Speaker 1: All right, we're good.
Speaker 2: You like.
Speaker 3: Busting with the boys, hanging with the fast, betting.
Speaker 4: On the game, No moment's gonna tell us would.
Speaker 5: Not be.
Speaker 3: We're here just.
Speaker 4: Drinking beer and making nan Baby, I'm hanging with the feelers, busting with the boys.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 6: We're rolling, We are rolling. We were just listening to the guitar solo from Lanyard skinnerd free Bird, which we will talk about in this podcast. Might need to be added to the national anthem. We'll get to that in just a minute. What I want to get to right now is the most American truck ever made, and that's the chef you Silvana just got my if the text is part from my Canadian wife, Let's see here, presented by our good friends at Chevy. Playoff season reminds us that every weekend count student also so sad playoffs are over, but there's more sports like hockey to help you pack your more into your weekend. Chevy is packed more into the silver Water Trail Boss. More capability, more muscle, more smarts. I thought they were describing me. For a second, pause for laughter, pause for laughter. All right, we're talking about the Chevy Silverwater Trail Boss. The truck that says no to nothing, tailgates, road chips, dy projects like transforming an old bus into recording studio. Maybe bring it on. Will Compton himself, he always says in his Chevy Silver rodo What's he said to himself? He says, bring it on. That's what he says. That's because the Silverwater Trailer Boss has everything you need for anything for the weekend calls for. With four hundred and ninety five pounds per feet of torque, the Z seventy one suspension has a two inch factory lift. The Trail Boss has top tier strength and agility. Pair with the latest truck tech inside and out. The result is a truck that can do it all then show up on Monday with stories for ages. So learn more about the Silverwater of Trail Boss at Chevy dot com. Cheval a together, Let's drive. Speaking of driving. Speaking of drive, we're gonna get into So the boys have had a hell of a season. Football season is behind us. It's lightly in the rearview mirror of our Chevy Silverados. It was a fantastic fall ended with a little bit of a bump in the road with New Orleans. We went over that two weeks ago or last week, my God Will comes on the show, has himself a little breakdown of the Super Bowl. I did not watch that. I had my own opinions of it. Here's my short opinion. I'll give it to you a real quick here's a sparknot version. Philly off Eagles. Absolutely Hammer fucked them. Boys from Kansas City. Tough to see, obviously, everyone saw me. Absolutely their words, not mine, glazing. Patrick Mahomes that little thing. I think he's a stud, he's the baby goat. I think Travis Kelcey hopefully comes back for one year, gets his what's right, because you never want to see a guy go off on the wrong foot when's alread. He won so many Super Bowls. But the Philadelphia Eagles absolutely dominated the performance. They own the trenches inside and out, not just on the offensive side of the ball, but also on the defensive side of the ball. So congratulations to them. Mitchell May put in a nice little big bet for the Kansas City Chiefs. Guess what Mitch lost? It lost all that money. I put a big bet into Big Boy bet. Three p would love to see all those things. Guess what got hammer fucked on that one? One thing you can't get hammer fucked on is Burt Kreischer. My god, three hundred and twenty five pound bench bress. That's a pr for not only him, but maybe most of the world. He did three twenty That was the bet, and he said that was so nice, We're gonna do it twice. We put five more pounds on it.
Speaker 1: Did that.
Speaker 6: So that being said, he's having himself a Las Vegas Show double down. It's March twenty first and twenty second at Resorts World in Las Vegas. I will not be there, but I wish I was because everybody knows how much I love Las Vegas. And then we said that we're going to talk about his tour. Oh, you can get tickets at Bert Bert Berts dot com, So Burt times three dot com. That's where you can get your tickets. We did say that we were only going to promote his tour. I see here, there's another dot on here about his two Bears five K that's in May fourth at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, and you can register at two Bears five k dot com. Earlybird prices ends March twenty eighth. Then know I was doing two promos for burn sounds like his little team went in there and stuck n under the rug on us a little bit.
Speaker 7: We need to talk to his team.
Speaker 6: Got to talk to his team, because that's a two fer. And one of the core values of us with the Boys is no free shoutouts. But that being said, the two Bears five k May fourth and Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Bay register now at two Bears five k dot com. Early bird pricing ends March twenty eighth. We love Burt, we love Sir Girl, we love the Bears, we love all those guys. So please do us a favor. Buy all the tickets and let him know. When you're sitting in Resorts World on March twenty first and twenty second, you start just channing the boys, Boys, boys, so they know that this promo got you there. Even if it didn't you happen to watch a show one you already got your tickets. Go ahead and do that again for a second time. Now, boys, I'm in a great mood today. I don't know if you guys know this, but I'm married a Canadian eight years I've been married and I'm on April twentieth, four to twenty will be nine years married to this woman of quick spark notes. I guess that's my trend on this podcast. Taylor and I met early January back in twenty sixteen. Five weeks later we're engaged. April twentieth, we decided to get married. So that's how quickly our relationships started. I've known her for eight years. We've been married for eight years, about to be married for nine years, so I've known her for about nine years now. Love this woman. She's incredible, one of the best people we'ved You guys know Tailoring, You guys love Taling If you don't love Taloring, and keep those words to yourself, like she's amazing. So every year we go up to Canada, and we know this break was coming for the Super Bowl, and there was talks, Hey, should we go to Norway, maybe go see some workers, go to Iceland. My wife's always wanted to go to Iceland. What if we do this exotic trip and have a little bit of fun. I'm like, well, I don't get to see Talent's family very much, so I want to go up to Canada. I want to go up to British Columbia, Canada see the family and my wife's like, are you sure the weather it's awful up there, it's gonna be the worst week of the year. Blah bla blah, this, that and the other. We end up going and it was phenomenal. It was great to see all of her family members. A couple of bad eggs, a couple bad eggs here and there, but who would family, you know, Yeah, you gotta have the little sparks here and there. You gotta go back and forth. It was great to see everybody. We have a good It was like six days of just mass cast Le's see this person, We'll see that person. But every person I go to sea, every person there's a whisper. There's always a lull in the conversation and they say to me, you know, America place Canada on Saturday. Excuse me, what was that? You know, you guys have beat us since nineteen ninety six. I'm just letting you know that America places Canada because there's always this back and forth. I get a little more prideful when I'm out of my country lines I step into Canadian land. I tried to plant my flag figuratively, not literally, just yet. I sit there and I you know, I tell her, Hey, you guys have a lot of taxes up here. Hume, we don't have that many taxes. Oh, yes, can't carry guns. We can carry guns. You know. Yeah, we had a couple problems here and there, but we get.
Speaker 1: To do that.
Speaker 6: So there's always a nice little fun back and forth. But they start clamoring, they start chirping a little bit. Connor Gallagher shout out the gags he were at Turtle Bay. He's got himself his thirtieth birthday party on Valentine's Day of all places, and all a bunch of family members come. Everyone's boozing them, one's doing muff divers, having a great time. We're like the only people in the bar, really, And you know, there's a couple of clamoring, Hey Canada, we're playing America. We're playing America. So I'm thinking to myself, I don't know anything about this. Turns out for the All Star break and you guys correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't looked too deeply into this. But this Four Nations tournament thing is new, like this is the first time they've done it. Correct, I'm getting some headshakes in the back of nothing. Verbal correct Okay, that's correct, and I.
Speaker 7: Heard this morning. It was to help promote the Olympics coming.
Speaker 6: Up, right, because they in the last Winter Olympics, they said nay, because the COVID thing everyone was wearing the mask. They said nay to the Winter Olympics. They said, we're gonna get away from that thing. So now so many years later, we're promoting it. And now we got Canada VERSUS America. I started doing a little bit of a deep dive into our America team. We're on the street. This is the best team anybody's ever seen. The other the team from nineteen ninety six when they beat Canada in the last international game they've ever played, they would probably have something to say about that. But that being said, this America team, apparently from all four corners of the United States of America. These boys are coming together and they're about to do a little damage out here. Austin Matthews, Scottsdale, Arizona, captain of Team USA. Now let me tell you, Canada where you fucked up.
Speaker 2: Just a little bit.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna let you know where you fucked up. Yeah, your whole country is within one hundred miles of the US border. I get it because up there's a frozen tunch. We got a lot of stuff going on there. And you guys live, eat, and breathe hockey. When I went to Canada, ponds everywhere, lakes everywhere, Froz and over, you see little kids four or five years old. They're out there already dangling. But now you get a lot of these prosy coming to the NHL. Where do they do when they retired? They go to Florida, They go to Arizona. So now you got like Shane Doan Austin, I don't know who his dad is, but like the Kachuck family, a whole bunch of ex hockey players are now finding themselves in the desert playing at the ice. Then just off the one oh one, these kids are growing and playing. They come fro a little bit of a hockey background. So this is where you fucked up. You let us have your players. They got down here in America and they thought to themselves, this is nice. I like being a part this. I got my green card. Let me just keep it where it's at right here. And so now Arizona destination area. If you want to be a legit hockey player, Florida destination area if you want to be a legit hockey player the Northeast. We already seen Ryan Whitney that boys an episode stud Minnesota. The state of Minnesota is the only place in the entire country you can go play high school hockey and actually get a scholarship for So Minnesota's got that laid down. The USA Junior team, you know where they're at and arbur Michigan, that's where they hang out at. A lot of these cats in the US team we're on the University of Michigan. One individuals scored a couple of goals yesterday. He was also on the team of the University of Michigan. So I start to get excited. I start to get amped up. I see Ryan Whitney on spitt and Chicklets telling biz Paul Bisnetti, who is a Canadian, their time has come. It's over. We have caught up to you. Not only have we caught up to you, we are about to supersede you as the greatest hockey country in the world. So that gets me a little juiced up. Shout out Ryan Whitney on that shout out Spitting Chicklet's. All those beautiful boys, I start diving in, I start looking into it. I'm starting to like it. I'm waiting at my gate in Seattle, so I fly from Colonna to Seattle on winning at Seattle. Later it gets over the intercoments, she goes, just so you guys know, the weather's so bad in Nashville, we might have to divert you in a different area. And now we're gonna play a little game of fall the bouncing ball here. Because I'm thinking to myself the minute that happens, if I get diverted, I hope, you God it's New Orleans. And if it's not, in no world, I'm gonna go to New Orleans because I have to figure out whatever I did that vampire boutique, because I got some bad omens going on. Luckily I landed a Nashville no problem. But as I'm getting on the getting on the plane is when the first part of the game is starting. So the first nine seconds of that game we saw three fights take place, so throughout the I have spotty WiFi on the plane. I pay the eight dollars. I went the extra mile and I paid the eight dollars. I'm sitting in the back of the plane We're bouncing up and down like a roller coaster. That thing absolutely torking like it's the Wop video in the back of that plane. And I'm watching I'm watching these boys from the USA grind their faces off. I'm watching these guys dangle. Take this guy in Connor McDavid, whoever that is, whoever that guy is. We're talking about his speed, his athleticism, his his handles, his ability, all these things. I'm watching two guys get him in the corner and Ifell tower his ass while he's getting ponied over the top, falling on his ass. I'm seeing Kachuck boys like the Bass brothers from Mighty Ducks going in ron and Canadian cats into the Board's no problem. Now this McDavid cat, who when people are whispering about apparently he's pretty good. He scores a goal quickly. My heart sinks because I know there's a bunch of beautiful people in Canada right now that are kind of hoping America goes down. That's okay, that's part of the fun rivalry I have with Taylor's family. But then the boys go not one, not two, but three unanswered. Three goals unanswered. The boys are playing such good defense. They're sitting back in the third period.
Speaker 8: Toying with them, Canadian cats, toying with them. Go ahead, go ahead and use your speed, kid, Go ahead, go ahead with those gray turnovers, because guess what between the two blue lines, you're getting that puck. You guys want to come over on this side of the ice, You're going to catch yourself a couple of fists. You're going to catch yourself a couple of hit checks in the corner. Hey, enjoy this little mitten into your jaw a little bit. How does that taste, buddy? So three periods of dominance. One small little laughs from this McDavid character, but three periods of dominance. And then I find out even more, Dude, I don't get to see the national anthem take place. I don't get to see the governor or the Prime Minister of Canada sitting in his seat booing as well with the rest of the Canadian folks in Montreal.
Speaker 6: Away game. By the way away game, you got a military cap sitting there with a microphone in his hand, and he's seeing the United States of America's national anthem. And you have the audacity, nay, the disrespect to go and boo your brother, your neighbor, someone who's gonna sit there and say I got your back no matter. Don't worry about having your own military. We're gonna protect you no problem. And you want to boo the boys. Disgusting, absolutely disgusting. Now, personally, as a fan of sports, I love it. It does juice me up a little bit. It gets me fired up to see like this rivalry, this banter back and forth. But a lot of people are like this guy Trump, this big scary orange man. Listen, the national anthem is not about the president of the United States. It's not even about the people, the citizens of the United States. No, it's much bigger than that. It's the men and women who have fought and died for this country to make sure that this freedom. Although you might think it's free, it costs lives. So we get after it every single day and we put our hand over our hearts every single time the national anthem comes up, we take our caps off, we keep our feet at ten and two, and we let them know, hey, we got your brother. We might not be on the battlefield with you, but we're thinking about you every step of the way. So Canada I love you. I'm a huge fan of the West Coast part. I don't know the other parts. But you message the bully, get the horns a little bit, right. So what happens, Mitch? Do you disagree?
Speaker 9: I completely agree, completely agree. If I were you and you and you were still with tailing when the national anthem came on and they started booing, I would have swung it.
Speaker 2: I have to swing at her.
Speaker 6: I don't want to swing on my wife. I love my wife. I've already said she's the greatest human being I have truly ever met. That's straight disrespect, straight disrespect. But you know what's beautiful. Three goals unanswered, that's beautiful. Freebird playing every time a goal is scored. That's beautiful. The Kuchuk brothers putting belt the ass on those boys at the start of the game, that is beautiful. Sidney Crosby an incredible individual. He has been. He's one of the goats of hockey, right. I'm not fully versed in the world of hockey, However, I do know enough to know that Sidney Crosby is incredible. Twenty six games he's played international games. You know what, his record was zero, twenty six and zero. He has a point differential of like plus eighty five. Now, my understanding of the plus minus thing is, if you're on the ice in the other team scores, that's minus one for you. If you're on the ice in your team scores, that's plus one for you. So on and so forth. You find out your numbers and more games you play, he is in a plus differential that is absolutely insane. And that first score that happened, bad pass by Sidney Crosby, gray area turnover, looks like the goat got got You know what I'm saying. That's all I have to say about that. I do love Canada.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 6: What we got. We got an amber alert here. I am trying to pump up American We're getting an amber alert.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 10: I was seeing on there to light in the middle a little bit from that little alert. But I did see on Twitter everyone saying thanks to Sidney Crosby, all the Canadian kids grew up wanting to be sid Yeah, they have zero goalies and it shows hmmm.
