Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news the single best idea. And we're careful here in the last number of days in real conversation among the team about getting the right guests on the news in the Eastern Mediterranean over to Tehran. We're really working and not getting pundits and what's it mean for the election and that, but just people that are steeped the region and that have experience as well. Robert D. Kaplan has been affiliated with Brookings. He was a Eurasia group with Ian Bremer and he is absolutely definitive with a series of books. I'm going to say ten books, which is basically get out the map and go, and that has been his esteemed career. Whether you agree or disagree with him, he gets out the map and he goes. He visits, He parachutes in to troubled regions across all of the globe. The Loom of Time was my book of the Year last year. It's just spectacular, going from Morocco and Gibraltar all the way over to the Fertile Crescent. He has a new effort. I really want to emphasize I've never done this before. It's almost an election book. It's one hundred and fifteen pages warning. Its dense, no mathematics, but a lot of dense thinking, taking us from the Greeks forward to how we think today. It is the tragic behind fear, fate and the burden of power. Robert T. Kep I can't say enough about this effort. He visited with us this morning. Robert T. Kamplan on how to end the tragedy of the Eastern Mediterranean.
Speaker 2: I think the fate of the Eastern Mediterranean is that we will be in this cycle of wars, cease fires, negotiations until or is a domestic change in the regime inside Iran. Remember, the Cold War ended not because of a battle was won or anything international. It ended for it because of a domestic reason. The Soviet system collapsed. And I think at some point the regime in Iran will transform, transition or collapse on its own, not from an invasion or anything. And at that point the whole Middle East will be different. You'll see diplomatic relations between Iran and Israel, lots of other big changes. But the key thing to watch here is that if the Israeli attack can do something that will the Israeli counterattack can do something that will seriously embarrass the regime and Tehran in the minds of its own people.
Speaker 1: We continue with the Roberty cap on, a theme that we've had over the last number of days of looking at it. They're modern politics versus the time of it's ak Rabin.
Speaker 2: It'sak Rabin first of all, would not be the leader of such a right wing, extreme Israeli government. Yitzhak Rabin was comfortable negotiating with people who, frankly, frankly, with Americans who frankly, were much smarter than the Biden administration. The Biden President. Biden made a big mistake in the last forty eight hours. He he said publicly that Israel should not attack the Iranian nuclear facilities. That's something you communicate privately, not publicly, because you should never tell your enemy what you're not gonna do, never take anything off the table. Yitzhak Rabin was a really wily operator, and I think now he's you know, given this situation right at this moment, being would hit Iran very hard. So though rob Bean and Neatsanya, who are from two opposite ends of the political spectrum in Israel, at this moment, they would be this, you know, they would be aligned Robert Kaplan.
Speaker 1: And again I can't say enough about the tragic mind, your fate in the burden of power. It's what I'm reading right now. Got to slip this in. It's too important. Nathan Sheet's with us some City group today. He's really good at really high level reports on where we are and what we don't know. In the Jobs Day tomorrow on Nathan Sheets on the strangeness of our productivity.
Speaker 3: I think at the moment we're seeing very strong productivity growth. Again, I'm interpreting that as post pandemic kind of cyclical adjustment. But nevertheless, underneath that, I am a productivity poll. I think this new AI technology that's being developed is fundamental, and I think that out you know, three five, seven years, we are likely in the United States and over time globally to have a significant productivity devindad on the order of what we saw with the integration of the Internet in the late nineties.
Speaker 2: So I am polish.
Speaker 3: I think that AI is the real deal.
Speaker 1: Nathan Sheets of City Group there, and of course a good overlay into the mysteries of eight thirty tomorrow morning. We'll go beneath the headline data. Michael McKee, leading our coverage there of a hugely anticipated jobs report. We're on YouTube. Subscribe to Bloomberg podcasts on your commute, Apple Car Play, Android Auto Along the Corridor ninety two nine FM Boston, ninety nine to one Washington, Our flagship Bloomberg eleven to three oh in New York City, where the Mets played tonight. This is single best idea.
Speaker 3: NB admits we were interclud in er