cookies from these adorable little girls?
Speaker 1: I don't care about the girls. I care about the cookie.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, say, I think the cookies are overpriced?
Speaker 1: You don't, Okay, But for the sake of this fucking exercise, can you name your favorite dick?
Speaker 5: I'll fuck with girl Scott cook?
Speaker 1: Oh, I got all right, Joelle? But Joelle, what's your favorite? I like Samoa's.
Speaker 5: Samoas are delicious. That a frozen tag along, though, is my favorite. It's the chocolate and peanut buttery one.
Speaker 1: You're one of those ones? Dan, you want to weigh in favorite girls cookie? Oh he's got a box?
Speaker 3: Oh shit, he's got a box of samoas Samoa's. Just do you have a niece or something like that that you had to buy?
Speaker 5: Where did you get those I see those girls, I see those girls and their mom on the corner and I'm like, and they're like, girl scott cookies. Do you know my mom?
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, Dan, Dan, what where did you get those? They come to my parents' neighborhood all the time. Okay, so they always hit me up, they said, Dan, they're coming around throws in order and I get in between five and tag boxes of samoas. You know what they're doing?
Speaker 5: Money?
Speaker 1: You know what they're doing?
Speaker 2: Money?
Speaker 1: Shut up, downs. You're supporting a charity, all right, listen?
Speaker 5: Oh is it for charity?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they give it to they do girlscout things with it.
Speaker 5: What girls?
Speaker 1: Can you think they're just pocketing the money and putting badges on their ship.
Speaker 5: So let me get this straight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you think the girls cut cookies aren't doing with that money, let me get a prom.
Speaker 5: Hold on, let me get this straight.
Speaker 3: So, when you were a kid and you had to sell candy for something, you didn't pocket that money.
Speaker 1: No, And I never had one of those things because I wasn't involved in any of those activities.
Speaker 5: You ain't pocket that money. No, you're you're.
Speaker 1: Admitting to the audience that you stole fucking charity money to.
Speaker 5: Shop the price. All you gotta do is up the price.
Speaker 3: Oh god, instead of making it a dollar, you make it a dollar fifty and you walk away with fifty cent.
Speaker 5: You know this is these are these are this is like, uh, how to hustle?
Speaker 3: You want to learn how to hustle. This is the perfect way to hustle. Listen, they gave Listen they give kids. There's a reason why when you see those kids with the candy and the chocolate bars, that they're charging you five dollars for the chocolate.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Will this Peloton character be back on the next episode or is he just in this episode?
Speaker 5: He might just be this episode. But I didn't drink. Hey, check this out. I didn't drink this episode.
Speaker 1: Drink, but all worked up because of a Peloton instructor.
Speaker 3: Because of a Peloton instructor, and how my wife responded to him. I was like, so that was really interesting that you you know, you made me, you gave me that guy. She's like, well, I rode with him this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh oh okay, Casey Kom got all worked up by this guy.
Speaker 5: I think she might have got worked Bet he's got better abs than you.
Speaker 1: Donald.
Speaker 5: He definitely has better abs than me. He has better guns than me.
Speaker 1: He's probably got better season, way more stamina than I have. Hey, listen, I just want to tell you something. What these girl Scouts are doing in California is setting up outside the weed chops because weed is legal here, even for recreational, as it is in several other states.
Speaker 5: So you're telling me that's not a hustle. So you're telling me that.
Speaker 1: That's a smart hustle.
Speaker 3: That's a hilarious So it's not a smart hustle to up the price of girl Scout cookies. No, just a smarter hustle just to stay in front of these You're not allowed to have a weed shop within feet of children, right, they're breaking the law. You're breaking the law, Girl Scouts. If you're lining up in front of the weed shop, you're breaking the law. So Donald is now gonna get you, putting the weed shop in jeopardy.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna get it out there.
Speaker 1: You're gonna go out there and uh and start breaking it up. Right, get out in front of my wheed shop. But let me get a box of Samoa's.
Speaker 5: First. I'm gonna call the cops. I'm gonna call the cops on them.
Speaker 1: But first let me get a box of ten minutes.
Speaker 5: The only right, the only way, Loda, what's the what's the actual retail price? What's the actual retail.
Speaker 1: We've kept you people for an hour and a half. We love you, Thank you for listening. This has been fig doctors with real friends, counting in Donald.
Speaker 5: Boy six seven, eight stories.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure. We made about a bunch of docs and nurses.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 6: I said, here's the stories, nets, So yeada
Speaker 5: Round here, yeada here, No