Speaker 6: Beautiful. Yeah, dude. I was on the phone with my wife before talking about I was like, hey, just so you know, like when I get on this podcast, Kenna is gonna catch hands a little bit, and she's like, be nice, don't go too far. Nope, got to got to our show. Think again, think again. This is what happens. And if you don't like what I'm saying, sweetheart, beat us, beat us, sweetie, because.
Speaker 10: I loved you.
Speaker 6: I love it. I love it because I've seen I love seeing the passion from Canadian fans as well. In my in my inbox, I feel like I feel like I just played Ohio State again. My team just played Ohio State again. Where Ohio State fans are there, Well, you're a piece of shit. Remember what you said about this, remember your first one year of college, all these different things. They're going crazy on me, and I love it because it's like, hey, you win, you get to talk shitting you don't win. Guess what, Keep your mouth shut, Let the big boys talk, Let the big boys whisper.
Speaker 10: We will the end of today if we get a rematch.
Speaker 6: Which would be awesome. So yeah, we were talking about this before the show. There is a couple of scenarios. Canada obviously has to win, but we're already in the championship and we have to play Sweden. Correct, we have to play Sweden, and for Canada to get in, we have to beat Sweden or tie them. Now, if I'm America, I would love to see Canada again. I would love to go back play in Boston home home turf and get after them boys again. That would be all.
Speaker 10: As soon as they say, oh okay, dude.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 6: I kind of hope they like. So there's there's two different thoughts that go in my head when it comes to like booing the national anthem. One part of me is like, yes, boo oh Canada, or start singing the American national anthem while okay, while Oh Canada is being sang, and I think that's an incredible chirp. I think that's good, good clean fun. I think it's hilarious. I just said it's good, clean fun, even though if you do to America it's like, oh, disrespectful. It is, yeah, but it is because why Because I was born here. So that's what I gotta have pride in my country a little bit, right, But it would be classy, it would be straight class to do nothing. Yeah, that might shock them. That might Canada might walk in there like boys are gonna do us. We gotta fight right after, you know how it is. We don't wear boys. We're gonna get after their asses, all right, Yeah, poutine and beaten asses we're gonna do. And they go out there national anthem, they don't boo at all. They're thrown off, are discombobulated. Now, I mean, think about it, gee right.
Speaker 10: I mean, I'm just thinking of all the ammunition that they just put on us.
Speaker 6: I know, it's beautiful.
Speaker 10: They got to win to get to Boston, and there's no way they're walking in there and shit's not going down.
Speaker 6: I love I love this passionate rivalry that's happening between America and Canada. I think it's awesome. I think it's fun. I think if they get the best of us, I'm gonna have a flood of texts from the gallaghers in the whitfield just telling me, you guys are bombs or this or that, and I'll embrace it. I'll embrace that with open arms. But as of right now, as of today, February whatever, it is, America is the best country at hockey in the entire world. And he came and argue it, it's not even worth arguing. But what about the last twenty six years, Taylor Well, no one goes your last game, right.
Speaker 7: Also, no better city to send the Canadians.
Speaker 6: To Boston, dude. I was trying to explain that to my wife. I was like, Austin is such a unique place because it's like it is that it's the Northeast. But there's like so many blue collar, patriotic motherfuckers out there that just go so hard for their country, and you know, all their blood is boiling. They're happy about the wind that America got over Canada, but more than anything, they're pissed off about the booing that took place. The booing's wild. That's crazy, and it's gonna happen in Boston. You have no one to blame but yourself. Kevin, Oh, I've watched the cliff.
Speaker 7: It was the whole arena.
Speaker 6: It wasn't just a couple of people right right. And I've seen a bunch of man on the man on the street stuff too, where people are like how do you feel? Like they're in Montreal or wherever they're at and they're like, how do you feel about America hockey? They're like, oh, hey, fuck, fuck American hockey. They're going crazy on us. They're losing their minds. On us won three one. Did you Jack, did you watch the game? Dominance? Absolutely beautiful? And I don't know like that. That's it, all right, that's all he's got. Jack watched the Jack loved it. He watched the game. It was absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 10: I think what we need to do.
Speaker 6: Is, do you know how like the Quakers when they first got to America, they like went on a mission to like spread religion throughout America, And like Mormons go on their they go on missions right at eighteen, and they go to different places to like make people, Hey, you should believe in Mormonism. America should do missions to other countries to teach football. That's what we should do so we can develop well even more than we do now if we do it all. We need to develop other countries in football more so that somebody can get good enough to play us so we can just beat them. I want this international fight and on the grid iron. Yes, I want sixty minutes of International American League football going fucking hard. I love it. And Canada, since we're on the subject of Canada, they need to change their rules to American League rules so they can just get better at that. Their fields longer it's wider. They it's like a pass pass puntly there's only three downs. It it's kind of crazy. They did just go to American rules and get good enough so we can send our boys over over the lines and put bell to ask real quick.
Speaker 7: Give John Gridden three years in another country three years? Yeah, absolutely, and it would It would be a good football team, could be.
Speaker 6: That'd be a good, hard nosed ball club, no doubt about it.
Speaker 9: In Canada are American players that couldn't make it in the NFL, so that is true.
Speaker 6: That is true. And and being in BC shout out the Okanagan Sun. They have themselves a nice football team. They actually play American rules as well. But I just want I want some more development. I don't know what we're putting in our food. I don't know if Bobby Kenny's gonna stop that stuff from getting in our food or what the deal is, but we need to put whatever's in our food up in other countries so these guys can get bigger, stronger, faster as well. We can go play on the grid iron for sixty minutes.
Speaker 7: Also shout out no free shout out. Japan has a sneaky good football system that's been grown in their country.
Speaker 6: For love that line it up. I don't know how good they are. I mean there's no Japanese. I think we've got a kicker on the Falcons coop, but also don't want to be just I don't know if he's Japanese or not. I don't know what he is.
Speaker 7: NFL quality, but they have a league with a super Bowl. They have multiple national teams of like multiple age groups. There is a passion for it, which we want to celebrate. That's our mission to spread that.
Speaker 6: Yep, that's our mission to celebrate and expand the football mind. So yeah, Japan line it up.
Speaker 10: It would be kind of nice if they did adapt football because maybe they could play when it's our off season, so we have football year round.
Speaker 6: Year round. That would be great. That would be great to see. Now, if we were to do international games, will we let our pro football players play or we do like a college college players college All Star.
Speaker 2: I'll go play.
Speaker 6: Mitch, you would be probably a first round draft pick for this. I would you volunteer his tribute?
Speaker 9: I volunteers tribute for to put your chargs and tripes on me and let me show international people how American football.
Speaker 6: Man runs a football as you're trying to say, as you're trying.
Speaker 2: To say yes, but without saying.
Speaker 6: That, Yeah, I'm with that, all right, Mitch is in. We need fifty two other guys. We got one. We need fifty two other hard nosed motherfuckers to get out there. You can recruit.
Speaker 9: I can recruit.
Speaker 5: I know some.
Speaker 9: I know some buddies. I got Davy up in Philly. I know he'll play.
Speaker 6: I got some Davy up in Philly.
Speaker 9: He's in, he is, he eats, sleeps in breeze football.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you he would.
Speaker 1: He would suit it up for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Is he good though?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, he was a captain with me at Sesquehanna football captain.
Speaker 6: That's what we should do until no disrespectable we're about to say, until other countries can line it up with the boys. We should be doing D two D three football boys against them and just punish them.
Speaker 9: D three football could wipe out international teams without a doubt.
Speaker 1: I have no.
Speaker 6: Not even watching film.
Speaker 9: No, my sus Man football team could go overseas and play this Japan national team. Put We'll probably twenty eight.
Speaker 6: Them in the first We should do us versus the world then like maybe the world gets their best football players. I think football players.
Speaker 7: I think we are forgetting that. We We got dog walked in that U twenty tournament, the World Cup, the U twenty Football World Cup. We didn't even meddle.
Speaker 10: We got four ship Sycamore going to play and represent the.
Speaker 6: Yeah can you question sure?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 6: What are you doing bringing that up on the show.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm saying that we need to be better in international play. We can't just send whoever, because, like Mitch said, it was a bunch of people whose daddies were paying for them to be on the team.
Speaker 6: So you're saying Davey from Philly should not be it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: What I was saying, I had a buddy who played on the USA team or he was on Susquehanna. You don't get picked to be on that team. You pay to be on that team. So you you're getting these make sense. Just like term said, daddy's money. They're paying you or paying for you to be on that team to go play internationally. It's not like they're getting picked because they're good.
Speaker 6: Could you imagine justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase playing on that team dogs over see, y It's done. I do love just all this international stuff. I fucking love it, dude. I wish football wasn't a place where it could do that. It seems like hockey has really figured out how to do All Star weeks because the NBA All start. I don't follow NBA as much as I should. I'm probably gonna start doing that this offseason, trying to figure it out. How does what's a double dribble, what's a travel? What are all those things? I'm gonna learn that, and we're gonna dieve in because I like to start betting on some football, on some basketball. But like I watched the Skills Challenge and I don't remember the two guys that did it, but like you're supposed to shoot like nine three pointers and it's all for time, and then instead of shooting it, they just kind of like threw the ball out three times, which I get. Strategically, you're trying to do your best you possibly can to win it in a time frame. But let's let's have a little more entertainment. Who's who is this spicy white boy? Mac McClung. Is that his name?
Speaker 9: Mac McClung.
Speaker 6: Mac McClung. Guy's got the Southern boy haircut and he jumps over a car and dunks.
Speaker 2: What's crazy? He's in the G League.
Speaker 9: He doesn't even really.
Speaker 6: Oh, they just called his ass up for this. Hey, we need some bunnies out here because he won last year. Is this the best year for white athletes of all time? Right now? I mean McClung having himself a day at the dunk competition. We got the exciting whites in the Super Bowl. One gets himself a pick six. Cooper Degen USA Hockey, USA Hockey all what I mean, we might be on a generation or run. Boys, it's not making racial, but it's a it's a big deal.
Speaker 7: Biggest trade in NBA history.
Speaker 6: Luca, white guy, white guy, NBA history, biggest trade white guy. But but but a white guy. Garrett mumbles under his breath. Well he didn't have the microphone. He says, European. I get it, I get it. But also, white guy. That's a nice little deal.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying we're gonna be on top forever, but it's nice to just be on the peak of something for a little bit. We're having a moment we're gonna have a moment. Trust me, We're not gonna be here for long. We will not be here for long. But it's nice to be here right now. So yeah, dude, the break was nice. It was nice to be up in Canada. It was nice to be hanging out with my wife's family. They're awesome. There's so much fun to be around. I'll tell you what, though, I don't. I've hit my threshold for the cold weather.
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 6: I'm over it. I'm done with it. I want to move on from it. It was my idea to go up in Canada. But in those six days I was up there, I was like, I'm ready for it to be over. And I checked my my little weather app and Nashville is but have We're about to have snow on Wednesday. Like, let's move on. They talk about climate change, let's claim let's change the climate. How do we get rid of snow all together? Is that bad for the world? Is that bad? That's bad for the world.
Speaker 10: Yes, that's bad for the world. We wouldn't have rivers or no, we're rain.
Speaker 6: We just just supplement the snow for the rain. We're good.
Speaker 10: That means a lot of rain all right, you would have rain over just cold.
Speaker 6: I'd rather have a T shirt on and be wet than have four coats on and be cold. That's what I would rather have. But yeah, if there's a way to not like just nuke the earth and have no snow, I'd sign up for that. That's okay. I can be in the minority for this, I could be. I can be in the minority. I'm okay with being desert standing alone. That's yeah. Listen, I grew up in Arizona. I know what it's like to have son every single day. It's fantastic. And the good thing about Arizona is they must have done something with the weather, because they just pick like a month out of the year where it's rains every single day and then we move on see you later. We got rivers man made, we got lakes man made. But we're still here, you know. Anyway, boys, how was your break? What would y'all do?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Let's do an ad t you Dove's men about doves menu? Are you afraid of taking off your shoes when entering your friend's house? Getting nervous? Your team is down at halftime? Tackle whole body odor with Dove Men's Plus Care Whole Body deal. This whole body deal defends against all your odor zones from Pitts to private's defeat and it's long lasting for seventy two hour odoor protection. Fine Men Whole Body deal at Walmart today. Beautiful, wonderful, graceful. I'm getting better at these ad reads.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 6: But it's all about having this sheet two inches from my face, which Mitch told me. It's not a good look visually for the viewer.
Speaker 9: You said, after the Super Bowl, when's your eye doctor appointment?
Speaker 6: Yep, And I thought about this morning. I had a parent teacher conference today. I was driving up their solo because my family's still in Canada. Very intimidating experience, by the way, being like just the dad at the parent teacher conference, it's way shorter the moment my wife comes with me. How's everything going good? All right, see you guys later. Let's move it on. But yeah, I was thinking about that. I think this week I need to text somebody. This week, my goal is to text somebody the following week, act on that text the following from that, get an appointment set up, so I have a three week span here. When it comes to my eyes because it needs they need to be fixed. Absolutely, but boys, sure, we'll start with you. We'll be doing the break dude.
Speaker 7: Okay, so mine might be the most worring, so we'll just get it knocked out quick.
Speaker 6: Knock it out.
Speaker 7: Didn't travel anywhere. But we were getting the nursery ready for the baby girl that's on the way, So we're moving everything from the downstairs guest bedroom. We have kind of like a little attic slash uh loft bedroom upstairs, so we were moving all the furniture upstairs, getting it cleared out for the nursery. I surprise built the crib while Jill was out of the house, so she came home to that. Put a little Valentine's Day balloon in the crib.
Speaker 6: Very nice, rushed it. Did it pay off?
Speaker 7: It paid off nice, It paid off not maybe not in that way, but okay, you know, happy wife, happy.
Speaker 6: Life, as the old phrase goes. Absolutely so that and that was really it.
Speaker 7: If that tells you how boring my week was.
Speaker 6: I love it, dude, getting set up for a baby. It's exciting.
Speaker 2: It was fun.
Speaker 6: You're excited about the future, letting you know your hours are about to change. Quite a bit happy for you though, Thank you Mitchie. What we do baby? What was our little break?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 9: I went down to Chattanooga. Yeah, my girlfriend is on her rotation down there for PA school. Chattanooga Rips. It's a cool little it's like it's obviously a city, but it's like a big town and it's it's a vibe. There's a bunch of stuff to do, like it's it's super walkable, very granola, a bunch of granola like your your mountain man up there with long beards like Shraggley.
Speaker 2: But it was cool.
Speaker 9: That was my first time in the Nuga, and I enjoyed it. I definitely definitely will be going back. It's it's a vibe.
Speaker 6: What's the place we went to?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 6: In the Nuga? Where it was that sandwich spot? What's it called Yellow Yellow Deli? Did you go there?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 9: I went to this place called need Lives Guy, one of my buddies I live with, he has he goes there a lot for work. He has all the recommendation need Loves Slaps. Did not go to Yellow Delhi. Apparently, I've heard I think g was saying that it's like a famous spot down there.
Speaker 6: The Kooli, but it's famous.
Speaker 9: We went to this place called Waken Bakery.
Speaker 6: What's that like?
Speaker 9: Kind of exactly what it sounds like. No, I didn't, but you get a free pre roll with your coffee, so no ship. Yeah, and you can you can get your your coffee infused. There's one called like the double Fucket. You could get a hundred milligrams of shit in it.
Speaker 6: Didn't do it didn't Yeah, yeah that sounds like death.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but Chicago based it was.
Speaker 2: It was pretty cool bakery.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's that is the exact place that we went to.
Speaker 6: That's awesome. It was a hundred milligrams in your coffee. Yeah, that's like a vodka red Bull on steroids that is just going to kill you.
Speaker 9: It's called the Double fucking for a reason. But the person that worked there like your stereotypical like beanie.
Speaker 6: Like just kind of look white guy with dreads.
Speaker 9: It was a white girl. But yeah, and she she was super nice. We chopped it up for her for a little bit. But yeah, Chattanooga rips.
Speaker 6: By rocking a poncho hoodie. Yeah, had design tattoos in our hands. Yep, nothing of substance, yep. Yeah, hell yeah, dude, I messed with that.
Speaker 2: It was sick.
Speaker 6: I messed with that, dude. Fuck Yeah. Great trip, great trip, A little trip to the new Gie.
Speaker 2: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 11: I like it.
Speaker 6: Gee baby, what we do?
Speaker 12: What we do?
Speaker 6: How was our break?
Speaker 2: Break? Was good?
Speaker 10: I was here until Wednesday. My birthday was last Tuesday.
Speaker 6: Happy birthday, So happy birthday.
Speaker 5: Gee.
Speaker 10: Chilled here Wednesday, went out to La It rained the first two days. It kind of sucked.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 10: We got to see some friends, and then the sun came out on Friday, which was nice. Spent all day outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 10: It was a good little reset. It's always nice to go out to the West Coast and you know, catch a vibe and then come home back to reality.
Speaker 6: Dude, the West is still never one in my heart. I love the West so much. It's beautiful, it's more open, more things to do, rip around. It's fun, a good time.
Speaker 10: We were in uh like the Silver Lake Echo Park area, so kind of near Dodger Stadium, and then uh west of like Hollywood, West Hollywood, and it was a fun neighborhood.
Speaker 6: Boys buying your free drinks out there. Huh.
Speaker 10: No, we were not in West Hollywood.
Speaker 6: You sure, sure, Yeah, it.
Speaker 10: Was kind of like an East Nashville vibe.
Speaker 2: So it was good.
Speaker 6: I feel like LA is mostly East nationvill vibes.
Speaker 10: I don't, I mean maybe I feel like it's a lot of like what can you do for me?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can get I can get on board with that. I haven't been out to l a like so much. I've been out to more like the different.
Speaker 10: I mean, obviously we went a couple of years ago, but like pre COVID, the vibe was just kind of like weird, and now post cup like COVID, it feels very chill.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 10: It was nice, and no one does anything until eleven.
Speaker 6: Am, so it's wild.
Speaker 10: You get up, especially being used to our time, you get up early. You can go for a walk, get coffee, do whatever you want before anyone's even like on the roads.
Speaker 1: I mess with that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was nice though.
Speaker 6: I love it. I love it. Great little trip, Jackie Boy.
Speaker 11: I was also on the West Coast, not West Coast, but the Western Mountain Ranges, the Rocky Mountains. It was out in Breckinridge doing a little snowboarding. Yeah, it was weather, it was pretty solid for the mountains. Last day was really cold got down as you woke up and it was like negative six. Then by like noon it was like zero. So it had a big cold front move in on our last day, but we got a little bit of snow. One of the day's conditions were good. Enjoy being on breck.
Speaker 6: Dude, I'll tell you what though, like, oh shit, okay, yeah, fuck no.
Speaker 11: I'm thirty now and dude, three days of snowboarding hits different than it did when I was like twenty one.
Speaker 6: Dude, expand on that a little bit because I agree one hundred percent with you, but I want to know how your body feels.
Speaker 11: It's just I thought that I it was going to take at least another decade for me to be like, oh I still have it, and I'm not saying I've lost it. But like me and my buddy Tyler who out there. We're out there with a bunch of his work friends. Me and him have been snowboarding for like a decade plus now, so we know we can ride any commercial lift in the world.
Speaker 6: I believe we can say know what that means snowboarding.
Speaker 11: We can snowboard. But Dude, after three days, my back and my legs, it was just like I was hurting, just tired, and and plus I came from New Orleans and Nashville, was in Nashville for a day and then immediately out in the mountain, So just a lot of traveling around, plus just it's kind of hard on your body, but still had fun. And then on Thursday night, flew from Denver to Charleston for our buddies bachelor party. So two straight weeks on the road.
Speaker 1: It was a lot.
Speaker 11: But by the time the last few days were there, I was finally hitting like a relaxing point where I was just hanging with my buddies so I've known forever, So it was great. Love having the time off. I get like guilty on vacations. I don't know about y'all, but like, it takes me a lot for me to be fully enjoying my vacations. I don't know what it is, but now we're back in Nashville, and I feel guilty. I didn't enjoy my vacation as much. But isn't that no, just kidding, But yeah, it was great. It was fun to get away, but it's good to see the boys again. And yeah, back in Nashville, it's gonna snow again. So hopefully I'm with you, though I'm ready for the warm weather.
Speaker 6: Got to get the warm weather back. Sure in your hand is raised, yes, sir. I had a question for Jack. What's up Jack?
Speaker 7: How is Casabanita? That's one of my favorite places.
Speaker 11: I didn't go in so on our way back on Thursday, me and my buddy had a late flight. All the guys that were in breck Coriage with us they had an early flight, so we basically hang out in Denver for the day. One of my buddy's younger brothers, Jack Hambie, and shout him out. He works for Matt and Trey, the guys who started South Park, and so he has worked on the development and all the stuff that's gone on with Casa.
Speaker 6: Holy shit.
Speaker 11: So I I messed up and didn't hit him up earlier in the week, and I didn't realize. I mean, it's like a three month reservation list to get into Casabani, is it really? Yeah, it's you have to really fight to get in there. So we didn't actually get to eat in there, but we had time and I was like, I have to see it in person. And what's hilarious is Casabanita is located on like North Colfax in Denver, and it's like a very sketchy area, and Costabanita is just in the middle of a strip mall. It's just this massive pink building.
Speaker 6: But it was cool to te it's so much better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was cool just to see it.
Speaker 11: But whenever I go to Denver next, it'll definitely be on my to do list because it's the happiest place on earth.
Speaker 6: What makes me sick to my stomach is a couple of years ago when we went to Denver, We're supposed to go to Boulder to interview Dion Sanders and that ended up falling through, so we were just in Denver.
Speaker 11: We could have done nothing. I think the time we were there cos Beaneda was closed down. They had like a bit they opened right before COVID and then they had to close down and then it took a lot for them to reopen and almost like killed the whole business of it, but they did, so it's it's thriving now, and I mean it's crazy. It looks like TSA out front. Like going through there's like ten metal detectors and like you know a bunch of security guards and people just kind of like lingering around. You don't know if they're waiting to eat or you know, just looking for money.
Speaker 6: But we're just in a sketchy spot.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, it's not the best area. But dude, it's a beautiful establishment. You walk up and it's it looks like a church, just pink and it's huge, and.
Speaker 6: I've never seen a pink church before. But I fuck with that idea.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Trey had to save it correct. Yeah, okay, because I went maybe six or seven years ago, like right before they sorry shutting down. They were still doing the divers and stuff, so I got to experience that.
Speaker 11: But yeah, you definitely want to go back and check it out. It's it looks like an experience. But yeah, if you love South Park, you know what we're talking about. If not, Casa Bonita is a Mexican restaurant based through South Park. It's Carbon's favorite place. And then they made it to a real life thing. So I love something they pulled from from fantasy land and make something that's a physical, brick and mortar established.
Speaker 6: I did not know that. I thought Cosabineda was already something.
Speaker 7: It was, but not to the extent that wasn't South Park like when I went there with like the divers, it was very rundown. It was like it needed a facelift bad. They still have the divers, but it wasn't to the extent that they like show in South Park, Gotcha where like Cartman was like in this dream world. But apparently that's what it is now.
Speaker 11: Okay, yeah, well that's then you learned something every day.
Speaker 2: Ful.
Speaker 6: I'm glad you guys all had a great trip. That's outstanding. I'm gonna look at my notes here real quick. Next on the docket, should we have the guitar solo the free Bird of the National Anthem? I think that's a h I feel like it's a clear yes. I feel like there. I mean, if you just get to you and the Home of the rip bear Beard, that that start just going and then the end we're brave. I feel like we can get petitions on for that a twelve minute national anthem, even like the Home.
Speaker 7: Of the Bread and then there everybody starts going yeah, and under the you just start hearing the damn damn, damn.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I like that dude.
Speaker 1: With the.
Speaker 10: There and then they start singing and then it's just very faintly under there.
Speaker 6: So you want, like the Leonard Skynerd song, Yeah yeah, like national anthem, Yeah yeah. I don't hate that at.
Speaker 4: All, like the.
Speaker 10: Yeah like no disrespect bro.
Speaker 6: But I think it, first off, I love this. We're officially in a brainstorm as a podcast. I think you do start to and then it just slowly fades into the start of Leonard Skinner.
Speaker 10: And the spotlight just goes on. That guy moves from the drum guy.
Speaker 6: And they just sing the song the way whoever sing the individual singing wants to do it, their depiction of it, and but in the same kind of rhythm of that. And I love the guitar solo being at the end because think of how rock hard you would get if you are standing on the sideline of a football I'm sorry, you're watching handover heart hat off listening to a guitar solo and then a beef aft the two bomber comes over the top in the heat the peak even that guitar solo. Tell me you're not nodding right there, dude, Tell me you want to end people not being patriotic, Go ahead and do that.
Speaker 10: Maybe plaze until kick the kick or the pug drops.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I love it.
Speaker 10: Twelve minutes, twelve minutes.
Speaker 6: You just keep that going then, and then the coin flip's happening during the guitar solo, and then as soon as the puck drops it's over. Buddy. We might have just done it. Unbustle with the boys way more fun. Could you imagine? Imagine being a captain walking out to center field trying not to just hit like one of those just a little bit of hip shoulder movement while that guitar solo's go on. After a b fifty two bombers just flew by, trying to listen to the referee. You talk about heads or tails. Flip that thing in the air, buddy, that's what you want, yeah, he said heads. Crowd fucking cheers when you win it, and just some guy long hair, long beard in the corner shredding. Every once in a while, the big stream just goes to him, comes back, goes back to him. I love it. Anybody here saying nay to that? Does anybody say nay? Jack? I just keep pointing it Jack.
Speaker 10: To edit it and then put it out.
Speaker 11: I say, do you say nay to your?
Speaker 6: Hold on even having that?
Speaker 11: Yeah? I'm not even getting here.
Speaker 2: What if we just.
Speaker 10: Only use Chris Stapleton's version, okay, with Freebird underneath oly Ship.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's what here's what I do broad tears tears.
Speaker 10: Think if you had free.
Speaker 6: Bird, buddy, you're onto something special.
Speaker 10: You're crying and rock hard, right, but think about.
Speaker 6: Nothing better than being rock hard wile tears streaming down your face. But I also would love to hear other people's interpretations of how they believe the national anthor should be said. Wow, Freebird is playing? Yeah, yeah, So like maybe we start off maybe the first five The new national anthem is Chris Stapleton.
Speaker 10: I'm saying, like you search it on YouTube like the o G the one is Chris Stapleton's. But you still have I like that people, Okay.
Speaker 6: I'm with everything you're saying. I'm with I'm officially on board with that. Can we I don't know how AI really works, but can we get that dialed in? Chris Stapleton singing the national anthem to free Bird while we're.
Speaker 10: Talking about this? Can we like get that hat off of Will's mind?
Speaker 6: What the fuck is that? Sure? You're lying? I saw you wearing that hat looking at yourself before the show started.
Speaker 10: What are we doing that hat, that hat during this conversation.
Speaker 6: In this conversation, I'd say throw it out.
Speaker 10: It's gotta go yep, see you, this is America.
Speaker 6: See you later. It's gotta get out of here. Will war that will actually will war? That we up talking?
Speaker 11: Put it on his mic?
Speaker 6: Who put it on his mic? Shirm?
Speaker 7: I have no clue.
Speaker 11: You don't do that with a daughter on the way you're gonna lie about this country.
Speaker 10: Don't do that on Scarlet.
Speaker 7: I put it on the mine Scarll.
Speaker 6: It's a beautiful name. By the way. I like Scarlet Scarlet letter.
Speaker 10: Speaking of Scarlett. Did y'all watch SNL fifty dude?
Speaker 6: I didn't, but I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 10: You should tonight. There's some good moments.
Speaker 6: I'm solo at the house. I have nothing to do.
Speaker 10: Insane fomo. Everyone was there.
Speaker 6: God.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it just makes you be like, damn, I really should have tried harder to be a cast member when I was like fourteen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, should have gone a second city in Chicago. And I hope you get discovered.
Speaker 10: It was crazy.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 6: I apparently tailor and watched it last night because she called me this morning. She's like, I know what your next goal should be. I was like, oh, what is it, sweetie? She's like, you should try to be on SNL. I don't like perfect, sweetheart. Do you understand like how many talented people are told no?
Speaker 10: They had Ryan Reynolds there.
Speaker 6: Ryan Reynolds did there to do a small little thing. Hilarious. Lil Wayne was there, fucking what's the guy? What's this? Then the guy from The Departed?
Speaker 10: Well which one?
Speaker 1: Uh leo?
Speaker 10: No, yeah, noech Nicolson.
Speaker 6: Nicholson was there, dude.
Speaker 11: Introduced Adam Sandler.
Speaker 6: Introduced Adam Sandler. Adam and also Adam Sandler my close friend, my close and personal friend. We spend time on red rocks together. Adam Driver, I don't can you pull up Adam Driver?
Speaker 1: Oh come on.
Speaker 6: From the New Star Wars and come on, dude. You know I don't watch oh him? Yeah, oh yeah, Adam Driver. Dude not, I know. I got to rewatch. I was such a big SNL fan growing up, and for me not to watch that, it's pretty disrespectful. Steve Martin was there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he opened Cheaper by the dozen.
Speaker 6: How long was this was this?
Speaker 2: The It was long?
Speaker 10: It was like two hours at least, No way it.
Speaker 11: Was on cable with like commercial and stuff. It's probably like if you watch it now wherever on NBC, it'll probably like an hour and a half got you. But yeah, there's a lot of skits, a lot of fun stuff. Meryl Street made her first ever S and L performance, which it.
Speaker 6: Was, Yeah, that's awesome. And did I see post Malone due Nirvana cover?
Speaker 1: That was?
Speaker 10: That was on Friday?
Speaker 11: Yeah, pre party or something. But the people loved it. It's hard to do anything Nirvana, especially Kirk Cobain.
Speaker 2: Like that's it helps.
Speaker 10: You have Dave Girl on drums, it helps and everyone else in the vand.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's impressive that he got the public support.
Speaker 7: I saw some comments that were hating on that live performance and I did just want to say post alone, if you hear this, like that was an awesome performance and that deserved no hey on the internet.
Speaker 6: He did a It's always gonna be Homer's for the Kirk Cobain thing. I completely understand why people be.
Speaker 10: Like this is not it. He and uh Travis Barker did like a Nirvana like live stream during COVID to raise money and you can go watch that on YouTube and it is insane how good it is, and there's like in the house anything.
Speaker 6: Travis Barker touches dude, it's so good.
Speaker 7: Post Malone came out smoking a sig and then just write it before yes, right before the solo, just puts it on the frat and just no shit, oh yeah, murdered. It had great performing.
Speaker 6: God, I wish I was that cool. Wouldn't it be awesome just to be that cool? Fuck?
Speaker 9: No offense, Like we just named all of those people. But Taylor wants you to be on there.
Speaker 6: Right No, no, no, no, no no, I'm agreeing with you. I'm agreeing with you, like dot no shade taken.
Speaker 10: I think what he's saying is Taylor thinks you're that cool.
Speaker 6: Shout out my wife, dude. She's my number one support, number one hate also, but number one supporter, no doubt about it. And she's like, but Taylor, you love improv, Yeah, sweetheart, I do, I love, I love.
Speaker 10: I will say, I will say. You gotta read the cards, so you might have to get your eyes to death.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I have to get my eyes done for sure.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Basically why I'm getting my eyes that is so I can be on SNL. Now the whole world knows being on SNL would be all time improv is fun. I mean doing uh to this day. My favorite podcast we've ever done is the Bad Friends podcast. Being able to do that type of improv is just so much fun.
Speaker 7: Step one in that process of getting on to SNL you you should do an improv class.
Speaker 6: I think I think we should all do an improv class. That'd be so much fun.
Speaker 7: That would be I would love to do it.
Speaker 6: Have you guys ever done an improv class?
Speaker 10: I took drama two years in high school, so you probably like that.
Speaker 6: Then I got a.
Speaker 7: I was district champ in eighth grade for improv.
Speaker 2: Hold on tournament?
Speaker 10: How does this tournament work?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 6: Okay? First off, let me can I say something real quick please, and this is a safe space.
Speaker 10: I think you're lying.
Speaker 6: I think you're lying. And you just put the Chinese hat on the microphone over here and you lied about.
Speaker 7: That on scarlet on scarlet first place UIL district whatever we wear for Aledo Improv Champion.
Speaker 10: How does it work?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 7: So how the format works is you have a ton of different drama based stuff. So you have like one act plays, you have monologue readings, you have like singing, musical aspects, like there's all these different really talented stuff, talented stuff I signed up for. In this case, it would be you and I, Taylor, are two guys doing any improv scene that we draw out of a hat, and we're going up against like thirty other two man teams.
Speaker 6: Wow, sixty other people.
Speaker 7: It was a big, big competition. It takes all day. There's like six rounds to it, and you don't All you know is that you make it to the finals. You don't know if you win until the very end. And I mean a huge moment, huge moment. I kept that Uil, what was your medal?
Speaker 10: What was your championship? I love it.
Speaker 7: I press championship scene was that I was a evil scientist and that I had a or well, it wasn't that I was evil scientist. It was just an evil scientist and an igor type character are trying to build this monster go and so, uh, my partner and I I need to remember his name.
Speaker 13: Oh my, you point you just made up a name. My next question was going to be My next question was gonna be I was you boys with this need the shout out?
Speaker 7: No free shout out to Taylor Locke who was my partner and best friend.
Speaker 10: Girl, hold on, there's no way you don't remember his name.
Speaker 6: I'm right here.
Speaker 7: I got partnered with him right before the tournament because Taylor and I were partners, we're best friends, and our drama teacher was like.
Speaker 6: All, my best friend, I can't remember my best friend's.
Speaker 7: Well, I can remember Taylor Locke. Drama teacher says, y'all are both trying to be alpha's in scenes and it's you're you need one driver and then you need somebody that's like the yes man to the driver to help the scene push. She said, y'a are both trying to drive. So she split us up. She gave Taylor a new partner. I got a new partner. I think his name was Aaron. I don't want to like jump on that by one say his name was Aaron, and it was like right before this tournament I got first. Taylor brought home the silver with Preston Bartley, that was his partner.
Speaker 10: Honestly, i'ner's name and also nice flo by you saying, your teacher said, you're both trying to be alpha's.
Speaker 5: We were.
Speaker 7: We were both We're both trying to come up with stuff for the scene and it would we'd wet heads would bottle bottle.
Speaker 6: I'll tell the truthful story when I so when I was in high school. When I was in high school, we I had U I did. I had an improv like an acting class that I did and it was so much fun. My freshman year we did it. Me and Nick Bennett were in this class together. Nick I remember his name because he was my best friend still is to this day. And uh this during during the same year, we had an English teacher who had to leave us. She might have got sick or she just moved or something like that, but we had Miss Clarkson come in as a substitute teacher. She was like, we were unruly children and she is like kind of like not knowing what to do. So Nick Bennett and I took it upon ourselves to teach the class improv and instead of doing English, we just decided to improv, which plays out because now I still can't read and I don't know punctuation very well. But the whole time I was there, through my junior being at the same school, Catcher shout Us High School, we would go and every year pick one day and we'd skip the entire day to go to Miss Calrson, Miss Clarkson's class and teach the freshman improv And I loved it. It was so much fun. And back then it was just like poop and p jokes that she would get upset about, but that was really it. Love him.
Speaker 10: Probably was such a fun class.
Speaker 6: It is, dude, And if you can get over the thought of like this, I hope I don't say something dumb here, Like if you can get over like the ego of being like, ah man, I'm gonna try something and hopefully it hits. It's so much fun just to throw costs to the wind and kind of rip those things apart.
Speaker 10: We had, like for my grade, we had like eight guys that wanted to be in drama too, and the teacher was like, this is I cannot handle eight of you in one class, right, So they made two classes. One was in the morning and one was in the afternoon. So they split us up four and four, and we were definitely the guys in the class that were like immediately making it inappropriate, right, but had enough confidence to where she was just like, I mean, they're not like screwing up, but they're just taking it way so I mean making everyone uncomfortable in a skit like just I don't know, it was it was fun.
Speaker 6: I love it. So I'm always saying yes too, Like doesn't matter what the other person says, like you have to say yes and go with it. Right, that's awesome. What we need to do is we should figure out how to get on SNL and then just try to check those boxes. Let's try to check those boxes.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: Also texted drugs.
Speaker 6: What's that?
Speaker 10: I think drugs is one?
Speaker 6: Okay, drugs is one. Probably doing some sort of stand up as to writing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but more so improv and writing a big one.
Speaker 6: Right, we should probably start writing skits.
Speaker 2: We know people that have been on SNL, true, but.
Speaker 6: We have no people that have hosted SNL. Not the people that have been like mainstays in SNL.
Speaker 7: Weller was a writer we interviewed. He was a writer on SNL.
Speaker 6: That's right. Now we know him now and he did follow me. So yeah, we can probably figure that out.
Speaker 10: That's okay.
Speaker 6: No, I'm saying we could figre that out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Nothing that's okay about it, Like it's a good thing. It's all right, it's Okay, it's okay, it falls you're boys now.
Speaker 1: So far.
Speaker 7: I texted my mom for photos.
Speaker 10: By the way of what you're just standing Yeah with the metal.
Speaker 6: Let's uh, let's do an ad read yeah, boys, money, money, that's what we're about to make right now with this ady. Speaking of money. Uh, Rocket Money, you sign up for something forget about it after the trial period ends, and then you then you're charged month after month after month. The subscribers are there, but you're not using them. In fact, I just learned that eighty five percent of people have at least one paid subscription going unused each month. Rocket money is a personal finance app that helps you find and cancel your unwanted subscriptions, monitor your spending, and helps lower your bills so you can grow in savings. Rocket Money's dashboard gives you a clear view of expenses across all of your accounts easily created. Easily create a personalized budget with custom categories to help you keep your spending on track. See your monthly spending trends in each category to know exactly where your money is going. Rocket money has over five million users and has saved a total of five hundred million and cancel subscriptions, saving members up to seven hundred and forty dollars a year when using all of the app's premium features. Cancel your unwanted subscriptions and reach your financial goals faster with Rocket Money. Go to rocket money dot com slash bustin today. That's rocket money dot com slash bustin rocket money dot com slash Bustin'. Dude, that is actually a hell of a deal because about a year ago, I went through like all my spending and I was like, Yo, why is my monthly spending so much? And I like went in like hand, went through like all of my monthly like spending, and I was like probably one thousand dollars of just crazy different things I'm not not even using. So I'd like, not only did I have to unsubscribe those seas I hadn't go to places that's what it's called the coolest spot over there by where Will Compton's house is. I had to go unscribe there. It was like two hudred dollars a month and I have been there like three years. So shout out Rocket Money, dude, you gotta you gotta dial in that spending. Gal in that budget. Boys, you gotta have it, gotta have it.
Speaker 7: It's been a huge weight off my shoulders. I recently did that two months ago. Yeah, and it really is like at the end of the month, I look at my statement now and I just feel so much better. I saved around seven hundred something.
Speaker 6: Love that.
Speaker 7: It was pretty crazy.
Speaker 6: It's huge.
Speaker 10: I have a question on this, dahd I. You know, like everybody have all the streaming services.
Speaker 6: I love where you're going with this. It was on my brain.
Speaker 10: How do you pick which ones to have? Like, because I I should get rid of some so I can save some money, right, but how do you pick which ones.
Speaker 6: Services we should tear talk the streaming services.
Speaker 10: That's a great idea, Jack, I like that, But I I struggled because, like recent episode, go check it out if not, But like I keep Hulu solely because Workaholics is on Hulu. I don't watch anything else on Hulu. Yeah, there is good stuff.
Speaker 6: So like Archers on Hulu. Yeah, I've been diving to that lately. I've rewatched. Also, Entourage is on Hulu now is it's not on hymore as yesterday I was literally thumbing through just trying to figure out something to watch and I saw Entourage. I was like, oh shit, it's on Hulu. Because I got Hulu, I got Prime, I got I got Apple if that's is that a streaming service? I got Disney, I got I got An, I got all of them.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's crazy, I do. I did do the bundle where it's like Disney, Hulu and one of them as a bundle. They have like a couple options. So I did do that, but like, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 6: Stream because at one point it was like, yo, we should get rid of cable. It's cheaper and better to just do the streaming services. They beat us. Boys, we're in a bad spot right now because we're spending way more I bet than we were on cable before. Even with all the fixings. You would get the hbos, the Cinemax, Cinemax, all those things, Duets, skin Max back in the day. That was I bet.
Speaker 7: How I got got is through Roku TV. You can set up your debit card like on your Roku and then when you download the app, it'll say, hey, we already have your email and your payment thing. You just say yes, I want to subscribe to it.
Speaker 1: We got you.
Speaker 7: And so when I started going through my statement, I was Discovery Channel plus Paramount plus Peacock I I unsubscribed from at least six or seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah that I didn't even know.
Speaker 7: Like really that I had, truly. Yeah, And that's like seventy bucks right there, eighty bucks right there.
Speaker 6: You So I know we're gonna hear talk this. I also want to give it a pet peeve real quick. That just scrambled my brain. My pet peeve this week is when a new movie comes out on Apple and you go to watch the movie and you can rent it for twenty five dollars or buy it for twenty nine. That shit pisses me off because you know what you're doing. You know what you're doing. The the brain wants to go to yeah, ma wanitu, dude, my kids. That movie came out, kids wanted to watch it, and I looked at it. I was like, dude, I'm not spending twenty five dollars on a forty eight hour rental. That's crazy. So I told him, I was like, I'm gonna buy this movie, but you'all better watch this movie at least six times. And they made a promise, because in my head, it's like, okay, yeah, six, Divide it by thirty.
Speaker 10: Whatever that is. Here's your math.
Speaker 6: Five bucks boom. You know I wasn't going with that, did you know? Fucking with that five dollars? So I told my kids, I will buy this, but you need in the next year to watch this movie six times, and they agreed. They've watched it twice so far and it's only been two months. So I'm about to get that shit down. But it is so annoying.
Speaker 10: Can you return it?
Speaker 6: Good question? Good question.
Speaker 10: I wonder what the saleback is if you watch it under the six times.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you get like a certain percentage of your money back. That's what you should do, because that shit is that fucking frustrates me a lot, man like, because you know they've got you by the balls, and it's like, I want to watch this movie first off, one of two. If you haven't seen it, go watch it, especially if you have kids. If you don't have kids, watch it by yourself. Like, don't let people watching kids. Those are great movies, great movies. But also, you don't want to be a guy in a theater by yourself at a kids movie?
Speaker 2: Would you rather?
Speaker 6: You don't want to be a guy by yourself at a premiere of a Kid's MOVI. You just don't want to be that guy. The first okay, the opening weekend.
Speaker 11: If there's kids in a premiere, let me talk about that. Go ahead, So something as an adult, you got to go to like the nine to fifteen ten pm showing, because if a parent is bringing their kids to something that late, that's on the parent for bringing it, Like you shouldn't have your kids should be asleep. I agree, So that's why you hit a nine to fifteen or a ten pm preview. You don't have to feel weird. You can actually judge the parents for being bad gardens.
Speaker 6: I agree, but definitely don't. I'm high in front of your kids. That's your fault. It's eleven pm, and what are you doing?
Speaker 11: You really you really want to go, like with your significant other or like your wife or girlfriend, because you show up in like low kids for you, but you're like, my girl just wanted to see this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh my god. Yeah you know what, dude, there's nothing wrong with going to a kids movie as an adult with no kids.
Speaker 11: But post a Yeah, you're going at four pm, creepy. Come on, and you've got like a juice box too with you. But there's no kids, You.
Speaker 6: Got a juice box? Something different? Sucking on an icy in front of a bunch.
Speaker 11: Of kids, I mean four I don't know. I mean, I don't know what the hate on icy?
Speaker 6: Slipping on a slurpee four pm in front of a bunch of kids, Dude, I don't know unless it's not for me. Now I have kids, so I can do whatever.
Speaker 10: You can't.
Speaker 6: Slurping, no problem, damn it. I'm gonna let you guys know. You're thirty, dude, you're gonna get it soon.
Speaker 11: I gotta have a kids soon, so I gotta have you.
Speaker 6: Should you should e us get dude, Just start putting your seat in different places.
Speaker 10: Just start.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Almost. I almost took my niece to Muana too, but she got sick of her Thanksgiving so we couldn't go. No, and then, but I could have because it was in Atlanta, so like the city. They don't know me, right, atl We wear sunglasses, no doubt, trench.
Speaker 6: Goat nothing under knee you do on a slur feet dude, that is pretty wild? Should we stay it on my list? Should we stay on my list of categories? Oh yeah, it's her talk, dude, off the bat off, just my brain without doing a whole lot of research. Tier three, I'm gonna give it to Hulu. I think Hulu's pretty fantastic, especially the additional entourage. They've always got a lot of things. Sometimes I go to Apple. Can I put Apple in it?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Apple TV?
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, I just don't. I don't know. I feel like Apple's like a facilitator. I'll all look something up and then I'll be like, oh, you got to go to this for that, But I'll go Hulu. Tier three, Tier two I'm gonna give to Apple.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: I might be the best, But my tier one I feel like it's just og and they've gotten so much better. But I love Apple. I love the original shows. They have Masters of the Air most recent. I think it's fantastic. And it is my like it's my facilitator. Like if I don't know where to find something, I go to the Apple, I put in the search bar, I start typing in and it lets me know where I need to go. My tier one Netflix, My tier one is Netflix. They're phenomenal. I remember they started off just being outside of a Safeway grocery store and you get the DVDs and you bring it back then they have the streaming starting and it was just like ass old TV shows. Now they have their their original series. They have great movies, they have great shows. Netflix number one live streaming, live streaming, great reality.
Speaker 7: To good strong, yeah, solid.
Speaker 6: All right, does anyone have a different setup they want to sure? True?
Speaker 7: I have an honorable mention to Shutter. It's a horror movie.
Speaker 6: Only stream that existed that might have made mine.
Speaker 7: You would actually love it for Spook to obra Shutter.
Speaker 6: Delanny Place started it.
Speaker 7: I think Delaney and I have talked about Shutter now that I think about it, But Shutter honorable mention.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: Three Hulu I'm going based off content too, not like how the app goes are, like what's on it, but like original content stuff or just their category folder of movies.
Speaker 10: So Hulu it.
Speaker 7: Would be higher if I didn't have to pay more for no ads. Two Netflix love Netflix, love the original content. It is starting to get oversaturated, so it's not number one. Number one might be controversial. Max, HBO Max just based off quality of content, True Detect, div Sopranos, Game of Thrones. The list goes on. I mean they got bangers, So that's my tear talk.
Speaker 6: Okay, strong, solid, good. Okay, So we all just like the streaming services well.
Speaker 7: Thought out, So we all just like streaming services.
Speaker 6: We're basically just saying they're all good.
Speaker 9: Okay, I Loki.
Speaker 2: I use Peacock. It's it will Benble. The only reason I use Peacock for.
Speaker 9: The most part is to watch to watch the reruns of the supercross race so I can watch that.
Speaker 6: Don't laugh at that, Jack, don't fucking make that face. You let it be who he is.
Speaker 9: Uh, And then my three would be Hulu, then Netflix and then Max.
Speaker 6: You don't have to three Netflix Max. So same as show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know he was Netflix scond.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was exact same. Actually, that's okay, love Netflix. We love Netflix on this show. Love Netflix. Go ahead, it's all a good job, good job Peacock. Not dude, who is listening to this intro? Right now? This is Tier one ship right here.
Speaker 9: What this made me realize is at the back of the bus needs its own pod.
Speaker 6: Do you guys do the numbers? You guys have one. We'll want to try stories and yeah, you just tell Sherman lies and then make fun of Sherman for it, and then.
Speaker 10: And then rank everything just the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you guys will have the same show. If you guys want to do your own podcast, and this is up for the comment section. If you guys want to do your own podcast and try it out, you're more than welcome to do it. But it's gotta make sense eventually.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know with the I guess it has to be monetizable, like you. No, I mean, even even if it's not, like, if you guys just want to do it, you guys can, I guess, like it's for free, conch do what you want, I say, Canada. Brother. Like you guys want to do a little podcast in the back, go ahead. You should actually set up your own studio too.
Speaker 2: We have four right here. Huhrey, we have three studios in this room, your.
Speaker 6: Own back of the bus.
Speaker 11: You don't want to do it in the same you wouldn't do it here, No, we would just do it this side.
Speaker 6: Right and just yeah, but if you all y'all, I'm assuming unless the boys are probably gonna sit in as well. You guys want to be that close.
Speaker 11: No, I'm joking.
Speaker 10: We have Coop in here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, gotta have Cooper here. He needs his own yeah, Coop's corner. I like that, but also set up four chairs in front of the green screen boom, you're welcome. Yeah, I can do pre production stuff for you guys, like sure, a little but a motivational video. Let's go things. I think we can talk about, guys. Let's see here, Baylor did good. This week's about Baylor, you know, right, nothing to call home about, but uh write home about.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we should do an opposite day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you want me to fuck up that dashboard, go ahead, I'll go back there sort particulously pressing buttons, yea DJ and on that thing. Do we have any other combinations of the streaming services that we'd like to tear talk? I know, I got my two boys up.
Speaker 10: I think i'd keep mind the same with I don't really have like an order, but it's Max, it's Netflix, it's Hulu. But my honorable mention would go to Disney.
Speaker 6: I don't funk with Disney like that really.
Speaker 10: For twenty nine.
Speaker 6: I love Here's what I don't. I don't. I love the content that Disney provides.
Speaker 10: I do like that lot of miracles also on that rate, yeah.
Speaker 6: Which I don't know yet, but no listen, listen, listen, guys, my show, hold on, my show, my show. Okay, the rains here, boys, let me handle this one real quick. I enjoy Disney. I love Disney's the content that they have. However, when I go to my Apple and I type in what I want to watch and then it sends me to Disney, Disney makes it a fucked up where I have to, like now, go to Disney to search to find that content. I don't like the process it takes to get to my viewing pleasures. When I'm finally viewing it, I'm having pleasure, but it's getting to the pleasure if I don't know exactly where it's at. I don't know it's on Disney, and I have to go to Apple and say, oh, by the way, it's on Disney. I shrugged my shoulders and have a deep exhale because I know I'm have to go to Disney and search it. It doesn't just bring me to the thing.
Speaker 10: It sounds like you use Apple as like a Google search.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel like i'd be pretty clear about that.
Speaker 10: I know that I feel like I've never had that experience.
Speaker 6: I just do that top left, I see that little apple dude, with a little bite taking out of it. I go to the search button there they kind of like you want to find this will be on Disney, and I think fuck.
Speaker 10: Or Google.
Speaker 6: That sounds like crazy to me. If I'm already on the deal, why won't I just keep using the deal. If I had to go off this deal to a new deal, that's a whole different deal. Here's where you and I differ. My this is my remote control for my TV. So I I go like this, I'm doing this, and then so then I have to like swipe up, scroll over, boom, re get on the app that has to recalibrate the Internet. That's a good point, Ge, that's a good one. I don't utilize Siri enough. She's a little bit of a bitch to be honest. Right, Hey, Siri always listening. She's always listening. All right, dude, we feel good about it.
Speaker 11: Wait, I have one thing. Every I was in the boat with everyone on Hulu did name Max Apple TV Alytics. The only yeah, Netflix. The only thing that I I would add as my third is YouTube TV because it's become almost like the premiere like cable streaming platform.
Speaker 6: You're absolutely right, and on.
Speaker 11: Top of that you can go to their movie tabs and we'll show you every movie that's on currently in cable, every movie that's gonna come on later in the day, and they have a bunch of free movies. I' tew my first go to. But like last night when I was watching SNL fifty during commercial breaks, I'm flipping back between that and Captain America Civil War, just you know, being boom. So I do like YouTube TV, but yeah, we're at we're at a point where cable TV was cheaper. Now everything streaming is killing us and at some point and every single platform, whether it's Netflix, Hulu, Apple, every six months they go up through four bucks, like now on Hulu. Hulu's my number one, but I have no ads, and I think I pay like eighteen dollars a month, and I'm like, it's like, come.
Speaker 6: On, what we're doing. That's one movie on Apple. It's not even the full price of mu Wana Tu.
Speaker 2: That I paid for.
Speaker 11: But yeah, well that was fun.
Speaker 6: I enjoyed that. I enjoyed that for sure, A tier talk we were gonna do major sports tournaments, but psych, we'll save it. We'll kick that can down the road a little bit. How we feeling boy. Should we probably get to the podcast a little bit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean this guest is electric.
Speaker 6: Electric, But I do want to talk about one more thing, one more thing, and then we'll get to the guest. Dude Canada right like we bought it. No, I'm just kidding. I want to give a special shout out to Richie and Cognito. I think so Richie and I were not as close as we used to be, but we used to be legit best friends, Like at one point was the godfather of my firstborn child.
Speaker 2: Huh is he not anymore?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: No, No, well we didn't know he's not anymore. He's not He's not anymore, gotcha. We did some new paperwork, but I knew there's a shitload of trials and tribulations Richie in Cognito has had, whether it be in college or all over the place and stuff. But the biggest thing that's kind of like carried weight on his shoulders for the longest time was this Jonathan Martin out of Stanford going to Miami and this whole like bullying saga that took place with Richie that fucked him in so many ways. Like he had a Pro Bowl season at Miami and was about to get broke off. And then in that offseason, Jonathan Martin comes out. I think he retired. I don't know the full I know, the full story is just not coming back to me right now. Like retires because he's getting bullied, or he doesn't retire, but he says he's getting bullied by Richie. Paints Richie in this horrible, horrible pature. And I'm not here to say that. Richie and Cognito like his His track record isn't like, you know, got some bumps and bruises to it. Don't get me wrong, the boys had some issues, but that really screwed him over in a lot of ways and probably contributed to a lot more things happening in his in the future after that that painted him in a bad light. The guy is a sweet individual. He's a good man. When Richie is his healthiest version of himself, he's a great person. He cares about people, he loves people. Him and Tailing. He was around when Taylor and I first met, and I like, I was like, I told Richie in confidence, like, hey, I'm probably gonna propose to this girl. And he sat me down and gave me the whole like, you know, conversation like hey, this girl, like you just met this girl. You're in the NFL, like you got to I said, you know, we all know what I'm talking about. You there's some areas that you're gonna have to look at and make sure that you're safe and all that. But eventually, when I told him, like, yeah, I'm going to marry this girl, he was the first one to support me. He was supposed to be in my wedding. But all that to be said is like it's super special, not special. It's great to see Jonathan Martin say that was a lie and Richie get that off his back a little bit because he missed out on millions of dollars because of it. He was about to get broke off. And I just think it's good for somebody who didn't actually do the bad thing that people said he was so bad for doing, you know, have his deal and we're and then Jonathan Martin, you know, I think it's a scumbag move. I think it's fucked up. I know he's had his own issues himself, but to have your own problems and to project it onto somebody else so they have more problems it's not gonna take away your problems. So I don't know the full story allegedly of how Jonathan Martin came to this conclusion that he should now be truthful about the whole bullying thing. It's scummy, but it is what it is. And I'm stoked for Richie to have this, regardless of anything like financially comes from this, or if anything like just having for him to have the peace of mind to know that this is all over. That fires me up for the boy. He deserves it. He's a good person, and I think the sports world needs to apologize to Richie and Cognito to some extent. That's what they need to do, not me. I've always had his back anyway. Kevin's denctional foods, Yeah, sure, I was gonna.
Speaker 7: Say it was funny that his first reaction was then to post pictures of that guy and be like, yeah, I'm really buoying.
Speaker 1: Him, right.
Speaker 6: I saw one of him Jonathan Martin and Marquise Pouncy when they're going there in Indianapolis on a carriage ride and he's like wearing a blanket. It's funny, and may laugh because I remember me Ben Jones and Jack Conklin actually doing the same thing, and I was the one bitching about being cold. So like that's it's just fun. And it's like, yeah, like football, there is bullying that goes on, don't get it twisted, but like there's still fun times to be had, and like you got to you got to rouse the boys a little bit about having thick skin. But let's talk about Vin's Natural Food a little bit. All right, let's keep this our healthiest year ever. If you haven't tried Kevin's Natural Food, you're missing out.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 6: I'm a huge fan of the Slaungeal limeed chicken. If you don't like slunshal lime chicken, you can always have the Tie style coconut chicken and the Korean barbecue. Boys. I'm telling you right now, we've done a couple of custom match with these people. Gee, he makes the play, he gets it all ready, and it's like, hey, here's what we're gonna do. After that, I end up beating the whole damn played every single time. I'm talking about gluten free, non GMO. It's paleo. The shit's delicious, and if you want delicious protein paged meals on the table in five minutes. Kevin Natural. Kevin Natural Foods heat and serve entrees are perfect. These clean, nutritious meals taste like something you get out at a restaurant. Kevin's entrees include fully cooked beef or chicken, and incredible sauces, so all you need is to heat and eat. It's hard to believe something this tasty and healthy can be ready this fast. All right, all right, all right, skip the greasy takeout and grab Kevin's Natural Foods instead. It's the perfect time. It's a perfect meal time hack, and it is faster to take out too. My brain's starting to get fraud right now. Finds Kevin's in the natural It finds Kevin. Find Kevin's in the refrigerated section at your grocery store. This stuff is actually really good, it is. It's one of those things where it's like you want to promote all the things that you truly believe in, and Kevin's Natural Food is absolutely delicious. So yeah, I'm glad I said that about Richie. I'm glad we talked about Canada. Let's let's let's warm the weather up a little bit in there. Let's get that figured out. I love the lad that's going on. I love the direction our national championship is headed in great great intro boys. And if you stuck around with for this long, you're a tier one because we have been really just kind of fucking off for what an hour?
Speaker 2: Hour twenty?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that's ridiculous. It's probably a little too much. Good hang, good hang, it was a good hang. Also, a couple of things of notes, something to look up, look forward to. Possible Back of the Boys podcast coming.
Speaker 9: Yeah, to help us think of names in the comments please.
Speaker 6: Back of the Bus would probably be a good starting point for that name of the podcast. But yeah, if you have different ideas for names, that's great too. Also, stream this week. We're not listening cam Belden. Trust when I'm not doing a stream this week. I got so much shit to do on Tuesday, I'm not fucking doing it. However, you guys have been up my ass. I owe you guys big time. Next week we'll do double streams. We'll do double streams Tuesday and Wednesday. We're gonna do a red redemption two. We're gonna get back on the saddle, get after it. We're we're gonna be all about it. Dude, because I do want to jump back in that game. Cod has been unbelievable, but we're gonna We're definitely gonna do already two. I owe it to you, at least you two guys. You guys have been around enough. Uh, you guys have been up my ass to my Twitter as well. Jamis Winston, Dude, there is not enough good things you could say about this guest. The guy. It starts with the crab legs. People get pissed off at him, he gets drafted first. Overall, he has these ups and downs. But the presence and the passion that this guy has in this podcast is incredible. He came with a slew of gentlemen. He came with so many people, cousins, aunts, uncle's, a whole bunch of family members around him. They basically, Fox basically gave him a microphone for the entire week in New Orleans, and every single time I saw him on Twitter, I had to watch it is. He is incredible content. He's gonna have a huge career after football, while he's already having a massive career right now. I'm so excited for him. I'm excited for his future and I'm excited for this upcoming season to see where he heads off to. Big fan of Jamis Winston, please enjoy this episode. If you're not subscribed, please subscribe, Please comment as well. Big hugs, tiny kisses, USA Forever fifty stars, fifty one stars, thirteen bars. These Colors Don't run. Been running the world since seventeen seventy six. Back to back World champs. Enjoy the episode.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome to Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 12: We have an awesome guest, Jamis Winston, Florida State Seminal Buccaneer, New Orleans, Saints Cleveland Browns. Bro, thank you for coming on the show. You got massive fans all over the place with Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 2: Man, it signed and improvis to be here among these greatness, this greatness.
Speaker 12: I see, I see, I see You're holding some some real tea. Yeah, what's what do you got going on in real tea?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean real Tea is the best tea out there on the market, just the clean ingredients. And when I just actually just finished the workout, so I had to make sure that I hydrated up with my real tea.
Speaker 1: Bro, you're in with the good crew. I feel like I've seen theo Vaughn.
Speaker 6: Yeahs the rounds with the big, big time people.
Speaker 2: Manyeah, that is awesome.
Speaker 5: Had an interview with UH president of like forty seven and these cans were in the background.
Speaker 2: Bro, So I think that's a good thing. Dude.
Speaker 6: Seeing him do that with THEO. Of all the podcasts he did, that was my favorite one to watch. That and Schultz's one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, iod it was.
Speaker 2: Solid.
Speaker 6: Saw the time, very nerve wracking for busting with the boys, but then you're talking about like cocaine and stuff like that. To me, it was so funny because he's so authentically himself, similar to you did you when you're coming out of college and the whole crab like things happened?
Speaker 1: Who's gonna be first?
Speaker 6: You were Marcus? Like I feel like there was a dip in like oh this guy, Like maybe people weren't appreciating your personality. You flip over, it's been ten years now. You are like the media darling. I watch you at Media Days on Monday. The way you set up the joke for what's your favorite color to Chris Jones, the way like the comedic timing. Yeah, the how authentic you are, like talking to Will he was at Barslow I we have never actually met like Facers maybe one time after a game, but hearing that, like, you're the same guy, like at any point throughout your career where you're like, do I need to be a little more like the model student that these teams want me to be or did you never waiver in who you were as a person?
Speaker 5: Well, when I first got to Tampa, I think like that was the compromise that I first made, like just trying to get out of the get out of the media as public enemy number one, because I wanted people to really see who I truly was.
Speaker 2: So I invested time in the community.
Speaker 5: I invested a lot of time with my teammates, and I always consider myself like a people pleaser, but that wasn't necessarily me at that time in Tampa because I was just like, man, I'm so I'm so focused on me as the person, but when you're a good person, you do have to try to be a good person. And I put so much thought, energy, in so much time and effort to like, man, I got to show these people that I'm not who they think I am, you know, but at the end of the days, it's not actually it's not You're not who you think you are, but what you think you are. So it's putting my energy toward like man my play toward like developing a family, spending month like in Tampa that my young days, you know. So like I'm in a new city, you know, it's living young, wild and free. But at the same time, I have a girlfriend that's living in Texas, you know. So I'm trying to manage that relationship and also focus on my dream, focus on winning the super Bowl, focus on being the best quarterback and teammate I can possibly be, and focus on being the best man that I possibly be without the limitations and perception that others had of me at that time.
Speaker 12: When you are stripping those things off, like talk about what it was like for you becoming a professional. When you're around guys in the league that has been around a long time, like I'm thinking of Tampa. You're around like Levonte David Gerald, McCoy, Mike Evans, like guys who are becoming pros. Because when you come out, you've been a duel through at quarterback. You've been a man since high school. Yeah, you've obviously major rounds in the headlines when you were in college and when you get draft and you're going to Tampa, like, talk about what it was like for you becoming that pro, stripping yourself of the you know, the past and everything else, and the perceptions that people had about you, like becoming that ultimate pro that you're supposed to be in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, one thing that a wise person shared with me Joe Thaisman, and we had a tough conversation at the Walter Campbell Ward and we're talking about just like I was just explaining him like, man, Joe, like that's not me, Like what you've heard about me on TV, Like that's not me. Like I'm a Southern boy from Alabama. I respect my elders, I respect everyone that I encountered with, Like that's just how I was born and raised. And he was like Jamis, He's like, I can tell look in your eyes, I can tell that's not you. But I want you to understand what this business is and what public perception is. Perception is reality. So instead of you telling me, or instead of you forcing people to like you, or instead of you're trying to convince somebody who you are, people gonna believe what they want to believe. So you should just do that consistent day in and day out. He said, the more that you do that, it's gonna come out who you truly are here because you can't hide truth. True is eventually gonna come out to the light. But in terms of like veterans like Jerry McCoy, another veteran that was that that really helped me was Lewis Murphy because he had a chance to be in in Oakland and Carolina around cam Noon, Derek Carr and guys like that, Levonte David just his poor as his presence in the time of community. Another big one that y'all probably remember his name, Clyn MacDonald, like just just a true man of faith. I had the opportunity to go to Like you know, when you're young, you're trying to go to every event that your teammate has. So the first time I went to Little Rock, Arkansas, it was to one of his charity events for his foundation with his family and just seeing him as a man with his girls and his wife, and I took my h my girlfriend at the time now wife, and uh that was one of the changing points in my in my life in terms of like my commitment and my love and my consistency with my wife in terms of like when I saw that him represent his foundation, people in his city coming to support him, I understood, like, man, like, I know it's bigger than me, and I have a partner who I can support and who I can help lead to grow with me, to be be involved with all these great things in community, family brands, like all that stuff became important to me because I saw this man, Clint McDonald religiously, like we went to a football camp, he had a golf tournament, but who he was in his community, I'm just like, man, like this this is mean to my community. But what he's displaying with his wife, with his kids, in front of his family, is that consistency. That that that foundation, and that's something that I'm chasing. So when I was in Little Arkansas, I was like, man, like, this is who I'm going to be, and like I'm not waiving from this, Like I'm gonna be intentional with my wife, Like I'm gonna get that fixed, Like we're not about to be going back and forth, Like I'm gonna be intentional with with what I want to do, how I want to serve my community, how I want to impact the younger generation. And obviously I feel like ball has always been on the top of my mind because that's something that we all have tried to perfect along guy journey anyway, Well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you talk about like the ball being the top of mind, like NFL stands for not for long in so many ways, like you only have a finite amount of years to accomplish what your childhood dream was. How do you find balance when you get home?
Speaker 2: Well, you find balance about being all in on every stage.
Speaker 5: And again, one of one of my biggest growth stages as well in twenty nineteen where I got around Clyde Christensen who coached Peyton, and you know, Peyton studied like no like no other, and Clyde he was like I was the first person to really encourage him, Like, hey man, like what you do in this building is what you do in this building, but once you go home, you need to go home and be that same caliber studier, same present person, same leader to your family. And I was like, okay, So one thing that we did we started developing a plan. I never really had a plan, right, like I had my off season plan, but my nc AS plan was, you know, studying watching four games on Monday Tuesday, getting an early bead on third downs and watching some more of the rundowns. But I never written it down to what I was specifically specifically gonna do, so I wasn't really holding myself accountable to the things that I was doing to prepare.
Speaker 2: I was preparing, I was laying on the line, but it wasn't strategized.
Speaker 6: You're checking a box and yeah, like you watch these four games, boom. I watched the four games. Yeah, watch a little bit third down? Okay, now, no third down.
Speaker 2: That I never put thought energy into the preparation side of it.
Speaker 5: I just did it because I loved it, and I knew what was required to be a successful quarterback, and I knew I couldn't go out there unprepared. But I never thought that me actually sitting down with my quarterback coach planning what I am going to do, how much accountability that brings. Because I'm saying, like, if I'm gonna write this down in freaking in June, what I'm gonna do in the months of September, October, November, and December, that's a level of commitment to like doing those things and making sure that you actually are being those things and not just saying, oh, I wrote this down just to write it for the love of the game.
Speaker 6: It seems easy to checkboxes for sure.
Speaker 1: Just feel the energy of Jamis I'm already in this room, and that lifts you up. Yeah, it does.
Speaker 6: Like he's truly He's the rising tide that is lifting our ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I appreciate y'all, but I'm gonna boat with y'all.
Speaker 1: I've been seeing you getting in the mix.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been seeing you getting in the mix.
Speaker 12: You had something you were you know Taylor was talking about earlier, but hitting media days.
Speaker 1: On behalf of Fox Sports.
Speaker 12: You've been going on pods, like do you ever get fascinated by the things outside of football? Because we all eventually the game comes for us all. Do you see yourself doing something like something like that after football?
Speaker 5: Man, I consider myself a man of increase. So whatever I can do to uplift people, uplift a brand, uplift a company, I'm gonna do it. But right now, like man, my main goal, like my contingency plan is none existent. My main goal is to be a Super Bowl winning starring quarterback in this NFL league. And like, do you know the time, the effort, the dedication and preparation that that entails that you know, obviously, my my my charisma, who I am, Like, that's gonna that's gonna remain the same. That's my foundation because my faith, that's that's who I am. That's what I'm imittating Christ. So I know, like that's gonna remain the same. But my dream is to lead my team to the super Bowl and I still haven't done that yet, and I can't. I would not allow myself to be still in this business, still have opportunities and not put dedicate my time and energy to assisting, serving or helping my team.
Speaker 2: Reach that goal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's an impossible game to be half in and half out about, especially as as a starting quarterback. When you look at like the position you're in this year, Deshaun Watson, he gets hurt. You come in and we go up, we go down. We're kind of moving around a little bit, but you're singing the ball everywhere? Are you looking at guys like Baker Mayfield, who's you know, went to the Browns. People kind of cursed him out of the building. He gets out of there and now he's like kind of reset himself and calibrate himself in Tampa as a starting quarterback. Like what quarterbacks you watching?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 6: Like, I need to imitate this to take the next stay step for that so I can achieve the goal you were just talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Honestly, the quarterbacks that I've been watching this offseason has been Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson because I think they do a good job of limiting their own critical errors. And sometimes when they play, you don't see like early on in both their careers, you see the flashy they show you they can make a play when it's time to make a play, But sometimes they play games where you're just like man like they have took eighteen consecutive checkdowns, you know, And I think that's the part of my game where I have to really master.
Speaker 2: I know I can win a shootout. I know I can go out there and thro.
Speaker 5: Surgically dissect any defense that comes my way. But now the key to my game to me actually elongating my career is winning football games and protecting our team to the best best be.
Speaker 6: Like, definitely from an operation standpoint, is what you're talking about. Talk to me, dude, Explain to me. Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson. I've been a little bit. Russell Wilson, he had he had a nice couple of weeks in the middle of the season with the Steelers. But Aaron, those two names, Like Aaron didn't have a great year. Like the Jets were back on the Super Bowl contending for they're having a parade in man. Yeah, when he's when he's coming back, it doesn't work out that way.
Speaker 5: Why those two quarterbacks, well, those two quarterbacks specifically, because I think they do a good job of having a plan for the game and uh, they might not have five hundred yards in the first half, they might have eighty yards, but they know when to turn it on and when to turn it off. And no, they didn't have Like russ probably didn't finish the way that he wanted to finish. But if you watch the course of his games, man, he is managing the game and is in complete control of what he.
Speaker 2: Wants to do. Same thing with Aaron. Yeah, he had some ups and downs.
Speaker 5: He didn't have the year that he wanted to have, but still throughout the consistency of his play weekend and week out is protecting the team. He plays that like I call it. I call it selfishly thinking about yourself like they play in a was Like, Man, I'm not thinking about my stats.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to see like I'm not going to mess it up.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna let the other team mess it up, and then when it's time for me to make a play, I have the god given ability to go out there and execue to make that play.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: This is what you're Basically, what you're saying is knowing when to turn it on and turn it off.
Speaker 12: Yeah, all right, talk talk about the mental game, like when you are out there slinging it one week and then you have the pixuls. I think you had a couple of big sixers on Monday night, Like when you you hear the rumblings and get you in interceptions.
Speaker 1: Like talk about the mental game.
Speaker 12: Do you ever get caught up and turning the ball over when you have all these touchdowns one week, you turn the ball over next Talk about like being able to separate, separate yourself, zoom out, give yourself perspective, give yourself gratitude because just as athletes, you just know.
Speaker 1: That it is a constant mental game.
Speaker 6: Like when you are playing, have you basically what I was asking us, have you ever brought a book on the sidelines to read between series?
Speaker 2: Never? Never, never in my life, but I have.
Speaker 5: I have written things on my wristband like patience, precision, execution feet. The mental game is so important because like we all know this, like as athletes, you know you hear the saying like the game is ninety percent mental, ten percent physical and until point it's true because we got our God given abilities like we can do this, or we won't be able to do this, or you won't be in a lead long like right, they do a good job of assessing talent, but I would have to credit my mental capacity in terms of handling highs and lows one with my faith journey and my knowledge of just the word of One of my favorite verses is James two to or I want to say, is counted all joy, my brothers and sisters, when you fall, when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patients endurance. But let that endurance, let that patients have its perfect work, so that you can be complete, lacking nothing. Ultimately, That's what I'm trying to do in terms.
Speaker 10: Of that quote, but in terms of want to play a game right now.
Speaker 5: But literally in terms of my play, Like that's why I'm like, I know, Okay, some things are gonna happen, right, but when they happen I counted as man.
Speaker 2: I see the good in everything.
Speaker 5: I have joy and when bad things happen, because now I get the opportunity to make up for it. But sometimes that gets me in trouble because I want to make.
Speaker 2: Up for it right then.
Speaker 5: But that's not start pushing the envelope. That's but that isn't allowing the perfect work to happen. Sometimes a good play is no play at all. Right, But I view this in terms of the house and lows. I view it from a baseball perspective. Okay, I'll play baseball. Y'all play baseball.
Speaker 1: Growing up a little bit, a little bit center field.
Speaker 2: So you get in the Hall of fame.
Speaker 5: You get in the Hall of fame, go on one for three, right, So it's a sport that okay's failure. Like as a quarterback, man, what a great satism. I want to go twenty two for twenty eight, three hundred and seventy eight yards with four touchdowns and zero interceptions.
Speaker 2: Right, twenty two for twenty eight is perfect in baseball.
Speaker 5: If I told you, man, I went twenty two for twenty eight this weekend with eight doubles and four home runs and uh, you know, three triples. Like that's unbelievable. But literally baseball terms, I can go one for three and make it in the Hall of Fame. That's a three hundred average. So understand, Like, man, it's okay to fail, but I gotta make the most of my opportunity when it's there. I gotta have a snap and clear mentality because I might have struck out this last at bat, but this at bat, I have a chance, right, And I believe that, Like you.
Speaker 2: Can see that in the way that I play.
Speaker 5: I go out there with the approach like we have a chance as long as there's time on that clock. But I think I know understanding that, Man, I need to play like for four quarters instead of just playing for that specific specific drive. I need to play for that specific play knowing that it's gonna take me four quarters to win this game, instead of trying to win on that one play. Right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, you seem like it's like him going back to Aaron Rodgers and Russell Us and it's like eliminating things like, Hey, the game's gonna come on one play at the time, versus I gotta be Superman now, right in the next series.
Speaker 6: Of all the people we've talked to in the short amount of time we've been here, it's like maybe the most intentional human being we very spoke to, Yeah, or at least trying to find intention. Yeah, in every single situation you brought a baseball dude going one for three and being in the Hall of Fame, you have like you were in a rare breed of athlete where you were able to play. Choose whether or not you're gonna go to the baseball route or the football route, what it everly brought you to. I'm gonna chase my football Jesus, my.
Speaker 5: Love for this game, my love for the game of football, my love for the uh the position that quarterback entails.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Like, I think when you look at a leader in general, I think the quarterback is that person that displays what true leadership is like, especially when you got a good one and when we got one that the team likes.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Because we have to literally be able to communicate to everybody in the locker room from all different walks of life, all different uh backgrounds, Like we have to be the people that can get in front of our guys.
Speaker 2: And you might be from our you might be from.
Speaker 5: Broward County, and we got to make this thing work, all right, and the only way we're gonna make it work is together. And that's the quarterbacks role. The quarterbacks role is to make all these little pieces work and go. So I take pride in that. And let me tell you, when you're a po and you're watching other people hit and watch other people winning games and you over there eating seas and chewing on Big two, it ain't no fun, man.
Speaker 12: The actual Yeah, I had something that I got one before even the Deshaun Watson goes down and you get your opportunity, there is even conversations before he goes down and putting Jamis in just because of the quarterback play that was happening walk us through this year, even before you getting to play, Like how much were you having to be patient and persevered? What even you might be able to say, like, I know it's a backup, somebody's not playing well, you're like itching, You're like itching for that opportunity and you're time to shine. But what was it like for you early in the year, especially when those conversations started to happen on a it could be a move here to put Jameis Winston in the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, you know, I feel like I feel like God put me in the test last year with Derek where man, we would go out in games and our fans, like the Saints fans like they boing, they boring, and I have to sit in the meetings and I felt like like from out looking in, Deshaun's playing like like he' bad or they're playing bad. But I felt like they're playing good because when I'm on your team, I'm there to serve you. I'm not there to serve the opin or listen to the outside noise. I'm there to make this thing work. When I tell all my team is like, if you're not trying to be part of the solution, you're not trying to win no games. I know that it's at the quarterbacks. It's only one person that's gonna be out there one everybody else. You play left tackle, you had a right time. There's a left guard, there's a right guard, the center, the quarterback. There are only ones that are singular out there, you know what I'm saying. So I have to be all in of serving the shun and last year's opportunity, serving Derrick despite the outside noise.
Speaker 2: Now I also know that my opportunitis is coming shortly and I have to be ready for that as well.
Speaker 12: That is awesome, Yeah, that is because it's tough too, because you talk about the dream, you want to lead it to you to a super Bowl. Like you hear the outside noise and everything else, but the compartmentalize and know that he if you're not part of the solution, you need to get out of the building because you're part of the problem, or you're creating a problem or some toxic poison that's in that locker room, which you know it has to be eliminated if you're going to be a good football team.
Speaker 5: But what I started with this what I want for myself, I want for everyone. So what if that was me, you know what I'm saying, Imagine how many people then talk stuff about me my entire life Right now they bind their tongue cause they're like, over time the truth is gonna say itself free.
Speaker 2: And I tell you, I still tell the shun.
Speaker 5: It's like, brother, listen, you may be going through a season of adversity, but I promise you you're gonna make it out of this, despite public opinion, despite what everybody's on your case right now. But if you don't give up and you just use the ability that God because Deshrin Watson can play football. You know what I'm saying a lot of people that as fans that the Twitter thumbs have they quit the judge somebody, they quit to write somebody off. Because the game that we play in in the NFL, we have the greatest game of them all. Because every single year there are two hundred and fifty six are people coming in to take our spot that they're promoting this. They're like, we are celebrating the people that's coming in to take your spot with the draft, and we're gonna give them fake watches and free watches. We're gonna we're gonna boost up the brands. We're gonna take some of your deals and.
Speaker 2: Give it to them.
Speaker 5: Even if they don't make it. They might not get cut the first day in, but we're telling you that they coming. So in terms of our mentality, it has remained. We got to remain staff fast. We can't never a lose sight of what we won't because we know it's always gonna be the next man up. It's always gonna be somebody cycling around. Gucca Ma always say he's using the reference of of of his uh, his little flings.
Speaker 2: He would say.
Speaker 5: Opportunities are like buses, miss one next fifteen one coming and you can look up the regular legacy.
Speaker 2: You want to do that, but.
Speaker 5: Literally you might miss the bus, but you gotta be ready for that next bus to come, or you got to be trying to bucket to get to the next bus stop so you can catch the bus. But if you don't want to catch the bus, then don't stand and don't stand in the bus stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: You talked about guys from from all over the country going into one facility of fifty three guys that should.
Speaker 1: Have one goal.
Speaker 6: That's to win a super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 6: When you go into your rookie season coming from Florida State, you win a national championship. Like you you've been in the tip top of college. Now you're put yourself back on the bottom of the totem pole. What trials and tribulations. Did you have maybe trying to push the envelope too much, or how do I take leadership as opposed to earn the earn the leadership. That's a very difficult thing because everyone says the quarterback has to be the leader in the room and to be a rookie immediately with grown men who have kids for one k's all that and you're walking for your first time. They're like, Yo, this shit's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to be a leader in the situation.
Speaker 6: Where did you think you thrived and where some areas say like, oh, if I could go back, I would do that different.
Speaker 5: The places that I thrive was just bringing youth into the whole situation, because I think even veterans in the locker room they need to see someone who loves the game and instills that passion in them that they may have once had, or they might just need somebody to help them assist them into finding their passion back. And I know I did that to the best of my abilities. The thing that I feel like I could have did a better job at then I know I could have did a better job at, was being unapologetically myself the first few games at Tampa Bay. Like when we used to lose, I cry, you know, I used to really like I hated losing. But alone, of course, I started to be okay with losing those games. And when I consider myself being okay, that's why I said, nah, I compromise too much. I wasn't me like I would never be okay with losing. But anytime like this, this is like science. If you take a step backwards, that is gonna hurt you way more than taking ten steps forward, because if you're consistently moving forward step by step, you're gonna get father. But the only time where you eliminate all chances is when you take a step backwards. And when you compromise who you truly are as a human being, you're taking a step backwards. So I try to please everyone else, like I ain't gonna cry. I know we just got beat by twenty.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna cry. I'm just gonna act like I'm happy.
Speaker 5: But that's I'm acting like I'm happy and we just got beat by twenty Like that don't do nobody justice. Obviously, when you walk into the building, like the mentality that you need to have needs to be energetic, positive, so you don't bring anyone else down.
Speaker 2: You can't be okay with losing.
Speaker 5: And that's the part that I felt like before I got the NFL, I never lost, Like I didn't lose really, you know, not really.
Speaker 2: We always won.
Speaker 5: And I think that's the part in the NFL that is limiting me from getting to where I want to be because I don't have enough wins, you know, And like early on in my tempa years, me compromising to being okay with losing, I think that impacting my wins leaning up to this point, up.
Speaker 1: Until why do you feel like you started to be okay with losing.
Speaker 5: Because everyone else was okay with losing and I had to be that person to make sure that they knew it's okay.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. We just need to fix this. We just need to do this. We just need to do that. Instead of being like, Nah, this ain't okay, we have to do this. This is it is required for us, not what we need to do.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: This is a requirement if we want our jobs, if we want to be everything that we want to be.
Speaker 2: It is a requirement that we give all we have in this game. It is a requirement that we understand that.
Speaker 5: Winning is just as it contagious as losing, and I don't think people understand that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when that first game of your NFL career, I was officely on the other side line your second year in the NFL, and there was always this back and forth about who's going on, Marcus or Jamis and then so like the media is essentially establishing a rivalry between the two of you. Did you feel that rivalry going the end of that game or through the combined process, the interview process.
Speaker 5: I definitely felt it throughout the combined process. Man and me and Marcus was training at the same place out in cars Bad prolific athletes with Ryan Flaherty.
Speaker 2: And beautiful it's amazing, it's beautiful.
Speaker 5: And we were out there to the same place and like we would show up and like we never would work out together.
Speaker 2: Like literally like if I was in the building, like he was either leaving U, he was gonna go somewhere else. It was just never, uh, the the.
Speaker 5: The brotherhood that you see one and two typically has, you know what I'm saying. It was just like you over there on O here, like let's work, but I ain't trying to do it together.
Speaker 6: So no competations place because it is such an interesting rivalry to me because both of you guys are such good people.
Speaker 2: But I didn't tell you how the good Parcus.
Speaker 6: Never said a bad thing about anybody ever.
Speaker 2: He's a good part.
Speaker 6: I'm still trying to drag the audience out of James Winston and Marcus.
Speaker 1: Hated each other.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. We we never hated each other.
Speaker 5: Bro We just like obviously I was Marcus was always the quiet person among us two, so I know I probably have been extra uh in times I was rounding him. But last year, man, I took time just searching, like who can I train with? UH? And I took the accountability of going out to Oregon, going out to train with Jimmy Radcliffe, who's who's a long time strength coach at Oregon, just because I was focusing on my speed and agility.
Speaker 2: So I went out there and.
Speaker 5: My my chiropractor, Eric Gorman is from Oregon, UH, and UH loves Oregon, so you like, hey, let's go ahead because he's the best. And Marcus was out there. So that was the first time in ten years we actually trained together. And it was such a surreal moment because Marcus was.
Speaker 2: The one that was showing me the exercise. I'm just like, dang, Like, Marcus, you done have this upper hand on me this whole time. You could have been putting me on the like what's going on? But it was.
Speaker 5: It was such a respectable moment because you know, I got a chance to meet his wife then, and he was I remember him playing soccer with his wife at prolific athletes. Like his mental was already ahead, like to focusing on his his family, his journey. Like he wasn't into all the things that I was into. He was focused on like, Man, I got my family, I'm about to have this opportunity. I'm a focus on that.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 5: Man, I got this opportunit. I'm about to make the most of them. Man, we got to win the super Bowl. Man, I just won the championship. Man, it is unstoppable. And it's the only person that beat me in my college career. So I know I'm gonna be better than I'm focused on that less But he's focusing from the like he's focusing from more of a creative mindset.
Speaker 2: It was like, I have my family, I have my gifts.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go on Steward that, and I'm gonna go to I'm focused more from the competitive mindset, like I'm gonna be better than you, I'm gonna be do I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Do this and that.
Speaker 5: And you can never have the sense focus from the competitive mindset, right. You have to remain creative because if you're competitive, you focus on one thing and one thing open. But when you create a you're able to adapt, you able to uh make a transition when the transition is required.
Speaker 6: It's such a breath of fresh air because you talk to the normal thing with I'll just speak for football players because what.
Speaker 1: I remember is like.
Speaker 2: I got some special gifts.
Speaker 6: You always sit there and you're like, yo, I got to I had to shoop on my shoulder, and then you sort of have success and you feel that chip on your shoulder kind of going away. But then somebody is drafted ahead of you, or somebody does what they say, here's a better for me, a better tackle than me. And it was like that's all I needed to replant this this chip on my shoulder. So like did you and Marcus ever like ten years later sit down and be like, hey, I the way I approached the competition between us, I favor the way you did it over the way I like transparent conversation between.
Speaker 2: You know, we haven't had we haven't had our yearly heart to heart yet.
Speaker 10: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: But uh but no, we what we had was just a moment of grace, a moment of peace. I was like, man, Bro, like, I'm grateful, you're still in the lead. And He's like, Bro, I'm grateful, Like you're still in the lead.
Speaker 2: Like, Bro, We we did it.
Speaker 5: We live in our dream together. So no matter what was our initial approach when we first started, we are here now. So let's focus on what we're going to do moving forward. And like and when he had this great game and watching shot text when I had a few good games, he shot me a text. And that is a relationship that we never developed through the course of ten years. But with maturity, with growth, with gratefulness and understanding that man, it's bigger than me. I can't let this, this this game get in between some of the relationships and from the in some of the from in front of the good people that I have in my life.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you're known for your speeches. When was the first speech person we gave? How old were you Man, you stood up. You're like, all right, I'm gonna go ahead and do it. I'm gonna stand up in front of this team and I'm gonna deliver something racing. I don't know what it's gonna be, but I gotta say something.
Speaker 5: Man, I always had something to say, so like that, I've never been short winning the breath, you know. Like, and I remember, like the best Tiger days. I'm like, man, we're from going tear the hands off. Man, these boys can't mess with us.
Speaker 2: I remember the murder, murder, kill kill.
Speaker 5: Guess what happened on the field. Best Tigers got crumped. The other team got stumped, you know, Like that's just that's just the way of the land. Like, I'm like, y'alls over there, who are we? Yeah, let's rip that, y'ah, no doubt we're gonna out bare crawl them today, and we're thinking about we're kicking the door down.
Speaker 2: What y'all doing over there? You know, honestly, but.
Speaker 5: But honestly, bro, Like, I feel like the Lord strew with me with a voice, and I felt like early on in my career that voice was taken away from me because of my energy being put to trying to prove to everybody who I was. And when you are in a place of proving and constantly proving, you lose sight of your true growth. You lose sight of that true grace that you should give yourself. You lose sight of who you truly are, because you so.
Speaker 2: Immerse what someone else is thinking.
Speaker 5: And like one thing I love about just about about Jesus in general, like when I forget what chapter it was, but I know. In Matthew six thirty three, he talks about seeking first the kingdom of the Lord and all his righteousness. When someone is asking him, like what two things should I take with me to be able to begin into heaven? And he says, first, seek first the kingdo of God and all his rightousness, and all things will be given to you. And the second thing, he says, love thy neighbor as that I say. And when I get to that point, obviously, like everything I do is for my faith, My foundation is in the Lord. Or when I get to love thy neighbor as thyself, when I be speaking to young kids, I'd be like man, he says, love the neighbors self. So if you're not loving yourself, if you're not putting sweat equality and time into yourself. You will not be able to physically love your neighbor. You will not be able to physically serve someone else if you're not focusing on what you can do to be a solution for you. And that really just sit with me, and it encourages me every single day, Like when I'm me new people, when I'm talking to my teammates, when I'm kissing my babies, is like, man, I'm about to love my baby as I love myself. But first I got to make sure that my proge is straight. I gotta make sure that I'm doing things an efficient way. I got to make sure that I'm acting and not just saying. I got to make sure that I'm doing all these things for me to be able to be physically and mentally able to love someone else and serve someone else in the capacity that I may want to be served in.
Speaker 2: I know that's deep. You know what I'm saying, I'm trying to hit y'all with Bible service, But it's just a guy.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 12: It's a God in me, you know, always came natural, Like whether it's you're you know, trying to rally the troops in middle school, high school.
Speaker 1: Has that always came natural to you?
Speaker 2: It has?
Speaker 5: It has always came natural. I've never been really lost for words, man, and uh, and I'm grateful for that.
Speaker 2: My dad has.
Speaker 5: Obviously, he's been my he's been my coach coming up, and it was kind of a it was kind of a way for me to get on some of my teammates butts because it was always my fault, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like he was always trying to hype me up and like you need to do this, you need to do that. Like he stayed on me. He pushed me to that maximum level. So I'm gonna push me.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna push y'all ass because y'all don't understand what I'm going through at home.
Speaker 2: Y'all, y'all, y'all, just y'all. Just at practice, y'all. Ain't y'all, ain't y'all ain't end up blowing off some small cassetteations.
Speaker 5: So your daddy for your daddy, because we got old BC DHS cassette taste that we gotta put in a little thing and then put it in the in the in the BC R and then rewind it and we send the watching tape of our little league games.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Dad does does my uncle? May you gotta record all our games?
Speaker 5: Like yes, you're gonna watch this tap you about to see what you did while you foot one right there like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to have fun.
Speaker 6: So how old are you?
Speaker 2: Man? I saw watching film when I was six years old. Man's like, literally no, literally old VHS tapes. Man. My dad pulling me in the back room like hey, man, you're doing with your homework?
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, come on in here, like literally, go give me that little tape right there when they had the liberty tapes, like the little cassette tape that you will put inside the VHS because that like cord, the little tap, put it in a little adapter and then push it in there. Man, Like I was like, man, and then you know, littly tastes my uncle may up there. God is so like he's he just see me's going to touch down the.
Speaker 2: Film on go jabo, goo jabo. I'm going to touch down over there. I'm like, Dad, what are I supposed to be looking at?
Speaker 6: Right here?
Speaker 2: My shelf? I hit you in your mouth.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, honestly, it was a touchdown. You know what I'm saying, I ain't about to touch down. You can't get a touchdown until you got a first down. Here did you get a first down? But I got a touchdown? How many first downs? Was amount of yards that I had.
Speaker 2: To get a first down? But nah?
Speaker 5: I created my dad for like really giving me that voice man, because he was always encouraging me to one be accountable with what I'm doing. And two, if you see something, say something. If you feel something, say something, don't just sit here look at me and tell me. I was finna say this, but you know what, I ain't want to say it because I thought you was gonna get mad at me. Who does that help? You don't have nobody?
Speaker 6: That's a massive piece of advice, you know what I'm saying. How do you deal with that? So six years old, you're watching film like we all every I think every human being goes to that rebellious face in their life. Thirteen fourteen that Thestalstrem starts, it hit a little bit different. You start focusing on girls a little bit more, You start getting more rebellious towards your parents. How did you handle Did you ever have a rebellious phase with your father anybody, man.
Speaker 5: One of the toughest times in my life was was twenty nineteen, man, when I felt like I was growing as a man, as an individual, but my dad was going through some pains. I lost my grandmother, his mother of the year before, and my uncle. My uncle died on my birthday, you know, you know, it was just an early phase of COVID on my birthday of twenty nineteen, and it was tough for him.
Speaker 2: And that was one of the first well he was. He died the next year, but he was.
Speaker 5: Balancing sicknesses and stuff, and it was tough for him. And he decided I'm not gonna go to any of your games. And like, I'm okay, okay, we if we playing New York. You know what I'm saying. He don't life flying. I get that, you know, but you know, coming into my home games, he was like, no, I just don't. I don't think so I don't think I won't come to in of your games. And it was the first time where like me and him was like I'm like hold on now, like man, like this one is my contract. Yere like too, like I need you now more than ever you know what I'm saying, You've been in my life. I'm fortunate to have a dad in my life, and you decided not to come to my games this whole time. I found out that my uncle was sick after that, like he just was going through it because because it's his mom and I've never seen him in that way, And he didn't allow me to see him in that way until I was down bad, until you know, until I'm going into the Bucks facility in the middle of COVID training my butt off, like knowing that the world is shut down, but I see signs of TB twelve being built in the middle of COVID. I said, now, how in the hell aren't able to build a TB twelve in the middle of COVID, and like, and nothing is announced yet, but I'm going to the facility still, like, man, I'm gonna get a chance to work with Tom Brady. Oh my goodness, it is gonna be amazing. And then breaking news Tom Brady has just signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And I'm just sitting there like I knew that TV twelve there ain't don't nothing to happen by coincidence, Like I'm sitting up getting my.
Speaker 2: Life and I'm going through it with my dad.
Speaker 5: Like I've just been broken NFL record with thirty touches, thirty three touchdown, thirty interceptions, Like I ain't nobody gonna ever break that ever.
Speaker 2: They just they're not confident enough.
Speaker 5: But man, I just had this and at the same time, like like me and my dad were going through it because I'm like, man, like this is my biggest hit ever, Like and you not that for me, but a little bitter all Like man, I went, I wasn't dead for you either, because and sometimes in African American communities, like yeah, we have a dad present, but we're not consistently communicating with our.
Speaker 2: Father all the time.
Speaker 5: It's through sports, it's through uh, it's through discipline. Where we are communicating with our fathers. We never sit there and have the quality time because our fathers are either grinding or out to have just a heart to heart conversation, you know. And I and that's why I take prior of like sitting down at a table with my wife and kids and saying like, man, if you could change anything about the world today, or like what would you change, Just giving them that authority that you can speak to me about anything. I want to know what, like, what impact are you willing to make into this world? And I do believe that my relationship with my dad has grown since that those two years, just because we actually had to see each other both in downstages and we didn't want either of us to be in that role, but there was things that internally that we both was facing that we had no choice but to confess and come out with because.
Speaker 2: We both were in a down bad situation.
Speaker 1: Question for you, is your dad? Oh?
Speaker 6: Yes, the role lien up this episode to bring you Lucy. Lucy is the obvious choice for the true nicotine pouch connoisseur. That's why they're the official nicotine pouch partner of Barstool Sports. Lucy pouchers go up to twelve milligrams and strength and have a unique shape that feels great. Lucy Breakers are the only pouches with the hydration capsule inside. They are totally new kind of pouch only available from Lucy. Each Breaker contains a hydration hydration capsule that you can crack up them with your teeth and toss it your lip. The capsule releases a burst of flavor that helps release nicotine faster for an experience that you can't find in any other pouch. Listen gas station pouches. They get the job done. But once you've tried Lucy, you won't want anything else in your pocket. Get Lucy ships straight to your door. Visit Lucy dot co, forward slash busting and use promo code bustin to get twenty percent off your first order. Subscribe for another fifteen percent off, and shipping's always free. Lucy products are for are only for adults of legal age. Every order is age of verified warning. This probably contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
Speaker 12: Back to the episode, We'll get him, We'll get him in What's Uh? You got me curious now? Because obviously your dad was hard on you in a great way. I mean it led you to be the player that you are, the man that you are. What are you as you being a father?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 12: Everything you've learned from being you know, fathered by your dad, how do you approach fatherhood with your kids knowing like, okay, they never did sit down and have the tough conversations or have the vulnerabilities or when you're sitting at dinner and everything else how has your dad raising you helped you be the father that you are, whether it's I'm gonna take the things that he taught me and also I'm gonna do things a little bit differently, you know, against the things that I feel like I did not get for him from him as a kid.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm so blessed and grateful that, uh the time and the support that my wife gives me with my with my children, of how on top of everything she is, Like, I think it's truly a blessing when you have a partner that's like down for you. And I'm lucky because I met my baby when years in high school, like we've been high school, sweetheart, we didn't went through everything together like we didn't grow together, literally grew together like interest. We didn't grew together, you know, we didn't have heartbreak, we didn't have upsets. But man, when I view my kids and I know I'm loving her and I'm willing to sacrifice and provide and protect her when I'm looking at my babies, I want my babies to do as I do and not do as I say.
Speaker 2: So when I'm with them, I'm intentional with my words.
Speaker 5: I'm intentional with my actions because I want them to be young men of action and right now like they six and four. Anyway, so what I'm really saying, they really probably not listen or hearing me. I know one of them definitely not listening to hear me. But I do it with simple things. I engage with them by what they want, you know, because I want my babies to know what they heart truly desires, because I know I always knew, well honestly, I wanted to be a foot doctor, but I always knew I wanted to be an NFL Super Bowl winning quarterback.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, playing Dodgers because.
Speaker 5: Of the woman said your hobby who inspired me to be a foot doctor because she was taking care of my grandma feet and my dad feed So that's a long story. But anyway, for my babies, man, I just want them to do as I do and not do as I say. Man, And I want to continue to be this man of increase, and I want them to see me encountering with other people and leading other people so that they can know like, hey, this is this is just what we do. This is this is this ain't no facade, Like my daddy is the best daddy in the world because of his actions, not because of what he's saying, not because what he necessarily uh tell me or write down in his journal. You know, I think that's an important part too. I have, I got my receipts, you know, I got I keep my journal, you know what I'm saying. So when i'm right, write stuff down, Like I'm like, I'm gonna read this. My six year old son, he'll sit there and read what I just said. So now we're doing tangible things like, man, what you're writing that down for? Like I wrote down I'm kind, I'm greatful, I'm confident, man, because I need those affirmations just as much as you, my son, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're.
Speaker 5: Talking to yourself. I'm like, well, yes, I'm talking to myself. But we have the ability to speak life into ourselves. Like so, so you're still talking to yourself though, Daddy. I'm like, but it's okay to talk to yourself. We actually talk to ourselves more than anybody else. And he's like, okay, and you don't understand the impact that you're making because there's the processes break by brick.
Speaker 6: Yes, it is, man, that is awesome. It is as two guys with kids as well.
Speaker 1: That's awesome to hear. You're doing everything. He's got boys.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I got girls.
Speaker 1: I'm praying for two girls. Two girls. They're the best.
Speaker 2: But you would love to the throne. Yeah, underneath one.
Speaker 6: We gotta get you out here. So we have a twisted question. Is obviously brought to you by Twisted T five percent ABV non carbonated goes great at tailgates, you're at the bar with your buddies or at somebody's basement. Happened, a good time, goes down smooth, And for thirty touchdowns and thirty interceptions.
Speaker 2: No one will thirty three touchdowns, thirty three.
Speaker 6: Touchdowns and thirty interceptions. This question is so tailored to you. I hope you embrace it and you love it. It's halftime. The three of us were down three scores. We got to rally the troops. What are you saying to the boys at halftime?
Speaker 1: Coach looks.
Speaker 6: Everybody says a couple of words, jamis.
Speaker 10: Bring them up?
Speaker 2: Hey is zero zero? What happened already happened. But it ain't nothing that we can do but act. Now. That's act.
Speaker 5: Now, let's get busy. Let's go out there and let's dominate the line of scrimmage. First, let's make sure that we execute in the red zone. We're gonna get down there. I'm gonna throw it all over there. But let's make sure that we are populating the football on defense. Let's make sure that we are attacking the football on offense. I'm talking to your Rescius because IM gonna let you get it all right. Here we go, team on three, one two three, team.
Speaker 12: Beautiful love, beautiful bither. Thank you for your time. This has been incredible. Legitimately thanks.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, man, it's been a minute.
Speaker 12: We've been oneing to make this happen for a while and I've been talking with Joe. But sincerely, thank you for coming.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm grateful for you. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I tell you, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Yes, Sir, appreciate you.